DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

JTR CAPTIVATOR 218PRO REVIEW

pdidy 3:45 PM - 28 February, 2019
I will be reviewing the JTR CAPTIVATOR 218PRO.......
I ordered 4 but unfortunately, FedEx lost two of them so im kind of pissed right now.
I Have a large ski trip event starting tomorrow Friday through Sunday so it will be the perfect place to demo these subs. I will try to keep a detailed log of their performance throughout the weekend in case anyone is interested in them. And without a doubt, I will push them to their designed limits.
photos.app.goo.gl
photos.app.goo.gl
photos.app.goo.gl
photos.app.goo.gl
photos.app.goo.gl
DJ Guayo 4:07 PM - 28 February, 2019
Tracking....
SELECT 4:53 PM - 28 February, 2019
Wow, those are beautiful.
SELECT 5:15 PM - 28 February, 2019
I only see one pole mountm, is that correct? From the looks of it these aren't meant to be laid down?
pdidy 6:28 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
I only see one pole mountm, is that correct? From the looks of it these aren't meant to be laid down?

Right that’s why I had two of them modified with M20 pole mounts on sides. Didn’t need all four modified because they will be stacked photos.app.goo.gl
pdidy 6:29 PM - 28 February, 2019
Yea I was thinking lol
pdidy 6:30 PM - 28 February, 2019
All subs have subs have pole m20 mounts on top though
pdidy 6:35 PM - 28 February, 2019
But all m20 are modifications because they come with regular pole mounts on top only.
pdidy 6:45 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
pdidy 6:45 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

That’s the same thing I said they are really freaking pretty
dj_soo 6:59 PM - 28 February, 2019
How the fuck does fedex “lose” a pair of near 200 lb boxes?

Looking forward to hearing your review - hope you get your full order soon.
deejaybman 7:15 PM - 28 February, 2019
Welcome to the Cap 218 club. I believe you’re the only one with 4 of these as of now.
pdidy 8:43 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:

Looking forward to hearing your review - hope you get your full order soon.

Apparently they found the truck that it was left on I might be traveling from Brooklyn to New Jersey to try to pick them up
pdidy 8:44 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
Welcome to the Cap 218 club. I believe you’re the only one with 4 of these as of now.

I just tested one of them and I turn the volume up to one and it vibrated my entire house I’m not even exaggerating this really happened
pdidy 8:46 PM - 28 February, 2019
This is the same sound quality that I experience from bassboss
Hugabone 8:49 PM - 28 February, 2019
Good luck with them, I have a gig tomorrow for the first time with my VS21. I started to get a Cap 218 but decided to go with Bassboss. I tested it in my house and it shook the whole house as well. How would you compare the VS 21 to the Cap 218 since youve heard them both?
pdidy 8:54 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
Good luck with them, I have a gig tomorrow for the first time with my VS21. I started to get a Cap 218 but decided to go with Bassboss. I tested it in my house and it shook the whole house as well. How would you compare the VS 21 to the Cap 218 since youve heard them both?
pdidy 8:57 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

At low-volume the sound quality is equivalent but I really can’t judge yet because I have not turned the captivator up to full volume. I’ve heard the VS 21 at full volume and it is incredible And it does not lose sound quality at high volume
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:37 PM - 28 February, 2019
I have legit speaker envy bruh. Those joints look goot!!!
RIDDIMNBLUES 2:00 AM - 1 March, 2019
Subs look nice bro, I’m jealous lol, anyway my new Linea Research amp will be delivered tomorrow, can’t wait play my JTR speakers on them, hopefully by summer I can cough up more funds to get some Cap 218’s (passive) the LR amp can probably push 6 of them easily. In the mean time still rolling with the original OG’s Orbit Shifters
pdidy 2:12 AM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:
Linea Research amp

I had to research that, wow..... www.youtube.com

Quote:
In the mean time still rolling with the original OG’s Orbit Shifters

you still have the jbl's?

