Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro

Dj KoolBreeze 4:10 PM - 18 November, 2017
Interesting after going through the forums earlier i see mention of SDJ PRO in the making. Not officially, but from forum members.
Great news as based on my analysis of certain feature request responses from serato.
I believe there is gonna be full sdj without hardware connected. Might be ilok related.

Also a 64 bit version. All this is based on serato response to questions people generally ask.
Very exciting days ahead.
Ripshod 5:26 PM - 18 November, 2017
Not gonna get up and dance just yet.
Functionality wise 64bit ain't gonna make a hell of a difference.

Personally I would love to see a whole OS dedicated to Serato and mixing - but it ain't gonna happen.

Watching this very closely ;)
veleno 8:26 PM - 18 November, 2017
Participation in the beta: The purpose of the Serato DJ Pro Invite Beta (the “Beta”) is to make beta versions and other pre-release versions of Serato DJ Pro software (the “Beta Software”) available to you for the purpose of providing Serato Limited (“Serato”) with feedback on the Beta Software.

Confidential Information: You agree that the Beta Software and any information concerning the Beta Software (including its nature and existence, features, functionality and screenshots) and any other information disclosed by Serato to you in connection with the Beta will be considered and referred to in this Agreement as “Confidential Information”.

Non-disclosure of Confidential Information: You agree not to disclose, publish, or otherwise disseminate any Confidential Information to anyone other than individuals who are part of the Beta and only in the Beta area in the Serato Forum, or as otherwise expressly permitted or agreed to in writing by Serato. You further agree to take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use, disclosure, publication, or dissemination of Confidential Information, including preventing access to or display of the Beta Software to third parties. You agree not to use Confidential Information otherwise for your own or any third party’s benefit without the prior written approval of an authorised representative of Serato in each instance.
Ripshod 8:52 PM - 18 November, 2017
So conjecture and expressing wishes is still fine then.

Oh to be a beta tester
Dj KoolBreeze 10:15 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
Participation in the beta: The purpose of the Serato DJ Pro Invite Beta (the “Beta”) is to make beta versions and other pre-release versions of Serato DJ Pro software (the “Beta Software”) available to you for the purpose of providing Serato Limited (“Serato”) with feedback on the Beta Software.

Confidential Information: You agree that the Beta Software and any information concerning the Beta Software (including its nature and existence, features, functionality and screenshots) and any other information disclosed by Serato to you in connection with the Beta will be considered and referred to in this Agreement as “Confidential Information”.

Non-disclosure of Confidential Information: You agree not to disclose, publish, or otherwise disseminate any Confidential Information to anyone other than individuals who are part of the Beta and only in the Beta area in the Serato Forum, or as otherwise expressly permitted or agreed to in writing by Serato. You further agree to take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use, disclosure, publication, or dissemination of Confidential Information, including preventing access to or display of the Beta Software to third parties. You agree not to use Confidential Information otherwise for your own or any third party’s benefit without the prior written approval of an authorised representative of Serato in each instance.

Good thing i am not one of the chosen beta testers. I am not muzzled by any of this.
That said, thanks for confirming further that sdj pro is real. Lets dedicate this top to sdj pro and any realistc speculations then.

Since its gonna be written from the ground up hence the name change. There may longer be ties official gear. Instead fully open to any soundcard or controller. They might even throw serato sample in there as a paid plugin.

Lets speculate
R-A-C 7:51 AM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:
Since its gonna be written from the ground up hence the name change.

not at all, what makes you think that?
Dj KoolBreeze 3:33 PM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Since its gonna be written from the ground up hence the name change.

not at all, what makes you think that?

To be 64 bit, it would have to be rebuilt from the ground up.

I think the reason for the name change is contractual agreements with hardware makers and the current sdj. However with sdj pro which would be a “different” software will not be binded by any old agreements. Hence the freedom to be open to any hardware and also full version without connected hardware.
R-A-C 4:09 PM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:

no. i don't know why this is such a popular assumption here but whatever the reason it's wrong.
in doubt just have a look at one of the many 32/64bit porting guides to learn about what actually changes in such a case.
Big Pops 4:45 PM - 19 November, 2017
It make sense, first for SDJ to go 64bit which they got to do because very soon Apple would not support 32bit on Mac, just like iOS . The software go to be rewritten from ground up.
R-A-C 5:15 PM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:
The software go to be rewritten from ground up.

see the post right above yours.
Rebelguy 8:32 PM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:

Do you work for Serato? If not why do you keep showing up in discussions trying to police things. If Serato doesn’t like the conversation they can shut it down.
veleno 8:58 PM - 19 November, 2017
do not worry that the various posts have already been reported and are under control.
veleno 9:02 PM - 19 November, 2017
just here on forum I see people who do not respect the rules, on the NI forum nobody in the beta has violated the rules, I think there are a bunch of fools in this forum that deserve to be banned,
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:59 PM - 19 November, 2017
then go back to the NI forums
Rebelguy 11:29 PM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:
then go back to the NI forums

+1
veleno 1:05 PM - 20 November, 2017
Certainly it has already been reported! you will see
Big Pops 1:20 PM - 20 November, 2017
See link

djworx.com
John Calipari 2:20 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

no. i don't know why this is such a popular assumption here.

I think it is because on long string of 64-bit back-n-forth in a similar thread late last year, a frustrated Serato Dev jumped in and said the migration wouldn't be that easy and when Serato did do a 64-bit Edition, it would be a complete ground-up re-write, not a 32-bit Program with a 64-bit wrapper.
Rebelguy 3:04 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
just here on forum I see people who do not respect the rules, on the NI forum nobody in the beta has violated the rules, I think there are a bunch of fools in this forum that deserve to be banned,

One of the main rules is to be nice to others. I have reported you for calling us a bunch of fools. Hopefully you don’t get banned.
R-A-C 4:17 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
djworx.com

that's a nice and reasonable article

Quote:
a frustrated Serato Dev jumped in and said the migration wouldn't be that easy and when Serato did do a 64-bit Edition, it would be a complete ground-up re-write, not a 32-bit Program with a 64-bit wrapper.

would you have a link to that? because put like this it makes little sense technically.
John Calipari 4:41 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
djworx.com

that's a nice and reasonable article

Quote:
a frustrated Serato Dev jumped in and said the migration wouldn't be that easy and when Serato did do a 64-bit Edition, it would be a complete ground-up re-write, not a 32-bit Program with a 64-bit wrapper.

would you have a link to that? because put like this it makes little sense technically.

I don't keep record of past threads, but what doesn't make sense about it?
R-A-C 5:15 PM - 20 November, 2017
for example, not using a wrapper but not needing a full rewrite either don't exclude each other
John Calipari 5:33 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
for example, not using a wrapper but not needing a full rewrite either don't exclude each other

Don't reference what I said verbatim as I was paraphrasing what I remember. It was sometime back when everyone was bitching about every SDJ shortcoming they could think of and being 32-Bit was one of them.
veleno 10:02 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

One of the main rules is to be nice to others. I have reported you for calling us a bunch of fools. Hopefully you don’t get banned.

I do not even care about you
Telony Ex 10:09 PM - 20 November, 2017
+1
Rebelguy 11:37 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I do not even care about you

Did i ask if you did?
R-A-C 3:29 AM - 21 November, 2017
well speaking of the beta, are there specific requirements to get invited in such cases?
HV 4:34 PM - 21 November, 2017
I would also love to take part in this Beta Testing.
mixgoonie 5:55 PM - 21 November, 2017
Me too ;)
Wavespeech 9:08 PM - 21 November, 2017
Oh no, Pro, not SDJ 2, its gonna be a new product isnt it, alongside SDJ, it'll cost something won't it.

SDJ the controller activated app.
SDJ Pro the stand alone DJ Remix Producer package.

Hmm I wonder.

(Just don't let SDJ stagnate if so pls)
R-A-C 12:46 AM - 22 November, 2017
well it's called "serato dj pro 2.0". that doesn't look like a split (no point in calling it 2.0 then). they just added "pro" to the name.

however i wouldn't mind having two versions again. like it used to be with itch and scratch live. it has certain advantages to separate all-in-one devices and the rest because of the different priorities.
DJ Tecniq 1:05 AM - 22 November, 2017
I’m hearing rumors it will be called Scratchlive 2.0 the return😁
R-A-C 1:07 AM - 22 November, 2017
haha that'd be nice. maybe rather 3.0 in that case but still nice hehe
DJ Tecniq 1:14 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
haha that'd be nice. maybe rather 3.0 in that case but still nice hehe
Yeah they will discontinue SDJ and bring back their most stable software known as Scratchlive...lol it’s a dream
So Fresh 10:23 PM - 3 December, 2017
All I ask for apart from stability is

www.ableton.com

Please make my Xmas
So Fresh 10:24 PM - 3 December, 2017
Bring back the bridge in 2.0
Dave-M 1:34 PM - 1 January, 2018
Long shot, but does anyone know/think the control vinyl will be changed for this new version? Also would CV from 2013 be OK for the current version of SDJ?

Thanks.
Wavespeech 2:39 PM - 1 January, 2018
Quote:
Long shot, but does anyone know/think the control vinyl will be changed for this new version? Also would CV from 2013 be OK for the current version of SDJ?

Thanks.

It won't change.
DJMIYAGI 12:56 AM - 2 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

It won't change.

Wave is right. Not gonna happen. Too many CV collectors out there for them to discontinue support for 2.0 and 2.5 CV for the new software update.
DJMIYAGI 12:57 AM - 2 January, 2018
They may come out with a 3.0 control tone for CV eventually, but I don't see that happening any time soon and they wouldn't drop support for 2.0 and 2.5 CV
DJ Tecniq 2:35 AM - 2 January, 2018
Every control vinyl from their factory has been warped anyways. What happens when the stop production though🤔
DJ Tecniq 2:35 AM - 2 January, 2018
They*
Dave-M 1:11 PM - 2 January, 2018
Thanks for the info!
WildcardX 2:25 PM - 2 January, 2018
Quote:
Every control vinyl from their factory has been warped anyways. What happens when the stop production though🤔

You must have really bad luck with CV as the ones I recently got are not warped.
MeeHow 6:29 PM - 2 January, 2018
hopefully Q1 2018 (:
who is working on it? group of ppl from this forum ?
Dj Manzo 5:14 PM - 4 January, 2018
Is there a way to be part of the 2.0 beta testing ? I've been using serato since the beginning... I would love to help and be a beta tester...
DJMIYAGI 8:11 PM - 4 January, 2018
Quote:
Is there a way to be part of the 2.0 beta testing ? I've been using serato since the beginning... I would love to help and be a beta tester...

Not unless you get an invite or wait til the public beta is released
DJ Marty 8:20 PM - 4 January, 2018
Quote:

I buy massive amounts of control vinyl and rarely get warped vinyl.
dj_soo 6:06 PM - 5 January, 2018
Quote:

Get a pair of Tweves
dibb 10:56 PM - 5 January, 2018
Quote:
Get a pair of Tweves

I'll wait until RANE / InMusic releases the "RANE Seven"
....with a lot of pads please! ;)
dj_soo 12:23 AM - 6 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Get a pair of Tweves

I'm kind of hoping for some Tens myself. 7" is a little too small for me and Ive found the 9" platters on my sc3900s the perfect compromise.
Djkom 4:01 AM - 6 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Get a pair of Tweves

I'm kind of hoping for some Tens myself. 7" is a little too small for me and Ive found the 9" platters on my sc3900s the perfect compromise.

ABSOLUTELY !!! But I guess this kind of 9" player will not come from RANE because of their purist turntablists. This player would rather come from Denon itself, alongside a new scratch mixer in the PRIME series range...
938MyDJ 7:02 AM - 6 January, 2018
Good point!

Just like Pioneer stay with the same size of their platters!
dibb 8:34 AM - 6 January, 2018
Agreed, 9” would be better!
And no need for this “battle style” rotated design.

