Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Denon Mc7000 or Pioneer DDJ-SX2

DJ2dmax 11:50 PM - 11 April, 2017
Hi all,

I just wanted to get your feedback on which will be the one to buy. I will be selling my Numark 4trak to either get a Denon Mc7000 or Pioneer DDJ-SX2. I can use Serato as my friend owns a DDJ-SX, that I played a few times on. I hit the pitch control in the middle a few times when I play on the SX which I hate a lot.

I know that the mc7000 is new and don't have enough reviews yet. Its just that I want to switch to Serato and also have pads for better mixes then my old 4trak.

I am using an Alienware 14 as my DJ laptop on windows 7 64bit, which I find wouldn't be an issue on handling Serato.
DJ Round 10 5:40 AM - 12 April, 2017
I'm considering both of these myself. Although I'd spend the extra $$ for the denon mcx8000. I like that Pioneer is dependable but I don't like that the SX2 is now 2 years old.
DJ2dmax 6:04 AM - 12 April, 2017
Thanks DJ Round 10..

I like the mc7000 more then 8000 i dont really need those screens. Also the 7000 comes with flip, pitch and video expansion packs for free. And the 7000 showing more like a 6ch mixer coz of those 2 extra mic inputs.
DJ4yu 11:00 AM - 12 April, 2017
I would liked to buy a MC8000, but with so many complaints reported, That's not longer the case. So, I'm looking on those two controller also, but I'm more inclined toward MC7000 since I own a MC6000k2, and SX2 is two years older.
benictrs 8:03 PM - 12 April, 2017
With so manny problems reported for the mcx8000 why do you think the mcx7000 is any better ?
These are basicly first generation products just like the initial sx1 with the epic mic inputs screw up & usb1.0 :)))
I personaly believe it's best to wait for one more year and buy the Pioneer's sx3 ? Or Denon's mcx8000mk2 ?
Good luck with you purchase 😉
DJ Round 10 9:20 PM - 12 April, 2017
Wasn't aware there were so many problems with the mcx8000. Anyone care to share their experience?

Might have to go with a sure thing SX2 and swap it out when their new one comes out.
DJ2dmax 9:38 PM - 12 April, 2017
Quote:
Wasn't aware there were so many problems with the mcx8000. Anyone care to share their experience?

Might have to go with a sure thing SX2 and swap it out when their new one comes out.

There's a huge discussion on the mcx8000 here in the serato forums.

But, maybe based on those forum discussions, maybe the mc7000 might be tweaked a little bit??? SX2 will be a sure thing but 2 yrs old...... and I think Denon has a better soundcard.

And yes maybe wait another year for the SX3 or save more to get the Roland DJ-808?
DJ Round 10 9:52 PM - 12 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

There's a huge discussion on the mcx8000 here in the serato forums.

But, maybe based on those forum discussions, maybe the mc7000 might be tweaked a little bit??? SX2 will be a sure thing but 2 yrs old...... and I think Denon has a better soundcard.

And yes maybe wait another year for the SX3 or save more to get the Roland DJ-808?

Cool, thank you. I'll check out that discussion. Gonna be buying pretty soon since my NS6 is finally giving out. I'd love to wait but can't, lol.
JDforKing 10:18 PM - 12 April, 2017
Quote:
I would liked to buy a MC8000, but with so many complaints reported, That's not longer the case. So, I'm looking on those two controller also, but I'm more inclined toward MC7000 since I own a MC6000k2, and SX2 is two years older.

Is there anything wrong with your mc6000k2? Why are you looking to replace it?
DJ4yu 11:27 AM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:

Is there anything wrong with your mc6000k2?

Why are you looking to replace it?

No, it's working fine.
I'm not looking to replace it, just adding another controller with Bigger button, 16 pad etc. all in one unit.

I would definitely buy a SX3 if available. But, it's not.
DJ Stygma 12:27 PM - 13 April, 2017
My opinion is stay away from anything made by inMusic, there always seem to be problems. Numark controllers always have issues, the megathread about everything wrong with the MC8000. I have an SX2 and it has had zero problems for 2 years, I can't say the same about my Numark controllers.

I really want the NS7III as my next controller but won't get it since it is made by inMusic. So I will either wait for the SX3 or get the Roland 808.
DJ Tecniq 12:35 PM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:
My opinion is stay away from anything made by inMusic, there always seem to be problems. Numark controllers always have issues, the megathread about everything wrong with the MC8000. I have an SX2 and it has had zero problems for 2 years
I think you just got lucky. Quite a few Pioneer products have had defects as well or other problems arise and I am a personal fan of Pioneer (have the S9 and love it)
DJ Stygma 2:14 PM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:
I think you just got lucky. Quite a few Pioneer products have had defects as well or other problems arise and I am a personal fan of Pioneer (have the S9 and love it)

You may be right, I will now go knock on wood.
DJ Tecniq 9:59 PM - 13 April, 2017
Just something to think about fellas. The Mixars Primo will be arriving soon and it seeks to be the "first" 2 channel controller with DVS support. The price point I've seen for this deck is only $600. May want to keep it in mind as I think this is a huge advantage in the 2 channel realm.
youtu.be
benictrs 1:44 AM - 15 April, 2017
You think ?
Ragman 4:39 AM - 15 April, 2017
Quote:
My opinion is stay away from anything made by inMusic, there always seem to be problems. Numark controllers always have issues, the megathread about everything wrong with the MC8000. I have an SX2 and it has had zero problems for 2 years, I can't say the same about my Numark controllers.

I really want the NS7III as my next controller but won't get it since it is made by inMusic. So I will either wait for the SX3 or get the Roland 808.

There is nothing wrong with the NS7II or NS7III. Don't believe the hype.
Smartus 7:17 AM - 15 April, 2017
I own a MC7000 (main reason for me were the 2 usb ports) and so far (played 4 gigs + some hours at home) am very happy with it.

- I did not experience any problems at all
- the overall sound quality and the gain structure are much better than with other controllers I tried before (Vestax VCI-300, Reloop Terminal Mix 8)
- it has all the features I need

Sorry to say that I don't have any experience with Pioneer though, so I can't compare...
akaTRAP 1:43 AM - 16 April, 2017
MC7000 because of the 2 USB ports. Same price as the SX2 but that second USB port is a huge selling point if you want to do back-to-back sets with someone.
benictrs 6:38 PM - 16 April, 2017
Quote:
MC7000 because of the 2 USB ports. Same price as the SX2 but that second USB port is a huge selling point if you want to do back-to-back sets with someone.

