Serato DJ General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 2.0

bboysupafly 2:51 AM - 20 September, 2017
How come no one is talking about the upcoming version of Serato DJ 2.0?

I wonder how significant the change will be, especially with the release of the Rane Seventy-Two in less than a couple of months. Will the release have a video showing it off using it in the mixer? I remember the time when Rane was the company that designed the first mixer with a built in sound card that supported Scratch Live. Will we ever see that partnership rise once more even though other companies have tried doing the same? I'm excited for the release of the Seventy-Two and what Serato will do. Its just having the patience, considering Rane had a set back with the InMusic merge, that will (hopefully) pay off. Maybe the set back was a time for them to incorporate other technology in which would benefit for having the best battle mixer in the market. I can't wait for the future of these 2 companies and the hard work they put their minds and time to. You have a fan here since day 1 and will continue to ride the Serato wave.

If anyone in the Serato HQ is reading this.............INNOVATE!
You guys are the best and will always be when you create new things for us DJ's.

Almost forgot, ETA on Serato 2.0?
DjSyndic8 3:24 AM - 20 September, 2017
Quote:

I wonder how significant the change will be, especially with the release of the Rane Seventy-Two in less than a couple of months. Will the release have a video showing it off using it in the mixer? I remember the time when Rane was the company that designed the first mixer with a built in sound card that supported Scratch Live. Will we ever see that partnership rise once more even though other companies have tried doing the same? I'm excited for the release of the Seventy-Two and what Serato will do. Its just having the patience, considering Rane had a set back with the InMusic merge, that will (hopefully) pay off. Maybe the set back was a time for them to incorporate other technology in which would benefit for having the best battle mixer in the market. I can't wait for the future of these 2 companies and the hard work they put their minds and time to. You have a fan here since day 1 and will continue to ride the Serato wave.

If anyone in the Serato HQ is reading this.............INNOVATE!
You guys are the best and will always be when you create new things for us DJ's.

Almost forgot, ETA on Serato 2.0?

serato dj 2.0 wont be released just yet..... version 1.99 will be released first
Wavespeech 7:15 AM - 20 September, 2017
And as seems to be a trend with other software, followed by 1.100.0....
popnwave 3:19 PM - 20 September, 2017
#facepalm
DJ Tecniq 9:21 PM - 20 September, 2017
Quote:
Compared to the last two releases of new hardware products and no bug fixes...we're not expecting much :(
Rebelguy 3:59 AM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:

Why do people keep saying this? Serato has never done this in the past and they will not do it in the future.
Djkom 12:13 PM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Why do people keep saying this? Serato has never done this in the past and they will not do it in the future.

Rectification: Serato hasn't done it for SSL but it's not like they have made so many different other software versions so we can have a clear idea of their version scheme....

Serato hasn't made two consecutive versions with no bug fix neither new features but they have just made it ...so ?

Anyway, it's just numbering and I don't give a f*** about this marketing aspect.

The interesting points are the future and the current state of the market:
- Serato has launched a new dedicated Sample app
- Serato will support Rane 12 and 72 in Q4
- Mixars has announced months ago new controllers Mixars Uno and Quattro...but still nothing
- Denon has announced (quickly) sc5000 and X1800 will be supported ... but still nothing
- Denon has (quickly) said there will be a performance mode in Engine software
- Pioneer has released a ground up new Rekordbox v5.0 with tons new features and improvements
- N.I has made new (major or interesting) Traktor release for YEARS !!!

I don't know for you guys, but for me I can't see anything good for SDJ future except new controller supports so more issues...I can't see any killer new feature that will left the competitors far behind ...

The future is more moving slowly the Mixing software into a all in one mixing-production software, Pioneer has clearly anticipated this point and Roland too but only with hardware feature ... N.I has left the DJ game or is preparing a pure break-thought DJ/producer software

Your thoughts guys ?
Rebelguy 5:02 PM - 21 September, 2017
Out of curiosity what killer features do you think Serato DJ needs?

I’m very curious as the percentage of DJs that even use all the current features that Serato DJ offers. It seems like there are a group of people that lobby for new features and then another group that complain that all the new features are making the software bloated. Heck there’s still a devoted group asking for SSL updates and that is a pretty basic software in this current state of DJing. I’ve heard rumors as to what is in the works and it will not excite the people clamoring for new features but it is a needed progression of the program.
Mr. Goodkat 5:45 PM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:

I’m very curious as the percentage of DJs that even use all the current features that Serato DJ offers. It seems like there are a group of people that lobby for new features and then another group that complain that all the new features are making the software bloated. Heck there’s still a devoted group asking for SSL updates and that is a pretty basic software in this current state of DJing. I’ve heard rumors as to what is in the works and it will not excite the people clamoring for new features but it is a needed progression of the program.

id say it just needs some of the features, autogain or jerky waveforms, comes to mind, to work a little better imo

im sure everyone has a couple things that could just work 20-40% better.

sdj is really stable for me though
Caley Martin 5:49 PM - 21 September, 2017
The only thing I care about is bringing back SSL style 33/45 rpm toggles on each deck, independent of the current SDJ "master" toggle in settings.

