Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Scratch Live + SL1 & El Capitan now works?!

perfa 11:06 AM - 16 July, 2016
Heya!

Ok so I've been frustrated for a couple of months now; I haven't used my SL1 for over a year now, and while being offline from the DJing I've upgraded my computer to a newer mac (which doesn't support Mavericks) + El Capitan. So for the last months I've tried to get Mavericks work on my mac in ALL possible combinations, via Parallells, separate partition, etc etc.

So.. today. I saw that Serato DJ beta was released with support of El Capitan, if I understood that correctly (?) I downloaded it + the SL2 drivers, rebooted, plugged the SL1 in and .... wth! It WORKS! IT WORKS!

What the heck have I missed here? :-) is El Capitan now suddenly being supported also for SL1??
DJ Tecniq 1:59 PM - 16 July, 2016
No from my understanding it's not supposed to be supported with SL1 at all... Just cross your fingers and do a lot of testing. Random dropouts may occur.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:04 PM - 16 July, 2016
Of course it is not supported SSLs last version was July 2013. Last supported operating system was Mavericks. If it works it works that's just it.

If it didn't work before you installed el captain sl-2 drivers then it will be the something todo with the files from ssl that the new drivers remove that must of let the SL-1 work.
perfa 4:37 PM - 16 July, 2016
Quote:
Of course it is not supported SSLs last version was July 2013. Last supported operating system was Mavericks. If it works it works that's just it.

If it didn't work before you installed el captain sl-2 drivers then it will be the something todo with the files from ssl that the new drivers remove that must of let the SL-1 work.

Yeah I understand what you're saying here, but this has been an issue for a long time now. And then suddenly it just works, out of nowhere.

So if anyone else who wants to run SL1 on El Capitan, and I hope I'm not lying here but here's what I did:

1) Install latest Scratch Live and latest Serato DJ.
2) Install SL2-drivers.
3) Reboot.

And that's just it. It worked like a charm for me. Anyone from Rane/Serato who could confirm this might the solution for SL1-users? And yes, absolutely I'll upgrade to SL2/3/4 somewhere soon, but this is just terrific til then! :-)
perfa 5:22 AM - 30 July, 2016
Bumping this, just to see that this isn't any coinsidence: am I the only one with this working solution? :)
Ragman 5:35 AM - 30 July, 2016
I just posted this thread here ---> serato.com
to see if it will work for that guy
perfa 5:50 AM - 30 July, 2016
Quote:
I just posted this thread here ---> serato.com
to see if it will work for that guy

Cool man, cheers!
DJDUB 3:50 PM - 30 July, 2016
I had the same issue.

Just tried installing both scratch live and scratch dj

restarted my computer

and the scratch live works now for my SL1!!!!!!!!!!

thank you
weezy 9:58 AM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

So if anyone else who wants to run SL1 on El Capitan, and I hope I'm not lying here but here's what I did:

2) Install SL2-drivers.
3) Reboot.

And that's just it. It worked like a charm for me. Anyone from Rane/Serato who could confirm this might the solution for SL1-users? And yes, absolutely I'll upgrade to SL2/3/4 somewhere soon, but this is just terrific til then! :-)

how did you manage to install scratch live with El Capitan running ?? I get "failed installation" every time i try. thanks, Ray.
perfa 5:15 AM - 4 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2) Install SL2-drivers.
3) Reboot.

how did you manage to install scratch live with El Capitan running ?? I get "failed installation" every time i try. thanks, Ray.

Hey,

Yeah I followed this tutorial:

serato.com
djdoogle123 12:27 AM - 20 August, 2016
hi i have a sl 1 and running el caption,

from what i read there seemed to be a problem with installing scratch live and getting the sl 1 to work, (the problem I'm having after dusting off my sl1 to play a set this weekend)

now from what i read the problem seems to be fixed for some users using the same software/hardware.

is this correct?

i tried installing and all i get is error message when installing,

tried installing sl2 drivers instead. obviously this made no difference.

any help would be grateful,

hopefully before my set lol

many thanks

luke
perfa 5:13 AM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:
hi i have a sl 1 and running el caption,

from what i read there seemed to be a problem with installing scratch live and getting the sl 1 to work, (the problem I'm having after dusting off my sl1 to play a set this weekend)

now from what i read the problem seems to be fixed for some users using the same software/hardware.

is this correct?

i tried installing and all i get is error message when installing,

tried installing sl2 drivers instead. obviously this made no difference.

any help would be grateful,

hopefully before my set lol

many thanks

luke

Hey,

Yep it works!
First, follow this tutorial to install SL: serato.com

Works?
Then follow my first post.
djdoogle123 2:10 PM - 20 August, 2016
hi thanks for the reply,

i tried your tutorial but still got errors,

did you mean i have to do the install with terminal

regards

luke
perfa 3:38 PM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:
hi thanks for the reply,

i tried your tutorial but still got errors,

did you mean i have to do the install with terminal

regards

luke

Sorry, you need to provide more info...
Where do you get errors? Did you follow the tutorial via the link I provided in the last post I gave you?

Pär
djdoogle123 3:50 PM - 20 August, 2016
yes i was being dumb,

thank you so much it now works!!!!!

such a good little backdoor,

i can't thank you enough!

regards

luke
perfa 4:36 PM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:
yes i was being dumb,

thank you so much it now works!!!!!

such a good little backdoor,

i can't thank you enough!

regards

luke

Cheers! :)
Ice-C 10:28 AM - 3 November, 2016
Hey there,

I can confirm @perfa post.

I just had to buy a new Macbook Pro, because my old one died at the last show. Unfortunately you could only get new ones with El Capitan already installed. I am still a happy SL1 User since day one, so I was really curious about what´s about to happen because I already read the topics about the issues in advanced.

So this is what I did last night:
- Unbox and updated the OSX to 10.11.6
- Downloaded Scratch Live 2.5 from the Homepage
- Installed (first got an error because of the App Store restriction, but then deactivated it)
- Got an error Message at the end, that the installation failed
- But somehow the SSL Icon was located inside the Program Folders
- Installed the Rane SSL2 Drivers from the package
- Started SSL 2.5 by clicking the icon and connected the SL1 Box --> WORKED!
- Set latency to the lowest point and played 30minutes --> NO ISSUES!

I don´t know exactly what it could be, since I really was expecting that it won´t work.

So maybe it´s the 10.11.6. update with the SSL2 drivers?
Funny thing is, that when the SL1 Box is connected and you open the SL2 tool, it doesen´t detect the box.

So my questions now:
- Is it just lucky coincidence?
- Should I be concerned about, that the initial installation failed at the end?

I am really insecure because I don´t want to play the next show with that kind of "blackbox", so any other experiences would be really helpful.

THX @all!

ICE-C
DJ DOOK 5:08 PM - 26 July, 2018
My Serato Scratch Live works with Maverick and Yosemite. Are you talking about Yosemite? It doesn't work with El Capitan unless we're missing something. My older laptop has Yosemite 10.10.5 and both Scratch Live and DJ Pro work on it. My newer laptop with El Capitan 10.11.3 will not accept Scratch Live.
DJ DOOK 5:22 PM - 26 July, 2018
My Serato Scratch Live works with Maverick and Yosemite. Are you talking about Yosemite? It doesn't work with El Capitan unless we're missing something. I installed Yosemite 10.10.5 on another macbook air and both Scratch Live and DJ Pro work on it.