Release date?
DJ OHH! (Original Hip Hop) 10:47 PM - 18 January, 2016
I saw February 2016
CHRIS HOLLYWOOD PRODUCTIONS 10:56 PM - 18 January, 2016
Impressive!
DJ.THOMAD 3:10 AM - 19 January, 2016
Very nice Denon, Numark NV watch
DJ Compiler 4:00 AM - 19 January, 2016
Can someone from Serato elaborate on key mode? Mainly how the feature will work.

Do we define to Serato which cue points are on which notes somehow and then tell it which notes we want played with it automatically pitching the closest tone we've defined?

If so that will be awesome!
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:32 AM - 19 January, 2016
Hi DJ Compiler,

Its probably one of the more complex pad modes we've worked on, so its tricky to explain and best played with to understand.

To summarise;

• When you press pads 1-8, it will trigger a cue point while simultaneously key shifting the deck.
• You can select which cue point you want to trigger by holding shift then pressing pads 1-8.
• The amount of key shifting depends on the range you have chosen, and there are 3 different ranges.

1. Low range: -7 to 0
2. Middle range: -4 to +3
3. High range: 0 to +7

Because there are 8 pads it didn't really make sense to try and cram a piano roll in there, but as you key shift, you will see the key of the track change on the UI. If you have selected classical key to display, then I guess you will see notes that could help you create a melody that way.

We tried to abstract it a bit from being a mode that required musical theory, and more of a "reverse approach" to tone play by simply shifting up or down from the root key on one chosen section/sound within the song.

Please remember you'd require Pitch 'n Time DJ enabled to use this mode, and a license for that is included with the Denon DJ MCX8000.
DJ Compiler 4:38 PM - 19 January, 2016
Is this going to be a feature made available to other controllers in a similar way that you implemented beat jumping or will it require specific hardware (such as the MCX8000).

Also would you guys consider including diatonic modes on the pads as well so that a full key could be played? For example if your root note is C, your pads would be played out as C D E F G A B C. This would help further abstract away some of the musical theory required and would allow for more probable tone play routines.
DJ Compiler 4:41 PM - 19 January, 2016
Thanks for taking the time to respond Martin. It's greatly appreciated. Looking forward to 1.9 or whatever version brings this mode. I can already tell its going to be a big one.
elvis13 8:33 PM - 19 January, 2016
this is exactly what I been looking for. There times i dont want use a laptop and now I have flexibility to use or not use.
Dee Jay Wison 8:59 PM - 19 January, 2016
Very nice it is about time DENON
What is the size of the screens?
Dj Pepe 11:26 PM - 19 January, 2016
Please, someone knows something about dimensions and weight ? Thanks!
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:02 AM - 20 January, 2016
Hey DJ Compiler

Quote:
Is this going to be a feature made available to other controllers in a similar way that you implemented beat jumping or will it require specific hardware (such as the MCX8000).

We wanted to see if the mode is successful and actually useful for DJs before blindly rolling it out to other controllers. If the feedback goes well, then we'll put aside some time to map it for others. One thing I have to say though is the pad mode heavily relies on colors (to be usable) so if we do it, we'd probably only put it on controllers that have RGB capable pads.

Like I said though, we'd want to evaluate the feedback and popularity first before sinking more time into it. You might play with it and think it sucks! (I hope not though :)

Quote:
Also would you guys consider including diatonic modes on the pads as well so that a full key could be played? For example if your root note is C, your pads would be played out as C D E F G A B C. This would help further abstract away some of the musical theory required and would allow for more probable tone play routines.

We looked at this, but what if the toneplay you were trying to pull off required a sharp/flat in between those notes? Then you'd be equally frustrated as you might be with the lack of a full key.

