DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane MP2015 4-channel Rotary Mixer

Mr. Mac 5:49 PM - 22 January, 2015
Mr. Mac 6:18 PM - 22 January, 2015
raedonquan 6:22 PM - 22 January, 2015
Sold I'm getting
Detroitbootybass 6:32 PM - 22 January, 2015
Beautiful!
dj_soo 6:39 PM - 22 January, 2015
Not my thing, but shit does that look sexy as all hell...
Mr. Mac 6:43 PM - 22 January, 2015
Well it's about time. Game over.

Although, appears to be very poor placement of cue buttons dangerously close to channel knobs. IMO all the buttons should have been round as well to aesthetically stay within they rest of the design.
eugguy 6:55 PM - 22 January, 2015
I need a napkin. Someone hand me a napkin.
lvmez 7:22 PM - 22 January, 2015
I'm getting one for home use. I'm hoping it is not more than 2K, otherwise I will just get a refurbished Bozak.
Mr. Mac 7:24 PM - 22 January, 2015
MSRP: $3.5K USD
lvmez 7:29 PM - 22 January, 2015
WTF!!!!

No way. I rather get this: newyork.craigslist.org
Rebelguy 7:34 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
WTF!!!!

Yeah but you end up with a mixer which is not that easy to be repaired . No dual USB ports. No Level LEDs. No Split Cue. Who knows if the sound quality on the Bozak is even that much better.

I am curious how it compares with this...

www.electronique-spectacle.com
Mr. Mac 7:37 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
WTF!!!!

Apples n' Oranges. Love the Bozak, but it doesn't have a built-in SL4, no 3-band master isolator, etc, etc

Remains to be seen (rather HEARD) if the MP2015 has sound quality on par with Bozak, Urei, E&S, SuperStereo, et al
Mr. Mac 7:38 PM - 22 January, 2015
Not to mention you're comparing a 19" rack mount vs. a 12" tabletop chassis. Completely different animals.
eugguy 7:39 PM - 22 January, 2015
The $3.5k is a premium. I'm pretty content with my rotary at the moment. The 2015 just looks amazing though. I'm glad that they finally came out with a rotary. People have been asking for years and years. Maybe they can come out with one that is more bare bones? Less features that may bring the price down to the $2k range. Might as well pick up a A&H:V6.

Anyone I know who has the DJR400 is happy. That would be spectacular if Rane came out with something in that form factor around the $2k range.
lvmez 7:42 PM - 22 January, 2015
Different animals? If you produce a rotary mixer, it HAS to be compared to the best out there.

This mixer is not for mobile DJing. It's a permenant install IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to the Rane but the price point is high.
Detroitbootybass 7:43 PM - 22 January, 2015
These will likely be $2600 at retail.

A quality stand-alone isolator will run $1200-1800+. A nice refurbished Bozak/Urei 1620 (the original, not the 'LE' version) will cost $2000-2500... and they don't sound that great with digital audio (though their phono stages are awesome).

Considering the all the features on the MP2015, it is priced about what one would expect. I know we all wish it was in the sub-$2000 range, but that's not realistic.
Mr. Mac 7:44 PM - 22 January, 2015
^^^ agreed Detroitbootybass
lvmez 7:46 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
These will likely be $2600 at retail.

A quality stand-alone isolator will run $1200-1800+. A nice refurbished Bozak/Urei 1620 (the original, not the 'LE' version) will cost $2000-2500... and they don't sound that great with digital audio (though their phono stages are awesome).

Considering the all the features on the MP2015, it is priced about what one would expect. I know we all wish it was in the sub-$2000 range, but that's not realistic.

For a mint Boazk: $1800. newjersey.craigslist.org

*But a serato box will be needed.
Mr. Mac 7:47 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Different animals? If you produce a rotary mixer, it HAS to be compared to the best out there.
Yes different animals, and yes, of course it will be compared, which is why I said "Remains to be seen (rather HEARD) if the MP2015 has sound quality on par with Bozak, Urei, E&S, SuperStereo, et al"

Quote:

This mixer is not for mobile DJing. It's a permenant install IMO.

Huh? It's a 12" chassis tabletop design so of course it's more than suitable for mobile. Bazooka, Urei, not so much.
Mr. Mac 7:47 PM - 22 January, 2015
Damn autocorrect "Bozak" lol
Detroitbootybass 7:50 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Damn autocorrect "Bozak" lol

'Bazooka CMA 10-2DL'

Ha ha ha
Detroitbootybass 7:52 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:

For a mint Boazk: $1800. newjersey.craigslist.org

*But a serato box will be needed.

That's a good price considering it's from Mario G.
lvmez 7:59 PM - 22 January, 2015
I have been to Mario's garage and his work is incredible. Buying from him, you know you are getting the best.
Rebelguy 8:05 PM - 22 January, 2015
Another interesting thing is that the release doesn't mention anything about Serato Dj support and the picture looks like Traktor is running on it. Also, there doesn't seem to be any mention if the Serato Club Kit will work with this mixer,
Konix 8:26 PM - 22 January, 2015
It's not a Serato DJ mixer, at least not currently, maybe with the DVS Club Kit.
Rebelguy 8:33 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
It's not a Serato DJ mixer, at least not currently, maybe with the DVS Club Kit.

Makes you wonder if their relationship is really that bad at this time.
Mr. Mac 8:35 PM - 22 January, 2015
Wait, for $3.5K there's not the equivalent of a dual USB SL4 built in? An external Serato interface still needs to be used in order to use SSL or SDJ with the MP2015? Please tell me this is not the case.
DJ GaFFle 8:42 PM - 22 January, 2015
So does this new Rane Rotary make the Bozak hoarders want to sell them now?
Detroitbootybass 8:43 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Wait, for $3.5K there's not the equivalent of a dual USB SL4 built in? An external Serato interface still needs to be used in order to use SSL or SDJ with the MP2015? Please tell me this is not the case.

No... I don't know why you thought this was a Serato mixer. It does have dual USB ports though, so DVS support is quite possible. And the price will be closer to $2600 at retail.

I remember when the Allen & Heath V6 came out and it's MSRP was like $6000. It was typically $4500 at retail.
Mr. Mac 8:48 PM - 22 January, 2015
Well crap. I'd gladly pony up the full MSRP if it had a built in SL4, but now I'm soured a bit.
MPC O.G. 8:49 PM - 22 January, 2015
In the pic on the Rane website it IS running TSP. This mixer with a F1 or X1 v2 is MORE than enough to rock with.....MAYBE there is a NI mixer coming.
MPC O.G. 8:50 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
In the pic on the Rane website it IS running TSP. This mixer with a F1 or X1 v2 is MORE than enough to rock with.....MAYBE there is a NI mixer coming.

AND a NI update dropped today. Nothing major......
Detroitbootybass 8:52 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Well crap. I'd gladly pony up the full MSRP if it had a built in SL4, but now I'm soured a bit.

This mixer will have a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) of $2899, so my guess of $2600 at retail is fairly accurate. If you add a separate SL4 (MAP of $899; retail around $800) to the cost of the MP2015, you are just under the MSRP. Only thing is, it isn't built-in to the unit.
Mr. Mac 8:55 PM - 22 January, 2015
Yeah, I was REALLY looking to minimize gear/cabling and streamline setup though and have been dreaming of rotary version SIXTY-FOUR with master isolator. :-(
Mr. Mac 8:56 PM - 22 January, 2015
:sadtrombone:
lvmez 8:58 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
So does this new Rane Rotary make the Bozak hoarders want to sell them now?

No way.

Quote:

$1800 Boazk is looking better right about now.
Mr. Mac 9:01 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:

Quote:

$1800 Boazk is looking better right about now.

I'm afraid so. Baffling as to why they would develop a flagship mixer and not incorporate Serato support given the 68, 64 57, etc does :-/
Mr. Mac 9:06 PM - 22 January, 2015
So if DJ Club Kit allows two DJs to connect via USBs without need for an external SL4 I'm cool with that for an extra $169.
Mr. Mac 9:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
Question is though does DJ Club Kit allow two DJs to share the same SDJ control devices in a setup such as TT or CDJs with noisemap vinyl/CD and/or HID
Mr. Mac 9:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
^^^ the way that an SL4 allows. Anyone know yet?
Rebelguy 9:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
So if DJ Club Kit allows two DJs to connect via USBs without need for an external SL4 I'm cool with that for an extra $169.

That's only if Serato allows the MP2015 to have this support. There seems to be some issues going on in the background.
Mr. Mac 9:11 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

That's only if Serato allows the MP2015 to have this support. There seems to be some issues going on in the background.

Geez, can't we all just get along? lol
Mr. Mac 9:22 PM - 22 January, 2015
"There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability." – Only if it unlocks Serato I'm afraid.
Detroitbootybass 9:53 PM - 22 January, 2015
The core-customer this mixer is designed for isn't an SDJ user. Not tying this product to a software company is a good move in my book.
Gio Alex 9:57 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
The core-customer this mixer is designed for isn't an SDJ user. Not tying this product to a software company is a good move in my book.

I agree.
lvmez 10:06 PM - 22 January, 2015
I agree but at that price point it should have been a given(IMO).
Code:E 10:10 PM - 22 January, 2015
I have zero interest in ever playing live of that. but damn its sexy And I would love to mess around with it.
Mr. Mac 10:28 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:

Who in your opinion is the core customer for this unit?
Detroitbootybass 10:51 PM - 22 January, 2015
High-end ones with very demanding expectations of audio quality. People that would never play an MP3. People that are almost exclusively vinyl/CD DJs. The same people that Allen & Heath were targeting with the V6 (and that the E&S mixers are designed for). People that have extensive experience with the Bozak/Urei/Rane 2016.
Mr. Mac 11:02 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
High-end ones with very demanding expectations of audio quality. People that would never play an MP3. People that are almost exclusively vinyl/CD DJs. The same people that Allen & Heath were targeting with the V6 (and that the E&S mixers are designed for). People that have extensive experience with the Bozak/Urei/Rane 2016.

I consider myself I high-end customer with demanding expectations and have extensive experience with all the mixers you listed which is why I never use MP3s when using Serato DJ or Serato Scratch Live. Perhaps you didn't know this, but Serato Scratch Live and Serato DJ both have support playback of uncompressed AIFF and WAV files which is what I and countless other SDJ SSL users who care about sound quality use exclusively when using digital material. Given the fact that the MP2015 has USBs it begs the question if not for Serato users, then who is the core customer since really the only real contender a the moment and foreseeable future is NI/Traktor. I find it hard to believe Serato users are not part of the core customer group you mentioned. In other words, why would Rane even bother to incorporate USBs if they don't see Serato/NI users as core customers?
Mr. Mac 11:04 PM - 22 January, 2015
^^^Unless of course the DVS Club Kit is the intended solution for SDJ users to use with MP2015, which is what I'm waiting to find out.
DJMark 11:22 PM - 22 January, 2015
Looks beautiful.

I'm a little surprised they did not include an AES/EBU digital output.
Rebelguy 11:23 PM - 22 January, 2015
I'm confused as well. Serato did not announce Club Kit compatibility for this mixer nor did Native Instruments. So basically you have an awesome mixer which does not have native DVS support from either of the major players in the industry. This means you would have to buy an external box if you wanted vinyl control.
Rebelguy 11:23 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Looks beautiful.

I'm a little surprised they did not include an AES/EBU digital output.

That is very surprising as well.
Mr. Mac 11:24 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
I'm confused as well. Serato did not announce Club Kit compatibility for this mixer nor did Native Instruments. So basically you have an awesome mixer which does not have native DVS support from either of the major players in the industry. This means you would have to buy an external box if you wanted vinyl control.

Exactly. Something isn't quite making sense here (yet anyway).
Detroitbootybass 11:37 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Perhaps you didn't know this, but Serato Scratch Live and Serato DJ both have support playback of uncompressed AIFF and WAV files

I'm familiar with that information - I've been an SSL user since the day it was released and was a member of the original beta team. I've been around the block, so to speak.

The USBs, to me, seem like add-ons that could (possibly) be used with some DJ software or, more likely, as a high-end soundcard for recording to a computer straight from the mixer (DAW). I just don't see digital DJs as being the target audience for this mixer. Maybe a secondary one though.

It is worth mentioning again that one image on the Rane site showed this mixer with Traktor running on a laptop. Rane did make (and still makes) two USB mixers in the MP24 and the MP26 and neither could run on SSL or SDJ.

I should also point to a similar discussion about the aforementioned MP25/26: serato.com
Mr. Mac 11:48 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps you didn't know this, but Serato Scratch Live and Serato DJ both have support playback of uncompressed AIFF and WAV files

I'm familiar with that information - I've been an SSL user since the day it was released and was a member of the original beta team. I've been around the block, so to speak.

Oh good, glad to hear (I'm a from day #1 user as well) because it was awfully confusing when you said "The core-customer this mixer is designed for isn't an SDJ user" followed by "People that would never play an MP3" when asked who the core customer was if it didn't include SDJ users which made me think perhaps you didn't know SDJ is capable of playing back the same exact uncompressed files CDs can.

Quote:
Rane did make (and still makes) two USB mixers in the MP24 and the MP26 and neither could run on SSL or SDJ.

True, however neither of those models I believe were ever touted as flagship "the best mixer produced by Rane—ever. There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability"
Detroitbootybass 11:58 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
True, however neither of those models I believe were ever touted as flagship "the best mixer produced by Rane—ever. There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability"

Maybe Rane wanted it's highest-end mixer to not be tied to Serato (especially since the two companies are no longer 'besties') and to potentially be open to any software program. Flexibility like that could extend the lifespan for the MP2015.

Plus, the amount Serato charges per unit for the license would only add many hundreds of dollars to each mixer.
Mr. Mac 12:02 AM - 23 January, 2015
That's understandable. Just hope unlocking SDJ for use via built-in dual USBs will be an option for those willing to pay an extra premium (Club Kit?) so that they don't have to mess with wiring up an external SL4.
Mr. Mac 12:04 AM - 23 January, 2015
Because honestly, without SDJ support I might as well just stick with a E&S DJR 400, SuperStereo DN78 Phantom Valve, et al since I'd need to use my SL4 anyway with those.
Detroitbootybass 12:09 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
That's understandable. Just hope unlocking SDJ for use via built-in dual USBs will be an option for those willing to pay an extra premium (Club Kit?) so that they don't have to mess with wiring up an external SL4.

I agree. But that's not Rane's decision to make - that is up to Serato.
Mr. Mac 12:12 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I agree. But that's not Rane's decision to make - that is up to Serato.

Yep, hence the post and questions here on serato.com and not at rane.com

Hopefully someone from Serato will chime in with official info.
pdidy 12:29 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
I have zero interest in ever playing live of that. but damn its sexy And I would love to mess around with it.

well thats because you're from a different time and place......

This is what we call a "grownazzmans" mixer....lol
DJMark 12:53 AM - 23 January, 2015
I guess "Session out" could be used as a digital out, though you'd want to use an s/pdif to AES/EBU adapter for anything more than a short run.

Since all the kool kiddies suddenly discovered "deep house" in the last year (LOL LOL LOL LOL), maybe it's time for some of them to man up and learn how to use rotary faders (those that aren't automating their whole set in advance).
Averix 4:24 AM - 23 January, 2015
This mixer is missing a crossfader for djs who like to scratch... but overall still looks nice.
Mr. Mac 4:27 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
This mixer is missing a crossfader for djs who like to scratch... but overall still looks nice.

FWIW, in over 25 years of DJing I've never met a DJ who uses a rotary mixer who also uses a crossfader. Not saying they don't exist somewhere, just sharing my one personal experience and observation about that.
Mr. Mac 4:29 AM - 23 January, 2015
sorry, typo: ...just sharing my OWN personal experience...

My one wish from NAMM was for Serato to announce that their forum was getting an edit button. So far, nothing :-(
Averix 4:33 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

FWIW, in over 25 years of DJing I've never met a DJ who uses a rotary mixer who also uses a crossfader. Not saying they don't exist somewhere, just sharing my one personal experience and observation about that.

I feel what your saying... I was strictly a mixer before but I started to get more into scratching for my house dj sets. There are rotary mixers out there with crossfaders, just thought it be nice to have the best of both worlds.
pdidy 4:43 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

Blasphmy,
Averix 5:20 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Blasphmy,

LOL… Pdidy, you like a little girl… always trying to start something… J/K!

Don't start no s#&*, it won't be no s#&*
Konix 1:53 PM - 23 January, 2015
From Zach S at Rane (via DjTechTools)...

Quote:

Although the MP2015 has two 96k, studio grade, sound cards we designed this mixer, primarily, for the underground techno and house crowd who predominately use either CDJs or vinyl. The mixer is ready to go as far as compatibility with Serato DJ and/or Traktor though. It currently works with Traktor but without DVS control. Talks have already started between Rane and Serato and I'm sure you'll see this working with Serato DJ in the very near future. If we get our way it will be a certified DVS mixer with Traktor as well
Konix 2:00 PM - 23 January, 2015
Zach S at Rane walks through the mixer...

Watchwww.youtube.com
Mr. Mac 2:27 PM - 23 January, 2015
^^^ Thanks Konix, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. If/when MP2015 gets SDJ support I'll likely be placing my order (still looking at DN78).
djburnee 3:05 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
^^^ Thanks Konix, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear. If/when MP2015 gets SDJ support I'll likely be placing my order).

+1
lvmez 3:39 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

DAMM!!! Looks like I will be getting one.
Rebelguy 4:30 PM - 23 January, 2015
I think I may pick one up for personal use and rental possibilities.
Detroitbootybass 4:58 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Since all the kool kiddies suddenly discovered "deep house" in the last year (LOL LOL LOL LOL), maybe it's time for some of them to man up and learn how to use rotary faders (those that aren't automating their whole set in advance).

Meh... why bother? They'll all be jumping on a new bandwagon in the next twelve months anyways.

:)
eugguy 5:40 PM - 23 January, 2015
It just hurts me (my wallet) knowing that I am eventually going to purchase this regardless of the price.
Detroitbootybass 6:21 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
It just hurts me (my wallet) knowing that I am eventually going to purchase this regardless of the price.

It hurts so good...
Kristian Valdini 9:58 PM - 23 January, 2015
Awaiting official SDJ plug & play... if/when that happens I am all over this.

Be interesting to hear how the sound compares/differs to my current MP2016?

K
DJ DisGrace 3:40 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

DAMM!!! Looks like I will be getting one.

