Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Will Serato Video ever support Intel Graphic Card?

dj big chopps 10:05 PM - 27 March, 2012
Will Serato Video ever support Intel Graphic Card?
DJ Slimfamous 5:28 AM - 28 March, 2012
I would like to know as well. I recently purchased Serato and didn't purchase the Video-SL because I was waiting for the new Serato Video. Now I'm stuck with a demo version of Video-SL because I have an integrated Intel graphics card. These Intel graphics cards are very common and it would be be great to know if Serato is working on this or just going leave us out until we buy a new laptop.
Code:E 5:45 AM - 28 March, 2012
The integrated Intel graphics card is not a true graphic's card and should not be though of as one....
You realistically dont have a video card in your computer.
Yes they are very common because they are cheap and are not actually a graphics card like i said before... Support will most likely NEVER come for them. You need to buy a laptop with its own dedicated graphics chip. Integrated Intel graphics is just stealing power from your CPU to take on the function of translating 1's and 0's to video signal. Computers with there own graphic's chip is like having a second CPU and Ram set for doing nothing by displaying images.

Serato's not leaving you out. you have just chosen the wrong hardware... Thats like buying a old computer with only USB 1.1 ports and complaining that your SL3 (or SL4) wont work and waiting for Serato to fix it. Its a hardware issue that cannot simply be "fixed".

And im sure you will both here lots of this BUY A MAC!!!! if you want to do video, do some reading and you will see most video DJ's use MAC's cause they work that much better (and dont get the cheap 13inch MacBook Pro Or MacBook Airs, they have that same integrated Intel graphics card you have now and wont work any better)
Dj Nyce 3:21 PM - 28 March, 2012
i have Dell e6520 it has an nvidia NVS4200M w/512 mb and Intel HD Graphics. guess what, serato video doesn't work.

i have a macbook pro so this is not an issue for me, but this is a big problem.
hornsmaniac 4:19 PM - 28 March, 2012
I also have a Dell with the Intel graphics card. Instead of spending $2000 on a mac can I just have a computer tech change the graphics card on my Dell to one that is compatible??
Code:E 5:31 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
I also have a Dell with the Intel graphics card. Instead of spending $2000 on a mac can I just have a computer tech change the graphics card on my Dell to one that is compatible??

No
Not possible
phatbob 6:15 PM - 28 March, 2012
Dj Nyce, that's interesting mate...

Are you sure you've done everything you can to force that machine to use the dedicated GPU for SV, or just for everything?

Because if SV can't discriminate between:

A: Intel Graphics only

and

B: Intel Graphics PLUS a dedicated GPU

...then PC users are in a world of shit.
Code:E 6:35 PM - 28 March, 2012
I don t think SV can evendo that on a mac either. the switch between GC's is done on a level unaware to programs that might use them... Though i could be wrong aout this.
Dj Nyce 6:38 PM - 28 March, 2012
i've done everything. latest drivers both from intel and nvidia.

Intel Control Panel
3D: slider set to performance
Power Plan: Maximum Performance
all other settings are related to resolution, color and dual monitors

nVidia Control Panel
Slider set to performance *i've also tried custom w/global preferred graphics card set to High performance nvidia graphics card
PhysX set to NVS4200m
all other settings are related to resolution, color and dual monitors

from what i've read the switching happens automatically and there is nothing you can do to force serato to see the nvidia.

other apps such as After Effects, Premiere Pro & Nuke outperforms my 2011 macbook pro on this dell.
Code:E 6:48 PM - 28 March, 2012
Have you gone into the bois and see if theres a way to disable the intel card?
Code:E 6:48 PM - 28 March, 2012
*BIOS
phatbob 6:49 PM - 28 March, 2012
Nyce, do you have VideoSL on that system too?

When you run it, is there a way to see if the dedicated GPU is being utitilised?

Obviously I'm aware that you know your stuff, but this could be quite important for a lot of users so I think your testing is going to help a lot...
Dj Nyce 7:03 PM - 28 March, 2012
the bios cant set the card. pc's with intel hd and dedicated card uses uses 'optimus' which auto switches based on a variety of factors.

here's the good news. i added both serato and serato video to the program settings of the nvidia's 3D tab. when both are set High-Performance NVIDIA processor, i can now enable serato video in the plugins tab.

bad news serato video still doesn't work tho, it keeps crashing. ssl still runs i can choose effects, but no previews, and the output window locks.

all i have to say is if you have a pc and you want to do video...cancel christmas.
superstardjfrosty 7:16 PM - 28 March, 2012
Is it just the Intel cards? My backup computer is a PC running a built in Radeon card.

I guess I can test it, what if any issues may I see?
DJ-Sven 8:08 PM - 28 March, 2012
On some Laptops with Intel Graphics + additional Graphiccard the additional Card will only work, when the Laptop is AC powered.
Sean J 8:14 PM - 28 March, 2012
This is just ridiculous! i bought my NS7 and was told AMD processor would not work so I bought a new laptop. Now this, and you can't just change the video card like a PC! So mad!
Code:E 8:35 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
This is just ridiculous! i bought my NS7 and was told AMD processor would not work so I bought a new laptop. Now this, and you can't just change the video card like a PC! So mad!

Sean has no one told you to buy a mac yet? if not let me be the 1st.

BUY A MAC!!!!!!
phatbob 8:39 PM - 28 March, 2012
The question is, if you were intending to do video why didn't you buy a machine with a discrete graphics card in the first place?

Even if SV allowed the use of integrated Intel chips, performance still wouldn't exactly be much to write home about.
Code:E 8:41 PM - 28 March, 2012
I think this is only a problem because some people think they can just jump on the video bandwagon and there mad when they find out they dont have the correct hardware. I have no sympathy for people who dont do the research before they buy. It is all over this forum in so many places (i just wish serato would put it in the faq) Video can work on a PC, but if you want to do it seriously BUY A MAC.
Sean J 8:47 PM - 28 March, 2012
I had no intention on doing video, until the manager where I worked asked for 1. Plus the price difference from a mac is a lot, as you all know. I been a DJ for a long time just not into all the new computer parts so a little out of the new equipment. ( if you want to do it seriously BUY A MAC.) So because I'm not a know it all that makes me less of a DJ?
Code:E 9:02 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
I had no intention on doing video, until the manager where I worked asked for 1

My point people are asking for it and DJ's are jumping on the the bandwago without having the propor tools (a MAC)

Quote:
Plus the price difference from a mac is a lot, as you all know.

Just the cost of doing business.

Quote:
So because I'm not a know it all that makes me less of a DJ?

I never said that and dont think that...
I was a PC hold out for long time, look at my old posts.... But I learned from many people on this forum that MAC was the way to go.
My point is that people need to do there research before they jump into the video game and start complaining that there sub par equipment isnt working.

When i started into the Computer DJing game, i started on PCDJ red used it for 2 years until, VDJ 5 came out. Then I built a computer in a custom road case and then a couple more years later my 1st laptop (PC) that would do everything i wanted to with VDJ. including video. After a year of using that and upgrading my skills, Serato was the next move i needed to make. Then came my MAC. I really never wanted to buy a MAC (cause i hate them) but they work. As a professional my gear needs to work. There is a reason that almost every DJ i know plays on a mac. PC users are made fun of al the time and after switching i know why.

All Im saying Sean is educate your self. Im not saying to not ask questions, but dont get mad when your decisions lead you to buy the wrong gear and you need to upgrade again.

and one more thing PLEASE!!!!!! for the sake of al VJ's out there tell you boss your Pay doubles if he wants you todo video!!!! Videos cost lots more to buy than MP3's, hardware todo videos cost more(the mac) and also takes alot more work well playing to have a hi quality looking video set video set (planning transitions and such). Its not just turn on the video feature and now im a video DJ.
Mina 9:15 PM - 28 March, 2012
So what is the best MAC to get?
phatbob 9:18 PM - 28 March, 2012
15" or 17" MacBook Pro, early-2011 or later.
DJ-Sven 9:21 PM - 28 March, 2012
I don't think, that a MAC is the only way... but a Notebook in the lower priceclass is not the right way. If you buy a Windows Notebook upper the 1000 € Class, you'll get something useable.
Code:E 9:21 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
15" or 17" MacBook Pro, early-2011 or later.

+100000000
Do not get a 13 or an Air. they do NOT have a video card installed.

and if for some reason you where thinking a MAC mini (i was too at a point) Dont, they do not have video cards either. (though i wish they did).

I have seen one DJ in Vegas with an awesome bag and he carry's around a iMac... I was thinking of doing this for video shows, but I also use my computer for college so laptop made the most sense.
Sean J 9:22 PM - 28 March, 2012
That is why I am here to learn and thank you, I am frustrated I just want the proper equipment, the laptop I bought does great with the NS7. I just hate that stuff isn't compatible it's like there master plan to make you buy new equipment all the time. Also I been looking at the Mac now that this came up and it looks like they all have intel graphics
Code:E 9:26 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
I don't think, that a MAC is the only way... but a Notebook in the lower priceclass is not the right way. If you buy a Windows Notebook upper the 1000 € Class, you'll get something useable.

I had a $1800 HP laptop with 6 gbddr3, 2 500gb HD's, gt230 nivida dedicated 1 gb ddr5 Video card, and a Core i7.
Still had issues (and im a very advanced PC user) running video SL.....
Now that computer ran Serato and the bridge VERY well, but video just never worked right.
Code:E 9:27 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
it looks like they all have intel graphics

they do but the 15 and 17 inch one aslo have a second dedicated video card.
Code:E 9:28 PM - 28 March, 2012
from the apple website:

AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory on 2.2GHz configuration; or AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory on 2.4GHz configuration
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5
Automatic graphics switching!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ-Sven 9:48 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
I had a $1800 HP laptop with 6 gbddr3, 2 500gb HD's, gt230 nivida dedicated 1 gb ddr5 Video card, and a Core i7.

