Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ freezing, and/or glitching out.

Morgs 3:51 AM - 10 November, 2016
serato dj 1.9.3, Mac late 2013, 8gb, OSC el capitan 10.11.6.

Made the switch from Scratch live 2.5 running Yosemite 10.10.2.

Thought by doing my Rane 62 update, osx update and using your latest software things would be better and for the future.

I had a freeze at a show on friday night, then again the next day at a festival to 6k people. Did a full system wipe and have been running tests all day, using the 2 different usb ports on the mac and freezing up or gflitching out at times.

So livid why i ever decided to change from Scratchlive.

any help?
AddamXavier 5:21 AM - 10 November, 2016
What was the decision to move to El Capitan? I personally am staying on Yosemite for my Mid 2012. I see a lot of people with issues on here and notice they tend to be on El Cap and El Cap DEF had major audio issues early on which made me skittish.

How exactly is it freezing? audio and screen freeze? beach ball?

Also, you may want to submit a help ticket if you haven't already. Thats the best way of getting things figured out
Morgs 1:06 AM - 11 November, 2016
The main decision for moving was because i had the crash on quit problem with scratchlive and Yosemite 10.10.2. I was sick of not being able to quit the program without it crashing and sometimes it wouldnt connect to the Rane 62 and force me to reboot and try again, which is not ideal in a live setting. I thought i could eliminate this and move forward like they tell us too.

Usually when the software freezes it starts slowing down the track and glitching first then just becomes unresponsive. No spinning wheel or anything, i can then even close SeratoDJ, but every aspect of serato dj is on freeze.

I opened a Help ticket, but i have 2 days until im back on tour. Really trying to find a solution. Do i go out right now and buy a late 2015 macbook? will i have the same problems (likely). How do i go back to my 2011 white macbook running SL1.8 which i never had an issue with. :(
Morgs 10:11 PM - 12 November, 2016
I'm actually done. What a joke this 'help' is.