Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Rane 62 Fader Bleed post 1.6 Software and Firmware upgrade

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane Sixty-Two
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Mighty Dragon Sounds 5:24 AM - 24 February, 2014
I am experiancing what appears to be software related crossfader problems. I doubt that this is a hall sensor problem. These are the newer type of faders that don't have the torsion bar and this only started happening after the 1.6 upgrade and it seems to happen when engaging instant doubles. I have yet to be able to replicate this when playing on two decks.

1) When instant doubling, I would pull the crossfader from Channel 1 to Channel 2..... (Left to Right)

2) Both channels would play despite confirm that I am indeed all the way to one side. I would turn down the cut in knob and it wouldn't work.

3) The only thing that fixes this problem would be to quickly re-engage the crossfader from Channel 2 to Channel 1 (Right to Left in a quick chirp motion) and then the channels would isolate.

4) I have opened up the unit and inspected all the faders, cleaned and lubed, checked all the hall sensors, everything seems to be in place.

5) So far tonight I have been able to replicate this about a dozen times and I strongly believe that this is Software/Firmware related. I cannot replicate this on 2 decks nor can I replicate it with real vinyl playing thru mode.

Please help.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:07 AM - 24 February, 2014
Wait.... I think I solved it....

I did the recalibration thingy where you hold down both cues and power down for 5 seconds and power up......

Since then I haven't been able to replicate it........ But I will continue to try.... With my luck it may happen again at my next gig? We'll see.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 7:52 PM - 24 February, 2014
Ok so far on a little session I had this afternoon I haven't been able to replicate this occurrence after my calibration but.....

we all know that things tend to happen at the worst times in uncontrolled environments so lets see if this happens during my live show tonight.....

If nothing happens I'll close it out.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:14 PM - 24 February, 2014
Ok.... it did it again tonight... Just as I suspected...... 2 minutes into a live show.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:20 AM - 25 February, 2014
Checked the hall sensors and noticed one of them was canted just slightly out of center......

Straightened up both sides and re-installed.... re-calibrated..... and it went without incident until towards the end of my radio show.....

Swapped out the cross fader with Channel 1s Fader and completed the rest of the show......

No incidences yet.... will see what happens tomorrow.... May have to order another Crossfader.
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:12 PM - 25 February, 2014
Hm.. ok.. let us know your findings:)
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:40 PM - 25 February, 2014
30 minute session during my afternoon lunch break and the crossfader that was suspected at giving me problems was re-located to Channel 1 and Channel 1s fader is now my primary crossfader...

30 minutes and no incident.

Will give it another go tonight when I am on air.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:19 AM - 28 February, 2014
Ok.... Its gotta be firmware.... It just did it to me twice tonight at a gig...... I recalibrated..... And still does it..... Help!!!!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:22 AM - 28 February, 2014
Just did it to me again...... :-( 4th time tonight.... Please dont tell me after all these years i have a defective rane..... :-(
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:58 AM - 28 February, 2014
5th and 6th time...... Its not too big of a deal but its definitely a vibe killer.... Feel like cutting this gig short tonight... :-(
K DoGG 3:30 AM - 1 March, 2014
Same thing happened to me after firmware update. thought it was faders and even had rane send me some new slider asemblies but same thing was happening. I have just rolled back to firmware 1.17 dj.rane.com. Did not have any issues at last nights gig but tonight I will use one deck and instant doubles to test as this is where i normally had the problem. will keep u updated.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 5:21 AM - 1 March, 2014
Going into another gig tonight....... This club just doesn't allow me the space to have both decks like the other ones so again, I'm doing instant double tonight...

One thing I will try different is clicking and draging the songs to instant double. Normally I would double tap the load button on my mixer to instant double it. Lets see if this makes a difference.

Will note if and how many times this "error" happens..... This thing is definitely firmware and not mechanical.
djThong 12:23 AM - 12 October, 2014
Hi, I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Were you able to resolve this issue?

Thanks for the feedback!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:58 PM - 13 October, 2014
Hey everyone...... I haven't given any updates in a while......... reason being is that I replaced my crossfader with an Innofader (Ducks angry mob).... I have not experienced any problems related to the fader bleed but the inno has its own issues with grounding so its like a win.... but at a cost as well.

But i still hold onto my stock as backup so I will do a swap this next coming weekend and see if I experience any more issues.
PopRoXxX 6:09 PM - 14 October, 2014
This happend to me for the first time last night while using SSL 2.5 with the 62 and its latest firmware update 2.21. Wasn't cool
djgreg2hype 7:10 PM - 17 October, 2014
i did the re calibrate and mine has been good so far but i had that same issue with mine. also now crying that i did the yosemite install since it came out yesterday did a clean install and driver for rane sixty two will NOT connect
PopRoXxX 7:53 PM - 17 October, 2014
I'll have to look into the re-calibration method maybe. Hasn't happened to me since that one time with no re-calibration

As for the Yosemite issue, only 1.6.3 drivers with updated 2.21 firmware works as of right now. Look at my posts here: serato.com
djgreg2hype 5:35 PM - 18 October, 2014
poproxxx thank you sir! i will have to go back 1.6.3
Russ Billington 11:36 PM - 24 December, 2014
Guys I have already bought the 57 and SL3, both are registered on my account on this site - i have just purchased the 62, how do i register it, im sure last time it was automatic ?

Russ
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:46 PM - 30 December, 2014
You need to register your 62 here --> www.rane.com
You don't register it on Serato's site.
Russ Billington 7:42 PM - 3 January, 2015
Thanks Zach
kevin cordon 7:39 AM - 14 April, 2015
Hi!!
Is it interesting to load the last version of serato with a rane 62???
Jump the loop is ok on it...
And they re don t tell of this mixer...
2:00 AM, 29 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.