Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Calling all NS7II users

DJ Padida 5:00 AM - 2 June, 2015
Alright guys I need help on an issue. Also for those who have the NS7FX/NS7 Mk1 as well as the V7's this thread is also for it too. Martin C & Geoff from the serato support suggested I create this thread so we can get feedback from other users who might had or are currently having this issue.

So here's the issue in serato dj whenever I would scratch on a deck there's a really loud (and deafening) pop that cancels out any audio coming through for under a fraction of a second. But scratching isn't always the trigger, pressing play also could do it too although rarely. The popping issue in serato dj would sometimes cause the limiter light (not dropout) to activate.

The problem is it's random and very difficult to reproduce. Serato guys can't seem to reproduce it themselves. Pitch N Time could be a potential cause but is uncertain since the popping was also present in serato itch 2.x.

I'm currently using sdj 1.6.3, the issue is there but tolerable. In 1.7.x it's worse (louder/deafening).

Here's a reference thread in the 1.7.4 beta area:
serato.com

Another thread in the itch area with the exact same issue:
serato.com

I'm also using a macbook pro 15 2011 i7 2.2 ghz 8gb ram osx mavericks 10.9.4
NS7II drivers/firmware are up to date.

If anyone is having a similar issue please give your feedback here and I'll report the findings to Martin C.

Thanks.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 12:39 PM - 2 June, 2015
I had this issue before...

I was using a late '09 iMac 3.06gHz w/16gb DDR3.
I reduced my screen refresh rate.
Increased my buffer size, when playing out.
Turned off Spotlight.
Used the Activity Monitor to turn off anything that I didn't need running while I'm DJing...
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 12:50 PM - 2 June, 2015
Forgot to mention that I also reduced the Master volume to almost minimal and also use a lower (less than recommended) setting for the Auto Gain. I stay well below the red on the master volume and and no go red on the deck volume...
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:33 PM - 2 June, 2015
Yep used to have this issue then the audio output would be lost i hear they fixed it in 1.7.5 but my ns7ii is in bits at the mo as waiting for some repairs tobe done so not done much testing with 1.7.5 but yes when it did try it i still had some POP sounds in the speakers.
DJ Padida 5:33 PM - 2 June, 2015
Quote:
Forgot to mention that I also reduced the Master volume to almost minimal and also use a lower (less than recommended) setting for the Auto Gain. I stay well below the red on the master volume and and no go red on the deck volume...

I did lower the master volume in serato dj before and manually trim down the gains for every song i would play so it wouldn't be ''yellow lining'' in the software. I guess that's why it's hard reproduce the pops. I'll have to re-test by increasing the master volume and gains to see if these would trigger those loud pops.

Skillz i'm assuming you had/have the original NS7 with this issue using serato itch before? Is it still happening when you're using sdj? And if you guys are also using PNT DJ?

Quote:
Yep used to have this issue then the audio output would be lost i hear they fixed it in 1.7.5 but my ns7ii is in bits at the mo as waiting for some repairs tobe done

I did and still have that issue too where the NS7II would completely freeze. The master volume VU on the mixer would stay lit red. Martin C told me it had something to do with the Pitch N Time plugin. He said to rotate the platters 360 on all 4 decks before loading a song on the decks.

Quote:
testing with 1.7.5 but yes when it did try it i still had some POP sounds in the speakers.

Did you ever see the limiter light come on when the pops occurred?

Thanks for the feedback guys.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:32 PM - 2 June, 2015
Yep i know the 360 trick but they put a fix out in 1.7.5 so do you still get that issue with 1.7.5 or just now audio pops?

And yes when the pops happen limitor and usb light if I remember correct.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 7:51 PM - 2 June, 2015
When I had the original NS7, I was using Itch and a 2008 MacBook (non Pro model). It took me some time to figure out the optimal settings to get things running 100% but everything was good until Serato DJ.

I upgraded to a Late 2009 iMac with dedicated graphics because it was MUCH faster than my MacBook. Itch ran EXTRA smooth on the iMac. SDJ ran good. I added an iPad 2 when Serato Remote came out and everything was still good.

I bought the NS7II and sold my NS7FX on the same day. I noticed that I started having issues again after I upgraded to the new controller. I maxed out my RAM (16gb) and things were running great until after 1.6.3.

I had plenty of pops, especially while scratching at the beginning edge of a beat, with releases 1.7.0 and1.7.1. I would also randomly lose control over the software. Sometimes, the platters would spin very slow and there was little to no control over the software. Things got smooth again when 1.7.2 came out. It ran similar to 1.6.3.

I added PnT (despite the fact that I didn't have an iCore machine) and things still ran good except the recording feature got crappy. If I tried to record a video set, there would be glitches in the recording and sometimes, the software would automatically stop recording. It also would sometimes stop recording while trying to record audio sets.

I switched over to a Dell i5 PC and things got a lot better. With the Dell, the NS7II responded to the Cue buttons differently. This was unacceptable to me so I put in help requests to Numark & Serato. We all agreed that the problem was in the Dell itself.

Finally, I switched over to a 2010 MacBook Pro. I upgraded the RAM to 16gb. No matter how much stress I put on the MBP, I rarely ever see any problems. Every now and then, since 1.7.4, the PnT plugin seems to malfunction. I simply turn off the keylock, then turn the keylock back on. This quickly fixes the issue while playing and as far as I can tell, no one seems to notice when the PnT has malfunctioned. No one but me, that is...

Also, using PnT was a problem on the slower machines. For example, if I disabled PnT while recording a video set, I had very few issues. The issues that I had while PnT was deactivated were hardly noticeable.
DJ Padida 6:05 AM - 5 June, 2015
Quote:
Yep i know the 360 trick but they put a fix out in 1.7.5 so do you still get that issue with 1.7.5 or just now audio pops?

And yes when the pops happen limitor and usb light if I remember correct.

Yes & yes i just tested it now. Got that loud pop and then the VU meters lit up all the way and froze the controller.

Now if i can get ahold of Martin C, apparently the thread i was on was closed due to inactivity.
Shorty 5:12 PM - 13 June, 2015
I had to open a Help Request with Serato because I'm completely losing audio with my NS7II running Serato DJ 1.7.5. It's happened twice most recently and when it happens, I'm still getting channel and master signals on the controller (I believe) but no sound is coming out of my speakers. It actually happened for the second time last night during a wedding (no bueno) and I'm going to try 1.7.3 and turning off Pitch-N-Time and see what happens. I have another wedding tonight so I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. As much as I love my NS7II, I'm only using it as my main set up because one of my turntables is bunk for the moment so I don't have a lot of other options. I really hope we can figure stuff like this out because I can'f afford to have this happen. People spend good money for a good DJ, but the hardware and software is going to make us good DJs look bad. I think I'm also hearing a loud *pop* when it happens like turning off a speaker/shutting down the mixer without turning down your sub/speaker gains. This seems similar to what other people are experiencing.
Shorty 5:15 PM - 13 June, 2015
Btw I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.5 on a 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro with 16 GB RAM and 1TB SSD so unless it's a setting in in the OS, the it shouldn't be a computer issue.
DJ Padida 7:28 PM - 13 June, 2015
Quote:
I think I'm also hearing a loud *pop* when it happens like turning off a speaker/shutting down the mixer without turning down your sub/speaker gains. This seems similar to what other people are experiencing.

YES!! That's exactly how the pop sounds like. This is by far my biggest complaint about it. Serato still has no clue how to fix it.

Quote:
Btw I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.5 on a 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro with 16 GB RAM and 1TB SSD so unless it's a setting in in the OS, the it shouldn't be a computer issue.

Not a computer issue but rather a software one.

Also when you lose audio does the master VU meter lit up and stay red? If so serato says you should rotate the platters 360 on each deck before loading a song when starting up. I do that but also turn off pitch n time dj just to be safe.
Shorty 5:55 PM - 14 June, 2015
Quote:
Also when you lose audio does the master VU meter lit up and stay red? If so serato says you should rotate the platters 360 on each deck before loading a song when starting up. I do that but also turn off pitch n time dj just to be safe.

Strange. I can't remember about the VU's. I've just been panicked when it happens so I'm not paying attention. I thought it happened again yesterday when I was doing a quick sound check but the audio came back fairly quickly and I didn't have to restart so maybe it didn't actually happen. I ran 1.7.3 and turned off Pitch-N-Time so now I need to figure out how to run the standard pitch lock without using PItch-N-Time cuz I had mad chipmunk voice (I LOVE pitching stuff crazy when DJing so I need something to help keep the pitch unchanged). It's crazy if Serato doesn't have a fix and we should all be able to get our money back on P-N-T if that's the culprit.
DJ Padida 6:58 PM - 14 June, 2015
Same I like to do extreme pitching for transitions but for now i'm gonna use the standard key lock cause the PNT is problematic for said issues regarding the NS7II. I haven't had any problems with the pioneer decks with DVS. I wish serato would be a bit more proactive on this. The popping thing is what leads to the controller freezing half the time with PNT on.
Ragman 7:12 AM - 15 June, 2015
I have V7s and the NS7FX. I run SDJ 1.75 maxed out with Video, PNT, Flip and all EFXs packages. I'm using a Mac mini (i7 Quad core + 16Gb Ram) at home. I've never gotten a snap, crackle or pop (knock on wood). However I have noticed that SDJ 1.75 runs better for me than any other previous version.
Shorty 5:24 AM - 16 June, 2015
Quote:
I have V7s and the NS7FX. I run SDJ 1.75 maxed out with Video, PNT, Flip and all EFXs packages. I'm using a Mac mini (i7 Quad core + 16Gb Ram) at home. I've never gotten a snap, crackle or pop (knock on wood).

I only use mine during gigs so no extended at home use or anything, but my MacBook is stacked. The problem only seemed to begin when I purchased PNT and it seems that based on other people's problems, it's the culprit at least in this case. I have a support ticket out to Serato and the first thing they asked was about my computer specs. I sent the file and am now just waiting to hear back. I may have to bust out my 1200 M3D's in the meantime while my M5G's are being repaired because I can't take a chance using the NS7II during peoples' wedding receptions and to keep having this problem. Seems awfully unstable. I get that there is a lot of product testing to be done with all of the different hardware out there; however, when the controller box and the unit itself is stamped with the Serato brand and software name, then you assume that it's going to work. So much for SDJ being their flagship product. I NEVER had problems at all with Scratch Live.
DJ Padida 5:06 AM - 21 June, 2015
Quote:
I have V7s and the NS7FX. I run SDJ 1.75 maxed out with Video, PNT, Flip and all EFXs packages. I'm using a Mac mini (i7 Quad core + 16Gb Ram) at home. I've never gotten a snap, crackle or pop (knock on wood). However I have noticed that SDJ 1.75 runs better for me than any other previous version.

Hey ragman I'm curious where's your master volume set to? Half way up, 1/4 down?

Quote:

I only use mine during gigs so no extended at home use or anything, but my MacBook is stacked. The problem only seemed to begin when I purchased PNT and it seems that based on other people's problems, it's the culprit at least in this case. I have a support ticket out to Serato and the first thing they asked was about my computer specs. I sent the file and am now just waiting to hear back. I may have to bust out my 1200 M3D's in the meantime while my M5G's are being repaired because I can't take a chance using the NS7II during peoples' wedding receptions and to keep having this problem. Seems awfully unstable. I get that there is a lot of product testing to be done with all of the different hardware out there; however, when the controller box and the unit itself is stamped with the Serato brand and software name, then you assume that it's going to work. So much for SDJ being their flagship product. I NEVER had problems at all with Scratch Live.

For real you'd think a serato controller should work flawless straight out the box only to have problems. Serato dj should've been kept for the higher end controllers so they can focus on issues that may plague them. SSL shoulda kept going for the DVS part of it. Consolidating their software into one created more problems. Fix an issue only to have created another or two.
Ragman 2:55 AM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:
[...] Hey ragman I'm curious where's your master volume set to? Half way up, 1/4 down?

[...]

Half way up works best for me
J.J. 3:24 AM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
I had to open a Help Request with Serato because I'm completely losing audio with my NS7II running Serato DJ 1.7.5. It's happened twice most recently and when it happens, I'm still getting channel and master signals on the controller (I believe) but no sound is coming out of my speakers. It actually happened for the second time last night during a wedding (no bueno) and I'm going to try 1.7.3 and turning off Pitch-N-Time and see what happens. I have another wedding tonight so I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. As much as I love my NS7II, I'm only using it as my main set up because one of my turntables is bunk for the moment so I don't have a lot of other options. I really hope we can figure stuff like this out because I can'f afford to have this happen. People spend good money for a good DJ, but the hardware and software is going to make us good DJs look bad. I think I'm also hearing a loud *pop* when it happens like turning off a speaker/shutting down the mixer without turning down your sub/speaker gains. This seems similar to what other people are experiencing.

This is what happened to me on 2 live occasions. I had to turn the controller off and on. Very frustrating because the dance-floor was packed both times. Makes me want to go back to SSL. My volume was half way. I can never reproduce this at my house.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 5:07 AM - 25 June, 2015
Have you guys tried turning off Spotlight before you play out?
J.J. 5:12 PM - 25 June, 2015
I have not turned off Spotlight. Still running OS X Maverick.

Why would Spotlight interfere with having no master audio? Is it taking up random resources every 15 seconds? Kind of like when we had to disable Wi-Fi on our PC's.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 5:44 PM - 25 June, 2015
Spotlight indexes the hard drives at random. It can cause unpredictable issues. I stopped having issues with SDJ when I turned off Spotlight before a gig. I turn it back on whenever I'm at home.

I usually don't have problems when I'm playing out. However, every since I upgraded to 1.7.5, I've been experiencing a number of odd issues. I haven't had the time to report them because I haven't had time to write them all down yet. This is my busiest year yet, as a DJ.

It doesn't hurt to disable Spotlight to see if this helps. I also disable iTunes Helper and other services that I don't need while running SDJ. It all makes a difference.

I'm running:
Yosemite 10.10.3
SDJ
NS7ii
Serato Remote w/iPad3
Serato Video
Serato Flip
Pitch n Time
External Video Monitor
Usually all at the same time.

Also running:
Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard (because it lights up & for convenience)
Wired Track Pad (for convenience)
USB 3.0 4 port hub (For the external Keyboard, Track Pad, iPad, and hard drive(s))
Internal and external partitioned hard drives

On a:
2012 Macbook Pro
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
2 Internal 2 TB Hard Drives
DJ Padida 6:16 PM - 25 June, 2015
Quote:
Have you guys tried turning off Spotlight before you play out?

No but this is interesting how do i turn it off in osx mavericks?

So far for now the akai amx + 2 afx are working great with sdj.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 7:18 PM - 25 June, 2015
Papa Midnight 3:21 AM - 30 June, 2015
Chiming in as a V7 user. After testing 1.7.5 thoroughly for hours on end without issue, I was thrilled to enjoy a complete loss of audio during a live performance.

No PnT.
No warning lights.
No indicators of a USB dropout.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 6:39 AM - 30 June, 2015
Try 1.7.6...
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:57 AM - 30 June, 2015
Quote:
Chiming in as a V7 user. After testing 1.7.5 thoroughly for hours on end without issue, I was thrilled to enjoy a complete loss of audio during a live performance.

No PnT.
No warning lights.

Well this doesn't look good also people with akai amx also reporting the same issue so looks like could be a numark driver issue maybe........

