Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

PETITION FOR VIDEO SUPPORT (REQUEST FOR VIDEO) STARTED BY DJ ESCO

DJ_Esco 8:24 PM - 30 September, 2010
NOTE: (To Moderators and Members) I decided to title this because there is already a plug-in/feature request on the Serato forum site. I just wanted to see (specifically how many people that are members of this site want video) keep in mind this does not include those that dont find this thread, do not have access to this forum, are unable to read this posting due to language, are unaware of this thread.

I estimate a minimum of 93% will not know of this posting in a weeks time. a minimum of 76% of those being members of this forum.
SO I would definately encourage everyone to let everyone know. You can do this by adding links to this page in emails, or postings.

To be fair and go about doing this apropiately I decided to implement rules (Please follow them carefully) I also ask the moderators please help with this. As I believe this will be helpful to bot Serato and Numark in aiding them as a tool thus seeing what specifically the general consensus or population would like to see implemented in this feature and not just another "I WANT VIDEO" demand post or segment.

Please keep in mind this in no way is binding, or legaly commiting Numark or Serato or any of its affiliates to release, produce or create a video feature, plug-in, tool, hardware or software based product. This petition was not started by Numark or Serato it was started by me independantly. This is merely more like a "head count" and think tank (getting ideas and considerations and a "show of hands."

On a more personal note. As most of you know I am highly supportive and have a great deal of respect for both companies (Numark and Serato) and like many am very greatful for the equipment and technologies they have developed and deployed for our use. With this said and done I ask that you please do not start rumors of any kind!!!!

You can post in the following format ONLY! First line name second line location(Example bellow)
------------------------
DJ Esco
U.S.A. Houston, TX / Miami, FL
------------------------

Note: on the third line you can include feature details, recomendations etc only if they pertain to a video feature, layout etc.
Eric N 8:49 PM - 30 September, 2010
Eric Nelson (aka ADHDJ, aka dj420)
U.S.A. Seattle/Tacoma, WA
Features - I could deal with less transitions and FX (at least initially) if it makes the release process any faster! We can always get add-ons later as part of an upgrade release.
kraal 9:29 PM - 30 September, 2010
dj sirkit breaker
usa cincinnati, ohio / las vegas, nevada
KLH 11:52 PM - 30 September, 2010
DJ KLH
U.S.A. San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Maskrider 2:38 AM - 1 October, 2010
Maskrider
U.S.A Texas

Just make this happen...Working Djs need this more than The Bridge.
zaguama 2:45 AM - 1 October, 2010
zag
Panama City, Panama.

Agree 100% with Maskrider, this will open many doors for a lot of DJs out there.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 3:09 AM - 1 October, 2010
FYI, I've removed the word "Official" from the title of this thread. Unless a thread or post comes from a Serato staff member it isn't official.

And yes I know, there are other threads on this forum called "The Official blah blah". I'm not going to retrospectively change them but I will edit all thread titles from now on that feature the word "official".

Just letting you know :-)
kraal 3:13 AM - 1 October, 2010
Quote:
FYI, I've removed the word "Official" from the title of this thread. Unless a thread or post comes from a Serato staff member it isn't official.

)

well atleast you are reading :)
Maskrider 5:05 AM - 1 October, 2010
They are watching us..........
DJ G_Rad 5:07 AM - 1 October, 2010
Dj G_Rad
Medford, Oregon and Oahu, Hawaii.
I have never wanted video so bad. I am ok with a "we are working on it" :)
Maskrider 5:11 AM - 1 October, 2010
Me too until everybody down here started doing videos.......It's like a freaking qualification to have a Djing gig in the Club this days which I feel is ridiculous.
czar 5:28 AM - 1 October, 2010
careful esco. I started another thread to try and correct one that has a misleading title and mine got moved over to the off-topic section while the other one stayed where it was.
Manny C dot com 9:54 AM - 1 October, 2010

January 15, 2010

twitpic.com
DJ_Esco 10:01 AM - 1 October, 2010
@ChrisD and Serato: Thanks for not deleting and allowing us to do this :)
-----------

Thus far 7.5 people (Was not sure if Manny C dot com was on board so counted him in as .5)

Anymore???
Manny C dot com 10:15 AM - 1 October, 2010
LOL - I'll take a WHOLE point, thank you!
djfrancov 10:45 AM - 1 October, 2010
Dj Francov
Boynton Beach, Palm Beach County
South Florida

Im loosing gigs couse I wont use VDJ for video.
Maskrider 2:42 PM - 1 October, 2010
Quote:
Dj Francov
Boynton Beach, Palm Beach County
South Florida

Im loosing gigs couse I wont use VDJ for video.

Same shit here buddy.
djfrancov 2:43 AM - 2 October, 2010
I think before the bridge I want video, just like SSL
MusicDan 3:10 AM - 2 October, 2010
DJ MusicDan
NYC NY
diezdiaz 3:22 AM - 2 October, 2010
i think before video i want bridge. dont give 2 shits about video.
im a dj not vj
Maskrider 3:35 AM - 2 October, 2010
Quote:
i think before video i want bridge. dont give 2 shits about video.
im a dj not vj

Wrong thread....lol
diezdiaz 3:40 AM - 2 October, 2010
hey man i thought it was supposed to be an opinion piece/vote, granted i AM drunk but if its a vote - just saying i have no interest in doing video. in any case disregard my drunk ignorant ass lol
Maskrider 3:41 AM - 2 October, 2010
lol.....
ARTUROMMK 3:43 AM - 2 October, 2010
MMK
MEXICO CITY

Expand the pisibilities of itch give more sale units for numark and serato, and for the customer more tools. like bridge, advance fx, and of course video plug in. :)
DJ Sivic 12:40 PM - 2 October, 2010
DJ Sivic

New Jersey

Having Itch support video will really help everyone, specially vdj. With the power of the NS7 itch will be bringing video mixing to a new generation by making it better than it already is.
djcerla 1:24 PM - 2 October, 2010
Quote:
i AM drunk but if its a vote

hey mate, as a rule of thumb never post ANYTHING under alchol, especially don't text girls and don't post in forums where you can't edit/delete drunk-generated bullshit :-)
diezdiaz 2:05 PM - 2 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
i AM drunk but if its a vote

hey mate, as a rule of thumb never post ANYTHING under alchol, especially don't text girls and don't post in forums where you can't edit/delete drunk-generated bullshit :-)

under sober reflection - agreed. lol
damehype 2:59 PM - 2 October, 2010
Dame Hype
U.S.A. Houston, TX
BSK 3:43 PM - 2 October, 2010
BSK
I think Serato is well aware that people would like both Video and Bridge for Itch, they may just be taking their time releasing them, or have other reasons not to.
Numark, Support
sbangs 4:21 PM - 2 October, 2010
Hello,
To my understanding Serato has already commented they plan to do this at a future point.
However the biggest thing with Serato is that they have always worked very hard to make sure features are as stable as possible so they will not rush them out until they are ready.
zaguama 4:25 PM - 2 October, 2010
I agree, i think one of the main goals of this thread is to move up this feature a couple of steps on their priority list :D
djfrancov 5:38 PM - 2 October, 2010
I agree, let push it up!!!
lobboclub 7:51 PM - 2 October, 2010
+1
DJ LOBBO
Miami, FL
No special request(s) for video on ITCH. Just make it as good or better than Serato VideoSL.
DJNeoMatrix 1:20 AM - 3 October, 2010
+ 1

DJNeoMatrix

Miami Beach, FL

Let's get Video going on 1.7.3 of Itch (with the current drop out issues resolved).
dnice04 3:09 AM - 3 October, 2010
Dj Nice

Springfield, MA

I agree im one of Western Ma's leading video DJ and i cannont find ways to Dj with your software! Its like you guys are falling behind in ur things i can not aford to use vdj no more is not stable with ns7 ive said to my self ill just play itch for night clubs and vdj for my concerts shows and bigh nights at the clubs but honestly i have a delay .brand new pc with lots of ram and lots of hdrive .if you guys are gonna do this it has to happen now honestly the bridge stuff doesent event interest me basacly u are having potential djs falling behind in there skills cause they are being limited by what the software can proces if scrach live can doit why cant itch seriously ive bought the ns7 wen you guys put it out on the market and being waiting for video for tha same time .ive allways use virtuald dj with my djs and a a piooner mixer but felt the midi feature on the ns7 mixer wwould be handy for my complex scraching and transitioning efecx .I MEAN REALLY COM ON DO REPLY WITH SOMETHING BETTER THEN THE MESSEGE ON TOP TALKING ABOUT HE REMOVE OFFICIAL FROM ITS TITLE COM ON SERIOUSLY I LIKE SERATO ALOT BUT CANT NOT HOLD BACK ON THIS POST CAUSE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US SPEND A BOUT 1399 IN THIS TOY ( NS7) AND WE DONT GET TO EXPRESS OUR SELFS ...if you take it in a wrong way well sorry but it is how we all feel we just dont say it out of respect but we are consumers and need to be able to do what we do for a living THANKX ,,,,DJ ESKO I SEE U IN YOU TUBE
DJ Pimp 3:27 AM - 3 October, 2010
Dj Dave Jam (formerly Dj Pimp)
Los Angeles, USA / Rijeka, Croatia

Honestly I would prefer that Serato let Mix Emergency to hook up on Itch to be able to play video. It would save time and resources to Serato and ME already proved that is on the top of it's things.
As I have noticed Scratch Live 2.1.1 still needs to get fixed. It works fine with my machines, but I see some people in the forum are still on Scratch 1.9.2 because they had issues.
I also see some people have issues with latest Itch too.
And on the top of that the Bridge has to be finished.

It took the bridge almost 2 years to see the light, and it's still beta.
It would be shame that Itch has to wait that long to get video plugin.

I'm still on VSL and that's the only thing keeping me from getting the V7. My gigs are 90% video.
luckee_d 6:20 AM - 3 October, 2010
Quote:
Hello,
To my understanding Serato has already commented they plan to do this at a future point.
However the biggest thing with Serato is that they have always worked very hard to make sure features are as stable as possible so they will not rush them out until they are ready.

Yeah, it really shows with ITCH 1.7!.... Bought my DX 6 Months ago and still cant use it live due to software that isn't ready for live performance. You guys really rushed ITCH with the DX but I give you props for trying and the strides Serato has made to fix the instability issues.
zaguama 5:55 PM - 3 October, 2010
+1 to Mix Emergency plugin, its already implemented on SSL, just go ahead and implement it for ITCH please!!!!!!!!!!!
kraal 6:10 PM - 3 October, 2010
Quote:
+1 to Mix Emergency plugin, its already implemented on SSL, just go ahead and implement it for ITCH please!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

yup
zaguama 6:23 PM - 3 October, 2010
hmm althought ME is only for MAC as of now if im not mistaken and Serato wont do something that will benefit only MAC users with ITCH :|
kraal 6:26 PM - 3 October, 2010
ssl works with ME
MusicDan 6:29 PM - 3 October, 2010
Quote:
hmm althought ME is only for MAC as of now if im not mistaken and Serato wont do something that will benefit only MAC users with ITCH :|

They did with itch...Just kidding!!!
DJRANDY74 10:25 PM - 3 October, 2010
Yes i would like to have video because i do alot of corp events and Bar Mitsa's private partys with video. Please give us that feature please. I have the numark V7 that with by nice of you if you give us that add-on.
DJ_Esco 11:35 PM - 3 October, 2010
OK guys we are falling out of line here>
Put your vote in and add your info.

We are not trying to kick anyone in the nads here. If you have a recommendation please feel free to post when you put your vote in.

Keep in mind: Developing software is not an easy thing and supporting is is a definate task. Look at all the operating systems out there and all the support furums out there, to further prove my point all the softwares being mentioned have support groups, forums and the occasional complaints.

Yes we are all looking foward to seeing ITCH support video and video mixing and realize that this will help some DJs using ITCH score some additonal brownie points in any club, however lets keep it professional whiale we wait and in addition contribute in anyway we can.

DJ Esco
DJRANDY74 11:50 PM - 3 October, 2010
Dj Randy
Kissimmee, Fl
DJ Xio 4:52 AM - 4 October, 2010
DJ Xio
Miami, Fl.

I refuse to use Virtual DJ, but I have no choice. The demand is too large. If serato doesn't release a video plugin or update for itch within the next few months... I will have to leave itch.

Please include me for beta testing. I will be happy to!

Thanks.
hologram 5:32 AM - 4 October, 2010
Doc Hologram
Las Vegas, NV

just make it stable
DjChino3 10:14 AM - 4 October, 2010
I Vote yes for video capabilities.

Dj Chino
S. Korea / Texas
lofty 11:42 AM - 4 October, 2010
+1
Lofty
Toronto, ON
DJFLUKE 12:49 PM - 4 October, 2010
DJ Fluke

Ottaw Canada
Serato
Pene 9:01 PM - 4 October, 2010
Pene - ITCH Lead Dev
Auckland, NZ
(yes, I want Video for ITCH too! There's is just a bit of work we need to do first but it's definitely coming. Sorry I can't tell you when because we're not 100% sure yet)
Rebelguy 9:14 PM - 4 October, 2010
Although I am an itch owner (VCI-300 MK2), I honestly feel ripped off because of Serato opening up the Itch software to VSL. When VSL was first announced we were told you needed the 57 to make it work so I purchased one. There was never any mention of the them allowing it to be used by SL-1/SL-3 useers. Then they announced it was open to anyone with a Serato box. Now it is open to Itch users. I suppose it was inevitable but it is disappointing.

In all honesty I have become very cautious of the stability of Serato programs and have been looking into other viable options. If Native Instruments ever introduces video I may convert. As it is now I am debating about returning the VCI to purchase the Kontrol S4.
DJ Xio 10:04 PM - 4 October, 2010
If Video for Itch is not out by november, I'm getting this:
DN-MC6000 and using Virtual DJ for my video gigs...

Please, development team... Prioritize!

Thanks!
Serato
Pene 10:06 PM - 4 October, 2010
ITCH Video will not be out by the end of year, that I can say for sure.
MusicDan 10:40 PM - 4 October, 2010
Quote:
Although I am an itch owner (VCI-300 MK2), I honestly feel ripped off because of Serato opening up the Itch software to VSL. When VSL was first announced we were told you needed the 57 to make it work so I purchased one. There was never any mention of the them allowing it to be used by SL-1/SL-3 useers. Then they announced it was open to anyone with a Serato box. Now it is open to Itch users. I suppose it was inevitable but it is disappointing.

Who said VSL is open or will be open to itch users?
Rebelguy 10:51 PM - 4 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

Who said VSL is open or will be open to itch users?

Regardless of the name I am pretty sure it will just be a re-branded version of VSL. Just as Itch is just a re-branded version of Scratchlive. You don't honestly think they completely rewrote the programs.
Rebelguy 10:54 PM - 4 October, 2010
One other thing to consider is that VSL is still pretty sketchy on the PC side of things so you have to consider the same things will occur for Itch Video. Basically if you aren't on a Mac you are taking your chances at your events.
MusicDan 10:55 PM - 4 October, 2010
So because SSL has it, we shouldn't?
kraal 10:56 PM - 4 October, 2010
i love how these threads turn into threats... 'do this or i am buying something else' if you need something else then by all means get it. but the point we now know ( thank you esco for starting this thread ) is video is on the way
KLH 10:56 PM - 4 October, 2010
Quote:
Please, development team... Prioritize!

They DO have their priorities right. Introduce new features, stabilize, then optimize. Rinse and repeat.

-KLH
Rebelguy 12:04 AM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
So because SSL has it, we shouldn't?

What I am saying is that when VSL was introduced it was implied that it would only work if you owned the 57 so all of us early adopters dropped $1400 to buy the mixer. Then they decided to allow SL-1 and SL-3 owners in on it. Do you really think they needed to change the software to make that happen. Regardless of what I say, it's going to happen. I just don't appreciate the tactics used to make early adopters buy the 57.

Let me put it in a way that you can relate to. What if they decided to allow you buy the Itch Software for $99 and use any controller or interface with it after you just purchased the VCI, DX or NS7. Wouldn't you feel like you got screwed over.
djcerla 12:24 AM - 5 October, 2010
@ Rebelguy

Your rant is pointless and kinda disturbing. I personally paid about $3000 for Logic Audio software instruments, plus $1000 for the DAW; now the whole package is $500.

It's the price you pay to stay on the cutting edge of technology, brother.

Just sell your 57, you'll get much of your money back. I couldn't sell my used software instruments.
Rebelguy 12:41 AM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
@ Rebelguy

Your rant is pointless and kinda disturbing. I personally paid about $3000 for Logic Audio software instruments, plus $1000 for the DAW; now the whole package is $500.

It's the price you pay to stay on the cutting edge of technology, brother.

Just sell your 57, you'll get much of your money back. I couldn't sell my used software instruments.

I own Logic and think it's a great product but don't even get me started on Apple's pricing policies and business practices. Bad example.

And yes the 57 has been sold. I was never a fan of that mixer and sold it immediately when VSL became SL-1/SL-3 useable. In a way I guess that worked in my favor.

As I stated, my comments are falling on deaf ears. It's going to happen. I am just saying it is a bit disturbing to hear.
djcerla 12:45 AM - 5 October, 2010
Apple lowered the price to $500, I paid $4000 to a German company named Emagic, then aquired by Apple, FYI. So much for "Apple pricing policies" lol.
Rebelguy 12:48 AM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
Apple lowered the price to $500, I paid $4000 to a German company named Emagic, then aquired by Apple, FYI. So much for "Apple pricing policies" lol.[/quote

I actually owned Logic Platinum on the PC side when they were owned by Emagic. Then apple bought them and cut off PC support so that falls very easily into Apple's bad business practices...lol.
Rebelguy 12:49 AM - 5 October, 2010
I actually owned Logic Platinum on the PC side when they were owned by Emagic. Then apple bought them and cut off PC support so that falls very easily into Apple's bad business practices...lol.
djcerla 12:55 AM - 5 October, 2010
"Bad" just like MS dropping Mac support for IE, or Autodesk dropping Mac support for Autocad, or Adobe not supporting hardware acceleration on Macs u til 2010... not "bad" business, just plain business.
kraal 12:55 AM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
Although I am an itch owner (VCI-300 MK2), I honestly feel ripped off because of Serato opening up the Itch software to VSL. When VSL was first announced we were told you needed the 57 to make it work so I purchased one.

plain and simple at the time there was no such think as SL# or ITCH --- so it is not like you were duped in to buying the 57 as your rant is implying
kraal 12:56 AM - 5 October, 2010
^sl3
DJ Xio 2:47 AM - 5 October, 2010
LOL... It's not a threat... I already bought itch twice, when I got the VCI-300 and the Xone DX... Doesn't make much of a difference to serato at this point what I do.

Thanks Pene for the information.

I will most likely buy the new Denon on November and Use Virtual DJ for Video Gigs as I've stated before.

Hopefully itch will come around soon enough.
Can't deal with the stability issues of Virtual DJ.
Rebelguy 2:52 AM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Although I am an itch owner (VCI-300 MK2), I honestly feel ripped off because of Serato opening up the Itch software to VSL. When VSL was first announced we were told you needed the 57 to make it work so I purchased one.

plain and simple at the time there was no such think as SL# or ITCH --- so it is not like you were duped in to buying the 57 as your rant is implying

Um...there was an SL-1 (which I already owned) and they could have easily made VSL accessible at the time. They clearly stated that VSL would only run if used in conjunction with the 57.
Serato
Pene 2:58 AM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
they could have easily made VSL accessible at the time. They clearly stated that VSL would only run if used in conjunction with the 57.

Unfortunately at the time this was not true, there were a number of additional technical problems that had to be overcome before we could offer Video to SL1/SL3 users, just as there are a number of technical problems to overcome to make it work with ITCH.
d.j. ripperrip 3:17 AM - 5 October, 2010
RIGHT NOW I PREFER ITCH BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE A WHILE BEFORE VIDEO , REALLY THINKING ABOUT IT 1.7 UPDATE WASNT THAT GOOD . I GUESS VIDEO DJ ARE GOING TO HAVE TO STICK TO VIRTUAL D.J. WHICH I THINK U CAN PUT A 5 YEAR OLD IN CONTROL AND HE CAN SYNC HIMSELF A MIX. BIG UP TO DJ ESCO .
Rebelguy 5:00 AM - 5 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
they could have easily made VSL accessible at the time. They clearly stated that VSL would only run if used in conjunction with the 57.

Unfortunately at the time this was not true, there were a number of additional technical problems that had to be overcome before we could offer Video to SL1/SL3 users, just as there are a number of technical problems to overcome to make it work with ITCH.

Sorry for my wrong statement. Just wish you guys would have stated it was in the pipeline somewhere down the road before I had to shell out for the 57.
zaguama 6:21 AM - 5 October, 2010
wow so next year huh, cool. makes me wanna blink and its next year already, login to this forum, go to the ITCH 2.0 download link, buy Ableton Live, buy Mix Emergency for ITCH hmm what else...
Maskrider 9:02 PM - 5 October, 2010
Nxt year sounds so Far away.......sigh
nik39 9:48 PM - 5 October, 2010
DJ MeMyselfAndI
Here.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry for my wrong statement. Just wish you guys would have stated it was in the pipeline somewhere down the road before I had to shell out for the 57.

