Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NS6 soft case found!

Trumbot 3:39 AM - 31 May, 2011
I was combing the internet for a soft case that would work with the dimensions of the NS6 and I do believe that this one is almost perfect:

www.amazon.com

I am waiting to try out the NS6 before purchasing it, but I will most definitely be purchasing this case if/when I pick up the NS6.
blackavenger 1:01 PM - 31 May, 2011
Good Find.....the dimensions are perfect!
Dj Shamann 10:16 PM - 1 June, 2011
Nice one, this was one of my questions during the debate between the VCI and the NS6, I bought the VCI because portability was key, but after trying it I was just too big to maneuver around it comfortably so I returned it and put the money on an NS6, but I was still wondering about mobility.
melman 8:53 PM - 2 June, 2011
I'm currently using this case for my NS-7. I works great.
haze324 8:54 PM - 2 June, 2011
What soft case are u using for the ns7
Trumbot 11:30 PM - 2 June, 2011
This case appears to be incorrectly listed in terms of its dimensions or it might have been discontinued. I called Sam Ash about it and they say the dimensions are smaller, making it unusable for the NS6. Bummer. The search continues. Anyone else found kind of soft case that would work with the NS6 without too much empty bag space?
Trumbot 1:15 AM - 3 June, 2011
Ok, so I've found another that will work and I've special ordered it from Guitar Center. It's the G-Mix-L 1724 made by Gator, if anyone is curious:

www.gatorcases.com
DJ EZSMOOTH 6:20 PM - 3 June, 2011
But by the time you're paying $100+ for a softcase you can get an odyssey (if you take the right channels) custom case for $200...
Dj Shamann 6:37 PM - 3 June, 2011
Doesn't help if what you actually need is a soft case though. ; )
Trumbot 6:38 PM - 3 June, 2011
$79-$99 is not over $100. Also, I'm not trying to get a flight case. That will inevitably be released by Numark and Odyssey later. This is all about portability (lightweight).
blackavenger 6:43 PM - 3 June, 2011
I already bought the Odyssey Case....I plan to keep it in their @ home, it just looks better. However, for gigs, I would prefer a soft case. Here's to hoping Numark release one specifically for it.
Dj Shamann 6:52 PM - 3 June, 2011
In the meantime I'm looking at keyboard cases, once I actually have the unit in my hand it will be easier to shop.

I noticed a bag for the Boss GT floorboards that look roughly the dimensions but it's more of a backpack. I actually own a Boss GT so when i get the unit I can take a look at the size difference.

www.long-mcquade.com
blackavenger 7:54 PM - 3 June, 2011
Damn, that's a nice bag.
Rob Pointer 8:31 PM - 3 June, 2011
yes, I like that Boss one. A backpack is preferable IMO. Walking to and from gigs, through clubs, airport stuff, etc. easier to move around with.
Trumbot 9:39 PM - 3 June, 2011
Sadly, the boss bag is not deep or tall enough. You will need at least 24 by 14 by 3 in INTERIOR space
Luife 2:57 PM - 6 June, 2011
ok guys lets put this clear because i went to bed almost at 5am looking for a case , jajajaja,
i dont understand, @ Trumbot says that he called the guy that sells the cases in amazon and the dimensions are a little bit small for the ns6 and @ melman says that he use it with the ns7 , i though that the ns7 is a little bit biger than the ns6, and if anybody found any case.
Trumbot 4:42 PM - 6 June, 2011
Luife, I think he was talking about the discontinued Body Glove case.
Luife 4:45 PM - 6 June, 2011
trumbot, so the case you show us here on amazon , i checked and the post is still on, you think he fixed the measures , because after you spoke to him on the phone he should fix the info , right
Trumbot 2:59 AM - 7 June, 2011
I spoke to a Sam Ash rep and he said that the Amazon listing was incorrect and that it probably hadn't been updated in ages.
I continued my search and found that the Novation synth, the UltraNova, is very similar in dimensions to the NS6. Their gig-bag should work very well for it, though it is Novation branded. I think I will probably end up using this one, as long as it's not also discontinued **grumble grumble**
Trumbot 3:01 AM - 7 June, 2011
oh whoops, here's the link:

www.novationmusic.com

and the bag:

www.bhphotovideo.com
JDforKing 3:14 AM - 7 June, 2011
Quote:
I spoke to a Sam Ash rep and he said that the Amazon listing was incorrect and that it probably hadn't been updated in ages.
I continued my search and found that the Novation synth, the UltraNova, is very similar in dimensions to the NS6. Their gig-bag should work very well for it, though it is Novation branded. I think I will probably end up using this one, as long as it's not also discontinued **grumble grumble**

Let us know how that works out for you, i've researched it too. i really don't want a case i would prefer a bag too.
MusicDan 3:31 AM - 7 June, 2011
That color is horrible any other colors available?
Luife 3:51 AM - 8 June, 2011
I checked the novation website and i couldn't find the bag
melman 8:04 PM - 8 June, 2011
Here is a link to the case on ebay. This case fits my NS7 very well. I believe these are the same guys that I bought mine from.

cgi.ebay.com
JDforKing 8:30 PM - 8 June, 2011
Quote:
Here is a link to the case on ebay. This case fits my NS7 very well. I believe these are the same guys that I bought mine from.

cgi.ebay.com

Isn't the ns7 alot bigger than the ns6
melman 5:27 AM - 12 June, 2011
I'm not sure of the dimmensions of the NS6.
Trumbot 5:25 PM - 14 June, 2011
Okay, I just found this one and it looks almost perfect!

www.chesscentral.com

In interest of being certain, I contacted their support staff to check the depth and internal dimensions. Looks good though!
JDforKing 5:39 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:

www.chesscentral.com

In interest of being certain, I contacted their support staff to check the depth and internal dimensions. Looks good though!

who is going to be the test dummy for that, i would love to get a hold of this at that price.
elsupermang 6:28 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.chesscentral.com

who is going to be the test dummy for that, i would love to get a hold of this at that price.

Just put an order in, lets see how it goes.
JDforKing 7:10 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.chesscentral.com

Just put an order in, lets see how it goes.