Iv still not got my NS7ii back so can't do anymore testing yet.
adriandjsilk 10:44 PM - 30 June, 2015
i'm also having similar issues i hear a pop and my ns7II freezes the wheels move really slow, my audio & video freezes. I have to turn my ns7II off and on to resume play. I have a mac book retina mid 2012 i7 quad core proc 16 gb of ram and a SSD Yosemite 10.10.3. I have video but i don't have pitch n time. I just downloaded 1.7.6 I'm using it tonight i'll keep you posted on how it works.
DJ Padida 4:11 AM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:

Well this doesn't look good also people with akai amx also reporting the same issue so looks like could be a numark driver issue maybe........

Iv still not got my NS7ii back so can't do anymore testing yet.

I haven't had any issues with the AMX...Yet.

Quote:

No PnT.
No warning lights.

Damn, as I figured PNT isn't the root cause definitely a software issue with the numark decks.
Still don't know why serato staff aren't able to reproduce this. I can about half the time but this is ridiculous.

Quote:
i'm also having similar issues i hear a pop and my ns7II freezes the wheels move really slow, my audio & video freezes. I have to turn my ns7II off and on to resume play. I have a mac book retina mid 2012 i7 quad core proc 16 gb of ram and a SSD Yosemite 10.10.3. I have video but i don't have pitch n time. I just downloaded 1.7.6 I'm using it tonight i'll keep you posted on how it works.

Yes please do keep us all posted on your findings.
Robbie O 4:05 PM - 1 July, 2015
This is frustrating. I have similar issues as well, but I never had the random cutting off of audio previously. I must have had bad luck, cause I upgraded my cross fader to an innofader around the same time and just assumed I messed up the install due to the audio issues :( . I now have a replacement unit with the same issues. smh... I'm on 1.7.5 with a maxed out 2011 mbp, I will upgrade to 1.7.6 and see if I get the issue. If I do, then I'm rolling back to a previous version.

Any one know where to get the previous serato DJ versions? I've seen the link floating around but I cant find it. Any assuming I still have the issue, any guesses on what version of Serato will be safe to roll back to?
DJ Padida 7:20 PM - 1 July, 2015
serato.com

1.6.3 is the least problematic for me, but still has those loud popping issues.
amada32 12:53 PM - 2 July, 2015
I have 2 V7s that produce a loud and noticeable pop (like someone turned off a mixer before the amp) every time he Master button on the master V7 is pressed. The pop also happens when I switch to the other deck as a master, so it's not likely a hardware issue. Not that I would press that button during a live performance but it can be reproduced almost 100% of the time.
DJ Padida 4:05 PM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
I have 2 V7s that produce a loud and noticeable pop (like someone turned off a mixer before the amp)

Bingo! Thats what the pop sounds like.

Quote:
The pop also happens when I switch to the other deck as a master, so it's not likely a hardware issue. Not that I would press that button during a live performance but it can be reproduced almost 100% of the time.

I'll have to try that and if I can reproduce it maybe serato can too and find a fix for this.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 11:03 PM - 2 July, 2015
Hey guys!

Quote:
I'll have to try that and if I can reproduce it maybe serato can too and find a fix for this.

Your best bet to get this issue looked into and prioritised is by opening up a help ticket with our support team! The more information we have the better, it really helps us narrow down the issue and get it fixed.

There is an issue reported with the V7 making popping noises when linked so any further information you guys can provide helps heaps!

Hold tight for a fix for the issue in a future release :)

Cheers!

Jas.
DJ Padida 5:04 AM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I have 2 V7s that produce a loud and noticeable pop (like someone turned off a mixer before the amp)

Bingo! Thats what the pop sounds like.

Quote:
The pop also happens when I switch to the other deck as a master, so it's not likely a hardware issue. Not that I would press that button during a live performance but it can be reproduced almost 100% of the time.

Ok so i just went an hour with the V7's and wasn't able to reproduce the loud pop when following this procedure. The only thing that happens is a ''stutter'' whenever i press master on either deck.

Quote:
Hey guys!

Quote:

Your best bet to get this issue looked into and prioritised is by opening up a help ticket with our support team! The more information we have the better, it really helps us narrow down the issue and get it fixed.

There is an issue reported with the V7 making popping noises when linked so any further information you guys can provide helps heaps!

Cheers!

Jas.

What about those that have NS7/NS7II? Those controllers also produce the same issue. Do you guys know the reason why this happens with numark controllers?
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:21 AM - 3 July, 2015
Well Serato did put a fix for the issue in 1.7.5 but i guess that wasn't the issue and that fix didn't fix it.

My NS7ii is in for repair having new fader and all the pots fitted.

But i will be selling when i get it back as can not be having this bullshit! SHOCKING and will never touch Numark again!!!
amada32 2:55 PM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:
But i will be selling when i get it back as can not be having this bullshit! SHOCKING and will never touch Numark again!!!

I actually think the V7 is an awesome controller, but the software/firmware issues give the units a bad rap (same with the NS7 and NS7II). With Serato DJ, it seems like Serato is too busy adding new "features" to really work on the software maintenance and fix all of the bugs (without introducing new ones). That's why the V7s sit in their case and I'm using ScratchLive with my 1200s.
amada32 3:20 PM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:

This issue only happens when the V7 units are linked (doesn't happen on a single V7). This popping sound also happens when adjusting the pitch on certain bass-heavy songs (which I did open a ticket for). Also, I have a VCI-300 that works perfectly with Serato DJ and somehow seems to consume less resources than the 2 V7s.

I have tried to do many different things that did not help.

Tried new CAT5 cables, didn't help.

Tried about a dozen USB cables, didn't help.

Tried switching the master from deck A to Deck B, helped for about an hour (maybe it was the placebo effect). Eventually the popping artifacts appeared with deck B as the master.

Tried disabling regular keylock (I don't own PnT), didn't help.

My laptop is on the older side (2009 unibody mbp with 8GB of ram), but I'm hesitant to go out and buy a brand new one because there are users with much better laptops than mine that are experiencing this same issue, which is why I switched back to ScratchLive.

Quote:

I had all but given up on the V7s (for the 10th time) until I saw this. Still doubtful, but this gives me something to look forward to.
DJ Padida 5:13 PM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:
Well Serato did put a fix for the issue in 1.7.5 but i guess that wasn't the issue and that fix didn't fix it.

My NS7ii is in for repair having new fader and all the pots fitted.

For real i had to replace the crossfader due to bleeding and may have to send it for repairs because the filter knobs are loose especially the the one on deck 2 is breaking. Not to mention their customer support is just absolute trash. I'm getting a pair of pioneer plx-1000 to go with the akai amx/afxs.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 11:38 PM - 3 July, 2015
Quote:
What about those that have NS7/NS7II? Those controllers also produce the same issue. Do you guys know the reason why this happens with numark controllers?

Hey Dj Padida,

This is the first I have heard of this affecting the NS7 & NS7mkII, it may well be a linked issue but the best course of action is to open a support ticket here; support.serato.com as a new issue, if we determine the root cause is linked they can be fixed together but if not they will both be looked at individually this way, it is hard to tell without more information so please drop us a ticket if this is affecting your NS7 units :)

Regards,

J
DJ Padida 4:54 AM - 4 July, 2015
Quote:

Hey Dj Padida,

This is the first I have heard of this affecting the NS7 & NS7mkII, it may well be a linked issue but the best course of action is to open a support ticket here; support.serato.com as a new issue

Hey Jason

I already submitted a ticket yesterday after I PM Martin C as he suggested. I'm assuming someone would reply to it via email?

Quote:
if we determine the root cause is linked they can be fixed together but if not they will both be looked at individually this way, it is hard to tell without more information so please drop us a ticket if this is affecting your NS7 units :)

Regards,

J

Well the issue is a popping sound (like someone turned off a mixer before the amp as amada32 & shorty have said) that affects the NS7/NS7II/V7. Most of the time the trigger would be scratching on a beat.

I'm thinking the sound output of these controllers are too hot and is causing these pops like too high of an overdrive? Or maybe the master volume in sdj needs to be lowered? Which I did and seemed to have helped as suggested by Skillz, I'm guessing which is why i'm unable to always reproduce it.

Jas, maybe if you guys at HQ could try that crank up the sdj master volume to max and use higher gain values maybe you could reproduce these pops using the NS7II and scratch tracks? If you do tho i wouldn't suggest using headphones. Also check the limiter light it usually comes up when you hear the pops.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:02 AM - 4 July, 2015
You could be onto something i notice the ns7ii master knob gain on the unit you have at 11 oclock and that full blast any higher sounds distorted. I thought that was odd. I have not tried putting the master in sdj to it's lowest but defo something i will try when I finally get this thing repaired. But if i still have the issue it will be for sale. Shame as a fun unit but since i got it in feb it's been nothing but issues. Iv spent alot of work with serato on these issues and we thought it would be fixed with 1.7.5 but i have not had the u it since that was released to try it.
DJ MATRIX @ 5:44 PM - 5 July, 2015
TO BE HONEST I THINK SERATO GAVE UP ON NUMARK BECAUSE WE"VE BEEN HAVING ISSUES SINCE SERATO DJ 1.7.0 I THINK THEY ARE GEARING THEIR SOFTWARE TO PIONEER FROM WHAT IM NOTICING NS7 AND NS7 2 BEEN HAVING ALOT OF AUDIO DROP OUTS AND ALOT OF DISTORTION AND SIGNAL LOST FROM THE SOFTWARE AND ITS GETTING RIDICULUOS NOW HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO SAY WE ARE PROFESSIONAL WITH OUR HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE WHEN WE ARE ENCOUNTERING THESE CONSISTENT MASSIVE ISSUES THIS IS JUST PATHETIC NOW HONESTLY!!!!!!
J.J. 3:29 AM - 6 July, 2015
I just installed 1.7.6 and within 1 hour, the NS7II master audio shut off and no volume in my earphones. The volume lights for the tracks on the controller was still going though.

Like DJ MATRIX, I was getting the distortion as well.
Papa Midnight 4:16 AM - 6 July, 2015
Quote:
I just installed 1.7.6 and within 1 hour, the NS7II master audio shut off and no volume in my earphones. The volume lights for the tracks on the controller was still going though.

Sounds exactly like what happened to me on 1.7.5 with the V7s.
DJ Padida 6:02 AM - 6 July, 2015
Quote:

Like DJ MATRIX, I was getting the distortion as well.

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds exactly like what happened to me on 1.7.5 with the V7s.

So I decided to run 1.7.6 and 30 mins in i get a pop and no audio just like 1.7.4/1.7.5 oh yeah the volume lights were still going just no sound.

Quote:
TO BE HONEST I THINK SERATO GAVE UP ON NUMARK BECAUSE WE"VE BEEN HAVING ISSUES SINCE SERATO DJ 1.7.0 I THINK THEY ARE GEARING THEIR SOFTWARE TO PIONEER FROM WHAT IM NOTICING NS7 AND NS7 2 BEEN HAVING ALOT OF AUDIO DROP OUTS AND ALOT OF DISTORTION AND SIGNAL LOST FROM THE SOFTWARE AND ITS GETTING RIDICULUOS NOW HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO SAY WE ARE PROFESSIONAL WITH OUR HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE WHEN WE ARE ENCOUNTERING THESE CONSISTENT MASSIVE ISSUES THIS IS JUST PATHETIC NOW HONESTLY!!!!!!

I've been having this issue since serato itch v2 with the original NS7!! Good thing i bought the akai amx + afx as an alternative solution. Now this has me really considering either getting a pair of pioneer plx-1000 turntables with the dvs expansion or the ddj-sx2/sz. For real tho getting really tired of this ish lol.

I'm in contact with one of the serato support guys in a ticket to try and resolve this issue, they really wanna fix it asap. So guys keep us posted we need every detail on how to re-create the problem for them to do so and find a fix on it.

Thanks y'all.
DJ Padida 6:03 AM - 6 July, 2015
Oh and i'm assuming everyone on here is using a mac right?
J.J. 6:16 AM - 6 July, 2015
Still using Mac 10.9.5 Maverick. Uninstalled Numark Driver 3.2.0. Restarted and Installed the same 3.2.0 driver and restarted again.

Played for 1 1/2 hours with no noticeable distortion or audio crashing. I will do another session tomorrow.

Don't get the Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable. youtu.be
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:47 AM - 6 July, 2015
There are users reporting this same pop and loss audio output with the akia amx.

Sad to see these show stopping issues still happening but what is more annoying others have no problem at all ever.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 10:15 AM - 6 July, 2015
I always get the loud pop and loss of audio whenever I switch to the newest version. Fortunately, for me, it only happens when I use the latest update for the first time. After I restart the software and the NS7II, I never seem to have that particular problem again, until the next update.

I have noticed a gang of other problems, especially since 1.7.4.

1). Track Search. After about an hour or two, the CTRL+F function seems to get unreliable. I have to hit CTRL+F at least 3 times before it starts to function properly again. I usually have to do this for the rest of the gig. Sometimes, I have to search for a track several times before the software finds it.

2). Pitch n Time malfunctions randomly. The bass gets choppy as if Pitch n Time isn't on. I have to click it off and then back on, on whichever deck is affected. Quick and simple workaround but, annoying...

3). Track skipping. At least twice per gig, the play head will skip to a different part of the track. Sometimes it will skip a second or two, other times it will skip from the beginning to the end, other times from the end to the beginning. I disengaged "Flip" once and it seemed to help but, I can't say for sure...

4). Start/Stop adjustment. At least once per gig, the Start/Stop seems to malfunction. When this happens, the NS7II starts up extremely slow and/or stops extremely slow. I have to turn the Start/Stop pots all the way up, all of the way down, then back to where I had them...

5). Mute icon. Two days ago, the Mute icon kept popping up on the screen, as if someone was turning the Mute button off and on. It happened for about 10 seconds (that I noticed) then it went away. I haven't seen it happen again since then...

6). Vanishing pointer. Since I started using Karaoke, my pointer has started to disappear. I figured that this was just part of an old Apple issue but, I have never personally had this problem until now. A friend of mine used the Karaoke feature for the first time (two days ago) and he complained that his pointer is also now disappearing at random.

7). Missing Crates. Some of my crates don't always show up. The Smart Crates always work but, sometimes 1 or 2 of them will be in the wrong place. Some of my oldest Crates never show up unless I restart the software. I thought that I had accidentally erased some of the Crates but they're there sometimes. It's almost as if they're old friends who decide to stop by for a visit every now and then. I'm always happy to see them, when they decide to pop up...

8). Screen freeze. I haven't seen my screen freeze up until after 1.7.3. It usually happens when I search for a track or when I search, load, and start it immediately. It does it much more often when I'm running Karaoke. The freezing only affects my main screen. It doesn't seem to affect the video output or control over the software. I've seen other DJ's screen freeze up all the time. It's new for me...

9). Random loss of Serato Remote. I rarely use Serato Remote anymore but, it's because I don't like having the random problems. Some days, Serato Remote will disconnect, as if I've unplugged my iPad. Several seconds later, it will start to work again, after I select my laptop from the iPad screen...

There may have been 1 or 2 other issues. The issues always happen at random times and they always happen when I'm too busy to write them down. I've also noticed that I usually have the most problems within the first 2 to 3 hours of gig time. The last 2 to 3 hours, everything seems to run extra smooth.

Here are my specs:
2012 MBP 13.3"
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
2 TB internal hard drive, partitioned
1 TB internal hard drive, non partitioned

NS7II
iPad 3
External screen (sometimes)
DJ MATRIX @ 10:50 AM - 6 July, 2015
MY BIGGEST ISSUE IS THAT WE HAD TO BUY THIS SOFTWARE AND THEY KEEP ADDING MORE PLUG INS AND EFFECTS STILL CHARGING US AND WE ARE EXPERIENCING SO MANY UNPROFESSIONAL ISSUES
Tommy Deem 12:38 PM - 6 July, 2015
Still no regrets with ns7 mk2, 2 days, 2 venues, 6h playing on each and 0 problem, it performed like it allways does, i'm happy :)

Matrix, plugs are cheap as what, software is great. Capslock is retartd. I don't remember having any majos issues, only ns.7mk2 when 1.7.4 was released but worked it around quickly.
J.J. 3:56 PM - 6 July, 2015
Great list Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! I thought I was going crazy seeing these things.

