Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ/ OS X Yosemite DP

Deejay Rich 4:54 AM - 6 June, 2014
hey guys has anyone tried the new OS X Yosemite developer preview with Serato DJ.
DJ Quartz 10:50 AM - 6 June, 2014
I was thinking of trying it and decided that I didn't want to frig up a working setup. Not to say it wouldn't work.
Dj Ricky Redz 2:33 PM - 6 June, 2014
Running it now... the os itself is pretty buggy but i opened SDJ in offline mode, loaded up my huge library and it was smooth. organising some crates and all was well. Will do a test with my controller later.
MannyD209 3:46 PM - 6 June, 2014
I might give it a try this weekend. I'll report back once I run it in a practice session.
Deejay Rich 5:32 PM - 6 June, 2014
Thanks guys for the response
Djheartbeat 8:26 PM - 6 June, 2014
I'll try it now and give a feedback after this night here at Germany.
(Using MacBook Pro 13" 2012)
Djheartbeat 2:46 AM - 7 June, 2014
I worked with serato Dj for more than six hours via OSX Yosemite: there have been no problems, no stuckings or other issues.
Deejay Rich 5:10 PM - 20 June, 2014
Hey guys after reading ur comments tried it for myself, so I installed Yosemite and connected the 62 it's not reading mixer meaning its not connecting to serato dj
HV 11:43 AM - 8 July, 2014
Hey brothers!

I'm testing with OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 3, and it is not working with any controller. Offline mode works fine but when you connect your controller it is not detecting any.
Dj Ricky Redz 12:12 PM - 8 July, 2014
which controller are you using? @HV
HV 2:00 PM - 8 July, 2014
I'm using Pioneer DDJ SB and Mixtrack Pro
Dj Ricky Redz 2:10 PM - 8 July, 2014
will be testing it with my ns6 and ddj sx tomorrow and let u know the outcome. trying to figure out which controllers have this issue.
Maverick19868 7:42 AM - 23 July, 2014
any update on the controller issue? was thinking of trying the DP on my macbook but if it's not working with controllers then would be a waste of time.
KLEPTO671 10:19 AM - 25 July, 2014
Any news? I really want to try the beta...
DJ Rukus Vibe 7:55 PM - 25 July, 2014
I am testing SDJ 1.6.3 & my DDJ-SZ with yosemite. WOW! kinda horrible out the gate. Heavy CPU load, audio drop outs, crackles, and man is it louder.
Sound is distorted across the spectrum. Pitch is waffling around bad. Even at idle after a full song play through, the drop out indicator stays red.
Clearly Serato has their work cut out to get SDJ fully compatible with yosemite. My advice, don't waste your time and upgrade to the beta if you are actively gigging right now. too risky.

I don't have anything booked for a while, unfortunately. So I can keep the beta and supply feedback to Apple and others during the test.
any questions, shoot them to me at info@rukusvibe.com
Flow-T 9:33 PM - 25 July, 2014
everything fine with: serato dj, ddj-sp1 & yosemite

greetz
KLEPTO671 2:55 AM - 27 July, 2014
Using a Macbook Air 1.4 GHZ Intel Core i5 8GB Ram. Upgraded to Yosemite and used Serato DJ with my DDJ-SZ and everything ran smoothly.
daff 1:47 PM - 27 July, 2014
Hi All,

has anyone tried with the Scratch Live software?

Cheers
Dj Mikey d 10:01 PM - 28 July, 2014
anybody try a 900SRT with the new mbp retinas?
djfreefall 7:43 AM - 30 July, 2014
Working good on my Haswell Retina MPB running 10.10. on my SZ and my SL2 Just experiencing my usual once a gig random USB drop on SDJ but other than that no major issues.
Dj Mikey d 6:59 AM - 31 July, 2014
Quote:
Working good on my Haswell Retina MPB running 10.10. on my SZ and my SL2 Just experiencing my usual once a gig random USB drop on SDJ but other than that no major issues.

I remember you had the same issues as me with your new rmbp and DJM900SRT... Nothing more to report with the 900 and 10.10
Dj Ricky Redz 3:36 PM - 2 August, 2014
12hrs running Yosemite on a 2010 15" MBP with numark v7s... no issue whatsoever and i do have a huge library!
Dj Ricky Redz 3:37 PM - 2 August, 2014
also ran a ns6 with it for about 3-4 hrs with no issues!
Dj Mikey d 12:49 AM - 4 August, 2014
good to hear
Deejay Rich 2:06 AM - 4 August, 2014
how come I can't get mine to work I did a clean install of serato dj and 62 firmware and still dose not read the mixer and connecting to serato dj.
dpetree 2:50 PM - 9 August, 2014
Do you have the Developer Preview or the free Public Beta?

I just installed the new Dev Preview (DP5), and all good here (just like everyone else) but I'm running DDJ-SX/Serato DJ

It might be the Firmware/drivers of the 62. I scanned through the post again and out of everyone saying its working fine, no one has said they have a 62... So, it must have something to do with that.
willson 2:37 PM - 10 August, 2014
i haven't got any gigs lined up for a while but i am dying to install the os x yosemite beta.... i hav a mac mini late 2012, 16GB RAM and intel quad core I7 2.3GHz. i have back up my main music folder and now want to install it... can anybody please tell me if it will work ok with sera to dj and a ddi sx?????
willson 2:38 PM - 10 August, 2014
DDJ-SX***
Deejay Rich 6:09 AM - 11 August, 2014
Hey dpetree
I'm running the Develop Preview beta 5 for Yosemite, and you might be right it could just be the 62 mixer
DJ Dizzy Dee 6:47 AM - 11 August, 2014
@ DJHeartbeat..

Are you using a controller? Or Control Vinyl? This is VERY important so the developers know where they have to focus on. Thanks for your time.
Futuretek 12:40 AM - 17 August, 2014
with DP 5 I'm having a bunch of dropouts that I wasn't getting with the public beta will continue to play around for a while more and see what happens I have a early 2011 macbook pro i5 with 8gb ram. Ive used a ddj-sx and and a sl3 with this so far
Dj Ricky Redz 12:56 PM - 17 August, 2014
i think you all should wait until its released officially! I've been using it on a separate partition and noticed that even though serato dj runs great on it for me and a lot of others, it very buggy as an overall os (remember its still a preview!).
HV 12:45 PM - 19 August, 2014
Friendly reminder: Install Yosemite developer preview at your own risk. It is still in development so make sure when you install the OS, you install it on a separate partition or hard drive.
Bryan S 3:41 PM - 20 August, 2014
has anybody tested with a DDJ-SX by any chance?
Tom Souris 12:06 PM - 21 August, 2014
Hey,

tried it last weekend with a "normal" setup.
Macbook Pro i7 SSD 2012 (no retina)
Pioneer Setup
Load my tracks from my iTunes Libery and used Scratch Live
Everything worked fine, no lags etc...

Somebody tried it with HID?
dj dima-x 5:39 PM - 24 August, 2014
Hey

HV you find solution with ddj-sb on yosemite?
Vander Dias 9:11 PM - 31 August, 2014
Fala galera,

Estou usando a DDJ SX com beta2 para publico, o video não funciona mais.....

MacPro 13" 8GB 2010
HV 6:19 AM - 1 September, 2014
Hi Dima,

Nope, Until now there's no solution but to wait for Serato to announce the full support for Yosemite.

I'll test again once they have update for Developer Preview.
dj dima-x 1:39 PM - 3 September, 2014
hi HV

i try today with beta and i see if they work the ddj-sb
acoustyx 1:56 PM - 7 September, 2014
Do not upgrade to the latest beta software of Yosemite 10.10, your hardware will not be recognised!

Running MBA 2014 with SL3 2013.
acoustyx 10:06 PM - 9 September, 2014
Yosemite Beta 2 doesn't recognise SL3 hardware when using Serato DJ but it does recognise it and works fine when using Serato Scratch Live.
dj dima-x 3:40 PM - 11 September, 2014
i try and its not work i go back on lion :)
boabmatic 10:37 AM - 16 September, 2014
See the information from serato on yosemite here..

serato.com
dj dima-x 6:24 AM - 17 September, 2014
hi

HV try with yosemite dp8 he work smouth !!!! on my ddj-sb thenks
Philmixit 4:13 PM - 17 September, 2014
I tested with OS X Yosemite with serato dj work very nice no problem, I play it for two hours
last night. On the new mark NS 72. for me i think it work better than be four, meaning on the version Maverick,
lofty 4:43 PM - 17 September, 2014
you guys worrying - I just updated to mavericks 2 days ago :P
Kalus 8:14 PM - 1 October, 2014
Attention!

The DDJ-SX with SDJ 1.7 is NOT COMPATIBLE yet!

Testet it on GM1 / Public Beta 4 of yosemite. It works as an soundcard, but sdj has problems to connect to the ddj-sx.

Luckily you can create partitions on your running HD/SSD in Mac.
Open up Disk Utility > Mark HDD/SSD > Partition > "+" > and add an partition. Install Mavericks on this Partition, copy your library and there you are.
Kalus 8:17 PM - 1 October, 2014
Scratch Live + SL1 on Yosemite GM 1 / Public Beta 4 runs fine!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:50 AM - 2 October, 2014
Hey guys

Thanks for testing things out, but I want to drop the official word here that we do not support OS X 10.10 Yosemite at this stage.

That said, it's really interesting to hear your results :)

@HV and others trying to connect USB powered controllers (DDJ-SB, Mixtrack Pro etc.) try steps 4 and 5 in this troubleshooting guide: support.serato.com.

Aaron
DJ S TEE 6:55 PM - 9 October, 2014
anyone tested Serato DJ with SL2 mine doesn't seem to work
Zender 3:34 PM - 10 October, 2014
I tried with the last GM2 of Yosemite, the controller itself is well detected by OsX (Pioneer DDJ-SR).

Serato opens quite fast, loads all my crates (some huge ones)...all in offline mode.

Searto never ever detects the controller, so I guess driver problem or serato?
Whatever, will have to find a trick !

Anybody has a solution?

FWIW: Not to troll, I'm also a VDJ 8 PRO user, and it detects the controller and works well.
Zender 3:38 PM - 10 October, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys

Thanks for testing things out, but I want to drop the official word here that we do not support OS X 10.10 Yosemite at this stage.

@HV and others trying to connect USB powered controllers (DDJ-SB, Mixtrack Pro etc.) try steps 4 and 5 in this troubleshooting guide: support.serato.com.

Aaron

I will try and get back if any luck ;) thanks.
Mr. Goodkat 12:46 AM - 12 October, 2014
what would be the point of upgrading to yosemite?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:09 PM - 12 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys

Aaron

I will try and get back if any luck ;) thanks.

Thanks Zender, that would be reall yhelpful as we are looking at a Mac connection issue right now and would be keen to know if it is still existent in 10.10.

Cheers
pdidy 12:55 PM - 15 October, 2014
Quote:

absolutely none, these people just have OUUD aka obsessive update upgrade disorder.
Dj Ricky Redz 12:23 PM - 16 October, 2014
Quote:

We, (people who are willing to test the beta) are the ones that is willing to help serato devs to iron out any issues that may arise so the regular customers can have a stable/reliable dj software.

