Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato Dj Will Not Detect My NS6

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJ Pembe 7:45 PM - 1 June, 2014
I recently started using the Numark NS6 on away gigs where I can't always take my turntables. I was told that I would be able to use Serato DJ instead of Itch as my software for it, however once I load my serato Dj & connect the NS6 to my Mac via USB it will not detect it.

I've downloaded the NS6 drivers and installed them but that didn't work.

Is there a reason why, is there a fix, or do I have to settle with using Itch?
Serato, Support
Lucas S 12:21 AM - 4 June, 2014
Hi DJ Pembe,

When you have the controller connected, do the virtual decks show up in Serato DJ?

Can I get you to try the NS6 on another computer with Serato DJ?

Let me know.

Cheers
Asmith 9:16 PM - 8 July, 2014
I have a similar issue with my setup: Ns6 and SDJ on a Jan 2014 macbook pro. It is sometimes a pain to get the virtual decks to pop up. When it doesnt work i have to turn the unit on and off multiple time to get them to pop up. doesnt seem is be triggered or not triggered by anything specific. Also tried diff usb cord, starting and opening different ways, anything i can think of. maybe its a usb 3.0 thing? my buddy has a 2012 mac pro and my deck works fine every time on his.
DJ Pembe 4:51 AM - 9 July, 2014
Well Its seems to be working fine now. However now I can't get my SP6 working for my sound effects and so on. Not sure why its giving me so many problems for such a simple set up.
Oznalra 3:56 AM - 10 July, 2014
I can't get my NS6 to be detected as a MIDI controller anymore. Was working fine at first, now it's not. I've been trying to figure out how to manually update my NS6 without going through ITCH (since it's not being detected) but the solution only seems to work for MAC users. Ugh, I had a Mixdeck and had NO problem with it, and then I try upgrading to something more professional and I've had nothing but problems. Can anyone please guide me on how to get this to update? I've literally troubleshooted through everything myself with uninstalling/reinstalling, unplugging/plugging into new ports, new cords, this and that. I believe the problem is simply just my NS6 messed up during an automatic update.
R_D_Cline 7:08 PM - 21 July, 2014
DJ Pembe,
i have heard that some people have had to run their gear in a certain order. Have you tried connecting your rig last? rather second to last, because the amps/ speakers would be turned on last. So some have reported that everything connected, SDJ Open in offline mode first, then connecting the NS6, before powering on speakers seems to works for some.

Oznalra,
Have you started a help thread? i recommend that you try updating your Numark Drivers, depending on your computer make, possibly your USB drivers, the way you said MAC users makes me think you are using Windows. Also be sure to check that your computer meets or exceeds minimum Specs for running SDJ. Numark driver can be found here at this link under the Downloads section of the page: www.numark.com and for updated USB drivers you will have to go to your computer manufacturers website.
kmarks 10:35 PM - 4 August, 2014
Same problem here. brand new macbook pro and NS6. Been using Ns6 for at least a year 2-3 times a week with a 2011 macbook pro- never had a problem.
Now with my new NEW macbook pro, I can hardly ever get it to recognize the controller! It takes me 10 or 11 tries and sometimes, with enough luck and prayers my decks will finally pop up.
I've tried turning things on in every single order imaginable and none seem to work every time. This is beyond frustrating as I don't have 30 minutes at every gig to sit around hoping and unplugging/re-plugging in gear to get it to (maybe) work.
I have downloaded latest drivers and posted on many help forums and there seem to be a lot of people with this issue....Serato please help?
I don't think the issue is with my Ns6 because every time without fail I can plug in my old macbook and be up and running in about 2 seconds.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:37 AM - 6 August, 2014
just bought an NS6 for a friend of mine and trying to see if it works.... I am running into the same issue....