For me the second USB is not that important , but sound quality would be . Is there any diference in sound between mcx8000 & mcx7000 ? This would be intresting to know . Are they identical from this point of view ? Or is the mcx7000 better ? Due to a better sound card?
akaTRAP 2:22 AM - 17 April, 2017
Never heard the MC7000, but I owned the DDJ-RX (the Rekordbox equivalent to the SX2) and sold it for the MCX8000. IMO the 8000 sounds better and is punchier than the RX/SX2, and is almost all metal compared to the SX. Even with the small issues (though annoying) that I've had with it, I still love my MCX8000.
DJ Stygma 1:02 PM - 17 April, 2017
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with the NS7II or NS7III. Don't believe the hype.

That is good to hear, I may just get one yet.
DJ Round 10 4:01 AM - 20 April, 2017
Quote:

I agree with Ragman. Numark products are dependable. I've had and NS6 since Jan. 2011 and it's still going strong.
Ian Williams 8:29 AM - 16 August, 2017
Quote:
Just something to think about fellas. The Mixars Primo will be arriving soon and it seeks to be the "first" 2 channel controller with DVS support. The price point I've seen for this deck is only $600. May want to keep it in mind as I think this is a huge advantage in the 2 channel realm.
youtu.be

The Promo looks fantastic, but still appears to be vapourware.

I ordered my MC7000 last night! :-)
Ian Williams 8:30 AM - 16 August, 2017
That should say "Primo". Isn't there an "edit post" option on this forum?
DJ Tecniq 1:27 PM - 16 August, 2017
For me it's a toss up between the Mc7000 or the new ns6ii arriving soon. Saw a video of the DJ cop scratching on it at Expo and it just looks like a solid deck for that t-table feel and it is DVS upgrade ready.
DJ Tecniq 11:34 PM - 21 August, 2017
Quote:
Did you receive your mc7000? Any issues with it. Just curious as I'm thinking of getting one.
Ian Williams 9:12 AM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Did you receive your mc7000? Any issues with it. Just curious as I'm thinking of getting one.

Yes.
All fine so far. I normally use Traktor though (burn the heretic!) :-)

It will be out for its 1st gig at the weekend, so i'll report back after that.
DJ JulioYEG 12:39 AM - 25 August, 2017
Quote:
Never heard the MC7000, but I owned the DDJ-RX (the Rekordbox equivalent to the SX2) and sold it for the MCX8000. IMO the 8000 sounds better and is punchier than the RX/SX2, and is almost all metal compared to the SX. Even with the small issues (though annoying) that I've had with it, I still love my MCX8000.

ur issues on the 8000 have they been fixed?
akaTRAP 4:37 AM - 28 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

ur issues on the 8000 have they been fixed?

The pitch drifting is annoying, but I'm not going to whine and moan about a .01 pitch drift (even though it really shouldn't happen on MIDI hardware). I also don't like how the pads need some force before they actually respond. You can hit them too soft and not have anything happen. Other than that, no issues. I haven't had a single issue anyone in other forums have been complaining about. Can't tell you exactly why that is.
DJ Tecniq 8:41 AM - 28 August, 2017
SDJ has always had pitch drift. SSL for some reason was spot on. However I'm not interested in any 4 ch controllers anymore. The Mixars Primo will be out soon and it's a 2 ch controller w/DVS support nail in the coffin...I'm sold sign me the fuck upđŸ™‹đŸŒâ€â™‚ïž
pit338 4:27 PM - 6 September, 2017
No one have observe the problem with the gain knobs in sx2? for me it is working unacceptable for machine who costs 900$.
DJKayce 2:47 AM - 7 September, 2017
Quote:
No one have observe the problem with the gain knobs in sx2? for me it is working unacceptable for machine who costs 900$.

Has been discussed here for a long time. check out old threads on DDJ-SX2. Trim or gain knobs.
DJ Tecniq 7:24 AM - 7 September, 2017
Neither the SR2 is finally heređŸ™ŒđŸŒ
youtu.be
benictrs 10:48 AM - 7 September, 2017
pit338 9:41 AM - 9 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Has been discussed here for a long time. check out old threads on DDJ-SX2. Trim or gain knobs.

I hope sr2 dont have this problem!
Dj Ricky Redz 5:45 PM - 9 September, 2017
I've personally passed through about 5/6 sx/sx2 and 3 sr and found all of them have a similar issue that happens over time and its due to build quality!

I bought a ns7 the same month it came out, I thing September 2009, sold it to a friend 3+ years later and he's still using it to this day with just minor issues!

oh, and I had the v7/x5 setup for little under 3 years too without issues!

what did you guys say about inmusic again?? SMH!
Efrén 10:31 PM - 20 September, 2017
Hi guys! I just want to known about the quality of the buttons on the MC7000, because im almost ready to purchase it. I already know about the sound card and the metal build and thats the only thing that people speaks about this controller. Recently i saw a video on YT and the MPC pad mode selector buttons doesn't make any click and look like made of the same rubber instead of hard plastic, same with the loop section, and those of pitch bend as well.
I appreciate your answer. Thanks!
Dj Ricky Redz 12:12 AM - 21 September, 2017
No controller that has the 8 pad make any click as far as I know, and this is actually more durable than the "clicky" buttons... its mpc pads, they were made for a beating!
Efrén 1:42 AM - 22 September, 2017
Quote:
No controller that has the 8 pad make any click as far as I know, and this is actually more durable than the "clicky" buttons... its mpc pads, they were made for a beating!

Of course the pads are made of rubb. I mean the selector mode buttons (Cue roll slicer sampler) I saw a video and this buttons on the denon seems to be loose they moves like rubber. Thats what i want to know!
DJ JulioYEG 5:02 AM - 22 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Of course the pads are made of rubb. I mean the selector mode buttons (Cue roll slicer sampler) I saw a video and this buttons on the denon seems to be loose they moves like rubber. Thats what i want to know!

theyre stiff pads like the s9
DJ JulioYEG 5:03 AM - 22 September, 2017
Quote:

facts
shadow23 10:10 PM - 23 September, 2017
It's been a long time since I have touched any DJ gear. The last controller I had was the SX2. I have since sold all my DJ gear and want to start DJing again. I don't want to do gigs or anything like that. Sad to say I have lost the urge to do any gigs since a tragedy in my life a couple of years ago. But enough of the drama.

I am torn which controller to go for. Here in Australia these 2 controllers are the same price. I like the SX2 but since I haven't seen or touched the MC7000, I can't compare them side by side.

I know the MC7000 is new and the SX2 has been around. But is Denon good, quality wise?
NUdisc0 6:26 PM - 24 September, 2017
Why don't you go try the mc7000 in a store and see if you like It better than the sx2?
shadow23 6:31 PM - 24 September, 2017
Quote:
Why don't you go try the mc7000 in a store and see if you like It better than the sx2?

Thank you NUdisc0. Unfortunately the nearest store is about a 2 hour drive. I know I'd like the MC7000 but my biggest concern is the reliability of Denon. I haven't used Denon at all. So I'm not sure if they are durable.
NUdisc0 7:05 PM - 24 September, 2017
serato.com

Sorry I do not own a mc7000. Denon has always been a hit/miss with me.
shadow23 7:07 PM - 24 September, 2017
Quote:
serato.com

Sorry I do not own a mc7000. Denon has always been a hit/miss with me.

