Pioneer XDJ-700

Nacho Ruiz 9:15 AM - 13 October, 2015
Hi, I wonder if the Pioneer XDJ-700 will be Serato DJ supported as the XDJ-1000

Thanks

N
Serato, Support
Martin C 1:28 AM - 15 October, 2015
Hi Nacho Ruiz,

We've got no current plans to support the XDJ-700 but we will be monitoring feedback and demand for this. If there is demand, its possible we could provide support in an update at some point.

Are you planning to buy some XDJ-700 units for yourself?

Thanks for your feedback!
djkee 2:54 AM - 15 October, 2015
Yes! Please bring support for the XDJ700. A lot of DJs loved the CDJ400 for its small size and versatility. Definitely looking to pick up a pair because our hevily used CDJ400s are starting to have trouble reading from a USB. I would love to be using it with Serato rather than RecordBox.
Nacho Ruiz 4:19 AM - 15 October, 2015
Hi, Martin C,

Maybe I would buy a pair of units if it's supported. I'm a DDJ-SX2 user but I think it's a great solution as it's compact and portable, and the clubs usually have decent mixers. I was a happy user of the CDJ-400 with Scratch Live...

Thanks
mrcool 8:22 PM - 15 October, 2015
I'm interested!!!

I mean if you guys don't support the XDJ series then record box would just take over. Don't let them gain any more market share! Serato FTW! If you slack on this you'll slowly lose more and more people switching to keeping their tracks in rekord box. I would think it would be pretty easy with all the base work for the XDJ-1000 there
mrcool 8:44 PM - 15 October, 2015
oops i couldnt edit.

The XDJ-700 is a really great option, it has all the "necessary" features for people that want to use thumb drives for their music, and a "real" mixer. I plan on getting two XDJ-700 to use with my techs and my pioneer nxs900-djm. the only reason im not getting rid of the DJM is because serato came out with the club package.
djkee 3:24 AM - 16 October, 2015
Akai AMX plus a pair of XDJ700s would be an awesome compact and lightweight setup.
danielthewave 9:41 AM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Akai AMX plus a pair of XDJ700s would be an awesome compact and lightweight setup.

+1
viper9711 3:26 PM - 16 October, 2015
+1 -Times ago I loved the small Denon SC-2000`s
Lightning 4:17 PM - 19 October, 2015
After checking these out i wouldn't mind having a pair as secondary for a 4 channel setup with my 1000's or something just a little portable as I really don't like controllers much.

Good news is, I don't need Serato support to buy or use them.
Bad news is, means I'll just use Serato that much less depending on what I am doing.
nikodb 1:21 AM - 20 October, 2015
Looks like the only option to use these on Serato with their full potential is HID....probably you cant be running a midi among with timecode from usb, same as all cdjs...+1 for a setup on internal mode setup with an AMX...
rcurlee 12:35 AM - 7 November, 2015
I was planning to buy a pair of XDJ-700. Does this mean that I would not be ale to use HID with XDJ-700 to control Serato DJ? If so that's very concerning to me. I don't want to have to convert all my tracks and playlists to RekordBox. Plus RekordBox doesn't support FLAC, so I'd have to convert all my tracks to AIFF or WAV. BOO!
nikodb 7:21 AM - 7 November, 2015
No you cant use these on HID for the time...nobody knows for sure about the future also.
PopRoXxX 5:06 PM - 7 November, 2015
Feature Suggestion area guys. That's where you wanna be for this
rcurlee 4:44 PM - 20 November, 2015
I added a thread to the feature suggestion area... Cast your votes!

serato.com
hubertolivier123 7:32 PM - 1 May, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

+1

+1

I do about 70 party/year. I play on rekordbox, and one of the dj playing with me use serato. We use 2 (3 or 4) CDJ 2000 nexus, a djm 2000 Nexus and a sl4. This set up give us lot of fun. But when you have to play 1 or 2 hours on the beach and you have to walk 300m in the sand alone with your case of 35kg.... you dream about a compact solution to connect 2 computers : 1 on serato, and 1 on rekordbox .......... so Akai AMX plus a pair of XDJ700s !!!!!
Antonio C 7:03 PM - 13 November, 2016
We've got no current plans to support the XDJ-700 but we will be monitoring feedback and demand for this. If there is demand, its possible we could provide support in an update at some point.

I was wondering if its there any news about this?

