Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Use of an external Audio Interface

MJay 7:17 AM - 23 April, 2014
Actually, there is no possibilty to route the sound within the serato dj software to an external audio usb interface.

For me it's an essential feature, because I don't like the idea to have the sound interface and the controller in one device. I already have an high end sound interface, so I don't need a Controller with a high end sound interface. I would like to buy the reloop beatmix 4 and I will use my external usb soundinterface.

Why is this important feature not available in serato dj ?
ScullyDJServices 7:23 PM - 4 July, 2014
+1
giangixs 7:10 AM - 12 July, 2014
Please introduce this feature for those people that have an external audio card that sounds better than built-in controller audio card; I will buy serato only if you introduce this feature otherwise i'll choose other software that have this feature.

Regards
deejdave 5:47 AM - 2 August, 2014
May I ask how you will buy Serato and use a third party sound card when it is the sound cards themselves that have the licenses built into them? Serato does not do the activation key method nor do the support the "dongle" method. If they were to simply allow anyone to use a third party sound card with their software how are they making any money now?

Your logic is sound as there are many high quality sound cards out there. There just has to be a way for Serato to make their money as well here and I think you should be concentrating your efforts on that first. There was a time when i was using literally four six sound cards at one time with only one being supported. Two being my CDJ-2000Nexus's, Two being my CDJ-900's, one being my DJM-900Nexus & one being the SL4. I mean it was what it was and I dealt with it but it would have been nice to use any of the other 5. The point was I knew how Serato operated and I still chose to go with them for a reason. Then again I would have gone with the SL4 anyways as I always go with the native gear for compatibility reasons thus I now use a 900SRT or a Rane 64 primarily with my SZ/SX as secondaries.

Like I said though I feel the only solution to your problem would be an alternative licensing solution.
giangixs 7:42 PM - 3 August, 2014
I bought a Pioneer DDJ-SB controller with built-in audio card and Serato DJ Intro was included; I have also a Steinberg UR22 Audio for other appliances (music production); both DDJ-SB and UR22 are connected with 2 different stero lines to Tannoy Reveal 402 speaker; Serato DJ Intro don't permit me to use DDJ-SB for input and UR22 for output because audio routing are not permitted; so I've tried (14 days use) Serato DJ and I've noticed that also the full edition don't have the possibility to route audio through a different audio card bypassing controller built-in audio card.
deejdave 4:15 AM - 4 August, 2014
OK so you are suggesting as long as you DO have the supported interface (sound card, controller or mixer) plugged in as well? In that case hell yeah I support this 100%. The routing option SHOULD be there for you to use whatever sound card/s you wish. I mean as long as it is a at your own risk basis as I can guarantee compatibility issues here. I MEAN GUARANTEE too. Issue have come up from thuderbolt displays, hard drives.................... even plugging in the wrong mouse can create in issue.

It seems a bit inconvenient but I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. It is certainly weird I can use my Serato SL boxes with just about ANY other software but yet I can't use ANY other sound care with my Serato LOL. In the end I always prefer ( and I do try as many applications as I can even again when they release new versions) Serato products so it is a small price to pay but flexibility can NEVER be a bad thing.................... to a certain degree.
hohomay 3:22 PM - 7 February, 2015
Hi giangixs,

I have the same system and also want to use an external soundcard but not working so far. Have you come up with a solution yet?

Thanks
giangixs 3:31 PM - 7 February, 2015
unfortunately no
Quote:
Hi giangixs,

I have the same system and also want to use an external soundcard but not working so far. Have you come up with a solution yet?

Thanks

unfortunately no
hohomay 6:04 PM - 7 February, 2015
So you have to stick with the bulit-in soundcard, right?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 2:42 PM - 10 February, 2015
Hey MJay

if you're on a Mac, this is already possible, using this little trick:

support.serato.com

(you shold be able to use any other soundcard instead of the Macs internal speakers too)
deejdave 5:54 PM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:
(you shold be able to use any other soundcard instead of the Macs internal speakers too)

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ ......................... I did NOT know!! Pretty nifty.
hohomay 9:27 PM - 10 February, 2015
Thank you. It works!!
deejdave 9:34 PM - 10 February, 2015
Quote:
Thank you. It works!!