Most of us are djs that have had bad experiences and dont want other djs to experience the same.
Dilgee 1:31 PM - 16 October, 2014
I couldn't agree with you more Ricky,
PopRoXxX 4:07 PM - 16 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

We, (people who are willing to test the beta) are the ones that is willing to help serato devs to iron out any issues that may arise so the regular customers can have a stable/reliable dj software.

Most of us are djs that have had bad experiences and dont want other djs to experience the same.

+1 kudos
Daniel Linares 6:30 PM - 16 October, 2014
Like many of you tech-heads, Yosemite is out today via Apple's App Store and wanted to know if anyone has any positive or negative feedback on using it with Scratch Live and a Rane 68. Gotta love the new perks of Yosemite from a feature standpoint, but a solid Scratch Live is more important.
Deejay Rich 6:33 PM - 16 October, 2014
Yay Yosemite is out hope there would be a hardware support soon.
PopRoXxX 6:36 PM - 16 October, 2014
I've been using the latest Yosemite Beta with SSL 2.5 and my 57 like nothing has ever changed. Solid as usual. Haven't played with SSL and the 68 on it, but SSL is running like a champ on the old hardware/soundcards/drivers

Yosemite doesn't work with Rane drivers and SDJ 1.7+ as of yet. I have used the 62 with SDJ 1.6.3 (old SDJ driver/new firmware 2.21) still to this day on Yosemite just nothing higher than that version works right now until Rane drops the new drivers
Daniel Linares 6:38 PM - 16 October, 2014
Quote:
I've been using the latest Yosemite Beta with SSL 2.5 and my 57 like nothing has ever changed. Solid as usual. Haven't played with SSL and the 68 on it, but SSL is running like a champ on the old hardware/soundcards/drivers

Yosemite doesn't work with Rane drivers and SDJ 1.7+ as of yet. I have used the 62 with SDJ 1.6.3 (old SDJ driver/new firmware 2.21) still to this day on Yosemite just nothing higher than that version works right now until Rane drops the new drivers

Gotcha so you're saying USB all-in-one controllers are running into issues but pro mixers tend to be performing solid?
Joe Fresh 7:00 PM - 16 October, 2014
How about Rane 62 with SSL?
PopRoXxX 8:15 PM - 16 October, 2014
On Latest Yosemite Beta:

57 with SSL 2.5 = Fine*
62 with SSL 2.5 = Fine*
62 with SDJ 1.6.3 = Fine*
62 with SDJ 1.7+ = Not working
Pioneer SZ with SDJ (all versions) = Fine*
Pioneer SRT with SDJ (all versions) = Fine*

This is all I've tested. But the SZ should also help with SX. But that's all I've tried lately since it's what I play on

Fine* = Fine for me (despite certain minimal DVS glitches that are known with Mavericks OS)

I've also read that most (if not all) Rane devices are acting the same way as described above with the 62 tests on Yosemite
Joe Fresh 8:16 PM - 16 October, 2014
Thanks PopRoXXX
PopRoXxX 8:24 PM - 16 October, 2014
No prob.

Remember when using the 62: If/when you do (before Serato announces official support and/or Rane drops the new drivers) you can only use the 1.6.3 driver with the updated 2.21 firmware to be able to use SDJ 1.6.3 and SSL 2.5 on Yosemite. NOT the 1.7 driver. The 1.7 driver is the one that doesn't work. Just a heads up.
Dj Mikey d 9:22 PM - 16 October, 2014
If someone could confirm that the SRT will work with the official build that came out today with version 1.7.1 I will upgrade. I know that PopRoXXX said it worked but I believe that was with a beta. Thanks PopRoXXX for the info.
PopRoXxX 9:34 PM - 16 October, 2014
No prob.

It was the latest beta dropped last week, which is pretty much the same exact thing you're getting today. Last 3-4 beta builds have all worked with the SRT (despite the certain minimal DVS glitches that are known with Mavericks OS)
Dj Mikey d 9:37 PM - 16 October, 2014
Quote:
No prob.

It was the latest beta dropped last week, which is pretty much the same exact thing you're getting today. Last 3-4 beta builds have all worked with the SRT (despite the certain minimal DVS glitches that are known with Mavericks OS)

So then I am assured that upgrading today wouldn't give me any new problems that weren't already there from mavericks
Dj Mikey d 9:45 PM - 16 October, 2014
Also i have a new mac (rmbp Late 2013) which had a lot of problems with the 900SRT... I had to do an update to the mixer as well my mac needed to be update a while back.. This won't set any of that back
djrobmac1 10:19 PM - 16 October, 2014
Any update on wether the DDJ-SX will work with the final release of Yosemite?
danyb 12:03 AM - 17 October, 2014
I'm installing now OSX 10.10 and try with SL4 with SSL latest version.

stay tuned
Dj Mikey d 12:30 AM - 17 October, 2014
if anybody is upgrading to use with a 900SRT and Hasswell based mac then please leave a comment saying if it works or not.. I'd love to upgrade
DanV007 3:50 AM - 17 October, 2014
I just installed Yosemite, I going to do a extensive test on DDJ-SX, DDJ-SR. and Rane controllers. I have huge checklist to go through each time there is a new OSX release. I recommend to hold off the new OS until its worthiness to use the latest Sreato DJ. I hate to hear a follow DJ gig turn into a nightmare with the software and the equipment not working.

Stay Tune follow DJs.
-DJdan954
Dj Mikey d 3:53 AM - 17 October, 2014
Quote:
I just installed Yosemite, I going to do a extensive test on DDJ-SX, DDJ-SR. and Rane controllers. I have huge checklist to go through each time there is a new OSX release. I recommend to hold off the new OS until its worthiness to use the latest Sreato DJ. I hate to hear a follow DJ gig turn into a nightmare with the software and the equipment not working.

Stay Tune follow DJs.
-DJdan954

Can you test the 900SRT please?
Dj Mikey d 3:53 AM - 17 October, 2014
Quote:

Stay Tune follow DJs.
-DJdan954

Also what mac are you using?
DanV007 4:08 AM - 17 October, 2014
DJ Mikey, I have Mac late 2011 and 2013. One of my DJ Partners have a 900SRT, I'll tell him to bring it in for testing.

Stay tuned...
Dilgee 6:07 AM - 17 October, 2014
Has anyone tried SDJ 1.7 with NS6 on Yoshimite?
PopRoXxX 7:09 AM - 17 October, 2014
Quote:
if anybody is upgrading to use with a 900SRT and Hasswell based mac then please leave a comment saying if it works or not.. I'd love to upgrade

All my tests were done with every Yosemtie build up to today. All firmware updates have already been done on all hardware I said above. Firmware updates do not get reset from the computer they are in the hardware

Also, all my tests were done on my newest 15" MBP Retina with Haswell processor
djattila 7:15 AM - 17 October, 2014
how and where are the download links to update the 900SRT.
PopRoXxX 7:21 AM - 17 October, 2014
I haven't updated the SRT since 1.6.3 I think (I could be wrong, can't remember exactly). It would be in the Online/My Serato area of SDJ if you need it.
JonLangford 7:34 AM - 17 October, 2014
I too would be interested to see if a DDJ-SX works with 10.10 on a rMBP 2013

JonLangford 8:40 AM - 17 October, 2014
I'm not sure if all this will work but I am now installing Yosemite in to a Virtual Machine which i will then install Serato DJ to test my DDJ-SX...

the USB pass-through should work to test connectivity... I hope! :)
djleon112 9:08 AM - 17 October, 2014
Work pioneer ddi sb with yosemite official 10.10?
djrobmac1 9:28 AM - 17 October, 2014
Quote:

Stay Tune follow DJs.
-DJdan954

eagerly awaiting ;)
DJ Jayc 11:09 AM - 17 October, 2014
Tested so far with my Sixty-Two, report was so far so good for an hour.
DJ Jayc 11:32 AM - 17 October, 2014
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:48 PM - 17 October, 2014
Rane SL-3 wont connect just says searching in the Rane panel
PopRoXxX 2:02 PM - 17 October, 2014
Yes. New Rane SDJ 1.7 driver doesn't work with Yosemite. Only the old SDJ 1.6.3 driver works with new firmware update on Yosemite
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:04 PM - 17 October, 2014
But there people here that are using it and my mate has a Rane sl-3 and works fine. Something strange going on there. Will try the vci-380 next
PopRoXxX 2:08 PM - 17 October, 2014
Yeah. I've also heard of some guys using the 62 with 1.7 on Yosemite just fine as well. I don't know how they're doing it, but at least I know what I'm saying works. Lol! Wish I knew how they made it work. Damn
JonLangford 3:34 PM - 17 October, 2014
took the plunge... did an in place upgrade rather than a fresh install.... 20 mins.... done...

running SDJ 1.7.1 with a DDJ-SX on a rMBP 2013 model....

no issues so far and I've been running it for about 30 minutes
DJ Baby Boy 3:36 PM - 17 October, 2014
I was unable to connect my 62 with SDJ 1.7 running Yosemite on a 2012 15" MBP 2.3 16gb ram or a 2012 27" iMac 3.4 16gb ram I'm not sure if this could make a difference in connectivity as some have stated that they've had the 62 working with 1.7 ... I will also note that my sl1 works perfectly with SSL 2.5 but am having issues using HID with CDJ 2000's (Techs work just fine)
PopRoXxX 3:43 PM - 17 October, 2014
You have a 98% chance of not getting any Rane device working with SDJ 1.7+ on Yosemite right now. That 2% really = like 2 people on the forum that got it to work and not sure how. For all I know, they could be wrong/mistaken about what SDJ build they're using.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:49 PM - 17 October, 2014
i been trying for last hour and 1.6.3 works fine all newer versions no go. SSL works fine with the SL-3.

i totally uninstalled all the sdj and ssl drivers but still no go with 1.7.x

Looks like Rane users are gong to have to wait for a driver update.

BUT for people using a version of SDJ 1.7.X can you please post the build number from the setup screen?
PopRoXxX 3:55 PM - 17 October, 2014
Quote:
i been trying for last hour and 1.6.3 works fine all newer versions no go. SSL works fine with the SL-3.

i totally uninstalled all the sdj and ssl drivers but still no go with 1.7.x

Looks like Rane users are gong to have to wait for a driver update.

BUT for people using a version of SDJ 1.7.X can you please post the build number from the setup screen?