I thinking about buying a pair of XDJ 700 and i would like to know if everything its going to work well with the Serato Dj.

Thanks
djkee 9:04 AM - 16 November, 2016
Has this changed at all?

I hear Pioneer has a new certification program.
yogosan 3:46 PM - 2 December, 2016
Quote:
Hi, I wonder if the Pioneer XDJ-700 will be Serato DJ supported as the XDJ-1000

Thanks

N

+1
+1
+1
yogosan 3:47 PM - 2 December, 2016
Quote:

I was wondering if its there any news about this?

I thinking about buying a pair of XDJ 700 and i would like to know if everything its going to work well with the Serato Dj.

Thanks

+1
+1
+1
+1
Clubber1970 5:48 PM - 22 December, 2016
+1
djkee 10:43 PM - 22 December, 2016
Yes. I am planning to buy XDJ-700. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring HID support for SDJ.

I realize that Serato makes no money when Pioneer sells an XDJ or CDJ player. I realize that with Pioneer's SDJ-compatible controllers, Serato gets paid a licensing fee.

I would be happy to pay Serato some amount of money for XDJ-700. It could be a paid upgrade like DVS, or some FX packs.

I know Pioneer would much rather force Serato customers to buy the much expensive players like CDJ Nexus. However, I need a small player that I can fit one pair of decks into my carry-on luggage on the plane.

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Quote:
Hi Nacho Ruiz,

MCDJ hush 10:16 AM - 29 December, 2016
I'm also looking at getting a pair of Pioneer XDJ-700 mainly of 2 reason. Space and cost.
However with no HID mode support from Serato DJ and no ability to play time code CD this means I will have to switch to using Pioneer's Rekordbox. And now Pioneer also do DVS which mean I can also use my 1210's in Rekordbox. So it looks like its bye bye to Serato... (Sorry).
Tommy Deem 5:22 PM - 29 December, 2016
U can use timecode from usb sticks...
nikodb 7:02 PM - 29 December, 2016
Quote:
U can use timecode from usb sticks...

its no different from a cdj 400/350 like so...all features are useless on time-codes, plus lag
Tommy Deem 8:48 PM - 29 December, 2016
I know, timecode with cdj/xdj's is dead. Pointed out that cause he think that he cannot use timecode with xdj-700's
MCDJ hush 2:51 PM - 30 December, 2016
Thanks for the advice guys. However just waiting on the post man to deliver my Non Serato Supported devices (Pioneer's XDJ-700 x2 and DJM-450).
I really wanted to keep with Pioneer and its the industry standard but cant afford to buy the top of the range gear. And i also want to be able to DJ without a laptop and this is the only option i have which will fit in the small space i have and fails with budget.
So i'm left with no option than to move from Serato to Rekordbox...
MCDJ hush 2:11 AM - 1 January, 2017
Also i believe that now Pioneer have release a paid version of Rekordbox which now has DVS just like Serato DJ I cant see Pioneer allowing Serato to use any more of their devices outside of Rekordbox. That surely would be bad for business.
Which is a shame. And as Serato users for sometime now I really hope this isnt the case, but time will tell.
deejdave 3:54 AM - 2 January, 2017
Quote:
I really wanted to keep with Pioneer and its the industry standard but cant afford to buy the top of the range gear.

It is not really Pioneer that is the industry standard. It is the top range gear that is.
Quote:
I cant see Pioneer allowing Serato to use any more of their devices outside of Rekordbox

The CDJ-2000NXS2/DJM-900NXS2/DDJ-SZ2 were all just recently added to the Serato roster so we 100% know this not to be the reality. There is also this little bit www.pioneerdj.com but again only applies to the top range HW.

The good news though is Rekordbox DJ is not half bad and is a very familiar feel/look to Serato. So much in fact it has been accused of being a SDJ clone. That one is for you to decide but point being it may in fact help out in your case.
john_SA 6:07 PM - 2 January, 2017
HI MARTIN C
WE DO NEED HID ON XDJ-700
MCDJ hush 5:50 PM - 6 January, 2017
Well i im all setup with my new gear (Pioneer's XDJ-700 x2 and DJM-450 None of which is support in Serato).
And even on a two channel mixer with the XDJ connected in HID in Rekordbox i can use my 1210 in Rekordbox DVS and still switch to my XDJ simply by changing the mode from REL to INT. All without stopping the music.
For me this ticks all the boxes and i cant see any way back to Serato now.
nikodb 9:35 PM - 6 January, 2017
Quote:
Well i im all setup with my new gear (Pioneer's XDJ-700 x2 and DJM-450 None of which is support in Serato).
And even on a two channel mixer with the XDJ connected in HID in Rekordbox i can use my 1210 in Rekordbox DVS and still switch to my XDJ simply by changing the mode from REL to INT. All without stopping the music.
For me this ticks all the boxes and i cant see any way back to Serato now.