Did you try with just your Mac's built in sound or did you route to alternate (no Serato) sound card?
Sea Sounds 3:09 PM - 18 June, 2015
This is a great trick if I could only monitor the mix..

What is the point of having a controller for mixing if you can't use the monitors..

Need help!!! :'(
deejdave 8:54 PM - 18 June, 2015
Not following. That is what headphones are for. If your device does not have monitor out why not use the headphones output for your monitors.
Sea Sounds 10:53 PM - 18 June, 2015
I have a beatmix 4, but I want to use my Mbox 2 as the soundcard.

Since I suspect the sound quality is much higher, right?

Using the trick mentioned above, I can do so:

Master coming out of the stereo output of the Mbox 2.

The problem is that using this the aggregate device, now my Beatmix 4 does not allow me to monitor through the headphones anymore:

"Note: you will not be able to monitor with headphones when using the aggregate device."

Any advice?
deejdave 12:20 AM - 19 June, 2015
Without introducing a hardware based mixer I can not think of anything else ATM.
Tump 8:41 PM - 22 August, 2016
+1
Im new to Serato and this is the most surprising missing feature considering this is designed for pro use. Im sure many of us have complex setups and interfaces / DACs that outclass the controller built in sound cards. Also I sometimes use two controllers that both have sound output and Serato randomly choose one of them each time. Quite unbelievable there are no audio routing options.

P.S. Im on PC so cant use the Mac workaround. Anyway regardless, we shouldn't need workarounds for this.
deejdave 10:26 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
pro use.

Quote:
Im on PC

Kind of oxymoron's no? LMAO TOTALLY kidding. Love PC's too!! But you know peeps are quick to throw that out there!! LOL

+1 would be nice to see as I mentioned earlier.
Tump 5:54 AM - 23 August, 2016
Haha cheek! I suppose these Mac users dont get to experience asio4all and route sound to multiple cards at once so they don't demand this feature! ;D

On a serious note though maybe Serato doesn't include this feature because of licencing of the official controllers? I don't know but surely just having a licenced device plugged in is enough for it to "know" its licenced. It doesn't HAVE to send the sound out through it?
Or maybe they don't want to support people with this kind of setup because it can introduce serious latency. But that's easy, just have a disclaimer that they only support sound through their own official controllers and if you do your own routing then you are on your own buddy..

Either way I like the Serato back to basics style but I never seen any dj software or production software where you can't control the routing.
Kofi246 3:50 PM - 23 August, 2016
hey, I'm currently experiencing an issue where my reloop TM8 produces white noise from my headphones. The master is fine thought. Is there a way I can use the mac work around so I can cue in my headphones from an external soundcard. But keep the reloop as the master?
Dagobert 5:05 PM - 1 October, 2016
I would also very much like to see this feature - now with Ableton Link it makes even more sense to route the Serato Audio through Ableton for filtering.
mixgoonie 8:10 AM - 23 October, 2016
I like to have a compact controller but with a good external soundcard, so it is the only dj software that does not have that feature.

+1000000000
Laz219 8:03 AM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
Haha cheek! I suppose these Mac users dont get to experience asio4all and route sound to multiple cards at once so they don't demand this feature! ;D

On a serious note though maybe Serato doesn't include this feature because of licencing of the official controllers? I don't know but surely just having a licenced device plugged in is enough for it to "know" its licenced. It doesn't HAVE to send the sound out through it?
Or maybe they don't want to support people with this kind of setup because it can introduce serious latency. But that's easy, just have a disclaimer that they only support sound through their own official controllers and if you do your own routing then you are on your own buddy..

Either way I like the Serato back to basics style but I never seen any dj software or production software where you can't control the routing.

