DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Bassboss ZV28 or SSP218 vs JTR Captivator 218 Pro

SG SOUNDS 5:44 PM - 27 November, 2018
Bassboss ssp218 and zv28 subs is getting alot of great reviews from all over, JTR Captivator 218pro is very similar in specs but costs way cheaper.

Just wanted to hear you guys thoughts on the 2 subs any info is greatly appreciated...p diddy come hola
DJ Reflex 11:19 PM - 27 November, 2018
I just posted in another thread about my Bassboss SSP118's... Freaking awesome bass and clear sound. Can't go wrong with these subs.
DJ Reflex 11:20 PM - 27 November, 2018
serato.com

The more I use these subs, the more I love them!
pdidy 3:04 AM - 28 November, 2018
Quote:
Bassboss ssp218 and zv28 subs is getting alot of great reviews from all over, JTR Captivator 218pro is very similar in specs but costs way cheaper.

Just wanted to hear you guys thoughts on the 2 subs any info is greatly appreciated...p diddy come hola

For most dj's the ssp218 is the better choice compared to the zv28. Nobody has ever compared the JTR Captivator 218pro vs the Bassboss ssp218 but I would wager the quality is close to the Bassboss. The fact the JTR is nearly half the price of the Bassboss really complicates things. If I were a gambling man I'd bet that the JTR Captivator 218pro is the better buy for the money when you're almost getting 2 for 1 !
SG SOUNDS 5:04 AM - 28 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

For most dj's the ssp218 is the better choice compared to the zv28. Nobody has ever compared the JTR Captivator 218pro vs the Bassboss ssp218 but I would wager the quality is close to the Bassboss. The fact the JTR is nearly half the price of the Bassboss really complicates things. If I were a gambling man I'd bet that the JTR Captivator 218pro is the better buy for the money when you're almost getting 2 for 1 !

What about the horn loaded Orbit Shifter or Danley th118 vs the Bassboss subs front loaded subs?
SG SOUNDS 12:20 PM - 28 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What about the horn loaded Orbit Shifter or Danley th118 vs the Bassboss subs front loaded subs?

Reached out to David from Bassboss with the questions from this thread and this is what he had to say

I have no first-hand experience with the JTR OS or the new Captivator vented box. All I can do for the moment is point out the observable differences.

Both the JTR boxes have ceramic magnet drivers whereas all the BASSBOSS subs have Neodymium magnet drivers. The ceramic ferrite magnets are cheaper but they are heavier and on the whole ceramic ferrite tends to yield a lower intensity magnetic field in the gap which can result in a lower efficiency motor. The benefits of Neodymium motors are reduced weight and, generally, increased sensitivity but they are more expensive.

The JTR boxes use 15mm Baltic Birch whereas the BASSBOSS boxes use 18mm Baltic Birch. The BASSBOSS double-18" cabinets are slightly heavier than the JTR Captivators even though the BASSBOSS have Neodymium magnets, so the additional weight is probably due to thicker panels and more bracing.

The JTR Captivator 218PRO is apparently supplied with a ICE power 1200AS2 amplifier, which has a power supply rated for 1200 Watts RMS. The amplifier has 2 output channels rated for 1200W each but they both draw from the same power supply, limiting the maximum continuous output to 1200 Watts. This is a good quality amplifier and in fact we are considering using it in our forthcoming compact single 15” subwoofer.

In comparison, the BASSBOSS double-18” subwoofers have 4000W RMS amplifiers, roughly 4 x the power. This amplifier is capable of delivering 4000W of continuous output. This level of power is what we provide because we expect our subwoofers to satisfy the demands for continuous high-output at low frequencies.

The Orbit Shifter does seem to be available with a similar amplifier but from what information I can find it doesn’t offer more output at low frequencies than the BASSBOSS vented boxes, particularly not the ZV28. No matter how good the Orbit Shifter is as a horn-loaded subwoofer, there are limits to the benefits of portable horn-loaded subwoofers. In short, if a subwoofer is to be portable and horn-loaded, it can’t be effective and efficient at very low frequencies.

