Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

So I picked up a DDJ-SX at Sam Ash today... Pics inside

Dj Wunder 1:25 AM - 27 October, 2012
And I'm stoked!!!! Anyone know where I can find the software for it?

Lolllllllllleggo! Pics and reviews to come....
Dj Wunder 1:50 AM - 27 October, 2012
I'm off to see Bob Dylan at the Bowl, so unboxing pics and videos will have to wait...

lh6.googleusercontent.com
DJ Unique 4:21 AM - 27 October, 2012
I'm sure the software is in the box
Dj Wunder 7:20 AM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm sure the software is in the box

Ahh how right you are! Along with an authorization code for Serato Video. So stoked, shooting the unboxing vid tomorrow, software and hardware review shortly after!
nik39 9:05 AM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm off to see Bob Dylan at the Bowl, so unboxing pics and videos will have to wait...

Thats how a proud daddy looks like ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:36 PM - 27 October, 2012
Congrats!
irieproductions 2:49 PM - 27 October, 2012
jog wheels and fx demo please!!! let us hear some izotopee echo and the rest of teh goodies!
Dj Wunder 5:37 PM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Thats how a proud daddy looks like ;)

Yuuuup!

Quote:
Congrats!

Thanks! Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to ME!

Quote:
jog wheels and fx demo please!!! let us hear some izotopee echo and the rest of teh goodies!

You got it Irie. I'll run the sound through the unit for the video, so hopefully you'll have a good representation. Look for it Sunday evening
bar:tone 5:56 PM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
You got it Irie. I'll run the sound through the unit for the video, so hopefully you'll have a good representation. Look for it Sunday evening

cant wait to see that
Chris Beckler 9:45 PM - 27 October, 2012
check the boot-sequence here: Watchwww.youtube.com
He also touches the platters, they look to have some nice resitance, not like the NS6, spin freerly. I like it!

And it seems not software in the box! As they ship when the software is released, so...
Chris Beckler 9:49 PM - 27 October, 2012
Another , very bad, video about someone using it with Video Plugin and seems he DOES have the Serato DJ software, so it is boxed. Looks like he could better spent money for a better camera :D Watchwww.youtube.com
dj soops 10:54 PM - 27 October, 2012
Yessssir!! lets see some cutting, blending, effects and pad drumming on that bad boy!! sorry I'm getting carried away!!
Dj Wunder 11:28 PM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
Yessssir!! lets see some cutting, blending, effects and pad drumming on that bad boy!! sorry I'm getting carried away!!

Lol EZ there champ, I'm just a Mobile DJ, not a Skratch Pickle
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:12 AM - 28 October, 2012
^^ stop posting start video taping! :P
diezdiaz 3:27 AM - 28 October, 2012
any idea if the inputs are part of the soundcard?
got a handful of drum machines and need a card with more inputs, itd be the shit if the sx can do that, going to be awhile before i can sink more money into a soundcard upgrade
dj soops 11:42 AM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Lol EZ there champ, I'm just a Mobile DJ, not a Skratch Pickle

Lol, cool! let me know how the DDJSX jogs compare to the DDJS1(thats if you've used that deck). Congrats on the purchase.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:33 PM - 28 October, 2012
There nothing like.
DjCity 4:19 PM - 28 October, 2012
Are the platters smaller, larger or the same sizs as the NS6 platters?
Dj Wunder 4:47 PM - 28 October, 2012
Hey guys, I've never used an NS6 or an S1, this is my first controller so I won't be able to compare. That being said, I'm setting everything up right now for the video, please post here anything you would like me to test/try out.

Requests from other members so far:

1. FX!
2. Jogs
3. EQ's (Full Kill etc...)
4. Serato Video
DjCity 4:48 PM - 28 October, 2012
Mic talkover
Dj Wunder 4:50 PM - 28 October, 2012
1. FX!
2. Jogs
4. Serato Video
5. Mic Talkover
6. Soundcard i/o
7. Pads
dj-nice 5:03 PM - 28 October, 2012
please show midi config
controversial 5:14 PM - 28 October, 2012
please show all views
irieproductions 5:18 PM - 28 October, 2012
yeah show all the screens from the setup interface to see the avaiable options.
[O/][iii][O/] 5:58 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
Hey guys, I've never used an NS6 or an S1, this is my first controller so I won't be able to compare. That being said, I'm setting everything up right now for the video, please post here anything you would like me to test/try out.

Requests from other members so far:

1. FX!
2. Jogs
4. Serato Video

In addition to whether or not EQs cut to full kill, I'd like to know how the DDJ-SX running SDJ behaves when stored loops are selected and engaged. Does it behave normally like SSL and ITCH (except on Twitch of VCI-380) where the loop simply turns on and starts looping when the playhead reaches the stored loop, OR does the playhead automatically jump to the stored loop like a hot cue behaves.

Also would like to know if there are options that allow to see cover art in library as a grid like you can on SSL and ITCH or are you stuck with just vertical list view.

Also see please if the missing stacked decks mode for 2 and 4 decks like SSL and ITCH are in SDJ. I know Serato said these modes aren't in SDJ v1.0, but hoping they realized how important these modes are to certain users and were able to add them back in last minute before SDJ released.

Thanks
nik39 6:31 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
I know Serato said these modes aren't in SDJ v1.0, but hoping they realized how important these modes are to certain users

Thanks for using the appropriate words. :)
[O/][iii][O/] 6:40 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I know Serato said these modes aren't in SDJ v1.0, but hoping they realized how important these modes are to certain users

Thanks for using the appropriate words. :)

Thanks for caring what many of us care about ;-)
diezdiaz 9:17 PM - 28 October, 2012
Hey oiiio, are you talking about the second from last picture? :D

createdigitalmusic.com/2012/10/dj-views-any-way-you-want-them-next-gen
-serato-dj-ui-in-screenshots-gallery/
breakermixer 9:54 PM - 28 October, 2012
[O/][iii][O/] 10:20 PM - 28 October, 2012
Hi - No, I'm talking about this one: i802.photobucket.com

This pick shows 4-decks stacked, but there's also a mode for 2-decks stacked. These two modes in SSL/ITCH are the most efficient use of screen real estate, mainly because they minimize the white circles and provide a nice, long chunks of waveform views all stacked on a single timeline. They also provide caver art on each playing deck as well. This screen capture also shows one of the two the cover art grid view options in the library that allows user to see much more of his/her music collection at once versus just the horizontal list view.
dj soops 10:52 PM - 28 October, 2012
Quote:
1. FX!
2. Jogs
4. Serato Video
5. Mic Talkover
6. Soundcard i/o
7. Pads

Got one more....8. Brake adjust for the stop/start button (I mailed Pioneer and they said although theres no physical knob like the DDJS1, you can still adjust this in the software....
diezdiaz 11:04 PM - 28 October, 2012
Ah misunderstood what you meant by stacked
Dj Wunder 3:45 AM - 29 October, 2012
Video uploading to YouTube now. *ahem, hardware/standalone mixer only. This is embarrasing, but the installation CD included with the DDJ-SX only contained manuals and a LINK to download the software, so looks like I'm waiting like everyone else. Soooooo bummed. Anyways, check the video, I cover the mixer, EQ's, filters, faders, pads, Mic talkover, and all sound is run through the unit so you can have a real listen. I did not try to connect it as a MIDI controller, as the manual says not to connect until the software is loaded :(

Quote:
Quote:
1. FX!
2. Jogs
4. Serato Video
5. Mic Talkover
6. Soundcard i/o
7. Pads

Got one more....8. Brake adjust for the stop/start button (I mailed Pioneer and they said although theres no physical knob like the DDJS1, you can still adjust this in the software....

Nope, no physical knob for brake adjust, no tension for jogs either

[O/][iii][O/] - The EQ's DO NOT full kill, just -26db as is printed on the board. I guess the full kill is software only...

Quote:
Mic talkover

Talkover isn't bad. I wish it would just omit the mid frequencies, but it ducks the entire track. When you activate talkover, it deactivates the fader.
Proggieus 3:55 AM - 29 October, 2012
any possibility of you uploading the manual to rapidshare.com, i would love a chance to actually read it before i have the controller on thursday, that i way can concentrate on reading it and not just gleefully mashing buttons.
DiRTSNaP 4:05 AM - 29 October, 2012
Wunder,
That link might work to install the software. It must have worked for that Thai youtube vid.
Dj Wunder 4:10 AM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
any possibility of you uploading the manual to rapidshare.com, i would love a chance to actually read it before i have the controller on thursday, that i way can concentrate on reading it and not just gleefully mashing buttons.

