Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Tell the truth did you use 2.0 at a gig??

dj lashes 3:05 PM - 21 July, 2011
So people tell the truth are you one of them djs like me lol who read all the "this is a beta", "for testing only" so on and so on but you still just have to go live (and before you say it!! i know it can have a bad ending playing live with beta).

last night i play about 2hrs prime time speed mixing 50% of the time i can only say to serato well done beta or no beta 2.0 is hottttt in every way no glitch's feels great and the sampler give thx now i dont need VDJ anymore, I did at 1st miss the look of 1.7 but after about 1hr i got used to the new look the sync will take a week or so to get use to but i think its a go move for djs in the long run most djs i think will like it and use it.
cant wait for the finish product, ohh and djs just because i had no probs with beta does not mean its wise for you to go live with yours i had a back up plan if it crashed (cd's) lol

Serato LOVE U
jmims 3:25 PM - 21 July, 2011
I have used 2.0 live this whole week, (5-6 hour sets without a problem). Only thing I don't like is the way sync is used now with press one to set master, then the other to sync, then shift+sync to release. Bothersom, but everything else is beautiful..
sunnyred 4:25 PM - 21 July, 2011
HI, I haven't had time to test the beta, but I was wondering when you exit the software after your successful gig if it takes a couple of minutes for the software to close and exit like with ver. 1.7?
JonnyLove 4:45 PM - 21 July, 2011
I think I shall be braving it on Saturday as so far it has not let me down and I have been going mental trying to get it to crash or cause a problem.
jmims 4:55 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
HI, I haven't had time to test the beta, but I was wondering when you exit the software after your successful gig if it takes a couple of minutes for the software to close and exit like with ver. 1.7?

It shouldn't take minutes, if it takes more than 20 secs it's locked up from my experience. To answer your question no it doesn't.
I1Kirm 6:57 PM - 21 July, 2011
Last night I used it live for 5 hours. Overall flawless. I still need to get used to the trimmed library space, but at least you can switch to library mode easily
dj lashes 7:40 PM - 21 July, 2011
just been playing more with the sampler when you are using let say "bank A sample 1" and you set your settings tempo volume ect then you move to "bank B,C or D sample 1" the setting the same for all, it would be nice if each bank could have different settings or should i just be happy there is a sampler now ?
Ragman 9:33 PM - 21 July, 2011
The latter ... ;-)
Dj Cooly C 9:43 PM - 21 July, 2011
I used it Tues, I had some problems while scrolling my crates and choosing songs from the library. It caused the the screen to completely freeze and the pinwheel to spin, I had three drop-outs, but I made it through the night. I won't use it live until the updates are available. But it is a great software, love everything about. Itch has arrived.
elsupermang 10:22 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
Last night I used it live for 5 hours. Overall flawless. I still need to get used to the trimmed library space, but at least you can switch to library mode easily

I got around the trimmed library space by using smart crates to categorize things into Genres instead of using the browse panel. The browse panel takes up a good chunk of the screen. Now with smart crates I can browse all my "house" tracks instead of just "tribal house" or "latin house" or "electronica".
dj lashes 10:37 PM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
I used it Tues, I had some problems while scrolling my crates and choosing songs from the library. It caused the the screen to completely freeze and the pinwheel to spin, I had three drop-outs, but I made it through the night. I won't use it live until the updates are available. But it is a great software, love everything about. Itch has arrived.

I think your problem is that itch 2.0 is looking at your crate/tracks/grid ect.. for the 1st time did you RE-ANALYZE your files just my guess as i did analyze and itch is super fast and am on a PC
Dj Cooly C 8:36 AM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
I think your problem is that itch 2.0 is looking at your crate/tracks/grid ect.. for the 1st time did you RE-ANALYZE your files just my guess as i did analyze and itch is super fast and am on a PC

On my Macpro, desktop computer at home, itch is flawless, on my Macbook, itch has issues. Its time for the new macbook pro to compliment the new Serato itch. But, I just read one solution may be to clear the bpm tag of your files & reanalyze them in 20096. My question is if you reanalyze them in 2.0, if needed will 1.7 be able to read those files.
JonnyLove 1:48 PM - 22 July, 2011
I have re-analysed all my files in 2.0 and then run 1.8 again afterwards and it did not seem to have a problem. But this is for me. I can't say you won't have a problem. (What's the worst that could happen)
djcerla 2:07 PM - 22 July, 2011
I'm basically always using betas. I only had a single problem last year when I discovered the AAC bug live in front of 3000 persons. But hey, my finger was on the (CDJ) button.
JonnyLove 2:48 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
I'm basically always using betas.

I like your style. Nothing better than living life on the edge :)
DJ MDX 2:49 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
I'm basically always using betas. I only had a single problem last year when I discovered the AAC bug live in front of 3000 persons. But hey, my finger was on the (CDJ) button.

