Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Slip Mats for the NS7

VJ Kurve 6:20 AM - 18 March, 2009
Anyone know if the slip mats are being sold anywhere yet? Will the ones that go on the Denon S3500 work with the NS7???
DJ GaFFle 10:41 AM - 18 March, 2009
You might have to cut up some Butter Rugs if they're not available yet.
VJ Kurve 10:52 AM - 18 March, 2009
Quote:
You might have to cut up some Butter Rugs if they're not available yet.

+1

Good idea. Now what about the Denon S3500 ones?? Yes or no?
DJ GaFFle 2:02 PM - 18 March, 2009
I'm not familiar with those. I would assume so. I believe the 3500 has 7" platters like the NS7.

I'd rather use the Butters. You know they'll slip good and plenty.
Numark, Support
NumarkMatt 3:40 PM - 18 March, 2009
Hey All,

Any standard slip mat designed for a 7 inch platter will fit on the NS7. You will be able to purchase replacement slip mats from Numark via our parts department as well. If you need a template for butter rugs you can use the slip mats that the NS7 comes with to ensure an accurate cut.
VJ Kurve 3:24 AM - 22 March, 2009
NICE! Kick ass. Things are looking good so far for the NS7! Just hope the video plug-in comes out SOON after the release. Like before summer would be nice!
DJ MDX 4:40 PM - 22 March, 2009
There is also a template floating around somewhere you can use to make your own in photoshop - check the Denon Forum.
VJ Kurve 11:00 AM - 23 March, 2009
Quote:
There is also a template floating around somewhere you can use to make your own in photoshop - check the Denon Forum.

Can you point me in some sort of direction on the Denon forums? I'm lost!
kraal 5:30 PM - 23 March, 2009
denondjforums.com
i dont use denon but a google search lead me here i hope this helps
MusicDan 3:11 AM - 24 March, 2009
I found this guy in Chicago who made me some custom labels for the 7" vinyl. I haven't received my NS7 yet, should get it on the 30th. Will let you know how they work out. Anyway I can post a pic for you to see what it came out like?
VJ Kurve 5:08 AM - 25 March, 2009
Quote:
denondjforums.com
i dont use denon but a google search lead me here i hope this helps

thanks!
VJ Kurve 5:08 AM - 25 March, 2009
Quote:
I found this guy in Chicago who made me some custom labels for the 7" vinyl. I haven't received my NS7 yet, should get it on the 30th. Will let you know how they work out. Anyway I can post a pic for you to see what it came out like?

Def! keep me posted. Drop me an email..

djkurve AT gmail DOT com
MusicDan 2:48 PM - 26 March, 2009
Hey Kurve, I suggest that you call Mike and tell him what you want. Mention my name Danny Diaz or MusicDan and he should remember what I got. That way he knows off the bat what you are speaking of. Wish you the Best.

For everyone else the website is www.customrecords.com

If you want a sneak peak of what mine looks like gho to this site
www.americanmusical.com

Scroll all the way down. Don't forget to mention my name to Mike, I am not getting anything out of this, but it would be easier for you and nice for him to know that I am providing him with customers.
VJ Kurve 11:50 AM - 30 March, 2009
Quote:
Hey Kurve, I suggest that you call Mike and tell him what you want. Mention my name Danny Diaz or MusicDan and he should remember what I got. That way he knows off the bat what you are speaking of. Wish you the Best.

For everyone else the website is www.customrecords.com

If you want a sneak peak of what mine looks like gho to this site
www.americanmusical.com

Scroll all the way down. Don't forget to mention my name to Mike, I am not getting anything out of this, but it would be easier for you and nice for him to know that I am providing him with customers.