Have that in 1.9.9/2.0 and I am all set, hahaha.
Djkom 6:39 PM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:

I'm not the one who's asking constantly new features, there's plenty stuff to fix or improve the current SDJ version ... but when I see that Pioneer brings on the table in a quite short time-frame I'm wondering what Serato was doing during all these last years so I'm worried about what they can do in the future...
DJ Tecniq 6:49 PM - 21 September, 2017
They should just fix echo out and stop dicking around it's been broken for how many years now😳
John Calipari 8:02 PM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:
Serato has launched a new dedicated Sample app

I thought the new Sampler VST already started getting baked into 1.98
Despo 10:34 PM - 21 September, 2017
Quote:
They should just fix echo out and stop dicking around it's been broken for how many years now😳

this
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:22 AM - 29 September, 2017
Brace yourself for another update to support the Denon Prime

denondjforum.com
kvnkrz 1:32 AM - 29 September, 2017
Quote:
Brace yourself for another update to support the Denon Prime

denondjforum.com

YEEEASS.
porps 3:34 PM - 2 October, 2017
Hopefully Serato DJ 2.0 lets us save our smart crates with the rest of our library (on external drives for example), rather than just on the system drive.
I certainly hope they would finally add a day mode too, cant believe it still doesnt exist after so many requests.
skinnyguy 6:36 PM - 2 October, 2017
colored crates....please...
popnwave 8:12 PM - 2 October, 2017
Quote:

RACIST!

Good idea though..
Sixtroke 12:26 AM - 25 October, 2017
I'm REALLY itching for OST MIDI Mapping support... I'm not sure why they've been so slow with this.

The worst part is they won't give a reason as to why they haven't done it yet. So I'm holding on to hope that all OST's can be remapped within Serato.
Mike Czech 3:08 AM - 25 October, 2017
Well, it's been 285 days since the last public beta was released, and 244 days since the public release of that beta. It's likely been a year consumed by Sample for Serato's developers. I'm not holding much hope for a meaningful Serato DJ 2.0 release. Please prove me wrong guys...
Mr. Goodkat 5:23 PM - 25 October, 2017
2.0 will support a few new controllers and mixers. the end.
kvnkrz 5:48 PM - 25 October, 2017
Ya when that comes out.

But the last survey included questions like do you use Spotify etc etc .. might have an integration..? And maybe they'll listen to our requests..

NI got 50mil in investment traktor is up to something too
EAZYATM 2:47 AM - 26 October, 2017
Off-line player midi control I’m sooo tired of beating on my laptop keyboard numbers...
Joe Moore 3:30 AM - 26 October, 2017
I'm very excited to see what Serato comes up with in version 2.0.

The added pressure from Pioneer (Rekordbox 5) and Denon (Prime Engine) might push Serato to really knock this one out of the park.

Just a few things I'd be happy to see...

- Advanced library management (tags for mood, style, set times, ratings, etc. similar to Rekordbox and Beatport Pro)

- Expanded MIDI mapping capability (match cue point color to output lighting, set knobs to increase/decrease buttons, etc. so I can map a DDJ-XP1)

- Improved input/output routing in Setup (I didn't hate the channel dropdown in SSL)

- Improved quality of echo out effect (been waiting patiently for this one for a long time)

- Fix INT slider when instant doubling a track (sometimes the slider's position doesn't match the pitch adjustment after instant doubling)

- Merge history sessions to one database (it'd be nice to just move all history session files to the History Sessions folder and get them all back in the History panel)

- Fix the Wi-Fi toggle audio dropout bug (I'm terrified to turn on/off Wi-Fi while Serato is running, would love to be able to leave it on and not worry about audio dropouts / mega latency)

- Improved performance / memory optimization (I'm using a 2016 MBP with 16 GB of RAM and superfast flash storage, there's no reason for audio dropout warnings or display jitters while scrolling on a machine like this)

- Optimized GUI for high-resolution displays (my laptop has a 2880x1800 resolution display and there is a lot of empty space in the GUI, there must be a more efficient way of displaying everything with that much screen real estate)

- Day mode (I don't need it, I just know there are a lot of people who miss it from ITCH)

Looking forward to seeing what Serato has in store for us in 2.0!
mixgoonie 6:07 AM - 26 October, 2017
If there is no beta, it means that they won't be new features....
DjSyndic8 6:09 AM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:
If there is no beta, it means that they won't be new features....

save yourself the stress this is all hear say and speculations who knows what 2.0 will bring let it be a Christmas surprise
dj zaza 7:48 AM - 26 October, 2017
I finally purchased the Dvd license on Rekordbox, not because my Surface Laptop is not good, but just because pioneer is pulling out great news with RB software and stable UI perfectly adapted to high resolution screens, Form d If you scroll in the library the UI does not lag, weigh that with the same settings on both programs, the same latency 4ms, with RB never turned on the fans, with Serato running at a minimum, I think this It's much to do with UI graphics. I am Serato user since SL1, I have tried other software, but in the end I find myself getting better with Serato, so I hope the development staff is a little more pliable to satisfy the demands.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 10:59 PM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:

It doesn't matter what do or don't add. There will be people whining on both sides about they did or didn't get.
dj zaza 4:06 AM - 27 October, 2017
I do not care much about how many functions or controllers they can add, I'm a mixing dj, no scretch, I do not care about pitch time or sampler, only stability matters to me. I want to have an evening without worrying that something goes wrong.
John Calipari 3:16 PM - 27 October, 2017
Quote:
I'm very excited to see what Serato comes up with in version 2.0.

The added pressure from Pioneer (Rekordbox 5) and Denon (Prime Engine) might push Serato to really knock this one out of the park.

Just a few things I'd be happy to see...

- Improved performance / memory optimization

- Optimized GUI for high-resolution displays!