Sure, CD's at home though, won't get to it til tomorrow

Quote:
Wunder,
That link might work to install the software. It must have worked for that Thai youtube vid.

Trust me I tried. Don't know where that kid got his software from, but it wasn't from this damn CD
Proggieus 4:12 AM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:

Trust me I tried. Don't know where that kid got his software from, but it wasn't from this damn CD

They may have deactivated the link for the time being once they found out it was in the wild.
Proggieus 4:15 AM - 29 October, 2012
I am a little surprised they have not made it available for download yet, It would ease the strain on the servers on Thursday morning. Its not like you can do a whole lot with it without the control surface
Dj Wunder 4:32 AM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
I am a little surprised they have not made it available for download yet, It would ease the strain on the servers on Thursday morning. Its not like you can do a whole lot with it without the control surface

Agreed. I'm boggled. Could they STILL be tweaking it??
Proggieus 4:44 AM - 29 October, 2012
I sure as hell hope not, i do some programming and one thing I know is that when you change one thing it can have a unintended effect somewhere else.

The only way to know if it did is to test and test and test.

If i had to guess i would say they had a stable release candidate before they OK'd the press release announcing the SX. That would explain the relatively short window from announcement to ship date. It was likely just enough time to get them into the country, though customs, and out to the dealers

Will there still be bugs, yes. but changing the code at this late date would be a very risky decision.
Proggieus 4:54 AM - 29 October, 2012
that upload done yet?
Dj Wunder 4:54 AM - 29 October, 2012
Wow youtube upload is taking for-ever. Check this link tomorrow:

youtu.be
Proggieus 4:55 AM - 29 October, 2012
hah, posted at the same time,

thanks
[O/][iii][O/] 12:33 PM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:

[O/][iii][O/] - The EQ's DO NOT full kill, just -26db as is printed on the board. I guess the full kill is software only...

Thanks, but guessing about what the EQs do/don't do when in software mode is precisely what we are NOT wanting to do and would really like some firm answers on this since Serato and Pioneer still haven't provided any firm answers. Appreciate any info you can provide if/when you get software fired up and running on DDJ-SX. Thank you.
DiRTSNaP 3:38 PM - 29 October, 2012
Wunder,
support.google.com
video processing error?
It's still not up.
BRhynO 5:16 PM - 29 October, 2012
where is the unboxing, setup and review video?
Dj Wunder 5:28 PM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
where is the unboxing, setup and review video?

Here: Watchwww.youtube.com

youtube was sucking ducks
hbinupt 5:29 PM - 29 October, 2012
Looks like he has been too busy to post it. Luckily the rest of us only have till the end of the week to get a unit. I'll do an unboxing video and software review once I get mine on Friday.
www.youtube.com
hbinupt 5:29 PM - 29 October, 2012
NM thanks Wunder!
DiRTSNaP 5:30 PM - 29 October, 2012
Thanks Wunder
ChanManNYC 5:56 PM - 29 October, 2012
Just curious, can you use Traktor with it until SDJ comes out? :) I already pre-ordered my SX and plan on using SDJ, but since it's not out until Thursday...
DiRTSNaP 5:59 PM - 29 October, 2012
ChanMan,
There are no mappings out yet for the DDJ-SX, and creating one (I think) takes a long time.
So I don't think he would be able to show it off with Traktor to a point that would please us.
hbinupt 6:03 PM - 29 October, 2012
Does it work at all with Scratch Live? I thought I read that it did, or is it just mapped for SDJ?
dj-freestyle 6:16 PM - 29 October, 2012
just sdj
DjCity 6:30 PM - 29 October, 2012
How do the jogs feel?!?
Are they loose?
Are they tight?
Do they free spin?
Do they have some resistance?
roy rohypnol 6:37 PM - 29 October, 2012
What the sound quality like???
Also, whats it like to dj with this through headphones without monitors in use?? can it be done on this mixer? whats the headphone amp and sound like?? does it sound clear???

Many thanks.

p.s. nice youtube video btw
Dj Wunder 8:11 PM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
Just curious, can you use Traktor with it until SDJ comes out? :) I already pre-ordered my SX and plan on using SDJ, but since it's not out until Thursday...

Me and Traktor are like oil and water. Last time I tried it I had to take a long shower

Quote:
Does it work at all with Scratch Live? I thought I read that it did, or is it just mapped for SDJ?

The directions warned against connecting the controller without software installed, so no MIDI for me right now. Also, I read somewhere that the MIDI notes sent by the SX are highly tailored, so you would have to do a little tweaking to get it to send notes that work well with SSL

Quote:
How do the jogs feel?!?
Are they loose?
Are they tight?
Do they free spin?
Do they have some resistance?

Jogs feel good, solid, pretty loose, free spinning, the slightest hint of resistance, but I'd like a little more, or a tension adjust

Quote:
What the sound quality like???
Also, whats it like to dj with this through headphones without monitors in use?? can it be done on this mixer? whats the headphone amp and sound like?? does it sound clear???

Many thanks.

p.s. nice youtube video btw

I was going to set up monitors but when I plugged in the headphones it sounded great, so I left the speakers out. The headphone amp is clean and powerful, in my living room, we'll see in a live environment
BRhynO 9:59 PM - 29 October, 2012
can you show some screen shots of the Serato DJ on your macbook
djjoefresh 10:02 PM - 29 October, 2012
Serato DJ isn't released yet.
Chris Beckler 10:10 PM - 29 October, 2012
How odd... The 2 videos I posted are both GONE, one has gone private, other has is removed. Has Serato/Pioneer anything to do with this?
dj-freestyle 10:28 PM - 29 October, 2012
I would guess yes :)
dj-freestyle 10:28 PM - 29 October, 2012
Big brother dam them
Proggieus 10:50 PM - 29 October, 2012
any luck on the manual upload?
Proggieus 10:55 PM - 29 October, 2012
well they have the firmware update manual posted

www.pioneerelectronics.com

but no manuals yet
DiRTSNaP 10:56 PM - 29 October, 2012
they downgraded the MSRP to $999
Dj Wunder 12:44 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
How odd... The 2 videos I posted are both GONE, one has gone private, other has is removed. Has Serato/Pioneer anything to do with this?

Just got a ceaes & desist request from pioneer on my vid. WHO SNITCHED?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?1

LOL
Proggieus 12:51 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Just got a ceaes & desist request from pioneer on my vid. WHO SNITCHED?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?1

LOL

on what grounds?

it can't be copyrighted by them and you legally bought the unit.

tell them to get stuffed
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:54 AM - 30 October, 2012
Must be Serato. I got the same notice for posting Serato DJ Screenshots.
Proggieus 12:57 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Must be Serato. I got the same notice for posting Serato DJ Screenshots.

but he is not discussing Sertato products, and since he does not have the software i am pretty sure he has not clicked "I Agree" to any terms of service agreements.

so again what legal grounds do they have for a C&D
Serato, Support
ChrisD 12:59 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Must be Serato.

Wrong.

Why would we continue to let you post links and talk about this but then make efforts to stop you?

Also, what screenshots are you talking about? The ones we made readily available on the internet? C'mon...
DJ Unique 1:06 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Just got a ceaes & desist request from pioneer on my vid.

Pioneer mafia is gonna put a hit on you.
DiRTSNaP 1:06 AM - 30 October, 2012
Soon enough, this won't matter.
DiRTSNaP 1:07 AM - 30 October, 2012
The Thai video was also removed btw.
Dj Wunder 1:16 AM - 30 October, 2012
So what do you think? The only thing I really care about is my local Sam Ash. Pioneer didn't offer me anything, it's obviously for business reasons that they don't want the video up, so if they're going to benefit, shouldn't they offer me something for that benefit? I pose the question because they told me they are following this thread, so maybe we can all get an answer.

I mean really, aren't I stirring up hype for their gear?? They should THANK me.

Peep the message:

Hi there, its Pioneer
Hi Wes,

This is Pioneer DJ, we noticed that you recently purchased a DDJ-SX from Sam Ash. Thanks so much for purchasing this product but as you may know our dealers were not supposed to allow customers to purchase the SX until after Nov. 1st due to no software. With that said, can you do us a favor and remove your youtube video and the forum post asap? You can feel free to re-post this after Nov.1 once dealers and Serato release all information. Thanks again for all the enthusiasm over the new product as we know you are going to love it!