Exactly. Between you and I, we've posted this 3-4 times on this thread yet it still gets asked every other post without reading I guess.
JonLangford 4:06 PM - 17 October, 2014
I have an SL3 as well as a DDJ-SX

Strangely when I first inserted the SL3 and opened up the Prefs Pane it could see the SL3, so I thought "sweet" opened SDJ and it recognised that I did not have the SL3 driver installed... installed it, rebooted and now the SL3 Pref Pane can't see it anymore... can't see it in SDJ either

weirder still... SL 2.5 appears to see the SL3 ok.... but I can't test if it works as I don't have a deck!
JonLangford 4:07 PM - 17 October, 2014
SDJ 1.7.1 build 1713310
PopRoXxX 4:33 PM - 17 October, 2014
Yosemite does NOT work with Rane devices on SDJ 1.7+. ONLY 1.6.3

I have stated previously what has worked up until today (minus any controller smaller than the SZ)

Please read above. I've been testing Yosemite for 2 months now before yesterday's release
JonLangford 4:40 PM - 17 October, 2014
chill bruv... not everyone reads all 100+ messages.... and well done on testing it so thoroughly, I'm sure lots of people will find this post useful.. even the bits I repeated... because lets face it the more people who confirm it works on certain versions the more likely someone is to upgrade with confidence.
PopRoXxX 4:45 PM - 17 October, 2014
For sure. I'm chill broski, it's all good.

Just seems (not directed straight at you or anyone else) that peeps on this thread are just posting without reading a little bit (1 day worth of posts). At least for the last day or so, I kinda felt like I've repeated myself every other post verbatim. LOL!!

I totally agree with you on the multiple confirmations so people can upgrade if/when they want. I wish I could use 1.7.1 and 62, just not possible. It's a bummer. I'm just hoping these Rane/Yosemite drivers drop SOON! Fingers crossed
JonLangford 5:00 PM - 17 October, 2014
amen
djkurve 5:12 PM - 17 October, 2014
Currently installing OSX Yosemite on a partition of my hd. Will test it with my NS7 II later this afternoon. Also thanks to DJ PopRoXXX for letting me know the winning/wprking combo with the 62!
Dj Mikey d 5:35 PM - 17 October, 2014
Quote:
how and where are the download links to update the 900SRT.

You would download firmware updates for the SRT on Pioneer's website.
PopRoXxX 6:52 PM - 17 October, 2014
Usually* the firmware is in the driver you download via SDJ.
Dilgee 6:55 PM - 17 October, 2014
Quote:
also ran a ns6 with it for about 3-4 hrs with no issues!

Hi Ricky,
I planning on upgrading tomorrow to Yosemite. Is everything still running fine with that Ns6?
DanV007 7:08 PM - 17 October, 2014
Status on the 900SRT, you must update the firmware first before anything. Delete any MIDI setting before you start using the 900SRT device.
When you start using the device OSX will create a new MIDI setting than start using the controller with Serato DJ. Should be fine.
DanV007 7:13 PM - 17 October, 2014
Status on the Rane. It's seems there is a incompatibility issue with drivers under Yosemite.
I don't think it's the device is the cause. Looking deeper on this weird issue.

Stay tune..
Idlemind1999 7:26 PM - 17 October, 2014
Quote:
On Latest Yosemite Beta:

57 with SSL 2.5 = Fine*
62 with SSL 2.5 = Fine*
62 with SDJ 1.6.3 = Fine*
62 with SDJ 1.7+ = Not working
Pioneer SZ with SDJ (all versions) = Fine*
Pioneer SRT with SDJ (all versions) = Fine*

Just remember if you have the 62 and want to use SSL that you should NOT upgrade your firmware
PopRoXxX 7:50 PM - 17 October, 2014
Yes. You can update the firmware on the 62 (via the System Preferences panel on mac). You can't update the driver.

Best thing to do if you're on Yosemite:
- Make sure you have the SDJ 1.6.3 driver (NOT the 1.7+ driver - new drivers do not work)
- Go to the 62 icon in System Preferences (Mac) and update to the 2.21 firmware that way

Doing this results in best options of SSL 2.5 & SDJ 1.6.3 backwards compatibility with Yosemite
Supagee 11:50 PM - 17 October, 2014
Hope i am not being repetitive but what about using an SL3?

Thanks
djrobmac1 11:57 PM - 17 October, 2014
Half way through a live set with Yosemite, DDJ-SX, SDJ 1.7.1 & mixemergency........no issues at all. Happy days
Supagee 12:01 AM - 18 October, 2014
@djrobmac1

Did you do any firmware changes of any sort or was it download and go?
PopRoXxX 12:26 AM - 18 October, 2014
Any Rane device has the problems/fixes above :)
DanV007 1:19 AM - 18 October, 2014
Status on DDJ-SX with the latest firmware no issues, it's went through all my QA checklist. We good to go with Yosemite. :-)

Status on DDJ-SR with the latest firmware seems to be working so far. There is some mapping issues for some reason, that was resolved by deleted all MIDI setting and everything went back normal. We are good with yosemite. :-)

The Rane still have issues the following:
-USB issues
-controller mapping issues
-drivers incompatibility
Note: I'll hold off until there is a solution since the Rane is more intricate interface to the OSX.

I'm still not giving up, looking more deeper.
Stay tune...
DJ Jayc 2:34 AM - 18 October, 2014
Ok, latest and last updates tested through out the whole night live performance for 2 hours set with my Serato DJ and 62 Mixer. As I stated before everything is working just as fine as on mavericks platform. I still don't understand why most of you still couldn't get it working. Everything works perfectly fine excepts for the few usual bugs which is unsolved since Serato DJ was officially released when I started using it with OS X Mavericks. Initially, I wanted to do a clean install but just thought about giving a try on a upgrading version (Mavericks to Yosemite Upgrade). Reason: Lazy to reinstall all my apps and tweaks. But I'm gonna do it soon maybe the next clean-up for my lappy (a clean fresh install of Yosemite). To conclude my summary for this time: I've enclosed a full details below:

Hardware: Rane Sixty-Two Z, 1 Technics Turntable and 1 CDJ-900 or 1 CDJ-2000 (I used instant double)
Serato DJ: 1.7.1 (1713310)
Audio USB Buffer Size (Latency): 5ms (normally I used 1ms)
Screen Updates Per Seconds: 60 (Maximum)

System Preferences Sixty-Two Panel Window:
Device Firmware Version: 2.21

OS X Yosemite
Ver. 10.10
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B09
SMC Version (system): 2.2f44
Internal Hard Drive 1: 240GB SSD
Internal Hard Drive 2: 1TB SSHD
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1024 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
djkurve 3:31 AM - 18 October, 2014
Ok so I'm kinda confused whenever you say the 62 will work with SDJ 1.63+Driver and latest firmware 2.2.1

Prior to me upgrading to OSX Yolo I was using SDJ 1.7 with Rane 2.2.1 firmware.

I installed SDJ 1.6.3 after I upgraded the OS earlier today. So how do I go about getting this 1.6.3 driver installed to use the 62?
djkurve 3:43 AM - 18 October, 2014
Oh and btw tested my NS7 II earlier today for a few hours and it works fine with the new OS X. Currently gigging with it right now and no issues!

*knock on wood*

#yolo

i49.photobucket.com
DanV007 3:44 AM - 18 October, 2014
You find the Rane 2.2.1 firmware on this link:
dj.rane.com

It’s seems to fix most of the issues I was facing, however I’m still not convince.
DanV007 3:49 AM - 18 October, 2014
Monday I arrange a schedule with Rane support Tech and point out the issues via GoToMeeting. I see another firmware update in the horizon again.

Stay tune...
DJ Chuckie Chuck 7:55 AM - 18 October, 2014
Anyone have issues while running SL3 with Yosemite ?
If there is no issue, i will proceed with Yosemite Installation.
Sorry if this question already being asked.
JonLangford 8:26 AM - 18 October, 2014
issue with SL3.... checkout DJPoPRoxxx post further back
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:37 AM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:

Rane sl-3 wont connect mac does not see it open Rane panel and it besch balls for about 5-8seconds theb just says searching.

You will need to use sdj 1.6.3 if you want ti use sl-3 with Yosemite.

Unless you are super lucky and it works.
Dj Nyce 12:22 PM - 18 October, 2014
did an inplace upgrade. yosemite works fine with my rane 62 and sl2. i'm on sdj 1.7.0 and 2.21 62 firmware.
Philmixit 12:23 PM - 18 October, 2014
I am running the newmark ns7 2 with Serato DJ on the Yosemite, I am not having any problem with any thing so far. LoL
Dj Nyce 12:25 PM - 18 October, 2014
***update***
sl2 keeps disconnecting.
'error: failed to connect audio'

the 62 works fine though. did 4 hours on it last night.
Philmixit 12:25 PM - 18 October, 2014
Serato DJ 1.7.1 is what I am using Yosemite,
Dj Nyce 12:44 PM - 18 October, 2014
***update***
if you plug in sl2 before running sdj, it works fine. just no hot plugging.
DJ Chuckie Chuck 1:12 PM - 18 October, 2014
Thanks for the info mate.
Really appreciate that.

Quote:
Quote:

Rane sl-3 wont connect mac does not see it open Rane panel and it besch balls for about 5-8seconds theb just says searching.

You will need to use sdj 1.6.3 if you want ti use sl-3 with Yosemite.

Unless you are super lucky and it works.
nikodb 2:09 PM - 18 October, 2014
Yosemity on a 13inch 2011 MBP i7, Rane SL4...No issues with my setup on both SDJ 1.7.1 and SL 2.5...Everything seems to run smooth so far...Am using TT on REL and a bunch of midi devices all over them :P

Cheers
Nik
nikodb 2:20 PM - 18 October, 2014
p.s. not sure if its any relevant and helped to avoid any possible issues, but i did download and installed the latest Rane driver for my card...did not test on my previous driver.

Cheers
Nik
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:59 PM - 18 October, 2014
Strange i have tried all the Rane drivers.
SSL works fine with SL-3
Sdj 1.6.0-1.6.3 works fine with SL-3
New driver from 1.7.0 makes the sl3 not seen by the mac. So does not work with 1.7.0 & 1.7.1

Very strange. And i have removed all traces of all ssl and sdj drivers and tried reinstalling but its still a no go with my Rane SL-3

But Vestax VCI-380 and Pioneer DDJ-SX work fine.
I do get the usb drop out light when first connecting the sc or vci but after that works solid.
PopRoXxX 4:20 PM - 18 October, 2014
Yup. Exactly what I've ran into for the last month or so with the 62. That's how the Rane drivers are acting. Can't wait till Rane drops the new drivers
nikodb 4:34 PM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:
Yup. Exactly what I've ran into for the last month or so with the 62. That's how the Rane drivers are acting. Can't wait till Rane drops the new drivers

Does not seem to be affecting all Rane devices, but some...SL4 runs fine, all programs, all versions.

Cheers
Nik
djkurve 4:44 PM - 18 October, 2014
So happy to report that SDJ 1.6.3 + 2.2.1 Rane firmware (when using the driver that comes bundled with it) works like a charm. Tested it out this morning with Mix Emergency 2.7.1

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com

i49.photobucket.com
DJ FIYAH KAT 4:53 PM - 18 October, 2014
HAS ANYONE TRIED USING THE NUMARK NS7II SDJ 1.7.1 FOR OS X YOSEMITE ? WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME?
DJ FIYAH KAT 5:02 PM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:
I am running the newmark ns7 2 with Serato DJ on the Yosemite, I am not having any problem with any thing so far. LoL
OK KOOL THANKS FOR THE INFO
djkurve 5:11 PM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:
HAS ANYONE TRIED USING THE NUMARK NS7II SDJ 1.7.1 FOR OS X YOSEMITE ? WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME?

