Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tip: Recovering a deleted Crate

9:57 PM, 21 Jan 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
melvindj 1:30 AM - 25 February, 2015
y como se borran los crate
DJMIXSK 2:23 PM - 29 September, 2015
I have a problem. Serato DJ every time you open rearranges the crates.
Crates are named by numbers. Arranged chronologically. I close SeratoDJ, open it and crates arrangement is changed again.

Excuse my bad English
nikodb 11:18 PM - 30 September, 2015
Quote:
I have a problem. Serato DJ every time you open rearranges the crates.
Crates are named by numbers. Arranged chronologically. I close SeratoDJ, open it and crates arrangement is changed again.

Excuse my bad English

Go inside _Serato folder and delete a file named neworder.pref...

Do that for ALL hardrives used with Serato and containing a _Serato folder...This will arrange your library crates and subcrates in alphanumeric order.

Another thing to consider is that If you use numbers in front of crate names, use 01 instead of 1...02 instead of 2 etc...

You should be set :)

Cheers
Nik
Kyaw Zwa 5:10 PM - 3 October, 2015
contact us
Kyaw Zwa 5:10 PM - 3 October, 2015
Quote:
contact us
WizzKidJD 3:44 AM - 20 July, 2016
For some reason my deleted crate is coming up as a iTunes Document, and not popping up in Serato.
romanitaly 5:49 PM - 2 October, 2016
Win Users>

Just go to trashcan/recycled bin and click recover !
Harry Land 3:50 PM - 21 January, 2017
Hi Guys,

In need of some urgent help/advice. I deleted a crate by mistake :-( I've followed the instructions and I can see the crate on Serato....but none of it's contents. So now I have an empty crate! Any help would be appreciated!!
supremelygifted 11:02 PM - 4 March, 2017
I'm having the same issue as Harry Land. The crate is there but none of the tracks are there. I copied the file from the trash to both my hard drive and my external drive since I have music located on both.
Chunx McGee 3:29 AM - 29 March, 2017
I know where my crates and serato music is backed up on my PC but i can't seem to find the updated crates that i created. When i open _Serato_ i can only see older crates and a few subcrates, but when i open Serato i can see all of them. What can i do to find them, i have to transfer my stuff to a new laptop.
Overload DJ 7:54 AM - 23 July, 2017
I have a big problem: I'm not the one who deleted a crate, but Serato DJ (my current version is the latest, 1.9.6) at start often loses some crates and I have a reasonable suspicion that it's a bug or neglected or unresolved ... I'm forced to check the number of crates each time to make sure nothing has been lost! This situation is intolerable. Most often it happens when the software asks for backup, at the reopening is the surprise! The software is unreliable, forces you to back up and synchronize with third-party software to avoid losing your job! In this regard I am very disappointed.
DJ Linksua 9:08 PM - 29 July, 2017
hey guys,

My Macbook has drive D (not only the driver C which default name is MAC - although use the same hard drive) so that when I copy as link: Mac >>>> user ...... The crate cannot be loaded in Serato.

Then FYI. you should paste the deleted crates to the below folder on the D driver:

D >>>> _Serato_ >>> _Subcrates

It works.

If you paste in the folder: Mac >>>> user >>>> ... you should delete them first then try the other alternate folder as I mentioned
vahid_20120 7:35 AM - 30 July, 2017
Hello there
i wanna know is it possible when my controller is off and not conected may i use serato dj software for mixing or not?
coz when i click on serato on my mac i have just 1 deck and when i turn on my ddj sx then change to 2 decks.is it maybe because i have old version of serato?it is 1.7.1 version
thanks if you can guide me
Colt 45 3:39 PM - 14 March, 2018
Overload DJ...exactly.
Fáda 12:55 AM - 28 July, 2018
All my crates have disappeared and are not in trash. What can be done in this case? This is so annoying, not the first time its happened but been able to recover them before or had to create them again, this time the crates were more detailed then ever before. I'm hoping they can be recovered. Would they be saved in the cloud?
dj filthy rich 4:23 AM - 2 August, 2018
I'm having the same problem as Overload DJ. I was using Serato for years with no issues, but within the last year or so, crates start to disappear. I'm running Serato DJ on a PC running Windows 10.
Crates that I've had for years are disappearing. This is really frustrating. Especially seems to occur after Serato asks to make a backup (although it just happened to me now, without a backup being asked for. Help?
djschemes 7:20 PM - 4 August, 2018
I have a problem. Serato is deleting crates that I basically newly make. And then I have to go copy the crate and put it back into the sub crate. Not sure why its doing this. Doesn't do it if I drag a new crate into serato I.e an Album. But if I create one after I shut the program down its in the trash. Please help.
Goonba 6:26 PM - 21 February, 2019
Need help!!!
So I made a crate last night spending hours on for a big mix and came on this morning to work on it and boom its GONE!! I never deleted it or anything so please someone help me! Not in my trash or anything either and this is due TONIGHT!!

-Goonba
Goonba 6:31 PM - 21 February, 2019
Quote:
All my crates have disappeared and are not in trash. What can be done in this case? This is so annoying, not the first time its happened but been able to recover them before or had to create them again, this time the crates were more detailed then ever before. I'm hoping they can be recovered. Would they be saved in the cloud?

same issue here WTF
iamdjWhooo 9:46 AM - 23 February, 2019
At this point I am just, over it. Serato keeps deleting crates upon opening.
And now it seems as if it only has crates there from two years ago. SMH.
djbvax 12:54 AM - 4 May, 2019
Yea..this pro tip isn't working.
djstereomike 4:14 AM - 30 May, 2019
The Pro tip is great when you accidentally delete a crate, but not good when you just discovered that a crate is missing.(it could have been missing for days/weeks) and a backup will not help since it overwrites itself each time.

The issue I'm experiencing these days, like some previous posts, is that I lose songs from within my crates, just like that! It took me hours to research & add songs to an existing crate only to re-open serato the next day and to see less songs than what I started with in the crate! And the backup did not help in this case either.
This is the 3rd time in the last year that I had to rebuild my crates. And I'm talking about tens of crates, if not more. This is ridiculous. I'd rather just use itunes to spare me more agony!
I'm using a mac and my songs/videos are split over internal and external drive.
good luck to all and don't put too much faith in those crates until serato admits that they have a problem with crates and fixes those issues for good.