Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITCH WORKING WITH MIX EMERGENCY

keith jackson 4:22 AM - 23 October, 2012
Ive Often Wondered Could I Use Itch With Mix Emergency? Well With A little Extra Time on My hand and A knack For Learning, I can Say Yes you can use ITCH With MIX EMERGENCY. It Took awhile to Figure how to do this and Really it was By Pure Accident I figured This Out. I use Scratchlive And mixemergency I also Use Serato Video But Ive grown Very fond Of Mixemergency So I thought there's got to be a Way. Well There is and Here is a Vid to Show It can Be Modded To do So with out running scratchlive in the Back ground.

Watchvimeo.com
Maskrider 12:27 PM - 23 October, 2012
There is no official word yet.
Maskrider 12:31 PM - 23 October, 2012
What I'm trying to say is it should be tested and approved by Inklen.
phatbob 12:32 PM - 23 October, 2012
Looks to me like Keith has cleverly hacked a little workaround. This won't be supported by Serato or Inklen, I'm sure. But I want it!
DJRemixEnt 12:34 PM - 23 October, 2012
yeah buddy!!!
DJRemixEnt 12:36 PM - 23 October, 2012
tracking
Maskrider 12:51 PM - 23 October, 2012
If He figured it out.....I bet they know about it too (Inklen and Serato) they just keeping quiet about it.....lol

Tracking....
DJRemixEnt 12:54 PM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:
If He figured it out.....I bet they know about it too (Inklen and Serato) they just keeping quiet about it.....lol

Tracking....

no doubt about it...hmmmm... this is gonna be interesting...
DJRemixEnt 12:55 PM - 23 October, 2012
Ragman 1:28 PM - 23 October, 2012
Hahaha gotta love us DJs. "Where there's a will there's a way". Thanks keith jackson. Look forward to the next video.
Hitman303 2:58 PM - 23 October, 2012
very nice!
SeriousCyrus 3:32 PM - 23 October, 2012
Very interested to know how that's done

I tried to get itch working with ME, almost had it working but was not a nice solution and very unstable, this looks much better.
DJ Kos 4:30 PM - 23 October, 2012
This is very interesting. Might have to look into this.
keith jackson 4:46 PM - 23 October, 2012
Hey Everyone I'm Gonna do a New Video In a couple Of Hours With The How To Mod. I need Some help As Far as Making this Mod Accessible To Everyone. I'm curious to see How it works On all hardware for ITCH Controllers. It's confirmed to work on Vestax, NS7 and NS6. I'm confident it will work on All controllers. This is Not for Sell Just want to Share This With My Fellow DJ's. It's 12:45 my time I'll post Around 3:30 today.
keith jackson 4:48 PM - 23 October, 2012
BTW it's only Been Mod For Mac, only because Mix Emergency Doesnt Run on Windows.
DJRemixEnt 4:48 PM - 23 October, 2012
Sounds good brotha... Lookin forward to it.... I'm interested to see what nick has to say.
keith jackson 4:54 PM - 23 October, 2012
I'm Sure Serato and ME knew this could be done but maybe it's a License Agreement or something like that. To know it can be done Leaves the qeustion Open is to will it be Done and why Hasn't it? ITCH can clearly Run (ME) As if it was Scratchlive so I wonder why not Make it available? They would sell More ITCH controllers and Inklen Would sell more Video Plugins?
DJRemixEnt 5:04 PM - 23 October, 2012
Yeah I'm not sure what gets discussed behind closed doors when it comes to the technicalities... But I'm a Vci 300 owner, and I'd prefer to use ME with itch. The video quality coming from Serato video is horrible...even on the best setting... ME is just crystal clear and brighter....plus there's a shitload more efx and bells n whistles.
keith jackson 5:11 PM - 23 October, 2012
I Agree DJRemixEnt, I very much So love ME and The Quality is Awesome, Serato's New Video Plugin is Getting better And most ITCH users are Happy with it. But I Know there where a Few ITCH users who felt like damn Would be nice to have another option. So I'll Share this and Hopefully Both Serato And Inklen Will see people want this.
radikarl 5:19 PM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:

Software downloaded from Serato websites cannot, under any circumstances, be redistributed or made available for download on any other website, server or file sharing mechanism.
(serato.com)
DJRemixEnt 5:23 PM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Software downloaded from Serato websites cannot, under any circumstances, be redistributed or made available for download on any other website, server or file sharing mechanism.
(serato.com)

What's that got to do with discovering a work around?
keith jackson 5:24 PM - 23 October, 2012
Now isn't that interesting. Ok I better Idea I won't Share The File I'll make A video on how to Mod.
DJRemixEnt 5:44 PM - 23 October, 2012
So u actually had to modify the itch program itself........ok, I thought u were talking about modding something in the _serato_ folder.... That Explains the above post...I got it now...lol
lofty 10:10 PM - 23 October, 2012
WOOT - figured it out ! - it's actually REALLY easy.

thanks Keith!!!

now to midi map DDJ - S1 :D

I'll report back soon
lofty 11:15 PM - 23 October, 2012
and almost an hour later -
S1 can midi map when Itch isn't running but loses signal when itch is running
I know when I had my VCI I could "steal" the midi signal with mini translator but I don't have it anymore - tech tools doesn't have the DL link anymore - gotta find it elsewhere

BUT ...
Pulled out Trigger Finger and can map midi in Mix emergency fine - :D

I'll probably use a second controller so I can map effects and transitions
pdidy 1:08 AM - 24 October, 2012
As great as this is, there seems to be a lingering issue......Serato may very well lock this backdoor in the serato dj software. I have yet to look into the mod but i would assume it could have worked in serato dj too.....Just thinking out loud.
keith jackson 1:15 AM - 24 October, 2012
Here is A new vid Of Actual Function Of ITCH and ME and How it opens, Cant Post the Mod File I Read could be trouble, But Ill Put up A Vid On How to Do This.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Manny C dot com 2:07 AM - 24 October, 2012
<upvote>
irieproductions 3:07 AM - 24 October, 2012
holly shit this seems legit as far as i can tell, you sir have opened the pandora's box lmfao. Should've waited until Serato DJ was released, now they might shut the door on Serato DJ (pretty sure your mod would apply to Serato DJ its not like they reinvented the wheel).
phatbob 3:08 AM - 24 October, 2012
Can someone who's worked it out please just post instructions?

I figured out how to change the display name in the menu bar but ME still doesn't see it...
DJRemixEnt 3:29 AM - 24 October, 2012
Keith Jackson.... u r the fuckin man!!!!
phatbob 3:31 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Keith Jackson.... u r the fuckin man!!!!

