Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

VESTAX SPIN

Product
Serato DJ Intro
Version
Hardware
Vestax Typhoon
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
GigaWave Raff 6:05 PM - 4 October, 2011
Product: dj-intro
Version: 1.0.1
Hardware: vestax-typhoon
Computer: mac
OS Version: 10.6.8
---

I have a MAC with Snow Leopard! Vestax Spin as controller...
Why is it not compatible!? Could you help me!?

thx a lot
Raff
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 11:21 PM - 5 October, 2011
Hi Raff,

If you could get in touch with Vestax and let them know you'd like to see that happen, that would be the best. The more feedback they get on this, the better :-)

Here are the details> help.vestax.co.jp

Regards,
Mathew
GigaWave Raff 12:35 PM - 13 October, 2011
I wrote to Vestax Support... they tell me that I have ask to Serato Team, because only the Serato Team can decide which controller is supported or not.

Regards
Raff
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 2:07 AM - 14 October, 2011
sounds like a communication breakdown, from my understanding it's the hardware provider that needs to contact Serato :-) I wouldn't want to build up your hopes though, DJIntro has only just been released and it may be some time before hardware providers consider adding to that list.

DJIntro has a few less features than say, ITCH. If you're an experienced dj have you considered an ITCH controller perhaps?

Mathew
GigaWave Raff 8:50 AM - 14 October, 2011
Hi,
you are right! The ITCH is much more better... but the device are more expensive! So I have the Vestax Spin, I'd like to use it at home with the serato dj intro (in order to organize the library) and I play in the club with the serato final scratch + SL1, that i am using from long time....
That could be great!
However, thanks for your answer.
Raffaele
djmumbler 4:02 AM - 18 October, 2011
Wouldn't potential Spin support be the same as for the Typhoon?

The hardware is the same.

If dj intro is checking the MIDI device name, I would guess that adding "Spin" to the list of supported device names would allow it to treat it the same as the Typhoon.
revancheX 2:56 AM - 21 October, 2011
I happen to have a Spin, a VCI-300, and a Numark NS-6.

The Spin weighs less than 2 pounds and fits in my backpack. The VCI-300 weighs like 10 pounds and certainly does not. I would definitely use DJ Intro with the Spin if supported for those times when I really need to be highly mobile (otherwise I'd just use the freaking NS6 or SSL or something).

Assuming it works with all my ITCH grids and cuepoints and junk, that is.

So I look forward to SPIN support. Or even a way for us to map our own freaking consoles--I mean, setting up a MIDI device isn't exactly rocket science.
Audible 3:25 AM - 30 October, 2011
keep e-mailing vestax! serato.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 4:13 AM - 16 November, 2011
there will be updates just like there are with ITCH and Scratch Live - I just can't say when I'm afraid.
Audible 6:33 PM - 17 November, 2011
@mathew, does this mean eventually you will support vestax spin? i'm trying to decide if i should buy another software. thanks!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 9:44 PM - 17 November, 2011
I understand your position here but I really couldn't say I'm afraid.
Ron M 3:54 AM - 19 November, 2011
What's up Spin users, your input is most appreciated.
The more we receive the more we can bring up with our team.
You guys are not alone as we've been hit up on this topic several times from many users wanting Intro working on Spin.
Ruff good point, Mumbler you are right so it does make sense, revancheX I totally get you on the convenience side of things and Audible, keep emailing! you can email csg@vestax.jp too...but the call is definitely something for my guys upstairs.
Keep em coming and let me collect your thoughts and I'll let them know. thanks
Audible 4:55 AM - 19 November, 2011
thanks for your support of us DJs Ron.
GigaWave Raff 11:58 AM - 25 November, 2011
I hope that the new release of Serato DJ intro in December... will work with Vestax SPIN!!
GigaWave Raff 9:01 AM - 28 November, 2011
I read the list of new controllers supported by intro in Dec 2011, there is not Vestax Spin!!! what can we do!? what's the problem!?
Audible 6:19 PM - 28 November, 2011
Serato should support it unofficially since it's so close to Typhoon's hardware, but I doubt it.

Best to just buy the new DJay software, it's not that bad but I wish I was using Serato's layout, it's much better and it confuses me switching between both. www.algoriddim.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 3:47 AM - 8 December, 2011
There's a fair bit that goes into supporting controllers that needs to come from both companies and many different issues are considered in this process.
GigaWave Raff 10:18 AM - 9 December, 2011
I think to sell my spin and buy the typhoon! or to change with the numark.... however it is a silly situation! Sometimes there are problems so stupid.... and it seems impossible to fix! bureaucracy!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 2:46 AM - 10 January, 2012
yes there's always more to it than simply yes/no. I'll close this thread off now but keep an eye on the DJ Intro forum area for any more updates. We just announced the VCI-400 so more DJ Intro controllers are being added all the time :-)