Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Request: CDJ-400 HID Support =? please

DJ TooHypE 4:34 AM - 27 December, 2013
Please add HID Support to Serato DJ for the CDJ-400

Yes I can use Timecodes but really missing using INT-Internal mode with my CDJ-400's

So I am unable too configure 3 MIDI buttons BUBBLE/JET - TRANS/ROLL - WAH/WAH that's available too assign just like in ScratchLive.

Will this be available in the near future or next update?? crossing fingers that it is!! ;)

also notice under the RECORD options *.als (The Bridge) isn't available but that is another topic/thread! I'll keep and eye & research as well.
DJ TooHypE 5:04 AM - 27 December, 2013
Posted in Pioneer forum as well.

forums.pioneerdj.com
DJ TooHypE 7:14 AM - 18 January, 2014
Bump =? bet i know whats coming.... =/
ametjenesnemaan 4:18 PM - 17 March, 2014
+1
Nacho Ruiz 7:54 AM - 20 May, 2014
+1
Eloy Garcia 5:34 PM - 21 May, 2014
+1
VJBill 12:12 PM - 22 May, 2014
+1
Curls 12:54 PM - 2 June, 2014
+1
DJ Lalit 10:33 PM - 17 July, 2014
+1
Gu3d3s 3:32 AM - 21 October, 2014
+1000

I'm sold my SX and buy DJm +cdj400 and what come back to Serato DJ
DJ TooHypE 4:58 AM - 21 October, 2014
DJ TooHypE 9:59 PM - 20 October, 2014
Vicent Frias DjFreazer • MIDI Map individual Loop Roll sizes (alt + click)

Yeah !!
Unlike · Reply · 1 · 47 minutes ago

Hector Delgado Especially wit CDJ-400's =? -/+ buttons.

Why we need MIDI-HID Legacy Support!!
DJ TooHypE 5:47 AM - 21 October, 2014
Welcome to Serato DJ 1.7.X Public Beta

serato.com

Come on I'll even Beta Test it for you!! Give me a chance!! I'll configure even use generic drivers too begin with!! We'll figure it out!!

— feeling inspired

Thou feel these should have been supported since its Legacy HID-MIDI Controllers like Pioneer DJ CDJ-400 these ARE and IS the First/1st HID Device you started!! =?
Ariel M 12:28 AM - 24 October, 2014
+1
bsb 10:11 PM - 7 November, 2015
I'm also waiting for the CDJ-400 HID mode support.
As I see It, a lot of CDJ-400 users are still using Scratch Live because they love their old hardware and want to keep using it with HID.

I have two other official Serato controllers. Plus Rane SL-3. Plus Serato Video.
If CDJ-400 would get HID support I would definitely buy Pitch 'n Time and some FX expansion packs. I guess the same goes for at least some users out there.

So Serato, please add CDJ-400 HID and you'll have my money!
popnwave 6:22 AM - 8 November, 2015
It's been 2 years, I don't see it coming.. I loved my 400s but that boat has long sailed.
bsb 10:10 PM - 9 November, 2015
Sure, time has passed and my hope is getting weak.

Anyway the Vestax VCI-300 (olmost as old unit as the CDJ-400) got supported with version 1.7 last year. So I'm wondering why the CDJ-400 doesn't get supported too.
deejdave 10:17 PM - 9 November, 2015
The VCI-300 was an interface containing hardware designed for itch and the CDJ-400 is just an accessory that supported Scratch Live. Kinda apples & oranges here.
bsb 10:39 PM - 9 November, 2015
Thats true, I know. I have the 300 MKII.
deejdave 10:45 PM - 9 November, 2015
Great controller. I had two myself. Never had any issues except for the tension adjustment which just ended up being a matter of physically bending the metal arm inside by hand and all was fine afterwards.
DJ TooHypE 7:57 PM - 30 November, 2015
Quote:
I'm also waiting for the CDJ-400 HID mode support.
As I see It, a lot of CDJ-400 users are still using Scratch Live because they love their old hardware and want to keep using it with HID.

I have two other official Serato controllers. Plus Rane SL-3. Plus Serato Video.
If CDJ-400 would get HID support I would definitely buy Pitch 'n Time and some FX expansion packs. I guess the same goes for at least some users out there.