Ouch and good save....
scott c 6:52 PM - 22 July, 2011
Last 2 days 3 hour sets... No issues! Will use at a house party this weekend!..... Itch 2.0 rocks!
Cartel Productions 7:31 PM - 22 July, 2011
the new 2.0 is wicked I uesd it for 3 hours the other night and it worked great only a little lag when loading the tracks but no drop outs whatsoever great job guys can't wait for the oficial product to drop.
dj lashes 7:52 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
the new 2.0 is wicked I uesd it for 3 hours the other night and it worked great only a little lag when loading the tracks but no drop outs whatsoever great job guys can't wait for the oficial product to drop.

same here last night when playing a few lags when loading tracks played for about 2hrs but all the rest is cool
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 8:19 PM - 22 July, 2011
i would mos def use it it seems very stable the only thing that seems to be a lil xtra work is the sync i got it i can use it fine after about 12 hours of practice but..... like most DJ's i like to sip when i spin and i like the ease of the sync on 1.7.1 ...lol call me a lil lazy but it spoiled me. MIXWELL>> DJ'S
BadBoyChubs 5:02 PM - 23 July, 2011
i used 2.0 for the first time during a gig and it didnt fail me
defjamblaster 9:26 PM - 23 July, 2011
i always go all in and use the betas the very next time i spin. just like when i started on ssl from vinyl (never used cds except on radio till i switched it to ssl), i never used the 'thru' mode to have real vinyl ready just in case. i figured something can always go wrong no matter what youre using-needles go bad suddenly, vinyl skips, cds stutter, etc. you just have to be calm and have a good mic presence while you change needles/cds/restart software. i've dealt with all the above and never been flustered. i just pretend like i had something so important to say, that the music had to be off for me to say it! the key to that kind of a recovery lies in the first song played when you get the system back up-it has to be a solid hit. that makes it seem like you did it all on purpose.
JonnyLove 10:19 PM - 23 July, 2011
Just finished a 5 hour gig and no problems. Did find a bug if loading a track off of a cd I could not play it using the play button but I could with holding down the cue button. (Actually helped me out as didn't want to play the track anyway but was just being polite).
zaguama 1:16 AM - 24 July, 2011
hmm interesting, im gonna try playing audio cd tracks because i do get that often when artists arrive with their instrumentals on cda.
DJ.Tyme 1:21 AM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

On my Macpro, desktop computer at home, itch is flawless, on my Macbook, itch has issues. Its time for the new macbook pro to compliment the new Serato itch. But, I just read one solution may be to clear the bpm tag of your files & reanalyze them in 20096. My question is if you reanalyze them in 2.0, if needed will 1.7 be able to read those files.

yup i wanna no the same thang ? b4 i do this
DJ.Tyme 1:26 AM - 24 July, 2011
did a 4 hour bday party no problems. only thang i dont like iz when i use day mode it still use's (green) to highlight the already played song. green is kinda hard to see against the white background wish serato would pick a different color in day mode ?
dj lashes 5:42 AM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:
did a 4 hour bday party no problems. only thang i dont like iz when i use day mode it still use's (green) to highlight the already played song. green is kinda hard to see against the white background wish serato would pick a different color in day mode ?

or let us pick are own colors cant be that hard
DJdaveZ 5:46 AM - 24 July, 2011
i made a 75 min mix with no problems last night at home.... but did a wedding tonight with 1.7... didnt want to risk it.
if you wanna check out the mix... its mostly fullish length songs... funk, some new stuff, some 80s, some freestyle beats... all kinds of stuff... pretty mellow. www.mixcrate.com
DJ.Tyme 6:08 AM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

or let us pick are own colors cant be that hard

yup i should of said that thanx :-)
DJ.Tyme 6:18 AM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:
i made a 75 min mix with no problems last night at home.... but did a wedding tonight with 1.7... didnt want to risk it.
if you wanna check out the mix... its mostly fullish length songs... funk, some new stuff, some 80s, some freestyle beats... all kinds of stuff... pretty mellow. www.mixcrate.com

tight Mix Sounds Kool Thumbs Up Bro
DJ.Tyme 6:22 AM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:

what did u mix it up on ?
DJ Matemastr 7:36 PM - 24 July, 2011
did 5 hour splash party saturday july 23 no problems at all. just crazy hot outside. hope full release comes out soon. tired of seeing that screen when you start up itch..lol laterz all
Hit Hard 7:43 PM - 24 July, 2011
Played at a Family Reunion for 5 hours with 2.0 beta one small software and sound delay hicup, it recovered in a split second but flawless after that
Dj Cooly C 7:47 PM - 24 July, 2011
I made some small adjustments to my settings on 2.0, used it again last night and it performed so much better. I had one song pause for a brief second, but I get that a least 3 times a night on 1.7. Itch team deserve a tip for this one,
dj genius 33 8:35 PM - 24 July, 2011
how do i use the samplers.....i dont know how to make the samplers work with buttons ...1...2....3...etc...how do i do this?
BadBoyChubs 9:37 PM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:
how do i use the samplers.....i dont know how to make the samplers work with buttons ...1...2....3...etc...how do i do this?

