DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ KHALED SUCKS!!!!!

DJ CON-STRUC 8:40 PM - 29 January, 2011
I just opened up for (so called) DJ Khaled last night... I had a blast! The crowd was rockin' and going crazy (footage coming soon) and the dj's that went before me were really dope. Then this no talent having mother fucker gets on stage and everybody left! no lie, by the time he was done only 1/8 of the crowd that was there for my set remained. His performance was so fucking shitty!! he performed "all i do is win" and "welcome to my hood" 5 times each!!! he played "o lets do it" and "make it rain" like three times each. I wasn't expecting him to beat match or scratch but this dumb fucker couldn't even slam mix!!! he could even do a backspin successfully!! he would play a track... for 30 seconds.... do an ear piercing attempt at a backspin... talk for about 5 minutes.... and repeat. The crowd was booing him, flipping him off and leaving.

I am embarrassed to have opened for this disgrace to the dj world. I would have rather opened for Pauly D. Thats how bad this guy is. I have no respect for this fucking piece of shit anymore, BY FAR the worse dj/performer that I have EVER seen HANDS DOWN!!!
DJMuErTe 8:52 PM - 29 January, 2011
post the pics please
DJ CON-STRUC 8:56 PM - 29 January, 2011
I will, I got pics and videos. I'm supposed to meet up with the camera guy today to edit everything :) I can't wait
jevo9 8:57 PM - 29 January, 2011
Show us the footage! I can honestly say that kHaled is more of a mc/ producer.
I don't know if he has skills but he seems to be pretty popular.
DJ CON-STRUC 9:02 PM - 29 January, 2011
No excuse!! lol. I have seen people touch turtables for the first time and sound better then him! But yeah, I don't have the footage yet, I gotta wait for my boy who did the camera work to put it all together
Discobee 10:07 PM - 29 January, 2011
Haha that's awesome...Headliner DJ Fail.
DJ Tecniq 12:38 AM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
I just opened up for (so called) DJ Khaled last night... I had a blast! The crowd was rockin' and going crazy (footage coming soon) and the dj's that went before me were really dope. Then this no talent having mother fucker gets on stage and everybody left! no lie, by the time he was done only 1/8 of the crowd that was there for my set remained. His performance was so fucking shitty!! he performed "all i do is win" and "welcome to my hood" 5 times each!!! he played "o lets do it" and "make it rain" like three times each. I wasn't expecting him to beat match or scratch but this dumb fucker couldn't even slam mix!!! he could even do a backspin successfully!! he would play a track... for 30 seconds.... do an ear piercing attempt at a backspin... talk for about 5 minutes.... and repeat. The crowd was booing him, flipping him off and leaving.

I am embarrassed to have opened for this disgrace to the dj world. I would have rather opened for Pauly D. Thats how bad this guy is. I have no respect for this fucking piece of shit anymore, BY FAR the worse dj/performer that I have EVER seen HANDS DOWN!!!
fucking AWESOME! how did I know that his performance was gonna be a fail cause he's not a DJ! he produces music and nothing more. LOL @ ppl booing him that's the funnest shit i heard on this forum! I bet the dj's before you were even laughing...LMFAO u guys prob all killed it and he prob killed himself that night...ALL I DO IS.....BANG!!
DJ Tecniq 12:42 AM - 30 January, 2011
He's killing it! Let's goooo...

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 12:48 AM - 30 January, 2011
And that def was a promoter fail having him as a headliner. I've never heard of Khaled headlining any type of an event except non-dj performance. This goes to show artist need to take a step back and let real dj's do the work. I wish I could of been there man I woulda kicked him off myself.
DJ Tecniq 12:51 AM - 30 January, 2011
HE'S THE BEST!!
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 12:58 AM - 30 January, 2011
he said he wants to have his own laundry mat...lmfao who tha fuck says that.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:01 AM - 30 January, 2011
Man look, All He Does Is Win.
DJ Tecniq 1:02 AM - 30 January, 2011
"here homie here's my laundry i'll be back by 5 to pick it up. And steam press that shit cause u da best"
jevo9 2:37 AM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
Man look, All He Does Is Win.

Lol
Henry GQ 2:53 AM - 30 January, 2011
ha. u haters..
DJ Tecniq 4:44 AM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
ha. u haters..
hey man if you're not a good dj and calling yourself one..sorry im gonna hate you cause u deserve to be hated and not be in the spotlight..sad but true just keeping it real.
Henry GQ 5:12 AM - 30 January, 2011
dude isnt in the spotlight cuz hes technically a great dj.
Henry GQ 5:13 AM - 30 January, 2011
shit. im more of a house music lover. but i wish i was in his shoes. drinking and gettin high with lil wayne. rick ross. fat joe. fuck.
DJ Tecniq 7:25 AM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
shit. im more of a house music lover. but i wish i was in his shoes. drinking and gettin high with lil wayne. rick ross. fat joe. fuck.
really? i wouldn't want to be in his shoes. wow i'd rather be chillen with house dj's cause there put way more effort into their music.
ninos 8:08 AM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

really? i wouldn't want to be in his shoes. wow i'd rather be chillen with house dj's cause there put way more effort into their music.

+1, i love house music. HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG
dj-dave-d 8:31 AM - 30 January, 2011
+2 on house
djchope 9:39 AM - 30 January, 2011
im just going to say electronic dance music, saying House sounds a little homo (actually saying that in the early 2000s would sound homo)
hip-hop shows suck, EDM music all day long!
echa1945mf 9:47 AM - 30 January, 2011
^
^
^

ouch , this gon get ugly .... bad move .. bad bad bad move
djchope 9:51 AM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
^
^
^

ouch , this gon get ugly .... bad move .. bad bad bad move

let me back peddle a little haha
classic hip-hop shows are good, now in days show suck to be honest. I do see an improvement, rappers are having back up bands which i enjoy.
ninos 9:56 AM - 30 January, 2011
dont get me wrong, im a EDM dj. i play electro/house/dutch. but when i have to drop a a hip hop set i do. i love hip hop. GOOD HIP HOP. not todays bull shit.
DJLRock 10:07 AM - 30 January, 2011
That's why I asked u in the other thread if he was Djing or performing. When I worked with him all he did was yell the parts of the songs he was on and bounce. Oh and they paid him 10k.
DJ McKay 3:27 PM - 30 January, 2011
Quote:
"here homie here's my laundry i'll be back by 5 to pick it up. And steam press that shit cause u da best"

HAHAHAHAHAHA That is some funny ass shit!!!! On the other hand i have never really been all that into DJ Khaled and i don't think of him as a DJ at all.
AKIEM 8:18 PM - 30 January, 2011
dont sleep on laundry mats and car washes - I heard of a guy who profeted near 7 figures building up car wash locations and selling + I heard hes got bags and bags of coins hidden
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:00 AM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
im just going to say electronic dance music, saying House sounds a little homo (actually saying that in the early 2000s would sound homo)

That is the STUPIDEST THING I've seen posted since someone said you can remove your turntable platter by turning it Counterclockwise.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:01 AM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Oh and they paid him 10k.

BOOM.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:13 AM - 31 January, 2011
That happened to me one time from a very well known Reggae/Dancehall sound. I mean I looked up them as I was coming up in the DJ world and one time I opened up for the dude at a big big dance. About 8 other DJs. Everyone else was using Itch or Virtual DJ and I was the only one using Scratch Live at the time. He comes up to me and asks to use my set and I say please do! I had a hybrid set up that night.
Set Up:
Mac Book Pro

Pioneer CDJ1000
Technics 1200
Rane 56 with SL3

He was like.....
Famous DJ:"You have a turntable...."
ME: Yea
Famous DJ: I haven't touch a turntable in years!
ME: You can use the CDJ and Instant double with it.
Famous DJ: Huh?
ME: You can play with just the CDJ.
Famous DJ: I don't know how to do that.
ME: You want me to mix for you while you mic?
Famous DJ: I good...

You know how they say don't ever meet your idles because you will be disappointed....
This guy didn't even make half an attempt to mix..... Just backspin.... Drop the next sound.... Sound effect sound effects..... Mic..... Drops..... Sounded nothing like his mix CDs.....
Dj Shamann 2:22 AM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
That is the STUPIDEST THING I've seen posted since someone said you can remove your turntable platter by turning it Counterclockwise.

Shut up Johnny, now you're just looking like an obsessed old man. You CAN remove it that way and that's all that matters. Are you saying you can't? And no you don't need vicegrips clown.

You're looking like a loser right now. I reeeeeeally got to you with that one didn't I? This guy thought about it all weekend while he was at home and takes it into multiple threads. What a loser.
Henry GQ 2:55 AM - 31 January, 2011
wheres the popcorn? this is gonna be fun!
DJLRock 3:00 AM - 31 January, 2011
So anyway..... That Dj khaled guy..... He's amazing!
Henry GQ 3:01 AM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
So anyway..... That Dj khaled guy..... He's amazing!

haha hes the best
Dj Shamann 3:06 AM - 31 January, 2011
Nah it's not gonna be fun, I was already done with this and forgot since there was much more exciting things to foccus on the weekend, apparently for him there wasn't. I wasn't holding any grudge against the guy, I thought the whole thing was kind of funny at first. But I didn't realize this loser was going to carry on still or I wouldn't have even entertained it in the first place, I have no interest.

The only thing I will respond to is when Johnny tells me yes or no does my method work. That's all. Until then the argument is redundant, he can go ask his wife if he's allowed to go in the basement and try it, after that come talk to me. Until then, he needs to leave it alone and get some rest for his cubicle in the morning.

Quote:

Almost as stupid as the guy who said it would only work if you used vicegrips.

Quote:
The only way "Turning it CLOCKWISE, COUNTERCLOCKWISE, or any other method" would only be effective if you somehow SECURED THE SPINDLE, but I don't see any of you (and I wouldn't recommend it), grabbing some vise grips and making sure the spindle stays put.

^ Now that's stupid
Dj Bacik 3:47 AM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Nah it's not gonna be fun, I was already done with this and forgot since there was much more exciting things to foccus on the weekend, apparently for him there wasn't. I wasn't holding any grudge against the guy, I thought the whole thing was kind of funny at first. But I didn't realize this loser was going to carry on still or I wouldn't have even entertained it in the first place, I have no interest.

The only thing I will respond to is when Johnny tells me yes or no does my method work. That's all. Until then the argument is redundant, he can go ask his wife if he's allowed to go in the basement and try it, after that come talk to me. Until then, he needs to leave it alone and get some rest for his cubicle in the morning.

Quote:

Almost as stupid as the guy who said it would only work if you used vicegrips.

Quote:

The only way "Turning it CLOCKWISE, COUNTERCLOCKWISE, or any other method" would only be effective if you somehow SECURED THE SPINDLE, but I don't see any of you (and I wouldn't recommend it), grabbing some vise grips and making sure the spindle stays put.

^ Now that's stupid

Just to pour some gasoline on this one. Didn't he say he doesn't see anyone doing it and even not recommend it?
Dj Shamann 4:03 AM - 31 January, 2011
He's saying that the only way (whether it's good or not) to lift the platter, turn it and have it give is if you secured the spindle with vicegrips which is absolute nonsense because I'm not the only one who said they lift and turn.

At 7am I saw the original post and people talking about hitting it with mallets and shit and I said you don't need to go that far (if they want to and it works, cool but not everyone has a mallet handy) but because I specified a direction (not really digging deep into my thought process at 7am...I even apologized and said yes it can go either way after, but i was originally trying to paint a visual since forums speak can sometimes not translate well) Johnny took such issue with it that he is now going into other threads bringing it up. Sad really.
Dj Shamann 4:17 AM - 31 January, 2011
Anayway, like i said I'm done with it until Johnny answers yes or no will the way i described works. Regardless if I originally specified a direction or not, because if it works the whole argument is redundant. I apologize to the OP for stooping to the old man's level and feeding into it in yourunrelated thread. Shit must be boring for a 40+ year old in a grunt job who's good Dj days are behind him.
RogerRabbit 4:54 AM - 31 January, 2011
^^ Oh wow this could be epic..

*popcorn*
djchope 5:15 AM - 31 January, 2011
lol im loving this. Shamann on a roll.
Henry GQ 6:39 AM - 31 January, 2011
man... johnny is a smart ass dude. cant wait for the reply!. popcorn time!!!
AKIEM 8:34 AM - 31 January, 2011
the plater is not "locked", "twisted" or "screwed" on in any way at all. Turning the plater has absolutely no mechanical effect. What turning it *MIGHT* do is change the distribution of the turntables wight in relation to the plater causing it to act as if it is more heavy. OR by changing the angle at wich the spindle is lodged into the plater. So turning it *can* help. But the fact of the matter is that that plater is only siting on top of the cone shaped spindle. What is holding it in place is a) the wight of the plater and b) the friction between the hole in the plater and the spindle.

If the plater is difficult to remove (which it should not be) means that someone was doing a hand stand or some shit on it OR there is some dirt/grime/crap in there OR maybe scratched up metal making it stick .

The best way to take it off: put your fingers in the holes and jerk the plater straight up as fast and with as much force as you can.

If that does not work you might have to lift the table straight up by the holes in the plater and have someone tap on the spindle until it is jerked free. But it really should not come to that.

but again turning it *can* help, but which way you turn it will have ABSOLUTELY no difference. There is ABSOLUTELY no mechanical reason for there to be a difference.

This is of course on Technic 1200s (no one even knows how other turntables work)
AKIEM 8:35 AM - 31 January, 2011
^^^ haha, wrong thread ^^^
DJ metaphor 8:39 AM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
You know how they say don't ever meet your idles because you will be disappointed....
This guy didn't even make half an attempt to mix..... Just backspin.... Drop the next sound.... Sound effect sound effects..... Mic..... Drops..... Sounded nothing like his mix CDs.....

I saw this at a show aswell,

Last october, at the TECH N9NE show.

Glasses malone's DJ did exactly what you described, infront of 3000 people...

I would have played his set 100000% better. I would have done anything to be in that guys shoes for the night.
Dj Shamann 9:11 AM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
but again turning it *can* help, but which way you turn it will have ABSOLUTELY no difference.

I've acknowledged my directional slip up and disclaimered that it would work either way, but Johnny M's 44 years old and his biggest adventure during his day is whether the guy who doesn't wash his hands when he pisses is going to get fired or not. Exciting.

As stated I have no idea why I said the particular direction other than painting a picture. Someone said give it a wiggle and it went unnoticed. It was 6:51 in the am, I drink. If I've ever had a platter that won't give, I give it a twist and voila, good enough for me. I had no idea a minor oops would be taken soooooo literally and turn into Johnny boy's whole fucking weekend and then some (because I'm sure when he gets to his cubicle he'll be on this like white on rice in a styrofoam cup on a paper plate sitting in a snowbank).

With all due respect AKIEM because I'm aware of your tech abilities. I appreciate your post and it should be left at that.
Dj Shamann 9:17 AM - 31 January, 2011
^^ should say

"With all due respect AKIEM because I'm aware of your tech abilities. I appreciate your post and it should be left at your word"
Hey-B 10:16 AM - 31 January, 2011
Couldn't have been any worse then Biz Markie... he got on the turntables and would just drop a song, have his MC say something, then drop something else. He didn't even play Just a Friend. No mixing, no scratching- nothing. Just cut a song, say something, then drop a song. Was sad.
studio17 10:52 AM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:

lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:16 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Shut up Johnny, now you're just looking like an obsessed old man. You CAN remove it that way and that's all that matters. Are you saying you can't? And no you don't need vicegrips clown.

You're looking like a loser right now. I reeeeeeally got to you with that one didn't I? This guy thought about it all weekend while he was at home and takes it into multiple threads. What a loser.

Hey, YOU were the one who wrote a short HBO series on the process.

I still may carve out some time later in the week to read it.

LOL!

I thought you said we could still be friends? :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:18 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Shit must be boring for a 40+ year old in a grunt job who's good Dj days are behind him.

But you're the one who took out a Full Page Ad in the Serato Times (this forum) to explain how you feel...

lol!