DAMN!!! Clean up those wires!
Mr. Mac 3:51 AM - 24 January, 2015
Well, there goes that idea Rane MP2013 will NOT be supported by Serato DJ Club Kit. Unfortunately it's looking like no go then for me. :-(

Question:
Quote:
Will Serato DJ Club Kit be available for use with Rane MP2015? If so, when?
Mixer >>> dj.rane.com

Will Serato DJ Club Kit be available for use with SuperStereo DN78 Phantom Valve (if it has the optional USB interface added of course)? If so, when?
Mixer >>> www.superstereo.co.uk
USB >>> www.superstereo.co.uk

Answer:
Quote:
Hey there,

Those mixers are not going to be supported by the Serato DJ Club Kit.

Sam.

Source: serato.com
lvmez 3:53 AM - 24 January, 2015
I am going to have to wait as well. I am sure that it eventually will be supported, but no reason to run out and get it.
Mr. Mac 3:57 AM - 24 January, 2015
Sp much for "There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability." :-/
Rebelguy 5:35 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Sp much for "There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability." :-/

How does Serato not wanting to support the MP2015 have to do with Rane's statement about the quality of their mixer?
woody008 6:00 AM - 24 January, 2015
I'm glad I also have a Traktor DVS kit handy.
Mr. Mac 6:16 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

How does Serato not wanting to support the MP2015 have to do with Rane's statement about the quality of their mixer?

If you re-read my post you'll see I said nothing about the quality. I'm sure the quality is great, however it does not have the best features and it is a compromise considering it has no support for Serato.
Rebelguy 6:40 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you re-read my post you'll see I said nothing about the quality. I'm sure the quality is great, however it does not have the best features and it is a compromise considering it has no support for Serato.

That would be your opinion though as not everyone is a Serato DJ user.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 6:44 AM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

It's not that we aren't interested in supporting this mixer, it's just that there is no current plan to do so that's been agreed by Rane and ourselves. If this changes and there is a plan decided, we'll announce like we have with our other supported hardware.

It's great to see such positive feedback on this mixer! Support in Serato DJ would be great for sure.

Sam.
Kristian Valdini 7:23 AM - 24 January, 2015
Huge disappointment to hear that a mixer that looks (on paper) to be pretty close to perfect will not come with SeratoDJ support from the off, but will have Traktor support?

K
Mr. Mac 2:23 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That would be your opinion though as not everyone is a Serato DJ user.

Well of course it's an opinion. Figured that was a given, just as "There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability." is an opinion as well.
Konix 3:19 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Huge disappointment to hear that a mixer that looks (on paper) to be pretty close to perfect will not come with SeratoDJ support from the off, but will have Traktor support?

K

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call it Traktor supported (it terms of native support). Any mixer with a soundcard/USB can be used with Traktor, without DVS of course (but there's ways around that too to get DVS support on unofficial devices).

That's just the nature of Traktor's "open source" format, it can use any standard ASIO/CoreAudio soundcard.
Mr. Mac 5:07 PM - 24 January, 2015
Rane, if you're listening, producing the MP2015 without SDJ support is kinda like Apple producing an iPhone 7 without Bluetooth support.
Rebelguy 5:24 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Rane & Serato, if you're listening, releasing the MP2015 without SDJ support is kinda like Apple producing an iPhone 7 without Bluetooth support.

Fixed.
MPC O.G. 5:43 PM - 24 January, 2015
Maybe Serato played one too many games of chicken with Rane. You have Denon making SL boxes now, so why SHOULD Rane lock all of their products to Serato? Then you retroactively unlock other mixers for use with SDJ further cutting Rane's profits while furthering theirs. It's ALL about the money. I have SSL, SDJ, and TSP. I don't NEED a 2015, but if I did I would almost certainly use it with TSP. Just my opinion.
pdidy 5:58 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Rane & Serato, if you're listening, releasing the MP2015 without SDJ support is kinda like Apple producing an iPhone 7 without Bluetooth support.

Fixed.

Why did you add Serato ? this is a RANE product so they make all the decisions as to what will be supported.
Mr. Mac 5:59 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Maybe Serato played one too many games of chicken with Rane. You have Denon making SL boxes now, so why SHOULD Rane lock all of their products to Serato? Then you retroactively unlock other mixers for use with SDJ further cutting Rane's profits while furthering theirs. It's ALL about the money. I have SSL, SDJ, and TSP. I don't NEED a 2015, but if I did I would almost certainly use it with TSP. Just my opinion.

Don't believe anyone's asking for Rane to "LOCK" the mixer to SDJ, just offer "SUPPORT" of SDJ so SDJ users can plug and play sans-external interface, even if an extra premium is charged (ie: Clib Kit). Big difference.
MPC O.G. 6:04 PM - 24 January, 2015
Rane DVS ready mixers ONLY work with Serato. Now Serato backdoored them. I'm saying why should Rane limit themselves to ONLY making Serato mixers? Club Kit makes money for Serato, NOT Rane.
(A lot of programs now can use Rane mixers)
pdidy 6:14 PM - 24 January, 2015
@ Og....I think it would be safe to assume that the addition of club kit support will increase sales to rane therefore making them more money...... right ?
Rebelguy 6:18 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed.

Why did you add Serato ? this is a RANE product so they make all the decisions as to what will be supported.

So your saying that if Rane wanted to support Serato DJ then it would just instantly work? This is a decision being made by both parties. Honestly though if you look at the MP2015 as it stands it's somewhat useless for any DJ utilizing control vinyl. There is no Serato DJ support and no
Traktor Scratch support. This means you would have to buy another Soundcard.
MPC O.G. 6:29 PM - 24 January, 2015
If I already DON'T use any DVS I can use this mixer. I understand this is a Serato forum. What if they DO get a deal done with NI? VDJ and Mixvibes ALREADY work with ANY sound card. Why SHOULD Rane brand their product with the Serato logo? The folks at Serato are so busy trying to run NI out of business (ain't going to happen, TSP is a small part of what they do), that they don't see Pio moving toward needing NO DVS. Flexibility is the sexiest thing about any piece of hardware (at least in my eyes). That's all I'm saying. I will have all of the DVS systems available by the end of this year. Maybe the new rumored NI mixer in the pipeline is a Rane. Competition is good for all of us.
Mr. Mac 6:33 PM - 24 January, 2015
Quote:
@ Og....I think it would be safe to assume that the addition of club kit support will increase sales to rane therefore making them more money...... right ?

It sure would because we won't be purchasing any MP2015s until if/when it supports SDJ.
Mr. Mac 6:36 PM - 24 January, 2015
^^^ imagine same is true for other SDJ users as well.
MPC O.G. 6:40 PM - 24 January, 2015
True. But there are plenty of OTHER people who use other DVS systems or no DVS at all that WILL buy this. A lot of audiophiles will buy it too. I have TSP, I can buy this now and just use a F1 and a laptop and be good. WITHOUT BUYING A SEPARATE LICENSE.
woody008 6:48 PM - 24 January, 2015
But just how much would this boost sales? Enough to warrant serato's investment into costly coding and R&D? Or has Serato so far determined that there isn't enough market to make a such heavy investment?
raedonquan 8:19 PM - 24 January, 2015
hey 2015 and and a sl3 is fine with me if there's no club kit.... but the club kit would be nice...
dj_soo 2:03 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:

K

You can map traktor to anything.

There's no traktor scratch support which requires a similar license as sdj

So right now, you can't use it with timecode for either serato or traktor.
MPC O.G. 4:43 PM - 25 January, 2015
But you can use Traktor HID mode. Hopefully it will be made certified for both. This it the way ALL mixers should be made. Flat rate pricing. Then a licensing fee that the manufacturer and software company agree upon. This is a bold new business model. I hope Rane sticks to it.
raedonquan 5:10 PM - 25 January, 2015
not certified more like midi mapped.... i can see it now vdj8 in a 2015 doesnt sound right
Gio Alex 5:16 PM - 25 January, 2015
Be nice serato, lol give us what we want.
nickyb2k189 5:17 PM - 25 January, 2015
It will support serato dj with the club kit eventually and I'm sure for Traktor as well. Stop your worrying everybody. I'm sure Serato can't give you a certain "yes" at the moment because they just released it and need to give it some breathing room of its own to let speculation rise. Then after everyone asks for it they will announce it in SDJ 1.7.4/1.8 like they are some type of god answering all of our prayers. Although these companies may not be close like they used to, they aren't stupid. Same with all major brands. Timing is everything.

by the way. I HATE that denon is making serato boxes now ($300). Almost seems like a kick in the nuts to rane's sl2 ($500). Wish they would patch it up and continue to make legendary products together and leave everyone in the dust.
raedonquan 5:17 PM - 25 January, 2015
ni only wants a closed system right now.. so with the right configurations it will be easy for traktor to work... you only basically using the sound card for the audio...
raedonquan 5:20 PM - 25 January, 2015
sl2 still work with scratchlive so when scratch live stops working with let say window 15 and osx 20.... then the sl boxes will be outdated...

how many djs would have a 10 yr old laptop still working hoping ssl will still work
Gio Alex 5:22 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
by the way. I HATE that denon is making serato boxes now ($300). Almost seems like a kick in the nuts to rane's sl2 ($500). Wish they would patch it up and continue to make legendary products together and leave everyone in the dust.

It's a kick in the nuts for sure, but serato gave them the opportunity so I would see it as serato indirectly kicking rane in the nuts as well. I mean of course, they're gonna sell it for less. Any company would do so to beat the competition.

The only real difference though is that the Denon serato interface has no support for SSL. That's the only advantage I can see with the SL2.
MPC O.G. 6:18 PM - 25 January, 2015
dj.rane.com
It was made the way it was asked to be made...
DJMark 10:59 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
The only real difference though is that the Denon serato interface has no support for SSL. That's the only advantage I can see with the SL2.

I see a couple other advantages for the Rane interface: it's manufactured in the United States, and supported by a company that actually answers the telephone with a live human being, and answers emails promptly.

I'm also going to take a guess that the Denon interface is not made with the same quality of components inside.

Wondering if Rane might have any grounds for a lawsuit, given the extreme exterior similarity.

A real "Behringer" move here from Denon.
DJMark 11:01 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
dj.rane.com

I forgot all about that poll.

The results seem to indicate you might have accidentally left the word "not" out of your post.
Mr. Mac 11:03 PM - 25 January, 2015
^^^
Quote:
Would you have any interest in purchasing a rotary-fader mixer with Seraro built in? Or rotary-fader option for an existing mixer?

Yes this is an awesome idea: 17
No I would not be interested: 0
What’s a rotary fader?: 1

pdidy 11:07 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
dj.rane.com

I forgot all about that poll.

The results seem to indicate you might have accidentally left the word "not" out of your post.

Yea that had me confused, "not" is the only way it makes sense.....lol
MPC O.G. 11:17 PM - 25 January, 2015
I was referring to the last comment on the thread. Where the person asked for it to be able to be used with any software. You gentleman are CORRECT. I was not clear enough on what I was saying. Just goes to show US. If we want something from Rane we should ask them, not the people at Serato. Hopefully this cross-platform business model will catch on. An unlocked 57MK II with TSP would be insane. I'm DEFINITELY getting a 57 MK II (will use the TSP DVS hack and see what happens, I have 2 TSP licenses).
Gio Alex 11:26 PM - 25 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I see a couple other advantages for the Rane interface: it's manufactured in the United States, and supported by a company that actually answers the telephone with a live human being, and answers emails promptly.

I'm also going to take a guess that the Denon interface is not made with the same quality of components inside.

Wondering if Rane might have any grounds for a lawsuit, given the extreme exterior similarity.

I agree with you on the customer service/repair point, but as far as quality goes, most decent almost prosumer level audio interfaces cost about 300 dollars anyway, so I don't think its a big deal that it costs $299. I've been on the other side of the game and saw what some of these things sell to the retailer for. You'd be surprised at what something that goes for 600-700 actually cost the retailer. Sometimes the mark up is double. Other times it's 10-20%.

I think the only reason an sl2 cost 500 to begin with was because you have two companies trying to make the most bank out of a deal/partnership.
Mr. Mac 1:02 AM - 26 January, 2015
Rane Empath Rotary MKII 2-channel mixer with Serato DJ Club Kit support :-)

serato.com
runningoutofspace 3:55 AM - 11 February, 2015
With the CDJ2000s, HID works on Traktor and you can use any mixer's soundcard or aggrigated soundcard set-up so that is why they can show Traktor as an example but it isn't a sign of anything. Realistically, it os nicer to have options.

The Session out needs to br explored. I'm cutious as to if this is an assignable output too. That would be great for working with hardware clocking devices.
runningoutofspace 8:19 PM - 11 February, 2015
Damn those little on-screen keyboards and tiny windows on mobile devices! I always find issues after I've posted something so here's my clean up to clarify my message:

Rane showing this mixer with CDJ2000s running Traktor isn't really an indication of anything other than "options". I believe them showing it with Traktor makes sense if they release today and users don't have support from NI or Serato. I'm a +1 for Serato support via the Club Kit because that makes sense because honestly, HID is the easiest way for all mixers to use Traktor. HID works on Traktor without a proprietary sound card and it is that loophole to avoid waiting forever or paying too much for Scratch Certification. Rebadging your mixer for two softwares like Pioneer did actually divides users and things get a bit weird when you tether software to one device that is almost the same device that works in another software but neither work in both. I'm not saying users who bought one mixer like the 900NXS vs the 900SRT got screwed but the real world, most people don't care about what you use. They do want to idolize DJs who focus more on their selections and have skills, and less of two DJs swapping out mixers. However, in this case it would be nice to have a mixer that works in both softwares and commands you to have skills not just clever button mashing routines.

The mention of the Session out needs to be explored. I'm curious as to if this is an assignable output too. That would be great for working with hardware clocking devices. In the past, I experimented with Traktor slaving Ableton Live -> further onward to hardware instruments which had their own sequencing via an Innerclock Systems Sync Gen Pro II (clocking device). It was spot on but a lot more complicated than it had to be and with the need of two separate sound cards that couldn't be aggregated - it became further unrealistic; that level of overly complicated set-up was hard to flow with but! One directly assignable output pair would close the gap and make it more feasible.

Finally, Serato & Ableton need to bring back The Bridge because an assignable output won't work in this case without a MIDI clock send function like Traktor has. They know about it, I just hope my reasoning helps them understand how it can be used.
dj_soo 10:32 AM - 13 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you on the customer service/repair point, but as far as quality goes, most decent almost prosumer level audio interfaces cost about 300 dollars anyway, so I don't think its a big deal that it costs $299. I've been on the other side of the game and saw what some of these things sell to the retailer for. You'd be surprised at what something that goes for 600-700 actually cost the retailer. Sometimes the mark up is double. Other times it's 10-20%.

I think the only reason an sl2 cost 500 to begin with was because you have two companies trying to make the most bank out of a deal/partnership.

couple more things the SL2 has on the DS-1:

allows you to use an external power supply so you can switch/play vinyl without a laptop connected

better signal-noise ratio

Rane pre-amps. I'm not even sure that the DS-1 even has it's own preamps? I haven't read anything that says it does. If not, you won't be able to play vinyl at all on the DS-1 due to not having a thru like the SL1. If so, Rane still has pretty much some of the best preamps in the business.

recessed RCA ports - could be an issue with damage if you just throw your box in your bag without a case.

And of course build quality - those Rane boxes are nearly indestructible. SL1s from 2004 are still working today. Denon box is unproven.
WarpNote 10:59 AM - 13 February, 2015
Quote:
Rane pre-amps. I'm not even sure that the DS-1 even has it's own preamps? I haven't read anything that says it does. If not, you won't be able to play vinyl at all on the DS-1 due to not having a thru like the SL1. If so, Rane still has pretty much some of the best preamps in the business.

As far as I can tell, the AkainAMX dont have built int preamps either, and I can still play regular vinyl. Probably some kinda software amplification going on in SDJ?

However, it does need to be connected. So yeah, I do agree, the SL2 has a couple things over the DS1. For new users on a budget though, I'm guessing the DS will sell quite well.
Gio Alex 4:01 PM - 13 February, 2015
Quote:
Rane pre-amps. I'm not even sure that the DS-1 even has it's own preamps? I haven't read anything that says it does. If not, you won't be able to play vinyl at all on the DS-1 due to not having a thru like the SL1.

By no means is the a defense, just clarifying.

The SL2 did not have thru inputs either. Denon DS1 is similar to Rane's SL2 which has a phono/cd switch, and based on the video i saw here Watchwww.youtube.com If you start at 0:56 you'll see a similar switch.

Quote:
And of course build quality - those Rane boxes are nearly indestructible. SL1s from 2004 are still working today. Denon box is unproven.

"Rugged, all-metal construction" <-------
Yes the DS1 is unproven but take most audio prosumer audio interfaces. They cost anywhere around $300. This is not a big deal. All the main NI Traktor Scratch boxes were higher quality than the SL1 and SL2 for years and cost less for the package. Just saying.

I use a focusrite profire 14 and it's an amazing audio interface with great mic preamps and A/D conversion, and I think I paid 240-300 a couple years back.
CMOS 6:34 PM - 13 February, 2015
I think I remember a video where the ran over the SL1 with a truck.
Gio Alex 6:39 PM - 13 February, 2015
Quote:

lol
WarpNote 6:55 PM - 13 February, 2015
Quote:
Yep, that one was epic...
Taipanic 7:01 PM - 13 February, 2015
Add me to the list wanting Serato DJ support for the MP2015. I would love one for my studio and to play vinyl on but really don't want to have to have another setup (or lessen the quality of this one) to play Serato DJ for other real world work.
Joee 3:33 PM - 20 February, 2015
Mr. Mac 3:36 PM - 20 February, 2015

Awe, aren't they adorable! All the little baby MP2015s together in the nursery getting prepped for delivery. The stork will be flying my girl here soon. Getting her room ready now for the big day!

PLEASE ADD SDJ CLUB KIT SUPPORT ASAP
runningoutofspace 4:15 PM - 20 February, 2015
I really hope one of those is mine on it's way!

+1 for Serato DJ + DVS support.
(even if it is via the forthcoming Club Kit)
lvmez 4:28 PM - 20 February, 2015
I am holding off until Serato support. They look great.
runningoutofspace 4:35 PM - 20 February, 2015
It's okay. I ordered mine right after NAMM and was a little surprised to find out that I was the 1st customer ordering it through a big US retailer because they were special order - paid all up front with the possibility to receive in a few weeks afterwards, then the real ETA info came back from Rane and I guess I'm way down in the queue because I think they said mid-March but I have to check now because it seems like so long ago already, I've forgotten when it is was supposed to come.
runningoutofspace 4:51 PM - 20 February, 2015
When the next version of SDJ hopefully, it includes the Club Kit, but who knows. The Beta version I'm using with my DB4 & K2 allowed me to finally use Serato for the first time but I have to say that I'm really impressed by Serato Flip. I shelled-out for the whole Serato DJ Suite and didn't activate the FX packs, but I probably won't do it until until this MP-2015 is considered. Not a bold statement, but if I have to only use the DB4 with Serato, I won't even think about the FX. Since, I'm now using Serato, the inclusion of Serato Flip makes the performance possibilities really interesting if you like to play personal edits but usually spend a lot of time trying to make them. The FX would come in handy with this but for now, I'm holding off activation. Smiling at Serato for making this DVS so great with so much potential in all ways.