If you’re not satisfied with the Orbit Shifters for some reason, you need to determine what that reason is. Front-loaded subs sound different from horn-loaded subs. The BASSBOSS models offer extremely flat frequency response, which is a characteristic that horn-loaded subs don’t offer as a rule. Horn-loaded subs can make better use of limited amplifier power, but we provide plentiful power so that’s not a limitation of the BASSBOSS boxes. I have my preference, and I spent decades pursuing the ultimate horn-loaded subwoofer so I’m not lacking for perspective. In short, portable-sized horn-loaded subwoofers cannot satisfy my desire for extremely low-frequency bass. That said, it isn’t just that a subwoofer is front-loaded that makes it able to satisfy. It also needs to be outstanding in the category of front-loaded subwoofers. Unfortunately that kind of performance doesn’t come cheap.

I’m curious to hear why you’re considering active, front-loaded subs when you already have seemingly very capable horn-loaded subwoofers in your possession?

Regards,

David Lee

BASSBOSS
DJ Reflex 11:52 PM - 28 November, 2018
^^ Good response ^^

A buddy of mine has a dozen 18" horn loaded subs. We built them with ceramic Eminence drivers and are powering them with good QSC amps... While they do make some noise, they do not go lower than 40/45 Hz very effectively. Also, they are great at long throw sound (they can fill an entire baseball field with uniform bass sound), but they do not punch hard at close distances - inside clubs n' such. We use different subs for different purposes. It's a luxury for us, yes, but when you look into new equipment - be sure to buy something that will fit 80%+ of your needs.
dj_soo 12:55 AM - 29 November, 2018
Quote:
our forthcoming compact single 15” subwoofer.

ooooh
Johnnynights 5:11 AM - 29 November, 2018
Hey RIDDIM I own 1 ssp218 and I love that double sub I even sold my 2 jbl srx818sp because im always using the bassboss lol..

I have heard and used the zv28 and with low frequency music is awesome,i picked up the ssp218 because not all the music I play goes that low...

I feel like the zv28 is much more smoother than my ssp218 but the ssp218 has more of a punch to it than the zv28.
SG SOUNDS 12:22 PM - 29 November, 2018
Quote:
Hey RIDDIM I own 1 ssp218 and I love that double sub I even sold my 2 jbl srx818sp because im always using the bassboss lol..

I have heard and used the zv28 and with low frequency music is awesome,i picked up the ssp218 because not all the music I play goes that low...

I feel like the zv28 is much more smoother than my ssp218 but the ssp218 has more of a punch to it than the zv28.

Ok that's good to know because i was debating about the 2, rather have the ssp218 with more punch.

Have you used them outdoors as yet and are you running them on 20 amp breakers?

I'm also trying to figure out what tops can complement 4 ssp218
DeeJayOnyx 12:52 PM - 29 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Ok that's good to know because i was debating about the 2, rather have the ssp218 with more punch.

I have the 2 SSP118 and four DV12 at the moment. This combination is portable and capable either indoor or outdoor event. 2 SSP118 and 2 DV12 will run on full tilt with just a 20 Amp circuit.

If I have the truck space and manpower, VS21 is My best pick. But I’m on the portable side so I can’t ask for more, lol! All of the Bassboss tops sounds good to me, I like the wide dispersion of DV12 and also the midrange goes farther from my experience.
SG SOUNDS 1:25 PM - 29 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have the 2 SSP118 and four DV12 at the moment. This combination is portable and capable either indoor or outdoor event. 2 SSP118 and 2 DV12 will run on full tilt with just a 20 Amp circuit.

If I have the truck space and manpower, VS21 is My best pick. But I’m on the portable side so I can’t ask for more, lol! All of the Bassboss tops sounds good to me, I like the wide dispersion of DV12 and also the midrange goes farther from my experience.

The VS21 looks killer when stacked 2 high, but I'm seriously looking at 4 ssp218 to send down in the islands
Johnnynights 6:16 PM - 29 November, 2018
Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="15">

You will love the ssp218...I would have a second one if o had more truck space.