IIRC the public statement was that it *will* run in a different hardware but not "right now" (at that time). I don't think (I could be wrong) that neither Serato nor Rane said that it will exclusively run on the 57 for the future.
Rebelguy 1:14 AM - 6 October, 2010
Hey Nik...

First off...why did you reply to my email?

Second...I really don't remember a statement of them saying it would work on the other hardware. I do remember a big outcry when it was announced it would run on the SL-1 and SL-3.
Rebelguy 1:18 AM - 6 October, 2010
Crap i meant why didn't you reply to my email.

We NEED an edit button...haha.
DJ Cr8shun 4:04 AM - 6 October, 2010
Back on topic

DJ Fidel Ca$hFlo (DJ FCF)
U.S.A. Cincinnati, OH

Fix 1.7 then concentrate on video!
DJ_Esco 6:33 AM - 6 October, 2010
Thanks DJ Cr8shun
DJMOrTone 9:49 AM - 6 October, 2010
DJ MOrTone
Vancouver, BC
DJ TopperLA 11:32 AM - 6 October, 2010
DJ TopperLA
Los Angeles, USA / Paris, France

Video is not picking up at the same pace in France than in the US but it would definitely be a great features to be add. Plus, I'm sure video will kick in sometime soon in France.
Maskrider 2:48 PM - 6 October, 2010
Eventhough........ Personally I feel it's cheesy to mix videos it's already a Feature that you just gotta have it if your a working Dj.
Tim Too Hype 4:59 PM - 6 October, 2010
Chicago

Venue owners want video more than the DJ's. I spin video 85% of the time. If I had my choice, it would be all audio. There are enough Video DJ pools out there where you can get good videos, without being cheesy.
I just want VSL to work correctly, regardless of which version. Don't sell it until it works! If you make it, they will come.
DJCheLu 5:36 PM - 6 October, 2010
But +1 for me, I would have loved to bring my ns7 to my spot and use it for videos. Its an awesome piece of kit.
dj eee 4:46 PM - 8 October, 2010
Dj EEE
U.S.A Norfolk,VA
It is safe to say that Itch is a rebrand of Scratch Live, True Dj's will always control the music industry no matter what technolgy comes out. If you are true to your craft and do you research first, whether if you a Dj or Vj. Software writers for needs to communicate with compter manufactors on specification, and Quality Assurance needs to do better test before the release produce. Hats off to you DJ Esco for the threat. Volume speaks in number and let our number be heared. Side not been in the game since 1985 and true to the game.
k0shi 3:52 AM - 9 October, 2010
dj k0shi

U.S.A Honolulu,HI
I1Kirm 10:46 AM - 10 October, 2010
dj mixrunner

Cyprus, Nicosia
plben 4:40 PM - 10 October, 2010
DJ PL

Montreal (Canada)
Dj Beware 8:08 PM - 10 October, 2010
B from T dot (Canada)
Dj Fitty 8:43 PM - 10 October, 2010
Dj Fitty
Houston Tx
chrisperrydj 10:56 PM - 10 October, 2010
Chris Perry P.E.I. Canada
bigdik magee 10:58 PM - 10 October, 2010
+1 -BDM
Sparky911 3:18 AM - 12 October, 2010
DJ Sparky
Long Island, NY
DJ NEP 12:29 AM - 15 October, 2010
Neptali Aldovino AKA DJ NEP
New York, NY
Numark, Support
sbangs 1:04 AM - 15 October, 2010
Simon
Cumberland, Rhode Island
[Might as well chime in :-)]
zaguama 3:28 AM - 15 October, 2010
Thats the spirit!!!!
Maskrider 5:57 AM - 15 October, 2010
They just dont know how much Djs here are going to be happy...When this thing drops.
kraal 7:27 AM - 15 October, 2010
Quote:
They just dont know how much Djs here are going to be happy...When this thing drops.

happy nah --- then the feature request and comparisons start :)
KLH 4:43 PM - 15 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

+1

I remember when all we wanted were effects. How long were DJs happy with that? Two weeks?

Face it, we DJs won't be happy until we get the functional equivalent of a SVM-1000 with four DVJ-1000s for $1,000. Ok, $800.

-KLH
Maskrider 12:11 AM - 16 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:

lol.....I know after this thing we want something more.....
Dj_Nix 9:51 AM - 16 October, 2010
+1 amen.
Serato
Pene 9:28 PM - 17 October, 2010
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol.....I know after this thing we want something more.....

lucky for me or I'd be out of a job sometime next year :P
Maskrider 1:25 AM - 18 October, 2010
We love you Pene that's the reason we want you to stay busy.....lol
DJ Prashant 7:01 AM - 18 October, 2010
DJ Prashant - Portland, OR
luckee_d 2:12 PM - 18 October, 2010
DJ luckee_d
Wyld3 5:25 PM - 18 October, 2010
+1

DJ Wylde
speedball 6:04 PM - 18 October, 2010
Dj bounce please come out with it soon
LOS ANGELES CA.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK DJ ESCO AND ALL THOSE VIDEOS ON YOU TUBE
ddjozone 9:55 PM - 18 October, 2010
Dj Ozone
Philly, PA
Please Video and More... Everything Scratch Live can do we need in this baby.
Djpr1 12:21 AM - 19 October, 2010
+1
Dj Nando
Dj Cooly C 2:16 AM - 19 October, 2010
Quote:
Dj Ozone
Philly, PA
Please Video and More... Everything Scratch Live can do we need in this baby.

+ 1 DJ Cooly C
Atlanta, GA
kthbrdy 12:07 AM - 20 October, 2010
thisisdjkaz Ireland +1 for video
DJ Wizard [MZ] 12:28 PM - 20 October, 2010
------------------------
DJ Wizard
Maputo, Mozambique (Africa)
Vestax VCI-300 + ITCH user
FEATURES : VIDEO with cool/fast transitions. But first make this feature available on ITCH.
------------------------
TFRASER 3:04 PM - 20 October, 2010
+ 1000
dj omarg 8:46 PM - 20 October, 2010
dj omar g
newport beach ca.
DJ MCee 6:28 PM - 21 October, 2010
DJ MCee

Baton Rouge, LA
Tim Too Hype 6:42 PM - 21 October, 2010
If they(Serato) put as much effort into Video for ITCH as they have for SSL, then don't hold your breath for too long. VSL has been nothing but trouble for me since day one. Crashes, freezes......and support gets around to it when they can. Do a search in the forum for issues with video, freezes, crashes, bugs.....blah, blah, blah.
It needs work.
Maskrider 4:18 AM - 22 October, 2010
If you are running on a poorly spec computer you might have problems but so far from the people that i know nothing but praises.
Rebelguy 8:34 AM - 22 October, 2010
Quote:
If they(Serato) put as much effort into Video for ITCH as they have for SSL, then don't hold your breath for too long. VSL has been nothing but trouble for me since day one. Crashes, freezes......and support gets around to it when they can. Do a search in the forum for issues with video, freezes, crashes, bugs.....blah, blah, blah.
It needs work.

If you are running VSL on a Mac with the proper specs you will have no problem. I have been on it for about 2 years and have had 3 crashes. 2 were from my drive disconnecting because of a bad cable and 1 from a bad video file.

If you are on a PC then its a crapshoot if it will work.
E-Man 3:03 PM - 27 October, 2010
Dj E-Man
Lansing, MI
Video Me In...
Trinitized 8:15 AM - 2 November, 2010
I never use itch or my NS7 cause no video djing capabilities. I'm not to sure about Itch cause they never update their software. Itch is behind of all things.. WHY???
DJ_Esco 9:00 AM - 2 November, 2010
Quote:
I never use itch or my NS7 cause no video djing capabilities. I'm not to sure about Itch cause they never update their software. Itch is behind of all things.. WHY???

Serato updates the ITCH software frequently
and Video is supported by some we are just waiting for ITCH to release thier official video support in thier software.
vicrep 12:40 PM - 2 November, 2010
Victor R.
Singapore
+1 always wanted to VDJ with my NS7 :)
DJ_Esco 1:31 PM - 2 November, 2010
Here is my dream:
www.djesco.com
Hopefully we will get it for or before this Xmas
I wonder what the layout will be and what transitions it will include?
Maskrider 2:16 PM - 2 November, 2010
It's gonna look basically the same as VSL.
bigdik magee 2:54 PM - 2 November, 2010
Quote:
Here is my dream:
www.djesco.com
Hopefully we will get it for or before this Xmas
I wonder what the layout will be and what transitions it will include?

I like your dream.
DJ GRIAL 11:36 PM - 3 November, 2010
Are they really adding video support to ITCH?
Lenny Cordisco 10:45 AM - 6 November, 2010
DJ Lenny C

Boston, MA

I am a newly converted dj. Bought the XONE:DX and love it and Itch except no video. I am forced to keep my old roadcase with Scratch Live in case i have a video gig. I dont do many but i would love to see a VIDEO plugin for Itch.
dj zon3 3:43 PM - 7 November, 2010
Dj Zone

U.S.A Dallas, Tx
DJ GRIAL 7:47 PM - 7 November, 2010
Please please please! add Video support to ITCH Serato Team!!! Thank you! Gracias! I was going to buy the new Traktor S4 and this week decided to get the XONE:DX because I heard about this!
djtazzzz 2:25 AM - 8 November, 2010
yes want vid !! it cost to much- not to have that too ! let go !!!
J-Reign 5:38 AM - 8 November, 2010
James Resurreccion - (J-Reign, Jiggity-J)
Lakewood, CA

You gotta be a fool not to want to have video mixing for this system. A VCI, Laptop, and Projector is serious business. I'm sure the Management heads for these manufacturers want this more than us.
Maskrider 12:53 AM - 9 November, 2010
I'm already looking for a Projector......lol
School of Evil 12:17 PM - 13 November, 2010
Please release the video plugin, its needed badly
djcsmv 11:16 PM - 13 November, 2010
+1 for video

DJ C Smv
U.S.A. Houston, Tx
DJGongshow 8:22 PM - 14 November, 2010
Recently switched to Itch from VirtualDJ, but need video! Even if 3rd party...

DJ Starr
St. Louis, MO
the hitmankb 8:45 PM - 14 November, 2010
Hook it up....

blazinradio
hitmankb
Worcester, MA
DJ GRIAL 6:22 PM - 15 November, 2010
What about letting us use a plug in like Mix Emergency on Itch?
DJ Fokus Tokyo 12:38 PM - 16 November, 2010
I think by adding video itch will become...
master of all and expert at none.

kraal 6:00 PM - 16 November, 2010
Quote:
I think by adding video itch will become...
master of all and expert at none.

why do you say that? SSL have video
DJ Fokus Tokyo 11:47 PM - 16 November, 2010
Well it is just my opinion and why I purchased the vci and itch.

I'm not such a big fan of software going off on a tangent. Having video adds no benefit to me as it just adds another layer of functionality that will dilute the product and make it divert from its original intention, djing.

I think it would make more sense to perfect the djing and audio capabilities rather than add a new feature such as video.
kraal 12:36 AM - 17 November, 2010
Quote:
\

I think it would make more sense to perfect the djing and audio capabilities rather than add a new feature such as video.

true but quite simply a lot of people do both
DJ_Esco 7:07 AM - 17 November, 2010
+1
@kraal
@Fokus

In my opinion DJs are expanding the horizons through new creative levels by combining Technologies bringing a whole new definition to the "Total Package" A.K.A. the art of DJing.

"Experiences and memories (of any specific event or instance) are not only recorded and stored within the human memory but are embeded and become apart of us, as a result of not only you hear but also what you visualy percieve or experience at that particular moment." -DJ Esco
Maskrider 1:16 PM - 17 November, 2010
Before I really don't care about videos SL already have them but it makes perfect sense...VCI300 and ITCH portability is a killer combination and with video implementation this thing will be off the charts. I bet a lot of people from SL will jump on it.
dj badru 8:06 PM - 18 November, 2010
Edubbb
vt,Nh, boston ma,ct,

boooom what were waiting for
DJ/VJ Forrest Gump 3:21 PM - 21 November, 2010
I Have Serato just for stability and popularity purposes. I hardly use it because the features are so limited. I'm a Virtual DJ user, mainly for VIDEO, plus some additional bells and whistles. If ITCH when Video, at a REASONABLE cost, I would probably make the switch.
DJ/VJ Forrest Gump 3:27 PM - 21 November, 2010
IN addition, Serato/Rane need to consider that many DJs travel outside of their city to DJ. Right now, if I'm traveling, I take my Hercules RMX and my laptop n I'm good. With the stability of Serato, I would love to be able to TRAVEL with a VIDEO enabled midi controller, instead of having to bring CD player cases, & A RANE MIXER, if I want to play VIDEO.
runmova 4:17 AM - 22 November, 2010
+1 DJ Runmova,Tobyhanna P.a yes yes yes, i need it we need it, IT HAS TO BE STABLE FIRST. my NS7 and ITCH work well on my pc. i've tried virtual dj and numark vj program not a big fan of them . if i'm not mistaken are'nt they made by the same software company...... anyway hopefully Serato can get it right and get it to US SOON.
TJW 5:13 AM - 22 November, 2010
DJ TJ Please help us out Serato!!!
speedball 5:30 PM - 22 November, 2010
Can serato or numark please give us a update other than were working on. It will help us all out that want video on itch
kraal 5:59 PM - 22 November, 2010
Quote:
Can serato or numark please give us a update other than were working on. It will help us all out that want video on itch

i really doubt they have a true date. Just knowing it is in the plans helps a little but honestly we all know it will be here when it gets here is the only answer. so what are we to do for now but wait or if you need video right now or yesterday you should look for a different solution cause even if video is added who is to say it is what you want/need
BadBoyChubs 7:03 PM - 22 November, 2010
Some people have the wrong concept when purchasing software,

u buy a software based on wat is available now, not wat will be available in the future, so if u bought without that is ur prob, find alternatives.

it is nice we ask for stuff but to say they have to give a time frame is unrealistic.

If Itch never upgrades to 2.0, I wont be vex cause I buy 1.1 and now i at 1.7.1, and still loving it. I will work wid wat i have or find another software to get the job done!
kraal 7:48 PM - 22 November, 2010
Quote:
Some people have the wrong concept when purchasing software,

!

+1
DJ_STEELO 8:30 PM - 22 November, 2010
love this forum , there is a lot of helpful info..
controversial 4:24 AM - 23 November, 2010
please oh please give us video!!!!!!
GuyMiddleton 11:15 AM - 23 November, 2010
I don't want video in Itch, I bought Itch cause it is stripped back and stable.

If Serato want to bring out Vid-Itch or whatever they want to call it and allow it to work with Itch controllers thats great, but please don't mess up my Itch to add video!!
controversial 1:28 PM - 23 November, 2010
it should just be a plug-in like in serato scratch... the other thing I would love would be 4 decks on my vci300. I don't want to have all my tracks on ableton I hate the warp marker sound on ableton, I spin spanish music and salsa does not sound good with beat markers you cant beatgrid a salsa or merengue song specially if it is recorded live, it will sound robotic thats where it take talent to mix them a sync button wont cut it!!!!
DJ BIG DADDY 2:12 PM - 24 November, 2010
+1 For Video
DJ Big Daddy
Whangarei, New Zealand
DJHelmut 11:38 AM - 26 November, 2010
I'm foaming at the mouth for Itch Video support... i'm actually using VDJ (yes i'm ashamed) at many gigs now b/c it supports NS7 (kinda) and runs video... I HATE VDJ but for what I need to do, I can either spend the money for SSL and a new setup or just use VDJ until ITCH comes through... sooner than later, right Serato? right? Serato? Hello?
DJHelmut 11:58 AM - 26 November, 2010
I'm thinking the latter
E-Man 1:56 PM - 26 November, 2010
I read somewhere in this forum that it is in the works but they just don't have a date for release.
DJ SUPERFRESH 3:54 AM - 28 November, 2010
Video For Serato Itch Will Be Awsome And Very HelpFull. Serato Please Add Video To Itch.
DJ SUPERFRESH
YAKIMA WASHINGTON
Maskrider 9:55 PM - 28 November, 2010
Keep it coming guys we need all the support that we can get.
jshpro2 12:40 AM - 29 November, 2010
Quote:
I HATE VDJ but for what I need to do, I can either spend the money for SSL and a new setup or just use VDJ until ITCH comes through... sooner than later, right Serato? right? Serato? Hello?

My sentiments exactly. +1
Rob Cacioppo 6:43 PM - 5 December, 2010
Rob
Orangevale, CA
Ahmbe 2:35 AM - 6 December, 2010
DJ Ahmbe
Blacksburg, VA
bJamN 7:39 AM - 6 December, 2010
Serato Itch Needs VIDEO!!! Please...

Thanks..
bJamN
DJ GRIAL 10:50 AM - 6 December, 2010
I need video on ITCH please!
Rotrypwr 8:24 PM - 6 December, 2010
Paul C

St. Louis, MO

If there was a way to alternate the NSFX controller between sound effects and video effects. I personally don't really care for the sound effects but the controller is in the perfect spot to be used as a video effects controller. I'm using VDJ right now for video and have decided to stick it out until Itch releases video support. All I want for Christmas, is for Itch and video support to hookup.
DJFLUKE 10:15 PM - 6 December, 2010
Serato will never configure the nsfx
To work how it works in VDJ .

The VDJ mapping of it is sick
Too bad the machine dosent work well with it.
Serato knows this.
zaguama 3:52 PM - 7 December, 2010
the nsfx controls the video functionality of vdj?
DJFLUKE 4:22 PM - 7 December, 2010
Ya it controls video sampler and effects
zaguama 6:02 PM - 7 December, 2010
nice, would be a good idea to use the nsfx to handle video as well on ITCH's implementation.
DJFLUKE 6:12 PM - 7 December, 2010
I'm curious to see how theyre gonna do it
To be honest. I really doubt they will be
As creative as VDJ.
dj pete (el rey del mambo) 11:44 PM - 7 December, 2010
dj pete (el rey del mambo)
fayetteville, nc
i love vdj and only for 1 reason videos i just bought the numark v7 and will love to be able to do videos
DeeJayElite 12:55 AM - 9 December, 2010
DJ Eliite
Kokomo, IN
aaronottio 8:03 PM - 9 December, 2010
+1 for video
aaron ottio
The NoSco (Don't Know?' ask...)
beta B 5:06 AM - 15 December, 2010
+1 for Video
would like to use itch for once @ a show rather than usin VDJ
dj silent k 1:41 AM - 16 December, 2010
DJ Silent K
H-Town,TX
Mixmaster CT 4:54 AM - 16 December, 2010
I LOVE itch, with v7 its just exactly what I needed but I am forced to use VDJ. I am a VDJ user but when I hooked V7 to itch and used it I was sold in the first 60 seconds but sadly I am been spoonfed VIrtual DJ because ITCH dont have video support.

I vote for Video support... please!?!?!?!?
longshot 3:42 AM - 18 December, 2010
Video support please.
five-o 9:18 AM - 20 December, 2010
Been using Ns7 since it debut... Serato please have a Video plugin for Serato ITCH... Not only it will be good for the consumer, but it will definitly help the company to be way ahead of the game....
WirelessDJ 3:29 AM - 21 December, 2010
Jeeeez. I thought it was just me that wanted video option

Wirelessdj
Melbourne, FL
Dj Ace 6:44 AM - 27 December, 2010
Quote:
RIGHT NOW I PREFER ITCH BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE A WHILE BEFORE VIDEO , REALLY THINKING ABOUT IT 1.7 UPDATE WASNT THAT GOOD . I GUESS VIDEO DJ ARE GOING TO HAVE TO STICK TO VIRTUAL D.J. WHICH I THINK U CAN PUT A 5 YEAR OLD IN CONTROL AND HE CAN SYNC HIMSELF A MIX. BIG UP TO DJ ESCO .

you could alway go get serato scratch live, and video SL and be using it today :)
speedball 12:54 AM - 29 December, 2010
Serato or numark please let us end this year with some good news just give us a update of what the developers are doing to make this dream come true. A time frame would be nice so please respond to this forum by the end of the year you would make everybody happy to read that something is being done in this very important subject.
DJ GRIAL 4:00 AM - 29 December, 2010
I hope they come out with Video for itch!
Maskrider 8:29 AM - 29 December, 2010
Video for ITCH must be in the works coz they are all so quiet.
DEEJAY JUSTUS 11:16 PM - 1 January, 2011
DEEJAY JUSTUS
LONGMONT,COLORADO
So what is the final word on the release of video????? Or is it just a way to get people to buy VIRTUAL DJ also to run the NS7 nsfx !!!!!!! Its sad when you cant brag about SERATO when your runnin VIRTUAL DJ. Just my 2 cents !!!!
Maskrider 1:05 AM - 2 January, 2011
Quote:
yer so quite trying to figure out how much they are going to charge us for this new function, look at scratch live video add on they charged us for that, alls im saying is if they want to compete with virtual dj throw the video function on itch for free if they do then virtual dj will have a definite competitor in the market common serato you have made millions lets give a little back to ya loyal customers like me :)

Even if they charge us with the Video add On I think it is quite fair....I'm just saying that this feature request is something to brag about.....I'm gonna start collecting Videos as soon as this thing is announced.

