Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Scratch Live Original Hardware Question

DJDUB 2:59 AM - 30 July, 2016
So I have not been mixing constantly for years.... and nothing for the past year or so as my old computer I used became inept... I recently saved all of my music from it and the computer is basically dead now. I have a new mac and I wanted to mix again on occasion for fun so I went to download scratch live on my mew mac.......

First the site suggested I use scratch DJ....... but I do not have SL2 or 3 i have the original (I guess SL1)

So i found the download for scratch live...... but when I tried to download it there was a message saying it will not work on El Capitan (which of course I have)

I went to check out the SL2 and its $500............

So my question is. would it be worth it to downgrade my operating system so I can use my old hardware?
I assume that is the only answer unless I want to pay for an SL2?????
This is my only Mac and I am not sure how wise it is to downgrade the operating system.

Thank You
deejdave 4:22 AM - 30 July, 2016
There are plenty of people using ssl with El Capitan with no issues. It is not officially supported but this in NO WAY means it will definitely not work. You may even have a better experience than before TBH.
Ragman 5:16 AM - 30 July, 2016
Quote:
So I have not been mixing constantly for years.... and nothing for the past year or so as my old computer I used became inept... I recently saved all of my music from it and the computer is basically dead now. I have a new mac and I wanted to mix again on occasion for fun so I went to download scratch live on my mew mac.......

First the site suggested I use scratch DJ....... but I do not have SL2 or 3 i have the original (I guess SL1)

So i found the download for scratch live...... but when I tried to download it there was a message saying it will not work on El Capitan (which of course I have)

I went to check out the SL2 and its $500............

So my question is. would it be worth it to downgrade my operating system so I can use my old hardware?
I assume that is the only answer unless I want to pay for an SL2?????
This is my only Mac and I am not sure how wise it is to downgrade the operating system.

Thank You

You might want to check this out ---> serato.com
DJDUB 3:49 PM - 30 July, 2016
IT WORKED!!!!
Ragman 5:39 PM - 30 July, 2016
Quote:
IT WORKED!!!!

Nice! Good for you DJDUB. ;-)
perfa 5:19 AM - 4 August, 2016
Quote:
IT WORKED!!!!

Perfect! :)