Still had issues (and im a very advanced PC user) running video SL.....

Now that computer ran Serato and the bridge VERY well, but video just never worked right.

6 GB Core i7 + gt230 1 gb ... wich Windows Version?
Code:E 9:51 PM - 28 March, 2012
windows 7 64bit
Sean J 9:51 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory on 2.2GHz configuration; or AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory on 2.4GHz configuration
Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5

So is this the 1!!! lol does it do it all?
Code:E 9:52 PM - 28 March, 2012
thats 2 different models

1 model has AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory on 2.2GHz configuration;
and Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory

The other has
AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory on 2.4GHz configuration and Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
DJ-Sven 6:43 AM - 29 March, 2012
@Code:E: With your HP ist should work. Are you Sure, that you use the gt230? Have you tried to install Serato Video instead of Video-SL ... because Serato Video don't work, if you use the internal Graphic of the i7 ... Video-SL does work with the internal graphic, but with big Problems.
Felonyruckus 7:33 AM - 29 March, 2012
Sean J,

I was long time anti-Apple for a long time. When I finally moved over to Apple I haven't looked back. I understand that price is an issue. I would rather have price be an issue rather than have my DJ programs be an issue because, if you spend a little money and get frustrated the money saved is the price of your time trying to figure out how to make it work for the program. My time to me is very important and expensive.

I know that the development of SSl and itch were done on Macs so you know for sure they are going to make it work.

If you look at most, not all but, most problems posted are from DJs that are using PCs. Again I'm no knocking PCs but, if you want something that will work with itch or SSL and Serato Video without much fuss. Save the money to get a Mac that suits your needs.

I have a 17" MacBook Pro from 2007 for SSl and collected other Macs. I recently just purchased a 2011 MacBook Pro with knowing I was going to use it for video.

If you do decide on a PC, really do your research and make sure its your dedicated DJing rig.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:54 AM - 29 March, 2012
I got a macbook off ebay 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo, 6GB Ram, put a 750GB/8GBssd Hybrid hard drive init. 512mb NVIDIA graphics card. It was in mint condition and i paid £750 for it! So you don't have to spend loads toget a mac.
Dj Nyce 2:39 PM - 29 March, 2012
ebay is an amazing market to get used macs. my first one was only $1200 us and it still had applecare.

i fought for 1.5 years with 3 different pc's before i got my first mac. from my experience i will tell you if you want to dj and i'm not talking bedroom it is in your career's best interest to get a mac.

pc's are great for everything else, just not dj'ing. #typing this on a dell
Code:E 5:02 PM - 29 March, 2012
Quote:
@Code:E: With your HP ist should work. Are you Sure, that you use the gt230? Have you tried to install Serato Video instead of Video-SL ... because Serato Video don't work, if you use the internal Graphic of the i7 ... Video-SL does work with the internal graphic, but with big Problems.

My HP didnt have an intel card also it only had the one.....
I have already sold that computer and bought a 17inch macbook pro.
I already knew all the tricks and tried everything for 6 months well owning it and no luck. Im glad i switched anyway. Cause as soon as i did i moved to ME. I dont need to praise ME on this thread so i will end it there.

@LJ_WOOLSEY I have that exact same HD sitting on my desk right now, just havent had time to install it into my mac. how do you like it?
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:38 PM - 29 March, 2012
Very fast and very quiet so far i am very pleased with the HD.
Code:E 8:43 PM - 29 March, 2012
I also order (and am still waiting for) a data doubler kit. I want to put my stock 750gb drive in where the optical drive is, and use the hybrid as my main drive. I think i will be 1.5 tb of internal space will be plenty :). I just hope I can install bootcamp on the drive inside optical bay.
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:02 AM - 30 March, 2012
Hey guys,

Short answer is, no, Serato Video will not support Intel Graphic Cards on Windows computers. If you do have a secondary graphics card of another manufacturer onboard, you may be able to use this.

Sorry this has not worked out for you, but I would recommend looking into upgrading your graphics card if it is a possibility.
Dj Nyce 4:15 PM - 30 March, 2012
Martin, do you know why Serato Video doesn't invoke the Nvidia graphics card on a system with IGU+Discrete GPU

Other apps such as Premiere Pro, After Effects and Nuke run perfectly and invoke the Discrete GPU. But Serato Video only sees the IGU. According to the Nvidia whitepaper the routing layer will use the discrete GPU for any app that trigger DX, DXVA and Cuda calls. Is serato video not using DXVA?

For everybody else i found a tool that let's you see which is card is active if you have optimus.
forums.laptopvideo2go.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:55 AM - 2 April, 2012
Hey Dj Nyce,

Yes, we are using DXVA, you should be able to set up your Nvidia graphics card in the Nvidia settings to run Serato Video.
Dj Nyce 5:05 AM - 2 April, 2012
Thanks for the Info Martin but even though you guys are using DXVA, optimus is not switching to the nvidia card.

if you set the nvidia card to be the global card, ssl doesn't even see it and you can't enable the serato video plugin.

if you set it the nvidia card to be preferred on a per application basis and add both the ssl.exe and serato video.exe, ssl now sees the nvidia card and allows you to enable serato video. with this setting the nvidia card is invoked (verified with the nvidia tool) but serato video crashes immediately. the video tab is displayed, you can choose effects but none of the previews display video.
Hou, Tx 7:25 AM - 2 April, 2012
Hi - Will an older imac with a video card of Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950 work with serato video ? Thanks
phatbob 8:54 AM - 2 April, 2012
Definitely not. That would be ridiculously underpowered for the job, even if it was compatible.
Hou, Tx 9:03 AM - 2 April, 2012
Ok - thanks for the info.
So the Imac will have to have an Nvida GC card with a dedicated amount of memory ?
phatbob 9:56 AM - 2 April, 2012
Sorry, I misread your earlier post... SV will install and run with a GMA chip, but it won't work well enough to use.

To be usable on an imac you do need a dedicated GPU, as you say.
Hou, Tx 9:57 AM - 2 April, 2012
ok. thanks for the info!
deejaySherman 6:21 PM - 2 April, 2012
Question, Here are my specs.. Will this be enough to run serato video. I am most concerned about my graphics card.

•2.2GHz Intel Core i7-2670QM quad-core processor
•Intel HM65 Express chipset
•64-bit processing
•16GB DDR3 SDRAM
•750GB 7200 RPM SATA/300 hard drive
•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M graphics with 3GB dedicated GDDR5 graphics memory
Code:E 7:53 PM - 2 April, 2012
Quote:
Question, Here are my specs.. Will this be enough to run serato video. I am most concerned about my graphics card.

•2.2GHz Intel Core i7-2670QM quad-core processor
•Intel HM65 Express chipset
•64-bit processing
•16GB DDR3 SDRAM
•750GB 7200 RPM SATA/300 hard drive
•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M graphics with 3GB dedicated GDDR5 graphics memory

That computer is great and has all the power needed and and is supported to work with Serato Video.

Problem though....
It a PC! (funny how it seems your tried to leave that out). What dose that mean for you. Yes Serato video SHOULD work. will it or can any of us guarantee it, NO. Will it work right out of the box? maybe, you will just have to try it. Most likely you will need todo some tweaking driver installs and uninstalls maybe some bios settings (though unless you have 2 videos cards in the computer maybe now).
deejaySherman 8:08 PM - 2 April, 2012
Yes it is a pc.
Code:E 9:21 PM - 2 April, 2012
There is nothing in your specs holding you back from getting serato video (or Video SL) to work on your computer... Let us know if you buy it and how well it works.. There are many PC users on here who would love that info.
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:20 AM - 3 April, 2012
Hey guys, if you are concerned about the program running on your computer or not, I recommend downloading the fully featured demo version first before purchasing.

Definitely check out our support articles too if you are starting out with Serato Video: serato.com
Code:E 12:41 AM - 3 April, 2012
Quote:
Hey guys, if you are concerned about the program running on your computer or not, I recommend downloading the fully featured demo version first before purchasing.

Definitely check out our support articles too if you are starting out with Serato Video: serato.com

Hey now thats an idea...... :)
Always the Serato Mods coming on the forum out of the blue with sensical idea's. Seems Legit.

No really you should do what he says...
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:21 AM - 3 April, 2012
Haha yep, trying out the performance of the program on your machine with the demo will potentially save you money :)

We are also happy to support any one using the demo trying to tweak their machine before purchasing.
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 1:31 AM - 3 April, 2012
@ dj big chopps,

Let us know how you got on and if you need further assistance regarding your setup.

@ Dj Nyce,

I understand that you have a grasp on what is going on here. You have stated that when choosing the specific application in the NVIDIA setup that Scratch Live and Serato Video do recognize the NVIDIA graphics card.
If the Serato Video plugin is crashing this will be another issue. Are you trying to load HD files and Serato Video is not responding well to this ? I suggest that you lower your buffer setting to 200MB and Quality to medium.

"The NVS series is optimized for business applications and stability and may therefore perform a bit worse in games due to the special drivers and BIOS optimizations."

"When Optimus™ is enabled, you will see two display adapters in Device Manager, which is another indicator that NVidia® Optimus™ technology is at work. Drivers for both display adapters are required for Optimus™ to work.

