Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

AUDIO SCREECHING AND POPPING WHEN I PLAY

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 +
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
MasterHurrikane13 6:32 PM - 19 February, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 1.7.1
Hardware: numark-ns7||no-fx-controller
Computer: pc
OS Version: win764
---

LOOK AT THIS VIDEO

Watchwww.youtube.com
Papa Midnight 5:47 AM - 20 February, 2011
To any Numark representative, this topic is an arc of the discussion held here: serato.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:56 AM - 21 February, 2011
Hi MasterHurrikane13,

Can I ask you a few questions:

* What CPU does your computer have (model and speed)?
* What do you have the USB Buffer in ITCH set to? This is on the Hardware tab of the Setup screen.
* What do you have the Headroom set to? This is in the Mixer tab on the Setup screen.

Also, could you please run a DPC Trace report and attach it to this thread? There's an article explaining how to do this here -> www.serato.com (click list).

Thanks.
MasterHurrikane13 7:53 PM - 21 February, 2011
thanks for responding michael, i will run these tests tonight....

honestly tho, i have decided to sell this ns7 unit, i just purchased a one month old used ns7fx unit and i hope to get better results with that, i am beginning to believe i may have a defective ns7 machine.... my headphone jack has inverted audio playing through it when i plug my headphones in all the way, i have to plug them in half way to hear audio correctly... guitar center rep said the item could be defective off the factory line.....my new ns7fx will be here in a week.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:42 AM - 22 February, 2011
Hey MasterHurrikane13,

It's possible it could be faulty hardware, obviously we'll know for sure when your new unit arrives. If you are able to try what I mentioned earlier that would be great, so we can see if it's a setting in the software or something on your computer that is causing this problem.

Thanks.
MasterHurrikane13 8:45 PM - 1 March, 2011
bought a new ns 7... thhe screeching is gone but i get the 2 second delays again on multiple laptops.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:49 AM - 2 March, 2011
Hey MasterHurrikane13,

The first thing I'd suggest is that you try following the steps in these articles:

www.serato.com (click link).

www.serato.com

If that doesn't make a difference, can then please run a DPC trace report by following the steps here -> www.serato.com. Once you have the report, can you please attach it to this thread.

Thanks.
MasterHurrikane13 7:30 PM - 15 March, 2011
i have to run the dpc trace report tonight.... but i was doing a gig the other night, the first 2 hours were fine then the audio started popping and sounding watery...., switched to an emergency song, restarted pc and ns7 sound went away for 25min then it came back, then i had to switch to SSL and my old denon s3500 tables.....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:48 AM - 24 March, 2011
Hi MasterHurrikane13,

Sorry for the delay in reply, I have been away from work.

Were you able to run a DPC trace report? If you have, are you able to attach it to this thread?
5:00 AM, 7 Apr 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.