That's ok. I will take the plunge later today and order one. Thanks again.
NUdisc0 7:10 PM - 24 September, 2017
What was wrong with the sx2?
shadow23 7:12 PM - 24 September, 2017
Quote:

Oh nothing with it. I c ould easily go for the Pioneer. Since I used to own one, I figured why not try something new.
Ragman 2:44 AM - 27 September, 2017
The 7000 probably get's lumped in with the 8000's issues but it's actually a good controller.
NUdisc0 3:00 AM - 27 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Oh nothing with it. I c ould easily go for the Pioneer. Since I used to own one, I figured why not try something new.

I personally would stick with what works. I never felt the need to upgrade from technics 1200s. I resisted CDJs as long as I could.
shadow23 7:41 AM - 27 September, 2017
Just received the MC7000 today. I'll see how it goes. I'm only DJing for fun. Basically I just want to go back to my grass roots and just have fun with it.

I would've loved TTs but with my budget I can't really afford it. So the Denon will have to suffice for now. Baby steps for me as Im starting from scratch. The only thing I kept with my DJ gear is the Rokit monitors. I don't even have a laptop. All Ill be using at home is my PC.

Like I said I don't plan to DJ gigs ever again. Its all for fun now.
dj rickc 10:47 AM - 27 September, 2017
Hi I purchased the 7000 about a month ago. I'm a mobile dj with about 25 years in business. As for controllers I've had the pioneer sx and the sx2. I owned each of them for about 2 years. Then started to have minor problems with each. I use serato dj and occasionally vdj8.i have two Mac book pros. One with Mavericks the other with Sierra
. Qsc tops and kW 181 subs. And sennheiser wireless. Ok,with that said! Imho the 7000 sounds a bit better overall than the pioneers. Both hi,s mids and bass.are better.I a/b,d them in a catering facility to be sure. The mics definitely sound better on 7k. Had to use a separate Allen and Heath mixer for my mics with the pioneer. The mic gain is a little high on the 7k but not a problem with sound or feedback. The individual channels on pioneer always went into the red. 7k no issues . Took a gig or two to get used to the layout on the 7k. No big deal! As for the platters I'm not an expert I don't scratch. As for my events I do everything from sweet 16,s to nursing homes. Ps paid 788. For 7000. Also the odyssey case for the sx2 will fit the 7000. With a minor adjustment. So far no problems or glitches. Hope this helps!
shadow23 11:54 AM - 27 September, 2017
Quote:
Hi I purchased the 7000 about a month ago. I'm a mobile dj with about 25 years in business. As for controllers I've had the pioneer sx and the sx2. I owned each of them for about 2 years. Then started to have minor problems with each. I use serato dj and occasionally vdj8.i have two Mac book pros. One with Mavericks the other with Sierra
. Qsc tops and kW 181 subs. And sennheiser wireless. Ok,with that said! Imho the 7000 sounds a bit better overall than the pioneers. Both hi,s mids and bass.are better.I a/b,d them in a catering facility to be sure. The mics definitely sound better on 7k. Had to use a separate Allen and Heath mixer for my mics with the pioneer. The mic gain is a little high on the 7k but not a problem with sound or feedback. The individual channels on pioneer always went into the red. 7k no issues . Took a gig or two to get used to the layout on the 7k. No big deal! As for the platters I'm not an expert I don't scratch. As for my events I do everything from sweet 16,s to nursing homes. Ps paid 788. For 7000. Also the odyssey case for the sx2 will fit the 7000. With a minor adjustment. So far no problems or glitches. Hope this helps!

Thanks. One of the reason I went with the 7000 is because I want something new. I have owned the SR and SX2. And was annoyed with the SZ issue I had. I know Pioneer sorted that issue but it really shook my confidence with Pioneer products.

Not saying Denon is Bullet proof. Like I said I want something new. I had the NS7II and I was looking at the NS6II but since it's not available yet here. I just took the plunge with the 70000.
Junglist1SouLjA 2:43 PM - 4 October, 2017
I just bought a Pioneer SX2 and am already having problems with it. I do have experience on NXS products. So here are my problems.....with several different tracks played, when I would mix channel 1 out with the 2nd knob on the FX2 side, it would also affect channel 2 side without any of the effects buttons even pressed on! This happened throughout the day of mixing at least 4 time's. I am quite disappointed because Pioneer is supposed to be the shizzle! Another problem I've noticed is when scratching. Both trims are around 3-4 but, no matter which channel I'm bringing the scratching in from it seems way louder than the other channel. Like if I should lower the up/down fader to level out the loudness of the scratching? I don't want to have to be doing that every time I want to scratch! Another thing also is that my channel 1 side seems to scratch tighter than the 2nd channel. I did lower the latency and set up settings for scratching as suggested on some YouTube video. Already too, when I had just got it and hooked it up to my Windows 10 laptop. I had 2 day's of issue's with the controller not being seen by Serato. I finally figured it out by reinstalling the firmware. That was a huge headache. I already had Serato on my laptop for my friends SX. I also haven't been having any progress in trying to use the flip feature. Hitting record and trying to save it to a slot and all. Yes, I've watched a few vids on how to use it and I'm still missing something.
So now, I am considering the Denon MCX8000 or 7000, the Numark NS7III, Roland DJ808, or giving Pioneer a second chance with the XDJ-RX2? Any suggestions? Or do I just send this SX2 back for another? I am so confused and undecided. Somebody help!
Dj Ricky Redz 4:04 PM - 5 October, 2017
I've had the same issue where pressing one button would result in a few other buttons on the controller being pressed also, and I've seen this on a few DDJ SX & SX2. It seem to be a common issue out here in Jamaica, not sure about elsewhere.
DJ JulioYEG 9:49 PM - 5 October, 2017
get the mc7000 instead
Junglist1SouLjA 10:34 AM - 8 October, 2017
So I am going with the Roland DJ808. I have seen far too many complaints on Denon MCX8000 and their Engine software. I don't want to deal with a company that doesn't take the time to eliminate ALL bugs before releasing. I totally dig all of it's features but, it sounds like they've put far too much on this controllers plate for it too handle smoothly. Many believe it's gotta do with some long awaited firmware updates but, a handful believe that they have not done any fixing is because their hardware cannot take it! Otherwise, why isn't Laidback Luke using it? It appears that you've got to get Denon's Prime hardware for thing's to work smooth. Numark NS7III looks cool but, I can wait on it. I am wanting to have as many options available to me that'll run smoothly and sound great. So I am choosing the Roland DJ808. It looks like something that would be hard to get bored of. I love scratching and mixing but, adding producer creative capabilities to your mixes? Sign me up! Low latency jog wheels and lot's of samples? Yup.

