DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

FIX/ WORKAROUND ! Serato Scratch Live + TTM57 + El Capitan

pondy 5:27 PM - 13 October, 2015
I followed the link below, however I tried reinstalling SSL 2.5 and it still didn't work.
The fix for me was to just delete the SeratoScratchDriver.kext file under Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions and it amazingly started working ! I tried this with a clean install and an upgrade from Yosemite, both worked fine.

I also tried the public beta for 10.11.1, before deleting the file, it didn't help.

support.serato.com
Stevie_D 11:54 PM - 7 November, 2015
Hi guys,

I have Serato Scratch Live 2.5 and a Rane TTM57 - I just upgraded to OSX El Capitan (accidentally- yes I know, a HUGE mistake) and now Serato is not working.

Some people are saying that Scratch Live DOES work with El Capitan- but mine does not. I tried deleting the SeratoScratchDriver.kext file and that did not work. Besides downgrading back to Yosemite are there any other options?

Thanks for any help.
edenterrorist 1:28 AM - 14 November, 2015
Hi all, I found an additional workaround and this might work for you Stevie D.

After I deleted SeratoScratchDriver.kext and got my 57SL working with Scratch Live on El Capitan I then decided to install all the other drivers that come with the package and somehow screwed my whole workaround up and for some reason I found I couldn't fresh reinstall Scratch Live so...

1.) Download Scratch Live again.
2.) Restart your Mac holding down Command-R until the Apple logo appears.
3.) From the Utilities menu, select Terminal.
4.) In the Terminal window, type this:

csrutil disable

5.) Press Enter/Return. This turns off the part of SIP that will let you run a fresh Scratch Live install again.
6.) Type reboot and press Enter/Return to restart your Mac.
7.) After the restart you can install Scratch Live.

NOW IMPORTANT

8.) Restart again once you install holding down Command-R until the Apple logo appears.
9.) From the Utilities menu, select Terminal.
10.) In the Terminal window, type this:

csrutil enable

11.) Press Enter/Return. This turns back on the part of SIP you disabled temporarily.

11a.) I can't remember if I then deleted SeratoScratchDriver.kext again from Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions or just moved on to step 12.

12.) Turn on your 57SL and plug in the USB.
13.) Launch Scratch Live and hopefully you're back in action like I was, I'll update if this method stops working at some point.

Cheers Tim on a...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Running OSX El Capitan - Version 10.11.1
DJ Damione 3:34 PM - 17 November, 2015
Does This work?
Stevie_D 5:40 PM - 17 November, 2015
Yes it does! I've tested it (without enabling csrutil) but it does work.

@edenterrorist- Do you know if this would also enable Serato DJ to work? Or does it only work with Serato Scratch Live?
edenterrorist 10:17 PM - 17 November, 2015
@Stevie_D - not sure sorry, don't use Serato DJ, is the fix still working for you then? That's great, haven't had time to check mine yet.

@DJ Damion - read what csrutil does - so make sure it gets turned back on afterwards (step 8 onwards)

here's why... www.howtogeek.com
Stevie_D 11:11 PM - 17 November, 2015
Darn- I have a gig at the beginning of next month and the mixer they use requires Serato DJ..

Anyhow- the fix does still work, however, I have not enabled csrutil yet.
timmytoga 12:01 AM - 28 November, 2015
I was unable to install Scratch Live on my iMac (El Capitan) with my SL2 as the install would always fail. I followed the above steps and got it to work! Thanks!!!
Jeca 8:32 PM - 30 November, 2015
Really worked for me too!! just plugged it in for a short test but it looks really good. Rane 68 is recognized like before with your work around, thank you for that!
Panagiotis Terzopoulos 10:59 AM - 5 December, 2015
does this work also with sl1??thanks
DJ Awedio 6:03 PM - 4 January, 2016
Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me. DOe sthis not work for with a the TTM 57SL mixer?

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Running El Capitan vers. 10.11.2
DJ Awedio 9:06 PM - 4 January, 2016
EUREKA!!!!