I think even the purists can live with that.. :)
Dave-M 8:01 PM - 7 January, 2018
Why not just put a 7 or 10" record on the Twelve?
dibb 8:07 PM - 7 January, 2018
...just to have a smaller overall form factor / better portability
Chino 8:11 PM - 7 January, 2018
Quote:

+1
Dave-M 8:18 PM - 7 January, 2018
Quote:
...just to have a smaller overall form factor / better portability

Ah, for portability, I see.
Djkom 7:57 AM - 9 January, 2018
10" turntable from Technics !!!

m.facebook.com

m.facebook.com

Wait no pitch control ? ... not for djs 😟
dj t-money 5:22 AM - 26 January, 2018
I’m going dropping on this it’s simple serato needs to catch up with RB Dj and trust me I only use serato.
Charile Wilson 9:30 AM - 27 January, 2018
I hope that they implement a decent record case with virtual folders etc. And make it so you don't have to keep rebuilding it lol.
samsistema 5:33 PM - 27 January, 2018
Does anyone has news about Serato Dj Pro 2.0? I was hoping to hear anything about it on NAMM 2018. I really hope they improve the algorithm on Pitch N' Time (Kick sounds weak even with 0% Pitch). And I hope they can improve the Auto Volume. Otherwise Serato is Pretty dope already.
DJMIYAGI 5:56 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:
Does anyone has news about Serato Dj Pro 2.0? I was hoping to hear anything about it on NAMM 2018. I really hope they improve the algorithm on Pitch N' Time (Kick sounds weak even with 0% Pitch). And I hope they can improve the Auto Volume. Otherwise Serato is Pretty dope already.

www.digitaldjtips.com
samsistema 7:48 PM - 27 January, 2018
Thank you... looks more like they do visual improvement and offline mode. I hope the sound will be better though. Has anyone experienced that auto gain is crab for sure? I use it on 90dB and made some manual adjustments as well. so it's never in red in the software. Maybe I should switch auto gain off and do everything manually?? Is anyone sure it sounds better?
popnwave 9:12 PM - 27 January, 2018
The fact people complain about Rekordbox and SDJ auto gain blows my mind at this point. Folks are either deaf, have bad libraries, or just won't ever be happy.
mixgoonie 7:47 AM - 28 January, 2018
Map a button to specify the gain track, that is the best solution ;)
samsistema 11:34 AM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
Map a button to specify the gain track, that is the best solution ;)

how does that work?

Quote:
The fact people complain about Rekordbox and SDJ auto gain blows my mind at this point. Folks are either deaf, have bad libraries, or just won't ever be happy.

Yes some music I play comes from the streets wit no pro production and sounds crappy sometimes. that's true. If you would know what genre I'm playing and where it's produced and how it's spread, you would understand unlike mainstream. But even for tracks which are in extreme good quality Serato pitch N' time makes the kick/bass sound crappy. Leave the pitch on 0%play a kick only and switch pitch n' time off. you will hear the difference and seat already confirmed it after I told them to run a test with my specific song. They said it's caused by the algorithm and can't be changed anyway soon.
dj t-money 12:08 PM - 28 January, 2018
I’m going to Post the link actually downloaded it today
popnwave 4:44 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
Yes some music I play comes from the streets wit no pro production and sounds crappy sometimes. that's true.

So RB/SDJ is to blame for crappy production?

That's like blaming a pencil for you writing a bad essay.
Dave-M 4:49 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
I’m going to Post the link actually downloaded it today

From that guy on youtube?
samsistema 5:21 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Yes some music I play comes from the streets wit no pro production and sounds crappy sometimes. that's true.

So RB/SDJ is to blame for crappy production?

That's like blaming a pencil for you writing a bad essay.

Oh man... really? Haha. Read to the end please and don't just quote what I wrote before. I know the difference between good and bad quality. Not only the files in KB/s also in the way it was produced. So for that, of cause I DON'T blame Serato for the sound. So I used good quality audio files with music which was good produced. Where the sound was mastered well. That Music I used to check out the sound quality of Serato. Did a lot of tests. Was running through a lot of tests together with Serato support and they confirmed the sound quality has some issues with Pitch N' Time. Please next time read until the end. I hope now you understand me.

To explain to you again. I can get an audio file such as WAV or MP3 (320 Kbs) and buy it where I know the quality is good for real. Again I can check the sound wave in iZotope and see if the quality of the file is good for real. But the Music can still be produced in not such a great way. For my tests I DIDN'T use this kind of songs. I used good audio quality and good produced songs. What I just did was confirming that this kind of files exist in my library and it has a reason. Some people who play just mainstream or music you can buy easy, don't understand there is great music which I want to play. So I have to go that way. But I don't blame Serato for that. I blame Serato for the sound after I run some Serious tests !!!!
AKIEM 6:59 PM - 28 January, 2018
Dam u pencil
vj tech.sys 11:07 PM - 28 January, 2018
And in this version of SDJ, I’m sure they STILL won’t have a fixed file explorer on the left side, and say something like, “the crates make it stable”!
🙄
dj_soo 12:09 AM - 29 January, 2018
Comments like the above kind of show how difficult it is to please everyone.

It's obviously such an important feature for vj tech.sys given the tone of the post, but it's nothing that I've ever even considered as important and I've absolutely never heard anyone else say it should be a feature let alone a priority.
John Calipari 12:16 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
I blame Serato for the sound after I run some Serious tests !!!!

Whats the player you are using as the reference that uncovers Serato's Audio Quality shortcomings? Just curious
AKIEM 12:27 AM - 29 January, 2018
...and there is a file explorer
(never heard anyone say get rid of crates)
samsistema 12:28 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
I blame Serato for the sound after I run some Serious tests !!!!

Whats the player you are using as the reference that uncovers Serato's Audio Quality shortcomings? Just curious

I used Serato. With and without Pitch N' Time (Like I said before, there is the difference!!) Pitch N' Time!! check it yourself. On 0% Pitch. Switch it on and off an u will hear: The kick gets weak when Pitch N' time is on. But Pitch N' Time sounds good when u pitch your track
I also tested with my audio Interface (Steinberg UR22) and the SX2. I compared it against Rekordbox, Traktor and a usual VOX audio player. I did all this with Focal Alpha 65 in an pretty well room wit absorbers on wall and ceiling. Like I said before. I was doing all this together with the Serato support.
John Calipari 2:29 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
I compared it against Rekordbox, Traktor and a usual VOX audio player

And SDJ ran last in this round-up? I'm not trying to over-analyze, just curious.

I've been using Beatport AIFF's since the ITCH days and never found the Sound Quality falling short of iTunes although it falls short of my Focusrite Clarett, but that's expected.
samsistema 5:30 PM - 29 January, 2018
With Pitch N' Time on yes. Without Pitch N' Time there is almost no difference
CMOS 9:52 PM - 29 January, 2018
You mean turning on an algorithm thats designed to affect the sound is affecting the sound?
AKIEM 10:08 PM - 29 January, 2018
lol
dj t-money 10:12 AM - 30 January, 2018
Anybody fancy trying the new serato pro?
Wavespeech 10:14 AM - 30 January, 2018
Yeah, but no, but, yeah but...
I don't want anything to affect the audio at 0% pitch, nothing untouched by software.....
...(proceeds to flange and echo and split n slice with those FX knobs like they're red hot).
dj t-money 10:17 AM - 30 January, 2018
I know it’s not the final release but I’m disappointed nothing new apart from the obvious
*64bit
*Two deck offline mode
That’s it really
Dj D.ONE 2:58 PM - 30 January, 2018
Here:
www.digitaldjtips.com
Things confirmed so far.
- Gui improvements, better rRtina/Hi-res support.
- An offline player with a crossfader. :D
mixgoonie 3:09 PM - 30 January, 2018
64bit was really time and better start sooner than later. I just hope they won't
djxcellerator 10:26 PM - 31 January, 2018
looking forward to the offline mode to compare tracks with others without plugging into mixer. Not sure why they can't release a public beta, when the did with so many other releases.
popnwave 10:29 PM - 31 January, 2018
I'm sure it is coming.. there's probably a post NAMM build they are working on after having a bunch of folks use it at the show.
dj_soo 10:29 PM - 31 January, 2018
It'll likely be public in the next few weeks. The rumors is a march release and the public beta phase usually lasts a month or so.

I would think that public betas are a pain due to so many people using the bug reporting forum to just vent about features they wanted or making feature requests instead of bug reports not to mention all the duplicate bugs that are bound to appear so they probably want to hold off until the software is pretty close to release before opening up the floodgates.

As is the invite beta forum is already full of feature requests, and just general complaints because serato didn't prioritise what that specific dj personally wanted.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:27 PM - 31 January, 2018
Quote:
It'll likely be public in the next few weeks. The rumors is a march release and the public beta phase usually lasts a month or so.

I would think that public betas are a pain due to so many people using the bug reporting forum to just vent about features they wanted or making feature requests instead of bug reports not to mention all the duplicate bugs that are bound to appear so they probably want to hold off until the software is pretty close to release before opening up the floodgates.

As is the invite beta forum is already full of feature requests, and just general complaints because serato didn't prioritise what that specific dj personally wanted.

Eggzactly
Colemang70 2:05 AM - 1 February, 2018
I hope these beta testers are really pushing the large libraries in multiple configurations of audio & video files using regular, nested, & smart crates. The VDJs, KDJS, & DJS that have large libraries in the number of files and size of files. I should not have to rebuild my library for each if the database can handle large amount of files. time will tell the story, but right now it does not work to well for serato dj 1.9.10 ijs
DJ Boom Bap 2:17 AM - 1 February, 2018
I smell a subscription.....
popnwave 3:04 AM - 1 February, 2018
Quote:
I smell a subscription.....

You can already subscribe, and both Pioneer and Serato have continued to offer persistent and subscription based licensing.
DJ Boom Bap 3:13 AM - 1 February, 2018
...... I smell a pio style sub....
dj t-money 11:16 AM - 1 February, 2018
Well I have using it atm and I can say it is running smoothly BUT I see nothing new sample still stop when changing banks even though a lot of use asking for that feature to change.
I must say thou have added a bunch of crates on top of what I already have and it’s seems to be handling that really well no crashes. But I’m still disappointed because it seems like these serato ppl aren’t listening to us as djs and what we want coz if they were then we would have all the important and required features in by now.
Plus the with pioneer and RB looking more and more impressive I think a lot of ppl will be switching soon.
dj t-money 11:21 AM - 1 February, 2018
Quote:
I hope these beta testers are really pushing the large libraries in multiple configurations of audio & video files using regular, nested, & smart crates. The VDJs, KDJS, & DJS that have large libraries in the number of files and size of files. I should not have to rebuild my library for each if the database can handle large amount of files. time will tell the story, but right now it does not work to well for serato dj 1.9.10 ijs

I have over 150000 songs in my library plus crates and never had any crashes an§d I’m running mid 2012 Mac book pro i7pro 2tb that put in and 8g ram which I’ll upgrading soon to 16gig.
Dj cuervo 4:16 PM - 1 February, 2018
When 64 bit app comes large libraries issue will not be a problem. I have 100k of videos, Karaoke and Music. I have no issue with 1.910 which is 32 bit. I have a ton of duplicates so I'm going to reorganize due to that. Anyone know of any software to help with this process?
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:20 PM - 1 February, 2018
Quote:
When 64 bit app comes large libraries issue will not be a problem. I have 100k of videos, Karaoke and Music. I have no issue with 1.910 which is 32 bit. I have a ton of duplicates so I'm going to reorganize due to that. Anyone know of any software to help with this process?

I use an app called dupeguru on Mac. It's a freeware helped with a few 100 duplicates but still had to go in manually.
Dave-M 9:23 PM - 1 February, 2018
Quote:

Duplicate detective for Mac is pretty good.
John Calipari 12:15 AM - 2 February, 2018
Quote:
WI have a ton of duplicates so I'm going to reorganize due to that. Anyone know of any software to help with this process?

