Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato ITCH does not work with Windows 7 64-Bit. Not happy about this.

tjdj 2:42 PM - 21 April, 2010
I recently purchased a Dell laptop that runs Windows 7. I bought the laptop based on the minimum specs listed on this page: serato.com. The laptop I purchased goes above and beyond the min specs listed here.

On this page: serato.com, Serato (in the min spec section) states that Windows 7 64-bit will function properly with Serato Itch. But after running Serato Itch 1.5 with Windows 7 64-bit I found that this is NOT TRUE. Serato Itch is running very unstable on my system. EVERY time I run the program I get a random freeze in Serato Itch upon song load. Sometimes this happens 3 minutes into the set, sometimes it happens 1 hour into the set. This is unacceptable. I talked to Serato customer support about this. They told me to reconfigure my computer by maximizing power options, turning off Aero, turning off wireless internet and mcaffee, etc.. I did all of this and still had the same issue.

Which leads me to believe this is not a hardware issue, but a software issue. Customer support told me "they are aware of some issues with Serato Itch 1.5 running on 64-bit Win7 machines." Well, ok then please create a patch that fixes this. Especially since I bought a $1000 computer based on advertising on your site that says Serato Itch is compatible with Windows 7, I think I deserve an answer to the following question (based on other forums I think other people deserve an answer to this too).

My question to Serato: Can you confirm that there is a bug/glitch with Itch and 64-bit Win7? And, when are you issuing a patch to fix this problem and/or a new release of Itch?

To the forum - have you experienced similar problems with Itch and Windows 7? Have you been able to work around this?

I'm a big fan of Serato Itch but this issue is unacceptable to DJ's. Especially when you advertise ITCH as working with Win7 64-bit, and clearly it doesn't.

Here are specs on my computer just to cover all the bases.
Intel 2 Duo P7450 (2.13GHz/1066Mhz FSB/3MB cache)
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz
500GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Dj Ricky Redz 2:44 PM - 21 April, 2010
should have bought a mac!!
ontime1269 2:51 PM - 21 April, 2010
What is your latency set at?
tjdj 3:07 PM - 21 April, 2010
I've tried all the settings and I get the same "random freeze" issue.
Volcom 3:08 PM - 21 April, 2010
Interesting, I am using Win 7 64 bit on a new Dell latitude e6410 and have no problems with it. I am also using the beta 64 bit drivers for win 7. While mixing I do have the wireless off, which to me makes a difference. At one time, I forgot it was on and would get random freezes when there was wireless activity. After turning it off, no more freezing. Also another thing I did was delete corrupted files that itch picked up after analysing all my files, even if they did not seem corrupt to me.

My latency is also set at the lowest setting. Might be a combination of things that can cause the freezing.

Dell e6410
Intel® Core™ i7-620M (2.66GHz, 4M cache) with Turbo Boost Technology
4.0GB, DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM
500gb Seagate Momentus 7200.4
Win 7 pro 64 bit
Socross 3:12 PM - 21 April, 2010
Yeah, I've been using W7 64 bit since last summer (I worked at microsoft and got an early copy) with no troubles. I don't think your problem is OS based.
marcA 3:21 PM - 21 April, 2010
run DPC latency checker
try to find out what service is hogging your system
i have no probs whatsoever running W7 X64
czar 3:31 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:

hes right!

MACS ARE SOOOO 32 BIT!!!!
tjdj 3:41 PM - 21 April, 2010
My latency is also set at the lowest setting. Might be a combination of things that can cause the freezing.

When you say lowest setting? What number? Where do I download the beta 64 bit drivers for win 7? And, where can I find the DPC latency checker?

Thx for the help.
Volcom 3:50 PM - 21 April, 2010
My setting is at 1 in the setup menu of Itch. it's under the tab hardware.

you can also download the DPC latency chesker at:

www.thesycon.de
tjdj 3:50 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Yeah, I've been using W7 64 bit since last summer (I worked at microsoft and got an early copy) with no troubles. I don't think your problem is OS based.

I agree, that's why I want to get some input from Serato on the "issues they are aware of" that are going on with Win7 randomly freezing.
tjdj 3:59 PM - 21 April, 2010
Quote:
Interesting, I am using Win 7 64 bit on a new Dell latitude e6410 and have no problems with it. I am also using the beta 64 bit drivers for win 7. While mixing I do have the wireless off, which to me makes a difference. At one time, I forgot it was on and would get random freezes when there was wireless activity. After turning it off, no more freezing. Also another thing I did was delete corrupted files that itch picked up after analysing all my files, even if they did not seem corrupt to me.

Dell e6410
Intel® Core™ i7-620M (2.66GHz, 4M cache) with Turbo Boost Technology
4.0GB, DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM
500gb Seagate Momentus 7200.4
Win 7 pro 64 bit

I already have the latest 64 bit drivers right since this is a new laptop that already came load with Win 7?
Volcom 5:09 PM - 21 April, 2010
The laptop doesn't come with a NS7 driver. I mean to say that I am using the beta NS7 64 bit driver and not the driver installed by Itch 1.5.

here is the link of what I am using.

serato.com
Jkwvkers 5:34 PM - 21 April, 2010
Sorry can I just ask what audio format are you song encoded with?
tjdj 5:55 PM - 21 April, 2010
I'm not sure offhand. They were all imported into itunes and have been loaded into Itch. All files were analyzed and were ok. No corrupt music files in the library.
Otto Video 7:56 PM - 21 April, 2010
I also had Itch running on Windows 7 64bit with 2 Numark V7's that I bought 2 weeks ago. It worked ok without the motor on. When I turned the motor on CPU load went up and it didn't sound nice. I had to nuke my dualboot Linux/Windows 7 64bit setup and downgrade to Windows 7 32 bit to get it working. My laptop specs.: 4 GB RAM, 2.13 GHz Core2Duo.
tjdj 12:22 PM - 22 April, 2010
Is it still possible to purchase 32-bit Windows 7? Anyone know where to do this?
marcA 12:25 PM - 22 April, 2010
absolutely...in every pc shop i assume..
Kmxorbit 7:33 AM - 23 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

hes right!
MACS ARE SOOOO 32 BIT!!!!

