Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

how to just video mix but not the audio

absorb77 4:52 AM - 8 November, 2015
Hi
I love Serato and vjing with it in a live performance. My question is, is there a way not to affect the audio track playing when you want to mix video. For example I want to just play a audio mix that I have previously made that goes for 40 mins and mix various video clips and photos using my digital console. I want turn and add effects with the knobs, slow the video down with the pitch fader scratch the video with jog wheels all without effecting the audio track playing. Is this possible? Cheers. Thanks
Niro 6:39 AM - 10 November, 2015
Yes, this is done very easily by uploading your mix to an audio device such as an ipad, iphone....etc. most anything that starts with an "i". Then turn your gains down on your mixer and Viola, you're video turntablist assassin, ready to chop up fools in your path. For added bonus, i would plug your i-device into a channel with a fliter knob, so you can add some real time flare into tje pre recorded mix. Please post a video, i would love to see the results. Xoxo
 6 2:27 PM - 10 November, 2015
It also only works if you're wearing a ninja costume.

nm
djpuma_gemini 7:01 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Yes, this is done very easily by uploading your mix to an audio device such as an ipad, iphone....etc. most anything that starts with an "i". Then turn your gains down on your mixer and Viola, you're video turntablist assassin, ready to chop up fools in your path. For added bonus, i would plug your i-device into a channel with a fliter knob, so you can add some real time flare into tje pre recorded mix. Please post a video, i would love to see the results. Xoxo

That would actually work quite well.
You can have the mix coming in on the aux and have videos playing through Serato and your video program (Mix Emergency or Serato Video) and just play with the records, twist knobs, etc and throw your hands up right when the drop kicks in and you'll be on your way to Throwing cakes at raves in no time.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 7:30 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
just play with the records,
You may have to let him know what Records are....
Quote:
Please post a video, i would love to see the results. Xoxo
+1
You get extra points if you incorporate an inflatable raft and crowd surf too - especially with a Mouse head on
absorb77 8:52 PM - 10 November, 2015
Lol! Ha You guys!
I've worked it out by setting serato up as a 4 deck system ch 1 and 2 video ch 3 blank and ch 4 audio mix. It's for my projector bicycle. It's a cargo bike with a battery/inverter system powering sound system, projector and laptop. @rideandshinebicycle instagram
djpuma_gemini 8:59 PM - 10 November, 2015
Why didn't you say so.
instagram.com
Code:E 1:37 AM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
Why didn't you say so.
instagram.com

Yes excatly cause honestly we all though you where some tool trying to fake his way being cool. This thing is actually kinda cool. DO you have a recharge system built in, or do you just rely on stored battery power?
absorb77 2:05 AM - 11 November, 2015
I don't understand about the whole cool thing but anyway yes i recharge the battery before a gig and when i get back. I can get about three hours. I can project anywhere on walls, buildings, lane ways etc.