It's a reference that is often made but I feel fair- Serato operate very similar to apple, as in "let's keep a small loop of software/hardware available that we can support, rather than a free-for-all where everybody is trying to sort out niche issues with complicated setups"

Your suggestion of a simple disclaimer is fair, but look at the issues when there is a Mac OS update, no matter how many times people are told 'do not update, unsupported' a huge group always will and then bitch at Serato (or NI, or Pio, or Rane etc) when it doesn't work right.

I can see the benefit of this option (it would have saved me occasionally) but I can also see why the complications aren't worth it to implement. Especially when it comes to controllers like the previously mentioned SB- 99% of the people buying that, it's probably their first bit of gear (or a backup) so being able to route through multiple hardware isn't even going to cross their mind.
Hanginon 12:50 PM - 24 October, 2016
Quote:
I like to have a compact controller but with a good external soundcard, so it is the only dj software that does not have that feature.

+1000000000

+1000000001
djBooker 3:16 AM - 29 October, 2016
Quote:

+1000000000

+10000000000000000000
mixgoonie 2:05 PM - 12 March, 2017
And Serato, no update on this one ?

Seriously ?

Traktor, VDJ, Mixvibes Cross, DJay Pro and ALL the others has that functionality....

Put it as a paid plugin if you desire to win more money...
Tump 8:30 AM - 13 March, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

It's a reference that is often made but I feel fair- Serato operate very similar to apple, as in "let's keep a small loop of software/hardware available that we can support, rather than a free-for-all where everybody is trying to sort out niche issues with complicated setups"

Your suggestion of a simple disclaimer is fair, but look at the issues when there is a Mac OS update, no matter how many times people are told 'do not update, unsupported' a huge group always will and then bitch at Serato (or NI, or Pio, or Rane etc) when it doesn't work right.

I can see the benefit of this option (it would have saved me occasionally) but I can also see why the complications aren't worth it to implement. Especially when it comes to controllers like the previously mentioned SB- 99% of the people buying that, it's probably their first bit of gear (or a backup) so being able to route through multiple hardware isn't even going to cross their mind.

What you say makes sense. But this software is supposed to be professional grade(Its says that all over their site). I think a professional in this business should be able to cope with setting up his sound card. What if you are using more than one controller with sound? I found Serato gets confused with it. So actually If I could just tell it what sound out to use it would be better and more stable.

It doesnt cause any big problems on Traktor or Rekordbox. Rekordbox is what I use now, its far more flexible. I have an AKAI AMX. I like the controller but I dont always want to use the sound from it. All the other software allows me to do this but not Serato.
mixgoonie 9:34 AM - 13 March, 2017
VDJ, Traktor, Djay Pro, Mixvibes, Blaze DJ and other, all these has been tested with ax external soundcard and works perfectly fine.

I love my Denon MC 2000 but clearly, my Audio DJ2/8 sound much better.

Compact setup with very good soundcard is a cheap way to provide a good sound for not to many money.
dj_clavis 7:37 AM - 8 May, 2017
All (pro-)audio software I know got the possibility go changing the Audio-Device. I don't have missed that in serato since I planed to route the Mastermix through an software-EQ for room correction. Till now its possible, so

+100!

cheers
dj_clavis 7:40 AM - 8 May, 2017
EDIT:

All (pro-)audio software I know got the possibility OF changing the Audio-Device.

Till now its NOT possible!

(sorry, it was the f***in auto-correct)
mixgoonie 8:43 AM - 30 May, 2017
Since Serato is not looking in this forums, i advise to sent a request thought their support system.

Which soundcard would like to use if you had the choice ?

I personally want to use Audio DJ2 or the Audiohub 2x4.

I like the idea to use Audiohub 2x4 to be able to connect a mouse on the USB hub of the soundcard.
Julien Music 1:19 PM - 1 June, 2017
+1 I'm a professionnal musician, totaly new in the DJ world I have amazing external audio interfaces such as RME or Prism Sound and I didn't even imagine before to buy serato there would be no way to just change the audio interface in the audio setup like in any DAW so that I don't use the bad sound engine of my DJ controller that's just crazy...
This implies that a simple Itunes playlist is going to sound 10 times better on a party than the mix coming out of my controller, it just doesn't make any sens, come on Serato guys, you're the industry standard, you should really work on this feature!
You just have to make a mapper to route the in and outs of the differents controller to the audio interfaces.
pleaaaase!
Best Julien
mixgoonie 1:23 PM - 1 June, 2017
Send a message to the support for this request, it is the only way they do listen.