Thank you edenterrorist!!!
DJ ROB E ROB 4:40 AM - 5 January, 2016
edenterrorist this DEFINATELY HELP ME OUT THANK YOU
DJCamouflage 11:03 PM - 22 February, 2016
For some reason my 57 will only connect with it disabled. When I I enable it back and restart it is back to normal and does not connect? Is there a fix to this? And would it be bad to leave this disabled?
Stevie_D 3:06 AM - 23 February, 2016
Mine has been disabled for a few months now with no issues (knock on wood...), but eventually I will turn it back on.
DJ Tee Corner 5:31 PM - 6 March, 2016
why scratchlive don't work on El Caption and i using Rane SL4 . Damn
pdidy 9:03 PM - 6 March, 2016
only use these WORKAROUNDs if you are a bedroom, hobbyist, enthusiast dj.

professional djs should avoid and stay completely away from this.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 10:07 PM - 6 March, 2016
Quote:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

But what if they are professional bedroom DJ's?
DJ Irv 2:56 PM - 7 March, 2016
So at the very minimum if you are going to shut off SIP you should run AntiVirus software and be mindful that you're mac is not as secure as it could be.
DJ Remy USA 4:26 PM - 7 March, 2016
make this a sticky mods, Im ACSP and I tested this at my job and its pretty accurate. I would make this sticky because Ive saved 3 DJs so far who upgraded to El Capitan. I could not get it working so I had to roll everyone back to Yosemite now that I found this super dope stuff.
pdidy 4:32 PM - 7 March, 2016
Quote:
make this a sticky mods, Im ACSP and I tested this at my job and its pretty accurate. I would make this sticky because Ive saved 3 DJs so far who upgraded to El Capitan. I could not get it working so I had to roll everyone back to Yosemite now that I found this super dope stuff.

what ?
DJ Remy USA 4:37 PM - 7 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

what ?

training.apple.com
pdidy 4:48 PM - 7 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what ?

training.apple.com

No, read what you wrote something is very confusing there.
LG-Roc 4:57 AM - 6 April, 2016
@edenterrorist Bro! God bless you to the left, to the left!
I can`t believe this thing worked on my 17 inch macbook pro 2011.
SeratoScratchDriver.kext was deleted in the first attempt, so when i installed again it didn`t re-appeared.
It works fine!
Eddie Mash 3:56 PM - 4 June, 2016
Hi @edenterrorist - I have the same issue as above, upgraded to el capitan and now SSL won't work on my Rane TTM57SL mixer. I have contacted Rane and Serato, both of whom have told me to revert to an old Mac OS. I don't want to be stuck in time forever here on this old OS.

I'm keen on trying this workaround although I cannot for the life of me find the SeratoScratchLive.kext file on my MacBook Pro 13" retina. In fact, I can't even find the Mackintosh HD, nor systems, nor library, nor extensions folders. I know I'm a complete technophobe, but can you help me find this .kext file in the first place on my mac? I'll then go through and follow the steps you suggest.

Thanks!
Crackpipe 6:13 PM - 4 June, 2016
Quote:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I have decided not to disable SIP because pdidy knows everything about SSL and how it interacts with the OS X kernel. He's provided so much insight as to why pro dj's should avoid this. He must be an Apple engineer and heavily involved with developing distros.

Thank you for your warning!
Crackpipe 6:17 PM - 4 June, 2016
Quote:
So at the very minimum if you are going to shut off SIP you should run AntiVirus software and be mindful that you're mac is not as secure as it could be.

You do not need to run Antivirus if you are going around clicking on every link carelessly and downloading and installing random shit.

The same goes for Windows 10 users and Windows 8.1.
Crackpipe 6:18 PM - 4 June, 2016
** if you aren't going around
pdidy 3:32 PM - 5 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I have decided not to disable SIP because pdidy knows everything about SSL and how it interacts with the OS X kernel. He's provided so much insight as to why pro dj's should avoid this. He must be an Apple engineer and heavily involved with developing distros.

