Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ 1000 SRT - LOOPS 2x/1x Feature ... Midi Mapping not working !

djccccc 7:29 PM - 17 August, 2019
I think the Loops in the Re mapping of Serato need look with the SRT Unit

The SX2 and SX3 Loops are fantastic ...................... The DDJ 1000SRT is a different unit, and thats fair enough ... but you should be able to do more options with the Looping.

With The Looping with the 1x/ 2x been on a "shift motion" (I think sadly - this is the achilles heel of this DDJ 1000 SRT unit so far .. on what has so much potential!!!

So much to be positive but there are early niggles - unless you have 3 hands, this is not good!! I spent ages yesterday trying to select an "up and down" ... or 1x/2x button in the midi mapping area, unless say you have a SP1 ... with some sort of clicking slection rotating knob, its not mappable ... SERATO ... Does Not give you the option to "go down"

It will allow you to 2x........... Great to extend the loop .. say from 8 to 16 ... ot 1/2 to 3/4 to 1 beat in the loops, but the ... reverse ... the "count down mode" .. from 16 to 8 or 2 to 1 ... the "Halfing" ... like you can do on a CDJ 2000 Nx2 or SX2 which has the propper button or on the S9 ... As the DDJ 1000 SRT has this feature on a Shift Mode ... I don't have a third hand and want to customise Serato in the Midi mapping for reassign another feature to the "2x/1x" feature.

Serato is not allowing me to do this in the Midi mapping area, Ill be honest, Im just tyring to go for a work around to make it similar to the S9 or sx2 way of looping, I didn't anticipate it to be this difficult though!

Needs looking at - and I think its a Software issue with Serato

The SZ .. THE SZ2 ... SX .. SX2 .. SX3 ... **PIONEER DJM S9** Can all use a 1x/2x.. without having to press shift .. midi mapping get around the issue on the DDJ 1000 SRT.

Should be a similar fix
PFFABG 8:09 PM - 17 August, 2019
Quote:
I think the Loops in the Re mapping of Serato need look with the SRT Unit

The SX2 and SX3 Loops are fantastic ...................... The DDJ 1000SRT is a different unit, and thats fair enough ... but you should be able to do more options with the Looping.

With The Looping with the 1x/ 2x been on a "shift motion" (I think sadly - this is the achilles heel of this DDJ 1000 SRT unit so far .. on what has so much potential!!!

So much to be positive but there are early niggles - unless you have 3 hands, this is not good!! I spent ages yesterday trying to select an "up and down" ... or 1x/2x button in the midi mapping area, unless say you have a SP1 ... with some sort of clicking slection rotating knob, its not mappable ... SERATO ... Does Not give you the option to "go down"

It will allow you to 2x........... Great to extend the loop .. say from 8 to 16 ... ot 1/2 to 3/4 to 1 beat in the loops, but the ... reverse ... the "count down mode" .. from 16 to 8 or 2 to 1 ... the "Halfing" ... like you can do on a CDJ 2000 Nx2 or SX2 which has the propper button or on the S9 ... As the DDJ 1000 SRT has this feature on a Shift Mode ... I don't have a third hand and want to customise Serato in the Midi mapping for reassign another feature to the "2x/1x" feature.

Serato is not allowing me to do this in the Midi mapping area, Ill be honest, Im just tyring to go for a work around to make it similar to the S9 or sx2 way of looping, I didn't anticipate it to be this difficult though!

Needs looking at - and I think its a Software issue with Serato

The SZ .. THE SZ2 ... SX .. SX2 .. SX3 ... **PIONEER DJM S9** Can all use a 1x/2x.. without having to press shift .. midi mapping get around the issue on the DDJ 1000 SRT.

Should be a similar fix

Strange, this was brought up in the other thread and I believe Mike C said it was possible to do this. Might hang onto my SX2 if it turns out that you can’t
DJ Tecniq 10:02 PM - 17 August, 2019
You’re best luck is to check your pioneer utility folder where you can access settings. That’s how it is for the S9. Might be the same for the 1000srt.
DJ Tecniq 10:17 PM - 17 August, 2019
Or in Serato settings you have to enable “allow hardware remapping” try that first.
djccccc 4:30 AM - 18 August, 2019
@DJ TECNIQ :: This is exactly what I thought , I expected it to be very similar to the DDJ S9 - i’ve owned one of these units now for the last 3 1/2 years, and I was expecting the options in the utility folder but there is just nothing there currently so this is definitely the first reversion of the software but the definitely needs to be some work on this from both Pioneer & Serato.

That was the first thing I checked what are the options in that utility box and is there anything just like the S9.

To be honest I’m so used to using the S9 I’m expecting exactly the same quality as that mixer is literally the best DJ purchase I’ve ever made it sensationally good.