If I had to use Traktor with it, I'd rather use vinyl before HID. Too much library work between this, Traktor, iTunes and Rekordbox. I guess the new Mixed in Key 7 is interesting to speed up time but I don't like Auto anything.

(garble rant)
runningoutofspace 5:04 PM - 20 February, 2015
On the Traktor use mention I was trying to say that I would rather not continue using Traktor even if it came down to the only way to use a DVS without an additional sound card, on the MP-2015. As a user of the DB4, I felt a bit burnt by NI ignoring A&H for way too long on their attempts to work out Scratch Certification. I can say for one that I've had the Xkey Modified file to make Traktor Scratch work on my DB4 but I didn't want to use it. I waited and waited for this while simply focusing on vinyl in the meantime. I don't think their hatred for NI but I'm not happy with the thing they did that slowed down DVS and the progress of users. On the other hand, it was a boost for Serato because just about everything they did to make propriety devices or back-door deals kind of divided them from their users. On the back of that, I decided, I'm a DJ first before I'm a tech enthusiast and can't get hung-up waiting for companies to come around. A mixer is a mixer, the stuff that goes through it should be music that you love to play. Where that music lies or on what device its in has to work for you. If one day I have to play on CDJs I don't worry that much - Rekordbox. If there's only turntables, try to bring as much vinyl as I can and my mixer if I can too. If there's no decks there, I'm not playing.

With this mixer, my hopes is to bring back the focus on music with a little less FX than I've used because honestly, I don't use many FX and I'm 95% playing on real vinyl these days. I've always used Isolator EQs and Filters so that works on both mixers. My DB4 will actually become a production mixer and Serato mixer for when, but uh... no one asked me all this..I'm just stating where I stand on this whole usage thing. It's not that complicated of an existence to use multiple things but some of them must align and I believe Serato is the key right now.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:15 AM - 26 February, 2015
Received my MP2015 :)

instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com

As always thanks to Agiprodj (Kevin and the rest of the crew) on getting me fresh new gear right away!
www.agiprodj.com

My credit card company loves you LOL.
When will the TTM57MK2 be available? :P
pdidy 1:24 AM - 26 February, 2015
Gio Alex 1:29 AM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:

instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com

As always thanks to Agiprodj (Kevin and the rest of the crew) on getting me fresh new gear right away!
www.agiprodj.com

Extra props for droppin' that old school house track on wax!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:32 AM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:

Extra props for droppin' that old school house track on wax!

It was just proper with this mixer and unfortunately I can only play real vynil on this mixer since it not Serato ready....yet (hoping).
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:42 AM - 26 February, 2015
My son testing the MP2015 :)

He seems to know how to work the knobs lol
instagram.com
Joee 1:44 AM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:

instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com

www.agiprodj.com

I DON'T LIKE YOU!!!!!!!

lol

congrats!
The Return of Dj Sparky 1:56 AM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
My son testing the MP2015 :)

He seems to know how to work the knobs lol
instagram.com

Thought the kid was going to scratch the record when his hand went for the headshell
runningoutofspace 6:02 AM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
"Received my MP2015 :)"

@ DJ_X_Trodinaire: Can you share any new information learned after getting your MP-2015?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:26 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
"Received my MP2015 :)"

@ DJ_X_Trodinaire: Can you share any new information learned after getting your MP-2015?

First impression: WOW

2nd impression: Rane build = Win!
The layout looks busy. But once you get to try it, everything is in its right place.
The knobs and pots feels nice and smooth. The buttons are

My last use of a rotary was in the late 90s Early 2000s so it is a learning curve again :)
instagram.com

My quick run through using real vinyl. I am hoping that the Serato Club Kit will work with the MP2015.

Sound is warm, lots of umph (bottom/bass) specially playing with real vinyl. I guess my ears are tarnished by mp3s for all these years or I just miss the crackle and pop of a well used vinyl :)

Lots of headroom.

Submix is neat. Although I have no use for it currently. It also acts as an additional input with EQ and filter if going through the FX loop and session in.

Main Output Isolator is awesome.
Another owner of the MP2015 wished that the Isolator should be channel assignable. Currently it is only for the Main output. (fix via firmware update? wishful thinking)

If you are a true old school house head, you cannot pass up on the MP2015.
It is a keeper. It will be another classic mixer.

I wonder if Rane can make a Crossfader expansion module? <ducks from flying shoes> lol
just kidding! MP2015 is perfect the way it is. Great job Rane!

instagram.com
Can You Feel It
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:27 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:

I DON'T LIKE YOU!!!!!!!
lol
congrats!

What?! you don't have one??? tsk tsk LOL
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:33 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I DON'T LIKE YOU!!!!!!!

lol

congrats!

What?! you don't have one??? tsk tsk LOL

I'm in shock myself...

How dare a new piece of equipment come out and Joee doesn't have it!

I betchu he couldn't wait to NOT RTFM! LOL.!
Joee 2:18 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
I'm in shock myself...

How dare a new piece of equipment come out and Joee doesn't have it!

I betchu he couldn't wait to NOT RTFM! LOL.!

LMAO

you just worry about the x5 jawns……lol

all seriousness you need to wait for them new jbl prx800 before you make any moves
Joee 2:22 PM - 26 February, 2015
^ sorry SRX800--> www.jblpro.com
DJ Dynamight 2:31 PM - 26 February, 2015
@DJ_X_Trodinaire

Gear Whore.

:-P
Detroitbootybass 3:09 PM - 26 February, 2015
Beautiful photos!

More, please!
Gio Alex 3:17 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
Beautiful photos!

More, please!

Haha +1

Without the filters. We wanna see her true beauty, no make up.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:36 PM - 26 February, 2015
LOL well you all gotta wait. I do have a day job to pay for these dj gear :)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:02 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
all seriousness you need to wait for them new jbl prx800 before you make any moves

See? Here you go again! lol...

NO! I'm rockin' with the ZXA5's man...

You convinced me a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago..... ;-D.

You don't want to undo all that good work, now do you?
Joee 6:23 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
See? Here you go again! lol...

NO! I'm rockin' with the ZXA5's man...

You convinced me a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago..... ;-D.

You don't want to undo all that good work, now do you?

have you looked @ the specs? a 3" compression drive is one of the key features zx has a 2"
Joee 6:24 PM - 26 February, 2015
o & the 15" are cheaper than zxa5
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:28 PM - 26 February, 2015
So who here has them and can say they're better than the ZXA5's?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 7:00 PM - 26 February, 2015
Hey trolls start a new thread
Keep this for MP2015 please

Thank you

GTFO! LoL
Gio Alex 7:01 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:

Thank you

GTFO! LoL

I was just about to say that. We have enough ZX... Speaker threads. SheesH!!! lol
Joee 7:30 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:

Thank you

GTFO! LoL

this is not trolling…..lol

Quote:
So who here has them and can say they're better than the ZXA5's?

there not out yet, i did get pricing thou

now back to your regularly scheduled programing THE SEXY MP2015
DJStevieRay 7:32 PM - 26 February, 2015
Quote:
Yeah but you end up with a mixer which is not that easy to be repaired...
Who knows if the sound quality on the Bozak is even that much better.

Just throwing my .02 in. First of all. Bozak mixers are 100% analog, and are simple to repair. Basically, you can swap cards. The cards are very simple technology and can be repaired and soldered by anyone who has basic skills repairing electronics.

Second. Bozak mixers are one of the cleanest and warmest mixers EVER produced, hence why UREI made an exact duplicate, and RANE (The MP2016) also duplicated it, but with some technological differences, which made it better feature wise, but id did sound a little more hollow. How do I know? Because I have been doing this since 1986, and besides my first mixer (Meteor Clubman), I have had a rotary mixer ever since including the Bozak, UREI 1620 and MP2016, Pioneer DJM-3000 (with Rotary) and DJM-800 with Rotary. I haven't upgraded the 800, because Pioneer no longer has a rotary option.
runningoutofspace 10:06 PM - 26 February, 2015

Actually, DJ_X_Trodinaire you've just shown the best real-life angle of this mixer in that last instagram video. I think the pictures that Rane displayed and even the angles of the videos in NAMM Demos didn't quite do it justice.

I can't wait for mine. Can't believe it's gonna be another 40+ days but they better get it right.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:38 AM - 27 February, 2015
More pics

With RP8000
i38.servimg.com

With PLX1000
i38.servimg.com

With 1200MK2
i38.servimg.com

Close Up Smile!
i38.servimg.com

Side Pose
i38.servimg.com

Evan Almighty testing the MP2015 again :)
i38.servimg.com
Joee 12:42 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
Close Up Smile!
i38.servimg.com

man you night right

i feel like you just got the last ice cream cone from the trucks that came around playing that song when we were little kids & i had to settle for a ice pop……lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:52 AM - 27 February, 2015
Nice pics @ DJ_X_Trodinaire!

BTW, I'm no Troll!

I see u with the PANKS THO!

Salute!
Joee 12:53 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:

BTW, I'm no Troll!

Salute!

i totally missed that….lol
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:17 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:

BTW, I'm no Troll!

Salute!

Oh geeze lol
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:44 AM - 27 February, 2015
one more :)
instagram.com
raedonquan 3:13 AM - 27 February, 2015
those 1200 need some wood triming
runningoutofspace 6:04 AM - 27 February, 2015
Okay, if you would like this mixer to be considered for Serato DJ support, please kindly give a
" +1" in this forum topic: serato.com

There are no guarantees it just a way to show Serato & Rane there is interest.
Detroitbootybass 3:58 PM - 27 February, 2015
Thanks for the additional pictures, DJ_X_Trodinaire!

runningoutofspace: I have added my support in that thread - hopefully Serato takes notice (but I'm not holding my breath as my faith in Serato has fallen considerably over the past few years).
Gio Alex 5:09 PM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
Thanks for the additional pictures, DJ_X_Trodinaire!

runningoutofspace: I have added my support in that thread - hopefully Serato takes notice (but I'm not holding my breath as my faith in Serato has fallen considerably over the past few years).

you know they're gonna do it. Don't see why they wouldn't.
Detroitbootybass 10:30 PM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:

If I had to bet money on it, I would think that Serato wouldn't support the MP2015.

Why? Because their relationship is strained (Serato also wouldn't add support for the Rane MP25 or the MP26) and likely won't play nice with a Rane mixer that can be used with other competing software programs. I am only 'hopeful' that they will see fit to support Rane's flagship mixer.
Gio Alex 10:49 PM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If I had to bet money on it, I would think that Serato wouldn't support the MP2015.

Why? Because their relationship is strained (Serato also wouldn't add support for the Rane MP25 or the MP26) and likely won't play nice with a Rane mixer that can be used with other competing software programs. I am only 'hopeful' that they will see fit to support Rane's flagship mixer.

They recently announced a 57SLMKII which means they're still in business. I get the MP25 & MP26 argument but the MP2015 is a new mixer and would help sales for Rane and Serato.
Detroitbootybass 4:27 PM - 28 February, 2015
Yes, I know they still have business ties - but it's not like it was before. If Serato had any intention of supporting the MP2015, they would have come to an agreement before it was released. The fact that they didn't tells me they aren't, at best, really interested... and, at worst, they're quite hostile to an 'open software' mixer from Rane.

We do agree that it would help sales of Serato and it's related products. This seems, on the face of it, a no-brainer. But Serato has made moves for the past few years that seem counter-intuitive and apparently defy logic.
raedonquan 10:31 PM - 28 February, 2015
what wrong with connection an sl box to the mp2015 if serato doesnt give it support.

im on the fence between the mp2015 and urei or a ARS rotary... i still have to connect an sl box to them..
DJMark 11:17 PM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:
what wrong with connection an sl box to the mp2015 if serato doesnt give it support.

Not much, especially since unlike the 57/62/64/68 there aren't any buttons intended for software functions.

SL box is actually preferable in a way since it would support Scratch Live.

The extra cost and slight theoretical audio degradation are the only bummers.
raedonquan 11:18 PM - 28 February, 2015
if they made a serato box with digital out them i would totally buy that
DJMark 11:22 PM - 28 February, 2015
Quote:
if they made a serato box with digital out them i would totally buy that

I don't understand why they didn't do that years ago.

That and Rane mixers with a digital output. Seems like odd omissions that would add minimal cost.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:53 AM - 1 March, 2015
Quote:

I was spoiled by the TTM57. I was soo happy i did not have to connect an SL box. Then came the 62 and 64. I am hoping I will not need to buy an SL4 for my MP2015.
I'm willing to pay a small fee if Serato DJ and MP2015 will work together :)
raedonquan 2:13 AM - 1 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I was spoiled by the TTM57. I was soo happy i did not have to connect an SL box. Then came the 62 and 64. I am hoping I will not need to buy an SL4 for my MP2015.
I'm willing to pay a small fee if Serato DJ and MP2015 will work together :)

i have a 62, amx and an sz, i would like serato to support the mp2015 if it doesnt sl4 box it is.. its not a show stopper from me not getting it.... besides the mp wont be leaving the house at anytime...

the mp has 2 soundcards so i think it will happen depending on units sold and people requesting it so you future mp2015 owner's make a request that the club kit is also with the mp2015
Mr. Mac 8:21 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:

Whats wrong with this is that you're converting the signal from digital out of the laptop to analog within the SL2/3/4 only for it to be converted back to digital again within the MP2015 before the MP2015 coverts it back to analog yet gain before finally spitting it out to sound system. If the MP2015 supported Serato DJ the signal path would stay 100% digital the entire time all the way up to final output. Not to mention, all the extra cabling and headaches required (4-8 RCA) to use an external interface which is ridiculous IMO on on a $3.5K flagship mixer that already has a high-end dual-USB soundcard already built in. Additionally, I suspect many MP2015s will be installed in racks that will make accessing the rear RCA connections difficult or impossible in some applications, further making simple plug n' play to the USBs even more attractive. USB connections can be easily rerouted to an external port for easy hookup in those scenarios. RCA could to, but not nearly as simple or slick.
Code:E 8:33 PM - 2 March, 2015
wait what???? Why would the MP2015 input convert audio to digital just to convert it back to anolog immedantly? It doesnt work like that Mr. Mac
Mr. Mac 8:37 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
wait what???? Why would the MP2015 input convert audio to digital just to convert it back to anolog immedantly? It doesnt work like that Mr. Mac

Because the MP2015 is a DIGITAL mixer, at least that's my understanding. Someone please correct me if wrong.
Detroitbootybass 9:49 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
a $3.5K flagship mixer

$2600 to $2700

That is still a lot of money though. It sucks that Serato won't support it. But that means one could hook up an SL4 and use Scratch Live instead of the crappy Serato DJ.

And, you're correct, the MP2015 is a digital mixer.
Code:E 9:55 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Because the MP2015 is a DIGITAL mixer, at least that's my understanding. Someone please correct me if wrong.

So is the pioneer 800 but it doesn;t convert the analog ins to digital. Think the mixer part of the mixer is analog, So why convert it to digital do nothing with the sound then back to analog. The digital part is the USB sound card contained inside.
Joee 10:30 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
$2600

they can be found a few hundred cheaper
Mr. Mac 10:37 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So is the pioneer 800 but it doesn;t convert the analog ins to digital. Think the mixer part of the mixer is analog, So why convert it to digital do nothing with the sound then back to analog. The digital part is the USB sound card contained inside.

Sorry, not sure I'm following you Code:E. ANY digital mixer that has analog inputs must convert the incoming analog signal to digital and then back to analog again in order to output via XLR, TRS, RCA. Again, unless I'm grossly mistaken, if the MP2015 supported true plug n' play for Serato there wouldn't be any D-to-A, then A-to-D, then D-to-A again conversion necessary since the entire signal path from computer all the way up to final output of MP2015 would by digital.
DJ Dynamight 10:41 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

check this out: dj.rane.com
WarpNote 10:43 PM - 2 March, 2015
Although I'm not that familiar with the inside of the djm800/djm900, I think what Code:E is saying, is that the signal is only digital in the Pio if coming from the usb port, the digital ins or if beeing run through the mixers fx engine?
raedonquan 10:46 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
Although I'm not that familiar with the inside of the djm800/djm900, I think what Code:E is saying, is that the signal is only digital in the Pio if coming from the usb port, the digital ins or if beeing run through the mixers fx engine?

that how i believe it works...
Mr. Mac 10:47 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you. Was just trying to find that and repost. Here's the answer Code:E and explains why IMO Serato really should be supported by MP2015... even if we have to buck up some extra $$$ for Serato support IMO it's a no brainer from an audio quality/performance standpoint, but overall simplicity and convenience as well.
Mr. Mac 10:48 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
The entire mixer is digital. As soon as signal enters the mixer, it’s converted into digital using 32-bit floating point DSP and stay in the digital domain until it leaves the unit.
raedonquan 10:57 PM - 2 March, 2015
Just talk to a tech at rane yes its all digital.. from the moment an analog signal goes in it gets converted then analog out.
raedonquan 10:59 PM - 2 March, 2015
so to pair this bad boy with a nexus cdj with spdif
Mr. Mac 11:01 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
Just talk to a tech at rane yes its all digital.. from the moment an analog signal goes in it gets converted then analog out.

Precisely. And if/when MP2015 gets true plug n' play support of Serato the entire audio path stays 100% in the digital domain all the way from laptop to XLRs/TRSs/RCAs.
Code:E 12:14 AM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
the incoming analog signal to digital and then back to analog again in order to output via XLR,

Thats assuming the mixing is done in the digital relam. I would assume (I could be wrong) but souch a high quaitl mixer such as this would be using the best of the best in anolog parts.

Quote:

Well I stand corrected.

I never would imagine Rane would use digital mixing.

My desire to want to try this mixer out just dropped drasically.
Code:E 12:15 AM - 3 March, 2015
Well then everyone else is correct the Serato DJ mixer kit should add support for this mixer.
raedonquan 12:44 AM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Well then everyone else is correct the Serato DJ mixer kit should add support for this mixer.

agree

im still getting one... waiting on tax return
Mr. Mac 12:57 AM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:

My desire to want to try this mixer out just dropped drasically.