even if it was 0,25 bit, I wouldn't mind. It just works...
tjdj 1:14 PM - 23 April, 2010
I hear ya on the MAC. I may try to sell my $700 Dell laptop and go with a MAC. What kind of MAC (specs, etc.) would you recommend? Would this MAC work:
store.apple.com

I'm still not backing down that there's a serious bug in ITCH that's causing it to crash in 64 Windows 7. Serato will not confirm or deny this.
Otto Video 3:51 PM - 23 April, 2010
You could try to turn laptop into a hackintosh or install Windows 7 32bit. It works fine on my Windows 7 32bit. I really think that Numark should sort out the 64bit issues. If it doesn't work on a clean install of Windows 64bit with good specs. then there is something wrong with the software or harware. That is my opinion. 64bit versions of Windows is not excatly something new. The first 64bit version of waindows was released 5 years ago..
tjdj 6:42 PM - 23 April, 2010
Quote:
You could try to turn laptop into a hackintosh or install Windows 7 32bit. It works fine on my Windows 7 32bit. I really think that Numark should sort out the 64bit issues. If it doesn't work on a clean install of Windows 64bit with good specs. then there is something wrong with the software or harware. That is my opinion. 64bit versions of Windows is not excatly something new. The first 64bit version of waindows was released 5 years ago..

I agree the lack of compatibility with 64-bit needs to be addressed by Serato. Also, they should not market it as compatible when there are indeed issues.

I'm leaning towards trying to downgrade my system to 32-bit...
tjdj 7:23 PM - 23 April, 2010
Does anyone have any feedback (good, bad or indifferent) about running ITCH on 32-bit Windows 7?
Otter 11:55 PM - 23 April, 2010
BTW, the newest version of Mac OS is both 32 and 64 bit. Since it is based on BSD (Unix) it can load a 32bit or 64bit kernel. Also many of its native applications were recompiled to be 64 bit and a mac will always run a application at the highest bit setting (even if you loaded the 32 bit kernel). If you hold down "6" and "4" during boot the system will load 64 bit and if you hold down "3" and "2" during boot you will force the 32 bit. If you do neither the system will choose the best kernel for our existing hardware. You can find out which kernel is active by running a "uname -a" from a terminal in Mac Os

You might want to see if you can try running Itch on another 64 bit server to see if the same problem occurs. The driver problems might not be Serato's fault, but instead the drivers built for something else. I do know that Windows 7 has much better support in the industry for 64-bit compared to Vista.

If you use your laptop for anything but itch you might limit yourself if you swithc back to 32-bit.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:02 AM - 27 April, 2010
Quote:
I agree the lack of compatibility with 64-bit needs to be addressed by Serato. Also, they should not market it as compatible when there are indeed issues.

ITCH will work on Windows 7 or OS X Snow Leopard fine.

What people may experience is the drivers for our ITCH hardware may be in beta (such as the NS7). Our hardware partners such as Numark are still in final beta development with these. These are displayed here: www.serato.com

Hope that helps.
tjdj 1:21 PM - 27 April, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

ITCH will work on Windows 7 or OS X Snow Leopard fine.

What people may experience is the drivers for our ITCH hardware may be in beta (such as the NS7). Our hardware partners such as Numark are still in final beta development with these. These are displayed here: www.serato.com

Matt - what is the status of drivers with the VCI-300? I'm running ITCH with the VCI-300 so I'm curious if the drivers for that program are in beta as well. It really seems like some type of compatibility.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 6:02 AM - 28 April, 2010
The VCI-300 doesn't use drivers, it's a class compliant device.
marcA 6:19 AM - 28 April, 2010
Quote:
The VCI-300 doesn't use drivers, it's a class compliant device.

please elaborate?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 5:56 AM - 29 April, 2010
It means that the VCI-300 is treated as a mouse, or keyboard to your system, something 'generic' that doesn't rely on drivers but is plug and play. This makes it nice and easy to setup and great for latency.
marcA 6:32 AM - 29 April, 2010
hmmm that's what i thought also, just couldn't imagine the vci being that generic ...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 12:26 AM - 3 May, 2010
Not generic, but it is better in many ways to be a class complaint device rather than create custom drivers. In this instance it works out perfectly - some instance it wouldn't (ie. NS7 has a motorized platter, so there is a LOT more information being fed back and forth).
czar 4:19 AM - 7 May, 2010
www.serato.com

64BIT DRIVERS OFFICIALLY RELEASED!
mattyfresh 6:30 AM - 8 May, 2010
Itch 1.5 and my VCI-300 is working perfect on my Windows 7 64bit laptop. I don't believe I'm even using these newly released 64 bit drivers. I'm using whatever came with Itch 1.5.

Laptop Specs
HP Pavillion DV4
Intel Core i3 Processor
4GB Ram
500GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
Intel Integrated HD graphics
kraal 7:06 AM - 8 May, 2010
the drivers are for the ns7 you vci-300 works just fine in 64 bit
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 4:23 AM - 11 May, 2010
Yep - the VCI works with no drivers, thus is compliant with these systems.
ITCH works on these systems too.
The new NS7 official drivers now work on these systems.

So hopefully everyone's happy now :D
E-Man 7:28 PM - 12 May, 2010
Some may have already read my post, last chance on the ns7. I went through 4 window based pcs. In fact I still haven't been able to get it to run smoothly on a windows pc. All of them have been vista operating systems.

I ended up buying a macbook pro. I got lucky and found a pawn shop that had one (mac}. It's a 2006 model but man does it work like a charm. I really haven't had any issues at all, minor things that were fixed as soon as I formatted my external hard drive for the mac they were gone.
I said it before and I'll say it again, for those of you who have gotten itch to work with your windows pc. "Congratulations". I played a hell of a time and finally gave up. I will say from experience for the performance "Get A Mac, It just works". You can debate that statement all you want, but I lived it. That is my preference.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 5:49 AM - 13 May, 2010
Many many many thousands of ITCH users are working with no glitch on Windows machines. Unfortunately, conceivably a user could get 3 computers in a row that were not comfortable for audio streaming.