Quote:
I’m jealous lol

Not with orbit shifter ya not lol
pdidy 2:22 AM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:

no idea ......media.giphy.com
pdidy 2:25 AM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:
I have legit speaker envy bruh. Those joints look goot!!!

thanks
RIDDIMNBLUES 2:30 AM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:
In the mean time still rolling with the original OG’s Orbit Shifters

you still have the jbl's?

Yes sir
pdidy 2:07 PM - 1 March, 2019
Update just received the final set of subs so I have a total of four now I will keep you updated once I get to the event today through Sunday
SELECT 2:20 PM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:
Update just received the final set of subs so I have a total of four now I will keep you updated once I get to the event today through Sunday

Umm please don't test them all in your house unless you want to be homeless.

Please take pics and lots of video at the event. I want to see all 4 rocking! What tops are you going to use?
DJ Guayo 4:55 PM - 1 March, 2019
I think he's going to use 4 RCF NX L24A as his tops.

Quote:
Quote:

Please take pics and lots of video at the event. I want to see all 4 rocking! What tops are you going to use?
SELECT 6:03 PM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Wow, thats gonna be an awesome system.
pdidy 4:08 AM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:

I won’t have my new top for another 2 weeks due to back order so had to use my rcf745.

The room is not too big so the 745s are actually doing great. The room holds about 500 people.
Certified Quality Entertainment 4:52 AM - 2 March, 2019
And how are the subs????
siroc5 5:03 AM - 2 March, 2019
Pdidy you did it right as usual. Pics and vid show true craftmanship. Congrats on the new JTR Cap 218, they look sexy!!!!!
pdidy 6:03 AM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:
And how are the subs????

I best decribe them as MONSTOUS while still remaining ultra CLEAN. as good as my JBL vrx918sp were .......this sound is clearly on another level.
pdidy 6:05 AM - 2 March, 2019
Just the review does not come off as biased fanboy.....I have identified 2 minor flaws but not a dealbreaker. I will post later.
pdidy 6:15 AM - 2 March, 2019
Video maybe distorted I’m bangin the fuck out the system but sound is clean.

photos.app.goo.gl
dj_soo 6:52 AM - 2 March, 2019
How many of the 918s do you think would keep up with your four 218s?
pdidy 7:03 AM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:
How many of the 918s do you think would keep up with your four 218s?

Approximately 12 but they still would not go as LOW. I used to own 6. As u can see this was the logical choice.
pdidy 7:05 AM - 2 March, 2019
I’m hearing stuff in record I’ve owned 20 yrs I’ve never heard before. It’s likely because the go down to 27hz.
RIDDIMNBLUES 9:15 PM - 2 March, 2019

Subs look sick stacked up like that, I bet you had clear thumping lows all night
RIDDIMNBLUES 9:21 PM - 2 March, 2019
Finally got my Linea Research amp yesterday, my JTR rig is smiling..One problem I'm having with the amp though is finding or making the right power cord for it, the amp came with a 32a powercon inlet connector.

photos.app.goo.gl

photos.app.goo.gl

photos.app.goo.gl
577er 6:04 PM - 3 March, 2019
Those JTRs look great! Are you doing any public events in NY where we can hear them?

Logistical question, are you stacking them sideways to keep them from “walking around” from vibrations? The lazy person in me would probably just roll them in side by side.
pdidy 6:24 PM - 3 March, 2019
Quote:
Those JTRs look great! Are you doing any public events in NY where we can hear them?

Logistical question, are you stacking them sideways to keep them from “walking around” from vibrations? The lazy person in me would probably just roll them in side by side.

I doubt they would walk around much but I have a never tried. I’m only stacking to center pole mount tops.
pdidy 6:25 PM - 3 March, 2019
Quote:
pdidy 6:25 PM - 3 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I will definitely keep you posted
pdidy 7:13 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
Just the review does not come off as biased fanboy.....I have identified 2 minor flaws but not a dealbreaker. I will post later.

photos.google.com

1. No XLR thru - So if you need to jump from sub to sub or sub to top you will need an XLR "Y" cable aka splitter. But if there's no problem with using the thru on your tops this becomes a non-issue.