u have to use "Z , X, C, V B N" on the keyboard, if shift is checked then u have to hold shift to trigger then, the hardware controller must be connected to see it
dj genius 33 9:41 PM - 24 July, 2011
itch is only allowing me to use 1 sample.......if i drag in another the beta closes
DJdaveZ 6:17 AM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

thank you! vci300 no fx, no edits... some parts could use some work, but its basically a live mix. stuff happens... ;) like some volume differences with songs that i drop in, it was kinda tough to tell with some mixes because it was late in the night and i didnt want to bother anyone that lives in the apartment under me or next to me..
Fuidawg 5:40 AM - 3 August, 2011
I notice that itch doesnt like too many crates or subcrates as it will not open if you ahve too many in there, I guess the smart crates can make up for it?

im on a pc winxp and I must say it works much better than previous releases, i got a bad spooler blue screen error, when testing it at home for 4 hours but i decided to have the internet running as well ... so far it's good,

I have a gig on sat and will chance it lol ... wish me luck ..
Fuidawg 5:50 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Mean mix there DJ Tyme!
Fuidawg 6:02 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mean mix there DJ Tyme!

SORRY, meant DJTaveZ ;-)
DJ.Tyme 6:20 AM - 3 August, 2011
yeah dont get DJ Tavez mad @ me thinking im taking credit :-( its all good :-)
Fuidawg 6:33 AM - 3 August, 2011
Need to find out a way to record from the V7's and my Numark X9 mixer, any suggestions will be helpful too, no biggie
Fuidawg 6:34 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
yeah dont get DJ Tavez mad @ me thinking im taking credit :-( its all good :-)

lol, i know my bad, apparently this forum don't let you delete mistakes huh, lol...
DJ MDX 12:53 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
.....apparently this forum don't let you delete mistakes huh, lol...

Yeah, just like LIFE...lol
PapiC 1:38 PM - 3 August, 2011
I just finished a series of gigs with 1.7.1 - now I got some time for intense testing - until now no problems with RC3
dj-nice 1:44 PM - 3 August, 2011
I think i will not use V2 untill there is a 2 Player option. I need only 2 Player an there is with 2 empty players not enough screen for my very big Databasestructure. Got yesterday a Denon HC5000. Looks better cause only 2 Player are on Itch. Favourite is my Xone DX, but never live in regular 4Player Mode.
Fuidawg 2:39 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
.....apparently this forum don't let you delete mistakes huh, lol...

Yeah, just like LIFE...lol

so we are pretty much screwed! lol
phaareal 3:09 PM - 3 August, 2011
Has anybody used the final ITCH 2.0 that was just released yet? If so, any positives/negatives? Please let me know, thanks.
Cartel Productions 6:23 PM - 3 August, 2011
2.0 worked great for me from the word go i've been using it for gigs from the first beta version with no problems sill trying to get my head around that new sync thou.
Kmxorbit 6:40 PM - 3 August, 2011
Didn't test it yet in Live environment. I didn't clear my preferences yet and I didn't re-analyzed my library. Seems it takes care of certain possible drop outs according serato's advice)
respectskills 6:49 PM - 3 August, 2011
Is it necessary to "delete preferences"? If YES then HOW do I do it? Thanks ;)
Kmxorbit 8:44 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Is it necessary to "delete preferences"? If YES then HOW do I do it? Thanks ;)

It's explained here serato.com
DJ.Tyme 3:05 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
I think i will not use V2 untill there is a 2 Player option. I need only 2 Player an there is with 2 empty players not enough screen for my very big Databasestructure. Got yesterday a Denon HC5000. Looks better cause only 2 Player are on Itch. Favourite is my Xone DX, but never live in regular 4Player Mode.

He Lost Me ?
DJ.Tyme 3:07 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Has anybody used the final ITCH 2.0 that was just released yet? If so, any positives/negatives? Please let me know, thanks.
read on my friend = serato.com
DJ.Tyme 3:08 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
2.0 worked great for me from the word go i've been using it for gigs from the first beta version with no problems sill trying to get my head around that new sync thou.

+1 no probs here either
DJ MDX 12:59 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

He Lost Me ?