Quote:
3). Track skipping. At least twice per gig, the play head will skip to a different part of the track. Sometimes it will skip a second or two, other times it will skip from the beginning to the end, other times from the end to the beginning. I disengaged "Flip" once and it seemed to help but, I can't say for sure...

I've only experienced this at live gigs. Very frustrating. I use FLIP but even when it's not enabled, the track randomly jumps to another point in the track.

Quote:
4). Start/Stop adjustment. At least once per gig, the Start/Stop seems to malfunction. When this happens, the NS7II starts up extremely slow and/or stops extremely slow. I have to turn the Start/Stop pots all the way up, all of the way down, then back to where I had them...

I got this again last night with 1.7.6. It works as normal for 30 minutes, then it's like I set the platter Start/Stop all the way up. I have turn the pots to reset them.
Papa Midnight 8:17 PM - 6 July, 2015
Quote:
Oh and i'm assuming everyone on here is using a mac right?

I haven't tested this on Windows.

I had this happen on Yosemite running 1.7.5. I had to get my backup laptop out (which is running Mountain Lion and 1.7.2. It's slightly dated, but it's a stable environment that I know works).
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:07 PM - 6 July, 2015
The pop and loss audio output was reported on windows aswel but since the fix in 1.7.5 i have not seen any windows reports of this issue around.
DJ MATRIX @ 4:49 AM - 7 July, 2015
Quote:
Great list Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! I thought I was going crazy seeing these things.

Quote:

I've only experienced this at live gigs. Very frustrating. I use FLIP but even when it's not enabled, the track randomly jumps to another point in the track.

Quote:

I got this again last night with 1.7.6. It works as normal for 30 minutes, then it's like I set the platter Start/Stop all the way up. I have turn the pots to reset them.
DjBliZz 7:12 PM - 8 July, 2015
My track skiping issues were fixed with turning on the new feature to disable the strip search. I've decided that it's a hardware issue. My guess is the material used for the strip is cheap and gets warped from different temperatures. I haven't had the track skip ever since I turned that feature on.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:17 PM - 8 July, 2015
Quote:

Yep i get this all the time when i was using ns7ii quite a few times hit play and mega mega slow startup. grrr
DjBliZz 8:22 PM - 8 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Yep i get this all the time when i was using ns7ii quite a few times hit play and mega mega slow startup. grrr

That happens to me a few times every gig. It's annoying for sure, but definitely not a MAJOR issue. I just give the platter a little push and it's back to full speed. Then I reset the start/stop knobs back to 0 and back to where ever I had them. I've only really noticed the slow start when I have the start knob set to 0 for instant start. Might be an issue with that? I would love for this to be fixed but not before other major issues. It happens on the left deck more than the right deck, but it definitely happens on both.
DJ MATRIX @ 10:02 PM - 8 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That happens to me a few times every gig. It's annoying for sure, but definitely not a MAJOR issue. I just give the platter a little push and it's back to full speed. Then I reset the start/stop knobs back to 0 and back to where ever I had them. I've only really noticed the slow start when I have the start knob set to 0 for instant start. Might be an issue with that? I would love for this to be fixed but not before other major issues. It happens on the left deck more than the right deck, but it definitely happens on both.
DJ MATRIX @ 10:02 PM - 8 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 2:58 PM - 9 July, 2015
Serato got back with me and I realize that I had forgotten to do several things.

1). Turn off Spotlight. I usually do this before every gig. Being in a rush lately, I have neglected to do this.

2). Optimize for DJ use. Apparently, I missed a few steps in this process.

3). My USB Hub seems to have caused some problems and I also had a "new" USB cable on my iPad that was faulty. I switched back to my older USB iPad cable and it (Serato Remote) seems to be working fine.

I've corrected everything else that could be causing problems (App Nap, Indexing, etc.). I'll report my findings as soon as I get a chance to do another set...
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:29 PM - 9 July, 2015
Quote:
Serato got back with me and I realize that I had forgotten to do several things.

1). Turn off Spotlight. I usually do this before every gig. Being in a rush lately, I have neglected to do this.

2). Optimize for DJ use. Apparently, I missed a few steps in this process.

3). My USB Hub seems to have caused some problems and I also had a "new" USB cable on my iPad that was faulty. I switched back to my older USB iPad cable and it (Serato Remote) seems to be working fine.

I've corrected everything else that could be causing problems (App Nap, Indexing, etc.). I'll report my findings as soon as I get a chance to do another set...

Been there done that and prob more tweeks than what serato will ask you todo and still issues.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 3:47 PM - 9 July, 2015
I understand where you're coming from but, there are people who have never had any issues with the software.

My plan is to do EVERYTHING that I can from my end and then report back here if I can get it back problem free. There was a time when I had no issues at all...
Tommy Deem 5:12 PM - 9 July, 2015
Yep, no problems if pnt is disabled, then all fine :)
DJ dVO 5:18 PM - 9 July, 2015
My NS7FX never had a single issue until I started using 1.7 and later. The issue I experience is, as accurately describe by Skillz:
Quote:

This issue isn't just with the NS7FX but is also with my Vestax VCI-380. In fact, Since 1.7, my 380 experiences both #3 and #4 as described by Skillz.

Quote:

My workaround? Pray.

I can tolerate the odd stares from the dance floor but when I play the music for the dancers to do their routines, that is when I am on eggshells for the 3 hours. Luckily, it only happened once during a live performance to a group of amateur dancers. I felt terribly bad.

I will have to try a few suggested workaround above and hopefully they will fix. I can't go in to my next gig playing the music for the dancers to do their routines if these problems are not resolved. I have looked at alternate plans and could use a different platform but I don't want to go there yet as I love SDJ.

I do notice this problem seems to happen since the upgrade to Yosemite and iTunes.

My Mac:

OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.3
MacBook Prol (15-inch, Late 2011)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Robbie O 2:23 AM - 13 July, 2015
I've had better luck since I did the following...
Turn off Spotlight
Turn off autogain
Upgrade to 1.7.6 (I don't think going from 1.7.5-6 really did anything)

Two gigs and a couple practice sessions. No issues.

For what it's worth I'm not a scratch DJ but I'm trying to improve that in my practice sessions. Only in my practice sessions I would get the audio pop, full LED meters followed by no audio only when I was killing my crossfader doing some intense scratch pattern. FYI
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 1:09 PM - 13 July, 2015
I'm back running near flawless again...

First, I had missed some steps in the "Optimization" process. Also, I had been forgetting to turn off Spotlight before my gigs. I also started back using Activity Monitor to make sure things weren't running in the background...

Adobe was causing a lot of issues. I had downloaded a trial version of Photoshop so that I could design a skin for my laptop. To put it bluntly, Adobe had tons of things going on in my background. After disabling those, a lot of my issues disappeared...

I'm a scratch DJ but I have not been doing much scratching lately because of the types of gigs I've recently done and because I was scared that I may get drop outs. Finally, I got to take 1.7.6 on a intense scratching test run. I kept getting that loud pop and loss of sound that others are talking about.

Next, I tried disabling things and/or changing settings one at a time. Things ran smooth (no pops or drop outs) after I disabled PnT. To me, this was not satisfactory because I am very dependent on PnT. I turned PnT back on and the pops and dropouts came back.

I then turned off Auto Gain (because Robbie O mentioned it). The pops and drop outs were gone again. Even the occasional pop while scratching the leading edge of a downbeat was gone. I was amazed!

For now, I consider my problems solved. It seems to me that my computer can't handle running PnT and Auto Gain at the same time. I can live without Auto Gain and just adjust the mixer gain manually, like back in the good old days...

As far as PnT goes, I'm still getting that choppy sound as if PnT has been deactivated. It seems to happen at random but I just turn off the PnT button then, swith it right back on. Not a problem!

I feel confident with Serato DJ, once again, and I am looking forward to doing some intense mixing and scratching this week. I don't expect to see any more issues at this point but, if I do, I'll be sure to post them here...
DJ dVO 4:27 PM - 13 July, 2015
Good to hear, Skillz!

Disable "Auto Gain" added to my SDJ Checklist!!

It's funny but this SDJ Checklist is becoming like a Pre-Flight Checklist done by Pilots. Why not. You wouldn't want to be "dropout" of the sky, would you? LOL.

Cheers, mates!
DJ Padida 4:57 PM - 13 July, 2015
Interesting find Robbie O I'll try that disabling auto-gain and see if I get the same results as Skillz.
DJ MATRIX @ 3:48 AM - 14 July, 2015
Quote:
Interesting find Robbie O I'll try that disabling auto-gain and see if I get the same results as Skillz.
DJ MATRIX @ 3:48 AM - 14 July, 2015
Quote:
Good to hear, Skillz!

Disable "Auto Gain" added to my SDJ Checklist!!

It's funny but this SDJ Checklist is becoming like a Pre-Flight Checklist done by Pilots. Why not. You wouldn't want to be "dropout" of the sky, would you? LOL.

Cheers, mates!
DjBliZz 6:10 PM - 16 July, 2015
Hmmm. I've changes the auto gain setting to the lowest and noticed it was better. I will try disabling auto gain all together.
J.J. 8:44 PM - 16 July, 2015
Anyone else get this from support?

• At the beginning of a session, spin each platter a full 360º before use. If you intend to use 4 decks, you'll need to switch layers to do this for all 4 decks.
DjBliZz 9:17 PM - 16 July, 2015
Quote:
Anyone else get this from support?

• At the beginning of a session, spin each platter a full 360º before use. If you intend to use 4 decks, you'll need to switch layers to do this for all 4 decks.

I started doing that 2 weeks ago actually. I'm not really sure if it's doing anything though, just part of my before set calibration routine. I also move every knob and fader 0-100 a couple times before loading the first track.

Oh and one thing I figured out one day when my buddy was testing out my NS7-II was a glitch when you unload a track from the deck without stopping it first. The deck keeps spinning and isn't able to stop until the track is loaded back, stopped, and then unloaded. Really weird glitch.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 12:08 PM - 17 July, 2015
Just F.Y.I...

I did a fresh install of O.S.X and had the same problems (except my pointer stopped vanishing). I then upgraded to 10.10.4. Same problems, but...

This morning, I repaired the disk permissions and reset the PRAM. I immediately noticed that the computer was much faster. The CPU meter in Serato seemed more responsive and I'd seen the CPU warning light come on for the first time. I put as much stress on the CPU that I possibly could and even though the CPU was often in the red, there were no dropouts or screen freezes. Everything ran flawless...

The drop outs and pops returned with Auto Gain enabled. I did some experimenting and found that the pops and dropouts only happen if I start the software with Auto Gain on. If I disable Auto Gain before I exit the software, restart the software, then turn on Auto Gain (after the Library has finished loading), there's no pops or drop outs.

Next, I left Auto Gain enabled and restarted Serato. The pops and dropouts were still gone. I did this several times, no problems. I restarted the computer, enabled Auto Gain, and the pops and dropouts were back.

After trying several more experiments, I've concluded that if I start the software with Auto Gain disabled, I have no issues with audio. Even if I enable Auto Gain after the library has loaded, no audio issues. The problems with Auto Gain returns if I restart the computer and start Serato with Auto Gain enabled...

Steps to take:
1) Turn off Auto Gain before exiting Serato DJ.
2) Start Serato DJ
3) Wait until your Library (and Crates) finish loading, then
4) Enable Auto Gain

This works for me until the next time I shutdown/restart the computer...
DJ dVO 12:43 PM - 17 July, 2015
Quote:
The drop outs and pops returned with Auto Gain enabled. I did some experimenting and found that the pops and dropouts only happen if I start the software with Auto Gain on. If I disable Auto Gain before I exit the software, restart the software, then turn on Auto Gain (after the Library has finished loading), there's no pops or drop outs.

Next, I left Auto Gain enabled and restarted Serato. The pops and dropouts were still gone. I did this several times, no problems. I restarted the computer, enabled Auto Gain, and the pops and dropouts were back.

After trying several more experiments, I've concluded that if I start the software with Auto Gain disabled, I have no issues with audio. Even if I enable Auto Gain after the library has loaded, no audio issues. The problems with Auto Gain returns if I restart the computer and start Serato with Auto Gain enabled...

Steps to take:
2) Start Serato DJ
4) Enable Auto Gain

Very interesting observations, Skillz!

Will give this a try...
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 2:42 PM - 17 July, 2015
Another thing I discovered today, there's less of a CPU load if you use Terminal to disable Spotlight altogether, rather than using Spotlight to ignore the drives and/or partitions. It was hard for me to push the CPU into the red...

My last test run was an hour long. No pops, no dropouts, but, I did experience the slow start on my left deck. As usual, turning the knob up and down got it back working.

PnT didn't fail on me after I disabled Spotlight with Terminal but it did fail on me earlier. As usual, I clicked PnT off and then back on, no problem.

So far, ctrl+F seems to be working without problems but, I usually don't see problems with ctrl+F unless I'm running Karaoke or after about 2 or 3 hours while gigging. I have a 10 hour event coming up tomorrow and I'll be sure to post any issues here, if I notice any...
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 2:44 PM - 17 July, 2015
Quote:
there's less of a CPU load if you use Terminal to disable Spotlight altogether

Here's a link to disable/enable Spotlight:

osxdaily.com
J.J. 4:04 PM - 17 July, 2015
Quote:

Steps to take:
2) Start Serato DJ
4) Enable Auto Gain

Quote:

Here's a link to disable/enable Spotlight:
osxdaily.com

Thanks Skillz. Does Serato know that these steps are working for you?
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 4:34 PM - 17 July, 2015
Quote:
Does Serato know that these steps are working for you?

I emailed someone on the Support Team at Serato this morning. I don't recall his name right now but he has been more than patient with me and he really seems determined to help me get these things resolved.

The post that I made at 8:08 am is part of the actual email that I sent to him. So, the only thing that I haven't reported was my way of disabling Spotlight...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:54 PM - 19 July, 2015
Hey Skillz

Thanks for working with Luke in your ticket. It seems like with the various optimization steps you guys are getting somewhere. the disk repair and PRAM re-set in particular seemed to make a difference.

We're also tracking this thread and have tried reproducing some of the issues reported here. The two really solid pieces of advice we can give here at this stage are:

- optimize your computer and setup as much as you can support.serato.com
- follow the recommended NS7II calibration steps from Numark before you play www.numark.com

Cheers, Aaron
DJ Padida 6:29 AM - 20 July, 2015
Quote:

Steps to take:
2) Start Serato DJ
4) Enable Auto Gain

This seems to be working well for me no audio pops or controller/VU meter freezing. No dropouts or anything running at 2ms.

Thanks for that Skillz you da real mvp.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:11 AM - 20 July, 2015
Quote:
Hey Skillz

Thanks for working with Luke in your ticket. It seems like with the various optimization steps you guys are getting somewhere. the disk repair and PRAM re-set in particular seemed to make a difference.

We're also tracking this thread and have tried reproducing some of the issues reported here. The two really solid pieces of advice we can give here at this stage are:

- optimize your computer and setup as much as you can support.serato.com
- follow the recommended NS7II calibration steps from Numark before you play www.numark.com

Cheers, Aaron

Nope i have always run with all them tweeks.

Quote:
Quote:
Steps to take:
2) Start Serato DJ
4) Enable Auto Gain

This seems to be working well for me no audio pops or controller/VU meter freezing. No dropouts or anything running at 2ms.