However - we stand by our minimum specifications for ITCH. Any Windows issues we can 99.9% of the time fix.
E-Man 9:10 AM - 14 May, 2010
I guess my crew must be the 0.01 percent that couldn't get it to work. We did speak to Numarks support team twice. Did everything we were told to do. No luck. All the reason I ended up buying my mac. I will be looking you up in the very near future. See if you can get me going so I no longer have any glitches on a windows computer.
Nerves 4:55 PM - 3 June, 2010
All I have to say is that I am having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM as TJ. I have 2 laptops - one is a Dell with XP and the other is a new Sony Vaio with Windows 7 64 bit. The Dell never gave me a problem. The Sony, nothing but problems. I've done everything that the guys at Serato and Carl from Vestax customer service have said to do and I still have this problem. Itch freezes, but the track continues to play and I have no control over the VCI-300 controls, so I'm forced to shut the laptop down and reboot. It has to be one of two things. Either I got a lemmon from Sony (which I highly doubt, but anything is possible) or there is an incompatibility issue with the software and Windows 7 64 bit. I haven't even tried to see if Scratch Live works with the Sony.
Nerves 4:58 PM - 3 June, 2010
I'd also like to add that when I spoke to Vestax customer support and asked them if they can CONFIRM that Windows 7 64 bit is compatible with Serato Itch, their answer was that they have gotten MANY complaints of THE SAME ISSUE.
czar 4:59 PM - 3 June, 2010
when u lose control over the track it sounds like driver issue..
Nerves 5:01 PM - 3 June, 2010
What do you recommend?
czar 5:03 PM - 3 June, 2010
oh u using the VCI so u need no drivers.. i use the NS7 so i cant recommend anything.

whats the computer model ? sony vaio? what number?
Nerves 5:06 PM - 3 June, 2010
sony vaio nw240f
Nerves 9:40 PM - 7 June, 2010
Quote:
I recently purchased a Dell laptop that runs Windows 7. I bought the laptop based on the minimum specs listed on this page: serato.com. The laptop I purchased goes above and beyond the min specs listed here.

On this page: serato.com, Serato (in the min spec section) states that Windows 7 64-bit will function properly with Serato Itch. But after running Serato Itch 1.5 with Windows 7 64-bit I found that this is NOT TRUE. Serato Itch is running very unstable on my system. EVERY time I run the program I get a random freeze in Serato Itch upon song load. Sometimes this happens 3 minutes into the set, sometimes it happens 1 hour into the set. This is unacceptable. I talked to Serato customer support about this. They told me to reconfigure my computer by maximizing power options, turning off Aero, turning off wireless internet and mcaffee, etc.. I did all of this and still had the same issue.

Which leads me to believe this is not a hardware issue, but a software issue. Customer support told me "they are aware of some issues with Serato Itch 1.5 running on 64-bit Win7 machines." Well, ok then please create a patch that fixes this. Especially since I bought a $1000 computer based on advertising on your site that says Serato Itch is compatible with Windows 7, I think I deserve an answer to the following question (based on other forums I think other people deserve an answer to this too).

My question to Serato: Can you confirm that there is a bug/glitch with Itch and 64-bit Win7? And, when are you issuing a patch to fix this problem and/or a new release of Itch?

To the forum - have you experienced similar problems with Itch and Windows 7? Have you been able to work around this?

I'm a big fan of Serato Itch but this issue is unacceptable to DJ's. Especially when you advertise ITCH as working with Win7 64-bit, and clearly it doesn't.

Here are specs on my computer just to cover all the bases.
Intel 2 Duo P7450 (2.13GHz/1066Mhz FSB/3MB cache)
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz
500GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

LET ME JUST SAY THAT I AGREE WITH YOU 1000%!!!!!!!!
WINDOWS 7 64 BIT IS DEFINITELY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SERATO ITCH.
It may work on some machines, but NOT ALL.
Maybe Serato can't admit that because they are afraid of lawsuits, but facts are facts. I did EVERYTHING that theguys at Serato said to do, from deleting corrupt files (which by the way NEVER gave me a problem over the passed 4 years ), to tweaking out my laptop, to buying a power adapter for the VCI-300 and I STILL experience freeze issues.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 11:47 PM - 8 June, 2010
Hey Nerves.

Sorry you are still experiencing issues. We'll continnue to keep helping you in your help thread, so keep an eye on that for the issue.

We have tested the operating system Windows 7 by Microsoft. The OS is compatible with ITCH.

However your laptop may be needing tweaks - laptop manufacturers can (and do) often ship computers loaded up with a lot of extras. Extras that can conflict with audio streaming. Some of your machine's drivers or hardware components may be setup by the manufacturer in a strange way - and sometimes this can result in audio issues. There can be many causes, but it's almost always the laptop setup.

We do love to find out any problems with ITCH however, so any bugs we can uncover we are certainly wanting to find as that will lead to better software :D
Nerves 11:56 PM - 8 June, 2010
Thanks Matt, but that dud not help me out one bit. The bottom line is that when dealing with an XP OS, very few if any tweaks have to be made. When dealing with a 64 bit OS, the probability of freezing issues are high. So it seems to me as well as others here on this forum that the best way to avoid any problems is to either use an XP OS or buy a mac. You can also speak to Vestax customer service to confirm that.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 4:33 AM - 9 June, 2010
Windows XP also handles audio better than Vista or Windows 7 - one reason why most pro audio companies recommend XP or Macs.

The above wasn't meant to help your issues - but more to explain in general why some PCs out of the box may suffer, where the rest will be fine.

Vista and Windows 7 laptops have a higher than normal tweak level, but the operating system is compatible.

