Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

The New DDJ-1000SRT Is Here! **The Official Unofficial Announcement**

Raef 4:01 AM - 1 August, 2019
Hi all,

With rumours and photos being recently leaked, it's been unofficially sourced that the new DDJ-1000SRT will be announced on the 11th - 16th August at the DJ Expo 2019.

After reviewing the following pic, this is what we should expect from the new DDJ-1000SRT: i.imgur.com

PLAYER Section

- In/Out buttons don't have x1/2 or x2 next to In/Out words on top but instead have been moved to the Shift+In/Out functionality
- Buttons underneath the Browse knob is identical to the layout of the DDJ-SX3 (Back, Load Prepare, View, Area).
- 'Slip Reverse' on DDJ1000 will be renamed to 'Censor' on DDJ1000SRT
- 'Beat Sync' button on DDJ1000 will be renamed to only say the word 'Sync' on DDJ1000SRT
- 'Shift' button is rectangular like the DDJ-800, not round like the DDJ-1000
- Pad modes are Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer, Sampler (except there's no markings for Saved Flip, Edit Grid or Velocity Sampler text similarly found on the DDJ-SX3)
- Jogwheel displays will include no waveforms, BPM will be displayed on the top, Time elapsed/remaining will be displayed on the bottom, Key will be left and +/- pitch on right, deck 1/2 will be white and deck 3/4 will be blue.
- There's an eligible button/function above Shift button - TBC

MIXER section and OTHER notable differences

- No 'Release FX' under blue effects on button
- Silver/Chrome browse caps, cue/play buttons, volume faders and pitch faders
- 'Serato' logo above the left jogwheel
- 'DVS included' logo above the right jogwheel
- 'DDJ-1000SRT' logo on left side of the Xfader
- 'Serato' logo on front plate next to headphone jacks

Everything else not mentioned above remains the same from the original DDJ-1000.

Please note, this is all unofficial and deciphered from the linked picture above but I think it's fair to say that the controller we all wished and begged for will be here soon.

Feel free to write below your thoughts on the new DDJ-1000SRT, if you notice any other changes from the original DDJ-1000 or what you believe the button above the 'Shift" button is.

All leaked images to date:
i.imgur.com
i.imgur.com
i.imgur.com
i.imgur.com

Raef
Raef 5:32 AM - 1 August, 2019
Some additional things i've noticed:
- Above and below 'Key Sync'/ 'Key Reset' buttons there are secondary functions
- Under Search buttons there's two separate functions (most like going to Previous Track and Next Track as shown as <| and |> )
- Jogwheel displays won't show artwork
- Bottom of Jogwheel displays will have the word changed from 'Beat Sync' on the DDJ1000 to the word 'Sync'. Left and Right words 'Sync' and 'Master' will need to be confirmed on the DDJ-1000SRT when released.

That's all I can decipher for now, i'm still stumped as to what the button above "Shift" will be.
SG SOUNDS 10:12 AM - 1 August, 2019
If it's the same shitty soundcard like its other family controllers I could care less, Pioneer have to improve on thier controller soundcards, make it sound as good or even better than the Denon and Roland controllers.
Raef 10:32 AM - 1 August, 2019
It will be the same sound card as the DDJ-1000, supposedly the sound is better than a DDJ-SX3 but obviously will not be to the same quality as a DJM-S9. Denon, Roland, Pioneer, Rane, etc all have different sound productions and personal preference will decide which controller/mixer you're attracted to.
SG SOUNDS 11:05 AM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
It will be the same sound card as the DDJ-1000, supposedly the sound is better than a DDJ-SX3 but obviously will not be to the same quality as a DJM-S9. Denon, Roland, Pioneer, Rane, etc all have different sound productions and personal preference will decide which controller/mixer you're attracted to.

Imo the DJ 1000 sounds exactly the same as the SX3, heard them both many times
Raef 11:27 AM - 1 August, 2019
You could be right, when the music pumpin', it all sounds the same to me :P
SG SOUNDS 11:34 AM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
You could be right, when the music pumpin', it all sounds the same to me :P

On large systems no, they dont
Raef 11:43 AM - 1 August, 2019
Anyway, back on topic, time will tell if the DDJ-1000SRT will surpass sales of the original DDJ-1000 with Serato integration.
popnwave 2:30 PM - 1 August, 2019
Super cool, once I see it in person I think I will be upgrading.
Djkom 2:50 PM - 1 August, 2019
Raef 3:04 PM - 1 August, 2019
Quote:
www.instagram.com 😉

Fuck yeah!! 😊😊😊
Raef 3:22 PM - 1 August, 2019
Raef 3:27 PM - 1 August, 2019
DJ Ceez 11:30 PM - 1 August, 2019
On the original DDJ1000 the round button is the shift button and the rectangle button underneath is the memory button.. it looks like Adj/Slide (adjust and Slide?)
IDK
DJ Tecniq 6:06 AM - 2 August, 2019
I guess no one knows how to read...

“Serving as a 4-channel controller for Serato, the DDJ-1000SRT boasts dual USB ports for simultaneous connection of two laptops, a Magvel crossfader, and two full-sized CDJ jog wheels with dedicated beat jump buttons nearby. Centered in each jog wheel is a full-color LCD, displaying the BPM, vinyl/slip mode, deck number, time, and more. Sixteen RGB performance pads make functions such as Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer, and Sampler instantly available, and DJM-style Beat FX with 14 FX types enable more creative expression. Each of the four mixer channels features an input selector, trim, 3-band EQ, and Sound Color FX. Plus, there's a dedicated mic channel with 2-band EQ and support for two microphones. To top it off, Pioneer added support for specialized features such as Key Sync, Key Shift, and Key Lock.“
boo-lee 8:46 AM - 2 August, 2019
Looks like a great pro level controller ("real" CDJ jogs, "real" DJM effects, dual USB ports, dedicated mic channel ...).

I don't see much added value in the dual LCD screens however.

A more useful LCD screen for me would be a central screen that also displays the (horizontal) wave forms and cue points.
Telony Ex 12:33 PM - 2 August, 2019
Cross fader curve adjust missing.
Chino 6:40 PM - 2 August, 2019
Quote:
I don't see much added value in the dual LCD screens however.

I thought the same thing until a friend brought over his DDJ-1000 running Rekordbox. The screens are VERY USEFUL with the jog wheel tracking indicator, bpm, key & time remaining. The indicator is really accurate especially for beat juggling! (shhhhh, don't tell Serato but I was kinda feelin' Rekordbox too?!). Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there will be a wave form display on the jogwheels for the Serato version.

Quote:

Yup. That is really disappointing!! It can be done in the software but its just not the same.
CMOS 3:12 PM - 3 August, 2019
I dont think ive moved my fader curve since i got my mixer, always set to as sharp as possible.

Do you guys really adjust it that much for it to be an issue that its software only?
Chino 3:58 PM - 3 August, 2019
Quote:
I dont think ive moved my fader curve since i got my mixer, always set to as sharp as possible.

Do you guys really adjust it that much for it to be an issue that its software only?

Good point! I'm just use to having a physical adjust on my Rane 72, Roland DJ-808 etc.
dj_soo 8:28 PM - 5 August, 2019
Quote:

Possibly be in the software like on the rekordbox version
AdamW 8:42 PM - 5 August, 2019
Quote:
If it's the same shitty soundcard like its other family controllers I could care less, Pioneer have to improve on thier controller soundcards, make it sound as good or even better than the Denon and Roland controllers.

this is why I sold mine. very harsh sound.
dj_soo 4:30 AM - 6 August, 2019
Pioneer doesn’t care about sound quality. Their major success shows that most djs also don’t care.
DJ Tecniq 4:37 AM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:
Pioneer doesn’t care about sound quality. Their major success shows that most djs also don’t care.
I would agree with this however some of the top djs in the world use their gear. Their build quality and brand name i think are what keep them in the spotlight. But i agree when you compare other brands to Pioneers sound it’s like a breath of fresh air from something different that sounds nothing like Pioneer gear.
Mr. Goodkat 8:51 AM - 6 August, 2019
top djs arent using controllers, the high end stuff is fine. You're not gonna get analog depth, but great for digital stuff
Mr. Goodkat 8:52 AM - 6 August, 2019
really i don't know why people expect top quality audio out of a 1000$ controller.

And if they did make a top quality sound controller, it would be 3-5k and everyone would bitch.
DJ Tecniq 8:56 AM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:
really i don't know why people expect top quality audio out of a 1000$ controller.

And if they did make a top quality sound controller, it would be 3-5k and everyone would bitch.
Good point but even the other brands like Roland, Denon even Numark around $1000 sound better. I’m surprised no one at Pioneer was like...our controller audio is shit other companies sound better...lol will never happen.
Mr. Goodkat 9:16 AM - 6 August, 2019
i think if people were playing lossless files on quality systems it would be fine.

bad mp3s thru bad soundsystems are always gonna be inferior.

i personally dont care unless im playing decent music, all the pop and hip hop i play is garbage 99% of the time content and audio wise
SG SOUNDS 11:10 AM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:

Played alongside a dj Sunday who was using a sx3, I was using my Roland dj808, after my set the dude walked up to me and asked what gain/software settings was I using in serato because he noticed my set audio was sounding way more punchier than his and both controllers was hooked up to the same sound system.

That just goes to show that most Pioneer users are so use to that blanketed sound from Pioneer controllers when they do hear the sound quality from (example) a Denon or Roland controllers they are shocked
DJ Tecniq 4:31 PM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:
Played alongside a dj Sunday who was using a sx3, I was using my Roland dj808, after my set the dude walked up to me and asked what gain/software settings was I using in serato because he noticed my set audio was sounding way more punchier than his and both controllers was hooked up to the same sound system.

That just goes to show that most Pioneer users are so use to that blanketed sound from Pioneer controllers when they do hear the sound quality from (example) a Denon or Roland controllers they are shocked
This is exactly how i felt when I bought the Mixars Primo I couldn’t believe how greater the sound quality was from there I was convinced that Pioneer may be industry standard but they really lack in sound quality and it takes a lot for me to admit that because I have bought nothing but Pioneer gear.
dj_soo 5:36 PM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:
top djs arent using controllers, the high end stuff is fine. You're not gonna get analog depth, but great for digital stuff

People who care about sound quality want more than just "fine."

Pioneer gear has never sounded great - even their top end stuff - most people don't care.

Quote:

Roland doesn't seem to have a problem making a top quality sounding controller for ~$1200 in the 808. Even the $600 Mixars primo sounds great for a controller by all reports.

Pioneer's long-standing issues with sound quality and it has absolutely nothing to do with the cost. Hell, numark gear sounds better than a lot of Pioneer gear - controllers or otherwise.
SG SOUNDS 8:13 PM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

This is exactly how i felt when I bought the Mixars Primo I couldn’t believe how greater the sound quality was from there I was convinced that Pioneer may be industry standard but they really lack in sound quality and it takes a lot for me to admit that because I have bought nothing but Pioneer gear.

Well unfortunately they are the industry standard, everywhere you go you see thier controllers, but come on now Pioneer dont have a sense of pride for customers who buy thier products? If they would upgrade thier soundcards in future controllers they would knock it out the ballpark.
dj_soo 9:19 PM - 6 August, 2019
I don't think they care because people keep buying their products.

Or worse, they are incapable of making gear that sounds good.

Again, only a minority care.
Mr. Goodkat 9:32 PM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer gear has never sounded great - even their top end stuff - most people don't care.

Quote:

Roland doesn't seem to have a problem making a top quality sounding controller for ~$1200 in the 808. Even the $600 Mixars primo sounds great for a controller by all reports.

Pioneer's long-standing issues with sound quality and it has absolutely nothing to do with the cost. Hell, numark gear sounds better than a lot of Pioneer gear - controllers or otherwise.

disagree, the djm 900s nxs2 and cdj 2000nxs2 sound very good the 900 and 2000nxs sound above average if used with lossless files. I'm not a pioneer fan at all, but powered speakers and bad soundsystem installs are the weaker link imo
Mr. Goodkat 9:37 PM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

the rolands and the primo has had its share of problems, so maybe they cut corners at other stages other than the sound. Pioneer probably has the most cost in marketing, so im sure thats baked in to choice.