How long should it take to get it? Since its so inexpensive i was thinking about getting it too.
elsupermang 8:00 PM - 14 June, 2011
Says 4-7 days with standard shipping should be here by monday im guessing
blackavenger 8:01 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:
Says 4-7 days with standard shipping should be here by monday im guessing

I'll wait to read your opinion on it....though it is a good find, especially at that price!
Trumbot 12:29 AM - 16 June, 2011
I sent them an email to ask about the case's depth measurement and padding. I am almost positive it will work, but I would like to be totally sure before ordering.
blackavenger 5:53 AM - 16 June, 2011
I'm going to order one on Friday. if no one else has reviewed it by the time I receive mine, I do this Thread a favor and do it. At that price, if it sucks...so be it...it's not a huge loss.
Trumbot 7:57 PM - 16 June, 2011
i just ordered mine for that very reason. Should know sometime next week or the week after.
hologram 8:18 PM - 16 June, 2011
Quote:

www.chesscentral.com

forget the bag look at the chess sets :)
elsupermang 4:18 PM - 17 June, 2011
Just got mine today. The NS6 fits in the bag and is definitely a good option for carrying it around. Very lightweight and portable. it comes with a short shoulder strap as well as regular handles. The depth of the bag is just slightly shallower than what would have been ideal but it definitely fits without effort. Part of the issue is that there are 3 big pockets for chess pieces that take up some of the space. These may be able to be removed since they are sewn in. I will try that later. In the meantime here are some pics:

www.imgplace.com
www.imgplace.com
www.imgplace.com
www.imgplace.com
www.imgplace.com
www.imgplace.com
Trumbot 6:42 PM - 17 June, 2011
Beautiful! Pretty much what I'd hoped for and a steal at around $20!
blackavenger 7:09 PM - 17 June, 2011
Quote:
Part of the issue is that there are 3 big pockets for chess pieces that take up some of the space. These may be able to be removed since they are sewn in. I will try that later.

www.imgplace.com

My suggestion, leave the two end pockets, and remove the center.
blackavenger 7:11 PM - 17 June, 2011
By the way, Trumbot, thanks for finding this, and posting the pics. I ordered mine about an hour ago.
Trumbot 1:11 AM - 18 June, 2011
I was a man on a mission so I figured I'd make sure nobody else had to slog through it!
blackavenger 6:59 AM - 18 June, 2011
Quote:
I was a man on a mission so I figured I'd make sure nobody else had to slog through it!

Sorry, I had it wrong...Thanks, Trumbot for finding this, and thanks, Elsupermang for posting the pics of the one that you bought.

There, now it's fixed :)
Trumbot 4:08 AM - 21 June, 2011
Just got the chess case and it works great! Could have a touch more padding for the lining and a bit more room inside, but fits great. People need to jump on this deal.
DJ Shorty Smooth 7:02 PM - 21 June, 2011
DJ Shorty Smooth 7:03 PM - 21 June, 2011
check out the case i went with.

www.facebook.com
Dj Shamann 8:04 PM - 21 June, 2011
^ too bad it's so deep, still nice one.
JDforKing 6:27 PM - 22 June, 2011
i just got my ns6 case/bag www.chesscentral.com, it fits perfectly. Trumbot, thanks again we really appreciate it.
LEDPaint 1:40 AM - 25 June, 2011
I have to admit, before I actually saw it in a store, I was down hard on the Odyssey case as all my other Odyssey cases were pretty bare-bones bricks, but the Odyssey NS6 case really is worth it. I'm picky as hell and hard to impress, but I was impressed and I take back anything bad I said about it.

I was ready to buy a little gig bag, but this thing made me realize it's well worth the expense.
blackavenger 11:36 PM - 25 June, 2011
Buy both.
hologram 6:31 PM - 26 June, 2011
Quote:
Buy both.

+1
Kenso 3:50 AM - 28 June, 2011
This isnt the smallest bag, but It could be more advantageous if you want to stuff other stuff inside like a MB charger, power strip, etc, or just add more foam.

www.americanmusical.com
blackavenger 6:32 AM - 28 June, 2011

Too big......the ChessCentral bag is damned near perfect.
JDforKing 2:43 PM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:

Too big......the ChessCentral bag is damned near perfect.

That chess bag is perfect i got mine and im loving it.
Kenso 3:22 PM - 28 June, 2011
whoa hold on there fanboys, that doesn't mean we stop looking. not everyone wants to use a chess bag to carry around a $1000 investment.

either that or change the name of this thread to "stop looking we found the perfect solution"
LEDPaint 3:37 PM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:
whoa hold on there fanboys, that doesn't mean we stop looking. not everyone wants to use a chess bag to carry around a $1000 investment.

either that or change the name of this thread to "stop looking we found the perfect solution"

Kenso:the voice of reason.
blackavenger 5:01 PM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:

Quote:
Kenso:the voice of reason.

hahaha....true.

but the dimensions do need to be exact...or "very" close to it! I'm not trying to have my thousand dollar investment shifting around in the bag either.
Dj Shamann 5:25 PM - 28 June, 2011
Yeah I'm not completely sold on the chess bag yet, between the color (less important) and looking like there's not much padding (true I could stick foam in those pockets) it still seems like a temporary solution.

The world tour bag looks decent (minus the logo) but it's only 4 inches too big on one side, and 2 on the other (roughly)

We should be looking at keyboard bags as well i think.
Trumbot 5:36 PM - 28 June, 2011
I wouldn't waste your time on searching keyboard bags. I scoured so, so many looking for correct dimensions and found none that would work. Keyboards are either too skinny or too long compared to the ns6.
Dj Shamann 5:51 PM - 28 June, 2011
I was thinking along the lines of the MPK49 which is roughly the size, (2 inches too shallow though)

It's too bad the Zebra cases don't come in a standard that size, somebody linked it over on ScratchLive side and I ended up buying one for the VCI, it was perfect.

www.zebracase.com

I don't know if they do custom sizes but it might be worth checking out.
Kenso 6:01 PM - 28 June, 2011
You don’t want something to fit “perfect”. The NS6 is only flat on two sides, the ends. If you want a soft bag you will have to cut some custom foam to protect the pots on the front or the rca’s on the back, depending on how you will routinely drop it in. Same thing on the top. Need some type of protection. But that’s just me! You may not care.

I agree, there are about a dozen keyboard cases that are just slightly too small. And the other sizes are just TOO big. That’s why I posted this one from World Tour. Its durable, and has 20mm padding. Its not that much bigger, and when you include your custom foam protection, it should fit “perfect”. And finally I would put a seam ripper to that hideous logo…

Im not saying the World Tour is the ONE to get, Im just posting alternatives.

Btw, I finally got one quote back for a custom fit ata case w/ wheels and pull handle. $425
8-[
Dj Shamann 6:33 PM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:
You don’t want something to fit “perfect”. The NS6 is only flat on two sides, the ends. If you want a soft bag you will have to cut some custom foam to protect the pots on the front or the rca’s on the back, depending on how you will routinely drop it in. Same thing on the top. Need some type of protection. But that’s just me! You may not care.