I am not sure by the way that you could use the soundcard used in the DAW if you only have one output, generally for DJ software, you need multiple outputs working in ASIO for WIndows or Core audio on Macos.
Julien Music 1:30 PM - 1 June, 2017
Hi mix goonie! Thanks for the answer !
What you say is pretty fun I did the request to the support and they say:
"That does sound like a cool idea, but Serato DJ needs to connect to the soundcard of the compatible/supported hardware"...
"Please feel free to make any suggestions for future features in the Feature Suggestions area on Serato.com"
lol I guess we just have to wait ;)
my audio interface has 8 output and input by the way it's much more than my controller ;)
I'm pretty blown away by the fact that sound quality is actually far less a priority than having strange FX features...
Best,
mixgoonie 1:53 PM - 1 June, 2017
The answer you did receive is completely wrong, JESUS.

Any soundcard on Mac is working with Coreaudio like you use Coreaudio for any music player on.

On Windows you don't have the choice to use Asio since it is the only way to obtain low latencies. All dj software can use ASIO, even with soundcard of 1€ since Asio4all does exist.

So, this seems to be a stupid answer...

Put this as paid plugin so it remains a good business model.

Seen how slow Serato DJ put new features, we are not ready to see this one included...
deejdave 4:02 PM - 1 June, 2017
The Mac solution is a workaround and not an actual supprted feature which is why they offer some hints on the topic but do not actually list it as a feature.

Furthermore serato does not take actual direct feedback on feature requests and this (forum) is the only real way to gain any traction on new feature requests assuming it is backed by a decent amount of users. Being most (not saying all) power users who use utilize serato are on Mac just by nature this may not be all that high of a priority hence this may not ever get ye attention it deserves. While I do personally wish this was a feature I am just being realistic.
Julien Music 7:51 AM - 2 June, 2017
Hi Deejdave,

Thankyou for your answer, maybe I missed something, what is the workaround you're talking about?
Thanks,

Julien
M.adaM 6:31 PM - 7 June, 2017
Why I just can choose the different outputs when I have the Serato HW and the other card?
main from this, booth from that headphones from whatever.... only this and only with supported Serato HW also connected.
deejdave 7:30 PM - 7 June, 2017
Quote:
Why I just can choose the different outputs when I have the Serato HW and the other card?
main from this, booth from that headphones from whatever.... only this and only with supported Serato HW also connected.

Not sure if you are asking why you can't just use whatever output you want but if so the answer is quite obviously because serato does not support this................... hence this feature request??

Quote:
Hi Deejdave,

Thankyou for your answer, maybe I missed something, what is the workaround you're talking about?
Thanks,

Julien

support.serato.com was already linked in this very thread.
DVB 7:51 PM - 13 June, 2017
Hello,

I am trying to play my VCI-380 off of my macbookpro. I read the post about adding an aggregate device and can not hear anything. Am I missing something? I followed the steps and nothing happens.

Here is the link I followed. support.serato.com

Thank you,
DVB
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:25 PM - 4 July, 2017
- create new aggregate device
- name aggregate device 'VCI-380' (or what the hardware you use is called in the list)
- enable checkbox for 'built in output' in the aggregate device.
- restart Serato DJ

that should be it
mixgoonie 10:34 AM - 17 July, 2017
Great, we don't all use Macos... also try this with a Audio DJ 4/6/8/2 where every output is shown as one soundcard and not as one soundcard.