+100000
keith jackson 3:46 AM - 24 October, 2012
DJREMIXENT Also did his own Hack, Looks Like the cats out the bag.
lofty 3:53 AM - 24 October, 2012
really easy (I'm assuming you are on a Mac)
I should let Keith explain but .......

in finder you want to "show package contents" of Scratch Live
then open "MAC OS" folder

do the same with itch

- I than re - named the itch file (in Mac OS folder to - Scratch LIVE)
replace new renamed file to Scratch live.- package Mac OS folder

now when you open Scratch Live - it actually opens Itch :D
open Mix emergency and you should see the green scratch live light.
keith jackson 4:05 AM - 24 October, 2012
Your Hack Is Almost like Mine But Mine Is All I did was replace The Info Playlist with Scratchlive Info Playlist And it works. Theres several other ways but this seems more stable then most I tested
keith jackson 4:09 AM - 24 October, 2012
Ill post a vid for those who Don't understand
keith jackson 4:10 AM - 24 October, 2012
Ill post a vid for those who Don't understand But Anyway you Find Plz Post for others
pdidy 5:31 AM - 24 October, 2012
Petition for Serato dj leaving the Backdoor open for Mix Emergency .

Im 1st bitches........lol
keith jackson 5:49 AM - 24 October, 2012
I got a good Feeling its to late for them to rewrite the code now in this first release but im sure thell lock there software tight after they see Dj's are getting Smarter, maybe thell give me a job :)
DJRemixEnt 5:51 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
I got a good Feeling its to late for them to rewrite the code now in this first release but im sure thell lock there software tight after they see Dj's are getting Smarter, maybe thell give me a job :)

haha... ur like the guy who hacks into the fbi mainframe... gets caught... then they offer you a job... lol
keith jackson 5:55 AM - 24 October, 2012
HEY DjRemixEnt Maybe we can start Looking into Modding other Serto Software lol
DJRemixEnt 5:57 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
HEY DjRemixEnt Maybe we can start Looking into Modding other Serto Software lol

haha... all the props goes to you big dawg... your like the messiah of video mixing right now...lmao
pdidy 5:58 AM - 24 October, 2012
Both teams knew this could easily be done......they just chose not to tell us is all.....
DJRemixEnt 5:59 AM - 24 October, 2012
im still interested in hearing what serato and inklen have to say about the whole thing... but i guarantee serato is gonna tighten that shit up in the next release...

hell, this is gonna spread like wild fire... and i guarantee you'll have made inklen a few more sales....
pdidy 6:01 AM - 24 October, 2012
Now you just need to think of a name for the mod with your name in it
DJRemixEnt 6:05 AM - 24 October, 2012
i sold my v7's and bought a vci 300 just to use for bars and smaller gigs... and ive been messing around with serato video... and the picture quality just sucks balls compared to ME. (and thats with SV on the best setting)... i see serato making strides to get to the level ME is at...(well more like baby steps....just keepin it real...lol), but they just arent there yet. so im glad to be able to use ME with itch now... even if its bootlegged...lol
DJRemixEnt 6:06 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:

haha there ya go
keith jackson 6:12 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:

Maybe (ITCH RELIEF MOD)??? LOL
DJRemixEnt 6:14 AM - 24 October, 2012
www.drugsupplystore.com

the vagisil mod... lmao
keith jackson 6:17 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
www.drugsupplystore.com

the vagisil mod... lmao

HAAAAAAA!!!!! LMAO
keith jackson 7:02 AM - 24 October, 2012
Just got a Private message that DJ INTRO can use this same Mod? WOW
DJRemixEnt 7:07 AM - 24 October, 2012
yeah brutha... ur def goin down in serato history.... the official K Dogg hack... lol
SeriousCyrus 7:22 AM - 24 October, 2012
Really simple, great hack! You should post in the video forums too.
Manny C dot com 7:23 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
All I did was replace The Info Playlist with Scratchlive Info Playlist

Just an FYI:

The "P" in "plist" stands for preference, not play. It's "Preference List" not "playlist".
Manny C dot com 7:26 AM - 24 October, 2012
I'm sorry, STRIKE THAT...

It's actually "PROPERTY LIST".

(Sorry, it's been a while since I needed to recall that information. -My processor (brain) is running slow at this time of night)
keith jackson 7:27 AM - 24 October, 2012
Just confirmed This Mod Does work with DJ Intro, That Right Mix Emergency works Also with DJ Intro. WOW My Stupid Mistake Works?
pdidy 7:28 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Just got a Private message that DJ INTRO can use this same Mod? WOW

are you fucking kidding me.......get the fuk out.......1.bp.blogspot.com
keith jackson 7:28 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm sorry, STRIKE THAT...

It's actually "PROPERTY LIST".

(Sorry, it's been a while since I needed to recall that information. -My processor (brain) is running slow at this time of night)

Thx Manny didn't want to Confuse People, Thanks for correcting My Fk up that's what Dj's Homies are for.
keith jackson 7:35 AM - 24 October, 2012
Ok Just got another private message Forget DJ INTRO it does not work in Dj Intro, You can Activate ME and it see's DJ Intro as Scratchlive but the videos will Not Play Sorry DJ Intro Users :(
pdidy 7:39 AM - 24 October, 2012
keith jackson ...... member since 3:57 PM - 6 February, 2007

has anybody even heard of this dude until today ?.....WTF

itch runs MIX EMERGENCY......LOL

DUDE BE VERY CAREFUL STARTING YOUR CAR......i hear serato got people.
keith jackson 7:59 AM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:

LMAO damn Now I gotta Take the Bus!!!
keith jackson 8:30 AM - 24 October, 2012
OK Here is what you Do

you want to Go to ITCH APP Push Control Or right Click And you will see "show package contents" do the same with SCRATCHLIVE APP, All I did was replace The "PROPERTY LIST" File in ITCH with the One from Scratchlive "PROPERTY LIST" And it works. There's several other ways but this seems more stable then most I tested. Here is a video to show you how to run it Once its done. ENJOY

Watchwww.youtube.com
irieproductions 1:07 PM - 24 October, 2012
downloaded with keepvid.com i get the feeling this vid is going down in the future who knows. I pray to all the DJ gods that Serato DJ allows this hack, please please please!
DJRemixEnt 1:10 PM - 24 October, 2012
Hey guys i made a quick tutorial of how to make everything work...

www.dropbox.com

All credit goes to Mr. Keith Jackson... thanx again
DJRemixEnt 1:30 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Hey guys i made a quick tutorial of how to make everything work...

www.dropbox.com

All credit goes to Mr. Keith Jackson... thanx again

i guess this mod is technically illegal... so no mod instructional video

Copying and Disposal of Software: You must not copy, alter, modify, reproduce, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or reverse compile the Software or any part of it or any related materials, or permit any other person to do so, except that you may make one copy of the Software for genuine back-up purposes.