Youtube open box
Watchwww.youtube.com

Serato forum
serato.com

Thanks,
Pioneer DJ (USA)
Marketing
Proggieus 1:20 AM - 30 October, 2012
F-em, you own it, you took the time to show the stuff Pioneer couldn't be bothered to show.

Leave it up,

maybe next time they will actually take the time to show a product actually working before launch date so people can get a feel for it before they have to pony up $1000+
DiRTSNaP 1:21 AM - 30 October, 2012
Hello Pioneer DJ (USA)
Chris Beckler 1:23 AM - 30 October, 2012
lame... it is not like you show unfinished leaked ssecret stuff. Tbh, what they mailed isn't even a legal notice but a request from the marketing department or so...
Proggieus 1:25 AM - 30 October, 2012
maybe they are embarrassed because your ~6 minute video a day after receiving the unit showed more useful information then they did in a month with a professionally produced video and a three day trade show staffed by employees did.
Dj Wunder 1:26 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
lame... it is not like you show unfinished leaked ssecret stuff. Tbh, what they mailed isn't even a legal notice but a request from the marketing department or so...

No, nothing legal, definitely a favor. I posted the message above, they use the word "favor". I say, sheeeeeeeyit, do me a mutha****** favor!
Proggieus 1:30 AM - 30 October, 2012
if this double posts i apologize,

I would still like a peek at the manual if you get a chance
Dj Wunder 1:33 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
if this double posts i apologize,

I would still like a peek at the manual if you get a chance

Everything on the Installation CD was links to the Pioneer site. I got nothin' :(
Proggieus 1:33 AM - 30 October, 2012
ok, thanks anyways
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:43 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Must be Serato.

Wrong.

Why would we continue to let you post links and talk about this but then make efforts to stop you?

Also, what screenshots are you talking about? The ones we made readily available on the internet? C'mon...

Well here is my notice.
Let me know if this was not Serato?
I even explained on my video that I was not affiliated with Serato that I was doing this to post stuff that I think that its worth promoting.
The Video was the screenshots of Serato DJ made into a slide show.
Hopefully you can prove me wrong? :)

Serato DJ Screenshots Serato.com Coming out Nov 1, 2012 - (Djxtrodinaire)

Video ID: cyb55BNWl2o

Removed due to a copyright claim by Serato INC LP on Oct 24, 2012

I still have the notice if you want.
First ding on my clean youtube record :(
haze324 2:00 AM - 30 October, 2012
what bullsh!t.....
Serato, Support
ChrisD 2:19 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:

Oh. So you didn't just link to images on our website?

Of course you can't do that. All content on this website can be reproduced only with our permission - serato.com

Why you want to do that anyway? Why not just link to the original source?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:41 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
All content on this website can be reproduced only with our permission - serato.com

It was not for commercial (monetary) purposes:

And i did link serato.com in the video as a link even added into the description.
All good. I guess i just wasted my time trying to promote Serato DJ :)

Back on topic
DJ Unique 3:47 AM - 30 October, 2012
o_O

Serato Mafia!!!
Dj Wunder 6:09 AM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Oh. So you didn't just link to images on our website?

Of course you can't do that. All content on this website can be reproduced only with our permission - serato.com

Why you want to do that anyway? Why not just link to the original source?

Quote:
Quote:
All content on this website can be reproduced only with our permission - serato.com

It was not for commercial (monetary) purposes:

And i did link serato.com in the video as a link even added into the description.
All good. I guess i just wasted my time trying to promote Serato DJ :)

Back on topic

Let's face it Chris is right... gray area... carry on
irieproductions 1:26 PM - 30 October, 2012
hey weswunder would you be doing another short video when the software becomes available to review some of the missing things you couldn't do?
Chris Beckler 4:08 PM - 30 October, 2012
I got a question! As currecnt DDJ-S1 owner, I've always been annoyed by the dead center zone and the click at 0% pitch, that I wish it was just smooth without a dead-zone few mm up and down the center. Is the pitch on this one also with a center click?
Dj Nyce 4:10 PM - 30 October, 2012
when are manufacturers going to learn. you announce a product, everybody wants it. everybody asks questions, wants videos, pictures, etc. you release some bullshit video a few screenshots and you get mad when a consumer posts one video with more info than you've released in 30 days.

this could be resolved if you put out more information in a timely manner. have the product available within weeks of announcing it. nobody wants to wait 3 months for a product.
phatbob 4:13 PM - 30 October, 2012
I agree with you in principle, Nyce, but in this case the DDJ-SX and Serato DJ have gone from announcement to release in less than a month. So I don't think that it really applies in this case.
Dj Wunder 5:22 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
hey weswunder would you be doing another short video when the software becomes available to review some of the missing things you couldn't do?

Yes I will :)

I've made the video private for now, figured you guys have all seen it, what's a couple days?
Quote:
I got a question! As currecnt DDJ-S1 owner, I've always been annoyed by the dead center zone and the click at 0% pitch, that I wish it was just smooth without a dead-zone few mm up and down the center. Is the pitch on this one also with a center click?

Yes there's a click. I like the click, hope you're wrong about the dead zone...
Chris Beckler 5:31 PM - 30 October, 2012
bah. hope the click is less then the S1. cdj2000's don't have them. that makes every adjustment smooth. now I always need to move it about 2 or 3mm before the first .XX bpm adjustment happens. annoying when doing slight adjustments around 0. Caus there is a 6mm dead zone...that would be a let-down, but not a deal breaker.
serkan 11:18 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
maybe they are embarrassed because your ~6 minute video a day after receiving the unit showed more useful information then they did in a month with a professionally produced video and a three day trade show staffed by employees did.

lol +1
ChanManNYC 11:42 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:
ChanMan,
There are no mappings out yet for the DDJ-SX, and creating one (I think) takes a long time.
So I don't think he would be able to show it off with Traktor to a point that would please us.

Yah, good point.

Quote:
Me and Traktor are like oil and water. Last time I tried it I had to take a long shower

^^^ LOL
dj soops 1:19 AM - 31 October, 2012

lol Wes, you did your thing!! dont let Pioneer bully you....we the people, need info before we make a big purchase
dj jamalot 1:49 AM - 31 October, 2012
I pre ordered mine from Pro Sound and NO way would they even release it for nothing so i guess some stores abide by the release date and some don't either way you can't use it until the software is ready so i guess i didn't miss much mine ships tomorrow so i will have it thursday when the software is ready...
Chris Beckler 2:01 AM - 31 October, 2012
a users hardware review.
zilchified.blogspot.be
djjoefresh 4:15 AM - 31 October, 2012
Appreciate you trying Wunder. I think we're all just really impatient at this point, but there's only a few days til it's officially released and we can all enjoy trying it ourselves and posting reviews.
Chris Beckler 6:35 AM - 31 October, 2012
a few days? Want timezone do you live? :p
Chris Beckler 6:36 AM - 31 October, 2012
damn autocorrect and no edit button!
djjoefresh 6:41 AM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
a few days? What timezone do you live? :p

I'm on Eastern Time.
Banking on my SX shipping out on the 1st and getting it a few days after that.
No idea when it'll actually ship, but I was very early on pre-ordering so I'm optimistic. :)
diezdiaz 9:02 AM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
when are manufacturers going to learn. you announce a product, everybody wants it. everybody asks questions, wants videos, pictures, etc. you release some bullshit video a few screenshots and you get mad when a consumer posts one video with more info than you've released in 30 days.

this could be resolved if you put out more information in a timely manner. have the product available within weeks of announcing it. nobody wants to wait 3 months for a product.

Amen. Serve your consumers, and don't bitch about those willing to preach the gospel of your fucking product for free. I would get it if they were making ad revenue or some other line of income off your product but even politely worded c
"cease and desist" letters to fans who want to buy your shit is absurd.

Going to buy it anyways but really - this quasi litigious shit makes you look like bitches. Grow a pair for real, it's not like you aren't rich add fuck off our money.
Chris Beckler 11:26 AM - 31 October, 2012
CDJ2000 platters compared to the SXplatters. Lol, looks so small now:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Chris Beckler 11:28 AM - 31 October, 2012
CDJ900 that is...
BRhynO 1:27 PM - 31 October, 2012
DJ Wunder the final count down begin for you .....
BRhynO 1:28 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
final

hope to see a few videos asap
DJ DU 2:22 PM - 31 October, 2012
I've had one for two weeks. Any questions just ask. I posted a video comparing it on youtube Watchwww.youtube.com

No Software till tomorrow so I can't review that.
Millz 2:33 PM - 31 October, 2012
I had just a simple picture of me standing next to the SX and was asked to take it down. Wasnt showing software, didnt give pros/cons, kept it totally professional. Didnt answer any questions about the product. A simple picture showing me next to the SX....its weaksauce.
XRM5 3:11 PM - 31 October, 2012
This whole rollout is weaksauce.