Thanks for that Skillz you da real mvp.

Not tried this yet as still waiting for my ns7ii to come back but interesting as would but the blaim onto sdj. Will try this out once i get it back.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:27 PM - 20 July, 2015
Thanks for the info - I figured you would be doing everything you could WOOLSEY :)

We'll look into the Auto Gain concept. Off the top of my head I can't see how the process given would affect performance (positively or negatively) as it is being turned back on prior to playback so will still be in effect.

No such thing as a bad idea though so I'm going to look deeper into it with the development team.

Cheers
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:47 AM - 21 July, 2015
I agree it probably has no meaning to the issue, i worked on this really hard with you guys and we thought 1.7.5 had the fix for it, shame mine has been in repair since 1.7.5 was released. Had new pots fitted and waiting for the channel faders but looks like Numark uk cant get any stock until September some time grrrr.

Hopefully with more users with this issue we will nail it. Be interesting to see how many ns7iii users have the issue when that is released.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:27 PM - 22 July, 2015
Yeah, I was pretty bummed when the first reports of audio loss started coming in post-1.7.5. We're still trying to determine whether it's the same issue with an alternative cause, or an entirely different issue. Fortunately it is still quite rare, but this does make it hard to nail down.

For everyone on this thread who experiences a complete loss of audio with an NS7 or NS7II, it would be great to know the following:

• Does it happen with Pitch 'n Time DJ on or off?
• When this issue happens, can the hardware still be used as a soundcard for the OS?
• If you restart Serato DJ (but don't disconnect or power cycle the controller) does it resolve the issue?
• Does any audio come through CUE/BOOTH/MASTER PFL when master output stops?

Also, if you do have a session where you experience complete loss of audio, it would be great to get your log from the session. You can find this in ...Music > _Serato_ > Logs and upload it to dropbox or similar then post the link here.

Cheers, Aaron
Papa Midnight 2:14 AM - 23 July, 2015
Quote:
For everyone on this thread who experiences a complete loss of audio with an NS7 or NS7II, it would be great to know the following:

V7 and NS7

Quote:

I do not own PnT so I can say it happened with it off for me.

Quote:

• When this issue happens, can the hardware still be used as a soundcard for the OS?

Have not tested. Will do so and report back.

Quote:

• If you restart Serato DJ (but don't disconnect or power cycle the controller) does it resolve the issue?

I don't believe it did, but I will retest.

Quote:

No. All audio output is lost on the V7's, and no audio output can be heard from the NS7's Booth Out (RCA), Headphone Cue, nor Master (XLR).

Quote:

Also, if you do have a session where you experience complete loss of audio, it would be great to get your log from the session. You can find this in ...Music > _Serato_ > Logs and upload it to dropbox or similar then post the link here.

Cheers, Aaron

When possible, I will test and provide my logs as requested. I will try to video as well.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:23 AM - 23 July, 2015
Thanks Papa Midnight, that's great :)
DJ dVO 2:25 PM - 23 July, 2015
Aaron,

More and more evidence points toward Serato DJ being incompatible with OS Yosemite. I have suggested that Serato should get in touch with Apple Development team to learn about the drastic change from Maverick to Yosemite audio core to find out what exactly is causing this audio dropouts problem.

User BleedR seems to have found a workaround and that is to reinstall older OS.

serato.com
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 3:32 PM - 23 July, 2015
I agree with DJ dVO that Yosemite may be the cause of the majority of my issues.

However, I rolled back to 10.7.5 and still had the audio issue. Since upgrading to 10.10.4, my MBP is having video problems. It works on my TV at home but it will no longer work on the ones at the club I work at. Strange and making me look bad...
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:35 PM - 23 July, 2015
Even people with windows have had this issue so it's Numarks drivers or Seratos software.
DJ Padida 4:54 PM - 23 July, 2015
Quote:

NS7II, apart from the akai amx/afx this is the only controller experiencing this. My NS7 MK1 & V7 are in storage.

Quote:

On

Quote:

I have to go to system preferences > sound and then click on internal mic/built-in to get sound through from mac to the ns7ii mixer.

Quote:

I'm not sure, i'll have to re-test when it happens again.

Quote:

None

Quote:

Will do.

Quote:
Even people with windows have had this issue so it's Numarks drivers or Seratos software.

I'm leaning more towards serato because vdj doesn't have any of these issues.

Quote:
Aaron,

More and more evidence points toward Serato DJ being incompatible with OS Yosemite. I have suggested that Serato should get in touch with Apple Development team to learn about the drastic change from Maverick to Yosemite audio core to find out what exactly is causing this audio dropouts problem.

User BleedR seems to have found a workaround and that is to reinstall older OS.

serato.com

Another reason why I'm still sticking with mavericks.
DJ dVO 4:56 PM - 23 July, 2015
Mountain Lion is more stabled with SDJ 1.7.5 and below. (will stick to this set up as my main live gig).
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:32 AM - 24 July, 2015
Thanks for the info DJ Padida!

DJ dVO - BleedR's workaround is for a different issue altogether and is far from proven at this stage. The vast majority of our Mac users are running Yosemite with no issues whatsoever, half the support team included.

The infrequent complete audio loss when using motorized platters is OS agnostic - it can present on any computer.
DJ dVO 1:47 AM - 24 July, 2015
Strange indeed. Have had NS7 running without a single hiccup since Itch1.2 and through SDJ 1.7 under various OS including "Lion". Same thing for my Vestax VCI-380 since its introduction to SDJ. Only under OS Maverick with 1.7.5 that I began to see choppy waveforms with the 380 but barely a dropout. Only recently under Yosemite that I began to experience dropout on my NS7 and more frequently with my VCI-380. I am beginning to lose hope.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:52 AM - 24 July, 2015
I think we need to clarify this issue is not a dropout as in a usb dropout it is a total loss of audio output after a loud POP noise.

This pop and loss of audio output has been reported on all motorised platter controlers and the akia amx.

We need to just gather what Serato need

Quote:
Yeah, I was pretty bummed when the first reports of audio loss started coming in post-1.7.5. We're still trying to determine whether it's the same issue with an alternative cause, or an entirely different issue. Fortunately it is still quite rare, but this does make it hard to nail down.

Cheers, Aaron
DJ Padida 5:39 AM - 24 July, 2015
I just found this thread regarding the same pops and loss of audio issues on the akai amx.

serato.com

As LJ said these issues aren't dropouts.
BleedR 11:00 AM - 27 July, 2015
It is very simply! Serato get your sh*t together and fix your piece of sh*t!
Since Mavericks SDJ started to f*ck up!
Not a SINGLE issue that I reported is fixed!!!
What are you guys doing? Is there one coder who is playing Candy Crush all day or is someone really coding something?

And "only a few users are affected" is simply a LIE! Just because 99% don't report it, it doesn't mean it's not there.
100% of my colleagues who used to use SDJ (all back to SSL now) had a dropout, crash, freeze or whatever, you name it, they had it!
I can confirm thst I don't know a single DJ that hasn't had problems with SDJ!
So this "few" ones are only in your parallel universe!

And you working with Apple on "some" issues? LIEs! Give me the engineers name of Apple and I will ask myself - you guys know that I used to work for Apple, right?

Cheers!
Tommy Deem 11:13 AM - 27 July, 2015
99% don't report it cauze they have found workarounds and know how to adjust this "shitty" program :D Myself had all the issues but now all is fine cauze workarounds :) These few who always cry can't just make it work and it's sad :/
Tommy Deem 11:16 AM - 27 July, 2015
Both OSX and Windows running solid right now :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:25 AM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:

Cheers, Aaron

So you all keep moaning about the issue but as serato have NEVER had the issue when looking into it they need you guys to give them some answers to see if they can get to the bottom of this.
But as normal no one can be arsed just keep complaining......

And like i keep saying this issue happens on ALL OS even Windows so bleedr stop rattling on about nonsense.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:26 AM - 27 July, 2015
Also how do people with ns7ii use Scratchlive.... More nonsense....
BleedR 11:35 AM - 27 July, 2015
Quote:
And like i keep saying this issue happens on ALL OS even Windows so bleedr stop rattling on about nonsense.

This sounds like SDJ problem/bug to me! So all I'm writing fits perfect!
Serato needs to fix it!!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:38 AM - 27 July, 2015
Yes they do and they did try with 1.7.5 there was 4ppl with this issue before 1.7.5 working with them to try fix it however they never once had this issue so was working blind. Now more users seem tobe coming here to report the issue so we all need to get together and give all the info they need this way we can get a fix quicker.

Iv spoken to many djs using the ns7ii 100% fine with no issues and never this loss of audio.

So that for me is very strange!

But if you all when you get the pop and loss of audio can asnwer all these that be great for serato.

Quote:

Cheers, Aaron
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 8:11 PM - 27 July, 2015
Hey, Fellow DJs....

I think that I finally got my NS7II to run flawlessly with Serato DJ on my MBP.

After doing a fresh install of OSX Lion then, upgrading to 10.10.4, I still had the pops, drop outs, and audio loss whenever I did any serious scratching. The loss of audio kept coming back up at about 20 seconds (while scratching) into a song. It was like clockwork.

I reset the PRAM & SMC. Things got much better but I still had problems. I repaired disc permissions and also repaired all of the partitions on my hard drives. I used Terminal to disable Spotlight and I disabled everything that I could think of & also used Activity monitor to disable things in the background.

Next, I discovered the "Auto Gain" work around. The last time I played out, I never engaged the Auto Gain feature. I still had a few glitches on the left deck here and there, I also had some minor skipping here and there. Not as bad though...

I did some digging and found an App called Default Apps. It allowed me to turn off certain default things like iTunes and Photos. These apps no longer pop up when I plug in my iPad and I no longer see them or their related services in the Activity Monitor. That helped...

This morning, I went into System Preferences and turned off everything that I could from there. The things that I couldn't shut off, I just put on minimal. I found that even though I had Bluetooth turned off, it wasn't completely inactive. Same with the Ethernet port. The status of them was "Not Connected". I clicked on them and turned them "Off" completely.

I don't remember where I turned those off at exactly but, I went through EVERYthing in the System Preferences window one at a time. I even turned off gestures for the track pad. Heck, I don't really need them. Last, I selected a solid color desktop and I removed almost everything from my Dock.

I went from audio loss at 20 seconds, to audio loss at 1 minute 50 seconds (while scratching). Didn't matter what song, the loss of audio was like clockwork.

I went back into the software to try disabling or changing things one at a time like I did last week. After I changed the setting on my crossfader from Linear to Power, the loss of audio was gone. No pops, no drop outs, no glitching, no skipping, nothing!

Next, I decided to do another test, running some high quality videos. The audio loss came back again. I went back to playing a track with a mp4 running on the screen and there was no audio loss. At this point, I suspected that I should change some video settings...

In the Video tab, I turned the buffer down from it's highest setting to it's lowest setting. (Previously, I had problems with some of the videos, in Itch w/ a Core 2 Duo Intel, if it wasn't on the highest setting). After lowering the video buffer, I no longer had any problems. Honestly, I can't tell the difference in performance while running the buffer on minimum (with the i5 Intel).

I decided to do a test run. I went 6 hours without a hiccup! Mixing, scratching, blending, FX, 4 decks, the works! No problems at all. No skipping, glitching, pops, audio loss, nothing at all!

I did all of these things without disabling Auto Gain or PnT. If I had to use one word to describe what I did today, it would be "Optimize." Turn off "everything" that you can. Set everything else (OSX features, etc...) to minimal. Problems solved...
DJ dVO 11:50 PM - 27 July, 2015
That's great news. Not that I am doubtful a few on here had mentioned it was luck. Let's wait and see after a few more longer gigs to really call it "problems solved."

The frustration here is that it should work off the bat.
Just Mike 7:36 PM - 28 July, 2015
MPB Mid 2012 - Yosemite 10.10.4
2.7 Ghz Quad
750 GB HD
16 GB RAM
NS7II - Numark Driver v 3.2.0

I have had the same issues as other people. Popped and Locked up on me 4 times in one night. See answers to the questions below:

Pitch 'n Time was engaged.

No, output meters freeze about half way . NS7II is completely frozen.

Yes...until the next time

No sound through Cue as my head phones are still hooked up.

@LJ_Woosley.......Just a question, could the Numark Driver v3.2.0 be an issue? Has anyone tried rolling back to prior driver?
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:49 PM - 28 July, 2015
Nar as happens on windows aswel, think someone also tried the older drivers on an older operating system. But i guess if others want to try it's worth a shot.
DJ Padida 8:36 AM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
Hey, Fellow DJs....

I think that I finally got my NS7II to run flawlessly with Serato DJ on my MBP.

After doing a fresh install of OSX Lion then, upgrading to 10.10.4, I still had the pops, drop outs, and audio loss whenever I did any serious scratching. The loss of audio kept coming back up at about 20 seconds (while scratching) into a song. It was like clockwork.

I went from audio loss at 20 seconds, to audio loss at 1 minute 50 seconds (while scratching). Didn't matter what song, the loss of audio was like clockwork.

Me it was always random, one day is fine another day is pop city. The struggle is real.

Quote:

@LJ_Woosley.......Just a question, could the Numark Driver v3.2.0 be an issue? Has anyone tried rolling back to prior driver?

Now that you've mentioned it i don't ever recall having these audio issues with the beta 3.2.0 driver with mavericks. At least prior to 1.6.3 or 1.7.
amada32 7:41 PM - 10 August, 2015
Is it worth testing 1.7.7? I'm at work and really can't test but don't want to waste my time if the issues reported in this thread haven't been addressed.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 8:50 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Is it worth testing 1.7.7? I'm at work and really can't test but don't want to waste my time if the issues reported in this thread haven't been addressed.

I'm finally done with my deeds for the day. I'm about to take it out for a test drive...
DjBliZz 9:02 PM - 10 August, 2015
So, now that SDJ supports the screen attachment for the NS7-II does that mean we can finally buy the screen attachment?
MarcJ 9:06 PM - 10 August, 2015
Has anyone got the DVS expansion pack working with the ns7ii yet? I can't get mine to pick up the control tone.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:33 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hey MarcJ,

What are you seeing in the scope views? It might be best to contact support to get help with this - support.serato.com

DjBLiZz,

I'd contact Numark about NS7II screens availability.

sam.
MarcJ 9:39 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hi.
Nothing is showing up in the scope views. I have contacted support.
Thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:52 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hey guys,

If you've not already, can you please make sure to install the new drivers: www.numark.com

Sam.
amada32 11:04 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys,

If you've not already, can you please make sure to install the new drivers: www.numark.com

Sam.

Is the updated driver only for the NS7II? I didn't see a new driver on the V7 product page, but then again it's discontinued so I doubt Numark is developing anything for it.

Also, can you confirm whether or not the update has addressed any of he issues on the V7?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:06 PM - 10 August, 2015
Yes this is only for the NS7II.
MarcJ 6:12 AM - 11 August, 2015
I'm running the latest drivers. It just does not seem to be detecting the control tone.
Tommy Deem 7:49 AM - 11 August, 2015
Do U get signal sound trough to ur speakers??
Sand 8:26 AM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Has anyone got the DVS expansion pack working with the ns7ii yet? I can't get mine to pick up the control tone.

No I have the same issue I'm not to happy because the DVS expansion pack was not cheap.
Tommy Deem 9:11 AM - 11 August, 2015
I will test it after this week when I get back to my workroom and will report the results...
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:14 AM - 11 August, 2015
Mines still in bits waiting for parts tobe fitted so can't try this out yet.
MarcJ 11:42 AM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Do U get signal sound trough to ur speakers??