He's saying he'd like to have more options in GUI modes in 2.0 since he only uses 2 players and the other 2 just take up valuable screen realestate.
DJ.Tyme 1:49 PM - 4 August, 2011
Ohh thanx
dj-nice 2:22 PM - 4 August, 2011
mmmhhhh....starting V2 dont show beatgrids from many files. Starting V1.7 shows all grids.
Serveral errors: Out of menory
Wont work with such a buggy Version
Kmxorbit 2:59 PM - 4 August, 2011
2.0 is absolutely not buggy and it would be a pity to miss all the exciting stuff it(ch) offers.
Open a help thread (serato.com)
I'm sure the tech team will figure out your problems.
dj-nice 3:09 PM - 4 August, 2011
i did a request
mean for me very bugy. I like this 2.0 very much too. But till now i am afraid to use it live.
Have hundrets of crates/subcrates and V2.0 seems not to have the delay while open big crates or subcrates. Seems very smooth. This alone is for me a big "+" :-)

But not live.....not yet
Fuidawg 8:09 PM - 4 August, 2011
Sorry, out of subject here or don't know where to post my question under, but quick question

Anyone know how to scan your musik so that it will show the name under the 'filename' column of the song under the 'song' column?

hope that made sense ..
DJ.Tyme 8:41 PM - 4 August, 2011
You mean have it only show like the filename of how its in your folders on your hard drive ? And not show song title ?
Fuidawg 8:52 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
You mean have it only show like the filename of how its in your folders on your hard drive ? And not show song title ?

I want the column song show the name of the actual song instead of Track1 , Track 2 etc ...

Under the column 'Filename' it shows the name of song instead of Track 1, Track 2 etc ...

I just ran the Rescan ID TAgs options for all the files but still no changes ... hope that made sense
DJ.Tyme 9:02 PM - 4 August, 2011
1st your have to run your songs through a id3 software program that tags your music doing the rescan id tags just makes itch re read the id3 info but 1st the info has to be correct. I'm @ work but pm me & I kan email u some programs that I use after I download my music I run them through this program & then move them to my crates
Fuidawg 9:05 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
1st your have to run your songs through a id3 software program that tags your music doing the rescan id tags just makes itch re read the id3 info but 1st the info has to be correct. I'm @ work but pm me & I kan email u some programs that I use after I download my music I run them through this program & then move them to my crates

thanks man, my email is fuidawg@gmail.com if you don't mind sending it to there .... am also at work but scanning stuff on the side, you know how it is ;-) ..
dj-nice 9:06 PM - 4 August, 2011
Did you tag the files? Are this selvf ripped mp3? Maybe you can use cddb to tag the files
Did you tag V2 fields?

easy to youse ripper are cdex cdexos.sourceforge.net and exact audio copy (EAC) www.exactaudiocopy.de
best id3 tager (free) = mp3tag www.mp3tag.de
Fuidawg 9:09 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Did you tag the files? Are this selvf ripped mp3? Maybe you can use cddb to tag the files
Did you tag V2 fields?

I don't think I have tagged the files, some of these are self ripped using media player ...

Not sure to tag V2 fields, I can probably google it .

easy to youse ripper are cdex cdexos.sourceforge.net and exact audio copy (EAC) www.exactaudiocopy.de
best id3 tager (free) = mp3tag www.mp3tag.de

i'll check this out as well
DJ.Tyme 9:38 PM - 4 August, 2011
I'm off around 530pm california tyme
BadBoyChubs 3:15 AM - 5 August, 2011
Itch 2.0 is stable ONLY as long as u dont search and try drag the file anywhere, u can search and load without no prob but once u djing live, I strong advice NEVER to do it. some times u might be lucky to drag the song to a crate or prepare but Itch will Hang and cause drop outs, or more like a cd scratching. no drop out other wise. maybe i need a higher spec. but my mac 2.4 4gb ram should have been enuff, but i quess not!

I reported this as a bug awhile back but i guess nothing can be done. I think it maybe due to the bigger and larger music collections and crates and sub crates, Itch works smooth like butter with one or 2 crates. once u start hitting that 20k mark, is trouble when it comes to dragging after search with the hardware connected
Fuidawg 5:37 AM - 5 August, 2011
So u saying NOT to do a CTR f? I usually click on the ALl and search from there. I got winxp 3G and tomorrow I got a gig,wish me luck lol
I1Kirm 10:28 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
Itch 2.0 is stable ONLY as long as u dont search and try drag the file anywhere, u can search and load without no prob but once u djing live, I strong advice NEVER to do it. some times u might be lucky to drag the song to a crate or prepare but Itch will Hang and cause drop outs, or more like a cd scratching. no drop out other wise. maybe i need a higher spec. but my mac 2.4 4gb ram should have been enuff, but i quess not!

I reported this as a bug awhile back but i guess nothing can be done. I think it maybe due to the bigger and larger music collections and crates and sub crates, Itch works smooth like butter with one or 2 crates. once u start hitting that 20k mark, is trouble when it comes to dragging after search with the hardware connected

Do you by any chance have the location field visible in your library? I had similar issues until I stopped using the location field all together. I filed a bug report and I'm hoping this will be fixed in 2.1
BadBoyChubs 10:42 AM - 5 August, 2011
no i dont have location field visible, i did take that off
Fuidawg 8:33 PM - 6 August, 2011
Man, i had to use Virtual DJ at my wedding gig last night, an hour before the wedding, it was just a bit slow when I was looking for songs.. Im not sure if it was my laptop XP, 3G ram, 2.1 GHZ, intel processor? (highly doubt) but it didn't give me confidence ... I think the search feature was a little bit flaky ...