Any fixes as yet?
Matt aka DJ MDV 5:55 PM - 7 August, 2014
Quote:
Same problem here. brand new macbook pro and NS6. Been using Ns6 for at least a year 2-3 times a week with a 2011 macbook pro- never had a problem.
Now with my new NEW macbook pro, I can hardly ever get it to recognize the controller! It takes me 10 or 11 tries and sometimes, with enough luck and prayers my decks will finally pop up.
I've tried turning things on in every single order imaginable and none seem to work every time. This is beyond frustrating as I don't have 30 minutes at every gig to sit around hoping and unplugging/re-plugging in gear to get it to (maybe) work.
I have downloaded latest drivers and posted on many help forums and there seem to be a lot of people with this issue....Serato please help?
I don't think the issue is with my Ns6 because every time without fail I can plug in my old macbook and be up and running in about 2 seconds.

I'm having the same exact problem. Had my NS6 for a year used a 2011 Macbook Air and everything was fine. Now I have 2014 Macbook Pro and ever since it takes me about 10-15 tries of unplugging and plugging in to get even the decks to pop up. Being my business as a DJ is starting to really take off and that I'm getting more and more gigs at clubs I dont have the time to mess around for 30 minutes trying to connect my board. My friend who has the NS6 also has the same exact problem. Serato I need a solution and quick I have 3 parties in the upcoming week and Id rather not look unprofessional for them plus I lost a DJ contest due to the fact that my mixer wouldnt connect at all. Please answer as soon as you can because this problem seems to be with a lot more people than just me.
DJ C-Esta 9:18 AM - 30 November, 2014
My gig tonight was not so great due to the Serato NS6. Please help me. Ill give you some details of what I have. I am using a win7 laptop for at least 3 years, and I have music stored up on my external hard drive. I've been using the NS6 controller for at least a year and a half and it was working well but until today. I might plan on changing my cables for the control and replacing the laptop for a new one but I am frustrated that that may not be the case. Please reply ASAP
Junglist 4:48 AM - 3 December, 2014
I have the same problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the NS6 driver and check to see if the device was showing up in the midi device monitor (it's there but it's dim icon). I've also uninstalled Serato Itch 2.2.2 software and installed Serato DJ software, changed out cables, turned the controller off and on and rebooted my Mac and still nothing. If anyone has found a fix please let me know. I have gig next Friday and I need a fix.

Thanks.
Junglist 4:16 PM - 5 December, 2014
Quote:
I have the same problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the NS6 driver and check to see if the device was showing up in the midi device monitor (it's there but it's dim icon). I've also uninstalled Serato Itch 2.2.2 software and installed Serato DJ software, changed out cables, turned the controller off and on and rebooted my Mac and still nothing. If anyone has found a fix please let me know. I have gig next Friday and I need a fix.

Thanks.

Update: I talked with Numark tech support and it looks like the controller needs to be serviced. The USB light not lighting up when the hardware is on and the Mac is not recognizing it. The USB ports on the mac works fine with other devices so they ruled out the Mac system. I wonder if its worth having it serviced if its going to cost as much as the hardware. Looking pretty grim.
menappi 12:28 AM - 30 December, 2014
I'm having this same issue but it's not the NS6 or my computer because I can get it to work if I reinstall my drivers. That lasts for a bit and then eventually it will stop working. When it stops working I try to turn the NS6 on and the lights on the unit flicker and flash and it doesn't detect. If I reinstall drivers and restart then it will start to work again. WTF..
J.A.Y 1:47 AM - 2 January, 2015
hi i did not no were else to post on here as iv just made an account so sorry if its no ok to post here.. but i really need help. iv just got a pair of numark ndx500 they are mapped to serato DJ. but serato DJ will not recognize them iv tryed every thing. iv tryed other DJ programs like virtual DJ and my ndx500 work with virtual DJ but need to be mapped and i cant do that find that to hard to do. i just don't no what to do because i bought the numark ndx500 because its a midi controller and is mapped to searto DJ but searto DJ wont connect to them.. iv got the free download version of serato DJ. do i need to buy the full version for my ndx500 to work ???? if someone could hep that wood be gd.. i will keep checking back here for a reply.. or you can email me at. jamie.mccoy2013@hotmail.co.uk
menappi 8:10 AM - 8 January, 2015
I recently was having major problems getting my NS6 detected and figured it out. It seemed to be spurratic, sometimes it would take me turning the unit on and off multiple times and sometimes just once and it would detect. I knew when it would or wouldn't detect though by looking at the illuminated buttons...when it would have problems the illuminated buttons would flicker rapidly...when it would connect no problem they wouldn't. My issue ended up being my AC adapter wasn't right..I bought this unit used and he gave me a power adapter that was under powering the device. Not sure if this will help anyone but make sure your adapter is ouputting 12V @ 2A. Hope this helps.
I RIZE TO THE TOP 12:32 PM - 11 January, 2015
was this problem fixed
I RIZE TO THE TOP 12:33 PM - 11 January, 2015
Quote:
I recently was having major problems getting my NS6 detected and figured it out. It seemed to be spurratic, sometimes it would take me turning the unit on and off multiple times and sometimes just once and it would detect. I knew when it would or wouldn't detect though by looking at the illuminated buttons...when it would have problems the illuminated buttons would flicker rapidly...when it would connect no problem they wouldn't. My issue ended up being my AC adapter wasn't right..I bought this unit used and he gave me a power adapter that was under powering the device. Not sure if this will help anyone but make sure your adapter is ouputting 12V @ 2A. Hope this helps.