It's been a rocky couple of years for Serato, and even though the right things are starting to happen, the way they're happening isn't really restoring my faith.
Chris Beckler 3:22 PM - 31 October, 2012
what I find strange, is that there no single promotional video showing off the whole setup working. the software is announced, screenshots released, hardware has been shipped. yet, neither Pioneer or Serato show of what they accomplished.So in the end, why should we run to the store? or even preorder? at least a review from respected sites a month before release would be great...
XRM5 3:26 PM - 31 October, 2012
Sure sign of trouble.

There would have been more preorders if they showed it at BPM or had videos out since then. They wouldn't have skipped those chances unless they had to.

Hopefully they figured it out and have it bug-free in time.
dj-nice 3:30 PM - 31 October, 2012
its now November 01- since 4 1/2 hours in Auckland. Where is the Software? ;-)
phatbob 3:36 PM - 31 October, 2012
So it's 4am in New Zealand, you're saying.

How many Serato staff do you think are at work at 4am?

SMH.
dj-nice 3:42 PM - 31 October, 2012
there is an unvisible [IRONIC] tag im my posting
Chris Beckler 4:01 PM - 31 October, 2012
If they manually need to put the site online, lol... this should be an automated process to move files to the webserver to come online at a cerain time :D
phatbob 4:48 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
there is an unvisible [IRONIC] tag im my posting

A little too invisible for me to pick up on apparently... ;-)

In fairness, the way this forum has been lately it's perfectly feasible that someone could write a post like that seriously...
VxJasonxV 7:22 PM - 31 October, 2012
I don't think that's limited to 'lately'.
Dj Wunder 11:37 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
DJ Wunder the final count down begin for you .....

hehe 2 hours 22 minutes 12 seconds and coutning....
DiRTSNaP 12:59 AM - 1 November, 2012
ONE MORE HOUR!
dj-freestyle 1:15 AM - 1 November, 2012
Saw my ddj today sitting at guitar center. Ready for tomorrow. cant wait.
DiRTSNaP 1:30 AM - 1 November, 2012
lucky, I preordered mine from a Brooklyn based store, with delays now due to Sandy =(
Proggieus 1:31 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
lucky, I preordered mine from a Brooklyn based store, with delays now due to Sandy =(

they are delaying the launch event, i would guess you could still go picket up if they are open.
Proggieus 1:32 AM - 1 November, 2012
picket-pick it
dj-freestyle 1:32 AM - 1 November, 2012
Ya sucks. I feel bad for the new york stuff.
irieproductions 1:50 AM - 1 November, 2012
DiRTSNaP 1:52 AM - 1 November, 2012
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:56 AM - 1 November, 2012
at least they started a Pioneer Controller Help section :D

serato.com
DiRTSNaP 1:57 AM - 1 November, 2012
so no more cease and desists?
DiRTSNaP 2:00 AM - 1 November, 2012
downloading it now
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:01 AM - 1 November, 2012
Get iT
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:31 AM - 1 November, 2012
Check out the Slot Loop I think this is what most people were hoping for :)
diezdiaz 2:42 AM - 1 November, 2012
ahhh if only the site i preordered it from shipped it so i got it tomorrow
Dj Wunder 2:49 AM - 1 November, 2012
SHE IS MINE!!!

AND SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

and yes I've hit a couple glitches already... small ones, I'm sure they'll get fixed once I put the bug report up...

And the new color scheme, kinda feels like I'm running Mix Emergency... hmmm......
irieproductions 2:55 AM - 1 November, 2012
Dj Wunder, sup with that video! let us listen those fx and jog wheel response.

Phil from digitaldjtips pointed out that A) to spin back you need to rotate while holding down the jog wheel, you cant just give it a hard spin and release it otherwise it will stop and B) the autoloop seems to be confusing as theres no indicator on screen as to what parameter you have selected until you actually press the autoloop button?

Seems like an accident could happen if you had left autoloop on 1/32 and you forget about it and hit autoloop again.
Dj Wunder 3:08 AM - 1 November, 2012
Autoloops are definitely marked well on screen, so you can see which value you're at and set it before you engage the loops.

Spinback.... meh. not the worst, but then what do I know. Maybe there's a "Spinback Setting" I haven't found yet... or maybe it will be implemented soon?? *nudge nudge
dj-freestyle 3:10 AM - 1 November, 2012
Wunder are the pads as dope as they look live?
Dj Wunder 3:18 AM - 1 November, 2012
Pads are perfect, I'm making a hell of a racket right now learning the Slicer

My color sorting is all messed up! They totally made it better with bigger colors, but my library isn't sorting correctly by color right now! Bug report #2...

FX sound great, + post fader!
Dj Wunder 3:22 AM - 1 November, 2012
The evil sync button isn't so evil! It only seems to lock all synced decks to the PITCH slider, so you still have to line things up correctly by ear, and when you want to nudge the pitch, everything stays together!
irieproductions 3:26 AM - 1 November, 2012
Does it concerns anyone that Wunder possibly identified 2 bugs in less than 15 minutes? lol makes me wonder about the qa testing process of serato.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:27 AM - 1 November, 2012
How's the dual deck scratching? Neat?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:28 AM - 1 November, 2012
That color sorting was still an issue with itch. It was fixed but when the final version came out it was messed up again
Dj Wunder 3:30 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Does it concerns anyone that Wunder possibly identified 2 bugs in less than 15 minutes? lol makes me wonder about the qa testing process of serato.

Understand that User Error may certainly be at play here. I'm literally mashing about in the studio, jumping around like a little school girl, then running over her to the PC to type you guys my findings. The color sort thing for SURE is a bug, I found it quickly because that is the foundation of my library sorting....

Quote:
How's the dual deck scratching? Neat?

Awesome, and confusing. Best use so far: While playing a track on the right deck, I cued up an acapella and instrumental on the 2 left decks, then scratched those in = instant mashup mix!! Pretty cool
[O/][iii][O/] 3:33 AM - 1 November, 2012
Hi DJ Wunder - Can you please comment about the EQs in software mode as to whether or not the FULL KILL or just attenuate to -26dB as printed on control panel? It's already been confirmed they only attenuate in hardware mode, but no news yet on software mode. Thank you.
Dj Wunder 3:49 AM - 1 November, 2012
Full kill buddy!
[O/][iii][O/] 3:50 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Full kill buddy!

Thank you very much!

Oh, and congrats on your purchase. Hope it's everything you want/need :-)
Dj Wunder 4:54 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Full kill buddy!

Thank you very much!

Oh, and congrats on your purchase. Hope it's everything you want/need :-)

A little overwhelming actually, might be a while before I can even think about a review video, might have to leave that to the pros. If you guys want to see/hear anything let me know, It'll be easy to put up quick snippets of info instead of an in-depth review
Mizurah 9:06 AM - 1 November, 2012
id love that. mine is in the mail!
BRhynO 12:55 PM - 1 November, 2012
Dj Wunder ..... don't lag with the videos and review
waiting
Dj Delta-Vita 1:27 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
waiting

+1
dj-freestyle 1:27 PM - 1 November, 2012
On the way to the store to grab mine. Ill try to do a video this morning
Funkytownstopsix 2:31 PM - 1 November, 2012
I came on the site to see what's new and there is a new controller one that I been searcing for,,,, booth out... and Pioneer yeah boy.... Since I was late on this I just ordered mine from Guitar Center the reason order from there is that they have $200 off on purchase of $999 and above so the cost is $799.... Promo code HLDY200 I have to wait but fudge it.... I just watch you guys videos... Big out.
nik39 2:37 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
I came on the site to see what's new and there is a new controller one that I been searcing for,,,, booth out... and Pioneer yeah boy.... Since I was late on this I just ordered mine from Guitar Center the reason order from there is that they have $200 off on purchase of $999 and above so the cost is $799.... Promo code HLDY200 I have to wait but fudge it.... I just watch you guys videos... Big out.