Im a Rane fanboy and rock a 62 & 64 and i do think rane has a much better sound, but thats just my opinion. Most djs cant tell cuz they arent playing on proper systems enough to tell and the over all ergonomics of a Pioneer mixer are better IMO as well.
SG SOUNDS 9:40 PM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

disagree, the djm 900s nxs2 and cdj 2000nxs2 sound very good the 900 and 2000nxs sound above average if used with lossless files. I'm not a pioneer fan at all, but powered speakers and bad soundsystem installs are the weaker link imo

We are mostly talking about the controllers
dj_soo 10:17 PM - 6 August, 2019
I don’t think the nxs mixers are great either.

The 900nxs2 is much better than the previous gear, but pioneer has a very obvious sound signature with exaggerated highs and mids and comparatively thin lows that they can’t seem to escape from regardless of the level of gear.

It sounds a lot worse on their controllers tho.
CMOS 10:29 PM - 6 August, 2019
Its genius level marketing to make the cheaper devices not sound as good.

Someone goes to a festival, they hear great sound, they think they need to upgrade to what that guy was using. They dont realize there is a ton of FOH processing going on to make it sound good. They just know DJ so and so sounded great and he uses the CDJs and NXS2, so thats what i need.

Now they just sold you the cheap device and the highest priced item they sell. There is no monetary reason for them to make their cheap controllers sound as good as their primo high end stuff.
Mr. Goodkat 10:40 PM - 6 August, 2019
Quote:

The 900nxs2 is much better than the previous gear, but pioneer has a very obvious sound signature with exaggerated highs and mids and comparatively thin lows that they can’t seem to escape from regardless of the level of gear.

true, and thats what im saying is that the controllers for the most part are cheap 1000$ isnt what it was 10 years ago. Do some companies pull off better sound quality at a lower price, yes, but I still think people are asking for quite a bit for their money.

Overall, you get a pretty solid package for the price, somewhere along the way corners are gonna get cut, build quality, sound quality, or both.

Look at the highest end gear, its expensive and the boutique stuff is even more expensive (of course due to production run but also due to quality control).

Im sure if that rane 72 was made in the states, it would have been 20-40% higher
Raef 7:09 AM - 8 August, 2019
It's now official and out:
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
boo-lee 7:22 AM - 8 August, 2019
1399 $ ???
Raef 7:58 AM - 8 August, 2019
Retail should be 1339 pound according to Crossfader Youtube channel but retail link i've found so far says 1399. = AUD$2500 = USD$1700
DJ Tecniq 11:52 AM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
Retail should be 1339 pound according to Crossfader Youtube channel but retail link i've found so far says 1399. = AUD$2500 = USD$1700
It is only $1300 usd
DJ Tecniq 12:24 PM - 8 August, 2019
Full review by Mr. Miyagi
youtu.be
DJMIYAGI 5:16 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
Full review by Mr. Miyagi
youtu.be

That's not me ;)
djrz 5:05 AM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:

I see you mention AUD. I was curious what it would go for here.

BUT - I've been told by Pioneer Australia (today) that the DDJ-1000SRT will not be available in Australia.

This is after a long and irritating series of communications I had between them and Pioneer DJ telling me one thing then another.

I had been looking at getting an SZ2 but couldn't find stock.
Pioneer Australia told me they were not focussing on Serato. They would now focus on Rekordbox. So no more SZ2 or hi end Serato controllers from Pioneer in Australia.

Pioneer DJ told me that's not right... just wait and see...
The 1000SRT drops. Ok looks cool.
I ask Pioneer Australia - so when's it hit stores?
They say "Sorry it won't hit stores in Australia..." What the?

Does anybody really know what is going on?
Mike Sinclair 5:55 AM - 9 August, 2019
I don't need 4 channels. I would jump at a DDJ-800SRT though!
DJ Tecniq 8:05 AM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:
I don't need 4 channels. I would jump at a DDJ-800SRT though!
im in that exact same boat. I don’t need something that big and w/t-tables or cdjs id have a lot more space to work with on the ddj800. Would be bad ass if the 800srt is featured at dj Expo and thru surprised us. Dude they would crush sales with both units.
DJ Tecniq 8:05 AM - 9 August, 2019
Thru = they*
DJ Tecniq 9:53 AM - 9 August, 2019
Just got offered $200 discount for preorder on the ddj1000srt. Not sure I want to be an early adopter just yet but what an amazing deal. I’ve been reading on the Pioneer forums and seems some users are having issues w/the original ddj1000...so I’m being cautious.
Djkom 10:06 AM - 9 August, 2019
What will be the added value of having a DDJ 800SRT compared to the DDJ SR2 and SX3 ???
If we follow the price range, a DDJ 800SRT will cost as much as the SX3, with less features...
Remember that the DDJ 800 doesn't have hardware FX either dual usb soundcard.
DJ Tecniq 10:59 AM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:
What will be the added value of having a DDJ 800SRT compared to the DDJ SR2 and SX3 ???
If we follow the price range, a DDJ 800SRT will cost as much as the SX3, with less features...
Not worried about dual usb i don’t play with other djs so that’s not a main concern. The 800 does have 4 on board color fx and beat fx. Not sure what the 800srt will offer but I’m sure it will be something similar if they release it.
DJ Tecniq 11:01 AM - 9 August, 2019
SR2 also does not have jogwheel indicator like the ddj800. I have the Mixars Primo also which has jogwheel indicator and personally love it compared to my SR2 i can do so much more technically regarding the jogwheel playhead.
DJ Tecniq 11:14 AM - 9 August, 2019
I just prefer 2 ch. 4 ch is overkill i hardly see djs using more than 2 ch’s anyway. The only 4 ch I used to have was a DJM 700 and was cheaper then a Rane 57 at the time as i was getting into video mixing. Before that I was always on a 2 ch battle mixer i like the convenience and space to work with so I have a DJM S9 now. My SR2 has been my main rig and has been rock solid but i think I’m going to sell it if a ddj800srt releases. I hate SDJ fx and having to browse through fx to choose an fx through the software is annoying and the echo out always sounds like shit most the time. I’m picky lol
deejdave 1:24 PM - 9 August, 2019
Truth be told I would have opted for a Ddj-800srt over the 1000 but I don’t have much confidence there will be one and IF there is I am not willing to wait. My last hardware purchase was literally the NXS2 setup so saying I am aching for some new toy is an understatement. Nothing wrong with being an early adopter. Even IF there is an issue/s they do fix it and u r still guaranteed to be up and running faster than if you wait for others to be the test dummies. Just don’t let this be your only solution is all but that is just common sense......
Djkom 2:14 PM - 9 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Not worried about dual usb i don’t play with other djs so that’s not a main concern. The 800 does have 4 on board color fx and beat fx. Not sure what the 800srt will offer but I’m sure it will be something similar if they release it.

Unfortunately, all DJ 800 FX are software FX...some people are bitching about it at this price.
I don't need 4ch controller too. Mixar primo could have been my weapon of choice but when I read the issues users have (jogwheel calibration and resistance, colorFX...) so I'm holding my credit card 😅.
Telony Ex 4:41 PM - 10 August, 2019
There will soon be a mapping to add sdj fx to the pads. Radikarl where u at man. I know its possible because the reloop neon dows it out of the box
deejdave 7:27 PM - 10 August, 2019
One can already map/remap the pads themselves for FX or whatever they please. Also a little bit of xml editing goes a long way :) A quick way is to take the xml file from hardware that already employs intended behavior and start from there.
DANGERUST 6:55 AM - 12 August, 2019
DJ Tecniq 8:04 AM - 12 August, 2019
Quote:
youtu.be
Was just about to post this. The loop function is not very convenient but I’m sure that could easily be midi mappable.
RR437T 12:17 PM - 12 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Imo the DJ 1000 sounds exactly the same as the SX3, heard them both many times

I have the 1000 and the SX2 and they both sound the same. I don't have sound quality issues with either, but you do have to have them set up properly. Controllers are not separates. They don't work the same way.
RR437T 12:30 PM - 12 August, 2019
I saw some pics of the 1000SRT, and it looks almost exactly the same as my 1000. The displays on the jog wheels don't look the same. Either way, I don't know why Pioneer made the controller this way. Its not laid out for Serato. It would have made more sense to upgrade the SX3 then to just map Serato to the 1000. (At least, this is how it looks to me. I haven't used the 1000SRT so I may be wrong.)
SG SOUNDS 1:26 PM - 12 August, 2019
Quote:
youtu.be

The BEST non bias review thus far that shows how much Pioneer half ass this controller...If you own a sx3 or sz2 and think the 1000srt is some major upgrade look at this video first

Denon and Roland owners dont even bother, your controller is far superior #facts
BOOGIEFROMCUR 1:59 PM - 12 August, 2019
I miss one option that nobody talks about. Correct me if I am wrong. How would you connect other pioneer players in HID mode? This in order to operate four or three players. There is NO inbuild USB hub or USB "input" for this? You are forced to connect through "analog" inputs and that would mean that you cannot have four players access your content through your laptop.
deejdave 2:42 PM - 12 August, 2019
Nobody speaks of it because there is nothing to speak about. It connects to your laptop and mixer (or rather doesn’t) the same exact way you would in any other HID application and it functions as it would with any other mixer/controller with four channels.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 3:41 PM - 12 August, 2019
So Dave, let me be clear that I asked to "correct" me as I CANNOT do a real test if it works that way. I do not want to assume.
Question..Did you test if it works or did you 'assume"? Like so many deejays "assumed" that the XDJ version 2 would work with SERATO?
It baffles me that Pioneer still does"half work" again..meanwhile Denon understands it clearly well..WHY not put two usb "inputs" for their own gear like XDJs or CDJ"s to have a easy connection, less clutter etc. Or for deejays with a external serato harddrive.
Maybe you "think" (as many others) that people do not want to talk about Pioneer deficiencies but with a option like an inbuild USB HUB with at least 3 USB connections specifically for outboard gear) and of course combined with triple software functionality (Serato, Recordbox and Tractor) many clubs on a tight budget could ditch their old set-ups and be happy to please all type of users WITHOUT the hassle of powered hubs and loose wires in the deejay booth. Please let me the results when you do a real life test on my question.
deejdave 4:13 PM - 12 August, 2019
Just putting it out there assuming the Xdj version 2 (assuming you mean xdj-1000mk2) would work with Serato is/was a pretty poor assumption as there was never any implication they would be. Regarding HID the only devices it does not work with (as intended) are devices that use HID themselves and motorized platter (Roland 808, Numark ns7 etc) support.serato.com and you can use HID with all from the original ddj-sx to the numark dj2go and everything in between. Stating you would be forced to use analog inputs is as wrong as it gets as this is literally impossible with Serato and HID devices. Their sound cards (cdj’s, XDJ-1000,etc) aren’t even supported with Serato for this to be possible if you wanted to. They are all connected via usb and this is the direct opposite of analog. From their it is the device itself that will act as the interface. Yes you must use a hub but some are fortunate to have newer MacBooks which employ four usb-c ports in which case you can use usb-c to usb cables and no hub is necessary at all but let’s be honest if you are looking to used HID you have moats likely been using hubs all along. While a built in hub is cool it is by no means a necessity.
deejdave 4:15 PM - 12 August, 2019
I will have in a few days and can post a “proof video” but trust that the only variable would be if they decided to go the HID route with this controller. Not impossible but very unlikely. Would be a welcomed change though as the latency is traditionally improved hence the Dj-808’s extremely low latency.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 6:16 PM - 12 August, 2019
Quote:
I will have in a few days and can post a “proof video” but trust that the only variable would be if they decided to go the HID route with this controller. Not impossible but very unlikely. Would be a welcomed change though as the latency is traditionally improved hence the Dj-808’s extremely low latency.

Thanks for the answer Dave
RR437T 9:11 PM - 12 August, 2019
Quote:
So Dave, let me be clear that I asked to "correct" me as I CANNOT do a real test if it works that way. I do not want to assume.
Question..Did you test if it works or did you 'assume"? Like so many deejays "assumed" that the XDJ version 2 would work with SERATO?
It baffles me that Pioneer still does"half work" again..meanwhile Denon understands it clearly well..WHY not put two usb "inputs" for their own gear like XDJs or CDJ"s to have a easy connection, less clutter etc. Or for deejays with a external serato harddrive.
Maybe you "think" (as many others) that people do not want to talk about Pioneer deficiencies but with a option like an inbuild USB HUB with at least 3 USB connections specifically for outboard gear) and of course combined with triple software functionality (Serato, Recordbox and Tractor) many clubs on a tight budget could ditch their old set-ups and be happy to please all type of users WITHOUT the hassle of powered hubs and loose wires in the deejay booth. Please let me the results when you do a real life test on my question.