All DJ software has that feature, why is it so hard to implement it ?
mixgoonie 2:34 PM - 5 September, 2017
3 years later.... no update...
deejdave 4:28 PM - 5 September, 2017
You are making it sound like serato had previously promised this to us or something. The update is this is not a feature of sdj.
mixgoonie 9:23 PM - 6 September, 2017
I know they did not promise anything BUT, every other DJ software has that possibility, even Mixxx which is free.
deejdave 9:30 PM - 6 September, 2017
I would hope Mixxx had this option as what would they support if they did not :) I get it though and I do hope this is considered at some point.
mixgoonie 11:11 AM - 11 September, 2017
I am specially thinking as backup, many people do have a backup controller and having the possibility to use a much better soundcard is really a big +.

Because crash of laptop, midi controller, laptop, that can happen ;)
Dj cuervo 5:54 PM - 11 September, 2017
The use of any sound card that meets the approve Serato Spec would be a game charger!!! This would open up a New world of DJs who can use Serato without buying new hardware only the Serato software license. That would be dope!!! There maybe some legal issues with the approved hardware providers. This will allow Serato to keep some market share if companies like Pioneer or InMusic decide to create their own software for their new hardware.
deejdave 7:11 PM - 11 September, 2017
Yeah I don't think pioneer or denon will be developing any software for their hardware anytime soon lol.
Dj cuervo 1:23 PM - 12 September, 2017
Quote:
Yeah I don't think pioneer or denon will be developing any software for their hardware anytime soon lol.

Right !! :)
Hanginon 9:55 AM - 13 September, 2017
Separating the hardware and software also lowers the possibility of a change in one negatively impacting the other.
djBooker 11:47 PM - 28 November, 2017
Any ETA on this basic feature?
Aneux 8:48 PM - 29 December, 2018
Hi everyone!
I understand the need for licensing and the support capability of software and hardware by Serato. However, the optiin to use an external soundcard would surely open up a new area of customer.
I have a Pioneer ddj-sb3, I bought this not to do dj sets and live performances, but to add custom scratches to my Ableton mixes, but cannot run the controller through my Focusrite Scarlett interface. My Akai MPC has an internal card but has the option to disable. This would be a sensible option.
Can you use Serato with a controller without a souncard?
Kinbit 1:34 AM - 8 February, 2019
I ordered a pair of vinyls thinking I could then proceed to buy Serato and use it with any interface. I had to cancel my order after reading this thread. I'd buy Serato if it allowed the use of any sound card. I'll stick to Traktor meanwhile.
deejdave 3:43 AM - 8 February, 2019
You could always just buy something like the Denon DS1 or Akai AMX for not too much more and be good to go. I understand what you are saying but just mentioning in case it is the cost issue alone.
Bornd Fono 10:36 AM - 8 February, 2019
Opening up Serato to all soundcards would boost the software soooo much. I would, with pleasure, pay for all necessary licenses to have this freedom!
Despo 1:05 AM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:
Opening up Serato to all soundcards would boost the software soooo much. I would, with pleasure, pay for all necessary licenses to have this freedom!

+1000
Ron Morin 2:28 PM - 15 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

+1000

here, here...

Has to happen...
Bornd Fono 4:04 PM - 15 February, 2019
Nice to see that so many ppl are on the same side here with this!
nova74 4:35 AM - 24 February, 2019
Serato really needs to make this happen...
dj_krono 9:28 AM - 26 March, 2019
Quote:

+1 (DEFINITELY)
GMous 9:50 AM - 26 March, 2019
+1
We need this!
Bornd Fono 1:52 AM - 31 March, 2019
Quote:
Hey Serato,

Just watched you "Studio Beta" promo video where one of your employees explicitly said . . .

"It's the way we do things at Serato, everything HAS TO BE CUSTOMER DRIVEN!!! It's the only way to make things that we know people are going to love because they helped us design it."

Serato would increase user subscriptions and garner way more respect from the top industry professionals if the software wasn't so limited or restraining in many ways. Please reconsider your current business model because saying you are CUSTOMER DRIVEN and proving not to be over the years continues to erode the foundation you have so proudly built your company upon.

