Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Has Serato Video been updated with Serato Pro?

DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 6:22 AM - 27 February, 2018
Has Serato Video been updated with Pro or is it still at 1.1? I don't see any info on this Expansion Pack being updated. The few second clip in the video on the main Serato page explaining new features of Serato Pro mentions Serato Video but it looks the same to me. Any info will be appreciated.
Samvideoman 3:35 PM - 27 February, 2018
must be the same as it still is not working for me on Windows PC.. I can play the same video's with perfection in Rekordbox and Virtual DJ.
popnwave 4:22 PM - 27 February, 2018
Nope.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 4:37 PM - 27 February, 2018
This VJ neglect is bollocks! I was excited to see an updated Serato Video. It's been years.
DJ Chavo Del 8 4:58 PM - 27 February, 2018
I can 100% confirm serato video is still shit if not worse, the offline mode which is stupid should have been included since creation...and the 2nd deck froze, wouldnt play track and it wouodnt eject, garbage serato keep this shit up thats why everybody is switching over to rb, i for one just downloaded the trial and the files serato wont play rb handles perfectly piss off serato couldnt get your shit together
popnwave 7:16 PM - 27 February, 2018
Haven't had the issues in offline/practice mode, but I only use Video for that and then Mix Emergency when doing sets.

I would imagine now that the transition to a 64bit code base has been made, we will see some love for the plug in.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 7:30 PM - 27 February, 2018
The Video Plugin needs more than some love. It needs a nasty Caligula style orgy to get it up to date. ;)
popnwave 7:37 PM - 27 February, 2018
I've said this before, but if Pioneer can get a good side fill filter/effect for older 4:3 videos, they will steal what is left of the PC Serato Video users and probably a good chunk of the mac users as well who don't use Mix Emergency.

However, playing older throwback videos with newer 16:9 ones is ugly as hell for now. If all you play is new stuff I would highly suggest giving Rekordbox Video a try.... the automix feature in 5.2.x is pretty snazzy for pee breaks.
Samvideoman 7:40 PM - 27 February, 2018
I was so hoping that v2.0 of Serato would include some kind of automix feature, for Dinner, and cocktail hour. I'm liking Rekordbox a lot.
popnwave 7:42 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
I was so hoping that v2.0 of Serato would include some kind of automix feature, for Dinner, and cocktail hour. I'm liking Rekordbox a lot.

It will come, but there is no 100% solution out there, so use what works for each scenario.
Evo1 8:43 PM - 27 February, 2018
I have windows 10 with Intel Core i7, was very excited about the new update but...yup serato video still not working...froze...FROZEN! I have no problem playing my videos using WM player. Even with the latest codecs pack..still a nightmare!
Samvideoman 8:48 PM - 27 February, 2018
what ive been able to do, is download v 1.9.0 install it, then copy the serato video.exe from that folder. Then install v2.0 and replace the serato video.exe in the v2.0 folder with the one from 1.9.0 and video will playback with no problem for me, but I'm missing the video fx's.
popnwave 11:08 PM - 27 February, 2018
serato.com

^^^^^ there's some interesting news.
Pilotaxo 11:33 PM - 27 February, 2018
I'm having issues playing video of video Files with Windows, when I load a Video File, a thunder appers, but no audio or sound, anyone having the same issue on Serato 2.0? I downgrade to 1.9. And I Can play video files without troubles, and in 2.0 doesnt work.

Thanks
Samvideoman 11:47 PM - 27 February, 2018
Anything above 1.9.0 and video just didn’t work for me. It loads the file in and played the audio but the picture is just frozen.
Samvideoman 11:49 PM - 27 February, 2018
So when I copy the Serato Video.exe from 1.9.0 to the desktop and install v2.0. Then copy the old Serato Video.exe into the 2.0 Serato folder replacing the one that’s there. I can play videos fine in v2.0 but I’m missing the video fxs
DJ Tecniq 3:33 AM - 28 February, 2018
I’m quite shocked they are still supporting this shitty video plugin. Ever since SDJ 1.8 video playback has been iffy. They messed it up a long time ago it was actually stable in 1.7 if I’m not mistaken. They just need to discontinue it already the software is so broken it’s a half ass program.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 3:39 AM - 28 February, 2018
I've been experimenting with Rekordbox but their video features aren't quite there yet. You can't even run the program at full screen when outputting videos. As popnwave mentioned, a "border fill" option would be brilliant in either software. I'm hoping both Serato and Rekordbox get their shit together and create some real competition in the VJ arena. Serato is so lacking for video that everyone says to use Mix Emergency. Sad. Serato should just buy Mix Emergency and integrate into DJ Pro.
Dj cuervo 3:55 PM - 28 February, 2018
It is still a same performance as the Serato DJ 1.9.10 so I believe no update. I hope it is coming down the pipe!!!
Culprit 6:53 PM - 4 March, 2018
i am having zero issues on my windows 10 machine