2. Amp module knobs - The Amp module knobs protrude about 1/8 - 1/4in. This becomes an issue if the sub is laid on its back putting pressure on the knobs. Or if being loaded into a truck the knobs can potentially be damaged while rubbing against a bumper of truck floor. Not a dealbreaker but you must be mindful.

3. No Clip light indicator - Being that the subs are so perfectly processed internally there is NO audible distortion, popping or bottoming out even at extremely high volume. Therefore there are no audible or visual aids to tell you if you are overdriving the sub. In my testing over a 3 Day weekend, I intentionally pushed these subs to their LIMITS with no external processors, limiters or protection and they never failed. In my extreme testing, It took me about 2-3 hours of serious pounding to force the subs into thermal protection. The less experienced user will likely need a driverack limiter to avoid thermal protection since there is no Clip light indicator or audible distortion.

4. Wedding DJ's - if you are a wedding dj this is probably not the sub for you because even at low volume it can cause the entire Building to vibrate or resonate at certain frequencies. So anything that's not tied down and secured in another room will begin to rattle and cause complaints to turn off your subs. At high volume ceiling tiles and light bulbs will be dislodged.....LoL
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:21 PM - 4 March, 2019
How would you compare one of these subs to a Yorkville la801p
Obviously quality will go to JTR, what about spl and throw?
I know size wise is a bigger, but how is it actually moving around and in and out if a vehicle?
Certified Quality Entertainment 7:25 PM - 4 March, 2019
Also you gotta Dmx those moving heads! Lol. They were all over the place except the dance floor in the cup I saw. :)
desmorider 8:21 PM - 4 March, 2019
Pdidy,

Congrats on the new subs. How bad did they outrun the 745’s?
pdidy 8:31 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
Also you gotta Dmx those moving heads! Lol. They were all over the place except the dance floor in the cup I saw. :)

I will definitely admit lighting is one of my weak points compared to sound. Its a combination of being too lazy to care and my clients not caring and willing to pay for the higher quality which is why I still use cheap moving heads. But at times it does annoy me being that I know it can look a lot better.

Quote:
I know size wise is a bigger, but how is it actually moving around and in and out if a vehicle?

The last time i did an event at this venue I used 4 Yorkville la801p so I'm positive the spl, throw and the way the JTR fills the entire room with bass no matter where you stand is noticeably superior. In regard to sound quality, there really is no way to compare them. I would say even a complete novice can clearly identify the extreme differences.

Im from NYC where every dj has either owned or used the Yorkville la801p for many years so it's still considered the king of subs for many mobile djs here. When I demoed the JTR in front of all the djs last weekend, non of them could believe I was only playing 1 at the time. To be honest even I was a bit shocked because it was really the first time I actually turned it up to full volume.....
Hugabone 8:54 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I will definitely admit lighting is one of my weak points compared to sound. Its a combination of being too lazy to care and my clients not caring and willing to pay for the higher quality which is why I still use cheap moving heads. But at times it does annoy me being that I know it can look a lot better.

Quote:

The last time i did an event at this venue I used 4 Yorkville la801p so I'm positive the spl, throw and the way the JTR fills the entire room with bass no matter where you stand is noticeably superior. In regard to sound quality, there really is no way to compare them. I would say even a complete novice can clearly identify the extreme differences.

Im from NYC where every dj has either owned or used the Yorkville la801p for many years so it's still considered the king of subs for many mobile djs here. When I demoed the JTR in front of all the djs last weekend, non of them could believe I was only playing 1 at the time. To be honest even I was a bit shocked because it was really the first time I actually turned it up to full volume.....

So now that you heard them at full volume, are they comparable to the VS21?
pdidy 9:05 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
Pdidy,

Thanks.....
virtually every other dj and sound guy there though there was NO WAY...... 2 rcf 745s could keep up with 4 JTRs. Even I wasn't 100% sure but I thought they could if I pushed them hard. Surprisingly the balance was quite good even when I pushed the subs hard. Now in no way am i claiming this was ideal because the RCF745 had no headroom left. The room was only about 40-50ft front to back and 500 people max so the RCF's can do that with ease.
pdidy 9:16 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
So now that you heard them at full volume, are they comparable to the VS21?