Wow! That's a steal!!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:59 PM - 1 November, 2012
Just got mine
instagr.am
Dj Poole 4:03 PM - 1 November, 2012
Got mine... lovin it... only hardware issue is one of my velocity pads isnt working... Software puts Itch to shame and is simular to Scratch Live
nik39 4:10 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Got mine... lovin it... only hardware issue is one of my velocity pads isnt working... Software puts Itch to shame and is simular to Scratch Live

Did you update your firmware? I think there is a new firmware version v1.01 out.
nik39 4:11 PM - 1 November, 2012
pioneerdj.com

Looks like it does not fix this issue:
Quote:
Ver.1.00 ->Ver.1.01 (1 November, 2012 Update)
- Optimized the touch sensor sensitivity adjustment range for the jog dial.
- Fixed an issue when using generic MIDI control.
Dj Poole 4:15 PM - 1 November, 2012
I wish.. it's defin a connection issue under the pad as it either holds or doesnt turn on
Dj Poole 4:21 PM - 1 November, 2012
I tried the DDJ-SX-V101... clicked to open and nothing happens..
nik39 4:25 PM - 1 November, 2012
Are you on a Mac?
dj-freestyle 5:01 PM - 1 November, 2012
picked mine up and opening now.
Dj Poole 5:05 PM - 1 November, 2012
Problem resolved... Version 101 installed... followed the update guide :-)
diezdiaz 5:06 PM - 1 November, 2012
ah so anxious for this - the site i preordered this from had some obvious complications as their main warehouse is in new jersey.
DiRTSNaP 5:12 PM - 1 November, 2012
Same. ProAudioStar is in Brooklyn. =(
DeedupDex 5:14 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
ah so anxious for this - the site i preordered this from had some obvious complications as their main warehouse is in new jersey.

did you also order from AMS?
diezdiaz 5:23 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:

yup yup - love that easy pay plan. ha
dj-freestyle 5:25 PM - 1 November, 2012
What do we do with free video if we already have it. they should have had a different thing for us. just a thought.
djallstyle 5:28 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
What do we do with free video if we already have it. they should have had a different thing for us. just a thought.

+1.... Truuuuuuuuue!!!
haze324 5:30 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:

I'll buy it from you?
dj-freestyle 5:42 PM - 1 November, 2012
Thing blows ns6 out the water. these pads are unreal. slicer mode is amazing and effects blow away ns6
dj-freestyle 5:42 PM - 1 November, 2012
Way better sound to
Just Mike 6:03 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

yup yup - love that easy pay plan. ha

Me too...But GC offering $200 off of order for $999. I love the easy pay plan, but no DDJ-SX yet. I may have to bypass my beloved 5 Pay plan to get it sooner. Come on AMS. Let me know something!!
nik39 6:06 PM - 1 November, 2012
$799... can't pass on that deal
Funkytownstopsix 6:11 PM - 1 November, 2012
Ok anyone got a better hard case option, than the oddesy case. Paying almost half of what you pay for the ddj sx seems a little strange to me. $320 for a case damn...
DJRobKraze 6:14 PM - 1 November, 2012
Here is look of the SX with serato Dj running showing a few views that an owner posted a few min ago.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 6:16 PM - 1 November, 2012
diezdiaz 6:20 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Me too...But GC offering $200 off of order for $999. I love the easy pay plan, but no DDJ-SX yet. I may have to bypass my beloved 5 Pay plan to get it sooner. Come on AMS. Let me know something!!

oh i'd be all over it too if i had 800 laying around right now. i called their customer service to ask whats the deal on shipping (for whatever reason i thought they were in indianapolis), girl said they just got the shipment in today, they still have to process it, and theyre delayed because the warehouse is in jersey. i just laughed and thanked her, bitching about a release date when their warehouse is in a state that jsut got shit on seemed trivial, it should be another day or 2 before they ship.
Just Mike 6:24 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

oh i'd be all over it too if i had 800 laying around right now. i called their customer service to ask whats the deal on shipping (for whatever reason i thought they were in indianapolis), girl said they just got the shipment in today, they still have to process it, and theyre delayed because the warehouse is in jersey. i just laughed and thanked her, bitching about a release date when their warehouse is in a state that jsut got shit on seemed trivial, it should be another day or 2 before they ship.

Ditto on the purchase. They told me the same thing. I waited this long, I guess it will not hurt to wait a little while longer.
DJRobKraze 6:25 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I just got the same lip service from Musician Friends .. I was tempted to go down the street to the Guitar Center here in Phx and use my 200 dollar off coupon... But guess what, it's like one of the few GC in the country that doesnt actually have it in stock, it will take 3-5 days to ship to this store... guess i am waiting on my pre-order..
dj-freestyle 6:26 PM - 1 November, 2012
Hey anybody with the ddj, were is the pitch bend, am i blind?
dj-freestyle 6:26 PM - 1 November, 2012
I know we can use jog wheel but i like haveing bend?
Konix 6:29 PM - 1 November, 2012
There are no pitch bend buttons, got to use the outer ring of the jog wheel in vinyl mode, or you can use the top of the jog wheel in CDJ mode.
Just Mike 6:30 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, If I don't hear anything from AMS by tomorrow, I'm going to sell my first born and go to GC and get the damn thing! Lol

I just got the same lip service from Musician Friends .. I was tempted to go down the street to the Guitar Center here in Phx and use my 200 dollar off coupon... But guess what, it's like one of the few GC in the country that doesnt actually have it in stock, it will take 3-5 days to ship to this store... guess i am waiting on my pre-order..
dj-freestyle 6:30 PM - 1 November, 2012
Ok that kinda sucks. big time. im used to them from my 3900 and ns6. kinda bummed
nik39 6:30 PM - 1 November, 2012
You have to bend using the jog wheels outter ring
Konix 6:31 PM - 1 November, 2012
You can use the keyboard shortcuts for pitch bending also though (T/Y, G/H).
dj-freestyle 6:33 PM - 1 November, 2012
Ya just used to them on the controller. ill get over it.
dj-freestyle 6:34 PM - 1 November, 2012
Have to say konix always has the asnswers. i still can tsee how to delete cues in there?
dj-freestyle 6:34 PM - 1 November, 2012
shift, got it
irieproductions 6:53 PM - 1 November, 2012
i've searched youtube for demos on the ddj-sx and no one has uploaded a video yet of this thing in action :|. i had hoped that by now videos would start showing up ahah.
dj-freestyle 6:56 PM - 1 November, 2012
Im at work and only have my phone to use. ill try
haze324 8:08 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
i've searched youtube for demos on the ddj-sx and no one has uploaded a video yet of this thing in action :|. i had hoped that by now videos would start showing up ahah.

TRUTH!!!
djjoefresh 8:12 PM - 1 November, 2012
The software just came out today. Now that DJs can actually use the controller I'm sure our YouTube searches for "DDJ-SX demo" will have more results. :)
Dj Wunder 8:48 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
waiting

lol YES sir RIGHT AWAY sir!

Quote:

It's overwhelming man, I mean really overwhelming. Every time I touched the thing I went down a rabbit hole of discovery. Any video I put out at this point would be a convoluted mess
Just Mike 9:19 PM - 1 November, 2012
Just found this video on youtube.

Watchwww.youtube.com
acemc 9:45 PM - 1 November, 2012
Nice one! Im surprised no-one is really making a fuss over the jogs. It's like probably the first thing I'd be raving (or crying) about if I just got one. Someone please comment on the jog response & feel. Does it beat the NS6 jog?
BRhynO 10:09 PM - 1 November, 2012
acemc

check this video and check his comments about the jogs

www.youtube.com
Dominic Carterâ„¢ 10:19 PM - 1 November, 2012
I should upload a quick video of me doing some basic cuttin & scratchin on the thing. After adjusting the touch sensor level its not bad. Also the jog wheels are literally at the perfect tension by default/out of the box.
dj-freestyle 10:23 PM - 1 November, 2012
Ya they are pretty dam close to ns6 just have to do some adjusting and they take a little while to swtich from ns6. its a learning curve
irieproductions 10:33 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

another video not showing much lol. I'd just like to see someone playing a track and using the FX, using the slicer, some basic scratching...
Felonyruckus 10:50 PM - 1 November, 2012
I walked in to my local Guitar Center at opening and the guy was like "we don't have any"

I told him they had 2 in the back. He check and said "DAMN! How did you know"

"I do my homework"

I gave him my coupon and I was outta there!!!

great build quality and the sound is nice...warmer than the NS6

Jog wheels are fine, very similar to the NS6.