So Serato, please add CDJ-400 HID and you'll have my money!

I own the SL4 and really thought Serato would use/kept Legacy SSL Controllers in there Device Support. =( I too would purchase P&T, FX, etc show support. ;)
DJ TooHypE 8:03 PM - 30 November, 2015
Quote:
Sure, time has passed and my hope is getting weak.

Anyway the Vestax VCI-300 (olmost as old unit as the CDJ-400) got supported with version 1.7 last year. So I'm wondering why the CDJ-400 doesn't get supported too.

Mines too I'm contemplating ahem n¿ they support my cdj-400's HID ;) but with Serato =( No 64Bits, (The Bridge), CDJ-400's HID Support how silly there Device Support only last so long for some users. Atleast ahem continues support =/ just saying.
DJ Zewolfy 11:34 AM - 2 December, 2015
+1
vjrobertross 7:07 PM - 9 December, 2015
Please add CDJ-400 HID for SeratoDJ. This piece of hardware is great today and I'm stuck with SSL and Mavericks OSX.

Please please
Nyx 10:09 AM - 11 December, 2015
+1

Would be really great!
DJ TooHypE 4:07 AM - 1 February, 2016
Quote:
There's a lot that I like about SDJ, but basic core functionality that SSL had in droves is still missing - years after SSL development stopped, and this is what is so frustrating and pissing off a lot of long time, brand faithful customers. Its obvious when designing the new software and discontinuing SSL a complete oversight was made on what actually made the original program so successful.

This ^ +1
Just last two months got Traktor Pro because NO LEGACY Pioneer CDJ-400 HID Support (Traktor Supports them), 64 Bits Software(Traktor 64/32 Bits), &*.ALS (The Bridge) but I still come back too SSL mainly because am familiar with SSL and because of (The Bridge) still having few bits obstacles with Traktor which one day I'll overcome in time as soon I am more familiar with the DVS and how too properly setup with my SL4 to record my sets, or properly use it in General!!
Dj Bidu 2:17 PM - 16 August, 2016
+1
schlabber 8:11 PM - 14 February, 2017
+1.
Nothing happens since years. Will change now to NI Traktor again, because i don't want to buy new hardware, only to support Serato DJ. Byebye!
popnwave 2:00 AM - 15 February, 2017
Quote:
+1.
Nothing happens since years. Will change now to NI Traktor again, because i don't want to buy new hardware, only to support Serato DJ. Byebye!

Dude it's 10 years old, time to move on.
deejdave 2:16 AM - 15 February, 2017
Quote:
+1.

Given the fact this statement guarantees no future investment on the users end I am not sure what Serato is losing out on here...................... except a bit of volunteer work.
DJ TooHypE 8:02 PM - 17 February, 2017
It blows my mind Serato just doesn't want to continue legacy support on Serato first 1st HID Device.!! It's been how long since SDJ been around and this topic 3+ years!! I still continue to use SSL, unless SDJ supports my device I won't purchase there add-on features I mean why I can't use my CDJ-400 with them.
DJ TooHypE 8:04 PM - 17 February, 2017
Traktor Pro offers Legacy Support for many devices including my CDJ-400's I know I purchased a year ago. Just saying =/
popnwave 4:16 PM - 20 February, 2017
SSL is not SDJ.
DJ TooHypE 5:11 PM - 20 February, 2017
popnwave 7:50 PM - 20 February, 2017
Exactly, use SSL until you decide to upgrade to SDJ.
deejdave 1:10 AM - 21 February, 2017
Quote:
Exactly, use SSL until you decide to upgrade to SDJ.

Quote:
I still continue to use SSL, unless SDJ supports my device I won't purchase there add-on features I mean why I can't use my CDJ-400 with them.

He is.

I understand WHAT is being asked for here. I just think it may be a little unfair to expect this support. Hope for, wish for, want......... etc all good but expect? Problem is there is no money to be made here in other words the juice is not worth the squeeze....................

a.) Add support, keep said customers, said customers expect legacy HW even longer into future releases (SDJ 2.0 etc.) in the end NO REVENUE GAINED.

b.) Don't add support, risk losing some customers, others buy current (capable) HW in the end GUARANTEED REVENUE.

Which seems like the better choice from a business perspective.