C'mon man.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:21 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
the plater is not "locked", "twisted" or "screwed" on in any way at all. Turning the plater has absolutely no mechanical effect. What turning it *MIGHT* do is change the distribution of the turntables wight in relation to the plater causing it to act as if it is more heavy. OR by changing the angle at wich the spindle is lodged into the plater. So turning it *can* help. But the fact of the matter is that that plater is only siting on top of the cone shaped spindle. What is holding it in place is a) the wight of the plater and b) the friction between the hole in the plater and the spindle.

If the plater is difficult to remove (which it should not be) means that someone was doing a hand stand or some shit on it OR there is some dirt/grime/crap in there OR maybe scratched up metal making it stick .

The best way to take it off: put your fingers in the holes and jerk the plater straight up as fast and with as much force as you can.

If that does not work you might have to lift the table straight up by the holes in the plater and have someone tap on the spindle until it is jerked free. But it really should not come to that.

but again turning it *can* help, but which way you turn it will have ABSOLUTELY no difference. There is ABSOLUTELY no mechanical reason for there to be a difference.

This is of course on Technic 1200s (no one even knows how other turntables work)

You see this ^^^?

Y'all know AKIEM and I can stand at opposite poles of the earth and debate for MONTHS about why our particular position is correct...

So you can BEST BELIEVE that if either HE AND I, (or Sixxx and I), can come to a stone cold agreement on a view for a particular topic, you might as well close up shop.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:22 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Couldn't have been any worse then Biz Markie... he got on the turntables and would just drop a song, have his MC say something, then drop something else. He didn't even play Just a Friend. No mixing, no scratching- nothing. Just cut a song, say something, then drop a song. Was sad.

Ha, I opened for Biz once. He was always good for playing 45's at the time.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:24 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
he'll be on this like white on rice in a styrofoam cup on a paper plate sitting in a snowbank).

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I may use it in the future.

Thanks!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:32 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:

LMAO!

www.djjohnnym.com

NOBODY thought you were holding a GRUDGE against me son.

So your EXCUSE for spewing complete BULLSHIT, (even though it worked for you) was that you were drunk off your azz.

Ok, apology accepted.
Dj Shamann 2:04 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
So you can BEST BELIEVE that if either HE AND I, (or Sixxx and I), can come to a stone cold agreement on a view for a particular topic, you might as well close up shop.

But he said my method will still work, you said it couldn't. that was the only thing I was arguing the whole time, I admitted my blunder from time but you kept it going over that specific detail, we were arguing two seperate issues. Anyway, let's call it a day on this one. I have other things to focus on this week and I'm sure there's a secretary who can't figure out how to work her emails that needs your assistance (jokes).

Quote:
I thought you said we could still be friends? :-)

BFF's!

But in all seriousness, it should've stayed in one thread, that's how I roll, disagreement in one thread, co-sign in the next.

Peace and spindle grease.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:48 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

fucking AWESOME! how did I know that his performance was gonna be a fail cause he's not a DJ! he produces music and nothing more. LOL @ ppl booing him that's the funnest shit i heard on this forum! I bet the dj's before you were even laughing...LMFAO u guys prob all killed it and he prob killed himself that night...ALL I DO IS.....BANG!!

this statment is acutually pretty funny because you say it like HE lost, the people may be booing him but for all that HE is still the one walking out the door with all of THEIR money, also you and the other djs KILLED IT but HE is the one who has another 10K gig already lined up for the next weekend, and the next and the next.

ALL HE DID WAS WIN
orbit122 7:29 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

this statment is acutually pretty funny because you say it like HE lost, the people may be booing him but for all that HE is still the one walking out the door with all of THEIR money, also you and the other djs KILLED IT but HE is the one who has another 10K gig already lined up for the next weekend, and the next and the next.

ALL HE DID WAS WIN

So the justification here is that he (Kahled) beat a crowd full of people who came expecting to be entertained out of their money?

As an entertainer HE did lose! He cannot expect for those people who booed and left to continue to support him. In the business he is in you are only as good as your fans say you are. its easy to be here today and gone tomorrow.

so
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:37 PM - 31 January, 2011
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:43 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:

As an entertainer HE did lose! He cannot expect for those people who booed and left to continue to support him. In the business he is in you are only as good as your fans say you are. its easy to be here today and gone tomorrow.

The beauty of khaled though is that those people dont have to support HIM, hes only on about 10% of his own album. The reason his albums sell is because he puts every other popular rapper on the album so people are going to buy it regardless of his live performance
Henry GQ 7:52 PM - 31 January, 2011

niiiiiice!
orbit122 8:06 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

The beauty of khaled though is that those people dont have to support HIM, hes only on about 10% of his own album. The reason his albums sell is because he puts every other popular rapper on the album so people are going to buy it regardless of his live performance

unfortunately that is not the beauty of Kahled. All that really means is that he makes less on his album that any of the (fan approved) actual artist. As any entertainer will tell you is that you make a significant amount of your income on your live performances. This is the only income that you do not have to share a percentage of with artist, label, publishing, etc.

As a producer, sure he will make his money but its easy to create jaded fans who if they can help it wont support you
AKIEM 8:34 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
As stated I have no idea why I said the particular direction other than painting a picture.

I see.

thing is tho, if it really stuck on there turning it will have zero effect. and if turning does in some small way help pull it off - a proper jerking it off (nm) would work much better.

no big deal.

I do remember when I started pulling the platers off - I could not figure out why one would always stick but seem to come off when I turned the plater. It took me a while to understand that turning really wasnt doing anything. jerking it straight off is what actually works (nm)

but I see how you got into the argument - good luck
AKIEM 8:37 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
As a producer, sure he will make his money but its easy to create jaded fans who if they can help it wont support you

yup - he might have won 10k that night - but he looses the 90k where they might have asked him back every year for ten years
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:48 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:

Peace and spindle grease.

No Misquote needed....

Ok, MAYBE if you had some spindle grease, you'd only have to turn it 3 degrees by the light of the silvery moon...

;-D
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:51 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Oh and they paid him 10k.

BOOM.

Man, look....

ALL HE DID WAS WIN.

(borrowed from the poster earlier in this thread)
AKIEM 10:54 PM - 31 January, 2011
but he wont get the 10k next year
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:55 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

yup - he might have won 10k that night - but he looses the 90k where they might have asked him back every year for ten years

I have to disagree here.

There will be (if he lasts long enough) another new crop of kids willing to pay money to see subpar performances, whether it be him, or someone he's teamed up with, or a protege' of his.

Fans don't REALLY control the image, the Corporations do.

You as an artist can't even control your image anymore, that's up to TMZ.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:56 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:

Not for the same song, but if he came up with ANOTHER "Banger", he'd get the cash.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:01 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:

says who? Do you think that city is the only place that does performances??
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:01 PM - 31 January, 2011
sad to say it but im on page with johnny on this one
AKIEM 11:04 PM - 31 January, 2011
especially with my rap group - we used to get booked year after year for the same events - because we killed the first one.

I never said he was going to go broke. I am giving an example.
If you are wack and getting bood the only thing you are doing is shutting doors on yourself - PERIOD.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:21 PM - 31 January, 2011
Quote:
If you are wack and getting bood the only thing you are doing is shutting doors on yourself - PERIOD.

In this day and age, if you're a "Celeb", getting boo'ed is nothing.

You have to think about it.

They're giving SUBPAR performances IN THE 1ST PLACE, using SUBPAR SONGS.

Booing is technically appropriate.

But again, that can EASILY be swept under the rug, and they perform the next state over, cash that 10g check, and come next year, (if they have a banger...). they can hit that same arena, and make that money.

If we were in a perfect world, we'd have informed listeners.

We don't.
AKIEM 11:35 PM - 31 January, 2011
I agree - there are lots of wack ass people making tons of money - and they will continue to make tons of money. We know that wackness does not stop these fools from getting paper.

The question is might they not be getting MORE (our favorite word) papers?

More then what they are getting? YES - he is still going to get paper. BUT if he would have killed it like he should battle Jeff next - then he would likely be getting EVEN MORE paper not less they would demand his dumb ass return asap.

so he might have won 10k but lost out on the fallow up 50k from that situation.

yes, he is still going to get 10k out of this and out of that - but if he reeks like shit everyplace he goes - he is not getting the return gigs.

I know and have worked with people who get more the 10k a show and will never be asked to return to a gang of events because of various antics. Ive seen it happen.

when people ask you to return year after year - you are making MORE breads
DJ Alkemy 11:38 PM - 31 January, 2011
Guy is garbage, period. His DJ skills suck, his songs suck, his production is weak. How much more shit can you get. He will be invisible in the very near future.
DjayRage 11:43 PM - 31 January, 2011
Before Khalid blew up as a producer he was sending me tracks all the time. Each time I told him to stop sending me stuff with his name & drops all over it. I told him it sounded like I was playing some other DJ's mixtape or something if I played any of that stuff live. After a while he stopped sending me sh*t..
Good riddance. I've never played any of the stuff he's sent me or that my record pools have sent me...
DJ Ness Nice 12:08 AM - 1 February, 2011
its just a case of not being hungry anymore, a dude like khalid name rings bells, he gets his 10k regardless, the name alone brings ppl everytime, ive seen khalid in miami like 99-2000-2001 and he was actually killin the miami scene at that time, never a great technical dj but he knew how to control the crowd, his reggae sets were actually on point, but in khalid case he is on str8 promo mode now, he has albums and songs to push, u think i aint gunna push my records all nite if i had my name up like that.. its not about djin at that point its about marketing, hes marketing his records cant blame em for that, that 10k he makes 2nite is nuthin, he wants those ascap checks comin in the mail for the rest of his life.. but as for the celeb djs, i seen some1 mention biz markie, yeah ive been to a biz party too and lets just say it wasnt good, sound like some1 practicing in there bed room, another time a friend of mine opened up for whoo kid, half way thru whoo kids set the club promoter goes to my friend and says, 'get ready to get back on, hes wack, im bout to kick him off'.. its sad to say that some of these djs that do have a name for themselves are commanding top dollar and putting on a lackluster performance..
RogerRabbit 12:21 AM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:

One question though - Did you tell him you thought he sucked before you left the venue?
djchase 1:50 AM - 1 February, 2011
soo wheres the vid?
spiker6750 6:10 AM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
soo wheres the vid?

+ 1
mkdva 12:40 PM - 1 February, 2011
video please
Dj Farhan 11:58 PM - 3 February, 2011
LISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAA!
DJ CON-STRUC 9:34 AM - 8 February, 2011
Finally!!! I know this took forever but I finally got some footage from the show:)
Watchwww.youtube.com
www.facebook.com
ancientyouth 2:13 PM - 8 February, 2011
I thought u were gonna post something showing how shitty khaled was?
djchase 4:22 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
Finally!!! I know this took forever but I finally got some footage from the show:)
Watchwww.youtube.com
www.facebook.com

oh boy, vid please
DJMuErTe 6:25 PM - 8 February, 2011
lol i mean for real where is the dj khaled video showing him trying to dj and people leaving as you claim?
ancientyouth 6:55 PM - 8 February, 2011
did u(or the promoter) NOT know he was going to dj "dancehall style"?i mean im assuming by your video u played house before khaled?? ... constantly starting and stopping, talking a lot, no mixing, etc....kind of wierd to take a crowd from a house vibe to that...... Should have been all hip hop and a little dancehall thrown in....
mastermind 8:01 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
www.facebook.com

oh boy, vid please

all the video showed is how bald you are!
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:03 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com
www.facebook.com

oh boy, vid please

all the video showed is how bald you are!

LOL, i was like damn is uncle fester a celeb DJ now
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:05 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
kind of wierd to take a crowd from a house vibe to that.........

if i went to see kahled play somewhere id be caught off gaurd by anything even resembling house
mastermind 8:47 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

kind of wierd to take a crowd from a house vibe to that.........

if i went to see kahled play somewhere id be caught off gaurd by anything even resembling baldness

fixed
DJ SPAIR 9:04 PM - 8 February, 2011
Why hate on Khaled? To boost yourself with your promo vid? Khaled's in his own league. He's a radio personality and produces records. He might not be the mix master you are,but he's definitely earned his rank.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:09 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
www.facebook.com

Dont take this the wrong way but just to keep the conversation productive...was the music in the video the music you were playing at the acutual show or was it dubbed over for production purposes because frankly unless im missing something it didnt seem to fit what I would imagine the crowd to be
DJ DisGrace 9:43 PM - 8 February, 2011
no headphones???
DJ Alkemy 9:47 PM - 8 February, 2011
Khaled does suck but....Watchwww.youtube.com

Yuck!!
mastermind 10:09 PM - 8 February, 2011
^^^^^electro is sooooooo 2008... come on man
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:10 PM - 8 February, 2011
man this thread took a sudden left turn lol
mastermind 10:11 PM - 8 February, 2011
it goes to show how no talent can spot no talet
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:14 PM - 8 February, 2011
DJ Alkemy 10:20 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:

I hope that was not directed at me Mr!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:23 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

lol thats the great thing about this forum, say the words no talent at no one in particular and 79% of the forum gets offended assuming your talking about them
mastermind 10:24 PM - 8 February, 2011
no man.... i was talking about uncle fester
DJ Alkemy 10:25 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

lol thats the great thing about this forum, say the words no talent at no one in particular and 79% of the forum gets offended assuming your talking about them

Dont do it Bezzle!!...Im warning you!!
DJ Alkemy 10:26 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:

haha...Uncle Fester...I cant say shit lol
mastermind 10:26 PM - 8 February, 2011
lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:34 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
www.facebook.com

That was the most SHAMELESS PLUG I have EVER seen on this board....

You KNEW cats were clickin' on those links to see Khaled... >:( !
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:37 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:40 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com
RogerRabbit 1:41 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

Lol - that's one of the best so far.. You got too much time on your hands..
DJ CON-STRUC 2:25 AM - 9 February, 2011
OKAY EVERYONE... lol at all your jokes and disses. Sorry for the confusion, I don't have any video from khaled's set. When I said that I had footage coming soon I was talking about MY footage.

Now too answer some questions and comments..... Did you guys look at the pics of the crowd? House/electro was totally what they wanted so that is what I played. The two DJ's before me actually played house too. I didn't do all house though, I did play hip hop as well but the crowd didn't react too strong so I went back to house. Yes, the video is dubbed over because audio came out all distorted.
DJ CON-STRUC 2:32 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

jealous much? ya'll can say what you want but I don't have 3 weekly residencies and do big shows like this because i have "no talent"
DJ CON-STRUC 2:40 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Why hate on Khaled? To boost yourself with your promo vid? Khaled's in his own league. He's a radio personality and produces records. He might not be the mix master you are,but he's definitely earned his rank.

It takes a lot for me to hate on someone, but I feel that if you have the chance to do music for a living then you are blessed and it makes my blood boil to see someone do such a shit job... its like he is taking it for granted. I wasn't expecting him to scratch or mix (like i already said) but his "performance" was just utter shit, there is no reason to play the same songs 5 times and there is no reason to stop the music every 30 seconds to talk for a minute ESPECIALLY when the crowd OBVIOUSLY isn't reacting well to it.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:50 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
OKAY EVERYONE... lol at all your jokes and disses. Sorry for the confusion, I don't have any video from khaled's set. When I said that I had footage coming soon I was talking about MY footage.

Now too answer some questions and comments..... Did you guys look at the pics of the crowd? House/electro was totally what they wanted so that is what I played. The two DJ's before me actually played house too. I didn't do all house though, I did play hip hop as well but the crowd didn't react too strong so I went back to house. Yes, the video is dubbed over because audio came out all distorted.

Dude, this thread is TOTALLY not about you...
mastermind 2:55 AM - 9 February, 2011
Why you crying ?????

*****George lopez voice********
DJ DisGrace 3:04 AM - 9 February, 2011
Opening for DJ Khaled
+
Quote:
House/electro was totally what they wanted so that is what I played.

=
Opening DJ Fail
DJ CON-STRUC 3:59 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Why you crying ?????