Interesting. Most DJs I've personally spoken with about the MP2015 have actually expresses a high desire to test drive it (self included) due in large part to it being 100% digital (and rotary of course). As someone who uses/has used analog rotary mixers for decades (Bozak, Urie, E&S, Rane, et al) I'm very familiar with "that sound" each one magically has, but I realize 32-bits is nothing to sneeze at and am fairly confident Rane hasn't decided to go and produce a "flagship" mixer, their most expensive one ever if the sound wasn't up to snuff because they certainly know what they're up against competition-wise, who the target customer is for the MP2015 and what those potential customers' standards are. A lot of us will be finding out very soon though :-)
raedonquan 1:02 AM - 3 March, 2015
not having heard the alpha recording systems mixer which was said to sound good on digital as well as analog... and the winner of MOS rotary mixer debate....

i would hope the 2015 comes close
DJMark 2:04 AM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:

They've been doing that since at least 2006 (TTM57SL).

Even leaving aside the USB interface to software, digital innards (if well-implemented of course) eliminates a lot of "analog" problems. The odd-order distortions caused by dirty/worn switches and pots in the analog domain is just one example.
DJMark 2:07 AM - 3 March, 2015
Quote:
Whats wrong with this is that you're converting the signal from digital out of the laptop to analog within the SL2/3/4 only for it to be converted back to digital again within the MP2015 before the MP2015 coverts it back to analog yet gain before finally spitting it out to sound system. If the MP2015 supported Serato DJ the signal path would stay 100% digital the entire time all the way up to final output. Not to mention, all the extra cabling and headaches required (4-8 RCA) to use an external interface which is ridiculous IMO on on a $3.5K flagship mixer that already has a high-end dual-USB soundcard already built in.

I agree with all of this, though the real-world signal degradations from using an SL box are likely to be very minimal (unless it's an SL-1).

It's really too bad this mixer will never natively support Scratch Live. That, to me, makes it tragic that it didn't come out a couple years ago.
Fendi_CA 9:38 PM - 12 March, 2015
2015 without timecode / software compatibility: a better DJR 400 with your favorite external sound card :) :) :)
I think that this choice will lead to less sales company
FF
runningoutofspace 4:59 AM - 13 March, 2015
Mine arrived yesterday. It's a shame it's not Serato ready. Anyway, I have the current Beta for my DB4/K2s and I wonder what is possible when you have a Xone: K2 connected to Serato (while the MP-2015 is also connected) (?).
raedonquan 6:56 AM - 13 March, 2015
from Facebook supporter rotary mixers

Laurin Joel Schafhausen with Kai Mosdzen and Ingmar Niestrath at event-corp.de

Shootout part 1
Next one with Urei and a Isonoe modded Bozak...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ok, lets start.
We used Vinyl (Technics with vintage Stanton D6800EL) and Wav Files via a CDJ 2000 NXS.
The Rodec and the Rane used the digital ins and the analog ins to compare both.
We checked constantly the spl level with a NTI XL2 to have the same levels on all mixers.

4 People listend and all of us came to the same conclusions.

To be honest we where disappointed with the A&H Xone 92.
With records and files it sounded unbalanced and lacked so much details that it sometimes sounded than an other track.To much bass (50Hz) the high hat was to loud and had not detail at all.
On the phono in it was even worse than with line level sources.
Not good...

The Rodec is very well balanced.
Nothing is to loud, the music is in the room not in the speakers and it feels like you could actually touch the music.

With records it lacked some detail compared to the Rane but has a deeper and more detailed bass (not louder) than the E&S.
The improvement when using the digital in is HUGHE!
The Rodec is just a very very good sounding Mixer.

The E&S DJR was a surprise.
With the CDJ it was on one level with the rodec. It has it own sound, not as, lets say modest as the Rodec but very well balanced.
But with records there was room for improvement.
The midrange was just fantastic, the bass lacked detail and sounded boomy but at the same time missed the lowest notes.
Hi frequencies where not as open sounding as with the Rane or Rodec.

The Rane.
Wow!
Where to start.
Every time when switching to the Rane it was like filling the room with sound. The detail on the high end is unreal (tempted to use "awesome" to describe it).
The sound with records is just so good that I can not wait to use it on a big system.
No digital harshness, nothing cold just pure sound and sooooo much details.
In this shootout without a doubt the winner.

Official Rane DJ you did an amazing job!

Oh and the statement of the E&S DJR 400 sums it up perfectly.
"With the Rodec and the E&S you have like 90 percent of the sound, but with the Rane you have 100 percent!"
raedonquan 6:57 AM - 13 March, 2015
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:41 PM - 16 March, 2015
Quote:

Yes.. the 800 has A/D and D/A converters just like every digital mixer out there (TTM57, 61, 68, 64, Pioneer 900, 62, etc).

Taken from Pioneer's website regarding the 800:

Quote:
High Quality Audio
The analog signal from the player passes through the shortest signal route, first digitized at 24bit/96kHz through a pro A/D converter where it reaches the digital mixing stage with the best sound possible. The mixing is carried out by 32bit DSP with minimal deterioration of sound quality. A highly rigid chassis minimizes unnecessary vibration, which could adversely affect sound quality. The mixer also incorporates a dual-shield structure for eliminating entry of digital noise and a high performance power supply for noise-free power.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:50 PM - 16 March, 2015
Here is part two of the mixer showdown done by Laurin Schafhausen and friends:

Quote:
Shootout part 2.
Rotary heaven...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Equipment used:
Technics 1210MKII with vintage Stanton D6800EL, Shure Whitelabel and Ortofon DJs
Pioneer CDJ 2000NXS with wave files
RME ADI-2 as external D/A converter for the CDJ
Bozak CMA 10-2DL
Urei 1620
Rane MP2015
NTI XL2 to check levels

Listend to countless records and files from early Proto Disco to House tracks that are not even released. And used my trusty soundcheck tracks that are ranging from classic Rock to Jazz and obscure bass heavy Dub Reggae.

Urei 1620.
Turned the volume up the first time and had to smile.
That mixer has something in the sound that makes me happy.
The phono sound is amazing, it has a little bump at around 80 to 90Hz and again a little rise at around 8KHz but it is integrated very well and made the mixer sound even at low levels very "cluby".
Line sound is fantastic. Balanced with a very good stereo image.
That way a mixer should sound.

Bozak CMA 10-2DL.
Like the Urei but with more coloration in the sound.
Stereo image was a little bit wider and overall it added more sub (100 to 70Hz region) and less trebel to the sound. But like the Urei this coloration does not sound wrong, not at all.
Fun fact, the Bozak changed his sound after it got warmed up, a lot of gear does this but with the Bozak it was really audible.

Rane MP 2015.
Again I am surprised.
Line sound of all three are the same and not easy to say which mixer is running when blindfolded.
The Rane has a wider stereo image and a very clean, not cold, sound. The Urei is between the Bozak and the Rane. But the difference is a thing of taste and not of sound quality.
The phono sound is, again, amazing. The difference is bigger with phono, the Rane gives you the feeling that it reproduced the sound like it sounded in the studio. And because it has no bump in the bass, the bass sounds a bit deeper. Both the Urei and the Bozak add something in a very charming way.
But again alle detail where there and it is only a matter of taste which one you prefer.

One interesting thing happened when listening to Ed Sheeran's "I See Fire".
The Urei made this track sound so much better.
We only had that with that track and no other mixer has a track that stood out.

I bet that a lot of you guys have questions about how is the summing on the 2015, what is the feeling of the pots compared to a Urei and how is the sound of all this mixers on a big sound system.
Well. Stay tuned.
DJMark 9:02 PM - 16 March, 2015
Hi Zach.

I will buy one the very *second* that compatibility with Scratch Live is included.

Make it happen captain.
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:35 PM - 16 March, 2015
By Scratch Live I'm assuming you mean SDJ?

Serato won't be updating SSL again.

My guess is the MP2015 will work with SDJ in the not so distant future but I'm not the one making the call. We'll have to wait and see.
DJMark 1:27 AM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
By Scratch Live I'm assuming you mean SDJ?

No, I most definitely meant Scratch Live.

Quote:
Serato won't be updating SSL again.

They would be well-advised to reconsider that position, for reasons that I and others have already discussed in great detail.

I'd be happy to pay for software updates.
dj_soo 10:23 AM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
They would be well-advised to reconsider that position, for reasons that I and others have already discussed in great detail.

it's not going to happen.
Gio Alex 2:27 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:

Exactly. Just accept it at this point.
Joee 3:50 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly. Just accept it at this point.

& just keep using SSL,, just cause they stopped supporting it doesn't mean you can't continue to use it

i'm one of the people that has never EVER had one single problem with SDJ
Mr. Mac 4:32 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:

I will buy one the very *second* that compatibility with Scratch Live is included.

LOTS of people holding out on the MP2015 until if/when it gets SDJ support.
dj_soo 5:27 PM - 17 March, 2015
Could easily just connect an sl4 and play with scratchlive on this mixer
Mr. Mac 5:32 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
Could easily just connect an sl4 and play with scratchlive on this mixer

Of course, but as already covered numerous times in this thread and others, that would mean...

Quote:
Quote:

Whats wrong with this is that you're converting the signal from digital out of the laptop to analog within the SL2/3/4 only for it to be converted back to digital again within the MP2015 before the MP2015 coverts it back to analog yet gain before finally spitting it out to sound system. If the MP2015 supported Serato DJ the signal path would stay 100% digital the entire time all the way up to final output. Not to mention, all the extra cabling and headaches required (4-8 RCA) to use an external interface which is ridiculous IMO on on a $3.5K flagship mixer that already has a high-end dual-USB soundcard already built in. Additionally, I suspect many MP2015s will be installed in racks that will make accessing the rear RCA connections difficult or impossible in some applications, further making simple plug n' play to the USBs even more attractive. USB connections can be easily rerouted to an external port for easy hookup in those scenarios. RCA could to, but not nearly as simple or slick.
Mr. Mac 5:34 PM - 17 March, 2015
Or.... if insisting on sticking with SSL, which of course has been discontinued for quite some time now and no longer supported, then yeah.
runningoutofspace 8:36 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think that this motivates Serato and Rane to get it done. I also don't think people should hold out on getting the mixer because it's not this or that. The more people that actually have the mixer the more people who can advocate for Serato use. I for one would love to have it on my MP-2015. I hooked up my DB4 last week with the Beta and can't dare to touch Serato right now because my interests are in the corner of my studio where I have all those new vinyls I want to play on this thing. But, if I had Serato on this mixer, I'd definitely be working in the digital tracks with the physical copies. I'd also love to have FX readily available on the mixer's sound card rather than contemplating what I will get for the Delay & Send returns....

It would be great to have this sooner than later and to not make a scene about it. People believe that this company and that company have fallen out but the users simply want support. It's like a bad divorce and really, users want Serato to behave like a Polygamist....yet, all the drama and hype makes it sound like we want Serato to be a Porn Star and take every big...up it's....to satisfy some strange group of people no one in the real world can identify with.

Sorry, extreme analogy. I just want support.
DJMark 9:44 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
The more people that actually have the mixer the more people who can advocate for Serato use.

So you're suggesting that people spend $2500 and just hope? (Or "advocate"?).

Uhh, no, that's not the way things work for me. First the product does what I want it to do, ****then**** I spend the money on it.

I'm not running a charity operation, or funding a kickstarter/e-begging campaign.

The slightly irritating thing is that, when Rane first started their own user forum in 2013, I posted a poll to the effect of "would people want a rotary mixer with Scratch Live connectivity built in". it got quite a lot of affirmative responses, especially considering the low traffic that forum gets.

dj.rane.com
djsmuve415 9:56 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
So you're suggesting that people spend $2500 and just hope?

this.
Quote:

you know theres some Rane heads in here secretly watching this thread & others I'm sure, getting annoyed and slightly worried that they're most likely losing sales of their expensive ass flagship mixer because of the lack of instant out-of-the-box capability of working with SDJ.
Gio Alex 10:00 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
I don't think that this motivates Serato and Rane to get it done. I also don't think people should hold out on getting the mixer because it's not this or that.

This!

Quote:
So you're suggesting that people spend $2500 and just hope? (Or "advocate"?).

I dunno, I mean it's great mixer weather it can be used with serato without an interface. Plus, I'm sure you already own a box. If this is for home use only than I don't see the real need to have to have Serato capabilities with an interface. I agree that it's silly that you have to even do that considering the two companies' relationship, but It doesn't make it less of a reason to buy it. I dunno just my opinion.
DJMark 10:06 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
you know theres some Rane heads in here secretly watching this thread & others I'm sure, getting annoyed and slightly worried that they're most likely losing sales of their expensive ass flagship mixer because of the lack of instant out-of-the-box capability of working with Scratch Live.

I really don't care about anyone's "never gonna happen" opinions: the simple fact is that a very large number of pro DJ's aren't budging from Scratch Live, and "flagship mixers" that don't support Scratch Live is no doubt costing Rane some sales.

The MP2015 not even supporting Serato DJ is just plain ridiculous, a "what the hell were they thinking" scenario.
nickyb2k189 10:10 PM - 17 March, 2015
The MP2015 not even supporting Serato DJ is just plain ridiculous, a "what the hell were they thinking" scenario.

They are simply just building the hype. It's called marketing. We will get it soon.

I've seen alot of big dj's screens lately and they are rocking SDJ. Scratch Live is done and its clearly been stated that it won't be updated.
djsmuve415 10:35 PM - 17 March, 2015
Quote:
They are simply just building the hype. It's called marketing. We will get it soon.

No,,, its called bad business. every day that its not compatible (and dudes are coming on threads especially, commenting on the fact that they wouldn't get one for that fact alone) is a day that some punter who has over 2 grand burning a hole in his pocket at that very moment to dump on a mixer - considers buying something else. Maybe a Allen & Heath, or a Pio, regardless if they were looking for a rotary or not.
nickyb2k189 10:39 PM - 17 March, 2015
Just watch. As soon as they announce it sales will skyrocket because THERE IS NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT right now. People want it but not enough at the price point for something that doesn't work with their dj style.
DJ DisGrace 1:57 AM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Scratch Live is done

Works fine for me.

I can even mix, wait for it.... videos using vinyl turntables! And it works awesome! I can also use this touch pad device thing to control effects and samples and loops.

It's really hard to believe that people still pay me to perform using this this outdated, unsupported, obsolete software!
Detroitbootybass 2:59 PM - 18 March, 2015
I'm still using Scratch Live too.

I'm totally with Mark on this one...
eugguy 4:50 PM - 18 March, 2015
Out of curiosity...does anyone know if the flex-fx/submix work post-fader? If I wanted to apply an echo or delay would I get it to work post-fx? Thanks!
Gio Alex 4:57 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Out of curiosity...does anyone know if the flex-fx/submix work post-fader? If I wanted to apply an echo or delay would I get it to work post-fx? Thanks!

Ean did a full review of the mixer. You should check it out.
www.djtechtools.com
runningoutofspace 6:44 PM - 18 March, 2015
Okay, like others who track this discussion I get updates when this forum gets new comments but I have to say that this current focus of the discussion is going off-target into negative land. The comments here that are in favor of Serato considering support are valid. However, the comments that became a small sparky chant demanding support or trumping up emotions as to why you won't buy the mixer are just plain negative chatter. This is similar to the one on the Native Instruments Traktor forum asking for the DB4 Scratch Certification that Traktor users and DB4 owners started many years ago. However, it's not the same....we live in a time where Serato's development and path has intrigued long-standing Traktor users who no longer think it is crazy to ditch Traktor in favor of a supported mixer.

Let's be real here, the MP-2015 is Rane's product. Rane has a had a long-standing relationship with Serato and if anyone can get it done, it'd not shock anyone if they actually supported the mixer in the long term. The MP-2015 is and has to be a mixer that can fit into any set-up used by a user who can use rotary dials. If it came out as a Serato mixer vice a mixer that gets Serato support, wouldn't that limit the mixer for those who wanted to use it with Traktor. We can't shout out loud of things such as support for this mixer in an extreme way.

The Serato users exist here rightly so because it is a Serato forum but the MP-2015 owners/potential owners aren't all Serato users so don't get it confused. I can say only for myself that I'm an MP-2015 mixer owner, who also owned an original MP-2016/XP-2016 combo before I owned any DVS and still, I'm not going to be mad at Rane or Serato for the mixer coming out as just a mixer without any proprietary DVS attachments.

Saying you're holding off until it gets support, or even confusing my comment as a suggestion that you should go and spend $2500 and hope for it is plainly senseless nonsense aimed at sparking an off-topic argument.

The sensible approach to this current issue is to continue to positively show interest in this mixer. Consider what you can do with your current set-up and what you can do if this mixer replaces your current mixer. If you need DVS and Serato is all that you can use, don't get mad at the current situation where the mixer presents itself as it is, the way it is, and your needs keep you from buying something you can't use. If you have physical mediums, decks, hardware, and vinyls or even another form of performance software that would make sense in using the mixer, you can play on with the mixer until/if we get support.

In the current timeframe, any USB-Audio capable mixer can be integrated into a HID-based Traktor Pro 2 set-up because NI allowed HID support to Pioneer's CDJs which work with their software and that allows you to use any multichannel USB-Audio mixer but...... be sensible about this: If you don't own a pair of HID-capable CDJs NI doesn't want you to start a war in their forums because you have to spend another $4000 for Pioneer's CD decks.... just to use their software with your unsupported mixer.

Be kind people.

If you want to get in on the MP-2015 action, you probably already have the mediums and skill set to work around this issue. If you don't have the Serato support but have the mixer, don't yell about it...find a work around but, if Serato is all you that you have to work with, it's okay to hold-off on buying the mixer....it currently isn't something you can use so don't bitch about it, politely and positively ask for support. Alternatively, in the current situation, if you really want this mixer and are willing to find a way to make it work (an already owned SL box), you just have to be realistic. I used an Audio-8 DJ for TP2 with my DB4 for about a year and then, I gave up...started using my vinyls again, found an unsupported way to use the mixer then...interest then peaked and I returned to vinyls. I then found myself on the tip that Serato would support the DB4 and it's in Serato Beta now but...I've moved onto the MP-2015, continuing on with the vinyls I can use. The digital files can only be used with CDJs that I don't have but, it doesn't stop me from trying to chime in here positively in support of official consideration by Serato....that's it, we ask for consideration by Serato and hope Rane is seeking support as well.
Joee 6:48 PM - 18 March, 2015
everyone needs to read this!

Quote:

I've seen alot of big dj's screens lately and they are rocking SDJ. Scratch Live is done and its clearly been stated that it won't be updated.
Mr. Goodkat 6:55 PM - 18 March, 2015
it really begs to the question, why not make an affordable mixer with no soundcards or maybe 2 channels. 2 soundcards and no native support for anything? this is a head scratcher and a ball scratcher, i wish i had 4 hands.
Gio Alex 6:59 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
it really begs to the question, why not make an affordable mixer with no soundcards or maybe 2 channels. 2 soundcards and no native support for anything? this is a head scratcher and a ball scratcher, i wish i had 4 hands.