We make the software in house and test thoroughly so any compatibility advice would be best taken from us :D
marcA 6:22 AM - 9 June, 2010
@matt-c : did you test the W7 'pro audio/video low latency' power profile?
DJ ZORRI 2:04 PM - 30 January, 2011
i have been running itch with windows 7 32 bit using a 1tb usb passport hd and the program freeze's every time
elvis13 6:37 AM - 31 January, 2011
interesting...
Jkwvkers 2:42 PM - 31 January, 2011
Tbh DJ Zorri I wouldnt use an Ext USB Drive with your music stored on it, I would have the music on the laptop itself, saves on creating more problems with itch+windows, and letting the laptop get on with running itch software without adding another fail point ei. usb drive disconnecting while in a middle of set :D
Flashing Lights DJ DK 7:17 PM - 16 February, 2011
Here are a couple of YouTube videos to get you setup on Windows 7 with Serato Itch. Itch is not compatible with Windows 7, you have to run it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista or Windows XP SP 2.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
Flashing Lights DJ DK 7:21 PM - 16 February, 2011
Also, be sure you run and install the NS7 Drivers in compatibility mode first, then run the Firmware update in compatibility mode, and finally run the Serato Itch software in Compatibility mode. The NS7 Drivers will only run for the previous Version of Windows VISTA, but make sure you run the firmware update and Itch for Windows XP Service Pack 2. DJ Esco posted a video on this but I will post a new one with more details on YouTube later on today with a full walk through.
marcA 6:51 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:
Here are a couple of YouTube videos to get you setup on Windows 7 with Serato Itch. Itch is not compatible with Windows 7, you have to run it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista or Windows XP SP 2.

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

not compatible?
run in comp mode?
for the record : i'm running ITCH 1.7.1 in W7 X64 natively, so no compatibility mode whatsoever, and it runs just great!
Papa Midnight 7:09 AM - 17 February, 2011
Quote:

Huh????????????

Quote:

not compatible?
run in comp mode?
for the record : i'm running ITCH 1.7.1 in W7 X64 natively, so no compatibility mode whatsoever, and it runs just great!

What this guy said - and I run it in Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (which requires you to have a 64-bit environment).
Flashing Lights DJ DK 8:16 AM - 17 February, 2011
It did not run on my PC. Everytime I opened Itch it would close until I installed it using compatibility mode. That's good it fine on you guys PC but on mine I changed somethings. And oh yeah by the way, I do have an I.T. degree so I do know what I'm talking about.
dj ask 5:21 PM - 17 February, 2011
i mean I dont mean to say anything about ur IT degree but serato.com
dj ask 5:21 PM - 17 February, 2011
IT is such a broad term..
Flashing Lights DJ DK 5:27 PM - 17 February, 2011
I have a Computer Information Systems degree and a program analyst for Farmers Insurance.
Flashing Lights DJ DK 5:29 PM - 17 February, 2011
But seriously, Serato Itch does not work on all Windows 64-Bit machines. It worked properly for me once. After that I installed all the drivers and the software in compatibility mode and it works great with no dropouts, the screens does not freeze or stutter, and there is little to no latency.
dj ask 5:36 PM - 17 February, 2011
where lies the problem? u should be able to pin point as to what is causing the issue..
marcA 6:26 PM - 17 February, 2011
indeed...
i installed itch on 4 different w7 x64 machines and they all ran flawlessly...
so dig into it if you know what you are talking about :)
Flashing Lights DJ DK 6:30 PM - 17 February, 2011
People say it is the drivers but its not the drivers because they work with VDJ7. Its the actual software itself. It runs best on XP or a Mac. Installing the program in XP mode works great. The thing is you will have to run the drivers in Vista mode and the firmware in XP mode and I promise you Itch will give you no problems. But it is still not better thatn Scratch. Im trying to crack Scratch now.
Flashing Lights DJ DK 7:06 PM - 17 February, 2011
FOR ALL OF THE DJS USING SERATO ITCH ON A WINDOWS 7 64-BIT PC, HERE I A VIDEO THAT WILL HELP YOU CONFIGURE AND SETUP ITH SUCCESSFULLY WITH NO GLITCHES. I HAVE USED IT SEVERAL TIMES IN DIFFERENT VENUES AND IT WORKS WITH NO PROBLEMS AND NO LATENCY.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Flashing Lights DJ DK 7:08 PM - 17 February, 2011
To all the DJs that are using Windows 7 64-Bit and are having trouble getting Ith to work properly, watch ths video. This is a step by step process of what you need to do and I promise you, Itch will work with no issues.

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJdaveZ 12:26 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
not compatible?
run in comp mode?

as ive done for a while as well..
Flashing Lights DJ DK 12:29 AM - 18 February, 2011
Read the forum. Not everyone on her has the same PC. Congratulations yours work. But for mine and others it doesn't work.
DJdaveZ 12:31 AM - 18 February, 2011
just saying........ you dont have to do special things in every case... to clarify for new or prospective.
sorry yours didnt work.
Kittmaster 2:51 AM - 18 February, 2011
4 x64 machines......no special magic.....works on all four win 7 machines......
I1Kirm 5:44 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:
FOR ALL OF THE DJS USING SERATO ITCH ON A WINDOWS 7 64-BIT PC, HERE I A VIDEO THAT WILL HELP YOU CONFIGURE AND SETUP ITH SUCCESSFULLY WITH NO GLITCHES. I HAVE USED IT SEVERAL TIMES IN DIFFERENT VENUES AND IT WORKS WITH NO PROBLEMS AND NO LATENCY.