I use Gemini2 from Macpaw whom also develop CleanMyMac and CleanMyDrive Apps. It's not free. though it is pretty affordable.
GRiNDBoX 12:49 AM - 2 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Not unless you get an invite or wait til the public beta is released

still not in public beta?
John Calipari 1:21 PM - 2 February, 2018
Quote:
I've been using serato since the beginning

Wouldn't the beginning be like Scratchlive, ITCH 1.0 or 1.01 or something? . . . Ahh the simpler times
Ragman 3:31 PM - 2 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
I've been using serato since the beginning

Wouldn't the beginning be like Scratchlive, ITCH 1.0 or 1.01 or something? . . . Ahh the simpler times

Scratch Live was first released in 2004. Itch was introduced back in 2008. Hard to believe it's been 14 years since Serato first introduced SSL.
kvnkrz 3:32 PM - 2 February, 2018
64 bit!?
eugguy 4:48 PM - 2 February, 2018
Yeah, been enjoying SSL since 2004, as I'm sure many of you have. Bring back the GUI of SSL with the functionality of more modern DVS options. Would be great if they improved the quality of the effects in SDJ Pro. Also with the improvement in the retina/HD imaging, if they could give you an option of browsing fully through album art or at least giving the option of bigger album art covers. One big thing I'm looking for is the off-line player. I remember when they introduced the ability to create cue points and listen/edit tracks/playlists off-line...the off-line player will be revolutionary to what I need, even though I don't mind hooking up my laptop to my setups. I'm excited - kind of feels like the old days of SSL where you could expect some major improvements and functionality/options.
CMOS 8:20 PM - 2 February, 2018
Whos gonna be the first momo to DJ out in offline mode because they didnt want to buy a box or mixer?
Ragman 9:19 PM - 2 February, 2018
You'd be surprised how many wack DJs will be getting gigs using it in offline mode.
dj_soo 9:39 PM - 2 February, 2018
The feature has been in existence forever in other programs including vdj which is also free for the most basic version. And the fill version of vdj and traktor is very easy to pirate.

I doubt serato offering it is going to make anything worse.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:08 PM - 2 February, 2018
Quote:
Whos gonna be the first momo to DJ out in offline mode because they didnt want to buy a box or mixer?

That's why so many of them are screaming for it
dj Krazey leo 4:05 PM - 4 February, 2018
SMH .
8823430 7:31 PM - 4 February, 2018
I've been testing the beta now since november on an old duo core 8gb ram 10 year old windows 10 laptop.
I use the beta when i gig and it's brill.there is no crashing .
The only thing i haven't done is put enough music on the 10 year old pc as i have to switch between laptops for music i need to play.
I have a denon mc7000 so switching between laptops is very easy
BobbyDuracel 3:46 AM - 6 February, 2018
Quote:
All I ask for apart from stability is

www.ableton.com

Please make my Xmas

Oh I definitely agree. I remember way back when the Bridge was announced. I switched from my old-beloved Traktor to Serato. I bought the nicer sound card. I bought the APC40 and Ableton. It was like Christmas... for 20 mins until I realized the Bridge had LOTS OF WORK before it would ever be functional - if ever.

I knew within days that it was like trying to sell a hydrogen powered car to the masses in 1980. Not gonna fly. Not ready yet. REALLY cool idea, just not there.

I promptly reported my findings, sold my Serato stuff, learned Ableton Live, and went back to Traktor.

And I'm still waiting for the re-release.
BobbyDuracel 3:47 AM - 6 February, 2018
But it was fun reading other posts defending the Bridge, assuring me that "the product is fine, you just don't get it bro" - until slowly they too realized the truth. ;)
BobbyDuracel 3:51 AM - 6 February, 2018
1. Fix the Sampler - it's 2018. I should be able to save sampler SETS and recall them.
2. Make the 16 pads on the mixers/controllers work in concert for 16 pad sampler sets
3. Improve beat grid. Just look at other big competitors and do what they did ;)
4. Allow me to use your software to audition mixes at work without my mixer
5. Don't omit controllers from use with PRO features (like the DJ808) that are only one year old. Don't force us all to have 2018+ controllers to use the new features of the software
6. STEM compatibility
7. LOOP sessions on the sampler - think "remix decks"

basically just look at what Traktor did over the past few years, do it "your way", but do it. Keep the app more stable than Traktor (so I can run it on my wife's laptop, not my fancy one) &

8. Serato Sample, or Ableton decks.... Something.

Think of your competition. NI has Traktor and they have Maschine. Do you think they aren't working tirelessly to allow Maschine decks in Traktor?

Do the same thing, but with Ableton.

Rant/request list over.
vj tech.sys 10:46 PM - 7 February, 2018
Quote:
Comments like the above kind of show how difficult it is to please everyone.

It's obviously such an important feature for vj tech.sys given the tone of the post, but it's nothing that I've ever even considered as important and I've absolutely never heard anyone else say it should be a feature let alone a priority.

you're 100%... it's not like there isn't a whole discussion about it, or anything

oh wait

serato.com
dj_soo 10:58 PM - 7 February, 2018
That thread is about folder syncing and has nothing to do with what you stated:

Quote:
And in this version of SDJ, I’m sure they STILL won’t have a fixed file explorer on the left side, and say something like, “the crates make it stable”!
🙄

You know there's a file explorer in serato already right?
AKIEM 11:18 PM - 7 February, 2018
...thought I mentioned there IS a file exporter...

yeah, that link lol
vj tech.sys 11:21 PM - 7 February, 2018
i said FIXED file explorer
John Calipari 11:36 PM - 7 February, 2018
Quote:
i said FIXED file explorer

What is your complaint about the SDJ Explorer again? I couldn't find it in the thread
AKIEM 12:47 AM - 8 February, 2018
actually you said 'a fixed file explorer on the left side instead of crates'

so what's wrong with the explorer?
vj tech.sys 9:25 AM - 10 February, 2018
sorry, not the file explorer, but the library view... other programs seem to be able to keep your directory structure the way it is on the drive. Folder->subfolder->subfolder->etc. The only way to do that right now is to use Serato Itch Sync or Alchimie Zinc, which is a little pain when adding new files, say a monthly record pool, or something of the like.

Creating crates, is fine, but being able to browse/search your entire library, for me, would be a better option.
dj_soo 9:32 AM - 10 February, 2018
I gave up on folders for my music over 10 years ago and rely on a mix of itunes smart playlists, tagging, and crates. I find it much easier and much more robust and powerful using keywords, automated tools, and searching via a database to the point where all my music just lives in one giant folder.

I can see how some people still want a mirror-folder-structure-to-crates, but it wouldn't affect me in the least.
vj tech.sys 9:42 AM - 10 February, 2018
I’ll make crates for events, because there are typically some tracks that MUST be played, or background videos for bands that I need immediate access to.

I’m guessing I’ll need to just need to do the smart crate thing for my subscription based music and videos.

Sorry for coming off like an ass.
dj_soo 9:49 AM - 10 February, 2018
This is what I do:

I create smart playlists for overlapping bpms. So 100-110, 105-115, 110-120, etc.

Which means any of my tracks that are properly labeled by bpm, just automatically get put in those smart playlists.

I then tag the files by their relevant genres and use star ratings for energy. When I'm djing, I can now choose whatever bpm range I want to play in, and since all the tracks in that list are roughly similar tempos, I can order by things like key, or artist, energy (I have to translate stars to color codes in serato), or date added instead of bpm. Serato's secondary sorting feature is great for this as well as I can sort by key, and then sort by date added and have my newest tracks at the top of each key grouping. If I find myself creeping up or down to the edges of the bpm range, I just choose the next playlist in range. Because I overlap the ranges, I'm never really in danger of missing out on some mixes or tracks.

So if I'm playing a specific genre, I'll just type the keywords or genres I want to see in the search field, and the program (I use Serato) will limit the tracks shown to just those with that keyword.

Why I prefer this system is that there's so much overlap in genres and styles these days that it makes sorting by genre within folders a little tricky. What happens if you have a hip hop tune with a reggae verse? Do you stick it in your hip hop folder or your reggae folder or copy it and put it in both? This way, everything relevant appears in my folders and I don't have to manually move too many things around crates as everything is automatic.

I do additional things like have a specific tag for my more top 40 gigs and I can exclude those tracks in my more underground playlists automatically so I don't have to look at say a bunch of Justin Bieber tracks when I'm freestyling at an underground night.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:09 AM - 10 February, 2018
Quote:
I gave up on folders for my music over 10 years ago and rely on a mix of itunes smart playlists, tagging, and crates. I find it much easier and much more robust and powerful using keywords, automated tools, and searching via a database to the point where all my music just lives in one giant folder.

I can see how some people still want a mirror-folder-structure-to-crates, but it wouldn't affect me in the least.

Is there any program to sync Serato crates to iTunes?
Ragman 3:10 PM - 10 February, 2018
Quote:
sorry, not the file explorer, but the library view... other programs seem to be able to keep your directory structure the way it is on the drive. Folder->subfolder->subfolder->etc. The only way to do that right now is to use Serato Itch Sync or Alchimie Zinc, which is a little pain when adding new files, say a monthly record pool, or something of the like.

Creating crates, is fine, but being able to browse/search your entire library, for me, would be a better option.

I've been using the library view in SDJ since it has been out and I've never had a problem with losing the crate structure unless I mess with the sub folders in Windows Explorer. But that would only affect the files location so actually I don't know what you mean. Are you saying that your crates and sub crates are moving around in the software whenever you close and open the app?
Ragman 3:25 PM - 10 February, 2018
Ahhhhh, I think I know what you're getting at. Serato's crates and sub-crates are not tied down to the folder structure on Windows or Macs directories. The crates in Serato are more like index labels and the actual files are linked to the location of the files in say Windows Explorer. That's why in Serato you can put a track in any crate you so desire. Crates are not actual folders and that's just by design of the software.

Also if you select All... at the top of your main library view you can search through your entire library for any audio or video tracks. Selecting All Audio... or All Video... should be self-explanatory.
Ragman 3:27 PM - 10 February, 2018
If you're on a particular crate when you do a search, it will only search through that crate.
Marv Incredible 9:45 PM - 10 February, 2018
Quote:
1. Fix the Sampler - it's 2018. I should be able to save sampler SETS and recall them.

Done been asking for this
jackdhouse 11:25 PM - 10 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Done been asking for this

Just make a crate with your "sampler set" files in it. Then just drag all the files in the sampler set crate up to the sampler when needed.
Marv Incredible 11:49 PM - 10 February, 2018
No offences dude, but if it was that simple we wouldn't be asking for the ability to save and load sets.

The way it works now, you can't even drop a crate of tracks onto the sampler and have them show up. Nor can you select all and drag them over. it works ONE SAMPLE SLOT AT A TIME.

Imagine you have a routine with 32 samples over 4 banks. Now you want to change your routine. You're going to have to individually load/overwrite all 32 slots by using your mouse/trackpad to drag them over one by one.

And what about the next time you want to do the first routine? Now you have to repeat the whole process, hoping you remember exactly where each sample goes each time, what cue it's set to trigger from, etc, etc.

It's LONG fam. Like OP said, it's 2018. Ain't nobody got time for that.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:04 AM - 11 February, 2018
Quote:
No offences dude, but if it was that simple we wouldn't be asking for the ability to save and load sets.

The way it works now, you can't even drop a crate of tracks onto the sampler and have them show up. Nor can you select all and drag them over. it works ONE SAMPLE SLOT AT A TIME.

Imagine you have a routine with 32 samples over 4 banks. Now you want to change your routine. You're going to have to individually load/overwrite all 32 slots by using your mouse/trackpad to drag them over one by one.

And what about the next time you want to do the first routine? Now you have to repeat the whole process, hoping you remember exactly where each sample goes each time, what cue it's set to trigger from, etc, etc.

Does another software currently do this?
jackdhouse 3:37 AM - 11 February, 2018
Quote:

I have the dj-808 and ive made drum kit crates that ive done as ive stated...so id have to kindly disagree with you. If you highlight 8 tracks/samples and drag them up to the 8 slots..they will all populate across them. I do have track 1 in each drum crate set be the kick..track 2 is the snare ...etc for consistency across the sets. Tho im not sure with doing a quick mix set this would be the most feasible option, but a workaround since the feature youve requested isnt available.
Marv Incredible 7:12 AM - 11 February, 2018
Hmm. I double-checked before I posted in case something and changed since I last tried and it didn't work for me. But now you've said that I'll try again when I'm next in the studio. I'll be glad to be wrong in this case. Thx
Aptidda 5:04 PM - 12 February, 2018
Quote:
Hmm. I double-checked before I posted in case something and changed since I last tried and it didn't work for me. But now you've said that I'll try again when I'm next in the studio. I'll be glad to be wrong in this case. Thx

wow Marv your incredible!
Cnspeace 6:27 PM - 12 February, 2018
Quote:

I agree..this is the thing I want more than anything in the new version. I shouldn't have to use a different app to sync folders. I add songs to a folder daily, it would be nice if I can just click sync on the crate and it recognizes newly added songs. Also good for a new drive or folder moves.
Zmario 9:48 AM - 21 February, 2018
Buongiorno
Ho un MacBook Pro Mld 2012 - Processore 2,3 GHz Intel Core I7 - Memoria 8 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 - Grafica Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 Mb collegati a:
Una consolle Denon 8000 e a un Launchpad S.