Yes I use them mostly outdoors,I play a lot of Latin music since most of my customers are latino and even with spanish music they sound good.

Yeah I'm running these on 20 amp breakers you will be fine..if I had more I would run separate.

Right now I still use my 2 jbl srx815p with the ssp218 it goes good with it but the sub is pretty powerful for them sometimes once its loud..

I think like some line array speaker for the tops would be a good combo with 4 ssp218..like the HDL series from rcf..or those bassboss dv12 but like 4 of them.
Johnnynights 6:22 PM - 29 November, 2018
Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="17">

<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="15">

Onyx you have a nice portable system...more ahead i want those dv12 and maybe just 1 ssp118 for the small gigs to not take out my ssp218...they are pricey however lol

I heard the vs21 it's a badd ass sub but I fell in love with the sound of the ssp218 lol...I think my favorite subs from bassboss are the ssp series and the zv series..
pdidy 12:53 AM - 30 November, 2018
When I attended the Bassboss demo the crowd favorite was hands down the Bassboss VS21.
This was because it does everything perfectly, it goes low like the Bassboss zv28 while still achieve the heavy PUNCH of the Bassboss ssp218. It's the best of both worlds.
SG SOUNDS 2:00 AM - 30 November, 2018
Quote:
When I attended the Bassboss demo the crowd favorite was hands down the Bassboss VS21.
This was because it does everything perfectly, it goes low like the Bassboss zv28 while still achieve the heavy PUNCH of the Bassboss ssp218. It's the best of both worlds.

You think 2 VS21 would have similar output of 2 ssp218s?
pdidy 12:34 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

yes, David Lee hits on that topic a lil bit here. Worth the read, this dude is a freakin sub-genius....smh
www.bassboss.com
pdidy 12:50 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
The VS21 looks killer when stacked 2 high, but I'm seriously looking at 4 ssp218 to send down in the islands

David Lee actually recommends the VS21for dancehall/soca. but to be honest you can't go wrong at this level. Are you playing current or old school dancehall/soca?
SG SOUNDS 1:05 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

David Lee actually recommends the VS21for dancehall/soca. but to be honest you can't go wrong at this level. Are you playing current or old school dancehall/soca?

Playing both current and old school dancehall/soca, probably a better comparison would be the jtr os which I currently own or the danley th118? I'm looking for a active set up that can hit like my OS, I already know the bassboss will go lower than the os but the OS should be louder at different frequency's
SG SOUNDS 1:56 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yes, David Lee hits on that topic a lil bit here. Worth the read, this dude is a freakin sub-genius....smh
www.bassboss.com

Just read the article and yes he goes deep, and very persuasive. The mombo jumbo in the end not sure were he's getting at though, but great read nevertheless.
Hugabone 7:06 PM - 9 December, 2018
I just heard a pair of JBL SRX828's last night and they hit pretty hard. I just don't have the space for two large subs. I need two reasonably priced singles or one large subs and contemplating on which to get. I play R&B and hip hop mainly. I need something powerful that will stand out and hit you in the chest for medium crowds. I was looking a the Captivator 212pro, VS21 or the SSP218. David Lee did mentioned the SRX828 does play a little louder and goes lower than the SSP118 but two SSP118 is more than I want to spend. Looks like the genres I play doesnt go that deep. What would be a good sub/subs for the genre I play.
Taipanic 6:04 PM - 12 December, 2018
The big Bass Boss subs are designed to go very low at a high volume. The Orbit Shifters & Danley TH-118s don't have much useful output below 30. The Yorkville LS801 doesn't have much output below 40. All are considered kick-ass speakers for one reason or another. In my opinion, if you plan to play a lot of Dubstep/Bass Music with super low hz tracks, the BB line will probably be the best output for the money (though def not cheap). Regular Dance, House, Reggae, Rock, the JTRs & Danleys have low enough output, quality sound, and a lot of power. Balling on a budget and want to knock pictures off the walls? Can;t go wrong with the Yorkvilles. I considered the BB line but would need $20k or more of subs for a 300 person venue to get the sound I would want. I decided the tradeoff of not going into the 20s was OK for most of the music I plan to play at the venue I plan to open so I have gone with Danley & JTR gear at this time, I also own a Yorkville system. There is also different sound from the front loaded, tapped, & horn loaded subs, you need to decide which you prefer for the music you play. If I feel the need to go lower I would definitely consider the BB line.
Happy Recycling 10:48 PM - 12 December, 2018
I would suggest Tuba 60's. Check out what this guy did: dual loaded Lab 15's.