True words.
Hanginon 1:57 PM - 31 March, 2019
Quote:
"It's the way we do things at Serato, everything HAS TO BE CUSTOMER DRIVEN!!! It's the only way to make things that we know people are going to love because they helped us design it."

That's got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on this Forum!
Papa Midnight 3:07 PM - 8 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

That's got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on this Forum!

lol.

"Customer Driven".

That's a good one. Let me know when Day Mode comes back. You know... the feature request that is 7+ years old.

serato.com
serato.com
GMous 12:26 PM - 3 June, 2019
It's time to have this feature suggestion with Serato Play!
waxrotation 6:18 PM - 4 June, 2019
Hi guys quick question if u could help? Can you one channel on thru mode and the second channel from serato on the lap top??? Or is thru mode either on both channels or no channels? I want to purchase but only if I can mix both at the same time

Thanks in advance!
Laz219 12:40 AM - 5 June, 2019
Each deck operates independently in that regard, you can be using any mode (ABS/REL/INT/THRU) on any deck, regardless of what you're using on other decks.
DJ G-ZEE 6:50 PM - 14 June, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have a question.

I am interested in buying the Denon DS1 and I was also looking to buy the Serato DJ Essentials (Club-Kit). After doing some research I believe the Denon DS1 comes with Serato DJ Essentials (Club-Kit).

Whats confusing me is, if the Denon DS1 is plug and play meaning Serato is only activated while using the Denon DS1. Does this mean to use the Serato DJ Essentials (Club-Kit) on the Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, I won't have a licence?

I don't want to buy the Serato DJ Essentials Package if its included with the Denon DS1.

Hope that made sense. Can anybody from Serato or in this Forum shed some light for me please?

Thanks
DJMIYAGI 10:59 PM - 14 June, 2019
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I have a question.

I am interested in buying the Denon DS1 and I was also looking to buy the Serato DJ Essentials (Club-Kit). After doing some research I believe the Denon DS1 comes with Serato DJ Essentials (Club-Kit).

Whats confusing me is, if the Denon DS1 is plug and play meaning Serato is only activated while using the Denon DS1. Does this mean to use the Serato DJ Essentials (Club-Kit) on the Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, I won't have a licence?

I don't want to buy the Serato DJ Essentials Package if its included with the Denon DS1.

Hope that made sense. Can anybody from Serato or in this Forum shed some light for me please?

Thanks

The DS1 will unlock Serato DJ Pro and DVS when using the hardware. You would still need the Club kit to use the 900NXS2 with SDJ Pro and DVS
Smoothstavo 3:33 AM - 19 August, 2019
Dammit, man. So here I am. I just got done buying an RME Fireface 802, and my goal was to have my laptop running Ableton with my Push, using the Fireface, as well as my Numark NS7ii running itself with its built-in soundcard, as an out to the Fireface, to make sweet, multi platformed music for live sets, "under the same roof"... yet Serato DJ Pro doesn't allow any configuration, other than arbritrary, of its own audio interfaces. And I'm reading all the other posts before me, going back years, and I can see they still haven't resolved this need. It seems elementary, no? Serato's engineers need to tighten up... it seems, now, I have to add another portable pc into the mix. That really shouldn't be necessary.
Bornd Fono 6:24 AM - 29 August, 2019
This should be one of the top things on the list of the dev team at Serato.
NoCo 7:53 PM - 9 October, 2019
The ability to select which soundcard the master audio goes to is long overdue.

When practising, I'd appreciate the ability to use my USB speakers that my PC is hooked up to, so that there wouldn't be any annoying hum.

To implement this, a dropdown selector could be added to the audio or mixer setup screens.

And like others have said, I'd be willing to pay for this as an expansion pack.
M.adaM 3:39 AM - 11 October, 2019
Just make this happen and add a 10-20$ pack for it. Many of the users will buy it happily.
Why do I get forced to use the crappy integrated soundcard if I have an RME, Halo, Apogee etc. soundcard?