The SRT, has a lot of potential but you would’ve thought this would’ve been sorted before they sent the units out!
djccccc 4:36 AM - 18 August, 2019
@PFFABG :: I’ll be honest , I thought you were going to be able to do this straightaway as well . I’ve got an SX2 and have deliberately waited for this unit . But I want to make the unit work as much like the SX2 as I can in relation to the fantastic looping system on the a SX2 in comparison to the rather weak looping system on the DDJ1000 SRT.

It’s absolutely integral that I move these buttons - and midi map them as a way round . Well this method is not ideal it certainly would work and the midi mapping capabilities on the other controllers and even on the mix at the S9 are brilliant .

Why there is an issue now with the filters not been able to be mapped - and why you can’t MAP ( to be honest this is a Serato problem and not a pioneer problem the 2x/1x feature - personally I think it’s ridiculous .

You can map it almost going up but you can’t map it when you’re trying to half the beat.

Sarata need to look into how they’ve set up this midi customisation options for this specific feature
djccccc 4:37 AM - 18 August, 2019
Quote:
Or in Serato settings you have to enable “allow hardware remapping” try that first.

Also I’ve tried to do this with the “allow hardware remapping “ On ... I’ll double check it again but this didn’t seem initially possible
DJ Tecniq 8:13 AM - 18 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Also I’ve tried to do this with the “allow hardware remapping “ On ... I’ll double check it again but this didn’t seem initially possible
Well that sucks. I held off on the 1000srt it looks badass but I’m just not comfortable with a 4 ch deck when I mainly use 2. If they dropped a ddj 800srt i would be all over it but i like more space for DVS for my Technics and the 1000srt just doesn’t fit my needs. I have the S9 as well so i love the convenience of 2 channels only. I also noticed there is no firmware yet for the 1000srt It’s still in it’s early stages hopefully they’ll fix the looping feature.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:05 AM - 18 August, 2019
Wonder why they changed the looping mapping for the 1000SRT?

On the Rekordbox version ,a loop can be halved or doubled with the Loop IN and OUT buttons without shift.

Maybe they can update this mapping with a firmware update...but pioneer can’t be forced to do anything
Djkom 2:59 PM - 18 August, 2019
I told you Serato has been lazy on the DDJ 1000SRT integration 😡

This issue comes from SDJ button mapping, SDJ cannot have the same button doing different things according to a "state".
It's obvious that when a loop is engaged the IN/OUT feature is useless. RKDJ is smater on that one 😉

But now you can't even remap the IN/OUT ??? 🤦🏾‍♂️
PFFABG 5:44 PM - 18 August, 2019
Quote:

This issue comes from SDJ button mapping, SDJ cannot have the same button doing different things according to a "state".
It's obvious that when a loop is engaged the IN/OUT feature is useless. RKDJ is smater on that one 😉

So you’re saying the issue isn’t that you can’t map the ‘loop in’ button to half a loop, but that it doesn’t work when a loop is active?

Whatever the issue is, if Serato and Pioneer don’t/can’t sort it out then I won’t be buying one. A complete dealbreaker for me
Djkom 6:16 PM - 18 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

So you’re saying the issue isn’t that you can’t map the ‘loop in’ button to half a loop, but that it doesn’t work when a loop is active?

Whatever the issue is, if Serato and Pioneer don’t/can’t sort it out then I won’t be buying one. A complete dealbreaker for me

In facts, there are 2 issues:
- currently in SDJ one button cannot have 2 different actions (i.e IN and 1/2× or OUT and 2x) depending ln a state ( i.e loop engaged). RKDJ can manage it with the original DDJ 1000.
- According to @djccccc IN/OUT cannot be remapped with the DDJ 1000SRT. I guess it can be 'remapped' but the original IN/OUT is kept so it's like if the 2 functions acts at the same time IN and 1/2x or OUT and 2x...should be easy to fix for SDJ developers

Anyway, when we compare the DDJ 1000 and DDJ 1000SRT, we can't say it's the same thing since they offer completely different user experience and different price.
I really blame Serato for this !
Serato, Support
Mike.C 8:15 PM - 18 August, 2019
Hey all,

It is possible to map 1/2 and double to the in/out buttons, you can also map in/out to the shift layer of those buttons. You just need to map it for each of the 4 decks.

Load a track to deck and click on the saved loop section, here you'll see the buttons that you are trying to map.

I just tried this and can confirm that it works that way you want it to for all 4 decks.
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:04 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
Hey all,

It is possible to map 1/2 and double to the in/out buttons, you can also map in/out to the shift layer of those buttons. You just need to map it for each of the 4 decks.

Load a track to deck and click on the saved loop section, here you'll see the buttons that you are trying to map.