Your concerns are valid, but I think Pioneer is doing this for a reason. Rekordbox is getting popular now, and Serato is competition. Serato can't force Pioneer to do anything and its not in Pioneers best interest to make controllers for Serato that perform as well, or better than their RB units. In my above post I commented on how odd it was for Pioneer to release the 1000 as a Serato controller. I have the 1000 that I bought for RB. I wouldn't want to use it for Serato. The layout isn't optimal. Just like RB my SX2 doesn't work quite as well as Serato does. If Pioneer wanted to make a better Serato controller, they could have started with an SX3 as a base, and upgrade from there.
I mentioned elsewhere that I think its time for Serato to partner up with another company and start making their own hardware. Denon, NI and Pioneer are all doing it and its working for them.
SG SOUNDS 10:19 PM - 12 August, 2019
Quote:
If Pioneer wanted to make a better Serato controller, they could have started with an SX3 as a base, and upgrade from there.

Exactly, but many are clueless to realize this, to most it's all about "wow a new pioneer serato controller? take my money now"
popnwave 10:26 PM - 12 August, 2019
Quote:
Exactly, but many are clueless to realize this, to most it's all about "wow a new pioneer serato controller? take my money now"

You think you're the only customer out there? I personally don't want another SX model, that's what I have. I wanted bigger platters but not need to get the SZ.

If you're not the target, move on and stop bitching, there are plenty of other controllers out there.

Ya'll are like a bunch of old ladies at this point.
SG SOUNDS 11:11 PM - 12 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

You think you're the only customer out there? I personally don't want another SX model, that's what I have. I wanted bigger platters but not need to get the SZ.

If you're not the target, move on and stop bitching, there are plenty of other controllers out there.

Why because I'm speaking the truth??? gtfoh
deejdave 2:11 AM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Honestly took the words RIGHT out of my mouth.............. minus the last part which was a little unnecessary but I am SOOOOOOOOO sick of the SX/SZ/SB/SR model. It has truly been played out. Here's an SX............ with one more USB input. Heres an SX............ with colored pads. Here's an SZ ............. with I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ADDED to the SZ2 (off hand). We were due for something new. Truth be told numbers speak volumes and opinions are like ............. well you know the saying. If you don't want to be part of the new controller stick with the older DDJ controllers and there is nothing wrong with that. They are like that trusty plow horse that just always works but I would be lying if I said this controller is actually pumping some new blood into my DJ life which has been a bit stagnant the past few years Ya know with the exception of my trusty DDJ-SX9 which added a cup holder if I remember correctly :)
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:02 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ADDED to the SZ2

Post fader FX was added
Chino 12:43 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:
its time for Serato to partner up with another company and start making their own hardware. Denon, NI and Pioneer are all doing it and its working for them.

Maybe Serato can build on the partnership they already have with Roland? Personally, I would LOVE a standalone SERATO embedded controller with larger ULTRA low latency Roland jog wheels!!
popnwave 2:34 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:
Maybe Serato can build on the partnership they already have with Roland? Personally, I would LOVE a standalone SERATO embedded controller with larger ULTRA low latency Roland jog wheels!!

I'd love an 808 sized controller w/o the sequencer stuff and bigger platters, but that is Roland...
Robbie O 5:09 PM - 13 August, 2019
New Controller Alert: ROLAND DJ-707M

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Youkai 6:02 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Nice Controller.. Maybe open a new thread instead spamming? 😂
DJ Tecniq 7:36 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
It’s whack...no jogwheel indicator. Every dj needs this nowadays too bad they cut corners to save money. 1000srt is better but i bet the Roland sounds better👍🏼
SG SOUNDS 8:51 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
It’s whack...no jogwheel indicator. Every dj needs this nowadays too bad they cut corners to save money. 1000srt is better but i bet the Roland sounds better👍🏼

its a controller that's geared towards mobile/wedding djs, with that being said it has excellent features that geared towards mobile/wedding dj's all in a very small and compact package.
It was made to compete more with the Mixars Primo and other smaller controllers not the Pioneer dj100srt, Roland has the dj808 for that
SG SOUNDS 9:11 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

its a controller that's geared towards mobile/wedding djs, with that being said it has excellent features that geared towards mobile/wedding dj's all in a very small and compact package.
It was made to compete more with the Mixars Primo and other smaller controllers not the Pioneer dj100srt, Roland has the dj808 for that

Well I'll be dammed, after looking at the review video I will dare to say this little controller has more features than the 1000srt minus the jogwheels
DJ Tecniq 9:46 PM - 13 August, 2019
The Mixars Primo is the only 2 ch controller that’s out with a full 100mm pitch slider that alone just baffles me. It’s so convenient to have cause I’m always fiddling with the SR2 and the pitch slider cause when you have 50% of a pitch slider it’s more fidgeting to get the bpm spot on with the Primo this is never an issue. I actually enjoy my Primo more than my SR2 as a 2 ch deck.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:56 PM - 13 August, 2019
1. No jog wheel indicator (target market may not need this as much)

2. The short pitch seems like an oversight to that demographics. As they most like play a lot of classic stuff. Add the usual +/- 5 Roland pitch fader deadzone, then you have even less pitch.

3. I wonder why they skipped the USB hub. That would have been super cool. Especially since it’s a Roland.

Other than that, it’s still looks quite formidable and packing loads of goodness.

I will buy it for the mics and size alone.

Super compact and will make a nice travel unit.
SG SOUNDS 11:31 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:
3. I wonder why they skipped the USB hub. That would have been super cool. Especially since it’s a Roland.

It has dual USB hubs
Djkom 11:33 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

It has dual USB hubs

Dual usb INPUTS, not HUB ...
SG SOUNDS 11:36 PM - 13 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It has dual USB hubs

Dual usb INPUTS, not HUB ...

ok
Raef 4:46 AM - 14 August, 2019
Quote:
I've been told by Pioneer Australia (today) that the DDJ-1000SRT will not be available in Australia.

DJRZ, I called up Pioneer Australia myself and confirmed with them that the DDJ-1000SRT will be released in Australia by late September.

To any DDJ-1000SRT owner, once you get your unit, can you please help confirm if you can midi map the In/Out buttons to 1/2 / 2x mapping. So in other words, can you make the primary buttons be secondary and the secondary buttons be primary in the In/Out part of the controller?

Thanks.
DJ Tecniq 5:30 AM - 14 August, 2019
Great in-depth review on the 1000srt.
youtu.be
dj_soo 5:44 AM - 14 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

makes up for it with the 3 discrete outs - each with it's own assignable EQ, multiband compressor, and limiter as well as the assignable internal feeds to independent outs. This controller will allow you to not have to bring a mixer or processing rack losing out on minimal features.

And of course the roland sound quality.

Not really for me tbh and the jog wheel indicators is definitely a must have for me, but the majority of DJs who are going to be interested in this aren't going to be scratching and that's the main draw for platter indicators.
Djkom 7:14 AM - 14 August, 2019
Quote:

To any DDJ-1000SRT owner, once you get your unit, can you please help confirm if you can midi map the In/Out buttons to 1/2 / 2x mapping. So in other words, can you make the primary buttons be secondary and the secondary buttons be primary in the In/Out part of the controller?

Thanks.

Another proof this DDJ 1000SRT has been silly designed by Serato 🤦🏾‍♂️

What's the point of having In/Out actions when a loop is engaged ??? Using Shift + In/Out to 1/2 or 2x a loop is just the most annoying thing I've seen on a controller 😠.
I think SDJ has reached its limits...we can't expect more.

Serato seems more focused on Serato Studio 😔.
DJ Tecniq 7:42 AM - 14 August, 2019
I’m waiting for a 2 channel deck w/Pro features and a bit bigger than the Primo. The 4 ch market is just beating a dead horse. For now my Primo is perfect.
DJ Tecniq 7:46 AM - 14 August, 2019
Curious though. Does the hardware fx/color fx still function with analog playback (non-Serato)?
DJ Tecniq 7:46 AM - 14 August, 2019
^ on the 1000srt. Typo*
Serato, Support
Mike.C 8:55 PM - 14 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I've been told by Pioneer Australia (today) that the DDJ-1000SRT will not be available in Australia.

DJRZ, I called up Pioneer Australia myself and confirmed with them that the DDJ-1000SRT will be released in Australia by late September.

Thanks.

Hey there, I can confirm that the looping buttons are remappable so you could change the function from in/out to half/double as you specified.

It's also possible to remap shift functions for a controller.
PFFABG 9:56 PM - 14 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Hey there, I can confirm that the looping buttons are remappable so you could change the function from in/out to half/double as you specified.

That’s great news. The default looping on the SRT seems so awkward to use.

Will it also be possible to remap the ‘4 beat loop’ button to simply be an auto loop button? My current workflow is to set the loop length with the roll pads, and then hit the auto loop button.

Can you also confirm whether holding the shift button and moving the top of the jogwheel still cycles through a song? (Same behaviour as on the DDJ-SX2)

Thanks
Serato, Support
Mike.C 10:03 PM - 14 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

That’s great news. The default looping on the SRT seems so awkward to use.

Will it also be possible to remap the ‘4 beat loop’ button to simply be an auto loop button? My current workflow is to set the loop length with the roll pads, and then hit the auto loop button.

Can you also confirm whether holding the shift button and moving the top of the jogwheel still cycles through a song? (Same behaviour as on the DDJ-SX2)

Thanks

Yes, you can remap almost every control on the device, there's only a few that are usually blocked, shift button, deck select buttons, pad mode buttons and platters.

And yes, shift + platter touch = platter skip.
djrz 12:39 AM - 15 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting. Who did you call/speak to? (I really would like to know)

Pioneer Australia confirmed with me as recently as yesterday that it will not be coming.
I also asked 3 dealers in two states who have also said Pioneer have advised them 'it's an international model not for Australian release'.
I've tried to get a straight story out of Pulse on the Pioneer forums and latest response was each region is different and it may be there own decision... (I don't know who Pulse speaks for - Global? Japan? DJ?)
Maybe they are still all acting in confidentially as if it's hasn't launched yet in AU? Trying to build hype? Who knows...
Just seems like marketing/dealer channel/distribution/comms are not very well aligned...
Interested if anyone else here is from Australia too...
Dj Youkai 8:06 PM - 15 August, 2019
Man.. I already know someone that got his today.. And I'm So Jealous, cause mine is coming in late Next Week. Oh the Agony of Waiting.. I Want My New Toy Now 😭😭😭
DJ Unique 12:40 AM - 16 August, 2019
Mine is shipped today from AGIProDJ
Ty rocks!!!
DJ Tecniq 1:17 AM - 16 August, 2019
Let us know how the sound quality is. Highly doubt it sounds better than the SX models which isn’t a compliment lol.
casious 2:55 AM - 16 August, 2019
Been playing with mine for about an hour now. Sounds slightly better than the SX2 to me. I always run through a mixer anyway, so I always get a better sound.
DJ Tecniq 2:57 AM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Been playing with mine for about an hour now. Sounds slightly better than the SX2 to me. I always run through a mixer anyway, so I always get a better sound.
nice. Test the mic preamp
casious 3:30 AM - 16 August, 2019
Sounds clean to me. A little too much on the low end, but easily adjustable. I pull out the SX2 over the weekend to compare, because again, I always put my mics through a mixer too, so I have never used the mic input on the SX2.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:41 AM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Sounds clean to me. A little too much on the low end, but easily adjustable. I pull out the SX2 over the weekend to compare, because again, I always put my mics through a mixer too, so I have never used the mic input on the SX2.

Will happen to have the dimensions of the box it came with and weight (shipping)

Trying to order one to ship to a mate who will be flying with it.

$1100 is way cheaper than €1499
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:05 AM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Will happen to have the dimensions of the box it came with and weight (shipping)

Trying to order one to ship to a mate who will be flying with it.

$1100 is way cheaper than €1499

Never mind, I found it.

Shipping Weight: 17 lbs
Shipping Dimensions: 30 x 18 x 7 in
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN): DDJ-1000SRT

Savings of 400 euros to be made
SG SOUNDS 11:16 AM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Let us know how the sound quality is. Highly doubt it sounds better than the SX models which isn’t a compliment lol.