The Elephant missing from your room is migrating to a native 64-Bit Application which would assist in at least 2 of your wants, and likely a few of the rest.
Andrei Matei 9:52 PM - 30 October, 2017
Yeah, SDJ doesn't need any new features. It needs:

- SQ that matches or exceeds SSL
- Fixes for distortion on echoes and other effects (no, its not a "Tape Delay", its distorted)
- Fixes for stuttering waveforms in post-1.7.8 versions
- Fixes for erratic auto-gain
- Re-work auto-gain / master gain to match SSL, to not have us re-set 1000s of files we've "locked" manually
- Option to decouple beat grid from BPM similar to SSL & Bridge

Really, if they just do the first three, I'll finally switch.
EAZYATM 7:23 PM - 31 October, 2017
I'm sorry to bus you guys bubble but 2.o is not coming until early December or maybe even early January they have to kinda wait for race it all makes sense because the 72 is full of new innovative features with in the screen display on the mixer it self...

P.S. To Serato (Please add off line player midi control please please PLEASE)
I'm tired of beating up my number on my keypad!!
Dj cuervo 7:25 PM - 31 October, 2017
Winter NAMM !!!!!!
Joe Moore 12:41 AM - 2 November, 2017
NAMM 2018 (January 25-28) would seem like a likely opportunity to see SDJ 2.0 in action. Personally I'm hoping for an announcement or press release before NAMM, it would be a nice Christmas present.

Another feature I'd appreciate seeing in SDJ 2.0 is the installation of all hardware drivers when installing SDJ. This would remove the need to install drivers when plugging in an audio interface for the first time, which often happens to DJs at a club.

FYI I'm well aware of the ability to install drivers beforehand via 'Show Package Contents' and going to Contents > Resources > Packages, but many other DJs are not.

The last thing DJs want to have to do when setting up in a club is having to install drivers.

Maybe even a screen in Serato DJ's Setup window for seeing the status of drivers, and having the option to install or update drivers there, before going to a gig.
John Calipari 3:54 PM - 2 November, 2017
Quote:
Another feature I'd appreciate seeing in SDJ 2.0 is the installation of all hardware drivers..

Do you mean installing drivers for every SDJ compatible hardware available . . every-time on boot-up?
popnwave 3:57 PM - 2 November, 2017
No, I think pre loading is the idea.
Joe Moore 4:03 PM - 2 November, 2017
Correct popnwave, driver installation would occur just during the initial installation of Serato DJ (drivers only need to be installed once).

Something like this could work too, if installing every driver is not practical for some reason -

1. Install Serato DJ
2. Launch Serato DJ for the first time (hardware doesn't need to be connected)
3. A window opens that asks what hardware you intend to use for DJing
4. You select which hardware you want to install drivers for (either one or multiple devices)
5. SDJ installs the drivers

Now when you go to a club and plug in an audio interface you haven't used before, the driver for it is already installed and you can just start DJing. No more panel on the right side of SDJ that says you need to install a driver.

I still think it would be convenient to have a section in Setup for installing or checking the status of installed drivers, better than diving through the application's package contents.
John Calipari 4:29 PM - 2 November, 2017
Quote:
1. Install Serato DJ
4. You select which hardware you want to install drivers for (either one or multiple devices)

Agreed, this sounds like a great idea.
Despo 3:03 AM - 3 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
1. Install Serato DJ

Agreed, this sounds like a great idea.

Traktor does it this way
DJ Emir 3:32 AM - 3 November, 2017
Version 2.0... and version 1.99999999999999 :) Ha....

I have a Kung fu movie called Death of White lotus also known as fist of the white lotus in the movie Pai Mai (same guy as kill bill which by the way is played by the main character in this movie Gordon liu who in this movie ironically kills pai mei LOL) anyway...

In the movie Pai mai says "I'm tired of playing with you but I don't want you to kill you here and ruin my temple in my home, I'll give you my Hundred Step Death so you can go die somewhere else", then he hits him and says "now go die somewhere else" LOL

Gordon Liu gets picked up by a friend and taken to an accupuncturist that saves his life and teaches him pressure points. He comes back and Pai Mai is surprised to see him alive, he says "No one has yet survived my Hundred step death technique" to which Gordon Liu replies

"Oh so you admit my Kung Fu is Good, That's because out of a Hundred steps... I only walked... Ninety... NINE!!!!" LOL that's what I thought of when he said version 1.999...... LOL
DJ Emir 3:36 AM - 3 November, 2017
PS: Better sound quality and stability should be first and foremost. I noticed a huge decline in sound quality after serato scratch live version 1.81 or something like that a while back. It used to bug the shit out of me. I think they eventually improved it a bit, but that made me question SL at the time.
DJ Nick Scott 5:07 PM - 3 November, 2017
I hope 2.0 has High Sierra support for us Mac users.
Stu J 7:11 AM - 4 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

id say it just needs some of the features, autogain or jerky waveforms, comes to mind, to work a little better imo

im sure everyone has a couple things that could just work 20-40% better.

sdj is really stable for me though

Good posts. I'm certainly not after any killer new features, just some improvements on things like autogain as has been said.

The biggest issues IMO are the controllers, I still use a Vestax VCI-400 and that's still better thought out and half the size (and price) for almost all the same functions as some of the massive more recent Pioneer controllers. In general I find the huge size of many controllers very disappointing.