Ho notato 2 inconvenienti rispetto a Serato DJ:
1° - Accendendo la consolle dopo avere avviato Serato Pro (Il programma non la riconosce). Per cui devo accendere prima la Denon 8000 e poi avviare Serato Pro.

2° - Il Launchpad S non viene mai riconosciuto all'avviamento di Serato Pro (A programma avviato devo staccare la USB e riconnetterla)

Spero di essere stato d'aiuto
Saluti
ZMario
Zmario 9:51 AM - 21 February, 2018
Scusa
Sistema Operativo
OS X Yosemite vers.10.10.5
Cnspeace 11:26 PM - 22 February, 2018
Soooo Monday is the day ???
DJMIYAGI 11:47 PM - 22 February, 2018
Quote:
Soooo Monday is the day ???

According to Serato's FB
www.facebook.com
Colemang70 1:32 AM - 23 February, 2018
next we can talk about all of the trues and not trues. People remember this serato please do get your hope up for the gold basket of golden eggs.
Telony Ex 1:44 AM - 23 February, 2018
if the surprise all of us and make serato be used with any controller you choose. that would be game over for the entire software game
Rebelguy 7:18 AM - 23 February, 2018
Why? What controller is a must have that Serato is not able to be used with?
dj Krazey leo 7:35 AM - 23 February, 2018
Pioneer Ddj 1000
Blank_Disk 10:06 AM - 23 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I agree..this is the thing I want more than anything in the new version. I shouldn't have to use a different app to sync folders. I add songs to a folder daily, it would be nice if I can just click sync on the crate and it recognizes newly added songs. Also good for a new drive or folder moves.

there is a way to auto add tracks but its not the simplest thing in the world.
you have to explore your music folder to here "C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\Music\_Serato_"
create a shortcut to the auto import folder on your desktop or quick access panel in you are using windows 10.
when adding new tracks drop them in the auto import folder and when you open serato it will auto import the Tracks into a folder called latest import here
"C:\Users\YOUR-NAME\Music\_Serato_\Imported\Latest Import"
A folder will now appear in your crates list called latest import with the tracks you added & it will do this every time tracks are added.
Telony Ex 3:04 PM - 23 February, 2018
Quote:
Pioneer Ddj 1000

There you go. And all future pioneer gear
Aptidda 4:37 PM - 23 February, 2018
All right Serato DJ Pro! Yahoooo, Rane 72 and 12 soon to be owners rejoice!

For everyone else its gonna be the same product with minor improvements, only thing that is important on this release is the 72 and 12, and perhaps the 64 bit.

And sorry kids, all of those "Dreamy & this would be AMAZING" features you peons hope they implement for your aging mid/low grade plastic POS controllers have not been considered. Go back into your caves you inferior controller freaks.
Rebelguy 5:00 PM - 23 February, 2018
Quote:

For everyone else its gonna be the same product with minor improvements, only thing that is important on this release is the 72 and 12, and perhaps the 64 bit.

And sorry kids, all of those "Dreamy & this would be AMAZING" features you peons hope they implement for your aging mid/low grade plastic POS controllers have not been considered. Go back into your caves you inferior controller freaks.

This release does not contain support for the Rane 72 or 12. This has already been confirmed by the mods in the Beta group. It will be a separate update.
Aptidda 5:06 PM - 23 February, 2018
Quote:
This release does not contain support for the Rane 72 or 12. This has already been confirmed by the mods in the Beta group. It will be a separate update.

Uh huh, ok Rebelguy. Umm hmm
Rebelguy 5:18 PM - 23 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Guess we’ll find out next week.
Aptidda 5:20 PM - 23 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Guess we’ll find out next week.

guess we will.
DJ Yagga 10:23 AM - 24 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Snapple FACTS !
Cnspeace 3:43 PM - 24 February, 2018
Quote:

Fake News...Pro is for the Rane gear.
DJ Tecniq 4:34 PM - 24 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

This is starting to sound like CNN
Cnspeace 4:53 PM - 24 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think you mean Fox :)
DJ Unique 6:01 AM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

HaHaHa
DJ Tecniq 8:04 AM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Keep drinking the koolaide bud. Newsflash they aren’t a credible news source🤦🏼‍♂️
youtu.be
Cnspeace 3:23 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Keep drinking the koolaide bud. Newsflash they aren’t a credible news source🤦🏼‍♂️
youtu.be

How dumb can you be ??? I am Black we don't do Fox ..for that matter no one should. It sure is some dumb DJs in here. The Rane 72 & 12 are supported on the new version.
DJ Tecniq 5:05 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
youtu.be

How dumb can you be ??? I am Black we don't do Fox ..for that matter no one should. It sure is some dumb DJs in here. The Rane 72 & 12 are supported on the new version.
There’s actually black ppl that watch Fox they are called republicans lol. I bet you’re the biggest fan of Don Lemon. That’s another topic for a different day. As for the Rane equipment we know that already it’s on their shipping boxes.
Rebelguy 5:55 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
The Rane 72 & 12 are supported on the new version.

No they aren’t.
Aptidda 5:58 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

No they aren’t.

Yes they are. 9:30AM UTC Léon
J.J. 6:04 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:

I use Alchimie Zinc (old & outdated) and it's a headache. After you moved your new tracks into your folders and run Alchimie, you have to open Scratch Live, let it update, close it and then open Serato DJ.

I still don't understand why Serato doesn't Sync with folders using the directory structure.

"Alchimie Titanium is Coming" What are the new features? alchimiedj.com
popnwave 6:11 PM - 26 February, 2018
If that update ever comes out I'll def buy it.. not worthwhile to me in its current form.
Cnspeace 7:33 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I use Alchimie Zinc (old & outdated) and it's a headache. After you moved your new tracks into your folders and run Alchimie, you have to open Scratch Live, let it update, close it and then open Serato DJ.

I still don't understand why Serato doesn't Sync with folders using the directory structure.

I agree with him, I shouldn't have to go 3rd party.

And No Tecniq Lemon is disconnected...lol.
popnwave 7:47 PM - 26 February, 2018
serato.com

It's out.
Cnspeace 7:49 PM - 26 February, 2018
Got it !
eugguy 7:54 PM - 26 February, 2018
IT'S FKIN XMAS IN LATE FEB!!
Colemang70 8:02 PM - 26 February, 2018
100.00 not free serato o well let's it
popnwave 8:08 PM - 26 February, 2018
LOL what crack are you smoking, upgrade it free.
Colemang70 8:11 PM - 26 February, 2018
just having fun no crack but some pretty red kool-aid lol salute
thorissr 8:14 PM - 26 February, 2018
DL'ing now!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:14 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
100.00 not free serato o well let's it

Not cool. Serato DJ Pro is a free upgrade for all existing DJ users (if you have a license or DJ enabled hardware).
Colemang70 8:15 PM - 26 February, 2018
the program just being 64-bit is wonderful. The library size has grown greatly and the interface and little changes are nice and welcomed. The Serato has came a long way. The two deck offline mode is very sweet. Congrats and 2018 will be DJ software now all of the big ones have updated salute
Colemang70 8:17 PM - 26 February, 2018
i got four of your controllers, mixers, & dvs box. I paid to have a little fun. Sorry do not hit me to hard. Salute
dj_soo 8:28 PM - 26 February, 2018
just because you paid for something doesn't give you the right to spread misinformation.
dibb 9:10 PM - 26 February, 2018
1 update, 3 devices outdated? I can’t find the Akai AFX, AMX and Vestax VCI 400 on the supported hardware page.
dj_soo 11:11 PM - 26 February, 2018
if it's any consolation, my old VCI 380 still works with DJ Pro. It's not officially supported, but it still works.
Rebelguy 11:13 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No they aren’t.

No it appears that they aren’t.

serato.com

And they used the S9 for the What’s New video.
dj_soo 11:16 PM - 26 February, 2018
AMX is still on the page - AFX was discontinued recently, but will likely still work.
Rebelguy 11:25 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
It sure is some dumb DJs in here. The Rane 72 & 12 are supported on the new version.

Who’s dumb?

serato.com
Cnspeace 11:27 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

And the admins in the LIVE stream and comments said it will. What they didn't say of course is a release date. Just keep reading rumors..I know it's people who are confused due to misinformation so I make sure I post facts. The new version of Serato is compatible with the new mixer which has not been released yet.
Cnspeace 11:32 PM - 26 February, 2018
Here ya go ...

imgur.com
dj_soo 11:37 PM - 26 February, 2018
This version is most definitely not going to work with the 72/Twelves they will release a 2.0.1 or something when the hardware drops.
Rebelguy 11:37 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

And the admins in the LIVE stream and comments said it will. What they didn't say of course is a release date. Just keep reading rumors..I know it's people who are confused due to misinformation so I make sure I post facts. The new version of Serato is compatible with the new mixer which has not been released yet.

I never said that Serato Pro would not support the 72 or 12. I said that the version being released today would not support them...which it does not.
skinnyguy 11:38 PM - 26 February, 2018
so Yosemite isn't supported anymore?
DJ Yagga 11:39 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No they aren’t.

serato.com

They aren't supported.
DJ Brian.D 11:41 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
1 update, 3 devices outdated? I can’t find the Akai AFX, AMX and Vestax VCI 400 on the supported hardware page.

AFX still works with 2.0
eugguy 11:47 PM - 26 February, 2018
Looking sharp on the retina screen so far - wish they had the option to make the damn album art pics bigger, but ehhh - whatever. The practice mode is pretty sweet too - loving what I am seeing so far.
Cnspeace 12:02 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

I never said that Serato Pro would not support the 72 or 12. I said that the version being released today would not support them...which it does not.

Don't try and switch it now. The mixer and controller are not out. The new VERSION..you know the x64 Pro vs the x32 DJ version will be available for the mixer. You think they will put it out without it ? As far as the one out now....what do you think the people that used the 72 @ NAMM used ? The old version ? The 72 requires 64 bit software. They didn't list it because you cannot use it. You mean build..not version.
dj_soo 12:07 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:

not technically - still works tho.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:08 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:

All existing Serato DJ/Intro hardware is still supported :)

Quote:

We only support (i.e. do all our testing) with the three most recent OS versions. Yosemite should still work, we'll still offer tech support for it and still fix any bugs on it :)
WildcardX 12:09 AM - 27 February, 2018
Yosemite is a 64 Bit OS so it works with SDJ Pro. I just installed it on my 2011 MBP 13.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:09 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
This version is most definitely not going to work with the 72/Twelves they will release a 2.0.1 or something when the hardware drops

Correct. The Rane Seventy-Two and Twelve will be supported in a future software release.
dj_soo 12:10 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
This version is most definitely not going to work with the 72/Twelves they will release a 2.0.1 or something when the hardware drops

Correct. The Rane Seventy-Two and Twelve will be supported in a future software release.

YOU SHOULD WRITE THAT IN ALL CAPS AND BOLDED LETTERS SO THAT THE PEOPLE ARGUING THIS STUPID LITTLE DETAIL CAN STOP NOW.
WildcardX 12:11 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
[

YOU SHOULD WRITE THAT IN ALL CAPS AND BOLDED LETTERS SO THAT THE PEOPLE ARGUING THIS STUPID LITTLE DETAIL CAN STOP NOW.

*Grabs Popcorn*
Rebelguy 12:23 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

Don't try and switch it now. The mixer and controller are not out. The new VERSION..you know the x64 Pro vs the x32 DJ version will be available for the mixer. You think they will put it out without it ? As far as the one out now....what do you think the people that used the 72 @ NAMM used ? The old version ? The 72 requires 64 bit software. They didn't list it because you cannot use it. You mean build..not version.