I know I do have a choice to use VDJ for videos but I'm optimistic about ITCH.
DJFLEX83 11:17 AM - 2 January, 2011
all we need is video on itch.. thanks
kraal 6:16 PM - 2 January, 2011
Quote:
[.....I'm gonna start collecting Videos as soon as this thing is announced.

i already started collecting just in case
Dj Ace 11:00 PM - 2 January, 2011
or you could just use ssl with this...Watchwww.youtube.com
Maskrider 4:07 AM - 3 January, 2011
Another $800 Ugh....... I'll wait.......lol
Dj Ace 4:25 AM - 3 January, 2011
just depends on HOW bad you want it?
Maskrider 5:25 AM - 3 January, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

[.....I'm gonna start collecting Videos as soon as this thing is announced.

i already started collecting just in case

Where do you get your videos from Kraal?

I was thinking of getting it from Smashvidz.
zaguama 5:34 PM - 3 January, 2011
i want video so badly :S
kraal 5:42 PM - 3 January, 2011
Quote:

Where do you get your videos from Kraal?

I was thinking of getting it from Smashvidz.

fro mymp3pool.com
djcerla 9:53 AM - 13 January, 2011
VIDEO SL FOR ITCH all but confirmed Watchwww.youtube.com (skip to 9'10")
DJFLEX83 10:10 AM - 13 January, 2011
i see no video sl with itch here.... whee did u get the video?
djcerla 10:12 AM - 13 January, 2011
(skip to 9'10")
DJFLEX83 10:20 AM - 13 January, 2011
do u really mean there will Video sl for itch?
djcerla 10:23 AM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
do u really mean there will Video sl for itch?

not me, them.
kraal 10:33 AM - 13 January, 2011
Good find :)
DJFLEX83 10:38 AM - 13 January, 2011
any pic or video in it..
kraal 11:02 AM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
any pic or video in it..

obviously not. He said coming to itch software
DJFLEX83 11:06 AM - 13 January, 2011
ok will be waiting..
kraal 11:29 AM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
ok will be waiting..

me too
Ragman 5:20 PM - 13 January, 2011
When video finally comes to Itch I'm seriously thinking of adding that to my core business. I know there's other expenses to consider but it's time to take it the next level in 2011. These are very exciting times for DJs of all facets.
Maskrider 6:10 PM - 13 January, 2011
I've skipped on Video when VSL came out. Now that It's coming to ITCH I'm not gonna pass on this,It is time to Jump on the Bandwagon.
JonnyLove 6:13 PM - 13 January, 2011
Interesting the new Pioneer DDJ-S1 intro video mention's ITCH with plug ins for the Bridge and Video SL coming in 2011. :)
kraal 6:15 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:
Interesting the new Pioneer DDJ-S1 intro video mention's ITCH with plug ins for the Bridge and Video SL coming in 2011. :)

:)
DJ Easy Eddie 6:15 PM - 13 January, 2011
DJ Easy Eddie
Philadelphia PA
Maskrider 11:33 PM - 13 January, 2011
Quote:

4th Quarter Maybe......lol
zaguama 11:43 PM - 13 January, 2011
thats a teaser for NAMM 2012
BadBoyChubs 2:55 AM - 14 January, 2011
Quote:
thats a teaser for NAMM 2012

maybe on 11-11-11
DJ Bigdad 6:49 AM - 28 January, 2011
Dj Bigdad
Kansas city, ks,/mo

Video plus bridge...
DJNeoMatrix 6:50 PM - 28 January, 2011
DJ NeoMatrix
Miami, FL

Video for the NS7
aaronottio 9:40 PM - 1 February, 2011
Quote:
Video for the NS7

+100
DJ Soup 1:19 AM - 2 February, 2011
DJ Soup
Denver, CO
djbagz 1:34 AM - 2 February, 2011
dj bagz
Quote:
Video plus bridge...

+million
DJFLEX83 6:25 PM - 2 February, 2011
i dont think it wil work... video 1st..
gzentertainment 12:33 AM - 3 February, 2011
DJ Decks
New Jersey, USA
Maskrider 2:53 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
dj bagz
Quote:

Video plus bridge...

+million

Video comes first before Bridge.
djbagz 4:19 AM - 3 February, 2011
who freakn cares which comes 1st...just make it happen serato
Solidsnake 4:24 AM - 3 February, 2011
Would love to see both and eventually we will in ITCH, but for now I do believe Video will be coming before the bridge, mainly because the bridge hasn't even taken off in SSL yet... and also I know of a few good DJ's losing out on gigs to lesser DJ's just because the lessers have video...
Ragman 5:32 AM - 3 February, 2011
Bridge is out in SSL. Has been for sometime now.
Ragman 5:33 AM - 3 February, 2011
Out = Released
E-Man 6:25 AM - 3 February, 2011
I used the NS7 with VDJ and am having a problem with it sounding like it's under water. Now VDJ support team said it's because the NS7 has a motorized platter. So lets hope that when Serato does release it, there won't be any issues.

I apologize to Serato for using your competitors name in your forum. However I feel my info fits the issue.
E-Man 6:25 AM - 3 February, 2011
Key word you said was Pioneer.....
Solidsnake 6:48 AM - 3 February, 2011
"mainly because the bridge hasn't even taken off in SSL yet..."

I know it's out, I have been fooling around with it, but it HAS NOT taken off yet, it is still in infancy stages, just give it a few more months to see what it does in Scratch Live before we get it in ITCH also...
Maskrider 9:51 AM - 3 February, 2011
Quote:
who freakn cares which comes 1st...just make it happen serato

lol.......It looks like We have to try harder.
FrankC15 5:56 PM - 4 February, 2011
How about we focus on getting Itch to be reliable and stable? I'm getting tired of doing voodoo incantations before each set and praying that everything goes well
DJ Cs 7:36 AM - 5 February, 2011
Quote:
How about we focus on getting Itch to be reliable and stable? I'm getting tired of doing voodoo incantations before each set and praying that everything goes well

Well, theres your problem, your doing the wrong type of praying to get itch 1.7.x to work well. Thought you read that already in the manual.
Ragman 9:47 AM - 5 February, 2011
lol ... that was ripe ...
Detailsound 8:19 PM - 5 February, 2011
Ive just became a NS7 owner, ive been playin for over 30 + years, I have all combos 1200s-Controllers- Cdjs , but im running this with Virtual DJ 7 to get Vedio, so Itch would be Awesome Too. Thanks Dj Sweet C
Tishica14 11:28 PM - 5 February, 2011
DJ Shan
DFW, TX

Video would be the icing on the cake for us Itch users. If Virtual DJ can have video why can't Itch users? I really want to stay loyal to Itch, but as video usage is becoming more in demand, a software with this feature is a must for most us DJ's these days.
zaguama 6:17 PM - 8 February, 2011
NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE HEARD!!!!!!

You should have received the Serato Newsletter, there is a survey that they would like you to participate and you get the chance to win one of the following, an SL4, Numark NS6, Pioneer DDJ-S1.

There is a question that says "If you are an ITCH DJ, which of these features are your number one requirement" and one of the options is "Video Mixing". So everyone that has posted in this thread i believe is desperately wanting this feature, now is our time to be heard.

LETS MAKE THOSE GRAPHS CLEARLY SHOW THAT WE WANT VIDEO!
Maskrider 8:08 PM - 8 February, 2011
I already did the survey and hopefully all the guys that posted here do the same.
kraal 8:45 PM - 8 February, 2011
Quote:
I already did the survey and hopefully all the guys that posted here do the same.

ofcourse i checked all the i love itch just the way it is buttons ;)
DJ BENTHERE 9:16 PM - 8 February, 2011
DJ BenThere
Los Angeles, CA USA

YES - VIDEO FOR ITCH NOW PLEASE!!!!
as an owner of both the Sl1 and the VCI-300, I repeatedly choose to use the VCI instead of lugging around these Technic turntables (which have now been discontinued)!!!!
From a business point of view, it's clear that turntables are on their way out for good. With the itch format, there are just too many things that you can do which are impossible to do using turntables. I've been doing video DJ shows internationally for several years now and the biggest issue is stability and size/ weight.
With VCI technology (and similar), the only thing I want for christmas is a video plug in for itch. It will change my world for the better and I can't wait!

Would love to beta test for you as well since I have been tackling VSL plug-in issues constantly with your support team :)
DJCheLu 10:04 PM - 17 February, 2011
bump
zaguama 1:07 AM - 18 February, 2011
mixemergency ftw :p
Mutis 1:59 PM - 18 February, 2011
video +1
Maskrider 4:09 AM - 19 February, 2011
I wish we can use mixemergency.
DJ Pimp 1:01 AM - 21 February, 2011
Quote:
I wish we can use mixemergency.

+1
DJMEUSE 7:52 PM - 21 February, 2011
DJ Meuse
USA Boston/Worcester

I have been using Scratchlive with Video SL for a while now. I was considering on trying Itch, but won't touch it without an option for video. Serato should atleast offer it for Itch with the bare essentials and can offer upgrades at a later date. I am a fulltime DJ. This is my 9 - 5 ..... I can't make the comittment unless I know that Serato is serious about Itch and it's customers.
Maskrider 7:56 PM - 21 February, 2011
I think they are giving ITCH the option for video but we dont know when.
DJ Eleazar 12:05 AM - 22 February, 2011
DJ ELEAZAR MALDOANDO
CORE DJ SYNDICATION RADIO SHOW
MILWAUKEE WI

I use the ttm57 for video (locally) I travel a lot & when i do i use the VCI-300 (soon to be replaced with NS6) I WISH SERATO WOULD STEP IT UP AND GIVE ITCH VIDEO.. IT WOULD MAKE MY LIFE EASIER. HOPE TO SEE THIS REAL SOON...
Maskrider 4:55 AM - 22 February, 2011
Most of us are SSL users and has been wanting this to happen since Day one.
whereami 7:48 AM - 22 February, 2011
I have a lot of video compilation already! ^_^
Just waiting for itch!

come on! please hurry! ^_^
DJ Cs 5:48 PM - 22 February, 2011
Quote:
one thing for itch to put out video capabilities the other is making sure theres no problems,

why add a new feature when the simple audio function of itch is not quite right

take your time serato dont rush it

we all know what happens when you rush things (1.7)

Taking your time is one thing, but sheesh. :)
DJ something stupid! 6:16 AM - 23 February, 2011
till itch gives us video mixing, i'm sadly gonna have to try virtualdj for that for now, danm it!
DJ Soup 9:19 AM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
till itch gives us video mixing, i'm sadly gonna have to try virtualdj for that for now, danm it!

I use my V7 with VirtualDJ to mix videos and it works pretty well but yeah I'd like to be able to do it in itch.
zaguama 4:46 PM - 23 February, 2011
VDJ video mixing is so horrible i used it the other night with an xponent, didnt have any other choice since they wanted video at the venue, i was so embarrassed by the loss of quality, all my smashvidz videos have pristine quality and VDJ made them look like betamax rips.

Fortunately lots of people nowadays are not very picky and you can throw whatever at them, even youtube rips and they wont care which is sad :|
Solidsnake 5:53 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I use my V7 with VirtualDJ to mix videos and it works pretty well but yeah I'd like to be able to do it in itch.

How's that working for you? What mixer are you using?
DJ Soup 7:45 PM - 23 February, 2011
Quote:
VDJ video mixing is so horrible i used it the other night with an xponent, didnt have any other choice since they wanted video at the venue, i was so embarrassed by the loss of quality, all my smashvidz videos have pristine quality and VDJ made them look like betamax rips.

Fortunately lots of people nowadays are not very picky and you can throw whatever at them, even youtube rips and they wont care which is sad :|

I've never really noticed a difference in picture quality. I don't think it would be any different. You might wanna check your settings. If anything VDJ runs way smoother doing video than VSL.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

How's that working for you? What mixer are you using?

The V7 is pretty much just plug and play with VDJ just like with itch. I've done several nights with no crashes. I don't have a mixer with midi so I just use whatever mixer is on hand and map the video crossfader to the fx slider on the V7. I actually like to mix the video separate from the audio.
Solidsnake 10:26 PM - 23 February, 2011
Thats what I wanted to know, I have 2 V7's and an X5, so I'm wondering what Serato will do when they release video for Itch. For those of us that don't have midi mixers that is...
DJMike_123 12:06 AM - 24 February, 2011
+1 Mike Hackett UK DJ

Running with pride an NS7

Bring the Video to the ITCH party
zaguama 12:08 AM - 24 February, 2011
Again, just as a reminder, make sure yall fill the Serato Survey that was sent on the newsletter, theres an option there for video as top priority, lets show them how much we care for video.
DJFLEX83 1:14 AM - 24 February, 2011
+1
Ahmbe 5:19 AM - 2 March, 2011
Zag what newsletter are you referring to?
DJ Wizard [MZ] 2:09 PM - 2 March, 2011
Serato please give us ITCH with video support
zaguama 6:15 PM - 2 March, 2011
too late now, the survey period is over.
Serato
Pene 2:32 AM - 3 March, 2011
www.serato.com
the survey closes March 8th :)
zaguama 2:35 AM - 3 March, 2011
oh my bad, sorry thought was March 1st.
zaguama 2:38 AM - 3 March, 2011
btw welcome back Pene, its been a while that i've seen you post over here :D, i hope thats a good sign!!

J/K
controversial 2:38 AM - 3 March, 2011
pene does that mean on the 8th we will be able to dl a new version or bet of itch?
Serato
Pene 2:44 AM - 3 March, 2011
the survey date has no influence on the ITCH 2.0 beta and release dates
controversial 3:00 AM - 3 March, 2011
@pene and those dates are?????? :-)
Serato
Pene 3:10 AM - 3 March, 2011
As a developer I'd rather not say till I've actually finished writing the code, which is not quite yet. I don't want to get you excited and then disappointed if something goes wrong and it gets slightly delayed.

And hi zaguama :) I've been limiting my time on the forum in favour of writing code but I still stop by now and then ;)
zaguama 3:13 AM - 3 March, 2011
well thats great, a lot of people will be glad to hear that you are hooked up to the matrix working on it ;).

NO ONE interrupt Pene!!

/me passes a cup of coffee to Pene.
controversial 3:25 AM - 3 March, 2011
Ha I second that zaguama lets take controllers to the next level!!!! I'm tired of these dudes showing up with traktor or vdj to shows out in nyc or clubs and when I ask them can they spin merengue, salsa cumbia or any live band songs like metal they say they have to "beat grid everything" screw that I'm a dj and came from a sl1 with denon 2600's and I been loving not having to lugg around all this big gear i just show up with my vci300 and vfx. I have even spun at my boys barber shop with 4 computer monitors and people where rocking till after hours all i ask is you guys dont take away our visual aids and they way they show up on screen and again thanks for all the hard work :-)

/me passes a bottle of Ciroc Coconut to pete :-)
Maskrider 10:35 PM - 3 March, 2011
It looks like its going to be awhile.
zaguama 12:41 AM - 4 March, 2011
yeah, specially since 2 new products are coming out, they are expecting bugs on them that they will have to iron out, etc once the 2 new products are stable we can start thinking about 2.0 :)
controversial 3:42 AM - 4 March, 2011
Seems like april we are getting some sort of news guys!!!

www.serato.com
djwenk 12:12 PM - 14 March, 2011
Dj&vj wenk from berlin germany
serato its time for itch with video support !
vdj works at the moment better than u...
djcerla 12:43 PM - 14 March, 2011
good insights (SSL) Watchwww.youtube.com

hopefully ITCH is catching up soon ;)
zaguama 2:41 PM - 14 March, 2011
another suggestion, head over the Video SL general discussion, a lot of productive and interesting topics are being discussed there that will help you in the vj world.
DTPRODJS 4:58 AM - 17 March, 2011
DJ H2
South Bend, In

Lets get crackin boys, I need this like a fat kid needs cake
Jason Cruz 7:56 PM - 17 March, 2011
I'd love support for video. I work outside and in a very dusty, sandy, and even salt water type environment. I've been using Serato Video Plugin since it came out. I've been 100% video since 2006 and need a less expensive hardware solution for my summer days outside. I'm purchasing the Pioneer DDJ-S1 the day it comes out for use in my harsh day environment DJing. I take a complete DJ system backup every time I play. Using the Pioneer DDJ-S1 I wouldn't be able to use as a backup at my night spots because of No Video Support.

Thank You
JasonCruz

Click Link for A Picture Looking out the DJ booth in the Summer.
jasoncruz.net
DJMattCRdUb 10:06 PM - 21 March, 2011
yes for video!
zaguama 12:18 AM - 22 March, 2011
so theres a rumor going around that Video-SL is on private beta?, hopefully thats true and they are copying/pasting the code as i type this into ITCH source code :D. (j/k)
DJ_Esco 5:26 AM - 22 March, 2011
(frowns @ Zaguama)

There may be a Beta Release that is undergoing testing at this moment. PreRelease Beta versions are actually called "Release Canidates" there are given or made available to a select crowd of Experirenced DJs or Professionals which thuroughly test the software before it is publicaly and released.

Keep in mind Video-SL is a "pay for" plug-in made specifically for Scratch Live.
Although Scratch Live does share some program and language simularities with I.T.C.H. it does not consitute or mean that it can be easily "piped" to work in I.T.C.H. remember both ITCH based controllers and Scratch Live Controllers act as software Dongles in two diverse unique methods. Whereas ITCH controllers do direct signal conversion meaning HID/communications are direct from the station or unit. SL units recieve then process then convert meaning recieve time codesignal from the CD or vinyl then this is translated by the SL box (versions1-4) then to your PC to be further processed.

I am not saying that it is possible or impossible. but I rather play it safe due to reliabilty, stability, and performance. Besides out of respect and ethics to Serato aswell.

Not that I am any sort of "hacker"

JUST SAYING............ I would hate for anyone to see me that way.
djpaulywood 5:38 AM - 22 March, 2011
I have over 10,000 music videos from promo only - Video Vj is my life - now that i have the ns7 - and went with dj esco advice on how to make it work with video - all is ok but could be alot better - im making it by though with alot of effort on having to manually strip search to fully load 80% of the videos before playing - so it would be nice to have support for video!!!
zaguama 5:46 AM - 22 March, 2011
i wonder if Serato will keep away mixemergency somehow from ITCH (hopefully not) cuz on Scratch Live from what i've read ME dominates.
Maskrider 6:10 AM - 22 March, 2011
Yes there is a lot of SL user using ME.
DJ_Esco 7:32 AM - 22 March, 2011
@ Zaguama
I dont think Serato will block MiX E from doing ITCH. ME Expressed some time back they are interested in doing ITCH.
DJ_Esco 7:33 AM - 22 March, 2011
Quote:
@ Zaguama
I dont think Serato will block MiX E from doing ITCH. ME Expressed some time back they are interested in doing ITCH.

Keep in mind they (ME) are not PC friendly
zaguama 1:07 PM - 22 March, 2011
well all i've read is complaints of VSL on pc lol.
Dj Beware 5:20 PM - 22 March, 2011
@Dj_Esco.....actually normally a "Beta" version comes out before a "Release Canidate" the versions before "Beta" versions are normally called "Alpha" versions. Release Canidates is normally after the initial "beta" version testing to get the obvious bugs. So really a Release Canidiate can be the same as a final version if no more bugs are found in the Release Canidate testing. Otherwise when a bug is found the next version would be RC1 then RC2 ect. until the "Final" or "Gold" version.
kraal 5:29 PM - 22 March, 2011
^^ right^^
DJ_Esco 9:24 PM - 22 March, 2011
true and clearly put. Well done.
DJ_Esco 9:28 PM - 22 March, 2011
I havent had problems with video on PC. The only issue I had was with the latest ATI video driver (caused a memory leak while doing video) which is not a problem for me anymore after patched it.
zaguama 10:05 PM - 22 March, 2011
u doing video sl or virtual dj?
vj volkan 9:39 PM - 24 March, 2011
Video mixing is all over, people just haven't realize how important it will towards the future! Yes to video!!!
(back to the main topic)
ve3nsv 4:06 PM - 27 March, 2011
Yes to Video support for Itch. I am a mostly Video DJ (Promo Only, 8th Wonder) and right now I'm using VDJ with my VCI-300.

