Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Support for Pioneer XDJ-700

rcurlee 10:21 PM - 8 November, 2015
esp. using HID...

Seems like a no brainer since XDJ-1000 are already supported, but it seems like there is no official support planned for XDJ-700. :(

See thread serato.com
DJ-Sven 7:57 PM - 13 November, 2015
+1
Nacho Ruiz 7:01 PM - 20 November, 2015
+1
nikodb 10:39 AM - 21 November, 2015
+1
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:03 PM - 21 November, 2015
+1
DJ Zewolfy 12:08 AM - 24 November, 2015
+1
Locher 8:00 AM - 24 November, 2015
+1
mrcool 11:15 PM - 24 November, 2015
+10 (I asked my friends too)
matte1972 1:08 AM - 25 November, 2015
+1
Simon488 11:54 PM - 30 November, 2015
+1
earnestdotcom 12:21 AM - 7 December, 2015
Yes, please!
maarawoe 7:58 PM - 7 December, 2015
+1
SpacemanSpliff 10:55 PM - 7 December, 2015
Yes, please. I'm considering buying a pair and would switch to Rekordbox if Serato didn't support them, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I have a strong feeling that these are going to be a lot of DJs' first modular players—without Serato support you risk losing a significant number of DJs as they transition from controllers to modular setups. It's bad enough that a Rane SL2 or Denon DS1 costs 300% more than a Traktor Audio 2.
dahuhn 1:45 PM - 10 December, 2015
+1
Special ed 8:03 AM - 11 December, 2015
I'm planning on buying a pair of xdi 700 because its compact design and features so please add support.
DJ Focker 7:28 AM - 12 December, 2015
These Decks look to be a perfect travel rig with the New DJM-S9. I can fit them in a Flight case that is 3 inches bigger then my DDJ-SX2 case....tons of redundant back up features if the computer should go down and Rekordbox was prepped.
Love the huge touch screen with keyboard for searches!
They will also fit in a TON of controller backpacks with mixer....
Please support this product, it is a much better featured version of the DJM-300's which is the only other small/medium format CDJ/Media Player that you natively support.
djkee 3:50 AM - 13 December, 2015
yes please
Ben Santo 11:33 PM - 17 December, 2015
+1
Big Pops 12:33 AM - 20 December, 2015
Support is necessary
Jay Mac 87 4:13 PM - 21 December, 2015
+1 I just sold my ddjsx as i was fed up of lugging it about to gigs. debaiting a pair of these to have at home. i have a denon ds1. but if i could use hid i would
Beekir 7:15 PM - 6 January, 2016
+1 as I have a pair of XDJ-700's on order right now :)
gav Clifton 6:24 PM - 18 January, 2016
Considering a pair but don't really want to start using 2 types of software for music management & playout, which would ultimately lead to moving to rekordbox full time as it will work with all my gear. totally understand that Pioneer may be the ones not allowing you to native map the controller.
DJ Mike E 7:37 AM - 20 January, 2016
+1
DJFocker 9:12 PM - 27 January, 2016
2 XDJ - 700's with an S9 would be fantastic!
In an odyssey coffin case 2" bigger then my SX2, with WAY more options....
Size of Deck, Touchscreen with Qwerty Keyboard...
Please support
JackattackDJ 4:28 PM - 4 February, 2016
+1 from me.

I'm planning on moving from a controller to a pair of xdj-700s. If Serato can't support the 700s (relatively soon) then I'll probably be switching to Rekordbox :-(
J-Rogers 8:54 PM - 7 February, 2016
I would love this! I really want to buy these compact on the road cdj's. Still using scratch now with CDJ-400's. Time for an upgrade. If this support won't come soon I will probably have to start using Rekordbox.
victorolle@hotmail.com 9:13 AM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
esp. using HID...