I am not trying to switch anything. As stated above and as I stated, the build (does that make you feel better) which was released today does not support the 72 or 12. I never said that Serato would not support the mixer.
WildcardX 12:29 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Aptidda 12:43 AM - 27 February, 2018
dang I'm about to cancel my pre order and give up on waiting for the Seventy Two. No serato and using my vetax PMC 06 to mix regular vinyl sucks. Maybe I should pull the S9 out of the dumpster after all.....
Cnspeace 12:51 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:

I am not trying to switch anything. As stated above and as I stated, the build (does that make you feel better) which was released today does not support the 72 or 12. I never said that Serato would not support the mixer.

Like I said. The Version works with the mixer. The build may not. Just stick to spinning.
Rebelguy 1:10 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Just stick to spinning.

Tell yourself.
Kalus 1:36 AM - 27 February, 2018
I can't see any library performance and loading differences to Serato DJ.
Have a huge library and it needs like 20 seconds to load and clicking through crates doesn't feel smooth.

Well the Practice Mode is a nice touch but Rekordbox has this since years. A very disappointing "upgrade"
Smoke21 2:16 AM - 27 February, 2018
hey guys... so i recently upgraded my OS X to yosemite but I'm seeing that serrate dj doesn't support yosemite? is El Capitan stable enough to upgrade to that OS X ? is it worth upgrading to Serato DJ Pro? Thanks for any feedback or opinions
eugguy 3:00 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
I can't see any library performance and loading differences to Serato DJ.
Have a huge library and it needs like 20 seconds to load and clicking through crates doesn't feel smooth.

Well the Practice Mode is a nice touch but Rekordbox has this since years. A very disappointing "upgrade"

So quit complaining and just use Rekordbox. No one is forcing you to use SDJP.
BobbyDuracel 3:02 AM - 27 February, 2018
Aside from practice mode (which I could do in my former DVS apps 10+ years ago) I do not see any mega-awesome new features with this update. I hoped for the ability to save sample banks for recall, maybe even some more Ableton integration... It just looks like they are catching up to RB or Traktor in that regard. Am I missing something?
Chino 3:12 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Aside from practice mode (which I could do in my former DVS apps 10+ years ago) I do not see any mega-awesome new features with this update. I hoped for the ability to save sample banks for recall, maybe even some more Ableton integration... It just looks like they are catching up to RB or Traktor in that regard. Am I missing something?

Another forum member described SDJ Pro 2.0 as "evolutionary not revolutionary".

SDJ Pro 2.0 brings a much needed 64bit platform, the above mentioned practice mode & a host of bug fixes.

The SDJ Pro road map seems to be quality(needs) over wants(features). Personally, I prefer bug fixes, stability & reliability improvements over new features!!
Mr. Goodkat 3:21 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Like I said. The Version works with the mixer. The build may not. Just stick to spinning.

you realize you dont have to write within the quote? forums and comprehension arent your strong suit
Mr. Goodkat 3:23 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
SDJ Pro 2.0 brings a much needed 64bit platform, the above mentioned practice mode & a host of bug fixes.

the 64 bit thing was a have to, mac os arent supporting anything less pretty soon(as in OS releases)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:27 AM - 27 February, 2018
Hi Smoke21,
Quote:
hey guys... so i recently upgraded my OS X to yosemite but I'm seeing that serrate dj doesn't support yosemite? is El Capitan stable enough to upgrade to that OS X ? is it worth upgrading to Serato DJ Pro?

As I mentioned earlier, we only support (i.e. do all our testing) with the three most recent OS versions. Yosemite should still work, we'll still offer tech support for it and still fix any bugs on it :)
Smoke21 3:33 AM - 27 February, 2018
Im Using a djm900 nexus mixer with club kit... would i be fine upgrading to high sierra with no issues with the mixer and club kit ? also using a 2012 MBP. thanks @Michael R
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:38 AM - 27 February, 2018
If you're running Yosemite and everything is working ok I'd say stay on what you know works :)
DJ Yagga 3:40 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
dang I'm about to cancel my pre order and give up on waiting for the Seventy Two. No serato and using my vetax PMC 06 to mix regular vinyl sucks. Maybe I should pull the S9 out of the dumpster after all.....

When you own a Vestax PMC 06, wish you had a Pioneer DJM-S9, AND can't afford a Rane 72 🤣🤣🤣
Smoke21 3:45 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
If you're running Yosemite and everything is working ok I'd say stay on what you know works :)

Thanks for the help @Michael R
Aptidda 5:39 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

When you own a Vestax PMC 06, wish you had a Pioneer DJM-S9, AND can't afford a Rane 72 🤣🤣🤣

Hahaaa incorrect. I sold my S9 back in December for $1,300.00 (an astonishing figure to you that you probably have never seen in your checking account) . That's $300-500 more than you can get for a S9 used nowadays. I already paid for my new 72 mixer back in December, I have more money than I know what to do with and practice day trading and work for the Govt with a fat ass pension and fully paid health care for life. Get your weight up JR. And if you need anything DJ gear related, let me know. I'll be happy to send you a steamy doggy bag filled to the brim with treats and old RCA's.
Dj Nad 6:17 AM - 27 February, 2018
Hi guys, after downloading & installing this long waited major update,
I can state the following:
1- Good Graphics & Fonts & Refresh rates,
2- Faster loading & exist Speeds,
3- Faster Crates response, (as I have a super huge Library)
4- Layout almost the same but easier to configure,
5- Connect faster to Rane SL4,
with all the above it feels much Robust & so far it reminds me of the good old SSL.
using MacBook Pro early 2011 - OSX Yosemite (i7 - 8GB)
so far it's a great update & let's put it to a test in 5 - 6 hours gigs,
will report back of any slight issue to be fixed, keep up the good work Serato.
SLiDeR 8:28 AM - 27 February, 2018
For all Windows users I'm gonna say one thing - jerky waveforms... haven't gone anywhere!
dibb 9:03 AM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
All existing Serato DJ/Intro hardware is still supported :)

Thanks. I see my devices have been added to the supported hardware page.

For a brief moment I was happy that all my gear was send to Legacy Land, so I HAD to buy new hardware. Guess that won't be needed now.. :)
Clubber1970 9:42 AM - 27 February, 2018
For me also... the waveforms are very stuttery and jerky.

I'm on Windows 7 (i7 12GB RAM)
Qbaas 10:33 AM - 27 February, 2018
The r̶e̶k̶o̶r̶d̶b̶o̶x̶ performance pad view is great. 64-bit/high-res makes it future-proof. Practice-mode might be usefull, but still no option to analyze files without disconnecting hardware?

I add music daily, having to crawl behind my mixer and physically connect/disconnect the usb lead to my SL3 is irritating and makes the usb port likely the first thing to break ;/
eugguy 10:35 AM - 27 February, 2018
Waveforms are a bit jerky too and I’m on a maxed out MacBook Pro , late 2013.
Mr. Goodkat 10:40 AM - 27 February, 2018
master volume is a bit confusing, anyone else notice
DJSMASH24 10:45 AM - 27 February, 2018
Debating on making the move some people said cpu usage is at 60% or more using audio ! Even on maxed out macs.
dibb 11:02 AM - 27 February, 2018
For all people that experiencing low res screen rendering: don't forget to turn on High-Res Screen Display in Library + Display settings
Qbaas 11:20 AM - 27 February, 2018
Any info on when to select "high-res screen display"? I'm running 1920×1080, not sure if turning it on requires more cpu and then doesn't actually do anything on my monitor?
WildcardX 12:21 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:

Quote:
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:48 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
For all Windows users I'm gonna say one thing - jerky waveforms... haven't gone anywhere!

I have the opposite experience. I was was a Beta user and that is one of the things I noticed fixed for me right off the bat. My waveforms are perfect.
mixgoonie 1:53 PM - 27 February, 2018
Me too ;)
DJSMASH24 1:53 PM - 27 February, 2018
Anybody have high cpu usage?
AverySetiawan 2:43 PM - 27 February, 2018
Yep, I am never the first one to jump in the pool on an initial release (I work for a software company so I know how this typically goes). I'm still running SSL and SeratoDJ just fine......I will wait until all the bugs are worked out
Kalus 3:20 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:

So quit complaining and just use Rekordbox. No one is forcing you to use SDJP.

Noone asked for the evaluation of my opinion as well. Respect it and stop being a fanboy. Just telling the "upgrade" isn't as huge as the hype is IMHO.
John Calipari 3:48 PM - 27 February, 2018
Am I the only one that has noticed that the Serato site itself also got an update?
Dave-M 3:50 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Am I the only one that has noticed that the Serato site itself also got an update?

Where is the search for the forum?
Riddim Dojo 4:09 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

AFX still works with 2.0

I got worried too, but after backing up 1.9.x and DLing 2.0 VCI-400 is supported, just not on the hardware page online. Getting some high cpu usage right now though...
Aptidda 4:11 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Classic! LOL
Dave-M 4:12 PM - 27 February, 2018
www.facebook.com

Seems the 72 and 12 are supported.
david07 4:21 PM - 27 February, 2018
when opening sdj pro does not adjust the resolution of my screen to full hd

waiting to test it
Rebelguy 5:11 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
www.facebook.com

Not in this build.
Dj Nad 5:19 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
when opening sdj pro does not adjust the resolution of my screen to full hd

waiting to test it

go to settings and click it on
david07 5:54 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
<div><strong><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Citar:</font></font></strong>
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">
al abrir sdj pro no ajusta la resolución de mi pantalla a hd lleno </font></font>
esperando para probarlo</font></font>
ve a la configuración y haz clic en ella
</font></font>

it got bigger when you select "high resolution screen display"
WildcardX 5:57 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
www.facebook.com

Not in this build.

Quote:
Quote:

From previous comment from Michael R
Cnspeace 5:58 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I have the opposite experience. I was was a Beta user and that is one of the things I noticed fixed for me right off the bat. My waveforms are perfect.

That's crazy. I am a Windows user and I never had jumpy waveforms. Installed the new version and they are jumpy now. DJ 808

DJ Tecniq 7:54 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Debating on making the move some people said cpu usage is at 60% or more using audio ! Even on maxed out macs.
prob because they are on High Sierra cause they think it’s better. Imo it has very high cpu.
Riddim Dojo 9:30 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
prob because they are on High Sierra cause they think it’s better. Imo it has very high cpu.

I'm on Sierra and its the same high cpu too.
Smoke21 9:58 PM - 27 February, 2018
Hey guys, I have a 2012 MBP with 16gb of ram. Now that serato dj pro supports 64bit would i have to adjust anything on my MBP to get the full advantage of the software? Thanks
Smoke21 9:59 PM - 27 February, 2018
Also using Yosemite 10.10.5
realstacktrace 10:02 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Hey guys, I have a 2012 MBP with 16gb of ram. Now that serato dj pro supports 64bit would i have to adjust anything on my MBP to get the full advantage of the software? Thanks

Go to Settings --> Library + Display and check Hi-Res Screen Display to take advantage of the higher resolution (requires a restart of Serato)
realstacktrace 10:03 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's crazy. I am a Windows user and I never had jumpy waveforms. Installed the new version and they are jumpy now. DJ 808

I'm also seeing jumpy waveforms on Windows.
Dj Nad 10:09 PM - 27 February, 2018
I'm on the latest high sierra 10.13.3 on my new MacBook pro 2017 i7 16GB
all working like a charm even with high resolution,
(I have 2 MacBooks Pros by the way both working well) (early 2011 & newest late 2017)
CPU usage 10% with 2 tracks playing,
guys I suggest running a full scan in files (scan id3 tags) dono why but it always help, specially finding corrupted files & relocate lost once might help the software CPU usage,
Rane SL4,
realstacktrace 10:21 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:

The ability to save sample banks would be a huge improvement! I can't believe they still don't offer that.
realstacktrace 10:26 PM - 27 February, 2018
Why is there still no ability to nudge?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:29 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
www.facebook.com

That's definitely a mistake, they are not supported in 2.0.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:30 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:
Any info on when to select "high-res screen display"? I'm running 1920×1080, not sure if turning it on requires more cpu and then doesn't actually do anything on my monitor?

Yes, running in high res will use more CPU (more pixels to draw). Try it out, but if you're concerned about stability I'd recommend you turn it off (it's off by default). If your computer runs fine then definitely use it, it looks amazing!
realstacktrace 10:31 PM - 27 February, 2018
Why is Serato Video still 32-bit?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:37 PM - 27 February, 2018
Quote:

We did DJ Pro first, Video will be next :)
DJ Tecniq 2:42 AM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Serato Video will actually get an update or just 64 bit support. Maybe it will stop my videos freezing🤔
Qbaas 1:44 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Yes, running in high res will use more CPU (more pixels to draw). Try it out, but if you're concerned about stability I'd recommend you turn it off (it's off by default). If your computer runs fine then definitely use it, it looks amazing!

