Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Distortion in TTM 57 mkII & Serato 1.7.5

djjune 12:55 AM - 7 May, 2015
I'm receiving a distortion after several minutes of playing. But only with the new 57 mkII when i try my Rane 62 it works well. My usb latency hasn't changed (even when i change it not matter what number I put it, it still happens) I have to turn the mixer off and back on for it to go away. What can it be? Below I Attached a link of a video to be viewed.

Macbook Pro 15inch
OSX 10.8.5
16GB of RAM
1.5 TB Hard Drive

www.dropbox.com
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:06 AM - 7 May, 2015
wouldn't be suprised if it was a issue with 1.7.5,

releases like 1.7.5 are usually rush jobs to get out a version to support new hardware,

although serato won't admit it,

all you have to do is look back at some of the special versions that were released to support new hardware, i think they even had a warning not to download the version that was released for the 68 unless you had the 68
djjune 1:08 AM - 7 May, 2015
Well I have the TTM 57 MKII and it only works with Serato DJ 1.7.5 but not properly. The 62 works good with it so far.
Serato, Support
Micah G. 1:13 AM - 7 May, 2015
Hey djjune,

Hit up the support team, and they can help you out. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Cheers,
Micah
djjune 1:16 AM - 7 May, 2015
I did hit them up via phone and no one had an answer.
WonderBread J 11:10 AM - 1 July, 2015
Yes!

DJ June's description is exactly, word for word what is happening to me.
I just purchased two Rane 57ii mixers, one for the house and one for the club. Both are having identical distortion problems, just as described by DJ June. May I add, that when you turn it off and on, the time that it begins to distort gets shorter and shorter.

This happened to DJ June and with both of my mixers. Sooooo, so far it seems like a trend! Any remedies? I still love my 62 and will gig on it in the meantime, but didn't pay $3000 for two 57iis to sit on my bookshelf!

Thanks, any help would be great appreciated,
WonderBread J
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:31 PM - 1 July, 2015
You need to update to Mavericks or Yosemite.
Yona 4:44 PM - 1 July, 2015
I had the same issue.

serato.com

What I did to solve it was upgrade to OS X Mavericks (10.9). I wanted to upgrade to Mavericks instead of Yosemite so I could still use Scratch Live if I needed to. If that does't apply to you then I'd upgrade to Yosemite via the App Store. Mavericks is no longer available in the App Store however I found a solid copy online. In the comments section Luis Gonzalez explains step by step how to install the downloaded DMG file.

getintopc.com

Hope this help!
PopRoXxX 5:50 PM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
I had the same issue.

serato.com

What I did to solve it was upgrade to OS X Mavericks (10.9). I wanted to upgrade to Mavericks instead of Yosemite so I could still use Scratch Live if I needed to. If that does't apply to you then I'd upgrade to Yosemite via the App Store. Mavericks is no longer available in the App Store however I found a solid copy online. In the comments section Luis Gonzalez explains step by step how to install the downloaded DMG file.

getintopc.com

Hope this help!

SSL still works on Yosemite BTW. Use it all the time along with SDJ. And Yosemite has been WAY better for me by far than Mavericks. Especially with DVS
DJ Michael Basic 6:55 PM - 2 July, 2015
Anyone know if 1.7.6 fixes this issue? I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
PopRoXxX 6:58 PM - 2 July, 2015
I haven't had the distortion issue with Yosemite and 1.7.6. But I turned my PnT off. I think I may try turning PnT back on and see what happens
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:37 PM - 2 July, 2015
Quote:
Anyone know if 1.7.6 fixes this issue? I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

No it doesn't sorry, our current info from looking into this is that it's not a software issue.

Quote:
I haven't had the distortion issue with Yosemite and 1.7.6.

This issue only occurs on OSX 10.8.

Cheers,
Michael.
monchi 9:41 PM - 18 July, 2015
Quote:
I had the same issue.

serato.com

getintopc.com

Hope this help!

Thanks a lot. 10.9.5 is a lot quicker than 10.8.5 when browsing the net.
My laptop runs quiter and less heat is generated.
Going to try it with SDJ to rip vinyl.
Thanks for that link Yona.