Heard from a friend of mine who has the sz2, and just got the srt, he claims the srt sounds much more punchier and crisp than the sz2...he's not reliable however....many sources have said the srt fx are dope
DJ Tecniq 11:35 AM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Heard from a friend of mine who has the sz2, and just got the srt, he claims the srt sounds much more punchier and crisp than the sz2...he's not reliable however....many sources have said the srt fx are dope
Oh i don’t doubt it Pioneer are the fx kings with industry standard fx. Shits on anything izoptope has ever done fx wise. Which is why I’m glad there’s hardware fx.
Djkom 11:37 AM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer hardware and even software FX are way better than Serato ones
DJ Tecniq 11:48 AM - 16 August, 2019
Those color fx are tight. How many pioneer controllers have the color fx?
DJ Tecniq 11:54 AM - 16 August, 2019
I think Pioneer dropped the 1000srt so everyone could forget about the recall on the sx3 lol. Sx3 faders are crap compared to the 1000.
DJ Tecniq 12:05 PM - 16 August, 2019
Is there a xfader reverse on the 1000srt I’ve seen no mention of this anywhere. For a unit like this it should be on the controller itself.
DJMIYAGI 12:08 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Is there a xfader reverse on the 1000srt I’ve seen no mention of this anywhere. For a unit like this it should be on the controller itself.

You would think so but there isnt. Serato setup option only
DJ Tecniq 12:13 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Damn that’s [removed]. It’s a magvel for Scratch djs it should def have reverse on hand imo.
Djkom 1:07 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Damn that’s [removed]. It’s a magvel for Scratch djs it should def have reverse on hand imo.

It's a magvel ...not a magvel pro like in the S9 😉
casious 2:30 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

It is weird that there are no physical crossfader adjustment controls, considering it's the same as the S9. I have my S9 contour adjusted more loose than this one is. But it still feels great, I'm loving this controller.
DJMIYAGI 3:47 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="8">

<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="7">

It is weird that there are no physical crossfader adjustment controls, considering it's the same as the S9. I have my S9 contour adjusted more loose than this one is. But it still feels great, I'm loving this controller.
That's the difference between the Magvel and Magvel Pro. The Pro has the extra contour and tension adjustments the regular does not.
DJMIYAGI 3:50 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:

That's the difference between the Magvel and Magvel Pro. The Pro has the extra contour and tension adjustments the regular does not.
popnwave 3:54 PM - 16 August, 2019
Hey homies chill with the R-word.. a lot of us have disabled family members and that word is antiquated and out of date:

www.bu.edu
DJ Tecniq 4:00 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Hey homies chill with the R-word.. a lot of us have disabled family members and that word is antiquated and out of date:

www.bu.edu
I didn’t mean it as referring to a disabled person. More like [removed], lame, [removed] lol
dj_soo 4:39 PM - 16 August, 2019
the lack of self awareness is astounding.

"I didn't mean this ableist slur as a way to offend disabled people - I meant it in a way that I like to use homophobic slurs to mean bad stuff!"
SG SOUNDS 6:13 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I thought it was the same one as the s9, I'm guessing many might swipe it for a innofader down the road
DJMIYAGI 6:45 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I thought it was the same one as the s9, I'm guessing many might swipe it for a innofader down the road

Mechanically they're the same. Just more adjustment settings with the Pro
Chino 6:54 PM - 16 August, 2019
I can confirm that the EFX are dope!! I didn't even miss hardware control of Serato's effects during the time I tested it out at the Expo. Sound quality, on the other hand is yet to be determined!! I'm spoiled with having the Roland DJ-808 & a Rane 72.

I'm not sure if it's even fair to compare Pio's DJ-1000 SRT sound quality & Mics to Roland or Rane. I'll def do a side by side comparison once I receive my controller.
DJ Tecniq 7:20 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
"I didn't mean this ableist slur as a way to offend disabled people - I meant it in a way that I like to use homophobic slurs to mean bad stuff!"
I forgot I’m dealing with a bunch of snowflakes on here. My bad 😕
deejdave 7:56 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:
I can confirm that the EFX are dope!! I didn't even miss hardware control of Serato's effects during the time I tested it out at the Expo. Sound quality, on the other hand is yet to be determined!! I'm spoiled with having the Roland DJ-808 & a Rane 72.

I'm not sure if it's even fair to compare Pio's DJ-1000 SRT sound quality & Mics to Roland or Rane. I'll def do a side by side comparison once I receive my controller.

Anyone with $7-800 can have themselves a Roland Dj-808 and if this unit follows the same pattern it will be on a drastic sale within a month or two as the 808 was so if anyone IS planning on getting one wait a bit.
deejdave 7:57 PM - 16 August, 2019
Btw not taking any shots at is quality or effectiveness as a controller just it’s success in terms of sales.
deejdave 8:01 PM - 16 August, 2019
This is just an observation but i search GC used items now and then and Roland Dj-808, denon prime units, numark ns7’s, basically all others are always available in the masses while pioneer units are few and far between and I’m talking like take any of the above mentioned controllers and it will have more available than all pio ddj controllers combined yet pioneer substantially outsells all others combined how is this possible?
casious 8:02 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:

Ah, did not know that. Thanx!
Mr. Goodkat 8:58 PM - 16 August, 2019
Quote:

its teq - hes a trump supporter.
dj Krazey leo 12:04 AM - 17 August, 2019
I got my hands on a srt 1000 the controller is really dope I also had the original they’re basically the same thing pick your software weapon of choice but I realize that the Serato Fx aren’t post fader please tell me this will be updated smh .
DJ Tecniq 12:53 AM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:
I got my hands on a srt 1000 the controller is really dope I also had the original they’re basically the same thing pick your software weapon of choice but I realize that the Serato Fx aren’t post fader please tell me this will be updated smh .
There is no software fx they are built in hardware fx w/4 color fx. How would you control the Serato fx if there’s no fx switches at the top...
dj Krazey leo 1:33 AM - 17 August, 2019
Understood Thought after mapping censor button to fix of choice once activated it would work as norm meaning post fader. oh well great controller not sure about the sound as yet will report back tomorrow after first gig tomorrow
DJ Tecniq 2:16 AM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:
Understood Thought after mapping censor button to fix of choice once activated it would work as norm meaning post fader. oh well great controller not sure about the sound as yet will report back tomorrow after first gig tomorrow
learn the hardware fx they sound so much better than software fx and they have auto bpm for the fx plus your computer won’t be using any cpu
djrz 5:19 AM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Is this definitely there?
Strange but in this SRT review video Watchwww.youtube.com at 3:09 it shows the Serato mixer setup and the crossfader reverse option is missing?
The Serato Manual (p97) also says not all crossfader options are available for all hardware.
So interested to see if anyone has tested this.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:39 AM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
There is no software fx they are built in hardware fx w/4 color fx. How would you control the Serato fx if there’s no fx switches at the top...

So if one uses SP1 controller, no post fader FX?
Mr. Goodkat 7:56 AM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:

thought about soo tonite. I heard a s9 and damn if that thing didnt sound terrible. literally no lows like it had a high pass filter at 80-100hz. i know the system well, and it was just really weird.

not saying its not a good mixer under the right circumstances, but ranes actually have a low end without any need for extra eq'ing or foh eq'ing
PFFABG 9:27 AM - 17 August, 2019
Can anyone who has the SRT tell me whether the LED ring around the jogwheel flashes when you get near to the end of a song like it does on the rekordbox version?

I haven’t seen any videos of it doing this. Not a dealbreaker by any means, but it would be nice if it served a purpose rather than just looking cool
dj Krazey leo 11:37 AM - 17 August, 2019
I don’t think even with a external device such as the sp1 etc it will be post fader I actually map the censor button to pan delay efx when engaged it works but once disengage the efx cut right off no post fader so you’re relying only on hardware efx
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:44 AM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:
I don’t think even with a external device such as the sp1 etc it will be post fader I actually map the censor button to pan delay efx when engaged it works but once disengage the efx cut right off no post fader so you’re relying only on hardware efx

Hmmm.

That’s going to take some adjustment.

So this is for both xfader and channel fader right?
dj Krazey leo 11:56 AM - 17 August, 2019
Yes
Chino 2:58 PM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:
Can anyone who has the SRT tell me whether the LED ring around the jogwheel flashes when you get near to the end of a song like it does on the rekordbox version?

It works the same. That was one of the things I was able to check at the Expo. Just remember to check the track end warning box in the Serato settings.
PFFABG 4:30 PM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

It works the same. That was one of the things I was able to check at the Expo. Just remember to check the track end warning box in the Serato settings.

Great news thank you 👍
DJ Tecniq 6:31 PM - 17 August, 2019
From my understanding and what I heard it’s a replica of the Serato deck on the jogwheel so it will blink/flash when the song time is near its end just like the GUI. Was heard Serato specifically wanted the jogwheel illumination different from Rekordbox.
SG SOUNDS 8:32 PM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:

Same here, I'm also spoiled with the sound quality of the Rane72 and Roland dj808, it would be hard for me to with any other gear with less sound quality.
Telony Ex 8:44 PM - 17 August, 2019
Once prime 4 get serato support it should be a top contender. As it gives mid range and pro djs all that is desired. After some carful research the prime 4 is better value for me.
dj Krazey leo 3:04 PM - 18 August, 2019
So I used my srt last night with a pair of rcf 745a powered speakers and I got to tell ya it sounded great the sound was very crisp and punchy with plenty of headroom to spare and the mic also sounded great I think the 1000 definitely outshines the Sx and Sr series’s in my opinion and is more on par with the Sz line and s9 the 1000 probably have a little less headroom and it probably wouldn’t be noticeable on the right sound system or powered speakers . Anyways so far no regrets but time will tell hopefully this info helps.
Chino 4:32 PM - 18 August, 2019
Quote:
So I used my srt last night with a pair of rcf 745a powered speakers and I got to tell ya it sounded great the sound was very crisp and punchy with plenty of headroom to spare and the mic also sounded great I think the 1000 definitely outshines the Sx and Sr series’s in my opinion and is more on par with the Sz line and s9 the 1000 probably have a little less headroom and it probably wouldn’t be noticeable on the right sound system or powered speakers . Anyways so far no regrets but time will tell hopefully this info helps.

@djKrazeyLeo- I really appreciate the update! THANKS!! It was way too loud/noizy for me to test the sound/mic quality at the DJ Expo.

Sound/mic quality was one of my main concerns. I'm glad to hear that that it sounds better than the SX series!
dj Krazey leo 5:17 PM - 18 August, 2019
Just wish the Serato fx were post fader because the censor button activates srarto fx perfectly but it just doesn’t post fade☹️
PFFABG 5:28 PM - 18 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Mike.C, can you re-confirm this? There’s another thread on here at the moment in which many users are having trouble getting this mapping to work
Serato, Support
Mike.C 7:49 PM - 18 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Mike.C, can you re-confirm this? There’s another thread on here at the moment in which many users are having trouble getting this mapping to work

Yes, this is definitely possible. I have just managed to do it myself. You do need to map the controls for each of the 4 decks though. The in/out and 1/2 and 2x buttons are in the saved loop menu when you activate MIDI mapping mode. Click on the saved loop section for each deck to see those buttons.
Dj Youkai 8:16 PM - 18 August, 2019
Quote:

Yes, this is definitely possible. I have just managed to do it myself. You do need to map the controls for each of the 4 decks though. The in/out and 1/2 and 2x buttons are in the saved loop menu when you activate MIDI mapping mode. Click on the saved loop section for each deck to see those buttons.

Would Be So Awesome if There's a Video of This. Would Love to Try Re-mapping it Also 😊
Serato, Support
Mike.C 8:18 PM - 18 August, 2019
Here's the how to for MIDI remapping: Watchwww.youtube.com

Here is where the buttons are on deck: imgur.com
Dj Youkai 8:31 PM - 18 August, 2019
Quote:
Here's the how to for MIDI remapping: Watchwww.youtube.com

Here is where the buttons are on deck: imgur.com

Thanks 😊.. I was More Thinking just a video Exclusively for the DDJ-1000SRT. But this will do. Thanks Again 😊
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:52 PM - 18 August, 2019
DJ Tecniq,

Quote:
Quote:
I forgot I’m dealing with a bunch of snowflakes on here. My bad 😕

I'm stunned by your lack of self awareness in this situation. You have dropped two slurs on here, have been called out for it, and your response is to blame it on everyone else. Well I'm here to let you know that this type of language will NOT be tolerated on the Serato forum. We want the forum to be a place of inclusiveness, where anyone can come and talk DJing and feel safe. Language and behavior like yours only serves to harm, and there's no place for that here. I'm informing you that this is your last warning - any further breaking of the rules and you will be banned.