here are my specs

Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.248

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name EM1
System Manufacturer PowerSpec
System Model G500
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 447466
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 9002, 8/29/2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer PS
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.248"
User Name EM1\Edward
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 8.49 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.54 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
Culprit 6:56 PM - 4 March, 2018
kev-n 11:01 AM - 7 March, 2018
i'm having video issues too, i've been told it's my MacBook is the problem (it's a 2011 model) however it worked fine up to 1.9.1 then the issues started, laptop get so hot the fans run 100% and this causes the laptop not to charge and the power block gets red hot. the power block is only a few months old, it ends in the battery going flat after a few hours. however if i run VDJ8 with video/graphics etc i have no issues. this video plug in needs a complete revamp, if vdi can do it right there is no reason why serato can't.
Samvideoman 12:13 PM - 7 March, 2018
I agree I too have no problem with VDJ8.
Dj cuervo 2:18 PM - 7 March, 2018
I use the version 1.78 for video. It has the best performance.. It is night and day from all the 1.9 and 2.0 versions. Test it out.
kev-n 2:22 PM - 7 March, 2018
on mac it seems as soon as they made serato fully high sierra compatible the problems with video started
Culprit 4:36 PM - 7 March, 2018
Do you guys have hi res mode enabled?
Samvideoman 5:11 PM - 7 March, 2018
I tried both ways with hi res and without same effect video didn’t play. I installed 1.78 and that’s working great!
kev-n 5:38 PM - 7 March, 2018
i'm not sure i will need to check however i never changed any settings during the upgrades
Culprit 7:23 PM - 7 March, 2018
Disable hi res support
Dj cuervo 10:30 PM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:
I tried both ways with hi res and without same effect video didn’t play. I installed 1.78 and that’s working great!

yeah they change something after the 1.78 version to make it a resource hog!!!!
DJ Fletch 12:16 PM - 8 March, 2018
hi guys, i use 1.9 for videos and serato 2.0 for mixing audio because the video was stopping and becoming very choppy, i have no problems mixing my video on my hp laptop. even though i download my videos from paid websites, i convert every video and it works better, maybe you guys want to try that, but stay away from 2.0 right now for video mixing

DJFletch
mixxinmel 2:21 PM - 9 March, 2018
yeap 2.0 is giving me problems with viewing in the preview windows on the left or right sides. It works fine in 1.9 version but as soon as i upgraded to 2.0 its not working at all?? like above i use 1.9 for video mixes and 2.0 just for practice sessions and putting in hot cues, loops ect in the offline mode. Hope they get this mess worked out, how hard can it be???
DJ Tecniq 7:00 PM - 9 March, 2018
^ the preview screens missing has been a bug since forever try to restart your computer eventually they should reappear unless it’s an issue with SDJ Pro not quite sure on that.
DJ Chavo Del 8 4:30 AM - 13 March, 2018
serato fix this piece of shit!
laurent meaux 5:20 PM - 18 March, 2018
bonjour quelqu'un peut il me dire comment changer de version de logiciel ?merci pour votre aide
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 5:19 AM - 19 March, 2018
I did a video dance party on Fri March 17. Serato DJ Pro 2.0 and the ancient Serato Video Plugin were stable for 6 hour set. Using a 2012 15 inch MacBook Pro with Nvidia Geforce GT 650M and Sierra OS.
Samvideoman 10:52 AM - 19 March, 2018
The Mac version doesn’t seem to have the problems the windows version has. All of my problems have been on the windows version.
bumpeboy 6:31 PM - 19 March, 2018
Cant believe i moved to virtual dj due to this one single failier in Serato.