billfitzmaurice.info
pdidy 3:22 AM - 14 December, 2018
With all of this new sub talk, I've really been considering the upgrade to the JTR Captivator 218 Pro.

I currently own 6 X JBL VRX918sp subs with a peak spl = 145db
2 X JTR Captivator pro's peak spl = 147db

So 2 X JTR Captivator pro's is equal to approx. 6 X JBL VRX918sp subs in spl. But there's no point in upgrading subs unless you're doubling your output with a +6db increase. So my goal would need to be.....

4 X JTR Captivator pro's peak spl = 153db
It would take 12 VRX subs to equal that spl but the JTR's will still WIN because it goes significantly LOWER (34hz vs 27hz).

4 X JTR Captivator pro's cost $10,000 minus the resell value of 6 JBL VRX918sp.

My out of pocket cost could be as little as $1600 to make a MAJOR BASS upgrade....hmmm
dj_soo 3:52 AM - 14 December, 2018
would you keep your VRX tops to match with the Captivator pros?
pdidy 4:01 AM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:

I will likely switch to Column arrays like the RCF NX L24-A or DB technologies INGENIA IG4T.

But the VRX tops should have the spl advantage while the Column arrays have a lil sound quality advantage so its hard to say just yet.
SG SOUNDS 11:23 AM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I will likely switch to Column arrays like the RCF NX L24-A or DB technologies INGENIA IG4T.

But the VRX tops should have the spl advantage while the Column arrays have a lil sound quality advantage so its hard to say just yet.

The 3txnoesis would compliment the 4 Cap pro's nicely
SG SOUNDS 12:23 PM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Playing both current and old school dancehall/soca, probably a better comparison would be the jtr os which I currently own or the danley th118? I'm looking for a active set up that can hit like my OS, I already know the bassboss will go lower than the os but the OS should be louder at different frequency's

Was checking out the spl/hz graphs for both Bassboss and the JTR subs, even at low frequency's a little below 30hz the Orbit Shifter stills spanks both the ssp218 and the vs21 in spl or maybe I'm reading the graphs wrong?

According to a few post on fb from people who owns both the OS and Cap pro218 they claim they cant really tell a difference in output between the 2, but according to jeff the OS is still louder

Data Sheets

www.bassboss.com

www.data-bass.com
pdidy 9:54 PM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The 3txnoesis would compliment the 4 Cap pro's nicely

Exactly, if they were powered it'll be no discussion.
pdidy 9:58 PM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Was checking out the spl/hz graphs for both Bassboss and the JTR subs, even at low frequency's a little below 30hz the Orbit Shifter stills spanks both the ssp218 and the vs21 in spl or maybe I'm reading the graphs wrong?

According to a few post on fb from people who owns both the OS and Cap pro218 they claim they cant really tell a difference in output between the 2, but according to jeff the OS is still louder

Data Sheets

www.bassboss.com

www.data-bass.com

DJbman is a member on here and owns both the OS and Cap pro218. I asked him recently what's his preference and he now prefers the Cap pro218.
pdidy 10:05 PM - 14 December, 2018
Quote:

The problem is there are so many variables in the way that the speakers were measured you need to be a speaker engineer to determined if the comparison was fair. After listening to people like jeff from jtr or David Lee you realize how much you just don't know. lol
Certified Quality Entertainment 3:00 PM - 16 December, 2018
Quote:
With all of this new sub talk, I've really been considering the upgrade to the JTR Captivator 218 Pro.