Good for you...but completely pointless to the purpose of this thread
MCDJ hush 10:05 PM - 6 January, 2017

The point is; because Serato don't Support these devices I had to move to Rekordbox. I was really happy with Serato and would of liked to continue to use it.
But I only could afford these devices and they where also the only ones which would fit in my limited space.

So the bottom line is. Support it or people will try other products. Just like it did.
nikodb 12:30 AM - 8 January, 2017
Quote:

The point is; because Serato don't Support these devices I had to move to Rekordbox. I was really happy with Serato and would of liked to continue to use it.
But I only could afford these devices and they where also the only ones which would fit in my limited space.

So the bottom line is. Support it or people will try other products. Just like it did.

Like i said its good for you that you found a better product that suits your needs....i always found my way regarding hardware and can always adapt to various situations owning modular equipment such as sp1, neons etc.....

If you cant live without an xdj 700 to go to work, then your choice was absolutely correct...I still use whatever the venues have and my personal cdj 350s on my mobile gigs, not everybody needs xdj 700 to perform....if i find rekordbox a better platform, i ll swich iregardles of an xdj, those things come and go...software is forever.

This thread is simply to point to serato to support more products cause we like using their platform...not to praise other vendors as a better solution.
yogosan 8:06 PM - 9 January, 2017
i wish that serato would support the Pioneer XDJ-700 .
can't you make one update for that??
im sure that many people would appreciate ...since the Pioneer XDJ-700 , is at a very nice price..not everyone have 1000e to pay for a controller ...
thankx
inertia 5:26 PM - 8 February, 2017
I am about to move over to the XDJ-700... Any news if / when they will be supported yet?
yogosan 8:28 PM - 8 February, 2017
inertia 5:26 PM - 8 February, 2017
I am about to move over to the XDJ-700... Any news if / when they will be supported yet?
Quote· Report· Permalink

👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽
👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍ðŸ
¿
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏ðŸ
¿ðŸ™ðŸ¿ðŸ™ðŸ¿...please???
HOUSE2009 9:19 AM - 9 February, 2017
it is time to support the xdj 700 with hid in serato dj. recordbox is no alternative for the srato users. the size of these players are great for some reasons. in the past the same problem was with cdj 350 this was working in serato scrach. after the update to serato dj it was not working anymore in HID. This is policy.

the policy of pioneer & serato cooperation is not customer friendly. there are dj's they don't want buy an xdj 1000 or nexus 2000s. we are not idiots we are your customers. it is only a protocoll like midi. why you not tell us the truth. if you really want help your customers fix this easy thing. tell us the truth that pioneer don't want this because they like to sell his big brothers, recordbox and usb controllers.
john_SA 9:30 AM - 9 February, 2017
Quote:
it is time to support the xdj 700 with hid in serato dj. recordbox is no alternative for the srato users. the size of these players are great for some reasons. in the past the same problem was with cdj 350 this was working in serato scrach. after the update to serato dj it was not working anymore in HID. This is policy.

the policy of pioneer & serato cooperation is not customer friendly. there are dj's they don't want buy an xdj 1000 or nexus 2000s. we are not idiots we are your customers. it is only a protocoll like midi. why you not tell us the truth. if you really want help your customers fix this easy thing. tell us the truth that pioneer don't want this because they like to sell his big brothers, recordbox and usb controllers.

+1
MCDJ hush 12:04 PM - 9 February, 2017
I don't think Pioneer will allow these devices or possibly any new devices to be fully supported in Serato any more simply because they now often there own DVS system in Rekordbox. It simply wouldn't make good business sense.
PopRoXxX 2:33 PM - 9 February, 2017
Quote:
I don't think Pioneer will allow these devices or possibly any new devices to be fully supported in Serato any more simply because they now often there own DVS system in Rekordbox. It simply wouldn't make good business sense.