I don't want it to be too snug either, unless it's a foam situation like the Zebra cases I linked. I had no problem with the World Tour bag (other than the "hey look at me, I'm on tour!" sticker on the side)

But if it's too big and I have to put random pieces of foam here and there, I may not find that so ideal either.

Quote:

Im not saying the World Tour is the ONE to get, Im just posting alternatives.

+1
Dj Beware 7:25 PM - 29 June, 2011
This *might* work www.ilugger.com
Dj Beware 7:27 PM - 29 June, 2011
^^ it is expensive though $199.00
Dj Shamann 12:59 AM - 30 June, 2011
^ dimensions are way off

Just saw another poster (michadj3001) link this...
www.salection.de

From this thread

serato.com
blackavenger 4:59 AM - 30 June, 2011
Damn, Numark....what's taking Y'all sooooooo looooong?

Make a NS6 soft case for us.....don't Y'all want to make more money?!?!?!?!?

...and for God's sake don't plaster "NUMARK" in really big letters all over the bag.....have some tact!

**by the way, if you are thinking of making one....I would like a pocket for my 15" MBP, Headphones, & Cables.......thanks ;) **
DJ Shorty Smooth 1:04 AM - 1 July, 2011
check my flight case.

www.facebook.com!/pages/Numark-NS6/190071324336262
DJ Splat 1:38 AM - 4 July, 2011
found this one online today. Hardshell but cheap. As light as the NS6 is a couple extra lbs. on the case shouldn't break anyones back.
www.guitarcenter.com
Kenso 1:49 AM - 4 July, 2011
Quote:
found this one online today. Hardshell but cheap. As light as the NS6 is a couple extra lbs. on the case shouldn't break anyones back.
www.guitarcenter.com

I ordered that on Thursday. I will probably lose a day because of the holiday, so I should see it Tuesday if Im lucky, Thursday If Im not.

Im going to stuff a powerstrip to house the NS6 and Mac power supplies with the lid closed, while the NS6 sits on top (keep in mind this case has non-removable hinges in the pictures) And I will install chassis mount power receptacles, like I did with my 1200 coffin.

Should be able to fit my MBPro and Uber inside to transport. I was receiving $400+ quotes for a custom case with handle and wheels. I figured I'd see how this keyboard case works first.

I'll post pics with the finished product if anyone is interested, otherwise I go the Cee Lo route.
Dj Shamann 1:49 AM - 4 July, 2011
LOL That weighs more than the NS6!
Kenso 1:56 AM - 4 July, 2011
Yeah, I went back and forth on WTF I wanted to do about this. The glide case by Odyssey is roughly the same size. Inch longer here, inch shorter there. I just hate those freakin glider cases. I thought I would do something different by just sitting it on top. In any case, this one costs half as much.

Stop laughing at me...
DJ Splat 1:57 AM - 4 July, 2011
@ Kenso let me know how it turns out. Perfect dimensions. @ Shamann I've got the NS7 too so anything is lighter than that. Haha. Almost sold it last week( my NS7) and chickened out and took it off craiglist. Man I love that thing. You just can't get a more responsive platter than that of the NS7
hologram 1:58 AM - 4 July, 2011
Had to go with the glider case. Working on a mod with a mac mini, external thunderbolt drives, flip monitor and a UPS.
Kenso 1:59 AM - 4 July, 2011
oooh. lets see that!
hologram 2:01 AM - 4 July, 2011
soon as it gets here it'll take a few weeks. if the slide is the right height most of that will be in the slide.
DJ Splat 4:16 AM - 4 July, 2011
Pimpin!
LEDPaint 2:06 PM - 4 July, 2011
Odyssey is supposed to be putting out a non-glide hard case by the end of July.
blackavenger 2:55 PM - 4 July, 2011
Quote:
Odyssey is supposed to be putting out a non-glide hard case by the end of July.

Y'all do know that it's possible to slide the shelf off from the "Glide-Styled" cases, right? Sure, the cover is still huge, and heavy, but it's not necessary to have the shelf there if you don't want it. I've taken it off and replaced it many times now.

I'm pretty satisfied w' the ChessCentral bag for the moment. However, I've honestly considered just having a high-quality soft case made for me......one that would fit my Laptop, Crane Stand, Cables, and Headphones.
LEDPaint 3:02 AM - 5 July, 2011
You can take the glide off, but the non-glide is going to be about $100 from what I was told. I love the glide case, but if this one has the same build quality and padding, that's a huge price difference.
DJ Splat 3:38 AM - 5 July, 2011
Heres what I went with. I love this bag! Built like a tank. A little big side to side but the velcro straps hold it perfectly in place. My laptop fits the front pocket like it was meant to be there( 14 inch laptop). Accessory pocket holding cables and Headphone. Super heavy duty Shoulder strap and some hidden pockets too. 89 bucks at Guitar Center. Gigskinz DGK4. Here's some pics.
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
DJ Shorty Smooth 9:18 PM - 5 July, 2011
take a look at this one.

www.facebook.com
DJ Shorty Smooth 9:20 PM - 5 July, 2011
Quote:
www.guitarcenter.com

ne

i had this one made. it is small and sturdy,

www.facebook.com
DJ Splat 10:05 PM - 5 July, 2011
@ Shorty Smooth, Who did the work for you? It looks good!
DJ Splat 3:12 PM - 6 July, 2011
Just put the finishing touched on the bag. Made a custom foam insert.
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
DJ Splat 3:13 PM - 6 July, 2011
Finishing touches! Typo
E45 9:45 PM - 6 July, 2011
@DJ Splat - Any links of this bag to buy online? Where did you get the foam? I think this is exactly what I've been looking for!
Thanks.
DJ Splat 10:02 PM - 6 July, 2011
99 online w/ them but 89 at guitar center. Had some spare foam at work.
store.gigskinz.com
Kid.W.I.K. 2:08 PM - 9 August, 2011
been following this thread for some time now with hopes that i would find something that would fit my needs. i was on search again online recently for a soft case and ran into this which looks pretty awesome.

store.roadreadycases.com

anybody seen and/or try this yet? They say it fits an NS6 but the depth looks like it comes up short by about a half inch i think?
Kenso 4:15 PM - 9 August, 2011
Looks like it will fit tightly.
Good find!! Wish I woulda seen this a month ago.
E45 4:17 PM - 9 August, 2011
@Kenso: What kind of bag did you get?
Kenso 5:40 PM - 9 August, 2011
Check it out here: serato.com
Kenso 5:57 PM - 9 August, 2011
Quote:
store.roadreadycases.com

anybody seen and/or try this yet? They say it fits an NS6 but the depth looks like it comes up short by about a half inch i think?