Yeah, the control signal comes though the mixer with I switch to external input.
Tommy Deem 11:53 AM - 11 August, 2015
and when u switch it from line to pc, serato don't regonize it??
MarcJ 12:59 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:

That's correct
Sand 1:22 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

That's correct

Same with my NS7 2.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 1:41 PM - 11 August, 2015
I don't find the DVS problem surprising at all.

Numark was supposed to release firmware to support DVS a while back and NEVER delivered. To date, they haven't released a new firmware update (unless the firmware is within SDJ) or driver update for Mac users since 10.9.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the DVS function wouldn't work with the NS7II. They may have had to use a different sound card for the NS7III so that the control tone could go from the sound card to USB.

Hopefully, I'm wrong about this. I had been waiting for this feature but, I refuse to buy into it until someone successfully uses it...
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:45 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:

Numark was supposed to release firmware to support DVS a while back and NEVER delivered. To date, they haven't released a new firmware update (unless the firmware is within SDJ) or driver update for Mac users since 10.9.

It also wouldn't surprise me if the DVS function wouldn't work with the NS7II. They may have had to use a different sound card for the NS7III so that the control tone could go from the sound card to USB.

Hopefully, I'm wrong about this. I had been waiting for this feature but, I refuse to buy into it until someone successfully uses it...

Well Serato are advertising it so it should work.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 2:45 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:

I agree...
Tommy Deem 3:00 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I agree...

So u make an statement and took it back right away???
DjBliZz 3:24 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:

Isn't that the driver that Sam linked above?
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 3:31 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:

The link above is the 3.2.0 driver. I downloaded it back when Mavericks came out. There was a problem with audio on the old NS7. That link (NS7II Driver) was the fix. Numark hasn't come out with a new one since then...
DjBliZz 3:44 PM - 11 August, 2015
Oohhhhh... He said "new driver" so I assumed it was actually new. I haven't clicked the link on my laptop yet, only on mobile so I wasn't sure which # it is. Damn.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 3:50 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree...

So u make an statement and took it back right away???

I didn't take back my statement. I agree that it "should" work because Serato is advertising it.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:08 PM - 11 August, 2015
Hi guys

Unfortunately there has been a large oversight in that the firmware update required to run DVS with the NS7 II has not yet been released by Numark. We are expecting it to be made public very soon.

Our apologies to anyone who has already purchased the DVS expansion pack and spent time trying to get it going. I'll update everyone here as soon as I know the firmware is available.

Thanks,
Aaron
MarcJ 8:19 PM - 11 August, 2015
Thanks for the update!
Papa Midnight 8:24 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

The link above is the 3.2.0 driver. I downloaded it back when Mavericks came out. There was a problem with audio on the old NS7. That link (NS7II Driver) was the fix. Numark hasn't come out with a new one since then...

Same here.

Mind you, I'm in this thread as an NS7+NSFX owner and an owner of two V7s, not an NS7II owner.
Sand 9:44 PM - 11 August, 2015
Quote:
Hi guys

Unfortunately there has been a large oversight in that the firmware update required to run DVS with the NS7 II has not yet been released by Numark. We are expecting it to be made public very soon.

Our apologies to anyone who has already purchased the DVS expansion pack and spent time trying to get it going. I'll update everyone here as soon as I know the firmware is available.

Thanks,
Aaron

As you state a large oversight was made. Surely a refund and disabling of DVS expansion pack for people with NS7 2's who purchased the expansion pack is not to much to ask?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:51 PM - 11 August, 2015
Hey guys,

Firmware update is up now: www.numark.com

Apologies again for the delays with this. We know you all just want to get up and running!

If you do still want a refund, we're also happy to sort this out for you - just email sales@serato.com and Jubt from our team will help out.

Cheers,

Sam.
Papa Midnight 12:39 AM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Same here.

Mind you, I'm in this thread as an NS7+NSFX owner and an owner of two V7s, not an NS7II owner.

"was" seems to be incorrect. I just had a chance to do a test. My NS7 and V7s are effectively unusable under Yosemite - and I don't say that lightly.

Observances:

Static.
Delayed Audio.
Complete Loss of Audio.
Pops.
Echoing.

SDJ Versions Tested: 1.7.2, 1.7.5, 1.7.6, 1.7.7.
Driver Tested: 3.2.0

Different ports were tested as were different USB cables. In the end, the same result was seen.

Are those of us with the older devices pretty much dead in the water with this one (with regards to Yosemite)?

(If desired, I have a 10 minute video demoing this behavior that I can share with a Serato representative at their request).
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:58 AM - 12 August, 2015
Hey Papa Midnight

I'd be keen to take a look at that video. Can you give me a link or would you prefer to email it (if it's under 30MB)?

Aaron
Papa Midnight 2:48 AM - 12 August, 2015
Hey Aaron E,

I've sent you a link to the video via PM.

Thanks!
DJ dVO 2:53 AM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Are those of us with the older devices pretty much dead in the water with this one (with regards to Yosemite)?

Yup! NS7+FX here. Yosemite is causing a lot of griefs.

Under Maverick and 1.7, my NS7FX and My VCI-380 were rock solid. But now under Yosemite, both have been problematic.
MarcJ 6:11 AM - 12 August, 2015
DVS working! Fantastic. Thank you!!!
DJ Fluke 613 12:23 PM - 12 August, 2015
Does anyone know if this fw update is recommended for non dvs users ?

My setup is working well since they added disable touch strip during playing, and I don't want to jinx it.

Did numark adress any issues. I still have that slow start up on left deck from time to time.
Just Mike 1:07 PM - 12 August, 2015
Updated Serato DJ to 1.7.7........Driver V3.2.0........Firmware 1.0.5

P n' T enabled......scratching

POP!!! Then no sound. NS7II fully controllable. Meters still reading.....No sound. I turn off the NS7II, then turn it back on.......Loud static noise in speakers. I restart NS7II again.....back to working fine. I will diable Pn'T to see if that helps. NS7II not usable in public. Good thing I have a DDJ-SX2.

Not sure if the updates were supposed to fix this issue. Can anyone weigh in on this.

Also no support ticket submitted as a lot of people have the same issue and I try to monitor this thread on a reglar basis.

With the NS7III coming out along with the screens for the NS7II....Someone should be worried.

Thoughts anyone??????????
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:46 PM - 12 August, 2015
Still an issue with ALL motorised platters. And sit waiting for a fix. Think Serato just need more info and more logs about this issue to fix it. If they do fix the issue i might grab the screens for my ns7ii if not then i will just sell it on as it's been a bad investment so far.
Just Mike 1:51 PM - 12 August, 2015
+1 @LJ
Tommy Deem 4:20 PM - 12 August, 2015
Done 6months all my gigs where i can't take my tt's... 0 problems, flawless workflow, intense shows... Love this unit :) don't jinx it if u can't have it working :)
Tommy Deem 4:22 PM - 12 August, 2015
I have put my workaround in this thread, after doing it, 0 problems :)
Just Mike 4:35 PM - 12 August, 2015
@ Tommy Deem............Great that yours is working. I have had the NS7II since it was released, almost 2 years ago. It has worked flawlessly. Through Expansion Paks, updated software/firmware/drivers offered by Serato/Numark, something has been knocked out of order. If Serato/Numark offers it, it should work. I don't want to have to disable this and that to make the program/controller work correctly. I'll continue to use my DDJ-SX until the issue is fixed. My reasoning for posting today was to get feedback from anyone that is still haveing the issue after the updates. Not for the ones that have no issues. Thanks for your help anyway :)
DJ Padida 5:44 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
I don't want to have to disable this and that to make the program/controller work correctly. I'll continue to use my DDJ-SX until the issue is fixed. My reasoning for posting today was to get feedback from anyone that is still haveing the issue after the updates. Not for the ones that have no issues. Thanks for your help anyway :)

These issues are the reason why I just got the pioneer ddi-sx2 over the weekend and its running flawless with sdj. The NS7II with the latest update is still having pops and loss of audio. Now with the upcoming NS7III I wonder if more people will have issues as well once they get it especially with the added DVS capability.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 7:23 PM - 12 August, 2015
My hard drive crashed on me yesterday so, I just got a chance to run the software for more than 20 minutes today. As usual, I had issues when I ran the update for the first time. After restarting the software, NS7II, and the computer, everything seemed to run flawless.

I've noticed that my Strip Search feature is no longer accurate and Serato Remote is having issues connecting to the software. I calibrated the controller twice but it stills responds exactly the same. I've updated the firmware on the NS7II and I think that this is why I'm having the Strip Search issue.

My question: Is anyone, who has NOT upgraded the firmware, having problems with Strip Search? Thanks...
Sand 8:02 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I don't want to have to disable this and that to make the program/controller work correctly. I'll continue to use my DDJ-SX until the issue is fixed. My reasoning for posting today was to get feedback from anyone that is still haveing the issue after the updates. Not for the ones that have no issues. Thanks for your help anyway :)

These issues are the reason why I just got the pioneer ddi-sx2 over the weekend and its running flawless with sdj. The NS7II with the latest update is still having pops and loss of audio. Now with the upcoming NS7III I wonder if more people will have issues as well once they get it especially with the added DVS capability.

Zero issues with my NS7 2 so far. Pops and loss of audio might be down to a computer with not enough grunt to run a NS7 2. It's always need a powerful processing computer to run perfectly and now with the DVS it needs a bit more processing power.
Just Mike 8:11 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Zero issues with my NS7 2 so far. Pops and loss of audio might be down to a computer with not enough grunt to run a NS7 2. It's always need a powerful processing computer to run perfectly and now with the DVS it needs a bit more processing power.

@ Sand....No disrespect, but you couldn't be further from the truth. I run a 2.7 GHz, I7 Quad Core MacBook Pro with 16 GB RAM. You must read the past post before making your commennts about computer strength. Also, the problem started before DVS was released for the NS7II. As I stated above, I have had the NS7 from release date to now. This issues just started with the last 3 releases of Serato DJ.
Sand 8:38 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@ Sand....No disrespect, but you couldn't be further from the truth. I run a 2.7 GHz, I7 Quad Core MacBook Pro with 16 GB RAM. You must read the past post before making your commennts about computer strength. Also, the problem started before DVS was released for the NS7II. As I stated above, I have had the NS7 from release date to now. This issues just started with the last 3 releases of Serato DJ.

Well I have nearly same spec of Mac and the only time I had issues was when using Snow leopard or Yosemite, however Mavericks runs like a dream as long as the latency is not set to the quickest. Maybe you have tried this already?
dj res-q 9:06 PM - 12 August, 2015
Just updated the firmware for the ns7 ii and now it won't even connect.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:07 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:

uh ohhh, thats don't sound good.
dj res-q 9:08 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

uh ohhh, thats don't sound good.

this is bs...... i knew i should've left well enough alone
Heltino 9:10 PM - 12 August, 2015
anybody an idea what is the complete change log for the 1.05 firmware?
only DVS? in that case I avoid the risk of an update as I don' t use this at all
J.J. 9:11 PM - 12 August, 2015
My MacBook Pro specs:
OSX 10.9 Mavericks Optimized
• 2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
• 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
• 768GB Flash Storage

Absolutely no issues with Serato DJ 1.6.x or below. No issues with NS7ii Hardware using Ableton, Traktor and VirtualDJ with Video.

This all started with Serato DJ 1.7.x

Static.
Delayed Audio.
Complete Loss of Audio.
Pops.
Echoing.

I have not tried the new Driver V3.2.0 and Firmware 1.0.5. By the looks of it, I won't anytime soon. I don't want a 34lbs brick.
dj res-q 9:11 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
only DVS? in that case I avoid the risk of an update as I don' t use this at all

dont do it.... i updated and now everything is messed up
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:18 PM - 12 August, 2015
Hey dj res-q

It sounds like re-installing the driver would be your best bet. If you still can't get connected after that, open a help request at support.serato.com and one of the team will work through it with you.

The firmware update in itself shouldn't cause a lack of connection. Re-installing the latest driver should do it for you.

Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:20 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:

Hey Heltino - this is a question you'll need to put to Numark as they make the firmware.
dj res-q 9:24 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Hey dj res-q

It sounds like re-installing the driver would be your best bet. If you still can't get connected after that, open a help request at support.serato.com and one of the team will work through it with you.

The firmware update in itself shouldn't cause a lack of connection. Re-installing the latest driver should do it for you.

Aaron

tried that as well still won't connect.i had no problems until i did the firmware update
dj res-q 9:29 PM - 12 August, 2015
i just tried my ns6 and it connected so the firmware has did something to my ns7 ii
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:43 PM - 12 August, 2015
Okay man. When you say you tried that, did you remove the driver first then install again, or did you just run the installer without removing the driver? Please try a clean install by removing the driver first if you haven't already.

If that doesn't help, can I ask you to try running the firmware update again. And please be careful not to lose power when doing it i.e. have your computer connected to its power source while running the update.

If neither of these steps work, please open up a help request so one of the team can take a deeper look with you.

Thanks
dj res-q 9:49 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
Okay man. When you say you tried that, did you remove the driver first then install again, or did you just run the installer without removing the driver? Please try a clean install by removing the driver first if you haven't already.

If that doesn't help, can I ask you to try running the firmware update again. And please be careful not to lose power when doing it i.e. have your computer connected to its power source while running the update.

If neither of these steps work, please open up a help request so one of the team can take a deeper look with you.

Thanks

i removed the old driver,star dj and the firmware......no results
dj res-q 9:51 PM - 12 August, 2015
is there anyway to reset the ns7 ii or something?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:10 PM - 12 August, 2015
Quote:
is there anyway to reset the ns7 ii or something?

Sorry man, that would be a question for Numark. Try hitting them up at www.numark.com

If you want to have a go at troubleshooting the connection with us, feel free to open a help request.
Heltino 12:36 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Hey Heltino - this is a question you'll need to put to Numark as they make the firmware.

Numark just put the new firmware on their page.
no explanation, no change log...nothing.

as Numark ist not the most responding guys in the world in their forum....I like to have feedback from users.