If you are concerned about being able to configure which card gets used with which application, don’t be. The Control Panel Applet allows you to configure each application to use the global settings to auto-select the appropriate adapter, or you can specify the integrated graphics or the NVidia® graphics to be used with the application."

One other scenario that has caused the preview screens not to be visible inside the plugin is Windows themes. Do you run a Windows theme on your laptop ? I would suggest reverting to Windows classic just for the purpose of testing.

Could I ask you to start your own help thread regarding this issue and we will assist you there as this thread has turned into a general discussion and we need to address everyones issue on a one to one basis.

Thanks

Anthony
Dj Nyce 3:06 AM - 3 April, 2012
yeah Anthony, i've been down this road before. i was just curious. i'm happy to use my late 2011 macbook pro for video and my dell for viz fx/music production. my curiosity is stopping right here.

i'll let the windows renegades work it out (:
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:45 AM - 3 April, 2012
Hey guys, can I close this help request up?

Or would you prefer for me to move this into general discussion so you can further discuss intel graphics cards?
Code:E 4:29 AM - 3 April, 2012
move it i would think.
Vjdjmarxx 9:41 AM - 11 April, 2012
I used my pc today on serato video and worked flawlessly. I have an HP DV6 Amd A8 Quad core 6gb ram. Turbo boost 2.4ghz. Radeon graphics. Used a Rane ttm57 mixer. It seemed that it was working as well as a Mac. I tested my pc on this rane device and streamed videos VGA output. Woked well no lag, no freezing, and the buffer to load each mp4 was instant. I got this laptop about 4 months ago. I read certain comments about AMD processors using serato scratch live or video isn't as compatible or causes malfunctioning, didn't happen this time. I want to continue running these tests with my laptop and spin with serato. If it seems to work properly still, I'll stay with my HP and save a grand for a Mac.
10:05 AM, 11 Apr 2012
Discussion moved to Serato Video and Video-SL General Discussion
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:05 AM - 11 April, 2012
Moved to Serato Video and Video-SL General Discussion :)
Dj_Bento 1:56 PM - 11 April, 2012
Unless i have missed the point because Code:E has filled this forum with MAC fan boy-ness. We want to know if this chip will ever be supported, as much as telling people to buy MACS and Laptops with dedicated graphics cards is an instant solution not all of us can afford to just drop our current setups because a new plugin wont work with it. I currently run both Serato Itch and Resolume Arena on my laptop and it works seamlessly with my Intel integrated i5 chip so i would at least like to know if Serato is going to give me a chance to at least try and run it. What have you got to loose? seriously?
DJ DisGrace 2:09 PM - 11 April, 2012
decoding two video files simultaneously really requires a dedicated GPU. that's all there is to it.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:09 PM - 11 April, 2012
Shit loads of djs moaning serato video dont work on there low end cheap ass pcs thats what they got loose they will spent all there time trying to sort issues that can not be sorted when they could be spending that time on real issues so it makes sence not to support something that is riddiled with issues.

If you going todo video you need to spend the money if you havnt got the money then video really isnt for you.

But as said on the forums loads of times if you want todo video on pc get vdj. as its works great on cheap pcs, i belive this is because vdj used directx and sv uses opengl and its opengl that is crap on a pc. maybe serato should have spent them two years making a directx version for the pc side.
Code:E 6:22 PM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
Shit loads of djs moaning serato video dont work on there low end cheap ass pcs

+1

Quote:
But as said on the forums loads of times if you want todo video on pc get vdj. as its works great on cheap pcs,

+10000000
Code:E 6:26 PM - 11 April, 2012
Serato has not weighed in yet. But if they had intention on adding something like this they would have by now. (example, people wanted mix tape back, they added it back in immediately and told of it).

So i answer this again. NO
Dj Nyce 10:18 PM - 11 April, 2012
this dell e6520 i'm on right now is not a cheap ass pc. it has a dedicated ndvidia gpu and it has a core i7 with intel hd graphics.

Serato Video will not run on it.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:21 PM - 11 April, 2012
another reason to use a mac. Serato and video and PC just does not work well at all. if you want todo video with issues and stress use a pc, want to use serato and video and have a happier life use a mac. its upto you what life you want LOL.
DJ'Que 10:24 PM - 11 April, 2012
Quote:
this dell e6520 i'm on right now is not a cheap ass pc. it has a dedicated ndvidia gpu and it has a core i7 with intel hd graphics.

Serato Video will not run on it.
I would Sell it and Get a Mac. and that not cause I have it.
Dj Nyce 10:38 PM - 11 April, 2012
I already have a Mac. Two MacBook pro's to be exact. I'm just making a point. It's not only cheap pc's that are having this problem.
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:41 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
Serato has not weighed in yet.

What about when I said this?

Quote:
Short answer is, no, Serato Video will not support Intel Graphic Cards on Windows computers. If you do have a secondary graphics card of another manufacturer onboard, you may be able to use this.
Felonyruckus 8:01 AM - 12 April, 2012
I'm pretty certain that Serato isn't going to go "backwards" on something. They said they don't support it and have (PLEASE READ) MINIMUM specs to make things work.

Minimum=lowest amount

ideally you want above that

Serato coded Scratch and Itch on a Mac...that's why it works so well. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with people being fanboys. They become backers of Macs because they've been on the PC side of things, cheap and/or expensive, and problem arise. Macs aren't perfect but, they do the job of Scratch Live, Itch , and Serato Video with (please read) MINIMUM amounts of problems.

Messing with a computer to get it to work correctly is definitely frustrating and time consuming.

Read the specs, roll the dice with a PC or spend extra money and get something that is proven.

It's like taking a normally aspirated car and turbo charging it...runs into problems
taking a car thats already turbo charged and it just works right from the showroom floor.
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:13 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:
It's like taking a normally aspirated car and turbo charging it...runs into problems
taking a car thats already turbo charged and it just works right from the showroom floor.

I like this :)

Can I also just add to it by saying, in the right hands a normally aspirated car that has been turbo charged can sometimes end up running a lot better than a factory stand turbo car.

If you don't know what your doing though, you are bound to have problems.

This is just my opinion though!
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:13 AM - 12 April, 2012
Quote:

Can I also just add to it by saying, in the right hands a normally aspirated car that has been turbo charged can sometimes end up running a lot better than a factory standard turbo car.

To be clear this is my own opinion, I'm sure some may disagree!
Code:E 8:35 PM - 13 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Serato has not weighed in yet.

What about when I said this?

Quote:

apology's I was wrong.... there's your answer.

Quote:
Quote:

Can I also just add to it by saying, in the right hands a normally aspirated car that has been turbo charged can sometimes end up running a lot better than a factory standard turbo car.

To be clear this is my own opinion, I'm sure some may disagree!

Best post on why you should buy a MAC if you not a PC expert yet....

And by expert, you are A++ certified, can build system from scratch, you know what the BIOS is and how to use, Can install your on OS, Maybe know so DOS (not cause you need it just cause you know that much), you know how to use all of the tools in the control panel, and if you like me Dont run a virus scanner on your computer because it either A. doesn't connect to the internet cause its you gig machine and you dont want it fucked up. or B. you not a idiot on the internet and dont get virus. Thats not to say i dont run a firewall.
DJAlex 11:21 PM - 20 April, 2012
Would an older macbook pro work with the following specs:

Processor
Processor Speed 2.4 GHz
Number of Cores Dual-Core

Motherboard
Bus Speed 800 MHz

Hard Drive
Hard Drive Capacity 200 GB
Hard Drive Rotation Speed 5400 RPM
Storage Controller Type Serial ATA

Memory
Installed RAM 2 GB
RAM Technology DDR2 SDRAM
Max Supported RAM 4 GB
RAM Speed 667 MHz
Installed Cache Memory 6144 KB

Video
Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Installed Video Memory 256 MB
Graphic Bus Interface PCI Express
popnwave 11:56 PM - 20 April, 2012
You could pull it off.. I wouldn't try anything HD wise though. And I would recommend bumping your RAM to 4GB.
phatbob 12:22 AM - 21 April, 2012
It's a bit long in the tooth, but should work OK. My testing machine is basically the same spec. Definitely chuck 4gb of ram in though.
Code:E 12:53 AM - 21 April, 2012
see if a firmware update will allow you to run 8gb, since the cost is so close to the same.
skinnyguy 2:33 AM - 21 April, 2012
sounds similar to my pre-unibody 2008 model. worked good with vsl. and great with mix emergency.
DJMark 5:23 AM - 21 April, 2012
Quote:
Would an older macbook pro work with the following specs:
Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

If this is a purchase you're considering, the answer is NO NO NO NO!

The nVidia 8600M GPU's all had a major process defect, and have essentially a 100 percent failure rate (sooner or later).

If this is a Mac you actually own, yes it will work with video okay, until the GPU eventually fails.
DJ Sergio B 6:39 AM - 21 April, 2012
I'm just chiming in here to say my new monster works awesome with SV - along side my NS7

Had to do very little tweaking - but the one thing people don't normally tell you about PC's and most live audio is that the ACPI battery driver will spike your shit HARD. No matter your specs.

