Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

57MKII Output Distortion Every 20-40 Minutes

Yona 11:26 PM - 29 June, 2015
Already opened a support ticket but wanted to share in hopes that someone has figured this problem out.

I used an 57MKII for the first time last Thursday. The opener had no issues with the mixer or Serato DJ. I plug in the mixer's second USB with Serato DJ open and the virtual decks appear (was not prompted to install drivers and restart). The first 15 minutes went fine. Then the sound begins to distort on the Main, Booth, and Headphones from both decks regardless what mode I was in (using 1200s w/ internal ground) . It sounded like a bit crusher effect that was being redlined, pretty awful. The distortion wasn't immediate. Hardly noticeable at first then deteriorated over about 30 seconds to terrible.

I plugged my phone in the Session input to play a song and it sounded fine. I restarted Serato DJ and it worked fine for another 20-40 minutes then the distortion came back and I played a track from my phone. This happened 10x through 10pm-2am!! I was on my phone buying tracks that I could slam. It's beyond me how I was able to keep the crowd unaware and for the most part content.

While my phone played music I tried trouble shooting by switching USB inputs and USB cords but neither worked.

I've been using Serato DJ for 3 weeks without any issues on a number of setups. SL4 w/ 900nxs & 1200s, 62 w/ 1200s, 62 w/ CDJ900s in HID, SL4 w/ 900nxs & CDJ2000nxs in HID.

Since last Thursday I installed the driver for the MKII. I'm playing at the same venue tonight and will arrive early for some testing but will use my 62 until there is a definitive diagnosis/solution.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:29 AM - 30 June, 2015
Hi Yona,

This sounds like an issue we are aware of - are you running a Mac on OSX 10.8?

Cheers,
Michael.
Yona 3:10 AM - 30 June, 2015
Hey Michael,

Yes. 10.8.5 to be exact
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:38 AM - 30 June, 2015
Hi Yona,

Thanks for the information. I'm afraid that there is an issue with the TTM57MKII on 10.8.X where audio distortion can occur after some time. We are working with Rane on this issue, our recommendation for a work around is to upgrade to either 10.9 or 10.10.

Cheers,
Michael.
Yona 5:51 PM - 30 June, 2015
Any tips on how to upgrade to 10.9? I don't want to make the jump to Yosemite yet but that is whats available in the app store.
monchi 7:34 PM - 30 June, 2015
10.9 is not available for download on Apple store.
Yona 10:32 PM - 30 June, 2015
I was able to find and install 10.9. The process was fairly simple. I then updated to 10.9.5 via Software Update. Gonna give this a go Thursday along with SDJ 1.7.6.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:22 AM - 1 July, 2015
Nice one! That will resolve the issue so you shouldn't have it again :)