Seems like a no brainer since XDJ-1000 are already supported, but it seems like there is no official support planned for XDJ-700. :(

See thread serato.com

We need it cause in some clubs there are xdj 700 and the only chance that we have is work with rekordbox performance ..... if you want that all the people begings to work with another soft is a great mistake cause you know that when you feel comfortable with a new soft is really difficult come back
victorolle@hotmail.com 9:16 AM - 9 February, 2016
We need it cause in some clubs there are xdj 700 and the only chance that we have is work with rekordbox performance ..... if you want that all the people begings to work with another soft is a great mistake cause you know that when you feel comfortable with a new soft is really difficult come back
WarpNote 2:47 PM - 9 February, 2016
Quote:
only chance that we have is work with rekordbox performance

Only chance? The control tone just stopped working all of a sudden? Cats be making things up. Sure I'd love the 700s to be supported like the next guy, but come on, you can still get buy nicely.
djkee 4:05 PM - 12 February, 2016
Pioneer has RekordBox performance mode now on CDJ-400. I can't believe that Serato DJ has no HID support for any of the small format CDJ or XDJ models (CDJ400, CDJ350, XDJ700).

I know it takes time to map all of the features to HID, but even if Serato is short-staffed, why not put the community to use? There's obviously lots of people who are wanting these features. I'm sure some would be willing to help. I would be.

It feels like Serato is only interested in high end users. If you can't afford a CDJ-2000, you are out of luck. Or if you want a compact, tiny DJ rig that doesn't weigh 25 Kilos, you are out of luck too.
victorolle@hotmail.com 11:55 AM - 22 February, 2016
+1
Special ed 10:39 PM - 28 February, 2016
support is a must for xdi 700s please will go great with my djm 900 and rmx 1000 .im a long time user of serato a huge fan.
fayerdike 3:29 PM - 12 April, 2016
HID support for XDJ-700 would be highly appreciated. Any recent update on this front?
Clubber1970 6:37 AM - 17 April, 2016
+1
kilonshele 2:28 AM - 18 April, 2016
+ 1
Josh1210 2:07 PM - 24 April, 2016
+1
matte1972 8:09 PM - 24 April, 2016
Come on Serato! Want this!
djkee 10:19 PM - 12 May, 2016
Recordbox DJ DVS will work ("unofficially") with both my Rane MP2015 mixer and my Akai AMX, so with no SDJ support for HID on XDJ-700, it looks like Rekordbox DJ is the way to go now. I don't want to, but if all of us are asking for this functionality and all we hear back is nothing, what are we supposed to think?

Why is this taking so long? Is there anything we can do to help?

Does Serato have to pay money to Pioneer to get access to this functionality? If so, how much? Can it be a paid upgrade users can pay for or something for a kickstarter campaign?

Or is it a manpower thing - do you not have enough engineers available with the time to do it? If so, I'm sure there are people who would volunteer their time.

Or can Serato work with another equipment vendor to make a small single deck control?

That's all I want. Something small to travel with my Akai AMX. It could even be as simple as this:
amazon.com/dp/B0052VYJDQ
djkee 10:19 PM - 12 May, 2016
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:23 AM - 13 May, 2016
with pioneer now pushing their own software i wouldn't expect to see any old or new pioneer hardware work with serato
victorolle@hotmail.com 1:58 AM - 13 May, 2016
Quote:
amazon.com/dp/B0052VYJDQ

Quote:
Recordbox DJ DVS will work ("unofficially") with both my Rane MP2015 mixer and my Akai AMX, so with no SDJ support for HID on XDJ-700, it looks like Rekordbox DJ is the way to go now. I don't want to, but if all of us are asking for this functionality and all we hear back is nothing, what are we supposed to think?

Why is this taking so long? Is there anything we can do to help?

Does Serato have to pay money to Pioneer to get access to this functionality? If so, how much? Can it be a paid upgrade users can pay for or something for a kickstarter campaign?

Or is it a manpower thing - do you not have enough engineers available with the time to do it? If so, I'm sure there are people who would volunteer their time.

Or can Serato work with another equipment vendor to make a small single deck control?