BTW, I haven't heard ANY complaints on this awesome 4 channel controller! Except one guy trying to show that the pad response is slower than an SX2 I believe? I just had an SX2 and it was a defective unit made in March 2017! Which I bought in September. Sending it back on Monday. I really wanted to keep it too because of Pioneer being the standard but maybe I'll give them a try in the future when I can afford they're Nexus products. I'll be posting my thoughts on the my new DJ808 soon! Paz!
skinnyguy 7:49 PM - 9 October, 2017
laidback luke gets to use the new sc5000 and the new mixer. that's why he doesn't use a controller.
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:10 PM - 9 October, 2017
Quote:
laidback luke gets to use the new sc5000 and the new mixer. that's why he doesn't use a controller.

youtu.be
DJ TooHypE 9:51 PM - 17 October, 2017
Proud Owner of Denon DJ MC7000 I even used it this Saturday Gig worked great all the buttons were on point, I just had to double check on myself because of the mirror layout but eventually muscle memory will kick in and I'll be able to know my layout without looking.

I still own Rane SL4 and Pioneer CDJ-400's/Technic 1200Mk2 Modded which I'll keep as backup or home use obviously.
R-A-C 3:34 AM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:
Proud Owner of Denon DJ MC7000 I even used it this Saturday Gig worked great all the buttons were on point, I just had to double check on myself because of the mirror layout but eventually muscle memory will kick in and I'll be able to know my layout without looking.

I still own Rane SL4 and Pioneer CDJ-400's/Technic 1200Mk2 Modded which I'll keep as backup or home use obviously.

i'd keep using the sl4 for the sound quality. you can still use the 7000 for midi
mixgoonie 6:23 AM - 18 October, 2017
Is thee such a difference between the 2 when you know then mcx7000 has a good soundcard ?
DJ TooHypE 12:15 AM - 19 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

i'd keep using the sl4 for the sound quality. you can still use the 7000 for midi

Could you explain?? How so please?? I do plan on using my Rane SL4 for ASIO compatibly with Ableton Live 8/9 and Studio One 3 Professional.

Although I used ASIO4all with the Denon MC7000 sound card with my DAW programs and my monitors and works haven't tested the recording yet.
R-A-C 5:30 AM - 19 October, 2017
for an all-in-one controller the 7000 isn't bad. the sl4 is just better ;-)
but since you have both just do a comparison. to some degree it's a matter of taste.
skinnyguy 3:21 AM - 20 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

does he use that on gigs?

if you had a choice at a big festival to use a controller or decks and a mixer, what would you choose?
NUdisc0 3:29 AM - 20 October, 2017
I so not do festivals, but IMHO:

For festivals and clubs= decks and usb sticks.

For mobile=serato controller and a laptop full of music.
dj_soo 9:00 AM - 23 October, 2017
I do festivals and still use Serato and turntables. Just what I prefer.
DJ JulioYEG 12:18 AM - 26 October, 2017
I can get a used sx for 900 bucks mint shape with an odessy flight case included, should i jump on that or cough up the extra cash and buy the mc7000 new and get the warranty and the extra sdj packs with it
DJ TooHypE 1:48 AM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:
I can get a used sx for 900 bucks mint shape with an odessy flight case included, should i jump on that or cough up the extra cash and buy the mc7000 new and get the warranty and the extra sdj packs with it

I have used the DDJ-SX and it's cool and all but eventually you want the DVS Ready options and either the DDJ-SX2 or MC7000 has it and you'll be able to add Turntables or CDJ's, or 2 Audio Interface and allow 2 DJ's to use your controller on the MC7000 only. That is the reason my decision why I bought the MC7000 plus the 3 free Serato Expansions was a deal breaker to finalize my decision. I already used my MC7000 with Serato DJ with no problem and I also have it MIDI Map with Traktor Pro if I decide to use another DVS at any gig with my laptop.

www.denondj.com

‱Traktor Pro 2.11 Mapping File
‱Virtual DJ 8.2+ User Manual

I work at Sam Ash Music so I get a chance to play around with different DJ Controllers. =)
DJ JulioYEG 3:17 AM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I have used the DDJ-SX and it's cool and all but eventually you want the DVS Ready options and either the DDJ-SX2 or MC7000 has it and you'll be able to add Turntables or CDJ's, or 2 Audio Interface and allow 2 DJ's to use your controller on the MC7000 only. That is the reason my decision why I bought the MC7000 plus the 3 free Serato Expansions was a deal breaker to finalize my decision. I already used my MC7000 with Serato DJ with no problem and I also have it MIDI Map with Traktor Pro if I decide to use another DVS at any gig with my laptop.

www.denondj.com

I work at Sam Ash Music so I get a chance to play around with different DJ Controllers. =)

im a serato fanboy and only ever used traktor scratch pro back in the day, am i just able to plug in and play with traktor if i wish? and true i forgot about the double usb support i was just focused on the price lol. look like im coughin up the cash. I have a sl3 for a sperate setup for scratching as a home setup this is just fro mobiles when im not spinnin at the clubs
dj_soo 5:36 AM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:

seems a bit much - I see SXs (mk 1) going for $500 used a lot.
DJ Tecniq 9:23 AM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:
I just bought a Pioneer SX2 and am already having problems with it. I do have experience on NXS products. So here are my problems.....with several different tracks played, when I would mix channel 1 out with the 2nd knob on the FX2 side, it would also affect channel 2 side without any of the effects buttons even pressed on! This happened throughout the day of mixing at least 4 time's. I am quite disappointed because Pioneer is supposed to be the shizzle! Another problem I've noticed is when scratching. Both trims are around 3-4 but, no matter which channel I'm bringing the scratching in from it seems way louder than the other channel. Like if I should lower the up/down fader to level out the loudness of the scratching? I don't want to have to be doing that every time I want to scratch! Another thing also is that my channel 1 side seems to scratch tighter than the 2nd channel. I did lower the latency and set up settings for scratching as suggested on some YouTube video. Already too, when I had just got it and hooked it up to my Windows 10 laptop. I had 2 day's of issue's with the controller not being seen by Serato. I finally figured it out by reinstalling the firmware. That was a huge headache. I already had Serato on my laptop for my friends SX. I also haven't been having any progress in trying to use the flip feature. Hitting record and trying to save it to a slot and all. Yes, I've watched a few vids on how to use it and I'm still missing something.
So now, I am considering the Denon MCX8000 or 7000, the Numark NS7III, Roland DJ808, or giving Pioneer a second chance with the XDJ-RX2? Any suggestions? Or do I just send this SX2 back for another? I am so confused and undecided. Somebody help!
This definitely doesn't happen on my SR2. It sounds like you're having output issues. The channels should be at the same level no one should be louder than the other however this was a problem with my first S9 the left master xlr was much louder than the right (which was clipping btw) so sent it back and have had a new S9 ever since w/no output issues. I love Pioneer but their quality control is absolute shit. I know over a handful of users that have had output issues or defective units right out the box. Luckily this hasn't happened with the SR2 as I thoroughly tested all the outputs.
DJ JulioYEG 9:43 PM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

seems a bit much - I see SXs (mk 1) going for $500 used a lot.