So 2 X JTR Captivator pro's is equal to approx. 6 X JBL VRX918sp subs in spl. But there's no point in upgrading subs unless you're doubling your output with a +6db increase. So my goal would need to be.....

It would take 12 VRX subs to equal that spl but the JTR's will still WIN because it goes significantly LOWER (34hz vs 27hz).

My out of pocket cost could be as little as $1600 to make a MAJOR BASS upgrade....hmmm

Looks like someone has a system for sale! :)
pdidy 8:28 PM - 16 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Looks like someone has a system for sale! :)

lol......yes did you see it
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:13 AM - 17 December, 2018
I did yep! Did you decide what you are gonna do for tops? Looks like you are set with you sub choice
pdidy 2:03 AM - 17 December, 2018
Quote:
I did yep! Did you decide what you are gonna do for tops? Looks like you are set with you sub choice

to be Honest is really all about subs, my tops are not as big a concern, Im cool with even keeping the ones I have if they don't sell at the price I want. But if my prices are met it'll be cool to have some new stuff like the RCF NX L24-A or DB technologies INGENIA IG4T. It makes for a nice new look most DJs have not used or seen yet in the larger DJ sound systems. I'm quite sure it will stir up a lot of doubt and conversation.
deejaybman 4:53 AM - 18 December, 2018
As I said in another thread,

ZV28 is #1
JTR Cap 218 Pro is #2

I attended a bass boss demo and was definitely wow'd by 4 ZV28's. I own 6 Orbit Shifters and 2 Cap 218 subs (plan on adding more).

ZV28 is more suitable for anyone playing stuff below 30hz. Unless you're playing Drum N Bass or EDM, you won't tell the difference between either sub. The true difference is when you have stuff going in the 28-21hz region.
SG SOUNDS 5:19 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:

ZV28 is #1
JTR Cap 218 Pro is #2

I attended a bass boss demo and was definitely wow'd by 4 ZV28's. I own 6 Orbit Shifters and 2 Cap 218 subs (plan on adding more).

ZV28 is more suitable for anyone playing stuff below 30hz. Unless you're playing Drum N Bass or EDM, you won't tell the difference between either sub. The true difference is when you have stuff going in the 28-21hz region.

Did it wow you like 4 orbit shifters though????
deejaybman 7:49 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

ZV28 is #1
JTR Cap 218 Pro is #2

Did it wow you like 4 orbit shifters though????

serato.com
pdidy 12:53 AM - 19 December, 2018
Quote:

ZV28 is #1
JTR Cap 218 Pro is #2

That's good enough for me, I will happily take # 2.
djcoalcut 11:04 AM - 20 January, 2019
I'm also another OS (x4) owner whose looking into the Cap 218 Pros. If they can get close to the OS loudness I may have to pull the trigger.
I'm just concerned about the Cap 218 performance at outdoor events (that's where the OS shines).

Regarding BassBoss:
I got a chance to attend the demo tour here in Los Angeles. Luckily this demo was outside (nothing to interfere with the sound).

1. The ZV28s were very impressive however when non EDM music was played I wasn't as impressed. The OS is definitely louder.

2. The VS21 is louder and sounds better than the ZV28 in my opinion (with less power while playing all types of music).

If I purchase Bassboss subs I'd have to go with the VS21s.

Now the question remains VS21s vs OS vs Cap218 Pros. Hummm?
deejaybman 11:31 AM - 20 January, 2019
I’m hosting a JTR speakers demo here in Chicago. I’ll let you know how the OS compares to the Cap 218. As far as the VS21, that was also my favorite of the group.
Hugabone 4:28 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
I'm also another OS (x4) owner whose looking into the Cap 218 Pros. If they can get close to the OS loudness I may have to pull the trigger.
I'm just concerned about the Cap 218 performance at outdoor events (that's where the OS shines).

Regarding BassBoss:
I got a chance to attend the demo tour here in Los Angeles. Luckily this demo was outside (nothing to interfere with the sound).

1. The ZV28s were very impressive however when non EDM music was played I wasn't as impressed. The OS is definitely louder.

