Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Alternate Echo Out Effect in Serato DJ

DJ P Dot 8:56 AM - 11 March, 2016
I've heard a lot of DJs, both in person and online, complain about the echo out effect in SDJ compared to SSL. I've found that this other, and somewhat hidden, echo out effect behaves a bit more like the SSL version. Hope you guys find this useful:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Knockz 2:39 PM - 11 March, 2016
I also use the brake echo instead of the echo out as it does sound much better.

However what is annoying is that you have to remember to change it to fade everytime you load SDJ. It doesn't save that setting. I always forget to do this and am reminded the first time I use it.
Michael A 2:54 PM - 11 March, 2016
Thanks for the tutorial P Dot. Also, the presentation on your tutorial on smart playlists is really well done, great zoom visuals and verbal explanation.
DJ P Dot 7:10 PM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
Thanks for the tutorial P Dot. Also, the presentation on your tutorial on smart playlists is really well done, great zoom visuals and verbal explanation.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you found my content helpful!
DJ Tecniq 8:23 PM - 11 March, 2016
Quote:
I've heard a lot of DJs, both in person and online, complain about the echo out effect in SDJ compared to SSL. I've found that this other, and somewhat hidden, echo out effect behaves a bit more like the SSL version. Hope you guys find this useful:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Very useful dude however when i echo out using SDJ it sounds distorted. Not all the time but it's random when it happens which is why I still use SSL. But i didn't know about this so I will try it. Nice job!
DJ P Dot 12:13 AM - 14 March, 2016
Yeah I feel that the brake echo out has less of that distortion which is my main reason of using this one...
Bornd Fono 2:11 PM - 14 March, 2016
Thank you so much for that! I will definitely check that out!
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:18 AM - 16 March, 2016
Nice tutorial.

Quick one when scrolling through the beats what are the T and D on the measure for. Always wanted to ask.

How come there isnt a 3/4 beats option in Serato?
Michael A 6:04 PM - 24 March, 2016
DJ Marv, I have the same question. I'm going to start a thread to try to find out.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:41 PM - 24 March, 2016
Quote:
DJ Marv, I have the same question. I'm going to start a thread to try to find out.

Link to the thread so I can track it.
Michael A 9:06 PM - 24 March, 2016
Thanks to Konix:

serato.com
Crump 10:45 PM - 27 April, 2016
Yo thanks P Dot. This does sound much better although sometimes get the distortion a bit, at least it's not every time. Hopefully they will fix the echo out soon.
DJ Tecniq 7:12 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Yo thanks P Dot. This does sound much better although sometimes get the distortion a bit, at least it's not every time. Hopefully they will fix the echo out soon.
The echo out has been broken ever since the birth of Serato DJ highly doubt they will fix it anytime soon. You're better of having a mixer with built in fx💯
soul63 8:31 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
The echo out has been broken ever since the birth of Serato DJ highly doubt they will fix it anytime soon. You're better of having a mixer with built in fx💯

there going to fix it..on the other 3 year old thread..they said its on there....."radar"...yeah this is better p dot..i use delay..i find that ok in serato
DJ Tecniq 11:26 AM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

there going to fix it..on the other 3 year old thread..they said its on there....."radar"...yeah this is better p dot..i use delay..i find that ok in serato
Instead of fixing it they gave us Pulselocker😮👎🏻
Crump 5:03 PM - 28 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Instead of fixing it they gave us Pulselocker😮👎🏻

Yeah this is some basic thing a lot of people need and they dick about with streaming services. I could buy a mixer with FX but what about if the venue doesn't have a mixer with FX?. I try and rely on the software realising I'm not Jazzy Jeff and can't dictate all the equipment I use every time.
DJ Marv the Maverick 12:48 PM - 4 May, 2016
Lol @jazzyjeff

Yeah I use the Serato FX consistently too to avoid reliance on mixer FX.

I tried Virtual DJ 8 for the first time yesterday. I like the back loop function. It loops the bars just prior to when you activate it rather than the upcoming bars.

Is there a back loop function in Serato?
Baum 9:19 PM - 16 February, 2017
Feels like brake echo out now has less of distortion under Serato DJ 1.9.5.

Has anyone the same impression?
DJ Matty Stiles 1:14 PM - 17 February, 2017
I just throw a little bit of reverb on top to mask the distortion.

Like I use my SP1 and hit echo and reverb at the exact same time

Also what y'all prefer?:

Combo fade echo

Echo out

Break echo
DJ Matty Stiles 1:18 PM - 17 February, 2017
PS I hate having to continually click on the fx section to see where the best parameters are at. I'd rather just have it displayed on my SP1 and keep the fx section hidden