*****George lopez voice********

you just wait mastermind....
DJ CON-STRUC 4:05 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Opening for DJ Khaled
+
Quote:

=
Opening DJ Fail

So you think that I should have play Hip Hop even though the crowd wasn't feeling it? I had them rocking out... the only fail that night was Khaled
mastermind 4:16 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Opening for DJ Khaled
+
Quote:

=
Opening DJ Fail

So you think that I should have play Hip Hop even though the crowd wasn't feeling it? I had them rocking out... the only fail that night was uncle fester(with out headphones)

fixed
DJ DisGrace 4:41 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Opening for DJ Khaled
+
Quote:

=
Opening DJ Fail

So you think that I should have play Hip Hop even though the crowd wasn't feeling it? I had them rocking out... the only fail that night was Khaled

YES

your job is to warm up the crowd for a hip-hop/reggae radio personality/dj. This does not involve playing electro. You make them get into the hip-hop. You get them ready for the main event. They obviously were expecting to hear hip-hop if they bought a ticket for a Khaled show. You took them in a totally different direction because you wanted to get your shine on.

All this after starting a thread to ask for advice on what to play!
No one suggested playing electro!
mastermind 4:58 AM - 9 February, 2011
1) why are u playing electro at a hip hop oriented show?
2) electro has been out for a wile now.
3) one can only assume that when a dj is not useing headphones then he is wavefucking the screen witch makes u a wack dj
DJ CON-STRUC 4:58 AM - 9 February, 2011
The two dj's before where playing electro, they set that tone. I wasn't about to get up in front of all those people and give them something that they didn't wanna hear. My job as a dj is to read the crowd and play music that goes with the vibe in the room. The vibe in that room WAS NOT hip hop. I was surprised myself, I was expecting to spin hip hop but that wasn't what people were feeling. I know I did the right thing because I gained new sweet residency from that show and got the rep around town as "the dj who made Khaled look silly"
DJ CON-STRUC 5:03 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
1) why are u playing electro at a hip hop oriented show?
2) electro has been out for a wile now.
3) one can only assume that when a dj is not useing headphones then he is wavefucking the screen witch makes u a wack dj

1) I don't know how many times I gotta say this, THATS WHAT THE CROWD WANTED!!!
2) Where do you live? Electro/uptempo top 40 is all you hear in the clubs here in Western Ma.
3) GET THE FUCK OVER IT!! I started on vinyl, I can beat match either way. I like hearing everything I do live though so YES I ditched the headphones. Spinbad don't use headphones either... is he a wack dj?
4) Lets battle!
djchase 5:04 AM - 9 February, 2011
still no video of dj khaled sucking (misquote all you want)

beuler?
mastermind 5:16 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
still no video of dj khaled sucking (misquote all you want)

beuler?

+1

sorry i dony battle with has been music (electro)
mastermind 5:17 AM - 9 February, 2011
dony = dont
DJ CON-STRUC 5:24 AM - 9 February, 2011
ummmm... i do everything not just electro. Watchwww.youtube.com
mastermind 5:29 AM - 9 February, 2011
the fact you do electro is bad enough
DJ CON-STRUC 5:29 AM - 9 February, 2011
your scared.
mastermind 5:31 AM - 9 February, 2011
lol......... go and buy some headphones first
DJ CON-STRUC 5:33 AM - 9 February, 2011
who uses headphones for battles.... dj p? come one dude! what? scared your gonna loose to uncle fester?
DCD 5:44 AM - 9 February, 2011
my face when i read this thread

i.imgur.com
DJ Tecniq 8:19 AM - 9 February, 2011
wierd man..just wierd i mean it wasn't an electro show it was a hip hop show..fuck man u shoulda started out with hip hop got on the mic and said yo im gonna do somethin a lil different then the dj's before me and fucking drop some dirty south ying yang twins shake ur ass type shit i guarntee u they would of reacted well. Playing electro before khaled is total disrespect but hey if ppl were rockin to electro then cool..but damn those ppl had to be either drunk or hella confused when they left that show like what the fuck just happened...didn't seem like NO ONE in the crowd was getting into the music then again it was shoulder to shoulder in that bitch. God damn dude i woulda dropped some 2 live crew shake that ass bitch and then go into some hip hop..it really has the same elements.
DJ CON-STRUC 11:05 AM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
wierd man..just wierd i mean it wasn't an electro show it was a hip hop show..fuck man u shoulda started out with hip hop got on the mic and said yo im gonna do somethin a lil different then the dj's before me and fucking drop some dirty south ying yang twins shake ur ass type shit i guarntee u they would of reacted well. Playing electro before khaled is total disrespect but hey if ppl were rockin to electro then cool..but damn those ppl had to be either drunk or hella confused when they left that show like what the fuck just happened...didn't seem like NO ONE in the crowd was getting into the music then again it was shoulder to shoulder in that bitch. God damn dude i woulda dropped some 2 live crew shake that ass bitch and then go into some hip hop..it really has the same elements.

You think I don't know that? First of all, they didn't give us dj's any mic, thay had an mc and I did drop some dirty south... it didn't work. I really didn't mean any disrespect when I was on stage but my instincts kicked in and i "read the crowd" and gave them what they wanted because I thought that is what a dj does. It's not my problem that Khaled can't be diverse and play something other than hip hop, I sure as hell ain't gonna make myself look like a fool and play something that I know isn't working just to save Khaled's ass.
DJ CON-STRUC 11:10 AM - 9 February, 2011
Mastermind, where you at? I love how you talk all this shit and now that I wanna battle you are suddenly ghost. lol. COME ON MAN!! I'm just a wack no headphone wearing, waveform reading, electro playing dj.... you should have no problem in a battle against me! Step up and be man, back up all your shit talking. Either way you got it coming. stay tuned!
DJ Alkemy 11:19 AM - 9 February, 2011
Im so dissapointed in you Construc. I had no idea the guy playing terrible music in that youtube vid (at the Khaled show) was the dude in the TRIVIUM T-SHIRT!. What the hell you doing playing wack electro, technoey bullshit lol. You can get down on them tables so mastermind, I would hush a bit. Anyway, fuck Khaled, fuck headphones (Yeah I said it!!) and fuck electro & techno.
ancientyouth 1:53 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You think I don't know that? First of all, they didn't give us dj's any mic, thay had an mc and I did drop some dirty south... it didn't work. I really didn't mean any disrespect when I was on stage but my instincts kicked in and i "read the crowd" and gave them what they wanted because I thought that is what a dj does. It's not my problem that Khaled can't be diverse and play something other than hip hop, I sure as hell ain't gonna make myself look like a fool and play something that I know isn't working just to save Khaled's ass.

UNBELIEVABLE
I dont know whats more sad, the fact that you didnt know how to properly lead into a HIP-HOP HEADLINER, the fact that you PERSONALLY pissed away 10g's, or the fact that you dont even REALIZE the dancehall style has been done this way since the 50's...... Go to ANY dancehall party with an international dj and this Is what youll see..... Khaled is a dancehall dj who plays hip hop...... Lots of guys do it ... Just not at batty boy electro shows
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:36 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
It's not my problem that Khaled can't be diverse and play something other than hip hop,

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man you GOTTA be kiddin me, thats like bringin a rock crowd to nas show and sayin "man it aint my fault all he can do is rap"
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:40 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

and I did drop some dirty south... it didn't work

what dirty south did you drop??
Dubplate10" 2:41 PM - 9 February, 2011
I was expecting abit more from the videos, some trainwrecks or something you know :)
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:44 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

THATS WHAT THE CROWD WANTED!!!

so your telling me that the people in that crowd payed how much for dj kahled tickets and went not wanting to hear thekind of music dj khaled is known for...hmmm

Once again thats liek buying tickets to summer jam and going i hope there arent any rappers at this damn thing
ancientyouth 2:46 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

It's not my problem that Khaled can't be diverse and play something other than hip hop,

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man you GOTTA be kiddin me, thats like bringin a rock crowd to nas show and sayin "man it aint my fault all he can do is rap"

^^^^^^^^ Fucking Priceless^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Quote:

^^^more priceless
DJ DisGrace 2:58 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
First of all, they didn't give us dj's any mic

FAIL - You should have a mic in your gig bag

Quote:

FAIL - You make it work. That is your job as the opening dj

Quote:
i "read the crowd" and gave them what they wanted because I thought that is what a dj does

FAIL - an opening DJ gets the crowd ready for the headliner. You tried to outshine him plain and simple.

Quote:
I sure as hell ain't gonna make myself look like a fool and play something that I know isn't working just to save Khaled's ass.

FAIL - you didn't look like a fool in that Youtube scratching vid you posted. Why didn't you do that at the Khaled show? You're telling me people that paid to see a hip-hop show "weren't feeling" scratching and juggles?

oh b/c
Quote:
The two dj's before where playing electro, they set that tone.

FAIL - forget the two wack wavies that played before you. They probably only have electro on their HD anyway. It was your job to step up and play some hip-hop.

Quote:
The vibe in that room WAS NOT hip hop.

From the looks of that Youtube video, there was no vibe at all in that room. Except you bouncing around with no headphones for your promo video.

Quote:
got the rep around town as "the dj who made Khaled look silly"

From who? Your boy working the HandyCam? Some drunk groupie? Puh-LEEEASE

All this would be a non issue, you can play whatever you want at whatever show.... BUT.... YOU came here and asked for advice on what to play....... YOU started a thread called "DJ KHALED SUCKSS!!!"....... And YOU keep defending your disrespect towards a successful producer and dj that helped pave the way for you to be a dj too..... then YOU posted a shameless Promo video of you playing house at a hip-hop show, making everyone think it was Khaled trainwrecking. And you wonder why you're getting flamed???

I bet Khaled KILLED it!
DJ Alkemy 3:02 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

Trust me, even when Khaled would come on, the vibe still wouldnt be Hip-Hop, he sucks ass.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:02 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
I bet Khaled KILLED it!

LMFAO, how awsome would it be to find a video from the show, and where DJ CON-STRUC wrote
Quote:
The crowd was booing him, flipping him off
kahled was yelling, FUCK ELECTRO, PUT YA MIDDLE FINGERS UP...ALL I DO IS WINNN!! and the crowds goin nuts and constucs voice is on cam like man kahleds wack look all hes doin is playin dirty south, I NEVER PLAY LIL WAYNE lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:03 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Trust me, even when Khaled would come on, the vibe still wouldnt be Hip-Hop, he sucks ass.

facepalm...you know what we're sayin
DJ Alkemy 3:19 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

facepalm...you know what we're sayin

Yeah, I do. But the fact is, look at that crowd. They dont look like your run of the mill Hip-Hop crowd. You would see the same people at a BEP show so I think even if you played electro or techno they still wont be a discerning crowd that no quality music. They paid to go and see DJ Khaled for christs sake. oh, and facepalm.
DCD 3:26 PM - 9 February, 2011
Sounds more like a promoter issue imo. There'd be no reason for Dance music heads to go to that unless it wasn't very well advertised.
DJ Alkemy 3:28 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Sounds more like a promoter issue imo. There'd be no reason for Dance music heads to go to that unless it wasn't very well advertised.

I would think Khaled would appeal to your casual top 40 listener more than your pure Hip-Hop head. Maybe a bit of both. I would be embarressed to be caught paying to watch that shit though.
DCD 3:38 PM - 9 February, 2011
Welp, found the flyer/promo video for the event. Kind of a weird event to be honest.

www.mullinscenter.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:40 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Welp, found the flyer/promo video for the event. Kind of a weird event to be honest.

www.mullinscenter.com

whats so wierd about it??
DCD 3:41 PM - 9 February, 2011
On one side, it is a bit odd to have it as a 'white party' (no racist), as if it were a dance party. But on the other hand, it is clearly advertised with DJ Khaled headlining it, so people should have known what to expect.
DCD 3:42 PM - 9 February, 2011
other side*
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:46 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
On one side, it is a bit odd to have it as a 'white party' (no racist), as if it were a dance party. But on the other hand, it is clearly advertised with DJ Khaled headlining it, so people should have known what to expect.

not only did they specify dj khaled but they spotlighted im so hood and all i do is win as his songs. you should already KNOW
DCD 3:47 PM - 9 February, 2011
LIIIISSSSTEEENNN
DJ Alkemy 3:50 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

not only did they specify dj khaled but they spotlighted im so hood and all i do is win as his songs. you should already KNOW

Yeah, but they also say "Khaled is among the best DJ's in the hip-hop world" so...you know.
DCD 3:51 PM - 9 February, 2011
To be honest, I don't play out. So my opinion isn't as valid as others on this forum.
Dubplate10" 4:04 PM - 9 February, 2011
Who is this Khaled fella anyway?
mastermind 4:06 PM - 9 February, 2011
listen fool. I'm not here for a pissing contest. I'm here to call you out and so are others because of your horrible video! You now want to battle to show you font suck! Sorry dude, go make some more horrible videos
mastermind 4:08 PM - 9 February, 2011
Font = dont
howcome 4:13 PM - 9 February, 2011
Here in northern California, you will hear some DJ Khaled produced song and the very next song will be some uptempo dance type song. When I travel to Southern California it's the same thing. The radio out here is playing a lot of "dance" type music. Unless it's very different across the country it would seem the people at that show would be well accustomed to dance music. And I bet a lot of people here thought twice about Con-Struct's skills after seeing his practice video. Munster or not dude is skilled.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:16 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Here in northern California, you will hear some DJ Khaled produced song and the very next song will be some uptempo dance type song. When I travel to Southern California it's the same thing. The radio out here is playing a lot of "dance" type music. Unless it's very different across the country it would seem the people at that show would be well accustomed to dance music.

Thats on the radio where hes not the focus, the job of the opening DJ is to get the crowd ready for the headliner, unlike the radio this was a DJ KAHLED show, the job of the openers is to get the crowd hyped for what the headliners gonna do and that want dirty dutch remixes
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:17 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

Munster or not dude is skilled

and hes not a munster hes an adams lol
mastermind 4:18 PM - 9 February, 2011
Lol at the Adams
DJ Alkemy 4:23 PM - 9 February, 2011
I think people are going overboard on this opening DJ thing. Like as if you played techno, electro whatever then the crowd will be dissapointed when Khaled plays (in the loosest form) Hip-Hop. Its not like they cant listen to two different types of music. They would be a top 40 ish crowd anyway so who cares. I know what some of you are saying about the opening DJ having a certain responsibility but I think we are giving Khaleds crowd a bit too much credit. You think them people are gonna be so descerning to care about a bit of electro being played before Khaled comes on. I dont.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:24 PM - 9 February, 2011
Think of it like this he said the crowd was diggin it and the 2 DJs before him were playing all electro house. That means there was probably what 4 hours of electro house. As a typical listener of wannabe thug garbage rap ie kahleds fanbase, if i showed up and heard 2 hours of electro house dirty bit pop 40 remixs i would have either left sayin what is this shit or been waaaaay at the back tryin to mak on chicks and ignore the music, while at the same time all the people who came to see kahled but like clubby electro house are like ohhhh shit electro house lets cram up to the front....so basically you have several hours of filtering electro house fans to the front and krunk kahled fans to the back. Now when kahled aka the headliner comes out and drops what appears to be the 1st krunk\rap track of the night, or at least the last 3 hours all the electro house fans youve spent the entire day catering to are pissed cause you switched genres on em and everyone who would have been into that has done been hit the parking lot.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:26 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
I think people are going overboard on this opening DJ thing. Like as if you played techno, electro whatever then the crowd will be dissapointed when Khaled plays (in the loosest form) Hip-Hop. Its not like they cant listen to two different types of music. They would be a top 40 ish crowd anyway so who cares. I know what some of you are saying about the opening DJ having a certain responsibility but I think we are giving Khaleds crowd a bit too much credit. You think them people are gonna be so descerning to care about a bit of electro being played before Khaled comes on. I dont.