Watchwww.youtube.com

I highly encourage anyone with a Win 7 machine to ignore the instructions in this video. Installing drivers and running firmware updates in compatibility mode has the potential of causing you MAJOR trouble. ITCH can run natively on Windows 7 so there is no real reason for going through all this trouble. The problems of this user were probably caused by a totally different reason and not because ITCH is not compatible with W7.
Furthermore, ITCH doesn't require 6GB of RAMs to run fine. Heck, it's a 32 bit program so it can only use 2GB of RAM anyways. So, unless you are running Photoshop, Firefox with 55 tabs open, a couple of video compressions in the background and Call of Duty at the same time with ITCH there is no real benefit for ITCH from having more that 4GB of RAM.
dj ask 6:23 AM - 18 February, 2011
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

1:20 YOU CAN GET TO THAT PAGE BY RIGHT CLICKING ON "COMPUTER" AND SELECTING "PROPERTIES". (MUCH LESS CLICKING)

2:00 6GB RAM? ARE U KIDDING? U MUST BE! (THIS ONE DISCREDITS YOU COMPLETELY)

FROM YOU VIDEO DESCRIPTION "But some of those idiots don't believe that Serato has to be ran in compatibility mode." (DANG KID..)

U MIGHT HAVE AN I.T. WHATEVER IT IS U SAY U HAVE, BUT; 1(UR PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ITCH "NOT RUNNING UNDER 64BIT WIN 7) 2) AH FORGET IT.
Papa Midnight 4:36 PM - 18 February, 2011
You might have problems more subtle than simple compatibility issues.

Here's the deal, you first implied that Windows 7 x64 absolutely does not support Serato ITCH, period, without workarounds. This is incorrect and has been shown to be such in further reposes.

Quote:
It did not run on my PC. Everytime I opened Itch it would close until I installed it using compatibility mode. That's good it fine on you guys PC but on mine I changed somethings.

That's indicative of a deeper issue than mere compatibility if a company which has promised native support of such a platform provides a product which runs on that platform for the majority of users without outside interference beyond installing the drivers and modifying some latency / RPM settings.

Quote:
And oh yeah by the way, I do have an I.T. degree so I do know what I'm talking about.

You then got defensive when rebutted and even claimed that you had an IT degree which should clearly make us all feel like fools for challenging your supreme intellect, shut up, and walk away dejected with our tails between our legs.

Then, to boot, you created a video. Before I get to the point on you further insulting anyone who dared to question your statement, here's why I immediately took issue: "NO LATENCY". No latency? Technically and Physically impossible. There's always a latency in everything. That cannot and will not be avoided. Now, to the earlier point...

Quote:
But some of those idiots don't believe that Serato has to be ran in compatibility mode.

So because we don't have to run in compatibility mode to have a working product, we're idiots? Or better yet, and quote:

Quote:
Shout to all the d*** riding fagots on the Serto Forum that think they know everything. So you got it to work on your PC, it didn't work on mine chump. Thats why up installed it incompatibility mode. Kiss off!

Yes. This really endears you to the community and helps us take you a lot more seriously.

"I know a lot of people run 4GBs of RAM [...] 4GBs of RAM, that's gonna be minimal to run this. ITCH runs a lot better with 6GB of RAM. So all you guys running 4GB of RAM, I suggest you upgrade to 2 more gigs of RAM space."

What?! Ok, ITCH is a 32-bit process. It doesn't matter if you run it in a 32-bit environment or a 64-bit environment, the process is still going to be a 32-bit process and limited to 32-bits of addressing space. ITCH, itself, as a process, does not support physical address extensions. That said, it's going to be subjected to the maximum limitation of the usage of 2GB of RAM. This does not even take into account the fact that Numark and Serato both purport that ITCH will run just fine with 2GB of RAM in a 32-bit Operating System environment and 4GB of RAM in a 64-bit Operating System environment - and that's just for the Numark NS7 and NS6 under Vista and 7. The requirement falls to only 1GB of RAM for Windows XP.

I won't even start of the numerous possible technical issues created by installing a driver - especially an audio driver - under compatibility mode. So while you may claim to have a degree in IS and work as a program analyst, I'm not entirely sure you know what you're talking about in terms of computing. I can only take this time to remind you (or, in case you don't know of him, enlighten you) about a man by the name of Aaron Barr - who just had a crash course in the definition of the word: Humble.
marcA 5:35 PM - 19 February, 2011
well said papa midnight!
MasterHurrikane13 6:34 PM - 19 February, 2011
WELL here is a short video of one of the issues i'm having with a brand new hp elite book 8gb of ram.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Papa Midnight 6:59 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
WELL here is a short video of one of the issues i'm having with a brand new hp elite book 8gb of ram.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Masterhurrikane13: I must say for a Cell Phone camera and mic, that sounded pretty damn relatively clear. Honestly though, I'm slightly hearing that high pitched whistle, though not anywhere near as clear as you are probably hearing it. Out of curiosity, have you made sure that it is not just that track which does it? Additionally, have you removed the HP bloatware? Finally, have you tried running a DPC Latency Check?

As an aside, check over this: serato.com

You may also want to consider starting a separate help request topic in the Numark support forum ( serato.com ).
Papa Midnight 6:59 PM - 19 February, 2011
Disregard that last point. I just saw this: serato.com
ontime1269 9:04 PM - 19 February, 2011
I'm not sure but was that a Seagate External HD hooked up to your laptop? I used to get that distortion sound also. I did all of the necessary changes as far as turning off wireless and all unnecessary processes. Nothing ever worked. I would still have that distorted sound, no matter what.

One day I was messing around with my Seagate Free Agent External HD and noticed that it was set to go to standy or sleep or something after a few minutes. I changed that setting to always on and I've never heard that distorted sound again. That was about a year and a half ago.
MasterHurrikane13 9:37 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
I'm not sure but was that a Seagate External HD hooked up to your laptop? I used to get that distortion sound also. I did all of the necessary changes as far as turning off wireless and all unnecessary processes. Nothing ever worked. I would still have that distorted sound, no matter what.

One day I was messing around with my Seagate Free Agent External HD and noticed that it was set to go to standy or sleep or something after a few minutes. I changed that setting to always on and I've never heard that distorted sound again. That was about a year and a half ago.

hey how do you check that setting? I don't hear it at all when i use my old laptop with only 2gb of ram on it.
MasterHurrikane13 9:38 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Masterhurrikane13: I must say for a Cell Phone camera and mic, that sounded pretty damn relatively clear. Honestly though, I'm slightly hearing that high pitched whistle, though not anywhere near as clear as you are probably hearing it. Out of curiosity, have you made sure that it is not just that track which does it? Additionally, have you removed the HP bloatware? Finally, have you tried running a DPC Latency Check?