Effects are so much better than Itch

pitch bending with the jog wheel is irritating because i tend to brush the left deck pitch control...i just got to get use to it
dj-freestyle 10:52 PM - 1 November, 2012
Ya i like having pitch bend buttons. taking awhile to get used to
Just Mike 10:53 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

another video not showing much lol. I'd just like to see someone playing a track and using the FX, using the slicer, some basic scratching...

+1
irieproductions 1:10 AM - 2 November, 2012
Here is a very good overview of the FX that Konix put together:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Chris Beckler 1:48 AM - 2 November, 2012
Nice video on the effects, but seems the Flanger is still missing the real Pioneer sound. Pretty strange when Serato DJ was a colaboration with Pioneer. Or was it a bad example?
I like to use the effect on breaks or for lets say 10seconds going up and down (sine)

(Me still hugs his EFX-500 :) )
Dominic Carterâ„¢ 4:32 AM - 2 November, 2012
Just a super quick video. I just opened the thing and rushed to set it up and started cuttin.

youtu.be
trippyeinstein 6:30 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Just a super quick video. I just opened the thing and rushed to set it up and started cuttin.

youtu.be

wow! i didnt know that ddj sx can do that .... where can i go to learn how to scratch? were you using sound effects? which buttons did you enable?
Chris Beckler 11:58 AM - 2 November, 2012
Mmm, can the effects ONLY be sellected with the mouse? I cannot see any dedicated FX sellection knob.
Millz 12:12 PM - 2 November, 2012
Im not a fan of the jog wheels. My thoughts about the SX after testing it a few weeks ago....

1. The platters/jogs are too loose. I have no idea why Pioneer didnt put a jog adjust on them. Yes they are a few inches smaller, but you can still be technical with them.

2. Pitch bending on an already super loose jog/platter = Pain in the ass, but doable.

3. Because the jog/platters are loose, sometimes when you scratch and release, the platter is still moving, thus causing a "lag" so to speak.

4. Loop within a loop. This is something Ive been asking Serato about for ages. This is not just in Serato DJ, but across all 3 platforms (SSL, Serato Intro and Serato DJ). So lets say you have a green loop saved in "A". Once you use the dicer or slicer, that loop is overwritten. Even if you have it saved in another slot, as soon as you use the dicer/slicer, that loop disengages. An example of why this "feature" would be important. Lets say you have a loop of an acapella saying "put your hands up". So you have the loop engaged, its playing and looping "put your hands up". Of course you want to mess with that and slice and sample that, but as soon as you do, the loop disengages, and you find yourself having to press the reloop to gain the original loop again. This has been a pain in my ass since Notvation Dicers have came out. Hopefully they can offer a fix or feature that will enable users to have a "loop inside a loop without disengage".

Everything else about this controller is spot on and super dope. But, because of the jog issues, I will not purchase this controller.

I will patiently wait until the next gen controller comes out with better platter/jog adjust options.
VxJasonxV 12:15 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
4. Loop within a loop. This is something Ive been asking Serato about for ages. This is not just in Serato DJ, but across all 3 platforms (SSL, Serato Intro and Serato DJ). So lets say you have a green loop saved in "A". Once you use the dicer or slicer, that loop is overwritten. Even if you have it saved in another slot, as soon as you use the dicer/slicer, that loop disengages. An example of why this "feature" would be important. Lets say you have a loop of an acapella saying "put your hands up". So you have the loop engaged, its playing and looping "put your hands up". Of course you want to mess with that and slice and sample that, but as soon as you do, the loop disengages, and you find yourself having to press the reloop to gain the original loop again. This has been a pain in my ass since Notvation Dicers have came out. Hopefully they can offer a fix or feature that will enable users to have a "loop inside a loop without disengage".

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to use SP-6, or the 3rd / 4th deck. Also, pressing the Slicer mode button a second time (at least on my TWITCH), locks the Slicer into the current Slicer loop, and won't advance. The waveform shading turns Red when it advances measures, Green when it loops in place.

When in Slicer normal/red, holding a pad as it crosses the loop line will repeat the current loop, if nothing is being pressed it advances.

When in Slicer green, it loops endlessly.
VxJasonxV 12:16 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Mmm, can the effects ONLY be sellected with the mouse? I cannot see any dedicated FX sellection knob.

pioneerdj.com

Far top left and far top right.
Millz 12:19 PM - 2 November, 2012
I have never used the Twitch controller. Maybe Ill check out the slicer options once one of my friends gets this controller to do some testing. Im basing my finding on how the Dicers were set up in SSL, and took that into consideration when messing around with the SX. I do know the method I was trying the loops were not sticking.
VxJasonxV 12:32 PM - 2 November, 2012
If the SX's Slicer is anything like the TWITCH; Press Slicer once to enable, a second time to Slicer Loop in place.
Funkytownstopsix 12:50 PM - 2 November, 2012
:( mine wont get here til Monday. I can wait to see how video works with this thing... Anybody doing video do a VIDEO to see how VIDEO is working with this....... :)
VxJasonxV 12:54 PM - 2 November, 2012
Translation:

Requesting a video of Serato Video under Serato DJ.
Millz 12:54 PM - 2 November, 2012
Yea its Serato Video. Theres a video tab you click and it opens. Same as Serato Video for SSL.
Chris Beckler 1:03 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

pioneerdj.com

Far top left and far top right.

There is nothing there, even looked in the manual already, so am I blind?
Millz 1:05 PM - 2 November, 2012
its the 4th button on the top right of each player
Millz 1:05 PM - 2 November, 2012
err knob
Chris Beckler 1:24 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
its the 4th button on the top right of each player

Nope, the 4th is only Beats setting.
VxJasonxV 1:29 PM - 2 November, 2012
From the manual: i.imgur.com
VxJasonxV 1:32 PM - 2 November, 2012
Or a better one with more context: i.imgur.com
Chris Beckler 1:36 PM - 2 November, 2012
Ok, BUT Effect Type is in my opinion, for example with Flanger the waveform. So the Effect is Flanger but the effect-type is "Sine", "Parabole" and so on... That is still not the FX Selection. or am I wrong?
VxJasonxV 1:38 PM - 2 November, 2012
Ohh, ok. I see what you mean. The only free spinning knob is the beats knob, the other three have a finite range.

Yeah, that's interesting. I don't have the controller yet so I have to defer to someone else. But I'm interested in the answer now too.
Funkytownstopsix 2:11 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Translation:

Requesting a video of Serato Video under Serato DJ.

Wow Really,,,,, : ) A translation. I want my shit so I don't have to ask....

Anyone that has the controller that does video post a video of you doing it using new contorller and please comment on any kind of lag or lack there off. I wonder since we can you use four players is there a way we can use four vidoes at the same time ... NOW that would be cool.

Still fudgin sad that I didn't pay for next day either way I saved $200 Buying it from Guitar Center by the way if you plan on getting that discount be advised that it is over NOV 5th the $200 off that is. Also are there any other hard case options other than odyssey?
Millz 2:14 PM - 2 November, 2012
Sorry, to be more in depth, Serato Video at its current version in SSL is exactly the same in Serato DJ, with the new additions that were released over the past few months including delay compensation, and some other key bug fixes. :)
Funkytownstopsix 2:22 PM - 2 November, 2012
SUP JACK MILLZ THE BIG DOG.... say can mixemergency work with this system without hacks,,,,, if there any hacks.
irieproductions 2:54 PM - 2 November, 2012
Millz

I think your issue with the Jogs is present across most of the controllers out there, i think the only ones that have tension adjust are the VCI's from Vestax, other than that you pretty much have to deal with it. Im sure you are used to vinyl so the crossover to jogs is not easy but after playing with it for a while you start to control it.

