Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ FREEZING + CRASHING Constantly

OfficialDJ3K 10:25 PM - 10 November, 2016
So I've had this problem going for months now. I've been working around it and trying to stay loyal to my software while dealing with the support back and forth. Let me start out by saying I don't what is going on with the support team but they are not helpful whatsoever. I went back and forth with one guy for weeks trying everything he said to do and nothing worked. Eventually I stopped getting replies. I got a couple emails saying the ticket would be closed. I emailed a couple more times and never heard anything.

Now down to the issue. 95% of the time when I close serato (exit + yes) the program will freeze, go non responsive, and unless I kill the app manually it will sit there not responding indefinitely. My history isnt saved, any comments/tag changes I made don't save, crates don't save, crates get corrupted etc. Its a big mess. Like i said I did absolutely everything the support team told me to do and nothing helped. Ive even gone for far as to uninstall. Permanently delete my Serato and Serato backup folder and reinstall. Ive done this with every version of the software since 1.8 and nothing works.

At this point I think it's my computer but it drives my head in circles why in the 3 years I have been using serato this has never happened and now I'm stuck with it. Basically this is my last attempt to get help and fix the problem otherwise I am making the switch to other software. We'll see how Rekordbox dj is doing these days.

Hopefully there is a solution out there.
Thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:57 PM - 10 November, 2016
Hi OfficialDJ3K,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the support you've received from Serato. Can you please give me your ticket number and I'll chase it up with our Support Team?

Cheers,
Michael.
OfficialDJ3K 12:00 AM - 11 November, 2016
The ticket number I believe is #186918. I believe I opened 2 more but this was the back and forth that went on the longest and had the majority of the steps you guys were giving me to try.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:25 AM - 11 November, 2016
Thanks for that. I will follow up with the Support Team and hopefully someone will reply to you soon. I appreciate your patience!
OfficialDJ3K 12:28 AM - 11 November, 2016
Thank you sir
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:09 AM - 11 November, 2016
Not a problem. I see Nathaniel has replied to you now, hopefully we can get your issue resolved!
Morgs 1:33 AM - 11 November, 2016
I had a similar problem here:

serato.com

Then i upgraded to SeratoDJ as i too was sick of the crash on quit. Then now im having this much worse problem:

serato.com

In the past i went through a ticket that resolved nothing, am on a new one now. I really wish there was a guide how to have a stable, reliable system. I would buy whatever laptop that was, work with whatever OSX that was, i just dont think it exists.
OfficialDJ3K 2:03 AM - 11 November, 2016
My system never freezes live. Once its open, its open. Runs fine and smooth. Its closing thats the issue. Than when you launch it your entire library needs and analyze tags and crates are thrown everywhere.
DJ Tecniq 5:08 PM - 11 November, 2016
Are you using an external? What operating system are you on?
OfficialDJ3K 5:24 PM - 11 November, 2016
Windows 10. I'm on my HDD. All my music I spin with is in one big folder together in my music and I used sersto to sort it.
Indigo94 7:40 PM - 11 November, 2016
I was using Serato working on a new mix, and closed my laptop as i have done may times before while it was still running. When I came back to work on it again Serato froze and crashed. Now my pioneer ddj sx2 will not send audio through any of the channels or the master. I have complete control over the mixer there is just no audio being sent. I have reinstalled Serato and nothing. I also tried to update the firmware, but when I hold down the shift and sync buttons to get it into update mode it does nothing. I am on a mac and it tells my the pioneer is not connected when it is through the usb. Can someone please help. At this point I am getting desperate because I am having to miss gigs if I can not solve this issue soon.
Serato, Support
Nathaniel T 10:41 PM - 13 November, 2016
Hey OfficialDJ3K,

Have you had a chance to look into the things I suggested in your help ticket?

Let me know how you get on in the ticket when you get a chance.

Cheers.