Are you serious?? Im going to chalk this up to you being over the pond but over here at least in the south, fans of people like lil wayne, plies, kahled, boosie, TI ect dont want to hear ANYTHING except THAT kinda ish. In my spot if you play ONE i mean ONE techno\dutch\dubstep\house ect, you will get the stick face and most people will dip and not come back.
DJ Alkemy 4:27 PM - 9 February, 2011
But I dont think most of Khaleds fanbase are thug garbage rap fans. I think they are a mixture of them and top 40 fans who jump on the latest music fad, whatever the genre. Like I said, I think we are giving them way too much credit.
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:27 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

You think them people are gonna be so descerning to care about a bit of electro being played before Khaled comes on. I dont.

a bit....he said him and the 3 DJs before him played it the entire time. If i was into Kahled style music i would be pissed sitting through 4 hours straight of an electro set
DJ Alkemy 4:29 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it. So once again, I think they were more of a top 40 crowd and the DJ's seen this and played music accordingly. Anyway, I couldnt give a toss either way. Khaled is garbage and the music on that youtube link was garbage also. Im out.

Are you serious?? Im going to chalk this up to you being over the pond but over here at least in the south, fans of people like lil wayne, plies, kahled, boosie, TI ect dont want to hear ANYTHING except THAT kinda ish. In my spot if you play ONE i mean ONE techno\dutch\dubstep\house ect, you will get the stick face and most people will dip and not come back.
DJ Alkemy 4:29 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote fail
Thread fail
Khaled fail
electro fail
blah blah blah
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:31 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
But I dont think most of Khaleds fanbase are thug garbage rap fans. I think they are a mixture of them and top 40 fans who jump on the latest music fad, whatever the genre. Like I said, I think we are giving them way too much credit.

Ok but the stuff they were playing isnt top 40 either, american top 40 fans are known for 1 thing and that only wanting to hear whats on the radio\what they know, not a 4 hour set of electro house and dutch remixs.

Also I dotn see how a dj khaled fan isnt a fan of garbage thug rap, his entire albums are comprised of rick ross, lil wayne, birdman, fat joe, young jeezy, ludacris, and guci man....those are the garbage thug rap KINGS
DJ Alkemy 4:35 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Ok but the stuff they were playing isnt top 40 either, american top 40 fans are known for 1 thing and that only wanting to hear whats on the radio\what they know, not a 4 hour set of electro house and dutch remixs.

Also I dotn see how a dj khaled fan isnt a fan of garbage thug rap, his entire albums are comprised of rick ross, lil wayne, birdman, fat joe, young jeezy, ludacris, and guci man....those are the garbage thug rap KINGS

I hear ya, I was saying that there was probably a mixture of both. Maybe in hindsight one of the three DJ's should have changed it up but maybe the second DJ seen that the electro thing was working and didnt have the stones to change it. Same thing with the 3rd and 4th DJ.
DCD 4:36 PM - 9 February, 2011
implying that ludacris isnt garbage thug rap
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:41 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
implying that ludacris isnt garbage thug rap

your right "move bitch" is a lyrical masterpiece
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:42 PM - 9 February, 2011
LMFAO, this is classic read his bio from wikipedia

Quote:

Khaled was born in New Orleans, Louisiana.[1][4] He is of Palestinian descent[5] and lives in Pembroke Pines, Florida.[6] Currently, he hosts the weeknight program TakeOver on Miami-based urban music radio station WEDR with fellow host K. Foxx; Khaled states that he has worked for the station professionally since 2003.[1] In 1998, Khaled worked as a "sidekick" for Miami rapper Luther Campbell for Campbell's Friday night WEDR radio show The Luke Show.[3] In his albums, Khaled usually provides "shoutouts" that assert his representation of "the ghetto" and urges people to listen
DouggyFresh 6:24 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I gotta co-sign on this. I've opened for Flo Rida, Rick Ross, Triple C's, Trick Daddy, Mystikal, Trina, Webbie, Lil Kee, Plies, and many others and also play 3 nights a week for that kind of crowd and I will say we do occasionally play some top 40, but *anything* electro/house sounding or uptempo top 40 is a complete fail. The only fast beat I really get away with is stuff like old 90's miami booty bass.
mkdva 6:27 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
www.facebook.com

Quote:
ummmm... i do everything not just electro. Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

We all have dark and bright sides.
DJ Alkemy 6:33 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Flo Rida, Rick Ross, Triple C's, Trick Daddy, Mystikal, Trina, Webbie, Lil Kee, Plies

What the club sounds like when I die and go to hell. Oh the horror.
DJ Pullout 6:36 PM - 9 February, 2011
WE
THE
BEST
Dj PEZ888 6:47 PM - 9 February, 2011
LOL!!! All djs should do more than just house, just techno, or just hip-hop you know? Of course you cater to the crowd but hey BRANCH OUT!
Dj PEZ888 6:54 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
dont get me wrong, im a EDM dj. i play electro/house/dutch. but when i have to drop a a hip hop set i do. i love hip hop. GOOD HIP HOP. not todays bull shit.

LOL!!! All djs should do more than just house, just techno, or just hip-hop you know? Of course you cater to the crowd but hey more djs should branch out.
DJ Alkemy 6:58 PM - 9 February, 2011
Yeah, but theres branching out and there is being a jack of all trades and a master of none.
Dj PEZ888 7:01 PM - 9 February, 2011
I deffinetly agree with that 100%. I just dont want to go to a show or party and have the same style all night long.
DJ Alkemy 7:04 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
I deffinetly agree with that 100%. I just dont want to go to a show or party and have the same style all night long.

Go to a festival then lol
Dj PEZ888 7:05 PM - 9 February, 2011
lol every staurday?
AKIEM 7:07 PM - 9 February, 2011
clubs = play what they want (mostly)
shows = make them like whats good for the headliner

I do agree that the party was a little weird (not because it was a white out) but because it they proly were not all 'Khalid fans'. Plenty of them were jus collage kids going to a party DJd by a famous DJ - plenty had no idea what he was all about

The first DJ fucked up - but he was probably in his comfort zone
The second DJ continued - not knowing any better
At this point the people in the crowd who dont know shit - now they think they do. now they think they know what type of party they are at - and the Khalid fans are silently annoyed.

Now what I would have done at this point is (easier said then done) cut all sound, tell the hype man to get on the mic and ask the crowd "wheres all my hip-hop heads at". Stress that - so the silently-annoyed-at-the-electro-shit people know that this is there fucking party too! Hype them up. Go straight into one of your routines. NOW - if the crowd is really hating it, go back to the electro. Then try the same shit again later, after that fuckit. BUT if you do succeed with your routine (or dropping classics) you would have the entire place at your finger tips, you could then take the crowed wherever YOU think they should go and leading them straight to the headline. And even if the crowed will not budge from elector - you should still save the last 15 min or whatever to set up for the headline - even if the crowd hates it - you need to help the headliner out as much as possible for the sake of the show. Otherwise its just taking the easy way out.
DJ Pullout 7:08 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

but do you agree with.....

WE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dj PEZ888 7:09 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

but do you agree with.....

WE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes because, ALL WE DO IS WIN WIN WIN!!!!!!! (autotuned voice)
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:12 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
clubs = play what they want (mostly)
shows = make them like whats good for the headliner

I do agree that the party was a little weird (not because it was a white out) but because it they proly were not all 'Khalid fans'. Plenty of them were jus collage kids going to a party DJd by a famous DJ - plenty had no idea what he was all about

The first DJ fucked up - but he was probably in his comfort zone
The second DJ continued - not knowing any better
At this point the people in the crowd who dont know shit - now they think they do. now they think they know what type of party they are at - and the Khalid fans are silently annoyed.

Now what I would have done at this point is (easier said then done) cut all sound, tell the hype man to get on the mic and ask the crowd "wheres all my hip-hop heads at". Stress that - so the silently-annoyed-at-the-electro-shit people know that this is there fucking party too! Hype them up. Go straight into one of your routines. NOW - if the crowd is really hating it, go back to the electro. Then try the same shit again later, after that fuckit. BUT if you do succeed with your routine (or dropping classics) you would have the entire place at your finger tips, you could then take the crowed wherever YOU think they should go and leading them straight to the headline. And even if the crowed will not budge from elector - you should still save the last 15 min or whatever to set up for the headline - even if the crowd hates it - you need to help the headliner out as much as possible for the sake of the show. Otherwise its just taking the easy way out.

+1 on all of this, great rundown. Another thing you mabye could have done was start working into some electroish or just upbeat "dance" remixes to some popular hiphop tunes. That way the hiphop heads start recognising some of the tunes and the electro heads begin to get into a hiphop mentality, work a few of these in and tran down to some lower BPM hiphop track to really grab em, run a fun hip hop tracks and have the hype man start hypin up khaled.
DJ Alkemy 7:17 PM - 9 February, 2011
I would have grabbed the mic. Screamed "wheres all my Hip-Hop heads at?"...when they all answered Here!!...I would then say "well what the fuck you doing at a Khaled show bitches" before I jet heeled it out the fire escape lol
DJ Pullout 7:30 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
I would have grabbed the mic. Screamed "wheres all my Hip-Hop heads at?"...when they all answered Here!!...I would then say "well what the fuck you doing at a Khaled show bitches" before I jet heeled it out the fire escape lol

www.djjohnnym.com
DJ Alkemy 7:34 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

Good one. And original to boot.
Discobee 7:43 PM - 9 February, 2011
All we need is a video...any video, whether it was cellphone, digital camera, camcorder, video camera, Sony 8mm, that shows the part where Khaled was being boo'ed as the original poster stated and all this debating will be put to rest.

By the way, ain't nothing wrong with not having headphones on your head the entire time you DJ. I use a one-sided headphone and set it down after each transition so I don't get taco neck* (*Taco Bell commercial reference)
mastermind 7:50 PM - 9 February, 2011
In the adams family rule book it states that there is no wearing of headphones when making a jackass of yourself in front of a large crowd!
Discobee 7:52 PM - 9 February, 2011
^^I must've missed that section lol
DJ Pullout 7:54 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
All we need is a video...any video, whether it was cellphone, digital camera, camcorder, video camera, Sony 8mm, that shows the part where Khaled was being boo'ed as the original poster stated and all this debating will be put to rest.

By the way, ain't nothing wrong with not having headphones on your head the entire time you DJ. I use a one-sided headphone and set it down after each transition so I don't get taco neck* (*Taco Bell commercial reference)

their tacos are only 40% beef.... remember!
DJ Alkemy 7:54 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
In the adams family rule book it states that there is no wearing of headphones when making a jackass of yourself in front of a large crowd!

Dont wanna play the devils advocate but what in that video makes you think the crowd thinks he's a jackass?. They look like they are enjoying it to me, dont know why though.
DJ Pullout 7:54 PM - 9 February, 2011
TACO BELL IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ DisGrace 7:57 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

The whole point of the argument is that the crowd was prepared for Khaled's style by the opening DJ. I would expect booing if they were fed 3 hrs of electro house before Khaled got on stage.
DJ DisGrace 7:58 PM - 9 February, 2011
*was not prepared
DJ Alkemy 7:59 PM - 9 February, 2011
But if Khaled had skills and they came to see him then I wouldnt envisage them booing him and not the DJs playing the electro.
mastermind 8:02 PM - 9 February, 2011
All this Adams family talk is going to make me drop the joint this weekend
SELECT 8:15 PM - 9 February, 2011
Just a thought... I wonder how many less DJs there would be if they actually had to work at mixing music. I dont think they would survive or even like it. Take away the waveforms and half these guys wouldnt be working. Its just too easy now IMO.
DJ Alkemy 8:17 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Just a thought... I wonder how many less DJs there would be if they actually had to work at mixing music. I dont think they would survive or even like it. Take away the waveforms and half these guys wouldnt be working. Its just too easy now IMO.

Thats a whole other thread, that has been done to death and still aint changed shit.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:41 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

FAIL- A DJ shouldn't NEED a mic in the 1st place...
DJ CISC0 8:46 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
TACO BELL IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khaled loves McDonalds
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ DisGrace 8:54 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

true, but it was just a weak excuse to keep playing electro in this situation. I like to have a mic for the "security to the dj booth" situations lol
AKIEM 8:57 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
But if Khaled had skills and they came to see him then I wouldnt envisage them booing him and not the DJs playing the electro.

This is true.

Except Khalid is not known for his skills. And in a situation like this it is not really his job to read, play for the crowd. He is not in a booth, he is up on stage, its more of a show. He should be able to play 'his set'. It is up to, first the booking and promotion to make sure the venue and promotion is right for his type of bullshit music - or if Khalid decide is he the right headliner for the event. Second and maybe even more important - the opening DJs should 'play for the show' not for what they see some sluts dancing to.

Khalid is wack - period. But most of that crowd has no idea what his bullshit shtick is - and they were set up to see him play a techno set.

Yes - he would have killed it if he adapted to the situation. But thats not what kind of artist (in the most loosest terms) he is.

This is kinda the same as (Satin is giving me a thumbs up and wink dare I compare) when Jazzy Jeff was removed from whatever wack ass club that was - for playing the "wrong shit."

If there is some kind of footage showing where Khalid was fucking up (which I wouldnt be surprised) then that would be another story again - but If they booed just because he played his own dumb records - why the fuck was the crowd expecting anything else? Its him.

gain - for the record - I think he and his whole team are wack and the epetome of whats wrong with hip-hop (as the satin smiles for me having to mention Hip-Hop in this thread)
DJ Alkemy 8:59 PM - 9 February, 2011
for the record - I think he and his whole team are wack and the epetome of whats wrong with hip-hop (as the satin smiles for me having to mention Hip-Hop in this thread)

Yep yep
mic 9:07 PM - 9 February, 2011
Why the hell did you wear a black tee and blue jeans to a white party.. You shoulda hit the fashion advice thread up. haha
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:09 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

His performance was so fucking shitty!! he performed "all i do is win" and "welcome to my hood" 5 times each!!! he played "o lets do it" and "make it rain" like three times each.

just for the record this set would have KILLED at my club, its pretty much my set from latst sat night lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:09 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Why the hell did you wear a black tee and blue jeans to a white party.. You shoulda hit the fashion advice thread up. haha

LMFAO good eye!!
DouggyFresh 9:10 PM - 9 February, 2011
But a DJ Khaled show should have had a hype man on the mic all night while playing hip hop, because that's what kind of hip hop(?) that DJ Khaled plays and produces.

This is no worse than playing dirty south while opening for Swedish House Mafia or Tiesto. Or playing techno while opening for Shania Twain.

This sounds like an example of someone who thought DJ Khaled is a mix DJ (which he's not), someone completely missed the ball on setting the mood properly. DJ Khaled is a RADIO personality turned producer, other guys are great mixers and producers (DJ Nasty from Orlando, for example), but Khaled is a radio jock turned producer (and record company executive).

And for the record, its the listeners and people who buy records and make them hit songs, not the artists fault. If people wanted to hear Wu Tang, Nas, De La Soul, etc style hip hop, those records would be #1 sellers, not the stuff that is now. There was a time when both styles of records were popular on the shelves, but the newer style won out over the older style based on sales, not based on some guy's decision that hip hop should be different.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:28 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

true, but it was just a weak excuse to keep playing electro in this situation. I like to have a mic for the "security to the dj booth" situations lol

Y'all don't know how to improvise...

If you have headphones, then you have a mic.
DJ Alkemy 9:34 PM - 9 February, 2011
^^^^can of worms....OPEN!
DJ Tecniq 9:59 PM - 9 February, 2011
I disagree with this whole thread..He said the 2 dj's were playing straight electro before him okay...so he gets on the deck and does what?? plays the same fucking shit. DUDE that's WAY too much electro for one night you were the opening dj for khaled you should have atleast dropped hip hop first and before anything after those dj's. I bet he DID kill it cause all you dj's did the exact opposite. He prob dropped all i do is win and the crowd went fucking bonkers and prob made u all look stupid. You're not opening for Deadmau5 your opening for DJ KHALED! Therefore you failed. It seems like you dropped electro when u first got on and then went into hip hop that is ultimate fail. I fucking guarantee you if you would of dropped whistle while you twurk or some ying yang twins get low u woulda fucking won that crowd over instead you crashed n burn like all those deadmau5 wannabe's before you.
DJ Tecniq 10:16 PM - 9 February, 2011
It doesn't matter if the crowd isn't feeling it you do your best to get them into the hip hop or anything other than electro. Instead you did the exact same as other dj's did before you and became nothing but a follower. You never LEAD Khaled into the night or warmed the crowd up for him. You didn't do anything different..fuck man when u went on u shoulda cut that electro bullshit off and say yo this is supposed to be a hip hop show and drop the illest fucking hip hop track u know. U did not do your job correctly instead you did the same as other dj's before you. You were afraid to be different. If two dj's before me were playing electro i woulda done the exact opposite bro esp when im the opening dj for khaled. That crowd looked nothing but white but still they payed a ticket to see Khaled or else they were there for nothing.
DJ Alkemy 10:18 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
fuck man when u went on u shoulda cut that electro bullshit off and say yo this is supposed to be a hip hop show and drop the illest fucking hip hop track u know.