^^^ straight from the install License Agreement
Dj Nyce 2:10 PM - 24 October, 2012
Dope
SeriousCyrus 2:20 PM - 24 October, 2012
Soooo, who can figure out how ME actually grabs the Serato Video info to drive itself.... Would love to use that.
lofty 2:41 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Your Hack Is Almost like Mine But Mine Is All I did was replace The Info Playlist with Scratchlive Info Playlist And it works. Theres several other ways but this seems more stable then most I tested

with this you need to open ITCH from within "show package contents"
and the terminal window stays open - if I close it Itch will close.

by replacing the Scratch LIVE file with Itch (renamed to scratch live) you can open Scratch live - but it actually opens Itch and you can use mix emergency fine.

---------------

Perhaps if the ME folks see how easy it to work with ITCH, they could release an update to allow ITCh to use ME without a hack - seeing as Scratch LIVE never "officially" supported ME, why wouldn't they?

----------------

Also in playing with ME and ITCh - any audio file linked with a video that I did in serato video is still linked in ME - kind of cool .
irieproductions 2:54 PM - 24 October, 2012
i wonder if this will work with Serato DJ, ITCH and Scratch live are almost like twin brothers but who knows if this hack will work with this new member of the family.
keith jackson 3:32 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

with this you need to open ITCH from within "show package contents"
and the terminal window stays open - if I close it Itch will close.

by replacing the Scratch LIVE file with Itch
(renamed to scratch live) you can open Scratch live - but it actually opens Itch and you can use mix emergency fine.

---------------

Perhaps if the ME folks see how easy it to work with ITCH, they could release an update to allow ITCh to use ME without a hack - seeing as Scratch LIVE never "officially" supported ME, why wouldn't they?

----------------

Also in playing with ME and ITCh - any audio file linked with a video that I did in serato video is still linked in ME - kind of cool .

I'm Going to Indorse Lofty's Mod As a better Mod. His Way is cleaner and no Terminal Has to be used Thx Lofty. Plz Follow Lofty's Mod it's really The easiest and best way
keith jackson 3:46 PM - 24 October, 2012
Sorry There is a much better way to do this Mod Thx the Lofty

you need to go to SCRATCHLIVE App, Then right click or push control, from within "show package contents" Go to MAC OS folder Then by replacing the Scratch LIVE file with Itch File
(renamed to scratch live) you can open Scratch live - but it actually opens Itch and you can use mix emergency fine.
keith jackson 3:53 PM - 24 October, 2012
The Power of Dj's When we really want something to Happen. Thx to everyone who Jumped in and Showed some interest in this Stupid Accident Of a Dj with to much time on his hands, That turned out to be Awesome.
lofty 4:05 PM - 24 October, 2012
Here's a quick vid of what I did.

Watchwww.youtube.com
keith jackson 4:08 PM - 24 October, 2012
NICE VID lofty!!!! I definitely Like this Mod
lofty 4:11 PM - 24 October, 2012
After I just renamed the modded file - so I still have my unhacked itch and SL but have the one modded for ME

So far the only issue I've found is if you are running Itch w/ ME and close ME you WILL lose control of Itch however audio will continue to play.
DJRemixEnt 4:13 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Here's a quick vid of what I did.

Watchwww.youtube.com

once youve modded the file... you can rename it to something else (example: ITCH MOD) that way you know its the correct app, because the new app will have a scratchlive icon
keith jackson 4:18 PM - 24 October, 2012
DJRemixEnt Thx Brother This Is awesome Dj's!
Cashmere 4:39 PM - 24 October, 2012
Keith Jackson ~ Thanks for sharing your Mod! This is awesome!

DJRemixEnt ~ Thanks for the walkthrough. Got everything up & running in a few minutes and it works like a charm. Now to tweak my iPad layout on Touch OSC.
DJRemixEnt 4:41 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Keith Jackson ~ Thanks for sharing your Mod! This is awesome!

DJRemixEnt ~ Thanks for the walkthrough. Got everything up & running in a few minutes and it works like a charm. Now to tweak my iPad layout on Touch OSC.

thanx goes to" lofty" for the walk thru
Cashmere 4:49 PM - 24 October, 2012
My bad...Thanks Lofty
keith jackson 5:01 PM - 24 October, 2012
Hey DJRemixEnt Are u telling me you got your touch Osc working on ITCH?
Cashmere 5:45 PM - 24 October, 2012
I have Touch OSC working for Mix Emergency on ITCH thanks to your Mod.
djBern 6:14 PM - 24 October, 2012
I need to come up with an excuse to go home early from work so I can try this out!!!!!
keith jackson 11:48 PM - 24 October, 2012
I got touch Osc Working, Wiw this is really cool, Never was a It h user but this is Ok. Maybe I'll work on a DJ FX plugin Mod :)
selkie 12:30 AM - 25 October, 2012
So this was working even BEFORE the actual serato video plugin for ITCH?

Man if I had a time machine I would be famous! lol
keith jackson 1:38 AM - 25 October, 2012
I know Right Lol
pdidy 1:41 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
So this was working even BEFORE the actual serato video plugin for ITCH?

Was there ever any intention for Itch and ME to work together ? I dont think so.....
Manny C dot com 1:55 AM - 25 October, 2012
You do realize that if you would have kept this under wraps until after Serato DJ was released, the likelihood that this method would have worked for a Serato DJ + MixEmergency combination, would have been VERY high, right?

But now that the cat's out of the bag, it'll probably get c0ck-blocked with the first release of Serato DJ.
damehype 2:40 AM - 25 October, 2012
IBTL.... LOL!!!!!
Ragman 2:50 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:

The post above here had me LMAO w/tears. KJ you da man for sure. This is probably one of the happiest moments in Serato history. ;-) A thread with no bitchin and cryin and a bunch of HAPPY fukn Itch DJs.
keith jackson 3:19 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
You do realize that if you would have kept this under wraps until after Serato DJ was released, the likelihood that this method would have worked for a Serato DJ + MixEmergency combination, would have been VERY high, right?

But now that the cat's out of the bag, it'll probably get c0ck-blocked with the first release of Serato DJ.