I really think it would do a lot for your community standing to apologize for your behavior, but that of course is up to you.
DJ Tecniq 12:59 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
I'm stunned by your lack of self awareness in this situation. You have dropped two slurs on here, have been called out for it, and your response is to blame it on everyone else. Well I'm here to let you know that this type of language will NOT be tolerated on the Serato forum. We want the forum to be a place of inclusiveness, where anyone can come and talk DJing and feel safe. Language and behavior like yours only serves to harm, and there's no place for that here. I'm informing you that this is your last warning - any further breaking of the rules and you will be banned.

I really think it would do a lot for your community standing to apologize for your behavior, but that of course is up to you.
Wow...I wasn’t the one who started this political nonsense in the first place. Apologize for being called a trump supporter? I had every right to fire back. My comment was completely taken out of context and I’m the one who’s getting yelled at. Nah it don’t work that way. He tested me and he got the smoke. Love how you’re singling me out when the other user started it when you only caught half of the issue. Ridiculous🤷🏼‍♂️
DJ Tecniq 1:12 AM - 19 August, 2019
I have no idea how what I said was “offending” when I was referring to NO ONE except the product itself...but whatever I’ll take a slap on the wrist😕
DJ Tecniq 1:22 AM - 19 August, 2019
And i actually do contribute a lot on this forum and help others. Because of two words that were taken out of context nor referring to anyone i get a warning...I’m not the one taking sides here. I’ll go ahead and apologize

“Hey all forum users I’m sorry if my words (which i can’t say have been blocked) cause any offense to you especially when i was referring to no single person or persons on the forum” i hope you can all forgive me I should choose my words more wisely when I’m referring to DJ products. I want to thank “dj_soo” for taking my comment completely out of context and making me look like the bad guy”

Sincerely,

Tecniq the asshole
Dj Youkai 1:39 AM - 19 August, 2019
Wow.. Tech has been very supportive here, he's pretty much here like furniture helping people out. You don't have to Apologize to Me Bro. But I want to thank you for always Helping Us Out in this Forum. 😊
deejdave 1:51 AM - 19 August, 2019
Trust that an apology WAS the way to go here. One that was actually sincere would have been better but either way kudos to Serato for intervening as I know you guys try to keep this an open space for all to say what they want but there IS a line. We all find ourselves OFTEN shaking our heads at specific members but TRUST the line was crossed here.

ANYWAYS back to the SRT and hopefully what can be remembered here
Quote:

CARRY ON!!
DJ Tecniq 1:59 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
Wow.. Tech has been very supportive here, he's pretty much here like furniture helping people out. You don't have to Apologize to Me Bro. But I want to thank you for always Helping Us Out in this Forum. 😊
Thanks! Apparently it’s not enough to their standards.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:00 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
Wow...I wasn’t the one who started this political nonsense in the first place. Apologize for being called a trump supporter? I had every right to fire back. My comment was completely taken out of context and I’m the one who’s getting yelled at. Nah it don’t work that way. He tested me and he got the smoke. Love how you’re singling me out when the other user started it when you only caught half of the issue. Ridiculous🤷🏼‍♂️

Quote:
I have no idea how what I said was “offending” when I was referring to NO ONE except the product itself...but whatever I’ll take a slap on the wrist😕

You've missed the point here. You did start this nonsense, you used the term "r******d" which is abelist, and "g*y" in a context which is homophobic. You did both of these things without any prompting. When you were then called out on it, you called everyone snowflakes. This has nothing to do with your political leanings (that is totally irrelevant), rather your lack of understanding of what is offensive to people online. I suggest you take this as a learning and I encourage you to think before you type as what may not be offensive to you may be to someone else.
DJ Tecniq 3:09 AM - 19 August, 2019
So saying those words in reference to a DJ product is offensive? When in reality I was not talking to one person or a physical person for that matter. Unreal. Not one person called me out except “dj_soo” who hates me for god knows what. Which is clearly why he said that to be a smart ass and get me kicked out. If a user came to you in private that my words were offensive I will then apologize. Since I was referring to absolutely no one with my words I do not feel it’s necessary that I should apologize. I’ll take my warning as caution to not use the words again in reference to a DJ product. ✌🏼
DJ Tecniq 4:20 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
you used the term "r******d" which is abelist, and "g*y" in a context which is homophobic.
It’s spelled ableist and despite that what I said was not directed towards anyone or physical being other than the DJ product. I’m sorry ppl can’t comprehend that and take what I said out of context. Besides that I have heard far worse on the forum...anyways back to the topic of the SRT.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:30 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
Not one person called me out except “dj_soo” who hates me for god knows what.

Your post was reported by another user. You see, not everyone who is offended will feel comfortable to call you out in public.

Quote:
I’ll take my warning as caution to not use the words again in reference to a DJ product. ✌🏼

That's great! I'd recommend you don't used those terms to reference anything in a situation where it could offend.
Mr. Goodkat 7:34 AM - 19 August, 2019
I called him a trump supporter after this his two statemtents.

tecniq gives wrong advice about 40-50% of the time, some of the things he says are so nonsensical, its laughable. He's really not helping that much.
dj_soo 8:22 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
I want to thank “dj_soo” for taking my comment completely out of context and making me look like the bad guy

pathetic. Maybe instead of playing the victim, you could grow some empathy and learn to use better words and focus less on being so fragile.

And yes, half the "advice" you give out on here is wrong, and you're constantly talking about things you don't understand or have no experience with.
Raef 8:46 AM - 19 August, 2019
Everyone, we're getting off topic here. Let's just leave the feedback given from Serato to Techniq. Things were said that shouldn't have been, it's been addressed and we're all adults here so let's not try to intentionally offend anyone on the forum. Now, let's get back to talking about this kick-ass controller :)

Quote:
Interesting. Who did you call/speak to? (I really would like to know)

Pioneer Australia confirmed with me as recently as yesterday that it will not be coming.

DJRZ, i've called Pioneer Australia again today on 1800 060 852 and spoke to Reina. She confirmed with me that Pioneer Australia was initially saying that it wasn't coming to our region but 110% it's confirmed it will be. There's no RRP yet, no release date yet but should be near end of September and it will be unlikely that we will get one of the 5,000 Serato Suite Included units as these units are going to America and other regions first.
DJ Tecniq 9:18 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
pathetic. Maybe instead of playing the victim, you could grow some empathy and learn to use better words and focus less on being so fragile.

And yes, half the "advice" you give out on here is wrong, and you're constantly talking about things you don't understand or have no experience with.
I am the victim because of what i said was taken out of context i did not direct my comment towards “anybody” this is absolutely ridiculous and I’m so over it by now but yet here you are again bringing it up. Fragile? Seems like you’re the one who doesn’t want to let it go. You can claim that most of my advice is wrong but i get messages daily in my inbox of users thanking me.
DJ Tecniq 9:25 AM - 19 August, 2019
You’re just mad because i called you out. Well you did the same thing to me trying to get me banned with my comment that is apparently offensive when it was directed towards not a single person. The whole thing is utterly blown out of proportion and i can’t believe I’m getting flagged for it.
Raef 9:30 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
I am the victim
Instead of feeling like you're a victim, be the bigger man. Acknowledge that some people got offended (although that wasn't your intention, your direct actions cause that reaction), apologize and move on.
Quote:
trying to get me banned
I'm quite sure the staff at Serato would prefer you do my recommendation than your current victim-blaming which more than likely eventuate in your account being banned. Right now is the time just to say, "my bad... i apologize, sorry" and leaving it to that.
dj_soo 3:48 AM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
I am the victim because of what i said was taken out of context

there's no "out of context" for using those words in 2019 - that's the point. Honestly, I'm not even offended - I just thought it was hilarious that someone pointed out that it's not cool to use an ableist slur and you turn around and say "no, I didn't mean it like that - I meant it in a way that I would use a homophobic slur!"

Anyway, I'm done. You obviously still think you're totally being attacked for "no reason" so just keep on doing you. I didn't report you, I don't care if you stay on here giving out spotty advice or get banned.

This is just typical lack of self awareness.

"people get too offended because of this PC culture - fucking snowflakes"

*proceeds to get offended when someone calls them out for being an idiot.
DJ Tecniq 4:16 AM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
"people get too offended because of this PC culture - fucking snowflakes"

*proceeds to get offended when someone calls them out for being an idiot.
Your panties have been in a wad ever since the election. Hope you’re ready for 4 more years✌🏼
DJ Tecniq 4:28 AM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
there's no "out of context" for using those words in 2019 - that's the point.
oh I’m sorry I forgot somehow in 2019 everything changed Einstein. My words were not directed to anyone or any person for that matter. I’m sorry we live in a world now where anyone is offended easily when in fact & actuality I did not point out or direct my comment toward a single person or living being on planet earth...I am not going to apologize because there is “no one” to apologize to but here you are again cause it’s obviously that time of the month for you.
dj_soo 4:54 AM - 20 August, 2019
I don't need your apology - I just think you're hilariously un self-aware.

keep on keeping on you snowflake.
Mr. Goodkat 7:56 AM - 20 August, 2019
and ironically soo is from canada.
DJMIYAGI 11:44 AM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
and ironically soo is from canada.

😂😂
djrz 12:29 PM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
DJRZ, i've called Pioneer Australia again today on 1800 060 852 and spoke to Reina. She confirmed with me that Pioneer Australia was initially saying that it wasn't coming to our region but 110% it's confirmed it will be. There's no RRP yet, no release date yet but should be near end of September and it will be unlikely that we will get one of the 5,000 Serato Suite Included units as these units are going to America and other regions first.

Hey Raef thanks for the info.
I might give them another call too.
Wonder what 'region' we are considered as NZ already has them.
Thing is now I'm not so sure about the SRT. If they were available day one I probably would've bought one on the spot. Especially the first 5000. But now I might just bide my time and see what else shows up...
Cheers
Raef 4:35 PM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:

Hey Raef thanks for the info.

Thing is now I'm not so sure about the SRT. If they were available day one I probably would've bought one on the spot.