Do any of you dj's use like a monitor to listen to your musik? not too keen on using earphones ... i can do it live but it's just a lil bit delay when you listen to the musik ...
DJ.Tyme 5:48 AM - 7 August, 2011
Awesome Just Flat Out Awesome !!! i Just Got Home From A 9Hour Gig Bday party At The Local Lake Here In My Town. Ns7, Itch 2.0, A Pair Of Yamaha's DSR115,Dell 17'' Xps L702x, Intel Core i7 2630Qm 2.0Ghz With Turbo Boost, 8Gigs Of Ram, 500 Internal Hard Drive. I Didn't Have One single Problem All Day/Night I See Alot Of People Complaining About Still Having Problems With Version 2.0 ? Maybe Look Into Your Settings/Hardware ect,ect b4 You Go Blanking Out On Serato.Which I See On Other Forums.
Fuidawg 6:00 AM - 7 August, 2011
Quote:
Awesome Just Flat Out Awesome !!! i Just Got Home From A 9Hour Gig Bday party At The Local Lake Here In My Town. Ns7, Itch 2.0, A Pair Of Yamaha's DSR115,Dell 17'' Xps L702x, Intel Core i7 2630Qm 2.0Ghz With Turbo Boost, 8Gigs Of Ram, 500 Internal Hard Drive. I Didn't Have One single Problem All Day/Night I See Alot Of People Complaining About Still Having Problems With Version 2.0 ? Maybe Look Into Your Settings/Hardware ect,ect b4 You Go Blanking Out On Serato.Which I See On Other Forums.

You definitely got a much more powerful machine than mine, so valid point ... got a few more gigs lined up so hoping to invest in a mac pro ... Serato still got my vote!
DJ dVO 3:28 PM - 7 August, 2011
Yeah I am not sure what is the complaining about with dropouts with Itch 2.0. I am running 2.0 and NS7 on an older MBP 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GM 106 MHz DDR3 with no drop out what so ever. It even works on Lion 10.7!!!
Dj K.Smith 6:06 PM - 7 August, 2011
Used 2.0 last night on my VCI for the ceremony portion of my day. Very smooth and the day mode display was nice... I definitely like that. Everything went well as expected. No real reason to think that it wouldn't...
DJ.Tyme 7:32 PM - 7 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You definitely got a much more powerful machine than mine, so valid point ... got a few more gigs lined up so hoping to invest in a mac pro ... Serato still got my vote!
yeah i thought about a mac,but then i would have to sell the kitchen sink and maybe my kar :-0
DJ.Tyme 7:36 PM - 7 August, 2011
@ DJ Dvo yeah bro i just read on some of these other forum post. people getting mad @ serato ? im like check out your settings/hardware 1st. @ DJ K.Smith was this your 1st tyme using 2.0 @ a live event ?
Paco71 8:06 PM - 7 August, 2011
Quote:
was this your 1st tyme using 2.0 @ a live event ?

Tyme ===> Very good lol...
Dj Cooly C 11:14 PM - 7 August, 2011
The only BIG issue I'm getting is when I add to or alter any crates. 2.0 is smooth until I fool with the crates, after that, all hell breaks loose, it crashed and one night and wouldn't restart for at least thirty mins because it would freeze while loading the crates. I did a complete data base rebuild a couple of days ago, and that helped a little, but I went to add some new music in a crate from the HD and it froze, pinwheeled for a while. I'm playing it safe and using 1.7.1 until there's a update. But all in all 2.0 is very nice, love the gui.
DJ.Tyme 11:50 PM - 7 August, 2011
so your saying like while your DJing and you go to files and add a song to one of your crates it will freeze ?
ernie 12:28 AM - 8 August, 2011
yes!
DJ.Tyme 1:11 AM - 8 August, 2011
hum ? it didn't happen to me ? i tried make different folders adding music to them.then i just added music files to my current folders.no freezing at all. humm guess wait until serato responds
BadBoyChubs 2:14 AM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
The only BIG issue I'm getting is when I add to or alter any crates. 2.0 is smooth until I fool with the crates, after that, all hell breaks loose, it crashed and one night and wouldn't restart for at least thirty mins because it would freeze while loading the crates. I did a complete data base rebuild a couple of days ago, and that helped a little, but I went to add some new music in a crate from the HD and it froze, pinwheeled for a while. I'm playing it safe and using 1.7.1 until there's a update. But all in all 2.0 is very nice, love the gui.

that happens to me also, by i did my rebuild today will test it tomorrow and clear all corrupt files , i aint try it since but i know this does happens
Fermi 3:49 AM - 8 August, 2011
I didn't use 2.0 at my gig last night.
I installed 20098 that morning and didn't test it out. I get to the gig and plug in the V7s. The screen still says the hardware is disconnect, but when I press play the track plays and the audio comes out the laptop speakers.
I quickly installed 20096 beta because I knew that worked.
I don't know if I want to install 20098 again because of the error.
DJdaveZ 5:49 AM - 8 August, 2011
2.0 still working out nicely for me.... did a wedding today with it. i had also tried it out at 2 bar gigs so far, so i was confident.
Dj Cooly C 7:15 AM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
so your saying like while your DJing and you go to files and add a song to one of your crates it will freeze ?