I'd love to see significant development of the companion app so I could A: update the software on my iPad mini and still use it and B: be able to customise the layouts to my own preferences. It would be great to have some x-y pad effect options on the app too so I can do some things in the style I can using DJay.
Blank_Disk 12:06 PM - 4 November, 2017
hope we got the option of push loop to sampler from the sampler button & some serious file management improvements, few other views would be nice, but overall the software works well other than a few things that don't work the way they should.
The idea of using a dj controller is to eliminate the mouse, so the more controls the controller actually has the better.
dj_soo 12:03 AM - 5 November, 2017
I'd like to see some better midi mapping. Would really like a way to map beat jump cycling exactly the same way that it works on official controllers.
Djkom 9:51 PM - 5 November, 2017
Quote:
I'd like to see some better midi mapping. Would really like a way to map beat jump cycling exactly the same way that it works on official controllers.

BTW, does someone know how to midi map a touch strip control ? I've bought the ddj xp1 but I don't know how to midi map the touch strips to either the needle drop control or a fx control
Andrei Matei 7:59 PM - 6 November, 2017
Well, they are doing it to us! 1.9.10 was just released. Ha. The agony! Plenty more releases they can fit in with this new numbering scheme before 2.0 drops.
John Calipari 8:23 PM - 6 November, 2017
Quote:
Plenty more releases they can fit in with this new numbering scheme before 2.0 drops.

Yes, but at least macOS High Sierra is acknowledged as compatible.
Caley Martin 8:24 PM - 6 November, 2017
I cringed when that 1.9.10 email came through... I thought someone over at DJWorx "unofficially" assuaged our fears that Serato said they'd never follow suit in that silly versioning format...
kjterry33 8:28 PM - 6 November, 2017
Quote:

I would love to be able to customize SDJ. Maybe Lighten the background or having the actual label of the track on the onscreen platters or maybe i dont want the waveforms onscreen.....just make it the dj's choice how his screen looks.
Wavespeech 8:31 PM - 6 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

They'll do 1.9.10 instead.
Wavespeech 8:32 PM - 6 November, 2017
#facepalm
popnwave 10:58 PM - 6 November, 2017
I don't think this is a long term thing. I think the Denon stuff had been in the pipeline long enough that they HAD to get this one out.

Be happy! Had 2.0 come out with just this, you guys would be crying about that it was 64bit with buttery smooth waveforms!
djcrap 12:39 AM - 7 November, 2017
9 more releases to go before 2.0

😂😂😂😂😂🎶🎶🎶😎
dj zaza 6:08 AM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
9 more releases to go before 2.0

😂😂😂😂😂🎶🎶🎶😎

but now we have to resign, when Apple will no longer support 32-bit software, they will do as with Remote Serato, will bring the 64-bit software, and leave everything as it is, a low-resolution interface, echo out with distortion, they have developed new unnecessary software such as sound switches, and samplers, instead of focusing on the main software. By now, Serato thinks only to add controllers and put videos on You tube, only to show that still many DJs use their software.
SJ2KGRAFX 3:08 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
Yeah, SDJ doesn't need any new features. It needs:

- SQ that matches or exceeds SSL
- Fixes for distortion on echoes and other effects (no, its not a "Tape Delay", its distorted)
- Fixes for stuttering waveforms in post-1.7.8 versions
- Fixes for erratic auto-gain
- Re-work auto-gain / master gain to match SSL, to not have us re-set 1000s of files we've "locked" manually
- Option to decouple beat grid from BPM similar to SSL & Bridge

Really, if they just do the first three, I'll finally switch.
popnwave 3:45 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:

but now we have to resign, when Apple will no longer support 32-bit software, they will do as with Remote Serato, will bring the 64-bit software, and leave everything as it is, a low-resolution interface, echo out with distortion, they have developed new unnecessary software such as sound switches, and samplers, instead of focusing on the main software. By now, Serato thinks only to add controllers and put videos on You tube, only to show that still many DJs use their software.

And then we have folks posting disinformation like this. You have no understanding as to how standalone apps (NOT IN THE APP STORE) are able to work in High Sierra considering 1.9.10 functions quite well still as 32bit.

I swear DJs are full of opinions with little knowledge when it comes to development.
dj zaza 5:14 PM - 7 November, 2017
Hey popnwave, look, I'm not as disinformed as you say, I know Serato still works 32-bit well, in fact my speech was that when Apple stopped using the 32bit programs, it would make a software conversion as it did with Remote Sersto without optimizing high resolution software and add the thousands of requests from us djs. So do not tell me I'm disinformed, sometimes it seems you know more and more defile others.
popnwave 5:53 PM - 7 November, 2017
Constructive criticism is an awesome tool, complaining about hypothetical situations down the road is silly.

You are complaining about their other dev projects, just stop already. If you don't like the direction they are going in just sell your stuff and switch over to NI.
dj zaza 6:32 PM - 7 November, 2017
I did not say I do not like the dictation they are taking, I will never go to a tractor, and I accept criticism, but I do not think I'm the only one to think so, but they have to wake up and listen to the djs they use software.
John Calipari 6:43 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
complaining about hypothetical situations down the road is silly.

Part of what ZAZA is saying is not hypothetical, but I have faith that Serato has already been preparing and will be fully ready when the 64-bit time comes. It would be a foolish short-sighted software company that would not.
popnwave 7:02 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:

Part of what ZAZA is saying is not hypothetical, but I have faith that Serato has already been preparing and will be fully ready when the 64-bit time comes. It would be a foolish short-sighted software company that would not.

That's a given, I was talking about this:

Quote:
they have developed new unnecessary software such as sound switches, and samplers, instead of focusing on the main software.