We are totally open to feedback though, if you manage to have a play with it and find that would be better (and others feel the same) we'd consider it for sure.
Asu 2:21 AM - 20 January, 2016
Dope
Cuervo 2:51 AM - 20 January, 2016
Can we use the Serato cues and loops with engine or we need to start a new library? Also are the faders midi map? I had the TTM57SL and i loved how that mixer works with ME.
DJMIYAGI 3:19 AM - 20 January, 2016
Quote:
Can we use the Serato cues and loops with engine or we need to start a new library? Also are the faders midi map? I had the TTM57SL and i loved how that mixer works with ME.

The cue points from Serato will be in Engine
Asu 2:44 PM - 20 January, 2016
Quote:
Also are the faders midi map?
of course it'd work with ME like the SX,SZ and others do
Asu 4:50 PM - 20 January, 2016
Now if only Denon could incorporate a removable 2.5" drive bay in the Next version i.e MCX 9000 (with video processing power like cdj 2000's) so we can have all our music & video in the controller drive bay...that would truly be laptop free solution for $1599 and a must have for 70% of DJs
Entro 4:16 AM - 21 January, 2016
Can you hand off between two computers running SDJ on this unit? Or just between SDJ to Engine?
Dj Wunder 3:55 PM - 22 January, 2016
I'd like to hear more about the lighting control
sinfidelity 1:34 AM - 23 January, 2016
Looks like it may be time to head back to denon.

I hope they have improved the longevity of their cue buttons n such since the dnx1500 and dns5000s
estrellajoe@yahoo.com 3:48 AM - 23 January, 2016
Can this controller be use with virtual dj 8.0 and newmark cue software?.just like denon dn 6000..pls replay..thanks ..controller likes very nice..
DJChad72 4:41 AM - 23 January, 2016
What is the bit rate of the audio interface? 16 or 24?
DJ Compiler 5:27 AM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
What is the bit rate of the audio interface? 16 or 24?

According to Denon's site it's 24 bit

Source: denondj.com
nik39 10:13 AM - 23 January, 2016
Quote:
Hi DJ Compiler,

Its probably one of the more complex pad modes we've worked on, so its tricky to explain and best played with to understand.

To summarise;

• When you press pads 1-8, it will trigger a cue point while simultaneously key shifting the deck.
• You can select which cue point you want to trigger by holding shift then pressing pads 1-8.
• The amount of key shifting depends on the range you have chosen, and there are 3 different ranges.

1. Low range: -7 to 0
2. Middle range: -4 to +3
3. High range: 0 to +7

Because there are 8 pads it didn't really make sense to try and cram a piano roll in there, but as you key shift, you will see the key of the track change on the UI. If you have selected classical key to display, then I guess you will see notes that could help you create a melody that way.

Very nice!!!
E11World 5:43 PM - 23 January, 2016
This looks very promising. I wonder if we still have sp6 or will that be upgraded after this?
Cuervo 6:13 PM - 23 January, 2016
Why Denon do not install the center screen just like the Numark Dashboard? 90 % of the DJs who use Serato use the parallel waveforms lol
KERVIN 10:23 PM - 24 January, 2016
Well Denon it is about time. Since the introduction of denon dj I have been with them and the best is yet to come.
Dj Ace 8:09 AM - 25 January, 2016
I was able to play on this for a few hours with no laptop and I am blown away by the build quality, feature set and the responsive jog wheels...this is DEFINITELY a pioneer SX killer
KERVIN 8:52 AM - 25 January, 2016
I will be purchasing one soon.
djrob70 6:15 AM - 29 January, 2016
Dj Pepe

Denon has the weights and dimensions posted on their website
Dimensions & Weight:
Unit:
2.39 (W) x 1.42 (D) x 0.23 (H) in feet
28.68 (W) x 17.04 (D) x 2.76 (H) in inches
728.47 (W) x 432.82 (D) x 70.10 (H) in mm
8.34 kg
18.39 lbs.
Giftbox & Unit:
2.84 (W) x 1.76 (D) x 0.43 (H) in feet
34.08 (W) x 21.12 (D) x 5.16 (H) in inches
865.63 (W) x 536.45 (D) x 131.06 (H) in mm
10.71 kg
23.61 lbs.
Cuervo 1:20 AM - 31 January, 2016
Giftbox? What is that?
djrob70 2:06 AM - 31 January, 2016
Fancy way of saying cardboard box....
Cuervo 2:23 AM - 31 January, 2016
Quote:
Fancy way of saying cardboard box....