Thank you for your warning!

love the sarcasm....lol
Eddie Mash 10:09 PM - 6 June, 2016
I've now worked through all the steps above including 11a (deleting the .kext file again) and it hasn't worked. I am on a MacBook Pro 2015, and running on SSL version 2.4.2 - should I be running a newer version of SSL? I have had trouble installing newer versions. I will try again without step 11a. Remaining hopeful...
djkurve 10:31 PM - 6 June, 2016
So this is totally random, but I had a guest DJ come spin a set with me this past Saturday night. He was a SSL guy and I was a SDJ. I use SDJ via the 900NXS Club Kit + Two CDJ 2000's via HID mode. So I hooked up an SL1 box to the 900NXS/CDJ 2000's (prior to the club opening) and wanted to see if it would work on my 2012 El Capitan MacBook Pro. To my surprise SSL detected the SL1 and worked with the CDJ 2000's! (75 min time code signal on SD card) I only tested in for about 10 minutes though, but it didn't skip a beat during my testing.
Matysm 11:45 PM - 3 July, 2016
Hi, I attempted to do this to my 2012 Retina with Capitan and I do not get the Terminal options at the Utilities window that pops up. I am forced to reboot to access Terminal. Anyone experience this? Thanks
Lukis Brown 1:08 AM - 24 July, 2016
I happened to upgrade to El Captain, to which I was unable to use Scratch Live. I downloaded Serato DJ and had issues with my iTunes library showing up on Serato. I found a way to fix that issue, but when I found out I could not use my SL1, I was done! I have followed all the Steps that @edenterrorist suggested and the only step missing would be in Step 11, which would be to type (Reboot, then enter) to return your operating system back to normal. @edenterrorist Thx a lot Bro! #givethanks
djitl 6:45 PM - 4 August, 2016
I have played a 2,5 hour set today SL3 + El Capitain on my retina mbp.
Cdj's connected HID mode.

No weird things...ran smooth as fuck!

I took the risk because i was curious and could afford any dropouts to happen.

@Serato....would be great if you guys could setup a nerdy (after work hours) devision within your team to maybe work on SSL 3.0 or SSL2k16!!! Skip minor release and go major! I am guessing lots of dj's that dont need SDJ extra's would be very happy and even willing to pay for a license ;-).
PopRoXxX 6:46 PM - 4 August, 2016
SSL is dead man. Over. Done. No development will ever go back into it
DJ Remy USA 2:49 PM - 5 August, 2016
Quote:
SSL is dead man. Over. Done. No development will ever go back into it

this its dead gotta let it go as much as it hurts
edenterrorist 6:36 AM - 7 August, 2016
What if Serato made it open source so a team of enthusiasts could fix it?
DJ Irv 4:13 PM - 7 August, 2016
Quote:
What if Serato made it open source so a team of enthusiasts could fix it?

Will never happen. They would like to stay in control of the code, licensing, etc.

Mixxx is already free and open source if you want to throw your coding talents behind it.
Culprit 5:54 AM - 9 August, 2016
No way Serato would ever let it go open source. It wouldn't make sense, just easier to sell the rights to the software to someone else and retire on that money to be honest.

I can see mixxx getting somewhere. Some of the best software on the internet is free, you just need to pay for the support if you want it.

Apache, MySQL, MEGUI, Avisynth, OpenOffice, Linux, just the few I use.
djdoogle123 3:49 PM - 20 August, 2016
hi digidubs great walkthrough ..... thank you so much you legend!!!!!

regards luke
record player 8:00 AM - 25 August, 2016
So I have a ttm57sl and it is basically outdated and no simple fix to use a recent version SSL or SDJ? My only option is is to use the 'work around' above? Friends now can't use serato on my mixer now?
Really Rane / Serato? Seriously?...
record player 8:01 AM - 25 August, 2016
Bedroom dj or professional dj, either way not cool.
pdidy 9:42 AM - 25 August, 2016
Quote:
So I have a ttm57sl and it is basically outdated and no simple fix to use a recent version SSL or SDJ? My only option is is to use the 'work around' above? Friends now can't use serato on my mixer now?
Really Rane / Serato? Seriously?...