Terry Green
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ_Esco 8:30 PM - 30 March, 2011
@ Serato Video Support ??
----------------------------------------------------
(Insert Drum Roll Here)
-----------------------------------------------------
BTW I ♥ MY Numark™ NS7
♫♪♫ ►►►►►►►DJ.Esco™ ©◄◄◄◄◄◄◄♪♫♪♫
DJ_Xiovi 8:45 AM - 3 April, 2011
DJ Xiovi
Central Florida
Orlando, Florida

Let's get it going with this video!
nik39 12:16 PM - 3 April, 2011
Quote:
why not include video in the next update of itch instead of charging us to use video

Now you're gettting ridiculous.
nik39 2:11 PM - 3 April, 2011
Truth? Which truth?

Why do you think should Serato give VSL away for free? It's an add-on, a different product, something which requires development, testing and support. Why should this be given away for free?
djcerla 2:20 PM - 3 April, 2011
Quote:
Why do you think should Serato give VSL away for free? It's an add-on, a different product, something which requires development, testing and support. Why should this be given away for free?

For sure not for the reason stated by DJSyndic8. However, I could well see Serato including VSL in ITCH as a competitive move. We'll discover it soon.
djcerla 2:31 PM - 3 April, 2011
Quote:
Like I'm sorry Itch 1.7 was a mess here have Itch video for free as an apology, :(

Is 1.5 working OK for you?
Maskrider 5:47 PM - 3 April, 2011
Updates makes it always better but sometimes it needs some minor re-touches.
DJ_Esco 6:42 PM - 3 April, 2011
@djcerla +everyone in here
@Serato @Numark

There are afew others in the works of releasing video on platform that will or currently work with the NS7. Of the two companies which have spoken with me, one is releasing it as a free plugin availible after thier update, the second will be selling the software. In addition from discussions in the past and last weeks conversation Mix Emergency has been looking at the NS7 and other simular controllers and considering also expanding to include support for PC OS (Both 32 and 64 Bit versions in Win 7 and Vista)

Serato does have alot on thier plate at this time. I am not certain what their market stratagey will continue to be, but, one thing is for certain as times progress in the form of modernization and the presentation of new technologies so do the demands and listed expectations of the real modern DJ. A DJ no longer just plays music we innovate a new path and add new dimensions through our presentations and performances by taking the tools and instruments given to us by the manufacturers and product developers and forging them into a new levels.

Numark has allways led the market in bringing certain features and technologies first. (Think about this) then all others follow in the footsteps.

As far as software all the companies know the profit margin is phenominal. The real expenses are in Product Development (Which extends from brainstroming, deciding if the idea is feasable and its market potiential. Once this is established then actually making the software then testing the "B-Jesus" out of it and debugging process will commence and then a stabil release is made. The nice part is unlike hardware the associated cost is far less simply becuase there is no parts or assembly process. The distribution process is easy just put it on a CD, USB, e-mail it, etc.. vs Package it using custom made foam molds, plastic wrap and desicants.. Ithink you get the idea)

Anyways, both sides have to contend with the markets they are in, new softwares are out, new features and advances etc... Serato does a great job at teaming up with companies that will incorporate and deploy thier products such as seen with both Rane and Numark.

The concept ecveryone should be having is: Design something that is flexible, modular upadatable and and expandable through both hardware and software, dont just keep up with industry demand but exceed its expectations and become the top industry innovator and you are beyond the worth of your weight in Gold. ◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ By the way this advice is free LOL But dont release something they want due to expectation and you almost become the ugly redheaded step child in a matter of seconds.

Be patient and see what solutions our industry will offer...

DJ.Esco™ ©
"with the Earth's estimated population of 6.91 Billion and the lessening of global Forestation, I fear someday soon we may run out of Oxygen" <Being Sarcastic
VJ Justin Allen 6:55 PM - 3 April, 2011
Quote:

Numark has allways led the market in bringing certain features and technologies first. (Think about this)

Are you kidding? The only thing that Numark is famous for bringing to the marketplace is a whole bunch is subpar equipment that breaks just taking it out of the box. THAT is the history of Numark.

I agree that they have recently started to change their philosophy regarding their products...but that, in no way, would ever lead anyone to believe that they have "led the market" in anything but returns.

They have a long way to go.
DJMike_123 8:12 PM - 3 April, 2011
+1 the ability to use video with my NS7 yep bring it on.
I am happy to pay for Video-SL to run on it I don't want anything for nothing here just the ability to add the function.
I wont mention the fabled release we all hope for.... damm just did lol
DJ_Esco 9:29 PM - 3 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Numark has allways led the market in bringing certain features and technologies first. (Think about this)

Are you kidding? The only thing that Numark is famous for bringing to the marketplace is a whole bunch is subpar equipment that breaks just taking it out of the box. THAT is the history of Numark.

I agree that they have recently started to change their philosophy regarding their products...but that, in no way, would ever lead anyone to believe that they have "led the market" in anything but returns.

They have a long way to go.

@VJ Justin Allen
Ok lets really think about this.

When CDJs came about who brought scratching on CDs???
what about mp3 support??
what about FX (realtime effects processing)???

Then all the other big names implemented it too.

This is what I was saying.

As far as QA (quality Assurance) I think they have raised their bar on their products.

But hey opinions are like a*s holes everyone has one LOL.
However we do value your opion and input.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Been Rocking my Numark™ NS7 Daily for almost 3 years now.
♫♪♫ ►►►►►►►DJ.Esco™ ©◄◄◄◄◄◄◄♪♫♪♫
DJ_Esco 7:12 AM - 4 April, 2011
@ DjSyndic8
I am pulling video off 2 diffrent ways and testing the crap out of it and I have become confident enough where I can use video mixing and effects durring performances. The only thing I will say is durring my testing (approx 4 Months of serious testing I have found 2 things that will be your enemy:

1. Video Driver: certain versions of ATI's video driver actually caused a memory leak to occur. (there are fixes for this aswell as other versions which will work perfectly)

2. Hard drive going into any temporary sleep or suspend mode. Notice in all of the softwares the common thing is to render the file creating a page file of the video. When you load an entirely new track which has not been rendered/analysed there is a few seconds that will pause the GUI as the drive begins to spool to proper speeds and the file is addressed and loaded. it does not matter how fast of a system you have it will happen unless you prevent your drive from sleeping.

To simulate end user scenarios I tried 3 file configurations:
1. Storing the video files (various types) locally on the same drive as the OS. (C:)
2. Storing the video files (various types) locally on a diffrent drive from the OS. (D:)
3. Storing the video files (various types) Using USB (E:)

#2 works the best and the drive seems to never stop (this can also be changed in the configurations/settings of your OS.

I experimented with VDJ version 6 something way back in June 09 and then got video properly running on it then later posted it On October 9th 2009 Watchwww.youtube.com
A few months later I posted a MIDI map for everyone who is a registered Pro user of VDJ to be able download and to use to fully support the NS7 properly.
I did not however include mapping to support simutaneous support of both the NS7 and NSFX. I was planning to do mapping to use the NSFX as a selector of video FX and use the x faders on it to set the level or threshold. But honestly got lazy due to other projects I am working on which reminds me I need to fix the platter "start" and "stop" time (just need to be mapped and properly)

To answer your question VDJ for video works well. Here is a video showing a mockup of a setup I use when using Virtual DJ:
Watchwww.youtube.com

I cant post what I am currently working on (at this time) but stay tuned. But it will be definately interesting to see what Serato will release or unleash this April in it's longly awaited new version release of ITCH many rumors and speculations have been made along wth plenty comments from SeratoHQ drumming it all up.

The question still remains When and What?
When will we have it?
and
What will it have for us???? (Will it finally have video??? and 4 decks on the NS7????)

DJ.Esco™ ©
Mutis 8:42 AM - 4 April, 2011
Good work Esco!
VJ Justin Allen 11:34 AM - 4 April, 2011
DJ Esco,

You do realize that there are people on these boards that have been doing video for 7 plus years and working with VSL, Serato, computers and video issues on these boards for the last 3 years? Both of your "issues" that you talk about have been extensively covered on these boards during this time.

While it's great that you are just learning these things, spend a bit of time looking at the past work of lots of people...it might save you a bit of time.

Hopefully this helps you.

To; DjSyndic8:

You had some issues with an Itch version so now you want a feature that everyone else pays for free? Sorry, life rarely works that way. Yes, there are some issues with Itch 1.7 but before you throw everything out the door let's look at your set-up. Can you fill out the information in your profile and list the equipment that you are using?
nik39 2:02 PM - 4 April, 2011
Quote:
About my comment before It would be nice to get Itch video for free
But If I'm going to pay for a product it better be problem free
or get a refund simple as that,

I agree.

To be covered: Download the *free* test drive version. Only if it works good, go and shell out some money. Easy.
DJ_Esco 5:38 PM - 4 April, 2011
Quote:
DJ Esco,

You do realize that there are people on these boards that have been doing video for 7 plus years and working with VSL, Serato, computers and video issues on these boards for the last 3 years? Both of your "issues" that you talk about have been extensively covered on these boards blah blah blah blah ......more blah (then sits waiting for a response to male a counter coment)

(DJ.Esco™ ©◄◄◄◄◄◄◄
@ VJ Justin Allen Here is a some light for you.

Keep in mind this forum thread is not about SSL (Scratch Live nor the not the Plug-in for it VSL ) it is about ITCH and supporting Video within ITCH natively. If you had stated anywhere in your comment something along the lines "we have been running video in ITCH for... 2 seconds.. three days.. 10 years.... etc..... then I would be good with your comment. But instead I feel you missed the short buss on this one (Please READ next time)

1st. I will not touch base on the programming schemes used in ITCH vs. SSL
as these are proprietary to Serato.

However keep in mind the various versions of Catalyst drivers that are currently out there in addition to the plauseability of a generic patch that will search for calls within the program, if present will ignore, if not then will create a string to run only the call function on program launch in short create a tempoary program patch each time it is run. Keep in mind MY goal (for simplicity sake and reliability) is to not to have the end user have to go and perform tis regisrty fixes or changes in system settings you guys have had to do in the past.

By the way even though you have been doing video for 7+ years understand that Serato Introduced Video for SL on January 2008 (Just merely 3 years ago)
but while you are in here kindly explain the file transport limitiations on certain file types in addition to some of the issues encountered on some systems vs. others due to system configuration processing of decoders, plug-ins etc.................

In short please read before posting instead of being so eager jump or bash a comment or statement.

Respectfully,

DJ.Esco™ ©
VJ Justin Allen 9:55 PM - 4 April, 2011
Quote:
But instead I feel you missed the short buss on this one (Please READ next time)

Respectfully,

DJ.Esco™ ©

First off, bashing other forum member in an effort to make yourself look good is never a sign of an intelligent individual. But let's get past that for a moment.

I love how you assume that the issues that ScratchLive had do not reflect in the Itch programming. You think that they just decided to start all over and program without the benefit of all the work that had gone on beforehand? Let's get back to that one as well.

I am not sure where you are coming from concerning the...what great buzzwords did you use..."I will not touch base on the programming schemes used in ITCH vs. SSL
as these are proprietary to Serato." ah yes, this was the sentence. I am quite sure that I never asked you to explain the differences to me. But I love how you have placed yourself into the minds of the Serato Programmers and think that you actually know the difference between the two of them.

I would love to hear your thought process on the "file transport limitations" of file types. What do you actually think that means?

Last thing and then I am pretty much done with you. It's considered very poor taste to quote another poster and then change their original post. While I am sorry that seems to be the only way you feel you can make your point, it really is bad form.

Have a great day.
nik39 10:46 PM - 4 April, 2011
Wow Justin, for someone who has been spinning videos for so long and knowing so little about the technology (proofs can be found all over the Video SL forum) you are dishing out hard - too hard. Not appropriate.
VJ Justin Allen 10:53 PM - 4 April, 2011
pardon me if I don't actually take your opinion seriously nik39...with us being such good friends and all.
nik39 10:57 PM - 4 April, 2011
People can read what you post :) No need for me to "convince" anyone.
Serato, Support
ChrisD 11:24 PM - 4 April, 2011
C'mon now - let's not derail this discussion please.
DJ_Esco 9:06 AM - 5 April, 2011
@VJ Justin Allen

I guess the best way I can explain when I said "file transport" or you can refer to as a file handeling scheme by the program itself. be it "opening the file using the "original codec","a plug-in" then representing, relaying, or directly presenting the translated or decoded information. Does this make more scence to you?
------------------
I felt this was easier in its original format than having to try to explain it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------
When I said "Keep in mind this forum thread is not about SSL (Scratch Live nor the the Plug-in for it which is VSL ) it is about ITCH and supporting Video within ITCH natively." I was refering to the fact that the forum is a petition for ITCH video and not VSL.
----------------------------------------------
And when I stated "I will not touch base on the programming schemes used in ITCH vs. SSL as these are proprietary to Serato" I meat I will not go into details, refrence, make comparisions between the programs or decompile the coding used in an attempt to moddify or chage the program from its original intended form. I just thought this was a quick and short way of saying it but I guess I should of been more clear.

As far as intelligence quite frankly I dont consider myself to be bright at all ;)
BTW: This time I quoted myself hopefully I wont piss my self off and thank you for the great day comment (my day was fantastic)
---------------------------------------------

Returning back to Original Subject matter:

@ Serato
@ChrisD

Have you guys taken a count of how many thus far have petitioned?
And any new news for us???
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:40 AM - 5 April, 2011
We're listening as always Esco :-)
VJ Justin Allen 11:05 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

Returning back to Original Subject matter:

@ Serato
@ChrisD

Have you guys taken a count of how many thus far have petitioned?
And any new news for us???

I interested in that you do not see the release of the Pioneer DDJ-S1 release video, around the 9 minute mark, where they state that video for Itch will work with the DDJ-S1.

To me that either means that video IS coming or that Pioneer lied. However since Serato has not rebutted that video you have to assume that it is true.

That being the case, the petition seems a bit useless at this time...unless I am missing something?

It really seems that you are asking for a release date...which Serato has always maintained will be when the product is ready. While I have only had Itch for a short time I would imagine that they have the same policy for Itch as they do with their other products.....Release happens when it's ready and Serato does not speculate as to when it will be ready.

So, given this information, I am confused as to your petition.
I1Kirm 11:47 AM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:

Well have a look at the date of the first post (30 September 2010). Does this clears your confusion?
VJ Justin Allen 1:36 PM - 5 April, 2011
thanks ...it does, kind of. He seems to be asking the same question today that he asked back then.
Maskrider 2:00 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Well have a look at the date of the first post (30 September 2010). Does this clears your confusion?

Lol
Maskrider 2:01 PM - 5 April, 2011
Stay on topic pls.
zaguama 3:45 PM - 5 April, 2011
I need to know how to be a distributor for Serato controllers :D, when they put video-SL in there i'm gonna sell this shit like hotcakes in my country!
kraal 3:51 PM - 5 April, 2011
Hoping in three days the mods add a link to see itch video to this thread ;)
djcerla 4:01 PM - 5 April, 2011
Quote:
I need to know how to be a distributor for Serato controllers :D, when they put video-SL in there i'm gonna sell this shit like hotcakes in my country!

Video is a red hot feature at the moment, after some pretty good Top DJs performances at Ultra. Having a video plugin for ITCH would be a perfectly timed killer app.
I1Kirm 4:05 PM - 5 April, 2011
And guess what, Mixed In Key guys are about to release OneIdea, a software to easily convert audio files to custom video clips
zaguama 4:07 PM - 5 April, 2011
ohhhh yeah they been working on that for a while. let me check on that.
I1Kirm 4:10 PM - 5 April, 2011
They still in a limited beta phase
I1Kirm 4:11 PM - 5 April, 2011
When I said "about to release OneIdea" I meant sometime Q4 (according to my estimations)
E-Man 1:33 AM - 6 April, 2011
I think I need a drink after all of that... :-)
DJ_Esco 1:46 AM - 6 April, 2011
@VJ Justin Allen

I think you are refering to: The "Pioneer DDJ-S1 Controller Intro with Aeroplane" Video
Watchwww.youtube.com

He starts on 9m:06s by saying: "But one of the most exciting prospects is what's in store for our NEW Serato ITCH users in 2011. We scope for incorporating popular plug-ins like Video SL and the British partnership with Ableton on the Horizon we really can't wait to see how things develop."

Honestly the word prospect is used as well as scope. refering to 'looking foward to in the future' (would of been nice if he would of said 'definate" or simular)

BTW If you read through the product sheet for the DDJ-S1 found here on Pioneer's site: www.pioneerelectronics.com
you will see there is no mention of Video on the page. Although it does mention the words "Original functionality" refering to the current or fist version of ITCH and then follwed by the statement "Unique features" refering to song progression status LED, alphabetic search function, slip mode for looping, reversing, and scratching without changing the song tempo.
Serato has not rebutted that video due to they (meaning Serato) have stated they are 'looking' into video for scratch. Pioneer is not lying based on the fact this is prospected to be comming sometime in the near future. :)
------------------------------
Anyways you are welcome to post and share your ideas as much as you like. Just keep in mind this thread was started as a petition and I would like to maintain it as such and so would Serato (from the looks of it).

I will end this conversation with all due respect to you and the memebers of this forum including Searto by saying my apologies go out to all of you if you felt the rise of friction or anylevel of disrespect. And now may this Thread return to being a Petition as it was once, again.

Respectfully,

☞ DJ Esco™®
★♕♕♕♕★
DJ Cs 3:32 AM - 6 April, 2011
My man Dj Esco and VJ Justin Allen, I think we all want the same thing....ADD video along with other features (a faster database).

I'm at the point I just want to see the version move from 1.7.

1.8-1.9 would be great.....ANYTHING now.

Either way, I can see you two working together soon, considering he has a VJ moniker in front of his name ;)
zaguama 7:51 AM - 6 April, 2011
sorry guys, looks like we continue to wait patiently :)
zaguama 8:07 AM - 6 April, 2011
the good thing is that if the underlying architecture of ITCH is now very similar to SSL, should be fairly easy for Inklen to port MixEmergency to ITCH, just a theory, im no programmer.

This would be very good news though.
DJ Quartz 12:00 PM - 6 April, 2011
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000........ Infinity
kraal 12:44 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
the good thing is that if the underlying architecture of ITCH is now very similar to SSL, should be fairly easy for Inklen to port MixEmergency to ITCH, just a theory, im no programmer.

that would be nice......
DJ Cs 12:48 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:

Where did SERATO say this. Ive read this all over the board but NEVER from SERATO. just because it has a pretty makeover doesnt mean it has SSL underpinnings or integration.

It would be great if that were true but pure speculation at this point.
kraal 12:59 PM - 6 April, 2011
he said 'just a theory'
DJ Quartz 1:11 PM - 6 April, 2011
.....from my public beta post,

<Patois> Wha de rass uno tek dis fah </Patois>

<French> Mais qu'est-ce que c'est? </French>

<German> Was zur Hölle ist das? </German>

<Tagalog> Ano ang impiyerno ay ito? </Tagalog>

<Spanish> ¿Qué diablos es esto? </Spanish>

Nuff noise you're going to hear from me!
BadBoyChubs 1:16 PM - 6 April, 2011
I could swear the video djs are out rioting!!
DJ Quartz 1:40 PM - 6 April, 2011
DJMike_123 4:59 PM - 6 April, 2011
So we can not run SL-Video with 2.0 or at least no mention of it (I thought you said you had been listening) 2 years to beef up the interface and add effects ah well when is V3.0 coming.
DJ_Esco 8:25 PM - 6 April, 2011
LOL
Quote:
I could swear the video djs are out rioting!!

Shhhh. there are video gurus who have obtained advanced degrees specializing in unexplicable scientific phenomonas amoungst us.
DJ_Esco 8:26 PM - 6 April, 2011
Sorry I was being silly
Can I sign the petition twice (DJ With an alter Ego) ;)
Maskrider 8:48 PM - 6 April, 2011
Quote:
.....from my public beta post,

<Patois> Wha de rass uno tek dis fah </Patois>

<French> Mais qu'est-ce que c'est? </French>

<German> Was zur Hölle ist das? </German>

<Tagalog> Ano ang impiyerno ay ito? </Tagalog>

<Spanish> ¿Qué diablos es esto? </Spanish>

Nuff noise you're going to hear from me!