I thought it was like a deck saver.

I have a Guitar Center coupon, i went today to the store to order the Denon MCX8000 but i saw the Numark NS7 II and i felt in love! They do not have the Numark NS7 III yet but i know if i see it i felt in love too.
Now i do not know what to do?
I would like to wait to see the Denon first but if i wait im going to lost my coupon, it expires tomorrow.
What to do, what to do?
djrob70 3:19 AM - 31 January, 2016
AGIPRO DJ has 12% off plus no sales tax
DJ DU 11:17 PM - 6 February, 2016
One thing that bothers me is that I use 4 decks and there is no tick lines or phase alignment for matching beat grids like on the CDJ or NS7 screens. I would be forced to look at the computer anyways and to use my headphones and go back to mixing by ear exclusively which is tough when monitors are horrible and using 4 decks at the same time.
Cuervo 2:24 AM - 7 February, 2016
Quote:
One thing that bothers me is that I use 4 decks and there is no tick lines or phase alignment for matching beat grids like on the CDJ or NS7 screens. I would be forced to look at the computer anyways and to use my headphones and go back to mixing by ear exclusively which is tough when monitors are horrible and using 4 decks at the same time.

That's why I'm thinking to get the NS7 III. Anyway i only use two decks. I'm going to compare both to make a decision.
Clubber1970 1:21 PM - 7 February, 2016
I can not believe it, too. Why they build so good screen in that unit without any phase meter or similar to help us with beat matching visually? Two separate waveforms does not make much sense to me !
Dj Pepe 3:49 PM - 8 February, 2016
THANKS DJ ROB 70!!!!!

Quote:
Dj Pepe

Dimensions & Weight:
Unit:
8.34 kg
18.39 lbs.
Giftbox & Unit:
10.71 kg
23.61 lbs.

Quote:
Dj Pepe

Dimensions & Weight:
Unit:
8.34 kg
18.39 lbs.
Giftbox & Unit:
10.71 kg
23.61 lbs.
Venage 12:48 PM - 21 February, 2016
Release date?
djrob70 1:54 PM - 21 February, 2016
Originally most retailers had indicated end of February. AGIPRODJ (where I have my pre-Order) now March 11 as their release date Guitar Center and others also show March
Venage 2:06 PM - 21 February, 2016
Thanks
CGarr 6:07 PM - 27 February, 2016
To djrob:
Work has been smothering me.
Is the discount special still on for the new denon?
djrob70 6:44 PM - 27 February, 2016
Only discount now avail from AGI is their elite pricing. its fee to sign up for elite pricing
DjChiefSnoop 9:49 PM - 29 February, 2016
Hey guys does this controller come with serato Dj packaged in?
djrob70 9:53 PM - 29 February, 2016
All your answers to your questions can be found here

www.denondj.com
djrob70 9:54 PM - 29 February, 2016
But yes Serato DJ and Denon Engine are included
DjChiefSnoop 9:56 PM - 29 February, 2016
Yes perfect thanks
djrob70 4:03 AM - 18 March, 2016
AGIPRODJ got their shipment allocation of the MCX8000's today and are shipping out pre-orders. They have a few still in stock
Cuervo 7:15 PM - 18 March, 2016
Quote:
AGIPRODJ got their shipment allocation of the MCX8000's today and are shipping out pre-orders. They have a few still in stock

When this controller is going to be available at Guitar Center?
DJ Compiler 1:57 PM - 19 March, 2016
I think I saw online they said around April 10

Quote:
Quote:

When this controller is going to be available at Guitar Center?
Marko Riva 5:04 PM - 25 March, 2016
Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions for those who have had the chance of playing with this Denon controller.
What kind of material are the Cue and Play/Pause buttons made of? Is it still hard rubber?.....or is it finally solid responsive plastic like the SC2900? Let me know please if you have any info.