I just tried this and can confirm that it works that way you want it to for all 4 decks.

Is this how loop functions on the CDJ as well (HID)?
Raef 5:39 AM - 19 August, 2019
Quote:
Hey all,

Hey Mike.C, thank you for this confirmation because this was critical to myself in my consideration to purchasing this unit.
If it's not too much to ask, can you please give a brief description walkthrough on how to do the midi mapping process? (e.g in = 1/2, out = double, Shift+in = In, Shift+out = Out). And you said you have to map it to each deck, how do you go about doing that please?
I appreciate your time in helping explain how to do this because as mentioned, I will need this information as i'll be midi mapping these buttons immediately when I purchase the unit.
Serato, Support
Mike.C 8:07 PM - 19 August, 2019
It would be kinda long-winded to write out so I thought this video and image should help to explain it better than I can, hit me back if you're still having trouble though...

How MIDI mapping works: Watchwww.youtube.com

Where those buttons you want to map are: imgur.com
Yona 12:31 AM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
It would be kinda long-winded to write out so I thought this video and image should help to explain it better than I can, hit me back if you're still having trouble though...

Thanks for the video. I was able to successfully map the 1/2 and 2x buttons. Is it possible to map the 4 Beat Loop/Loop Active button to function like it does on the S9?

For example when I load a track with no loops and use the 1/2 and 2x buttons to select a loop length the loop active button does not activate the selected loop length. Does the loop active button only work when there is a saved loop or a loop has already been set?
DJ Tecniq 12:35 AM - 20 August, 2019
Great size comparison of the 1000srt compared to the SZ2 & SX2. I thought it was much bigger but it’s slightly bigger than the SX series.
youtu.be
Yona 12:45 AM - 20 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the video. I was able to successfully map the 1/2 and 2x buttons. Is it possible to map the 4 Beat Loop/Loop Active button to function like it does on the S9?

For example when I load a track with no loops and use the 1/2 and 2x buttons to select a loop length the loop active button does not activate the selected loop length. Does the loop active button only work when there is a saved loop or a loop has already been set?

Figured it out. The 4 Beat Loop button needs to mapped to Autoloop instead of Loop Active. It's located underneath Loop Size in the Midi Panel.
DJ ManTron 5:58 AM - 20 August, 2019
Yeah it works! I changed my in and out loop functions to be 1/2 to 2x and made the 4 bar loop to be auto loop. After owning vestax 380, 400, NS6, denon mc7000, SX2, the 1000srt is feeling really good.
Dj Youkai 7:39 AM - 20 August, 2019
Thanks Guys for Figuring It Out. And Thanks Tecniq for the Comparison video link 😊
PFFABG 9:22 AM - 27 August, 2019
This might be a little redundant now, but there’s a quick video on YouTube about this.

youtu.be
musiclee 12:59 PM - 27 August, 2019
Is this halfing in/out of loops
Also an issue on the 707m?
I know this is an SRT thread
But interested in that function and how it works
DJ Unique 3:09 PM - 27 August, 2019
Quote:
This might be a little redundant now, but there’s a quick video on YouTube about this.

youtu.be

Thanks
djmt99 5:28 AM - 29 August, 2019
So, I used to do something like this with the SZ since I couldn't do an echo out (effects were pre-fade). Regardless, I like being able to fake an echo out with a loop out and would still like to have that functionality. With the SZ, I could go to the loop roll pads, tap the desired beat length (4, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4, etc) and then when I clicked Auto Loop, it would engage at whichever position I hit the button at. The 4 Beat Loop does that, but it's only 4 beats. The midi-remap workaround above allows me to select the desired beat length thru loop roll, but when I click the loop button, it only loops the point at which I tapped the beat lengths, and not at the given point when the loop is engaged.

Am I missing something?
PFFABG 4:28 PM - 18 October, 2019
Quote:
So, I used to do something like this with the SZ since I couldn't do an echo out (effects were pre-fade). Regardless, I like being able to fake an echo out with a loop out and would still like to have that functionality. With the SZ, I could go to the loop roll pads, tap the desired beat length (4, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4, etc) and then when I clicked Auto Loop, it would engage at whichever position I hit the button at. The 4 Beat Loop does that, but it's only 4 beats. The midi-remap workaround above allows me to select the desired beat length thru loop roll, but when I click the loop button, it only loops the point at which I tapped the beat lengths, and not at the given point when the loop is engaged.

Am I missing something?

Hi there, not sure if you managed to figure this one out or not. It sounds like you’ve mapped the 4 beat loop button to the loop icon in the loops section. I just got my SRT and did the same thing first time.

If you go into midi and map the 4 beat loop button to “autoloop” underneath the loops and cues section it should do what you want it to do 👍