I totally get you but it was a Khaled show and dropping the illest Hip-Hop track would alienate the people at a show of his just as much as playing electro. Considering what he does is an embarresment to Hip-Hop.
DJ Tecniq 10:22 PM - 9 February, 2011
Yeah i know he reps the ghetto lol.but isn't even from the ghetto. like how rick ross raps about being hood & ghetto hard times when he used to be a corrections officer..that's a tool. these artist are far from hood it's like hollywood they claim they are hard and rap about hood shit but are nothing but a carlton from fresh prince. Fucking posers
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:24 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

fuck man when u went on u shoulda cut that electro bullshit off and say yo this is supposed to be a hip hop show and drop the illest fucking hip hop track u know.

I totally get you but it was a Khaled show and dropping the illest Hip-Hop track would alienate the people at a show of his just as much as playing electro. Considering what he does is an embarresment to Hip-Hop.

Alkemy we get the point you dont liek commercial ish were not talking about true skool back in the day hiphop were talking about rap that sells records get over it..PLEAASE!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:25 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Yeah i know he reps the ghetto lol.but isn't even from the ghetto. like how rick ross raps about being hood & ghetto hard times when he used to be a corrections officer..that's a tool. these artist are far from hood it's like hollywood they claim they are hard and rap about hood shit but are nothing but a carlton from fresh prince. Fucking posers

hes not talkin about the hood hes saying hes not "hiphop" ie he isnt walking around with a notebook and a backpack using 8 sylable words to poeticallty relate the struggles of societey
DJ Alkemy 10:27 PM - 9 February, 2011
Get off my nuts Bezzle..PLEAASE!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:29 PM - 9 February, 2011
Im just sayin we all got the point the 1st 60 times you chimed in with the "hes not hiphop" comments
DJ Alkemy 10:29 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Alkemy we get the point you dont liek commercial ish were not talking about true skool back in the day hiphop were talking about rap that sells records get over it..PLEAASE!!

Whos talking about true skool back in the day hip-hop?. Im talking about "the illest fucking hip-hop track you know", what Tecniq said. Now take your hard on for me out of the equation and stop interfering for the sake of it.
DJ Alkemy 10:31 PM - 9 February, 2011
Plenty of other people have chimed in with comments that were aimed at Khaled but you chose to comment on mine. Weird.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:34 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Whos talking about true skool back in the day hip-hop?. Im talking about "the illest fucking hip-hop track you know", what Tecniq said. Now take your hard on for me out of the equation and stop interfering for the sake of it.

the illest hiphop track out right now is roscoe dash and waka flaka flame no hands

Have fun with that, carry on
DJ Alkemy 10:37 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
the illest hiphop track out right now is roscoe dash and waka flaka flame no hands

Trust me, I had no fun whatsoever listening to that tripe. Garbage. Not even in Hip-Hop circles, just garbage in music format.
DJ Tecniq 10:40 PM - 9 February, 2011
yeh i def woulda started with that. that track is just a banger and has constantly worked at all venues i've played at. the ladies just love that one. i def woulda stopped whatever electro was playing and said "ladies i wanna see u do it with no hands" put them hands up....GIRL THE WAY U MOVIN..GOT ME IN A TRANCE...DJ TURN ME UP!! omfg...i woulda killed it eventhough i love electro i love my hip hop too..NEVER go to a gig without a mic yoo fuck that mc/hype guy I'd rather be my own mc/hype person. He obviously DID NOT do his job as a hype guy in that vid the crowd was absolutely still.
DJ Tecniq 10:47 PM - 9 February, 2011
That fucking crowd were all college kids so dropping some classic hip hop would have NOT worked. Any current top 40 bullshit would of worked. Fuck if hip hop don't work then u drop LMFAO Outta Your Mind! get those fucking ppl crunk..it wasn't a fucking rave they attended.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:49 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
That fucking crowd were all college kids so dropping some classic hip hop would have NOT worked. Any current top 40 bullshit would of worked. Fuck if hip hop don't work then u drop LMFAO Outta Your Mind! get those fucking ppl crunk..it wasn't a fucking rave they attended.

+1
DJ Alkemy 10:51 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

Yeah, true. Do what works. But if it was like Construc said and people were feeling the electro then maybe he took the easy route. Anyway, I gotta go and have a shower and wash that god damn wacka flacka track out of my memory.
DJ Tecniq 10:56 PM - 9 February, 2011
Believe me I hate Waka Flacka the only track i like is No Hands w/ Roscoe Dash feat. waka..here in florida it just goes off. I am a bass fiene and that track has soo much bottom end and it's a chick favorite..it's like an ultimate stripper song it just works here in any club i've been to. That's the only waka track i'll play featuring him.
DJ Alkemy 10:59 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Believe me I hate Waka Flacka the only track i like is No Hands w/ Roscoe Dash feat. waka..here in florida it just goes off. I am a bass fiene and that track has soo much bottom end and it's a chick favorite..it's like an ultimate stripper song it just works here in any club i've been to. That's the only waka track i'll play featuring him.

Im not sure if they are from Florida but you heard of Jabrjaw & DJ Dee Dubs?. I got a few of their releases. They got a new track out called Funk Keeps Banging, awesome.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:59 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

i play the hell outta wakka, he goes hard in the mutha fukin paint!!!
DJ Dac 11:05 PM - 9 February, 2011
I'm going to 100% blame the promoters for this one...
first annual Winter White Party on January 28th from 9PM-Midnight. The event will feature the best DJ's spinning Top 40 club music as the Mullins Center becomes the biggest super club in the area for one night. Headlining the show will be DJ Khaled, with hits like “I'm so hood” and “All I do is Win” Khaled is among the best DJ's in the hip-hop world.
www.mullinscenter.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:08 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

OH SNAP! That's the name of that Waka Flaka joint that check requested, but I had NO IDEA what it was, but had downloaded it anyway....

SMH...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:08 PM - 9 February, 2011
So, here's a loaded question....

Is ELECTRO EDM?
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:11 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

Is ELECTRO EDM?

yes
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:12 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
I'm going to 100% blame the promoters for this one...
first annual Winter White Party on January 28th from 9PM-Midnight. The event will feature the best DJ's spinning Top 40 club music as the Mullins Center becomes the biggest super club in the area for one night. Headlining the show will be DJ Khaled, with hits like “I'm so hood” and “All I do is Win” Khaled is among the best DJ's in the hip-hop world.
www.mullinscenter.com

....sooooo i dont see the problem here....it says top 40 music and they are playing electro house?
DJ Tecniq 11:13 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:

Is ELECTRO EDM?
yes electro is (Electronic Dance Music) but...with the way alot of top 40 dance is now I still consider it that cause u can play that shit and go into non commercial electro with ease and it works half the time in clubs that are open format.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:15 PM - 9 February, 2011
Wow... WTF Happened to this post..... I'm gone for a few days and BAM!!!!!!
DJ Dac 11:19 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
Wow... WTF Happened to this post..... I'm gone for a few days and BAM!!!!!!

more like gone for a few hours, i came back from lunch and there was 50 posts, anyways when i hear top 40 club music i think EDM remixes and everything in the 130 range.
ninos 11:32 PM - 9 February, 2011
* stops tracking *
mastermind 11:43 PM - 9 February, 2011
let me get back to the point.

1)uncle fester tells us that dj khaled sucks
2)he said he would post a vid of the performance
3) he post a vid of him playing electro songs
DJ Dac 11:44 PM - 9 February, 2011
Quote:
* stops tracking *

Quitter
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:05 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Is ELECTRO EDM?
yes electro is (Electronic Dance Music) but...with the way alot of top 40 dance is now I still consider it that cause u can play that shit and go into non commercial electro with ease and it works half the time in clubs that are open format.

So, is "Electro" a "corny" genre of EDM?

The reason I ask is because a LOT of y'all are dissin' "Electro", but I know there are a LOT of EDM heads here, so I'm wondering if there's a distinction between the 2, or are they dissing EDM as a whole for being the genre before Kalid?
DJ Tecniq 1:13 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Is ELECTRO EDM?

So, is "Electro" a "corny" genre of EDM?

The reason I ask is because a LOT of y'all are dissin' "Electro", but I know there are a LOT of EDM heads here, so I'm wondering if there's a distinction between the 2, or are they dissing EDM as a whole for being the genre before Kalid?
From these videos from dj uncle fester #2 it does seem like were feeling electro. This dude is atleast getting the crowd involved. LOL doesn't say shit about Khaled hahaha...maybe it was a promoter fail for him those ppl are clearly getting into electro. For the other video posted above it didn't look like it at all.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
got2b Ru 1:14 AM - 10 February, 2011
Technically Electro was early 80s EDM I.E.: Mann Parrish - Hip Hop Be Bop, Yaz - Situation(Move Out), EVERYTHING Kraftwerk all of which slowly morphed into what we now call "Freestyle". Things go in cycles and definitions DO change but that is what I remember
mastermind 1:14 AM - 10 February, 2011
1) electro is a has been genre of "Dance music"
2) we are dissing for it been played before a hip hop act
3)this whole discussion is really about how much of a fail and cheesy uncle fester video and fail of providing a fail video of actual dj khaled sucking
DJ Tecniq 1:16 AM - 10 February, 2011
This is the white party Khaled should of been at! LOL..he got booked for the real "white" party.

Watchwww.youtube.com
mastermind 1:16 AM - 10 February, 2011
so basically,

if your opening for a hip hop act don't play "cheesy dance music"
djchase 1:17 AM - 10 February, 2011
bueler? vid please

or can we just lock this thread and call it a day already khaled is probably watching and laughing (we da beesssst)
mastermind 1:19 AM - 10 February, 2011
lol...............(we da beesssst)
DJ CON-STRUC 1:21 AM - 10 February, 2011
I am done trying to explain myself to you guys. Where are all your vids of you rocking in an arena? So my video sucks, fine. AT LEAST I'M DOING SHIT THOUGH!!! WTF are y'all doing thats so great??
DJ Tecniq 1:22 AM - 10 February, 2011
This the real white party! They booked DJ BATMAN instead of Khaled though.. "DO da Batmayne...AYE AYE...do dat batmayne..AYE GURLLL..Do Da Batmayne...AYE AYE...Batman..Batman...POW POW POW..

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ CON-STRUC 1:23 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
lol...............(we da beesssst)

I'M CALLING YOU OUT PUNK!! LET'S BATTLE!! I'm not doing it to prove that I don't suck, I'm doing it because you said that I have "no talent" among many other things. I think its time for you to put you skills where your mouth is
DJ CON-STRUC 1:31 AM - 10 February, 2011
OKAY MASTERMIND HERE IS MY SET FOR ROUND 1

Watchwww.youtube.com

You have no excuse for not responding!! I recorded this on my phone, I had to bring all my shit in the basement cuz I'm not even at my crib right now. When can I expect your vid?
DJ Alkemy 1:37 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

You have no excuse for not responding!! I recorded this on my phone, I had to bring all my shit in the basement cuz I'm not even at my crib right now. When can I expect your vid?

Finally!. Someone doing a video and not talking BS. You gotta love the title. A hahahaha. Lets see if Mastermind comes back.
DJ Tecniq 1:37 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

ohhh shit...this is gettin good. he went hard. shoulda did that at the gig you woulda killed it man.
DJ CON-STRUC 1:39 AM - 10 February, 2011
COME ON MASTERMIND!! WHATS THE WORD?? DON'T WORRY, YOUR GONNA WIN... I HAVE "NO TALENT"
DJ Tecniq 1:43 AM - 10 February, 2011
hahahaha...i love this shit! plz keep this thread goin. this turned into khaled sucks to a dj battle thread. You just totally proved yourself to everyone who was dissin u bro!!
mastermind 1:44 AM - 10 February, 2011
1) good vid.
2)will love to put one up but i dont have a set up to make a vid on till this week end at the club, so if you will like to wait till then then im game
DJ Alkemy 1:46 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
1) good vid.
2)will love to put one up but i dont have a set up to make a vid on till this week end at the club, so if you will like to wait till then then im game

Whatever you do, dont play no electro Lol
mastermind 1:46 AM - 10 February, 2011
toooooo early to put your caps on bro
Dysquo 1:47 AM - 10 February, 2011
Damn dude, I tried to help you in the last forum. I even gave you good advice on what to play.
serato.com
You know you went in trying to outshine him. Your, decision.
But when you come on the forum after talk about the dude responsible/affiliated with the biggest hits in Hip-Hop = Fail.

You say he Sucks, but he has millions $$$. You have 3 residencys, and you live in a small area. I'm sure the competition there isn't that tough. (No offense to DJs there, but biggest city's have more DJs) How you would do in bigger markets like NYC, Miami, LA, or Vegas is a different story.

I always felt opening is harder then Headlining. You gotta get the crowd going, without hits. You were not the headliner, and you did not play your position as opener. Even if the crown wasn't feeling Hip-Hop, it's up to you as an opener to set the right tone, and setup the Headliner to look as good as possible. I've opened for a lot of people I know I am better then, but I always did the task properly.

This thread took a turn for the worst cause you got cocky and wanted to bash another DJ. You thought you had a good set, but to your peers, it was wack. This is exactly what the audience was thinking, when they payed for Khaled and got EDM. You might have played good songs, girls might have danced, but you didn't do your job as a DJ. Now you're trying to battle to redeem yorself (Doing what you should have did in the 1st place). Just Be humble... Admit you were wrong. You keep writing and your hole keeps getting bigger.

www.Dubset.com
DJ CON-STRUC 1:47 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
1) good vid.

do you have any videos or mixes online?
mastermind 1:50 AM - 10 February, 2011
nope.... wish i did but at the same time i want to make a vid that has something in it that has this discussion in it so you know it's not an old one or pre made
DJ Alkemy 1:51 AM - 10 February, 2011
One more time. Fuck Khaled and his whole All I Do Is Win bullshit music. Fuck him.
DJ CON-STRUC 1:53 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
One more time. Fuck Khaled and his whole All I Do Is Win bullshit music. Fuck him.

WORD!!
DJ CON-STRUC 1:55 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
nope.... wish i did but at the same time i want to make a vid that has something in it that has this discussion in it so you know it's not an old one or pre made

Good enough... but don't you think that you talk a little too much shit for someone that DOESN'T have any material to back it up? Just sayin....
mastermind 1:59 AM - 10 February, 2011
all good here
DCD 2:03 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

Looks like someone's mad that he's winning.
DJ Alkemy 2:08 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

He aint winning in my country buddy lol
Discobee 2:13 AM - 10 February, 2011
That was a great video, you shoulda did that at the gig. Even the hardest EDM head would've got down with that.
DCD 2:16 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

You say that now. I think you forgot that HE GLOBAL and that HES TAKING OVER.
DJ Alkemy 2:16 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You say that now. I think you forgot that HE GLOBAL and that HES TAKING OVER.

LOL
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:17 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Technically Electro was early 80s EDM I.E.: Mann Parrish - Hip Hop Be Bop, Yaz - Situation(Move Out), EVERYTHING Kraftwerk all of which slowly morphed into what we now call "Freestyle". Things go in cycles and definitions DO change but that is what I remember

You sure? Cuz if that's the case, I was rockin ELECTRO like a MUG...

Mann Parrish? That STILL gets play...

I need to Burn Yaz, and Numberz is that SHIZNIT.

Freestyle in MY opinion started with that Shannon, Al-Naafiysh (The Soul), then took a hard left with Nitro Deluxe, basically anything on the "Cutting" label, Expose, Liz Torrez, etc..etc...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:19 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
I am done trying to explain myself to you guys. Where are all your vids of you rocking in an arena? So my video sucks, fine. AT LEAST I'M DOING SHIT THOUGH!!! WTF are y'all doing thats so great??