That's all I want. Something small to travel with my Akai AMX. It could even be as simple as this:
amazon.com/dp/B0052VYJDQ

I think so he's absolutelly right !!! Perhaps is time to sell my sl4 and with that money buy rekordbox performance cause is not normal serato's attitude about xdj-700 , we don't have any answer since december. Do you think that is the way to treat your clients mr. serato? without answer.
DJFocker 4:21 PM - 13 May, 2016
I have been using Rekordbox since January and DVS since it came out....SDJ stopped working for me, out of the blue, due to (according to serato tech support) "the use of iTunes as a music management tool and my library size of 98k songs"....SDJ is the ONLY DJ app that won't work with my library....including the legacy SSL.
Rekordbox is better than SDJ...better latency, better effects....pad effects....and with the DDJ-RR coming out the perfect sized DVSable controller.
Currently in Hawaii to DJ 2 weddings and Rekordbox with my SX2 and a TT is killing it!
Thanks for the memories serato....
matte1972 2:52 PM - 30 May, 2016
Have a set of these now, they are wicked bits of it.

I can't see why it would be hard to implement HID for this, djay pro have it.
DjSamyM 2:31 PM - 12 July, 2016
Just wondering if there are any update or news on Native support for the Pioneer XDJ-700 ?

is this the end for the serato & Pioneer relationship ?
jmf420 4:35 AM - 24 July, 2016
This needs to happen asap. Shocked that it hasn't already
Toby-la 2:29 AM - 13 August, 2016
+1 I would love for this to happen!
stratoferris 7:36 PM - 13 August, 2016
Quote:
with pioneer now pushing their own software i wouldn't expect to see any old or new pioneer hardware work with serato

I totally agree with Sparky...Pioneer stabbed Serato in the back! Why should they support any new Pioneer gear without Pioneer paying a licensing fee? I will say this Serato may become part of the InMusic stable..Numark,Denon,Rane,Akai see the big picture.
DJ TooHypE 8:31 PM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
Pioneer has RekordBox performance mode now on CDJ-400. I can't believe that Serato DJ has no HID support for any of the small format CDJ or XDJ models (CDJ400, CDJ350, XDJ700).

I know it takes time to map all of the features to HID, but even if Serato is short-staffed, why not put the community to use? There's obviously lots of people who are wanting these features. I'm sure some would be willing to help. I would be.

It feels like Serato is only interested in high end users. If you can't afford a CDJ-2000, you are out of luck. Or if you want a compact, tiny DJ rig that doesn't weigh 25 Kilos, you are out of luck too.

+1 This!! I own CDJ-400

serato.com
DJ TooHypE 8:33 PM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
I would love this! I really want to buy these compact on the road cdj's. Still using scratch now with CDJ-400's. Time for an upgrade. If this support won't come soon I will probably have to start using Rekordbox.

Traktor Pro & RekordBox offers Legacy Support for many CDJ's and there 64 Bits DVS Why ya'll dragging!!??
matte1972 4:20 PM - 28 August, 2016
Really keen for this to happen, as I'm sure many are.

Come on Serato! You got it for the XDJ1000!

My pair are perfect size to get to shows, but I'm finding myself using Rekordbox more and more and more!

That little bit of Serato love for it would be awesome!
Yunglist 8:40 PM - 11 October, 2016
Adding my +1 to bump.

This is honestly ridiculous that this hasn't happened yet. Already took away cdj400 support in seratodj, but to not add support for the new small players? lame.
SpinzCycle 2:45 PM - 13 October, 2016
+100

I'm about to upgrade my old CDJ-800 setup to something that can run Serato in HID and use Rekordbox USB for home use to prep for gigs.

The ideal choice is XDJ-700 ... except that it doesn't support HID Serato! Wot!

I would love to stay with Serato as I've used it for over a decade from vinyl to cd control, but now want to jump to HID and have the ability to use USB as backup. Having to spend too much on my home system might just force me to jump ship to RB all the way ... something I'd rather not do!
dj dyslexia 1:56 PM - 9 March, 2017
+1
It works with vdj already so can't be that hard
dj dyslexia 2:03 PM - 9 March, 2017
Apparently the mapping isn't far off the xdj-1000
DJ Alan-Lee 11:50 PM - 19 March, 2017
+1
BRUSS 2:33 PM - 21 March, 2017
+1
Laz219 12:52 PM - 28 March, 2017
One things that seems to get overlooked when people compare what Serato support with hardware compared to other programs....