You got the wrong sentence on your Tagalog.................lol
DJ_Esco 4:38 AM - 7 April, 2011
Sneak peak of ITCH 2.0 to be released Q3 of 2011
www.youtube.com
Has some good features and improvments WTG. BTW no mention of Video.
BadBoyChubs 4:40 AM - 7 April, 2011
Quote:
Sneak peak of ITCH 2.0 to be released Q3 of 2011
www.youtube.com
Has some good features and improvments WTG. BTW no mention of Video.

maybe 2.1, keep hope alive!!
djpaulywood 7:01 AM - 22 April, 2011
1. Storing the video files (various types) locally on the same drive as the OS. (C:)
2. Storing the video files (various types) locally on a diffrent drive from the OS. (D:)

DJ.Esco™ ©

Have you tried using an external solid-state drive? I was thinking about trying it out since i used a usb flash drive it was working good - though i didnt play a whole nights set on the flash. i'm gonna look into your mapping too - thanks for helping out!

djpaulywood.
DJFLEX83 11:01 AM - 22 April, 2011
Very expensive.. Love to buy the 500GB
DJ Quartz 2:33 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
You got the wrong sentence on your Tagalog.................lol

Translation gone bad.
DJ Mister Alex 10:36 PM - 22 April, 2011
I getting the ddj-s1, i only work whit video and virtual dj right now, i don't wanna have to decide between ddj-s1 ans ns7 please!
MrEzekial 1:01 AM - 24 April, 2011
Maybe people just arnt saying please enough. Please add video?
DJ CMount 8:43 AM - 29 April, 2011
DJ CMount
USA - St. Louis, MO
I'd also like to see Serato begin a semi-private beta program for upcoming products & testing, as this would open the door for better testing of compatibility on various systems. I'm already in the private beta group for M-Audio (sorry guys, I'm not allowed to distribute pre-release drivers, so don't ask =] ). I'd be willing to be part of a private beta for Serato to test for bugs, etc (especially if this could accelerate the release of Video for Itch & future feature releases). I would prefer not to use the beta versions at my live gigs, but I'd be happy to test in my apartment & possibly for my internet radio broadcasts (from my apartment). Since I'm already part of another private beta program, I'm familiar with testing procedures & the feedback process. I don't want to post my email on here (to avoid spam bots), but you're welcome to use the contact form on my website (djcmount.com)...on the off chance that someone from Serato development reads this.
Maskrider 9:55 AM - 29 April, 2011
If your new to the forums chances are you might not be given that previlige.
kraal 1:44 PM - 29 April, 2011
Quote:
DJ CMount
USA - St. Louis, MO
I'd also like to see Serato begin a semi-private beta program for upcoming products & testing, .

i am pretty sure like most companies they have something like that in place
FLAKO DJ 8:10 PM - 29 April, 2011
Flako DJ
Ecuador-Biblian
DJ Mister Alex 8:20 PM - 29 April, 2011
I don't think my boss would be so happy if i tell him that i can't play video cause of itch and we have to wait for about 2 or 3 years more F##$$#k!!
kraal 11:30 PM - 29 April, 2011
Quote:
I don't think my boss would be so happy if i tell him that i can't play video cause of itch and we have to wait for about 2 or 3 years more F##$$#k!!

then what do you plan to tell him?
Maskrider 4:13 AM - 30 April, 2011
Quote:

Tell your boss to get VDJ.
DJ_Esco 6:02 AM - 30 April, 2011
Quote:

DJ.Esco™ ©

Have you tried using an external solid-state drive? I was thinking about trying it out since i used a usb flash drive it was working good - though i didnt play a whole nights set on the flash. i'm gonna look into your mapping too - thanks for helping out!

djpaulywood.

I almost hate saying this (leaves room for an uproar) but I tested solid state drives and I will say I love the data speeds. However, to my surprise I found and discovered that Hybrid drives (keep in mind as I say the following that this does not apply all brands and types) Someone pointed out the transfer rate on a Hybrid drive was actually faster so I decided to test it. I will say I am very happy with them and it cost me considerably less then going with the solid state drives.
They are currenly available in 500 and 700 GB configurations. I use 2 One for my OS and the other to keep my videos in.
Always check the cache size and transfer speeds.
DJ_Esco 6:09 AM - 30 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

@ Maskrider

or

Tell him to provide fire spitting models and high class skimmpy go go dancers
LOL
DJ Mister Alex 7:36 AM - 30 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@ Maskrider
We have all that on thursdays, my only complaint is that i just bought a piooner ddj-s1 and i can't use it!
or

Tell him to provide fire spitting models and high class skimmpy go go dancers
LOL
VJ Justin Allen 3:39 AM - 1 May, 2011
Quote:

It's not your bosses fault that you purchased Itch instead of ScratchLive. Not wanting to harp on it but, as been said many times, you should purchased the equipment that you need at the time...and not buy anything HOPING that it will do something you want it to in the future.
Dj Ace 8:45 PM - 1 May, 2011
+1000
Dj Ace 8:46 PM - 1 May, 2011
Tell your boss you f@#k 'd up and recommend a DJ that owns Video SL/ME or virtual DJ...LOL
DJ Mister Alex 11:00 AM - 2 May, 2011
Sorry i live in the virtual dj forum now!
serkan 12:19 PM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:

the British partnership with Ableton on the Horizon

Haha.
Serato and Ableton introduce... THE BRITISH!
djcerla 12:36 PM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
the British partnership with Ableton on the Horizon

Haha.
Serato and Ableton introduce... THE BRITISH!

THE BRITISH™, Tube DJ Controller for unparalleled sound warmth
Mutis 3:56 PM - 2 May, 2011
I'm still waiting the BrITCH... ;)
dj-freestyle 8:33 PM - 2 May, 2011
I would just like to hear from somebody at serato that when i buy a pioneer ddj-s1 this week that at some point i can use it for video. Im using my ttm57 and cds but would liek the option to use the plug in for itch. Am i gonn be waiting a year for this to happen. Lord i hope not.
djcerla 8:36 PM - 2 May, 2011
I strongly suggest you to buy a SSL setup and do video NOW. Video for ITCH was only hinted, not announced yet.
Maskrider 8:38 PM - 2 May, 2011
Don't buy it yet........Wait until it's implemented.
kraal 8:39 PM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
I would just like to hear from somebody at serato that when i buy a pioneer ddj-s1 this week that at some point i can use it for video. Im using my ttm57 and cds but would liek the option to use the plug in for itch. Am i gonn be waiting a year for this to happen. Lord i hope not.

i doubt you will hear that just wait till video is available if it is EVER available --- cause right now everything i read about the ddj-s1 says nothing about video
dj-freestyle 8:39 PM - 2 May, 2011
I use video for ssl but want the option at some point.
djcerla 8:43 PM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
I use video for ssl but want the option at some point.

my gut feeling is that it's coming soon, BTW if you already have SSL, just get your S1 and enjoy it.
Maskrider 8:51 PM - 2 May, 2011
I do have a SSL but I'm stil waiting to buy a VSL just the fact that I don't know If we can use VSL for ITCH.
kraal 8:59 PM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
I do have a SSL but I'm stil waiting to buy a VSL just the fact that I don't know If we can use VSL for ITCH.

no you cannot
Maskrider 9:04 PM - 2 May, 2011
Right now we can not....... I understand that but if they decide to make a different Video plug in for ITCH there is no reason for me to buy V-SL.
dj-freestyle 9:12 PM - 2 May, 2011
It better be same plug-in. that would really be a joke.
Maskrider 9:13 PM - 2 May, 2011
lol.......I feel the same way.
kraal 9:19 PM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
Right now we can not....... I understand that but if they decide to make a different Video plug in for ITCH there is no reason for me to buy V-SL.

oh i got ya .....
dj NiCk DiCk 10:36 PM - 2 May, 2011
Video for Itch would make me soooo happy haha. Ive been trying to find a way around this limitation, is it possible to set up a visualizer through midi?
kraal 11:17 PM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
It better be same plug-in. that would really be a joke.

it may be upsetting but not everyone owns both programs so really it is not that big of a deal
Maskrider 1:59 AM - 3 May, 2011
I bet if that thing happens there will be more V-SL owner getting an ITCH controller this will translate more money in there pockets......lol
DJ Mister Alex 7:51 AM - 3 May, 2011
Quote:
I bet if that thing happens there will be more V-SL owner getting an ITCH controller this will translate more money in there pockets......lol

I bought my ddj-s1 last week, i only do video using virtual dj, there's not mapers for it right now and no itch video plug in so you really gotta think about it!
serkan 11:44 AM - 3 May, 2011
I don't understand you guys.
You'll only buy a "insert ITCH controller here" if Serato makes video for ITCH?
Why go with ITCH at all?
Sure, we're always asking for (sometimes very obvious) new features all the time. But Serato never announced/assured any feature that wasn't already available.

I think with the promotional video for ITCH 2.0 it might be the first time ever that we got information on a new product that early. And does it mention video support? No!
Pene actually said that she's still coding it so for me I'm pretty sure that we won't see video in 2011. It's sad and I hope video and The Birdge (and other great things) will come asap. But this is how things appear to me at this time. And we all see the results as time goes on...
djcerla 11:48 AM - 3 May, 2011
Coding the support for a plugin is not the same as coding the plugin itself! :) That work is already done.
serkan 11:50 AM - 3 May, 2011
So where is it?
But you got my point :)
djcerla 11:56 AM - 3 May, 2011
Quote:
So where is it?

Here serato.com
serkan 12:10 PM - 3 May, 2011
Quote:

But you got my point :)

Or... did you?

I know V-SL for Scratch Live.

I was talking about the announcement of ITCH 2.0.
How it doesn't mention video.

I don't think it's as simple as "let's get that plug-in we already did and put it in the product". Sure, with V-SL they have the most things done and the know-how to go further. We all know how the future of ITCH will look because we know how SL looks right now. We just don't know when...
djcerla 12:42 PM - 3 May, 2011
It could well be as simple as that, once the modular architecture is in place.
kraal 4:41 PM - 3 May, 2011
Quote:
I'm lost umm so wheres the video function??

you are not lost when you are looking for something that doesn't exist....

and i see djcerla's point but at this juncture it isnt helping cause his recent video with the v6 is making everyone beleive he is in the 'Know' so if 2.0 comes out with no video then there will be more up road cause of all the 'hinting' towards it
djcerla 4:56 PM - 3 May, 2011
ahahah no I'm not "in the know" unfortunately. But video was hinted in the Pioneer video, and in other sources like comments in this forum.
haze324 5:01 PM - 3 May, 2011
^ that's what kills this forum. People get worked up about hints.

Sooooo, to add to that ---- there was a screen shot taken of Itch 2.0 and it looked ALOT like it had a tab that said Video next to SP-6!

=O
djcerla 5:25 PM - 3 May, 2011
How in the world speculating about hints may kill a forum? Please elaborate. To me it's exactly the opposite.
haze324 5:37 PM - 3 May, 2011
Seriously? You think it's the opposite man.

All the speculating and looking into "hints" is what has created hopeful expectations that have not been officially announced or released. Just look at the reactions when the 2.0 vid was released and there was no mention of video.
kraal 5:59 PM - 3 May, 2011
yeah but he has a point look at how many other post there has been... the forum would be empty :)
haze324 6:04 PM - 3 May, 2011
LOL!!!

EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree. Thats why I add to it and remind folks of what looked like a video tab in 2.0

Bring it on. I wanna start messing around with my NS7 some more. This will give me a reason....time to learn video. Those vids they posted Joachim were sweet.

**eyeing an NS6!**
kraal 6:30 PM - 3 May, 2011
Quote:

**eyeing an NS6!**

dj-freestyle 4:13 PM - 4 May, 2011
I bought a ns6 intead of pionner, played with both and for the money ns6 is much for for the buck and built just as well. Im a happy camper
kraal 4:19 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
I bought a ns6 intead of pionner, played with both and for the money ns6 is much for for the buck and built just as well. Im a happy camper

the ns6 isnt out yet
dj-freestyle 4:23 PM - 4 May, 2011
Sorry i ordered it after playing with one, figured people knew what i meant
kraal 4:28 PM - 4 May, 2011
i thought that till the 'happy camper' part that made me think you were using one
dj-freestyle 4:37 PM - 4 May, 2011
No just played with it and a pionner ddj-s1 and for the money and what you get. Numark was actually better and seemed just as well built. I was just suprised how much more you get for less money.
kraal 5:07 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
No just played with it and a pionner ddj-s1 and for the money and what you get. Numark was actually better and seemed just as well built. I was just suprised how much more you get for less money.

actually i think there are a lot of hidden gems in the ddj-s1
dj-freestyle 5:25 PM - 4 May, 2011
Ya im sure if i spent more time maybe. Just was a really tough choice. I know pioneer is industry standard but not being able to have the mixer 4 channles and available as a stand alone mixer really made choice easy for me as a dj who does mobile sometimes
serkan 7:44 PM - 4 May, 2011
I would bet the Numark is the better choice. With Pioneer you always pay the "club-standart-pain-in-the-ass" name. Numark just don't have the reputation of Pioneer.
Maskrider 10:42 PM - 4 May, 2011
If Numark keeps their quality up to par they might be the next club standard.

They better not screw up......lol
djcerla 10:47 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
If Numark keeps their quality up to par they might be the next club standard.

Windows PCs are the undoubtedly the "standard", to a point that Apple was about to go bankrupt in the 90's... but the "underdog" is now flourishing :) there is space for many players in any market, with very different business models.
Rad & Quick 11:35 PM - 4 May, 2011
Whats the best controller to use for video until Itch adds a plug in. Im familiar with Virtual DJ using the Hercules controller. Is there a better combo? Serato would kill the market with an Itch plug in using the V7,s especially since it seems Traktor has no interest in it.
dj-freestyle 1:32 AM - 5 May, 2011
Ya if itch gets video it will be on. Then i can use a controller at my video gigs witch would be awesome.
DJ Mister Alex 7:49 AM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
Ya if itch gets video it will be on. Then i can use a controller at my video gigs witch would be awesome.

Video mixing it's been around for about 5 years now? I didn't learn how to use vegas, final cut,after fx,cinema 4d for nothing you know! about serato scratch for midi controllers?
VJ Richard 1:57 PM - 6 May, 2011
VJ Richard
The Netherlands Ede
benictrs 3:14 PM - 6 May, 2011
dj/vj benito romania
I didn't buy itch yet just because the lac of the video plugin , i truly need such a compact tool (like numark ns6 for example) for mobile smaller gigs where it is too complicated to carry turntables and so on (in some places the dj boot is too small), i would deffinetly spend some extra $$$ for the video plugin .
+1trilion...bilon from my part for this petition.
DJ_Esco 3:48 PM - 6 May, 2011
found it
kraal 4:05 PM - 6 May, 2011
Quote:
found it

found what?
DJ_Esco 6:57 PM - 6 May, 2011
@ Serato please delete the 3:48 PM 6 May 2011 post by DJ_Esco
@ kraal this was not intended to be posted (sorry for the confusion)
dj-freestyle 8:08 PM - 6 May, 2011
Kraal have you played with both the pioneer and the numark?
kraal 8:58 PM - 6 May, 2011
Quote:

@ kraal this was not intended to be posted (sorry for the confusion)

darn i thought you found a video easter egg :)
kraal 8:58 PM - 6 May, 2011
Quote:
Kraal have you played with both the pioneer and the numark?

ask me the same question in about 3 weeks :)
DJ Mister Alex 8:54 AM - 24 May, 2011
What happen did we loose? no video?
kraal 4:16 PM - 24 May, 2011
Quote:
What happen did we loose? no video?

lose what ? this is an unofficial petittion not a 'if you dont get enough signatures it will not happen' plan
dj-freestyle 4:42 PM - 24 May, 2011
@kraal, lol lol lol lol
DJ Sergio B 6:23 PM - 24 May, 2011
Quote:

**eyeing an NS6!**

AMEN!

First proof of it - working flawless with Traktor - I'm getting that monster of a machine.

No disrespect to itch - but if the Ns6 can do Traktor - it can do pretty much every other piece of dj software - .....cept SSL. But whatever. Being that flexible - as hardware - that sucker will be my next move.
kraal 7:43 PM - 24 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
**eyeing an NS6!**

AMEN!

First proof of it - working flawless with Traktor - I'm getting that monster of a machine.

numark and traktor have made a mapper for it
DJ Sergio B 8:07 PM - 24 May, 2011
Thats what I heard - but til I see video or some sort that it works - well enough to play out with - ill be on the fence waiting.

I mean - traktor doesn't have any controller with touch sensitive platters...might get screwed there like we gpwned for having motorized platters.

But I'm hopeful! Read they might even map the Ns7...

Be still my heart! Ha.
kraal 8:27 PM - 24 May, 2011
Quote:
Map the NS7 already (Traktor, Virtualdj)!!

I'm starting to think Numark wont map NS7 to virtualdj because Serato wants the Itch video plugin
to sell for NS7!!! just a thought

!

it is not numark ---- numark is working on mapping for ns7 for traktor2 but NI needs to make some tweeks to make it work
dj-freestyle 8:38 PM - 24 May, 2011
Im suprised if numark builds a product with serato like the ns7 or ns6 that serato would let them be able to use another software with them. I no its the right thing to do but justs suprises me. seems like they would want that product only for there software
dj-freestyle 8:39 PM - 24 May, 2011
I mean ns6 has serato and itch stamped in big ass letters all over it
DJ Mister Alex 10:12 PM - 24 May, 2011
NS7,NS6,PioonerT1,S-1 etc. Are Itch B%$#@ches They won't work whit any other softwear
dj-freestyle 1:07 AM - 25 May, 2011
Ya they will. lol lol
kraal 1:09 AM - 25 May, 2011
Quote:
NS7,NS6,PioonerT1,S-1 etc. Are Itch B%$#@ches They won't work whit any other softwear

you are wrong --- cause if you think about it serato profits even more if people purchase them for other software
haze324 1:34 AM - 25 May, 2011
^ exactly.

making the mapping is not the hard part. Making the platters work with Traktor as good as they do with Itch that's what im interested in seeing.
DJ Mister Alex 3:28 AM - 25 May, 2011
Quote:
^ exactly.

making the mapping is not the hard part. Making the platters work with Traktor as good as they do with Itch that's what im interested in seeing.

That won't happen cause they won't share the documentation to the developers of vdj or traktor
haze324 4:13 AM - 25 May, 2011
yeah....thats why im interested to see it because Numark is announcing the NS6 as being released with mappings for VDJ and Traktor.
kraal 5:03 AM - 25 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
^ exactly.

That won't happen cause they won't share the documentation to the developers of vdj or traktor

it has nothing to do with serato at that point.... do you really think numark/vestax ect dont know how their controllers work? they are thinks that the SOFTWARE companies need to implement. If they choose not to do that the it is on them not numark or serato
DJ Sergio B 6:54 AM - 25 May, 2011
I've been thinking about that.... maybe in the case of the ns7, v7, ns6...maybe the software in use really isn't design to handle the large data streams those systems output...

I say this with the same breath I remember that the closest support we have to an alternate choice to itch is Vdj....

...that seems so strange to me.
Ragman 7:22 AM - 25 May, 2011
Quote:
I've been thinking about that.... maybe in the case of the ns7, v7, ns6...maybe the software in use really isn't design to handle the large data streams those systems output...

I say this with the same breath I remember that the closest support we have to an alternate choice to itch is Vdj....

...that seems so strange to me.

Remember VDJ is Cue repackaged for Numark. So it really does make sense.
benictrs 8:21 AM - 25 May, 2011
guys realy??? i'm still praying for video suport for itch because i need it i wouldnt mint spending an extra $$$ for the plugin , i need a reliable and profesional alternativ for vsl for my mobile gigs , i have 2 of those / week so i'm pretty tired of carrying 1200's & cdj-s around , so i'm getting desperate , if traktor would implement video use with their s4 i would jump right on one of those , tried vdj (the only alternative on the market that features video besides vsl) but it pretty much sucs with video & audio :(( so pls let's continue triying to convince the wizars from serato that it's quite important to implement a video plugin for itch.
serkan 12:15 PM - 25 May, 2011
Quote:

if traktor would implement video use with their s4 i would jump right on one of those , tried vdj (the only alternative on the market that features video besides vsl) but it pretty much sucs with video & audio :(( so pls let's continue triying to convince the wizars from serato that it's quite important to implement a video plugin for itch.

I'm very sure video will come for ITCH but I don't think it will happen this year.
On the other hand NI already made clear that they're not thinking into that "video direction".
But to be honest:
I don't see where that Traktor hype comes from anyway. The software is around for eons and all they have managed to do is FX, autosync, a sampler, and maybe the crappiest way of MIDI mapping ever seen. Oh... I almost forgot: colored waveforms!
dj-freestyle 1:56 PM - 25 May, 2011
@mister alex, numark already said they have made them work with those produts. Look at the website. lol lol
speedball 1:24 AM - 27 May, 2011
We just need itch to come out with video period. Hope this option is not like Dr Dre with his album detox that never comes out.
serkan 10:46 AM - 27 May, 2011
Video will come. Period.
Nobody outside Serato knows when. Period.
Fill any childish comment here. Period.
DJ DoubleR 6:00 AM - 31 May, 2011
DJ DoubleR
Houston Texas

I am joining the petition for video support!
DJ_Esco 9:45 AM - 1 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
^ exactly.

I've Already mapped the NS7 for Virtual DJ Pro 7 (There is a Midi Map available for download in VDJ downloads) Everything works.
There are videos on YouTube as well. (djesco075)
Using the NS7 to do video mixing and transitions in addition to having added a KP3 and using it as a mapped MIDI controller Watchwww.youtube.com
Old Vid Demonstrating Mic and Headphone Support plus video Watchwww.youtube.com
4 Deck Control using the NS7 Watchwww.youtube.com

But I am still waiting to see what Serato is going to give us or bring to the table....
Untill then I am working on some other avenues.
BTW (food for thought) if you analize all your files while having the SSL Video Plug-in you will be able to see the video files in your crates and you will be able to play them (the audio portion will be audiable) however you will not be able to see the video.