I had an NS6 and i hated that lag when releasing the jog as well but its consistent behavior with static jog wheels.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:04 PM - 2 November, 2012
Well ALL PIONEER CDJ and controllers have a jog tention inside the unit. you undo a screw turn the knob them put the screw back in. So maybe it has this in This new controller??? But who is willing to take it apart to find out???
Millz 3:08 PM - 2 November, 2012
I switched from vinyl to cd back in the late 90s, and never looked back. Then in 2005 switched to Serato w control vinyl and HID mode with cdj2000s in 2009/early 2010. There is no lag with the cdj 2000s in either timecode or HID mode. There is no lag with the vestax 380 either. I def noticed this issue with the SX. Ive been patiently waiting for a controller to replace my 2000s rig for mobile events for years, so I can wait longer until the proper controller has been released.
Chris Beckler 3:09 PM - 2 November, 2012
It is the frirst thing i'm going to check when I have it. When I had my DDJ-S1, first thing I did was open it up and change the tenstion settings :)
Millz 3:11 PM - 2 November, 2012
Its super loose, Chris please report back if you are able to tighten those bad boys up!
dj-freestyle 3:17 PM - 2 November, 2012
No lag on my ddj-sx.
Millz 3:21 PM - 2 November, 2012
its not a lag so to speak, the problem is, and a few other djs were there with me is when you cut and let go of the platter to catch a beat, the jog wheel is so loose it still spins (movement) because there is no torque to slow it down and its that movement that causes it to slip so to speak.
dj-freestyle 3:23 PM - 2 November, 2012
I had some of that bu tafter adjsuting the sensors it was perfect.
dj-freestyle 3:23 PM - 2 November, 2012
The firmware update helped to that came out yesterday
Funkytownstopsix 3:24 PM - 2 November, 2012
www.pioneerelectronics.com
Helpful in a way.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:24 PM - 2 November, 2012
strange as i thourght the jog was abit stiff. But i think i know what your are saying and i get the same with my vci-380 sometimes. Think you need to play about with the sensitivity controlls.
dj-freestyle 3:25 PM - 2 November, 2012
Ya i spent a little while adjusting and got them perfect.
Millz 3:29 PM - 2 November, 2012
I was on an alpha machine as well...maybe they took in consideration what we were saying and adjusted them tighter....
acemc 3:43 PM - 2 November, 2012
I get that same "let go spin/slip" with my NS6 - It drives me crazy!!!
I agree, it's all about the tension.
Dj Nyce 4:38 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
SUP JACK MILLZ THE BIG DOG.... say can mixemergency work with this system without hacks,,,,, if there any hacks.

it does work with a hack. the hack is pretty straight forward.
VJ Justin Allen 4:41 PM - 2 November, 2012
I seriously wonder how they are going to plug that hole. Encryption is my guess.
Funkytownstopsix 4:42 PM - 2 November, 2012
Thanks Nyce, your always on top of stuff....
Dj Nyce 5:09 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Thanks Nyce, your always on top of stuff....

thank Keith Jackson and Lofty. those guys are like some north korean 8 yr old hackers.
djnanosaenz1 5:12 PM - 2 November, 2012
Anyone no how to AUTO PLAY on the SX????
Funkytownstopsix 7:32 PM - 2 November, 2012
pioneerdj.com in case you are having a few issues
dj-freestyle 7:41 PM - 2 November, 2012
i was just gonna type here is autoplay?
Funkytownstopsix 7:49 PM - 2 November, 2012
hell I don't know where autoplay is where is it?
dj-freestyle 7:50 PM - 2 November, 2012
It better be there.
DJRobKraze 9:29 PM - 2 November, 2012
Does anybody know if the SX fits on a crane stand pro?
If so, is it stable due to the size?
dj soops 9:06 PM - 3 November, 2012
Any UK djs on here?? Pioneer has truly left us out in the cold with first shipments in mid November..bye bye Serato video. All that BPM hype and we cant even buy the thing on launch, its a joke.
Chris Beckler 10:18 PM - 3 November, 2012
In Belgium only 6 were delivered. And at least 1 store uses it as demo. another video license gone. I know another store will use 1 for demo on their next arrival. ashame.
SAID5 10:28 PM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
In Belgium only 6 were delivered. And at least 1 store uses it as demo. another video license gone. I know another store will use 1 for demo on their next arrival. ashame.

Quote:
Any UK djs on here?? Pioneer has truly left us out in the cold with first shipments in mid November..bye bye Serato video. All that BPM hype and we cant even buy the thing on launch, its a joke.

same thing in eastern europe.

this is not fair by Serato and Pioneer, because Europe is big Serato and Pioneer market, and We have to wait. Things even get worse with SERATO VIDEO free code.
gullum 10:35 PM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:

same thing in eastern europe.

this is not fair by Serato and Pioneer, because Europe is big Serato and Pioneer market, and We have to wait. Things even get worse with SERATO VIDEO free code.

Not so sure about Europe being a big Serato marked I don't know anyone that uses Serato. Everyone is using VDJ, Traktor or Pioneer CDJ's I'm going to be the first to have a Serato controler.
But yes it sucks that delivery for europe is so smal. I got mine frome thomann.de and it was shiped yesterday.
nik39 10:54 PM - 3 November, 2012
Gullum... Which country are you from? Netherlands?
leonteegan 3:11 AM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:

I ordered mine from Decks in the U.K on the 3rd Oct & pretty much the minute it went live for pre-order & they have told me I will "Probably" receive mine on Monday but the UK has a very very limited supply
SAID5 9:36 AM - 4 November, 2012
All dubstep and dnb DJS are on cdjs or serato here :)
Funkytownstopsix 8:34 PM - 5 November, 2012
I got my SX today,,,,,, I am having issues with pitch control.... www.instructables.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:01 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
I got my SX today,,,,,, I am having issues with pitch control.... www.instructables.com

Ha!
gullum 9:25 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
Gullum... Which country are you from? Netherlands?

No Faroe Islands smal Island not of England
gullum 9:27 PM - 5 November, 2012
need an edit button :D Small Islands north of England
DiRTSNaP 9:27 PM - 5 November, 2012
Gullum, is the goalkeeper of your national football team also a village baker?
gullum 9:37 PM - 5 November, 2012
No not the one that is now. He is one the reserve team of Mansester City but we have had bakers, Fisherman and our priminester was also a goalkeeper on the national team :D seams like everyone here is a socker(Footbal) Player.
DiRTSNaP 9:46 PM - 5 November, 2012
I hope you didn't take that the wrong way =)
I grew up in France and remember watching France vs Faroe Islands a couple times.
Very different from your typical international football/soccer game.
gullum 9:53 PM - 5 November, 2012
hehe we gave you a scare the one time you only won 1-0 in 2009. But I've never been a big fan unless I can sit infront ot the TV watching.
Dj Wunder 6:55 AM - 6 November, 2012
Here's the video I never had time to make: serato.com

Thanks nik39
Funkytownstopsix 1:43 PM - 6 November, 2012
Well I got my DDJ SX last night, this is my first controller so I must say I don't like it as of yet. Dealing with a TTM-57 and MK 's there is a huge diffrence in the learning curve and how things have to be done. Like with anything new you have to get use to it. I remember going from 1210's to CD J 1000's it was a major diffrence but after playing with them for a while it was all good. Same will be with these.

ONE BIG THING TO ME so far is there is no AUTO PLAY. When I do weddings I would like to take the DDJ SX but without auto play I can't and will not as that makes me have to work rather than mess around on the net and what not. I know some of you will say you can unplug it and use the off line player but I do video at all my events so I think not. Platters are ok I have not done any software mods to make them better as of yet but I will have to. I really don't like the feel of them as they are very sensitve and not so senstive :) DJ's with big hands like myself will struggle a little scracthing at first not that I am all of that but the little I can do is like starting over on these platters.

FYI I wanted to do this on my Mac but since the OSX is 10.5.8 it will not work at all with any of this so I have to upgrade not big deal on mac except they don't let you download the upgrade OSX's online you have to order it and receive it via mail. So I will wait for 5 days to receive the OSX then I can really test this thing out. Until then I am doing this on the PC didn't get a chance to run video last night but will do so today if wife will leave me alone. Also I updated the firmware via pc as I could not do that via mac either.
elsupermang 4:49 PM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:
Well I got my DDJ SX last night, this is my first controller so I must say I don't like it as of yet. Dealing with a TTM-57 and MK 's there is a huge diffrence in the learning curve and how things have to be done. Like with anything new you have to get use to it. I remember going from 1210's to CD J 1000's it was a major diffrence but after playing with them for a while it was all good. Same will be with these.

ONE BIG THING TO ME so far is there is no AUTO PLAY. When I do weddings I would like to take the DDJ SX but without auto play I can't and will not as that makes me have to work rather than mess around on the net and what not. I know some of you will say you can unplug it and use the off line player but I do video at all my events so I think not. Platters are ok I have not done any software mods to make them better as of yet but I will have to. I really don't like the feel of them as they are very sensitve and not so senstive :) DJ's with big hands like myself will struggle a little scracthing at first not that I am all of that but the little I can do is like starting over on these platters.