And then this:

Quote:
I did not say I do not like the dictation they are taking

People are all over the place. This thread has gotten so far into the weeds it's time to stop tracking anyway. Unchecked complaints, folks talking in circles. Some issues probably due to language barriers, but whatever it takes the enjoyment out of things when threads are mostly just bitching.
John Calipari 7:21 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
This thread has gotten so far into the weeds

Yeah, agreed. SDJ Updates & Revisions are the most polarizing topic on the Serato Board. Always has been since the SL & ITCH days..
Andrei Matei 8:24 PM - 7 November, 2017
Conversations amongst people sometimes do that. :)

I personally believe in positivity and helping others whenever possible here - that's the point of the forums! But, I find myself doing more bitching than I'd like to ever since the initial SDJ release. I notice the same with others because there ARE real issues, that affect a LOT of people, and Serato isn't giving us acknowledgement of these issues or a roadmap of what they are planning. Roadmaps can be guidance, they don't have to be the gospel. Even an acknowledgement of the top 5 or 10 things they are focused on in the next couple quarters (leaving out NDA-related items of course) would be helpful to know...so we know if we are being heard or not and can make future decisions about our gear purchases.

I work in Product Management and I routinely have roadmap review sessions with customers and give guidance (often high-level and thematic) on what is to come over the next 6 months.

I think the problem is the Serato DJ project has taken a step backwards every time it takes two steps forward.

- SSL to SDJ introduction, sound quality went down, autogain problems went up, etc.
- SSL effects like echo out weren't in SDJ initially. When added, they were distorted and worse
- SDJ 1.7.8 -> 1.8 DJM-S9 support added, UI responsiveness / waveforms went to shit with no explanation

Just some of many examples. I know everyone is tired of hearing them. I am too.

So, to stay on topic, for SDJ 2.0, I want it to be the killer release that solves most of the worries everyone has. I want it to be a release that makes people who've been contemplating a move to Rekordbox DJ stop doing so.

Finally, with every bit of bitching we do, there should be an equal offer to help. So mine is this: Serato Team: I've worked in tech/software environments for over a decade. I've done QA/QE. I'm incredibly detail-oriented (read: anal-retentive). If there is anything I can do to help you guys, you can count on me to test every single combination of everything possible. Lean on me. I love Serato, I love the ecosystem, I love the community, and I love the workflow. I just am tired of feeling like the software we've had for the last 4 years still seems like a beta.
dj zaza 8:47 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
<font><font lang="it"> Conversazioni tra le persone a volte farlo. </font><font>:)</font></font>[b]
[b]<font><font lang="it"> Io personalmente credo nella positività e aiutare gli altri, quando possibile, qui-questo è il punto del forum! </font><font lang="it">Ma, mi trovo a fare più bitching di quanto mi piacerebbe fin dalla prima release SDJ. </font><font lang="it">Ho notato lo stesso con gli altri, perché ci sono problemi reali, che riguardano un sacco di gente, e Serato non ci sta dando il riconoscimento di questi problemi o una tabella di marcia di ciò che stanno progettando. </font><font lang="it">Le roadmap possono essere guida, non devono essere il Vangelo. </font><font lang="it">Anche un riconoscimento della Top 5 o 10 cose che sono concentrati su nei prossimi due trimestri (lasciando fuori NDA articoli correlati, naturalmente) sarebbe utile per know...so sappiamo se siamo stati ascoltati o meno e può prendere decisioni future sui nostri acquisti marcia.</font></font>[b]
[b]<font lang="it"> Io lavoro nella gestione del prodotto e ho regolarmente sessioni di revisione tabella di marcia con i clienti e dare indicazioni (spesso ad alto livello e tematiche) su ciò che è a venire nel corso dei prossimi 6 mesi.</font>[b]
[b]<font lang="it"> Penso che il problema è il Serato DJ progetto ha fatto un passo indietro ogni volta che ci vogliono due passi in avanti.</font>[b]
[b]<font lang="it"> -SSL per SDJ introduzione, la qualità del suono è andato giù, problemi di autoguadagno è andato in su, ecc</font>[b]<font><font lang="it"> -Gli effetti SSL come Echo out non erano in SDJ inizialmente. </font><font lang="it">Una volta aggiunto, sono stati distorti e peggio</font></font>[b]<font lang="it"> -SDJ 1.7.8-> 1,8 DJM-S9 supporto aggiunto, la reattività dell'interfaccia utente/forme d'onda è andato a merda senza alcuna spiegazione</font>[b]
[b]<font><font lang="it"> Solo alcuni di molti esempi. </font><font lang="it">So che tutti sono stanchi di sentirli. </font><font lang="it">Lo sono anch ' io.</font></font>[b]
[b]<font><font lang="it"> Quindi, per rimanere sul tema, per SDJ 2,0, voglio che sia il rilascio killer che risolve la maggior parte delle preoccupazioni tutti hanno. </font><font lang="it">Voglio che sia un comunicato che rende le persone che sono state contemplando una mossa di rekordbox DJ smettere di farlo.</font></font>[b]
[b]<font><font lang="it"> Infine, con ogni po' di bitching che facciamo, ci dovrebbe essere una pari offerta per aiutare. </font><font lang="it">Quindi il mio è questo: Serato team: ho lavorato in ambienti tech/software per oltre un decennio. </font><font lang="it">Ho fatto QA/QE. </font><font lang="it">Sono incredibilmente particolare-oriented (leggi: anale-ritentiva). </font><font lang="it">Se c'è qualcosa che posso fare per aiutare voi ragazzi, si può contare su di me per testare ogni singola combinazione di tutto il possibile. </font><font lang="it">Appoggiati a me. </font><font lang="it">Amo Serato, amo l'ecosistema, amo la Comunità, e mi piace il flusso di lavoro. </font><font lang="it">Ho appena sono stanco di sentirsi come il software che abbiamo avuto per gli ultimi 4 anni sembra ancora come una beta. </font></font>

