DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HOW TO LOOP WITH SERATO ?

Hip Hope 2:29 AM - 12 July, 2011
Hi
I´ve tried it but I don´t get it .

Can someone explain me how to make loops in SSL ?
Mike_P 2:33 AM - 12 July, 2011
Wow
Dj Bacik 2:34 AM - 12 July, 2011
I just hit those numbers typically 8 and pray. Don't forget to pray though. Because thats where the magic makes a loop.
dj_soo 2:35 AM - 12 July, 2011
should really read the manual before asking on the boards - most of the basic stuff is covered in there:

serato.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:13 PM - 12 July, 2011
i have a feeling your in abs mode, turn it to relative (rel)....also im retracting the "hip" from the name until we can get an evaluation on this...ill leave you with hope though
SeriousCyrus 1:22 PM - 12 July, 2011
Make sure you analysed your tracks first, unplug your serato box/mixer, then open SSL, you'll see the option. If it's not that, there's really no hope for you, loops are unbelievably easy in SSL.
DJ Remy USA 2:17 PM - 12 July, 2011
looping with SSL is pretty easy make sure you got it on relative mode
DJ Remy USA 2:18 PM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:
i have a feeling your in abs mode, turn it to relative (rel)....also im retracting the "hip" from the name until we can get an evaluation on this...ill leave you with hope though

lol no hip your just hope now....like i hope you you DJ better than the questions you ask.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:30 PM - 12 July, 2011
lol, if you cant get this looping thing down by the end of the day sell your SL and start searching craigslist for "loaded ipod" and "topless dj needed" LOL JK
DJ GOOK 4:57 PM - 12 July, 2011
popcorn
Audio1 5:12 PM - 12 July, 2011
lol @ DJ GOOK
O.B.1 6:00 PM - 12 July, 2011
you can even set loops/cues in the offline player...

-the easiest way for me is to select Group 4 (B4 button) on the ttm57,
then hit P1 button on the desired entry point, P2 button on the desired exit point,
(hit either P button again to make fine adjustments until you have a seamless loop)
Hip Hope 9:12 PM - 12 July, 2011
@ O.B.1 : Good explanation , thank you .
@ Serious Cyrus : Been there, done that .Am not dumb.

M-Beezle : Just shut up . With a name like this I´m sure there´s no hope for YOU.
And btw I dj better than most of you balling losers.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:15 PM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:

your prob right...hows that loop comming??
sixxx 9:16 PM - 12 July, 2011
You DJ so bad, you wonder how to loop with Serato. True Story.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 9:17 PM - 12 July, 2011
You have got to be shitting me? Did he really post this? WTF?
Audio1 9:18 PM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:
You DJ so bad, you wonder how to loop with Serato. True Story.
jprime 9:29 PM - 12 July, 2011
Thread of the week in the making.
DJ GOOK 10:08 PM - 12 July, 2011
Thread of the year
DJ Remy USA 10:25 PM - 12 July, 2011
Lol someone help this guy please. Try not to poke at him he is noob and we know it no hazing allowed.
DJ GOOK 10:59 PM - 12 July, 2011
Come on Remy this is serato 101. Its like someone opening a thread asking what is a channel on a mixer.

ps. I need more butter
dj_soo 11:01 PM - 12 July, 2011
This info is right in the manual - wish people would actually read that before asking questions that are answered directly in there...
the_black_one 11:35 PM - 12 July, 2011
i been djing for a wile but how do you loop on serato?
Dj Shamann 11:37 PM - 12 July, 2011
LOL was just going to post

"I've been Djing a while but...."

Except now we have an add-on

"I've been Djing a while and I'm better than most of you but...."

;p
the_black_one 11:49 PM - 12 July, 2011
LMFAO....... You cant make this shit up!!
the_black_one 11:52 PM - 12 July, 2011
Hi folks. I been djing for a wile and consider myself superior in all aspects of the art of djing that you but how do you loop in serato?
sixxx 11:53 PM - 12 July, 2011
Stop making fun of this guy. I think he asked the wrong question.

He meant to say, "How do you DJ with Serato?"

:P
the_black_one 11:55 PM - 12 July, 2011
his epic FAIL has given us a new QUOTE!
DJ GOOK 11:59 PM - 12 July, 2011
isn't Hip Hope a female which asked us serato user to give her a dj name? or am I wrong?
Wheres the libarian Bezzle so he can post the link :)
DJ GOOK 12:05 AM - 13 July, 2011
Never mind bezzle I found it.

serato.com
DJ_Phenom 12:06 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
isn't Hip Hope a female which asked us serato user to give her a dj name? or am I wrong?
Wheres the libarian Bezzle so he can post the link :)

"he" is definitely a "she" if i remember the name thread correctly
dj_soo 12:13 AM - 13 July, 2011
another reason why you should read the manual first off is evidenced by this thread - it's like sharks smelling blood in here.
sixxx 12:22 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
another reason why you should read the manual first off is evidenced by this thread - it's like sharks smelling blood in here.