Then the DDJ-SZ2 gets released lol
PopRoXxX 2:33 PM - 9 February, 2017
And Nexus 2 support for SDJ even way after Rekordbox was supported
Tommy Deem 2:43 PM - 9 February, 2017
Why isn't rekordbox option for serato users?? :o
PopRoXxX 3:04 PM - 9 February, 2017
Quote:
Why isn't rekordbox option for serato users?? :o

That's where the Pioneer lockdown does come in though
HOUSE2009 3:34 PM - 9 February, 2017
@ tommy deem. Never change a winnig team (SERATO 4 LIVE). recordbox sucks it is a cheap copy of ni traktor with a lot of bugs. If you are a pro and play every weekend 8h sets than you don't need bugs and crashs. I tested it several times and decided not to waste my money (149.- € software license). serato is fine on time code vinyls, hid for the big cdj's. I prefer all this options including the stability and easy handling.

pioneer is too late on the marcet with controller software and close thats why the hid options for serato and traktor to dominate the marcet. cool for pioneer not for me. I have the money to buy me 2x nexus but why? for small mobile setups is that wasted money. Now I decided to buy me the numark ndx 500 for my mobile small setup. I don't support pioneer anymore. this policy is not mine and I'm not a lemming. a great dj can play with everything ;)
deejdave 6:17 PM - 9 February, 2017
Serato is not quick to support the XDH-700's due to the underwhelming request for said support. I know as an owner or potential buyer the cheap price is very attractive and you may find yourself feeling like Serato has forgotten you but understand it is a simple numbers game and this is just the minority is all.

Regarding Rekordbox DJ it has more similarities to Serato itself than Traktor. It s a VERY effective solution which even excels in some areas Serato does not with HID being one of its strongest areas. HID with the pro level CDJ's is amazing and the top tier (CDJ-2000NXS2 & Tour1) players are even better. Scrolling waveforms with HID..................... yeah!!

Many "fluffed" comments and speculation being passed here. Pioneer & Serato are still in fact working together. They are just prioritizing their efforts where it will make the most money or please the majority of users................... I make no claims as to the quality or performance of the XDJ-700 as I have never nor will I ever use one but we can all agree ( I hope) that they are by no means the most popular option.............
Tommy Deem 6:24 PM - 9 February, 2017
Quote:
@ tommy deem. Never change a winnig team (SERATO 4 LIVE). recordbox sucks it is a cheap copy of ni traktor with a lot of bugs. If you are a pro and play every weekend 8h sets than you don't need bugs and crashs. I tested it several times and decided not to waste my money (149.- € software license). serato is fine on time code vinyls, hid for the big cdj's. I prefer all this options including the stability and easy handling.

pioneer is too late on the marcet with controller software and close thats why the hid options for serato and traktor to dominate the marcet. cool for pioneer not for me. I have the money to buy me 2x nexus but why? for small mobile setups is that wasted money. Now I decided to buy me the numark ndx 500 for my mobile small setup. I don't support pioneer anymore. this policy is not mine and I'm not a lemming. a great dj can play with everything ;)

Playing rekordbox when have xdj:s on gig and 0 crash so far, playing 4 nights a week, 6hrs per gig, if not artist slot :D

But software issues are like spirit world, never know why it dosen't work :D
john_SA 8:41 PM - 9 February, 2017
let's focus on serato dj and HID option. i got 2 questions for those who think xdj-700 got underwhelming request :
why would you buy xdj -1000 to use it with serato if you don't have HID support?
if xdj-700 was supported and xdj-1000 not supported what option should you choose?

if you don't intend and won't ever use xdj gears then you are in a wrong discussion.
deejdave 2:27 AM - 10 February, 2017
Quote:
why would you buy xdj -1000 to use it with serato if you don't have HID support?

The XDJ-1000 came with Serato support day one so this is not really a valid question. The XDJ-1000 is not a bad player but not what I was looking for either.

Quote:
if you don't intend and won't ever use xdj gears then you are in a wrong discussion.

I never said I won't use XDJ HW just not the 700. Keeping in mind the XDJ-700 is not supported by Serato DJ how many users do you assume could possibly be attracted in a discussion such as this? especially considering this is not the feature request area of the forum.............
MCDJ hush 9:49 AM - 10 February, 2017
I have just bought a pair of xdj-700's and a djm-450. Mainly because of the following reason.
I can use them with my 1210'
They all fit in the space available
The cost.

