Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Sticker Lock - SDJ 1.9.1

SirForce 1:41 PM - 24 May, 2016
Any chance of getting Sticker Lock dialed in a bit more?

Sticker Lock has not been 100% reliable. When I load a track with Sticker Lock enabled it is not always aligning to the sticker. If I needle drop several times especially in the track 1 area beginning of the vinyl I can eventually get it to trigger and align the sticker.

What I would expect is for Serato DJ Sticker Lock to match the performance and behavour of using Serato ScratchLive with the stickersync-cueN crate easter egg feature - SSL 2.5 stickersync-cueN is rock solid reliable.

This is critically important for Sticker Lock especially when doing instant doubles - timing is everything and needle dropping to fix the sticker will not work because of the amount of time involved especially when deep into a track.

Please help tighten up this feature to make it trigger reliably.
SiRocket 3:38 PM - 24 May, 2016
+20!

Do we need to say more? Sigh.

Sam admits it, jamie admits it, yet no fix for over a year :(
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:12 PM - 24 May, 2016
another reason not to use Serato DJ
spike12 5:07 PM - 24 May, 2016
+101000000

Every time I lay down instant doubles, it's a gamble whether or not it will be sticker locked to each other... sometimes its 90 degrees out, sometimes 180 sometimes a half beat.. Usually have to double hit load on both sides before it acts as it should, which can lead to a lot of unnecessary mess ups and extra actions to the work flow.
Despo 7:01 AM - 25 May, 2016
Fix it already! This along with echo out distortion are my 2 main major gripes with SDJ, and yet serato spends time implementing more and more hardware and useless stuff like pulselocker
DJ FANDOS 3:48 AM - 26 May, 2016
+10000
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:51 PM - 8 June, 2016
SDJ version is no where near SSL performance.
I'll stick with SSL until SDJ is better.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:08 PM - 8 June, 2016
it will never be the same, serato lack the development talent they had when they were making scratch live, ever wonder why the other video plugin is 100x better and made by one person compared to serato video
everblazing 10:20 PM - 24 July, 2016
Oh man thanks taught i was the only one having this problem
AKIEM 2:42 PM - 25 July, 2016
My theory has always been (since beta) that this system is far too complicated. What they should have done (what I was asking for) is a simple option to make the gui sticker always lock to the sticker on the vinyl. Not sure why they went this complicated route. And my bet is that the complication is the reason it doesn't work too well now.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:03 PM - 25 July, 2016
I'm judging Serato's commitment to the true art of DJing on this feature. It used to work, and Serato used to care.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:05 PM - 25 July, 2016
If the GUI sticker stayed locked to the physical sticker it would simplify everything. Traktor is like this but no drop to cue functions.
spike12 5:23 PM - 25 July, 2016
For more clarification, instant doubles on load works for me, but it doesn't work if I hit a hotcue during the middle of a track and want to re-lock afterwards by double tapping load button.
citi 1:13 AM - 26 July, 2016
Does anyone know if rekordbox has this option? I'm diehard serato but I'm not operating with blinders on
SiRocket 4:07 AM - 26 July, 2016
Too complicated?? The funny thing is Sticker Sync was an easter egg, something that didn't take long to create.... it was created while a few Serato heads were drunk one night and had an idea..... yet it works better than a full fledged feature in SDJ... go figure..

SMH....

Serato employees requested a in-depth market research document from me and the #fixseratodj fam, which I sent in last week. No response from serato and it's been a week.... 4+ pages worth of goodness... what they do right (slim to none in today's time), what they do alright, and what they stink at....

Response time and reliability was at the top of the list.

Maybe one day?? LOL
AKIEM 4:55 AM - 26 July, 2016
Quote:
Too complicated?? The funny thing is Sticker Sync was an easter egg, something that didn't take long to create.... it was created while a few Serato heads were drunk one night and had an idea..... yet it works better than a full fledged feature in SDJ... go figure..

SMH....

hmmmm... thats not how I remember the all the dialogue that was taking place.

Yes. Too complicated compared to a simple option to keep the sticker always locked. Which wouldn't solve all the issues, but would probably have set a good foundation for the other functions.