"Rane / Serato? Seriously?" The problem is not rane or Serato, the problem is you and your friends.
record player 6:13 AM - 26 August, 2016
Hi pdidy,
dude you don't have to be harsh, it sucks to have perfectly good gear go obsolete because of lack of software support.
Your bio says you have the same mixer, did you find a solution for yourself?
Is that the playground where you and your friends party? Don't forget to lock your bike.
LoLyfe 8:03 AM - 26 August, 2016
SMH. im not defending pdidy (but that was kinda funny). nonetheless Didy has been saying to stay away from the updates (which Im stuck on Yosemite until shit gets resolved...which I guess it won't).

I also have old gear and have to realize that there is no future without parting SSL at some point.
record player 8:38 AM - 26 August, 2016
Hi LoLyfe
Have you had success with SSL 2.5 and Yosemite? I put off upgrading the OS as long as I could but jumped from 10.8 to 10.11 a few months ago for VJ gear requirements, not by choice.
Just too bad that SDJ doesn't recognize the 57SL but will the pick up the 57SLMKII... missed the cut-off I guess (different firmware? or harware?).
LoLyfe 9:01 AM - 26 August, 2016
Quote:
Hi LoLyfe
Have you had success with SSL 2.5 and Yosemite? I put off upgrading the OS as long as I could but jumped from 10.8 to 10.11 a few months ago for VJ gear requirements, not by choice.
Just too bad that SDJ doesn't recognize the 57SL but will the pick up the 57SLMKII... missed the cut-off I guess (different firmware? or harware?).

so I bought my MBP brand new in Jan of 2015 so it shipped with Yosemite. I have always used the latest versions and had no issues. I cannot advise what is the best way to upgrade or weather you should upgrade but my setup is as follows:

2.5TB of music and video on a 4TB Seagate USB bus powered external
MBP is fully decked out but only has 500 GB SSD (no music/videos stored here)

I use my DDJ-SX 1-2 times a week and using SDJ (ver 1.9.2)
I use my TTM-57 (1st gen) at least once a week SSL (ver 2.5.0)
I do video on both SSL and SDJ thru ME2 with no problems. (ME3 glitched on playback for me).

My MBP Specs:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Hope this helps.
Culprit 3:55 PM - 26 August, 2016
it will work but you have to disable root protection. It's not recommended really, but to advanced user's (like myself) i deem it overkill protection (not like it's a bad thing really..)

osxdaily.com
LoLyfe 4:01 PM - 26 August, 2016
Quote:
it will work but you have to disable root protection. It's not recommended really, but to advanced user's (like myself) i deem it overkill protection (not like it's a bad thing really..)

osxdaily.com

Culprit knows his stuff so I would trust his advise.
record player 6:56 PM - 26 August, 2016
Thanks for the extra info.
Just to confirm... I need to revert back to Yosemite, no El Capitan workaround?
I'll start the process to get back on track, better than changing my mixer at this point.
Culprit 7:01 PM - 26 August, 2016
No, check my comment above. I posted the work around link. It's not really recommended, but will work.
LoLyfe 7:05 PM - 26 August, 2016
If you are already on el Capitan I would say try their steps first to avoid the headache of going backwards.
record player 8:14 PM - 26 August, 2016
perfect, thanks...
record player 9:27 PM - 26 August, 2016
this was the advice from the Serato tech: "The 57SL and Scratch Live both don't support the use of Mac OS X 10.11. You will need to contact Apple support to roll back to a previous OS X if you wish to use these two products."

I'm waiting to hear more from them, but I'm figuring you guys can help me way more.

your added info and clarity helps a bunch.
Culprit 9:56 PM - 26 August, 2016
Yeah, they would never advise to ditch the rootless protection, but it works because I have done it to a few machines.

You can try to ditch rootless protection, or roll back to a previous osx.

osxdaily.com

again, it is not recommended by Serato or Apple. Use at your own risk.