Also I am putting a group of local DJs in Houston and Miami feel free to hit me up on any of the following for more details if u are in the area:

twitter: @djesco
mobile: 832-798-0000
DJ_Esco 5:38 PM - 1 June, 2011
@DjSyndic8 and Other(s)

I have tested and used it with both PC/Windows 7 32 bit and 64 Bit versions (on a PC) as well as Mac OSX (Snow Leopard on a Intel Based Macbook Pro)

Running the NS7 without mapping or proper installation using the VDJ can result in performance and sound quality issues. Here are some of my findings using both VDJ and ITCH as well as PC and Mac hope this helps.

The issues I have had are the same I found in ITCH. Being the External USB Hard drive going into sleep or suspend. I have noticed that although performance may be better with larger RAM there seems to be a tendency to load the entire track or a great portion of it to memory when ever possible (as this is faster than running from the HDD) In short the issue is at times when left unattended playing and the system is not accessing the external HDD you will notice there will be a temporary freeze of the GUI (be it VDJ or ITCH) while the HDD begins to spool up to 72k RPM 54k RPM or which ever then loads cache file and is back in syncrony. which only takes a few seconds but is truely annoying.

The work around or fix I have found for this is installing an internal HDD instead of using a USB external HDD. (I eliminated my internal CD/DVD RW and replaced it with an internal HDD adapter kit to add a HDD directly in my system) and the problem I previously described is gone.

Although I managed to MIDI map for PC I have not tried on MAC just as of yet. However, the configurations for both can be found also on VDJ forums and on my Youtube video(s) I will be releasing a new version for Mac users shortly. From all the testing I have done (and anyone who knows me can tell you I will test the "B-Jezus" out of anything :) this is what I have found:

in ITCH: it is best to anylize any of the files before use.
VDJ: does not need to anylize but its best to use the built in file explorer instead of dragging and dropping from windows explorer.
BOTH: will build the wave form on loading.

As far as quality:
VDJ will play the file exactly as it is being manageable through parametric EQs and other processing available through plugins.
ITCH: Seems to change the level and pitch when performing things such as scratching (slightly enhancing the sound) <-- This reminds me of the old school days when the DJ would adjust the EQ knobs when scratching. However ITCH has no parametric EQ or ability to add additional effects at this time.
BOTH: have full control of the software EQ through on the NS7.

The problem (or glitch) I found in VDJ with MAC is when using the latest driver and firmware from Numark. Symptom is on first load of any track video or just audio will sound warbled or like underwater (you must turn the platter motor off for approximately 2 seconds) then turn the motor back on and sound quality will be back to normal. Atomix Productions (VDJ) have been amde aware of the issue and are looking into the matter presently.

BTW: I noticed Cracked and keygened Versions of VDJ have had problems with stability when others have used them.

Hope this helps.

DJ Esco
Tishica14 9:08 PM - 10 June, 2011
Thanks for this DJ Esco, I have been wanting to use VDJ for the video but the sound quality sucks so I have been using itch...looks like I have my work cut out for me to use the video feature but it looks like it will be well worth it...Thanks again!!!!
DJ_Esco 5:28 PM - 21 June, 2011
Quote:
Thanks for this DJ Esco, I have been wanting to use VDJ for the video but the sound quality sucks so I have been using itch...looks like I have my work cut out for me to use the video feature but it looks like it will be well worth it...Thanks again!!!!

@Tishica14 are you using the PC or MAC platform?
Tishica14 9:24 PM - 21 June, 2011
Mac
benictrs 9:45 PM - 22 June, 2011
+100000000000000000000 for video in itch
E-Man 10:23 PM - 23 June, 2011
I'm gonna have to look up more of your videos Esco or get contact info outside of this forum to discuss some issues farther without getting banned from this forum..
E-Man 10:27 PM - 23 June, 2011
disregard my comment about getting contact info. I just seen that you have info posted. Ha Ha.. :-)
DJ B-Quin 8:36 PM - 30 June, 2011
Yes for video on itch.
DJ Paul 1 11:28 PM - 30 June, 2011
Video before bridge
benictrs 4:19 AM - 1 July, 2011
Quote:
Video before bridge

+100000000000000000000000000000
djsampr 10:45 AM - 8 July, 2011
+1
Dj Ace 2:42 AM - 10 July, 2011
bridge before video for me...
djsampr 7:54 AM - 10 July, 2011
both a the same time lol (asking for to much) lol
dj pesh 4:51 PM - 10 July, 2011
Quote:
Video before bridge

+1
benictrs 5:37 PM - 10 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Video before bridge

+1

+1
DJ Wizard [MZ] 1:33 PM - 13 July, 2011
+1
Video before Bridge
DJ_Esco 10:30 PM - 18 July, 2011
Itch Software was Publicly released on September 18 2008 bundled with the Vestax VCI-300
then on November 28, 2008 with the Numark NS7.
Effects were later introduced by use of the Vestax VFX-1 controller developed exclusively for ITCH and the VCI-300. The controller was first released in Japan on October 16 2009 immediately followed by the public release of the Numark NSFX effects controller designed exclusively for use with the NS7.

Nearing 3 years of successful development and progress with various DJ equipment industry partners such as Numark, Allen & Heath, Vestax, Pioneer, Denon a global drum roll was created introducing new controllers and a new Version of Serato's acclaimed ITCH software.

Durring this "Drum roll" comments were made of the possibility of see new advanced features such as multiple decks, control, and.......the POSSIBILITY of VIDEO was mentioned on a video for Pioneer's latest ITCH based controller. The key word is mentioned, one should note that it was never stated how or what software would be used, meaning others who support video could make use of the controller such as Atomix Production's Virtual DJ 7 Pro software or others. But one also should keep in mind it was never directly stated by Serato that video playback in ITCH was going to be made available, although some mention(s) were made on twitter by SeratoHQ and on the Serato forums that they were looking or working on things when asked if video playback would become available in ITCH. (what exactly they were working on we will perhaps never know). Based solely on a mixture of imagination, hope and creative thinking (commonly known as "misinterpretation" ) people began to create blogs, comments saying ITCH would support Video and was being released very soon. The Ooohs and Aahhhhhhs began to be felt, the anxiety attacks that video addicted DJ were having began to reside into a state of calm, based on this new found glimmer of hope they themselves created.

On the Serato forefront a petition was started by some random unknown individual (a said DJ Esco) :)
in hopes making it publicly visible what the public wants and felt they needed. In doing so, the level wanting to have the capability of Video became remarkably clear to Serato, ITCH users, and other software developers.

In short nearing 3 years ITCH 2.0 was publicly released bringing, new features, enhancements, bug fixes, 4 deck control....and as some with better character than my own would say "NO *BLEEPING* VIDEO!!! WTF"

Wow! They must be cooking up something really good for all of us then!!!
To be continued..... So Keep Posted. ;)

twitter.com!/djesco
DDario 10:34 PM - 18 July, 2011
Ddario

Rome, Italy
bJamN 12:07 AM - 19 July, 2011
Is ITCH 2.0 available yet? Very disappointing that there will be NO VIDEO SUPPORT in this version, either. Other features sound cool, though.
Maskrider 1:08 AM - 19 July, 2011
There is no definite date on when video is coming but that's the next logical step. For everybody that has been here for awhile and waiting including me. We really can't do nothing about it until they decide when to put it in I believe it's in the works and hopefully before Christmas we get it.
controversial 2:54 AM - 19 July, 2011
cant wait 2 try it just downloaded it!
DJ_Esco 4:00 AM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
easy esco video will arrive soon but first they have to make Itch stable I've already got my eye on an i7 laptop as an upgrade

I am good no complaints here. Although I will say I was really looking forward to it in ver 2.
What I wanted to do is point out the fact that these things take time and that we (meaning the forum users) are at fault for making speculations or taking things out of context.

I short I look forward to the day ITCH will natively support video. Honestly I think it will come in the form of another hardware interface such as the NSFX and VFX-1 or it may be made only available to users of a new yet to be released controller (such as the 4 deck feature).

Honestly I don't know. Only time will tell.
Tishica14 4:41 AM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Is ITCH 2.0 available yet? Very disappointing that there will be NO VIDEO SUPPORT in this version, either. Other features sound cool, though.

Yes it is but with no video support read the forum and you will find it

Umm..am I missing something? I do not see where 2.0 is out yet. I have going to the "check for updates" through itch and the home page here on serato and no where on here do I see an option for the update, so please let me where to go for the update.
Ragman 4:46 AM - 20 July, 2011
Click here serato.com Go to the top of where the Stickys are.
Ragman 4:48 AM - 20 July, 2011
It's the 2.0 beta not the final version ...
Tishica14 5:38 PM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
Click here serato.com Go to the top of where the Stickys are.

Thank you so much, I see it now :)
dj-freestyle 9:11 PM - 20 July, 2011
They had to rewrite itch so they could handle plugins and as you see now they can so video isnt far behind. Thats the great news. Itch 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the program. I say kudos to serato.
Tishica14 9:08 PM - 22 July, 2011
Quote:
They had to rewrite itch so they could handle plugins and as you see now they can so video isnt far behind. Thats the great news. Itch 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the program. I say kudos to serato.

Good, it looks good so far; I hope video is not too far behind :)
Maskrider 12:00 AM - 23 July, 2011
Hopefully before the holidays........lol
zaguama 1:42 AM - 23 July, 2011
so i went to the source and this is what he said:

21 hours ago

edit
So, i'm just wondering if you guys will try to experiment with ITCH now that version 2.0 has a plugins architecture similar to the one on ScratchLive. A large community is waiting for this major step forward.

Thanks.

Nick
20 hours ago

No - it's not quite as simple as that unfortunately.

Hopefully Serato decides to work with them on a plugin rather than waste time with their VSL.
kraal 7:47 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:
so i went to the source and this is what he said:

you are talking about talking to mixemergancy?
zaguama 1:20 AM - 24 July, 2011
yea, the copy paste removed the Inklen portion below his name.
DJ B.A.M.N. 3:41 PM - 26 July, 2011
I would really love it if video was added to itch. I pray that this is something that they are hard at work on at serato. I am just crossing over to the vj world and as of now i will be using vsl but i own a ns7 and would really love have a option as to wich one of serato's interfaces i will use for a gig rather it be in a club or a mobile gig. I am a former VDJ user and i dnt to much care for their interface and I really want to use my ns7 to do video inside of itch
Gary Sulter 3:30 PM - 27 July, 2011
we need this, then i will crossover to itch.... (allow M.E... Please)
The Ricster 9:09 PM - 31 July, 2011
I've been a itch user for 5+ years now but considering switching to software that will allow Vjing. I hope Serato steps up to the plate before they loose a customer.
kraal 9:13 PM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
I've been a itch user for 5+ years now but considering switching to software that will allow Vjing. I hope Serato steps up to the plate before they loose a customer.

actually aslong as you dont sell you gear you can always 'join in' once itch catches up :)
Ragman 11:10 PM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:

You'll be back once they implement it.
Dj Ace 1:03 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

You'll be back once they implement it.

LOL

right...it is not like you have to buy it again
DJ Sean P 4:23 AM - 4 August, 2011
The lack of video is what is holding me back pulling the trigger with Itch. A video plugin would be great!
DJ Sean P 4:24 AM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
The lack of video is what is holding me back pulling the trigger with Itch. A video plugin would be great!

BTW, I'm an SSL user.
benictrs 2:23 AM - 5 August, 2011
ok now itch 2.0 is out , what will come next i have noticed two groups around here the ones rooting for itch video plugin and the ones rooting for implementation of the bridge , hopping video will come first . and hoping this will happen as soon as posible , i'm getting older everyday and the gear becomes more heavy after each gig :(( .
so once again +1 for video plugin in itch!!!!
DJ.Tyme 4:53 AM - 5 August, 2011
Quote:
ok now itch 2.0 is out , what will come next i have noticed two groups around here the ones rooting for itch video plugin and the ones rooting for implementation of the bridge , hopping video will come first . and hoping this will happen as soon as posible , i'm getting older everyday and the gear becomes more heavy after each gig :(( .
so once again +1 for video plugin in itch!!!!

+300 i feel you on the = i'm getting older everyday and the gear becomes more heavy after each gig :(( yup since i mobile dj by my self :-(
DJ.Tyme 4:45 AM - 6 August, 2011
@ DJSyndic8 yeah even my darn NS7 in its odyssey case is a B___h. when i do school dances & have to hoist it up on stage ohhhh boyeeee :-(
DJ B.A.M.N. 11:02 PM - 6 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
@ DJSyndic8 yeah even my darn NS7 in its odyssey case is a B___h. when i do school dances & have to hoist it up on stage ohhhh boyeeee

lol dam its hard on ya own not only carrying your stuff and also making sure no one takes your stuff
or follow you home just the usual things you gotta look out for when your a mobile DJ :)

+1000 i say a prayer b4 every gig, im always tense about certain venues and crowds....
DeeJay Galaga 9:22 PM - 7 August, 2011
+1 Video is needed on the platform. Now after stability issues have been for the most part taken care off....let's rock with Video!
DJ Bigdad 10:14 PM - 7 August, 2011
Quote:
easy esco video will arrive soon but first they have to make Itch "stable"

Is anyone asking them self y serato itch wasn't stable from the beginning? Before selling a 1300 dollar peice u would think theyd at least have it totally stable.. I have more issues with itch every show... Last show some of my playlist went corrupt. In return losing some tracks. I think there scared to compete with other softwares that already do video with ns7 (ie vdj)! Or otherwise they'd dropped it by now!
kraal 3:02 AM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:

Is anyone asking them self y serato itch wasn't stable from the beginning? Before selling a 1300 dollar peice u would think theyd at least have it totally stable.

what software is totally stable?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 3:25 AM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
No software is stable

Really? All the software I use every day could accurately be described as stable. If it weren't I wouldn't use it. And although I don't use Windows every day I would include that in the list.

Stable is not the same thing as bug-free. There's no such thing as bug-free software, but there's definitely such a thing as stable software.
Ragman 4:12 AM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
[...] Stable is not the same thing as bug-free. There's no such thing as bug-free software, but there's definitely such a thing as stable software.

Exactly. If Itch was not stable no one would buy any of these controller.
DJ Bigdad 6:31 AM - 8 August, 2011
I better understand where both partyies are coming from. But you wouldn't change a major part ( feature) of a vehicle after some one has had it working correct for 3 years. It feels alot like a mechanic, fixing something that didn't need changed. :)
I know how to pitch bend to match the next song perfectly fine so i did this during the last show. But the sync button seems to be broken sometime or all the time. The older versions would let u sync much easier. After doing many work arounds to get my system finally moving smooth, it corrupts my playlist. Note this happen before switch to see 2.0....

I guess I'm only upset because I love both numark and serato companies as a whole. I just held em to a high standard. I didnt think they would release a new version with changes to any of the features. Call me crazy but bridge or video would have been a much better feature/plugin than a new sync feature.
kraal 4:54 PM - 8 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
No software is stable

Really? All the software I use every day could accurately be described as stable. If it weren't I wouldn't use it. And although I don't use Windows every day I would include that in the list.

Stable is not the same thing as bug-free. There's no such thing as bug-free software, but there's definitely such a thing as stable software.

and if you read the people are using stable meaning bug free because they are claiming itch is not stable.
DJ Bigdad 5:42 PM - 8 August, 2011
i believe it still has bugs and have witnessed this to the fulliest. the Software has bugs on different systems and has a new sync feature that should of never been added... just my thought on the sync... it wasnt broken so dont fix it lol. what IPAD Compatibility is very nice... found it this morning... Only Problem is getting it to link up with my windows laptop... Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Ace 4:53 AM - 9 August, 2011
need to connect adhoc or over a wireless network...
Dj Judah 7:22 AM - 21 August, 2011
Dj Judah
Providence Rhode island
babek 11:50 AM - 22 August, 2011
DJ Babek
München, Germany
Yes - please give VideoSL to itch2.0

i bought me SL1 on 2006 - change it to SL3 + Video-SL in late 2010
on Januar - i change 90% off my music in Mp4 and video mixing gonna more popular

now i have more and more problems with damaged Technics Turntables in Clubs - also i get my first booking in a popular club WITHOUT working turntables and a very bad mixer
(please! i don´t want start a discusion - if clubs must have two Turntables - i talk about how it is!)
for this kind of clubs i purcase a Vestax VCI-300 MK2 - and with itch 2.0 my mp4 ist supported - i can play the sound and can do my job but i have no video support in this areas

why i can´t use my video out?
i have full purcase the timecode solutuon - i full purcase the VideoSL PlugIn - and also i full purcase the icht solution - where is the problem to give registred members a solution to use the stuff like he will do? also it is ok 4 me - to match VCI-300 with Serato and also give my sl3 box aproval on a primary usb - but it is not possible to combine each technology and make my job - the VCI Mixer don´t work - also the platter will just work with a comlicated workaround - and i must use the bad mixer in the club

just take a round in math:
Turntable ready = timecode sl3+VideoSL = Sound + Video
Turntable damaged = itch = just Sound + noVideo
Please:
Turntable damaged = itch+sl3+VideoSL= Sound + Video

give regristerd l3+VideoSL user a serato version that works with VCI300Mk3 in internModus
ore tell me how much i must paid to do my job
DJ Compute 9:57 AM - 24 August, 2011
Dj compute
Long beach, CA

I've been using the NS7 for the past year and a half with CUE 7/VDJ from the beginning. I barely know how to use Serato Itch do to fact it will not support videos so I choose not to use it. CUE 7/VDJ works fine for me with minor glitches but most importantly gets the job done. I would love to try using Serato Itch, but I need the support of videos. When Serato figures that out, I'll upgrade to NS6 from Numark. Until then I am perfectly fine using CUE 7/ VDJ.
DJ Agatón 1:22 AM - 25 August, 2011
I SIGN this petition.

Video to ITCH.

Make a bridge.

MIDI mapping and Generic MIDI device support.

I'm asking too much.

Simple video support please.

I'm asking too much.
djcrs1 4:08 PM - 26 August, 2011
Video for ITCH!!!

SF Bay Area..Philippines!!
DJ_Esco 9:56 AM - 27 August, 2011
Fact: In just 34 days @ 8:24pm it will be 1 year this thread was opened up.
Charile Wilson 4:41 PM - 27 August, 2011
I mostly only buy mp4's now, if they made it so that it played the mp3 side only it would be something.
benictrs 5:37 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
I mostly only buy mp4's now, if they made it so that it played the mp3 side only it would be something.

if i'm not mistaking itch already does this , you only have activate the video plugin in ssl while you analize your traks and then itch will see your mp4 .
Charile Wilson 5:38 PM - 27 August, 2011
What has SSL got to do with Itch?
Creshindo 6:33 PM - 27 August, 2011
Creshindo
USA Atlanta Ga
(Video Head Count)

Count me in (It's like having a Porche' with cloth seats)
DJ Soup 7:43 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
What has SSL got to do with Itch?

They use the same database file. Itch doesn't see mp4s until you put them in a crate in SSL.
Charile Wilson 7:54 PM - 27 August, 2011
To much messing about with these creates, so every time you want to add mp4's so that you can use them in itch you have to open SSL VSL and add them to a create in there?
DJ Soup 7:59 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
To much messing about with these creates, so every time you want to add mp4's so that you can use them in itch you have to open SSL VSL and add them to a create in there?

Yep. I know it sucks but that they only way it works until itch supports mp4s and video. You also have to be careful tho because itch can corrupt some mp4s when it writes to the tag so make sure you have backups. Also I've had itch crash on me a few times when it writes to the tag but this is because itch doesn't officially support mp4s.
Charile Wilson 8:01 PM - 27 August, 2011
Cheers Soup,

Although I own VSL I'm not going to do this as I'm trying to cut down on the admin and also this is beneath me to mess about like this.

Thanks for the info.
hologram 8:42 PM - 27 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Is anyone asking them self y serato itch wasn't stable from the beginning? Before selling a 1300 dollar peice u would think theyd at least have it totally stable.

what software is totally stable?

No software is totally stable
djvjgary 2:31 AM - 3 September, 2011
Video for itch would make the video itch pluggin a super saler, we all, are just waitin for that to happen but in the process virtual dj is gettin ahead of the game in video format (all formats) while video pluggin in serato can only read one format, the logic steps is to let us itch players to be able to vj and also upgrade to more video formats, avi, mpg 1, 2, hd, etc..
Charile Wilson 9:43 AM - 3 September, 2011
Let's be honest, they shouldn't of even created itch! they should of just allowed the use of controllers with Scratch Live.