im in canada, and it comes with the flight case
DJ TooHypE 6:36 PM - 27 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

www.denondj.com

im a serato fanboy and only ever used traktor scratch pro back in the day, am i just able to plug in and play with traktor if i wish? and true i forgot about the double usb support i was just focused on the price lol. look like im coughin up the cash. I have a sl3 for a sperate setup for scratching as a home setup this is just fro mobiles when im not spinnin at the clubs

In regards to Traktor Pro assuming you have the MIDI Map/TSI template and configure your audio settings the 1st/first time, then yes it's plug and play whenever you use it.
Efrén 12:32 AM - 28 November, 2017
So, finally i have the denon MC7000. Here is my review after playing with it after a week.
First, the unit is really well built, the buttons, faders and knobs feels solid. Im on windows so to avoid connectivity issues you must start the driver first, and then power the unit already plugged to your laptop. Allright it works with no problems.
What i dislike is the highly brighter led ring on the platters, is it true that this thing can blind you and stare at the laptopÂŽs screen you still see the rings on your sight, so the invertef mode is the best way to handle this beast. Another issue is about the navigation controls. The select/load knob when pressed, act as forward, taking you to the next library window instead of loading the desired file. This sucks, because i use to load my tracks from its main folder, and its stupid considering the unit has a back/forward button next to this knob which do the same. IÂŽve tried to remap it, but only works for one deck: Loads deck 1 and 2, not 3 and 4 or vice versa and lefts the back/forward button unoperative, so thereÂŽs no way to fix it by mapping.
Come on Serato! fix this with the 2.0 version please!
DJ JulioYEG 1:26 AM - 28 November, 2017
i bought the mc7000 on black friday it will be in soon i will give you a guys a full honest review
DJ JulioYEG 1:26 AM - 28 November, 2017
Quote:
nother issue is about the navigation controls. The select/load knob when pressed, act as forward, taking you to the next library window instead of loading the desired file.

any one else experiecing this?
Efrén 12:53 AM - 29 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
nother issue is about the navigation controls. The select/load knob when pressed, act as forward, taking you to the next library window instead of loading the desired file.

any one else experiecing this?

DJ JulioYEG, it only acts as load when you are inside of a crate. Loading the tracks from the computer is annoying. I dont know if it is a bug on serato 1.9.10, havenÂŽt tried it with previous versions.
But overall, the controller is really awesome, a pioneer ass kicker! Im not regreting of my purchase. Wish you good luck with yours!
DJ TooHypE 3:33 PM - 5 December, 2017
Quote:
So, finally i have the denon MC7000. Here is my review after playing with it after a week.
First, the unit is really well built, the buttons, faders and knobs feels solid. Im on windows so to avoid connectivity issues you must start the driver first, and then power the unit already plugged to your laptop. Allright it works with no problems.
What i dislike is the highly brighter led ring on the platters, is it true that this thing can blind you and stare at the laptopÂŽs screen you still see the rings on your sight, so the invertef mode is the best way to handle this beast. Another issue is about the navigation controls. The select/load knob when pressed, act as forward, taking you to the next library window instead of loading the desired file. This sucks, because i use to load my tracks from its main folder, and its stupid considering the unit has a back/forward button next to this knob which do the same. IÂŽve tried to remap it, but only works for one deck: Loads deck 1 and 2, not 3 and 4 or vice versa and lefts the back/forward button unoperative, so thereÂŽs no way to fix it by mapping.
Come on Serato! fix this with the 2.0 version please!

serato.com

There's a Post both on Serato & Denon forum.
Efrén 11:40 PM - 5 December, 2017
There's a Post both on Serato & Denon forum.

Yeah, but its about the led ring. I already know how to switch between modes, and honestly sometimes i use it full lights on just because its cool.
I appreciate your help anyways, but im more worried about the select/load knob, and im not sure if it is an error design or a bug in Serato 1.9.10.
ATLVJS 3:08 AM - 20 February, 2018
I guess I will weigh in with my experience. I've been DJing for 35 years. Since controllers have stepped on the seen, I bought the SX, SX2, SB, SB2, MC7000 & SZ. I eventually sold the SB (didn't have a led), SX (we all know about the MIC issue), SX2 (replaced by MC7000). What brought about getting the MC7000 was I did a 50th birthday party. The client wanted someone to sing/host. She also wanted me to play from the song her guess was going to sing from a usb. So I needed 2 mic inputs, a "aux" input for the laptop and of course my 2 channels to DJ with. I thought to myself, I shouldn't have to use one of my DJing channel to play a separate laptop. I sold the SX2 and bought the MC7000. It is built like a tank (as all Denon controllers). I had the original MC6000 but got rid of it because I couldn't get it to run serato. The MC6000 was great at running virtual DJ and a great controller but I'm partial to Serato. Anyway, here is what I like and don't like:
+ dual usb
+ brighter lights (someone in this forum found this as a negative but I like it)
+ Slightly better sound card. You can tell vs the SX2 but I don't see it as a major upgrade
+ Mainly metal and solid built
+ SEPARATE MICS FROM DJ CHANNELS (I still don't know what Pioneer was thinking on it's SX, SX2 controllers)
+ XLR booth. Every one should follow this Denon lead
+ MIC effects (minimum but never the less there)

Now what I don't like about it
- The platters feel more like turntables. It may be I'm use to the Pioneer platter. I haven't attempted to make any adjustments. It's not that bad its more different than a negative.
- Getting use to the mirror image. If this is the only controller you're going to use then this will eventually not be a problem. However, if you're like me and you use a SB2, MC7000 and a SZ on a regular basis, it could be confusing at time.
- Doing gigs by yourself this wouldn't be a negative but if you have to accommondate for other DJs this could be a problem if they're a pioneer person (Hence why I eventually bought the SZ)

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. I use MC7000 for my weekly gig at a bar which is 70% of the time with me using the SB2 at my Cigar Bar gig and the SZ for my major 8-12 major gigs I do 15% each. Also, the MC7000 runs Virtual DJ with no problem. I don't have problems running it on the pioneer but it seems like it is less effort to get it to run with MC7000.