Yes, It freezes or crash.
ragga 4:19 PM - 8 August, 2011
Freezes all the time. What is the deal with corrupt files. Using tracks ripped from cds. Why is Serato so freakin unstable and fickle with them. Trying to analyze files si i can remove them but still freezes. Need a work around ASAP.
ragga 4:28 PM - 8 August, 2011
Pro DJ and I never felt so nervous. Why are so many tracks corrupt? I'm talking thousands.
Dj K.Smith 4:31 PM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
@ DJ K.Smith was this your 1st tyme using 2.0 @ a live event ?

Yessir it was... Never had a worry, hiccup or mis-step in using it at the gig... Looked like I was using SSL, LOL... Now I haven't used it on my NS6 yet, but I think I will in a couple of weeks at my next gig I will...

This week is I might practice on my NS6 just to see what its like...
DJ MDX 6:59 PM - 8 August, 2011
I used the NS6 exclusivley at my gigs this weekend (took Xone:DX for backup) and everything worked flawlessly. The sound was awesome and had a very strong output.

I did have one issue but it was not the NS6's fault - I had a powerstrip that was touching the USB cable somewhat which did not allow it a full connection - this caused audio dropouts as I was loading tracks (luckily this was during sound check) I corrected the issue by removing any obstruction near the USB connection and let the NS6 breathe properly and it just sang the rest of the night ;-)

The NS6 is a huge USB hog so make sure your USB connectin is completely in-tact to prevent audio drops, lags, etc.
DJ.Tyme 7:07 PM - 8 August, 2011
Yessir it was... Never had a worry, hiccup or mis-step in using it at the gig... Looked like I was using SSL, LOL... Now I haven't used it on my NS6 yet, but I think I will in a couple of weeks at my next gig I will...

Quote:
Quote:
@ DJ K.Smith was this your 1st tyme using 2.0 @ a live event ?

yeah that happen to me 2. While I was DJing one of my frenz was like hey u went back to scratch live ? I was like no its the new look of itch :-)
Dj K.Smith 8:10 PM - 8 August, 2011
Yeah man that day mode is the business... Made it really easy to see and is a definite nice change... Had to get used to the new color scheme but that was instantly... Really diggin' on itch right about now...
DJ.Tyme 8:50 PM - 8 August, 2011
Yeah I was doing a outside event & kept switching back & forth but stayed with the grey look I just got used to it iguess
Fuidawg 9:01 PM - 8 August, 2011
Got an outside gig this friday, I've determined that that my issue is hardware related, but using Itch again lol ... so i'll take your word for the new daytime view ...
Dj K.Smith 9:06 PM - 8 August, 2011
Day mode is a nice change Fuidawg... You'll definitely notice it a lot more than night mode...
DJ Padida 6:53 PM - 11 August, 2011
Used it on my sisters 18th bday bash we tagteamed all night using the ns7 on pc, very stable no dropouts whatsoever. This is by far the best update imo especially with the sp6. My cousin thought I was using scratch live.
Dj K.Smith 6:59 PM - 11 August, 2011
Just got that new fader plate for the NS6 also... Gotta try that out tonight as well...
BadBoyChubs 7:02 PM - 11 August, 2011
flawless last night, after I think I will rate 2.0 better and rock solid than 1.5!
Fuidawg 7:04 PM - 11 August, 2011
Wish there are more effects for the Numark V7's with Itch like flippin doubles, flanger out or backspin ... I take it these are hardware specific?

Really diggin' the new Serato Itch look too ... it really does look like scratch live!
Fuidawg 7:21 PM - 11 August, 2011
My jam session at 2am this morning lol ... still need a lot of work ;-)

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ.Tyme 12:09 AM - 12 August, 2011
nice Lil mix. quick question ? how come you dont use the Pram Knob on the V7's to look for tracks & load em ? just kourious because i see u doing it with your laptop
Fuidawg 12:16 AM - 12 August, 2011
Quote:
nice Lil mix. quick question ? how come you dont use the Pram Knob on the V7's to look for tracks & load em ? just kourious because i see u doing it with your laptop

I SHOULD be right, it's a habbit really, i think the purpose of having that is so that we can avoid using the laptops as much as we can,

i need to use that knob more ;-)
Fuidawg 12:20 AM - 12 August, 2011
Also I was searching for songs on the fly, hadnt sorted out anything either to make the navigation easy
DJ.Tyme 5:11 AM - 12 August, 2011
Kool. It Was A Kool Mix Still.
DJdaveZ 6:37 AM - 12 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, It freezes or crash.

