Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

MC7000 remember jog wheel lights on/off status on program restart

msoultan 11:34 PM - 8 January, 2017
On the MC7000 if you quit SDJ and reload it, the jog wheel lights come back on and I have to hit the appropriate buttons to turn it them. Please have SDJ remember the on/off status for the jog wheel lights so I don't have to keep turning them off every time I restart SDJ.

Thanks,
Mike
HESCHY 11:58 PM - 16 January, 2017
+1
NIC.E 6:18 PM - 26 January, 2017
how did you find out how to turn off the jog lights???? ive even called denon asking them and they didn't know lol
HESCHY 6:21 PM - 26 January, 2017
Quote:
how did you find out how to turn off the jog lights???? ive even called denon asking them and they didn't know lol

shift + Deck1
msoultan 6:22 PM - 26 January, 2017
It's on their FAQ. Hold down SHIFT and press the deck number next to the jog wheel. It's annoying because you have to use the appropriate SHIFT next to that deck - I put in another feature suggestion such that either SHIFT can be used for either deck.
NIC.E 6:22 PM - 26 January, 2017
I got it based on your post... but how did you figure that out? trial and error? am I that lazy....? lol
msoultan 6:24 PM - 26 January, 2017
From here:

www.denondj.com

What are the size and functions of the platters on the Denon DJ MC7000?

The Denon DJ MC7000 has dual 5 1/2" hyper-responsive platters. The capacitive, touch-sensitive platter controls the audio playhead when the wheel is touched and moved.

When the Vinyl button is activated to ON, you can move the platter to scratch the track as you would with a vinyl record.
When the Vinyl button is deactivated to OFF (or if you are touching only the side of the platter), move the platter to temporarily adjust the track’s speed.
While editing a loop, move the platter to adjust the Loop In or Loop Out point.
Press and hold the SHIFT button and then move the platter to move quickly through the track and search through it.
To turn the LED Off, hold the SHIFT button and press the Deck (1, 2, 3 and 4) button on the size you want the LED off.
NIC.E 6:25 PM - 26 January, 2017
wow I'm officially a moron

much appreciated - my retinas were burnin on this thing! jk
msoultan 6:27 PM - 26 January, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty bright. I just wish SDJ would remember how you left it so you don't have to keep turning it off every time you power up the unit - kinda annoying. Would be nice if it also remembered the "vinyl" mode you left it in, too. Hopefully it's an easy fix.
NIC.E 6:28 PM - 26 January, 2017
true... I'm just glad I now can turn off those damn lights in general. thanks again
msoultan 6:36 PM - 26 January, 2017
I'm also going to send a request to Denon to see if they can push for a feature update to remember the LED status because it would be especially helpful. Pointless having to turn it off every time you hook it up, especially if you have to do it for all four decks every time!
juan cardj 12:41 PM - 11 November, 2017
some form of rotating blue light when turning this deck?
DJ TooHypE 9:06 PM - 14 November, 2017
+1

I just purchase my Denon DJ MC7000 last month and I agree the LED is a bit blinding next update Serato DJ 2.0 please =)
juan cardj 7:02 PM - 20 November, 2017
shift + 1 off led
shift + 2 off led
Quote:
+1

I just purchase my Denon DJ MC7000 last month and I agree the LED is a bit blinding next update Serato DJ 2.0 please =)
msoultan 7:43 PM - 20 November, 2017
We know how to turn it off - we want Serato to remember the settings instead of having to do it every time Serato starts...
DJ TooHypE 3:45 AM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
I'm also going to send a request to Denon to see if they can push for a feature update to remember the LED status because it would be especially helpful. Pointless having to turn it off every time you hook it up, especially if you have to do it for all four decks every time!

I'm in the forum post or pm the link please.

+1
DJ TooHypE 3:46 AM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
We know how to turn it off - we want Serato to remember the settings instead of having to do it every time Serato starts...

This +1
DJ TooHypE 4:57 AM - 21 November, 2017
There is a post in Denon DJ about this too.

Ring Leds Brightness & Settings Saved
denondjforum.com