Well, in all fairness the soundcards are to be used like a recording or production interface. i.e. Ableton, Logic.
Mr. Mac 8:38 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:

dj.rane.com
Joee 9:16 PM - 18 March, 2015
^ nice mock up
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:44 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

dj.rane.com

I'd buy it! lol
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:47 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Also.. although don’t quote me.. I’m pretty sure the MP2015 will be added to Serato’s club kit.l

hmmmmmm
runningoutofspace 10:04 PM - 18 March, 2015
www.trms.com

Quote:
1. The MP2015 not even supporting Serato DJ is just plain ridiculous, a "what the hell were they thinking" scenario.

1. The "MP-2015 not even supporting Serato DJ" doesn't even make sense. The MP-2015 is the mixer...Rane is the company that makes it and Serato is the company that decides on what gets Serato support. No company can make a product and declare support so think about what you said.

Quote:
2. They are simply just building the hype. It's called marketing. We will get it soon

2. "The hype" C'Mon man, that was mostly what happened at the tradeshow. The videos, demos, reviews, published announcements...that is normal. If Rane didn't fully do what they said as in who they consulted and considered opinions from during the development, then that is hype..but, C'Mon you're talking nonsense in a Serato (DJ SOFTWARE) forum about mixer hype.

Quote:
3. I've seen alot of big dj's screens lately and they are rocking SDJ. Scratch Live is done and its clearly been stated that it won't be updated.

So, let me get this right: "Big" DJs are using Serato DJ and for that reason, Serato is right / wrong for leaving Scratch Live support?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:30 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
I'm not running a charity operation, or funding a kickstarter/e-begging campaign.

^^^^This might be the quote of the year....^^^^

But in light of this here ->

Quote:
the simple fact is that a very large number of pro DJ's aren't budging from Scratch Live,

and this
Quote:
It's really hard to believe that people still pay me to perform using this this outdated, unsupported, obsolete software!

Does that mean that it's now OK for me to still be on 1.9.2?

Just sayin....
DJ dVO 1:41 PM - 20 March, 2015
The mentality of thinking that people pay you to use old technology is rotten. They pay you for your skills and entertainment value you bring. You could fart and burp all night long as your "equipment of choice" so long the end result is music to please the crowd. Equipment, software are all personal preference.
DJ DisGrace 2:08 PM - 20 March, 2015
I think you mean:
Quote:
The mentality of thinking that people pay you to use new technology is rotten. They pay you for your skills and entertainment value you bring. You could fart and burp all night long as your "equipment of choice" so long the end result is music to please the crowd. Equipment, software are all personal preference.
raedonquan 3:22 PM - 20 March, 2015
Quote:

Does that mean that it's now OK for me to still be on 1.9.2?

Just sayin....

get it right 1.6 on a win98 machine.. no need for new tech
eugguy 10:55 PM - 25 March, 2015
Just got the MP 2015. Nice unit so far...still messing around with it here and there.

However, one huge question, if anyone can answer...

When using the isolator on the Mp 2015, does it only work out of the Main Mix? Speakers?

This means that you cannot hear any changes to the isolator when using headphones? Kind of a bummer since I do alot of headphone mixing.

Shaun, Zach, Samuel? Any input on this?
raedonquan 2:21 AM - 26 March, 2015
the iso is for output only...

the 3 band eq you can use to mix with in the head phones..

that how i use the older rotary
should be the same

unless you use the sub channel... well im waiting on mine
eugguy 6:47 AM - 26 March, 2015
Yeah. I figured the Rane 2015 might be able to control the isolators Pre. would be cool if there was some type of firmware update that could make this happen. Although I'm sure its set in the hardware of the mixer.

I don't think the sub channel has anything to do with the affect of the isolators in terms of output only.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:38 PM - 26 March, 2015
Hey eugguy,

I replied to your post in the Rane forum but I'll add it here too.

Yes.. unfortunately the ISO can’t currently be heard in the headphones.
Originally it could but the problem we ran into is a phasing issue when the headphone level was at dead center. The phasing occurred because of all the summing stages.
A workaround that we hope to implement is the ability to hear the ISO in the headphones when using Split Cue mode. Shaun and I will both be working to get this working. Hopefully we’ll see it in a firmware update in the near future.
Taipanic 2:25 PM - 27 March, 2015
Quote:
Hey eugguy,

Originally it could but the problem we ran into is a phasing issue when the headphone level was at dead center. The phasing occurred because of all the summing stages.
A workaround that we hope to implement is the ability to hear the ISO in the headphones when using Split Cue mode. Shaun and I will both be working to get this working. Hopefully we’ll see it in a firmware update in the near future.

Awesome! I'm will be jumping on this mixer once I can also use Serato on it as well.
eugguy 3:26 PM - 27 March, 2015
You could use SSL obviously. I wouldn't wait for the Club Kit/SDJ to work with it. It is worth picking up right now IMHO. Yes. That good. Buy from Kevin @ AGIPRODJ. Great guy, great price.

I was let down that the ISO didn't work in the Headphone Out. However, it may still be able to be done with future updates. Otherwise, the 2015 truly kicks ass.
Taipanic 4:49 PM - 27 March, 2015
Quote:
You could use SSL obviously. I wouldn't wait for the Club Kit/SDJ to work with it. It is worth picking up right now IMHO. Yes. That good. Buy from Kevin @ AGIPRODJ. Great guy, great price.

I agree, I'm already sold but I will probably liquidate my current mixer and SL3 to offset the cost so I'd prefer it to be working with Serato. It will mostly be living in my studio playing vinyl but I'd like to have it available as a backup if needed.
eugguy 5:01 PM - 27 March, 2015
There you go then. Even better if you want to just play vinyl through this.
eugguy 2:29 AM - 29 March, 2015
The MP 2015 is playing nice with her new friends.

[URL=s897.photobucket.com][IMG]i897.photobucket.com[/IMG][/URL]

Detroitbootybass 3:20 PM - 29 March, 2015
Very nice, eugguy!

I like seeing the MP2015 in the wild!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:16 PM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
The MP 2015 is playing nice with her new friends.

Congrats!
eugguy 9:56 PM - 30 March, 2015
Thanks my friend. I love it. The best mixer I've worked with, hands down.
runningoutofspace 9:23 AM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
Hey eugguy,

That's fine, in common use it is the Master that gets the Iso treatment. Considering the Filters on here are purely Top Class, no worries!

On another note, I noticed in the manual it specifically talks about Traktor and Maschine. I think we need to know if there is a possibility that this mixer will never get Serato consideration. Considering the way NI doesn't make their Scratch Certification process as transparent as it should be, people might be a little upset if they had to buy HID-capable CDJs or controllers just to have digital decks in a DVS.

Another thing is sample rate limits in Serato, the MP-2015 can handle higher sample rates, I wonder if Serato will go beyond 48 kHz? The average listener won't hear the difference but...some people have masters at higher sample rates.
WarpNote 9:38 AM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
I wonder if Serato will go beyond 48 kHz?
SDJ (and SSL) can handle 96kHz.
Rane SL4, Pioneer DJM-900 SRT & Akai AMX are some examples...
runningoutofspace 5:02 PM - 31 March, 2015
But does the software limit it?

I remember reading 48kHz back in the early days...now I can't find it but IMHO, it doesn't matter all that much since 16-24bit 44.1kHz is a solid Red Book standard.
runningoutofspace 5:34 PM - 31 March, 2015
Anyway, there's alot going on right now in terms of good music being releases in all of the formats. To me, this mixer fits a certain kind of DJ style but I could easily see any situation where it fits. I guess it's time to put up or shut up so...lets start publishing those MP-2015 mix links sooner than later. It wouldn't be great if yoy don't start expressing yourself through it.

And man!, the individual channel filters on here are unreal. I have to say, I have the DB4 and when I got, I was still trying out MIDI control over loop/cue points and I made only two artificial mixes with it that I'm ashamed to say were too good and drawn-out. I returned to vinyls and after getting this mixer, at first I was like 'one Res?' but seriously, most of us only have two hands and effectively with these filters applied on one, two, or submixed group..you don't need more than what you can handle. You can instantly feel the audio points where you can inch out ride a blend on two tracks like 4ever so it's really good. If you had a digital deck or DVS turntable set-up, it might be fun to add controllers...so I guess, you end up at the same point where you need things you won't always have. I'll try to stick with vinyl whike this gets discussed. If it takes too long, I may look into firing up that old DVS I have in here and may'be seeing how I can incorporate it into my set-up. These delays just keep you back so I've gotta go with what works now.
runningoutofspace 5:37 PM - 31 March, 2015
Damn it...excuse me please..never type while wine is good..taking over my English and grammar.
WarpNote 7:36 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
But does the software limit it?
No.
Rebelguy 9:20 PM - 31 March, 2015
So how does the DB4 stand up against the 2015?
runningoutofspace 7:51 PM - 6 April, 2015
Quote:

Different mixers, different animals.... atleast I do have a history of being an original Rane's MP-2016 owner who developed his Ear and playing style on it....but this was before I got into Digital mixers (for DVS, looping, and FX) and even then, I was using a rotary DJM-800... only stopped using rotary mixers when I bought a DJM-2000 in October 2010 (short lived) before ditching it for a DB4 in January 2011. I will say that even though you can change the DB4 to flip the volume controls onto the Rotary Dry/Wet, that never felt right to me.

DB's are also getting Serato support so I was tempted to stay, yet, I'm glad I had this opportunity to go back to rotary through this new mixer. Both are great mixers and the MP-2015 is more of a personal mixer than a installation type...it lends itself to my dreamlike playing desires and the DB4 simply is solid but changes my style of mixing. MAGIC Moments imagined.
runningoutofspace 2:18 PM - 13 April, 2015
I know this is a question for the Rane guys but, okay...here's a question:
If you have this mixer, what would you use for your FX loop?

I ask this because… barring an easy software solution, I think most hardware options might be expensive and complicated –vs- software.

Over the weekend, I did an external FX test...setting-up my DB4 to be the external processor. It was an excessive waste of that mixer's full capability (and purpose) but not too complicated. Ultimately it was just a test but I desire something simpler.
If there is no software solution… using the DB4 as my FX processor IS NOT my plan! I am considering buying only one DELAY and one REVERB processor from the usual manufacturers (Strymon, TC Electronic, Roland, etc.)...but most of these involve something overly complicated and expensive if need/want stereo S/R in a chain... that just isn't ideal –vs- a software solution.

However, using the DB4 did teach me that I desire more control/manipulation over the actual FX than an external unit can provide. I don’t use a lot of FX beyond the two mentioned above….but I am interested in figuring out if there is a way to set-up/control a software S/R FX loop with (X) program using:

- Live inputs such as my turntables (?)

That is ideal...I know you can do this in Ableton (and possibly Traktor) because the guys using Xone:92s have been doing this forever, but I've never seen it on the same mixer and really can't think it through at this at the moment.

Ideally, Ableton is it... but I need advice if you've got it.

Also, I burnt some vinyls to digital and the MP-2015's sound card beat the DB4 on playback after recording 1 vinyls into Wavelab 8. I can't talk facts but my ears told me that it was clearer - also louder and warmer.

And for Rebelguy,...the individual channel Filters on the MP-2015 in L-H Band freq absolutely cut way better than the DB4's EQ in ISO mode can....I say this because on the DB4 you have the option to use the ISO setting vs EQ and the Filters on the side but having the Filters and EQ on the channels BEFORE an Isolator on the Master, makes all the difference....
eugguy 6:32 PM - 13 April, 2015
Rmx 1000 works great with the 2015.
runningoutofspace 7:29 PM - 13 April, 2015
eugguy....(everyone)... I've found two pretty standard stereo pedals from Boss that will do the trick:

Boss RV-5 Stereo Reverb and...
Boss DD-7 Stereo Delay...

Again, both are pretty standard stereo VRB & DLY fx that give good results.

and HEY! Thanks to Ean Golden at DJTechTools, there's this really good demo video out there on this very subject:
Watchwww.youtube.com

And this guy's video specifically on the delay:
Watchwww.youtube.com

I hope this is good info.

I'm still looking into the internal software S/R possibility and Strymon and...a few other manufacturers....
Mr. Goodkat 7:37 PM - 13 April, 2015
seems like the audio quality of pedals would be an issue with a mixer of this sound quality?
AKIEM 7:51 PM - 13 April, 2015
Quote:
seems like the audio quality of pedals would be an issue with a mixer of this sound quality?

Thought about that, but for crazy effects.... probably won't matter...

I haven't tried myself but I've seen a couple DJs use peddles, seemed to work fine.
runningoutofspace 7:55 PM - 13 April, 2015
The digital pedals are best at what they do...I think the light FX treatment can't hurt that much.
Gio Alex 7:57 PM - 13 April, 2015
I usually use the RMX-1000 for effects with mixers but I'm bummed they didn't put a foot switch on it like the did with the EFX-1000 or 500
runningoutofspace 9:06 PM - 13 April, 2015
TBH + IMHO I won't use the Pioneer FX units. I stayed far away from that for years so there's no way I'm going to consider using it with this mixer. I, personally, don't like too many effects so a little delay here, verb there...it'll be enough for me..but that is my personal stance. Until something comes along that makes sense to me, I can't think beyond that given the fact that on the DB4, the only thing I ever did beyond using VRB & DELAY was Looping for extension or Filter to add a bit more to one of the two but never in combination.

Just saying.

I'm willing to say that the FX unit you mentioned is good for some people and can be used any situation such as this but....

It would be nice to use something as simple that sounds great with this mixer so at least we have an idea now of what can be used outside of an internal DVS/Performance software's FX option.
Mr. Goodkat 10:57 PM - 13 April, 2015
seems like this point you could find a really nice rack mount efx unit for cheap.
eugguy 3:25 AM - 14 April, 2015
Yeah, lots of viable options out there. I prefer the rmx1000 with the 2015. I am not one of those to add effects into everything, but if used in the correct manner/timing effects make a world of difference in building up and transforming a mix. I still feel like it is overkill to even have a rmx1000 for what I really need...but who says I need less options. There are lots of possibilities with the unit if you know how to customize it. I just recently got around to changing some of the parameters the way I like. All I have to say is that I can't think of a better situation for effects. Plus, I still have my X1 hooked up to SSL effects via midi. I am too content with how much control I have over my mixing/setup.
runningoutofspace 9:03 PM - 14 April, 2015
Today I got those Boss DD-7 & RV-5 pedals and believe the results sounds great as the S/R FX chain for just vinyl and my TTs but my mind wants to think bigger now seeing that the sound card and signal routing possibilities could be much greater with a DJ software.

If you've seen my posts in the Native Instruments forum about the DB4 during the Scratch Certification stalemate, nothing has changed. With this mixer, I still desire a digital deck solution and my first choice is DVS but currently the only non-controller way involves me shelling out $3998 just to have some Pioneer HID-capable turntables for Traktor.

Once you start going down that road you start to re-evaluate everything and wonder why the all-controller couldn't work for you. I don't think we are there yet as a community and it's nice getting new vinyl releases so recognizing that:

1) There's currently no Professional level DVS support for this mixer

2) HID makes CDJs an overpriced controller,

3) I've got a monstrous and seemingly uninitiated back-log vinyls I'd like to burn for the day I no longer need turntables at gigs

I'm stuck on this set-up to keep up with what needs to be done.

Using the sound card for something like playing back Ableton clips isn't ideal for me since I still desire to play finished tracks with the vinyl-only releases before I have to dig into the digital open-market tracks. If I look around, the easiest way to do this is to use my installed copy of Traktor but I don't like using controllers. I know this is bad to talk about this in the Serato forum but it's only realistic that I'm faced with a decision. As much as I don't like controllers, there's currently no DVS option for the mixer so I'm staying clear of it all. I decided to hook-up my Octatrack and shift my own stuff back to this little box as my way to navigate these issues.

All the news this week is 1.7.4's release happening finally, but currently, I feel it's time to start exiting this forum. Thanks Serato. I hope to be back here when and if good news arrives.
runningoutofspace 4:24 AM - 22 April, 2015
@Rebelguy
Quote:

The sound card on here is amazing. I had DB4 set-up to be the sound card for Ableton but I quickly reconsidered once I heard how direct playback on the MP-2015 beats that. I was recording some stuff in Wavelab and went to playback the recording over the Aux USB (channels 9 &10) and the raw recording..normalized to -12db almost killed my playback system. It was an 'ouch' moment. My Genelecs are good but I felt like I was standing in front of Funktion Ones and this was just a raw recording of stuff that had passed through DB4 first before going to MP-2015.
The second and final deciding factor was me trying to fix an issue of phasing in my MPC Renaissance as a plug-in in Ableton live. So, I opened the program in standalone and chose the MP-2015 as the program. Once opened, and playing back...I couldn't even get the Session in level above the '2' position without the sound causing me to feel it in my chest, the ground, the room..everything.
If I had a choice as to which sound card I'd use to record and playback on...it's going to be the MP-2015....sounds just as good the Prism Sound interfaces I use in paid studio session.

I can see how a person with just controllers and fully-mastered digital tracks would want to use this mixer....but another thing is that I'm playing back at 24-bit/44.1kHz...even a raw vinyl rip at this sample rate sounds 'AS REAL' in this mixer...and no beef with the DB4 but the playback doesn't get taken down/peak in this mixer.
runningoutofspace 4:31 AM - 22 April, 2015
FYI, the stuff that was passing through DB4 on the other three channels was: a Prophet 12 Module, a Nordlead 4 Rack, and DSI Tempest...I do my best to work the sounds into the mixer to not phase cancel each other but the software stuff (Ableton Live and MPC Renaissance) don't work as well because they share the same channel and they require so much more full-mixer treatment and separation, I have to get the big mixer & cabling back up and running. A DJ mixer with FX isn't enough...busted test. The Prophet program sounds, alone, are fighting for more space.
DJ Irv 9:27 PM - 23 April, 2015
And just like that Traktor 2.8 added support for the 2015. Damn, whoddathunkit?
eugguy 9:40 PM - 23 April, 2015
I may have to give that a shot...
DJ Irv 9:46 PM - 23 April, 2015
Quote:
I may have to give that a shot...

I can't see why you wouldn't if you own a Traktor License already. I wonder how Traktor will handle the 2 usb ports.
Mr. Goodkat 10:18 PM - 23 April, 2015
traktor is gonna sound good on the 2015. always thought it was a little sweeter than ssl or sdj.
DJ Irv 11:00 PM - 23 April, 2015
I think Traktor is better suited for house music which is what the MP2015 screams. Now if we can get SDJ working with the Z2 I'd be a happy man.
Mr. Mac 4:05 AM - 24 April, 2015
Quote:
I think Traktor is better suited for house music...