Because none of these devices are supported in Rekordbox and pioneer get the license for there Dvs free with the 450 I have uninstalled Serato and now just use Rekordbox.
deejdave 12:02 PM - 10 February, 2017
Nothing wrong with that. Rekordbox is a fine piece of software.
djkee 8:49 PM - 27 February, 2017
Quote:
Serato is not quick to support the XDH-700's due to the underwhelming request for said support. I know as an owner or potential buyer the cheap price is very attractive and you may find yourself feeling like Serato has forgotten you but understand it is a simple numbers game and this is just the minority is all.

Don't make this about price. The first generation XDJ-1000 is almost the same price as the XDJ-700 now.

For users requesting, this is about 2 things.

For one thing, it about is FORM FACTOR. a pair of XDJ-1000 or CDJ 900/2000 will not fit in a carry on bag on the plane. Also, some DJ booths do not have enough space for a larger deck.

Secondly this is not about people who necessarily own or want to purchase the XDJ-700. It is about being plug and play. If i show up to play at a new spot and they have the XDJ-700, I want to just plug and play. The great thing about those pioneer models that do have HID for Serato DJ is I can walk into any DJ booth in the world and just plug in usb to my laptop and it is ready to go. No thumb drive, no time code discs, no worries.

Rekord box is adequate as a backup in case of emergency, but it doesn't go well with some peoples' work flow. I for one, hate how rekord box reorganizes all my music. I put my music on a thumb drive in folders by genre or playlist name. On CDJ-400s or media players that are not Pioneer (Denon, Numark, etc.), I have to browse tracks by folder and rekord box is meaningless. Rekord Box changes my file organization and puts them in folders by artist which does not work for me.

Maybe it is a smaller subset of Serato users that want the XDJ700 HID mapping, but that shouldn't matter. if Serato doesn't feel like they want dedicated Serato users to want to use and choose to use Serato every single time they step on stage or into a DJ booth any where in the world, any time, any place... then Serato has a serious fucking problem as a company.

Maybe we are a small subset, but it seems like there is a staffing or money problem at Serato. Either Serato is too shortstaffed to assign someone to do this or they don't have the money. We have said on the thread multiple times that we are willing to help out with that. We are willing to volunteer to work on creating it. We have also said we are willing to pay money for the XDJ-700 HID mapping as a paid upgrade.

We love the product. We love Serato DJ and we are even willing to pay a little more money for this functionality but we are basically being ignored. That is not good customer service and that is not how to build a brand.
MCDJ hush 9:58 PM - 27 February, 2017
This goes back to my point. Pioneer simply won't allow it because now they have there Dvs system in Rebordbox, they want customers to use their own software.
So why would Pioneer give/sell the licence to there hardware to other software companies when they can sell the licence to Rekordbox's Dvs.
If you ask me this spells the end of Serato.
I know loads of you love Serato. But if Pioneer start to lock down all their new products what will Serato be left with.
Even Denmon have their own software now.
Ragman 11:07 PM - 27 February, 2017
You do realize Serato has existed for over a decade without Pioneer backing. This is not some huge software company solely dependent on one large whale. They are very diversified with their software and can survive several companies leaving the nest. I don't know where you guys get this "Serato dependent on Pioneer to survive" mentality from because it is not accurate.
MCDJ hush 11:48 PM - 27 February, 2017
I hope you are right. I like Serato and wish them all the success in the world. But I just think the rules have changed now.
MCDJ hush 4:29 PM - 1 March, 2017
Also today Pioneer have release their latest mixer. The DJM-250. Which includes a free licence to Rekordbox and their DVS.

It seems like Pioneer are pushing their DVS system with their hardware.
popnwave 6:35 PM - 1 March, 2017
Only makes sense to support their own flavor with most hardware releases!
Ragman 6:45 PM - 1 March, 2017
Quote:
Also today Pioneer have release their latest mixer. The DJM-250. Which includes a free licence to Rekordbox and their DVS.

It seems like Pioneer are pushing their DVS system with their hardware.

this is old news. they've been doing that for quite sometime now. hasn't been as successful as they want.
nikodb 8:44 PM - 1 March, 2017
Everybody needs to understand that Pioneer or any other brand is paying Serato to implement hardware as HID on the SDJ platform...You can only relay info here and not demand support. Its very unlike that Pioneer came up with good terms for Serato to implement the xdj700 and Serato turned down a good offer...When spending 1300 euro for a pair of xdjs only, pio forums should be way more obliged to listen to bitching and such demands..