I used it last night for a gig. No issues on my end.

i49.photobucket.com
djrobmac1 6:54 PM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:
@djrobmac1

Did you do any firmware changes of any sort or was it download and go?

Nope, just download and go go go! There was one slight glitch whilst I was copying some files around during the set but apart from that it was faultless.
olliekav 9:16 PM - 18 October, 2014
I've tried a few variations with Yosemite and the Rane Sixty-Two + Serato DJ 1.7.1 / 1.6.3 & Scratch Live 2.5 and none of them work for me. I'm running a mid 2010 Macbook Pro so it looks like it could be computer hardware related as well?
PopRoXxX 9:51 PM - 18 October, 2014
If you ever updated the 62 driver to 1.7+ drivers with any other previous OS, then yes it won't work at all on Yosemite. You're right.

You can ONLY use the 1.6.3 drivers. Not 1.6.3 with 1.7+ drivers, the new drivers won't show in any app SSL or SDJ no matter what version. You have to delete the 62 driver totally and start over with SDJ 1.6.3. Then update firmware via System Preferences panel NOT via SDJ so you can have backwards compatibility with SSL

I think I've posted this 4-5 times already above.
olliekav 9:59 PM - 18 October, 2014
I've read through all the above posts, I was just posting my experience. I've now managed to get it working on 1.6.2 but it's not been mentioned above how to remove everything!

I trawled through my Library folder for any Serato/Sixty-Two references and deleted everything, .plist files, audio files etc until my Macbook was completely clean. Then re-installed 1.6.2 from the original CD and it then picked up the Sixty Two and I can install the firmware. Hope that helps.
PopRoXxX 10:41 PM - 18 October, 2014
It's the kext files in Macintosh HD > System > Library > Extensions (I believe)

Or there's a Terminal Script app on the Rane site (I forget exactly where) that will do it for you :)
djcrap 10:52 PM - 18 October, 2014
I did an inplace upgrade to yosemite. And my rane 68 works fine with sdj 1.7.0 plus denon 3900
djkurve 10:53 PM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:
If you ever updated the 62 driver to 1.7+ drivers with any other previous OS, then yes it won't work at all on Yosemite. You're right.

You can ONLY use the 1.6.3 drivers. Not 1.6.3 with 1.7+ drivers, the new drivers won't show in any app SSL or SDJ no matter what version. You have to delete the 62 driver totally and start over with SDJ 1.6.3. Then update firmware via System Preferences panel NOT via SDJ so you can have backwards compatibility with SSL

That's not true. Before I upgraded to OS X Yosemite I was running running Serato DJ 1.7.1 which comes bundled with a newer driver for the 62. Since I upgraded yesterday I downloaded and installed Serato DJ 1.6.3. It said the driver wasn't installed, so I clicked the "install driver" button in Serato DJ and it installed the driver with no issue. After my MBP restarted I re-opened Serato DJ 1.6.3 and fired up my 62 and I was in business. The firmware of the mixer itself doesn't change, however as you can see from the picture below the 62 Audio Control Panel reverted back to an older layout.
i49.photobucket.com
You can actually adjust the USB buffer slider in the control panel with the 1.6.3 SDJ/driver dmg. However as you know whenever you upgrade to the 1.7.1 version that option disappears in the 62 Audio Control Panel. So basically all we're doing to utilize SDJ with OS X Yosemite is rolling back to a previous version/driver of the software.
djrussell 10:57 PM - 18 October, 2014
Installed Yosemite yesterday 5 hours before a gig.

Biggest problem was i cannot load files from iTunes Smart Playlists for some reason.

Workaround, was manually finding the file through search, not a playlist then file would load.

I'm still having problems if i try and load missing tracks into playdeck, it will freeze the deck, forcing me to restart the software.

At the beginning of the gig there was an issue when i plugged in the hdmi cable, every time i connected the macbook would crash.

Tested this the hdmi port this afternoon at soundcheck, everything was fine.

SDJ 1.7.1 and MixEmergency setup with a 2013 Macbook Pro 8GB.

Panasonic DDJ-SZ
djcrap 11:00 PM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:
I did an inplace upgrade to yosemite. And my rane 68 works fine with sdj 1.7.0 plus denon 3900

^^^^ am running a macbook pro mid 2012 with 16 gig. I noticed a difference with the red lights and yellow lights now come on less frenquently when pitch n time is enabled when am running at usb lantency of 1 ms
Supagee 11:08 PM - 18 October, 2014
Ok so last night i played for 4 hours

yosemite installed and was using SDJ 1.7.1 with SL3 and it connected and saw the box ect however there was major dropouts and spikes about every 5-8 mins

i monitored my mac book pro late 2010 model 8gigs ram and a ssd drive with istat and there was no sign of the spikes and drop outs happening.

There is definietly an issue with 1.7.1 and sl3 and Yosemite
djkurve 11:10 PM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:
Ok so last night i played for 4 hours

yosemite installed and was using SDJ 1.7.1 with SL3 and it connected and saw the box ect however there was major dropouts and spikes about every 5-8 mins

i monitored my mac book pro late 2010 model 8gigs ram and a ssd drive with istat and there was no sign of the spikes and drop outs happening.

There is definietly an issue with 1.7.1 and sl3 and Yosemite

Try 1.6.3
Supagee 11:14 PM - 18 October, 2014
I plan on doing that as well if i have to i can run SSL 2.5
PopRoXxX 11:22 PM - 18 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

That's not true. Before I upgraded to OS X Yosemite I was running running Serato DJ 1.7.1 which comes bundled with a newer driver for the 62. Since I upgraded yesterday I downloaded and installed Serato DJ 1.6.3. It said the driver wasn't installed, so I clicked the "install driver" button in Serato DJ and it installed the driver with no issue. After my MBP restarted I re-opened Serato DJ 1.6.3 and fired up my 62 and I was in business. The firmware of the mixer itself doesn't change, however as you can see from the picture below the 62 Audio Control Panel reverted back to an older layout.
i49.photobucket.com
You can actually adjust the USB buffer slider in the control panel with the 1.6.3 SDJ/driver dmg. However as you know whenever you upgrade to the 1.7.1 version that option disappears in the 62 Audio Control Panel. So basically all we're doing to utilize SDJ with OS X Yosemite is rolling back to a previous version/driver of the software.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here. But it's almost like you're saying the same thing I've been saying, just with different words. lol
PopRoXxX 11:24 PM - 18 October, 2014
Oh, I see what you mean now (after my post). It was about being on 1.7+ on previous OS. At least that worked for you. That did not work for me on every version of Yosemite I tested. Glad to hear it worked easily

(I made & kept a bootable Mavericks drive just in case)
djkurve 12:07 AM - 19 October, 2014
From what I can gather from your last post DJ PopRoXXX is that you were beta testing OS X Yosemite up until it's last stage. Did you happen to upgrade to the final version while running the last beta on your machine? That might be the difference between our situations. I wasn't running any betas and upgraded right from OS X Mavericks.
PopRoXxX 6:59 AM - 19 October, 2014
Yeah. I'm on the final as well. It's the same build as the very last beta too. Maybe I'll try again after my weekend shows, but considering it's the same build, I will most likely have the same results
D.J. Flawless 8:25 AM - 19 October, 2014
didn't really feel like reading thru all the comments, but has anyone tried the SX with SDJ 1.7.1 on Yosemite? and do you think its a good idea to upgrade?
Dj Youkai 1:46 PM - 19 October, 2014
Quote:
didn't really feel like reading thru all the comments, but has anyone tried the SX with SDJ 1.7.1 on Yosemite? and do you think its a good idea to upgrade?

Just Upgraded to Yosemite today..and just finished a 4 hour set. Works flawlessly had no problems, running 1.7.1 with SX and Serato Video on a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina 2.4GHz i.7 8GB ram
Joe Pardo 2:34 PM - 19 October, 2014
Hey everyone!

I appreciate this thread a lot! I was wondering if anyone has a Sixty-One on yosemite. I am running 1.7.1 and the latest (pretty sure) firmware on the 61. I'm nervous about upgrading, even though I am not playing out at any gigs but still need serato work.

I am installing serato dj on my mac mini to give it a try. I will report back.

Thank you.
DCal 4:54 PM - 19 October, 2014
I just downloaded the public release of Yosemite and can confirm that SDJ opens and seems to work fine with MacBook Pro Retina (2012) and Denon MC6000mkII. Library loaded up fine and I had no problems running a 20 minute set.
Philmixit 7:09 PM - 19 October, 2014
DCal Yosemite is release you don't need to use the public release version.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:04 PM - 19 October, 2014
Thanks for all the reports guys, this is all really valuable feedback.

To the person who asked about updating the firmware on the DJM-900SRT, the best place for Pioneer firmware and driver updates is pioneerdj.com. Here's the link for the SRT downloads page: pioneerdj.com

Aaron
djattila 9:01 PM - 19 October, 2014
I downloaded the the newest firmware. Thanx fellas for the info.
djmarksmith 10:30 PM - 19 October, 2014
Mac book pro and ddj sx running yosemite and getting occasional audio drop outs. Seems to be when very random
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:53 PM - 19 October, 2014
And just to re-iterate...

We do not currently support using OS X 10.10 Yosemite with Serato software

We are happy for people to try it out, but this is done entirely at your own risk. We would highly recommend NOT updating if you are using Rane hardware as we know there are issues using the latest Rane drivers for Serato DJ 1.7 and 1.7.1 with Yosemite.

Thanks
Aaron
PopRoXxX 11:49 PM - 19 October, 2014
Quote:
From what I can gather from your last post DJ PopRoXXX is that you were beta testing OS X Yosemite up until it's last stage. Did you happen to upgrade to the final version while running the last beta on your machine? That might be the difference between our situations. I wasn't running any betas and upgraded right from OS X Mavericks.

Same results. All good with 1.6.3 till new drivers drop :)
djcrap 12:36 AM - 20 October, 2014
Quote:
And just to re-iterate...

We do not currently support using OS X 10.10 Yosemite with Serato software

We are happy for people to try it out, but this is done entirely at your own risk. We would highly recommend NOT updating if you are using Rane hardware as we know there are issues using the latest Rane drivers for Serato DJ 1.7 and 1.7.1 with Yosemite.

Thanks
Aaron

Funny how my rane 68 works flawlessly with sdj 1.7. Maybe its just luck
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:13 AM - 20 October, 2014
Could be djcrap, cool that it's working for you.

We just want to be careful to help people avoid problems. We've had quite a few angry people through who have updated just before going out to play, only to find that things ain't working how they hoped :(

The more people that don't have a bad experience the better in my view!

Let us know if you run into anything.