They are absolutely comparable but without a side by side demo in the same room, I can't call it.
dj_soo 9:26 PM - 4 March, 2019
Huh, the no thru output seems like a huge oversight although I suppose 1-2 of these is probably more than enough for the majority of mobile djs. But if someone wanted to array like 8 of them for a big outdoor event or something, i could see the problems.

Personally hate relying on splitters for any professional application.
desmorider 9:28 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Pdidy,

Thanks.....
virtually every other dj and sound guy there though there was NO WAY...... 2 rcf 745s could keep up with 4 JTRs. Even I wasn't 100% sure but I thought they could if I pushed them hard. Surprisingly the balance was quite good even when I pushed the subs hard. Now in no way am i claiming this was ideal because the RCF745 had no headroom left. The room was only about 40-50ft front to back and 500 people max so the RCF's can do that with ease.

Did the 745’s limiter light ever flash? I don’t think I have ever seen those light up on mine.
pdidy 9:58 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
Did the 745’s limiter light ever flash? I don’t think I have ever seen those light up on mine.

No, not at all and I didn't even use a driverack to limit them. I've intentionally push them to clipping but by then its already crazy loud.
pdidy 10:17 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
Huh, the no thru output seems like a huge oversight although I suppose 1-2 of these is probably more than enough for the majority of mobile djs. But if someone wanted to array like 8 of them for a big outdoor event or something, i could see the problems.

Personally, hate relying on splitters for any professional application.

My "guess" is jeff chose not to add and modify xlr thru to the amp adding cost and raising price?

I have a QSC touchmix16 with 6 aux outs so its easy but I will need a splitter if im running a band that needs more than 2 monitors. But for ease of use, I will likely by a bunch of splitters and store them in all my mobile bags.
pdidy 10:19 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
I suppose 1-2 of these is probably more than enough for the majority of mobile djs.

Buying more than 2 will be rare I guess for mobile djs.....
deejaybman 12:00 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:

The Cap218’s don’t walk around nor do the casters rattle. In fact, a bottle of water barely moves when sitting on the cabinet.
RIDDIMNBLUES 1:56 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

My "guess" is jeff chose not to add and modify xlr thru to the amp adding cost and raising price?

I have a QSC touchmix16 with 6 aux outs so its easy but I will need a splitter if im running a band that needs more than 2 monitors. But for ease of use, I will likely by a bunch of splitters and store them in all my mobile bags.

I'm guessing jeff would actually modify in the future with thru outs, the Orbit Shifters and I think one or 2 of the different noesis tops has been modified since they first came out.
pdidy 4:25 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm guessing jeff would actually modify in the future with thru outs, the Orbit Shifters and I think one or 2 of the different noesis tops has been modified since they first came out.

Jeff can make his own mods to speaker cabinets in his shop no problem but amp modules are different because he does not make them. These guys do icepower.dk
pdidy 6:07 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Finally got my Linea Research amp yesterday, my JTR rig is smiling..One problem I'm having with the amp though is finding or making the right power cord for it, the amp came with a 32a powercon inlet connector.

photos.app.goo.gl

photos.app.goo.gl

photos.app.goo.gl

I really like the idea of each sub being independent and active but if I were to go passive this amp looks great. But will it work on your standard 15 or 20 amp circuit?
RIDDIMNBLUES 11:27 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

photos.app.goo.gl

photos.app.goo.gl

photos.app.goo.gl

I really like the idea of each sub being independent and active but if I were to go passive this amp looks great. But will it work on your standard 15 or 20 amp circuit?

Yes it will work on anything you throw at it from 85v-240v, it automatically configure it self when you power it up.