Perfect, that was what I meant, solve problems and listen, I do not know here on this forum to complain, I do not need Serato sound switch, Serato Sampler, I'm the classic dj mix, little scratch, and I want concentration maximum on what is the leading software for djs. If we use digital for our evenings we must be sure everything works.
v@l 1:28 PM - 8 November, 2017
I Hope they can make the delay post button like the echo, delay sounds much better & its post fader like the echo effect its just missing the ability to keep effecting the last phrase once switched off like the echo effect..
DJ Yaitanis 12:17 PM - 13 November, 2017
I would like to chime in here. First, give the guys and girls in New Zeland a break they have had a lot thrown at them. And many thanks for the support of High Sierra (almost).

I am a bit disappointed that the recent release 1.9.1 with Support for The Denon Prime Series did not have one key feature - the ability to qwerty search from the SC5000 decks everything else is perfect!
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:31 PM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:
I would like to chime in here. First, give the guys and girls in New Zeland a break they have had a lot thrown at them. And many thanks for the support of High Sierra (almost).

I am a bit disappointed that the recent release 1.9.1 with Support for The Denon Prime Series did not have one key feature - the ability to qwerty search from the SC5000 decks everything else is perfect!

I thought they implemented the SC5000 with the least amount of features.

It basically dumb down the SC5000.

All that screen, no scrolling waveform, no qwerty search.
DJ Yaitanis 12:36 PM - 14 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Yes you are correct, Very Disappointed with what they did with Serato DJ.

DJ Yaitanis 12:46 PM - 14 November, 2017
Yes basically a dumbed downed screen completely bypassing the power of the MultiCore backbone engine of the SC5000.

I don't really know what the big deal is with giving us qwerty library search? This is a must for every Mobile DJ and I would venture to say 90% of Serato DJ's User base.

Im back to SSD USB and an Un-Analysed database...
MADLOGIC the Selectah 1:53 AM - 16 November, 2017
I’m hoping for something new.
DJ Yaitanis 4:38 AM - 16 November, 2017
Me too
Blank_Disk 10:17 AM - 16 November, 2017
pointless asking for features they just don't seem to be interested, well the lack of feedback from serato speaks volumes, I have seen posts on here for over 4 years asking for the same features and they still not materialised so I would suggest don't hold your breath.
DJ Yaitanis 12:20 PM - 16 November, 2017
Push to try to get into the 2.0 Beta When it becomes available
Deejay-Basics.de 12:53 PM - 16 November, 2017
A private beta is out to a selected group of DJs for version 2. Beside a big and interesting change log there will also be a small change in the product name. Don't know the release date or if a public beta will follow.

So this will only let you know, it's coming and the Serato team is working.
mixgoonie 1:07 PM - 16 November, 2017
Can we participate to the private Beta ? and if yes how ?

If not, i will wait for the public Beta
spike12 4:59 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
A private beta is out to a selected group of DJs for version 2. Beside a big and interesting change log there will also be a small change in the product name. Don't know the release date or if a public beta will follow.

My guess is they're gonna change the name back to ScratchLive to keep people from bitching.
Joe Moore 5:17 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

My guess is they're gonna change the name back to ScratchLive to keep people from bitching.

That would be funny.

I will happily wait for either an invite to the closed beta or an announcement of the public beta. Either way, I'm very excited to see what Serato has been working on for 2.0.

Quote:
pointless asking for features they just don't seem to be interested, well the lack of feedback from serato speaks volumes, I have seen posts on here for over 4 years asking for the same features and they still not materialised so I would suggest don't hold your breath.

I wouldn't take Serato's silence on some feature suggestions as non-interest. They're very active on the forums, they're well aware of what their users are asking for. Just wait a little longer for the SDJ 2.0 announcement and we'll see what they've got in store for us.
R-A-C 7:11 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
I wouldn't take Serato's silence on some feature suggestions as non-interest. They're very active on the forums, they're well aware of what their users are asking for.

yes but nothing happens. some stuff has been requested for years (literally) and ... nothing.
Rebelguy 7:34 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't take Serato's silence on some feature suggestions as non-interest. They're very active on the forums, they're well aware of what their users are asking for.

yes but nothing happens. some stuff has been requested for years (literally) and ... nothing.

Maybe they aren’t getting a lot of requests for these features...just the same people requesting them.
R-A-C 7:46 PM - 16 November, 2017
no, there was a bunch of stuff that had a lot of votes from different people. especially after several years.
Logisticalstyles 8:30 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:
there will also be a small change in the product name

Serato DJ Pro?

I think I saw someone post a screenshot of the Beta invitation on Facebook. I saw Serato DJ Pro and thought that was different. I've also noticed it with the Akai AMX. I've been seeing it lately described as the Akai AMX Pro when it used to be the Akai Pro AMX.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 8:36 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:

I guess it's not private anymore huh?
m3lodq 8:46 PM - 16 November, 2017
Also very interested in what Serato comes up with for version 2. Hope there will be a public beta soon.
Jmoney$ 9:19 PM - 16 November, 2017
Quote:

Quote:

It really depends on what features Denon lets them use /build into the development kit.