Did you get any info from RoadReady?

Anyone want to suck it up and go for it?? LOL
Kid.W.I.K. 6:02 PM - 9 August, 2011
I just seen that it's on back order. was going to inquire with them about it once the ns6 decksaver is on the market (whenever that is). i wanted to use it in conjunction with a soft case so the platters and all the knobs arent coming into contact with anything while packed in.
Kenso 6:13 PM - 9 August, 2011
Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldnt want to put anything in those top zippers without a decksaver. I emailed them blokes about 5 weeks ago maybe, and they said the NS6 saver would be out "soon".

Again, great find! Nice looking, handle and wheels. Dope! $170... not so bad for getting all three features! Usually, you cant get everything out of one choice. I gotta stop myself from ordering one of these things now... I already built my flight case...
Kid.W.I.K. 6:20 PM - 9 August, 2011
Thanks. Yeah i emailed them too. It gets frustrating when there isn't any real release date for any product.

Yeah i think the wheels, handle and design kinda sold it for me. and road ready seems to be a pretty reputable company. just hope there wont be a problem of it getting in stock by the time im ready to buy one.
Kenso 6:28 PM - 9 August, 2011
Just got this in my inbox:

Quote:
These should be available in a few weeks. Please check back on our website at this time.
Best Regards,

Agatha Gerutto
Cases, Bags and Staging for all your needs!
www.roadreadycases.com

So the wait continues "a few weeks" ... why oh why are these things such an afterthought...
Kid.W.I.K. 6:30 PM - 9 August, 2011
Nice! with any luck that and the decksavers be available at the same time hopefully.
DJ_AhhYo 10:45 PM - 15 August, 2011
Found the perfect case for it!

www.odysseygear.com
Paco71 11:17 PM - 15 August, 2011
Another One ;) :

www.magma-bags.com
DJ_AhhYo 11:25 PM - 15 August, 2011
@ PACO Nice but cant find a dealer in the US who sells Magma do you know of any?? The Odyssey one is nice too just need to compare prices now .. Odyssey sells for $149 what's the price on the MAGMA?
Kid.W.I.K. 7:46 AM - 16 August, 2011
wow. those are awesome as well. now i'm having a hard time deciding.
Kenso 2:31 PM - 16 August, 2011
Kid WIK, the one from Odyssey is the same one you found first at Road Ready, except theyre probably available at Odyssey. As for the German bag, the shipping cost is a deal breaker for me, let alone the Euro conversion. Go ahead, add it to your shopping cart and find out.
Kid.W.I.K. 3:00 PM - 16 August, 2011
Hey Kenso. the Odyssey one is actually different. it doesnt have wheels and the pull out handlebar. it probably looks like the road ready one cause they show a picture of it mounted on a back with a handle. you're right the price on the magma one is a huge deal breaker. hopefully they can have some dealers in the us carry this sometime soon.
Kenso 3:44 PM - 16 August, 2011
KidWIK, I stand corrected. Maybe they are of the same maker? They are very similar. But I would rather have the pull handle/wheels.
Dj Shamann 9:42 AM - 7 September, 2011
JDforKing 12:12 PM - 7 September, 2011

I got this a couple of weeks ago. Very nice bag.
ZackDarling 1:14 AM - 27 September, 2011
I've been to the Studio Slips shop before and they make amazing custom bags. You could create a Custom Padded Briefcase GigBag that fit the NS6 perfectly for around $150. You can also have laptop sections and pockets for your headphones and cables added for $15 each. It's a cool company and all their gear is made in the US.

Check them out: studioslips.com
BiggV 11:45 PM - 12 October, 2011
www.google.com

Here ya go!!!! I think this is it. I got the Hard Case and its a Tank lol
BiggV 11:46 PM - 12 October, 2011
Quote:
www.google.com

Here ya go!!!! I think this is it. I got the Hard Case and its a Tank lol

This is a Great soft case
kamtheman 2:54 AM - 25 October, 2011
Hi guys, I'm on the hunt for a soft case for my recently purchased NS6 over here in the UK. I noticed when I collected it a Pioneer DJC SC1 bag in the corner of the store. The staff let me try it with their store NS6 and it was a pretty decent fit and a nice looking bag. However, I bolted at the £170 ($220+) price tag! Even the staff said Pioneer were stupidly expensive.

Still, it's a nice bag and I've no idea if it's available or cheaper over your side of the pond. I am completely stuck for soft bag alternatives over here I think.

www.dv247.com
BiggV 2:43 PM - 25 October, 2011
www.google.com

Kam here ya go the best so far IMO.
kamtheman 12:06 AM - 28 October, 2011
thanks but to be honest with shipping I might as well get the Pioneer one. However, I do like the Road Ready one as it has a handle. I took the NS6 to my first gig with my vci as backup. Boy I am glad I used a travel bag with wheels as together with my laptop there was quite a weight to lug around.

loved the ns6....SO much more level out than the vci and I had great fun with the effects!

When will the road ready one come into stock???? I emailed them with no response in 2 days...:(
DJ dVO 3:35 PM - 30 October, 2011
LOL, you definitely haven't lugged the NS7 with its flight case!!

Okay I am torn between which one to choose!

The Magma: www.magma-bags.com

The Odyssey: www.odysseygear.com

and

The Pioneer: www.dv247.com

These are great soft cases for the NS6.
kamtheman 4:57 PM - 30 October, 2011
I'm not a fan of flight cases as far too heavy to lug around for gig!

Well as far as i can see, the Pioneer seems to only be available over here in the UK at the hugely overpriced £170 which is around $270! However, it is nice.

The other two seem to only be available in Europe and the States and I can't seem to buy them over here.

My favourite is the Road Ready one as it has wheels which I think is necessary. However, no idea on stock over there in the US...and no reply to my email enquiring about it...