2. The VS21 is louder and sounds better than the ZV28 in my opinion (with less power while playing all types of music).

I was going to get the Cap218 but I ended up going with the VS21. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use it last night for a Sweet 16 gig in a gym because it was canceled. I haven't heard either of the JTR's to compare. I would love to hear how they compare.
deejaybman 4:33 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Regarding BassBoss:

I was going to get the Cap218 but I ended up going with the VS21. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use it last night for a Sweet 16 gig in a gym because it was canceled. I haven't heard either of the JTR's to compare. I would love to hear how they compare.

Here’s 1 Cap218 in an auditorium. Watchm.youtube.com
djcoalcut 11:01 AM - 21 January, 2019
@Deejaybman:

Looking forward to hearing/seeing your JTR demo (Please record it and post online)

Also find out if Jeff has any plans for active tops.
WilliamChandler 1:19 PM - 21 January, 2019
Waiting for more news from you
pdidy 5:46 AM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

ZV28 is #1
JTR Cap 218 Pro is #2

OK its official, I sold my entire JBL VRX system of 4 tops & 6 subs photos.app.goo.gl one day ago and ordered my new subs today.......4 X JTR Cap 218 Pro's

I added a few modifications.....M20 pole mounts on tops and sides, 4 x swivel casters on back of subs so I can move 2 at a time.

The anxiety is killing me right now......haven't slept well in 2 days lol. media.tenor.com
deejaybman 9:51 AM - 15 February, 2019
Congratulations! Welcome to the club.
DJ Guayo 2:33 PM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ZV28 is #1
JTR Cap 218 Pro is #2

OK its official, I sold my entire JBL VRX system of 4 tops & 6 subs photos.app.goo.gl one day ago and ordered my new subs today.......4 X JTR Cap 218 Pro's

I added a few modifications.....M20 pole mounts on tops and sides, 4 x swivel casters on back of subs so I can move 2 at a time.

The anxiety is killing me right now......haven't slept well in 2 days lol. media.tenor.com

Oh shit!!! Congrats.. I'm getting out the game and finishing up what i have booked for the year. If I was still going strong I was thinking of selling my RCF 8004s and moving over to the JTR Cap 218s. What tops are you going to run? RCF 745s?
SELECT 4:27 PM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ZV28 is #1
JTR Cap 218 Pro is #2

How did you get the mods done and is that extra? The way your getting them is how I would want them.
siroc5 6:34 PM - 15 February, 2019
Congrats pdidy!!! Welcome to the JTR Family looking forward to visually seeing your setup in pics and vids to come im sure.
siroc5 6:35 PM - 15 February, 2019
Also curious what are you using for tops on your Cap 218
SG SOUNDS 8:48 PM - 15 February, 2019
Welcome to the JTR family boss, the 3txnoesis would compliment your 4 Cap 4's easily, but they dont come powered unfortunately.
pdidy 9:52 PM - 15 February, 2019
Oh shit!!! Congrats.. I'm getting out the game and finishing up what i have booked for the year. If I was still going strong I was thinking of selling my RCF 8004s and moving over to the JTR Cap 218s. What tops are you going to run? RCF 745s?
getting out the game? why?

4 X RCF NX L24-A or DB technologies INGENIA IG4T for my tops but i still have the rcf745's.
pdidy 9:59 PM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
How did you get the mods done and is that extra? The way your getting them is how I would want them.

I just told Jeff from JTR what I wanted and he said "no problem I can do that" so he's making the modifications himself in the shop. Yes the modification was extra but Jeff only charged me for parts (maybe because Im spending $10,000 on 4 subs)so it was actually surprisingly inexpensive and worth it. I would not want to have to do this myself.
pdidy 10:00 PM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
Congrats pdidy!!! Welcome to the JTR Family looking forward to visually seeing your setup in pics and vids to come im sure.

Well if you know me I'm going to have pictures and video from every angle....lol
pdidy 10:02 PM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
Welcome to the JTR family boss, the 3txnoesis would compliment your 4 Cap 4's easily, but they dont come powered unfortunately.

