DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Denon MCX8000 channel volume issue

Cuervo 10:53 PM - 1 June, 2016
Watchwww.youtube.com

Hello, as you guys can see in that video; when i turn the headphones volume knob it changes the channel level volume, sometimes it kills the full volume or any of the highs, mid range or low frecuencies this has to be a hardware issue because i tried Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan and i got the same problem. The Denon MCX8000 has been updated and i am using a mid 2013 15" macbook pro with a 2.3GHz Intel core i7 with a 16 GB RAM i tried with a second mid 2012 13" mackbook and i got the same error.
I tried the "Factory Default" on the Denon and it works fine for a few minutes and after that i got the same issue one more thing; as you can see in the video the first cue pad on the right hand deck does not light up the other cue pads works fine. I was thinking to call Denon today but i get out from work late.
What can i do? Bring the controller back to Guitar Center so they can handle this or i need to call Denon first to try to solve the problem?
Please help!
jomei22 9:22 AM - 5 June, 2016
Hi Cuervo,

yesterday I've experienced exactly the same problem, but at a live Gig! Terrible situation - prior to find out where it comes from. But it is exactly what you've described.

8x MCX8000 worked fine at live shows but since yesterday I've lost confidence in this product. I expect this to be a general fault that occurs at special occasions.

@DENON: please help and bring an update quickly!!!

Rgds,

Andy from Germany
Cuervo 2:35 PM - 5 June, 2016
Quote:
Hi Cuervo,

yesterday I've experienced exactly the same problem, but at a live Gig! Terrible situation - prior to find out where it comes from. But it is exactly what you've described.

8x MCX8000 worked fine at live shows but since yesterday I've lost confidence in this product. I expect this to be a general fault that occurs at special occasions.

@DENON: please help and bring an update quickly!!!

Rgds,

Yesterday i went to Guitar Center here in the U.S.A they told me that they cant do anything about that, i need to call Denon so they can take care, i am going to take a day off to call Denon because i work all day long and i havent had the chance to call them.
The guy at Guitar Center told me that it may be a firmware issue, so we have to wait for a solution, he said the TTM57 MKII has a similar problem for almost a year. Lets see what Denon says about it.
Now what i dont understand is: Why inMusic Brands, INC warrants the controller is free from defects when it is not? This has no sense at all.
I sold my TTM57SL to buy a "good" controller so i can use Serato DJ and now i have to rent a mixer because my "new Denon" is useless... I dont know if this is happening to you but sometimes when i load a track the audio comes with the lowes, the mids or the highs at half its like if i had moved those knobs.
Lets see...

Andy from Germany
d:raf 2:45 PM - 5 June, 2016
Tracking...
Dr.K.No 10:08 PM - 24 July, 2016
I actually had the same situation today. Loaded a track onto a channel and thought it sounded funny - bass was missing. The same song sounded different on all four channels, even with everything in center position. A firmware update seemed to alleviate the problem, but today my gain and the headphones acted up. Fiddeling with the headphone volume caused changes in the gain of the channels. sometimes the gain would also suddenly lower itself without touching the unit - adjusting the gain caused it to snap back to the correct level again. Headphone cueing did not work at all over large parts of the set. This is very worrying and I am considering to return the unit. I wonder if there are a few broken units around and we had bad luck with ours? I'm on a Mac running the current OS.
Dj Wunder 10:21 PM - 24 July, 2016
Are you guys using Serato's controller button remapping? I had a similar issue on my DDJ-SX2 where the channel 3 gain was pinned on max with that activated. Deactivating fixed the issue
Cuervo 10:49 PM - 24 July, 2016
Quote:
I actually had the same situation today. Loaded a track onto a channel and thought it sounded funny - bass was missing. The same song sounded different on all four channels, even with everything in center position. A firmware update seemed to alleviate the problem, but today my gain and the headphones acted up. Fiddeling with the headphone volume caused changes in the gain of the channels. sometimes the gain would also suddenly lower itself without touching the unit - adjusting the gain caused it to snap back to the correct level again. Headphone cueing did not work at all over large parts of the set. This is very worrying and I am considering to return the unit. I wonder if there are a few broken units around and we had bad luck with ours? I'm on a Mac running the current OS.

Denon sent me a brand new MCX8000, it seems there are some units out there with the same problem.

Mine is working very well i hope it stays like that.
DJ Rafa9 12:24 AM - 23 September, 2016
Hello,

I had a problem today with my MCX8000. It starting acting up. there was a very loud and distorted noise that came out of the speakers even with the master volume all the way to 0. The indicators lights for the all channels were all the way up like if something was playing. I turned off the equipment restarted and the same thing happened again. All the lights were going crazy, turning on and off by itself. I updated the firmware and did not help. I contacted Dennon and the told me I need to send the unit to them to be repaired. How did you get Dennon to send you a brand new unit? Thanks
Rebelguy 12:32 AM - 23 September, 2016
Have you tried returning it to the store you got it from?