I d love to see those xdj700s supported as much as anyone here, but somethings happen in certain ways only...really think that plus one-ing this page would be way more beneficial that half of its comments written......no matter what the outcome, you do give Serato more leverage like that, if you really want that 700...its a better way of trying to get it...Bashing SDJ for that and praising other vendors is really just a waste of time, pointless and just a waste of space.
djkee 10:04 AM - 8 April, 2017
Serato... if Pioneer doesn't want to allow SDJ mappings for XDJ-700, please just tell us. Then we can go bug Pioneer. Ignoring loyal users just makes it seems like the issue is with Serato. We would understand if the issue is Pioneer. Just tell us.
john_SA 10:15 AM - 8 April, 2017
Quote:
Serato... if Pioneer doesn't want to allow SDJ mappings for XDJ-700, please just tell us. Then we can go bug Pioneer. Ignoring loyal users just makes it seems like the issue is with Serato. We would understand if the issue is Pioneer. Just tell us.

+1
DJ TooHypE 11:54 AM - 8 April, 2017
Quote:

+1

Or Direct us to who/whom we all need to contact there use to be immediate reply now it's if your lucky these days with Serato posts.
kav k 1:59 AM - 22 April, 2017
Hi, i am about to buy a pair of XDJ-700,Just waiting for the serato support.
Please could you do this.
MCDJ hush 3:25 AM - 22 April, 2017
I think it will be a long long wait.
djkee 2:48 PM - 22 April, 2017
I'm trying to buy a pair also and won't buy until this is a feature. Pioneer and Serato both losing out on my $$$ because they don't want to open cooperation on all models.

It is called "coop-etition" folks. Look it up. Cooperation and competition together is good for both players to elevate the industry.

But instead, one or both players will hold their breath and throw a temper tantrum.

Quote:
Hi, i am about to buy a pair of XDJ-700,Just waiting for the serato support.
Please could you do this.
deejdave 4:20 PM - 22 April, 2017
In all fairness I only see one throwing anything remotely close to a temper tantrum. They would have to be replying to you in order to throw a tantrum..........
blackavenger 7:09 AM - 23 April, 2017
Ha!
john_SA 1:41 AM - 1 May, 2017
ANYWAY I'M BUYING 1 SC5000 INSTEAD OF 2 XDJ-700 AND GIVE SERATO AND MY LAPTOP SLEEPING PILLS
DJ TooHypE 1:30 AM - 27 September, 2017
Quote:

@Serato #Serato any words about HID Support before I go with Denon DJ I am saving up and really close to get them really soon.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 2:15 AM - 27 September, 2017
Hi all

There are no current plans for supporting the XDJ-700.

For an up to date list of compatible OSA hardware go here: serato.com

Cheers
Matt
Jay Free 9:24 PM - 15 March, 2018
is this player NOT supported with Serato DJ? how can that be?
popnwave 10:17 PM - 15 March, 2018
...because Pioneer decided not to work with Serato on it?
deejdave 12:44 AM - 16 March, 2018
I don't think it is all that popular either for Serato to be putting in the leg work. These decisions often come down to a "by popular demand" basis.
(~ ̄▽ ̄)~ 1:49 PM - 3 May, 2018
well... i am using the xdj700 , djm 750 mk2 as club setup and SX as backup... its sure is a pain in the butt to sort, analyze, prepare tracks in both in Serato pro and Rekordbox when i update my collections... wish Serato would have an update for the xdj700 would be convenient when switching my xdjs to controller..... i can just use Rekordbox dj for both to run but i just prefer to use Serato instead....
Culprit 7:10 AM - 9 May, 2018
jayneural 3:39 PM - 8 August, 2019
C'mon bring Serato support on the XDJ-700, at least with club-kit.

Not anyone wants big XDJ-1000 or huge Denons/Rane Twelves...

Or at least bring some support for our good old Denon SC2000s :) Better, bring MIDI mapping for jog wheels.

We have so few choices for modular Decks with Serato...
DJMIYAGI 5:11 PM - 8 August, 2019
If it hasn't happened by now, don't expect it to at all.
jayneural 5:27 PM - 8 August, 2019
On Traktor side, they recently opened the DVS part, one could hope Serato would open the jog-wheel mapping part as a response.