I know that this is not the responsibility of Serato and I don´t blame you on that.
in case you have further information...appreciated!

but I trust in users as long as there is nothing from the creator of the hardware is in place.
dj res-q 12:37 AM - 13 August, 2015
i need help bad..... i still can't connect
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 12:41 AM - 13 August, 2015
dj res-q,

As Aaron has already asked please open a help request with our support team if you are still having issues, most others are getting along fine with DVS and the new firmware so please open a ticket so we can give you more detailed support, you can do it here; support.serato.com

Cheers,

Jas
dj res-q 12:45 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
dj res-q,

As Aaron has already asked please open a help request with our support team if you are still having issues, most others are getting along fine with DVS and the new firmware so please open a ticket so we can give you more detailed support, you can do it here; support.serato.com

Cheers,

Jas

i did already
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 12:45 AM - 13 August, 2015
Okay they will get back to you as soon as they can man hold tight!
dj res-q 12:48 AM - 13 August, 2015
ok it was saying your device will restart will firmware is finish,its been dead after that
Philmixit 1:00 AM - 13 August, 2015
Jason.S Hi , I just updater my NS7 11 ,and I had no problem< so you are doing some thing wrong.
So let me tell you whit i did,
(1) download 1.05_
(2) turn on your NS 711
(3)Click on the file and it will update the NS 7 11
Try that and see if it help!!!!!!!
Philmixit 1:09 AM - 13 August, 2015
Leave on the ns7 11 then open serate dj!!
dj res-q 1:17 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
Jason.S Hi , I just updater my NS7 11 ,and I had no problem< so you are doing some thing wrong.
So let me tell you whit i did,
(1) download 1.05_
(2) turn on your NS 711
(3)Click on the file and it will update the NS 7 11
Try that and see if it help!!!!!!!

i did all of that I'm still getting a device not found error....it must be my ns7 ii
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 1:18 AM - 13 August, 2015
Try this. Trash the firmware update. Re-download the firmware. Follow the instructions. Shut off the NS7 when the firmware update says it's done...
dj res-q 1:32 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
Try this. Trash the firmware update. Re-download the firmware. Follow the instructions. Shut off the NS7 when the firmware update says it's done...

i did still no results. i guess i'll have to wait on numark and send it back for repair. i must've fried my usb port on the ns7 because my ns6 connects fine
Philmixit 1:45 AM - 13 August, 2015
You need to leave the NS7 11 on , not turning it of!!!
dj res-q 1:47 AM - 13 August, 2015
i'll leave it on overnight and see if that helps, other than that i don't know what to do because i keep getting device not found
Philmixit 1:48 AM - 13 August, 2015
When you are uploading the file!!
The NS7 11 should be on ,
dj res-q 1:52 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
When you are uploading the file!!
The NS7 11 should be on ,

i'll retry that too
Philmixit 1:54 AM - 13 August, 2015
Yes
Philmixit 1:55 AM - 13 August, 2015
And it will say it is finish, right after start serato dj
Philmixit 1:57 AM - 13 August, 2015
I started to do my, and it could not less the NS 7 11, I turn it on ,and run the update, and it work.!!
Philmixit 1:57 AM - 13 August, 2015
See lol
Philmixit 1:58 AM - 13 August, 2015
Let me know if it work for you.
dj res-q 1:59 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
Let me know if it work for you.

trying it now
Philmixit 2:02 AM - 13 August, 2015
Ok!
dj res-q 2:04 AM - 13 August, 2015
no luck still getting the red dot with device not found
dj res-q 2:04 AM - 13 August, 2015
download bar at 0 % and not moving
Philmixit 2:05 AM - 13 August, 2015
Are you on a mack or pc
I use Mac
Philmixit 2:08 AM - 13 August, 2015
If no luck , you should contact Newmark for help.
Good luck.!!!
dj res-q 2:08 AM - 13 August, 2015
macbook pro 2012 8gb 2.6ghz intel i7
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:43 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:

This absolutely sounds like you don't have the latest driver or it's not being read properly.

Can you please go to Computer > Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions and delete 'NumarkNS7IIAudio.kext'. After you have done this please run the installer for the latest driver.

OS X 10.9 / 10.10 - www.numark.com

OS X 10.8 - www.numark.com

You will need to restart after the driver installation. Once you are sure you have the latest driver, please try running the firmware update again (leaving the power on at all times), then open Serato DJ with the NS7 II still connected.

Let us know how it goes man.

Aaron
dj res-q 4:51 AM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This absolutely sounds like you don't have the latest driver or it's not being read properly.

Can you please go to Computer > Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions and delete 'NumarkNS7IIAudio.kext'. After you have done this please run the installer for the latest driver.

OS X 10.9 / 10.10 - www.numark.com

OS X 10.8 - www.numark.com

You will need to restart after the driver installation. Once you are sure you have the latest driver, please try running the firmware update again (leaving the power on at all times), then open Serato DJ with the NS7 II still connected.

Let us know how it goes man.

Aaron

it has to be the hardware,i tried everything you said plus tried 2 other laptops.I got timeout errors on the other 2
dj res-q 5:58 PM - 13 August, 2015
I'm back up and running,Josh from numark tech support fixed my problem
Sand 6:13 PM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:

What was the issue?
DJ dVO 6:19 PM - 13 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

What was the issue?

You would think, eh?
dj res-q 6:25 PM - 13 August, 2015
he didn't say,he just walk me thru factory reset on it
Just Mike 1:52 PM - 14 August, 2015
@ DJ Padida @ LJ_Woosley

Wow!!! DJ killed the whole thread with something that was probably operator error and had nothing to do with the original discussion. Now no one remembers why this thread was initially opened. There is nothing wrong with helping a fellow DJ, but this got out of hand for this topic.
J.J. 12:51 AM - 15 August, 2015
How long is the firmware update suppose to take? I got this message and hit OK.

Firmware Update Complete
Your NS7 II will reset itself when ready to be used.

10 minutes later and the line inputs LEDs 1 and 2 keep going on and there is mega static weird feedback in the headphones.
J.J. 1:01 AM - 15 August, 2015
I restarted after 15 minutes (even though the message said it would reset itself) and it seems to be working. However, I had to reactivate FLIP and it's telling me to purchase Pitch N Time again for $29. Why Serato WHY?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:13 AM - 15 August, 2015
Hey J.J. get in touch with support and they will help you out. That's a bit weird.

support.serato.com
DJ Padida 6:41 AM - 15 August, 2015
Quote:
@ DJ Padida @ LJ_Woosley

Wow!!! DJ killed the whole thread with something that was probably operator error and had nothing to do with the original discussion. Now no one remembers why this thread was initially opened. There is nothing wrong with helping a fellow DJ, but this got out of hand for this topic.

True dat let's keep this thread on topic yah?

On a side note at least we know DVS is working for the NS7II i didn't think it was possible. I wonder if the firmware ''fixed'' these popping and loss of sound issues.
Tommy Deem 6:22 PM - 16 August, 2015
Again working without problems :)
DJ Padida 6:39 PM - 16 August, 2015
@serato

I'm gonna upload a log file from dropbox. I just had a pop and loss of audio. Apparently the ''auto-gain'' workaround didn't work this time.

www.dropbox.com
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:46 PM - 16 August, 2015
Thanks DJ Padida

I'll add that log to the issue report for investigation. Can you let me know when approximately it happened - right at the beginning or at the end for example? Looks like you were only up and running for about 3 minutes.

Cheers, Aaron
DJ Padida 9:22 PM - 16 August, 2015
Yup it was at the very beginning like 10 secs in. Loaded up a track on deck 2 and scratch sample on deck 1. As soon I scratched pop then loss of audio. Yesterday nothing no problems today this. As I've mentioned before totally random. No idea why. Hopefully this log helps. Let us know what you guys find. Thanks..
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:28 PM - 16 August, 2015
Thanks man, that's good info. Did you have Pitch 'n Time on?

And just to confirm - once the audio was gone you had to turn off the unit to get it back, but you still had MIDI control the whole time?
DJ Padida 12:05 AM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
Thanks man, that's good info. Did you have Pitch 'n Time on?

Yes

Quote:

And just to confirm - once the audio was gone you had to turn off the unit to get it back, but you still had MIDI control the whole time?

I was still able to control the tracks with platters. But i had to reopen serato to get audio back without turning off the unit.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 12:19 AM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:

From my previous experiences, you could also recover the audio by unplugging the NS7II' s usb cable, wait for SDJ to go into offline mode, then plug the NS7II back in. Or, you could cycle the NS7II' s power off, wait for offline mode, then power the NS7II back on.

On another note, it seemed as if just the sound card malfunctioned. Everything else work. After losing audio, I could here noise in the headphones, if I increased the headphone volume. Same thing happened with the main out audio. Increase the master volume knob, the noise will increase. Also, the main audio led's will increase as you increase the main audio knob...
J.J. 12:30 AM - 17 August, 2015
Quote:
My hard drive crashed on me yesterday so, I just got a chance to run the software for more than 20 minutes today. As usual, I had issues when I ran the update for the first time. After restarting the software, NS7II, and the computer, everything seemed to run flawless.

I've noticed that my Strip Search feature is no longer accurate and Serato Remote is having issues connecting to the software. I calibrated the controller twice but it stills responds exactly the same. I've updated the firmware on the NS7II and I think that this is why I'm having the Strip Search issue.

My question: Is anyone, who has NOT upgraded the firmware, having problems with Strip Search? Thanks...

After the Firmware update, Strip Search is way off, especially once you get past 50%.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:14 AM - 17 August, 2015
Hey guys

Yes, we have become aware of both the strip search and the remote connection issues. Both of these have been logged for investigation so will get looked into by our products and development teams asap.

Thanks
PancraZ 5:29 PM - 19 August, 2015
So, do not update to the latest SDJ 1.7.7 if you use strip search on the NS7II? Glad I searched the forums before upgrading.
Heltino 5:59 PM - 19 August, 2015
In my opinion:
If you´re not looking for DVS....I see not a single reason to upgrade anything.
Still working with the NS7II without firmware upgrade on SDJ 1.7.5 as it is stable and working.

I have personally no real point to upgrade as even Numark is unable or not willing to tell me what is beside the DVS option included in the new firmware.

SDJ in 1.7.5 is working perfect for me, was even to 1.7.6 no real reason to upgrade.
Might be the case that 1.7.7 is as stable, but I like to avoid the risk if there is anyway no new functionality for me given.
Tommy Deem 7:57 PM - 19 August, 2015
Strip search with 1.7.7, same as allways, works fine :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:23 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:

lol i love how you have 0 issues,,,,
Just Mike 8:43 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

@ Tommy Deem........Do you interact with the platters? (Scratch).

+1 @ LJ_Woosley.

My NS7II is not allowed out of the house until the problem is fixed.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:43 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
So, do not update to the latest SDJ 1.7.7 if you use strip search on the NS7II? Glad I searched the forums before upgrading.

Hey PancraZ, not quite correct. There are no new issues with the Serato DJ 1.7.7 release. The touchstrip issue was introduced by the firmware update required for running DVS with the NS7 II.

If you don't want to use DVS with your unit, don't update the firmware and you're all good.
Tommy Deem 8:47 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@ Tommy Deem........Do you interact with the platters? (Scratch).

Yes :) Use this peace of "miracle" every place where I don't take my tt set. I play 2-4 gigs which last 5h each, and no problems so far :)
Heltino 12:07 AM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:

If you don't want to use DVS with your unit, don't update the firmware and you're all good.

Aaron, just to be complete:
If 1.7.5 is working fine and I don´t need DVS, therefore no firmware upgrade, why should I go to 1.7.7?

I can say: 1.7.5 with the NS7II is THE FIRST and so far ONLY version where I have no issues and I´m fine with. Due to this I skipped 1.7.6 in total. No need at all.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:15 AM - 20 August, 2015
Hey Heltino,

Unless you want to use DVS you don't need to upgrade your firmware.

We recommend updating to Serato Dj 1.7.7 though as it's got a lot of performance and stability improvements.

If you're happy with 1.7.5 and don't want to change anything then by all means just stay with what you're using now though :)

sam.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:37 AM - 21 August, 2015
Hey @J.J. and anyone else having an issue with touchstrip accuracy,

Can you please give me the following so I can add it to the report:

- Operating system version
- USB port types
- Did this occur on the previous v1.02 firmware?
- What is the serial number of your unit?

Thanks!
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 5:04 PM - 9 September, 2015
Looks like no one wants to give up their information! Lol! I'm about to try to reload the firmware again. Maybe I did something wrong. If I can't get it to work, I'll provide the above mentioned info...
DjBliZz 5:13 PM - 9 September, 2015
On my NS7-II I just ran 1.7.8 all weekend and it was the most smooth working experience I've had yet with SDJ and the NS7-II. After removing the driver, updating the firmware, reinstall driver, install 1.7.8 in that order. I also have "Disable strip search" activated, PnT Activated, Audio Gain Disabled, 5ms.
Start MBP, close all unnecessary processes and what not in Activity Monitor, open SDJ, wait for library to load, make sure all knobs/faders on NS7-II are at 0, then turn on NS7-II, move each knob/fader 0-100 a couple times, rotate each platter both ways a couple turns, load decks and play. That seems to work perfect for me. I'm happy with SDJ right now.
I haven't tried SDJ with DVS in a looong time. I gave up on it for DVS well before I ever got my NS7-II. I'm not sure which version it was when I last tried it though. I need to test 1.7.8 DVS with my SL3 since I'm not going to pay for DVS plugin to use with my NS7-II.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 5:46 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
Hey @J.J. and anyone else having an issue with touchstrip accuracy,

Can you please give me the following so I can add it to the report:

- Operating system version
- USB port types
- Did this occur on the previous v1.02 firmware?
- What is the serial number of your unit?

Just uploaded the firmware again with no improvement of the Strip Search feature...

- OSX 10.10.4
- USB 3.0
- v.1.02 was not as accurate as I thought it should've been but was bad enough to complain.
- (21) N11309868101031
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 5:48 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
- v.1.02 was not as accurate as I thought it should've been but was bad enough to complain.

Typo....
- v.1.02 was not as accurate as I though it should've been but, it wasn't bad enough to complain...
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:21 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
On my NS7-II I just ran 1.7.8 all weekend and it was the most smooth working experience I've had yet with SDJ and the NS7-II. After removing the driver, updating the firmware, reinstall driver, install 1.7.8 in that order. I also have "Disable strip search" activated, PnT Activated, Audio Gain Disabled, 5ms.
Start MBP, close all unnecessary processes and what not in Activity Monitor, open SDJ, wait for library to load, make sure all knobs/faders on NS7-II are at 0, then turn on NS7-II, move each knob/fader 0-100 a couple times, rotate each platter both ways a couple turns, load decks and play. That seems to work perfect for me. I'm happy with SDJ right now.
I haven't tried SDJ with DVS in a looong time. I gave up on it for DVS well before I ever got my NS7-II. I'm not sure which version it was when I last tried it though. I need to test 1.7.8 DVS with my SL3 since I'm not going to pay for DVS plugin to use with my NS7-II.

Thats some serious work just to use a controller!!
DjBliZz 6:29 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Thats some serious work just to use a controller!!

Not really. It takes longer to explain than it does to do it. Fresh install only needs to be done once. Any midi controller should be started with everything at 0 and then moved to make sure it catches the midi signal correctly. I've noticed when I first got it that if I turned it on with things not set to 0, that it would mess up and not feel calibrated.
shadow23 10:16 PM - 9 September, 2015
Just like to quickly say my NS7II is still awesome. No issues for me.
Ragman 12:58 AM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:

I remember when you first got it. Good to know your still going strong. ;-)
shadow23 2:22 AM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I remember when you first got it. Good to know your still going strong. ;-)

Thanks. To be honest I was worried a little bit. Wasn't sure it would last either. But surprisingly it hasn't skipped a beat.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:33 AM - 10 September, 2015
Hey thanks for the feedback everyone. Great to hear everything's running smoothly for some of you.

@DJ Skillz - that's my experience too. Numark are working on this issue so hopefully we'll have a resolution soon.

Cheers
Robbie O 7:54 PM - 14 September, 2015
Honestly. I downgraded to 1.7.2 and don't have issues there. I haven't had enough time to test past 1.7.2, because it's a crap shoot on reproducing the crash where the audio cuts out and you have to restart the unit. It could take 20 mins or an hour. Last time I thought I had it figured out and it crashed during a gig. I travel for work and gig on the weekends so testing is hard. I just need to have full trust it will work. I don't have that at this moment.

Aaron, do you have any definite news on what the issue is? And if there is/was the fix? I should have time to better test next week.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:53 PM - 14 September, 2015
Hey Robbie O

One loss of audio issue with motorized platters was fixed in Serato DJ 1.7.5 so I would definitely recommend upgrading to at least that version - in my mind the latest version is always best as it contains the most improvements.

Unfortunately, after 1.7.5 went out, news came in of a second loss of audio issue with motorized platters, though this one appears to be significantly less frequent (a good reason to update). We have identified the cause of this second issue and are working on a fix.

Cheers, Aaron
Robbie O 10:03 PM - 14 September, 2015
Ok Aaron. Thanks for the super quick update. Just to be clear, I was up to date previously (like a month ago), but it seems that I am one of the unlucky ones that was still getting the post 1.7.5 issue. I simply could not afford to have it short on me at a gig and my NS7 was working flawlessly under 1.7.2 (minus minor issues like random skips and slow start up).