Good luck.
Logisticalstyles 2:20 PM - 28 August, 2016
Quote:
Im ACSP and I tested this at my job

Remy, how difficult was the test? My job sent me to the training class for that exam but I haven't taken the test yet. I took the online ACA exam and passed so my boss was happy with just that but I want to take the actual proctored exam.
DJ Remy USA 1:19 AM - 29 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Im ACSP and I tested this at my job

Remy, how difficult was the test? My job sent me to the training class for that exam but I haven't taken the test yet. I took the online ACA exam and passed so my boss was happy with just that but I want to take the actual proctored exam.

The test has no CLI questions so its all GUI based questions an experienced mac user could pass with just doing the prerequisite training class. I think its mandatory before Apple will even let you take the cert exam at least thats how it was explained when I took it.
DJ Remy USA 1:21 AM - 29 August, 2016
You used to have to go to Cupertino to take the exam but they offer proctors now but finding testing isnt the easiest so good thing my job paid for it all and sort of made me do it lol.
Logisticalstyles 1:29 AM - 29 August, 2016
My job made me pick a goal for the year and I choose Mac training and certification. They sent me to Manhattan last month for a three day crash course. I learned a lot and I use a Mac daily at work and of course for DJing, so I think I should be able to pass the test. I believe it only takes a 75% or better to pass. Right now I'm reviewing the class notes and the book.
DJ Remy USA 4:21 AM - 29 August, 2016
Yea youll be good its super consumer focused the test and less focused on actual super technical stuff
racksi 9:31 PM - 29 August, 2016
SSL with SL1 on El Capitan

I bought new mac book pro 15inc os version 10.11.4 El Capitan

and i have SL1 which says it wont support my system
please help me out

1- which version of serato i should download ???

2- will vdjing be smooth on this system?

3- my laptop is new havent installed anything yet
Culprit 12:00 AM - 30 August, 2016
Serato DJ does not support the SL1 since the SL1 has been end of life since the SL2 release.

Download the Latest version of Serato Scratch Live, which is 2.5

remove rootless protection from your OSX and it should work.

Again, all this has been explained about 3 times already in this thread, so go ahead and do some research.

As always, it is not recommended to disable rootless protection, so this will be at your own risk.
DJ_90 12:01 PM - 19 October, 2016
I have spent the best part of a year using work arounds a different laptop and moving new music all over the show to make sure I have the most current crates etc... I took a few days off work and finally bit the bullet and did it properly.

This involved;
1) Obtaining Mavericks OS and creating USB boot media
2) Backing up music again onto local media (External HDD)
3) Repartitioning my existing drive into 2 areas - Current / Mavericks (for Serato)
4) Build Mavericks partition
5) Reinstall ScratchLive and build crates.

What took the longest time here was getting the info to build the Mavericks USB boot media. To that end I have created image of the media to simplify the process for anyone else looking to do the same.

Will write a short guide is anyone will find it useful and also post the image on dropbox.

Thanks
DJ90
Culprit 6:47 PM - 19 October, 2016
Yosemite works fine too, it's el captain and beyond with root protection that's disabling scratchlive
YZ 6:14 PM - 21 October, 2016
Sup fellas, I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6 and this is still not working, any advice?

Uninstalled SeratoDJ
Disabled root protection, rebooted
Installed ScratchLive
Rebooted
Run ScratchLive and it still says "hardware disconnected"

Anything else to try here?
Culprit 7:22 PM - 21 October, 2016
Should work. Double check you disabled root protection, also delete the Serato driver next file
Culprit 7:22 PM - 21 October, 2016
Kext file
YZ 9:35 PM - 30 November, 2016
didn't work for me. Just repaired my 62 so I'm back with the times :)
Culprit 10:21 PM - 30 November, 2016
Quote:
didn't work for me. Just repaired my 62 so I'm back with the times :)