To be Honest I Didn't know About Serato DJ coming Out and I purely Did it to see if it could be Done. Whos to say it won't work or Even if would have ever worked. I just wanted to share so knowledge I thought DJ's Would Get a kick out of it.
DJRemixEnt 3:24 AM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Hey DJRemixEnt Are u telling me you got your touch Osc working on ITCH?

no not with itch just with ME
keith jackson 3:27 AM - 25 October, 2012
Itch works with touch OSC, All you have to do is Map Keystrokes I'm using it Right now I'll post a vid
Kepik 3:52 AM - 25 October, 2012
and here I was trying to learn Serato Video to use with my VCI-380! I can continue to concentrate my focus on ME! Love the twitter quartz and webcam feature that ME offers!
GRiNDBoX 10:19 AM - 25 October, 2012
dopeeeeeeeeeeeee
SeriousCyrus 11:44 AM - 25 October, 2012
Was playing with this last night, works excellently.

Quote:
once youve modded the file... you can rename it to something else (example: ITCH MOD) that way you know its the correct app, because the new app will have a scratchlive icon

Definetly do this, but I'd recommend first copying your scratch live app, renaming it, then do the mod in your renamed SL package. Then both original installations are untouched.
keith jackson 12:55 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Was playing with this last night, works excellently.

Quote:

Definetly do this, but I'd recommend first copying your scratch live app, renaming it, then do the mod in your renamed SL package. Then both original installations are untouched.

Very Good Point. I renamed Mine as Scratch ITCH.
SeriousCyrus 2:46 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:

OTH, ME now has a bunch of new users who are going to throw a fit if the hack is fixed, leading to a neverending flood of mails and forums posts asking for compatibility to be restored. Once you start using ME, it's hard to go back.

Unless Serato start different versions for mac and PC, I don't see how they're going to get the customisability of ME and QC in a platform independent package.
Millz 2:58 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:

This is probably one of the happiest moments in Serato history. ;-) A thread with no bitchin and cryin and a bunch of HAPPY fukn Itch DJs.

Amen to that.
lofty 3:29 PM - 25 October, 2012
remember itch 2.2.2 is the LAST itch version - so that won't lose ME on that.

as for Serato DJ - we will have to wait a week to find out if this mod can work with it
- BUT serato has already outsourced effects with iZotope - sooooo it would be nice if the ME door was open -

I'm going to the release of the DDJSX in toronto - so hopefully a pio-rep will let me see if the mod works :D
JDforKing 4:03 PM - 25 October, 2012
i've gone through all the steps numerous times and can't get it to work. I've looked at the youtube video and duplicated everything and it still won't work. I Scratch live recognizes it now itch but mix emergency is still showing a red light when i open it. What could the problem be?
DJRemixEnt 4:06 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
i've gone through all the steps numerous times and can't get it to work. I've looked at the youtube video and duplicated everything and it still won't work. I Scratch live recognizes it now itch but mix emergency is still showing a red light when i open it. What could the problem be?

did you rename the file exactly: Scratch LIVE

it's case sensitive... so you have to make sure its typed correctly
JDforKing 4:24 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

did you rename the file exactly: Scratch LIVE

it's case sensitive... so you have to make sure its typed correctly

Yes i right clicked like the video instructed and made a duplicate of the itch folder and named it Scratch LIVE. Then i replaced the one in the scratch live mac folder and nothing.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:28 PM - 25 October, 2012
What version of itch are you using and which version of ssl are you using? Also do you have serato video or video sl installed and again what versions.
lofty 4:32 PM - 25 October, 2012
JDforKING

do you have serato video installed?
I used itch 2.2.2 and SL 2.4.2

after you open the mod file - (which is technically scratch live) does Itch open but it says scratch live in top menu and when you look at your version of itch it should say 2.4.2.
lofty 4:34 PM - 25 October, 2012
did you show package contents of itch and rename the itch in macOS folder?
JDforKing 4:37 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
What version of itch are you using and which version of ssl are you using? Also do you have serato video or video sl installed and again what versions.

I have the latest versions of both itch and scratch live installed along with other versions but i've made modifications to itch 2.2.2 and scratch live 2.4.3. I do have serato video installed with a real key code i purchased. I also have a purchased version of mix emergency.
lofty 4:53 PM - 25 October, 2012
lets check a few things -

1. you renamed itch (unix file in macOS folder) to Scratch LIVE

2. you replace the Scratch Live (unix file) in scratch live/macOS folder with your renamed file)

3. open Scratch Live - the one you just modded

4 do you have a scratch live icon, scratch live in top menu, or running in activity monitor but are actually looking at itch GUI?
JDforKing 5:01 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:

2. you replace the Scratch Live (unix file) in scratch live/macOS folder with your renamed file)

4 do you have a scratch live icon, scratch live in top menu, or running in activity monitor but are actually looking at itch GUI?

1. Yes
2. Replaced it with the renamed itch duplicate labeled Scratch LIVE
3. Yes opened modded scratch live, which opens as itch 2.4.2
4. Scratch live icon yes, scratch live in top left menu corner, scratch live is shown running in activity monitor but the itch gui is shown.
lofty 5:07 PM - 25 October, 2012
try without a controller (or with if you tried without)

(perhaps a reboot of your mac)

time to work again
keith jackson 7:29 PM - 25 October, 2012
Lofty's Updated Hack version is Pretty simple To Do? Plus I think that With the Release Of Serato DJ coming There not gonna rewrite The Program just to Kill this Mod, Well not the first 1.0 of it anyway. But who's to say its gonna be Like Scratchlive and ITCH? Maybe this version of ITCH is the Last One Since some feel its all gonna get Phased out and Serato DJ will be the New controller Standard. As long as there's Smart DJ's Who want Things And have a Knack for learning there will always be New Modds.
djBern 12:33 AM - 26 October, 2012
Which version of ME? One thing I can think of is that you're running a version that's not compatible with SSL 2.4 and above.

Quote:
Quote:

1. Yes
4. Scratch live icon yes, scratch live in top left menu corner, scratch live is shown running in activity monitor but the itch gui is shown.
JDforKing 12:58 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Which version of ME? One thing I can think of is that you're running a version that's not compatible with SSL 2.4 and above.