Thanks for the reply, did some testing and running on 1920x1080 and the fonts do look a tiny bit sharper but ill turn it off for more spare CPU on my laptop.

If i hook it up to my TV (UHD) the difference is huge, not only sharpness but mostly the scaling (on 1.9.10 the decks didn't expand all the way to side of screen leaving lots of dead space on outside of decks and a smaller waveform in between)
Smoke21 3:22 PM - 28 February, 2018
Will i be able to see a difference on resolution on a MBP 2012 non retina if i click on hi res box on serato dj pro?
Locksnapper 3:32 PM - 28 February, 2018
So is SDJ Pro and update of SDJ, or do I need to uninstall and reinstall SDJ Pro?
realstacktrace 3:34 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
So is SDJ Pro and update of SDJ, or do I need to uninstall and reinstall SDJ Pro?

You don't need to uninstall/reinstall.
realstacktrace 3:35 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Will i be able to see a difference on resolution on a MBP 2012 non retina if i click on hi res box on serato dj pro?

I haven't tested this but I'm nearly certain you would see a difference.
realstacktrace 3:35 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

What's the timeline?
Locksnapper 3:45 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

So is there an update link? I can only find full download which won’t install as I already have an previous version.
Comrade Tulayev 4:06 PM - 28 February, 2018
Just download it and run it
david07 4:28 PM - 28 February, 2018
effectively the waves sometimes gives jumps in windows 10, it's macos goes fine
JVL 4:46 PM - 28 February, 2018
I'm also seeing jumpy waveforms on Windows 10.
realstacktrace 4:53 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So is there an update link? I can only find full download which won’t install as I already have an previous version.

Is your full download giving you an error you can paste here?
Hanginon 5:13 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Is the Audio also still 32 bits? My Vestax Typhoon still works, which really pleasantly surprised me!
skampy 5:15 PM - 28 February, 2018
I also had an install error due to previous copy. I uninstalled the previous version, and then it proceeded without any issues (Win 10).
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:16 PM - 28 February, 2018
Testing on a Windows machine (2nd back up machine and not the beefiest config)

Instant double : there is a delay before the sound comes from opposite deck and the playing decks waveform stalls a for second.

Specs
Dell XPS 13 9360
i7-7500U @ 2.70ghz 2.90Ghz
8gb RAM
Windows 10 Home 1709

Music on a Seagate 4TB connected with a USB 3.0 to the thunderbolt 3 type C port
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:17 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:

Instant double : there is a delay before the sound comes from opposite deck and the playing decks waveform stalls for a second.

Specs
Dell XPS 13 9360
8gb RAM
Windows 10 Home 1709

Music on a Seagate 4TB connected with a USB 3.0 to the thunderbolt 3 type C port

No pitch and time
onthe1 7:02 PM - 28 February, 2018
Does anyone know of a more official place to post feedback on Serato DJ Pro?

Anyway, I'm getting an error where a currently playing track resets to its start point and keeps playing from there. It happened three times so far, once when I was looking through the options menu and another time when I was using the looper effect, and just now again when I was just switching from 4 decks to 2 decks view.

gear:
Xone:db2
Akai AFX
Windows 10 on a new (well equipped) laptop
popnwave 7:15 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:

Anyway, I'm getting an error where a currently playing track resets to its start point and keeps playing from there. It happened three times so far, once when I was looking through the options menu and another time when I was using the looper effect, and just now again when I was just switching from 4 decks to 2 decks view.

gear:
Akai AFX

Submit a ticket by clicking on the GREEN button to the right >>>>>>>>>>>>
onthe1 7:16 PM - 28 February, 2018
Also,

I am seeing slightly more jitter from the waveforms than in 1.9.10, and the beatgrids drift a bit over time, although overall so far the software has been more stable.

My set-up is pretty well optimized with WIFI and bluetooth off, power settings adjusted for performance, background apps disabled, etc., and I'm holding steady at about 20% CPU usage overall and about 40% usage on one of my 8 logical processors on a core i7-8550U.
onthe1 7:17 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

gear:
Akai AFX

Submit a ticket by clicking on the GREEN button to the right >>>>>>>>>>>>

Will do. Thanks.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:54 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:

No you won't, so no need to turn the option on.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:55 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's the timeline?

No timeline yet, but we're on it!
Smoke21 8:56 PM - 28 February, 2018
THANKS @Michael R
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:56 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Is the Audio also still 32 bits? My Vestax Typhoon still works, which really pleasantly surprised me!

All the audio decoders in the 64 bit version of DJ Pro and Lite are 64 bit.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:59 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:

Contact our Support Team, they'll work with you on this -> support.serato.com
DJ Tecniq 9:03 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Will the video freezing be fixed? There’s tons of users experiencing video freezing and our specs are top of the line. It baffles me that you still have a product for sale that is mediocre when it works. I already opened up a support ticket last year and nothing got resolved. And the video preview screens missing has been a bug since Scratchlive. Please fix this you’re ripping off customers that have paid for your product😬
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:45 PM - 28 February, 2018
Hi DJ Tecniq,

Can you please provide me your ticket number and I'll follow it up.
DJ Tecniq 10:55 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Hi DJ Tecniq,

Mixing Video has been a hit or miss for me it freezes and crashes esp when certain quartz Video fx are displayed. Last email was 10/26/17
support.serato.com
Cnspeace 11:51 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:

Instant double : there is a delay before the sound comes from opposite deck and the playing decks waveform stalls a for second.

Specs
Dell XPS 13 9360
8gb RAM
Windows 10 Home 1709

Music on a Seagate 4TB connected with a USB 3.0 to the thunderbolt 3 type C port[

My waves are jumpy too. Does it act the same with files played from your local drive opposed to the external? /quote]
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:58 PM - 28 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Hi DJ Tecniq,

Mixing Video has been a hit or miss for me it freezes and crashes esp when certain quartz Video fx are displayed. Last email was 10/26/17
support.serato.com

Thanks for the link. Looking at the ticket, Chez was waiting for you to send through some of the video files you were having a problem with. If you can do that he can continue to work with you.
DJ Tecniq 1:56 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi DJ Tecniq,

support.serato.com

Thanks for the link. Looking at the ticket, Chez was waiting for you to send through some of the video files you were having a problem with. If you can do that he can continue to work with you.
Appreciate it but what’s interesting is the visual clips are random. It’s not just one specific problem file. I believe i sent him the files already but he could not replicate a crash on his end.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:04 AM - 1 March, 2018
It appears from the ticket you were having two issues:

1. Freezing when playing video files
2. Crashing when playing quartz composer files

In that ticket it doesn't look like you provided the video files, so if you want to proceed I'd recommend you reply and we'll continue working on it with you :)
DJ Tecniq 3:15 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
It appears from the ticket you were having two issues:

1. Freezing when playing video files
2. Crashing when playing quartz composer files

In that ticket it doesn't look like you provided the video files, so if you want to proceed I'd recommend you reply and we'll continue working on it with you :)
Correction. Sometimes videos would crash the application too. Immediately when they are loaded it didn’t matter if it was videos or visuals. Completely random. I sent crash reports. Actually had a crash last weekend. I’d like to elaborate and confirm SDJ doesn’t crash but Serato Video application quits and i refresh the application to resume video playback. Will reply to the email thanks!
Marv Incredible 10:45 AM - 1 March, 2018
I've often thought it must really suck for support staff to spend time helping someone; looking into their issue, asking around the office, replicating set-ups, sending PMs etc, only to have the person bail out on you and leave you hanging.

And then still be complaining a year later about how you didn't do something when it turns out it's THEM who didn't see it through. smh

Not singling out Tecniq here, but his post reminded me of it. I see it happen all the time.
DJ Tecniq 11:43 AM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
I've often thought it must really suck for support staff to spend time helping someone; looking into their issue, asking around the office, replicating set-ups, sending PMs etc, only to have the person bail out on you and leave you hanging.

And then still be complaining a year later about how you didn't do something when it turns out it's THEM who didn't see it through. smh

Not singling out Tecniq here, but his post reminded me of it. I see it happen all the time.
Thanks genius but for the record there are numerous users with video freeze issues the same as I. Hell i just had Serato Video just crash while offline. I didn’t even have Serato Video open but it automatically attaches visuals to songs and I’m not even using it. It has been a flawed product since the beginning I’m not going to sugar coat it. Most times i have to restart my computer just so the preview screens appear. I am just speaking the truth. The product should of been long discounted esp that these bugs “still” exists.
John Calipari 1:25 PM - 1 March, 2018
Uh Oh, this thread has taken a turn . .
Christ beats I. 1:41 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:

Personally I would love to see a whole OS dedicated to Serato and mixing - but it ain't gonna happen.

I have been thinking about that for that for ages an OS as well as a dedicated laptop!
On the subject of SDJ I am thinking that maybe DJs just have too much music in their librarys these days. I hear of people with 1 and 2 TB of hard drives full an then start complaining when a 32bit program cannot handle the load. Is that surprising when 32bit can read only up to 4gb ram something the new 64bit program has now catered for due to its ability to read more than 4gb ram. But does a DJ really need to carry round 2TB of music? If you converted that to vinyl you would need a separate trailer to carry it! Is it going a bit mental? Just how many tunes do you need to spin in a 2 hour set? Anyway I do see an advantage as you can just download and forget but then that could be a huge spring clean one day that will take a lot of time. Maybe its just best to keep a concentrated set rather than a ton of unused dross on your hardrive for public performance's and so a 32 bit system will be fit for purpose. I noticed with the new Pro version of SDJ we have twice the draw on the CPU because obviously 64bit is 2 x 32 bit so we now have a CPU that is working twice as hard which in turn theoretically at least, will live half as long. I think thats the trade off here.

I am not entirely sure what the is the threshold is when it comes to size of library with 32bit and if anyone knows please let me know. I will hazard a guess and say that a 250 gb ssd would be about the right size and to be fair that is still a huge amount of music and keeping a performance structured laptop for gigs should not really need to exceed that IMO..but I could be wrong I suppose.
david07 3:04 PM - 1 March, 2018
In macos sierra, it also happens waveforms jumps, not so much, but it happens,
with an i7 6700hq and 16gb ram

Sorry my english
realstacktrace 4:08 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I have been thinking about that for that for ages an OS as well as a dedicated laptop!
On the subject of SDJ I am thinking that maybe DJs just have too much music in their librarys these days. I hear of people with 1 and 2 TB of hard drives full an then start complaining when a 32bit program cannot handle the load. Is that surprising when 32bit can read only up to 4gb ram something the new 64bit program has now catered for due to its ability to read more than 4gb ram. But does a DJ really need to carry round 2TB of music? If you converted that to vinyl you would need a separate trailer to carry it! Is it going a bit mental? Just how many tunes do you need to spin in a 2 hour set? Anyway I do see an advantage as you can just download and forget but then that could be a huge spring clean one day that will take a lot of time. Maybe its just best to keep a concentrated set rather than a ton of unused dross on your hardrive for public performance's and so a 32 bit system will be fit for purpose. I noticed with the new Pro version of SDJ we have twice the draw on the CPU because obviously 64bit is 2 x 32 bit so we now have a CPU that is working twice as hard which in turn theoretically at least, will live half as long. I think thats the trade off here.

I am not entirely sure what the is the threshold is when it comes to size of library with 32bit and if anyone knows please let me know. I will hazard a guess and say that a 250 gb ssd would be about the right size and to be fair that is still a huge amount of music and keeping a performance structured laptop for gigs should not really need to exceed that IMO..but I could be wrong I suppose.

You could tune any OS to be more performant in the audio/visual realm. Producers do this all the time. The performance tuning with an A/V slant turns it into a "dedicated OS." Keeping the machine off the internet also makes a big difference, as does creating known good images and booting from them when needed.
samsistema 4:06 PM - 3 March, 2018
Sound quality on some controllers has improved since 2.0
Wavespeech 5:49 PM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

From an I.T. Tech point of view pretty much all of that is wrong, none of that said is relevant to anything else said.