+1 Your buddy Mike does some cool stuff! I'm sure he'll be getting tons more customers. =) Thanks again Dan!
MusicDan 4:16 PM - 15 April, 2009
Hey Kurve, did you get a chance to get some labels? I installed mine and it looks great. Because they have a black background, they look better than the stock ones. It looks sick, more professional looking. The stock one kind of makes the NS7 look like a toy, IMHO. I will post a link for pics soon.
MusicDan 6:02 PM - 15 April, 2009
Here is a link to what mine looks like. Second and third post from the top.

bose.infopop.cc
DJ-Vision 8:31 PM - 15 April, 2009
thanks for sharing your pics Music Dan...nice job on the labels
DJ-Vision 8:33 PM - 15 April, 2009
under the record I tried using the butter rugs and found it to be to sensitive. I am using the regular slipmats and I think I'm getting a better feel with the plastic thin slipmats that come with the tech 1200s.
Zion-Prayz 12:16 AM - 16 April, 2009
The stock slipmats plus some Flying Carpets have been working great for me.
VJ Kurve 8:50 AM - 17 April, 2009
Hey Dan I got your email the other day and those slipmats look cool! I'm still working on a design for mine. Should be done by the end of the month. So how is your overall experience with the NS7???? Any videos to come???
MusicDan 7:49 PM - 17 April, 2009
Soon, by the way, those aren't slipmats, they are the vinyl that came with the NS7 that I had custom labels mad for them. I am sure you knew that but just to clear that up with everyone else.
VJ Kurve 9:38 AM - 18 April, 2009
Opps..Yeah that's what I meant. LOL! just came off a 12 hour shift and have been up for over 32 hours. =p
djmani 9:38 PM - 30 April, 2009
does anyone know if they will make colored records for the ns7 ??? i don't care much about the slipmat till i can see through the record?!!!!?!!?!??!?! holla

ns7 is the greatest~
Kosta G 7:31 AM - 22 September, 2011
Hello friends and djs, I need your help. I am from Grecce and live in Germany.
I need the templates from Numark ns7. Help, help, help, please
2Smooth420 6:09 PM - 22 September, 2011
I have the Glowtronics Slipmats along with the Glowtronics Clear vinyl on my NS7. and the glowtronic slipmats are WAY better then those cheap stock mats that come with the ns7 that have no give in them what so ever to even consider backspinning with. And since the slipmat i bought to replace the stock numark ones has a design on it, i bought the clear vinyl so i can see it. Looks pretty cool, and in complete darkness, you can see the slipmats glowing.
Papa Midnight 12:49 AM - 23 September, 2011
Quote:
Looks pretty cool, and in complete darkness, you can see the slipmats glowing.

Mind taking a few photos?
2Smooth420 3:31 AM - 30 September, 2011
I modified my Avatar on here to show you a picture of my ns7 with the mats and clear vinyl.

www.samash.com
Comes in a package of 2

www.samash.com
Only comes with 1 vinyl disc, must buy two to have both decks with clear vinyl.

Glowtronics does provide other designs too for the slipmats, but those are the ones i currently use. And i can say, my back spins are WAY better then the stock mats you get with the original package. all i need now is to get me one of those colored skins for my ns7 ;).
2Smooth420 3:32 AM - 30 September, 2011
oh and forgot to mention.......they were made for the ns7 and v7's. so no cutting the mat to make it fit.
Papa Midnight 3:33 AM - 30 September, 2011
That's pretty nice. I don't mind my current stock set-up (which I've acclimated to well, personally) but I wouldn't mind slapping those on the NS7 either, :) . If only I could figure out what I did with the wrenches....
2Smooth420 5:57 AM - 30 September, 2011
lol well you can get the wrenches at any home depot. I don't remember the exact measure ment of the nuts, but look in your manual, it'll tell you the L wrench you need to get to fix that. probably cost you 4 bucks at the most.

and its really nice, especially after you been playing for a while, and you shut off all the lights in the club and start a strobb light for a big build......WOW those things look good, and the design its just one, the have other designs.

I liked the stock slip mats myself, but when it came to a "Backspin" i couldn't do it without like swinging for a homerun in the world series lol. it was difficult to get those long lasting back spins that you could slowly cut off. but with these, i still have that tight feel for scratching, but at the same time i still have the slippery ness to backspin. It works for me, but everyone is different.

just thought i'd try to help