FYI I wanted to do this on my Mac but since the OSX is 10.5.8 it will not work at all with any of this so I have to upgrade not big deal on mac except they don't let you download the upgrade OSX's online you have to order it and receive it via mail. So I will wait for 5 days to receive the OSX then I can really test this thing out. Until then I am doing this on the PC didn't get a chance to run video last night but will do so today if wife will leave me alone. Also I updated the firmware via pc as I could not do that via mac either.

Use itunes for autoplay, with the SX as your soundcard. I don't see the big deal. Also even coming from another controller there is a learning curve so stick with it. Give it at least 2 weeks.
Funkytownstopsix 5:56 PM - 6 November, 2012
The BIG deal is that I do video the whole set is video with very few song that have no video. I am sure I will get a work around but damn just add the auto play. I don't want to have to record a two hour video set to play at weddings....
Konix 6:02 PM - 6 November, 2012
Serato already said Autoplay is coming...

Quote:

Hey guys,

Don't fret! Autoplay will be put back in - we improved and re-did a bunch of stuff and didn't get time to implement Autoplay to the level we wanted so we thought we would not rush it and provide it properly in an update.
gullum 6:05 PM - 6 November, 2012
Just a little reading and you'vd know beforehand your Mac OSX was not suported. And you bought a 1K controllers to autoplay while you surf and browse facebook.
Funkytownstopsix 6:11 PM - 6 November, 2012
LOL Come on Gullum, Really!!!!! Since I have had the Mac Book Pro I have never been the one to upgrade if it's not broke why upgrade to screw stuff up, I knew I could upgrade but thought I could online not via mail after all you can get mountian lion from the app store but not Snow. Also what I read is that it was tested on 10.6-10.8 not saying it was not supported on any below. Beside if it didnt work I could take it back and only spent time. So a little reading I did....
Funkytownstopsix 6:13 PM - 6 November, 2012
Oh yeah I only spent $800
gullum 6:38 PM - 6 November, 2012
just that bouth the Serato spec page and the DDJ SX say 10.6.8+ so Serato and Pioneer did tell you want was needed to get it to work.
Just hope you get the upgrate so you realy can test it. I havn't resived mine yet, just hope I get it before the weekend so I can play with it before my next gig.
Felonyruckus 7:50 PM - 6 November, 2012
Are your TTM57 and MKs broken?

Quote:
... Since I have had the Mac Book Pro I have never been the one to upgrade if it's not broke why upgrade to screw stuff up......

Quote:

That's an awesome price...we can get it here in the US for $800 and the Europeans get like 50 shipped for the whole continent. Did you use a coupon from GC? I was lucky and was able to, the salesperson didn't read the fine print, thank goodness!

BTW, I never worried about autoplay because I use iTunes for that but, never heard a legitimate reason why anybody would have to use it in Serato for a gig, Funkytownstopsix, you actually have a good gripe about not having it and why you need it.
Funkytownstopsix 9:14 PM - 6 November, 2012
MY 57 and MK's work just fine, but I would love to take this unit to my gigs as it is so small, and much less to plug in. Yes I used the code they had on their website. Sad thing is I went online and they only showed it a few GC's but I found out when I picked mine up that they send two to each store minium and certain stores get more than two. So really I could have had mine the first day.FUDGE.

gullum if I can't use it I will send it to you..... :)
gullum 9:27 PM - 6 November, 2012
Funkytownstopsix thanks :D then I'll have 2 when your one gets to me :P and I can wait for auto play and do 2 gigs at the same time :P
Felonyruckus 11:09 PM - 6 November, 2012
yeah the GC by my house had 2 the week before but he wasn't allowed to even take money down on them because they weren't officially there. So i went at opening on the November 1st and bought 1 of the 2 they had. I agree it is a more compact unit to do gigs with, I know it's bigger than the NS6 but I prefer it over the NS6. I own an SL1 with TT and mixer and it was tough lugging those around...at least I didn't have to bring any of my crates of records, that sucked even more.

Technology is spoiling us, I got the NS7 because it was compact...hahahaha now it's a beast to carry around too. I got the NS6 to be even more compact and then considered getting the VCi-380 but, it didn't "move" me. The Pioneer in my opinion is perfect for what I do.

Funkytownstopsix, I'm glad you were able to use your coupon...i know of some places being really anal about not letting people use it on the DDJ-SX. I'm lucky to have been able to buy it and I've played around with it probably 12 hours total and it's been good to me.
Proggieus 12:17 AM - 7 November, 2012
Quote:
yeah the GC by my house had 2 the week before but he wasn't allowed to even take money down on them because they weren't officially there.

thats funny, I had money down on a SX for almost a month at GC. they take it in as a store credit and they enter the model number into a field on the receipt, then the night before the launch they called me to tell me that it was in and they were applying the credit and moving to layaway.

When i went to get it on launch day i handed over my $200.00 coupon and they credited me the difference.

Get to know your guys over there. The good ones can be really helpful
VJ Justin Allen 1:13 AM - 7 November, 2012
I got hosed. had 2 ordered at other vendors and they both stated that Pioneer never shipped any to them (I believe them). Both of these vendors are well known and been in business for awhile. I tried to pick one up at GC but was first told they had none, then when I called back the next day was told that just sold their last one 30 minutes ago. After talking to the manager it seems that one guy was holding some for his friends and got caught.

Have one on order...next week they say. I did end up getting the discount however.
DJ RR 2:21 AM - 7 November, 2012
Quote:

Is that out-the-door OR not including tax?
Dj Nyce 2:22 AM - 7 November, 2012
why do you guys justify the fact that autoplay is not included as a feature in dj? any dj software in 2012 should have a baseline of features and autoplay is one of them. whether you use it or not, serato dropped the ball and your justification of it is quite scary.

i understand that it will be added in a future update, but serato still needs to understand that missteps like this are unacceptable.
diezdiaz 2:59 AM - 7 November, 2012
Cool, understandable but we don't care.
I'm not going to get posed off over something I don't care about, just kinda one of those existential things I guess
djjoefresh 5:04 AM - 7 November, 2012
Should Serato DJ have autoplay? Yes.
Will it have it in a future update? Yes. (confirmed by Serato, and by the sound of it, it will be better than Scratch Live's autoplay)
Is it a deal breaker? Not for me. I can deal without it until it's reimplemented.
DJ Unique 7:06 AM - 7 November, 2012
Quote:
why do you guys justify the fact that autoplay is not included as a feature in dj? any dj software in 2012 should have a baseline of features and autoplay is one of them. whether you use it or not, serato dropped the ball and your justification of it is quite scary.

i understand that it will be added in a future update, but serato still needs to understand that missteps like this are unacceptable.

Auto play is a must have feature for an all-in-one controller especially since most people using these will be Wedding DJ's.
VJ Justin Allen 11:26 AM - 7 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Is that out-the-door OR not including tax?

Not including tax.
Chris Beckler 3:39 PM - 7 November, 2012
lol, this is just hilarious, ddj-sx mostly for wedding djs. seriously? I understand a wedding dj needs a slicer, loops, rolls, advanced fx, 4 decks, just for autoplay. winamp.com, great free autoplay software with tons of plugins. enjoy!

...unacceptable... please be serious...
dj-freestyle 3:51 PM - 7 November, 2012
If you have a gc pro you can get it for about $750.00 plus tax.
Funkytownstopsix 5:22 PM - 7 November, 2012
: ) Chris nobody said it was just for weddings.... I said I want to use it as it was compact to use at weddings and in order to do that I need it to have auto play. SHIT when I did clubs I would let the music auto play until a crowd came in....If you ever done a wedding you would know it is a must have.

Typically I sit behind my facade for about 2 hours while the music plays and I fine tune things and surf the web. So I get paid to have my equipment do 2 hours of work. Simply put it should have been on there from the start how do you go in reverse if anything it should have been more auto play features not just take it off. The DDJ SX is a cool tool that can be used at any venue you choose and I repeat YOU choose. Everyone buys things for their reasons no yours.

Played with it a little more last night one more thing they need to add is the ability to drag a track that's already playing to any of the other players. For Acappella mixers like myself this 4 player thing is out of control. The more I play with it the more I like it and it can do a lot of stuff.... I will go and ahead and say that this controller is BEAST.......

I am in Texas so I had to pay tax but understand this I paid less taxes on 800 vs 1000.