...So when I'm going live - I disable it! (and my wireless - that shit will bust you too)

SONY VAIO 16.4" VCPF221FX
Core i7 2630QM 2.0 GHz
750 GB (5400 RPM)
8 GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M

no restrictions on effects - CPU hardly moves

DPC checker and LatencyMon both mark my highest routine execution at .403 (my graphic card)

if you don't know what that means - you're either a MAC user - or a PC user who isn't doing any research of their own - it really isn't hard.

i5 with a dedicated GPU is MORE than enough power to do it.
DJ Sergio B 6:45 AM - 21 April, 2012
!(butifyourecluessgobuyamac)!

for those who may read this and need some quick info:

Go to Device Manager and disable ((not uninstall! if you do this - you will have to reinstall windows for sure.)) "ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" - make sure you're plugged in via wall outlet when you go to do this or ACPI.sys will force start and spike harder.

this and turning off wireless has pretty much fixed every single PC I've used..expect my Lenovo...I didn't have to turn off the ACPI battery to run smooth with him....Not sure why - maybe its just cuz Lenovo is awesome.
DJ Quartz 5:50 PM - 23 April, 2012
I went to Windows 7 64-bit on my Dell Studio 1737 and it solved many problems out of the box I had to manually solve on the XP platform in the past.

Especially with video issues, it's like I got a new laptop.
DJ Quartz 5:52 PM - 23 April, 2012
Also,

Advise to anyone buying a Windows laptop, just make sure and get one with an ATI or Nvidia graphics card.

My preference is ATI, based on the theory that Mac's use ATI chips so the compatibility in the code technically already there.
Code:E 6:04 PM - 23 April, 2012
Quote:
Advise to anyone buying a Windows laptop, just make sure and get one with an ATI or Nvidia graphics card.

Is there any other kind (or brand ) out there.... I dont think so.

People really just need to understand that the INTEL GRAPHIC is NOT a true graphics card.
DJ-Sven 8:59 PM - 23 April, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Is there any other kind (or brand ) out there.... I dont think so.

People really just need to understand that the INTEL GRAPHIC is NOT a true graphics card.

Matrox is another manufactor for graphics!

But you said it: "Intel Graphic is NOT a graphic card" - it's only a better CPU wich can calculate some pixels ;-)
Code:E 8:10 PM - 24 April, 2012
No matrox is like evga and about 1000 others out there. the chips are all made but ATI (AMD) or Nvidia.

Quote:
But you said it: "Intel Graphic is NOT a graphic card" - it's only a better CPU wich can calculate some pixels ;-)

Your right i should have said Intel Graphic's in not a dedicated graphic card. And a dedicated graphic card is what you need to run Serato video.
DJ CHACH 3:31 AM - 25 April, 2012
Why is it that VDJ can run on Intel graphics but not Serato? Very confused. Serato needs to learn how to adapt. And MAC is not the best CPU! Why would anyone buy a 17" MAC when they can get the ASUS LAMBORGHINI?
Code:E 4:03 AM - 25 April, 2012
Cause there completely different programs. Why dose Modul8 only work on a Mac, why dose Martin Light Jockey only work on a PC. Its all programming. There is one reason on why to buy a mac. It will work! If not go to the store and return it for a working one. You can be guaranteed a mac will work. You cant on ANY PC. Lots of software is optimized to work on apple architecture. Its just a matter of using the right tool for the job. Computers like that Asus have more power, and are hands down more powerful . It just wont work as well as a Mac. I don't tell people to buy a mac because there are better, I tell them to buy one because they work better.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:31 AM - 25 April, 2012
Quote:
Why is it that VDJ can run on Intel graphics but not Serato? Very confused. Serato needs to learn how to adapt. And MAC is not the best CPU! Why would anyone buy a 17" MAC when they can get the ASUS LAMBORGHINI?

I keep asking this BUT NO ONE EVER ANSWERS,

VDJ = DirectX

Serato Video = Open-GL

Directx works loads better on lower end Graphics.

It was hinted years ago somewhere that serato might ''MIGHT'' make a driectX version for PC users. But Guess they did'nt bother with that in the end.

Open-gl on a PC buggy. On Mac OSX Solid.
phatbob 11:05 AM - 25 April, 2012
Realised that I knew very little about OpenGL vs DirectX so I just did a bit of reading up on the subject after LJ Woolsey's post.

This article is quite interesting: blog.wolfire.com
DJ Quartz 2:17 PM - 25 April, 2012
That was a good read. I've always knew of the two standards but this article broke it down nicely.
DJ Quartz 2:17 PM - 25 April, 2012
And open gl on a PC is not buggy.
DJ Quartz 3:19 PM - 25 April, 2012
Video-SL supported Direct X, so this might come in a next release point, ie 1.1
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:31 PM - 25 April, 2012
video sl supported direct x??? U sure?

Open gl drivers are more buggy on a pc.

Anyway was there some good info in that link? Aint got time to read it at the mo lol.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:20 PM - 25 April, 2012
Oh! Nice article phatbob!
phatbob 11:32 PM - 25 April, 2012
I expect there are conflicting opinions out there, but as someone who knows very little about DirectX vs OpenGL I found it very illuminating!
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:54 PM - 25 April, 2012
Yeah, Im not very knowledgeable on the subject myself either, and perhaps that article is biased, but it does sound like OpenGL is essentially a superior product, potentially in danger of being squashed/wiped out by DirectX. Lame!
nik39 7:45 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
I keep asking this BUT NO ONE EVER ANSWERS,

VDJ = DirectX

Serato Video = Open-GL

Directx works loads better on lower end Graphics.

I don't think this is correct. Direct X is just being better supported by the graphic card drivers than OpenGL on Windows. So.. most Windows apps use Direct X. I assume VDJ also uses Direct X, so their software runs better than other software which uses Open GL.

It's not the graphic card's (I'll be calling the Intel onboard GPU's also a graphic card) fault, because as you can see.. even the Intel non-dedicated graphic cards work fine in OSX (and SV/VSL)! The same hardware performs weakly with OpenGL in Windows.

I blame the drivers.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:43 AM - 26 April, 2012
Lol but the point is still the same directX works better on a pc Windows. On a mac open-gl works fine.

So if they just made an direct-x version for pc things would prob run alot better.
Like all the pc ppl using vdj with video it works totaly fine with sv it dont work.

They could even do some sort of option to use open-gl or directX on a windows pc.
nik39 10:41 AM - 26 April, 2012
Quote:
Lol but the point is still the same directX works better on a pc Windows.

What do you mean?
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:15 PM - 26 April, 2012
For god sake REALLY?? buy 200 windows laptops install serato video and vdj video see how many work with vdj and how many work with sv. And how stable they are. Then you will know sv sucks! Why cuz it uses open-gl. Whether it is a driver conflic or shit drivers or windows just does not like open gl its a fact directX runs better.

How you lot can not see this i am confused! What ever the problem it can not be fixed so serato might aswell go with directX for windows users?

But i use a mac so fuck it who cares was just trying to help the pc lovers.
nik39 3:06 PM - 26 April, 2012
Was this post directed at me?

Sorry, I was asking because I did not understand what you were trying to say.
Dj Nyce 3:39 PM - 26 April, 2012
DirectX11 vs OpenGL Round 1, Fight!!!
Cerebro Settings
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @ 5 GHz
Mem: G.Skill RipjawsX DDR 1866 16GB
Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 @ 742 Mhz Clock, 950 Mhz Memory, 1484 Mhz Shader *normally in SLI, but one of fittings was leaking so this is a single card test.
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 Raid 0

Unigine Heaven Settings
Stereo 3D: disabled
Shaders: High
Tessellation: Normal
Anisotropy: 4
Anti-Aliasing: Off
Full-Screen: Yes
Resolution: 1920x1080

Results *best scores bolded
Unique Heaven OpenGL
FPS: 45.0
Scores: 1132
Min: 17.1
Max: 98.3

Unique Heaven DirectX11
FPS: 48.9
Scores: 1232
Min: 28.3
Max: 111.5
DJ CHACH 11:17 AM - 27 April, 2012
I am having issues with some video files not being recognized with sv. There is no problem with vdj or traktor so I know its not the file. Anyone else having problems with video files?
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:58 AM - 30 April, 2012
Hey DJ CHACH,

I would recommend trying to convert the files using a program called handbrake: serato.com

Further to that, I would recommend starting a separate help request so someone from our support team can provide you assistance individually.
Spice dj 6:11 AM - 8 May, 2012
@ serato why not make a Direct X version that works then,
simply saying Go Buy a mac is not a good enough answer for me , You're supposed to be the best out there arent you? thats whe we all invested in you,

your video add on aint cheap you charge" £150" for this ive seen at least 50 people say they are uable to use this , thats £7500 youve lost already . there are thousands of laptops out there with this chipset if its possible why arent you doing it?

wake up serato !

if cheaper dj software can make this happen it looks bad on you if you cant make this happen in serato..
your whole thing lateley with dj intro it seems is to let everybody be a dj

well why not make this much more expensive option work on every computer possible then and let every scratch dj be a vdj no matter what computer you use

if i were you i would have had a direct x version made for pc years ago, it seems a bit lazy to just say no when others can do it with direct x thats all im saying...

and before you mac lovers start

yes i do have a macbook pro already
no i dont use it for serato use a pc with a intel graphics card windows 7 64bit
but it looks like im being forced to go buy another mac for £2000 instead of paying £150 for your video add on.
Spice dj 6:16 AM - 8 May, 2012
if i ran serato you best belive i would have a direct x version for sale now and id be take all you £150 to the bank and pushing up those profits, i bet if the top guy in serato knew he was losing all this money heads would roll
Code:E 6:11 PM - 8 May, 2012
Quote:
simply saying Go Buy a mac is not a good enough answer for me , You're supposed to be the best out there arent you? thats whe we all invested in you,

And all of the best DJ use a mac..... SO buy a mac and bitching.
Ya it sucks. I know there expensive, but if your serious you buy a mac. I know this is a real jaded out look but real Video DJ's use a mac everyone else is just posing. (unless your using VDJ, then PC FTW)
skinnyguy 8:26 PM - 8 May, 2012
Quote:
...i bet if the top guy in serato knew he was losing all this money heads would roll

because we all know how much serato is really pulling in, right?
RjDj419 2:26 AM - 16 December, 2012
Or buy Mix Emergency and be able to use the intel graphics card. If you insist on not buying a Mac...then your ONLY option is to purchase and use ME.