As an aside, check over this: serato.com

You may also want to consider starting a separate help request topic in the Numark support forum ( serato.com ).

oh it plays on every track i was just using a clean song so no curses would come thru. i will try the dpc latency check.... the bloatware is ALL GONE.
ontime1269 9:54 PM - 19 February, 2011
Quote:
hey how do you check that setting? I don't hear it at all when i use my old laptop with only 2gb of ram on it.

That setting can be chaged within the Seagate software that comes with the HD. I don't have it loaded on my computer anymore so I don't remember exactly how to get to it.

Now that I think about it, I never got that distorted sound on my under spec HP laptop that I used to have. It was a 1.8 with 2GB of RAM. It was when I bought my new Toshiba laptop, 2.2 4GB of RAM, that I started getting the distortion.
DJdaveZ 11:58 PM - 19 February, 2011
RE: seagate going to sleep...

yeah that is the problem with the seagates... i had that issue too... thats why i hate it. lol.

INTERNAL ALL THE WAY!
Papa Midnight 5:47 AM - 20 February, 2011
Quote:
RE: seagate going to sleep...

yeah that is the problem with the seagates... i had that issue too... thats why i hate it. lol.

Seagate external HDD's have a habit of doing that which is their method of marketing those lines marketed as "green" - or "power-saving" drives. I generally stick to Western Digital, and have done so for the better part of the past 20 years, with the exception of one 2TB Seagate Expansion (www.newegg.com) External which taught me a hard lesson to never buy Seagate again. Forgetting it's ludicrously long spin-up times from when it sleeps and numerous other issues (which the comments section and a google search (www.google.com) can tell you all about), they're just generally horrible in my experience. Funny that I've never had a problem with their internals and have been using Barracuda's for years.

Though the option is absent in XP, in Vista and 7 you can set "Hard Disk" to never sleep and USB selective suspension to Disabled (both options under advanced power settings).

Quote:

oh it plays on every track i was just using a clean song so no curses would come thru. i will try the dpc latency check.... the bloatware is ALL GONE.

Let us know the results of that.
marcA 10:59 AM - 20 February, 2011
in addition to the power schema settings there is a program called hdparm with which you can disable the green functions altogether
the problem is that you have to do it *all the time*
Fermi 5:12 AM - 21 February, 2011
posting in epic threat
Labrat2012 11:21 PM - 22 February, 2011
I had been struggling with audio drop-out issues for several months with my NS7 & Itch running on Windows 7 64-Bit. I have an i7 Core processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, and there is really nothing I throw at this machine that it can't handle. For some reason, no matter what I did on Windows 7 [i.e. turning off networking, all unnecessary services, disabling sound card, etc.] I still had random drop outs and strange behavior with ITCH. This is version 1.7.1 by the way.

So, after reading this:

Quote:
Windows XP also handles audio better than Vista or Windows 7 - one reason why most pro audio companies recommend XP or Macs.

I decided to install Windows XP as a dual boot option and use that for Itch. I turned off everything so its just a bare XP with no networking or any other services that are not required for Itch to run. Well, I did a 4 hour mix today with no drop-outs and no problems at all.

So, while I'm ecstatic that it appears I have found a solution for the problems I was having, it does concern me that Itch is advertised as being compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. I realize that the people posting on this forum are just a percentage of users experiencing problems, but regardless it does appear that most users that are having issues are having them with Windows 7 64-Bit.
dj ask 7:32 AM - 23 February, 2011
no. install an OEM windows 7 clean install and "turned off everything so its just a bare XP with no networking or any other services that are not required for Itch to run." and u will have 0 problems. guaranteed.
dj ask 7:32 AM - 23 February, 2011
replace XP for 7. doh..
marcA 7:34 AM - 23 February, 2011
install W7 ultimate, it comes with a low latency pro audio video power schema...
and also be sure you're NS7 has the latest firmware (needed for x64)
marcA 7:36 AM - 23 February, 2011
for the record, i have a MBP with which i have dropouts, on my W7 no dropouts whatsoever and i don't turn off bluetooth, nic is connected, i have a virtual machine running, msn is online ... so it really all depends on how the machine handles the usb load from the ns7 imho
DJ Pyra-C 3:56 AM - 27 March, 2011
I have noticed that the VCI-300 does not play nicely with an mbox2 installed in windows 7. This problem trancesnds both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7, as well as Ultimate vs Professional. The VCI-300 still lights up normally, and even allows 'Thru' audio to still work normally, however, itch refuses to work once I've installed and used an mbox 2 on both my desktop and laptop.

On my desktop when running Snow Leopard, I can very easily and freely use and switch between my VCI-300, mbox2, and onboard ALC892 just fine.
AT^ 7:40 PM - 27 March, 2011
Way to bring up an old thread.. :)

Should follow seratos troubleshooting guide, serato.com

For PC users, Check or do the following within the last week:
-Latest BIOS?
-Have you defragged lately?
-Updated sound/video drivers? (old/corrupt drivers WILL cause issues)
-OS reinstall, or dual boot with reinstall? (only reason I suggest is that there is lots of bloatware on new pc's, so its good to do a fresh install. Plus, god knows how much 'crap' is on your disk that could cause issues.