Serato (and effectively NI) only support controllers/CDJs/XDJs/Whatever that they can work with the hardware manufacturer to officially support.
Compared to something like VDJ who try to include as much hardware as possible but without manufacturer support and any issues are solely the software developers to resolve.

Obviously both methods have their pros and cons, some programs may get support quicker but it may not be to the best capability possible- and any firmware updates could break that support in unexpected ways.

I'd love Serato to support as much equipment as possible because I have had to use rekordbox at venues with certain equipment and I hate stepping out from what I'm familiar with when playing live.
I do understand that they can't support everything though, dependent on demand.
djkee 10:02 AM - 8 April, 2017
Quote:
One things that seems to get overlooked when people compare what Serato support with hardware compared to other programs....

Serato (and effectively NI) only support controllers/CDJs/XDJs/Whatever that they can work with the hardware manufacturer to officially support.

I understand that. it would at least be nice if Serato could tell us that is the case. If Serato told us that Pioneer doesn't want it for that player, then we would go bug Pioneer. As it is, Serato just kind of ignores us.
Laz219 10:29 AM - 8 April, 2017
If you ask through the right channels, I've always found them very responsive.
DJ TooHypE 12:00 PM - 8 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I understand that. it would at least be nice if Serato could tell us that is the case. If Serato told us that Pioneer doesn't want it for that player, then we would go bug Pioneer. As it is, Serato just kind of ignores us.

+1 this
popnwave 5:40 PM - 11 April, 2017
You guys don't deal with negotiations much if you think it's that easy. Most companies have to keep their mouths shut about what is or isn't on the table if they ever want it. It's just part of the biz, hate the game, not the players.
djkee 11:51 PM - 12 April, 2017
Serato doesn't necessarily have to tell us anything specific, but ignoring is what we are upset about. Ignoring paying loyal customers who are willing to pay more money is never a good policy.

Serato, do you need more branding and marketing and customer service help? It sure seems like it. Can we do anything to help?

I'm completely serious in offering help.
DJ TooHypE 3:46 AM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:
Serato doesn't necessarily have to tell us anything specific, but ignoring is what we are upset about. Ignoring paying loyal customers who are willing to pay more money is never a good policy.

Serato, do you need more branding and marketing and customer service help? It sure seems like it. Can we do anything to help?

+1
matte1972 11:29 PM - 17 April, 2017
Quote:

+1 this
White Lotus 2:58 PM - 27 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

+1 this
DJ TooHypE 12:13 AM - 14 September, 2017
Bump
Clubber1970 4:40 AM - 19 September, 2017
I fear this will never be implemented because Pioneer don't give any licenses for any XDJ model to third party vendors (exept the XDJ1000). I think giving the license for the 1000 was i kind of mistake by Pioneer of the management staff.
Lou Dog 3:25 AM - 27 September, 2017
+1
djkee 2:46 AM - 8 November, 2017
SDJ now supports the Denon Prime player. And the Denon Prime player will convert RekordBox data automatically. Pioneer, are you paying attention?

It is now a race between Denon and Pioneer. This is what we call a game of "chicken"

Will Denon come out with a HID capable Prime player with a smaller size footprint? (or maybe even with a Numark name plate on it)
Or
Will Pioneer give up its RB marketing ploy and let lower models like XDJ-700 (and XDJ 1000mk2 and CDJ-900NXS) open up to HID for Serato to fend of competition from Denon?

I just want a small size player where both decks will fit in a carry on.

Honestly, I don't mind paying $900 for one if it had all that.
DJ J_Shock 2:21 AM - 23 February, 2018
Please provide support for the xdj1000mk2 and xdj-700
olliekav 12:55 AM - 27 February, 2018
I just picked up the XDJ-1000Mk2's and the DJM-750MK2, have to say I'm really enjoying Rekordbox DVS after 10+ years of Serato.

At this point the software is all becoming so similar it's really easy to jump between them (apart from Control vinyl which is a pin in the ass), Rekordbuddy helps as well. Will see if I go back to Serato if/when they support this hardware, Serato DJ Pro has some nice features.