Numark over here say one dedicated bag is coming...but no price or date yet....
weeggyy 12:48 PM - 31 October, 2011
try this from gator for only $89

www.gatorcases.com
blackavenger 1:52 PM - 31 October, 2011
Quote:
try this from gator for only $89

www.gatorcases.com

If only it were $50, it would be worth it. Good find regardless.....it's nice to have multiple options. Still, I wish Numark would just give us a proper bag.
kamtheman 9:24 PM - 31 October, 2011
Gator is a nice cheap option....again I can't buy over here! Even the Gator UK site doesn't sell it but will ring/email them to find out. Can anyone find a US site that ships internationally please? Cheers.
kamtheman 1:17 PM - 1 November, 2011
I'm ordering a Novation one today. at 40 quid (sterling) it's worth the risk. I think it will have quite a bit of space around it but can easily pad that out.

www.dv247.com

Until the road ready case or numark one is available, it will do. I'll feedback as to how it is when I get it.
ZackDarling 8:47 PM - 4 November, 2011
This one clearly looks like the best of them all. It's sick. Looks heavy-duty, plus the wheels and the handle? I want one!

I guess Road Ready Cases and GigSkinz are the same company. They still have this one listed as unavailable. I called and left them a message today to see when it will be available. I'll post here when I hear back from them.

GigSkinz
store.gigskinz.com

Road Ready Cases
store.roadreadycases.com
Sivante 10:12 AM - 7 November, 2011
thanks to all for their contributions to this thread... been dreading finding something suitable, and all the links & feedback has been of much help - greatly appreciated! :-)
kamtheman 10:16 AM - 9 November, 2011
@Zack, any reply dude? I can't find stock of this Novation Gig Bag in the UK to tie me over. I'm getting really frustrated having to wrap my NS6 in towels and going to a gig with a trolley bag I go skiing with!

Oh for a decksaver too.....

Gigskinz/Roadreadythe one to go for....just need stock.
kamtheman 10:23 AM - 9 November, 2011
Hi all, what do you think of this? Dimensions seem similar to the other gigskinz apart from .25 of an inch in width...which I'm pretty certain won't matter.

www.djkit.com

Thoughts?
ZackDarling 5:21 PM - 9 November, 2011
No response yet. I'm going to try again today during business hours.
dj_spark 3:39 PM - 11 November, 2011
The gator seems like a nice cheap option. Thanks guys !
Sivante 7:19 PM - 11 November, 2011
has anybody bought the Gator G-CLUB CONTROL 25?

looks nice, though doesn't seem like there'd be much padding to it at all... would it still do the job well?
Rob Pointer 9:24 PM - 28 November, 2011
yes, I bought it. It does NOT fit the NS6. It is an extremely nice bag, but it won't fit the controller - which is disappointing because I really like it. It isn't wide enough.
Rob Pointer 9:42 PM - 28 November, 2011
I'm buying this one.

www.agiprodj.com

Odyssey case which is a rebranded Magma one that is available overseas but not here as Magma.

Looks to be the exact same case.

$149 USD.

not bad. Can't wait for Numark or the Gigskinz one any longer. Took a trip to NYC to DJ at the Sullivan room the weekend before last and it was a nightmare not having a specific case made for the NS6 (LAX to JFK, lug around NYC to Sullivan Room and back to hotel. Fuhgettaboutit).

lol
kamtheman 1:16 AM - 29 November, 2011
I'm picking up the cheap Ultranova gig bag this week. it's cheap so I hope it does the job until such time as the gigskinz one with wheels eventually comes into stock (and can be shipped internationally).

I'll let you know how novation one is.

I too am bored of lugging around my new ns6 in a generic trolley bag wrapped in bathroom towels for padding!
dj_spark 4:05 PM - 2 December, 2011
blackavenger 5:00 PM - 2 December, 2011
Quote:
A new comer :
nambagear.com
www.digitaldjtips.com

Really Cool....but a little on the LARGE, doncha' think?
kamtheman 5:36 PM - 2 December, 2011
Quite a bit of room around it but looks decent.

Oh, just to let you know the Novation gigbag for the Ultranova is a perfect fit for the NS6. It is not massively padded but I'm happy enough and there is JUST enough space in the front pouch for a 15inch laptop (and mine is quite chunky).

For £40 ($80?) I thought it was a complete steal and will do me until I decide on a major upgrade to the bag, preferably one with wheels and space for all the power supplies/cables/microphone/laptop in one.
Papa Midnight 2:56 AM - 3 December, 2011
Quote:
LOL, you definitely haven't lugged the NS7 with its flight case!!

As someone who owns one of these: www.flickr.com (not my photo), I can say that this man speaks the truth...
Quote:
I'm not a fan of flight cases as far too heavy to lug around for gig!

I won't argue that. It is heavy, but I've benefited from that in two ways: It's made me physically stronger from lifting and carrying that thing around (which can easily break 100lbs since I store cables in there too) and it gives me the peace of mind that my equipment is well protected - particularly from shock damage (stuff happens) and any possible damage during transportation.
kamtheman 4:03 AM - 3 December, 2011
Hi all, having taken out my Novation bag for a gig tonight I have to stress it doesn't offer an amazing amount of protection. It took a couple of slight knocks on my shoulder...and I definitely felt it bump the actual controller...so for £40 it was worth a spin but I am hunting an upgrade already. :(
dj_spark 10:59 AM - 5 December, 2011
Quote:

Oh, just to let you know the Novation gigbag for the Ultranova is a perfect fit for the NS6. It is not massively padded...

This is the reason why I didn't take it.
I had a magma remix dj bag for my old vci100/300 an was very strong, and i could take subway, train, plane without any fear.

For the NS6 it is another story : the Namba is really big, flightcase are not for me anymore (size/weight), well I'm still not decided... :S
Sivante 10:20 AM - 12 December, 2011
I got the Gator G-Club Control 25... workin' good.

Nice fit. Padding is decent, still want to be careful, but adequate. Worth $50 more than the chess bag. $60 more for the Odyssey COULD be worth it for the extra padding, though that one's a fair amount bigger.

All personal choice, but this one works for me for now. :-)
ZackDarling 7:56 PM - 13 December, 2011
Okay... So in reference to my previous comment...

Quote:
This one clearly looks like the best of them all. It's sick. Looks heavy-duty, plus the wheels and the handle? I want one!

I guess Road Ready Cases and GigSkinz are the same company. They still have this one listed as unavailable. I called and left them a message today to see when it will be available. I'll post here when I hear back from them.

GigSkinz
store.gigskinz.com

Road Ready Cases
store.roadreadycases.com

My buddy ordered this (from the GigSkinz website) and it actually was shipped within a week. I think they just need to update their site. The bag exists, they have it in stock, and they're shipping it when you order it. Disregard the "item not in stock" on the site as it's BS.