Overall, I'm happy with the MC7000. If brand doesn't matter and you want the best controller within a compact size, get the MC7000. If you're a pioneer guy then sick with pioneer. If you're a pioneer guy thinking about using Denon, go to your local guitarcenter and give it a try.
DJ JulioYEG 3:31 AM - 20 February, 2018
I'm taking my mc7000 in for repair due to loose usbs causing Serato to not detect it plugged in is going to be given an sx2 in the mean while one thing im not happy about is the selector being placed in the middle and not assigned to a deck side lol
DJ Tecniq 3:47 AM - 20 February, 2018
Quote:
I guess I will weigh in with my experience. I've been DJing for 35 years. Since controllers have stepped on the seen, I bought the SX, SX2, SB, SB2, MC7000 & SZ. I eventually sold the SB (didn't have a led), SX (we all know about the MIC issue), SX2 (replaced by MC7000). What brought about getting the MC7000 was I did a 50th birthday party. The client wanted someone to sing/host. She also wanted me to play from the song her guess was going to sing from a usb. So I needed 2 mic inputs, a "aux" input for the laptop and of course my 2 channels to DJ with. I thought to myself, I shouldn't have to use one of my DJing channel to play a separate laptop. I sold the SX2 and bought the MC7000. It is built like a tank (as all Denon controllers). I had the original MC6000 but got rid of it because I couldn't get it to run serato. The MC6000 was great at running virtual DJ and a great controller but I'm partial to Serato. Anyway, here is what I like and don't like:
+ dual usb
+ brighter lights (someone in this forum found this as a negative but I like it)
+ Slightly better sound card. You can tell vs the SX2 but I don't see it as a major upgrade
+ Mainly metal and solid built
+ SEPARATE MICS FROM DJ CHANNELS (I still don't know what Pioneer was thinking on it's SX, SX2 controllers)
+ XLR booth. Every one should follow this Denon lead
+ MIC effects (minimum but never the less there)

Now what I don't like about it
- The platters feel more like turntables. It may be I'm use to the Pioneer platter. I haven't attempted to make any adjustments. It's not that bad its more different than a negative.
- Getting use to the mirror image. If this is the only controller you're going to use then this will eventually not be a problem. However, if you're like me and you use a SB2, MC7000 and a SZ on a regular basis, it could be confusing at time.
- Doing gigs by yourself this wouldn't be a negative but if you have to accommondate for other DJs this could be a problem if they're a pioneer person (Hence why I eventually bought the SZ)

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. I use MC7000 for my weekly gig at a bar which is 70% of the time with me using the SB2 at my Cigar Bar gig and the SZ for my major 8-12 major gigs I do 15% each. Also, the MC7000 runs Virtual DJ with no problem. I don't have problems running it on the pioneer but it seems like it is less effort to get it to run with MC7000.

Overall, I'm happy with the MC7000. If brand doesn't matter and you want the best controller within a compact size, get the MC7000. If you're a pioneer guy then sick with pioneer. If you're a pioneer guy thinking about using Denon, go to your local guitarcenter and give it a try.
As for the mic issues you could just use a dual wireless mic system lol...i currently use it with my SR2. No problems and i just use the mic input.
DJ Tecniq 3:50 AM - 20 February, 2018
This thing kicks ass. Great range too
www.amazon.com
DJ JulioYEG 4:22 AM - 20 February, 2018
Quote:

hows that mixars controller you picked up
DJ Tecniq 4:53 AM - 20 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I have the SR2. The Mixars Primo is never going to be released. RCF (partner of Mixars) will no longer be partnered with Mixars. I heard they are selling off all their stock and if someone else doesn’t buy Mixars then they are prob done with. It’s no wonder they didn’t have much to showcase at NAMM.
DJ Tecniq 4:59 AM - 20 February, 2018
I would of got the Primo but it never releasedđŸ€·đŸŒâ€â™‚ïž Which tells me Mixars has no backup plan and everything’s just up in the air. RCF owns them I don’t think Mixars could get the ball rolling with new products.
dj_soo 5:06 AM - 20 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have the SR2. The Mixars Primo is never going to be released. RCF (partner of Mixars) will no longer be partnered with Mixars. I heard they are selling off all their stock and if someone else doesn’t buy Mixars then they are prob done with. It’s no wonder they didn’t have much to showcase at NAMM.

I mean, I've only heard the one unconfirmed rumor so it's all just speculation at this point. But you'd think they'd be more present with the Quatro just coming out. It looks like a pretty cool mixer too - I don't think anyone's done a 4 channel mixer with the pads before unless you count the Traktor S8.
DJ Tecniq 5:56 AM - 20 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I mean, I've only heard the one unconfirmed rumor so it's all just speculation at this point. But you'd think they'd be more present with the Quatro just coming out. It looks like a pretty cool mixer too - I don't think anyone's done a 4 channel mixer with the pads before unless you count the Traktor S8.
The Quatro is all they have right now. I have a bad feeling Mixars won’t last long. Their website was down a few months ago...sure maybe mistake but it was down for days and it’s just really odd how in the google search it barely says anything about the company. While their products have been good i don’t trust them as a company. That’s just my opinion. The fact they never had a confirmed release date for the Primo let alone any announcement just screams shady.
DJ Dre 1800 (Andre) 1:41 PM - 27 May, 2018
ATLVJS - Great post!

That is exactly what we need to hear! I have been DJ'ing for 15 years and have gone through the same experience. I have the NS7, NS6, NS72, SX2, and now the MC7000. I have pretty much used Serato and now have Djay Pro.

But I agree in the 2 USB ports is a huge advantage, and as a mobile DJ, it is good to have a option for any computer issues (overheating - which can happen!!!), or just a backup, and the MC7000 does have that. The separate mic channels are a plus too; I agree in that the mirrored look does take a minute to get used too, and the track selector too, but I agree I don't know what Pioneer is thinking.

The DDJ-SX2 is the perfect size for me being mobile, so I was hoping they would add the dual USBs and MIC inputs for a new SX3, but I haven't heard anything. I love Pioneer is has been nothing but solid for me, but the MC7000 features have all of that and a similar size, while Pioneer is looking to keep building "bigger" with the DDJ-1000 and SZ2. I hope they read this forum for the SX3, and add those key features. It would be like just shut up and take my money!
Dj Ricky Redz 3:17 AM - 3 June, 2018
Quote:
ATLVJS - Great post!

That is exactly what we need to hear! I have been DJ'ing for 15 years and have gone through the same experience. I have the NS7, NS6, NS72, SX2, and now the MC7000. I have pretty much used Serato and now have Djay Pro.

But I agree in the 2 USB ports is a huge advantage, and as a mobile DJ, it is good to have a option for any computer issues (overheating - which can happen!!!), or just a backup, and the MC7000 does have that. The separate mic channels are a plus too; I agree in that the mirrored look does take a minute to get used too, and the track selector too, but I agree I don't know what Pioneer is thinking.

The DDJ-SX2 is the perfect size for me being mobile, so I was hoping they would add the dual USBs and MIC inputs for a new SX3, but I haven't heard anything. I love Pioneer is has been nothing but solid for me, but the MC7000 features have all of that and a similar size, while Pioneer is looking to keep building "bigger" with the DDJ-1000 and SZ2. I hope they read this forum for the SX3, and add those key features. It would be like just shut up and take my money!