It is $200 and does many of the same things as the latexts S-V. I prefer Serato...but when you get your MBpro stolen, and you have a notebook...that is the only option I had to continue working.

When it comes to the best DJ's out there...I had a couple of DJ's using Mix Emergency at the DJ expo in Vegas...so it isnt a strech or an inferior product.
phatbob 7:17 AM - 16 December, 2012
Quote:
Or buy Mix Emergency and be able to use the intel graphics card. If you insist on not buying a Mac...then your ONLY option is to purchase and use ME.

It is $200 and does many of the same things as the latexts S-V. I prefer Serato...but when you get your MBpro stolen, and you have a notebook...that is the only option I had to continue working.

When it comes to the best DJ's out there...I had a couple of DJ's using Mix Emergency at the DJ expo in Vegas...so it isnt a strech or an inferior product.

1. Really old thread

2. WTF are you talking about? MixEmergency is mac only.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:12 PM - 16 December, 2012
Lol that was one funny dumb post!
NBdaGreat 11:10 PM - 18 December, 2012
I got tired of reading the crap CODE:E was putting up here about dedicated video cards. Here's a little test I did. I installed Mac Lion on a VMWare on my Lenovo running windows 7, I5 turbo boost technology (2.60 GHZ) Intel HD Graphics 3000, 8GB DDR3 and guess what, Video SL works on the VMWare. So which leads to say, it's more on the operating system and not just graphic card alone. Majority of Macs uses Intel graphic cards.. read up on it.. I'm doing more test to find a work around this crap..
Code:E 11:54 PM - 18 December, 2012
I may be the most vocal but an I am not the only one saying that.

Also I'm fully aware that it is the OS more than the card. But on this forum its not ok to talk about Hackintosh's. Most users on here are not anywhere close to your level (apparently). I could inform everyone of every little work around and detail; I know but i find it to be a waste a of time. Most people wont take the time to read a post that goes on on tangents talking about every single little thing you can do if your start enough and have enough time to test and tinker. I'm more than willing to take criticism on how i word my posts. I know i come off as harsh and rude sometimes. I know when i was new to this I would have appreciated straight no BS answers that get me to the point I'm looking to find out. That's all I'm trying todo. Yeah! go pat yourself on the back you made me look like a I don't know what I'm talking about all because I left out some details that I though would make it easier for people to come to the conclusion most other Video DJ's have. Mac's work better. Instead of talking shit about someone why don't you try to be more constructive and inform people of the work around you have come up with.
Code:E 11:57 PM - 18 December, 2012
Also I'm interested to know Did Video SL have any restrictions in that system. DId you actually try and play a few tracks? Why did you not try with Serato Video. And well your testing give ME a test also. I'm intertest to see the performance you are getting on a VMWare System.
NBdaGreat 12:05 AM - 19 December, 2012
I wasn't talking shit about you or anybody here. I just didn't like the "Just buy a mac". I have a mac pro that works great with Video SL but before I got the Mac I was using windows just like everyone else that don't want to spend the 2 grand. As far as the test, I wanted to see if Video SL will crash like it does on the windows host but it didn't on the VM. I connected the NS6 to it and it freezes the entire VM so of course you can't use the hardware in a VM. but as far as the plugin itself. Now I'm trying to see if I can exploit the settings the OS X uses for SL Video on a MAC. This will take some time but when I have the answer, I will sure post it up here. No hard feelings Code: E.. Just trying to find a work around. I still love my Windows system and it will be great to have it as a backup.
NBdaGreat 12:09 AM - 19 December, 2012
what I meant to say was:: As far as the plugin itself, it works. I'm trying to see if I can exploit the settings the OS X uses for SL Video on a "PC"
Code:E 12:11 AM - 19 December, 2012
I'm stilla windows guy too.... i would consider myself a Advanced PC/Windows users and I couldn't get a $2000 Windows 7 Laptop to run Serato Video.... When i Jumped to mac it was night and day. Everything just worked. That's why I tell everyone to just buy a mac. Do i expect everyone to go on my word alone, no. Just making my experiences know so people can make an informed decision.
skinnyguy 3:15 AM - 19 December, 2012
It's easier to tell the majority to get a Mac to save them the headache and loss of time and money. The majority also aren't windows power users. And all the og vid guys here and have been around to see the discussions all know a major difference is in the os itself.
dj big chopps 8:39 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
I'm stilla windows guy too.... i would consider myself a Advanced PC/Windows users and I couldn't get a $2000 Windows 7 Laptop to run Serato Video.... When i Jumped to mac it was night and day. Everything just worked. That's why I tell everyone to just buy a mac. Do i expect everyone to go on my word alone, no. Just making my experiences know so people can make an informed decision.

Thats why I bought a MAC. Everything just seemed to work correctly with no issues....
DJMark 1:11 AM - 20 December, 2012
The problem with people who talk about doing non-standard things (like "hackintoshes" and somehow jamming two 2TB drives into a MacBook Pro LOL LOL LOL) is:

Those posts always seem to be more about self-indulgent bragging, rather than any useful (or accurate, for that matter) information.

More to the point... would any professional DJ rely on some unsupported kludge to work perfectly in a big club on New Year's Eve? Or at someone's wedding?
nik39 12:37 PM - 20 December, 2012
Word.
Dj ListenDat 2:30 PM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:
I got tired of reading the crap CODE:E was putting up here about dedicated video cards. Here's a little test I did. I installed Mac Lion on a VMWare on my Lenovo running windows 7, I5 turbo boost technology (2.60 GHZ) Intel HD Graphics 3000, 8GB DDR3 and guess what, Video SL works on the VMWare. So which leads to say, it's more on the operating system and not just graphic card alone. Majority of Macs uses Intel graphic cards.. read up on it.. I'm doing more test to find a work around this crap..

Wow awesome !!! I'll test that :)
Dj ListenDat 2:33 PM - 20 December, 2012
Quote:
course you can't use the hardware in a VM

Why ?
jonnyboy2005 6:55 PM - 26 December, 2012
I've been using Serato for 5 yrs now (audio version only atm), and I think it's very reliable and stable for my audio playing.

This is why I thought of using it as first choice for my video playing.

I purchased the Video Plugin And guess what....... INTEL Based Graphics chipset in my laptop, didn't think of checking it beforehand because I thought if other companies can make it work, then I'm sure Serato could, and could do it very well. (ooops, how wrong I was!)
:O(

Personally I think it's very anal of Serato to turn around and give a big middle finger up to all of it's users who run onboard intel based graphics chipsets on windows based laptops! when there are ways and means to get videos playing fine.

I'm not prepared to buy ANOTHER laptop, as the one I have is more than adequate to play music videos!

I know that for a fact because I've tried, and can, use most other companies video DJ type software on the same laptop, and they will play videos fine for hours with no problems!

I wanted to use Serato because of that extra piece of mind when playing out somewhere.

And before all of you "MACBOOK" users pipe up, I will say now that I will not buy a MACBOOK! and spend in the region of another £700-£2000 (depending on where you shop) on another laptop! Out of the question, because I don't need to.

That is not a dig at apple users by the way as I am a great fan of unix based os's, as they are very reliable.

My main PC at home runs Linux Server, and another pc at home uses a linux based work station for my general day to day work.

Once again, my current laptop plays videos fine (other companies software), and is still playing audio fine (Serato) for 5yrs now.

I'm not going to babble out the specs of my laptop, when all I want to do is to air my views on the issues of Serato only making their software compatible to play on only a small selection of platforms, when there are a wider variety of platforms out there!

Especially when the platforms are there to be used, and are capable of being used. (That's why other companies use them!)

Come on Serato, sort it out!!! otherwise other companies for video dj'ing will eventually take over from you at video playing. And most of these companies already tie their software together with playing audio as well!
DJRemixEnt 7:05 PM - 26 December, 2012
Quote:
I've been using Serato for 5 yrs now (audio version only atm), and I think it's very reliable and stable for my audio playing.

I purchased the Video Plugin And guess what....... INTEL Based Graphics chipset in my laptop, didn't think of checking it beforehand because I thought if other companies can make it work, then I'm sure Serato could, and could do it very well. (ooops, how wrong I was!)

Personally I think it's very anal of Serato to turn around and give a big middle finger up to all of it's users who run onboard intel based graphics chipsets on windows based laptops! when there are ways and means to get videos playing fine.

I'm not prepared to buy ANOTHER laptop, as the one I have is more than adequate to play music videos!

I know that for a fact because I've tried, and can, use most other companies video DJ type software on the same laptop, and they will play videos fine for hours with no problems!

I wanted to use Serato because of that extra piece of mind when playing out somewhere.

And before all of you "MACBOOK" users pipe up, I will say now that I will not buy a MACBOOK! and spend in the region of another £700-£2000 (depending on where you shop) on another laptop! Out of the question, because I don't need to.

That is not a dig at apple users by the way as I am a great fan of unix based os's, as they are very reliable.