It’s the only scenario I see as th XDJ-700 or SC2000 are now already quite old.
DJMIYAGI 5:42 PM - 8 August, 2019
Quote:
It’s the only scenario I see as th XDJ-700 or SC2000 are now already quite old.

Yeah but don't count on them adding support for discontinued gear.
deejdave 11:58 PM - 8 August, 2019
DO the xml research and get them platters going yourself!!
jayneural 3:53 AM - 9 August, 2019
I’ve already done it for. The SC2000s but I don’t like relying on hacks.
deejdave 1:17 PM - 9 August, 2019
I completely understand. Just mentioned in case u hadn’t gone that route.
AlekNS7 9:15 PM - 2 February, 2020
Question : If I connect 2x XDJ-700 with Serato supported mixer Akai AMX, would it work together? Would I be able to control Serato? I'm afraid not... ?
deejdave 9:46 PM - 2 February, 2020
Quote:
Hi all

There are no current plans for supporting the XDJ-700.

For an up to date list of compatible OSA hardware go here: serato.com

Cheers
Matt
jayneural 10:39 PM - 2 February, 2020
Hi Serato teams,

Why so little choice for decks or deck controllers working with Serato ?

Is it definitely now oriented to all-in-one controller DJs ?

I mean basically there is only one Pioneer XDJ deck (the 1000 mk1 that is many years old), the Denons and the Rane Twelve.

I hoped the club kit, which I purchased, would allow a bit more flexibility with time but it stayed stuck in terms hw of support.

For a modular mixer + deck setup it looks like we are redirected to Rekordbox or Traktor.
deejdave 11:14 PM - 2 February, 2020
Quote:
I mean basically there is only one Pioneer XDJ deck (the 1000 mk1 that is many years old), the Denons and the Rane Twelve.

you MAY have forgotten the CDJ-2000 the CDJ-2000NXS the CDJ-2000NXS2 the CDJ-900 the CDJ-900NXS the CDJ-850 and the Numark NDX500.........
jayneural 11:43 PM - 2 February, 2020
Yes you are right. I was thinking more of controllers.

I don’t want to spend between 1K and 2K for a CD Player in 2020.
deejdave 11:51 PM - 2 February, 2020
The Numark NDX500 sounds like right up your alley. Can also get the 900's or 850's for way less than $1000......... Also not sure how the year has anything to do with anything? If we were speaking of CD players from the 90's that would be one thing but these are units that have the same capabilities as others just happen to have CD/DVD players as well as the usual HID, MIDI, USB, Ethernet & Mass storage options.........
jayneural 11:56 PM - 2 February, 2020
Yep, the NDX would be the only option.

But I would prefer a much more modern controller for the same price.

I’m not surprised people are begging for XDJ-700 Serato support. Or are moving to other software.
deejdave 12:07 AM - 3 February, 2020
Well you see that's the problem right there. This thread WAS the place to make said request and it just does not have the activity to warrant the time & manpower to include the feature. In other words the juice was not worth the squeeze. While you may see some people asking for it they are few and far between when compared to other features? This WAS the place to ask for it but I am afraid that time has passed. This WAS the main thread to ask for the feature and there have been around 20 unique users asking for it in five years. This is not what you would call earth shattering and is basically how things get weighed around here.
jayneural 6:57 AM - 3 February, 2020
So basically it’s what I first suggested. And here we fully agree :

Serato has become oriented to all-in-one controller DJs, probably because the market decided it. They’re still probably used by CDJ users at the occasion.

While waiting to see if there’s anything fresh in the non-CD standalone/controller decks market, I have recently bought a pair used CDJ-350 for quite cheap, equivalent to the suggested choice of NDX. But they’re HID Rekordbox.

So had to switch. I had already switched to Serato from Traktor that I have been using for several years. Let’s see if the almost announced Rekordbox 6 will make me happy.
AlekNS7 10:59 AM - 3 February, 2020
Quote:
it just does not have the activity to warrant the time & manpower to include the feature. In other words the juice was not worth the squeeze.

First of all, adding support for one piece of hardware is not a rocket science and I can bet it's just the matter of couple of developer hours. Obviously there are some other reasons.

Second, you can not judge the interest based on one thread, even though it's official forum, I personally know many DJs who would be happy for Serato supporting XDJ-700.