Well... they were definitely listening to you, LOL!
www.digitaldjtips.com
DJ Dre 1800 (Andre) 5:33 AM - 3 June, 2018
LOL!! I know right!!! So excited about the new SX3!!!! Woo hoo!!! Launching in mid-June too!!!! My birthday came early!!!!!!!
IPerformer 10:52 AM - 6 June, 2018
Well, I just saw a sample of SX3 here in CZ and no thanks. I will stick with my mc 7000 . Much better build quality and sound.
JDforKing 1:08 PM - 6 June, 2018
Quote:
Well, I just saw a sample of SX3 here in CZ and no thanks. I will stick with my mc 7000 . Much better build quality and sound.

But do you have any problems with your mc7000 using serato?
DJ TooHypE 4:19 PM - 6 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

But do you have any problems with your mc7000 using serato?

I have absolutely no problem with Denon DJ MC7000 & MacBook Pro High Sierra i7 (Mid 2012) 16GB Ram, 1TB SSHD but on my Windows 10 8GB Ram, 500GB tends to get glitchy from time to time I have it tweaked both machines. I'm CompTIA A+ Certified PC Technician
Dj Ricky Redz 3:49 AM - 10 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I just saw a sample of SX3 here in CZ and no thanks. I will stick with my mc 7000. Much better build quality and sound.

But do you have any problems with your mc7000 using Serato?

I have absolutely no problem with Denon DJ MC7000 & MacBook Pro High Sierra i7 (Mid 2012) 16GB Ram, 1TB SSHD but on my Windows 10 8GB Ram, 500GB tends to get glitchy from time to time I have it tweaked both machines. I'm CompTIA A+ Certified PC Technician

After reading up on it I think the mc 7000 would be a better pick!
DJ JulioYEG 1:25 AM - 15 June, 2018
mc7000 had all of the features the sx3 did way before also it has a couple more features than the sx3
benictrs 8:27 PM - 15 June, 2018
Quote:
mc7000 had all of the features the sx3 did way before also it has a couple more features than the sx3

I'm not realy convinced , i would love to have them side by side to compare them sound quality whise . I know from a fact that Pioneer wins with the non mirored layout and quality of build , i dont know what to say about the sound quality untill we don't see a unbiased side by side comparation of the SX3 & MC 7000
DJ JulioYEG 8:41 PM - 15 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not realy convinced , i would love to have them side by side to compare them sound quality whise . I know from a fact that Pioneer wins with the non mirored layout and quality of build , i dont know what to say about the sound quality untill we don't see a unbiased side by side comparation of the SX3 & MC 7000

you literally dont even make sense. lol seccond of all mc7000 is all metal build and sx3 is half plastic half aluminum. yes the mirrored layout is annoying but it tkeas a day to get used to lol i do not know about sound quality either.
DJ JulioYEG 8:47 PM - 15 June, 2018
oh and you wanna talk about layout lets talk about how the sx line only has one track slector knob where as the the mc7000 has one for each deck just like the sz
benictrs 9:32 PM - 15 June, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you literally dont even make sense. lol seccond of all mc7000 is all metal build and sx3 is half plastic half aluminum. yes the mirrored layout is annoying but it tkeas a day to get used to lol i do not know about sound quality either.

What does the " metal build " has to do with sound quality ? I respect if you prefer the controler because it has a metal build & two track selectors .... But from my point of wiev it comes down to SOUND QUALITY between controlers in this price range .
dj_soo 11:00 PM - 15 June, 2018
Because you specifically stated that you think pioneer "wins" on build quality.

Never heard the sx3, but in my experience, anything pioneer makes below the sz or 1000 sounds average at best.
benictrs 11:37 PM - 15 June, 2018
Quote:

Never heard the sx3, but in my experience, anything pioneer makes below the sz or 1000 sounds average at best.

I'm wery sorry if i can't make myself understood , English is not my native language .
But from my knowledge "build quality " is not the same with " sound quality " . I have had the oportunity to use denon's mcx8000 and coming from the sx2 it felt totaly wrong for me .
And i mean that workflow whise it's wrong to me , all my muscle memory was off , and the pots but specialy the feel of the "play & cue "buttons disapointed me even if i make abstraction from their " mirored positioning .
Rebelguy 4:24 PM - 16 June, 2018
The Denon wins in build quality and sound quality. If you can’t adjust to the mirrored layout then it is not for you.
DJ JulioYEG 7:27 PM - 16 June, 2018
Quote:

thank you i was gonna quote him on that lmao.
IPerformer 3:26 PM - 19 June, 2018
Dennon MC 7000 is running like a charm.. and I never had any issue , running on MB pro mid 2015 I7 16GB ram. It has amazing build quality and sound quality.
SG SOUNDS 3:12 AM - 20 June, 2018
Quote:
The Denon wins in build quality and sound quality. If you can’t adjust to the mirrored layout then it is not for you.

what he said
Xtadeus 12:25 PM - 15 September, 2018
Guys hello.

Small question. when we now buy this MC 7000 controller do we get serato DJ pro with it ? Cause most of the webiste I go says : Serato DJ and 3 extension packs Serato Pitch 'n Time, Serato Flip et Serato Vidéo.

thx

Cause it can be a really good price when you need all of these soft coming with the controller as well.
DJ Tecniq 4:44 PM - 15 September, 2018
^ To answer your question it does come with SDJ Pro but no expansions as far as i know. Check the hardware page for details serato.com
DJ TooHypE 5:40 PM - 15 September, 2018
I own MC7000 the license is built on the controller but if you want too use another controller you would need too purchase the software which I do. Also it comes with 3 free expansion PnT, Flip & Video.
DJ TooHypE 5:42 PM - 15 September, 2018
Quote:
Guys hello.

Small question. when we now buy this MC 7000 controller do we get serato DJ pro with it ? Cause most of the webiste I go says : Serato DJ and 3 extension packs Serato Pitch 'n Time, Serato Flip et Serato Vidéo.

thx

Cause it can be a really good price when you need all of these soft coming with the controller as well.

denondj.com

The MC7000 also includes the full version of Serato DJ, plus, 3 creative expansion packs (Pitch ‘n Time, Flip and Video), enabling DJ’s to empower their musical, remix and visual style - to the max!
Jon-Paul Evans 7:33 PM - 3 October, 2018
I really love Denon for their design, layout and features...BUT I have always had issues with their soft buttons that age poorly (denon dn-2500, 4500, mc6000). My play/pause buttons become very stubborn and I am left using the cue point buttons to play tracks.
I hope that makes sense
can anyone comment on the "button build" or feel of the MC7000/8000 in terms of how sturdy they feel? Pioneer have always had impressive response and durability on the buttons. My Numark ns6 had solid response/feel too. Denon gets soggy, stuttery and less responsive over time. Hope this has been resolved.
dj_soo 7:35 PM - 3 October, 2018
Same with my sc3900s. The buttons go way too quick.