This problem
menappi 9:24 PM - 11 January, 2015
Yes, a proper ac adaptor solved my issue with the ns6 not detecting.
I RIZE TO THE TOP 10:09 PM - 11 January, 2015
Quote:
I recently started using the Numark NS6 on away gigs where I can't always take my turntables. I was told that I would be able to use Serato DJ instead of Itch as my software for it, however once I load my serato Dj & connect the NS6 to my Mac via USB it will not detect it.

Was your problem fixed
by the this solution
Quote:
Yes, a proper ac adaptor solved my issue with the ns6 not detecting.
dawg1306 1:39 AM - 21 January, 2015
I wish the NS6 was DVS compatible..... anyone on here use it as a standalone mixer running timecoded vinyl using SDJ ????
I RIZE TO THE TOP 6:34 AM - 24 January, 2015
no but look at real dj blazes reviews he mentions the options with that,
but my vote is,any serato box from sl2 to sl4 is compatible with serato dj 1.6 and above
when serato dj 1.5 came out the only way to use time code was the srt,and the rane 64.Now
serato is upgrading some of the controllers alot of people have had like the n4,sx,mc6000mk2,and biggest of all the sz.But the answer to your question is yes but,you must have a separate sound card like the sl2 or 4,and serato dj 1.6 or above.
Asmith 6:15 AM - 12 April, 2015
Found a solution to this problem. It is the midi profile. Delete it and make a new one. Here is instructions:

support.serato.com
PoorSSL 11:13 PM - 25 April, 2015
I had the same problem, I downloaded and installed Serato Itch 2.2.2 and it detects my hardware every time in both Serato Itch and Serato DJ

Hope this helps

Quote:

Kittmaster 3:32 PM - 5 May, 2015
I'm seeing the same issue with my NS6 on both ITCH and DJ on yosemite 10.10.3
DJ MATRIX @ 3:30 PM - 5 July, 2015
TO BE HONEST I THINK SERATO GAVE UP ON NUMARK BECAUSE WE"VE BEEN HAVING ISSUES SINCE SERATO DJ 1.7.0 I THINK THEY ARE GEARING THEIR SOFTWARE TO PIONEER FROM WHAT IM NOTICING NS7 AND NS7 2 BEEN HAVING ALOT OF AUDIO DROP OUTS AND ALOT OF DISTORTION AND SIGNAL LOST FROM THE SOFTWARE AND ITS GETTING RIDICULUOS NOW HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO SAY WE ARE PROFESSIONAL WITH OUR HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE WHEN WE ARE ENCOUNTERING THESE CONSISTENT MASSIVE ISSUES THIS IS JUST PATHETIC NOW HONESTLY!!!!!!