Quote:
Quote:

1. Yes

I have the latest version of me. 2.01 i think
djBern 1:10 AM - 26 October, 2012
Aha! You'll need at least 2.1 to have it work with SSL 2.4 and above.
JDforKing 1:20 AM - 26 October, 2012
okay that maybe the problem then, good looking out my friend
JDforKing 1:30 AM - 26 October, 2012
I just downloaded the new version of mix emergency and everything works perfectly. Thanks again djBern.
djBern 1:32 AM - 26 October, 2012
Cool! Glad I could help.
keith jackson 3:07 AM - 26 October, 2012
Wow it's awesome to see DJ's Helping each other!!! Surprised Serato has Not Been on here? Maybe that's a Good Thing Right lol
DJRemixEnt 3:19 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Wow it's awesome to see DJ's Helping each other!!! Surprised Serato has Not Been on here? Maybe that's a Good Thing Right lol

lol, i was thinking the same thing
pdidy 3:20 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:

Word on the street is they hijacked a plane from New Zealand and are demanding to land in Kentucky of all places.........
keith jackson 5:16 AM - 26 October, 2012
Pdidy Awwww ish!!! Lol Moving to a remote Island! Got A lot of Inbox messages from Dj's All over Saying there very happy to have This working, I say it's good For Serato and ME. Well maybe more good for ME :) No but seriously This would defiantly Make some People who do not use controllers because they want to use ME Buy A controller? Maybe I bought one and I'm a Scratchlive Guy.
pdidy 5:38 AM - 26 October, 2012
Yo on some real shit doe.........ME owes you a check......ijs.
keith jackson 6:00 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Yo on some real shit doe.........ME owes you a check......ijs.

I'm Gonna hit up Nick Like come On man I know ME sell went up a Little? Lol :) I'm at a club right now and a guy is using ITCH with ME Lol
dj lad 8:08 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:

thanks Keith!!!

I'll report back soon

Did you have any luck with this?
Maskrider 9:52 AM - 26 October, 2012
Keith I'm gonna say it right now your the shit here on this forum....They should have this thread a sticky.
lofty 10:41 AM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

thanks Keith!!!

I'll report back soon

It's on Nov 1

But

Used modded itch yesterday at a school - it ran flawless.
lofty 10:46 AM - 26 October, 2012
Oops didn't really read
I'm checking out sx on nov 1

As for s1 it's locked to itch - I just used trigger finger for midi mapping video.
dj lad 7:57 PM - 26 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks Keith!!!

I'll report back soon

It's on Nov 1

But

Used modded itch yesterday at a school - it ran flawless.

Yeah I couldn't get the S1 to actually respond via MIDI w/ ME since its, yknow, not MIDI. Dammit. I really wanted this work...
longshot 2:04 AM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:

keith jackson says "Let ME Scratch That Itch" mod ;)

Thanks keith jackson & lofty, mod works great!
Audiohauz 7:06 AM - 27 October, 2012
Are their any videos or tutorials on how to use ME with SSL or anything? Any tips on how to make the most of it, where to position it. whats what.. etc??
I havent really messed with it, I have a sweet 16 tomorrow with TV's and gotto play videos. I really wish serato video or ME had an option to play photo slideshows like virtualDJ. I always have VirtualDJ running in the background when using SSL just to show slideshows. It works, but wish i didnt have to use it.
Anyway, anywhere I can get some ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks fellaz
DJRemixEnt 1:27 PM - 27 October, 2012
Quote:
Are their any videos or tutorials on how to use ME with SSL or anything? Any tips on how to make the most of it, where to position it. whats what.. etc??
I havent really messed with it, I have a sweet 16 tomorrow with TV's and gotto play videos. I really wish serato video or ME had an option to play photo slideshows like virtualDJ. I always have VirtualDJ running in the background when using SSL just to show slideshows. It works, but wish i didnt have to use it.
Anyway, anywhere I can get some ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks fellaz

www.inklen.com
VideoDJQ 7:02 AM - 31 October, 2012
I cant get it to work. What am I doing wrong? ME shows green like when scratch live is selected just as it does when I use the real scratch live but it doesn't actually play the video. It loads and I can see the first frame in my ME preview window but once I hit play, the video never plays along with the audio. The only difference between what I did and what your video shows is that I am running scratch live 2.3.3, but that shouldn't make a difference since I'm replacing the actual live file with the itch file right? (I running ME 2.1 too just as an fyi)
VideoDJQ 7:02 AM - 31 October, 2012
I cant get it to work. What am I doing wrong? ME shows green like when scratch live is selected just as it does when I use the real scratch live but it doesn't actually play the video. It loads and I can see the first frame in my ME preview window but once I hit play, the video never plays along with the audio. The only difference between what I did and what your video shows is that I am running scratch live 2.3.3, but that shouldn't make a difference since I'm replacing the actual live file with the itch file right? (I running ME 2.1 too just as an fyi)
keith jackson 11:14 AM - 31 October, 2012
Have you you midi mapped your faders to ME?
lofty 2:40 PM - 31 October, 2012
make sure you are using - itch 2.2.2 - SL 2.4.3 and - ME 2.1
JDforKing 2:54 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
make sure you are using - itch 2.2.2 - SL 2.4.3 and - ME 2.1

+10000 i learned this after hours of trying to get this to work with old versions lol
VideoDJQ 5:53 PM - 31 October, 2012
Keith no, but for now I'm talking only about a problem with the software.
Lofty & JD, I guess I'll see if I have any different result with SL 2.4.3 but I'm still confused as to why that matters.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:54 PM - 31 October, 2012
Because the video code changed in 2.4 when serato video came out 2.3.3 will be for Video SL. Just update already lol.
VideoDJQ 6:05 PM - 31 October, 2012
LJ and Co., I just updated to SL 2.4.3 and yup it all works now. Great job on figuring this out fellas! I hope this trick works with SeratoDJ too cuz I got my eye on the new DDJ-SX!
DJ Unique 6:07 PM - 31 October, 2012
Quote:
I hope this trick works with SeratoDJ too cuz I got my eye on the new DDJ-SX!

+ 1
djBern 3:11 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+ 1

Just tried it and it worked!

Can someone else verify?
pdidy 3:18 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+ 1

Just tried it and it worked!

Can someone else verify?

I dont think anybody has SeratoDJ software to test with yet. you have it ?
djBern 3:20 AM - 1 November, 2012
Available for download as of today.
djBern 3:22 AM - 1 November, 2012
Here's the link:
serato.com
Kepik 3:29 AM - 1 November, 2012
confirm that it works, offline that is! By the time, the rest of the Itch controllers get their updates, Serato may have already patched up this backdoor... :(
pdidy 3:52 AM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
confirm that it works, offline that is! By the time, the rest of the Itch controllers get their updates, Serato may have already patched up this backdoor... :(

Quote:
Petition for Serato dj leaving the Backdoor open for Mix Emergency .