Thank you so much!
DJ OHH! (Original Hip Hop) 3:52 PM - 30 March, 2016
Quote:
Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions for those who have had the chance of playing with this Denon controller.
What kind of material are the Cue and Play/Pause buttons made of? Is it still hard rubber?.....or is it finally solid responsive plastic like the SC2900? Let me know please if you have any info.

Thank you so much!

The MCX8000 play/cue button is a metal finish.
DJCHUKS 7:16 AM - 13 April, 2016
damm i can't wait to jam with this music monster DENON DJ MCX8000
DJ POBM 5:00 PM - 25 April, 2016
AGIPRODJ has the best price and great customer service. I used the MCX8000 for the first time, professionally, this weekend. Played for 5 straight hours and not one issue. It works seamlessly with Serato. The controls have a nice, solid feel. Another DJ ran his turntables and mixer through the MCX8000 so I could play using my PC inputs and used another input for his. We were able to seamlessly mix in and out of each other's tracks and the sound was great. The microphone inputs and controls work great and you can really do a good job of controlling the sound coming from the microphone.
dj Krazey leo 10:00 AM - 30 April, 2016
Best controller ever all we need is phase meters for engine .
darkpsyde dnb 5:14 PM - 10 May, 2016
Anyone know if they have a fix in line for the touchstrip? It's supposed to be locked out if the platter isn't being touched, but it jumps to the song position even with the slightest accidental touch. Need a fix on that Serato. :)
Direktion 5:00 AM - 12 May, 2016
Absolutely loving my MCX8000 - one of the best controllers I've ever had the pleasure of playing with.
Cuervo 12:12 AM - 13 May, 2016
Quote:
Absolutely loving my MCX8000 - one of the best controllers I've ever had the pleasure of playing with.

The first pad on the right hand deck is not lighting up, everything else works perfect for now.
sbronte 8:38 PM - 28 May, 2016
I love mine too, but when it's connected it says I have to pay an extra $29 to use pitch n time feature?
DJDelightx 7:13 PM - 2 June, 2016
Quote:
Anyone know if they have a fix in line for the touchstrip? It's supposed to be locked out if the platter isn't being touched, but it jumps to the song position even with the slightest accidental touch. Need a fix on that Serato. :)

You can disable in Serato settings and needle drop will only work when the song is not playing
d:raf 10:01 PM - 3 June, 2016
I think I've found my next controller...
darkpsyde dnb 10:45 PM - 6 June, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

You can disable in Serato settings and needle drop will only work when the song is not playing

Thanks, I found this out right around the time I got the email notifying me of your post.

Yeah, this thing is the tits. The looping and beatpoints aren't exact in standalone, but it certainly has no problem with regular mixing, cue juggles, even scratching isn't bad on this thing. The platters have nice weight to them. I upgraded the xfader to the innofader, and boy it's just SOLID! Plug in Serato and add the DVS option, and 4 decks with the SC3900's for scratching, and well, why would anyone buy the 'Industry Standard'?
d:raf 2:28 AM - 7 June, 2016
Can any of you guys recreate this bug? Watchwww.youtube.com

(from this thread: serato.com)
Cuervo 7:58 PM - 7 June, 2016
Quote:
Can any of you guys recreate this bug? <span style="padding: 0; margin: 0; margin-left: 5px;">Watchsavefrom.net style="padding: 0; margin: 0; margin-left: 5px;">savefrom.net

(from this thread: serato.com)

Ok guys Denon sent me this... finally

Thank you for contacting us.