Finally, my personal solution wouldn't be buying XDJ-1000 but switching to Rekordbox.
Culprit 9:03 PM - 3 February, 2020
I wouldn't get too worked up about it. It's just business at the end of the day, and is that really a bad thing?

Serato really tried to support the most popular models out the box, then work out deals directly with manufacturers for newer products that might not have high demand in the field.

If Pioneer thought the unit would be more appealing if it had a Serato Accessories badge attached to it, the deal would already be done. If Serato thought that applying said badge to the XDJ-700 would help it sell more software or gain subscribers, it would be worth the investment.
Culprit 9:03 PM - 3 February, 2020
tried = tries
deejdave 10:32 PM - 3 February, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
it just does not have the activity to warrant the time & manpower to include the feature. In other words the juice was not worth the squeeze.

First of all, adding support for one piece of hardware is not a rocket science and I can bet it's just the matter of couple of developer hours. Obviously there are some other reasons.

Second, you can not judge the interest based on one thread, even though it's official forum, I personally know many DJs who would be happy for Serato supporting XDJ-700.

Finally, my personal solution wouldn't be buying XDJ-1000 but switching to Rekordbox.

While I personally don't know a single DJ with a 700 (let alone one who wants Serato support for it) I make all my judgements based on the fact there has been no movement on this BUUUUT speaking of rocket science ...............
Quote:
If Pioneer thought the unit would be more appealing if it had a Serato Accessories badge attached to it, the deal would already be done. If Serato thought that applying said badge to the XDJ-700 would help it sell more software or gain subscribers, it would be worth the investment.

This is about as basic as it gets in terms of the logic behind this.........

I would suggest moving to platform that supports the hardware you have OR buying hardware that is supported by the platform wish to use. Otherwise request said support by all means but don't get you hopes up if/when it doesn't happen for obvious reasons. I wish nothing more than all hardware to be supported by all SW but this is not how things work and not for nothing we know nothing behind the reasoning other than the fact it is/was obviously not worth the investment to get them supported. Unless we are suggesting that Serato does not like money?
jayneural 10:51 PM - 3 February, 2020
Probably nobody would care about XDJ-700 support on Serato if there was choice in compact Deck players or/and controllers for Serato.

Currently, either you have to go with a CD Player beast even if you do r use CD anymore or you get a pair of Twelve.

Most went Rekordbox or Traktor I guess.
jayneural 10:52 PM - 3 February, 2020
*even if you don’t use CD
deejdave 2:37 AM - 4 February, 2020
Quote:
Probably nobody would care about XDJ-700 support on Serato if there was choice in compact Deck players or/and controllers for Serato.

Currently, either you have to go with a CD Player beast even if you do r use CD anymore or you get a pair of Twelve.

Most went Rekordbox or Traktor I guess.

Keep in mind Serato IS the most used DJ software currently so probably not.
djkee 5:33 AM - 20 February, 2020
I think it is circular reasoning to say that there is not a lot of demand for this feature. I do not own a pair of XDJ-700. If Serato were enabled for HID, I would buy a pair in a heartbeat. I'd pay $1000 for one deck if it had this feature. If Pioneer thinks it's current base of XDJ700 users don't use Serato, they may be right, but what about the money they are leaving on the table by people who are waiting for the feature before buying?

Whereas I wanted to have a small carry-on bag system for when i travel (Akai AMX & XDJ700), it looks like Serato and Pioneer are too busy passive aggressively staring each other down in coopetition to give a shit.

Denon just came out with the Prime Go. I think Serato HID support will be added later to that deck in the future (it is on all of the other Denon Prime units). I will most likely go out and and buy the Denon Go.

I'd much rather give my money to Denon than Pioneer anyways.
jayneural 7:18 AM - 20 February, 2020
I wouldn’t pay 1K for a now outdated controller just because it has Serato. I would pay the current price or buy something else.

I believe nowadays the difference of quality between Serato, Rekordbox, Traktor and even Vortual DJ is so minimal that the best decision finally is to choose your hardware and switch software.

Denon has done well with its standalone devices, probably its the way to go. Forget software, choose the best hardware and the firmware does the rest.

I’m sure the <1K standalone players / controllers market will be plenty of choice within now and next year.

The only thing that has me a bit frustrated about Serato is that invested in their full suite (club kit etc) thinking at some point with a 300€ investment they owed you support for more than just a closed ecosystem. Club kit hasn’t added support for any mixer for the past 3 years and has never added any support or feature to enable more decks player hardware.