The LR amp is probably the most efficient high powered amp available to date, and the built in dsp processing is first class

Had it a couple days now and I'm still learning the ins and outs on this amp, one of the features I like is the External Breaker Protection (EBP), you can set it anywhere from 8-50 amps and not worry on tripping a breaker. At home I set it at 20amps
RIDDIMNBLUES 11:34 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jeff can make his own mods to speaker cabinets in his shop no problem but amp modules are different because he does not make them. These guys do icepower.dk

Yes you are right, forgot about that, but it's a bad oversight.
Rebelguy 4:14 PM - 5 March, 2019
This would be a great option for a splitter behind 2 or 3 subs.

www.radialeng.com

If you are not worried about bad signal and don’t need the line level isolation you could go for one of these.

whirlwindusa.com
pdidy 4:41 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
This would be a great option for a splitter behind 2 or 3 subs.

www.radialeng.com

If you are not worried about bad signal and don’t need the line level isolation you could go for one of these.

whirlwindusa.com

Hmmm, excellent idea.....thank you
pdidy 4:44 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
External Breaker Protection (EBP), you can set it anywhere from 8-50 amps and not worry on tripping a breaker. At home I set it at 20amps

External Breaker Protection? what?........ok take my money, I had no idea this existed. What's the price on this amp?
pdidy 4:49 PM - 5 March, 2019
RIDDIMNBLUES .....Orbit shifter vs JBL 828 ?
DJ Val-BKNY11203 6:46 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
External Breaker Protection (EBP), you can set it anywhere from 8-50 amps and not worry on tripping a breaker. At home I set it at 20amps

External Breaker Protection? what?........ok take my money, I had no idea this existed. What's the price on this amp?

Yeah that's dope as hell.
Arjun B 9:42 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
4. Wedding DJ's - if you are a wedding dj this is probably not the sub for you because even at low volume it can cause the entire Building to vibrate or resonate at certain frequencies. So anything that's not tied down and secured in another room will begin to rattle and cause complaints to turn off your subs. At high volume ceiling tiles and light bulbs will be dislodged.....LoL

Lol this is exactly the sub for me :D
RIDDIMNBLUES 1:11 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

The price well let's put it like this, my wife been giving me dirty looks since I got the amp lol. check your inbox
RIDDIMNBLUES 1:17 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:

Orbit Shifter slaughters the jbl 828 in every possible way, a better comparison would be the Cap pros which I still believe the OS is louder but the Cap definitely goes lower.
JDforKing 1:26 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Orbit Shifter slaughters the jbl 828 in every possible way, a better comparison would be the Cap pros which I still believe the OS is louder but the Cap definitely goes lower.

Do your client request the orbit shifters over the jbl 828? Is there a big difference in your rental prices?
RIDDIMNBLUES 2:33 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do your client request the orbit shifters over the jbl 828? Is there a big difference in your rental prices?

They dont request a particular speaker, they just hire me for events.

I usually use the SRX rig for small to medium gigs, big outdoor events the JTR gets the nod.

I no longer have the 828 subs I sold them when I bought the OS subs, I do still have 4 srx818's
pdidy 4:45 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:

I believe my results were very similar, at my last event using 3 jbl vrx subs per side photos.app.goo.gl I believe 1 cap218pro per side can achieve similar output while going substantially lower and sounding better.

Quote:
I no longer have the 828 subs I sold them when I bought the OS subs, I do still have 4 srx818

Do you feel the 4 srx818 still serve a purpose other than small events where 1 small sub is appropriate or times when you are doing multiple events the same day?

As of now, I feel I only need 1 small sub in my inventory to fill the small event void where 1 cap218pro would be overkill.
pdidy 4:50 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:

I've personally never had a client request a particular sub but DJ clients have when I owned yorkville 801's vs JBL VRX918sp.
pdidy 5:19 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The price well let's put it like this, my wife been giving me dirty looks since I got the amp lol. check your inbox

But when you consider its equivalent to the power of 2 qsc pl380 plus far superior internal DPS processing + Networking + more......the price then becomes a great deal.

