Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

What control vinyl is best?

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
beatdigger 8:13 PM - 17 August, 2012
Hello.
I recently bought an SL3 setup used. It came with ltd. ed. Guitar Center control vinyls that I do not like as they feel too thick and heavy and not enough like a real record.

When I go on Amazon I see a TON of choices. I wonder if everything I see will work with my SL3 and 2.4.2 or do I need to get certain ones?

Can anyone recommend compatible control vinyls that are a little thinner, lighter, and true to most actual records?

-Al
Rane, Support
RafaelM 9:35 PM - 17 August, 2012
The Original Black ones are going to the the best print. Colored ones can be too thin or wear faster because of the material used.
djbanno 6:19 AM - 20 August, 2012
My blues are pretty thin but my faves for feel are the clears.
All genuine Serato CV will work with what you have so you are good.
Check out a coupla threads on the subject below, just type "CV" into the search bar for a few more.

serato.com
serato.com

Good luck!
Rane, Support
RafaelM 4:38 PM - 20 August, 2012
Thanks djbanno!
beatdigger 7:29 PM - 20 August, 2012
Yes, thanks all.
I was only asking because I once saw in a thread that someone commented certain CV's are no longer compatible. I couldn't find the thread. I'm on Amazon looking at CV's now. Thanks.
-Al
Rane, Support
RafaelM 9:50 PM - 20 August, 2012
Any CVs that are not made by Serato will not work with the latest version. So as long as they are Original Serato Vinyl, they will work.

No Luis Vuitton or Gucci Vinyl lol
djbanno 10:44 AM - 21 August, 2012
Quote:
It came with ltd. ed. Guitar Center control vinyls

Throw these on ebay (if they are in good condition) and you might just cover the cost of your new CV's...
11:00 AM, 4 Sep 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.