We are currently experiencing an unusually high number of inquiries volume, and would like to apologize for the delayed response.

It is important to us to help you get up and running with your new product.

If your inquiry has not yet been resolved, please reply to this email with to let us know. You can also contact our support line directly at 401-658-3131, 8:30am to 6:30pm Mo-Fr (not including weekends or holidays).
darkpsyde dnb 10:18 PM - 7 June, 2016
Does that only happen with serato?
Cuervo 10:32 PM - 7 June, 2016
Quote:
Does that only happen with serato?

In my case, it happens wih Engine too.
darkpsyde dnb 11:26 PM - 7 June, 2016
I wonder if it's a loose connection. My xfader was coming loose within two weeks. I upgraded the fader and it still happened a bit, I rigged the cables better and haven't had the issue since. I wonder if a good once over on all the connections would fix these issues.
Lexter 9:57 AM - 18 June, 2016
Hy guys, I've a problem with pitch n' time software…
I just bought a Denon mcx 800, but i don't Know how to activate the Pitch n'time expansion pack

In my Serato dj's options there's not a window to enable it…

Do I have to download the software manually? I knew that a license was included with the Denon DJ MCX8000…

Thanks!
Lexter 10:04 AM - 18 June, 2016
Sorry guys! I managed it!

I forgot to activate it on my serato...
KERVIN 1:02 PM - 26 July, 2016
I have a question for Denon ? When is Denon going to give a free bag or a case with the purchase of a denon mixer with the purchase of the mc8000 ? Pioneer do give when you purchase a high end mixer from a dealer such as PSSL which I already purchased for a DJ which also included a pair of xlr cords.
KERVIN 12:56 AM - 5 August, 2016
I need to see a video on youtube with a dj mixing videos with the mcx 8000.
khy 3:00 PM - 9 October, 2016
Quote:
I can not believe it, too. Why they build so good screen in that unit without any phase meter or similar to help us with beat matching visually? Two separate waveforms does not make much sense to me !

it's music, use your ears not your eyes. or the sync button if you can't beatmatch.
KERVIN 5:05 PM - 9 October, 2016
WELL I GUESS THEY LEFT IT FOR THE NEXT UPGRADE
vigorsolair 6:06 PM - 1 November, 2016
Please lock the "Needle Drop" during playback in Serato DJ.
darkpsyde dnb 6:20 PM - 1 November, 2016
You can change that as a setting in Serato.
Cuervo 10:46 PM - 1 November, 2016
Hey guys my Denon MXC 8000 is working pretty good but i found a little problem, i have a 15 macbook pro strictly for DJing i had Mavericks but i downloaded Sierra,
The Channel 1 has a full volume even if the up fader is all the way down, this happens only with channel 1 the other 3 channels are working properly. I tried the MCX with my other Mac and works with no issues at all. I also tried two other macs and the controller works fine.
I have no idea what happened with my may Mac, i tried, Mavericks, El Capitan and Sierra with no luck.
I have my videos in an external hard drive, i tried a few usb cables and nothing, i heard about MIDI signal conflicts but i dont know how to check that.
Any ideas?
DJ Desimind 3:03 PM - 17 February, 2018
I am keen to buy a Denon MXC 8000 and hence wanted to find out if there is a beat match view in the built-in screen in the controller where I can see if two tracks are in sync. This is important for me to take a decision.
TomTaylor123489 1:46 PM - 17 May, 2019
Can you use all 4 decks at once without using a computer or laptop? Or just 2? Can you also plug a CDj or other Dj hardware in to use decks 3 & 4 without using a laptop?
RedSquare.DJ 4:58 AM - 11 March, 2020
Quote:
I am keen to buy a Denon MXC 8000 and hence wanted to find out if there is a beat match view in the built-in screen in the controller where I can see if two tracks are in sync. This is important for me to take a decision.

Has anyone found an answer to this yet? Thinking of buying and all depends on this. NS7III has this.