But yes, they should fix it. If ever... and I doubt they get to the issue of the sticker jumping around...
spike12 5:33 AM - 26 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

SMH....

Yes. Too complicated compared to a simple option to keep the sticker always locked. Which wouldn't solve all the issues, but would probably have set a good foundation for the other functions.

But yes, they should fix it. If ever... and I doubt they get to the issue of the sticker jumping around...

Hi Akiem, the way to keep the sticker and gui always locked would be to keep it on ABS position, but a consequence is that then you cannot use loops or hot cues anymore if you set that as a requirement that must be kept at all times.
AKIEM 6:27 AM - 26 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SMH....

Hi Akiem, the way to keep the sticker and gui always locked would be to keep it on ABS position, but a consequence is that then you cannot use loops or hot cues anymore if you set that as a requirement that must be kept at all times.

Sure. But Im actually talking about REL mode and keeping the gui sticker locked to the actual vinyl sticker.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:34 PM - 26 July, 2016
The reason I love this feature is that I can look away from the screen and DJ purely with a record and turntable.

I've been using SSL on an SL4 installed inside a 2016. I hide the laptop and I'm able to perfectly cue EVERY SINGLE TIME because of the dependability of sticker lock and drop to cue needle response in SSL.

SeratoDJ is such a bag of shit in this same scenario.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:39 AM - 27 July, 2016
Hi all,

We are aware of this issue and will be looking into the cause and solution soon. I can't provide a date for the fix (as I'm sure you're aware we never provide dates ;) but we'll keep you posted as things develop.

@SiRocket,
Quote:
Serato employees requested a in-depth market research document from me and the #fixseratodj fam, which I sent in last week. No response from serato and it's been a week.... 4+ pages worth of goodness...

I've asked around the office and no one has come forward saying they requested any research or that they have received any. May I ask who you were speaking with and who you emailed it to? Whilst we don't solicit external research, we're always happy to hear customer feedback :)

Cheers,
Michael.
MurdoX 5:09 AM - 28 July, 2016
+1 yes fix thanks you!
SiRocket 2:34 PM - 28 July, 2016
Mike,

Tony requested it and will be going over it with your crew when back from Maui....

If no response I was thinking of having the public add to it like a google doc possibly? :)
SiRocket 2:42 PM - 28 July, 2016
This month marks the 1 year anniversary of my 2nd help ticket regarding sticker lock being in accurate and not always triggering, unlike its SSL (programmed in the early morning as a joke) Easter egg.

How much longer could we possibly wait?? Lol
Mr. Goodkat 9:53 PM - 28 July, 2016
best part of using SSL. you never complain about things. one because it isnt going to change, but 2 because its NOT sdj ;)
DJ Dub Cowboy 1:49 AM - 29 July, 2016
3. it works!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:51 AM - 29 July, 2016
Hey SiRocket,

Thanks for the update. It seems that Tony has reached out more as an acquaintance here than as an official representative of Serato. As I said earlier, this isn't the way that we normally gather market research and is a bit unusual.

As I mentioned before, you're welcome to share it with us (as you mentioned Tony is on holiday) or if you'd like you can make it public. All I'd ask is that it's made clear to people who contribute to it that it's not an official Serato document, and therefore there's no guarantee that Serato are going to action or respond to everything. We're always happy to talk openly in public (where we can, sometimes things are business sensitive and can't be discussed), so we're probably not going to talk in a document. However, I'm more than happy to discuss the contents of the document here in the open on our forum. I'll give you all the answers I can. I can't guarantee you will like the answers, but they will always be honest and open.
SirForce 1:17 PM - 29 July, 2016
Michael,

On topic to this forum post and also a topic in the document that i've had the opportunity ot read is the simple fact that Sticker Sync in SDJ is not at the reliability and performance level that was in the original easter egg in Serato ScratchLive.

Just look at the number of people in this thread commenting on this.

Quote:

...there's no guarantee that Serato are going to action or respond to everything.

Your point is abundantly clear. I can attest to the fact that response times are no where near a snails gallop. This is one of many issues i've posted in the serato forums.

I get the marketing emails- soundswitch is new, pulselocker is recent... new features with revenue tied.

