Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Latest Macbook Pro, Scratch Live Quits Unexpectingly when closing.

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Two
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Morgs 6:00 AM - 12 May, 2014
Recently at a show my Macbook had a meltdown and has to be repaired. I was on the road and had shows for the next 10 days so the next morning before my plane i went to a Mac Store a bought a new Macbook Pro 2.6ghz, 8gb, SSHD running OSX 10.9.2.

I managed to download and install Scratch Live 2.5 and copy my show files over just in time and ran it live for the first time in front of 5k people with no hiccups. Until i closed the program after the show and it gave me a "quit unexpectingly error". I played the rest of the week of shows with this problem and it all seems fine, although it does not save my SP-6 samples or any changes to crate order.

I assume this is because of the crash on exit that it isn't saving. I am leaving on a world tour in 2 weeks and really would like to sort this out. I have seen other people with similar problems on the forum but with no real solution. help?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:12 PM - 13 May, 2014
Hey Morgs,

Try rebuilding your databaseV2 file(s) --> serato.com
Morgs 8:10 AM - 20 May, 2014
I finally just got back my SL2 box and tried it with that, and i did not have the same problem, it seemed to work fine and quit normally. Should i still try and do the database rebuild ?
Morgs 8:11 AM - 20 May, 2014
It appears it is only happening with my Rane62.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:31 PM - 20 May, 2014
Try updating to the latest Rane driver --> dj.rane.com

From there, go into the 62's preference pane via System Preference and update the 62's firmware.
Morgs 4:01 AM - 21 May, 2014
Does this not apply to me then?

Caution to Rane Sixty-Two users with firmware 2.14 Installed

serato.com

I am using Scratch Live...
Morgs 4:06 AM - 21 May, 2014
Just updated the firmware anyway and tried anyway, still crashes on exit. I have been using this computer for large performances and its been working fine except on exit, should i revert back to the old firmware incase of unforeseen problems at my shows this weekend ?
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:09 PM - 21 May, 2014
That link is old.

No.. the new firmware is backwards compatible.

So at this point, if you look at the firmware version with the 62's preference pane what version number is it?
Morgs 3:20 AM - 22 May, 2014
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:22 PM - 22 May, 2014
Ok.. do this:

Quit all programs completely.

1. Open your Macintosh HD drive.
2. Click on your HD icon.
3. Click on 'system'.
4. Click 'library'.
5. Click 'Extentions'.
6. Delete the 'SeratoScratchDriver.kext' and/or the SeratoScratchDriver.10.6 or 10.4.kext files.

7. Delete any other Rane hardware .kext files such as SL2.kext, SL3.kext, SL4.kext, Sixty-One.Kext, Sixty-Two.kext, and Sixty-Eight.kext.

Now re install SDJ 1.6.3 and update the driver once you open the program.
Morgs 8:54 AM - 23 May, 2014
Ok i can try this, although i do not use SDJ 1.6.3. I have been using Scratch Live 2.5 ...
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:52 PM - 23 May, 2014
Ok.. just reinstall 2.5 then.
10:08 PM, 10 Jun 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.