Cool, man i've hacked about 4 laptops with this workaround and all worked. Sorry didn't work for your situation dude.
Sewerside 7:14 PM - 14 December, 2016
this works for me , just with deleting kext serato file , but only issue im facing is half second glitch very often .. im using sl1 on el capitan 10.11.6 , should i downgrade ?
deejayfatcat 10:18 PM - 14 December, 2016
Is it unusual that I made a EC partition on my 2012MBP to test SSL 2.5 and it recognized the SL1 and functioned properly with no OS mods?
The Human Error 2:24 PM - 28 December, 2016
Wow thanks a lot edenterrorist! Just upgraded to a new laptop early 2015 13", I couldn't install ssl until I followed your tips. :)

LONG LIVE SSL!
The Human Error 2:25 PM - 28 December, 2016
Forgot to say Im using SL3...
Crackpipe 4:51 PM - 28 December, 2016
Quote:
this works for me , just with deleting kext serato file , but only issue im facing is half second glitch very often .. im using sl1 on el capitan 10.11.6 , should i downgrade ?

What is this "half second glitch"?

I'm not running a 57SL, but I'm running a 2015 macbook with El Cappy w/ SL3 on a 56ttm and it works flawlessly.

But I did install SSL 2.5 correctly the first time (disable SIP, install SSL 2.5, enable SIP) so it did not have leftover files from a failed attempt that some of you have.
Sound 6:53 AM - 29 December, 2016
to all dj's w/ ttm57sl (1st gen) macbook pro (2015) and scratchlive who are getting the dreaded " no hardware" icon. What I did was install 2.2, then deleted all the kext. files. upgraded to 2.5. DO NOT TRASH 2.2 open 2.5, close it. then open 2.2 keep both versions of the apps.
Rick Hodgkins 10:55 PM - 13 January, 2017
This did not work for me, tried several times.
Went to disable scrutil and get "failed to modify system integrity configuration. This tool needs to be executed from the Recovery OS." on 10.11.6

Any other ideas?
Culprit 9:06 PM - 14 January, 2017
Quote:
This did not work for me, tried several times.
Went to disable scrutil and get "failed to modify system integrity configuration. This tool needs to be executed from the Recovery OS." on 10.11.6

Any other ideas?

you need to reboot the computer and enter recovery mode and run that command. That's the only way to do it.
DJ Kelo The Energy 5:42 PM - 25 January, 2017
Simple, but slightly technical solution.
1) Delete the Kext file.

2) Delete Scratch live.

3) Empty trash (very important ).

4) Do a fresh install of Scratch Live 1.9.1.

5) Upgrade it to the Scratch Live 2.5, by simply installing it.

6) Plug i SLl1 box and launch Scratch Live. It would pull the drivers from the box. That's it. The two decks should show up. Cross reference to make sure it works by trying it with a TTM57. It should work as usual after.

Just to add to that...
To locate KEXT file.
1) Open Macintosh HD

2) Click on system

3) Click on Library

4) Scroll down till you see "SeratoScratchDriver.kext". select it, and delete it.

5) EMPTY TRASH!!! MOST IMPORTANT!!!

OS X Yosemite 10.10
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
djkreshbeatz 8:17 PM - 8 February, 2018
Quote:
Hi all, I found an additional workaround and this might work for you Stevie D.

After I deleted SeratoScratchDriver.kext and got my 57SL working with Scratch Live on El Capitan I then decided to install all the other drivers that come with the package and somehow screwed my whole workaround up and for some reason I found I couldn't fresh reinstall Scratch Live so...

1.) Download Scratch Live again.
2.) Restart your Mac holding down Command-R until the Apple logo appears.
3.) From the Utilities menu, select Terminal.
4.) In the Terminal window, type this:

csrutil disable

5.) Press Enter/Return. This turns off the part of SIP that will let you run a fresh Scratch Live install again.
6.) Type reboot and press Enter/Return to restart your Mac.
7.) After the restart you can install Scratch Live.

NOW IMPORTANT

8.) Restart again once you install holding down Command-R until the Apple logo appears.
9.) From the Utilities menu, select Terminal.
10.) In the Terminal window, type this:

csrutil enable

11.) Press Enter/Return. This turns back on the part of SIP you disabled temporarily.