I'm asking for bug fixes for features that are serato unique and drive me to use the platform. StickerSync in this case.

Serato risk and compliance must be in place to prevent any commitments, easier to say nothing and "we're working on it" with no end in sight.

Check my forum posts, this one, the reloop tm8 pitch bug (serato and user acknowledged as broken), the Rane 64 CUEs 5-8 don't wont any any of the four decks, previous Rane 64 bugs circa SDJ 1.7.x era to name a few. Then there is the lip service on club kit and hid for NXS2 devices.

I don't know why i'm even wasting my time writing this. Clearly i'm a glutton for punishment. I'm tired of waiting.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:44 PM - 29 July, 2016
I have to agree.

As far as software dependability and development responsiveness, Serato has gone from the best to the worst.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!!??
SiRocket 10:18 PM - 29 July, 2016
Dan,

Serato is all excuse and focuses on the things that make them look bad instead of taking the right steps to fix the things that caused people like me to bring shit public, and I'm only getting started.

They told me to be patient and keep my mouth shut but where has that gotten things??

They always have excuses but no substance. It's 2016 and people can't even listen to a song for over a minute without skipping to the next. I'm not sure how much longer they will last as it seems like they have given up.

Things will be interesting come the next 12 months if not 6 months.

-------

Ps mike, tony was in nz at your headquarters with a few "mates" and "all" requested that I please put some professional notes together. I'm not sure how much more "real Serato" that can get when

A - it's requested while on your company property
B - that employee is one of yours if not all yours and they are on company property during business hours
C - they are referencing the same company they work for and are on property during work hours asking for feedback on that same companies software
D - stop making excuses and fix the bs and go back to being rad!!

Thanks!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:20 AM - 1 August, 2016
Quote:
Ps mike, tony was in nz at your headquarters with a few "mates" and "all" requested that I please put some professional notes together. I'm not sure how much more "real Serato" that can get when

A - it's requested while on your company property
B - that employee is one of yours if not all yours and they are on company property during business hours
C - they are referencing the same company they work for and are on property during work hours asking for feedback on that same companies software
D - stop making excuses and fix the bs and go back to being rad!!

Yes Tony is a contractor employed by Serato in a Sales role, but is not involved in Marketing or Product Design. Our understanding is that Tony reached out to you as a friend. Gathering market feedback is not part of his role. I apologise if it was presented to you as something that was officially endorsed by Serato, but it wasn't.

With that said, my offer stands and I'm still happy to read over the document and give feedback where possible. If you'd like to do that, let me know and I'll PM you my email address.

Also I hope no one from Serato has ever told you to keep your mouth shut or give you the impression that you can't voice your opinion! That's not our desire at all. We have a very simple set of rules here on our forum (serato.com) and as long as you aren't breaking them you are welcome to say what you like. We will take all feedback on board, good or bad :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:59 AM - 1 August, 2016
Quote:
On topic to this forum post and also a topic in the document that i've had the opportunity ot read is the simple fact that Sticker Sync in SDJ is not at the reliability and performance level that was in the original easter egg in Serato ScratchLive.

Understood, we are definitely aware of the issue.

Quote:
Your point is abundantly clear. I can attest to the fact that response times are no where near a snails gallop. This is one of many issues i've posted in the serato forums.

I agree our response time on the forum can be slow, but that is because the forum is no longer our primary support channel. If you open a help ticket with our Support Team you should receive a reply in a reasonable time frame (however they can definitely get swamped around releases).

Quote:
Check my forum posts, this one, the reloop tm8 pitch bug (serato and user acknowledged as broken), the Rane 64 CUEs 5-8 don't wont any any of the four decks, previous Rane 64 bugs circa SDJ 1.7.x era to name a few. Then there is the lip service on club kit and hid for NXS2 devices.

I've checked them out as requested :)

The TM8 pitch bug (serato.com) is definitely logged as Jason mentioned.

The Rane Sixty-Four cue points issue isn't a bug (I don't think). The user Terrence Stokes has posted the solution for you in your thread (serato.com), let me know if that helps.

Regarding the NXS2 devices I'm afraid there's no more info I can give sorry. We're still working with Pioneer on this.

I hope this helps!