matrix
DjSkitzophonic 10:46 AM - 1 August, 2015
i just got the paid version of serato and its not picking up my numark mixtrack pro 2, my laptops picking it up because all the lights come on but seratoe just says no compatible devices found.
can anybody tell me if the mixtrack pro 2 is compatible with serato version 1.5.1?? and if so how do i get around my problem??
Dash eye 1:47 AM - 2 August, 2015
I just got the ns6 and a new mac with OS X 10.10.4 and I had the same issue and was looking around all day and restarting my computer, deleted the midi setting and re-set them and nothing. I finally ran into the Numark site and got the newest driver for my ns6 and boom it worked! Hope this helps!
DjSkitzophonic 10:49 AM - 2 August, 2015
see its saying that the mixtrack pro 2 doesnt need any drivers installed :( ive deleted dj intro off my computer done all what you (dash eye) have done and still it says no compatible dj device connected :(
R_D_Cline 8:28 PM - 10 August, 2015
DJSKitz

first i think i would try every USB port on your laptop. i had a similar issue and there was only one USB port that would work with my laptop and my rig. second if that doesnt work maybe using a newer version of SDJ. i am using SDJ ver 1.7.3 and now i can use other USB ports on my laptop. also if you have not already; you should start a new help request. have you checked to make sure that your laptop meets or exceeds the minimum specs for running SDJ? i know in the past SDJ intro specs are different than full SDJ. Oh and another note is that earlier versions of SDJ had issues if you had other USB hardware connected to your laptop. So if this is the case try with only your rig plugged into the USB port. Hope you get your issue solved.
Luse Levi 7:37 AM - 24 October, 2015
Hey i hate to post here but can anyone help me out with my issue? serato.com
Luse Levi 7:38 AM - 24 October, 2015
Any help guys? serato.com
djbasdline 1:47 PM - 24 October, 2015
ns 6 fail to connect to laptop .was working for the past 2 years .untill 23/10/2015 .DRIVERS WERE updated same problem .help needed please ,have up coming gigs soon .
djbasdline 2:03 PM - 24 October, 2015
another problem ITCH .FAIL TO OPEN ALSO.
Asmith 4:08 AM - 25 October, 2015
What OS? @djbasdline
R_D_Cline 5:00 AM - 30 October, 2015
the only time i have had issues with itch and SDJ is when SDJ can not load the itunes library or using a version of itunes that is too new. Just saying that you may want to roll back your itunes or UNcheck the load i tunes library option. Good Luck Guys and please keep posting so we can learn how the issue was solved.
Asmith 2:52 AM - 3 November, 2015
Couldn't fix the virtual deck loading issue with the NS6. Got rid of it and bought the Numark NV. Works flawlessly without drivers. Sell your ns6 people
Marty J 8:21 AM - 7 November, 2015
My Win7 computer has no problem detecting the NS6 everything works fine except there is no sound coming out of my 3rd channel. I've tested the unit with virtual DJ 8 and it works fine so i know is not the unit. I deleted Serato and reinstall it still same problem. Is there anything you can recommend ? By the way for those having problems with this unit not being recognized delete the Numark software and reinstall it again that solved my problem also make sure you don't have your antivirus running while installing the software.
tomatoslice 2:30 AM - 14 February, 2016
i have had this problem twice on a late 2013 mbp.
it seemed to be a problem with the usb port.

both times i simply reset the pram, plugged in the ns6 and it worked fine.
Marty J 8:33 AM - 12 March, 2016
i reset the program and its been fine since then.
tomatoslice 9:47 PM - 21 March, 2016
Quote:
i have had this problem twice on a late 2013 mbp.
it seemed to be a problem with the usb port.

both times i simply reset the pram, plugged in the ns6 and it worked fine.

Quote:
i reset the program and its been fine since then.

buy the way i definitely meant PRAM. not program for any mac users.
Here's how to reset your PRAM:

1) Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.
2) Press the power button and then press command-option-p-r. ...
3) Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the startup chime.
4) Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally.
10:22 PM, 27 Apr 2016
1DJ Ran attached a file: 20160427_175449.jpg
View· Permalink
1DJ Ran 10:23 PM - 27 April, 2016
I've having the same problem with my Numark NS7. Running windows 7, and Serato DJ will not detect my hardware. Suggestions?