Wait. Is it her time of the month too?

:P
DJ Remy USA 12:32 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
i been djing for a wile but how do you loop on serato?

ok you guys are right wtf is this dude doing here
DJ Remy USA 12:34 AM - 13 July, 2011
hip hope come back not to many female opinions on the forum......but you gotta admit your question was pretty ridiculous.
Dj Bacik 12:42 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:

I challenge you to a looping contest.
DJ GOOK 12:46 AM - 13 July, 2011
lol
Chris Deluxe 12:51 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

L
O
L
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:50 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:51 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

your prob right...hows that loop comming??

OMG...

I'm SOOO MAD that this is actually funny.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:52 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
Thread of the year

Easily.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:55 AM - 13 July, 2011
Actually, this is a GREAT contender for

A Backfired Thread...

serato.com

Congrats!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:04 AM - 13 July, 2011
I was on her side until she said....

Quote:
M-Beezle : Just shut up . With a name like this I´m sure there´s no hope for YOU.

Sounds like she wants to Battle M-Beezle....

Whip out some Jeezy and let the fight begin...
Plus1 2:56 AM - 13 July, 2011
Should I laugh or cry or cry from laughing. Read the manual yo its right there in b&w
Daktyl 4:34 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

HAHAHAHA RTFM...
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:30 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:

Quote:

is dj mbezzle gonna have to pull an andy koffman up in here lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:31 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

HAHAHAHA RTFM...

LMFAO

+10000000000
DJBIGWIZ 7:19 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

is dj mbezzle gonna have to pull an andy koffman up in here lol

hahahaha
ND.M 8:24 AM - 13 July, 2011
Don't be so mean, she is still using a "SL-1 modem" (as stated in the german forum). Said thread turned out to be one of the best in months^^
DJ GOOK 1:07 PM - 13 July, 2011
regardless if she has a SL-1,2,57, or 68 its in black and white as stated before. Reading is Fundamental :)
SeriousCyrus 1:10 PM - 13 July, 2011
How, exactly, are they not working?
Nicky Blunt 1:11 PM - 13 July, 2011
this thread delivers!
BattleFunk 1:54 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
"I've been Djing a while and I'm better than most of you but...."

pmsl
ral 2:32 PM - 13 July, 2011
candace - b b b b but (looped)
ferb - *beatbox (looped)

Watchwww.youtube.com
ryansupak 2:44 PM - 13 July, 2011
A song won't loop unless it has a BPM calculated, correct? I actually found that odd too at first, I couldn't figure out why you couldn't just set "loop in" and "loop out" manually like a CDJ.

If someone is not a technological person or plays music that's less rigid in the BPM department I can see how this would be confusing. But then again, I'm a grownup.

I prefer the manual looping method because you can get the feel better. I never saw the appeal of letting the software decide where it was, and I think the auto-loop splitting stuff just sounds lame. That sounds better on a CDJ too if you know how to control it.

rs
dj_soo 5:24 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
A song won't loop unless it has a BPM calculated, correct? I actually found that odd too at first, I couldn't figure out why you couldn't just set "loop in" and "loop out" manually like a CDJ.

you can do this in serato too.
Nicky Blunt 5:47 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
this thread delivers!

Again!

hahahaa
DJRemix8x3 6:14 PM - 13 July, 2011
This thead is off the chain!! LMAO!!
p.l.o.style 6:14 PM - 13 July, 2011
lol this thread is funny as hell! but everybody is right, hiphope (only female on the boards)! this is real easy. lol

there are 2 ways. manually or automatically.

automatically: just hit the 1/8,1/4,1/2,1,2,4,8,16,32 (buttons on the deck) but the tracks must be analyzed. or u can set the bpm urself by tapping the spacebar on the topright of the deck. note: if the bpm isn't set to it's absolute exact time, your loops will not be fluid.

manually: cue up the record press "in" and press "out" at the end of wherever u desire. make sure the "loop" button is on. (and also remember hotkeys "[" and " ' ") to turn on/off

that should do it for you.

also, when are we gonna hear a mix from you? seems like you might have some skills... you probably better than bezzle anyways. lol
Dj Shamann 6:38 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:

If someone is not a technological person or plays music that's less rigid in the BPM department I can see how this would be confusing. But then again, I'm a grownup.

I prefer the manual looping method because you can get the feel better. I never saw the appeal of letting the software decide where it was, and I think the auto-loop splitting stuff just sounds lame. That sounds better on a CDJ too if you know how to control it.

rs

LOL @ this guy with "but then again, I'm a grown up" when it should really say "but then again, I don't know how to use it either"

;p

Quote:
I couldn't figure out why you couldn't just set "loop in" and "loop out" manually like a CDJ.