With such an amature video, the software does not qualify to be labelled as PRO.

Total failure on video, The video module should be discontinued ASAP. Its a global headache.
Samvideoman 6:46 PM - 19 March, 2018
I agree. I’m having to move to virtual DJ to play video and it’s rock solid compared to Serato.
kev-n 6:57 PM - 19 March, 2018
same here virtual dj for video far better
popnwave 7:07 PM - 19 March, 2018
On PC VDJ is the way to go for video.. has been for years.
Samvideoman 7:26 PM - 19 March, 2018
I so want Serato to step up and make this work but I need a reliable product!
Burny 6:02 PM - 27 March, 2018
virtual dj 8.3 works flawlessly. video is perfect and audio is as good or better than Serato. 18 years in business and they dont have to brag. Why do you think all the new dj's downloadded pirate copies of virtual dj? Because it works.
Burny 6:04 PM - 27 March, 2018
Sam, why do you fight progress? Virtual Dj is better than serato in every single way
bumpeboy 6:06 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
I so want Serato to step up and make this work but I need a reliable product!

Forget about it.. we waited like those people from the sinking Titanic who were waited for rescue boats that were not coming... I waited until i moved on.
Samvideoman 6:43 PM - 27 March, 2018
I hear you! I will be moving in that direction.

Thanks
Evo1 6:58 PM - 27 March, 2018
Question to all VDJ8 users. Where or how to get the lisence to plug my DDJ SX controller?
Culprit 7:59 PM - 27 March, 2018
Its not essentially better in every single way, but when it comes to video mixing on windows machines it definitely it the reigning champion. Also, having smashvission content embeded as a streaming service is another major win.
bumpeboy 8:08 PM - 27 March, 2018
Quote:
virtual dj 8.3 works flawlessly. video is perfect and audio is as good or better than Serato. 18 years in business and they dont have to brag. Why do you think all the new dj's downloadded pirate copies of virtual dj? Because it works.

My opinion differs. Serato Audio is by far better, no comparison with VDJ including audio wave and overal performance of the audio. Even the video in serato is sharper and clearer on the screen (when it works)

Having noted that overall serato is better in audio quality and library, it still doesn't stand a chance in today's video age. All the benefits in serato are crashed by the VDJ video.

I used to dismiss any dj who could show up with VJD, I could not even give them a set, I hated VDJ with a passion but now those djs are laughing at me and they have every right to do so.

How did VDJ perfect the video plugin so easily while video to serato seems like rocket science combined or brain surgery.
Culprit 10:13 PM - 27 March, 2018
Allocation of time and funding basically. We really don't know the size of VDJ Camp compared to the Serato Camp. Virtual DJ is probably structured differently from Serato internally, and they are both focusing on different area's in the DJ market.

From the get go, I can tell you the main reason behind the success of Serato was ease of use and stability. I first started with Virtual DJ and I was having issues from the get go. It has taken its time to get this stable, but Serato took care of that in the beginning. Yes, more expensive from the get go but you get what you pay for.
Samvideoman 10:27 PM - 27 March, 2018
I’m primarily a mobile wedding dj and like Serato stability and simplicity. I have yet to do an event with VDJ but I’m adding video to my setup this year and I’m disappointed with Serato Video. Also so many cool tools built into VDJ that I can see me using every event that are missing from Serato.
Dj cuervo 2:32 PM - 28 March, 2018
VDJ only better on the video side!!! Serato will always be the standard of pro DJS.
skinnyguy 6:09 PM - 28 March, 2018
Quote:
... Why do you think all the new dj's downloadded pirate copies of virtual dj? Because it works.

no. they download pirated copies of vdj because they have the crack for it. then they can pose to all their friends or viewers online that they can "dj" too, streaming screenviews showing their cursor hitting fx, crossing fader, etc.

that right there is why real, working djs look down on vdj users.

also, before serato pro came out with the 2-deck and built-in x-fader in offline mode, those vdj pirates wouldn't be able to show off that they can "dj" and mix too. or use it at a gig.
spacetoonz 6:33 PM - 30 March, 2018
Hating V1.9 and won’t even bother going to V2.0 after all I’m hearing.

