DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Glowtronics Slipmats

Dj Roth 3:36 PM - 1 October, 2012
Did somebody ordered from them?
I made a purchase 2 weeks ago and my order is still on pending, No response from them in email.
any ideas? I paid good money for it but nothing.
Also, whoever got them, how are they?
str8nger 3:44 PM - 1 October, 2012
Sorry to say but u got jacked, 2 weeks later? And still pending!
Dj Roth 3:57 PM - 1 October, 2012
hows that possible? i see tons of people that has them. nobody said its a scam. i think i can get a refund from paypal.
str8nger 4:05 PM - 1 October, 2012
Yes it's possible. Usually when you purchase something online within the same hour you get some type of notice and some type of info on when will the product be available to ship. But 2 weeks! And your sale is still pending that's a little odd
Dj Roth 4:07 PM - 1 October, 2012
Maybe it is, But I need to hear from someone who got them, because they are pretty well known. I wouldnt order from a weird site or somethin, Theres gotta be something here.
Mike_P 4:20 PM - 1 October, 2012
www.ripoffreport.com

This is one of the first pages that comes up on a google search of "glowtronics." Whether the report is true or false, just reading the response and comments from the owner of the company, I'd stay FAR away from this company and all their drama.
Dj Roth 4:27 PM - 1 October, 2012
I saw that, Thats not the same site though.
this is the one:
www.glowtronics-store.com
some posts about it on here:
serato.com
serato.com
serato.com

saw also pics in denon forums and some youtube videos
really weird.
Mike_P 4:37 PM - 1 October, 2012
OIC
12inchskinz 4:46 PM - 1 October, 2012
We will have the 3900/3700 platter skinz on the site this week. These will have a more TACKY laminate used specifically for turntable like controllers.

Metallic & fluorescent will be available. Ill drop another reply once they are ready.
Dj Roth 4:58 PM - 1 October, 2012
few questions then:
do you ship worldwide?
and the thing is my 3700 records are scratched and pretty much ruined, so i need to replace the record itself and not just the skin, thats the reason why i ordered from there.
Im planning also to get a 57 skin form 12inch, im in the making
12inchskinz 5:37 PM - 1 October, 2012
Well....if the record is scratched then the skin should cover it up like new UNLESS you actually have any deep gouges in the surface.
Dj Roth 5:41 PM - 1 October, 2012
im talking about scratches from the inside, so when i scratch i can feel that the record is not smooth at all.
12inchskinz 6:25 PM - 1 October, 2012
Wow...how did that happen? Yes, u need some new vinyl.
Dj Roth 6:29 PM - 1 October, 2012
it was exposed to direct sunlight in a pool event, while djing i guess it melted and scratched or whatever. anyway please post a reply here when the skins for the denons are ready, ill be glad to check it out! thanks =]
ced_so_thoed 8:41 PM - 1 October, 2012
ay
they sell or used to sell Glowtronics in Guitar Center. But fuck them hos
yep
Dj Roth 8:45 PM - 1 October, 2012
just got email from them that its shipped, hope itll be good.
ced_so_thoed 8:48 PM - 1 October, 2012
ay
still fuck them though because I said so. And I used to have them when I had cdjs and Denons
yep
djcrap 4:12 PM - 14 May, 2013
Quote:
just got email from them that its shipped, hope itll be good.

so did you get your glowtronics smhs

here we go i ordered on may 12th and still mine says pending hope it's not two weeks and still pending.....

i wish i read this thread before my dumb ass ordered
Dj Roth 4:17 PM - 14 May, 2013
I got them at the end.. Pretty good mats. Email them and wait. I hope it will work out for you
djcrap 4:24 PM - 14 May, 2013
^^^do you by chance have their email or phone #

by them not replying in a timely manner some customers may just cancel

smsh

i was a bout to cancel the order but i will try waiting for 4 days more if there is no reply by then i will just trying getting my money back from pay pal
Dj Roth 4:37 PM - 15 May, 2013
order@glowtronics-store.com‏
Transam388 12:31 AM - 6 December, 2013
This is late in this session but I got some of the Glowtronic slipmats and clear vinyl for my controller.

Now, the shipping was quick. The stuff looks good....but.

The glow in the dark is OK at best. I mean you really do have to stick a bright light over these and for q fair amount of time if you really want them fairly bright and lasting a fair amount of time.

Second is the clear vinyl. I put these on an NS7II and the Numark vinyl is WAY better than these. These from Glowtronics are far from being flat. Not totally bumped but figuring the cost for these is over 17.50 I would expect them to be nice and flat. Maybe something happened in shipping but just want to put this out for you since you where discussing Glowtronics.
Dj Roth 12:33 AM - 6 December, 2013
For my 3700's (when I had them, have 1200's now way better) it felt pretty good, No complaints on that.
U should talk to them because maybe it got alot of sun from the shipping or something.
Transam388 12:40 AM - 6 December, 2013
Well granted for a controller it does not honestly matter that much but to me it did show somewhat of a lack of quality.

In fairness though as you said maybe they where left near some heat while shipping. Granted it is getting colder in some areas now so maybe the shipping people had a heater running and these where nearby?? ;)

Nothing huge just thought I would let it be known.

Have a great Christmas fellow spinners!! ;)
Transam388 10:10 PM - 6 December, 2013
Now though I will add one more thing.....if you are producing a vinyl top for controllers...give them some grooves. Does not have to play on a 1200 but just give it some texture as a 12" would have.