Too easy man.
And I hear ya... here’s what gets me... Pioneer/Serato say that for the first 5000 units they’ll bundle the Serato suite to make it more enticing to buy for the additional costs over the original 1000. Obviously with pioneer needing to add additional costs to allow for the use of Serato software with their hardware would mean that the price of the 1000SRT needs to be more than the 1000. But why is it that us buyers in Australia don’t even have the opportunity to get a copy of the first 5000 because they don’t ship to our region for 6 weeks which more than likely will result in all the promo models will sell. Even if I bought the very first unit to hit our shores it still potentially won’t make the promo. I feel like we get cheated due to our location. And does this potential fact mean that we can expect pioneer Australia to reduce the cost of the unit somewhat because we don’t get the Serato suite by default... pffft yeah right. I only hope that when the unit eventually makes it to us here in australia, pioneer/Serato have put aside at least 100 or so units with the promo deal to reward their loyal customers who will buy the new unit immediately.
DJ Tecniq 5:24 PM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
keep on keeping on you snowflake.
I live in Florida. We haven’t had snow in forever but great come back 😊
Gio Alex 6:31 PM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

its teq - hes a trump supporter.

oh man lol
PFFABG 10:16 PM - 20 August, 2019

Thanks Mike.C

One final question regarding this unit that i’m sure many people will be asking. Will there be a firmware update to make the beat FX sync to the BPMs in Serato? It works this way on the original DDJ 1000 with rekordbox, so I can’t see why this shouldn’t be possible for Serato users to have this feature with the SRT?
DJ Tecniq 3:22 AM - 21 August, 2019
Great detailed review on the 1000srt. He’s pointed out a lot of things that are concerning. The one thing that’s so odd is it comes with the suite license for the first 5000 units...but what’s the point if you can’t use the controller for those benefits like Serato fx. It’s a super stripped down controller for Serato.

youtu.be
SG SOUNDS 10:57 AM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Great detailed review on the 1000srt. He’s pointed out a lot of things that are concerning. The one thing that’s so odd is it comes with the suite license for the first 5000 units...but what’s the point if you can’t use the controller for those benefits like Serato fx. It’s a super stripped down controller for Serato.

youtu.be

He kept it real and didn't try to soft coat NOTHING, he is stating the real facts that most of you dont want to hear, and he said it best, PIONEER IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!
Very factual review on the 1000srt

I've been telling many that already have the sx3 or sz2 to stay away from the watered down 1000srt, and been labelled a hater lol

Let me tell you what Pioneer will do after many will run go buy this controller, I know this because i know Pioneer

Probably by March of 2020 or sooner they are going to announce a 1000srt2, mark my words, the 1000srt2 will have all the features and functions the 1000srt should of have, like the features in the sx3 and sz2 lol

A big slap in the face for those who got excited and ran out and buy the 1000srt, that's what Pioneer does
dj Krazey leo 1:33 PM - 21 August, 2019
Great honest review Phill from digital Dj tips were honest in his review as well I have the controller it’s great the looks the feel of if and as I said In my opinion does have a little more punch than the sx line but if you had the Rekordbox version you would honestly not like the srt as he stated they look the same but operates totally different and I know each software do things differently but for srt not even have post fader fix that’s like one of the biggest let down .I think for the users who wants the jogs they’re gonna be happy but there will be probably plenty of returns on this unit.
DJ A.N.G. 1:38 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:

I hear you. I actually got the srt (Received it yesterday). I was and still am very excited for it but kind of in a different way. I already knew it was going to have its shortcomings. I was coming from an original SX that has and still is a tank. (I think ive done everything but went swimming with it) Funny thing is, it was the suite that helped sell it for me. Although I already have licenses for a lot of things, I didn't have everything. Pitch n Time, DVS etc.. Now I wanted a real CDJ feeling controller for the house as I typically only use Vinyl or the SX at home for studio work. So it made sense, plus I got it under retail with no tax... Now, the other crutch that worked to my favor, Well I saw that everyone was getting rid of there sx3s for the low low, so I scored one for $700 basically brand new. That will be my new outbound gear.. So for me, it kind of worked to my favor a bit.. kinda. lol

Chino 2:57 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Probably by March of 2020 or sooner they are going to announce a 1000srt2, mark my words, the 1000srt2 will have all the features and functions the 1000srt should of have, like the features in the sx3 and sz2 lol

^THIS!! I've never really been a Pio guy BUT this controller has finally peaked my interest enough to want to at least try it out. IMHO what sold me are the large mechanical platters & Mag fader. Im not one to use a lot of Serato efxs. I was also impressed with the sound of the built-in hardware efxs. In thirty days after a couple of gigs I should have an idea if Im gonna keep or return it.

It would be nice if Roland released their version with large ULTRA low latency platters, innofader upgradeable, Serato post fader efxs, MK2 drum machine/sampler etc. Until then, I'll try out the DDJ-1000SRT. If I don't like it, I'll buy the Roland DJ-707M as my backup controller instead (once its released).
Gio Alex 3:22 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
I'll buy the Roland DJ-707M as my backup controller instead (once its released).

Same. Well it'll be my main. This was the easiest decision ever for me. I really wanted to get the SX3 mainly for the multiple mic inputs, and when heard about the SRT I saw that there were some quirks, and it made me want the SX3 even more, but now learning about 707M, it's a clear decision. Super portable, tons of ins/outs. This is the one.

I actually wouldn't mind of the 707M was the size of the SR2 to make it less cramped, but it is what it is.
Djkom 4:45 PM - 21 August, 2019
@deejdave where you're at ??? 😅

Really interested in your inputs now the unit is released !

All the points I was bitching on (and you said I was wrong) are now widely shared by many !

I don't think Pioneer is ripping off people with the 1000SRT. Pioneer and Serato have seen a lot of interest in the 1000 so they deal each other to bring the 1000SRT.
Serato is the one to blame, they've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to bring the same user experience of the original DDJ 1000.

Serato could have developed a better jogwheel screen UI, they could have developed a PadFX mode (or at least a ComboFX like in the DDJ SR), they could have developed a way to handle multi function button (i.e IN/OUT and half/double loop size), they could have made a license pack to support any SOUNDCARD, they could have made an agressive price for the SRT...
But none of the that...they just have put the Serato brand on the 1000 and charged 300$ more, that's sit !
DJ Tecniq 5:05 PM - 21 August, 2019
I don’t think it’s fair they are charging so much for it when the suite package is only for the first 5000 units. How the hell you gonna charge that still after the suite package runs out. Hopefully we’ll see the price drop off?
Gio Alex 5:09 PM - 21 August, 2019
They technically don't have to give the suite package at all. It's just an incentive for people to purchase the units. At least that's how i see it.
Chino 5:20 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
They technically don't have to give the suite package at all. It's just an incentive for people to purchase the units. At least that's how i see it.

+1!!

Quote:
I don’t think it’s fair they are charging so much for it when the suite package is only for the first 5000 units. How the hell you gonna charge that still after the suite package runs out. Hopefully we’ll see the price drop off?

There are online dealers giving 15% - 20% off coupons with FREE shipping. $1299 with a 20% off gets you a DDJ-1000SRT for $1,039.20 with FREE shipping.

IMHO, that price makes the DDJ-1000SRT a GREAT deal!!
SG SOUNDS 6:38 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
I was also impressed with the sound of the built-in hardware efxs. In thirty days after a couple of gigs I should have an idea if Im gonna keep or return it.

Oh so you did buy one? would love to hear you thoughts on the srt compared to our beloved dj808

It would be nice if Roland released their version with large ULTRA low latency platters, innofader upgradeable, Serato post fader efxs, MK2 drum machine/sampler etc. Until then, I'll try out the DDJ-1000SRT. If I don't like it, I'll buy the Roland DJ-707M as my backup controller instead (once its released).

Yh it would be nice if Roland could add bigger platters to a updated 808

The 707M just threw me off as I was sold on the Mixars Primo as a smaller controller to travel with in my back pack, seems smaller to in dimensions to the Primo..need to see a A/B comparison
dj_soo 6:50 PM - 21 August, 2019
The primo seems better suited to my playstyle and ticks off my wanted featureset more than the 707, but the 707 is just so cool. I read a article that called it a “Swiss army knife” controller and that seems apt.

With the assignable processing on each output, the mic and line inputs, and the general small size, it’s not just a controller, but a controller, line mixer, and processing rack all in one which will save a ton of space and weight for a mobile dj that likes to bring a bunch of extras to a gig.

Sound quality will no doubt be stellar since roland controllers are industry leading in sound quality imo, but I still remember the myriad of platter problems reported for the 505, so I’d be wary about being an early adopter, and wait for some longer term reviews before committing.
Chino 7:16 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Oh so you did buy one? would love to hear you thoughts on the srt compared to our beloved dj808

Yes, just waiting for it to be delivered. I will def do a side by side comparison once I receive it.
DJ Tecniq 7:29 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
There are online dealers giving 15% - 20% off coupons with FREE shipping. $1299 with a 20% off gets you a DDJ-1000SRT for $1,039.20 with FREE shipping.

IMHO, that price makes the DDJ-1000SRT a GREAT deal!!
That’s true i got quoted $1099 preorder price on it but holding off i just don’t need 4 channels and would like something smaller & compact for my DVS setup so my Primo is working out nicely in that respect just wish it was something with more pro features. I a 2 ch ddj800srt hits the Serato market I’m on it cause it’ll be a great deal and much cheaper than the 1000srt.
DJ Tecniq 7:29 PM - 21 August, 2019
If a*
Dj Youkai 7:50 PM - 21 August, 2019
You Guys are So Lucky. I'll Never Get Free Shipping To Hawaii. Though I did got $60 Off From Mine. Well That Counts for Free Shipping I Guess 😂.
dj_soo 7:53 PM - 21 August, 2019
The biggest draw for the 1000 is the platters, the magvel crossfader, and the hardware effects imo.

The 800 has neither the platters or the crossfader so you basically get a neutered serato controller that was designed for rekordbox and some djm style effects.

I’d stick with the primo.
Mr. Goodkat 8:00 PM - 21 August, 2019
RKB native/internal efx are pretty cool
DJ Tecniq 8:20 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
The biggest draw for the 1000 is the platters, the magvel crossfader, and the hardware effects imo.

The 800 has neither the platters or the crossfader so you basically get a neutered serato controller that was designed for rekordbox and some djm style effects.

I thought the same till i saw this video and he said the jogwheels feel better than the 1000. I’ve never tried a cdj jogwheel except once and I’d def have to get used to that type of feel. youtu.be
deejdave 9:45 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
@deejdave where you're at ??? 😅

Really interested in your inputs now the unit is released !

All the points I was bitching on (and you said I was wrong) are now widely shared by many !

I don't think Pioneer is ripping off people with the 1000SRT. Pioneer and Serato have seen a lot of interest in the 1000 so they deal each other to bring the 1000SRT.
Serato is the one to blame, they've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to bring the same user experience of the original DDJ 1000.

Serato could have developed a better jogwheel screen UI, they could have developed a PadFX mode (or at least a ComboFX like in the DDJ SR), they could have developed a way to handle multi function button (i.e IN/OUT and half/double loop size), they could have made a license pack to support any SOUNDCARD, they could have made an agressive price for the SRT...
But none of the that...they just have put the Serato brand on the 1000 and charged 300$ more, that's sit !

Never said you were wrong I said you were trying to pass things off as facts when nobody knew. You also don't know what will come in the future and you also were not right about them all........... go ahead and ask which ones I have them ready to go LOL.
deejdave 9:55 PM - 21 August, 2019
And BTW I am loving my SRT. Is there room for improvements? YES and there will be but some of the things are not actually problems which if you weren't too busy trying to be right (instead of helpful) you would see. serato.com

FWIW this is a great controller for the price I paid which ended up being below $850 ($1050 shipped to my door and $200 back from selling the suite which I already had) but yeah $1300 and all that!!! LOL
dj_soo 10:29 PM - 21 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I thought the same till i saw this video and he said the jogwheels feel better than the 1000. I’ve never tried a cdj jogwheel except once and I’d def have to get used to that type of feel. youtu.be

The platters are capacitive touch - probably closer in feel to the sz since there’s a tension adjust. The 1000 platters are mechanical. I prefer the latter, but it’s personal preference.
dj_soo 2:15 AM - 22 August, 2019
Just out of curiosity to the the Mac users - is the srt class compliant? Or does it need drivers?
Gio Alex 2:19 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Just out of curiosity to the the Mac users - is the srt class compliant? Or does it need drivers?

I believe it requires drivers.
DJ Tecniq 2:31 AM - 22 August, 2019
What is the warranty on the 1000srt? $1000+ is a lot of money. I’m assuming 1 yr limited warranty like most their gear?
Gio Alex 2:41 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
What is the warranty on the 1000srt? $1000+ is a lot of money. I’m assuming 1 yr limited warranty like most their gear?

I don't imagine it being more than a year from pioneer, but then again if you buy it from somewhere like sweetwater you'll probably get a 2-3 years warranty.

I don't think 1k is that much to ask for considering it has standalone mixer and dual soundcard.
dj_soo 3:10 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I believe it requires drivers.

Yuck - class compliant should be standard for Macs at this point. Stops a lot of potential problems...
Djkom 3:17 AM - 22 August, 2019
Can someone confirm when a loop is engaged using the IN and OUT, taping the 4 beat loop deactivates this current loop ?

What are the 1/2x and 2x secondary functions below the beat jumps buttons ???
Gio Alex 3:18 AM - 22 August, 2019
I could be wrong, but i think it requires it. Are any pioneer controllers class compliant?
Gio Alex 3:19 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Can someone confirm when a loop is engaged using the IN and OUT, taping the 4 beat loop deactivates this current loop ?

That use to confuse me so much on certain controllers that I just started to use the loop on/off shortcut on the keyboard. LOL
Djkom 3:29 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

That use to confuse me so much on certain controllers that I just started to use the loop on/off shortcut on the keyboard. LOL

So true ! There was even a bug with the S9 where the 4 beat loop button reactivates a new 4 beat loop even if a loop was currently engaged !
I'm not sure if it's fixed tho'
Gio Alex 3:33 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
So true ! There was even a bug with the S9 where the 4 beat loop button reactivates a new 4 beat loop even if a loop was currently engaged !