Aaron
Joe Pardo 1:30 AM - 20 October, 2014
Update: Sixty-One did not work on yosemite. :-/ So I guess I will be waiting to update.
DJ Nick Scott 1:51 AM - 20 October, 2014
I used Yosemite last night with my Sixty-One and SDJ 1.7.1 with one issue... A few audio drop outs. I did notice that FireVailt was on, wifi was on, bluetooth was on and a slew of other things that Serato instructs to disable for "Optimization". Gonna implement a few of those and give it a whirl again.

All in all... It seems to work great though.
Ikhan 3:10 AM - 20 October, 2014
Upgraded to Yosemite, I used Scratch live (last version) both fri & sat gigs, with my SL3 box on a pioneer 900, no problem, solid. Serato Dj didn't work, will try 1.6.3 like ppl ar advising. Also I will be testing Rane 62 Thursday night w/ SDJ 1.6.3, however Rane 62 did work at home using Scratch Live. I have late 2013 MBP.
Ikhan 3:11 AM - 20 October, 2014
Please note I had my iPhone tethered, with email app open, safari open, iMessage open...
Niranjan 3:44 AM - 20 October, 2014
Hey, I want to check if any 1 has tryed SDJ 1.7.1 with DDJ-SZ , or scratch live last version with the SL# box & the Rane 68 after upgrading to yosemite ??
Niranjan 3:45 AM - 20 October, 2014
Corection from above _ SL3 & the Rane 68 After upgrading to yosemite ?
Dj Mikey d 3:46 AM - 20 October, 2014
Quote:
Hey, I want to check if any 1 has tryed SDJ 1.7.1 with DDJ-SZ , or scratch live last version with the SL# box & the Rane 68 after upgrading to yosemite ??

People have been reporting that the SZ with any version of serato DJ works fine.
Niranjan 4:01 AM - 20 October, 2014
o wow Cool Tks DJ Mikey d
Dominic Carter™ 6:48 AM - 20 October, 2014
Hopefully we get to see tests on the following with Yosemite:

- (SSL) Scratch Live 2.5

- Serato DJ 1.7.1 with an SL4 Box

Serato DJ 1.6.3 with an SL4 Box

Please note the firmware of the actual SL Box if possible. Depending on your time slot most won't have the ability to update firmware before their set unless they arrive prior to the club opening for sound check.
DJ Baby Boy 11:50 AM - 20 October, 2014
Is there anyone that's spinning video Preferably with MixEmergency but also Serato Video that can share their results on performance results?
DJ R-O-D 3:59 PM - 20 October, 2014
Just a few words to SDJ 1.7.1, Yosemite and Pioneer DDJ-SX:

Got a new MB Pro last Friday with clean install of Yosemite and running SDJ 1.7.1 and tested it on a DDJ-SX. Still got my old MB Air with SDJ 1.7.1 as backup, which I always used, if something would happened. The setup for SDJ on the new MB was exactly the same as on the old MB Air.

Over all, everything went fine. Just had one issue which I had to change within the setup of SDJ:
I always used a USB buffer size of 1 ms.That was not working on the new MB as the sound quality was messed up. After changing that to 2 ms everything was fine again.

No other issues noted.
PopRoXxX 4:48 PM - 20 October, 2014
Quote:
Is there anyone that's spinning video Preferably with MixEmergency but also Serato Video that can share their results on performance results?

All my tests posted above were running ME 95% of the time
Unkle Loft 8:37 PM - 20 October, 2014
Sl2 not working with sdj after upgrade to yosemite
djmarksmith 8:39 PM - 20 October, 2014
Rolled back with time capsule. Will wait for a stable version for yosemite
Youngtee 9:42 PM - 20 October, 2014
Anyone know if Rane sixty one is running on Yosemite????
DJ Baby Boy 10:41 PM - 20 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

All my tests posted above were running ME 95% of the time

Awesome thank you
Dj Mikey d 1:47 AM - 21 October, 2014
Hey guys! Serato just released 1.7.2 as an open beta! I encourage everybody to give it a try and see if it fixes and problems that some of you may have.
Cheers
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:24 AM - 21 October, 2014
Thanks Dj mikey d :)

Yes, we are looking for people to provide feedback on how Yosemite is going for them. In the 1.7.2 Public Beta there are new Rane drivers included for mac which should hopefully resolving many of the issues people have been reporting here, e.g Rane device not being recognised by Serato DJ.

Follow the link here and accept the agreement: serato.com
Ikhan 2:41 AM - 21 October, 2014
I can't seem to find any discussions about SSL, its like they were all deleted. I know its not supported but 90% of the dis i talk to all still use it. Can someone direct me to where I can have that discussion in the forum. I use ScratchLive not SeratoDJ, with both a Rane 62 & SL# Box on a Pioneer 900 mixer.
Thnx
Ikhan 2:42 AM - 21 October, 2014
*djs
*SL3 Box
delProfundo 5:44 AM - 21 October, 2014
Worked fine for about a week now I can no longer run serato in local mode through my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20.
Unkle Loft 6:34 AM - 21 October, 2014
tried sl2 with sdj 1.7.2 public beta for over 30mins now, works fine.
Youngtee 6:44 AM - 21 October, 2014
Been jamming the 1.7.2 Beta for 4hrs not hitches as of yet using the sixty one and reloop rp8000

so far so good
djhuntah 6:51 AM - 21 October, 2014
any news on the sdj/sl4 and yosemite i updated last night and went to use a 62 nothing not even scratch live (latest version 2.5.0) worked , got told to roll back sdj to 1.6.3 still nothing the blue light wouldn't even come on , and have a lot of work this weekend ,,,,got home tried a sl1 box it worked and used a ddj sz and that worked fine but my main set ups at work are sl4 pioneer cdj 2000 nexus or cdi 2000 with sl4 ....i will carry the sl1 this weekend for safety
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:40 AM - 21 October, 2014
Ok guys the 1.7.2 BETA is now working however if the Rane device is still not recognised please follow these steps.

Step 1
If you had already upgraded to Yosemite OSX and your Rane device was not recognised then please follow these steps to install.

Download 1.7.2 BETA ---> serato.com

Install 1.7.2 BETA

Plug in Rane Hardware

Goto ''Finder'' Then ''Applications'' look for Serato software (The 1.7.2 you just downloaded and installed''
Then 'Right Click' and goto ''Show Package Contents'' Then ''Contents'' Then ''Resources'' Then ''Packages'' Then double click the Rane device you have attached to your Macbook.

Should now have installed the new driver and work with 1.7.2 on Yosemite.

Cheers Woolsey.
djkurve 3:22 PM - 21 October, 2014
Quote:
Ok guys the 1.7.2 BETA is now working however if the Rane device is still not recognised please follow these steps.

Step 1
If you had already upgraded to Yosemite OSX and your Rane device was not recognised then please follow these steps to install.

Install 1.7.2 BETA

Plug in Rane Hardware

Goto ''Finder'' Then ''Applications'' look for Serato software (The 1.7.2 you just downloaded and installed''
Then 'Right Click' and goto ''Show Package Contents'' Then ''Contents'' Then ''Resources'' Then ''Packages'' Then double click the Rane device you have attached to your Macbook.

Cheers Woolsey.

+1 Thanks for the tip! 62 works with this new driver!
Dilgee 3:59 PM - 21 October, 2014
I'm busy trying out the Beta version on Yosemite. After 2 hours play, i started to hear a crackling noise, ten minutes there after it crashed. I've never had a crash since i bought this NS6 a year ago.
DJ Baby Boy 4:00 PM - 21 October, 2014
Quote:
I'm busy trying out the Beta version on Yosemite. After 2 hours play, i started to hear a crackling noise, ten minutes there after it crashed. I've never had a crash since i bought this NS6 a year ago.

If you haven't done so yet make sure to open a bug report in the beta area
Youngtee 5:01 PM - 21 October, 2014
I jamed on the Rane sixty one and relax rp8000 with out any bugs so far for about 7hrs oh I did noticed the signal would drop out from the tone record when I was setting cue points but that was because I wasn't moving the record and there was no signal. (I'm guessing)

other than that seem solid going to have a video jam mesh to night
Daniel Linares 6:45 PM - 21 October, 2014
Anyone with feedback/comment on compatibility with the Rane 68, Scratch Live, and Yosemite?
Djaward 9:52 PM - 22 October, 2014
I saw someone post

57 with Yosemite = FINE.

Is anyone having any issues with their 57 and Serato 2.5?
cheekyme 10:22 PM - 22 October, 2014
Quote:
I saw someone post

57 with Yosemite = FINE.

If you are desperate to upgrade, it's probably time to upgrade!!
Djaward 10:31 PM - 22 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I saw someone post

57 with Yosemite = FINE.

If you are desperate to upgrade, it's probably time to upgrade!!

Desperate? Not at all. Im running on 10.6.8 still. I was willing to give Maverick a try but was a late.
DeejFlipSXM 10:32 PM - 22 October, 2014
Hi I Updated my Macbook Pro to the new Os(Yosemite) and my mac is not reading : SL3 & SL4...But my Pioneer SZ is Work fine...Does anyone got any ideas for the SL3 and especially the SL4???
cheekyme 10:35 PM - 22 October, 2014
I was running absolutely fine on 10.6.8. and then the upgrade monster got me!! I don't think SSL has been as snappy since tbh.
Niranjan 1:59 AM - 23 October, 2014
Hi Every 1-
I upgraded to Yosemite & played a 5-6 hour gig last night on a SL3 box with Scratch Live on a CDJ2000 Nexus on HID . didn't have a single issue . seems like its all good .

will b using my DDJ-sz on Saturday will update then.
didn't hv time to check on my 68 yet,will update asap i hv time to plug it n run .

Cheers
Niranjan 2:02 AM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:
Hi I Updated my Macbook Pro to the new Os(Yosemite) and my mac is not reading : SL3 & SL4...But my Pioneer SZ is Work fine...Does anyone got any ideas for the SL3 and especially the SL4???

MY SL3 worked really good last night .mine is a late 2011 Macbook pro i5 2.4GHZ
DJ Baby Boy 2:14 AM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:

You have to make sure that if you're running Yosemite to install the new drivers that came with the 1.7.2 Beta in order to use and Rane hardware
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:03 AM - 23 October, 2014
Quote:

Try reading other posts and you will find your answers.....

Quote:

Step 1

Install 1.7.2 BETA

Plug in Rane Hardware

Cheers Woolsey.
DeejFlipSXM 10:58 AM - 23 October, 2014
Good Day
First off @ LJ_WOOLSEY Thank you for your response i appreciated it . Ok after installing the SDJ 1.7.2 beta and got the drivers i needed(SL3 And SL4) . I opened Scratch Live and my macbook pro recognized the SL 3 And SL 4 hardware one time with no issues , I did the same procedure with the SDJ 1.7.1+1.7.2 Beta an the SL3+4 hardware responded and worked well . So all and all I just needed the updated drivers. Thanks Alot Once Again...
K_Satoru 2:42 PM - 23 October, 2014
Hi, I've been tracking this convo for a few days and looks completely mixed reactions here.
Ideally it would be good to have SSL work with Yosemite, but also have the option for SDJ (as I haven't completely transitioned over yet due to reliability issues).