Im 1st bitches........lol

already on it....lol
keith jackson 11:11 AM - 1 November, 2012
Working on a Mod this Morning to see if I can get Certain Controllers Working Now on SERATO DJ Ill keep everyone Posted Especially Lofty and DJremixent They seem pretty Handy in Finishing up Mods If there is a Back Door
lofty 1:13 PM - 1 November, 2012
Looks like the controller mappings are hard written into the code.
I tried to add the mappings I found in 2.2.2 to SDJ 1.0 and got errors :/

unless someone is a programmer, I'm not able to reverse engineer DJ and rewrite the code

My main happiness is I can MIDI MAP all the video controls with ME , I have no problem waiting for spring to get DJ.
Andi Crampton 9:58 PM - 2 November, 2012
little late to the party,
is the mod still working has anyone tryed it with DJ and the ddj-sx ?
VideoDJQ 10:30 PM - 2 November, 2012
Yes, ME works with DJ (using the same mod as Itch) and the DDJ-SX.
DJ Unique 10:31 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
Yes, ME works with DJ (using the same mod as Itch) and the DDJ-SX.

Heck yeah.
Andi Crampton 10:53 PM - 2 November, 2012
thanks Guys much appreciated now you just cost me a ddj-sx gonna have one real happy Mrs :-(
DJRemixEnt 11:09 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
thanks Guys much appreciated now you just cost me a ddj-sx gonna have one real happy Mrs :-(

just tell her you had to buy the ddj-sx because of an emergency..... a mix emergency!!!

haha..... yeah ok that was corny...but what the hell
pdidy 11:54 PM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:

Just be clear that serato can close this backdoor at any time they choose fit.
(in future updates)
Andi Crampton 12:34 AM - 3 November, 2012
its worth keeping a copy that works safely to one side just encase it fails after an update then
Ragman 1:31 AM - 3 November, 2012
It's all good. Serato gives you access to older archived versions of their apps ...
Andi Crampton 1:39 AM - 3 November, 2012
sweet im used to dare i say it virtual dj (forgive me for swearing) and there idea of aving to jump through three hoops of fire whilst standing on your head to get an old version once you update
I knew it was worth coming here to learn befor i took the big plunge and swapped software

thanks for being so friendly and helpful
longshot 8:19 AM - 3 November, 2012
I have the DDJ-SX and while using ME with lofty's mod, I cannot control FX in Serato DJ.

Also, right after i did the mod and started ME, I started to midi-map the faders and was getting very odd reactions from the x-fader. After about numerous delete & re-learn, the fader setting finally stabilized.

I haven't run into any additional function loss yet. Anyone else have this issue?
JDforKing 12:33 PM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
I have the DDJ-SX and while using ME with lofty's mod, I cannot control FX in Serato DJ.

Also, right after i did the mod and started ME, I started to midi-map the faders and was getting very odd reactions from the x-fader. After about numerous delete & re-learn, the fader setting finally stabilized.

I haven't run into any additional function loss yet. Anyone else have this issue?

The same thing happened to me when i was trying to midi map my cross fader. I just gave up. became annoying.
Dj Nyce 3:53 PM - 3 November, 2012
so the sx xfader/upfader can be midi mapped to ME while serato dj is running?
djdisbjohn 5:14 PM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

The same thing happened to me when i was trying to midi map my cross fader. I just gave up. became annoying.

I figured out how to use the FX. copy the FX VST under resources folder of serato dj into scratch live resources.

I was able to get the X-fader working fine in ME, but you will need to have Serato Video. Enable the plugin and then go to your Video screen and let serato video load. After wards you can disable it and just run ME.
djdisbjohn 5:15 PM - 3 November, 2012
Some things I found out..
Serato DJ and the new FX engine is post-fader. If you do this mod to run it with ME, the FX no longer are post-fader.
Dj Nyce 5:24 PM - 3 November, 2012
Quote:
Serato DJ and the new FX engine is post-fader. If you do this mod to run it with ME, the FX no longer are post-fader.

did you have to midi map the faders in ME or did it just pick it up as if it was a 57 or 62?
djdisbjohn 7:59 PM - 3 November, 2012
DJ SHY 3:25 PM - 4 November, 2012
@djdisbjohn thanks for the vid homey!!!
WarpNote 6:24 PM - 4 November, 2012
Best "EasterEgg" yet...
longshot 10:08 PM - 4 November, 2012
Quote:

Are you sure about the post fader effects? I fixed mine and still have post fader effects. I did the mod a little differently than you did. Maybe that's why?
djdisbjohn 12:09 AM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Are you sure about the post fader effects? I fixed mine and still have post fader effects. I did the mod a little differently than you did. Maybe that's why?

What did you do different?
longshot 12:41 AM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What did you do different?

Step 1: (This step is my own) Make duplicate of Scratch Live in Applications folder.
Rename duplicate to what ever you want (ex. Scratch DJ) I did this to keep my Scratch Live program and settings in it's original condition since I still use it.

Step 2: Apply lofty's mod to the new "Scratch DJ" application.
Watchwww.youtube.com

Step 4: (This step is my own) Copy the Resources folder from the package contents of the Serato DJ application and replace the Resources folder in the "Scratch DJ" package contents folder you created.

Step 5: Apply your steps to activate Serato Video plugin and start ME to automatically map faders. Then, as you instructed, deactivate the Serato Video plugin.

Everything in Serato DJ should work, and post fader FX still play.

I hope this works for everyone.
djdisbjohn 2:17 AM - 5 November, 2012
Thanks ill give that a try
WarpNote 9:35 AM - 5 November, 2012
Would really hope that Serato spend their time developing their own software, (Eg Bridge for Ableton 9 on all platforms, Syphon output in Serato Video) than closing backdoors.

Personally, I think they should officially have opened for ME in Itch/SeratoDJ already.
Choice is a good thing, creates competition and better programs/results in the end.
Dj Wunder 5:46 PM - 5 November, 2012
Does anyone else find it interesting that the Serato DJ GUI looks more like ME than anything before? I smellllll paarrrrtnershiiiiip
longshot 8:37 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:

So, did it fix your post fader fx?
djdisbjohn 9:00 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

It didn't.

Here's what I do. for example i'll use echo effect
1. have channel 1 assigned to FX bank 1
2. have channel 1 open and playing
3. turn on FX 1
4. close channel 1 fader
5. turn off FX 1
It will immediately shut off the effect

I'll post up a video
ral 9:01 PM - 5 November, 2012
out of curiosity, tried this method in traktor scratch pro - no luck - lol

be thankful itch/serato dj users for ME! props to keith
longshot 9:10 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It didn't.