I used the bag this weekend for a gig in San Francisco at The Filmore. I was able to pack my NS6, laptop, headphones, camera, box of business cards & stickers, cables (including a number of backup RCA's and USB's), and even squeezed a bottle of sake into the bag. It was heavy, but it had wheels so that made it much more easy to handle. I had an hour to kill before I set up at the venue so I ended up wheeling my gear around SF for an hour. The bag held up well and the handle and wheels seemed sturdy enough. I did get the feeling, however, that after a few more hours of being dragged on concrete, the wheels might fall apart. They're strong, but not necessarily heavy duty. The bag's side handle and shoulder strap made it easy to juggle when going up stairs and navigating through crowds. I did end up wishing it had backpack straps too, however.

I did run into one issue though, when I was at the venue. Once it was time to set up, I pulled everything out on the table (a typical 6' folding table) and had no way to bring my NS6 higher up so I wasn't bending down. Also my laptop just sat beside the NS6 on the table. As I reviewed the pictures from the event, I look hunched over to access my gear. This is one of the true benefits to something like an Odyssey hard case (www.djdeals.com) with a sliding laptop tray - it stacks on the lid which makes it taller, and the laptop is up higher so you don't look like you're checking your email while you DJ.

So, if I had to choose, I'd probably still get this GigSkinz bag - especially if I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling. It's great for transportation, but definitely lacks presentation structure when it's time to DJ.

Hope that helps you all decide!
DJ Knuk 3:18 PM - 11 January, 2012
Quote:
Just got mine today. The NS6 fits in the bag and is definitely a good option for carrying it around. Very lightweight and portable. it comes with a short shoulder strap as well as regular handles. The depth of the bag is just slightly shallower than what would have been ideal but it definitely fits without effort.

Got this for Christmas and the bag is 2-3 cm too short, frustrates me, how did you manage to fit yours? :(
Rob Pointer 8:31 PM - 11 January, 2012
yeah this one: Gator G-Club Control 25

doesn't fit the NS6. I'm not sure what the above post about this bag is about. I own it and it is a good bag, but it isn't big enough to hold it.

rob.
DJ Knuk 9:15 AM - 12 January, 2012
I refered to the chess-bag that soo many got working in the top part of this discussion.
blackavenger 9:18 AM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
I refered to the chess-bag that soo many got working in the top part of this discussion.

mine fits fine!
DJ Knuk 9:26 AM - 12 January, 2012
Weird, mine is 2-3cm too short :/
blackavenger 9:43 AM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
Weird, mine is 2-3cm too short :/

Oh, it's a tight fit, but it works....perhaps you're not trying hard enough?
blackavenger 9:44 AM - 12 January, 2012
I'll take a couple pics later today......show you how I get it in there. (NH)
DJ Knuk 10:59 AM - 12 January, 2012
Ahh thanks, well I don't wanted to break it, but I've lost one of the zippers already. Might be the angle I'm inserting it (this sounds soo wrong, haha). Really appreciating feedback :)
Pete Input 3:17 PM - 18 January, 2012
New bag from Numark:
www.numark.com

This is also interesting...
"Plus, there's even a special protective sleeve included for the NS6FX and 4TRAK FX Consoles".
blackavenger 3:41 PM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
New bag from Numark:
www.numark.com

This is also interesting...
"Plus, there's even a special protective sleeve included for the NS6FX and 4TRAK FX Consoles".

ABOUT FRACKIN' TIME..........
VinnyBlanc 4:27 PM - 18 January, 2012
NS6FX? Does this mean the NS6 will be getting the add on FX bar just like the 4TRAK?
dj_spark 6:05 PM - 18 January, 2012
Doesn't seems to handle the laptop, or maybe in the little pocket, but in backpack mode they can steal it... :S
blackavenger 6:09 PM - 18 January, 2012
^ No, he made a mistake typing it ^

I was going to fix it for him - NS7FX

Quote:
Does this mean the NS6 will be getting the add on FX bar just like the 4TRAK?

Though, it would be a nice add-on to get some analog filters for the NS6 ;)
VinnyBlanc 6:17 PM - 18 January, 2012
It actually says ns6fx on Numarks website.
blackavenger 6:34 PM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
It actually says ns6fx on Numarks website.

wow, didn't know that....::puts foot in mouth::

Still, I'm sure it's just a typo on their behalf, just the same. But again, here's to hoping it's not.
VinnyBlanc 6:45 PM - 18 January, 2012
I'm also thinking the NS7 is 7 inches longer than the NS6/4trak. Does that case look like it can hold a controller 7 inches longer? If there was more room I would say it was a typo and they meant ns7fx. A numark rep told me that all video control will be done via the NS6. Could we get the upgrade to the fx bar and they rewire the faders/fx section for video control?

Hmm..
Pete Input 9:22 PM - 18 January, 2012
Yes, it's for NS6, not NS7.

"Perfect for NS6, 4TRAK, N4, iDJ Pro and other Numark controllers"
VinnyBlanc 9:53 PM - 18 January, 2012
Which then goes back to the original point. What is the ns6fx then?

Hmm maybe well find out tomorrow.. Supposedly the price Point is cheaper tha. The odyssey bag...
DJPrice_inMD 12:49 AM - 19 January, 2012
Yeah there is no way a NS7 would fit into that bag. The NS6 seems to almost be the same size as the 4Trak that fits perfectly however. Here's to over checking the web tomorrow for new news!
dj_spark 9:34 AM - 19 January, 2012
The 4TRAK is just a NS6 with integrated hub for the FX bar I guess and a different color sheme.
VinnyBlanc 1:22 PM - 19 January, 2012
Yup but unannounced until this point ? Maybe the ns6fx bat now controls fx freeing up the former fx section and faders for video?
dj_spark 2:20 PM - 19 January, 2012
Honestly they'd better increase the quality of the fx by giving more flexibility/range like on SSL before giving hardware control.
DJPrice_inMD 4:44 PM - 19 January, 2012
I can't see Numark or Serato dramatically changing the mapping for the NS6, although I could see the addition of a bar across the top to control samples and/or video. It is confusing the call it the NS6fx however, if it was one of those two then in theory it would be called the NS6-SP6 bar or NS6-SV bar.
DJPrice_inMD 4:46 PM - 19 January, 2012
On another note, if they *do* release a SP-6 sampler that works for both the NS6 and NS7 and other controllers, lets hope it includes a thru USB port, or else us NS7 users are going to have to start packing powered usb expanders in our bags as well. Most laptops have just two usb ports, and pretty much all apple laptops.
dj_spark 5:37 PM - 26 January, 2012
Quote:
Doesn't seems to handle the laptop, or maybe in the little pocket, but in backpack mode they can steal it... :S