The Powersoft X4 looks to be its closest competitor @ around $9000 sesystems.com
RIDDIMNBLUES 5:33 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I believe my results were very similar, at my last event using 3 jbl vrx subs per side photos.app.goo.gl I believe 1 cap218pro per side can achieve similar output while going substantially lower and sounding better.

Quote:
I no longer have the 828 subs I sold them when I bought the OS subs, I do still have 4 srx818

Do you feel the 4 srx818 still serve a purpose other than small events where 1 small sub is appropriate or times when you are doing multiple events the same day?

As of now, I feel I only need 1 small sub in my inventory to fill the small event void where 1 cap218pro would be overkill.

Oh yes definitely the srx818 subs is good for small to medium size gigs, the flexibility is there, but I always use 2 to one srx12 no matter how small the gig is, it just sounds more balanced this way

photos.app.goo.gl
RIDDIMNBLUES 5:35 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But when you consider its equivalent to the power of 2 qsc pl380 plus far superior internal DPS processing + Networking + more......the price then becomes a great deal.

The Powersoft X4 looks to be its closest competitor @ around $9000 sesystems.com

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yh I put all that into consideration before i bought the amp, i was gonna go powersoft, but this was a better option for me.
pdidy 4:21 PM - 11 March, 2019
"djcoalcut 1:00 AM - 11 March, 2019
Pdidy

Did you ever receive your Cap 218 pros?

If so, what are your thoughts?

Also how are you dealing with the amp modules not having a signal pass thru? "

It's a minor annoyance because only 50% of the time will I be using 4 subs. The other 50% of time only one or two subs. So the worst case scenarios, use splitters or run additional XLR cables from the board....... My board photos.app.goo.gl has more outputs than I typically need so....Not a dealbreaker, just an annoyance.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 12:10 AM - 12 March, 2019
Quote:
Pdidy

It's a minor annoyance because only 50% of the time will I be using 4 subs. The other 50% of time only one or two subs. So the worst case scenarios, use splitters or run additional XLR cables from the board....... My board photos.app.goo.gl has more outputs than I typically need so....Not a dealbreaker, just an annoyance.

How is that Wireless transmitter working out for you? I was just looking at some for my mics.
pdidy 8:22 AM - 12 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Pdidy

How is that Wireless transmitter working out for you? I was just looking at some for my mics.

ITS the Alto Professional Bluetooth Total XLR-Equipped Rechargeable Bluetooth Receiver. It's extremely convenient and works well at a close distance but since is Bluetooth I don't trust in mission-critical situations.
Taipanic 6:21 PM - 15 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

All the top amps have this now, Powersoft, Danley/Linea Research, not sure who else. You can set voltage for whatever venue your playing. I'm taking my JTR rig out tonight and have the Powersoft K10 powering the subs set to 15 amps. My Danley DNA4k20 is currently set to 13 amps from the last gig as there was only a 15 amp circuit available (ran 4 th-118 & 2 SH-69s with plenty of power & headroom). This, and additional levels of protection are why I upgraded from my Crown XTI6002 amp for the Orbit Shifters.

On another note, not that you want to go passive, but the Noesis 3TX are every bit as beautiful sounding for tops as the subs are for bass. They won't even be breathing hard with your setup, still plenty of headroom. I last used mine with 8 Yorkvilles and was still only occasionally blinking the -10 light on the amp for a Dubstep/Riddim stage. The narrow sight lines are a plus.
pdidy 10:18 PM - 27 March, 2019
Ok got the 4 tops in today to match the 4 JTR CAPTIVATOR 218PRO's, the NEW sound system is finally complete. I will try to get better pics and video when I have time to set it all up...photos.app.goo.gl
DJ Val-BKNY11203 10:23 PM - 27 March, 2019
Quote:
Ok got the 4 tops in today to match the 4 JTR CAPTIVATOR 218PRO's, the NEW sound system is finally complete. I will try to get better pics and video when I have time to set it all up...photos.app.goo.gl

Classic joint to try them out on
pdidy 10:56 PM - 27 March, 2019
The tops are dB Technologies Ingenia IG4T.
Info.....
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