Quote:
Freezes all the time. What is the deal with corrupt files. Using tracks ripped from cds. Why is Serato so freakin unstable and fickle with them. Trying to analyze files si i can remove them but still freezes. Need a work around ASAP.

have you deleted preference files for serato?
have you removed m4a and mp4 files?
those together worked for me... i was getting freezes while browsing through crates and just normal use...
Quote:
Pro DJ and I never felt so nervous. Why are so many tracks corrupt? I'm talking thousands.

I also had many corrupt... turns out that if you run files that are in your library through platinum notes you have to reanalyze first...

also reanalyzing files in 2.0 is important.

Quote:
Quote:

I SHOULD be right, it's a habbit really, i think the purpose of having that is so that we can avoid using the laptops as much as we can,

i need to use that knob more ;-)

yeah me too... i am even using command-left or right arrow a lot...
scottydog600 8:13 PM - 12 August, 2011
Quote:
I didn't use 2.0 at my gig last night.
I installed 20098 that morning and didn't test it out. I get to the gig and plug in the V7s. The screen still says the hardware is disconnect, but when I press play the track plays and the audio comes out the laptop speakers.
I quickly installed 20096 beta because I knew that worked.
I don't know if I want to install 20098 again because of the error.

Hey i have the exact same problem for my vestax vci 300 mkII, it wont say the hardware is connected for some reason, did you find anyway on how to solve this problem?
Fuidawg 5:59 AM - 13 August, 2011
OK, man can I say I love this Serato Itch 2.0 4 hrs straight no clitch, the day view is really good too!

The only bad thing was my Numark X9 mixer flaked out on me and clipped and shut itself out,TWICE! That was not good,

Just had to reset turn everything off and on again, and I was on again, but TWICE? NOT GOOD....

So I want to find a stronger mixer, any recommendations? I saw the red light a couple of times and without noticed shut me down

But Serato 2.0 is LEGIT!
biofunk 6:09 AM - 13 August, 2011
I played with 2.o at a birthday party last weekend. It took a second to get use to but it worked. I'll probably toy with it this weekend but I have found a few things about it that are not quite right about it. Good start though!
biofunk 6:10 AM - 13 August, 2011
err yeah sorry for repeater there
Fuidawg 6:12 AM - 13 August, 2011
Quote:
I played with 2.o at a birthday party last weekend. It took a second to get use to but it worked. I'll probably toy with it this weekend but I have found a few things about it that are not quite right about it. Good start though!

yea, still some issues here and there, but definitely a good start..
DJ K-Zee 2:59 PM - 13 August, 2011
My buddy played 2.0 last night, gig was 4 hours he didn't have a single issue (from what I saw at least).
Dj Ace 5:15 PM - 13 August, 2011
Quote:
Yeah I am not sure what is the complaining about with dropouts with Itch 2.0. I am running 2.0 and NS7 on an older MBP 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GM 106 MHz DDR3 with no drop outs what so ever. It even works on Lion 10.7!!!

yup me too and a 2.66 is not that old LOL (last years model)
dj genius 33 3:13 AM - 22 August, 2011
why is it now that i turn on my pioneer ddj s1 and turn on itch it keeps crashing and turning off automtically...i really feel like cursing...i have a gig next week.......why am i having problems to just play a song......all i did was transfer songs.......could that be the reason 4 the crashes....NEED HELP B4 I LOOSE IT
Dj Ace 3:24 AM - 22 August, 2011
create a help ticket...
DJ.Tyme 5:07 AM - 22 August, 2011
dj genius 33 have you tried installing virtual Dj to see if it fix's sum of your problems ?
DJ.Tyme 5:08 AM - 22 August, 2011
i no alot of people including myself use VDJ & itch just in case one or the other is not working right
Fuidawg 6:33 AM - 22 August, 2011
wow, so after using serato itch 2.0 for a month, and then a saw this post and decided to load#virtualdj 7.0 and man I really miss the effects, something I think Itch 2.0 lacks flangerout, flippindouble, backspin, flanged loop-out, beatgrid, beatbox ... if Serato ill have these effects, i will get rid of vdj for good!
dj genius 33 4:19 PM - 22 August, 2011
so u are saying install vdj on pioneer ddj s1...has anyone does this?
DJ.Tyme 7:24 PM - 22 August, 2011
Hey dj genius 33 hit me with a pm (personal message) with your email address and I'll send you the mapper. I've hooked up some other DJ's with the pio mapper & the NS7 mapper.
DJ Tupsy 8:45 PM - 22 August, 2011
Used the 2.0 at a 9 hours wedding gig this weekend.
No faults at all.
Using my Denon 5000 and a Win 7, 64 bit, I5 computer. (Not a Mac)
Just love it.. ;-)
Paco71 9:29 PM - 22 August, 2011
Quote:
Hey dj genius 33 hit me with a pm (personal message) with your email address and I'll send you the mapper. I've hooked up some other DJ's with the pio mapper & the NS7 mapper.