Outta curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, why's that?
eugguy 5:47 AM - 24 April, 2015
I've actually used traktor numerous times. Not really impressed. I still appreciate and stand with Serato, SSL in particular. Traktor has too much to F with on screen when mixing. I leave that to hardware, and even so keep it minimal on that end. For house music and straight up mixing, Serato is where it's at, at least for me. If I were more of a button smashing, effect whore I'd probably work with traktor.
Mr. Goodkat 9:04 AM - 24 April, 2015
the gui is easily customized and craze and klever(im sure they endorse it, but they do use it) are two turntablist(among others) that use it.

just a different system.
runningoutofspace 1:58 PM - 24 April, 2015
Oh snap! Official Traktor support changes things for me. I don't know if I will get all warm and cozy up to them because I'm like a bad-EX to them but if it's all there...instantly recognized support...I'm happy with it.
DJ Irv 2:09 PM - 24 April, 2015
Quote:
Outta curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, why's that?

And of course this only my opinion but, Traktor's very rigid beatgrid works well with house because it almost rarely fluctuate in tempo.
Traktor lets you map multiple MIDI functions to one button or knob for build effect etc.
Traktor just sounds better although you can argue it's due to coloring but, better sound to me is just better sound and I don't care why it sound better only that it does. If I was DJ'ing house music on a Funktion One and I have I would rather be using MP2015 with Traktor just to get the most out of it.

Now before you guys get all upset these are just opinions.
DJ dVO 2:15 PM - 24 April, 2015
Still waiting out for SDJ support......so I hope!
DJ Irv 2:19 PM - 24 April, 2015
Quote:
Still waiting out for SDJ support......so I hope!

By all means and I'm sure it's in the works but it's looking like you might be paying that $169 for the Club Kit if you haven't done so already.
runningoutofspace 2:26 PM - 24 April, 2015
I could kick myself because I wouldn't have known this info outside this forum. Due to my bad mood towards NI after the DB4 stalemate, I rarely look at their update info. But that changed when I read this here and looked into the info about 2.8

"1.11. Rane MP2015 Scratch Certification

The Rane MP2015 rotary mixer is now Scratch Certified and can be used as an audio interface for TRAKTOR PRO in conjunction with Timecode vinyl and/or CDs."

I have hypocrite type guilt but a big sigh of relief too. C'Mon Serato lets get it done. I'm off now Mates...time to find those timecode disks.
DJ Irv 2:41 PM - 24 April, 2015
Quote:
C'Mon Serato lets get it done. I'm off now Mates...time to find those timecode disks.

This most likely has more to do with money more than anything else. There's a Serato tax on (as there should be) with Serato Ready mixers. Looks like Serato and Rane for whatever reason couldn't work this out during the development phase of the MP2015 and left the door wide open for other DVS's.
woody008 2:45 PM - 24 April, 2015
Does anyone have a link for the Traktor 2.8 update?
runningoutofspace 3:41 PM - 24 April, 2015
Quote:
Does anyone have a link for the Traktor 2.8 update?

Like normal, 2.8 will become available in the NI Service Center program (when released)....but I think we're ruffling the feathers of Serato now...the Pink Elephant in the room is...obviously, Rane and NI have worked out a deal. Knowing how hard it was for A&H to get an honest answer from NI about their DB mixers...I used to think only Pioneer was a double agent...on another point of view, may'be Rane's new MP mixer was announced with Traktor as a pitch...the sales came, Pros are adopting, it sounds and is amazing...the real deal...viewed as an advantage to NI since most of us know it appeals to people as well. I used to think they (Rane and Serato) would never deal outside each other's previous partnership but it's this mixer and the quick moves of these two companies that are a not as we expected but a good reason for others (hint) to catch-up quick or put the info out that says "not planned/in negotiation"...just saying. I'm happy now. I can't even justify the Serato discs and pack I have.
runningoutofspace 3:45 PM - 24 April, 2015
And I got the good ones too..pastels, neons, black snow....simply wasted.

Traktor needs designer disc series like Serato!
Mr. Mac 3:46 PM - 24 April, 2015
Lots of people around here (seasoned pros who use SSL/SDJ) talking about looking to possibly move to Traktor based solely on MP2015 support. The software side is so similar these days, and supported hardware is driving decisions.
MPC O.G. 5:24 PM - 24 April, 2015
The 2015 and 2 D2's is a crazy combination. Ask Ean Golden.......
MPC O.G. 5:40 PM - 24 April, 2015
NOW since Rane FINALLY fought back against the Pioneer assault. I wonder how long it will be before there's an NI version of "Club Kit" for the SSL/SDJ mixers? MORE FUN FOR US. Imagine You use SSL, your friend uses SDJ, another DJ that plays with you uses TSP. If they can get it to a point where you can hotswap between all 3 with no issues, it will be the greatest thing ever. Just MY opinion.
runningoutofspace 7:07 PM - 24 April, 2015
But uh... the bag of good idea fairy dust sprinkles is getting full...last week we were all wishing for Serato to consider....Now NI is to release Scratch Certification! For this mixer...I'm telling you that NI has had a bad rep for not playing nice with others who aren't meeting the buy-in. The debut of this mixer at NAMM 15 had many wondering why it was shown with Traktor. The whole HID capability makes it easy to work around Scratch Certification but, IMHO, Traktor still has Serato DJ beat on the fact that they (NI) are probably best set-up for the dream-like hybrid of a DVS on four channels and a software on the Aux Session in input...all synced via that virtual Midi they have. For an advanced user who has been working on achieving this with expensive or overly complicated rigs....for the last 6 years...the DVS Scratch Certification is a major step.
runningoutofspace 7:10 PM - 24 April, 2015
If NI didn't do this....I still wouldn't be tempted into playing my sets with a bunch of controllers (not just yet) but having the DVS keeps me with my vinyls at the ready and my digitals at the ready too.
MPC O.G. 7:28 PM - 24 April, 2015
I looked at the 2.8 update. It is major for TSP. It plays nice with all the new Pioneer goodies. And is up to 64 bit. USES 100% of available RAM. Fixed the issue with multiple cores. Which is good for me because I have a mid 2012 13 MBP with the I7 and 16G of RAM. Hopefully now that Rane has NI's proprietary code they will offer a club kit for Rane mixers for TSP.
Mr. Goodkat 11:37 PM - 24 April, 2015
always thought traktor was better over all, just not streamlined like SSL. now sdj is turning into traktor which is funny becuase its a lot closer to Traktor than SSL and will actually make it easier to switch to traktor. ive been back and forth and like most people stayed with ssl becuase it was what i was used to. Maximizing ram is pretty huge. considering ive got 16 mb in my set up and i still play on a 5 ms buffer. not a huge deal, but not ssl.
DJ Nexus2000 2:04 AM - 25 April, 2015
IMO The fact that this mixer is $2800 is insane with NO Serato soundcard built in.
MPC O.G. 2:31 AM - 25 April, 2015
It has 2 soundcards in it.
MPC O.G. 2:33 AM - 25 April, 2015
And it works with TSP and the new D2.......Stems and the 2015 are going to separate good dj's from button pushers. Hopefully I'll grab one around XMas.
runningoutofspace 5:55 AM - 25 April, 2015
Quote:
IMO The fact that this mixer is $2800 is insane with NO Serato soundcard built in.

It's obvious now. Even in the manual there's direct mentions of Traktor. Again, seeing Rane releasing a mixer of this caliber had people thinking it would have instant Serato support but the Pro DJ world doesn't need such limitations and confusion. With all this NI news, I think it's time for Serato or Rane to communicate early than later. MP-2015 users with Traktor and Serato already, will just have to get over it. Sure, I have a little buyers remorse because I wasted $500 trying to get Serato ready for my DB4 but the MP-2015 came and I had to part ways with the DB mixer...to me that was a personal choice based on my experience with owning/using an MP-2016/XP-2016 combo but...seeing Traktor coming with Scratch Certification is much bigger. I like Serato but Traktor was there first. I don't get down with a bunch of FX and loops and controllers so I only needed a way to play my digital tracks with my vinyls without having to shell-out $3998 for two CDJs just to be HID controllers/sound cards...I did do a lot of things in their software that you can't do in SDJ so I have to say...Traktor was probably always going to be the MP-2015's 1st choice of DVS and who knows how this will pan out.. in terms of competition, Serato will still stay strong but the 'thing' is, most of ya'll know that getting Traktor Supported sound card is a big game changer.
Rebelguy 8:13 PM - 25 April, 2015
Are there any mixers out that are certified for both Serato DJ and Traktor?
DJ Irv 1:45 PM - 26 April, 2015
Quote:

From what I can gather these...

DJM 850
DJM 900NXS

But you need the clubkit for them.
Code:E 6:23 PM - 26 April, 2015
Quote:

None that unlock both software's without some sort of purchase.
Mr. Goodkat 7:03 PM - 26 April, 2015
this whole club kit thing is kinda screwy, but i guess it does drive some money into seratos pockets. i still like the concept of traktor being able to use any sound card like pretty much all audio software. its kinda nice to sit on the couch and play traktor off the apple tv .

i would pay 200 to unlock serato dj to any sound card, but paying for a mixer with a usb connection and then having to pay another 169(on sale) makes me cringe.

in this case a 2800$ mixer and then you get cheaped out for another 200. thats pretty piss poor as an old southern guy would say.(or maybe all old men say that)
Rebelguy 7:26 PM - 26 April, 2015
Quote:

in this case a 2800$ mixer and then you get cheaped out for another 200. thats pretty piss poor as an old southern guy would say.(or maybe all old men say that)

But they are two separate companies.
runningoutofspace 2:20 PM - 27 April, 2015
Quote:
its kinda nice to sit on the couch and play traktor off the Apple TV.

That is just too funny. I don't even know how that would work, whether it is the App version working on Apple TV..a full version or whatever...I certainly never ever want to know how that works. 😈
Joee 9:03 PM - 28 April, 2015
Quote:

& here you go----> dj.rane.com
Mr. Goodkat 9:09 PM - 28 April, 2015
so does that mean that SDJ can only access 2gb of ram?
Mr. Mac 9:45 PM - 28 April, 2015
Mind-blowing that MP2015 received Traktor support before (or even worse, INSTEAD) of Serato DJ.
Code:E 10:32 PM - 28 April, 2015
I bet thats because rane doesn't want to be seen as Serato only anymore since this are not.
Mr. Goodkat 10:32 PM - 28 April, 2015
traktor has always been far ahead of serato, just not as easy to use.
eugguy 4:03 AM - 29 April, 2015
I think Shaun and Zach state they are both big on using Traktor in their demo videos of the namm 2015 videos.
runningoutofspace 8:35 AM - 29 April, 2015
I think that if we do see Serato and Rane work out a deal to allow this mixer to use SDJ, everyone in here would be happy but people shouldn't look at Native Instruments' actions in some sort of negative or troubling way just because it was sorta... unexpected. If you go back to the NAMM videos, press images, and manual, all of the signs are there. In terms of the mixer having an official DVS, this is great news. It is official in 2.8. And Yes! there's major implications but don't do so much speculation about the Serato-Rane relationship....it isn't helpful to a user with the specific mixer in hand. I was waiting for an answer from Serato and it sucks for SDJ users to have to wait but a lot of people voicing strong opinions without being actual MP-2015 owners are really going nowhere here. In the time you wait for an answer you can learn a new software, but I'm not saying switch...I'm saying there's nothing more important than the ability to play your music. It is simply a step in the right direction for MP-2015 users. Surely, the two top tier Adam software companies are strong competitors but the various mixer manufacturers out ther kinda need a way to let their products stand on their own. IMHO, it kinda sucks when things only work for one unit and not for the comparable others but the MP-2015 users have the Traktor DVS option.

A mixer like the DJM-900s had to be made in two flavors but the days of all that should be done.

Personally, I love my turntables and my vinyls. Having held out for a long period during the DB4 hiatus. I tried everything from CDJ-2Ks to HID to MIDI controllers and I simply miss the ability to play my digital tracks and with my vinyl collection and own creations all on turntables. If someone gives me DVS for this mixer.. I'll take it!
MPC O.G. 12:10 PM - 29 April, 2015
I don't understand why people are mad about this. Rane made their BEST mixer. It cut a deal with NI. Serato got beat to the punch. All those other mixers made exclusively for Serato nobody cried foul then. Serato then went back and got functionality for TSP mixers added to SDJ. This is business. What people are missing is how deftly Pioneer is playing both sides while constantly improving their products to a point where any DVS won't be needed. There's a rumor going around that all those shiny new Pio controllers are about to be TSP certified. Thats good for the end customer, US.

P.S. Anyone who has a 62 and TSP and SDJ, if you've updated TSP to 2.8, plug in and see if TSP recognizes anything OTHER than the 2015. I have a 57, so I will try myself in a few.
DJ dVO 12:17 PM - 30 April, 2015
I guess people complain because it is strange to eyes to see Rane + NI logos.

I will acquire the MP2015 if and only if it is SDJ enabled and DVS. I think for a mixer of such calibre, a lack of DVS option is oxymoron, imho.
DJ Irv 1:35 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
I guess people complain because it is strange to eyes to see Rane + NI logos.

I will acquire the MP2015 if and only if it is SDJ enabled and DVS. I think for a mixer of such calibre, a lack of DVS option is oxymoron, imho.

Funny about the level of loyalty people have toward any one software when the company doesn't really think about you individually when making decisions. It has a DVS option TSP2.8

I use whatever tool is available to me to do the best job I can. Even when when I think a software/hardware is the best thing since slice bread I want the next company to push the envelope and provide competition by trying to create something better. If the market turned into a hardware or software monopoly consumers would all lose.
Joee 1:42 PM - 30 April, 2015
people say SSL is better than tractor …….but isn't the opposite true? tractor has less latency does it not?

i just was never a fan of the tractor interface
Joee 1:44 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:

sorry interface as in the screen www.digitaldjtips.com not the sound card
DJ Irv 2:20 PM - 30 April, 2015
Not sure it matters to me which is better it's more about which is better for your needs but if you are talking advanced then Traktor is clearly way more advanced.

Still not my point, all this loyalty toward Serato in this case. Serato opened their DVS software to Pioneer, Denon, Allen & Heath Rane would be a fool to not explore other options.
MPC O.G. 2:28 PM - 30 April, 2015
Waiting for Rane to unlock the 62 the way Pio and Serato snaked NI on the 900. All is fair in love and war. Stop crying fanboys.
Joee 2:29 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
Waiting for Rane to unlock the 62 the way Pio and Serato snaked NI on the 900. All is fair in love and war. Stop crying fanboys.

word……having options is a good thing
s3kn0tr0n1c 3:39 PM - 30 April, 2015
One mixer does any software can be bad.
runningoutofspace 5:13 PM - 30 April, 2015
Traktor 2.8 was released on 27 April 2015 with MP-2015 support. Just sayin.
Joee 5:15 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
Traktor 2.8 was released on 27

have you seen it? is the computer screen layout the same?
runningoutofspace 5:36 PM - 30 April, 2015
Downloading now.
MPC O.G. 7:00 PM - 30 April, 2015
YEP, GUI is the same. Don't think that's going to change until 3.0.
Mr. Goodkat 7:11 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
people say SSL is better than tractor …….but isn't the opposite true? tractor has less latency does it not?

when i used it it was closer to sdj. ssl runs at 1ms easily
Joee 7:13 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:

this was the only comparison I've seen
Watchwww.youtube.com
Mr. Goodkat 7:19 PM - 30 April, 2015
it looks the same, i dl'ed traktor 2.8 but havent used it with dvs.

since you can run the full program off any sound card, including the one that come with your computer, i booted only on that, and immediately turned the buffer all the way down.

i didnt really like the interface that much, but things that stood out were (vs SSL) dvs sounded better/was tighter, the overall sound was better, and sync worked better. Ive used ssl since 06 and didnt like the search function and 'crate' section and just didnt have time to get used to it. It took me 6 mos of gigs just to switch to sdj. if i only played 4/4 quantized house/techno/edm i would probably switch. but i don't.
DJ Irv 7:19 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

That review was very accurate but, not fair now. NI soundcard were 24bit even back then so they sounded better especially doing slow passes, cuts etc compared to the SL1. I would say they they are about even know and I use both.
WarpNote 10:08 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
A mixer like the DJM-900s had to be made in two flavors but the days of all that should be done.

Agreed, I'm sure the 2015 will get club kit support at some point. But you guys know how this goes: Hardware & software company (Rane & NI) makes a deal, then probably agrees on a "exclusive period". Once that period has passed, other companies steps in and offer support as well.

These things seem to happen in cycles, been a long time since NI supported any 3rd party hardware, this time they stepped up. Choice is a good thing for us users, and I'd be surprised if we don't see SDJ club kit support at some stage. Although it might take a little while.
runningoutofspace 7:37 AM - 1 May, 2015
Mr. Goodkat 11:09 PM - 2 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

after tying traktor 2.8 with dvs there i can't tell much difference with 64 bit as far as latency.

took the buffer down and at the lowest setting it was still a no go on my computer, not even close. i was able take it down maybe 1-2 setting lower and not get crackling from an a10 soundcard, but nothing that i thought it might do.

Im slowly buying into the fact that sdj is the best dvs on the street with the add of pnt, flip, and beat jump. i was one of the biggest critics until 1.7 but for the most part i'm seeing a hybrid of the the SSL and Traktor that only really has slight adjustments to the sound(its a bit bright and loud imo) and processing power.

BUT, i dont think the processing would be a big deal, if i had a newer(1-2 years old) maxxed out MBP. Mine is a mid 2012 2.5 core i5 with 16 gb of ram with a stock internal. prob wont upgrade the hd to a ssd, since ill wait for my next mbp in 2016, but probably a tb 7200 rpm drive which i doubt will help much other than storage.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:58 PM - 3 May, 2015
Just so you know, latency settings for USB devices can be a bit arbitrary. A setting of 2 for one device may be equivalent to a USB buffer setting of 8 on another. It all depends on how the manufacturer is measuring latency. This article is all about Ethernet latency, but it directly relates to what I'm referring to; there are many ways to measure latency and most manufacturers use the method that gives their devices the lowest possible "number" (to make their device seem better than is really is). The article is a bore, but the intro is great -->> www.juniper.net

Another great article about latency -->> www.juniper.net <<-- THE TRUTH ABOUT LATENCY
runningoutofspace 7:31 PM - 5 May, 2015
soundcloud.com

This was an audio test. You can hear the sound of the MP-2015 filters and how the Send/Return FX such as the BOSS stereo digital Delay and Reverb sound with this mixer.
A lot of that happens around the tail end of the recording but it's there for your listening.

Don't fret on my selections... these are classics in my collections so I had to use them as I got my head around the FX settings and functionality of the Filters, etc. This recording was longer but I had to cut it down to post something up there.