I have a break in travel and can test next week. I will upgrade then but to be honest I probably won't upgrade for gigs unless there is a proven fix it's completely unnerving Djing and waiting for something bad to happen. Thanks for the support.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:16 PM - 14 September, 2015
Ah okay, I see where you're coming from.

If you feel safest with 1.7.2 and are having the least issues, that's important. The thing that worries me is that pre-1.7.5, there are two potential audio loss issues, whereas post-1.7.5 there is only one (which is also less frequent). We also have a lot of other stability fixes in releases post-1.7.2

That's the basis for me recommending upgrading, but in the end you have to go with what is best in your experience.

Cheers
Just Mike 10:24 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
Ah okay, I see where you're coming from.

If you feel safest with 1.7.2 and are having the least issues, that's important. The thing that worries me is that pre-1.7.5, there are two potential audio loss issues, whereas post-1.7.5 there is only one (which is also less frequent). We also have a lot of other stability fixes in releases post-1.7.2

That's the basis for me recommending upgrading, but in the end you have to go with what is best in your experience.

Cheers

Aaron....it's not fixed. From 1.7.5 to 1.7.8.....it still happens
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:31 PM - 14 September, 2015
Hey Just Mike

One audio loss issue was definitively fixed in SDJ 1.7.5. This is very well known from specific testing we were able to do on the fix.

But you are correct that there is still an audio loss issue present post-1.7.5, though this one is fortunately far less frequent. We are hoping to have a fix for it soon.

Thanks
Just Mike 10:32 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
Hey Just Mike

One audio loss issue was definitively fixed in SDJ 1.7.5. This is very well known from specific testing we were able to do on the fix.

But you are correct that there is still an audio loss issue present post-1.7.5, though this one is fortunately far less frequent. We are hoping to have a fix for it soon.

Thanks

Thanks Aaron
J.J. 6:28 PM - 1 October, 2015
I loaded up SDJ 1.7.8 with the NS7ii and it sounds crazy distorted. The only fix is to power cycle the NS7ii. Very frustrating as this happens all of the sudden in LIVE gigs. Please help Serato and Numark.

Here is the video:
www.facebook.com
Sounds By JB 1:42 AM - 3 October, 2015
This unit is still, after almost two years, giving me lots of impractical issues with latest version + firmware under windows. It is definitely not upholding to the claim 'you can have the best of both worlds'.. 'Best controller ever build'.

- Instant start:

With the latest software 1 out of 12 times it will go wrong, amazing how this silly bug got back

- Smart sync (basically a must when using external gear and/or more than three decks):

With platters enabled the unit will drift. Instead of Serato compensating for the drift, it 'buffers' the amount of drift until it passes a threshold, than the track will have the total of accumulated drift applied to it and immediately jumps audibly out of sync. I really don't understand why someone wont spend a little bit more time on getting this a little bit more SMART as the name of the feature suggests. It should be so easy to profile drift versus people touching the platter.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 2:30 AM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
With platters enabled the unit will drift.

This is "normal" turntable behavior. It's virtually impossible to have 2 turntables go the exact same speed. When you have the motors enabled, SDJ reacts to the turntables as if it's is in Absolute Mode. Serato is tracking the speed of the turntables. The NS7 acts exactly like 2 turntables on a DVS system. That's the whole point of having a NS7. If you prefer Relative Mode style of control, disable the motors...
MarcJ 7:39 AM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:

[quote With platters enabled the unit will drift.

My Ns7ii drifts a lot more than my dvs setup. I have 2 Stanton t120's and a rane 57mkii, they pretty much hold a mix where as I have to constantly make adjustments to the ns7ii when beat mixing.
Heltino 12:00 PM - 3 October, 2015
I have such drifting very rarely....but it´s, as mentioned, part of the nature of turnies.

Furthermore:
If I do a very long transition, what happens only with music I would never scratch with anyway, I just turn them off.

On and off is done within a second and possible on the fly without impact on the gig.

so what?
Tommy Deem 3:52 PM - 3 October, 2015
Sounds By JB 4:18 AM - 7 October, 2015
Drifting is normal, but this is much heavier drifting than with any turntables I have played with.

Its the effect of all of a sudden releasing the full buffer of drift that is the issue.

Disabling the platter while playing.. immediate loss of sync.
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 11:54 AM - 7 October, 2015
Sounds like you're having a serious issue, JB. Start a help ticket. Serato will help you get to the bottom of it. Make sure that you have optimized your computer and also use Activity Monitor to shut off any unwanted processes that may be running in the background...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:20 PM - 7 October, 2015
Yes, I'm not sure exactly what's happening for you there JB.

Have you opened up a ticket for this issue at support.serato.com

Aaron
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 8:15 PM - 7 October, 2015
I don't know if this will help or not but,

I've noticed that whenever I have the audio dropouts (which has been rare for me lately), the Serato DJ logo isn't fully there. It says Serato and 1/4 of the logo is next to it. When this happens, I'll keep getting the audio loss a couple of minutes after restarting the controller.

The only way to get rid of the issue is to restart the software. After restarting SDJ, I can do whatever I like without getting the audio loss. The worst I get is minor glitchy behavior which lasts less than 30 seconds...
Sounds By JB 10:19 AM - 8 October, 2015
@Aaron E,

Actually, you were the one I discussed that with privately to which your comment was:

"1. For the drifting issue, I know what you mean by it being sudden. The cause is the parameters allowed while staying in sync are reached and then sync 'breaks'. Smart sync is designed to be locked firm, so when it goes, it goes straight away. Simple sync obviously has more leeway (and inherent drift)."

Cant you just make that parameter adjustable for the user? Than we can all decide what we find acceptable. Disabling the motor reduced the platter to a useless pitch bend device.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:39 PM - 8 October, 2015
Ah okay, sorry I didn't realise that was what you were getting at here.

That's a really cool idea to make sync locking a user-adjustable parameter, but man I can just imagine the conversation I would have with the development team..

Currently, we have two distinct types of sync; simple and smart. Simple is based mostly off transients (except when 'snap to beatgrid' is selected) and will drift as far as it wants as it is not really locked at all - it is more akin to adjusting tempo on the first press and then nudging with each subsequent press to keep the tracks aligned. This works best with more irregular music like hip hop, reggae, funk, soul etc.

Smart sync however is dependent on beatgrids and will lock in step on the first press. We then have certain parameters for how far anything can get from the lock before it 'breaks' and turns itself off. The thing I have no idea about is how flexible or open the tech is in terms of being able to allow user adjustment of the break parameters.

I will have a chat to some clever people, but my gut tells me that this is likely to be impractical to the point of unworkable. You never know though so it doesn't hurt to ask :)

Cheers,
Aaron
Sounds By JB 9:01 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Ah okay, sorry I didn't realise that was what you were getting at here.

That's a really cool idea to make sync locking a user-adjustable parameter, but man I can just imagine the conversation I would have with the development team..

Just make it an unofficial registry parameter or so :P
DJKhorosho 8:52 PM - 23 October, 2015
I have been experiencing these random audio cuts since June. I'm glad I have finally found a thread about this. Serato as failed to email me back for the last two weeks so I'm going to ask. Out of the general conclusion of everyone's testing what are the top five things I can do to try and reduce the chance of this happening aside from optimizing my computer. If any tech wants to get in touch with me I would love to have some support.

Side note: I talked to numark today about this issue and was recommended to use a usb 2.0 hub instead of the stock 3.0 hubs on my MacBook.
DJ MATRIX @ 9:09 PM - 24 October, 2015
YOU GUYS SHOULD JUST SCRAP THE SERATO DJ AND JUST LETS US USE SCRATCH LIVE ON OUR CONTROLLERS CAUSE THIS IS RIDICULOUS WE HAVE IMPORTANT AND PROFESSIONAL GIGS AND WE LOOK UNPROFESSIONAL WITH THESE ISSUES EVERY GOD DAMN DAY
DJ MATRIX @ 9:11 PM - 24 October, 2015
1.7.7 WAS SOLID THEN 1.7.8 ISSUES DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE NOW THE BETA 1.8 WORSE THATS WHY PIONEER DESIGN THERE OWN SOFTWARE BECAUSE THEYRE TIRED OF THE HEADACHE WITH YOU GUYS EVERY SO OFTER U GUYS PUT SOMETHING OUT AND EXPECT US TO PURCHASE IT AND THERE IS NO STABILLITY SOO NOT COOL
DJKhorosho 10:20 PM - 24 October, 2015
Quote:
1.7.7 WAS SOLID THEN 1.7.8 ISSUES DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE NOW THE BETA 1.8 WORSE THATS WHY PIONEER DESIGN THERE OWN SOFTWARE BECAUSE THEYRE TIRED OF THE HEADACHE WITH YOU GUYS EVERY SO OFTER U GUYS PUT SOMETHING OUT AND EXPECT US TO PURCHASE IT AND THERE IS NO STABILLITY SOO NOT COOL

I am also pretty tired of the well hopefully this new update fixes it. We are going on 5 months of this now.
Ragman 2:10 AM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:

1.7.7 is still solid (not was). You're still allowed to use it even if a newer version comes out. Just use the solid 1.7.7 if 1.7.8 is problematic for you. As far as the beta 1.8, it's still in the develop/test cycle so you can't really bitch about something we're all supposed to be testing and reporting bugs on. You do know what a public beta is right? Many software companies do it to use their customer base to move the beta process along faster. However a beta is not the final production version and should NEVER be used at a live gig. That's even noted on the opening splash screen. Judging from your reaction, sounds like you screwed up and used the beta at a live gig, which is your own fault if that's the case.
Tommy Deem 12:28 PM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:
YOU GUYS SHOULD JUST SCRAP THE SERATO DJ AND JUST LETS US USE SCRATCH LIVE ON OUR CONTROLLERS CAUSE THIS IS RIDICULOUS WE HAVE IMPORTANT AND PROFESSIONAL GIGS AND WE LOOK UNPROFESSIONAL WITH THESE ISSUES EVERY GOD DAMN DAY

Then be a pro as U state, have equipment which dosen't rely software only.
If u have Important gig coming then u ensure that u have some sort back up for this kind of situations.

I understand the frustration that Serato has issues, I use it too. But I never, ever, ever go to gig if I don't have backup or so: I play timecode vinyl with serato, never had issues with serato which couldn't be solved by my own effort, but still I have one CDJ plugged to my setup for worst case.

U state to be pro, act like a one then, If u cannot ensure that music goes allnight and withput interruption, it's ur fault, not Serato.
DJKhorosho 6:48 PM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If u have Important gig coming then u ensure that u have some sort back up for this kind of situations.

I understand the frustration that Serato has issues, I use it too. But I never, ever, ever go to gig if I don't have backup or so: I play timecode vinyl with serato, never had issues with serato which couldn't be solved by my own effort, but still I have one CDJ plugged to my setup for worst case.

U state to be pro, act like a one then, If u cannot ensure that music goes allnight and withput interruption, it's ur fault, not Serato.

Having a back up is smart but it sucks when you have to rely on it every other show for six month cuz Serato can't get their shit together.
DJ Padida 7:43 PM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:
I have been experiencing these random audio cuts since June. I'm glad I have finally found a thread about this. Serato as failed to email me back for the last two weeks so I'm going to ask. Out of the general conclusion of everyone's testing what are the top five things I can do to try and reduce the chance of this happening aside from optimizing my computer. If any tech wants to get in touch with me I would love to have some support.

Side note: I talked to numark today about this issue and was recommended to use a usb 2.0 hub instead of the stock 3.0 hubs on my MacBook.

Have a look at this thread:
serato.com
Heltino 8:29 PM - 25 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

a "pro" does not type with capital letters as a child in a forum.

furthermore: 1.7.7 is stable for you: please give me ONE reason why you play important gigs with another version? using newest release as soon as available or a beta (!) for paid gigs is not "pro". that is "idiot".
Robbie O 12:16 AM - 26 October, 2015
Props to you guys still testing... I wish I had the time. I've all but given up on the NS7ii and finally got some tech tables... For my mobile gigs, having the sound die randomly is unacceptable, I couldn't in good faith take peoples money and use that controller (using my back for 6 months now).... Now I'm just waiting on the DJM S9 and will probably sell the NS7ii.

Props to the Serato team for trying to figure this out, I was a good run, I just couldnt afford to wait for the solution and it gave me an excuse to go vinyl
DJKhorosho 1:04 AM - 26 October, 2015
Quote:
Props to you guys still testing... I wish I had the time. I've all but given up on the NS7ii and finally got some tech tables... For my mobile gigs, having the sound die randomly is unacceptable, I couldn't in good faith take peoples money and use that controller (using my back for 6 months now).... Now I'm just waiting on the DJM S9 and will probably sell the NS7ii.

Props to the Serato team for trying to figure this out, I was a good run, I just couldnt afford to wait for the solution and it gave me an excuse to go vinyl

This is the same path I think I will be heading if nothing changes in the 1.8 release. No trust no business
DJ Padida 4:02 AM - 26 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

This is the same path I think I will be heading if nothing changes in the 1.8 release. No trust no business

Good thing I got a pioneer ddj-sx2 which has been flawless with serato. I can't trust the NS7II with sdj if these issues aren't resolved hell maybe even after it could resurface after a few versions of serato dj. But the dev team been gathering a lot of data from the special builds they provided us with.
J.J. 6:10 PM - 26 October, 2015
I plugged in my old VCI-380 last month and had no audio issues whatsoever. Vestax filed Bankruptcy last year and has not yet resurfaced or updated any drivers. Still, the Hardware, Drivers and Serato DJ Software work great. Unlike Numark and Serato DJ.

www.facebook.com

The problem is, I want spinning platters. Still nothing from Denon???
DJ MATRIX @ 1:34 AM - 27 October, 2015
Let me respond to you Djs that responded to my post if u all had sense and use common sense being a DJ ,computer DJ and using a midi controller isn't a back up a back up is having your techniques or a Cdj on deck at the same time when u have these unprofessional issues in the new DJ world we are living in hence why a lot of Djs won't touch a midi controller Apple is evolving tremendously with their products especially the MacBook Pro and it's possible that serato cannot keep up with Apple updates why we are having issue perfect example do U see anyone having issues using virtual DJ with any device not a issue pioneer just design their own software for the same reason because they have solid hardware so having a software that's not solid only brings the hardware down I have 4 midi controllers and I have no issues with no other software but serato and I'm not the only one so you guys can stop pretending and sucking up like you're in this perfect world I give credit when it's due.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 6:00 PM - 6 November, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for all of your feedback! All of this will benefit Serato along with Numark.

We’ve had a few reports of users experiencing audio dropouts and hardware disconnect issues in Serato DJ when using any interface with DVS or a controller with motorized platters (such as the Numark NS7 series). If you’re experiencing audio or connection drops when using Serato with DVS or motorized platters, we’ve put together a guide that should help you diagnose and fix your problem.

Troubleshooting Serato & Audio Issues When Using DVS Or A Controller With Motorized Platters - www.numark.com.

For future support regarding your Numark hardware or hardware related questions, feel free to post on our Numark forum community.numark.com.

Thanks!
DJKhorosho 6:27 PM - 6 November, 2015
1.8 has been working very well for me. Running a numark ns7ii. No issues yet.
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 6:29 PM - 6 November, 2015
Quote:
1.8 has been working very well for me. Running a numark ns7ii. No issues yet.