All those products are pre InMusic Rane tho, so hopefully they’ve been improved.
Jon-Paul Evans 10:00 PM - 3 October, 2018
Yeah, they don't hold up well especially considering how gentle and protected I treat my equipment. Used for about 70 weddings/events a year, kept in an odyssey rack mount case. Indoor use, basic playing/DJing - just very regular use...and these buttons fail after a couple years. Really shitty. Obviously too soon to tell if the new denon units will last longer but if they have the same feel as previous units I will pass on the whole thing because it is such a pain in the ass. And these 7000/8000s have big launch pad buttons too that will likely fail over a 2 year period.
Like I said - I love Denon for their layout, features and ins/outs (mono/stereo option, xlr booth out, dual usb, dual dedicated mic inputs) but I'm F'ing sick of the shitty button build.

(Venting...)

Anyone else? Input?
Is there a way to clean these button contacts and regain new functionality?
DJ JulioYEG 2:06 AM - 4 October, 2018
the buttons re great and they arent soft and they have a good click to them, cant say i relate tho i have tho i have dns1200s and my softies are still fine. however i have played in clubs where the pio buttons are shot. just my 2 cents
Jon-Paul Evans 6:53 AM - 9 October, 2018
Please watch this video. Now I'm not getting a Denon...

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj_soo 9:28 AM - 9 October, 2018
Denon has had issues with their hard plastic buttons since the early 00s. Ridiculous that they still haven't improved them today.
mixgoonie 10:20 AM - 9 October, 2018
I see some other issues with DDJ SR hardware sometimes, so, i am afraid, the midi controllers are not made to last long...
DJ JulioYEG 2:35 PM - 9 October, 2018
lol im not worried, its a 1300 dollar controller cant expect much. But also remember treat your equipment nicely and dont spam ur play and pause buttons your use hot cues for that they are ment to be abused
Jon-Paul Evans 7:11 PM - 9 October, 2018
Quote:
lol im not worried, its a 1300 dollar controller cant expect much. But also remember treat your equipment nicely and dont spam ur play and pause buttons your use hot cues for that they are ment to be abused

don't act like a 1300 controller is cheap... in the controller segment the mcx8000 is about as expensive as they get (sans ddj sz or ns7)

I'm a wedding and corporate events DJ and I take exceptional care of my stuff. Road cases and only used at events. Not used/stored in dusty dirty areas. I am not aggressive with the use of them. soft presses of the buttons.
Jon-Paul Evans 7:15 PM - 9 October, 2018
Quote:
Denon has had issues with their hard plastic buttons since the early 00s. Ridiculous that they still haven't improved them today.

Quote:

Yup - I've had the denon MC2500 and HC4500 years ago - same crappy buttons. Similar buttons to the old Numark cdn88 - but i never had problems on that kit.

Denon is feature-rich but build-poor

My ns6 mk1 is still working perfectly. Maybe I'll go with the new Numark or stick to the less expensive mc6000 (mc6000 is most convenient for my work anyway)
DJ JulioYEG 8:16 PM - 9 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

don't act like a 1300 controller is cheap... in the controller segment the mcx8000 is about as expensive as they get (sans ddj sz or ns7)

I'm a wedding and corporate events DJ and I take exceptional care of my stuff. Road cases and only used at events. Not used/stored in dusty dirty areas. I am not aggressive with the use of them. soft presses of the buttons.

controllers are cheap in general. youget what you pay for and the use you get out of them, nothing lasts forever
dj_soo 9:20 PM - 9 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yup - I've had the denon MC2500 and HC4500 years ago - same crappy buttons. Similar buttons to the old Numark cdn88 - but i never had problems on that kit.

Denon is feature-rich but build-poor

My ns6 mk1 is still working perfectly. Maybe I'll go with the new Numark or stick to the less expensive mc6000 (mc6000 is most convenient for my work anyway)

Which is stupid because they are both owned by the same company.
Jon-Paul Evans 12:30 AM - 10 October, 2018
Which is stupid because they are both owned by the same company.

Yeah - obviously different build recipes and varying quality control.
Jon-Paul Evans 12:38 AM - 10 October, 2018
Quote:

Quote:

controllers are cheap in general. you get what you pay for and the use you get out of them, nothing lasts forever

I'm not going to argue with you on this - but there are levels of expectation consumers have in terms of what we want from what we buy. There are cheap controllers then there are higher grade pieces (like mcx8000). Maybe not built "tour tough" or built to take a beating like club install rigs... but they should be solid enough for professionals in wedding/corporate industries at the very least.

Frankly if it's turn-over from frequent upgrades they want - I'm not giving it to them. Especially if the reason for upgrading is replacing faulty pieces. I'll buy based on reliability first and features second.
Xtadeus 11:10 AM - 19 December, 2018
I finally made a decision.

I bought the Denon MC7000 and I got Serato DJ PRO, Flip, Video with it ;-)

I paid 730 euros ( 830$ ? )

I am really really happy with it so far !!

I had some problems at the beginning to install the software ( had to remove previous serato versions and all my Microsoft visual c ++ ) but then it worked like a charm ^^
EllzAudio 5:27 AM - 27 March, 2019
Quote:

I had some problems at the beginning to install the software ( had to remove previous serato versions and all my Microsoft visual c ++ ) but then it worked like a charm ^^

... DO YOU LIKE IT??? what's the verdict
DJ JulioYEG 9:39 PM - 27 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

u made the right choice

... DO YOU LIKE IT??? what's the verdict
DJ JulioYEG 9:39 PM - 27 March, 2019
u made the right choice *
Xtadeus 6:40 PM - 28 March, 2019
Hello.

I am really happy with it.

I use it most of the time for lives at home with my computer.

I really like it ! good quality ! No regrets !
DJSquale 4:37 PM - 1 January, 2023
So I have had the SX2 since 2016...I did experience a problem with channel 4 where if pushed all the way up the sound drops out but back it off just a cunt hair and it comes back. The reliability stability and ease of use plus a number of features make me favor my old controller and Serato over rekordbox and pioneer cdjs personally. The mc7000 I bought used from iLL Gates who was given one after doping a promo for the controller using every available feature in the video, impressive...one it has 2 USB s so no having to share a laptop or stop the music to switch DJs and number two the sound card is better I redline at a much lower gain setting and volume of the sx2 considerably before even reaching the yellow on the mc7000, the button layout is slightly different so using shift functions is not as intuitive as the pioneer but overall it handles slightly better. I have had sound connection issues s need the right drivers for the dennon but if you use MacBook then you're good to go with the pioneer. overall I like the mc7000 a little better for the ability to output sound and function but I like my sx2 better when performing it has such reliability the only problems I ever have are with Serato, not the controller.