But I agree in some respect a huge collection of tunes doesnt need to be in Serato's library all of the time.
I treat my tunes stored on a server as my collection, I add and remove them from my crates as I take them to my Serato laptop.

But it is totally possible to use Serato to manage a massive library for those variety DJs.

Keeping a Serato laptop stripped down OS and use it for nothing else works best.

If it aint broke dont fix it, including updates, patches, software addons, drivers etc.
If they dong apply to your problem you dont need them.

SDJ runs brill on my £100 Win10 laptop, that said I don't use Serato Video.
Blank_Disk 10:44 PM - 3 March, 2018
The whole problem is we were all expecting an improvement with th ui and the actual poor crate system and we never got it, all that seems to of been done is the cue point design in the application has changed slightly, truth be known its identical to what it was before, no fix for the sampler(overcomplicated play deck), no fix for the poor library system(no auto update crates or pre set folders), also they could of improved the ui massively but that also took a back seat, as far as i can tell sdj pro is sdj 64 bit and that's the only difference, when you pick a cue point to scratch with it reacts exactly as it did with 32 bit support, when you mix tracks it seems no different, I'm not knocking what serato dj already did I'm just asking what they could of actually done, i mean they only allowed a select few to use the beta, they never asked the whole community what we wanted, other than the thread that's been on this forum forever "serato feature suggestions" it seems you don't read that part of the forum as the things we asked for forever would of been added, serato please pull your head out of your arsehole.
dj_soo 10:50 PM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
The whole problem is we were all expecting an improvement with th ui and the actual poor crate system and we never got it

who iss "we?"

I have no use of an auto-update crates or crates based on folders and haven't in years.

The problem is people so many people yelling the loudest seem to think that their needs are universally wanted by the user base and therefore the most important.

I'm sure those features would be useful for some, but there's a ton more thing I'd like to see in Serato before they add that and I would rather see Serato's resources dedicated to improvements that actually affect my workflow.

My most wanted thing was stability and 64-bit - which is a massive task - is taking strides to improve overall stability and performance and definitely something I've noticed since testing the beta so I'd say this update has been great.
popnwave 10:50 PM - 3 March, 2018
Attitude like that is akin to building 3 more floors on a house with a shitty foundation.

FFS the code base got a MAJORLY needed revamp, there is a ton of stuff they can now look at hammering out without an aging foundation to worry about.

But it's REALLY funny that OP is over on the Pioneer forums saying they need to make shit more like SDJ.
dj_soo 10:55 PM - 3 March, 2018
Yup - I don't think people who aren't experienced in tech or programing appreciate how massive a task it is to migrate from 32 bit to 64 bit. Likely that's what a massive chunk of Serato employees and resources have been dedicated to for the last few years. Now that it's finally done, they can likely start dedicating members of the team to making new features, refining existing features, and fixing issues.
Blank_Disk 11:02 PM - 3 March, 2018
does not matter how much of a task the switch was from 32 bit to 64 bit, they actually changed nothing but the look of the software, they have not added any extra feature or mode, they have just finally caught up with other providers that have been using 64 bit for years.
dj_soo 11:04 PM - 3 March, 2018
so what, you wanted to wait another year for them to implement these features you want just because you want something shiny in the software?

They added offline mode which is an extra feature and mode - so what you're saying isn't even remotely true. It's just not the extra feature or mode that *you* wanted them to add.
Blank_Disk 11:06 PM - 3 March, 2018
oh its very true, how long have people asked for a folder sync mode.
Blank_Disk 11:07 PM - 3 March, 2018
you gone very quiet all of a sudden hehehe
Blank_Disk 11:10 PM - 3 March, 2018
oh sooooooo you fell asleep ?
dj_soo 11:10 PM - 3 March, 2018
I think it's more like how many people are actually asking for it? Like I said, I don't need it and if they added it, I wouldn't use it and I would rather see them work on something else, but I'm not going to complain if they add that instead of something I would prefer as long as the software is overall moving in the right direction.

There's plenty of other software you can use if Serato isn't doing what you want, but I guarantee you'll run into the same issues with other companies.

Hell, in two years, the most traktor has done is add color codes for their tracks.
Blank_Disk 11:14 PM - 3 March, 2018
that's a load of crap there, traktor introduced stems among many other things, vdj added more controllers than you can shake a stick at, rekordbox lets you use more than one screen wit the ui, i think your a little behind the times.
Mr. Goodkat 11:14 PM - 3 March, 2018
people have asked for lots of things for a long time. folders sync has nothing to do with performance so get to the back of the line
Blank_Disk 11:16 PM - 3 March, 2018
the point is we have all asked for different things, some of them make sense some not so much, but folder sync is a must, traktor, rekordbox & vdj all do that
Blank_Disk 11:18 PM - 3 March, 2018
also mr gk i don't use a poxy laptop, I'm using a high end pc, these features should be available as is.
Blank_Disk 11:19 PM - 3 March, 2018
who in there right mind wants to delete the library they created and have to re-add the library, because if you don't you end up with multiple doubles of every track you have.
dj_soo 11:21 PM - 3 March, 2018
Traktor added stems 2 years ago. Since then, they have done jack shit with the program outside of maybe 2 or 3 maintenance releases.

Rekordbox is adding new features at a record pace I agree, but they are still quite a few problems with DVS and bugs that have yet to be addressed.

Serato has been adding controllers too so I don't really get your point there with VDJ.
Blank_Disk 11:21 PM - 3 March, 2018
ive one question though are you & soo together as you seem to be sticking up for her/him ?
Blank_Disk 11:22 PM - 3 March, 2018
my point is they are all adding features when sdj seems to not be adding anything.
Blank_Disk 11:23 PM - 3 March, 2018
and not over the past 2 years its over the past 10 years its not changed.
dj_soo 11:29 PM - 3 March, 2018
There's bitching and there's pointless bitching. Saying "they aren't doing anything" is stupid because it's obvious they are improving the product even if the features you want to see being added aren't added.

seriously? nothing in 10 years? Maybe you need to take a look at this program a little more closely if you think they've done nothing in 10 years.
dj_soo 11:30 PM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
who in there right mind wants to delete the library they created and have to re-add the library, because if you don't you end up with multiple doubles of every track you have.

this leads me to believe you don't actually understand how the software works.
Rebelguy 2:04 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:

The real question is why stick around if the program doesn't do what you want and you have names others that have? Go use Traktor, Rekordbox or VDJ and be happy.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:24 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

The real question is why stick around if the program doesn't do what you want and you have names others that have? Go use Traktor, Rekordbox or VDJ and be happy.

Eggzactly. Stop griping and go be happy
dj_soo 2:39 AM - 4 March, 2018
He's talking nonsense too - the program has added a ton of stuff over the years. I can't even go back to scratchlive anymore due to the features added in dj and there's a bunch I don't even use.
Ragman 6:33 AM - 4 March, 2018
@dj_soo you are basically arguing with someone who has no idea or insight about the complexities of coding. And there's nothing you can say to get him to understand, so I say just digress from this conversation.

The work that went into this release is really towards what we've all been wanting for a few years. A more stable environment running on a 64bit platform. The other features can come later, I'm patient. So I think they hit the mark with this one. I do agree however that maybe there should have been a public beta but I'm sure Serato has their reasons for that.
Dj Nad 6:35 AM - 4 March, 2018
Guys this forum is to help each others tweak issues for the benefit of the community & point at bugs that can help improve the SDJ & the team behind it is always listening, must thank them for the important improvement they’ve done before & the efforts to maintain it & the steady advance they are implementing slowly but surely,,
i’ve been making a living with SSL & SDJ for 10 the past years as a full time dj, so the must important thing is the ***STABILITY*** gadgets comes after, now let’s join efforts & focus on debugging, and last but not least who ever feel that this platform isn’t doing it for him well try other softwares & be happy ever after, we need positive team work here & not a negative ignorant,nagging attitude, let’s move forward & keep up the good work Serato Team 🙏
Ragman 6:37 AM - 4 March, 2018
^Co-sign..
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:54 AM - 4 March, 2018
Just curious as to why Serato DJ was not a 64bit program from the start i.e when it was launched in 2012.

Could they not have been forward thinking, future proof etc

In terms of feature request - I'm not sure what to expect any more. It used to be "if your request has enough votes then maybe" but now it's like Serato is the bar/pub DJ and we are the customers in the bar/club asking Serato to play our favourite tune.

Funny thing is Serato (the DJ) has a large sign that says "Requests Welcomed" and even a POS machine for you to swipe your card should you happen to like a big requested track that was played ...

I do hope they bring in night and day mode before summer season kicks off again.

2012 - 2018
Wavespeech 9:11 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Just curious as to why Serato DJ was not a 64bit program from the start i.e when it was launched in 2012.

My guess is, there was probably no need for it to be, there probably still isn't any need for it to be apart from the chip/OS manuafacturers all migrating to 64bit standard.

Most anyone thinks about 64bit is 'it supports more RAM' but it's not like we're loading multiple gigabytes of tunes into RAM anyway.

Like said previously it's built on a better foundation now. What benefits that give to the actual program I don't know.

If SDJ software is invisible between the controller and a quality audio output then it's done it's job.
Blank_Disk 10:33 AM - 4 March, 2018
i was just expecting more from serato, what's the point of having a requested features board on the forum if they are not going to take notice of what people have been asking for, and the complexities of coding don't befuddle me, i understand very well what can be accomplished, all its a matter of is when you click a crate it auto refreshes the content of the location its linked to, now that's really not complicated, even free software like mixxx does this very simple task.
mixgoonie 11:08 AM - 4 March, 2018
It is now very urgent to develop new features
david07 12:03 PM - 4 March, 2018
it has improved a lot in windows, what you have to fix the bouncing waveforms, it happens in win10 and in macos sierra, in terms of functions I use dvs I do not need anything else
Qbaas 1:35 PM - 4 March, 2018
My waveforms ar laggy aswell, audio seems fine but the waveform sometimes freezes for half a second and then jumps back to playposition. My CPU (according tot serato CPU meter) stays under 25%, and tracking is fine. W10, i5 (3470@3,2Ghz)
Chino 4:33 PM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:

My most wanted thing was stability and 64-bit - which is a massive task - is taking strides to improve overall stability and performance and definitely something I've noticed since testing the beta so I'd say this update has been great.

+1

Quote:
I do hope they bring in night and day mode before summer season kicks off again.

+1
Djkom 9:35 PM - 4 March, 2018
I don't get why people still asking for STABILITY since STABILITY (bug free) is THE thing we expect from any professional software !

People are confusing stability and performance.

Adding new features doesn't mean necessary stability drops, but this could introduce performance issues...

Some djs want better library management, others want day n night mode...but WE all agree WE all want a better User Experience (UX), don't we ? I can't see those 2 new features (and many others) affect the performance so the overall UX will be better !

Serato hasn't introduce lots of feature since 2 or 3 years, maybe they didn't want to spent more time on 32 bits architecture or because they put more effort on Serato Pyro and Serato Sample or simply they were sitting on the leader position and haven't have the need to improve SDJ...

Anyway, now they have no more excuses to put SDJ in another level because the competition gets harder with Rekordbox challenger (and maybe Traktor revival)
Let's wait and see...
Mr. Goodkat 4:18 AM - 5 March, 2018
I do wonder if its viable to access 3rd party vst/au effects.

Even if it was tied to ableton (since it has ableton link) and was used in mixtape, maybe it could use stock ableton effects(which are pretty great esp in new A10).

VDJ has had that option for 10+ yrs as far as i can research it. From what i understand(could be wrong) you can use VST instruments as well.
John Calipari 2:33 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:

I see the appeal, but have you seen how hard just a single reputable FX VST hits even the highest tier Intel i7's? I've seen some reverb VST's push a Quad Kaby i7 to over 50% CPU Burn while only being dropped on a single channel working with just a single 5 Second Loop.
realstacktrace 6:39 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

From an I.T. Tech point of view pretty much all of that is wrong, none of that said is relevant to anything else said.

But I agree in some respect a huge collection of tunes doesnt need to be in Serato's library all of the time.
I treat my tunes stored on a server as my collection, I add and remove them from my crates as I take them to my Serato laptop.

But it is totally possible to use Serato to manage a massive library for those variety DJs.