This is why I never bought Serato, neither their SL boxes.
Unfortunately my NS7II came with it, so here am I, but not for long as the things -not really- happening at this company.
Is there a Dutch investor there who supports the Dev team with some kind of stoney ganja, or why the f$#@ can I see 10 years old feature requests everywhere?
Lazy motherf$#@ers.
Bornd Fono 12:33 PM - 13 October, 2019
Quote:
Is there a Dutch investor there who supports the Dev team with some kind of stoney ganja, or why the f$#@ can I see 10 years old feature requests everywhere?
Lazy motherf$#@ers.

This guy has no chill. :D
GMous 12:09 PM - 15 October, 2019
Serato can't add this feature request for years or maybe chooses to ignore ?
Bornd Fono 5:12 PM - 25 October, 2019
Quote:
Serato can't add this feature request for years or maybe chooses to ignore ?

We all don't know if they chose to ignore it or just don't think it's important... for my part: I see ppl changing to recordbox a lot due to this (and other reasons) and I fear if Serato does not bring this feature in the near future they might have to learn this lesson in a very hard way!

Things have changed in the last 5 years and Serato is just not the unquestioned king in the business anymore as which they seem to see themself.
GMous 11:58 AM - 31 October, 2019
@Bornd Fono 100% true :-)
Bornd Fono 10:12 AM - 8 November, 2019
Quote:
100% true :-)

Thanks. I really can't understand why Serato has not implemented this as an expansian pack long time ago. A LOT of people would be willing to throw a ton of money towards them for this feature...
Spychiatrist 8:43 PM - 27 December, 2019
Absolutely agreed, this is desperately needed! I have an extremely high end soundcard & it's a bummer I can't use it. As long as they use their hardware controllers as the "dongle" so to speak, I don't see why it's a problem to allow it. A no brainer!
GMous 11:11 AM - 2 January, 2020
New Year, New Decade and the Searto dev team doesn't listen us.... :-)
GMous 11:11 AM - 2 January, 2020
New Year, New Decade and the Searto dev team doesn't listen us.... :-)
Bornd Fono 6:41 PM - 2 January, 2020
Yeah, Serato being "customer driven" is the biggest lie in the industry. If so, this forum would not be full with 5-7 year old requests for basic functions every other competitor brought to the table long time ago...

But let's just accept things like they are. I personally have changed to recordbox dj for most gigs and I am totally not regretting this and others in my surrounding have done the same
Res1s7 6:09 PM - 16 May, 2020
Would love this as well. Could the lack of it be the hardware licensing model ? If so I don't see why, like all the other features, it would be unlocked by plugging in authorised hardware.

Anyway reason I noticed this thread is that I was looking to extend audio input functionality such as being able to mix in something I just found in Firefox by routing it to Serato DJ. Same with DAW's. I'd like to route in instruments from FL Studio. I don't know if there's an established way of doing that in Windows. There is ReaRoute (REAPER) as well as ReWire. There's also Jack Audio for Windows but its not really fully developed in Windows yet (but could be if a company like Serato got involved). I suppose routing out of the motherboard sound card to an external audio interface and then back in Serato DJ would work but there are other possibilities here.
Bornd Fono 6:17 AM - 17 May, 2020
If you are on a mac "Loopback Audio" is the tool you are looking for.
Res1s7 11:13 AM - 18 May, 2020
Quote:
If you are on a mac "Loopback Audio" is the tool you are looking for.

Yes. But I'm using Windows 10. Realtek has a "Stereo Mix" device that can be used for some loop back operations using the Realtek sound card but that's about it. My Roland DJ-202 has two sound devices. Master Output and Cue Output but due to them using ASIO drivers other applications cannot access the audio because ASIO has exclusive access. There is ASIO4ALL but changing from the official Roland ASIO driver means losing functions meant for Serato DJ.
fabien32 6:17 AM - 12 October, 2020
Quote:

+100000000000000000
fabien32 6:18 AM - 12 October, 2020
Your big advantage over Traktor is not enough when you limit user to the internal Dac of the console you support, If only you made your software to support ASIO4ALL, a all lot of DJ would use your software. With all do respect, there are superior Dac that can be used.
Cheers