Great to hear DJKhorosho. Thanks for posting back!
Heltino 10:29 PM - 6 November, 2015
same here.
SDJ 1.8 with NS7II...no more issues.
Was a long time of a hell of issues...but seems finally solved.
(Win10 64bit, 8GB RAM, i5 2,6Ghz (3,1Ghz))

For me it seems as well that Win10 is much better as Win7 in this combination.
Ragman 12:10 AM - 7 November, 2015
NS7 has been great on SDJ 1.8 as well. Using Windows 7 and 10.
DJ Padida 3:48 AM - 7 November, 2015
Since I changed my macbook pro's hard drive and installed yosemite, SDJ 1.8 been running the NS7II, SX2, V7s & AMX/AFX without issues.

Chris, you guys planning on making a numark V7 MK2 anytime soon?
DJ Marty B 4:53 AM - 7 November, 2015
I'm using the NS7III with a 2014 MBP Retina and 16GB of RAM. I definitely saw issues with the beta versions of 1.8 but the production version has been rock solid, not a single issue.
Papa Midnight 8:13 PM - 7 November, 2015
Quote:
Chris, you guys planning on making a numark V7 MK2 anytime soon?

I'm not sure how they can top perfection (www.numark.com).
deancrake 5:42 PM - 8 November, 2015
Quote:
I'm using the NS7III with a 2014 MBP Retina and 16GB of RAM. I definitely saw issues with the beta versions of 1.8 but the production version has been rock solid, not a single issue.

ive been having a beat grid issue since 17.3 where I cant alter beat grids on the fly without having the motors on and I don't have them on because they drift and loose sinc . I get a message in the bottom left message banner ( cannot alter beatgrids untill platter reaches full speed ) I don't get this in 17.3 i can slip the grid adjust the grid while the tracks playing with no effect to the audio .... But once I have to turn motor on to alter them in later versions it makes the platter active and disrupts the audio if you try to adjust or slip without them on it just gives me the message ... anybody else get this?
...im on a ns7 mk2 windows 7 i7 8gb ram ..
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:00 PM - 8 November, 2015
Hey deancrake

It would be best for you to open up a help request so one of the support team can help you out support.serato.com

Thanks, Aaron
ChronicX 9:08 PM - 8 November, 2015
Is there a way to instantly switch from 45-33 rpm in serato that can be used on controllers without this feature? To work like turntables when u switch while playing. This is probably the only thing I miss..great controller! I started a suggestion just in case. RESPECT.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:42 PM - 8 November, 2015
Yeah, not possible sorry.

Good to hear you opened a feature suggestion thread as this could be added to the MIDI panel at some stage if there is enough support for it.

Cheers
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:28 AM - 10 November, 2015
Hi all,

For those of you in this thread who have reported an issue where when scratching there would be a "pop" then complete loss of audio, this issue has been fixed in Serato DJ 1.8.

If you are having this issue, then please try updating -> serato.com

Cheers,
Michael.
deancrake 2:30 PM - 10 November, 2015
Quote:
Hey deancrake

It would be best for you to open up a help request so one of the support team can help you out support.serato.com

Thanks, Aaron

opened one few days ago no reply as of yet thanks though ...regards ...dc
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:25 PM - 10 November, 2015
Okay thanks man.

Yes, I'm afraid that with the massive uptake of Serato DJ 1.8, the team are a little busy right now. We are working through things as fast as we can though so someone should be with you soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Aaron
DJ Padida 6:43 AM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:

By adding Akai MPC Pads and a screen and you've got perfection.
Ragman 3:38 PM - 11 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

By adding Akai MPC Pads and a screen and you've got perfection.

My V7s are going on 6 years old yet still performing like new. As the years pass by they're turning into my old 1200s. Solid as a rock. I think he meant from that standpoint. But yes, agreed that adding MPC pads and screens while maintaining the overall solid build would take them to perfection. :-)
J.J. 8:07 PM - 12 November, 2015
Quote:
Hi all,

For those of you in this thread who have reported an issue where when scratching there would be a "pop" then complete loss of audio, this issue has been fixed in Serato DJ 1.8.

If you are having this issue, then please try updating -> serato.com

Cheers,
Michael.

Super Duper (Tryin' hard to look like Gary Cooper)

I like the red outline when you click on I (information). When can we get support for high resolution (High DPI and Retina) screens? When can we expect the return of the Tempo Matching Display? I can't really downgrade because of the fixed "POP no audio" for the NS7ii.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:01 PM - 12 November, 2015
Hey J.J.,

Quote:
When can we get support for high resolution (High DPI and Retina) screens?

This is something we are looking into, but don't have any ETA sorry!

Quote:
When can we expect the return of the Tempo Matching Display?

Currently there are no plans for it to return. We are monitoring feedback on the forum and other channels, so it is possible this may change.

Cheers,
Michael.
J.J. 3:49 PM - 13 November, 2015
Thanks for listening Michael. I know something is up with high resolution support when Serato's 1.8 videos of the animated GUI have way more detail than the actual software. They almost look vector because their are no jagged aliasing going on.

The Tempo Matching Display was some Serato exclusive super tool. NO OTHER SOFTWARE HAS THIS. It made mixing songs like live music with different BPMs easy. Besides the Library, this is the only thing I glanced at on the screen.
J.J. 5:10 AM - 31 May, 2016
The popping/distortion noise is back on my NS7ii with 1.9.1. It's happened the last 3 times after 30 minutes. The only way to fix it is to turn off the controller and turn it back on.

This is ridiculous. And still no fix on the strip search?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:52 PM - 31 May, 2016
Hey J.J.

Would you mind detailing what you mean by the popping/distortion noise? It's been a while since we were all talking about this and what you're experiencing may be a new issue that we need to look into. As much detail as possible would be good, including what buffer size you're running, your full setup and whether you can make it happen every time.

Feel free to put the info out here or in a help request so one of the team can work through it with you (and log it if it turns out to be a new issue). Up to you.

For the strip search are you meaning the issue when you have the DVS firmware update and it doesn't accurately jump to the start of the track? If so, this is a firmware issue we have raised with Numark. I'm happy to bump them on it, but you should also jump on their forums to let them know: community.numark.com

Thanks, Aaron
DJ Fluke 613 1:55 AM - 1 June, 2016
Hey Aaron,

I was going to pm you privately, but since you answered here maybe others can bemefit. In the release notes of 1.9.1it says fixed skip play head issue with motorized platters or something like thst. Can you elaborate on this ? Is there still an issue with the ns or v7 series ?

I haven't had any issues since the strip search option is disabled during playback.

Please advise, should I update as there is a potential issue ?
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 2:15 AM - 1 June, 2016
Just want to add my two cents (as usual). I was playing live a few nights ago. The play head on my right deck skipped to a Cue Point about a minute into the track. This was the first time that I had seen this after the 1.8 release. I realized that I had forgotten to disable Spotlight and I didn't check the Activity Monitor to make sure that wasn't anything unnecessary running. I did those things while I was still playing and I didn't have another issue for the rest of night...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:30 PM - 2 June, 2016
Hmmm... doesn't sound great DJ SKillz. I'd be keen to know if this happens again. Could you attach your log from the session by any chance?

Good call Fluke 613, I'm looking into what that change was exactly and will have a chat to the team that made it to see what the view is on that area of code. If you have no reason to move to 1.9.1, you may as well stay on 1.9 for now.

i'll let you know what I find out.

Cheers
DJ Fluke 613 11:29 AM - 3 June, 2016
Thanks Aaron.
Just Mike 3:06 PM - 3 June, 2016
Quote:
Just want to add my two cents (as usual). I was playing live a few nights ago. The play head on my right deck skipped to a Cue Point about a minute into the track. This was the first time that I had seen this after the 1.8 release. I realized that I had forgotten to disable Spotlight and I didn't check the Activity Monitor to make sure that wasn't anything unnecessary running. I did those things while I was still playing and I didn't have another issue for the rest of night...

@DJ Skillz, I had the similar issue. I just happened to be doing Karaoke last night. The person was singing about 1 minute into the song, the track jumps almost to the end of the song. I was embarrassed. I put on my "I didn't do it" look for the crowd and had to start the song over. SDJ did not do it again but this is concerning. I did have Spotlight enabled the whole night......Thoughts anyone????
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 7:04 PM - 3 June, 2016
Disable Spotlight using Terminal. Also disable Photos in the Activity Monitor. Those are the two that caused me the most problems before 1.8...
Just Mike 7:38 PM - 3 June, 2016
^^^^^^Thanks @ Detroit's DK Skillz!!^^^^^
Just Mike 8:20 PM - 3 June, 2016
Sorry....DJ Skillz
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 8:46 PM - 3 June, 2016
Lol! You're welcomed...
J.J. 3:01 AM - 4 June, 2016
Thanks Aaron and DJ Skillz. I forgot I had detailed notes about disabling spotlight.

Aaron, it didn't go out completely with a weird tone like we used to have. The noise sounds like a static hiss with a low pass filter on. I turned off Pitch N Time but that didn't help. I forgot about disabling Auto Gain and restarting. The only way to fix it is to restart the NS7ii. I also have the latest drivers and firmware. I downgraded to 1.9.0 and mixed for an hour with no more issues. Was something added in 1.9.1? I will try to record the hiss which won't be until after the 13th of this month. I'm out of town.

The Strip Search issue was added with firmware 1.0.5

Aaron E 7:14 PM - 16 August, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys

Yes, we have become aware of both the strip search and the remote connection issues. Both of these have been logged for investigation so will get looked into by our products and development teams asap.

Thanks

After the Firmware update, Strip Search is way off, especially once you get past 50%.
DJ Fluke 613 11:31 PM - 6 June, 2016
Quote:
Hmmm... doesn't sound great DJ SKillz. I'd be keen to know if this happens again. Could you attach your log from the session by any chance?

Good call Fluke 613, I'm looking into what that change was exactly and will have a chat to the team that made it to see what the view is on that area of code. If you have no reason to move to 1.9.1, you may as well stay on 1.9 for now.

i'll let you know what I find out.

Cheers

Hey Aaron, just wondering if you heard back?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:45 AM - 8 June, 2016
Hi guys, sorry for the delay.

There are three things under discussion here so I'll separate them out.

1. Strip search issue with firmware version 1.05 (DVS version) - @J.J. it's true this is still not fixed, but I'm afraid it's totally in Numark's court at the moment as it has to be fixed in the firmware. definitely hit them up at community.numark.com to let them know you are keen for a fix.

2. A noise coming through after playing for some time on SDJ 1.9.1. So far yours is the only report for this I'm afraid @J.J. I'd be really keen to see a video from when this happens if possible. I'd also be keen on seeing the log from the session and knowing where your buffer is set to when it happens, as well as any other info about what you are doing at the time.

3. A random jump of the playhead to an unexpected position. @DJ Skillz and @Just Mike - I'm very keen to see a session log from when you have had this issue. There is a possibility it could be related to the change that @DJ Fluke 613 pointed out in the release notes, but I should be able to know for sure if I see the log. It would also be good to know if either of you have DVS enabled, and whether you have changed the buffer size or sample rate during the session when you got it.

Thanks guys, Aaron
Detroit's DJ Skillz!!! 11:22 AM - 8 June, 2016
I apologize for the delay...

I just took a look through the logs but, the log for that date isn't there. In fact, there's hardly anything in my Log folder. I have no idea what happened to them.
Just Mike 3:59 PM - 8 June, 2016
Aaron, I have not pulled a session log before. Are there instructions on how to do this. I apologize in advance for not knowing. DVS was not enabled.
Papa Midnight 7:55 PM - 8 June, 2016
Quote:
Aaron, I have not pulled a session log before. Are there instructions on how to do this. I apologize in advance for not knowing. DVS was not enabled.

Hey Just Mike,

You'll need to go into your "My Music" directory on your local machine, then look in the directory named _Serato_.

Therein, you'll see another directory called "Logs".

Each file inside is named as a timestamp of when Serato DJ was opened. Likewise, the first line of the file contains a similar timestamp, and indicates when logging begins. You'll want to grab the file that corresponds with the problematic session which you experienced.
Just Mike 8:35 PM - 8 June, 2016
Papa Midnight, thanks for the assist!

Now where do I post the log? I know...I am a bit challenged!!

20160602-204359.3511
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:43 PM - 8 June, 2016
Thanks Papa Midnight!

My apologies Just Mike, I should have let you know how to get the log. And sorry again - you're totally right that you can't attach files in a general discussion thread. Man, I must have been caffeine deprived yesterday!

Can I get you to open a help ticket by clicking through the button next to the comment box and attach your log there. Make the subject Attention: Aaron and I'll pick it up.

@DJ Skillz - that's odd that you don't have any logs in there. They don't expire so you should always have 10 once you've played that many sessions. Maybe do a couple of test sessions to see if it starts populating. And if you can grab a log the next time you get the issue, that'd be great.

Cheers, Aaron
Just Mike 4:32 PM - 9 June, 2016
Aaron, session log disappeared because I opened up SDJ. It just happened to be the 10th log.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:40 PM - 9 June, 2016
Ah, rats.

If it's related to what we think it might be then you will likely get it again at some stage. It would be great to see the log if/when it does happen again as it will definitely help us investigate.

Cheers, Aaron
J.J. 10:18 PM - 12 August, 2016
Here is the video youtu.be

After 30 minutes of mixing, the audio starts to distort randomly. You can hear at 21 seconds, and then again at 37 seconds. I have Pitch N Time enabled. Because I'm on OS X 10.9, I downgraded back to Numark Driver 3.2 from 3.3.3. It randomly distorts on 3.3.3 as well.

OS X Mavericks 10.9.5.
Serato DJ 1.9.2
Numark Firmware V1.05
Numark Driver V3.2.0

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Kryp 3:39 AM - 13 August, 2016
Per J.J. above. The recent update made my ns7ii with screens unusable (AGAIN!) due to the cracks and pops every few seconds. WTF!? You just got this fixed!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:31 PM - 14 August, 2016
Hey Kryp,

I'd hit up our support team to get help with this - support.serato.com

sam.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:51 PM - 14 August, 2016
Hey J.J.

To be honest I've never seen that before, but I see that at both 21 and 37 seconds the distortion seems to be associated with use of the filter on channel 2. Have you ever had this happen on another channel, or on channel 2 without using the filter. Also, have you ever experienced this distortion when the touch capacitive functionality is off?

You might want to reach out to our friends at Numark as well as it could be related to the actual hardware itself, or possibly the firmware or driver: community.numark.com

Happy to keep working with you here as well, but probably worth bringing them into the loop.

Aaron
J.J. 1:11 AM - 16 August, 2016
It has nothing to do with the channel or filter. I was trying to filter out the sound because you could hear just the noise with a low pass filter.

It used to do the same sound before the whole controller crashed. You guys fixed it in this thread. 1.9.0 also fixed this audo problem. 1.9.1 reintroduced the problem. I don't use video or FX besides the Filter knob. I do use FLIP but it happens on songs without any FLIP as well. I will try to isolate the problem by doing long 2 hour mix sessions.I have already increased the buffer size and decreased the screen updates per second but I still get the random audio noise. It will take a very long time for each one of these.

1. Disable Pitch N Time
2. Disable Wi-Fi
3. Disable Spotlight (indexes the hard drives at random)
4. Disable external hard drive

Update 1: 2 hours without Pitch N Time and no audio problems.

I appreciate the help and continued support.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:39 AM - 17 August, 2016
Ah okay, sorry I could only hear it when you adjusted the filter and it seemed to go away when you set it back to zero.

All good man, will be interesting to hear how your testing goes.

Cheers, Aaron
J.J. 5:23 PM - 17 August, 2016
Another 4 hour mix sessions without Pitch 'N Time and NO audio issues.

Keylock sounds horrible over +/- 3%. I guess I got used the to sweetness of Pitch 'N Time.

I will continue to test...