Again...just being picky but would think those who make items for old turntablists such as myself would consider putting grooves on the vinyl to at least mimic what it gives you as far as feel and pulling back on a 12" which these do NOT have.

I'll be fair and say Glowtronics is not bad but from what I have seen they are not a "Top Notch" company that actually is trying to make products for discriminating DJ's. They have their nitch and that is cool but they do NOT IMHO come from a clubing past or DJ'ing past. More from a product desire and did what sold and are not going further.

Merry Christmas though to all and Glowtronics included!! I have not ripped the clear vinyl off so still give credit in that and honestly!! ;)
IAMDJDK 8:13 PM - 28 January, 2014
I just recently purchased a pair of Snow White Glowtronics to go under my clear LYM vinyls. I love the look but not impressed with the feel.

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj jamalot 2:21 AM - 29 January, 2014
put some wax paper under them and you will be good.
IAMDJDK 4:13 AM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:
put some wax paper under them and you will be good.

Tried that and I still don't like the feel of them. Tablecloths are much better. I'll stick with the Dr. Suzuki slipmats.
DJ Reflex 10:52 PM - 29 January, 2014
I got a set of the glow-in-the-dark CVs... They do glow, but I have the same problem ya'll are having with the mats. They just don't feel right. Too thick maybe?!? Not good for scratching.
Transam388 1:21 AM - 30 January, 2014
Maybe this is just a...you gan one thing and loose another.? As I said also, the time it takes to "Charge" the slipmats to actually make any real glow is a moderate amount of time. Certain things are what they are and the slipmats look good....just don't at least to me and obviosly some others perform to a good standard.
IAMDJDK 1:32 AM - 30 January, 2014
Mine glow fine and it doesn't take them that long at all to charge. I love the way they look but I should hear a cardboard sound when I pull my record back.
IAMDJDK 1:33 AM - 30 January, 2014
Sorry I meant I shouldn't hear.
DJ Reflex 6:10 AM - 2 February, 2014
Throw a UV blacklight on them... they'l light up!
IAMDJDK 6:13 AM - 2 February, 2014
O have to renege on my original statement about the Glowtronics. After a few days practicing on them they feel 200% better. I guess you have to break them in. I gigged with them tonight and they worked out perfectly with no wax paper. instagram.com
DJ Reflex 2:55 AM - 3 February, 2014
Quote:
O have to renege on my original statement about the Glowtronics. After a few days practicing on them they feel 200% better. I guess you have to break them in. I gigged with them tonight and they worked out perfectly with no wax paper. instagram.com

Sweet!
dj jamalot 3:49 AM - 3 February, 2014
#Rookies
dj jamalot 3:52 AM - 3 February, 2014
Y'all expect everything to just work just bcuz u bought it doesn't make it right...
#dealwithit.
IAMDJDK 1:28 PM - 3 February, 2014
Quote:
#Rookies

It's slipmats. They should work right out the box.
IAMDJDK 1:30 PM - 3 February, 2014
Quote:
Y'all expect everything to just work just bcuz u bought it doesn't make it right...
#dealwithit.

I have never used a pair of slipmats that have to be broken in. They should work right out the box. Don't be so emotional.
RobDJ dotcom 10:19 PM - 3 February, 2014
Quote:
Throw a UV blacklight on them... they'l light up!

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only dj that knew this. Post after post after post crying about glow vinyls not charging and stuff. Black light kids. It's a new technology from the 80's if not the 70's. SMH.

Quote:
I have never used a pair of slipmats that have to be broken in. They should work right out the box.

Co-sign. NEVER had to "break in" slip mats. Sounds crazy to me.
IAMDJDK 10:25 PM - 3 February, 2014
I used them Saturday and held up for mixing and your basic scratches. I used a halogen light to charge them and they looked good which was the selling point for me. Caught the crowds attention before my set started.
DJ Em Nice 12:29 AM - 20 June, 2017
Cool read. I just purchased a pair of 12" Snow Whites for my Clear Serato 12" Vinyls, looking forward to see how these workout. Good information and thanks for posting your experiences.
IAMDJDK 12:40 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:
Cool read. I just purchased a pair of 12" Snow Whites for my Clear Serato 12" Vinyls, looking forward to see how these workout. Good information and thanks for posting your experiences.

The Glowtronic whites suck. They started causing servere static and were very thick. I only use table cloths and butter rugs cause of this.
DJ Em Nice 2:10 PM - 20 June, 2017
So how long before you started using them you experience the static issues?

Initially you said they needed to break in and you had a good experience after that.
IAMDJDK 2:24 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:
So how long before you started using them you experience the static issues?

Initially you said they needed to break in and you had a good experience after that.

My 1st few sets were cool and I just figured they needed to be broken in. Then I started to notice the static from them cause them to stick to the control vinyl. After they started doing that, baby cuts, and pulling the record back seemed impossible.
IAMDJDK 2:25 PM - 20 June, 2017
Sorry bro. I should have updated this thread on what happened.
DJ Em Nice 6:56 PM - 20 June, 2017
No worries man. I will check them out for a few months and see how I like them and post my experience.

Thanks, appreciate the honest feedback.
DJ Em Nice 1:00 AM - 7 October, 2017
So I have been using these now for 3 plus months with no issues.
IAMDJDK 10:44 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
So I have been using these now for 3 plus months with no issues.

Thats cool. They were no good for me. I use butter rugs now.