You can.
dj_soo 6:44 PM - 13 July, 2011
JESUS PEOPLE READ THE MANUAL BEFORE YOU SPOUT OFF ON THIS FORUM
the_black_one 7:04 PM - 13 July, 2011
I been djing for a wile and i'm a grown up and i'm also better than you but how do you ...............

*********Delivers once again********
jprime 7:15 PM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
lol this thread is funny as hell! but everybody is right, hiphope (only female on the boards)! this is real easy. lol

there are 2 ways. manually or automatically.

automatically: just hit the 1/8,1/4,1/2,1,2,4,8,16,32 (buttons on the deck) but the tracks must be analyzed. or u can set the bpm urself by tapping the spacebar on the topright of the deck. note: if the bpm isn't set to it's absolute exact time, your loops will not be fluid.

manually: cue up the record press "in" and press "out" at the end of wherever u desire. make sure the "loop" button is on. (and also remember hotkeys "[" and " ' ") to turn on/off

that should do it for you.

also, when are we gonna hear a mix from you? seems like you might have some skills... you probably better than bezzle anyways. lol

Props for actually giving clear instructions ;)
deezlee 6:34 AM - 14 July, 2011
when i try to make a loop manually, ssl moves the in-out points to where it thinks that they should be. then i have to go in and move them and then they stay. i have an old version so i dunno if that's normal, but that's how i have to do it.
Deejay JOEY! 7:36 AM - 14 July, 2011
Did SSL analyze your file in a bpm range that may not be accurate? For example, I have a few transition mixes that go from 70bpm to 130bpm and vice versa. The software will analyze it as 130 bpm (the majority of the mix) and calculate the loop per 130bpm when i'm trying to loop the 70 bpm section of the song. It doesn't work out. In that instance, i will set a loop manually........go to your first beat, set a cue point, click the 'in' button and play until you think it should loop back and click the 'out' button.
yaeLBrown 10:18 PM - 14 July, 2011
You guys have this all confused. Hip Hope is not even a guy.

serato.com
yaeLBrown 10:19 PM - 14 July, 2011
Quote:

serato.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:21 PM - 14 July, 2011
Quote:

serato.com

that was established much earlier in the thread
Discobee 10:22 PM - 14 July, 2011
So from the time she asked the forum to help her with pick out her DJ name until now, the manual was never read? SMH...
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:36 PM - 14 July, 2011
Quote:
So from the time she asked the forum to help her with pick out her DJ name until now, the manual was never read? SMH...

not only that but she became the best dj on the board

Quote:

i think we have a clear candidate for most improved board member!!!
djcrap 11:52 PM - 14 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

not only that but she became the best dj on the board

Quote:

i think we have a clear candidate for most improved board member!!!

hahahaha careful bezzle she will pull off a dj con-struct and make you do a mastermind...lol

now that will be hilarious as hell...seeing bezzle being owned and no longer posting on the forum
the_black_one 11:57 PM - 14 July, 2011
I'm just glad the shit monkey has not come in here and started to swing his crap all over the place like he has in other discussions!
DJ Alkemy 12:14 AM - 15 July, 2011
Quote:
when i try to make a loop manually, ssl moves the in-out points to where it thinks that they should be. then i have to go in and move them and then they stay. i have an old version so i dunno if that's normal, but that's how i have to do it.

Dont know if I understand this but the way I always make a loop is get to the start point I want my loop...PRESS IN....then let the record spind until I want the loop to end and PRESS OUT. I then check it to see if it loops on a whole bar, whatever that may be lol
deezlee 3:51 AM - 15 July, 2011
yup that's how i do it too, but when i click in, ssl doesn't put the in point exactly where i clicked, it moves it over by a little bit to where it thinks the loop should start.
d:raf 4:53 AM - 15 July, 2011
Quote:
yup that's how i do it too, but when i click in, ssl doesn't put the in point exactly where i clicked, it moves it over by a little bit to where it thinks the loop should start.

Yeah, I've noticed that. It makes it more difficult than it should be (and occasionally impossible) to set seamless loops in some songs with live drummers and/or pitch changes.
deezlee 6:06 AM - 15 July, 2011
if you go in afterwards and move the loop points, then they stay where you want them.
SeriousCyrus 10:27 AM - 15 July, 2011
Quote:

Never noticed that with SSL, but was playing around with an itch controller a couple of weeks ago, the beatgrids were off on a track and it would not let me loop in manualy at the correct point.
Maboza Ritchie 12:10 PM - 15 July, 2011
the_black_one
Quote:
I'm just glad the shit monkey has not come in here and started to swing his crap all over the place like he has in other discussions!

Now now, it's just the internet son and be careful what you wish for "poop shoot" LOL.
To quote Dj Shamann
Quote:
Any time I let screennaame123 ruin my day because he said something not nice to me is the day I hang up my modem.

You have a good day now :)
djpuma_gemini 2:59 PM - 15 July, 2011
don't feed the trolls.

probably some traktor loser coming over here to start shit.