Denon is the other side of the equation
Mr. Goodkat 9:55 PM - 16 November, 2017
ppl that have been on the board for 10 yrs should be able to participate in the beta ;)
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:44 PM - 16 November, 2017
i think a lot of people are going to be disappointed
R-A-C 10:46 PM - 16 November, 2017
in the closed beta or the new version?
DJ Tecniq 12:30 AM - 17 November, 2017
So far I’ve seen a crossfader for the offline player...oops i spilled the beans😮
djkavika 12:53 AM - 17 November, 2017
I want to see a real smart crate like VDJ that uses play count, have a top 1000 song crate.
Also stuff that similar bpm. Everytime I change a crate I have to scroll to find a similar BPM range.
DaltonSR20 1:49 AM - 17 November, 2017
yeah so far looks like a "Practice Mode" where you have a access to 2 internal decks with an on-screen crossfader and video plugin capable.
DaltonSR20 1:52 AM - 17 November, 2017
.....and the logo now changing from black/white to blue/white
Andrei Matei 4:07 AM - 17 November, 2017
For those of you in the beta, just remember to not discuss it out in the open, or you might get your access revoked in the future. A lot has already been discussed here that probably shouldn’t have been already. Just watching out for you guys...I’m not trying to play police cop or anything.

I’m in the beta. I will *only* say this...some cool new stuff is being added for sure. Unfortunately, much of the stuff that I’ve complained about for a really long time on the forums here hasn’t been addressed. It’s def. evolutionary rather than revolutionary for now.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 4:55 AM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
For those of you in the beta, just remember to not discuss it out in the open, or you might get your access revoked in the future. A lot has already been discussed here that probably shouldn’t have been already. Just watching out for you guys...I’m not trying to play police cop or anything.

This^^^
DeeJay Fingers 5:03 AM - 17 November, 2017
#1 Rule in fight club
R-A-C 6:30 AM - 17 November, 2017
the only thing i'm interested in is the sound quality. any word of changes in that regard?
Andrei Matei 6:44 AM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
the only thing i'm interested in is the sound quality. any word of changes in that regard?

We asked a question on that and while they are super responsive, we didn’t get a conclusive answer. I’ll have to test soon and let you know. I’d feel comfy responding to that since it’s not a feature. :)
R-A-C 7:23 AM - 17 November, 2017
thanks! looking forward to that :-)
djCanta 12:16 PM - 17 November, 2017
I was reading a discussion about a beta version of SDJ2 of SDJ Pro and now it's gone (at the Facebook group : Serato DJ Specialists.

What's new in this beta? Anyone can tell us?
Joe Moore 12:22 PM - 17 November, 2017
Wait for the public beta or a press release from Serato.
Private betas are private for a reason.
mixgoonie 12:53 PM - 17 November, 2017
Glad at least there is a beta...
Johnny H 1:35 PM - 17 November, 2017
Over the past few years I have stuck with serato but have never been happy with the sound quality, though can not complain about the reliability.

Lets hope version 2 can really address the below standard sound quality from serato :-)
DJ Tecniq 1:42 PM - 17 November, 2017
We’re all going in time out for talking about it. No invite for public beta...meh🤷🏼‍♂️ Not missing out on much.
J.J. 7:34 AM - 18 November, 2017
64-bit and high DPI support is huge in my opinion.

www.whois.com
dj zaza 8:01 AM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
<font lang="it"> Stiamo andando tutti in tempo per parlarne. </font><font lang="it">Nessun invito per la beta pubblica... meh🤷🏼 ♂ ️ non perdere molto. </font>

At the moment it is better not to test the public scare too unstable and use too many resources to wait for official relaunch.
R-A-C 12:13 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
64-bit and high DPI support is huge

and does it sound better because of that?
Hanginon 2:57 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
64-bit and high DPI support is huge

and does it sound better because of that?

It could. On Windows, the 64 bit version of Serato should be able to use 64 bit drivers for your hardware - "if" 64 bit drivers have been written for them.
R-A-C 3:05 PM - 18 November, 2017
so using a 64bit driver makes my device sound better?
Joe Moore 3:17 PM - 18 November, 2017
I think he's referring to the software itself being a 64-bit application, not the driver.

I can't speak as to whether a 64-bit Serato DJ application would improve playback sound quality, but there are plenty of other threads on the forum that discuss the potential benefits of a 64-bit architecture.
Logisticalstyles 3:29 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
Serato DJ Pro?
I think I saw someone post a screenshot of the Beta invitation on Facebook. I saw Serato DJ Pro and thought that was different.

I knew it. www.seratodjpro.com points back to the current serato.com site.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:42 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Serato DJ Pro?
I think I saw someone post a screenshot of the Beta invitation on Facebook. I saw Serato DJ Pro and thought that was different.

I knew it. www.seratodjpro.com points back to the current serato.com site.

Wow - Registration Date:2011-09-27

I guess they were thinking ahead - grabbed the name 6 YEARS AGO?
veleno 8:16 PM - 18 November, 2017
Remember that it is forbidden to talk about the new version, if not in the appropriate forum, in my opinion if they notice you close the post,
veleno 8:19 PM - 18 November, 2017
Confidential Information: You agree that the Beta Software and any information concerning the Beta Software (including its nature and existence, features, functionality and screenshots) and any other information disclosed by Serato to you in connection with the Beta will be considered and referred to in this Agreement as “Confidential Information”.