My main PC at home runs Linux Server, and another pc at home uses a linux based work station for my general day to day work.

Once again, my current laptop plays videos fine (other companies software), and is still playing audio fine (Serato) for 5yrs now.

I'm not going to babble out the specs of my laptop, when all I want to do is to air my views on the issues of Serato only making their software compatible to play on only a small selection of platforms, when there are a wider variety of platforms out there!

Especially when the platforms are there to be used, and are capable of being used. (That's why other companies use them!)

Come on Serato, sort it out!!! otherwise other companies for video dj'ing will eventually take over from you at video playing. And most of these companies already tie their software together with playing audio as well!

Watchwww.youtube.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:30 PM - 26 December, 2012
Quote:

I agree but I truly believe Serato could give 2 shits less cause of Mix Emergency piggybacking and doing all the work but even then that only works on a Mac as Well.
DJRemixEnt 8:03 PM - 26 December, 2012
Quote:

would it be that much of a pain in the ass to save up for a laptop that you know will be more than capable of handling videos, that you wont have to waste time tweaking and fucking around with just to get it to work at its full potential?

and instead of jumping on here crying about what serato isnt doing... why dont you use the other software if it does what you need it to do?

you wouldnt buy a chevy astro and then jump on Chevy's forums bitching about why it doesnt have a supercharged V8 pushing 400 horses. --- you know damn well a performance engine works best with a performance vehicle designed for that engine.

it only makes sense for a company to spend their time and resources working with hardware that gives them the least amount of problems and allows their software to work the best at its full potential.

unfortunately time is money and wasting time fuckin with shit that doesnt work smoothly is a waste of both.

i really didnt want to drop 2500 on a Macbook pro, but when i realized how much time i wasted "tweaking" my windows machines, and i saw how all the guys that had a Macbook and everything just worked right out of the box, then i had to suck up my pride and save up to buy one.

bottome line: I want to offer the best dj experience i can to my crowds/customers, and using top of the line gear that is proven to work to minimize any chance of experiencing problems during my gigs is most important to me.
nik39 8:47 PM - 26 December, 2012
Serato is not hiding the fact that the software does nit support intel cards.
Culprit 7:57 AM - 28 December, 2012
any way we can get a reg file to enable intel hd cards just for testing purposes? that should not be a big deal for serato to do on the next beta version of SV in the next.. 5 years or so
Dj ListenDat 11:43 PM - 29 December, 2012
Intel + DXVA or Quicksync support would handle it without any trouble but i think for real they don't give a shit about PC
dj big chopps 10:06 AM - 7 January, 2013
The thing only problem I had with converting from PC to MAC was rebuilding years of custom crates and playlist from Scratch Live.... I guess I should have went with MAC in the first place
Code:E 6:06 PM - 7 January, 2013
Quote:
The thing only problem I had with converting from PC to MAC was rebuilding years of custom crates and playlist from Scratch Live.... I guess I should have went with MAC in the first place

I called the guys at serato when i changed and they helped me over the phone so i didnt have to remake any folders
Funkytownstopsix 7:24 PM - 8 January, 2013
FYI I have the intel switchable graphics card 1gig ati and I have no issues in telling it what to do. I added both Serato DJ and Video to the use maximum settings tab which is suppose to force it to use the ATI. I then backed that up by changing power settings to run while plugged in at Maximum settings which should always run the ATI instead of the intel hd... I am doing all of this in windows 8 at the best settings,,,,,, testing using the melt transition which is the most demanding.

One more thing if you have a PC and not downloaded codec to run directshow it wont work anyway unless the codec where on you system before. Codec can make the difference trust me. Like Dj Nyce said in his post above I had the same issues for about 10 mins I then I downloaded suggested codec from Serato and no issue what so ever. To be honest if not for Mix Emergency I would never use my Mackbook pro, for me that's the only thing that beats my pc laptop out.
Culprit 3:32 AM - 9 January, 2013
if the guys at serato would let some of us test our intel cards against serato video with the new "Intel QuickSync Decoder - HW accelerated FFDShow decoder with video processing" then maybe they could offer a possible solution to this crisis.

Seriously Sam, Serato, anyone. Petition time? NAMM is around the corner too guys I highly suggest those serious speak up then.
Culprit 3:35 AM - 9 January, 2013
Culprit 3:37 AM - 9 January, 2013
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:20 AM - 9 January, 2013
I think if Serato would just add the codecs as part of the installer it might help to take some of the burden off of pc users. I mean most software will give you whats needed to run the program as part of the install and not tell you to follow this link only after you have problems......
DJ_Esco 4:10 AM - 12 January, 2013
I just sold on craigslist my intel i7 HP Pavilion DV7 because Serato DJ and Itch did not support my video card.
Funkytownstopsix 3:27 PM - 13 January, 2013
Quote:
FYI I have the intel switchable graphics card 1gig ati and I have no issues in telling it what to do. I added both Serato DJ and Video to the use maximum settings tab which is suppose to force it to use the ATI. I then backed that up by changing power settings to run while plugged in at Maximum settings which should always run the ATI instead of the intel hd... I am doing all of this in windows 8 at the best settings,,,,,, testing using the melt transition which is the most demanding.

One more thing if you have a PC and not downloaded codec to run directshow it wont work anyway unless the codec where on you system before. Codec can make the difference trust me. Like Dj Nyce said in his post above I had the same issues for about 10 mins I then I downloaded suggested codec from Serato and no issue what so ever. To be honest if not for Mix Emergency I would never use my Mackbook pro, for me that's the only thing that beats my pc laptop out.

@ DJ ESCO didn't look up the specs on your laptop but if it is just and intel video card we know it will not work... I have the hp envy with switchable graphics using windows 8 works like a champ.. check it out. www.vdjbig.com I am a PC guy for life but I will tell you to save yourself some issues buy a mac on ebay they are cheap then get you a pc that works you will feel better. Most of the higher end HP's are known to be working. Good Luck if your still going the pc route check out these links. serato.com and serato.com
DrumNBless 6:25 AM - 15 January, 2013
I7 sandy bridge Q2630, Nvidia GTX460, 8gb ram, 750GB 7200rpm sata drive...Running the demo on "Best settings" Worked perfect out of the box but tweaking some of the settings "buffer" and such actually made it act up...going to do some more testing but I'm leaning toward buying the full version. Oh and hardware is my TTM57sl...it is amazing for this and Mixtape:) Just like the Official rep said, try it before you buy it and thank you Serato for letting us demo it first. Aloha and God Bless
xplicit 3:49 AM - 20 January, 2013
Please serato make this work, i have a macbook pro mc700lla with 8gigs ram and intel 3000 graphics, i cannot afford another mac now. Please make serato video work.
if anyone ha any way or alternatives let me know..
Thanks
phatbob 11:30 AM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:
Please serato make this work, i have a macbook pro mc700lla with 8gigs ram and intel 3000 graphics, i cannot afford another mac now. Please make serato video work.
Thanks

It will work with the Intel integrated graphics on Mac. I have that exact machine myself.

You don't have as much power as a machine with a dedicated GPU, so don't expect to be running HD and multiple FX all the time, but for regular SD content it's fine.

But as you own a Mac you should buy MixEmergency instead of Serato Video anyway, as it is more efficient and just better all round.
DJ Reflex 1:34 PM - 20 January, 2013
I bought a Dell Inspiron 1545 (Windows XP) years ago solely for Serato. Video-SL works... barely, but I can show videos. (All specs set to minimum.) I downloaded SL 2.4 to fix a few bugs in 2.3, but obviously Serato Video does not work because of the Intel graphics card.

I have both versions installed - 2.4 for music and 2.3 for Video-SL yet. Kind of a pain, but until Serato supports Intel or I buy a Mac, this is the best it's going to get. Would be nice to use 2.4 with my current laptop though... maybe Intel support???
xplicit 6:00 PM - 20 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks

It will work with the Intel integrated graphics on Mac. I have that exact machine myself.

You don't have as much power as a machine with a dedicated GPU, so don't expect to be running HD and multiple FX all the time, but for regular SD content it's fine.

But as you own a Mac you should buy MixEmergency instead of Serato Video anyway, as it is more efficient and just better all round.

That's good to know but bad thing is I'm going to be doing hd bids but compressed and what's the mix emergency about.. How does it work? I with serato ssl?
phatbob 6:27 PM - 20 January, 2013
If you are planning on using mostly HD content you should replace your laptop with a 15" Macbook Pro with a dedicated GPU. Simple.

You want to play cutting edge content, you are gonna have to put your hand in your pocket and use a machine built with pro video use in mind.

MixEmergency is an alternative to Serato Video which links into Scratch Live in a similar way.

Both plugins have free demo versions so you should try both. But MixEmergency is undoubtedly the superior plugin.
xplicit 7:03 PM - 20 January, 2013
Ok thanks alot phatbob... I'll test it out and later on when I can afford one with discreet graphics ill pick one up..
This is the setup I have hopefully the vid will run ok..

macbook pro mc700lla 8gigs Intel 3000
Pioneer cdjs 850
Rane ttm57sl
Blackmagic Intensity usb
Code:E 10:29 PM - 20 January, 2013
Listen to PhatBob he speaks the truth.
And ME is amazing!
DJ Reflex 2:25 AM - 21 January, 2013
Undoubtedly, I will have to go Mac soon enough if I want to keep up in the video mixing market! * sigh *
DJ CHACH 1:13 AM - 4 March, 2013
I have an ASUS G75. Works great with Serato Video and its one powerful machine for a low cost. Mac is great and all but not for the money. Just giving everyone some info just in case they don't have the money for a Mac. Also you can upgrade the ASUS at a reasonable price and has a second bay for an additional hard drive. Keeping all your audio files seperate from your program files is a good thing to do.
Code:E 5:10 AM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
Just giving everyone some info just in case they don't have the money for a Mac.