The tops are 6ft tall when stacked so Im not really sure if I have high enough ceilings to set it up on subs in my house and take pics...lol

The first thing I noticed when I just tested them is that there is absolutely nothing about them remotely similar to the popular column array speakers like Evox8/12, EVOLVE 50, db technologies 1203. While they look the same, the comparisons end there. The output and sound quality is a league above with no room for debate or opinion. I was even surprised at what these skinny speakers could do......... I was also surprised at the bass thump they could produce in full range but I will likely only run them with JTR CAPTIVATOR 218PRO subs crossover set to 90hz. I only tested for 10mins (Had to go to work) so there's a lot more to figure out.
pdidy 10:59 PM - 27 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Classic joint to try them out on

figured you would recognize it......
577er 2:44 AM - 28 March, 2019
Congrats! Can't wait to hear about the new system in the wild.
RIDDIMNBLUES 1:41 PM - 28 March, 2019
Quote:

Never heard the IG4T in person, but someone in the prosound forum did mention ther are very similar to the JTR 3tx, I do know for a fact just 2 3tx would push all four of your subs with no sweat...Very interested to hear your new tops together with your JTR subs..
pdidy 7:25 PM - 28 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Never heard the IG4T in person, but someone in the prosound forum did mention ther are very similar to the JTR 3tx, I do know for a fact just 2 3tx would push all four of your subs with no sweat...Very interested to hear your new tops together with your JTR subs..

Yes I’m sure the 3tx can do 4 caps. The ig4t is very similar to the very popular rcf nxl24a which is badass. The ig4t has the upper hand in light weight and digital features. I chose it over the rcf due to weight. photos.app.goo.gl
pdidy 7:28 PM - 28 March, 2019
^^^^tops only NO SUBS.
RIDDIMNBLUES 12:21 AM - 29 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes I’m sure the 3tx can do 4 caps. The ig4t is very similar to the very popular rcf nxl24a which is badass. The ig4t has the upper hand in light weight and digital features. I chose it over the rcf due to weight. photos.app.goo.gl

Are you using a iPhone to record?
pdidy 1:47 AM - 29 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you using a iPhone to record?

Yes, an old iphone 6+
Rebelguy 6:52 PM - 30 March, 2019
How do the IG4Ts compare to the usual suspect like the ART-745a, SRX or ETX lines as far as output and sound quality?
pdidy 3:09 PM - 31 March, 2019
Quote:
How do the IG4Ts compare to the usual suspect like the ART-745a, SRX or ETX lines as far as output and sound quality?

I own the art 745a and I would say it's superior to the SRX and ETX which i've also owned. The output and sound quality of the ig4t is similar to the art 745a but the IG4T has superior processing,eq'ing, vertical steering, delay, crossover, horizontal coverage and easily arrayable. the IG4T can't go super low like the art 745 but it can be used standalone to my surprise. If I'm using a sub I would take the IG4T over the 745 but for stand-alone usage the 745 wins because of its bass output.
SELECT 3:06 PM - 1 April, 2019
Is the dispersion more noticeable on the IG4T? I seems like the coverage is awesome and mainly the reason why I want some array tops. Sometimes the dance floor area spreads further out from the stage and I feel like I need more coverage.
pdidy 5:31 PM - 1 April, 2019
Quote:
Is the dispersion more noticeable on the IG4T? I seems like the coverage is awesome and mainly the reason why I want some array tops. Sometimes the dance floor area spreads further out from the stage and I feel like I need more coverage.

I haven't had the opportunity to use them in a large venue yet but I do notice a difference in the dispersion.
pdidy 5:33 PM - 1 April, 2019
DB TECHNOGIES IG4T size comparision to rcf745, rcf712, k12
photos.app.goo.gl
RIDDIMNBLUES 10:01 AM - 2 April, 2019
Quote:
photos.app.goo.gl

What kind of sticks are you using for the IG42 on the Caps?
pdidy 3:42 PM - 2 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
photos.app.goo.gl

What kind of sticks are you using for the IG42 on the Caps?

www.sweetwater.com