Non-disclosure of Confidential Information: You agree not to disclose, publish, or otherwise disseminate any Confidential Information to anyone other than individuals who are part of the Beta and only in the Beta area in the Serato Forum, or as otherwise expressly permitted or agreed to in writing by Serato. You further agree to take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use, disclosure, publication, or dissemination of Confidential Information, including preventing access to or display of the Beta Software to third parties. You agree not to use Confidential Information otherwise for your own or any third party’s benefit without the prior written approval of an authorised representative of Serato in each instance.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 9:38 PM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
Remember that it is forbidden to talk about the new version, if not in the appropriate forum, in my opinion if they notice you close the post,

I was just commenting more on the Domain Name and the creation date of that said Domain - not the actual Beta or new version IF there is one.

But noted - sorry...
Despo 8:02 PM - 19 November, 2017
so is echo out fixed or not
DJ Tecniq 11:51 PM - 19 November, 2017
Quote:
so is echo out fixed or not
lol doubt it they keep blaming izotope for that.
Mr. Goodkat 5:32 AM - 20 November, 2017
i never really used the echo out but ive been using a vci 380 and i used it last night and didnt see the problem.

is it if you leave it on? but then how long does it need to be on? like 3 seconds?
DJ Tecniq 6:11 AM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
i never really used the echo out but ive been using a vci 380 and i used it last night and didnt see the problem.

is it if you leave it on? but then how long does it need to be on? like 3 seconds?
No keep using echo out and you’ll find out. It is not noticeable every time you use it. It works just not 100% as you’ll hear distortion like muffled bass and the tail end of the echo is off. It will sound like shit if you record it. It happens on random.
Logisticalstyles 2:45 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:

It's not forbidden to talk about the new version.
Russ Cole 3:52 PM - 20 November, 2017
Broadcast and Recording Simultaneously Any Chance of that with 2.0, the lack of both tied together has me not committing to purchasing Serato
Russ Cole 4:13 PM - 20 November, 2017
And also facility for a USB MIcrophone that would be nice to.
skinnyguy 6:17 PM - 20 November, 2017
are we going to have to re-purchase licenses again?
popnwave 4:55 PM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
are we going to have to re-purchase licenses again?

No.
popnwave 4:56 PM - 21 November, 2017
At this point the echo out has been like that for so long, just accept it as a feature, hah.
HARO 5:21 PM - 21 November, 2017
My main wish for SDJ 2.0 would be:

1 – Auto-engage preset loops feature like Reckordbox DJ does.

2 – Displaying full waveforms on CDJ displays when connected HID mode like Reckordbox DJ does.

3 – Finally supporting Rane MP2014.
Jmoney$ 5:31 PM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
My main wish for SDJ 2.0 would be:

2 – Displaying full waveforms on CDJ displays when connected HID mode like Reckordbox DJ does.

Pioneer doesn't allow serato to do this currently nothing serato can do about it

Same story with the denons (hopefully that will change)
popnwave 5:39 PM - 21 November, 2017
I think the Denon stuff will come down the pipeline soon. Might be a little more resource intensive than initially thought and they had to pull back a bit.
Jmoney$ 5:46 PM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
I think the Denon stuff will come down the pipeline soon. Might be a little more resource intensive than initially thought and they had to pull back a bit.

it is possible but denon would have to add that feature to the development kit for serato to use it. Last i heard it was not there.
Blank_Disk 10:06 PM - 21 November, 2017
serato dj 2.0 wont be released just yet..... version 1.999999999999999 will be released first
mixgoonie 8:53 AM - 22 November, 2017
LOL
Dj cuervo 3:16 PM - 22 November, 2017
Please don't kill the Vestax 380 in the new 2.0 version. Since it does not need any drivers for the 64 bit support or 32 bit support. I know it is old but it has the best jog wheels for Scratching in my opinion!!!
popnwave 3:30 PM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Please don't kill the Vestax 380 in the new 2.0 version. Since it does not need any drivers for the 64 bit support or 32 bit support. I know it is old but it has the best jog wheels for Scratching in my opinion!!!

Is it working with it right now in beta?
Dj cuervo 4:01 PM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

No clue ... not one of the lucky famous DJ in the private beta. I have a Software Dev/QA background tho #DayJob
popnwave 4:08 PM - 22 November, 2017
I wouldn't sweat it too much, as long as the device works in your OS, SDJ has yet to cut loose any hardware it has supported.

The only iffy stuff is the Rane devices that don't always play nice in OS X versions El Cap thru High Sierra.
938MyDJ 6:05 PM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

The VCI-400 works with the beta.
So the 380 should work on the upcoming version too.
Dj cuervo 6:28 PM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The VCI-400 works with the beta.
So the 380 should work on the upcoming version too.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
CanaroMix 9:21 PM - 22 November, 2017
Stai tranquillo, la mitica VCI-380 funziona senza problemi su Win7, win10, high sierra con SDpro 2 ;) credimi... in questo momento è qui che stà suonando su Hsierra e il 2; d'altronde su macOS usa i core audio quindi niente problemi, e i driver scritti da vestax per windows vanno ancora alla grande sui sistemi 64 bit

Be quiet, the legendary VCI-380 runs smoothly on Win7, win10, high sierra with SDpro 2;) believe me ... right now he's here playing Hsierra and the 2; in other words on macOS it uses the audio core so no problems, and drivers written by vestax for windows are still great on 64 bit systems
dj_soo 3:06 AM - 23 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

no problems with my vci 380