I have updated my tracks in Traktor and tested the DVS. I can say the flip of band pass on the individual channel filters can be great for two synch'd tracks when you just want to tease one in it's introduction or exit. I am in the current phase of integrating DVS so there's no recording. Playing around with the DVS made me wish for an actual MIDI controller simply to search my digital collections and load decks..so, a kind of morale conflict occurred.
Detroitbootybass 3:54 PM - 6 May, 2015
Frankly, I loved your music selection, runningoutofspace!
runningoutofspace 6:16 PM - 6 May, 2015
Thank you! That means a lot. I just wish it could've been the whole mix .....I had a much longer mix with more cuts, a whole other Jazz-Fusion vibe that was before the Disco but Soundcloud's filters blocked me from uploading the complete session. Anyway, I never really get the chance to play my older, cherished cuts so I'm glad that one person in this forum like it. I enjoyed the moments so I'm not done yet, but I not trying to promote my mixes here...I also offered that because my review of the mix made me realize that I could use it to let others hear some differences in the MP-2015's filters and external FX...even if not used to Mastered application..it's a good example.

Oh yeah, for a digital mixer isn't she warm? I think Rane did an awesome job in the build. This might be the best today. Even though that is a MP3 and I can hear a few things on the edges, the sound is really clean.

FWIW, it's actually a bit of challenge to get fully motivated and 'back' into DVS because I haven't had a DVS supported mixer for years. With the DB4-Traktor debacle, I ended up sticking with vinyl and kinda gave up on DVS. I still rack up a Vinyl Junkies habit of vinyl and only consider it now because I'm no longer fortunate to be within 30 min access to good record shops like when I was living in London but....I moved to Italy last December and finding music now is a bit slower yet, not as expensive. I still have my sources but I don't have free-range to run amuck in a shop without driving 3+ hours.

Anyway, I was happy about the Serato Club Kit certification but the timing simply wasn't right for me. I know this Rane mixer lured me away from all the DB4-Serato glory but Traktor was my first DVS....and 'old me' loves the old ways with a bit of new....the Traktor certification gave me back something, so I'm gonna use it...once I warm-up from revisiting the classics.
runningoutofspace 6:24 PM - 6 May, 2015
Typing a lot of text on a mobile always poses a challenge for me. No edit postings with bad grammar, everything, has me shaking my head at the above. Forgive me but I see the typos and other mistakes too.
Mr. Mac 1:08 AM - 8 May, 2015
Has anybody who's used the MP2015 noticed the headphone output being somewhat low compared to other popular mixers? (i.e.: DJM-900nxs, DJM-900SRT, DJM-800, Empath, etc.)
eugguy 8:39 AM - 8 May, 2015
Quote:
Has anybody who's used the MP2015 noticed the headphone output being somewhat low compared to other popular mixers? (i.e.: DJM-900nxs, DJM-900SRT, DJM-800, Empath, etc.)

I agree. Most of my headphones have either low output or get distorted when volume is cranked higher. The Xone 92 headphone out was very powerful and nearly deafening, which I kinda liked an option.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:35 PM - 8 May, 2015
Hey Mac,

Make sure you've updated to the latest control panel with the latest firmware--> dj.rane.com

We boosted the volume of the headphone quite a bit.
Mr. Mac 6:45 PM - 8 May, 2015
Quote:
Hey Mac,

Make sure you've updated to the latest control panel with the latest firmware--> dj.rane.com

We boosted the volume of the headphone quite a bit.

Thank you Zach. I downloaded the latest "Rane Control Panel for Mac" and installed it, but how do I go about actually updating the MP2015's firmware? Is there some sort of button press sequence to put it in update mode? I don't see an update button anywhere on the Rane Control Panel even though the3 MP2015 is connected and visible.
eugguy 7:11 PM - 8 May, 2015
Yeah I can't seem to figure that part out either...but I can't wait to try that out Zach. This may really make me happy, as only "one" of my many headphones matches well with the 2015's headphone output.

I'll have to try to update when I get home too. I just need to know how to update...
eugguy 7:18 PM - 8 May, 2015
I was wondering if this could happen too Zach...would it be possible to automatically switch the cue off? (Similar to a Xone 92...possibly the only thing I miss on the Xone)

For instance: when you are cueing track A in your headphones and track B is playing, you have to alternate cues. Go to each cue individually and press each one on or off. When you press one cue, (track A) the other cue button (track B) is still on. Is there any way to update the cueing system (or be given an option) where this can occur? The cue automatically switches on "only" to the chosen cue?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:50 PM - 8 May, 2015
latest firmware is 1.0.3

so if you do not see a update button then you are already updated.
Mr. Mac 9:24 PM - 9 May, 2015
Thanks for info. Just verified firmware is 1.0.3, but the MP2015's maximum headphone volume output is still drastically lower than other mixers and controllers. Can this please be corrected with an update?
eugguy 9:45 PM - 9 May, 2015
I didn't get any better results with the headphone volume after the update... Still way too low...
Code:E 11:01 PM - 9 May, 2015
What headphones are you guys all using.... Do you know what ohms they are.

Hey Zach, what impedance of headphones are you guys testing with?
WarpNote 9:40 AM - 10 May, 2015
To be honest I feel the headphone level on the 64 is a little low compared to a pioneer djm900. On the 64, it helps to bring the line gain up. :-D
runningoutofspace 9:52 AM - 10 May, 2015
I guess I did notice the headphone output was a bit low but I've been trying to figure out which one headphone is the best for me (with this mixer)....between three very different types. So, I didn't want to say anything yet. I know my CUE HP monitoring level usually is at/around the 1 o'clock position.

My old homemade 1/2 of a Sony MDR-V700DJ cup/Vestax KMX-3 lollipop (stick) headphone is currently the best. It doesn't sound too low in the CUE but I have to go to 1 o'clock (and can't split cue). I have a supposedly digital one that wa made by David Meza of Duo Audio fame but it now sounds terrible for some reason when it usually sounds excellent. It has a peak LED on it and the level has to be raised to 4 o'clock to get a decent level.

My on-ear Ultrasone Signature Pro headphones (that I never use for DJ'ing - way too hot) sound clear, make up in Bass and Trebs and the split is perfect but they are not as comfortable as a stick so the last trial was with some Shure in-ears that had to be taken down a lot so I simply think the type of headphones, the pick-up from the source, and the main playback on your monitoring system might make it hard for anyone to know.
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:46 PM - 11 May, 2015
The headphone output is lower than other mixers for sure. It was boosted in the latest firmware as I said but if its not enough for everyone we'll get it boosted even more.
Mr. Mac 6:47 PM - 11 May, 2015
Quote:
The headphone output is lower than other mixers for sure. It was boosted in the latest firmware as I said but if its not enough for everyone we'll get it boosted even more.

Hi Zach - YES YES YES please do increase even more. We are receiving a lot of complaints about headphone output from most everyone who has used the MP2015 so far. Please let us know when firmer update will be available. Until then we are just advising everyone to just be aware and hang tight for bit. Thank you.
Mr. Mac 6:48 PM - 11 May, 2015
^^^ sorry, meant "firmware" update.
eugguy 6:50 PM - 11 May, 2015
Yes. Please Zach....increase the volume! (Or give us the option to do so in the Firmware Options!) I can't use my Sennheiser HD8's, they sound soooo weak with the MP2015's headphone out.
Mr. Mac 6:56 PM - 11 May, 2015
Another thing worth noting is that a good portion of our DJs use lollipop/stick type headphones so healthy headphone output from the MP2015 is important since it's only one mono cup and we've never had issue with output levels of other mixers using sticks.
WarpNote 9:39 PM - 11 May, 2015
Quote:
I can't use my Sennheiser HD8's, they sound soooo weak

Funny thing, that's my main DJ can too, and I think they're a little low with the 64...
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:18 PM - 11 May, 2015
Just curious... what headphones are you all using?
WarpNote 11:25 PM - 11 May, 2015
@Zach
Sennheiser HD8 DJ for gigs, HD 25-1 II for backup at gigs.
Beyerdynamic Custom Studio & Ultrasone Pro 900 for home/studio.

(Volume is never an issue when at home/studio, only at gigs,
as I'm currently getting used to waring ear plugs at during gigs.)

Looking to add a rane 62 to my Tech 1210's to have 2 flexible setups
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com
Mr. Mac 4:56 PM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:
Just curious... what headphones are you all using?

AIAIAI TMA-1
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Sony MDR-7506
Various lollipops/cue sticks

All of these sound dramatically louder on other common DJ mixers and controllers than they do on MP2015.

Agree with WarpNote too that low headphone volume of MP2015 is really only an issue during live gigs, not in studio.
eugguy 7:05 PM - 12 May, 2015
I've got too many headphones plus numerous $1000 plus in-ear-monitors to list. I only use headphones with the 2015. All of them do sound significantly lower with the 2015...Studio or gigging out. I hope it can be fixed with a firmware update and isn't a hardware issue. I'd rather the headphone out to be too loud than too soft.
Mr. Mac 7:06 PM - 12 May, 2015
Quote:
I'd rather the headphone out to be too loud than too soft.

Agreed. We can always turn down when needed.
runningoutofspace 5:15 PM - 17 May, 2015
Back on it again. Here's my current mix! soundcloud.com

I believe I've got the Send/Return FX dialed-in to the point where I use it on time with ease rather than losing focus. I've also found that the use of my MPC Renaissance is the best way for me to start using the laptop again. It allows me to get the extra sounds into the mix but it isn't a third deck like the Octatrack I have in here which I'm still figuring out if it can be added to the chain for some real-time looping and S/R FX... hey....that Traktor DVS is still just sitting in my laptop waiting to be used. Right now, I'm shaking off a bit of rust so I enjoy playing with the real vinyls.....haven't thought too much about the tracks I have waiting to be used with the timecode disc. I know, I know,...kind of a failure but I hope you can understand by my mix that I'm a bit satisfied and preoccupied with the stuff on wax that is ready to be used without making me stare at my screen in a digicrate or waveform...that kinda complication.

I agree the headphone output is lower than you'd expect so let's wait for the boost. I don't think it's that bad though, I often find that I have to cut the input gain on phono back to 4 (11 o'clock position) and the headphone is still falling at/around 6 (1 o'clock position).
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:23 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
I agree the headphone output is lower than you'd expect so let's wait for the boost. I don't think it's that bad though, I often find that I have to cut the input gain on phono back to 4 (11 o'clock position) and the headphone is still falling at/around 6 (1 o'clock position).

You can boost/decrease the phono sensitivity within the Rane Control Panel. This should allow you to turn up your input gains more thus giving you more headphone volume.
eugguy 9:06 PM - 18 May, 2015
Tried it, but still isn't the same at the headphone volume...excited to get that firmware boost!
Mr. Mac 9:12 PM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:
Tried it, but still isn't the same at the headphone volume...excited to get that firmware boost!

Same here. Still much too low at max volume in big system/loud environments. Overall headphone output volume needs to be increased quite a bit with firmare update.
dj_soo 11:24 PM - 18 May, 2015
the headphone level on my 62 is pretty low too...
KJT 5:53 PM - 19 May, 2015
Just throwing an idea out there. Has anyone tried connecting a cheap headphone amp in-line
with the headphones from the mixer. I don't have an MP2015 but I'm a little tempted to get one since I started getting more interested in Soulful House.
Mr. Goodkat 6:36 PM - 19 May, 2015
if your gonna just buy a mp2015 because you got into soulful house, you might as well just get one and try it out.
eugguy 6:39 PM - 19 May, 2015
Quote:
Just throwing an idea out there. Has anyone tried connecting a cheap headphone amp in-line
with the headphones from the mixer. I don't have an MP2015 but I'm a little tempted to get one since I started getting more interested in Soulful House.

I did that. Results= not great. The amp adds volume, but it adds distortion. I used a nice headphone amp as well. The best scenario would still be to internally increase the headphone volume from the 2015. As for mixing soulful house....it's great! Do it!
Taipanic 8:06 PM - 19 May, 2015
I use one for my Korg Zero4, it works but isn't optimal. This shouldn't be an issue on a multi thousand dollar mixer. I require loud headphone volume and won't consider buying one until this is resolved - and I really want one!
PS: and the Club Kit too!
eugguy 9:35 PM - 19 May, 2015
I honestly don't know why this is an issue with the 62 & 2015. I've never had a problem with the older Rane's I've owned, using the same headphones.
MPC O.G. 9:52 PM - 19 May, 2015
The OG 57 is ridiculously loud.
eugguy 9:59 PM - 19 May, 2015
yeah
AKIEM 10:27 PM - 19 May, 2015
Plenty headroom and soundman asking if it can be turned down from 3 - lol
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:55 PM - 20 May, 2015
Know we're looking into boosting the volume of the headphone amp in this mixer.
A workaround for know would be a quality headphone amp.
I did some research and came across this very affordable, US made, quality headphone amp --> www.parts-express.com

The output on this is ear bleeding. I'll continue to push for a firmware change on the MP2015 so no one will need something like this but, for now...
Mr. Mac 6:59 PM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
Know we're looking into boosting the volume of the headphone amp in this mixer.
A workaround for know would be a quality headphone amp.
I did some research and came across this very affordable, US made, quality headphone amp --> www.parts-express.com

The output on this is ear bleeding. I'll continue to push for a firmware change on the MP2015 so no one will need something like this but, for now...

Thank you Zach. We'll definitely need to get one of these because the complaints keep coming in from most all who we've had using the MP2015 at shows (ones with with big/loud sound systems).

Sincerely hope a firmware update corrects this. Totally agree with Taipanic above that there's no excuse on a $3,500 mixer. Any idea why this was never an issue with any other Rane mixers in past but is with this one?
Mr. Goodkat 7:02 PM - 20 May, 2015
prob closer to a 2800 usd mixer but i thought the same thing. the pinnacle mixer of rane has low headphone output.... incredible.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:08 PM - 20 May, 2015
We changed that headphone amp since the og 57 which we can all agree was ear splitting.
I'm not sure why this was changed but the 61, 62, 68, 64, MP25,MP26, and MP2015 all have lower output headphone amps.

This is not an excuse to not boost the headphone volume and we definitely appreciate your guys' feedback, but this mixer is now being used by a lot of world class, big wig, techno and house DJs that play huge festivals and the only complaints we've heard thus far are from the people on this forum. I also have not had any issues with it. I'm surprised none of you are getting enough volume even pushing it to 10. Regardless I'll be pushing to get er done:)
Mr. Mac 7:13 PM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
this mixer is now being used by a lot of world class, big wig, techno and house DJs that play huge festivals and the only complaints we've heard thus far are from the people on this forum

Probably because most world class, big wig, techno and house DJs play pre-programmed sets. In other words, they really don't need to do a lot of headphone monitoring since their track selections are canned, not spontaneous.
Mr. Mac 7:13 PM - 20 May, 2015
Quote:
Regardless I'll be pushing to get er done:)

Thank you!!! :-)
eugguy 3:53 PM - 21 May, 2015
Quote:
prob closer to a 2800 usd mixer but i thought the same thing. the pinnacle mixer of rane has low headphone output.... incredible.

Yeah, a bit surprising and frustrating...but let's stay hopeful that this can get done ITNF. Otherwise, the 2015 is a wonderful mixer. Even if I was aware of a lower headphone output, I still would purchase.
runningoutofspace 8:52 PM - 21 May, 2015
Quote:
Probably because most world class, big wig, techno and house DJs play pre-programmed sets. In other words, they really don't need to do a lot of headphone monitoring since their track selections are canned, not spontaneous.

I agree now that the only complaints I've seen about this have been in this forum and that is probably because....we're in the wrong forum commenting about non-SDJ stuff so that comment cannot be taken too seriously....

Different headphones, players, head shells/carts/stylus, and the standard loudness of the original recorded audio as a source before applying gain will vary from DJ to DJ and environment to environment..no one here is testing playback with the same audiophile reference disc so who know how significant the claim is...your ear will tell you where "clear" is and if you find it with the headphone volume near max, you've got a real problem. Above 6 (0r the 1 o'clock) position seems to be fine without pushing into the harsh or driver killing distortion you might experience when above 6.

I say try the boost in the editor. I haven't needed to yet so I won't comment but I did try Traktor with this mixer over the last week and the burning to digits is back on. I'm currently looking for a controller to assist with the DVS but the more I played with it, the more I lusted for more control over everything. I had to pull myself off it but it is nice to think about the possibilities once you have your tracks at the ready.

"like a Nerd alone in a brothel with a $1000 dollars, mid-day on a Tuesday"
Mr. Goodkat 9:12 PM - 21 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I agree now that the only complaints I've seen about this have been in this forum and that is probably because....we're in the wrong forum commenting about non-SDJ stuff so that comment cannot be taken too seriously....

Different headphones, players, head shells/carts/stylus, and the standard loudness of the original recorded audio as a source before applying gain will vary from DJ to DJ and environment to environment..no one here is testing playback with the same audiophile reference disc so who know how significant the claim is...your ear will tell you where "clear" is and if you find it with the headphone volume near max, you've got a real problem. Above 6 (0r the 1 o'clock) position seems to be fine without pushing into the harsh or driver killing distortion you might experience when above 6.

I say try the boost in the editor. I haven't needed to yet so I won't comment but I did try Traktor with this mixer over the last week and the burning to digits is back on. I'm currently looking for a controller to assist with the DVS but the more I played with it, the more I lusted for more control over everything. I had to pull myself off it but it is nice to think about the possibilities once you have your tracks at the ready.

just wondering where you are from. ive never heard any of this slang or phrases. just wondered so if i end up there i can use some of these terms

i specifically liked

''the burning to digits is back on''

i assume this means something like you hands are on fire to dj again or something?
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:48 PM - 22 May, 2015
Just an FYI... an MP2015 user figured out a cool workaround to be able to hear the ISO in your headphones for those of you (like me) that need to keep things quite on the home front on the late night.

Turn OFF the volume on the SUB MIX channel,
Connected the SESSION OUT to the SESSION IN with a RCA cable,
Turn on SESSION IN (AUX switch down should be down) on the SUB MIX channel,
Set the volume for both session in and out to about “5”,
Now you can CUE on the Submix channel the ISO and/or FX, be sure to set the Cue Pan to just cue, because you will hear a slight phase when preview it with the main.

Voila now you can hear the ISO and FX in the headphones!
runningoutofspace 7:51 PM - 3 June, 2015
Quote:

just wondering where you are from. ive never heard any of this slang or phrases. just wondered so if i end up there i can use some of these terms

i specifically liked

''the burning to digits is back on''

i assume this means something like you hands are on fire to dj again or something?