Despite that point I'm very tempted, the price is low too.
Dj Lothario 2:38 PM - 15 February, 2012
i recently bought an ns6. I wanted a soft case. i saw this numark controller backpack was coming out. now i see the date is may 18th. That is a long time. I am planning on using the box it came with. I am playing at one of the top spots in this city. I am thinking of getting black fabric and velcro the box wrap the fabric around it lol. I would not be able to find a case in time. would you guys walk in with the box just like that to a top club
VinnyBlanc 8:08 PM - 15 February, 2012
If you can't wait till May...pick up the Odyssey BRLDIGITALXL
This is the bag I was going to pick up before the Numark was announced.

www.turntablelab.com
VinnyBlanc 8:09 PM - 15 February, 2012
Where did you see that May 18th was the confirmed release date?
Rob Pointer 11:18 PM - 15 February, 2012
Quote:
If you can't wait till May...pick up the Odyssey BRLDIGITALXL
This is the bag I was going to pick up before the Numark was announced.

www.turntablelab.com

I have this bag and it works well. But the padding in the picture from turntable lab is different than the padding that mine arrived with. They are blocks of padding that you can adjust at will - whereas I think I like the fold over padding the turntable lab picture shows.

I wonder if they are evolving the bag as they make them?
Dj Lothario 1:15 AM - 16 February, 2012
b and h website says may 18th and i went to some planet dj store added to cart and it too said available may 18th. I can wait till may 18th, but just want you guys take on using the box as a case and walking into a club with it. Do you think too ghetto? i think the fabric going around the box and velco it to the box would make it less conspicuous.
DJ Oasys 9:01 PM - 17 February, 2012
Just got the oddysey BRLDIGITALXL for my NS6 today. Fit is good and there is enough space for my beats pro headphone along side the NS6. So far I'm happy with it.
Dj Lothario 12:22 AM - 18 February, 2012
i decided that i will just walk in to the club with the box it came in. screw covering it up. it is a wonderful case lol
DJ dVO 4:45 PM - 18 February, 2012
LOL, another DJ that I usually spin with also does that - brings in a cardboard box with his gears. I kept on thinking that he was moving. LOL.
Dj Lothario 7:32 PM - 18 February, 2012
lol it's so ghetto. i bought black fabric thinking of glueing it to the box, eh probably even more ghetto lol
Dave The One 9:32 PM - 1 March, 2012
I just bought the official numark controller backpack in the city; I'm on my way home with it! siked; will put up pics in a few!
VinnyBlanc 9:37 PM - 1 March, 2012
Pics please. Where did you get it! Why the hell am I waiting until may?
Dave The One 9:44 PM - 1 March, 2012
I just pulled over in my car to post YouTube video! standby!
Dave The One 9:51 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quick video; now let me get home so I can test it out!
youtu.be

The backpack straps are nicely tucked away in the back an are barely noticeable.
Awesome!
VinnyBlanc 9:57 PM - 1 March, 2012
Dave can inbox me the hookup. I'm Breaking my back bringing the flight case to gigs. I'm in nj.
Dj Lothario 10:40 PM - 1 March, 2012
you got it in china town didn't you
Dave The One 10:47 PM - 1 March, 2012
nope! Swear to god: it's a dj store I've been going to for over 25 years; they move mountains for me with records and gear.
Dave The One 12:34 AM - 2 March, 2012
Ok; here it is all packed with my HP Envy 14 Beats Edition and the NS6.

youtu.be

Awesome! I do wish there was better Laptop Protections but I think I can cut a piece of foam myself to put inside or get a G-Form padding to protect it.
VinnyBlanc 12:54 AM - 2 March, 2012
What size laptop is that.

I'm not a fan of the straps going across the jogs I was planning on putting the dust cover on and then strapping across that. Do you think that would be a problem to fit or is it tight already?

I see the eggfoam on the top but is there any protections on the other side/bottom?
Dave The One 1:27 AM - 2 March, 2012
That was the 14 inch HP Envy Beats Edition

I don't like the straps across the jogs neither, I leave them loosely strapped over.

Theres cushion all around even underneath the NS6.

It's a tight fight once it's in; it fits snug (like it won't move there's room on top I think a dust cover can fit and the case will still close without stress.
Dj Lothario 2:24 AM - 2 March, 2012
looks nice. you paid 150 for it?
Dave The One 2:36 AM - 2 March, 2012
Yes; 150 plus tax
MusicDan 4:54 PM - 3 March, 2012
They move mountain's for you and you still paid tax? Tell me you didn't pay cash at least.

Btw, is it Rock and Soul? And do they have more or are you special?
Dave The One 10:57 PM - 3 March, 2012
Yes I did pay tax; all I had was a credit card and I was waiting for 4 days for the damn thing, I suppose I could orchestrate a return then pay cash and get my no tax discount but it's all good; not worth the trouble. Yes it's rock and soul, I don't know if they have more and Yes I am special, how did you know?
MusicDan 5:48 AM - 5 March, 2012
lol!!! Gonna call and see if they have more. I won't mention your name, unless you think it will get me one...
Dave The One 5:24 PM - 5 March, 2012
Im sure theyll accomodate you.
DJRESERVE 11:55 PM - 15 March, 2012
Old discussion, I couldn't read everything on this post but I just have one thing to say.

B R L D I G I T A L 2 X L
Dave The One 12:33 AM - 16 March, 2012
They are everywhere now
dj_spark 9:25 AM - 28 March, 2012
I finally get the magma because I have seen it at a trade show (mixmove @ Paris). I just felt in love with it because I care for my baby ! ^^
www.magma-bags.com

The side and padding are generous, the controller is so well "boxed" that even by flipping the bag open up side down (without the belts), it can't fall. There is even a little foam box to put on the fader lines.

The "external" pocket is big as hell : Old R61 Thinkpad (big) + KRK 8400 headphones into flat position + all cables for controller are there, well protected too. The nylon is high density (like my old VCI300 bag) , a perfect winner if you care for your devices. Little holes to add some lockers near the zips.
The only bad point : to big to fit into the plane cabin. ^^
jamesthekid777 8:20 PM - 16 May, 2012
I'm new to djing and i want a backpack for my ns6 that i can take with me to the airport or on the airplane! I'm afraid of the baggage handlers breaking my numark ns6 and i want y'all best suggestion. I've looked at flight cases but they're too heavy to carry and prefer purchasing a book bag!
VinnyBlanc 8:25 PM - 16 May, 2012
www.numark.com

I don't know about getting the NS6 as a carry-on on the plane though.
Papa Midnight 11:06 PM - 16 May, 2012
Quote:
www.numark.com

I don't know about getting the NS6 as a carry-on on the plane though.