Based on the last few messages, am I right in assuming:

- You need SDJ 1.7.2 Drivers, for Serato + Rane SL(2, 3, 4) box to work on Yosemite.

- You don't necessarily have to USE SDJ 1.7.2 to get, <1.7.1 or SSL to work correctly?
As long as you have the 1.7.2 drivers... ?

----
Currently running, Late 2010 QCore Macbook Pro, Mavericks (10.9.5)

SL2 (or 3) + SSL
DeejFlipSXM 2:54 PM - 23 October, 2014
@ K_satori Good Day
what I did is install sdj 1.7.2 and install the drivers folio the instructures from @LJ_Woolsey and u should be good...
K_Satoru 2:56 PM - 23 October, 2014
@DeejFlipSXM

Cool.
Yeah I figured as much I'll give it a try later, don't wanna risk mid-gig failures.
Thanks!
neXus 1:00 PM - 26 October, 2014
Tried SDJ with Rane 64 + Yosemite last night. Had a couple of quick drop outs every hour until I increased buffer settings from 2 to 5. Then all seemed fine, but I wasnt able to test it for much longer after that setting change. Otherwise it worked fine for me.
Calico 4:01 PM - 26 October, 2014
ok guys here's my issue i need some help....i think i have a major bug problem, i'm running the final yosemite scratch live works perfectly, but i have a issue with serato dj when i open it my iTunes library does not set up the same way as in scratch live i have to go through each playlist n set em back...then when i close n use scratch live again it messes with my library in it as well...sigh any help???? i'm using scratchlive 2.5 and serato dj 1.7 with 1.7.2 drivers
DJ Baby Boy 8:14 PM - 26 October, 2014
Quote:
ok guys here's my issue i need some help....i think i have a major bug problem, i'm running the final yosemite scratch live works perfectly, but i have a issue with serato dj when i open it my iTunes library does not set up the same way as in scratch live i have to go through each playlist n set em back...then when i close n use scratch live again it messes with my library in it as well...sigh any help???? i'm using scratchlive 2.5 and serato dj 1.7 with 1.7.2 drivers

Try using the 1.7.2 Beta and if that is still happening make sure to open a bug report ... That's the only way they'll be able to fix this issues and start to give us rock solid releases like we had with scratch live!
Calico 9:31 PM - 26 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Try using the 1.7.2 Beta and if that is still happening make sure to open a bug report ... That's the only way they'll be able to fix this issues and start to give us rock solid releases like we had with scratch live!

Ok thanks bro gonna try that
Dj_DoughBoy 10:54 PM - 26 October, 2014
I hope this information is helpful for some. I have not upgraded to Serato DJ since most clubs I spin at and I myself have and use either SL1 boxes or Rane 57 mixers. I upgraded with my MacBook Pro Late 2011 to Yosemite OSX 10.10 - I am running Serato Scratch Live Version 2.4.4 (24421) - I used it on the Rane 57 and it worked with no problem, now whether the firmware on the 57 mixer was updated or not I do not know. But I also used it on the Serato Scratch Live SL1 Box and again no problems.
DJMark 6:09 AM - 27 October, 2014
Yosemite appears to have borked ad-hoc networking...unless you're feeling super adventurous and want to run unencrypted with no password....

serato.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:18 AM - 27 October, 2014
What about Personal hotspot wouldnt that work??
Djaward 5:58 PM - 27 October, 2014
Quote:
I hope this information is helpful for some. I have not upgraded to Serato DJ since most clubs I spin at and I myself have and use either SL1 boxes or Rane 57 mixers. I upgraded with my MacBook Pro Late 2011 to Yosemite OSX 10.10 - I am running Serato Scratch Live Version 2.4.4 (24421) - I used it on the Rane 57 and it worked with no problem, now whether the firmware on the 57 mixer was updated or not I do not know. But I also used it on the Serato Scratch Live SL1 Box and again no problems.

Thank you for submitting this. Ive been waiting on someone with a 57 to share some info. I am gonna upgrade today.
Dj AR1 6:47 AM - 28 October, 2014
Quote:
I am testing SDJ 1.6.3 & my DDJ-SZ with yosemite. WOW! kinda horrible out the gate. Heavy CPU load, audio drop outs, crackles, and man is it louder.
Sound is distorted across the spectrum. Pitch is waffling around bad. Even at idle after a full song play through, the drop out indicator stays red.
Clearly Serato has their work cut out to get SDJ fully compatible with yosemite. My advice, don't waste your time and upgrade to the beta if you are actively gigging right now. too risky.

I don't have anything booked for a while, unfortunately. So I can keep the beta and supply feedback to Apple and others during the test.

i had few similar problems to the ones u had mentioned.
DJMark 7:05 AM - 28 October, 2014
Quote:
What about Personal hotspot wouldnt that work??

Not when using an iPad without cellular data. At least, not in any way I can figure out.

Connecting Lemur through Bluetooth, working in Mavericks, also seems to be broken in Yosemite.
PopRoXxX 5:33 PM - 28 October, 2014
I use the non-password adhoc (no idea why they took the password away in Yosemite) or my iPhone hotspot to connect my iPad (Lemur) and MBP
Dj Ari Bozza 2:00 AM - 29 October, 2014
Guys, I am using Yosemite and it wont recognize my SL4! I need help!
HurricaneDJ 2:00 AM - 29 October, 2014
N0 go for me on 10.10/Serato DJ/Rane 68

Nothing i do will make Serato DJ Recognize the 68./

Scratch Live; However, runs just fine,.
DJMark 2:09 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
I use the non-password adhoc (no idea why they took the password away in Yosemite) or my iPhone hotspot to connect my iPad (Lemur) and MBP

You're very brave LOL.
DJMark 2:11 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:

Restore the previous OS install that you (of course) created before applying the update....as everyone should do before making any OS updates.

You're now the third person I know of with an SL-4 that won't connect when running Yosemite...
DJMark 2:14 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Restore the previous OS install that you (of course) created before applying the update....as everyone should do before making any OS updates.

What I mean here is that anyone depending on their computer should be not only doing backupS as a matter of routine, but also make sure to backup/clone right before running OS updates.
ChicagoDJV 3:44 AM - 29 October, 2014
Hey guys:

First off, I have a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012) with 8gb of RAM and a 2GHz i7.

I was running 1.7 and had the RANE drivers for 1.7 with Mavericks. Last week, I updated to Yosemite, and had NO significant problems running both an SL2 and an SL3. I had some small audio dropouts, but nothing totally unusual.

In an effort to fix the audio drop outs, I updated to 1.7.1, and installed the latest drivers (which turns out were the same). I got to the club on Friday night and found that Serato simply would NOT see the box.

By going to System --> Library --> Extensions and deleting the SL2 and SL3 kext files, I found that Serato would then detect the hardware. It would ask me to install the driver, and I would be back at square one.

SOLUTION:

I downloaded Serato Scratch Live 2.5 and installed those drivers (after deleting the kext files for SL2 and SL3.

I found that the drivers for SSL 2.5 worked both on SSL 2.5 and Serato DJ 1.6.3! However, drivers for 1.6.3 did not work on Yosemite.

SOLUTION 2:

I downloaded Serato DJ 1.7.2 and installed the drivers located within "Show Package Contents." These drivers worked on Yosemite, and I was able to use the stable Serato DJ 1.7.1.

HOWEVER: Used this set up for a 5 hour set, and had quite a few drop outs, but maybe once every half hour. Towards the beginning of the set, I switched to a different desktop to go on Safari to search for a track, and my laptop logged me off completely. That was weird. Otherwise, it worked. Better than "No Compatible DJ Device Detected."

Looking forward to stable 1.7.2
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:19 AM - 29 October, 2014
Does anyone bother to read!!!!

The answers for getting Rane hardware to work are all posted above!!!
PopRoXxX 7:24 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

You're very brave LOL.

Hahaha! Mostly the Instant Hotspot method (protected by password and iCloud account between devices now).

BUT, I wonder if the adhoc networks respond the same way, security wise? Cause I only hook my devices up to it. I wonder if someone else's device would need a password? Now I'm gonna go digging
DJ Baby Boy 8:54 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:

PopRoXxX 5:16 PM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly. This was my biggest problem when 1.7.2 first fropped into public beta. Everyone responds with "I didn't want to read this whole thing, so tell me why my device/software doesn't work"

Smh

Read up. School up. Then ask your question if it hasn't been answered. These forums are FULL of very useful information. And there's even a search bar ;)
djkurve 6:35 PM - 29 October, 2014
CMD + F = Serach
defjamblaster 9:56 PM - 29 October, 2014
just chiming in to report no issues with os x yosemite using 2010 macbook pro, vestax vci 380 and DJ 1.7.1.
Dj AR1 2:29 AM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
just chiming in to report no issues with os x yosemite using 2010 macbook pro, vestax vci 380 and DJ 1.7.1.

r u using the beta version? or is the full version out yet?
Bobby B 1:20 PM - 30 October, 2014
I have been fighting the urge to upgrade to Yosemite since I got my setup and workflow back with 1.7 and just don't want to change everything again. I have read many of the forum members saying it has worked well for some and some ran into issues with theirs.

I just want to know after the feedback that we have received in this thread would it be wise to wait or take the plunge!!

P.S. I don't gig often since I have a day job which is demanding a lot of time.

Bobby B
ChicagoDJV 4:41 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:

Before you go hating, maybe you should read my post. It wasn't "I didn't want to read this whole thing, so tell me why my device/software doesn't work," but rather, "I read the whole thing and wanted to add my findings, including solutions I found."

1. 1.7 worked on Yosemite until I re-installed the drivers. Drivers from my Mavericks install on 1.7 worked just fine.

2. Once I re-installed the drivers, 1.7 and 1.7.1 would not see the SL2 or SL3.

3. The 1.6.3 drivers wouldn't work unless the kext files were first deleted, so I used the SSL 2.5 drivers instead.

4. Switching between desktops on OS X may cause the Serato DJ to crash, and you may find yourself at the OS X log-in screen (losing all data in all apps).
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:44 PM - 30 October, 2014
It was aimed at people before you :-)
PopRoXxX 4:50 PM - 30 October, 2014
Old 1.7 Rane drivers do NOT work on Yosemite and 1.6.3 drivers only work if you delete the 1.7 driver and start over with 1.6.3 (as stated numerous times above)

I've deleted and reinstalled SDJ 1.7 vs 1.7.1 vs 1.6.3 Rane drivers numerous times (like prob 10-12 lol) in the last month. It works the same way every time
PopRoXxX 4:51 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
It was aimed at people before you :-)

And this too for you ChicagoDJV :)
PopRoXxX 5:02 PM - 30 October, 2014
I should also add that if/when you try the 1.6.3 route again: Make sure you update the Rane's firmware against the 1.6.3 driver via the System Preferences Panel. NOT by using Serato to update the firmware (unless you've already took the plunge with the 1.7.2 beta)
Dominic Carter™ 5:04 PM - 30 October, 2014
So far 1.7.2 beta was the most stable that I've tried. HID Mode scratching was back in full effect with little to no latency. Only 2 bugs that I saw was loading tracks from prepare window caused a crash and deleting files that were no longer in library caused a crash (only tried with offline player for that one) - Note: there's a recent beta of 1.7.2 that according to friends of mine already fixes these 2 issues I've spoken of. I used the first beta on an SL3, and SL4 in a live club setting (as scary as it was) with HID mode + CDJs and turntables and got through it without any hiccups. (Thankfully I didn't use "prepare") I'm on yosemite. And I'm using Serato DJ 1.7.2 (latest beta) as my primary. I haven't tried using SSL because I'm not sure how it will play with Yosemite despite it's rock solid performance on older Mavericks. This is the first time since a very long time that I've been able to scratch again with HID mode and Serato DJ. Last time I was able to do that was probably Serato DJ 1.5 with the DDJSX - So non skipping and pitch jump issues with HID Mode that I had with SSL make for a real treat on the latest and greatest version of Serato DJ. Can't wait until final comes out. Anyone else want to chime in on actually rock solid performance from the latest beta?
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:12 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
So non skipping and pitch jump issues with HID Mode that I had with SSL

I still every so often get these issues in SDJ.

