Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Rane Turntables

LiamDNicoll 3:53 PM - 16 March, 2010
Hi all,
I think it would be a great idea for some company to design vinyl turntables with midi buttons and even a screen on them displaying the wave form. Either Rane could team up with vestax/stanton/technics to make a hybrid turntable or do it on their own. This is a product that I would definitely buy and it could also save the art form of DMC. I seen I Dee using the NS7 - very disappointing, a sad day.
susan28 10:41 PM - 16 March, 2010
I tried the ns7 and thought it was pretty cool, didn't hiccup on me, only complaint was it was limited to two platters, even if you go with separates (V7). Were there a 3-turntable version (with larger platters maybe, but i was surprised how natural the 7" felt) i'd prolly have given ITCH a shot.

I love the idea of Rane Serato decks, would be cool if they had passthru for analog but the same type of direct-coupled connection to Serato that the NS7 has to ITCH for improved latency - though that connection would probably mean the tonearms were only used with analog and control would be HID-ish like ITCH? that'd be kinda weird, but useful. BUT unless and until Serato implements the "static waveform/moving bar" feature i suggested, we'll still have only the control vinyl to give us an at-a-glance idea of where we are in the track (though it doesn't show us breaks, so my feature is still necessary imo).

So i guess what i'm describing would be a sort of Serato/ITCH hybrid deal, but i'd definitely jump on the deck you're describing, and it would give new options to those who want keyboard-free control but aren't happy with any of he currently-offered Serato mixers and would prefer to use their fave analog one for now. Nice one.
Dj Knockout101 2:36 AM - 17 March, 2010
Yea, we need a new industry standard on vinyl since Techs are no longer made
DJDDT 4:33 AM - 29 March, 2010
I LOVE the NS7's, but I'm such an old dog, I don't wanna leave turntables. Rane would be the absolute truth if they came up with the new turntable standard!
Black Science 2:16 PM - 29 March, 2010
If you search the forums here you will find many threads over many years requesting this very piece of equipment. As a matter of fact, here are some concept images that were submitted ages ago:

i825.photobucket.com

i825.photobucket.com
Barber 2:08 AM - 27 April, 2010
It would definitely have consist of a 12" platter. An actual record preferably,with jog adjustment.
DJ Bully 9:15 AM - 28 April, 2010
I have 3 Tecnics 1210's But would love to upgrade to something like this.

+999999
LiamDNicoll 7:52 PM - 28 April, 2010
Im only really interested in turntables with tone arms
AKIEM 12:21 AM - 29 April, 2010
Black Science 7:03 PM - 29 April, 2010
Quote:
Im only really interested in turntables with tone arms

Those already exist and have for decades (ie: Technics SL-1200MK#). What we are wanting/needing/discussing discussing is evolutionary from turntables with tonearms.
Dio 3:21 AM - 26 May, 2010
I think that moving up the evolutionary chain could be beneficial to the DJ, and Rane, no tonearm would equate to no more vynil/needle wear, scratched up vynil, skipping due to vibrations.

But with Itch, that base is covered.... However a Rane specific Midi type controller would be nice, especially if it kept the 12" vynil form and feel.. Call it a digital controller with analog tactile interface.

Do it up! Oh yeah, keep them at a reasonable price too.... tech's are like $700 these days
LiamDNicoll 5:11 PM - 27 June, 2010
My prayers have been answered. The Novation Dicer!!!