This! I don't own an S9, but a few spots I spin at have it as their house mixer I remember this happening to me, and immediately gave up on figuring it out.
Gio Alex 3:47 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:

I think so, but i could be wrong. Digital DJ Tips go over the loop section at around 2:38 in this video:

Watchwww.youtube.com

The loop controls are weird on this one.
funkyfresh2012 4:56 AM - 22 August, 2019
midi mapping the looping section should fix all of your worries regarding the loops on this controller

here is how I have my loops midi mapped on the 1000srt:

IN button = 1/2x
Out button = 2x
SHIFT + IN button = start manual loop
SHIFT OUT = exit manual loop
4 BEAT LOOP button = autoloop (activates a loop based on which time interval is highlighted e.g. 1x, 2x, 4x, etc....)
SHIFT + 4 BEAT LOOP button = activate/exit out of an already saved loop

You must repeat this mapping for each of the 4 channels.
funkyfresh2012 5:11 AM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:

What are the 1/2x and 2x secondary functions below the beat jumps buttons ???

those secondary functions you are asking about changes the time intervals of the "beat jump" (cuts it 1/2x or doubles it 2x)
funkyfresh2012 5:47 AM - 22 August, 2019
Does any body know if there is a way to change the "pressure" sensitivity of the mechanical jog wheels? I'm still getting used to using these, and coming from spinning on vinyl more, its creating a bad habit of me being overly aggressive when scratching with the record hand. Wish i didn't have to press down on the jog wheel so hard to hold the track still.
dj Krazey leo 9:06 AM - 22 August, 2019
Funny you mentioned platters and sensitivity in my honest opinion I feel as if the platters on the original 1000 was way more tighter and more responsive when coupled with Rekordbox I feel like when using the Srt1000 there is a bit of latency going on which results in applying more pressure to the platters to be honest it’s just not the same experience when compared to the Rekordbox version I’m hoping this can be updated In future Serato updates or a firmware update.
djrz 1:14 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is this definitely there?
Strange but in this SRT review video Watchwww.youtube.com at 3:09 it shows the Serato mixer setup and the crossfader reverse option is missing?
The Serato Manual (p97) also says not all crossfader options are available for all hardware.
So interested to see if anyone has tested this.

Has anyone actually confirmed xfader reverse is possible in SDJ settings when using the SRT?
dj Krazey leo 1:23 PM - 22 August, 2019
Not possible
djrz 1:26 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Not possible

Yeah didn't think so! Thanks for confirming!
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:50 PM - 22 August, 2019
The plot thickens

No post fader FX

No reverse switch

No pad FX

Starting to look like a €700/€800 controller. It’s €1499 in Europe!
DJ Tecniq 5:27 PM - 22 August, 2019
Beat fx are post fader from what i heard.
Gio Alex 5:54 PM - 22 August, 2019
They basically stripped features that the DDJ-1000 and it does not mirror the serato dj pro features/buttons (whatever you wanna call it) like other serato pioneer controller.

I get that hardware fx sound better and all but the layout doesn’t seem too intuitive. Again, it’s like they took the 1000 and stripped it of certain features and called it an SRT. It seems like pioneer doesn’t want to take away from their rekordbox sales.
DJ Tecniq 7:01 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
It seems like pioneer doesn’t want to take away from their rekordbox sales.
I would like to believe that as well however I guarantee Serato sales will double still. But yeah it’s pretty much a watered down Pioneer controller for Serato.
Gio Alex 7:06 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
I would like to believe that as well however I guarantee Serato sales will double still.

it's weird because a lot of serato djs that use controllers use pioneer, so it's not like they don't benefit from it.
Mr. Goodkat 7:43 PM - 22 August, 2019
imo, after using rekordbox here and there, if ppl had started on rekordbox, we'd look at sdj as complete trash. I'm not saying im switching, cuz im too deep in the serato game at this point, and im not gonna dj forever.

But to any young dj, i tell them to use rekord box.
Gio Alex 7:55 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
if ppl had started on rekordbox, we'd look at sdj as complete trash. I'm not saying im switching, cuz im too deep in the serato game at this point, and im not gonna dj forever.

I think you make a valid point, and it makes a lot of sense.

I wouldn't switch either. Spent too many years on serato to move on to something else now. Also, so many places have looked in serato gear. But, I have tried rekordbox in the past and i can understand if someone started on it they'd have that sort of view on serato dj.
boo-lee 8:00 PM - 22 August, 2019
Just curious, not wanting to start any debate. But in what ways is Rekordbox superior to Serato? I've never used Rekordbox before. At first sight, it doesn't look that different.
Gio Alex 8:07 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Just curious, not wanting to start any debate. But in what ways is Rekordbox superior to Serato? I've never used Rekordbox before. At first sight, it doesn't look that different.

www.digitaldjtips.com
dj_soo 9:04 PM - 22 August, 2019
Personally, I don’t like using rekordbox, but it definitely excels at some things and does some things better than serato, but there are some little ui tricks in serato that I think are way better.

To me, rekordbox feels like it’s designed by programmers whereas serato feels like it was designed by actual djs.
Gio Alex 9:07 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
To me, rekordbox feels like it’s designed by programmers whereas serato feels like it was designed by actual djs.

that's how I felt about traktor. I just couldn't get into it.
dj Krazey leo 10:17 PM - 22 August, 2019
Quote:
Personally, I don’t like using rekordbox, but it definitely excels at some things and does some things better than serato, but there are some little ui tricks in serato that I think are way better.

dj Krazey leo 10:22 PM - 22 August, 2019
I also think if you started out on Rekordbox you probably would never make Serato your main software considering Rekordbox is not as mature as Serato once it does grow it’ll probably be a great alternative.
Gio Alex 10:24 PM - 22 August, 2019
The thing is most venues I know have serato as their base setup. At least here that is.
dj Krazey leo 10:36 PM - 22 August, 2019
Serato is the standard especially in the US so most booths will have some sort of Serato hardware but for mobile it’s s serious toss up
dj Krazey leo 10:40 PM - 22 August, 2019
Let’s be clear I love Serato is a great software but I just think the marriage with between Pioneer and Serato is rocky so in return the consumers get the bad end of the stick .
Telony Ex 10:54 PM - 22 August, 2019
Most people start on VDJ which have all of of the features that serato has. Plus more. Work with any hardware. yet ppl always switch to Serato.

Serato is that premium feel. Because it was held at a premium from sl days with expansive rane hardware, it was covetted and every vdj dj aspire to use serato no matter how less features it posses vs vdj. Its like android iphone thing. Or windows and mac. Other sofwares works, but serato does what it intends to do very well
Mr. Goodkat 1:36 AM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:

i dont think it is all that different. but you are in the rkb ecosystem and if you want to use cdjs with usbs you have that availabiltiy and your files are already analyzed.

if you want to use the non performance mode and your computer as the library with cdjs, you can do that.

if you want to use any soundcard you have that availability.

the sound has a better overall sound.

pioneer is pretty much the club standard.

i like the sound of rkb slightly more than serato(like traktor)

to me its just the overall flexibility and the fact that usbs are getting so big (and cheap, much so now than just a few years ago 256 gb is 32$ currently) you can roll to a gig with just a usb and play whatever.

the other nite i was playing outdoors and my computer was lagging abit, so i switched to usbs, let the computer cool off for about 30 mins, and i was back up. Switch overs are so much easier with xdjs/cdjs.

serato will never have any hardware and caters to so many controllers and brands that its always buggy in the weirdest ways(sdj). DOnt get me wrong, for the most part its been solid, but pretty much everyone has had an issue with some update for whatever reason. WHich of course can usually be remedied by using an older version but its just kinda maddening at times.
Mr. Goodkat 1:40 AM - 23 August, 2019
the one thing i left out is that serato has the best software support ive ever used and is probably better for the intro user that isnt very adept at using computers.

i think most kids now grow up with a computer and dont need that help, but i do have to give it up to the outstanding customer support and service.

thanks to those guys
DJ Tecniq 2:11 AM - 23 August, 2019
Tried Rekordbox when i purchased the DDJ-RB...what did not convince me is the usb latency i had. Whenever i do slow scratches it sounded so terrible like garbled audio and suffered in sound quality in that area. No matter what I had the usb buffer set to it still was not as tight as Serato...now they may have improved since then. I sent the RB back and got a SB2 instead. What a major difference i felt the scratching sounded so much cleaner & clearer that’s when i knew Rekordbox just wasn’t ready yet.
DJ Tecniq 2:21 AM - 23 August, 2019
Since that time I have not tried Rekordbox again. I even posted on the forum a video clip of the scratching difference it’s almost like the slower i scratched resulted in audio loss which was clearly heard through my studio monitors. I just couldn’t get the usb buffer at a decent setting for scratching. When you come from DVS systems like Scratchlive etc you expect the latency to be something similar to Serato but I just didn’t get that with Rekordbox. I thought if that’s how it sounds on a controller then DVS prob sounds worse and many users have told me back then that Rekordbox had DVS issues. In my opinion Rekordbox will always be in Serato’s shadow the one thing Rekordbox has over Serato is a smoother GUI. I’d rather suffer GUI freezes or hangups then go back to Rekordbox.
DJ L.A. Stylez 2:17 PM - 23 August, 2019
Can someone please help clarify if upgrading from the DDJ SZ to the 1000srt is a better move, I understand the current issue with the1000srt and hoping it can be fix, I have the SZ and as everyone know already it's a monster to move around, other than that it's a great machine I had not issue with it except it has no post fader fx, I believe I already know my answer but will like to hear from some of you that know more about these unit than myself, would you upgrade?

Thank and respect.
Gio Alex 2:50 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
Can someone please help clarify if upgrading from the DDJ SZ to the 1000srt is a better move, I understand the current issue with the1000srt and hoping it can be fix, I have the SZ and as everyone know already it's a monster to move around, other than that it's a great machine I had not issue with it except it has no post fader fx, I believe I already know my answer but will like to hear from some of you that know more about these unit than myself, would you upgrade?

Thank and respect.

other than the obvious size differences... Do you like having all your Serato features laid out on your controller?
dj Krazey leo 3:17 PM - 23 August, 2019
^^^^^
DJ L.A. Stylez 3:47 PM - 23 August, 2019
no not really the only ones I find myself using is the sampler, the loop and the echo out fx but I'm sure you already know how that echo could be
Gio Alex 4:00 PM - 23 August, 2019
Yeah then it may not matter to you as much. I personally like everything laid out perfectly in an intuitive way.

Also, there won’t be the multi layering of FX you can do like on all the other pioneer serato controllers moving to the SRT. I think it’s 1 FX at a time, per channel, or master. Im sure it can still be done in the software somehow but that’s tricky with no dedicated buttons/knobs.
DJ L.A. Stylez 4:13 PM - 23 August, 2019
Gio Alex thank for the feed back, i'm definitely gonna wait to see what could be done to the 1000srt with regards to some of the issue, I like the SZ I never had any issue but I can say it's a bit heavy when you have to move around to those mobile gig's ,I'm looking for something a bit smaller but has the same lay out as the SZ including post fader.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:20 PM - 23 August, 2019
After watching Phil from Digital dj tips video there’s no way I’d spend money on this thing. It’s just basically been shoehorned in for SDJ/Serato 🤦🏾‍♂️

The sad part is, neither company even tried to hide any of it.

Sure the platters are nice but your really losing a lot in my opinion.

And really, you think the SZ is that heavy??
Gio Alex 4:24 PM - 23 August, 2019
Yeah the SZ is a beast for sure. For me, hopping into the controller world was the alternative to not having to carry turntables for mobile gigs so the SZ is too bulky of a controller for me. I had the SR2 but got tired of having to carry a small mixer for mics and better sound. So I’ve been thinking about the SX3 and the 707m.

Have you considered the SX3 if the SZ is too bulky? I think it’s pretty close to the size of the SRT, but wilt better platters obviously.
Gio Alex 4:26 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
After watching Phil from Digital dj tips video there’s no way I’d spend money on this thing. It’s just basically been shoehorned in for SDJ/Serato 🤦🏾‍♂️

The sad part is, neither company even tried to hide any of it.