Yep, the S1 Mapper works fine on PC but not on mac..
Fuidawg 6:50 PM - 26 August, 2011
My setup at BYU football luau yesterday with the day view of Itch 2.0 ;-) www.facebook.com!/photo.php?fbid=166434963433428&set=a.125147094228882.25610.113144098762515&type=1&theater
Fuidawg 6:50 PM - 26 August, 2011
Fuidawg 6:51 PM - 26 August, 2011
i hate how you can'y delete a post that you accidently hit post on here .... LOL
DjRod311 12:45 AM - 1 September, 2011
what is beta 2.0?
Ragman 3:07 AM - 1 September, 2011
Using preview before post is very helpful.
Fuidawg 3:08 AM - 1 September, 2011
Quote:
Using preview before post is very helpful.

Yes, my bad ...
DJ Fokus Tokyo 5:04 AM - 1 September, 2011
Used it last Friday for 4 hours solid. No issues!

Was nice getting used to the new layout as I had been on the old version since it came out. Layout swapping as well as the slight changes to sync (it actutally doesn't seem to display the synced BPM until you start the track you are mixing in). The track selection is greatly improved being able to see album art now as well as edit it within the app. Didn't have a chance to play with the sampler as I am on the VCI300 and I do like the one-one UX.

One thing that would be great, as I use my itunes library, is bringing the ratings over and displaying them withing ITCH...I know been mentioned before, but just my feedback.

Other then that highly recommended!

Will have to try some of the other features next time, especially the social one.
DJ Fokus Tokyo 3:46 AM - 20 September, 2011
Have used it at 2 gigs since my last post, and it is working flawless!

Now that I have been getting used to the interface I really am appreciating the day and night view switch, as well as the album art in different views.

The auto sync lag which I mentioned above, can be a slight confusing at times as you can't really tell if two tracks are synced until you press play on the opposite deck. I also wish it would display the ratings from itunes, but neither is a show stopper.

Looking forward to downloading the new fixes and anticipating the next feature releases.
BadBoyChubs 11:56 AM - 20 September, 2011
I used it in the club scene and other mobile gigs & it worked great,
sunnyred 2:58 PM - 20 September, 2011
Has anyone experience the sound going out on the headphone outputs on the NS7??
dj lashes 5:27 PM - 20 September, 2011
Quote:
Has anyone experience the sound going out on the headphone outputs on the NS7??

I had the same thing on sunday night with my VCI-300 mk1 when it was ok again crazy
Fuidawg 9:30 PM - 11 October, 2011
I just got me a new mac pro i7, and will be installing Itch 2.0.1 and copying over my music, Stupid question is will I need to rescan all my music again? or is there a file I can copy from my current pc laptop that has all my music in? ;-)
djcerla 11:16 PM - 11 October, 2011
Quote:
I just got me a new mac pro i7, and will be installing Itch 2.0.1 and copying over my music, Stupid question is will I need to rescan all my music again? or is there a file I can copy from my current pc laptop that has all my music in? ;-)

just copy the scratchLIVE or ITCH folder (it's in your music folder)

you don't need to rescan
Fuidawg 4:42 AM - 12 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

just copy the scratchLIVE or ITCH folder (it's in your music folder)

you don't need to rescan

Got it, i also found a youtube video on how to transfer over all my music as well and then using the relocate lost file option etc, man this will save me time, thanks again!
3en80n 10:51 PM - 19 October, 2011
i did a 3 n half hour set gig last oct. 9 with ns6 hooked on it.... the very first time i use it live since i've bought it a week and a half prior to the gig..... its solid !.. everything went smooth even though i dont have a cd on stand-by if something went bad just in case....
Maskrider 12:53 AM - 20 October, 2011
I've been using it since it came out.....On every gig.
DJ Fokus Tokyo 3:35 PM - 24 October, 2011
5hrs again...no issues with 2.0.1.

Thanks Serato!!
leonteegan 10:20 AM - 30 October, 2011
3hr set last night & solid as a rock
supajremix 9:30 PM - 30 October, 2011
Brand spanky Pioneer DDJ with 2.0.... literally out of the box. 5 hours straight... burnin up the cue buttons, a little scratchin and not a hiccup. must admit, had an ipod plugged into the aux, just for a safety net.... never touched it after doin a sound check. recorded the whole night to .WAV.... had a listen in the morning... converted to mp3 and put on my ipod. must say i was F***ing impressed.!!!

points to note...

need midi mapping for sp6 (had mpd24 with ssl)
THE BRIDGE!!! please.
Fuidawg 8:42 PM - 16 November, 2011
I hear they have a new beta version soon to be released, either today or tomorrow ... on one of my problem tkt ... anyone hear anything? if any new features?
Kevin "Soulkhitect" Gibson 8:57 PM - 16 November, 2011
INTERESTING............. its almost COB EST doubt today!
raequan 5:24 PM - 17 November, 2011
got a new denon hc-5000 last monday... installed it at my friends studio and then friday played an 80's party without even ever trying out it the controller that monday.. just came up to the Hc-5000 plug the usb and launched itch 2.0