They could of added the itch views/skins to scratch and everything would of been hunky dory.
dj-freestyle 4:58 PM - 3 September, 2011
They has to boys. Rane has control of scratch live for now
dj-freestyle 5:31 PM - 3 September, 2011
You can get a the 57 for about 12 or 1300 if you look enough
dj-freestyle 5:32 PM - 3 September, 2011
and if you bought a serato box , a midi controller, & a mixer witch it has all of those it would be that much really
DJ ELON H 5:36 PM - 3 September, 2011
elon hadad israel

please please give us the video sl
DJ_Esco 11:47 PM - 3 September, 2011
<This DJ no longer wants video from Serato for ITCH.
DJ B.A.M.N. 12:10 AM - 4 September, 2011
Quote:
<This DJ no longer wants video from Serato for ITCH.

y not? must of found an alternative?
DJ Cs 11:50 PM - 4 September, 2011
Dj esco, check your private message.
DJ_Esco 4:58 AM - 6 September, 2011
DJ Cs
Reply sent.
DJ Mister Alex 7:36 PM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:
DJ Cs
Reply sent.

why not dj esco?
DJ Cs 9:21 PM - 6 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
DJ Cs
Reply sent.

why not dj esco?

??
DJ Agatón 1:25 AM - 9 September, 2011
Esco, cmon maaaaan! you bakked out of yor own petition>?

I'm sleepy now.
VJ Storm 7:09 PM - 9 September, 2011
the following is directed to serato:
keep in mind on the behalf of all in this forum i am demanding an answer from SERATO.

we keep getting comments, vague indirect hints and open ended responses its time that we get a clear solid answer both deserved overdue.

we are tired of being mislead intentionally or unintentionally by statements in videos, twitter, forums and so on and now want to clarify.

1. is there a software design team, group, programmers, programmer, team or individual or individuals currently assigned by Serato which are actively creating, writing, coding, scripting for the specific intention of providing the full and complete video playback capability to Serato ITCH.

2. if NO: then why not??????????????????????? and do explain why all the vagueness and hinting that SERATO intended or intends to provide video for itch.
if YES: what is the established time line for completion of this project.
does it exceed 5 months, 1 year, 5 years, a decade, a century??????? (pick one)

we await your response.
DJ Xio 7:36 PM - 9 September, 2011
Quote:
the following is directed to serato:
keep in mind on the behalf of all in this forum i am demanding an answer from SERATO.

we keep getting comments, vague indirect hints and open ended responses its time that we get a clear solid answer both deserved overdue.

we are tired of being mislead intentionally or unintentionally by statements in videos, twitter, forums and so on and now want to clarify.

1. is there a software design team, group, programmers, programmer, team or individual or individuals currently assigned by Serato which are actively creating, writing, coding, scripting for the specific intention of providing the full and complete video playback capability to Serato ITCH.

2. if NO: then why not??????????????????????? and do explain why all the vagueness and hinting that SERATO intended or intends to provide video for itch.
if YES: what is the established time line for completion of this project.
does it exceed 5 months, 1 year, 5 years, a decade, a century??????? (pick one)

we await your response.

Hopefully sometime this year!
Maskrider 8:50 PM - 9 September, 2011
It has to be this year or early next year........lol
toasted 9:43 PM - 9 September, 2011
im not interested in the video myself, but i do hope it is actually a separate optional pluggin
itch is a resource hog as it is without something like video added making it unusable for probably 70% of users
Maskrider 12:51 AM - 10 September, 2011
Quote:
im not interested in the video myself, but i do hope it is actually a separate optional pluggin
itch is a resource hog as it is without something like video added making it unusable for probably 70% of users

70% is really high there are already a lot of them that are using Scratchlive with VSL all they are waiting
is for ITCH to have VSL right now, I might say 80% of working Djs need this capability since most of the establishments are asking for it.
DJ_Renz 3:28 AM - 10 September, 2011
DJ Renz
San Diego, CA
VJ Storm 5:54 PM - 10 September, 2011
Quote:
it makes sense to make video a separate plugin
but guys, Serato is a company they will not divulge what software they are about to release etc
until it is near the release time, because of other competing software company's,

I have no knowledge of this but it makes sense doesn't it,

just sign the petition, moaning and whining will not get a response from Serato
OK lads,

wtf??? what competition?? everyone else is walking circles around them. they seem to be the little brother walking in everyone else's foot steps or shadow. really think about it.its no whine or fuzz but they are truely half a decade behind others. the only thing keeping them alive is the fact that the software is bundled with reputable hardware names such as pioneer denon numark allen & heath which they receive royalties and proceeds from.
it does not take long to see that their way of surviving is to keep the name out by being plugged or branding the logo on the hardware mixed with tactfully designed contracts.

at dj syndic8
they should answer. they had no problem announcing itch 2.0 almost one year before and its so called added amazing features,
or vaguely stating that an itch controller can support video but left off that it is done by use of some one else's software <an excellent marketing scheme which later pissed the world off> they had no problem making misleading open ended statements on forums, twitter, youtube, namm..... all saying we are working on video, we want it too, we are looking into it, you can do video on..... <---You get the idea. all just talk or another dirty marketing strategy for publicity.

unless they come out and say something in writing on video or what ever but make it public and clear not vague or cryptic then i will respect them. i purchased an item based on what it was supposed to do and payed with the faith it would do what they claimed pardon me for sounding pissed off but i did not know businesses are now in the business of selling boxes illusions combined with empty promises.

it is clearto me serato is not the global industry standard. nor should anyone say they are, when people demand features readily available by others and they do not get them. or when they take so long to deliver a product claiming its because they want it to be perfect and when its finally released it is more so problematic or even when professional people begin to replace the software their equipment came with with another solution they consider has what they need.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
let me know if you agree
Maskrider 12:09 AM - 11 September, 2011
I think Serato is overwhelmed about the way its going considered as top of the line DVS....I bet they are working on it right now as we speak adding a video plug in for ITCH.
VJ Storm 5:56 AM - 11 September, 2011
by them not responding it just shows they don't give a a heap of monkey shit about us wanting video.

point proven........................

Quote:
Quote:
wtf??? what competition?? everyone else is walking circles around them. they seem to be the little brother walking in everyone else's foot steps or shadow. really think about it.its no whine or fuzz but they are truely half a decade behind others. the only thing keeping them alive is the fact that the software is bundled with reputable hardware names such as pioneer denon numark allen & heath which they receive royalties and proceeds from.
it does not take long to see that their way of surviving is to keep the name out by being plugged or branding the logo on the hardware mixed with tactfully designed contracts.

at dj syndic8
they should answer. they had no problem announcing itch 2.0 almost one year before and its so called added amazing features,
or vaguely stating that an itch controller can support video but left off that it is done by use of some one else's software <an excellent marketing scheme which later pissed the world off> they had no problem making misleading open ended statements on forums, twitter, youtube, namm..... all saying we are working on video, we want it too, we are looking into it, you can do video on..... <---You get the idea. all just talk or another dirty marketing strategy for publicity.

unless they come out and say something in writing on video or what ever but make it public and clear not vague or cryptic then i will respect them. i purchased an item based on what it was supposed to do and payed with the faith it would do what they claimed pardon me for sounding pissed off but i did not know businesses are now in the business of selling boxes illusions combined with empty promises.

it is clearto me serato is not the global industry standard. nor should anyone say they are, when people demand features readily available by others and they do not get them. or when they take so long to deliver a product claiming its because they want it to be perfect and when its finally released it is more so problematic or even when professional people begin to replace the software their equipment came with with another solution they consider has what they need.

+1 Billion Times agree bro its these comments that Serato needs to hear from users, I totally agree but in saying all that, DJ's have many choices out there, The Big Question Is "what makes DJ's Stay or switch to Serato" Take Virtual DJ for instance, to me that's the only worthy competition to Serato it does everything Video etc.... and yet DJ's are hangin on the hope that Serato will do Video for Itch, why not just forget Serato and use virtual DJ full stop?? If DJ's Really wanted Serato to Listen to them its like any other company, If we keep buying their Product's in the masses which is whats happening around the world, quote me if I'm wrong, Serato will dawdle along and half ass make their software, but if they see that their sales are dropping and DJ's using other software's than they will drastically, make changes and release products that DJ's are looking for like Video for Itch etc...

I Live in New Zealand the little Island that created Serato and I think Serato is listening to the complaints that DJ's address in the forums, and just recently they have been advertising in the local Ebay site in New Zealand called "trademe" for professional Program slash software developers.. I found that humorous when I saw the Add haha cause I thought it was a little late to be looking for a Professional Software developer, they should have done this a long time ago, they waited till the complaints came flooding in before Serato realized they had to do something about it,

I've said this before Serato is getting bigger and they have to adjust to this, all they will fail
Serato needs to spend big dollars, in finding someone to reinvent their product,
Because they will make that back in millions,
in the meantime constructive criticism is needed for them to listen.
VJ Storm 5:56 AM - 11 September, 2011
fuck serato !
VJ Justin Allen 4:27 PM - 11 September, 2011
VJ Storm's quote:
Quote:
i purchased an item based on what it was supposed to do and payed with the faith it would do what they claimed pardon me for sounding pissed off but i did not know businesses are now in the business of selling boxes illusions combined with empty promises.

And this right here is your problem. Never buy anything for what it MIGHT do for you...purchase something for what it CAN do for you. If you needed video then ScratchLive is your solution, and has been for 2 plus years.

Coming here and complaining and disrespecting just makes you look like an idiot...and might get you banned.
DJKelly 3:55 AM - 15 September, 2011
DJ Kelly
Milwaukee WI

Very much interested in Serato porting Video over to Itch. Considering all the other similar functionality betwen SL and Itch, it stands to reason it will happen, most especially in light of the fact that the controllers all use MIDI to map the hard controls to the software anyway. If you recall, MIDI was the key in getting Video to SL....you HAD to have either an outboard MIDI interface or a mixer that had MIDI in order to use Video SL.
Maskrider 4:23 AM - 15 September, 2011
Settle down guys there is no point for harsh words lets keep this forum clean.
DjTRAVeeTRAV 8:36 AM - 18 September, 2011
Serato ITCH Video Playback and Mixing. ASAP
VJ Storm 5:46 PM - 18 September, 2011
still no response from serato. ->weak-sauce
Quote:
Settle down guys there is no point for harsh words lets keep this forum clean.
kraal 2:37 PM - 19 September, 2011
i'm am sure the next responce from serato will be the 'it's finally here' video post from them
DJ Xio 3:58 PM - 19 September, 2011
I'm expecting an announcement within 60 minutes ;)
DJ_Esco 7:59 PM - 19 September, 2011
I would appreciate it if people would save the complaints (as they do add a level of unnecessary frustration) For clarification purposes and not in the defense of anyone (Serato and others including the hardware manufacturers) I will say the following:

By the way keep in mind I am not affiliated with Serato in any kind of way (meaning employed by them directly or indirectly nor do I have any other incentive(s) with or received. Another words I am stating this on my own accord and I will attempt to do this in a un biased manner.

If you feel you were mislead in any form or fashion through published adds (written or video) Keep in mind that many of these videos were made by the manufacturers of the devices. They are very well aware that the unit made have the full potential through software expandability and the capability to be upgraded (through firmware). Therefor when they made statements they did not lie but respectfully left out the "how to" due so for the simple fact that they (the hardware manufacturers) hold contract(s) or specific agreements with the software manufacturer.

At this point which ever is to be considered native to that device will be released by the software manufacturer. Serato has been implementing features and enhancements to their product line the majority has been based on feed back they receive from the users and business partners.

Yes video has been requested time after time and yes Serato has stated they want it too. The same happened when people demanded/requested and even those who went about in a immature manner threatened Serato for sound effects.

In short if (notice the if) Serato is working on video or releases a video plug in for ITCH this would be welcomed by many on a global scale. We all know the demand or interest for it is significantly high enough to have a positive marketing impact.
One could consider the following hypotheses if one does the whole DJ Population vs. registered users that an estimated less than 7% of DJs Globaly are registered on the Serato forums and far less are aware of this petition. But when considers the amount of registered users who have added their names to this petition and the amount of emails and calls I get from my online "how to videos" one would have to say yes there is a high demand for it.

I don't have a problem with the general consensus asking "whats going on", "where are they on this", is it really coming" etc.... or even ask for a response from Serato when done properly.

Not to bash or show favoritism but I do not condone the way VJ Storm has gone about and I hope others will not do the same. This is the key reason why I simply wanted people to add their names and locations to the petition (PERIOD)

My apologies to all for such a long posting but I felt this post was more than just necessary at this point.

DJ Esco
Dj iZac 7:28 AM - 21 September, 2011
I agree. I believe that this software (Itch) and their innovation towards midi controllers is amazing! especially for the "mobile dj," but I would MOST DEFINITELY love to see the Itch software compatible with SL-Video (Video playback mixing). I currently have the Numark NS7, and have had great progress with it, but performances would be even more amazing if I had my visuals along with the music. I would be willing to purchase a plug-in or an external device or something to be able to have my NS7 work with Itch that plays SL-Video. That would be an amazing day.
benictrs 12:52 PM - 21 September, 2011
dj benito
Europe , Romania , Timisoara definetly would be a client for video plugin for itch +2 milion
TheRealDJXXX 4:45 PM - 21 September, 2011
I have two V7's and a DDM 4000 mixer. I love itch. However I am also a VJ and I've had to switch over to a different program for video mixing. I still use itch when I'm doing audio, but that's rare in the club for me now. I will say that I find it incredibly difficult to map out the midi in the other program I'm using, which is one of the reasons I'd love for itch to get video. With my controllers being native to itch, I'm sure they'd work better with that particular software.
DJ-iFlo 4:27 PM - 26 September, 2011
Yes on Video for itch!
Vision808 7:35 PM - 26 September, 2011
+1
dj vision
Honolulu, HI
XRM5 8:29 PM - 30 September, 2011
Video SL for Itch before Bridge for Itch!

and as soon as possible!
Maskrider 1:32 AM - 1 October, 2011
Everybody is begging for this to happen once this thing happen in the near future......Mass celebration in every part of the Globe.
Kevin Allen 1:55 PM - 1 October, 2011
lets go serato video for itch already
DJ_Esco 10:54 PM - 1 October, 2011
?? Question for @SeraatoHQ:
Why can the column for "video track" be added natively to current version(s) of ITCH is there a reason for this or was this accidentally added during restructure of the program's GUI and feature support???

Just curious.
hologram 4:30 PM - 2 October, 2011
OK I would be happy if I could just get itch to recognized a mp4 in an itunes library.
What is stopping that?
DJ_Esco 5:55 PM - 2 October, 2011
@hologram

Quote:
OK I would be happy if I could just get itch to recognized a mp4 in an itunes library.
What is stopping that?

Here is how you do it:
Install ScratchLive add the Video SL plugin both downloadable from Serato.com then analyze the mp4s just as you would your mp3s in a crate.

This will allow play back of your mp4 files in ITCH (audio only)

Hope this helped.

DJ Esco
Trek 6:58 AM - 3 October, 2011
+1 for vsl in itch!!!
Redline2010 10:14 PM - 5 October, 2011
Video for Itch please. I bought my controller specifically because Itch was the program provided for it and pretty soon I will have to convert to VDJ because I need video capability's.
Please don't make me switch as I am a fan of Itch.
Racmusic 2:40 AM - 6 October, 2011
HERE HERE for video support.....For those of use that use software to it's fullest, lets get with the video part of it,,,ASAP.....Would save me from having to use 2 programs at once,,also would look a whole lot better for serato......
VIDEO,,,,,,VIDEO,,,,,,,,VIDEO.......
Maskrider 2:44 AM - 6 October, 2011
lol......I bet Serato are already testing it coz people are asking for this feature a year ago.
Racmusic 2:50 AM - 6 October, 2011
Well to be perfectly honest,,,after i get this DDJS1 paid for, I was looking at a unit to work with VDJ...It does everything i need. Serato is falling behind on this. I understand about the different versions of software,,being LIVE,ITCH,,etc,,,,,but I would expect the major features to be aval across the board. When i got this unit here I was in the understanding that i could do video with the plugin,,OPps,,guess not..1300.00 later. my bad i guess..BUT this is something i would expect anyway.
Maskrider 2:58 AM - 6 October, 2011
Everything will be released for every product but it will just take time probably it's a business move that they have it one by one.
geekinthepink 1:15 PM - 6 October, 2011
+1 DJ Trdmrk.
DJ Mister Alex 10:29 PM - 6 October, 2011
Guess what we instead of itch video we have a new[same] program Serato DJ Intro [no video what a surprise!]
Maskrider 3:24 AM - 7 October, 2011
lol
DjO' 4:02 PM - 8 October, 2011
DjO'
Central Valley/Bay Area/Sac , Nor-Cal.

I would really love to see video support. I am using a Pioneer DDJ-S1 which would force me to change my whole setup again.
dj-mike5ive 7:57 PM - 9 October, 2011
YEAH ;-) We need Video support!! I use SSL for video but i would like to see the video plugin also for my DDJ-S1!!!
hologram 8:24 PM - 9 October, 2011
Quote:
@hologram

Quote:
What is stopping that?

Here is how you do it:
Install ScratchLive add the Video SL plugin both downloadable from Serato.com then analyze the mp4s just as you would your mp3s in a crate.

This will allow play back of your mp4 files in ITCH (audio only)

Hope this helped.

DJ Esco

Unless something changed you can't see them in the Itunes crates.
Man I've been bitch'n about this for over a year....
hologram 8:25 PM - 9 October, 2011
Quote:
Guess what we instead of itch video we have a new[same] program Serato DJ Intro [no video what a surprise!]

Need a good laugh today.
DJ Henrique Berger 12:53 AM - 10 October, 2011
DJ Henrique Berger
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
mixxinmel 4:57 AM - 10 October, 2011
Dj Mixxin Mel
Davenport, Iowa
AKA Melvin Hawkins
GODJA1 10:42 PM - 17 October, 2011
WE NEED THIS
m3xic4ndiy3i 3:06 AM - 18 October, 2011
+1 Please SERATO what bout VIDEO???
placido 10:07 AM - 19 October, 2011
+1 I've been waiting for this for so long now.....
3en80n 11:11 PM - 19 October, 2011
add me up.... dj benson from china
DJKelly 11:30 PM - 20 October, 2011
DJ Kelly
Milwaukee, WI USA
DeRajj 8:12 AM - 21 October, 2011
+ 1,
I own Numark NS6, M audio Xponent and Traktor S4.
I really need Video playback with my NS6.
I am using VDJ right now.
The effects and the controls of effects with NS6 is really bad on VDJ & is nothing compared to Itch & NS6. Even the scratching is better with Itch.
So Please Serato, hope it will be here soon.
If only Torq and Traktor had Video support, even as a plug in like Serato Video SL....
iCandy 9:27 AM - 22 October, 2011
+100000000!!! Yes to Vid Support!
JamieCherish 8:33 AM - 26 October, 2011
JamieCherish
SF Bay Area
cerrie 12:50 PM - 26 October, 2011
+1
DJ RJ 2:57 PM - 31 October, 2011
DJ RJ
South Florida, USA
+1
DJ High Tower 6:11 AM - 1 November, 2011
DJ High Tower
New Jersey
+1
Abell 5:30 PM - 6 November, 2011
AbellSF

SF Bay Area

+1
Escaladesteve 6:34 AM - 7 November, 2011
DJ Steve
U.S.A. Los Angeles, CA
+1
scream team 10:09 AM - 8 November, 2011
Dj X-CITE
UK London
T Kaze 8:09 PM - 15 November, 2011
Dj T Kaze from Iceland. We want Video Mixing.
DizlC 9:18 PM - 19 November, 2011
Add me to the list. i would love to mix video with my ns7
dj lashes 1:18 AM - 20 November, 2011
i would love it video mix would be super just thinking would itch crash before you finish a mix so much people having problems without video .....
djallstyle 3:13 AM - 22 November, 2011
Add Me!! Please add asap!!
dj Mikkilla 9:07 AM - 22 November, 2011
Video..
+1
E-Man 9:24 AM - 22 November, 2011
lately, I've been having so many crashes with itch that I don't want to begin to think about how it's going to be when the video patch arrives. With the new release of itch 2.0 I now fall under the minimum specs requirement. Having to shell the extra $$$ to play video in a town where the clubs aren't going to pay me extra. Let's just say, I've pretty much given up hope or the wanting of the video patch release.

I don't have a problem using regular ssl with video mixing. Not one single freeze up. I was issue free for a while until the release of 2.0. I have even ditched 2.0 and gone back to 1.7 and I'm still locking up. My lock ups seem to be only on video files. :-( For now, I'm pulling my name from the want list, until I can figure out why I keep locking up. Sorry.
fiolas 2:23 PM - 23 November, 2011
It`s possible to play video with NS7 by using Virtual DJ Pro. So it`l be better for itch to creat such a plugin asap if serato doesn`t want users to leave Itch. It`s obvious, I prefrer Itch, and i hate vdjpro, but they give us no choice in fact...