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:20 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

Then again...

www.djjohnnym.com
DJ Alkemy 2:21 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

I grabbed the popcorn as soon as this thread turned into a battle!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:23 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

Finally!. Someone doing a video and not talking BS. You gotta love the title. A hahahaha. Lets see if Mastermind comes back.

Hiold up, I may have to recant my last post....

www.djjohnnym.com

Props for pokin' ya bird chest out and challenging the entire board!
DCD 2:25 AM - 10 February, 2011
I think the best battle would be to ONLY use DJ Khaled samples and tracks. Scratch a sample of him yelling "WE THE BEST" over the instrumental of All I Do Is Win. Bonus points will be awarded if you use that video clip of him DJing while shirtless and scratch to that.
BERTO 2:26 AM - 10 February, 2011
Tracked i also want to see masterminds response
mastermind 2:28 AM - 10 February, 2011
i think when i post mine i will start a new discussion so people can easily find it
BERTO 2:28 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
i think when i post mine i will start a new discussion so people can easily find it

When?
mastermind 2:30 AM - 10 February, 2011
i have my set up at the club, so this weekend
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:31 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
1) good vid.

www.djjohnnym.com
mastermind 2:32 AM - 10 February, 2011
im good homie
Dysquo 2:33 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

Lol... You def don't want beef with the whole board!

Quote:

Damn, this is like waiting for a Jersey Shore episode!
DJ Alkemy 2:33 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

So we are hardly gonna see any forthright battle material then, unless you do it before the club opens. Otherwise it would be hard to go against a full out battle set like con-strucs when you are doing club type music.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:34 AM - 10 February, 2011
Man, DJ CON-STRUC is THE MAN right now...

P
R
O
P
S
!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:34 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
im good homie

I know, but you know I have to edge it on a little... :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:35 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Lol... You def don't want beef with the whole board!

Man look, there's a LOT MORE TALKERS, than doers on this board...

Werdd up..

I can't WAIT to get my stuff set back up...
mastermind 2:36 AM - 10 February, 2011
fo sho.... i will hit he club early to make a vid.... stay tuned boyz
DCD 2:37 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

When?

Maybe if you LIIISTEENNEDDD you would have heard he would do it over the weekend.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:38 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
fo sho.... i will hit he club early to make a vid.... stay tuned boyz

Werd up, and we don't wanna see no cats in ya vid doin' this....

www.djjohnnym.com

Werd up...
mastermind 2:41 AM - 10 February, 2011
vid will have no homos
ancientyouth 2:44 AM - 10 February, 2011
I have a time machine and you guys can go back to night of the khaled show and battle to open up the show....would be much better....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:51 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
vid will have no homos

He's not homo, just dancin' to Electro...
mastermind 2:52 AM - 10 February, 2011
lol
RogerRabbit 2:56 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
vid will have no homos

You sound kinda defeated already man - what's good :)
You were talking hardcore for a minute - then home boy posted a vid - then you became all nice and stuff... Come on son - fighting words till the end...
DJ CON-STRUC 2:58 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

vid will have no homos

You were talking hardcore for a minute - then home boy posted a vid - then you became all nice and stuff... Come on son - fighting words till the end...

He is not defeated... Don't forget, I have "no talent"
DJ Alkemy 2:59 AM - 10 February, 2011
he was well up for calling out "Uncle Fester" but when he seen the video....Watchwww.youtube.com
RogerRabbit 3:05 AM - 10 February, 2011
I like the title of the vid " Uncle fester's Revenge" - great title for a mixtape too..
mastermind 3:09 AM - 10 February, 2011
sounds good.... to more talking till i post "uncle fester demise"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:09 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
he was well up for calling out "Uncle Fester" but when he seen the video....Watchwww.youtube.com javascript:void(0);

I ain't gonna front...

He ripped it on a phone vid.
RogerRabbit 3:10 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

vid will have no homos

Remember, there is always someone who is better :) mastermind just may wax your ass.. Even though he isn't sounding too confident right now..
mastermind 3:10 AM - 10 February, 2011
all nice and stuff is code word for just wait and see
mastermind 3:10 AM - 10 February, 2011
his vid is very nice.... but just hold on ...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:16 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
his vid is very nice.... but just hold on ...

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:17 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

vid will have no homos

Remember, there is always someone who is better :) mastermind just may wax your ass.. Even though he isn't sounding too confident right now..

actually he's ---->>> www.djjohnnym.com

BUT, it ain't ova till the FAT lady sangs!
BERTO 3:25 AM - 10 February, 2011
Mastermind is searching youtune for a routine to use as his as we speak right now lol
BERTO 3:25 AM - 10 February, 2011
Youtube*
DJ CON-STRUC 3:28 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

vid will have no homos

If he is better than me than I will except it and take it like man. The whole point of me calling him out is because he was talking mad shit and I hate dudes that just talk. Lets take it to the turntables!! Ya dig? If he is nicer than me than I will except the disses and acknowledge my loss. but I will be DAMNED if some dude is dissing me and can't even see me on the decks.
DJ CON-STRUC 3:31 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Mastermind is searching youtune for a routine to use as his as we speak right now lol

HAHA probably. He probably used his "my shits at the club" excuse to buy him some time. Who the hell leaves their shit at the club all week?
AKIEM 3:31 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

100 points for even posting a vid to begin with
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:34 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
but I will be DAMNED if some dude is dissing me and can't even see me on the decks.

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

PREACH THAT *ISH!

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:36 AM - 10 February, 2011
This thread did one of these ---->>www.ussignsandsafety.com
RogerRabbit 3:37 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

If he is better than me than I will except it and take it like man. The whole point of me calling him out is because he was talking mad shit and I hate dudes that just talk. Lets take it to the turntables!! Ya dig? If he is nicer than me than I will except the disses and acknowledge my loss. but I will be DAMNED if some dude is dissing me and can't even see me on the decks.

*applauds*
uncle-modafuggin-fester.. In the house :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:39 AM - 10 February, 2011
That dude gonna scratch with a light bulb in his mouth JUST to shut muhfuggas up...

www.google.com
DJ CON-STRUC 3:41 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

but I will be DAMNED if some dude is dissing me and can't even see me on the decks.

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL.

PREACH THAT *ISH!

www.djjohnnym.com

Haha .... ORGAN PLEASE!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:43 AM - 10 February, 2011
Fall back man, let us do the cheering...

You just cut it up...
DJ CON-STRUC 3:47 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

You just cut it up...

I got you... already working on round 2.
RogerRabbit 4:00 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You just cut it up...

Haha - do like Johnny said with the lightbulb in the mouth bit(NH) :) or Use the adams family theme music somewhere in the set..
DJ CON-STRUC 4:02 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

You just cut it up...

Haha - do like Johnny said with the lightbulb in the mouth bit(NH) :) or Use the adams family theme music somewhere in the set..

Damnit... you fucking ruined it!! haha one love
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:04 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You just cut it up...

OK, I'm confused...

I saw your PREVIOUS vid --->>Watchwww.youtube.com

And I would have given you a 7.5 in my own personal realm of things...

However, in the vid you JUST POSTED either you were TOTALLY AMPED UP, and came to wreck *ish, cuz you were putting together some NASTY CRABS, backspins, juggles, and all around DMC HEAT....

WHERE THE F*ck was all that in the 1st vid?

Lemmie find out you're a Pool (DJ) Shark...

Your last vid is a 10....straight up.
DJ CON-STRUC 4:10 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

You just cut it up...

OK, I'm confused...

However, in the vid you JUST POSTED either you were TOTALLY AMPED UP, and came to wreck *ish, cuz you were putting together some NASTY CRABS, backspins, juggles, and all around DMC HEAT....

The other vid was just me fucking around, It was my boy's set up and he has stanton tt's and a shitty mixer that bleeds so I was just playing cub joints, nothing special. If anything it just goes to show that I can rock different styles. I should really start posting vids more often though.
DJ CON-STRUC 4:12 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You just cut it up...

OK, I'm confused...

The other vid was just me fucking around, It was my boy's set up and he has stanton tt's and a shitty mixer that bleeds so I was just playing cub joints, nothing special. If anything it just goes to show that I can rock different styles. I should really start posting vids more often though.

oh... scratch that last comment. I thought you were talking about this video.
Watchwww.youtube.com

Damn, if you gave that one 7.5 than this one will probably be a -5 lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:15 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com javascript:void(0);

www.djjohnnym.com

Here you go with that ELECTRO again.... >:-<
DJ CON-STRUC 4:20 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

www.djjohnnym.com

Here you go with that ELECTRO again.... >:-<

I won't lie... I like playing that shit. I like playing everything except reggaeton. lol
Doctorjon 4:20 AM - 10 February, 2011
**Tracking**
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:22 AM - 10 February, 2011
But you STILL KILT IT...

And I'm on it because you

1. Put the vid up with NO FEAR - No questions, no password protected files, just BOOM.
2. Demonstrated not only that you can do that cut over a beat thing, but
3. That you can rock back and forth across TT's
4. You can beat juggle/break it down
5. You can backspin down to the 1.
6. There was a FUNKYNESS in some of the cuts you did.

Right now, ALL YOU DID WAS WIN.

This could be the thread of the year.

F*ckin' props.

Now mastermind, I haven't lost hope, but THIS is how you throw down...
mastermind 4:41 AM - 10 February, 2011
all good over here her in Texas..... he did a 2 turntable routine right. sounds good.
DJ CON-STRUC 4:41 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
But you STILL KILT IT...

And I'm on it because you

1. Put the vid up with NO FEAR - No questions, no password protected files, just BOOM.
2. Demonstrated not only that you can do that cut over a beat thing, but
3. That you can rock back and forth across TT's
4. You can beat juggle/break it down
5. You can backspin down to the 1.
6. There was a FUNKYNESS in some of the cuts you did.

Right now, ALL YOU DID WAS WIN.

This could be the thread of the year.

F*ckin' props.

Now mastermind, I haven't lost hope, but THIS is how you throw down...

Thanks man, I really appreciate the props!
mastermind 4:43 AM - 10 February, 2011
we about to take this to the house...... the magic number is 3 son
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:45 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

Ok, ok...

www.djjohnnym.com
DJ CON-STRUC 4:48 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

I'm down, the wait is on you man
mastermind 4:53 AM - 10 February, 2011
im going to use this time wisely ;)
theCraneStand 4:58 AM - 10 February, 2011
Lets make this interesting. Winner of this bout gets a free Crane Stand. You guys decide the winner. Voting ends with the end of this month. May the best DJ win!
Doctorjon 5:01 AM - 10 February, 2011
Wow i want a free cranestand lol
DJ CON-STRUC 5:02 AM - 10 February, 2011
i'm down!
theCraneStand 5:07 AM - 10 February, 2011
I think that in the true fashion of a DJ Battle, there should be a few rounds.
Dysquo 5:10 AM - 10 February, 2011
Ha ha... Another Twist. Love it!
DJ CON-STRUC 5:13 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:

What if mastermind fails to upload a vid lol
theCraneStand 5:22 AM - 10 February, 2011
Then he has to buy you a Crane. lol
mastermind 5:31 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

ha..... im not backing out of this one boys. toooo good to pass up
DCD 5:32 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Lets make this interesting. Winner of this bout gets a free Crane Stand. You guys decide the winner. Voting ends with the end of this month. May the best DJ win!

my face when i read this
i.imgur.com
DCD 5:32 AM - 10 February, 2011
bring it on johnnym
mastermind 5:36 AM - 10 February, 2011
if we do a couple of rounds i will make sure to bring my tables with me after this weekend so i will have them at home for future rounds.... might need some help carrying more than 2 tables......
theCraneStand 5:45 AM - 10 February, 2011
Mastermind after he saw Construc's video:

www.southparkstudios.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:52 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
bring it on johnnym

www.djjohnnym.com
Doctorjon 5:53 AM - 10 February, 2011
Lol you must have a million pictures for the right moment.
DCD 5:58 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

bring it on johnnym

www.djjohnnym.com

i.imgur.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:05 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

bring it on johnnym

www.djjohnnym.com

i.imgur.com

www.djjohnnym.com
DCD 7:00 AM - 10 February, 2011
my face when i wasnt sure what that had to do with anything

i.imgur.com
mastermind 7:03 AM - 10 February, 2011
working on some things

www.google.com
DJBIGWIZ 7:04 AM - 10 February, 2011
Con-Struc... I think you are going to really like the Crane stand!
mastermind 7:07 AM - 10 February, 2011
thax for the love wiz
DJBIGWIZ 7:16 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
thax for the love wiz

hahaha... consider it motivation.

;)
RogerRabbit 7:19 AM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
thax for the love wiz

Damm man - you sound depressed :)
DJBIGWIZ 7:21 AM - 10 February, 2011
I just want to see a battle!

"Let's get it on, C'MON!"
-Mills Lane
mastermind 7:23 AM - 10 February, 2011
im game homie... i just don't have my rig. i was not planing on battling... i need to get my shit together for this week end.
mastermind 7:24 AM - 10 February, 2011
it's on like donkey kong !!
DJ Pullout 1:44 PM - 10 February, 2011
All I have to say is....

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HE DOES IS WIN WIN WIN NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!

HE GOT GIFS ON HIS MIND HE CANT NEVER GIVE IT UP!!!!!

lol.

All your gif posts make me laugh. Theyre great.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:40 PM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

HAHA probably. He probably used his "my shits at the club" excuse to buy him some time. Who the hell leaves their shit at the club all week?

i do, thats alot of shit to move in and out all the time for no reason
DCD 3:10 PM - 10 February, 2011
Quote:
All I have to say is....

DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HE DOES IS WIN WIN WIN NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!

HE GOT GIFS ON HIS MIND HE CANT NEVER GIVE IT UP!!!!!

lol.

All your gif posts make me laugh. Theyre great.

i.imgur.com
DJ Pullout 3:16 PM - 10 February, 2011
lol
Diskjockeyvictor 7:17 PM - 10 February, 2011
he's always sucked
DJ GOOK 10:28 PM - 10 February, 2011
I bet mastermind will not post a vid. I see alot of battles that dont happen on this forum. Mastermind is selling wolf tickets like jerry jones
snob dee-jays 11:09 PM - 10 February, 2011
the hater got hated on in this thread.
mastermind 12:16 AM - 11 February, 2011
still here .... not backing out
DJ CON-STRUC 12:19 AM - 11 February, 2011
will you have the video up 2moro or Saturday?
mastermind 12:31 AM - 11 February, 2011
sat at about 9pm my time (central)
Papa Midnight 1:39 AM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:

Y'all don't know how to improvise...

If you have headphones, then you have a mic.

BWAHAHAAHA! +1. Been there, done that.

As for on topic, I think all points laid out (with regards to the present topic) by AKIEM have hit the nail directly at the center on the head. But honestly, looking at the crowd in the videos shown, I'm not entirely sure they knew what to expect coming in, and it looks like they were enjoying themselves.

Now trending towards the left turn this topic took...
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Sorry to steal from from GIF-Master J here but....
www.djjohnnym.com
djmel 6:41 AM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:
HE'S THE BEST!!
Watchwww.youtube.com

he wan work with micheal jackson.....??? really.......hes dead so how he gon do this???
DCD 6:46 AM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

HE'S THE BEST!!
Watchwww.youtube.com

he wan work with micheal jackson.....??? really.......hes dead so how he gon do this???

Look at that date it was posted.
djmel 6:50 AM - 11 February, 2011
i didnt check that.....but still khlead and mj.....????? idk
DJ Tecniq 6:52 AM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

HE'S THE BEST!!
Watchwww.youtube.com

Look at that date it was posted.
if mj was alive he'd never work with khaled anyway. i would hope mj have more taste than that...end of story...MJ'S DA BEST!!!!!!
djmel 6:59 AM - 11 February, 2011
i co sign +1 on that with no ?s asked
djatrain@hotmail.com 11:25 AM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Damn, this shit is Hot. Niccccccccccccccccce
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:32 PM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

HE'S THE BEST!!

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:34 PM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:
if mj was alive he'd never work with khaled anyway. i would hope mj have more taste than that...end of story...MJ'S DA BEST!!!!!!