Ha ha...I hope you understood most of it but I'll break it down. I was born and raised on the South Side of Chicago, I left there in 1993 after a fellow schoolmate name Felix Stalling (AKA da Housekat) took me into his studio and showed me what he had and told me about what he was doing over seas with opportunities that existed in the world outside of Chicago...it was almost a year later before I left, spent my first 3 years in NYC, 5 years West Coast near SF, then down SD before moving to Central London in 2003 ... went back to SD between 2006-2009, returned to London in October 2010 and left there in December 2014 for Northern Italy. I've always collected records but I didn't experience the real side of Chicago House until EXACTLY June 1989. I knew about it back in 1985 and even attended parties with kids who became the 2nd Wave of House, but in the scene, I didn't start actually DJ'ing until 1997 - four years after leaving Chicago. TBH, the one thing that stifled me getting into House is that a local could attend parties, be a regular in the scene, but if you were trying to come-up or do something like get into it...very few would let you pass the invisible brick wall. Not everyone was tight, but I simply couldn't get good records to develop my own style and no one in those days would mentor a young hopeful like myself. I had to learn through observation and develop outside of my home....which you can read this story about how much hasn't changed. Anyway, that is a personal story - good enough to tell you my path to today.

Anyway, the way I write in forums can be problematic. You can't edit and I don't find all of the issues but as challenging as it is, I hope you can understand most of it without feeling like an English teacher.

The "Burning to Digits" means: Recording tracks on vinyls to individual digital files. I have a love-hate relationship with this task, I dread it so much...it feels like I actually find a way to not do it by simply just making a mix and forgetting about it. Since guys like Sven Väth and Ricardo Villalobos are keeping "All-Vinyl" sets alive, I use this as justification for continuing to make mixes the old fashioned way.

On the HP Cue volume claims: I'm not doubting or denying but, who knows? There are so many set-ups and sound source variables that only your ear will tell you where Cue clarity is found within your playing environment. So, if you're raising the Cue volume up near max to achieve that, something may be wrong with many things. I know that if you mix with Mastered WAV/AIFF digital tracks through the mixer's sound card or with SPDIF on a CDJ, the sound should be consistent enough to rule-out many things. In my use, Cue volume is always near 6 (or the 1 o'clock position). I agree that 6 seems to be high but considering my channel volume faders are usually raised to around 7 (2 o'clock position), the right sound I find has volume positions which make me believe it is normal. So who knows???? Everything is fine so to say it.

I saw the ability to raise the volume in the editor but it wasn't specifically for the Headphone only.
runningoutofspace 7:59 PM - 3 June, 2015
Oh Boy...I hate writing this much without the ability to edit... I find more mistakes in the first read

Corrections:
Southside of Chicago
named Felix Stallings, Jr. (school mate in High School and College)
but in the scene, there was no opportunities for me to start and develop.

The article I meant to mention about Chicago today: boilerroom.tv
Cosmic Sunrise 2:10 AM - 20 June, 2015
Dont get me weong but i souldnt run this mixer with any dj software just a couple of 1210 and a couple of 2000's but its just my personal taste ... Cant wait to get mine sad retire my 900 nexus
Taipanic 2:22 PM - 6 August, 2015
Been using one for the last several weeks for a House Music night and I'm really just starting to get comfortable with it (and rotary mixers) again. So much more control over the shape of the segues with a good rotary mixer than with the slides, especially for house music where the segues are ridden out 1-3 minutes. I've previously owned both a Urei and a Bozak. A quality piece of equipment for sure, my only gripe is the way too low headphone volume. If Rane resolves that issue and creates the club kit for this I will definitely be getting one.
Mr. Goodkat 6:07 PM - 6 August, 2015
i cant see having to pay for a club kit for a 2800 mixer. and low headphone output for a club mixer? thats ridic.
eugguy 6:40 PM - 6 August, 2015
The headphone out just needs a little more umph to satisfy most. At max volume It feels like it's At 75% volume where at most mixers 75% would be more than enough. I'm loving the mixer otherwise. If you are smart about where you buy it from you can get it in the low 2's to 2400.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:56 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
The headphone out just needs a little more umph to satisfy most. At max volume It feels like it's At 75% volume where at most mixers 75% would be more than enough. I'm loving the mixer otherwise. If you are smart about where you buy it from you can get it in the low 2's to 2400.

A firmware update is coming :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:01 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
this mixer is now being used by a lot of world class, big wig, techno and house DJs that play huge festivals and the only complaints we've heard thus far are from the people on this forum

Is this a fact?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:51 PM - 6 August, 2015
^lol
eugguy 5:21 AM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Nice! Any idea when? Hope to see it soon!
Taipanic 8:18 PM - 7 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Damn You! Now I have to start putting more money away...
Reticuli 8:52 PM - 8 August, 2015
The prior posts by someone else about the DJM-800 having an analog mix bus is very wrong. How could someone so ill-informed have so much expensive kit and not even know what it does? Do rich, spoiled kids with $7000 worth of frontend DJ equipment never even read their manuals?

On the below post, what you really have to do is use outboard phono preamps. You want to compare the outboard phono preamps and the CDJ-2000's own line outs into the sound system and then comparing it to being routed through those mixers. Then as a secondary test, you'd want to check the phono preamps in the mixers with a variety of cartridges of various inductance and then the digital mixers with their SPDIF ins fed original signal from the Nexus CDJs. The phono cartridge test alone into a mixer's phono preamps is fraught with problems for a comparison or shootout because of things like capacitance loading meant to match with certain types of cartridges. Otherwise it's essentially meaningless except for that particular cartridge you're talking about... and the 680 is a mushy-sounding high-inductance cart that needs a lot of electrical attention to get the most out of, and even then isn't the sort of cart I'd get excited about.

Quote:
from Facebook supporter rotary mixers

Laurin Joel Schafhausen with Kai Mosdzen and Ingmar Niestrath at event-corp.de

Shootout part 1
Next one with Urei and a Isonoe modded Bozak...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ok, lets start.
We used Vinyl (Technics with vintage Stanton D6800EL) and Wav Files via a CDJ 2000 NXS.
The Rodec and the Rane used the digital ins and the analog ins to compare both.
We checked constantly the spl level with a NTI XL2 to have the same levels on all mixers.

4 People listend and all of us came to the same conclusions.

To be honest we where disappointed with the A&H Xone 92.
With records and files it sounded unbalanced and lacked so much details that it sometimes sounded than an other track.To much bass (50Hz) the high hat was to loud and had not detail at all.
On the phono in it was even worse than with line level sources.
Not good...

The Rodec is very well balanced.
Nothing is to loud, the music is in the room not in the speakers and it feels like you could actually touch the music.

With records it lacked some detail compared to the Rane but has a deeper and more detailed bass (not louder) than the E&S.
The improvement when using the digital in is HUGHE!
The Rodec is just a very very good sounding Mixer.

The E&S DJR was a surprise.
With the CDJ it was on one level with the rodec. It has it own sound, not as, lets say modest as the Rodec but very well balanced.
But with records there was room for improvement.
The midrange was just fantastic, the bass lacked detail and sounded boomy but at the same time missed the lowest notes.
Hi frequencies where not as open sounding as with the Rane or Rodec.

The Rane.
Wow!
Where to start.
Every time when switching to the Rane it was like filling the room with sound. The detail on the high end is unreal (tempted to use "awesome" to describe it).
The sound with records is just so good that I can not wait to use it on a big system.
No digital harshness, nothing cold just pure sound and sooooo much details.
In this shootout without a doubt the winner.

Official Rane DJ you did an amazing job!

Oh and the statement of the E&S DJR 400 sums it up perfectly.
"With the Rodec and the E&S you have like 90 percent of the sound, but with the Rane you have 100 percent!"
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:00 PM - 8 August, 2015
Quote:
Do rich, spoiled kids with $7000 worth of frontend DJ equipment never even read their manuals?

LOL
Code:E 9:17 PM - 8 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Do rich, spoiled kids with $7000 worth of frontend DJ equipment never even read their manuals?

LOL

You really think they do? Come on your not that ill informed are you?
Reticuli 9:29 PM - 8 August, 2015
Three ways a headphone amp can add distortion to a headphone jack:

Crappy headphone amp.

Outboard headphone amp being overdriven.

Input to the outboard headphone amp is too hot.

I'm curious how Rane is fixing this low headphone jack volume with a software fix. Why is this a problem in the first place and how can a software fix resolve it?
eugguy 10:26 AM - 9 August, 2015
Quote:
Three ways a headphone amp can add distortion to a headphone jack:

Crappy headphone amp.

Outboard headphone amp being overdriven.

Input to the outboard headphone amp is too hot.

I'm curious how Rane is fixing this low headphone jack volume with a software fix. Why is this a problem in the first place and how can a software fix resolve it?

Yeah, I wonder too. Sounds like it is more of a hardware issue than a software/firmware fix. I hope we owners are not just having a pacifier stuck into our mouths to quiet us up about such an unfortunate issue.
Reticuli 6:02 PM - 9 August, 2015
Quote:

Yeah, I wonder too. Sounds like it is more of a hardware issue than a software/firmware fix. I hope we owners are not just having a pacifier stuck into our mouths to quiet us up about such an unfortunate issue.

I'd be worried about them using a compressor or something like that if the headphone amp itself is not very good. What they should have done is licensed the O2 amp. Heck, I'm pretty sure if they'd just put a big O2 next to the headphone jack they could have used the design for free.
Reticuli 6:03 PM - 9 August, 2015
But people really just need to either get better-isolating headphones or a headphone amp... or both.
eugguy 8:28 PM - 9 August, 2015
Yeah I've used the JDS O2, nice clean neutral sounding amp. Heck, there are even more compact units that can pack a punch and sound incredible. At the moment, IEMS are working well for me. Not exactly what I wanted to use with the 2015, but works well. I've also tried using a few of my headphone amps, works well too, however, I'd still rather not have to do so. For a list price of $2,899 it's almost humorous that the headphone amp can't hold it's weight with full-sized headphones. All the reviews from people who own the 2015 bring up the low headphone amp issue.
Reticuli 9:24 PM - 9 August, 2015
I don't personally don't plug a headphone directly into a DJ mixer. I always go from the headphone jack into outboard gear for other unique reasons that have nothing to do with volume or sound quality. In fact, I would prefer the option to send the headphone jack signal to some rear aux or zone out like the old Biamps and PPDs would allow.
Reticuli 9:24 PM - 9 August, 2015
double don'ts
raedonquan 11:17 AM - 10 August, 2015
serato.com

support now official
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:13 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

Oh, quite the opposite...

There are QUITE A FEW out there who "Don't read the manual" and are proud of it....
Joee 12:20 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

Oh, quite the opposite...

There are QUITE A FEW out there who "Don't read the manual" and are proud of it....

WORD!

i bought my wife a new car saturday……. neither one of us even looked @ the owners manual

going to trade my ride in for a acura next week……i do not plan on looking @ the owners manual on that one neither
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:25 PM - 10 August, 2015
Cats still trying to get noticed...lol.

#Coattails.
Joee 12:32 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Cats still trying to get noticed...lol.

#Coattails.

why you always so emotional? I AM AGREEING WITH YOU! geez, some people i tell ya!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:35 PM - 10 August, 2015
last time I checked lol = laugh(ed) out loud...

Cats hanging on erry single werd. lmao.

#Coattails.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:35 PM - 10 August, 2015
Oh, and nobody believes you or cares....
HARO 12:39 PM - 10 August, 2015
Thank you very much Serato and Rane for getting SDJ support done on MP2015. The World's finest production mixer can now be used with the World's finest DJ software without any unnecessary hardware. Happy mixing everyone!
Joee 12:46 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
last time I checked lol = laugh(ed) out loud...

Cats hanging on erry single werd. lmao.

#Coattails.

get those hormones in check man it's not a good look for a "GROWN" man to be so emotional over the internet

Quote:
Oh, and nobody believes you or cares....

i got receipts man, got my wife a very cheap very good reliable honda accord sport sticker was $25,000 i got them down to $20,000, you know i don't like paying retail!

admit it….i got a good deal right? the TLX i want stickers over 40K what do you think i can get down to??? 34K?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:51 PM - 10 August, 2015
#Coattails
#Every Sangle Word...
#DesparateForInternetFriends
#NobodyCares

lmao.
Joee 12:55 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
#Coattails
#Every Sangle Word...
#NobodyCares

lmao.

you should have done it like this, don't you think it looks better?

#Coattails
#Every Sangle Word...
#NobodyCares
#lmao.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:57 PM - 10 August, 2015
You may have a point, you ladies prefer a prettier layout.

#Coattails
#Every Sangle Word...
#NobodyCares
#lmao.
Joee 1:05 PM - 10 August, 2015
na man it's mathematical noting to do with looks
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:10 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Joee 1:12 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
na man it's mathematical noting to do with looks
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:15 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
why you always so emotional? I AM AGREEING WITH YOU! geez, some people i tell ya!

Quote:
Joee 1:20 PM - 10 August, 2015
i see you know how to double quote
eugguy 3:08 PM - 10 August, 2015
So...what is the benefit of using Serato Club Kit vs. my SL4? Just no hardware? I assume a drawback of using S.C.K. is that you cannot use SSL?
HARO 3:22 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
So...what is the benefit of using Serato Club Kit vs. my SL4? Just no hardware?

No external interface or RCA cables needed, much simpler setup, and no unnecessary analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion of signal path.
eugguy 3:59 PM - 10 August, 2015
gotcha. thanks.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:48 PM - 10 August, 2015
So far It works.

instagram.com

Need to buy the club kit
Joee 5:55 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
So far It works.

instagram.com

Need to buy the club kit

your going to run out of room for mixers in your avatar when you buy the pioneer S9……lol
Code:E 5:56 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
no unnecessary analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion of signal path.

THIS! Huge!
AKIEM 5:58 PM - 10 August, 2015
nice
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:01 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hey guys,

The new Rane Control panel update is now available, which includes a firmware update for the MP2015 (and TTM 57mkII). This firmware update is necessary for MP2015 use with the Serato DJ 1.7.7 release & Club Kit.

To update the firmware:

1. Download and install the Rane Control Panel app.
2. Open the Control Panel within System Preferences (Mac) or Windows Control Panel (PC).
3. Connect the MP2015 and click the Update Firmware button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Watch the pretty light show and wait for the mixer to reboot.

Rane Control Panel 1.4 for Mac OSX Lion (10.7 to 10.10) dj.rane.com

Rane ASIO Driver and Control Panel 1.4 for Windows 7-SP1, Windows 8 and 8.1. dj.rane.com

MP2015 Firmware Changes from version 1.0.3

• Headphone output level increased 3dB
• Headphone level control taper modified for finer control
• Main, Booth and Session output level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
• Input Gain, Mic Gain, and Session In level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
• Fixed an issue where audio streaming was not restored after waking from sleep on Windows
• Fixed an issue where MIDI controls Request All message did not report current USB port properly
eugguy 6:18 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Hey guys,

The new Rane Control panel update is now available, which includes a firmware update for the MP2015 (and TTM 57mkII). This firmware update is necessary for MP2015 use with the Serato DJ 1.7.7 release & Club Kit.

To update the firmware:

1. Download and install the Rane Control Panel app.
2. Open the Control Panel within System Preferences (Mac) or Windows Control Panel (PC).
3. Connect the MP2015 and click the Update Firmware button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Watch the pretty light show and wait for the mixer to reboot.

Rane Control Panel 1.4 for Mac OSX Lion (10.7 to 10.10) dj.rane.com

Rane ASIO Driver and Control Panel 1.4 for Windows 7-SP1, Windows 8 and 8.1. dj.rane.com

MP2015 Firmware Changes from version 1.0.3

• Headphone output level increased 3dB
• Headphone level control taper modified for finer control
• Main, Booth and Session output level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
• Input Gain, Mic Gain, and Session In level taper slightly modified for finer control around center
• Fixed an issue where audio streaming was not restored after waking from sleep on Windows
• Fixed an issue where MIDI controls Request All message did not report current USB port properly

Woo hoo! Let's see if the update makes my headphones loud enough to use!
Taipanic 6:21 PM - 10 August, 2015
Awesome! Thank You Rane & Serato! There will definitely be a MP2015 in my future now for sure.
Mr. Goodkat 7:10 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
So far It works.

instagram.com

Need to buy the club kit

damn, you got that mixer to play that music.
eugguy 7:15 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
So far It works.

instagram.com

Need to buy the club kit

lol, i know right...lol...
Mr. Goodkat 7:18 PM - 10 August, 2015
:P
Mattigaan 7:32 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hi guys...

Am patiently waiting for my MP2015 to arrive now, as soon as the Serato support was announced today I jumped straight on it, probably (hopefully!) the last mixer i'll ever buy or need - Can't wait to start mixing with this beast!!

Quick question though...

Assuming i have the DVS/Club kit and use the mixer without an SL box, as intended, anyone know the deal with switching between timecode and actual vinyl records? Will I have to still use the 'thru' option within Serato? Or is this achieved by changing the input select on the mixer, or some other way?

Thanks for any info...
Konix 7:40 PM - 10 August, 2015
Just change the input select knob above the gains :)
Mattigaan 7:49 PM - 10 August, 2015
If it's as easy as that...winner!!!

Thanks Konix
HARO 7:52 PM - 10 August, 2015
Does anyone happen to know if both Serato DJ and Traktor can be connected to the MP2015 simultaneously (using Serato Club Kit of course for SDJ)? For example, one DJ who's running Serato DJ (and Club Kit) connected to MP2015's USB A, and another DJ who's running Traktor connected to MP2015's USB B.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:35 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
So far It works.

instagram.com

Need to buy the club kit

who says you can only play "house" music on the MP2015?
Relax... I was trying out that Serato DJ was working.

Sheesh
Konix 9:03 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Does anyone happen to know if both Serato DJ and Traktor can be connected to the MP2015 simultaneously (using Serato Club Kit of course for SDJ)? For example, one DJ who's running Serato DJ (and Club Kit) connected to MP2015's USB A, and another DJ who's running Traktor connected to MP2015's USB B.

Can't imagine why it wouldn't work. I'll let you know in about two weeks once I get my MP2015.
Mr. Goodkat 9:17 PM - 10 August, 2015
we need a review konix
DJSCIASCIA 9:53 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So far It works.

instagram.com

Need to buy the club kit

who says you can only play "house" music on the MP2015?
Relax... I was trying out that Serato DJ was working.

Sheesh

Don't listen to them. You had me fist pumping!! Then again I'm Italian so that's what I do.
Joee 10:00 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Then again I'm Italian so that's what I do.

hahahahaha
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:10 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:

This works fine. Just make sure to switch Serato DJs Primary Decks option (within the Setup screen) to Channel 1 & 2. For whatever reason, Serato defaults Primary Decks 1 & 2 to channels 2 & 3 on the MP2015 :|
runningoutofspace 10:06 PM - 8 November, 2015