You have given zero info actually and clearly don't know what you are talking about.
skinnyguy 6:33 AM - 4 March, 2013
A lot of us don't have money to gamble on getting a PC that MIGHT work. Nor do we have time to tweak and test or possibly get a refund. Time is also money to many of us. We rather skip all that bs and get to DJ-ing ASAP with less worries.
Funkytownstopsix 1:15 PM - 4 March, 2013
Normally I don't agree with Skinnyguy :) but he is correct. I myself have a mac so for me it was shit's and giggles as I wanted a new pc laptop anyway. Do the research or buy the ones that people have confirmed to work other than that you will be taking laptops back and paying a restocking fee been there done that.

Now with that being said I hardly use my mac now as my pc gets the job done!! It's all about preference and that's the good thing about it you can use whatever you perfer. Some don't want to pay for that over priced MAC not mad at you, just understand that it may come with more problems that you can think of..... If you want it to work out the box with no worries then you know what to do. PAY OUT THE ASS.....
DJ CHACH 5:17 PM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Just giving everyone some info just in case they don't have the money for a Mac.

You have given zero info actually and clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I gave you the model # of my Asus. If you are smart enough you can check the specs out on it and compare it to the Mac. It blows the Mac away. Remember its not the name brand of the computer, its whats inside. I take it you have the expensive photo shop computer "Mac Pro".
DJ DisGrace 5:28 PM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
you can check the specs out on it and compare it to the Mac. It blows the Mac away

LOL

Like this has anything to do with how well Serato Video runs. You got lucky with the drivers, and don't make it seem like it's anything more than that.
Code:E 6:30 PM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
you can check the specs out on it and compare it to the Mac. It blows the Mac away

LOL

Like this has anything to do with how well Serato Video runs. You got lucky with the drivers, and don't make it seem like it's anything more than that.

Exactly.

Chach take some time do some reading. Assuming your telling the truth and your PC does work flawlessly you found 1 in 1000 (or more) that worked.
The Model number you gave was a series number and there are many different configuration that come under that series. You got lucky, that is all. No guarantee that any other one will work.

There is a thread started where you should report you findings. But people are going to want to know your Bios settings, driver versions for pretty much everything in your computer, tech specs of every part, OS version you are running, what version of the software you have installed, what setting your computer is at and posting a video to prove it works wouldn't hurt either.
skinnyguy 6:33 PM - 4 March, 2013
it's not all specs. it's the os.

it's been proven on people with hackintosh's when the mac vs pc wars first started here. same hardware. dual boot systems. ssl, and esp sv, runs smoother on the mac os.
Funkytownstopsix 6:52 PM - 4 March, 2013
^^^
True True,,,, the damn good old days rippin dvds and what not.

But don't beat a guy down because he has a working pc lucky or not. I too have been told that the Asus work with Serato by a few friends. I know my HP Envy works. Why be mad if some uses a mac or a pc anyway....

One of my buddies purchased a new MacBook Pro with retnia ? Anyway, he came of to my house to show it off I let him set up and it worked flawless..... as it should for the cost : ) then I said let me show you my laptop, its a DUHHH PC running windows 8,,, he started laughing but in the end he was very sad that he paid more than twice as much and I can still do what he does flawlessly I might add, maxed out on all levels. As a matter fact he will be buying the same Envy model to use as a back up. THE END....
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:59 PM - 4 March, 2013
Guess he didnt switch ME on and show your pc with serato video the door step lol!
Code:E 7:02 PM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
But don't beat a guy down because he has a working pc lucky or not. I too have been told that the Asus work with Serato by a few friends. I know my HP Envy works. Why be mad if some uses a mac or a pc anyway....

Not mad. Just pisses that someone like that comes on here and with no experience or background like some of us have and starts tell people we are stupid for buying macs and they are over priced. Hell that doesn't even bother me as much as the fact that some noob will come on here read that one and only post go out and buy a PC then come bitch to the rest of use for weeks on why it doesnt work and how its all seratos fault for not making it stable on a PC. We, mac users comment on the Mac vs PC debate to help new people make informed decision on there purchase of a computer for V-DJing. DJ CHACH post is ludacris and does not help further that conversation in anyway.
Funkytownstopsix 10:11 PM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
Guess he didnt switch ME on and show your pc with serato video the door step lol!

I have to laugh myself at that comment, serato video needs much work... ME is the shit.. Yet that's why I have a mac.
DJ Reflex 10:51 PM - 4 March, 2013
Getting a PC to work with Serato Video is a challenge. My Dell Inspiron worked (albeit - at minimum effects) with Video-SL before they dropped Intel video card support. I do plan on getting a Mac solely for pro video capabilities. I've been using my Dell with XP since Scratch Live first came out (works great with audio only) and I've tried my hand at the PC game with video and read through this forum that Macs simply do the job!

All the debate here clearly points in one direction... Mac for video. Oh yeah, and ME for good video. Thanks for the testimonials on both ends PC and Mac.
DJ CHACH 1:25 AM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Not mad. Just pisses that someone like that comes on here and with no experience or background like some of us have and starts tell people we are stupid for buying macs and they are over priced. Hell that doesn't even bother me as much as the fact that some noob will come on here read that one and only post go out and buy a PC then come bitch to the rest of use for weeks on why it doesnt work and how its all seratos fault for not making it stable on a PC. We, mac users comment on the Mac vs PC debate to help new people make informed decision on there purchase of a computer for V-DJing. DJ CHACH post is ludacris and does not help further that conversation in anyway.

Your right Code:E, I should have given the specs. Well here they go. I am just trying to help out and save someone from buying an expensive photo shop computer or in other words the Mac Pro. I know you are a Mac lover but just face it, there are better computers out there that are PC. I did my research and it saved me over 1200 bucks. And not to mention I have a better computer. And Code E, How many 3.0 usb ports do you have on your Mac. And do you have a HDMI output or do you need to buy that additional cable to convert??

Product Features
Intel® CoreTM i7-3610QM processor
16GB DDR3 memory ( 2X 1TB hard drive (5400 rpm) )
17.3" high-definition display NVIDIA GTX 660M graphics
webcam/8-in-1 media reader/4 USB 3.0 ports
8 Cell battery upto 4.3 hours

I installed an additional hard drive for all music files and 8 more GB of Ram.
phatbob 1:46 AM - 5 March, 2013
Did you actually read what Code:E wrote? What a muppet.
phatbob 1:47 AM - 5 March, 2013
I'm referring to you, by the way, DJ CHACH.

Code:E hit the nail on the head.
DJ DisGrace 2:29 AM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
What a muppet.

this
Funkytownstopsix 3:13 AM - 5 March, 2013
smh I have nothing to say,,,,, some people wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:22 AM - 5 March, 2013
All's I know is that I could never run VDJ or SV through VPT on a PC, there's no type of Syphon for PC's (at least that I know of) and that 1 feature has sold me!! The shit DJ Nyce does with his Mac in this thread ( serato.com ) is unheard of to me on a PC. VDJ always ran great on my machine but when it came to Serato, I could barely record a set and the constant green bars always showing up, ughh!! I didn't buy a brand new Mac but I did manage to find an i7 which I don't think I could part with now. Im an amateur compared to these guys but not having to worry about things going wrong like the green bars has let me get back to doing what I love which is spinning records! I for 1 don't feel bad about the money I spent on a Mac, I now see it as an investment...........
DJMark 5:24 AM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
I gave you the model # of my Asus. If you are smart enough you can check the specs out on it and compare it to the Mac. It blows the Mac away. Remember its not the name brand of the computer, its whats inside.

Inadvertently, with that last line you stumbled into the real issue.

The "inside" of a MacBook Pro is predictable and well-integrated (both hardware and software). The testing/debugging time for that integration does cost some money to make happen.

But actually one of the first items that pops up when googling your computer's series is:

www.newegg.com

$2,099.

That easily buys you a known-to-work-great MacBook Pro. Save some $ and get a refurb if you need to save a little (the savings will buy at least a backup hard drive or a second internal drive/optical-bay installation bracket).

And the MacBook Pro's build quality and long-term mechanical integrity are second to none. The "unibody" design was a real engineering feat. Still nothing else like it.
Code:E 7:12 AM - 5 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I gave you the model # of my Asus. If you are smart enough you can check the specs out on it and compare it to the Mac. It blows the Mac away. Remember its not the name brand of the computer, its whats inside.

Inadvertently, with that last line you stumbled into the real issue.

The "inside" of a MacBook Pro is predictable and well-integrated (both hardware and software). The testing/debugging time for that integration does cost some money to make happen.

But actually one of the first items that pops up when googling your computer's series is:

www.newegg.com

$2,099.

That easily buys you a known-to-work-great MacBook Pro. Save some $ and get a refurb if you need to save a little (the savings will buy at least a backup hard drive or a second internal drive/optical-bay installation bracket).

And the MacBook Pro's build quality and long-term mechanical integrity are second to none. The "unibody" design was a real engineering feat. Still nothing else like it.

^^^THIS^^^^^
DJ Chach take note.