DJ Pullout 1:38 PM - 11 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Damn, this shit is Hot. Niccccccccccccccccce

oh man..... gonna be hard to top atrain. What do you got mastermind?

ARE YOU THE BEST??????????????????? lol
SELECT 2:09 PM - 11 February, 2011
Take it easy guys.. Mastermind is preparing his we da best Electro club set..
DJ Pullout 2:15 PM - 11 February, 2011
lol
mastermind 3:03 PM - 11 February, 2011
Lol
BERTO 4:05 AM - 13 February, 2011
11pm in new york wheres masterminds set vid?
DJ CON-STRUC 5:09 AM - 13 February, 2011
Checking in from the club...
Thats what I thought
Where is my cranestand
lol
DJ CON-STRUC 6:58 AM - 13 February, 2011
Mastermind... lol what a bitch!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:08 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Mastermind... lol what a bitch!

Don't get too cocky....

Ha, this is GREAT!
BERTO 2:10 PM - 13 February, 2011
Its sunday now officially mastrmind lost.now e question is.....is he going to buy construct his crane stand????? Or is he going to say he is and thn dont ???
DJ GOOK 3:14 PM - 13 February, 2011
I told you all there will be no battle.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:17 PM - 13 February, 2011
Man, give the dude a chance...

Personally, I'd give him an extra week...

The vid CON-STRUC put up is SERIOUS, so mastermind HAS to bring an "A-Game".

You can even tell the sheer PASSION that dude put in because of how the camera phone shakes!

That's what I'm talkin' about!

"OH? YOU WANNA TALK SMACK? LET'S TAKE IT TO THE TABLES!!!"

Epic.
howcome 3:49 PM - 13 February, 2011
I thought the battle might be a little unfair. Not every DJ is a battle DJ and to end up battling Con-Struct, who is a very good battle DJ, was a bit much for most DJ's. And lets be honest this forum respects scratching and juggling more than straight mixing. Mastermind might be a house DJ and no one wants to watch an hour long Tribal House set. Although, Mastermind brought this upon himself.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:59 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Although, Mastermind brought this upon himself.

THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE KEY! Nowadayz, you NEVER know who can WAX DAT AZZ on the 1's and 2's, so you shouldn't talk that slick *ish if you can't back it up.

I used to get away with that myself, because I didn't look like a DJ, the glasses helped....

But lo, and behold, when it came to the cut, cats got shut down quick fast.

This is CLASSIC BATTLE STORM, all the elements, sh*t talkin' between DJ's, a cat layin' down a "Vid" and puttin' it out there...

That's the TRUE Essence of HipHop.
DJ CON-STRUC 4:03 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
I thought the battle might be a little unfair. Not every DJ is a battle DJ and to end up battling Con-Struct, who is a very good battle DJ, was a bit much for most DJ's. And lets be honest this forum respects scratching and juggling more than straight mixing. Mastermind might be a house DJ and no one wants to watch an hour long Tribal House set. Although, Mastermind brought this upon himself.

Truth be told, I have never even been on a battle. 90% of the gigs I do are top 40. If mastermind wants to have a mixing contest... I will do that too. Either way, he ain't got nothing for me.
DJ CON-STRUC 4:07 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:

You can even tell the sheer PASSION that dude put in because of how the camera phone shakes!

Epic.

True that, but if he wasn't able to record yet I would think that he would say something. This dude is fucking ghost so far though and honestly I'm disappointed, I wanted my crane stand!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:13 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Epic.

True that, but if he wasn't able to record yet I would think that he would say something. This dude is fucking ghost so far though and honestly I'm disappointed, I wanted my crane stand!

Fall back man, a HUMBLE but VISCIOUS DJ go a long way...

Anything could have happened...
Dj Shamann 4:15 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
I used to get away with that myself, because I didn't look like a DJ, the glasses and the cane and the seniors bus pass helped....

Indeed.

;p

As for the battle..

It's the weekend and we're Dj's (well some of us ;p) shit happens, wait to see what dude says before hanging him.

Dope video Con-struc as always, I agree with Johnny, there was some real fire in that. Sometimes you see dudes get way more technical than that but it ends up being robotic and dull.
DJ CON-STRUC 4:21 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I used to get away with that myself, because I didn't look like a DJ, the glasses and the cane and the seniors bus pass helped....

Indeed.

;p

As for the battle..

It's the weekend and we're Dj's (well some of us ;p) shit happens, wait to see what dude says before hanging him.

Dope video Con-struc as always, I agree with Johnny, there was some real fire in that. Sometimes you see dudes get way more technical than that but it ends up being robotic and dull.

Thanks Shamann! I certainly strive to be more funky than technical.

I do understand its the weekend, but like i said before, he should of just said something if he needed more time. Plus he is the one who said that he would have it up on Saturday. FFS, if he needs a week to record for every round than this battle is gonna take forever!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:06 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
he should of just said something if he needed more time.

WHY ARE YOU SWEATING HIM? You already PUT UP FIRE, now STFU! :-D

Hell, I know I wouldn't PERSONALLY log in here JUST to give y'all thirsty cats updates...

FALL BACK...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:06 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Indeed.

;p

That was good...

Hats off...
DJ CON-STRUC 5:33 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Hell, I know I wouldn't PERSONALLY log in here JUST to give y'all thirsty cats updates...

FALL BACK...

Don't make me battle you too!!

HAHA jk. But come on man, this dude was a FUCKING DICK to me. If my video sucks, you have the right to say so but he took it WAY to far. I see this guy trash talking all the time and it's FUCKING BULLSHIT. He has no mixes, no videos, no myspace, facebook or twitter... WHO THE FUCK IS HE TO TALK SO MUCH SHIT???!!! I wanna see what he's got for me. I didn't just do this for me though, this is for everyone that this guy annoys. Maybe he will wax my ass, but I have a feeling that I shut this bitch down. SIGH... ok I'm done. lol
BERTO 5:55 PM - 13 February, 2011
Mastermind's shook, for real though he even set a time.....
Doctorjon 6:44 PM - 13 February, 2011
Con-struc its okay like johnny said be humble. You know your good..don't let the shit talking get to you. You can always tell the good ones from the bad ones. Milli vanilli. In all honesty he pulled back after you posted your video. He stopped the shit talking. So of course who was the winner all along?
DJ CON-STRUC 6:55 PM - 13 February, 2011
Your right man, I'm sorry for getting worked up.
Doctorjon 7:03 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:

That's the spirit. If you even look up there mastermind even gave you props

1) good vid
DJ CON-STRUC 7:07 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

1) good vid

I know, but it was hard to even appri appreciated it after he said all that other nasty shit to me before that.
Doctorjon 7:13 PM - 13 February, 2011
Well you gotta look at this way..you were talking a whole lot-ta smack about dj khaled. Sure he may suck and sure its the truth, but you weren't very humble about it and just wanted to make him look so bad. For all you know maybe khaled can get down on the tables..so you gotta keep a open mind because you may never see that considering he is a celeb now. Do onto others as you would want for yourself. Of course you didn't deserve that shit talking, but did khaled deserve it?
Doctorjon 7:14 PM - 13 February, 2011
Some people tend to judge a cover by its book. That's just the case that happened here.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:19 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

FALL BACK...

Don't make me battle you too!!

MAN LISTEN!

YOU DON'T WANT NONE OF ME....

next year...

Quote:
HAHA jk. But come on man, this dude was a FUCKING DICK to me. If my video sucks, you have the right to say so but he took it WAY to far. I see this guy trash talking all the time and it's FUCKING BULLSHIT. He has no mixes, no videos, no myspace, facebook or twitter... WHO THE FUCK IS HE TO TALK SO MUCH SHIT???!!! I wanna see what he's got for me. I didn't just do this for me though, this is for everyone that this guy annoys. Maybe he will wax my ass, but I have a feeling that I shut this bitch down. SIGH... ok I'm done. lol

YO, I am NOT mad at you. I see it happen ALL the time on the forum.

***falling back***

RESPECT.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:20 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:

NAH! FUNK DAT!

Get 'em!!!!

Ha, you got me amped now.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:20 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Well you gotta look at this way..you were talking a whole lot-ta smack about dj khaled. Sure he may suck and sure its the truth, but you weren't very humble about it and just wanted to make him look so bad. For all you know maybe khaled can get down on the tables..so you gotta keep a open mind because you may never see that considering he is a celeb now. Do onto others as you would want for yourself. Of course you didn't deserve that shit talking, but did khaled deserve it?

I can't STAND it when people come in here with the voice of reason...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:21 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

1) good vid

I know, but it was hard to even appri appreciated it after he said all that other nasty shit to me before that.

Nah, man...

That vid is what it's ALL about...

Ha, you're like me in my younger days!
Doctorjon 7:24 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I can't STAND it when people come in here with the voice of reason...

LOL i know that's my Left side angel talking. I'm with you johnny. Get that foo
DJ CON-STRUC 7:29 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:

Its not like me to talk shit like that. I usually am very humble, but Khaled was seriously a joke that night, the reason why I am so pissed about that is because I feel that he is making a joke out of what us dj's do. I don't judge the book by the cover, I don't judge somebody until I see them doing their thing. If Khaled could get down on the tables then he wouldn't have been as bad as he was.The shit that I was doing in the vid I posted for the battle is not shit that I do at shows because people people just wanna dance as most of my gigs, but at least I mix clean.... he couldn't even slam mix. I was looking forward to seeing Khaled though because I like his joints. Maybe I was wrong to say what I said and in that case I apologize... thread fail! lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:30 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:

LOL i know that's my Left side angel talking. I'm with you johnny. Get that foo

We are >>>HERE!!!<<<

But seriously, this can easily get derailed because of BS, so let's wait for dude to post up...

AND THEN WE CAN TALK SMACK!!! :-D
Doctorjon 7:37 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Its not like me to talk shit like that. I usually am very humble, but Khaled was seriously a joke that night, the reason why I am so pissed about that is because I feel that he is making a joke out of what us dj's do. I don't judge the book by the cover, I don't judge somebody until I see them doing their thing. If Khaled could get down on the tables then he wouldn't have been as bad as he was.The shit that I was doing in the vid I posted for the battle is not shit that I do at shows because people people just wanna dance as most of my gigs, but at least I mix clean.... he couldn't even slam mix. I was looking forward to seeing Khaled though because I like his joints. Maybe I was wrong to say what I said and in that case I apologize... thread fail! lol

Nah don't apologize. That's just how you feel and its respectable. If khaled sucks he sucks...if mastermind doesn't post a video don't worry. Its ON TO THE NEXT ONE.
DJ CON-STRUC 7:46 PM - 13 February, 2011
Mastermind, where you at?! lol
Doctorjon 7:56 PM - 13 February, 2011
I think that's what everyone is waiting for. When is this guy gonna show!
DJ CON-STRUC 8:26 PM - 13 February, 2011
Should I still record round 2?
Doctorjon 8:30 PM - 13 February, 2011
Hell yeah bring it full force. I enjoy all your videos. You give me inspiration. I can definitely say your one of the few djs i look up too. You got a lot of different style and I'm sure you can rock multi-format sets.
got2b Ru 8:31 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:

are you sure your set is up to it? your other thread suggests you put a beatin on them turntables! lol
DJ_Phenom 8:46 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

FALL BACK...

You also have to consider you posted the first vid and that was on your own sched and deadline with no one expecting it, then after that he is all of the sudden under the gun? If he posts a video whenever and a battle happens, dope. If he doesn't or if it takes longer than you want thats a little unfair as you now have no deadline/pressure since you initiated it.
DJBIGWIZ 8:50 PM - 13 February, 2011
c'mon... it's still the weekend.
if nothings up by Monday night.... talk smack then
and Johnny can get his Don King on.
;)
DJ_Phenom 8:53 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
;)

Whats funny is i can picture him as don king in my mind
DJ CON-STRUC 9:22 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

FALL BACK...

You also have to consider you posted the first vid and that was on your own sched and deadline with no one expecting it, then after that he is all of the sudden under the gun? If he posts a video whenever and a battle happens, dope. If he doesn't or if it takes longer than you want thats a little unfair as you now have no deadline/pressure since you initiated it.

Right, When I posted the video I asked him when he would have his up. He is the one that gave himself the deadline. Also, I wasn't expecting it either... he dissed me and I had the up the next day. It shouldn't be a problem for him anyway.... I have "no talent" lol

Is this DJ Phenom from Mickidz show? or hot 93.7?
DJ CON-STRUC 9:23 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Hell yeah bring it full force. I enjoy all your videos. You give me inspiration. I can definitely say your one of the few djs i look up too. You got a lot of different style and I'm sure you can rock multi-format sets.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that!
DJ CON-STRUC 9:26 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

are you sure your set is up to it? your other thread suggests you put a beatin on them turntables! lol

HAHA, I figured that out. Worse comes to worse, I have another pair in NY
DJ_Phenom 11:25 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

FALL BACK...

Right, When I posted the video I asked him when he would have his up. He is the one that gave himself the deadline. Also, I wasn't expecting it either... he dissed me and I had the up the next day. It shouldn't be a problem for him anyway.... I have "no talent" lol

Is this DJ Phenom from Mickidz show? or hot 93.7?

nah, just an online handle. I go by Dick Nickson
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:29 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:

This dude is going for TOTAL Annihilation - COMPLETE OBLITERATION.

I am NOT mad at that.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:30 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
;)

YOU SMELL ME RIGHT?

This is Epic.
sacrilicious 11:34 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

;)

+1
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:35 PM - 13 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

;)

www.djjohnnym.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:35 PM - 13 February, 2011
Only in America.
CMOS 1:08 AM - 14 February, 2011
Tick.
CMOS 1:08 AM - 14 February, 2011
Tick..
CMOS 1:09 AM - 14 February, 2011
Tick...
DJ Alkemy 3:34 AM - 14 February, 2011
Either mastermind has bitched out or he is gonna come in here with a great vid and kill Con-Struc. I vote for the first one though. He dont strike me as a battle DJ one bit, I might be wrong though. And you gotta love Johnnym taling all tough like he could battle. Get the hell out of here lol. Them Chic "good times" routines might have been great in the 70's but we are now in a new era. Go get ya busspass old man!!
DJBIGWIZ 4:46 AM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Only in America.

hahaha
John King Promotions!
djmel 5:28 AM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
;)

touch me and ill sue ( u ready for the tommy machine gun rocky !! )
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 8:00 AM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Either mastermind has bitched out or he is gonna come in here with a great vid and kill Con-Struc. I vote for the first one though. He dont strike me as a battle DJ one bit, I might be wrong though. And you gotta love Johnnym taling all tough like he could battle. Get the hell out of here lol. Them Chic "good times" routines might have been great in the 70's but we are now in a new era. Go get ya busspass old man!!

I KNOW YOU don't want a piece.....
DJ GOOK 1:04 PM - 14 February, 2011
oh ish can we get 2 battles in one thread
DJ Alkemy 1:21 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

haha...battle number 2!!
DJ Pullout 1:32 PM - 14 February, 2011
wow..... I didnt check this thread all weekend.... come back and mastermind pulled a no show?

Thats not right.
DJ Alkemy 1:35 PM - 14 February, 2011
I guess Construc takes it then. Shame, I wanted to see what mastermind would come back with.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:09 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

haha...battle number 2!!

Well, here are the rules.

1. Vinyl only - No Serato
2. You can only use a mixer built before 1985
3. No skipless records
4. You have to use both TT's on the left hand side of the mixer
5. Your DJ Name has to consist of your real name, or else you're automatically disqualified.
6. You have to have submitted a "You DJ So Bad Joke" and have it be FUNNY.
7. Battle occurs in Eastern Time Zone only, if you need to travel, it's on you.
8. GIFS are strongly encouraged.
9. You have to use a battle record that consists of a 70's Disco Band.
10. The vid has to be a minimun of 3 hours long.