If it can fit under the seat or in the overhead bin, it's good to go.
blackavenger 12:20 AM - 17 May, 2012
www.numark.com

They didn't include a space for the laptop?!?!!? What the hell is the sense in that?!?!?
VinnyBlanc 12:55 AM - 17 May, 2012
There is an exterior zipper pouch under the numark logo for the laptop. I highly recommend this bag.
blackavenger 4:53 PM - 17 May, 2012
I saw that. It looked a little small. If it fits a 15" MBP, cables, etc.. then that would be cool.
Dave The One 4:59 PM - 17 May, 2012
The front pouch is just for the laptop. On the back of the back there is a hidden sleeve for the backpack straps, cables etc, the sleeve on the back goes the entire way horizontally an vertically.
Dave The One 4:59 PM - 17 May, 2012
i meant; on the back of the bag...
Dave The One 5:10 PM - 17 May, 2012
The laptop pouch in the front doesn't have foam to protect it when traveling; I would by a laptop sleeve from g-form and then put it inside the front pouch for 100 percent protection of laptop while traveling.
VinnyBlanc 5:27 PM - 17 May, 2012
I have fit all my power USB RCA etc cables in the zip up ouch that is meant to hold the 4trak fx bad. It's super clean looking I will post up some pics tonight!
jamesthekid777 6:48 PM - 17 May, 2012
sorry for the rookie dj questions but i was wondering if you dj's have all your music stored on your internal hd or external or both? if you use and external, what external hd do u use? also, i want to learn more about djing ( drum and bass and dub step) do y'all know any websites with tutorials ? thank you
Dave The One 10:47 PM - 17 May, 2012
^
I think there are threads about this already.

Always external; I use the Hitachi Mobile Pro 750GB bus powered usb 3.0 7200 rpm hard drive on a usb 3.0 port on my beats laptop and on a usb 2.0 port on my desktop. Works flawlessly.

There are those that like to go with powered glyph drives, Seagate goflex etc. etc..
jamesthekid777 10:58 PM - 17 May, 2012
I notice a lot ofd j's dont use an external during their live set! Do most dj's upolad the music into their internal drive before the set? Dave, what do u do? Thanks for suggesting the hitachi mo bile pro
Papa Midnight 1:46 AM - 18 May, 2012
Some carry USB sticks and go directly into the CDJs. But most are using HDDs, many of which use externals. Some of us have just gotten really good at hiding them (and most of the cables) :P
Dave The One 3:43 AM - 18 May, 2012
All my music is on external drive. I never DJ with music from my internal hard drive; my internal hard drive is specifically for OS and Programs, not for music or video storage; all of my media are on external drives.
phatbob 9:06 AM - 18 May, 2012
There are advantages to both options. Plenty of users use internal only, and plenty use external.

Internal...

Everything is in one place, no external connection to worry about, one less thing to carry. It's impossible to leave your music at home.

External...

Much bigger drives possible, if your internal dies you can replace it with a clone very quickly, you can hook up the drive to any laptop if you need to.

What you DON'T want is any interruption or tardiness of the data flow, so if you have the option of getting a drive with FireWire, USB3, or Thunderbolt, that's preferable to USB2.

You need to try and figure out what suits your personal workflow best. Neither option is objectively better.
jamesthekid777 3:35 PM - 18 May, 2012
Thank u guys :-)
jamesthekid777 6:36 PM - 18 May, 2012
i checked out the hitachi mobile pro and only has a usb 3.0. i have a macbook 2011 with 2.0 , firewire, and thunderbolt ports. :-(
I've looked at western digital passports for macs and people complained that the firewire are not reliable for this drive! my last question is what do u guys recommend? thank you
phatbob 6:41 PM - 18 May, 2012
They aren't cheap, but for FireWire drives G-Tech seem to get the most love on the forum. You can get them at Apple stores.
Papa Midnight 10:12 PM - 18 May, 2012
Quote:
i checked out the hitachi mobile pro and only has a usb 3.0. i have a macbook 2011 with 2.0 , firewire, and thunderbolt ports. :-(
I've looked at western digital passports for macs and people complained that the firewire are not reliable for this drive! my last question is what do u guys recommend? thank you

USB 3.0 is backwards compatible.
Dave The One 12:00 AM - 19 May, 2012
Yeah; I use the hitachi mobile pro on my desktop which only has 2.0 ports. It's still 7200 rpm.
Works great.
dj_spark 3:07 PM - 19 May, 2012
Separate partition on the internal with medias only.
jamesthekid777 8:29 PM - 19 May, 2012
Sweet thanks guys
jamesthekid777 4:16 PM - 22 May, 2012
airplane carry on rules for southwest airlines is luggage's under 24" x 16" x 10". i was wondering if the numark backpack or any other backpack is qualified? my last question and thank u
VinnyBlanc 4:22 PM - 22 May, 2012
It is too long but I think they have another rule that I you add the length width and dept an it's under a specified dimension it's ok (within reason). Also would a controller fall under the "musical instrument policy"?
dj_spark 6:56 PM - 22 May, 2012
One thing I've found last saturday about the Magma bag, is that if you flip it upside/down, you have a very good riser to have the controler above the table.
The back of the soft case is so strong it didn't curve at all during the night !
elsupermang 2:11 PM - 20 July, 2012
This looks like the perfect softcase for the NS6: Watchwww.youtube.com

Fits the Ns6 + a compartment for your laptop and cable storage. Only $90. Buying on amazon, now!
elsupermang 2:45 PM - 20 July, 2012
Quote:
This looks like the perfect softcase for the NS6: Watchwww.youtube.com

Fits the Ns6 + a compartment for your laptop and cable storage. Only $90. Buying on amazon, now!

Doh didn't notice this was already posted several months ago. Dang hidden posts/auto-load.
Tenor 11:07 PM - 2 September, 2012
Heads up. Adorama has the Numark bag for the NS6 for $99.
MusicDan 2:43 AM - 4 September, 2012
Just got mine from AMS...
DJEZKI 5:20 AM - 27 September, 2012
For those who are asking about an airplane travel case for the NS6. (Not sure if this has been posted yet but) Take a look at this one from Road Ready: store.roadreadycases.com

It comes with wheels and a internal laptop stand. I'm considering in getting it myself since my Odyssey case I bought is already falling apart.

Hopefully it helps, since NUMARK Sucks at getting what we need, even though it is high demand!
242 sound 9:03 PM - 19 February, 2013
I think that might be too beefy to take on the plane