This is how to further the conversation. Not overtly bias, makes points that are based on facts and comparisons, and doesn't come across as a guy trying to win the pissing contest that is MAC vs PC. Just a guy giving information, experience and really just trying to help other make an informed decision.
Funkytownstopsix 1:57 PM - 5 March, 2013
This^^^^^^^^ +1

There is no Mac Vs PC when it comes to Serato it's only MAC. Serato has never fully focused on PC that's why it's lacking, I am suprised there has not been a class action lawsuit by now. I all too well know that you can't do ME or Syphon on PC,,, that is what it is!!!!!! Just don't get it twisted until late you rarely had a PC capable of running Serato Video in any form of fashion, so I understand people will get hype especially when so many say you can't. Yet a reader of the MAC VS PC issue must understand that there are options and with these options come restrictions/limitations, in some cases manipulation and pain/failure. Currently Mac you are unrestricted, PC WAY RESTRICTED that is if you want to do cool stuff like record your set.

I am Proud to be one of the people to have a PC running with no issues Maxed doing video. Yet I do understand that when I want to do cool stuff I have to go get my MAC. I understand that if you buy a Mac it will work right out the box. I also know that buying a PC laptop with good spec's will not always work out the box, I also know I will have to have some knowledge of PC programing in order to get it to work, I know all of this can take some time,,,,,lots of time and you still may not get it to work. FYI I have purchased 12 laptops in my plight to have a working PC laptop do the job, of the 12 only two(HP's) worked and not right out the box. People are trying to save people time and money please be respectful of that....and for you Mac guys be happy that a guy got a PC to work it's more like a miracle when it happens we all know this so congratulations are in order so give them. Love Peace and Fish Grease
skinnyguy 9:39 PM - 5 March, 2013
damn! 12 lappys?!?!
skinnyguy 9:42 PM - 5 March, 2013
having sv work on a pc is like winning the lottery. it's a rare occasion, and we are truly happy for you. but when they start telling people that they should do this and that....it's kinda like a lottery winner telling people how to win a lottery or how to get rich.
Funkytownstopsix 10:21 PM - 5 March, 2013
TRUE,,,TRUE and yeah talk about big hopes and dreams 12 laptops didn't say what I tried desktop wise.... Those where the gold old days of serato.... I only hope they get better on the PC side.
Funkytownstopsix 10:27 PM - 5 March, 2013
oh 12 since the first video plugin was released not this year.. that has been some time and 8 of those were in the first 2 mounts of the plugin release. Met the specs and didn't ever work. Thanks to Dj Twizzle giving me some incite as he was the first I saw using the plugin who gave sound advice on what was needed.
SBDJ 6:07 AM - 6 March, 2013
Quote:
there's no type of Syphon for PC's (at least that I know of) and that 1 feature has sold me!!

There is; Vista added shared handle support to DirectX9. Not many apps use it though - vvvv does IIRC but I'm struggling to think of much else. Theoretically it could be put to more use by way of vendor specific DirectX/OpenGL interops.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:47 PM - 6 March, 2013
Yeah I remember reading about VVVV when I was looking around for a windows alternative.
Dj ListenDat 5:21 PM - 13 March, 2013
Culprit 7:12 PM - 13 March, 2013
good read
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:39 PM - 13 March, 2013
OK let's say they do fix it on the PC side, it's still a stale video app. So for me if I'm using a PC I'll just stick to VDJ which is light years ahead of Serato video. Now as for the Mac side I've been playing around with ME and it just isn't that user friendly. Maybe cause it's new to me. It is very visually appealing but complicated at the same time, just my opinion.
Code:E 8:51 PM - 13 March, 2013
Quote:
it just isn't that user friendly. Maybe cause it's new to me.

I can kinda agree, But i was able to learn it in about 30 min. Some of the more complicated features took time, But like any good piece of power software you shouldn't be able to learn it all in 1 sitting. The advanced midi mapping options alone should take a day.

I completely agree though is some aspects it could be laid out better or in a more intuitive way.
rick cheng 5:22 AM - 3 May, 2013
Quote:
The integrated Intel graphics card is not a true graphic's card and should not be though of as one....
You realistically dont have a video card in your computer.
Yes they are very common because they are cheap and are not actually a graphics card like i said before... Support will most likely NEVER come for them. You need to buy a laptop with its own dedicated graphics chip. Integrated Intel graphics is just stealing power from your CPU to take on the function of translating 1's and 0's to video signal. Computers with there own graphic's chip is like having a second CPU and Ram set for doing nothing by displaying images.

Serato's not leaving you out. you have just chosen the wrong hardware... Thats like buying a old computer with only USB 1.1 ports and complaining that your SL3 (or SL4) wont work and waiting for Serato to fix it. Its a hardware issue that cannot simply be "fixed".

And im sure you will both here lots of this BUY A MAC!!!! if you want to do video, do some reading and you will see most video DJ's use MAC's cause they work that much better (and dont get the cheap 13inch MacBook Pro Or MacBook Airs, they have that same integrated Intel graphics card you have now and wont work any better)

Hi, i am PC users, and i would like to know my notebook is work w/DDJ SX to play Serato Video ,
Dell
ivy bridge i7 -3612 - 2.1 ghz
8gb ddr3 ,NVIDIA Geforce GT640-2G
1 T harddisc
thanks a lot
phatbob 7:11 AM - 3 May, 2013
The answer is simply 'maybe'.

Nobody can tell you for certain, you need to download the software and try it in demo mode with some properly encoded files.
Sanjay Bhuria 7:17 AM - 6 May, 2014
Strange I have a not so high end PC and has no dedicated graphics card. But suddenly since last 2-3 days the Serato video is working fine. Though in the Demo version!
Culprit 4:40 PM - 6 May, 2014
Yep they made some improvements
DJ Slimfamous 10:28 PM - 19 May, 2014
Serato Video seems to be working; in demo made at least, on PCs using Intel Graphics only.
DJ Slimfamous 10:30 PM - 19 May, 2014
Serato Video 1.6.2 seems to be working; in demo made at least, on PCs using Intel Graphics only.
DJ Slimfamous 10:30 PM - 19 May, 2014
Serato Video 1.6.2 seems to be working; in demo made at least, on PCs using Intel Graphics only.
Sanjay Bhuria 12:41 AM - 23 May, 2014
can someone from serato confirm if this will work in normal (non demo) mode as well?
Culprit 12:50 AM - 23 May, 2014
the demo mode vs the non demo mode the only difference is the watermark, so if it is working in demo mode it will work exactly the same once purchased.
Chubbz_DJ 11:37 AM - 6 June, 2014
so is the verdict still the same? i have an hp machine with intel hd graphics 4600, will these not work for serato video????
Funkytownstopsix 12:25 PM - 6 June, 2014
chubbz just download it and see.. The demo version will work as it should as Culprit said the ony difference is the watermark. My hp has dual so I can't really speak on the matter but what I can tell you is that video works a whole lot better on PC then it did last year.
Dj ListenDat 3:04 PM - 6 June, 2014
Quote:
so is the verdict still the same? i have an hp machine with intel hd graphics 4600, will these not work for serato video????

Install the latest SDJ and SV and use Lav filters. Activate intel quicksync under lav video hardware decoder and it will work
Sanjay Bhuria 8:35 PM - 13 September, 2015
I have a PC with Intel HD Graphics 4600 as well as NVIDIA GTX 750Ti SC. Which one I should be using for best performance and speed?

and any suggestions on how to select which one to use?
Code:E 9:20 PM - 13 September, 2015
Quote:
I have a PC with Intel HD Graphics 4600 as well as NVIDIA GTX 750Ti SC. Which one I should be using for best performance and speed?

You dont really get to choose here. Intel cards are low power (both energy consumption and performance ) Card. You will have issue's using it. All Mac and any PC (should) switch away from the intel card and over tot he dedicated card when hi power programs are running. But you should lock your computer to only use the hi power one.
Quote:
and any suggestions on how to select which one to use?

You on PC or mac?
pueblofunky 3:19 PM - 10 October, 2015
I have the same problem with my laptop Lenovo Y580.

On my laptop I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660M. ... with acutal drivers installed in May + August 2015.

When I enable Serato Video 1.1 (under SSL 2.5) then I get the message that I'm using an Intel graphics card.

Should I de-activate the Intel card - so NVIDIA will be used?
Code:E 4:29 PM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:

yes
pueblofunky 5:38 PM - 10 October, 2015
Yes - thanks it works when I de-activate. No problems ;)
pueblofunky 6:20 PM - 10 October, 2015
Return:

Serato Video 1.1 does not show any video on the output window and after clicking around it crashes - under SSL 2.5 and Windows 8.0, 64-bit.

Under Windows 7, 64-bit - no problem. Works perfectly.

Any idea?
Culprit 9:12 PM - 10 October, 2015
try upgrading to windows 10, windows 8 is a nightmare
pueblofunky 7:32 AM - 11 October, 2015
I'm sure Serato Video should work under Windows 8.

I can not update to Windows 10 before I know from someone if SSL 2.5 (not SDJ) works without any problems.
Funkytownstopsix 4:38 PM - 13 October, 2015
Quote:
I have the same problem with my laptop Lenovo Y580.

On my laptop I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660M. ... with acutal drivers installed in May + August 2015.

When I enable Serato Video 1.1 (under SSL 2.5) then I get the message that I'm using an Intel graphics card.

actually you should just change which card is used in the power settings. No need to deactivate, the dual cards were designed that way to conserve power when using laptop's extending the battery life. In the power setting choose hi performance.... that way it will choose your high performance card and it will no longer look at your intel card. I do this with my pc laptop so I know it works. Also Nvida software may need some fine tunning but it should work at any rate.