Ok, LET'S GO!
SELECT 2:10 PM - 14 February, 2011
HAHAHA
Dj Shamann 2:11 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:

5. Your DJ Name has to consist of your real name, or else you're automatically disqualified.

Quote:

LOL
Dj Shamann 2:11 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:

LOL
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:30 PM - 14 February, 2011
i guess theres just one more question to ask......whats masterminds new username gonna be on here cause i dout hell be logging in with that one anymore
DJ Pullout 2:38 PM - 14 February, 2011
^true
DJ Alkemy 2:45 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Well, here are the rules.

1. Vinyl only - No Serato
3. No skipless records
6. You have to have submitted a "You DJ So Bad Joke" and have it be FUNNY.
7. Battle occurs in Eastern Time Zone only, if you need to travel, it's on you.
9. You have to use a battle record that consists of a 70's Disco Band.
10. The vid has to be a minimun of 3 hours long.

Ok, LET'S GO!

Haha, love it.

Just for the record.
1: No problem.
2: You got me
3: No problem
4: Crazy B does taht I think
5: Ill change it by deed poll
6: On my "to do list"
7: Frequent flyer miles may have to be used
8: Now I know you are the master of that, no contest lol
9: Im good on that point
10: Dayuuum.

Anyway, back to the construc-mastermind battle, I think mastermind might suprise us all and come with some fire...hoping.
BERTO 2:47 PM - 14 February, 2011
Just saying even if he does post its too late
DJ Pullout 2:53 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Just saying even if he does post its too late

Yup. We even gave him extra days. Still nothing. Hes not showing up. He has lost. So now is he suppose to buy a crane stand or just give the winner his own?
BERTO 3:01 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Then he has to buy you a Crane. lol

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

ha..... im not backing out of this one boys. toooo good to pass up
RogerRabbit 3:02 PM - 14 February, 2011
If he doesn't post - no big deal... you know how many people on this forum have recanted on their promise to post a battle vid :)
BERTO 3:03 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
sat at about 9pm my time (central)

Monday now.... I cant wait to hear his excuse , just like when you have a street race the typical "i missed 3rd gear" excuse
BERTO 3:04 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
If he doesn't post - no big deal... you know how many people on this forum have recanted on their promise to post a battle vid :)

Well he has to buy construct a crane stand which im sure he wont.....
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:05 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:

MelonHead 3:33 PM - 14 February, 2011
googled and bing'ed it... i don''t even see one online video of Khaled actually spinning at a show... seems suspect to me.. idk
SELECT 3:37 PM - 14 February, 2011
So disappointed... Mastermind next time- Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Pullout 3:37 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:

Wait.... is he not gonna post it in here????
mkdva 5:27 PM - 14 February, 2011
First DJ Khaled sucked, then CON-STRUC sucked with first video and now mastermind sucks. What a drama and excitement!
DJ Pullout 5:37 PM - 14 February, 2011
OH NO YOU DIDNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mkdva 5:55 PM - 14 February, 2011
Cool down, I'm not mastermind, hahaha
DJ Pullout 5:57 PM - 14 February, 2011
YOU LIE!!!!!!

mkdva = mastermind

TROLL!!!!!
mkdva 6:07 PM - 14 February, 2011
My name is Mario. If you need more details, I'll send you. I am not from US. Please don't make jokes with me because mastermind is not the most popular person at the moment.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:08 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
My name is Mario. If you need more details, I'll send you. I am not from US. Please don't make jokes with me because mastermind is not the most popular person at the moment.

LMFAO @ begging not to be confused with mastermind, i hereby move we change his name to a verb,

How did the show go
Man it sucks the headliner pulled a mastermind
BERTO 6:19 PM - 14 February, 2011
I just took a big mastermind. (noun form)
DJ Pullout 6:22 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:

Dont worry doggy.... we all know I was kidding around.

Quote:
Quote:

LMFAO @ begging not to be confused with mastermind, i hereby move we change his name to a verb,

How did the show go

100% agree.
mkdva 6:24 PM - 14 February, 2011
Do it
DJBIGWIZ 6:42 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:

hahaha
mkdva 7:06 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

How did the show go
Too bad that name cannot be changed
theCraneStand 7:15 PM - 14 February, 2011
Can we give Mastermind a little more time? Maybe he wont 'Mastermind' after all? I hate to end a contest with a default cancel. Construc is getting a T-Shirt at least, but I really want to get him a Crane Stand.

Maybe Mastermind has just been really busy starting static on another thread and it has been eating up all his time?
BERTO 7:19 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Can we give Mastermind a little more time? Maybe he wont 'Mastermind' after all? I hate to end a contest with a default cancel. Construc is getting a T-Shirt at least, but I really want to get him a Crane Stand.

Maybe Mastermind has just been really busy starting static on another thread and it has been eating up all his time?

I think mastermind has to buy construc a Crane stand ! I bet he wont though
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:30 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Can we give Mastermind a little more time? Maybe he wont 'Mastermind' after all?

Thanks for your support!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:31 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I think mastermind has to construct a Crane stand ! I bet he wont though

that would be interesting..POST A VID lol
DJ Pullout 8:43 PM - 14 February, 2011
Fedor pulled a mastermind this past sat night in Strikeforce. lol
DCD 10:10 PM - 14 February, 2011
Maybe something happened to him? Who'll get the last laugh when you all find out he's been in a terrible accident?

I will.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:13 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Maybe something happened to him? Who'll get the last laugh when you all find out he's been in a terrible accident?

I will.

unless you tune into the news about the accident and the news notes that there was a recording found at the scene, and they play it and its a performance that blows constructs out of the water
sacrilicious 10:17 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I will.

unless you tune into the news about the accident and the news notes that there was a recording found at the scene, and they play it and its a performance that blows constructs out of the water

...then we find out that mastermind staged the whole accident and faked his death to get the video reply the most coverage.
DCD 10:17 PM - 14 February, 2011
Unless that video ends with him laughing, then I'll still have the last laugh.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:21 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:

Anyway, back to the construc-mastermind battle, I think mastermind might suprise us all and come with some fire...hoping.

Man, Mastermind might REALLY have some Fiyah!

***Stay tuned****
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:24 PM - 14 February, 2011
Quote:

Hold up! You're actually supplying a CRANE STAND?

Oh, that's hotness...

Mastermind BETTER come thru...

And I'm sure he will...

****sends out the hounds****
RogerRabbit 11:50 PM - 14 February, 2011
This thread goes to show even dj's are sheep..
And how uncle fester could start a career in politics..

Case in point:
Kalid is said to suck - but the real reason behind it - possible self promotion by construc(see posted vid)

Mastermind - calls out construc on his actions...

Construc - ratings are plummeting in the polls.. His forum ratings are at and all time low...

So what do construc do to help his ratings? He starts a war(just like a good politician would). He drops a bomb on mastermind...

And as predicted - everyone forgets about the pre-war stuff..

I think construc is the real mastermind here...

Carry on :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:19 AM - 15 February, 2011
Quote:

Case in point:
Kalid is said to suck - but the real reason behind it - possible self promotion by construc(see posted vid)

Construc - ratings are plummeting in the polls.. His forum ratings are at and all time low...

So what do construc do to help his ratings? He starts a war(just like a good politician would). He drops a bomb on mastermind...

You are giving WAY TOO MUCH credit to one individual...

Only I AM capable of such mind trickery....
DJ_Phenom 1:22 AM - 15 February, 2011
Quote:

Case in point:

Roger that, target acquired... I have an open shot, waiting for authorization.

no one can know the truth...
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:22 AM - 15 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Case in point:

Roger that, target acquired... I have an open shot, waiting for authorization.

no one can know the truth...

Proceed Mr. Bourne...
DJ CON-STRUC 2:01 AM - 15 February, 2011
Quote:

Case in point:

My plan all along. lol
djchase 2:13 AM - 15 February, 2011
vid please?

going to untrack this post if i dont get to see the vid by 12 tonight (canandian time)
AKIEM 2:37 AM - 15 February, 2011
Quote:

played on yourself
lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:41 AM - 15 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

played on yourself
lol

See???

/Point Proven.
DJBIGWIZ 2:57 AM - 15 February, 2011
and just like that............

he was gone
DCD 4:10 AM - 15 February, 2011
Or maybe mastermind is con struc.
SELECT 4:15 AM - 15 February, 2011
Audi 5000 G... lol

This shit gets funnier by the minute. I love my 57sl, I play with it every night (no mastermind).
DJBIGWIZ 8:08 AM - 15 February, 2011
*cricket* *cricket* *cricket*
mkdva 9:32 AM - 15 February, 2011
This is what I have found in Serato-setup picture thread. Now we can see that mastermind is not Con-struc and neither me:
threadi638.photobucket.com
Would love to see how he would battle on a MP2016, haha
DJ CON-STRUC 9:34 AM - 15 February, 2011
Quote:
This is what I have found in Serato-setup picture thread. Now we can see that mastermind is not Con-struc and neither me:
threadi638.photobucket.com
Would love to see how he would battle on a MP2016, haha

lmao!
mkdva 9:47 AM - 15 February, 2011
Con-Struc, what time is now Easthampton? Here is 10:46am
DJ CON-STRUC 9:54 AM - 15 February, 2011
It's 5 in the morning
mkdva 9:59 AM - 15 February, 2011
6 hours time difference. Good morning then
DJ CON-STRUC 11:51 AM - 15 February, 2011
Thank you!
DJ Pullout 4:49 PM - 15 February, 2011
Go ahead.....

make my mastermind.....
DJ Dac 5:00 PM - 15 February, 2011
when i log on and see that there are 40 posts to this thread i get all excited that mastermind posted something, then the sheer disappointment to find it still everyone just bitching and no rebuttal... Mastermind- WHERE YOU AT????????
SELECT 5:06 PM - 15 February, 2011
I know, so dissapointed! Every morning I get my coffee and then to only come here and then be let down yet again.

Hes probably just getting his knobs ready for some ultra smooth crossfade action. (no mastermind)
DJ Pullout 5:11 PM - 15 February, 2011
Everyone needs to private message him now. FLOOD HIM WITH EMAILS!!!!!!!
DJ Dac 5:14 PM - 15 February, 2011
theCraneStand 9:41 PM - 15 February, 2011
so, um, I have this Crane Stand here. You guys want to start a new thread and turn it into another contest? Constuc is getting a T-Shirt for putting up. If you guys want to start a new thread and make this a legit contest, I am happy to give away this Crane Stand with subtray and wire keep. I may even throw in something secret :)

I can announce rules on the new thread since this one is getting tired.
DJ Pullout 9:52 PM - 15 February, 2011
yes def starta new thread.... post it in here too just to make sure we get everyone to switch over... INCLUDING MASTERMIND
theCraneStand 10:47 PM - 15 February, 2011
Quick before this thread gets to 100 posts... uh, oops
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:51 PM - 15 February, 2011
OH WOW....

It's About To Go Down!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:53 PM - 15 February, 2011
I still say, let's at LEAST wait until Friday....
DJ CON-STRUC 11:22 PM - 15 February, 2011
What should the thread be called?
theCraneStand 11:29 PM - 15 February, 2011
Be a Mastermind, Con-Stuc the best mix and win a Crane... lol

idk. it's up to you guys
DJ CON-STRUC 11:44 PM - 15 February, 2011
Okay, here it is... serato.com
djcrap 12:36 AM - 16 February, 2011
Quote:
*cricket* *cricket* *cricket*

beings scratched over jeopardy theme song...lol
BERTO 1:02 AM - 16 February, 2011
Quote:
so, um, I have this Crane Stand here. You guys want to start a new thread and turn it into another contest? Constuc is getting a T-Shirt for putting up. If you guys want to start a new thread and make this a legit contest, I am happy to give away this Crane Stand with subtray and wire keep. I may even throw in something secret :)

What is secret?
Logisticalstyles 3:27 AM - 16 February, 2011
Quote:

Yes!
ta2423 5:47 AM - 16 February, 2011
djmel 5:21 AM - 25 February, 2011
Quote:
YOU LIE!!!!!!

mkdva = mastermind

TROLL!!!!!

hahaahhhhahh omg!!! yo called that joka a troll!!!!!!
RogerRabbit 5:53 AM - 25 February, 2011
Ah - the thread that started it all...
theCraneStand 5:55 AM - 25 February, 2011
:)
MagicMerv 9:24 PM - 3 July, 2012
never liked Dj Khaled in the 1st place.... Wack Wack Wack.... he reminds me of the Kardashians... (dont know why their famous, but they are) SMH....
Marv Incredible 2:52 AM - 4 July, 2012
Man, I just spent the best part of an hour on this 18-month old (but epic) thread. Get all the way to the bottom and not only no mastermind mastermix, but no link to a new battle? Sheesh. Talk about anti-climax.

Ahh well. Maybe it's just as well. I really should be sleeping. That was some funny ish though. Dunno how I slept on this one. Classic!
Marv Incredible 3:10 AM - 4 July, 2012
Okay. For anyone else who slept on this... here's the next instalment. serato.com

Looks like another long one and I have no idea what the outcome will be yet so looks like I'm grabbing popcorn and missing some more sleep!
itsdjrocket 4:56 AM - 28 September, 2013
I always wondered if he really knew how to dj. Cause he just came up out of nowhere u know. No mix tape after mixtape.... just all i do is win and the rest is history. PLUS to me all his songs sound the same. Just saying....
thebuttonfreak 6:17 AM - 28 September, 2013
You sound like a homophobic douche. If you don't want to sound homo maybe you shouldn't push a sound which homos have had such a major part in developing.

Quote:
Laz219 10:28 AM - 28 September, 2013
Khaled has been around since way before 'All I do Is Win'

Never really seen anything of him live though,
proffessor if 3:35 AM - 5 October, 2013
khaled has been a djing major clubs in miami since at least 1999, way before he was a producer. he played the hotest parties that ever existed called NFA. hence the name DJ khaled. I did not read this whole thread... but from the 100 posts i did read people clearly are as they say clueless....

but if everyone knew everything then everybody would be on top. and clearly everyone is not on top.
itsdjrocket 3:40 AM - 5 October, 2013
Quote:
khaled has been a djing major clubs in miami since at least 1999, way before he was a producer. he played the hotest parties that ever existed called NFA. hence the name DJ khaled. I did not read this whole thread... but from the 100 posts i did read people clearly are as they say clueless....

but if everyone knew everything then everybody would be on top. and clearly everyone is not on top.

Really. Cool. Love to hear some of his "coming up" material.
Discobee 4:20 PM - 5 October, 2013
Khaled's best performance to date.

www.datpiff.com
DJ Alkemy 4:30 PM - 5 October, 2013
Quote:
Khaled's best performance to date.

www.datpiff.com

My eyes!!!
proffessor if 4:33 PM - 5 October, 2013
theartofdjing.tumblr.com

khaled from 1999
DJ DennisJ 6:30 PM - 5 October, 2013
not even a mention on the flyer... which part of the soundcloud mix is khaled?
DJ DennisJ 6:32 PM - 5 October, 2013
Oh wait, i just heard a slice in the middle of a verse (actually in the middle of a WORD) into an intro to another song (at 9:30 to be exact). I found Khaled. Same skills then as now :)
ta2423 8:08 PM - 18 October, 2013
Would rather train wreck a few transitions and make the bigger dollars than be 100% perfect and get the industry standard dollars.
zungy 9:44 PM - 18 October, 2013
Lmfao funniest sh*t I heard all day lol
DJ Construc 1:19 AM - 19 October, 2013
Fun times, and my crane stand is still going strong. Even though it would have been an epic fail, I still wish Mastermind would have actually came back with something, kinda took the fun out of it for me.
DJ Alkemy 7:54 AM - 13 May, 2015
Quote:
how many times from i change a lot 70mack.co

F***ing Awwwwwwful!!
PerfectSystem 3:28 PM - 27 February, 2017
WE DA BEST MUSIC
DJ Glitch_ 7:50 PM - 3 December, 2019
Hell, I just found a video of this actual clown trying to scratch on Youtube. My 11 year old little brother using a 200 dollar controller has better cuts than this actual retard who calls himself DJ, uses actual TTs (It is so hard to scratch with a 5-inch jog...), and won't stop blaring his name on otherwise decent tracks (sometimes). He even named the video "ripping down the turntables" XD what a clown

Watchwww.youtube.com
Laz219 9:42 PM - 3 December, 2019
....3 years later.