Run DPC checker, www.thesycon.de

Run RATT on windows xp, More here - serato.com

I 'did' have issues, but it managed to figure it out. Was an old sound driver in WinXP, that was updated for Win7. Ugh :( You can read about it here: serato.com

Good luck to those that are having issues. Going to MAC is really not the best answer imho.
djsyn 215 3:08 AM - 9 August, 2011
should of got a mac thats bull ##it cuz its 32bit they dont work like thats mac 32bit sucks bad i know i have them 32 & 64 bit macbook and pro dont get a mac 32bit it wont work right 32 bit can only take 2gigs of ram thats not good if you dont know 2.0 is 32 bit on mac and pc thats duo core ,,,,,
now 64 bit is 2.1 and up thats core 2 duo thats your best bet you can max your ram out and they do the same thing mac and pc
E-Man 1:45 AM - 3 September, 2011
djsyn 215 - sorry you took offensive to my personal experience. It's not bull***t. We all are entitled to our opinion I spoke based off my experience. There are people who witnessed the difference your more than welcome to pay us a visit and show me how much b.s it is... I'll say it again those who got the windows pc to work with your ns7 congratulations. FOR GUYS LIKE ME WHO GOT SICK OF TRYING WITH NO POSITIVE RESULT. I BOUGHT A MAC AND IT WORKED FLAWLESS FROM THE START... Installed and started playing....
No disrespect, thanks for your input... Oh yeah by the way to this day I still can't get the NS7 to run with Itch on my Asus G50V.... I'll agree with you. IT'S TOTAL B.S....
Flashing Lights DJ DK 6:54 PM - 22 September, 2011
I haven't posted in this forum in a while but i got my Windows 7 64 Bit OS running with Itch consistently with no issues. I can run 1.7.1 and 1.5 with no audio dropouts. It was just a matter of optimizing my machine from the factory settings. I tweaked the installation of Itch and it works fine. I am having issues with 2.0 but I think the issue is with my crates though.
klozher 7:32 PM - 24 September, 2011
Feedback please. Just went through Hell on 6 different Windows Laptops. 2 Lenovos 2 Fujitsu's and 2 Sony's. Itch worked on The Fujitsu's and Lenovos but I wanted a 17" laptop so i bought a SONY Vaio on sale for 500 and For all readers be aware. SERATO ITCH did not work. All machines were Windows 7 64 bit Home & or Premium where I ran both ITCH Itch 1.5 (did not work) 1.7.1 (did not work) ITCH 2.0 (did not work). I bought the Lenovo's and Fujitsu's because they had Express card slots and when I inserted the Bridge adapeter in, the Lenovo's froze up completely. The Fujitu's were actually good but I changed my mind and bought a 17" Sony thats when hell started. Routine Audio drop outs A/D crackles - I assume audio stream buffer issues. The First Vaio was a basic machine only usb 2.0 connections i3 prcessor 4 g ram. This machine did not run the vci correctly and there was nothing I could do to correct it. No Driver updates available for the machine. Nothing from Vestax and Serato did not respond to my help request. It just didnt work. I returned it and bought an even better Sony I liked that had backlit keys etc - an i7 quad core machine with 2 USB 3.0 ports on sale at FRY's for $800. This machine had the same issues as the previous machine. I have run The VCI 300 mk2 on my studio POWERBOOK G4 (work) Dell latitude D620 (wifeys) Apple MBP dual core from 2007. No issues. Strange thing is that no matter what machine the graphics are never smooth - always flowing then stuttering then smooth then jittering but the audio is not effected, and help here. The last sony had 500 mb grph card and it ran just like the Dell with no graphics card and the same as the Powerook whic runs completely maxed out on CPU and Ram. I finally bought a refurb HP G7 17.3' i5 6g ram. Windows 7 64 bit. I didnt install ITCH 1.5 but downloaded ITCH 2.0 and all is well. no issues with the VFX-1 NO issues with VCI-300. I am a mac user in the studioe but after have dropping my ancient POWER book and breaking the screen i am leaving that in the studio and wanted an inexpensive machine for DJ use only. I have the $600 HP and am Happy so far. ..... BUT i have a ? on the previous machines I could run ITCH off the VCI mains and also run Itunes out of the headphone jack of the Laptop to preview more tracks and where I routinely send a feed of the playlists for a chill out room so the computer rock two party's at once with an accruate playlist established by bpm also handy when disconnecting from house system and or club sutdown so I can get that last drink. On the Sony i was able to get that to work but on this HP for some reason where the "Advanced" set up feature is the trick to get it to work it does not work. When you hit play the track sit idle. Any one have any solution to get itunes to play tracks while ITCH is running on a PC? The MAC, Sony, Dell all do it.
keith868777 2:11 PM - 21 December, 2011
i am also having trouble running scratch live and itch on my laptop . i have a dell inspiron1420 with windows 7 64bit . . a pop up block will come on my screena nd say "scratch live application has stopped working" also the same for itch . need help . . i was thinking about swtiching to XP . any ideas ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:29 PM - 21 December, 2011
Quote:
i am also having trouble running scratch live and itch on my laptop . i have a dell inspiron1420 with windows 7 64bit . . a pop up block will come on my screena nd say "scratch live application has stopped working" also the same for itch . need help . . i was thinking about swtiching to XP . any ideas ?

What are the full specs???

Have you analyzed all your files and deleted ANY corrupt ones???
marcA 6:46 PM - 21 December, 2011
Quote:

inspiron is far from a pro machine, nuff said...
marcA 6:47 PM - 21 December, 2011
for the record, i'm running on a dell with w7x64 to and have zero issues
klozher 7:13 PM - 7 January, 2012
Late chimer. You have get a laptop with a minimum dual core Intel processor. They (Serato & Vestax) wont commit to there software (Itch / SL, control surface) on anything other than a dual core Intel based machine. Corrupt audio files might impact the session if you try to play them but there should be a Broken icon on the left side if so and even then i dont think it will shut you down but we all dont experience the same thing.Yes there are ghosts in the machines, although you should go with apple, it silly expensive and for 1k you get a dopey little screen. Dell also has a big inexpensive I3 maybe now i5 machine. I know of no one using an Inspiron to compare your isssues to. Get a new machine. and allways rule number 1 - dont let your friends use your computer to look at porn.
Papa Midnight 12:12 AM - 8 January, 2012
Quote:

Might I point out that, after looking at the specs for your computer (www.amazon.com), assuming that you don't use the VCI-300, you don't meet the minimal requirements for operating either software in a 64-bit environment?
Damo065 12:32 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:

I bought a mac and quickly wished i hadn't wasted my money. Twice the price of a pc and it still doesn't work properly and i get half second freezes during playback... Don't believe the hype and the advertising, mac's just ain't that great...
djcerla 1:00 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
Twice the price of a pc and it still doesn't work properly and i get half second freezes during playback...

which Mac, exactly?
Damo065 4:07 PM - 12 January, 2012
macbook pro
Papa Midnight 4:46 PM - 12 January, 2012
^ even with Mac's limited product range, that's a broad statement.
13", 15", 17"
Year
Generation
Processor (AND SPEED)
RAM
HDD
GPU

list out some specs here.
diezdiaz 5:08 PM - 12 January, 2012
my win 7 64 bit works just great. sucks to be you dude
Damo065 5:33 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
^ even with Mac's limited product range, that's a broad statement.
13", 15", 17"
Year
Generation
Processor (AND SPEED)
RAM
HDD
GPU

list out some specs here.

I'm not sure of the exact specs, I paid about £1000 for it on ebay around 9 months/yr ago if that helps. Can't say I thought it was worth the pricetag from what I saw of it, some things were better & some things were worse compared to Windows and definitely not worth the hefty pricetag, you're paying for the branding and the hype in my opinion. I'm back to using a pc now anyway and my girlfriend uses the mac so don't worry about trying to solve the mac problem, the problem I have now is with Windows!
djcerla 6:21 PM - 12 January, 2012
mmm... 1000 pounds and you didn't even know what you were buying? Sounds somehow strange.
Papa Midnight 7:02 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quote:
mmm... 1000 pounds and you didn't even know what you were buying? Sounds somehow strange.

I find myself in agreement. That's one hell of a price tag (Roughly $1534 USD by today's exchange rates) to not have an idea of what it is you purchased.
signs 7:39 PM - 12 January, 2012
Check this out!
blog.dubspot.com
DJMike_123 11:50 PM - 12 January, 2012
Quick one guys Dells do have a USB port issue with my XPS if I use the left port as I look at the screen loads of problems but running on the rear or right hand USB port all is fine I can also confirm if you use a sub standard cheap USB cable that will give you grief as well hope that helps
and I am using a DELL XPS i7 with Windows 7 64bit and have been for 5 months its solid as a rock so far.
Damo065 2:58 PM - 13 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I find myself in agreement. That's one hell of a price tag (Roughly $1534 USD by today's exchange rates) to not have an idea of what it is you purchased.

I think it was a quad core something something, I don't know because I don't use it, it's more for my girlfriend than me. I'm looking for a solution to the problem above rather than discussing macs so prob best to stick to the point :)
Derby City 3:28 PM - 7 February, 2012
Stop telling people to buy a mac. WE KNOW they are great. Blah, blah, blah. A good many of us have to use less expensive options until we can earn the cheese to buy one. K?
DJ Santos 46289 9:18 PM - 14 February, 2012
Hi me helped to update the Java Plugin .... If there is a new Version of Itch out...Your Itch what is in use,is not working longer :DD
After update the Java Itch is runnung normally on Win 7 64 bit !!!!
Papa Midnight 10:12 PM - 14 February, 2012
Quote:
Hi me helped to update the Java Plugin .... If there is a new Version of Itch out...Your Itch what is in use,is not working longer :DD

Considering the fact that ITCH is not a Java program, I'm not seeing the correlation...
...unless jusched.exe for you was just pushing so much in the way of checking for updates, but I seriously doubt that was the magical fix.
moskitoman 7:29 PM - 13 December, 2012
Quote:

Updating Java to the latest version (java 7 update 10) worked for me too.
Prior to the update Itch wasn't usable.
I had 100% CPU usage and mostly I couldn't even play back a single song without crashing.

Try updating, maybe it will work for you too!
moskitoman 7:54 PM - 13 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Updating Java to the latest version (java 7 update 10) worked for me too.
Prior to the update Itch wasn't usable.
I had 100% CPU usage and mostly I couldn't even play back a single song without crashing.

Try updating, maybe it will work for you too!

dhave to take that back...only worked for the first startup...next time the same old problems.
djemdub 10:25 PM - 14 December, 2012
you guys dug up a super old, dead thread lol
DJ Boss Sounds 11:00 PM - 14 December, 2012
BAM!
Papa Midnight 4:16 AM - 16 December, 2012
DJ BOSS Sounds makes useless post I see...

Wait.
Why am I still tracking this?
moskitoman 9:16 PM - 6 January, 2013
Quote:
you guys dug up a super old, dead thread lol

indeed, but it seems that serato can't handle 64 bit even moren than 2 years later.
is there a solution to the 64 bit problem.
it works like a charm on 32 bit, but i hate to reboot everytime i want to mix.

are there any knows software incompatibilities?
djemdub 11:33 PM - 6 January, 2013
Itch worked perfectly fine on my 64 bit Windows 7 and now works perfectly fine on win8 64-bit
mfshva7 12:58 PM - 8 January, 2013
also no problems with Windows8 64Bit and before on Windows 7 64Bit , Itch is working with 64Bit Windows
moskitoman 1:47 PM - 8 January, 2013
then it is probably a problem with my amd processor, but why is it workingin 32 bit?
signs 2:59 PM - 8 January, 2013
Serato doesn't offical Support AMD Processors because of their bad SoundStreamingperformance.
moskitoman 8:30 PM - 3 February, 2013
after trying a lot of different things to get rid of the 100% CPU usage problem, including:

-deactivating onboard sound
-deactivating grafics card sound
-differing the time when twitch is plugged in
-setting CPU speed to maximum / adaptive
-trying all usb ports with hub or usb drive present/not present

i finally managed to get itch running.
-->its not a cpu problem because other users experience similar behavior on i7 processors
the problem was MIDIJoke!
unistallling it solved all problems.

Hope i this helps some of you out there having problems with itch.