Trust me I thought about it but they're passive so it's a dealbreaker.

4 X RCF NX L24-A or DB technologies INGENIA IG4T we'll be in my near future.
pdidy 10:03 PM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
Congratulations! Welcome to the club.

Thanks I'm pretty sure I'll be on your Instagram later today asking questions..lol
pdidy 11:58 PM - 15 February, 2019
So basically the system will have this appearance with 2 cap218pro per side photos.app.goo.gl
Rebelguy 12:05 AM - 16 February, 2019
Since Jeff does mods I’m wondering if he could install an additional amp plate and a powercon out in the 218s which could be used to feed the 3tx.
pdidy 3:46 AM - 16 February, 2019
Quote:
Since Jeff does mods I’m wondering if he could install an additional amp plate and a power out in the 218s which could be used to feed the 3tx.

Hmmm, that would be interesting if design and space permitted.
DJ Reflex 7:05 AM - 16 February, 2019
I did manage to install a powercon pass-through output on two of my three BassBoss subs. I told BassBoss about it and they just chuckled and commended me on the small modification. I think I voided the warranty on the plate amp, but I'm not worried. :)
SG SOUNDS 3:16 PM - 16 February, 2019
Quote:
Since Jeff does mods I’m wondering if he could install an additional amp plate and a powercon out in the 218s which could be used to feed the 3tx.

Very interesting thought
DJ Guayo 2:53 PM - 17 February, 2019
Quote:
getting out the game? why?

4 X RCF NX L24-A or DB technologies INGENIA IG4T for my tops but i still have the rcf745's.

I have two little ones and I want to spend more time with them. I'm guess I'm not out completely but going to take a break. I'll be living vicariously through the guys on the forums. make sure to post plenty of videos and pics.
Taipanic 5:09 PM - 20 February, 2019
Congrats PDidy, cant wait to hear your reviews. The Noesis are great sounding and insanely loud & clear, not really to much of a hassle being passive when you can get a one or two rack space amp in a small case with EQ/Wireless mics .
I've also added to my arsenal:

2 Danley SH-69s
4 Danley TH-118
1 Danley DNA20k

2 JTR Orbit Shifters
2 JTR Noesis 3TX
1 Crown XTI6002
1 Powersoft K10

2 Yamaha DSR112s
4 Yorkville LS801ps

1 QSC Touchmix 16
Certified Quality Entertainment 5:18 PM - 20 February, 2019
Sooooo jealous!!! :)
pdidy 12:18 AM - 21 February, 2019
2 Danley SH-69s
4 Danley TH-118
1 Danley DNA20k
1 Powersoft K10
1 QSC Touchmix 16
media.giphy.com
Hmmm, Impressive didn't know you had these.....
pdidy 12:20 AM - 21 February, 2019
Taipanic..... OK Danley TH-118 vs JTR Orbit Shifters ?
577er 12:26 AM - 21 February, 2019
Also... Danley SH-69 vs JTR Noesis3TX. What's the real world difference? Very interested to know!
pdidy 12:39 AM - 21 February, 2019
7 day count down till delivery.......

(Gear porn) deejaybman posted a set of 4 captivator 218pro's here

photos.app.goo.gl
photos.app.goo.gl
pdidy 12:40 AM - 21 February, 2019
Quote:
Also... Danley SH-69 vs JTR Noesis3TX. What's the real world difference? Very interested to know!

Yet that too.....thank you sir
Taipanic 12:52 AM - 21 February, 2019
Quote:
Taipanic..... OK Danley TH-118 vs JTR Orbit Shifters ?

I haven't done a side by side comparison yet but I think they both sound great. When I do I'll post my opinions but can't go wrong with either, for sure.