THIS!
DJ L.A. Stylez 4:29 PM - 23 August, 2019
the SOUNDINSURGENT if you carrying it around in a odyssey black flight case like I do yep it's not light that badboy hold some weight, but when you get to the venue and setup with some good speaker's it's all smile at the way it sound :)
Gio Alex 4:32 PM - 23 August, 2019
Meant the SRT has better platters, but so many nopes for me other than that.
DJMIYAGI 4:42 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
the SOUNDINSURGENT if you carrying it around in a odyssey black flight case like I do yep it's not light that badboy hold some weight

Yeah a good 60lbs at least. More if your case has the laptop shelf.
DJ L.A. Stylez 4:43 PM - 23 August, 2019
Gio Alex I had the chance to play with the sx3 but for some reason I still like the bigger jog wheels wish they had some, don't get me wrong i'll use what ever but still hoping for that one with everything that can be use with serato , hope they get it right soon no one want to be rebuying these every couple years.
Telony Ex 6:18 PM - 23 August, 2019
Waiting on the prime 4 to support serato and the price to drop. SOLD. love the jog wheels but this is not ready
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:26 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
the SOUNDINSURGENT if you carrying it around in a odyssey black flight case like I do yep it's not light that badboy hold some weight, but when you get to the venue and setup with some good speaker's it's all smile at the way it sound :)

Hahaa!! Yeah I know! But now I carry around 2 3700’s with a DJM 900 srt and yes the ProX case has the laptop shelf......

If I was worried about weight I wouldn’t be doing this 🤷🏾‍♂️
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:28 PM - 23 August, 2019
And honestly you shouldn’t be worried about the weight you should be worried about how it was just shoehorned in to make it work with SDJ 🤦🏾‍♂️
DJ L.A. Stylez 9:45 PM - 23 August, 2019
I hear you still I do only mobile gigs one man army and carry it up stairs is a bit much make me wish I had something a bit lighter.... but usually I just deal with it
dj_soo 10:35 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:
carry a small mixer for mics and better sound. So I’ve been thinking about the SX3

SX3 doesn't sound much better than the SR2.

Quote:
Hahaa!! Yeah I know! But now I carry around 2 3700’s with a DJM 900 srt and yes the ProX case has the laptop shelf......

I've been carrying around a 72 and 1-2 3900s myself. The weight isn't great, but it's better than turntables and much more fun than playing on controllers.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:44 PM - 23 August, 2019
Quote:

I've been carrying around a 72 and 1-2 3900s myself. The weight isn't great, but it's better than turntables and much more fun than playing on controllers.

Nice!! And yeah it is lol!!
Gio Alex 12:35 AM - 24 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
carry a small mixer for mics and better sound. So I’ve been thinking about the SX3

SX3 doesn't sound much better than the SR2

Gotcha, welp... guess I’ll have to wait until the 707m comes out or something. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Mr. Goodkat 1:51 AM - 24 August, 2019
road cases are what makes the cdj/mixer modular set up heavy, i use gator bags. I

f you arent going on the road, its fairly easy to carry 2 cdjs and 1 mixer, with backpack.

Pelican cases are also lighter options for cdjs and mixers.
dj_soo 6:50 PM - 25 August, 2019
Quote:
road cases are what makes the cdj/mixer modular set up heavy

When you’re using direct drive controllers/cdjs, it just ends up being heavier overall.

The sc3900s are 12lbs which isn’t that much, even in bags, you have to bring 3 separate units which adds up. I have my players in cases and my 72 in a backpack with a decksaver and even just bring one cdj, it’s pretty heavy compared to when I was using a VCI 380.

For me, flight cases are essential just because so many tables provided at gigs are so low and having the cases to prop up my setup is essential.
DJ ManTron 1:19 AM - 26 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

When you’re using direct drive controllers/cdjs, it just ends up being heavier overall.

The sc3900s are 12lbs which isn’t that much, even in bags, you have to bring 3 separate units which adds up. I have my players in cases and my 72 in a backpack with a decksaver and even just bring one cdj, it’s pretty heavy compared to when I was using a VCI 380.

For me, flight cases are essential just because so many tables provided at gigs are so low and having the cases to prop up my setup is essential.

VCI 380 was a dope controller. It got so many things right. I still have the 400
Mr. Goodkat 4:57 AM - 26 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Get what you're saying but using them to boost height vs losing gear weight is worth it for me.

I can carry 2 cdjs with one hand and its 24lbs vs double that and two hands.

Its hard to compare a 380, as great as it was(i had one) vs a mixer and 2 cdjs on size alone and now sound quality or overall capability
Mr. Goodkat 4:58 AM - 26 August, 2019
*not sound quality or overall capability
DJ Tecniq 5:29 AM - 26 August, 2019
Quote:
Just use these I have them of course they won’t work for all tables but most all folding tables. I’m 6’1 and most tables are way too short for me. Simple solution!

www.amazon.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:24 PM - 26 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Just use these I have them of course they won’t work for all tables but most all folding tables. I’m 6’1 and most tables are way too short for me. Simple solution!

www.amazon.com

I’m 6’1 as well and I’m definitely gonna give these things a go!!
DJ Tecniq 11:35 PM - 26 August, 2019
Heeee’s back & complaining again lol. Pretty much about the same stuff.

youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 11:58 PM - 26 August, 2019
Check out this dudes SRT. I think he got a lemon wtf...
youtu.be
Serato, Support
Mike.C 12:09 AM - 27 August, 2019
Quote:
youtu.be

He's just using a Vestax custom mapping file, if he restores the default MIDI setting everything should be right again. You can see he has the mapping loaded in his video....
DJ Unique 12:19 AM - 27 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
youtu.be

He's just using a Vestax custom mapping file, if he restores the default MIDI setting everything should be right again. You can see he has the mapping loaded in his video....

Yup... I noticed this as well.
LOL
deejdave 12:51 AM - 27 August, 2019
People will believe whatever they want to. Just look at this post alone. Nice to see so much attention on this controller though.
Mr. Goodkat 1:39 AM - 27 August, 2019
Quote:
Heeee’s back & complaining again lol. Pretty much about the same stuff.

youtu.be

how are you playing at major clubs and they have no pioneer setup? and a nexus 2 setup is dated. That accent and speaking tempo is pure grifter(and/or on some type of upper).

nothing wrong with playing at country music clubs, but those arent exactly 'dj' venues.
deejdave 1:54 AM - 27 August, 2019
This video is literally the height of this guys popularity and it was again brought to you by riding the coattails of the SRT the most popular controller to hate :)
Dj Youkai 4:21 AM - 29 August, 2019
Quote:
This video is literally the height of this guys popularity and it was again brought to you by riding the coattails of the SRT the most popular controller to hate :)

Video Has Been Removed 🤣
PFFABG 12:23 PM - 29 August, 2019
Check out this guys video for a much better review of the DDJ 1000SRT.

youtu.be
Djkom 5:33 PM - 30 August, 2019
This new video hits a interesting I haven't noticed before:

youtu.be

The jogwheel screen replicates the screen of SDJ, and the needle position always goes to 12 o'clock for each cue points...so it's difficult to use only this indicator when beatjugglin because it messes the real needle position !!!

Once again RKDJ is more intelligent since there are 2 indicators: the real position and the nearest hot cues ones

But I guess the DDJ 1000SRT users are not scratchers or beat jugglers, so it's not really an issue, isn't it ?
Glenn Ghoul 9:43 PM - 30 August, 2019
Great observation this, still, if you're using cue points to beat juggle that's not quite beat juggling. Nay?
Any kind of jump would need to "reset" the needle so to speak. A beat juggler would be counting relative rotations - probably with their hands. I'm not sure I'd appreciate seeing two indicators at all - but I’ve never spun RKDJ.
Quote:
DDJ 1000SRT users are not scratchers or beat jugglers

Still, that seems like a missed opportunity, isn't the big selling point the CDJ-feel of the decks? Turntablists were all over the CDJs when they dropped because you could start scratching/mixing anything. And the feel was actually pretty good, but different. The sound and the techniques you could use were also different. I always figured I’d end up seeing the kids slaying scratch routines I could only imagine on those, but it’s pretty much DVS or GTFO.

Without a curve adjuster, they're not catering to turntablists – which is a shame, because that fader feels pretty great.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:11 AM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:
youtu.be

The jogwheel screen replicates the screen of SDJ, and the needle position always goes to 12 o'clock for each cue points...so it's difficult to use only this indicator when beatjugglin because it messes the real needle position !!!

Same on the Roland 808.

It’s a serato issue.
dj_soo 5:05 AM - 31 August, 2019
The problem is that the beat marker resets to 12 every time it passes a set cue point so it fucks up being able to read cue marker rotations if your cues are too close together.

Same thing happens on the old vci 380 - it’s a design issue.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:30 AM - 31 August, 2019
Quote:
The problem is that the beat marker resets to 12 every time it passes a set cue point so it fucks up being able to read cue marker rotations if your cues are too close together.

Same thing happens on the old vci 380 - it’s a design issue.

Feature request started.

serato.com
boo-lee 7:06 PM - 3 September, 2019
My DDJ-1000 SRT arrived today.

I have a question though: there's a voucher for the whole Serato suite included. Is this voucher hardware independent or not? I mean: can it only be used with my DDJ-1000 SRT or with any Serato supported hardware (e.g. a DJM-900 mixer)?

I've already bought a Serato DJ + Pitch'n'Time + Video license and I'm not interested in the other expansion packs.

Can I sell this voucher to someone else or is it useless without a DDJ-1000 SRT controller?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:34 PM - 3 September, 2019
Sell it
boo-lee 8:21 PM - 3 September, 2019
Quote:
Sell it

So sure?
Dj Youkai 8:25 PM - 3 September, 2019
I'm Selling.. So Yeah You Can Sell if You don't need it 😊
Dj Youkai 8:25 PM - 3 September, 2019
I'm Selling *Mine
Serato, Support
Mike.C 8:32 PM - 3 September, 2019
Quote:
My DDJ-1000 SRT arrived today.

I have a question though: there's a voucher for the whole Serato suite included. Is this voucher hardware independent or not? I mean: can it only be used with my DDJ-1000 SRT or with any Serato supported hardware (e.g. a DJM-900 mixer)?

I've already bought a Serato DJ + Pitch'n'Time + Video license and I'm not interested in the other expansion packs.

Can I sell this voucher to someone else or is it useless without a DDJ-1000 SRT controller?

Hey boo-lee. The license is not tied to your account or the hardware. It's simply a voucher to redeem those licenses, once they are redeemed the licenses will be attached to the serato account created at the time of redemption. Once somebody has these licenses registered and activated they can be used with any Serato supported hardware connected to the machine it's activated on.

So yes, you could sell the voucher if you don't want/need the expansions.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:09 PM - 3 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Sell it

So sure?

Absolutely sure 🤙🏾
boo-lee 5:40 AM - 4 September, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sell it

So sure?

Absolutely sure 🤙🏾

Thanks!
Jay Free 4:08 PM - 21 October, 2019
So sorry if this has been asked and answered, but what are users doing to use the serato effects? I know the SRT does NOT have the buttons like my current SZ.
DJ Tecniq 7:56 PM - 21 October, 2019
Quote:
So sorry if this has been asked and answered, but what are users doing to use the serato effects? I know the SRT does NOT have the buttons like my current SZ.
Midi map them🤔
Supagee 11:04 PM - 21 October, 2019
there was one 'clean echo out" that i used a lot so i midi mapped it to the sync button as i never use it.

i also fixed the loop feature set up with midi mapping so that it worked like the serato looping works.
DJ Unique 11:23 PM - 21 October, 2019
Quote:
there was one 'clean echo out" that i used a lot so i midi mapped it to the sync button as i never use it.

i also fixed the loop feature set up with midi mapping so that it worked like the serato looping works.

Exactly what I did
deejdave 12:27 AM - 23 October, 2019
Quote:
Personally wanted the XP2 anyways for the added features and it answered the question for me by default.....
Supagee 12:40 AM - 23 October, 2019
midi mapping
henryb 10:40 AM - 12 December, 2019
Quote:
On the original DDJ1000 the round button is the shift button and the rectangle button underneath is the memory button.. it looks like Adj/Slide (adjust and Slide?)
IDK

That buttob if for using the jog wheels to adjust Serato’s beat grid when the software is in Smart Sync mode