Is there a way to go back to V1.78?
Samvideoman 7:36 PM - 30 March, 2018
I was able to download 1.7.8 and it’s working good for video playback.
spacetoonz 5:21 AM - 31 March, 2018
Samvideoman, what mixer/controller are you using?

Are only mixers prior to the 1.7.8 update compatible? Would I need the DVS pack?

I have the Pioneer S3.
Samvideoman 9:59 AM - 31 March, 2018
I have a MC4000 and DS1 from denon. Both worked great with 1.7.8
Colemang70 11:12 AM - 16 July, 2018
VDJ works great with Numark NV, Numark NS7ii, & Denon MC6000MKII for audio & video. I purchased the full License version on the best purchase for DJ toolkit. I currently running a MacBook pro & windows 10 gaming laptop no problem with audio or video from VDJ. Salute the latest version will recognize all any audio interface, controller, or mixer on the market. love & respect dj baby g.
Samvideoman 11:55 AM - 16 July, 2018
I moved to VDJ. Best move ever!
DJ CHARLY EL REY 3:07 PM - 7 September, 2018
EL REY
popnwave 3:20 PM - 7 September, 2018
Good update.
Dj cuervo 4:15 PM - 7 September, 2018
Hey try the 2.04. It works like the 1.7.8 version. They fixed it. I can use PT and Video will not issues.
Samvideoman 7:51 PM - 7 September, 2018
I tried 2.04 and it’s same as 2.0,2.03 video stays on one frame and slowly flips to another frame now and then totally unusable and unresponsive. 1.7.8 works no problem when playing 480p clips.
DJ Tecniq 2:32 PM - 8 September, 2018
Quote:
I tried 2.04 and it’s same as 2.0,2.03 video stays on one frame and slowly flips to another frame now and then totally unusable and unresponsive. 1.7.8 works no problem when playing 480p clips.
are you on Windows? Maybe try a clean install of your OS I don’t have these issues on Mac with any SDJ Pro version video works flawlessly actually.
Samvideoman 3:07 PM - 8 September, 2018
Yea Serato video on Mac has always worked for me. Just windows that has the problem
bumpeboy 12:53 AM - 12 April, 2019
Moved to VDJ and have no regrets.
With MAC Serato video is fine, With windows don't even try unless you want to cry.

My DJ Laptop has:

Windows 10
1TB (SSD)
32GB ram memory
4K screen,
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8CPUs)

2x Video cards
1. HD Graphics 530
2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

And still, I cannot mix Serato videos without issues.
I gave up now am happy with VDJ.
DJ Tecniq 2:30 AM - 12 April, 2019
Quote:
With MAC Serato video is fine, With windows don't even try unless you want to cry.

My DJ Laptop has:

Windows 10
1TB (SSD)
32GB ram memory
4K screen,

2x Video cards
1. HD Graphics 530

Just a suggestion. Have you tried updating your video card drivers from the manufacturer like Nvidia. Windows may need more tweaks.
bumpeboy 2:42 AM - 12 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

My DJ Laptop has:

Windows 10
1TB (SSD)
32GB ram memory
4K screen,

2x Video cards
1. HD Graphics 530

Just a suggestion. Have you tried updating your video card drivers from the manufacturer like Nvidia. Windows may need more tweaks.

Yes done that same results even did the full optimisation still cannot perform mind you, I only play video of a maximum 480p
DJ Tecniq 6:22 AM - 12 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My DJ Laptop has:

Windows 10
1TB (SSD)
32GB ram memory
4K screen,

2x Video cards
1. HD Graphics 530

Yes done that same results even did the full optimisation still cannot perform mind you, I only play video of a maximum 480p
Wow and it’s still sluggish on 480p? Crank your video buffer to max 2 gigs?
bumpeboy 6:36 AM - 12 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My DJ Laptop has:

Windows 10
1TB (SSD)
32GB ram memory
4K screen,

2x Video cards
1. HD Graphics 530

Yes done that same results even did the full optimization still cannot perform mind you, I only play video of a maximum 480p
Wow and it’s still sluggish on 480p? Crank your video buffer to max 2 gigs?