Here's what I do. for example i'll use echo effect
1. have channel 1 assigned to FX bank 1
2. have channel 1 open and playing
3. turn on FX 1
4. close channel 1 fader
5. turn off FX 1
It will immediately shut off the effect

I'll post up a video

That's strange. Mine doesn't do that. Can anyone else confirm either way?
djdisbjohn 10:10 PM - 5 November, 2012
maybe i'll try with a fresh install of SSL and SDJ
DjBoozie 1:54 PM - 6 November, 2012
Quote:
Would really hope that Serato spend their time developing their own software, (Eg Bridge for Ableton 9 on all platforms, Syphon output in Serato Video) than closing backdoors.

Personally, I think they should officially have opened for ME in Itch/SeratoDJ already.
Choice is a good thing, creates competition and better programs/results in the end.

It wasn't their choice to make.. M.E. And Searto are two different companies (I'm sure everyone know that) And it wasn't in the best interest of Nick to Develop M.E. to work with Itch.. Now from what I've seen he has made a squeak about this cause I'm sure me wants nothing to do with it.. What why ME is the way it is.. As close to flawless as he can get it.
SeriousCyrus 2:39 PM - 6 November, 2012
[quoteAnd it wasn't in the best interest of Nick to Develop M.E. to work with Itch.. Now from what I've seen he has made a squeak about this cause I'm sure me wants nothing to do with it.. What why ME is the way it is.. As close to flawless as he can get it.

I don't buy that, I don't see why ME wouldn't want to develop for itch, as it is, ME just gained access to another market for zero cost.

SL and Itch both use the same plugin, and this is probably why the hack works. Whatever values and media ME gets from Serato VE, it doesn't care if it's originaly from Itch or SL. This would make sense, Serato would have a common interface to both products. I think that ME somehow hijacks that info before it arrives in Serato Video.

I would love to know how ME hijacks the data, I could do so much, I have a feeling it's something super simple to implement too......

Still, it's interesting that no one, from inklen or serato, has said anything on these forums or on Inklens.

I really can't understand why Serato don't give more room to allow people to develop addons for their products. Obviously SV and ME are competitors, but with ME so far ahead, Serato can only piss off loyal users by blocking access.
VJ Justin Allen 3:06 PM - 6 November, 2012
And yet it is their right to do so if they wish. However this topic has been beaten . to . death. Can we maybe not start it up all over again?
DjBoozie 5:13 PM - 6 November, 2012
Well I'm Johnie come lately.. So I missed a lot of it. And from what I understand (or unless they got a fall guy) it wasn't ME who hacked it.. It was just some guy who said he stumble across it. But I'm sure you won't hear nothing about it from Inklen or Serato cause they didn't want to have nothing to do with it in the 1st place... So I think you get what you get on this one. Good Morning Vj Justin Allen.. how's everything with you
Papa Midnight 6:46 PM - 6 November, 2012
No one seems to have pointed out that Mix Emergency has never actually been officially supported by Serato and is a third party plugin / stand-alone application, and was even shut out of Scratch Live for some time to make way for Serato Video.
DjBoozie 7:09 PM - 6 November, 2012
They really don't care. As long as it works is the main and most important reason
Dj Wunder 12:59 AM - 7 November, 2012
So, please correct me if my math is wrong, but coudln't this technique be used to get the DDJ-SX working with SSL??
Dj Nyce 2:23 AM - 7 November, 2012
Quote:
So, please correct me if my math is wrong, but coudln't this technique be used to get the DDJ-SX working with SSL??

ME works with DDJ-SX/SDJ with the same hack. even faders are picked up.
Dj Wunder 3:07 AM - 7 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

ME works with DDJ-SX/SDJ with the same hack. even faders are picked up.

No doubt, I'm thinking outside of ME, but finding a way to get the SX working with Scratch Live... not that there's much of a point, just wundering....
Dj Nyce 3:21 AM - 7 November, 2012
my bad didn't see 'SSL'.
VideoDJQ 8:23 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:

Step 1: (This step is my own) Make duplicate of Scratch Live in Applications folder.
Rename duplicate to what ever you want (ex. Scratch DJ) I did this to keep my Scratch Live program and settings in it's original condition since I still use it.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Step 4: (This step is my own) Copy the Resources folder from the package contents of the Serato DJ application and replace the Resources folder in the "Scratch DJ" package contents folder you created.

Step 5: Apply your steps to activate Serato Video plugin and start ME to automatically map faders. Then, as you instructed, deactivate the Serato Video plugin.

@longshot.. this worked for me. Thanks for the info!
longshot 8:48 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

That's great to hear! If you run into any issues with the mod, please post. I'd hate to run into an issue during a gig. We can all avoid that if we keep each other updated.
djdisbjohn 9:20 PM - 8 November, 2012
post fader FX kind of works. If I'm cutting the cross fader it works, but if I turn off the FX, it immediately turns off (similar to disengaging FX assignment on the channel)
longshot 10:05 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
post fader FX kind of works. If I'm cutting the cross fader it works, but if I turn off the FX, it immediately turns off (similar to disengaging FX assignment on the channel)

I think it's that way by design. Maybe using the wet/dry knob instead will get you the transitional "fx off " you want.
djdisbjohn 10:31 PM - 8 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I think it's that way by design. Maybe using the wet/dry knob instead will get you the transitional "fx off " you want.

it does work like that running normal Serato DJ. no biggie.
thanks
Audiohauz 12:44 PM - 11 November, 2012
Has anyone tried mapping the DDJ-SX to ScratchLive? Just outta curiosity?
dj lad 9:19 PM - 16 November, 2012
So now DDJ-S1 fixes to use the video x-fader in ME?
longshot 2:00 AM - 17 November, 2012
Quote:
So now DDJ-S1 fixes to use the video x-fader in ME?

I don't understand the question.
DjBoozie 4:23 PM - 17 November, 2012
I think he asking if the fader works with the ME fader.. the and if that's your question.. the answer is yes
DJCheLu 12:26 AM - 18 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

I can not get this to work. I have ssl 1.9.2 and i downloaded the newest version and still cant get ME's to work.

If the video plugin is already activated, should it be deauthorized first and then follow these steps?

