Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DENON MCX8000 Firmware

DjSrK 8:39 AM - 27 May, 2016
Hello i have a problem i updated the firmware to 1.2 :
Engine version : 0148
MCU 2061

all work good before but when i put this Firmware update Serato DJ not want to play tracks
Serato play freeze
and when i go to back Factory Dafault mcx dont want, and its write in Update Firmware : Up To Date ???

what i can do to go to firmware 1.1 or make it to default factory please

Thx a lot
Denon DJ
DenonDJ_Jason 8:07 PM - 27 May, 2016
Hi DjSrK,

Sorry to hear of the trouble. I'll be happy to help! A few questions for you.

What OS are you running on your computer?

If Windows, have you installed the driver from the MCX8000 product page?

Did the MCX8000 firmware update process complete successfully? The unit should restart once completed.

Are you able to playback a track via Engine USB?

Does the MCX8000 hardware unlock the Serato DJ decks, but just not pass audio?

Please describe exactly what happens when you connect your MCX8000 to your computer and open Serato DJ.

Firmware v1.2 is fully compatible with Serato DJ 1.8.2 and higher, and has may improvements over the original MCX8000 firmware that shipped with your unit.
DjSrK 10:36 PM - 27 May, 2016
Quote:
Hi DjSrK,

Sorry to hear of the trouble. I'll be happy to help! A few questions for you.

What OS are you running on your computer?
# windows10 and on my Mac: yosemite

If Windows, have you installed the driver from the MCX8000 product page?
# Yes

Did the MCX8000 firmware update process complete successfully? The unit should restart once completed.

# yes

Are you able to playback a track via Engine USB?

All Work on Engine usb. But with Serato no

Does the MCX8000 hardware unlock the Serato DJ decks, but just not pass audio?

# yes dj decks are unlock just play and Jogs not Work tracks are Freeze

Please describe exactly what happens when you connect your MCX8000 to your computer and open Serato DJ.

#on pc and mac: all open Good i can push on cue, select tracks and put it on decks only Play and Jogs don't work...
And when i want to go to Factory default mcx don't reset m'y firmware.

Firmware v1.2 is fully compatible with Serato DJ 1.8.2 and higher, and has may improvements over the original MCX8000 firmware that shipped with your unit.

# i have serato dj 1.9.1 and i have try with 1.8.2. / 1.9 and ils don't work
DjSrK 1:02 PM - 28 May, 2016
hello
Please Help ! i have a weeding in 6 days
can you send me a new firmware or old firmware ( MCX8000_FW.bin ) to erase this one ?

my information :
Engine version 0148
MCU 2061

i can't backup to Factory Default i put ok but nothing happened

i waiting help
Thx a lot
DjSrK 3:43 PM - 30 May, 2016
Hello

someone can help me?
i think the firmware update are failed
and i can't go back on old with Factory default
Chino 9:38 PM - 30 May, 2016
^^^ @ DJ SrKā€¦ what OS are you running? Try contacting Denon support. They may be able to provide the older firmware to see if that fixes your issue.
DjSrK 3:39 AM - 31 May, 2016
Hello Chino Thx for the for help
I running yosemite and win10
All Work Good on old firmware but when i put this New firmware serato dont want to play my tracks and Jogs not working.
I think the update are faites
And on Engine all work fine

I have contact support twice but no animer...
DENON support where are you Please???
I need help

Thx
Chino 2:51 PM - 31 May, 2016
^^^ If you haven't done so already then try calling Denon support. The U.S. # is 401 658 5766. Calling usually gives you a faster response than emailing. Going forward, I will save each firmware version. That way if someone needs an older version then I can provide it.
Denon DJ
DenonDJ_Jason 2:52 PM - 31 May, 2016
If the MCX8000 is recognized by Serato and unlocks the decks then upgrading/downgrading the firmware will not make a difference. I believe you may have an error within your setup.

Are you using the DVS plugin? Is it possible that you have your decks set to Relative or Absolute? This will lock out platter and Play/Cue control on the MCX8000. If you intend to use the MCX8000 to control your virtual decks then you will want the decks set to Internal mode in Serato DJ.

Check out this link to double check your settings.
serato.com

Let me know if this does not apply.
Mr Wilks 4:24 PM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
Are you using the DVS plugin? Is it possible that you have your decks set to Relative or Absolute? This will lock out platter and Play/Cue control on the MCX8000. If you intend to use the MCX8000 to control your virtual decks then you will want the decks set to Internal mode in Serato DJ.

This has caught me off guard once before. The decks don't move or respond and I was scratching my head for a good five minutes.

I'm a seasoned pro too... I just wasn't thinking straight!
Mr Wilks 4:25 PM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
If the MCX8000 is recognized by Serato and unlocks the decks then upgrading/downgrading the firmware will not make a difference. I believe you may have an error within your setup.

Check out this link to double check your settings.
serato.com

Let me know if this does not apply.