* Track restarts back to the start.

* Pitch Jump

* Track Jump

So they are still there, But some times i can go with none of those happening.

The vibration skip that was in SSL is fixed in SDJ tho.
PopRoXxX 5:14 PM - 30 October, 2014
Read what I wrote here (and below it) regarding the newest beta. Maybe it will help you out.

serato.com

And also, if you have the correct drivers/firmware (newer Rane devices) SSL is still rock solid. I've even been using my 57 a lot on Yosemite and SSL 2.5. Still solid as ever.
PopRoXxX 5:15 PM - 30 October, 2014
^^^^ HID not included in that though. Sorry about that part
Dominic Carter™ 5:18 PM - 30 October, 2014
You're saying the track restarts back to the beginning in the middle of the song playing?!
- Also are you saying that the pitch is ultra sensitive or jumping in the middle of song playing / mixing?

Quote:
Quote:
So non skipping and pitch jump issues with HID Mode that I had with SSL

I still every so often get these issues in SDJ.

* Track restarts back to the start.

* Pitch Jump

* Track Jump

So they are still there, But some times i can go with none of those happening.

The vibration skip that was in SSL is fixed in SDJ tho.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:21 PM - 30 October, 2014
* in middle of the song. BOOM starts playing from the start again.

* The pitch percentage randomly changes + or - for no reason, Move pitch slider a little and it will go back to where you just moved the pitch slider.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:22 PM - 30 October, 2014
SO say mixing a track and both decks are pitch to both be 125bpm one will for no reason change pitch and now be 129bpm. So your mix is a train wreck.
Bobby B 5:29 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Before you go hating, maybe you should read my post. It wasn't "I didn't want to read this whole thing, so tell me why my device/software doesn't work," but rather, "I read the whole thing and wanted to add my findings, including solutions I found."

1. 1.7 worked on Yosemite until I re-installed the drivers. Drivers from my Mavericks install on 1.7 worked just fine.

2. Once I re-installed the drivers, 1.7 and 1.7.1 would not see the SL2 or SL3.

3. The 1.6.3 drivers wouldn't work unless the kext files were first deleted, so I used the SSL 2.5 drivers instead.

4. Switching between desktops on OS X may cause the Serato DJ to crash, and you may find yourself at the OS X log-in screen (losing all data in all apps).

Yes I did read the whole thing and i am aware of the issues and stumbling blocks lie on the path I'm on. But you do have to realise without us testing it and giving feedback the issues aren't going to get iron out. But thank you for the heads up. Just to clarify the last point you made about switching OSX make Serato DJ to crash do you mean having multiple macs with different OSX or Swtching the OSX back and forth on the same mac?

@LJ_WOOLSEY - I had seen a post of yours in one of the threads and you do mention a workaround. So If all goes well it should work if not I'll find a way then.

Quote:
Old 1.7 Rane drivers do NOT work on Yosemite and 1.6.3 drivers only work if you delete the 1.7 driver and start over with 1.6.3 (as stated numerous times above)

I've deleted and reinstalled SDJ 1.7 vs 1.7.1 vs 1.6.3 Rane drivers numerous times (like prob 10-12 lol) in the last month. It works the same way every time

Thanks poproxxx, I will look into it too, Because i have followed your posts on what's working and what's not.
Djaward 5:33 PM - 30 October, 2014
Any problems with the 64 mixer?
PopRoXxX 5:43 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks poproxxx, I will look into it too, Because i have followed your posts on what's working and what's not.

Awesome! And don't forget this important part when you play around :)

Quote:
I should also add that if/when you try the 1.6.3 route again: Make sure you update the Rane's firmware against the 1.6.3 driver via the System Preferences Panel. NOT by using Serato to update the firmware (unless you've already took the plunge with the 1.7.2 beta)
Bobby B 6:04 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:

* The pitch percentage randomly changes + or - for no reason, Move pitch slider a little and it will go back to where you just moved the pitch slider.

Hey Woolsey,

I have been using HID since it came out on SSL And SDJ as well. Just make sure is the issue that's happening with you is on the new beta of SDJ on yosemite or did it happen on SSL and SDJ with older versions of the OSX. The reason I'm asking is because I used have a particular issue with both SSL and SDJ is that when the tracks were playing and all of a sudden a portion of the track is gone missing or sometimes the entire track and virtual deck spinning in the middle of a mix.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:10 PM - 30 October, 2014
Never had that issue. But yes all versions of sdj have this issue on any OSX. I am working with serato totry and reproduce it but it's impossible to reproduce it just happens some times randomly. So far im thinking its a vibration issue :-(
Dominic Carter™ 6:11 PM - 30 October, 2014
I've used both SSL & SDJ for a very long time & have never experienced the track jumping to the beginning in the middle of a song...thankfully. I'm going to hunt around & see if i see a lot of other users have this issue. I've had the train wreck pitch sensitivity / shifting issue with SSL. Not noticeably with SDJ. SDJ solved the vibration / random skipping which was so important to me that I traded that solid performance for scratching. A lot of people I know still use SSL with HID to scratch but won't mind the skipping/pitch issues because they've gotten used to it or feel it doesn't happen enough during the night to be a problem.

Quote:

LJ_WOOLSEY 12:43 PM - 31 October, 2014
Any of you guys getting USB/AUDIO Dropouts with Yosemite?

I am getting them they are a silence for about 1sec to 1.5sec BUT i never get any USB Dropout lights come up in SDJ. The dropout indicator log in the _Serato_ Folder says no drop outs.

BUT in the LOG Folder i see this for each dropout...

Quote:

I1031 02:12:27.653296 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2924] Audio Connection to Device: Rane SL3 succeeded
I1031 02:13:26.268950 2966704128 CNativeMixer.cpp:1648] Audio dropout check triggered audio stream restart (58486,4294967295)
I1031 02:13:26.268973 2966704128 CNativeMixer.cpp:1919] Restarting the audio stream
I1031 02:13:26.280414 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:1929] Restarting native mixer
I1031 02:13:26.513752 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2771] Try to start audio for: Rane SL3
I1031 02:13:26.513772 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2837] Starting Audio Connection to Device: Rane SL3
I1031 02:13:26.521519 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2134] Allocating buffer with size [240], for latency [5] ms
I1031 02:13:26.529033 2699956692 CPortAudio.cpp:724] Connecting to device with sample rate [48000] and buffer size [240].
I1031 02:13:26.532974 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2924] Audio Connection to Device: Rane SL3 succeeded

So i ask if ANYONE gets any USB Dropouts at ALL please goto the BETA area and report it so this can be looked into.

Open BETA support ticket ----> serato.com

Thanks.
PancraZ 8:59 PM - 31 October, 2014
Hi LJ,
I was told the drop out folder is broken in SDJ with Yosemite.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:33 PM - 31 October, 2014
Thanks for that info. Also interesting. I guess the usb dropout light also does not work with Yosmite.
ParisCreative 12:25 PM - 2 November, 2014
Quote:
Any of you guys getting USB/AUDIO Dropouts with Yosemite?

I am getting them they are a silence for about 1sec to 1.5sec BUT i never get any USB Dropout lights come up in SDJ. The dropout indicator log in the _Serato_ Folder says no drop outs.

BUT in the LOG Folder i see this for each dropout...

Quote:
I1031 02:12:27.653296 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2924] Audio Connection to Device: Rane SL3 succeeded
I1031 02:13:26.268950 2966704128 CNativeMixer.cpp:1648] Audio dropout check triggered audio stream restart (58486,4294967295)
I1031 02:13:26.268973 2966704128 CNativeMixer.cpp:1919] Restarting the audio stream
I1031 02:13:26.280414 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:1929] Restarting native mixer
I1031 02:13:26.513752 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2771] Try to start audio for: Rane SL3
I1031 02:13:26.513772 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2837] Starting Audio Connection to Device: Rane SL3
I1031 02:13:26.521519 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2134] Allocating buffer with size [240], for latency [5] ms
I1031 02:13:26.529033 2699956692 CPortAudio.cpp:724] Connecting to device with sample rate [48000] and buffer size [240].
I1031 02:13:26.532974 2699956692 CNativeMixer.cpp:2924] Audio Connection to Device: Rane SL3 succeeded

So i ask if ANYONE gets any USB Dropouts at ALL please goto the BETA area and report it so this can be looked into.

Open BETA support ticket ----> serato.com

Thanks.