When my duplicate ssl opens, it does open serato dj and show as version 2.4.3 but ME wont read. Any ideas?
DJCheLu 7:27 PM - 18 November, 2012
^^ I read through the whole thread again and fixed my issue. I was using ME 2.0.1. Everything seems to work fine without the controller. Next step is trying the ddj sx :)
DJ SPARKY 1 6:55 PM - 15 February, 2013
Thanks i finally found this forum, i have an ns7 and have used this mod one question though my headphone fader on the ns7 is being recognized as the crossfader on M.E anyone know how to fix this? its the only glitch i have the rest works perfect! Please help thanks
ral 1:19 AM - 19 February, 2013
looks like the new serato dj 1.1.2 block this hack -
selkie 1:23 AM - 19 February, 2013
Quote:

Nooo :(
DjBoozie 1:26 AM - 19 February, 2013
lmao!!!!! is anyone surprised?
Dj Nyce 2:49 AM - 19 February, 2013
Quote:

this what happens when you talk about fight club
Maskrider 3:44 AM - 19 February, 2013
Quote:

Let's just say they found out and just wants to make it official....lol
DJCheLu 5:05 AM - 21 February, 2013
Crap.... I just wanted one version to work with autoplay and i would have been happy with not updating. Ii wouldnt use any other updates, im happy with the program as is. LAMEEE

Hmmm, Maybe i will try out Serato Video this weekend, havent touched it in years...
_jeri_ 11:07 AM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:

no it work with sdj 1.1.2 and me 2.2 ! ;)
ral 2:23 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

no it work with sdj 1.1.2 and me 2.2 ! ;)

wow, thats great news - i guess its me upgrade time

can someone else confirm?
DjBoozie 5:25 PM - 21 February, 2013
Quote:
can someone else confirm?

I want to know that same thing
_jeri_ 7:28 PM - 21 February, 2013
hm try it out! it works like in the previous version.

1. duplicate "Scratch Live" App
2. right click on "Serato DJ" App and click on "Show Package Contents"
3. go to Contents/ MacOS and copy "Serato DJ" File
- dont forget copy the folder:
_CodeSignature
Frameworks
Plugins
Resources
4. right click on "Scratch Live Copy" App and click on "Show Package Contents"
5. go to Contents/ MacOS and paste the "Serato DJ" File
- and paste the other folder in contents! (Resources folder can be overwritten!)
6. delete "Scratch Live" File and rename the File "Serato DJ" in "Scratch Live"
ral 8:27 PM - 21 February, 2013
^confirm - it works! (even in me 2.1.0)
ral 8:42 PM - 21 February, 2013
bummer - gettin error code in authorization in sdj
_jeri_ 8:48 PM - 21 February, 2013
hey ral, what hardware are you using?
ral 9:02 PM - 21 February, 2013
vci400
_jeri_ 9:16 PM - 21 February, 2013
works original sdj version with vci400? i have ddj-sx.. therefore, I can test it unfortunately..
ral 9:21 PM - 21 February, 2013
i can see the preview in sdj, that me works - its just, sdj has some error message on authorization - but the orig sdj app works fine no prob in authorization

thx anyway
Maskrider 4:28 PM - 24 March, 2013
Played with ME and ITCH + VCI380 last night for 4 and half hours at the bar where I work at with no problems......

I hope it does the same with Serato DJ when we move on to it.
XRM5 11:52 PM - 1 May, 2013
is this working for anybody on SDJ 1.2 right now?
Kepik 11:56 PM - 1 May, 2013
yup, works for me
Dj Wunder 4:58 AM - 2 May, 2013
I'm interested to know why Inklen hasn't made ME work for SDJ out of the box yet, does anyone have any ideas on that?
Maskrider 9:08 AM - 2 May, 2013
Ok so how is this Hack works on SDJ 1.2?...I'm getting error messages.
DjBoozie 10:31 AM - 2 May, 2013
Quote:
Ok so how is this Hack works on SDJ 1.2?...I'm getting error messages.

I am too :(
_jeri_ 10:43 AM - 2 May, 2013
hey maskrider and DjBoozie, have you tried this in my instructions?

serato.com

For me it works with SDJ 1.2. (DDJ-SX) and ME 2.2.0
DjBoozie 10:52 AM - 2 May, 2013
didn't see that... thanks
DjBoozie 11:39 AM - 2 May, 2013
confirmed!!!!!!
Maskrider 11:47 PM - 2 May, 2013
I'm having problems following the instructions....I'm getting errors....lol
Dj Nyce 2:30 AM - 3 May, 2013
i'm able to get it to work in 1.2 offline player with no issues. i haven't tested it with a controller connected tho.
DjBoozie 10:59 AM - 3 May, 2013
Quote:
I'm having problems following the instructions....I'm getting errors....lol

All I did was copied and renamed the serato dj file to Scratch LIVE.. Just like this. moved it to SSL content>>MacOS folder.. and copied the folder mentioned and pasted them inside the content folder of SSL and it worked
Maskrider 12:54 PM - 3 May, 2013
That was a lot easier to follow....Got it

It does work with VCI380 + SDJ 1.2 + M.E 2.2
DjBoozie 4:43 PM - 3 May, 2013
Good deal
Maskrider 5:06 PM - 5 May, 2013
I played with it at the bar for 4 hours it was good.
DJRemixEnt 5:12 PM - 5 May, 2013
Quote:
I played with it at the bar for 4 hours it was good.

if you shake it more than 2wice, your playing with yourself
Maskrider 5:16 PM - 5 May, 2013
lol....

But on a serious note Serato Dj looks promising....I just want ME to be officially Used with SDJ.
keith jackson 1:08 AM - 22 July, 2013
Hey a lot of people have been having Problems with the New Serato Dj and Mixemergency Mod. I have came up with the Easiest and fastest way to do this Mod. Just watch the Video. Hope this Helps Out Dj Buddies.

Watchvimeo.com
djdisbjohn 1:20 AM - 22 July, 2013
Awesome. Quick and simple. Thanks keith
keith jackson 1:24 AM - 22 July, 2013
No problem, I wanted it to be Super Simple Boom there it Is!
djBern 1:44 AM - 22 July, 2013
Thanks KJ. Does this work with the latest versions of both?
keith jackson 1:45 AM - 22 July, 2013
Yep Works With The Latest Version's even Found it works on the old version's
DJ Unique 5:42 AM - 22 July, 2013
Quote:
Hey a lot of people have been having Problems with the New Serato Dj and Mixemergency Mod. I have came up with the Easiest and fastest way to do this Mod. Just watch the Video. Hope this Helps Out Dj Buddies.

Watchvimeo.com

Video is "GONE"
Dj Nyce 6:16 PM - 22 July, 2013
#fail
Maskrider 9:55 PM - 22 July, 2013
Post it again or in youtube
Papa Midnight 10:46 PM - 22 July, 2013
Quote:
#fail

There was no fail. That video got taken down with the quickness.
Maskrider 1:07 AM - 23 July, 2013
It is out there somewhere Serato should just include it on the next update to stop this modification which I'm guilty of...lol
and most of the SERATO DJ users......hahahahahahha
Dj Nyce 4:09 PM - 23 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
#fail

There was no fail. That video got taken down with the quickness.

i guess if you look at it that way lol. #win
Oliver Giving 7:48 PM - 29 July, 2013
Nice one!