Hopefully they'll be a new firmware revision coming soon to iron out a few of the existing small problems. I'm waiting patiently haha!
DjSrK 7:06 PM - 31 May, 2016
Hello
thanks @DenonDJ_Jason you're the Best !!!!! yes its DVS with this firmware update are change mode of DVS
thank you again i have clean install and put all plugins one by one and DVS are bugged

Thanks @ Chino for you time and youre First Impressions on mcx8000 :) i will try MCX8000 this weekend at weeding for 8 h of sounds i will put my experience here

thanks @ Mr Wilks

Please no distortion and no dropping sound its my first time with it let's go !!!
Mr Wilks 7:09 PM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
Hello
thanks @DenonDJ_Jason you're the Best !!!!! yes its DVS with this firmware update are change mode of DVS
thank you again i have clean install and put all plugins one by one and DVS are bugged

Thanks @ Chino for you time and youre First Impressions on mcx8000 :) i will try MCX8000 this weekend at weeding for 8 h of sounds i will put my experience here

thanks @ Mr Wilks

Please no distortion and no dropping sound its my first time with it let's go !!!

Brilliant news! Glad it's okay and good luck!
Denon DJ
DenonDJ_Jason 7:18 PM - 31 May, 2016
Quote:
Hello

thanks @ Mr Wilks

Sweet! Glad to hear that sorted things out. I've had that happen to me a few times.

Enjoy your new hardware, and best of luck with your next gig!
DJ-USB 10:23 PM - 18 December, 2016
Hi everybody, i have a big problem with my mcx 8000 ,ipossible to finish to update it says: display mcu missing and display assets missings, somebody can help me?
DJ Veto 2:56 PM - 19 December, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have the same problem as DJ-USB. I just purchased my mixer a few days ago from another country, and now I'm getting display mcu missing and display assets missings. Everything worked perfectly yesterday, and today when I power on the hardware I get the same thing.

What is going on? I cannot even update my firmware or access utility or anything. display mcu missing and display assets missings also appears without the USB and with the USB it tries to update but constantly fails.
DJ Veto 3:24 PM - 19 December, 2016
Quote:
Hi everybody, i have a big problem with my mcx 8000 ,ipossible to finish to update it says: display mcu missing and display assets missings, somebody can help me?

Nevermind I've solved the issue. Have an empty USB stick, place the firmware update in there, set the channel 1 & 2 to the "headphones" in the middle between PC and LN1, then hold view and let it update
DJ-USB 11:23 PM - 1 January, 2017
I have download the firmware from the site with a windows computer and everything is ok guys
deejayayup 9:45 AM - 2 January, 2017
What are the changes made in the 1.5 update?
Toni Christy 9:35 AM - 24 January, 2017
Hi everybody,

I have problem, the load / select knob on MCX Denon 8000 does not function while in the press, so it can not load the songs to stand alone engine play and do the settings on the main screen.
The mcx8000 can only be operated with SERATO DJ.

I also have not been able to update the latest firmware for are not able to execute the update file for the non-functioning knob load / select when in the press.
the MCU version now is 2063.

I've tried to report this to the support of the Denon DJ 3 days ago but there is no response in my email.

If anyone can help me, maybe there is a way to update via pc through usb cable?

Thank you in advance
Chino 12:53 PM - 24 January, 2017
^^^ Try doing a Factory Restore of the MCx8000. Under the UTILITY menu of the MCx8000 scroll down until you see "Factory Default" and select it. This will reset/restore your MCx8000 back to it's original factory settings
Toni Christy 3:04 AM - 25 January, 2017
Hi Chino,

Thanks for the solution that you are given.
I've tried the same way, the problem is at the moment will execute the commands by pressing the knob load / select, function enter / press on the knob does not work and this is happening on the other knob on the second screen.

Are there any other solutions, there may be other mcx8000 button that can be used to execute tap commands on load / select knob.

The point is simply the non-functioning of press in the load / select knob.

Please Help.

Thanks.
Chino 2:56 PM - 25 January, 2017
^^^ From your description it seems like it may be a hardware issue. I would definitely recommend contacting Denon DJ customer support. I have found that calling them directly instead of emailing tends to give a faster response. MCx8000s purchased from an authorized Denon DJ dealer in the U.S. are covered under a 3 year warranty as long as you registered the controller.
Toni Christy 6:40 AM - 26 January, 2017
I bought through online mcx8000 in different cities in my country Indonesia, so it's rather difficult because of the distance and time, I will try your suggestion.

But I still hope to get a way to fix it through usb cable connection from the PC to the machine

Thank you for your help Bro Chino.
letmedj4u 1:13 AM - 25 October, 2017
Hi I experienced a similar issue with freezing on the Denon Mcx 8000,when playing Serato Dj from my Mac it would freeze,then I used another drive on the engine portion and also had a similar issue throughout the night for a wedding as I tried to factory reset the unit and doesn't seem to reset it as I have the latest firmware and the latest build,what can I do as I really enjoy using this unit as it's great for mobile and I don't want to lose confidence in this unit which Serato Dj is the primary software to use with this unit,thanks.
eugguy 1:30 AM - 25 October, 2017
I found an incredible fix for my MCX 8000. I sold it!
DJ JulioYEG 2:22 AM - 25 October, 2017
Quote:

LOL
deejayayup 9:31 AM - 25 October, 2017
Quote:

+1