I tried everything over the years, its nothing wrong with my computer,
Serato was not engineered for video or video does not mean a thing to Serato.

Now even if they update it am not bothered, it will be too little too late, Already got used to VDJ and am very happy.
Culprit 8:11 PM - 12 April, 2019
Culprit 9:45 PM - 15 April, 2019
from Mike Boogie

Quote:
My experience with Serato Video has been very hit and miss as my previous post would reveal. But one thing I will say about Serato Video on PC. It CAN be ran flawlessly. But there are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Your off the shelf PC even with some of the most expensive hardware will run SV like crap... (for the lack of a better term)

2. Be mindful of the level of hardware that our Mac counterparts are using.

3. If you spec a Windows laptop with Mac level spec, you CAN in fact, run Serato Video at a comparable level. But it is all based on what CODEC you have and configure.

After a VERY painstaking and laborious process over many man hours, I found a config that works for me with GREAT results.

I want to know some of our Mac users input as well.

My Current Setup:

Msi GS63VR 7RF
CPU: i7-7700HQ (Kaby Lake)
GPU: Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1060
6GB GDDR5
RAM: 16GB
SSD/HDD: 256GB + 1TB

Controller: Numark NS7 mk3

With LAV filters....I am able to run SV with ZERO ISSUE at Best Quality 1080P. I can even capture performance with BandiCam at 60 fps.

Cons:
You cannot record a Video Mix via Serato Video! Because Mac Users can't even do it without Mix Emergency.

Note: I have run into some minor issues (green/white blank screens) after leaving Serato Video sitting idle for HOURS and attempting to pickup a mix. I suspect a memory leak somewhere but it has never "wet the bed" in a performance.

This is from my personal experience so, of course, your mileage may vary.

imgur.com

Maybe someone can try these settings and let us know the results.
MartyCruze 12:51 AM - 29 January, 2020
Quote:
from Mike Boogie

Quote:
My experience with Serato Video has been very hit and miss as my previous post would reveal. But one thing I will say about Serato Video on PC. It CAN be ran flawlessly. But there are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Your off the shelf PC even with some of the most expensive hardware will run SV like crap... (for the lack of a better term)

2. Be mindful of the level of hardware that our Mac counterparts are using.

3. If you spec a Windows laptop with Mac level spec, you CAN in fact, run Serato Video at a comparable level. But it is all based on what CODEC you have and configure.

After a VERY painstaking and laborious process over many man hours, I found a config that works for me with GREAT results.

I want to know some of our Mac users input as well.

My Current Setup:

Msi GS63VR 7RF
CPU: i7-7700HQ (Kaby Lake)
GPU: Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1060
6GB GDDR5
RAM: 16GB
SSD/HDD: 256GB + 1TB

Controller: Numark NS7 mk3

With LAV filters....I am able to run SV with ZERO ISSUE at Best Quality 1080P. I can even capture performance with BandiCam at 60 fps.

Cons:
You cannot record a Video Mix via Serato Video! Because Mac Users can't even do it without Mix Emergency.

Note: I have run into some minor issues (green/white blank screens) after leaving Serato Video sitting idle for HOURS and attempting to pickup a mix. I suspect a memory leak somewhere but it has never "wet the bed" in a performance.

This is from my personal experience so, of course, your mileage may vary.

imgur.com

Maybe someone can try these settings and let us know the results.

Wow! That did it for me, I just have to do a 5 hour live mix test run to confirm stability, but it definitely revived hope on the PC platform. Thanks!

Using an old HP 8770w w/16GB RAM and 2 onboard SSDs W10 with Prime 4
Culprit 1:13 AM - 29 January, 2020
yep I have those settings and that image saved on my internal server just in case I want to give windows 10 another shot
Jeny Jehn 1:14 PM - 6 February, 2020
Digital video was later capable of higher quality and, eventually, much lower cost than earlier analog technology. After the invention of the DVD in 1997. www.mistersaad.com
DJ MadWan 12:29 PM - 27 February, 2020
Hey guys. I still haven't given up on SV but as you can guess, an update is very unlikely. I believe i have found a work-around to this bad situation. I'm not claiming I've found a fix, i would just like to share my solution.