11a.) I can't remember if I then deleted SeratoScratchDriver.kext again from Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions or just moved on to step 12.

12.) Turn on your 57SL and plug in the USB.
13.) Launch Scratch Live and hopefully you're back in action like I was, I'll update if this method stops working at some point.

Cheers Tim on a...

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Running OSX El Capitan - Version 10.11.1

Thanx a lot! All is working!!!
djkreshbeatz 8:17 PM - 8 February, 2018
Hi everyone!

I used @edenterrorist the workaround

All is running!

I am using:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Running OSX High Sierra - Version 10.13.3
DJ G-Rebel 10:38 AM - 14 March, 2018
Quote:
Hi everyone!

I used @edenterrorist the workaround

All is running!

I am using:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Running OSX High Sierra - Version 10.13.3

Hi djkreshbeatz.

Did have any dropouts or major problems using serato scratch live and high sierra?
I'm currently on Yosemite 10.10.5. and if it works with scratch live i would upgrade to high sierra.
djkreshbeatz 9:11 AM - 5 April, 2018

Hi djkreshbeatz.

Did have any dropouts or major problems using serato scratch live and high sierra?
I'm currently on Yosemite 10.10.5. and if it works with scratch live i would upgrade to high sierra.

Hi, G-Rebel!
No, I did not. I am working per 3 hours, and SSL works good
DJ G-Rebel 4:56 PM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:
Hi djkreshbeatz.

Hi, G-Rebel!

Hi djkreshbeatz!
Is it possible to run both programs SSL and SDJ if you update to High Sierra?
I've tried this one time with another os x and with the workaround you could only run Scratch Live after the fix.
djkreshbeatz 5:48 PM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Hi djkreshbeatz.

Hi, G-Rebel!

Hi djkreshbeatz!
I've tried this one time with another os x and with the workaround you could only run Scratch Live after the fix.

I think that it makes no sense to include both programs
DJ G-Rebel 5:54 PM - 5 April, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi djkreshbeatz.

Hi, G-Rebel!

Hi djkreshbeatz!

I don't want to run both programs simultaneously but if i can choose it's good. :)
DjSamOmol 9:04 AM - 11 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi djkreshbeatz.

Hi, G-Rebel!

Hi djkreshbeatz!

If you play at different venues where they have their own gear you only need to bring in your laptop, you will realise some venues still have the 57 so you need SSL....and some venues have newer mixer that only play SDJ..
being able to have both is a real concern for many.
AKIEM 12:16 PM - 11 May, 2018
I keep an SSL partition on my laptop. Still use my 57 often.
Culprit 3:19 PM - 11 May, 2018
The crsutil disable has worked for me just fine.
DJ Remy USA 2:11 AM - 14 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi djkreshbeatz.

Hi, G-Rebel!

Hi djkreshbeatz!

If you play at different venues where they have their own gear you only need to bring in your laptop, you will realise some venues still have the 57 so you need SSL....and some venues have newer mixer that only play SDJ..
being able to have both is a real concern for many.

True I now just bring my sl3 in my bag everywhere something dont work in goes the sl3
DJ Remy USA 2:12 AM - 14 May, 2018
Quote:

57 stopped working for me I did everything I could do and this use to work but now it just wont recognize so I gave up on it
Culprit 2:16 AM - 15 May, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

57 stopped working for me I did everything I could do and this use to work but now it just wont recognize so I gave up on it

I noticed I needed to have the usb not connected before booting up scratch live.

So keep crsutil disabled system wide 24/7, boot up scratch live then connect the mixer and you should be good.
Jvine 5:42 PM - 15 May, 2018
Quote:

Serato DJ is awful to look at, ugly and too busy IMO. Last time I used it on my turntables, sticker lock was still janky. I've had it crash on me a couple times. I'm sure it's my fault and something I could resolve with a little research though, but I'm lazy and just want to play music..

I love Serato Scratch Live. I've never had issue with it, and it's always "just worked".