Anybody knows if/when they are going to create video plugin for itch ?
fiolas 2:31 PM - 23 November, 2011
Fiolas
Poznań / Poland
+1
Dj Cerberuss 7:33 AM - 28 November, 2011
I own Numark NS7
i love serato itch
I am using mixtrac pro w/ Virtual DJ Pro to play videos

PLEASE
video plugin for itch
benictrs 7:57 PM - 29 November, 2011
ns6 in my case i would love to see video plugin for adleast 2 chanels in itch(i would definetly pay for that) , or as an alternative a serato ssl & vsl maping for using the ns6 like hid controler together with my sl3 or sl4 sondcard.
Dj CalyCaly 9:58 PM - 29 November, 2011
i used numark cue to play videos too but i need to close itch n is a mess man i hope this people make video fast i'm ready to just start using other programs n they wont say when that suck i'm my self willing to pay for video just bring it out!!!!!!
paris007 4:59 AM - 1 December, 2011
yes, we need ITCH with the VIDEO SL plug in!
DJ Quartz 1:21 AM - 2 December, 2011
+1
DJ_Esco 7:48 AM - 2 December, 2011
↑ :-) a familiar name..
DJ_Esco 7:49 AM - 2 December, 2011
Quote:
↑ :-) a familiar name..
(Referring to Quartz)
DJ Quartz 7:52 AM - 2 December, 2011
:), How you doing man?
DJ Quartz 7:57 AM - 2 December, 2011
Talking about this, now that VSL is 50% off, there is a discussion about whether it's 'just' a sale or they are trying to get more users on VSL to aid the next gen release.

I just made a comment in that thread that VSL could be rebranded as Serato Video Live which would be a cross compatible video plug-in for SSL & Itch, just like the SP-6 is.

I was also looking at my NSFX and thinking they could create a next generation NSFX that had the FX controls but also the 57SL panel redesigned to fit on it as well.

That would provide the controls for Video Live and DJFX in Itch making the suite complete.

I know this is specific to the NS7 but the other Itch controllers would require the same re-work apart from full midi support for 3rd party controllers of course.
DJ_Esco 5:02 AM - 5 December, 2011
Quote:
:), How you doing man?
Pretty good and busy as __________! < (Not complaining) Been in the works lately doing some production, events/mini tours and cross promotion plus the usual. BTW I have 2 Bookings in Canada for December 2011 therefore may get an opportunity to hangout before I return home to the U.S.
: )
Sorry I haven't touched base with many of you. (I think I need slow things down some to catch up some of my friends and family)
czr69 12:28 AM - 30 December, 2011
way to get the ball rollin. its just another great tool,video,to have in your arsenal
dj-freestyle 4:52 AM - 30 December, 2011
They extended sale till jan 19th. First day of namm :)
Dj Ace 6:11 AM - 30 December, 2011
Quote:

Wonder why? hmmm...
dj lashes 2:53 PM - 30 December, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Wonder why? hmmm...

lol hummmm
phatbob 3:04 PM - 30 December, 2011
There is clearly going to be an update for VideoSL at NAMM, that much is obvious.

Don't go getting all excited about video coming to Itch yet though guys, you might be disappointed.

Considering that 2.1 is still in beta and that doesn't have video... You could be waiting a while yet.
dj lashes 3:05 PM - 30 December, 2011
Quote:
There is clearly going to be an update for VideoSL at NAMM, that much is obvious.

Don't go getting all excited about video coming to Itch yet though guys, you might be disappointed.

Considering that 2.1 is still in beta and that doesn't have video... You could be waiting a while yet.

I agree with you bro
dj-freestyle 4:13 PM - 30 December, 2011
Well usually they talk about stuff at namm and it takes another 4-6 months before we get it so maybe they will just announce it for next update . we can only hope
serkan 9:22 PM - 30 December, 2011
Quote:
Well usually they talk about stuff at namm and it takes another 4-6 months before we get it so maybe they will just announce it for next update . we can only hope

AFAIK they only did that once with ITCH 2.0?!
Culture Clash 9:32 PM - 30 December, 2011
Culture Clash
Wisconsin, USA

I'm already a VJ in the style of mixing original clips to the music and not playing music videos just to let you know what I'm about.

How about this,
I think more would be done to get video by letting the hardware manufactures know of your feature needs than telling Serato. I believe the Itch is licensed to the controller manufactures by Serato so rather than having Serato try to sell the video features expense to the manufactures, You tell your controller provider that this is what you want. Then they will be more open to the idea and they will tell Serato that THEY want this.

Another thought I have is that I would rather see ITCH working in a better state with its current feature set than to add something new. Especially the EFX. For the $170 for the simple (cheap to make) Numark NSFX, The EFX on ITCH should be usable. At present they are crap. Look at what is available in the market and tell me that the EFX are up to the level.

Fix that first then add video.
Maskrider 12:10 AM - 1 January, 2012
The idea of having Video with ITCH is something that has been passed their minds probably years before it's inception......It's just a waiting game. The only possible Reason why they have not implemented Video is the fact that there might be a conflict of interest between Rane and SERATO's Newly branded ITCH.
Dj Darlin Fresh Prince 12:08 AM - 4 January, 2012
I'm using the pioneer ddj-s1 and i'll like to mix video with serato itch because in my club i have all the necessary to mix videos and want to use it ... !!! PLEASE SERATO MAKE US HAPPY !!!
DJ Kos 4:41 AM - 4 January, 2012
NAMM is going to be interesting this year.
curt flirt 4:50 AM - 4 January, 2012
I would love to have video on Serato Itch!! It would move more member from Traktor and VDJ to Itch due to Serato DJ rep. Hands down Serato will be the number one DJ application with ninety percent of the market.
DJ Kos 5:04 AM - 4 January, 2012
Video for itch would perfect. They would be crazy not to do it. They lose so much money by not having this. I am sure they are already aware of how much they actually lose out because of them not being able to supply the market with a program that works with controllers. I guess we will find out in a few weeks if that's what they have been working on.
djbagz 10:31 PM - 4 January, 2012
i got a feeling 2012 we will get video !!
Maskrider 3:08 AM - 5 January, 2012
Quote:
i got a feeling 2012 we will get video !!

I hope so........lol
DJ_Esco 7:44 AM - 17 January, 2012
ITS OFFICIAL: (Per the Serato Website)
Serato States in March 2012 for $149.00 you will have video for ITCH and SL decked with all new features and enhancements.

DJ Soup 7:45 AM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
ITS OFFICIAL: (Per the Serato Website)
Serato States in March 2012 for $149.00 you will have video for ITCH and SL decked with all new features and enhancements.

Finally!
DJ B.A.M.N. 8:21 AM - 17 January, 2012
thank god
m3xic4ndiy3i 8:23 AM - 17 January, 2012
uauuu! thnx!
BadBoyChubs 11:09 AM - 17 January, 2012
U all see that there were listen, all the cussing and fighting can be put to rest!

Now this makes the VDJ vs ITCH more interesting after march! lol
DJ B.A.M.N. 2:29 PM - 17 January, 2012
now the anxiety starts lol
Dj Darlin Fresh Prince 9:06 PM - 17 January, 2012
can't wait fot that !!!!! wow finally :D
serkan 9:32 PM - 17 January, 2012
Is it March yet?
serkan 9:33 PM - 17 January, 2012
What about now?
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:35 PM - 17 January, 2012
Quote:
Is it March yet?

Sadly, no.

New Zealand is in the future but we're still stuck in January too :-(
Maskrider 3:09 AM - 18 January, 2012
I knew it that Video is coming March is just a month away.
benictrs 3:15 AM - 18 January, 2012
I bet it will be end of march beginning of april :(
Maskrider 3:28 AM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:

You just let me down again................lol
DJ B.A.M.N. 3:35 AM - 18 January, 2012
Now lets hope the good folks at serato give us a beta to play with or a lot of cool videos from namm to hold us over....... feeling like a kid on christmas eve
Maskrider 3:48 AM - 18 January, 2012
NAMM is Christmas Eve for us kids.
nik39 9:28 AM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:
NAMM is Christmas Eve for us kids.

+1
serkan 5:49 PM - 18 January, 2012
Quote:

I don't care if it will be March or April. Damn I would even consider May!
The last time Serato announced a future product with a given date was ITCH 2.0 which sucked baaaad. I don't want to wait another 0.1 version jump until I can use a new product!
DJ Mister Alex 12:04 PM - 23 January, 2012
Bye bye virtual dj i'm gonna miss u!
BadBoyChubs 12:32 PM - 23 January, 2012
Quote:
Bye bye virtual dj i'm gonna miss u!

I said my official good bye since 2010, lol
Not missing it at all!
DJ Cs 6:08 AM - 24 January, 2012
Hmmm....What will DJ Esco do after this bomb drops?

Sounds like this thread is closed.
benictrs 6:54 PM - 24 January, 2012
Quote:

Dont know about Esco but i feel that sooner than imagined we will start complaining about things . Like the lack of features and options that we have with the new serato video , that ME has this and has that . . . no 2 deck view for the ns6 and because of this the video plugin uses almost half the screen , only 2 deck video playback in 4 deck controllers in itch (or no 3 or 4 deck video even for sl3 or sl4 in case of ssl ), not possible to connect any type of midi device to control the functions of video plugin in itch :) and so on , and so forth . . .

P.S. so happy about the little step done by serato crew in the big world of video dj-ing , hoping that they will not take another 2 year holiday after releasing this "new" plugin :))
DJ_Esco 4:24 PM - 29 January, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Dont know about Esco but i feel that sooner than imagined we will start complaining about things . Like the lack of features and options that we have with the new serato video , that ME has this and has that . . . no 2 deck view for the ns6 and because of this the video plugin uses almost half the screen , only 2 deck video playback in 4 deck controllers in itch (or no 3 or 4 deck video even for sl3 or sl4 in case of ssl ), not possible to connect any type of midi device to control the functions of video plugin in itch :) and so on , and so forth . . .

P.S. so happy about the little step done by serato crew in the big world of video dj-ing , hoping that they will not take another 2 year holiday after releasing this "new" plugin :))

To answer your question:
Test and test...... and more testing. Then Mix and mix and more mixing, some production mixed with some travel and plenty of shows. If you want to keep tabs on me you can always
follow @DJEsco on twitter.

BTW: I am glad to see all the proactive responses Serato has given to the requests of its users and the foundation they have established leaving room for future expandability within its program environment(s) This is something which definitely makes it obvious to all of us the professional users there is and will be more to come. :)

Thank you Serato.
Go Dj Intl Curtis G 5:40 AM - 6 February, 2012
Go Dj Intl Curtis G
this is what we are waitn for some more features to take it to tha next level also it will be nice to use the dicer with the itch also respect to all Dj's in this forum
DJ_Esco 8:04 AM - 7 February, 2012
In order for the dicer to function one would have to MIDI map by creating your own "link to command in relation to the controller's control on key press or movement" by use of a third party software. This has been done and achieved although not natively supported by ITCH at present.

This is a definite plugin request we have been making aside to Video in ITCH.
DJ B.A.M.N. 8:16 AM - 7 February, 2012
what about supporting the use of twitch and the V7s at once like in this vid.. youtu.be
DJ_Esco 2:58 PM - 7 February, 2012
You can do this as long as the device provides the same midi note(s) which are assigned in ITCH.
Keep in mind although not the original intention this should work using any ITCH firmware based device. Due to the software 1st initializing or authenticating a ITCH based product then only seeking midi information afterword(s)

There are others which have used midi translators to make other devices work in combination to running their ITCH controller(s).

Hope this helps.

DJ Esco
VJ Storm 6:17 PM - 20 February, 2012
((((((((((((----HAPPY BIRTHDAY and THANK YOU DJ ESCO ----)))))))))
btw did Serato give you anything cool for your Bday??? Itch video?? controllers?? ???????????????????????
Dj Darlin Fresh Prince 9:47 AM - 29 February, 2012
There's no a precise day for the release of serato video??
DJ Soup 10:32 AM - 29 February, 2012
It's already in public beta if you want test it out
Dj Darlin Fresh Prince 10:41 AM - 29 February, 2012
yea i got it but there's a text "DEMO MODE" that i want to get out .. I need to perchouse that key??
DJ Soup 10:44 AM - 29 February, 2012
oh I already had a video-sl key so they upgrade it over to the new serato video key. I guess if you don't already have a video-sl key then you might have to wait. Sorry I didn't think about that since I came from being a video-sl user.

BTW, I ran serato video with my ns6 last night and it ran pretty smooth all night!
Dj Darlin Fresh Prince 10:54 AM - 29 February, 2012
I'd use it with my ddj-s1 and is awesome and ran smooth to me too.. !!
DJ B.A.M.N. 11:14 AM - 29 February, 2012
where is the beta anybody got the link
DJ_Esco 3:51 AM - 1 March, 2012
+1
magfox131 4:05 AM - 2 March, 2012
Hurry up make it fast im tired of using my VDJ for videos i want the SErato ITCH video, its a month of March now but still im waiting for it!!
phatbob 5:25 AM - 2 March, 2012
You maybe need to pay a little more attention to the forum. Specifically the sticky post about Itch 2.2 and Serato Video being in public beta.
DJRuKo 4:26 AM - 7 March, 2012
Now That we have Video For ITCH and after purchasing the Plugin . I get the unpleasant surprise that my Intel Graphics card on my Dell XPS L501X doesn't have compatiblity to run Video using Serato Video 1.0... Now What?
DJRuKo 7:27 AM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Now That we have Video For ITCH and after purchasing the Plugin . I get the unpleasant surprise that my Intel Graphics card on my Dell XPS L501X doesn't have compatiblity to run Video using Serato Video 1.0... Now What?

good time to upgrade to a mac:)

Yea I know too bad I dont have the funds for a new laptop at this moment unfortunately..
DJ Mister Alex 8:54 AM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:

Mac is your best solution, i did it last year an i haven't look back cheers
phatbob 11:11 AM - 7 March, 2012
DJRuKo, I just read the specs of your Dell and it says it has a 1gb NVidia GPU, so it totally SHOULD work.

I would post a report in the beta area if I was you.
Kyeair 9:09 PM - 10 March, 2012
DJ Hollywood
Cincinnati Ohio

I read online that itch would have video in march but we are still waiting. This ns7fx was not cheep so come one stop dragging yall feet
DJred24 11:14 PM - 10 March, 2012
LOL I guess Kyeair doesn't read nor check the forums.
Kyeair 8:08 AM - 11 March, 2012
okay you got me before today I have never read a form so yes you're correct so if you have to answer that I could not find let me know.and if this is the dj red I think it is you know a drunk aint s_ _ t.
DJ_Esco 8:20 PM - 24 August, 2012
Please close thread to avoid further confusion ;)
Maskrider 11:00 PM - 25 August, 2012
What's next?......Good Efx
Kyeair 3:59 AM - 19 October, 2012
Sorry evryone dont read the fourms much anymore unless i have issues been super busy
DJ Agatón 5:12 AM - 25 October, 2012
GRACIAS a DJESCO y SERATO may video na.
DJ_Esco 3:55 AM - 14 December, 2012
DJ Agatón
Con Gusto y De Nada.
DJ Bigdad 11:19 PM - 23 January, 2013
DJ ESCO - Thanks for pushing for this years ago lol. Has anyone pushed for bridge with serato itch? maybe plus video? - for a year or more we waited for the ns7 and they kept saying they would release it. Then it took a while before we seen video. Personally Its something i am doing now and have thought about getting more into. Currently using ns7 with nsfx plus miditranslator to akai mpd 32 = live cue sampling. If I remember right bridge doesnt work with itch correct?
DJ_Esco 4:47 AM - 24 January, 2013
To all...
Thank you all for your supportive comment(s), emails, calls etc.....

In closing (of this thread) I will state the following:
My goal (past and present) has been to get companies to implement expanding technologies into their products in order to effectively serve the clients found within their target market(s).
I call it Virtual 1:1 (One to one) Marketing. By selling a product and allowing the end user to take full advantage of both, feature sets being sold as original with a delivered product and combination with empowering the end user to make use of possible capabilities it may have.
It's like selling someone a tool designed for a specific use yet finding it replaces every tool known to mankind.

Keep in mind in order for this to work effectively both the Marketing Teams and the Design Teams both have to have this concept from the start.

ITCH did what it was intended to do and for the most part did it very well. However, as this thread clearly points out, there is still more the general consensus would want out of their software and hardwares. For this reason I believe Serato decided to release Serato "DJ" which replaces the ITCH software.

We live in a time where DJs, VJs and more... continuously push the envelope with the products we use and strive to find creative ways to express our creative talents with the equipment we elect or choose to use in our performances and craft.

@Bigdad
I personally haven't seen a release of Serato Bridge for ITCH but this Spring Serato DJ should have additional code allowing the support of the NS7 and NS7FX controllers. This is not to say that Bridge will be incorporated (as allegedly promised by Serato in past discussions) but will allow some forms of easy Midi mapping (to my knowledge).

For years my favorite phrase I used to say during any product launch was:
"Long live those Software and Hardware Developers and Long live wealth of the "Consumers" who enrich their minds by soaking them with the very ideas they will in turn sell to us in a display and form of their most gracious gratitude" -DJ Esco:.

I guess what I am trying to say is that good companies will always listen they receive from the audiences they are trying to market to.

Only time will tell.
DJ Bigdad 6:51 PM - 24 January, 2013
Quote:

We live in a time where DJs, VJs and more... continuously push the envelope with the products we use and strive to find creative ways to express our creative talents with the equipment we elect or choose to use in our performances and craft.

Only time will tell.

I agree with what ur saying 100% when i get done making a track i like to push it threw my mix on the tables. - I like to think of my turntables as an instrument and not a way just to play music. - As we live in a time where everyones pushing the bar i must continue to do the same but at a higher level that that. currently using iPad for production and akai mpd32 as trigger pads but it seems like theres a lacking force to push itch so it at least connects with ableton. - and i dont even know ableton but would pick it up easy after a couple months of practice. (used reasons, flstudio, adobe audition, protools, logic)

what serato needs to do a video where they teach the importance of midi coding and then more dj's would understand if you know how to do some side programs or a lil midi coding you can achieve so much more functions. I wanta be able to add live vst or vsti plugins to vocals during live shows. ITs a good time and idea to beef up serato.
DJ_Esco 10:28 PM - 24 January, 2013
Welcome to Serato DJ (The New Replacement for the old Serato ITCH software) which now includes MIDI mapping support in addition to added features previously unbeknownst to the "ITCHY" generation.

Download link: serato.com

Native Serato DJ Support Schedule of pulled from: serato.com

It is to my understanding that the upgrade is free for all Native ITCH based controller users, in addition to being bundled with Newer Serato Collaborations like the Pioneer DDJ-SX (which was made publicly available) and Numark NS7 II (soon to be publicly released) for which I would not mind performing a thorough review of.
It is to my understanding that other brand names and Serato DJ collaborations are scheduled to come in the near future for 2013.

As far as the NS7, the only catch is according to publicly disclosed information (currently posted on the website) it will not be activated or controllable by NS7 based controllers until Spring 2013 this may be shortly before or after the public release of the reinvented feature packed NS7 branded as the "NS7 II" which features velocity pads, 4 channel deck control, built in effects controls all which seem to be the new standard for Serato DJ bundled controllers in addition to its Motorized platters so many fell in love with.

Photo of new controller can be found here: www.djesco.tv

Other options I have seen used with NS7 may not allow use with Serato Bridge. However, will allow "complete or full custom" midi mapping are products such as VDJ Pro which also does video (and has done so since the early beginnings of digital DJing) or Traktor Pro (which does not support video and has not to date stated they plan or intend to include such feature set)

You can always download Serato DJ to familiarize your self with it. In Essence it has all the features of ITCH (except the "played" track text turning green which was a good indicator that you played that track already, now it turns a "very slightly" detectable "grey" color.) In addition it combines the major features found within Scratch Live including Midi Mapping.

Feature Preview or "How To" MIDI map in Serato DJ. Web link here: Watchwww.youtube.com

Hope this answers your questions in detail.
(Feel free to link this thread so others can use if you found it beneficial)

DJ Esco:.
DJ Bigdad 1:47 AM - 25 January, 2013
Well nice. After doing some research i added my name to be informed of when the release comes out for the ns7 Spring 2013? how bout march 20th? that'd be sweet. im looking forward to that! So your saying i could use my mpd32 and midi map the device to serato and control lets say the effects nob and so forth. hell my ns7fx is breaking ever so slightly.
Maskrider 3:50 PM - 25 January, 2013
Spring is a long ass time specially if your a working Dj....Well what can we do if reliability and stability is the priority.
DJ Bigdad 10:33 PM - 13 August, 2013
Glad to see serato dj: We all have been petitioning for video support, freedom with midi mapping and an iPad app. All I can say is finally and how thankful I am that serato has listened to the community of dj's who have been pushing for these features since day one! BIGUPS TO the new IPad app it really goes hard!
DJ_Esco 2:51 PM - 17 August, 2013
This was merely the beginning

More new things to come.... (I have a list of features/enhancements) Stay tuned.
DJ Bigdad 2:41 PM - 20 August, 2013
and as i say something, a new set of plugin/fx are released for download. Im really glad to see the pro controllers getting there day in the light with all these upgrades.