Quote:

Another that is hard to say. I don't think I've run the Noesis above 50%, even when running a bass stage with 8 Yorkvilles. They stay clear and get crazy loud. The SH-69s have a narrower horizontal dispersion but have filled the few rooms I've played with them so far. Both are three way, the Danley are much heavier due to having 6 additional drivers and cannot be pole mounted.
We brought Frankie Bones in for a show in December, used the 4 TH-118s and the 2 SH-69s. Was 102 db at front of stage and 102 db at the back of the room, even sound throughout. Room capacity was around 300. You could still talk and feel the bass anywhere in the room and no ear fatigue at the end of the night.
Not counting just sound quality, I think Danley has some advantages being a larger company
that uses easy to source components and makes additional scalable gear. JTR has one of the best quality/value ratios in my opinion. I think both are a level above what most of the competition are using. Keep in mind much of my high end gear is destined for a venue at some point, I've been working towards that for the last few years and am just waiting for the right opportunity to arise. I have been doing a lot more sound & lighting gigs recently, this gear needs to pay for itself!
Taipanic 1:12 AM - 21 February, 2019
Here is some pics of my gear from recent gigs
photos.app.goo.gl
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:02 AM - 21 February, 2019
Pdidy

Did you take a big hit when you sold your VRX? Was it all to one buyer or you split up? How much did it all go did if you don’t mind me asking.
DJ Reflex 3:28 AM - 21 February, 2019
Quote:
photos.app.goo.gl

Just curious about the lasers you're using... I got the KVANT Clubmax series and love them! Yours look pretty dope.
pdidy 6:00 AM - 21 February, 2019
Quote:
Pdidy

Did you take a big hit when you sold your VRX? Was it all to one buyer or you split up? How much did it all go did if you don’t mind me asking.

I wanted a single buyer and by luck I found one after 3 months, I had already decided I would not split it up because it would be too time-consuming and a headake (but I would make more by splitting). I did well on the sell and luckily got what I asked for. 4 X vrx932lap tops & 6 X vrx918sp subs for $17,000. The system had already paid for itself and the 17K is very close to what I paid for it.
pdidy 6:12 AM - 21 February, 2019
What's really crazy is my new system with 2 x the spl sub output will only cost me about $16,000 for subs and tops.....The only downside is the weight of the subs, my JBL VRX system was so light and mobile I could setup alone without even working hard. Doubling my sub output is the only reason I made this trade-off.
Taipanic 4:43 PM - 21 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
photos.app.goo.gl

Just curious about the lasers you're using... I got the KVANT Clubmax series and love them! Yours look pretty dope.

They are generics. I bought the complete inventory of a lighting company from a friend who decided to get out of the business to get the start of my lighting. I've since then replaced much of that gear but not the lasers. I have 3 1 watt & 2 3 watt units, controlled with Pangolin. In a few of the pics you may see the Blizzard Laserblade Gs. They are a green only laser on a moving head chassis.
The Kvants are super nice and will probably be my choice when I upgrade.
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:23 PM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:
What's really crazy is my new system with 2 x the spl sub output will only cost me about $16,000 for subs and tops.....The only downside is the weight of the subs, my JBL VRX system was so light and mobile I could setup alone without even working hard. Doubling my sub output is the only reason I made this trade-off.

I hear ya. Good luck with it

That was the reason I moved away from the York’s to go with the cap 212. Actually did lose some output but the ease of transport is primary for me. 99% of my gigs can easily be done by the 2 cap 212s
Rebelguy 7:12 PM - 23 February, 2019
A bit off topic but does anyone know how the Captivator 212Pros compare to the VRX918SPs? I would definitely like to lighten my load a bit if I can get comparable sound quality and output.
djcoalcut 6:00 AM - 11 March, 2019
Pdidy

Did you ever receive your Cap 218 pros?

If so, what are your thoughts?

Also how are you dealing with the amp modules not having a signal pass thru?
SG SOUNDS 11:05 AM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:
Pdidy

Did you ever receive your Cap 218 pros?

If so, what are your thoughts?

Also how are you dealing with the amp modules not having a signal pass thru?

He discusses this in this thread, just read through the thread
dj_soo 11:20 AM - 11 March, 2019
it's this thread: serato.com
SG SOUNDS 3:08 PM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:
it's this thread: serato.com

+1 this
djcoalcut 3:48 AM - 13 March, 2019
Thanks.