Keeping a Serato laptop stripped down OS and use it for nothing else works best.

If it aint broke dont fix it, including updates, patches, software addons, drivers etc.
If they dong apply to your problem you dont need them.

SDJ runs brill on my £100 Win10 laptop, that said I don't use Serato Video.

From a security point of view "if it ain't broke" does not apply. Assume "it's always broke" so the best approach is always leave your machine off the network but this is not practical in all cases. And then there's the time when the software vendor says "you need to be at rev. 123 to fix your issue" and rev 123 is predicated on patch 456 which is required by 789, etc. Now you're on the network installing these things, machine is immediately no longer pristine. At EOD it's all about what problems you're willing to deal with vs. the showstoppers.
realstacktrace 6:46 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
i was just expecting more from serato, what's the point of having a requested features board on the forum if they are not going to take notice of what people have been asking for, and the complexities of coding don't befuddle me, i understand very well what can be accomplished, all its a matter of is when you click a crate it auto refreshes the content of the location its linked to, now that's really not complicated, even free software like mixxx does this very simple task.

The requested features board serves two purposes: Serato gets feedback from end users, end users get warm and fuzzies thinking Serato will do something about their feedback other than simply take it under consideration. End users of this board should keep their expectations quite low.
realstacktrace 6:49 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:

Even if it was tied to ableton (since it has ableton link) and was used in mixtape, maybe it could use stock ableton effects(which are pretty great esp in new A10).

VDJ has had that option for 10+ yrs as far as i can research it. From what i understand(could be wrong) you can use VST instruments as well.

You can use FX VST's with Serato. I use them in REAPER, others I know of have used Ableton. The DAW and (in my case) the Pioneer DJM-S9 in/out routing utility provide the pathways.
popnwave 7:05 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:

The requested features board serves two purposes: Serato gets feedback from end users, end users get warm and fuzzies thinking Serato will do something about their feedback other than simply take it under consideration. End users of this board should keep their expectations quite low.

Serato needs to post a disclaimer on that board like Pioneer does on theirs, LOL:

forums.pioneerdj.com
Mr. Goodkat 7:08 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I see the appeal, but have you seen how hard just a single reputable FX VST hits even the highest tier Intel i7's? I've seen some reverb VST's push a Quad Kaby i7 to over 50% CPU Burn while only being dropped on a single channel working with just a single 5 Second Loop.

of course some efx would be too much, but they're are plenty now that are low cpu hits.

Plugins in the last 5 years have come along way
Mr. Goodkat 7:10 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

You can use FX VST's with Serato. I use them in REAPER, others I know of have used Ableton. The DAW and (in my case) the Pioneer DJM-S9 in/out routing utility provide the pathways.

can you give me a youtube ex

im not exactly sure what you mean
Marv Incredible 7:42 PM - 5 March, 2018
I think he means when you route an audio signal via your mixer's sends thru a DAW running a VST; treating your audio and sending it back to your mixer.

I wouldn't mind seeing an example in action either though.
John Calipari 8:29 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
Plugins in the last 5 years have come along way

It must be capable. Isn't Serato Sampler basically a Proprietary Wrapped VST?
Mr. Goodkat 8:40 PM - 5 March, 2018
Quote:
I think he means when you route an audio signal via your mixer's sends thru a DAW running a VST; treating your audio and sending it back to your mixer.

serato is such a closed system that i never believe it til i see it
Blank_Disk 10:49 AM - 6 March, 2018
funny thing is i never had any problems with stability, my pc runs anything i throw at it pretty damn well, from mixing tunes to 4k gaming & everything in between, i keep reading about the stability issues people have and can only come to 1 conclusion, they need to get better hardware.
samsistema 11:58 AM - 6 March, 2018
I have an MacBook Pro 13" early 2011 i5 2,3Ghz, 16GB Ram, 1TB HDD. My CPU stays below 25% all the time. I never had stability problems. strange. Kepp your laptop as clean as possible. all the time. Then You won't have problems.
Shoby 12:23 PM - 6 March, 2018
Hey Guys!

A lot has been said about Serato Dj Pro. The big question is how stable is it with the new Macbook (2016/2017) with the useless Touchbar.

Serato DJ had plenty of issues (hot plugging, sound distortions etc) - question is the performance better with Serato DJ Pro running an SL3 unit.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Cheers,
S
Dara Lee 12:28 PM - 6 March, 2018
Anyone know anything about ddj sb2? When changing decks after about half an hour. The audio stops playing, e.g when transitioning from deck 2 to 3. Anyone any help?
Cnspeace 1:01 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
Anyone know anything about ddj sb2? When changing decks after about half an hour. The audio stops playing, e.g when transitioning from deck 2 to 3. Anyone any help?

There is a new updated version of Pro added last night for the Sb series. 2.0.1...do you have that or the 2.0.0 version ?
Dara Lee 1:40 PM - 6 March, 2018
Probably just the 2.0 version, I’m still using the 14 day free trial as I only bought the software on Saturday but have been having these audio glitches with it since I’ve got it.
Cnspeace 1:47 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
Probably just the 2.0 version, I’m still using the 14 day free trial as I only bought the software on Saturday but have been having these audio glitches with it since I’ve got it.

I'd try the new one. It's officially listed now.

serato.com
Dara Lee 2:01 PM - 6 March, 2018
Thanks, however will this mean my trial will run out? And if so how much is it
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:38 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
Thanks, however will this mean my trial will run out? And if so how much is it

store.serato.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:41 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
Hey Guys!

A lot has been said about Serato Dj Pro. The big question is how stable is it with the new Macbook (2016/2017) with the useless Touchbar.

Serato DJ had plenty of issues (hot plugging, sound distortions etc) - question is the performance better with Serato DJ Pro running an SL3 unit.

Cheers,
S

Hot unplugging issues with the touchbar Macs is still on going especially with non class compliant USB devices.
realstacktrace 3:06 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

can you give me a youtube ex

im not exactly sure what you mean

Here’s an example of this: youtu.be
realstacktrace 3:07 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:

That's exactly correct, as shown here: youtu.be
realstacktrace 3:08 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
Hey Guys!

Cheers,
S

I would think the useless touchbar could become useful if you could somehow MIDI map it to FX.
realstacktrace 3:19 PM - 6 March, 2018
@Serato why on earth do you require a machine reboot to install 2.0.1? This seems ridiculous. Also, the installer is 300MB. Why aren't your installers incremental?
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:02 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
@Serato why on earth do you require a machine reboot to install 2.0.1? This seems ridiculous. Also, the installer is 300MB. Why aren't your installers incremental?

Must be that Jazzy Jeff's button SB3
Dara Lee 4:41 PM - 6 March, 2018
Tried downloading the 2.0.1 system update, yet it says this application requires 64-bit windows 7 or higher to run, but I have my windows up to date? What could the problem be thanks.
popnwave 5:34 PM - 6 March, 2018
Is your Windows 7 the 64bit or 32 bit one?
monkeyfunk 9:44 PM - 6 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Guys!

Cheers,
S

I would think the useless touchbar could become useful if you could somehow MIDI map it to FX.

Great idea - or scrubbing through tracks. Some uptake of it would be useful
Ragman 2:04 AM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:
Tried downloading the 2.0.1 system update, yet it says this application requires 64-bit windows 7 or higher to run, but I have my windows up to date? What could the problem be thanks.

You have a Windows 7 32bit OS. You're on an older architecture but it is still supported by Microsoft. So technically you're not outdated. Serato DJ Pro is a 64bit application so you need a 64bit OS to run it.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:09 AM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:

Try running the 32 bit version of Serato DJ Pro:

Windows -> serato.com
Mac -> serato.com
Ragman 2:13 AM - 7 March, 2018
Oh wow! I didn't realize there was a 32bit version Michael. Thanks for the assist.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:14 AM - 7 March, 2018
No worries :D
Dara Lee 9:24 AM - 7 March, 2018
Yeah Michael downloaded the 32 bit which I didn’t know there was, however it’s crashed two times since I’ve downloaded it? Any reasons to this?
david07 4:53 PM - 7 March, 2018
An update has come out and sdj pro continues with the same problem, the waveforms stop for a second and then return
popnwave 4:55 PM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:
An update has come out and sdj pro continues with the same problem, the waveforms stop for a second and then return

The update was to add support for a controller...
david07 5:01 PM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
<div><strong><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Citar:</font></font></strong>
Ha salido una actualización y sdj pro continúa con el mismo problema, las formas de onda se detienen por un segundo y luego vuelven</font></font>

La actualización fue para agregar soporte para un controlador ...
</font></font>

Only that¿?

I was excited that they were going to fix it😞
realstacktrace 5:26 PM - 7 March, 2018
I'm also still getting jumpy waveforms on 2.0.1. Thankfully it doesn't appear to be adversely affecting audio output, but it is irritating to look at especially if you're tracking it visually for cuts, mix ins/outs, etc.

Machine specs:
64-bit
Win10 Pro
2.6GHz i7-6500U
500GB SSD
12GB RAM
david07 8:35 PM - 7 March, 2018
My machine:
Win10/macos sierra
Two ssd (ssd sata-ssd m2)
I7 6700hq (intel hd 530)
NVidia GTX 950m 4gb
16 gb ram ddr3 1600mhz
Zmario 9:26 PM - 7 March, 2018
Problema Serato DJ Pro e Denon MCX8000
Nella Denon Mcx8000 il volume master graficamente rimane bloccato girando il comando della consolle.
Il Volume aumenta...... ma graficamente nel Video.... no.
Prego provvedere
Grazie
Ragman 2:52 AM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
Yeah Michael downloaded the 32 bit which I didn’t know there was, however it’s crashed two times since I’ve downloaded it? Any reasons to this?

Did you do an uninstall of all previous versions or the version you had installed?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:48 PM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:

If it's crashing I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support Team and they can assist you with this -> support.serato.com
david07 4:57 PM - 11 March, 2018
It needs to arrange several things in sdj pro with windows 10, the bar of the use of the cpu to the maximum without coming to red and it was not going down with one i7 6700hq 16gb ram

when a software in conditions for windows
david07 8:09 PM - 11 March, 2018
It seems as if sdj " pro outside for Mac, which problem exists in windows ¿?
John Calipari 12:38 PM - 12 March, 2018
Quote:
It seems as if sdj " pro outside for Mac, which problem exists in windows ¿?

Are you running a WIN10 partition on a Mac, or a Hackintosh?
david07 12:50 PM - 12 March, 2018
two ssd one for win10 and another for macos sierra on my laptop toshiba
John Calipari 3:02 PM - 12 March, 2018
Quote:
two ssd one for win10 and another for macos sierra on my laptop toshiba

Will SDJPro run on your Hackintosh Drive without issue? Just curious
mixgoonie 3:29 PM - 12 March, 2018
SDJ was running without issues on my both Hackingtosh, i haven't tested with SDJ Pro.
david07 9:25 PM - 12 March, 2018
works perfect sdj pro in my hackintosh with macos sierra and not so much in win10
my laptop carries 2 SSD one sata and another m2

the only small stops of waveforms

I discard the idea of ​​buying a macbook pro
Mr. Goodkat 11:15 PM - 12 March, 2018
Quote:
I discard the idea of ​​buying a macbook pro

'but i will use mac os'
Abraham.villa 5:15 AM - 13 March, 2018
I have two laptops and SDJ Pro is glitching out the tags of any song I add after the 5th of March. The cues for certain tracks also disappears when the song is reloaded to a deck. I've reached to support and they are looking into it. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue with Tags disappearing.
david07 6:43 AM - 13 March, 2018
Quote:

'pero usaré mac os'
</font></font>

the good thing that it has is the operating system
John Calipari 2:47 PM - 13 March, 2018
Quote:
the good thing that it has is the operating system

And because Apple is no longer updating Sierra, your sure to always have the latest version, which I think is 10.12.6 or so.

I've always heard that though macOS can be tricked into installing on a PC via faux-EFI Bootloader spoofs, receiving and installing macOS updates are hit & miss . . . mostly miss due to Apple always messing around with KEXT.
david07 2:52 PM - 13 March, 2018
I'm already in the latest version 10.12.6
HighTopFade 9:07 PM - 24 March, 2018
What is considered a large library size that would benefit from SDJ Pro 64 bit? Music, Video, and Karaoke can add up real fast.