This is my setup:
Asus FX504, i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz, win10 64bit, 16G RAM, 4G Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

First of all, forget the video codec link that serato provides and download k-lite codec pack (standard) and install it. Leave everything to default. Once installed, open the LAV Video settings pannel. Under Hardware Decoder to use, select (your video card) or DXVA2 (copy-back). In my case, selecting NVIDIA CUVID, works really well. With these settings I can play 720p and 1080p vids (23fps to 30fps) in MP4 format. But not all play flawlessly. If a video becomes choppy or freezes, there is a way to monitor that and also fix it. Load a music video on either deck. In serato, navigate to the setup bar -> expansion packs -> Serato video -> output. Set the buffer size to maximum or 1 bar before that, output quality to best and V-Sync on. Next, click on Info. The Buffered Frames (left or right) should read ~60fps. (this is for MP4 music videos) If the fps are 50 or below, convert the MP4 file to MOV. There is a lot of different video software that can do that but i prefer Aimersoft video editor. There are specific MP4 files (720p or 1080p) that do not work with serato video. The fps drop to 15 and sometimes to below 10, which crashes SV or just freezes it. My advise is, check each MP4 using the Info pannel in serato video before you do a gig. If the video is playing at 60fps, everything is fine. If the video playing is below 50fps, convert it to MOV. If that also fails, convert the 1080p video to 720p or lower MOV format. If that also fails, don't use that video :o)

I hope this helps some of you regain some faith back in serato video and i sincerely hope that the serato geniuses come up with a patch or a fix or a simple work around!
DJ MadWan 12:31 PM - 27 February, 2020
Also set the YUV Handling to Default. If you are still experiencing issues like green bars or white flashes, set it to software only
Culprit 2:49 PM - 27 February, 2020
Checking video files is a good idea but if your sourcing from legit sources like smashvission or xtendamix this is bad advice to convert them.

Those files work fine, no need to convert.
Jevgen 12:49 AM - 9 January, 2022
Quote:
Hey guys. I still haven't given up on SV but as you can guess, an update is very unlikely. I believe i have found a work-around to this bad situation. I'm not claiming I've found a fix, i would just like to share my solution.

This is my setup:
Asus FX504, i7-8750H @ 2.20 GHz, win10 64bit, 16G RAM, 4G Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

First of all, forget the video codec link that serato provides and download k-lite codec pack (standard) and install it. Leave everything to default. Once installed, open the LAV Video settings pannel. Under Hardware Decoder to use, select (your video card) or DXVA2 (copy-back). In my case, selecting NVIDIA CUVID, works really well. With these settings I can play 720p and 1080p vids (23fps to 30fps) in MP4 format. But not all play flawlessly. If a video becomes choppy or freezes, there is a way to monitor that and also fix it. Load a music video on either deck. In serato, navigate to the setup bar -> expansion packs -> Serato video -> output. Set the buffer size to maximum or 1 bar before that, output quality to best and V-Sync on. Next, click on Info. The Buffered Frames (left or right) should read ~60fps. (this is for MP4 music videos) If the fps are 50 or below, convert the MP4 file to MOV. There is a lot of different video software that can do that but i prefer Aimersoft video editor. There are specific MP4 files (720p or 1080p) that do not work with serato video. The fps drop to 15 and sometimes to below 10, which crashes SV or just freezes it. My advise is, check each MP4 using the Info pannel in serato video before you do a gig. If the video is playing at 60fps, everything is fine. If the video playing is below 50fps, convert it to MOV. If that also fails, convert the 1080p video to 720p or lower MOV format. If that also fails, don't use that video :o)

I hope this helps some of you regain some faith back in serato video and i sincerely hope that the serato geniuses come up with a patch or a fix or a simple work around!

Thanx a lot, my friend! It helps me!
nastasiya09 5:21 PM - 23 February, 2022
Serato DJ Expansions bundle includes Serato Play, Serato FX, Serato Flip, Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ, Serato DVS and Serato Video.
nastasiya09 1:08 PM - 24 February, 2022
Serato DJ Expansions bundle includes Serato Play
myfiosgateway.one
tutuappvip.co