I play at place the has a house DDJ SX setup, so I have to have SDJ. For my mobile gigs, I uses TT's and SSL almost exclusively. So, I have/use both.
Culprit 6:16 PM - 15 May, 2018
I have both, I default to scratch live when possible. I rock both randomly depending on the setup. No issues with SSL, and Serato DJ pro has a minor screen pause issue but other than that pretty solid.
DJ Remy USA 1:19 AM - 21 May, 2018
Ive gotten use to SDJ at this point I havent used SSL is almost a year now. RIP
AKIEM 4:49 AM - 21 May, 2018
used SSL everyday for past two weeks, teaching, it lives on
GRiNDBoX 1:12 AM - 27 October, 2018
tracking
AldoMorro 9:56 PM - 14 January, 2019
Outdated thread maybe, but after working with ssl 2.5 on sl3 for years now, everything went smooth, but this weekend I've noticed audio dropouts, which would happen after you load a track and while playing dropout would happen at the moment track would have been loaded completely, as if it was doing overview, which is unthicked. Reinstalling ssl and sdj now. Only reason i dont use sdj is because you can not set loop range more than 2 bars on keyboard.
Regarding turning SIP off, you should not be concerned as that's just an industry standard which doesn't effect end user much.
mutroke 7:40 AM - 22 April, 2019
Also tried using SL3 with sss2.5 and getting the audio dropouts....damn, anyone knows if it is possible to make them work on El capitan after all ?
Culprit 5:50 PM - 22 April, 2019
Quote:
Also tried using SL3 with sss2.5 and getting the audio dropouts....damn, anyone knows if it is possible to make them work on El capitan after all ?

what laptop are you using? please post a link or make/model/year
SwanPoop 5:51 PM - 22 April, 2019
you shall experience audio dropouts with out dated unsupported hardware.
mutroke 7:34 PM - 22 April, 2019
So im using an SL 3 box to play control vinyls with sl 1200's and a Macbook 2008 unibody with EL Capitan 10.11.6, SSD drive , 4 G RAM, 2,4.GHZ dual core and a xone 96 mixer . I admit i did live under a rock with and OS X 10.5.8 that i used just for Scratch LIVE. It was a flawless system so i never had to update anything...but then i had to update the OSX cause i needed to use this mac for other stuff too....so EL Capitan was the most recent OS X i could install....but yeah, lol.... After reading many posts on this forum, i gave up Scratch Live and installed Serato Dj pro this morning and it does seem to work well...so far. SO apologies for the previous post guys..... Still i do wonder if there is a less risky way to use Scratch Live / SL3 combination without doing some crazy mods to the system that could cause problems ? or the best way is to just install an older OSX ...
YZ 7:38 PM - 22 April, 2019
Quote:
you shall experience audio dropouts with out dated unsupported hardware.

What a load of shit this comment is. Here's some advice, go back to the setup you had when you weren't experiencing dropouts and just leave everything "as-is" and you won't have any problems.
Culprit 1:36 AM - 23 April, 2019
its not a crazy mod its just disabling rootless protection and SSL will work fine.

You have a 2008 macbook pro, its very out dated but for playing some mp3 songs its fine. You don't need Serato DJ, you need a new laptop to be honest for your other stuff you wanna do.

I give your macbook another 2/3 years before the motherboard dies on you.
mutroke 5:57 AM - 24 April, 2019
Thanks guys, i think keeping an old laptop with an old OSX just for DJ-ing is the best and most stable solution, i will try to disable the rootless protection just to experiment how it goes. Thank you for the suggestions !
GRiNDBoX 2:37 PM - 26 July, 2020
still hoping for my MBP 2018 with built in High Sierra to work with my ttm57sl :(
DJ Reflex 5:43 AM - 30 July, 2020
Quote:
still hoping for my MBP 2018 with built in High Sierra to work with my ttm57sl :(

You might have to leave "crsutil disable" alone for your ttm57 to link up with Scratch Live. I've had connectivity issues when it's enabled. Open Serato first, wait for all crates to load, THEN hook up mixer.
b.brains 5:52 PM - 10 April, 2021
Success! Thank you