This is exactly what is happening to me. First I thought it was my controller or a cable, but everything seemed random. Bug submitted.
Dj AR1 7:05 PM - 2 November, 2014
I try the 1.7.2 beta last nitr n everything works good with the Yosemite.
DJ DNA Maurizio 1:20 AM - 4 November, 2014
oi guys i try with reloop terminal mix 8... disaster try to dowload yosemite.... hope in look
DJ DNA Maurizio 6:03 PM - 4 November, 2014
Hi, I'm back to using Scratch Live with turntables and RANE SL3 using OS X 10.9.5. After using reloop terminal mix 8 and SeratoDJ. The USB kept dropping out on me and glitching the sound. Does anyone have any other ideas about how to fix these problems. I spent 500euro on reloop 1300 on a new mac and 200 for a ****bag!...and now I have to return to turntables. I sent Serato 3 letters but no answer. What next???? i.e What do I do next...any suggestions. If I understand correctly that Yosemtite and Maverick are not stable with Serato DJ and the controllers, but stable with Rane SL3. Is that right?
ChicagoDJV 6:07 PM - 4 November, 2014
I had many less dropouts after I disabled WiFi. There are many other tricks to optimize your computer for Serato.

support.serato.com
Dj AR1 6:55 PM - 4 November, 2014
Im trying to do an upgrqde on my ram. Who can help me wit dat. Pm me plis.
Quote:
I had many less dropouts after I disabled WiFi. There are many other tricks to optimize your computer for Serato.

support.serato.com

When u talking bout dropouts u talking bout music droping like if it was goin to shut off?
DJ DNA Maurizio 9:01 PM - 4 November, 2014
yes is going on off
Dj AR1
Chicago djv less drop out in public is not right... i loos night and credits
Dj AR1 3:56 AM - 5 November, 2014
Quote:
yes is going on off
Dj AR1
Chicago djv less drop out in public is not right... i loos night and credits

i was having the same problem, but wit the beta 1.7.2 it got fix.

now any body knows or can help me to find out with memory ram or model i need for my laptop.
this is wat i have 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.
im trying to go to 16gigs ram.
thanks guys and good luck to every one wit the new update.
DJ DNA Maurizio 11:32 PM - 5 November, 2014
i ask about that on a shop tomorrow maybe they give the answer..
Dj AR1 11:36 PM - 5 November, 2014
Quote:
i ask about that on a shop tomorrow maybe they give the answer..

ok thanks
cheekyme 12:07 AM - 6 November, 2014
hi

has anyone tested yosemite with the sx?

was gonna read the thread but got confused by people getting all angry and saying nasty things?

does the sx work??

i will not believe u anyway and will stick to Mavericks

goodnight
Dj Ricky Redz 5:20 AM - 6 November, 2014
curious about yosemite and the sr...
Joe Fresh 6:03 AM - 6 November, 2014
Yes the SX works fine with Yosemite and SDJ 1.7.2.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:29 AM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:
Yes the SX works fine with Yosemite and SDJ 1.7.2.

For some others are having this 1 to 1.5 second no audio drop out. Which seems tobe a new issue to Yosmite. And more and more reports of this issue is popping up in the beta area.
DJ DNA Maurizio 9:06 AM - 6 November, 2014
for me to yosomvite work good ... one drop out but compare to dj serato ...is gold.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:49 PM - 6 November, 2014
If anyone is getting USB Dropouts I.E 1Second of no audio then please open a bug report here ---> serato.com Once you have opened the bug report please include all this information as it will help Serato and speed up the support.

•Your macs system profile. Goto the Apple logo at top left > About This Mac > System Report > File > Save. Once it is saved upload it here by using the Attach A File Button below.

•Then to find the LOGS For the session you had these issues. (The logs will be dated and timed to when you closed SDJ down at the end of your session)
Goto your Music folder > _Serato_ > Logs > Then look for the session and upload here using the Attach A File Botton below.

•Also upload the DropoutCount.log To find this goto your Music folder > _Serato_ > Then you will see DropoutCount.log Just upload that file.

• How often do you get these drop outs?
• Are you using Pitch 'n Time DJ?
• Where is your USB buffer set to?
• Have you experienced dropouts in previous versions of Serato DJ, or is this first time you have tried Serato DJ?
• Have you only seen these issues since using Yosemite

This info should help.

Thanks.

Once again add this information to your OWN bug report and you can simply open one here ---> serato.com

Let's see if we can help Serato find the Yosemite 1 second audio loss issues.
Youngtee 8:13 PM - 6 November, 2014
I am having issues with my USB but I think its more related to Yosemite update also my thunderbolt connection don't work since update pain in the butt.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:30 PM - 6 November, 2014
Then open a bug report as mentioned above with all that detail.
DJ DNA Maurizio 11:29 PM - 6 November, 2014
sorry today is different even can open the music folde serrate beta drop...
Dj AR1 9:03 AM - 7 November, 2014
Quote:
hi

was gonna read the thread but got confused by people getting all angry and saying nasty things?

does the sx work??

goodnight

Yes it does work perfect
DaBarber 11:35 PM - 12 November, 2014
SSL 2.5 & TTM57SL running on Yosemite with no problems so far.
17" MBP 2.93 GHz Intel Core2Duo / 8GB DDR3 RAM / 1TB HD.

Double check USB cables and ports.
monchi 7:22 PM - 13 November, 2014
If anyone is running 3rd party ssd maybe ,
www.zdnet.com
DJ KRAZY 510 5:44 AM - 18 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
hi

does the sx work??

goodnight
WORKS GOOD...I RUN IT WITH SX - SX2- SZ
Yes it does work perfect
DJ KRAZY 510 5:47 AM - 18 November, 2014
So I just updated to Yosemite

Already used sl1 - sl4- sx- sx2- sz - rane 62 and 57......working fine. Did 2 hr club gig and 9 hr mobile gig, ran smooth.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:26 AM - 18 November, 2014
Hi Guys Serato have another BETA out for 1.7.2 and it has a ''FIX'' for usb dropouts.

Be good if you can all test out and see if your usb dropout issues are fixed if you had them when upgrading to Yosemite with 1.7.2BETA

Quote:

Serato DJ 1.7.2.4859 ---> serato.com

Hello everyone,

In this release we have worked on two major outstanding issues with Serato DJ.

1. We've implemented a workaround for the dropout and large latency with DVS hardware on Mac OS X. This particular issue is not caused by Serato DJ, but we can now detect when the issue happens so that the workaround can be automatically applied. We are working together with our partners to identify a root cause.

See more information about this issue here: support.serato.com

2. We believe that we significantly reduced quick audible dropouts that were reported by many when using OS X Yosemite. If there is no improvement in this build for you, then please provide feedback by submitting a new bug report, or posting in your existing report.

Cheers.

Also if you have not yet joined or used the BETA you can find the 1.7.2BETA Area here ---> serato.com
shadow23 8:29 AM - 18 November, 2014
Also to add to the new 1.7.2 beta, Yosemite just got a new update too. It's up to 10.10.1 now.
Youngtee 8:36 AM - 18 November, 2014
its running ok with my sixtyone a few little bugs but nothing major I will put in a bug report for it though.

one thing that is a major is my thunderbolt port won't read my external HD and I can do video cause I use the thunderbolt is anyone else got this issue.

I think its a yosemite issue more than anything judging by the post I have seen
Djaward 7:52 PM - 18 November, 2014
So Im about to make a major purchase and want to make sure SDJ will run smooth on my laptop.

Im purchasing
A 62
Pioneer SP1

Im running on 10.6.8 on Mac
I havent downloaded Serato Dj yet (what version should I install)?

Will I be ok?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:01 PM - 18 November, 2014
Hey Djaward

Serato DJ no longer supports 10.6.8 so you will either need to upgrade your OS or download Serato DJ 1.6.3 or lower from the downloads archive.

Cheers,
Aaron
DJ SL1 8:04 PM - 18 November, 2014
I was having dropouts w Yosemite and my ddj-sz so hopefully this will take care of it. (Mac update)
djattila 9:56 PM - 18 November, 2014
The newest beta is legit ... Make sure to check it
Joe Fresh 9:57 PM - 18 November, 2014
Also make sure you update to the latest version of Yosemite if you're testing.
10.10.1 was released yesterday.
ParisCreative 10:47 PM - 18 November, 2014
I just did a 9 hour test run with the latest release and 10.10.1 with my buffer set to 1ms and my display framerate at 60fps. No dropouts!
djattila 10:48 PM - 18 November, 2014
Good to hear. Did u use dvs? Do u have PNT engaged ? What's your computer spects?
ParisCreative 10:55 PM - 18 November, 2014
NS7ii with a early-2011 MBP i5. 16GB ram. External 1TB drive via USB.

I have PnT but did not enable for this test.
djkavika 11:14 PM - 18 November, 2014
The newest beta fixed my audio dropouts that I have had on my Retina 13 with Mavericks and after I updated to Yosemite. Running Ns7 and Ns6. I never saw anything logged. It was worse on Yosemite.
Djaward 4:28 PM - 19 November, 2014
Quote:
Hey Djaward

Serato DJ no longer supports 10.6.8 so you will either need to upgrade your OS or download Serato DJ 1.6.3 or lower from the downloads archive.

Cheers,
Aaron

Aaron, so I updated my OS to Yosemite.

In order for everything to work perfectly on the 62 and SP1, what version of Serato dj should I download?
shadow23 5:46 PM - 19 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Djaward

Cheers,
Aaron

Aaron, so I updated my OS to Yosemite.

In order for everything to work perfectly on the 62 and SP1, what version of Serato dj should I download?

Excuse me for butting in but sounds like the 1.7.2 beta is working better on Yosemite.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:40 PM - 19 November, 2014
@Djaward

shadow23 is correct that the 1.7.2 beta is the best option to run with Yosemite as we have implemented a number of fixes for issues that were showing up in 10.10.

You can download it here: serato.com
BleedR 7:46 PM - 19 November, 2014
If possible stay till the final release of 1.7.2 on 10.8.x or if not possible 10.9
shadow23 7:16 PM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
If possible stay till the final release of 1.7.2 on 10.8.x or if not possible 10.9

After trying Yosemite 10.10.1 I have to say I can't use it. Didn't have issues with SDJ 1.7.2 beta but Yosemite itself is just buggy. Accessing server files are slow. Activating my SDJ expansion packs were slower.

Have gone back to Mavericks and SDJ 1.7.1 until Yosemite gets sorted out. Really can't take the chance using Yosemite at a gig tonight.
Djaward 11:44 PM - 21 November, 2014
I dont know how it works, but why is it taking so long for Serato to figure this out?

Is this normal?
Dj AR1 4:58 AM - 22 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

After trying Yosemite 10.10.1 I have to say I can't use it. Didn't have issues with SDJ 1.7.2 beta but Yosemite itself is just buggy. Accessing server files are slow. Activating my SDJ expansion packs were slower.

Have gone back to Mavericks and SDJ 1.7.1 until Yosemite gets sorted out. Really can't take the chance using Yosemite at a gig tonight.

i agree 100% percent with u...
how can i go back to mavericks??? can you help me out.
Djaward 6:54 AM - 22 November, 2014
I dont know where to post this to or who to send it to so Im gonna post it here.

Im on the latest version of Mac

Im running Serato 2.4.3

When Im offline and I press Control Arrow Left to chose a song, It keeps sending me to the widget section.

In order for me to chose a song, I must press shift arrow left.

How do I disable the widget and have serato working like it used too?
shadow23 7:21 AM - 22 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The only way you can go back is use a time machine backup (if you made one) you need to find the Mavericks installer app.

When I bought my MBP it came with Mavericks so I just made a TM backup before I tried Yosemite.

I did find the Mavericks installer app. I'm at a gig now so I can't give you the link because I used my PC to download the app in .zip form.
DJ Arries 11:00 AM - 22 November, 2014
Quote:
@Djaward

shadow23 is correct that the 1.7.2 beta is the best option to run with Yosemite as we have implemented a number of fixes for issues that were showing up in 10.10.

You can download it here: serato.com

I know it's dodgy but played with the latest 1.7.2 Beta at a 21st last night (not such a big crowd as a normal club etc. so took the chance) and all worked flawlessly. Better then 1.7.1 and I am on Yosemite
DJ Remix Detroit 6:19 PM - 22 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just create a smaller seperate partition and run mavericks and sdj off of that.

Once a more stable final sdj realease comes out for yosemite, then you can just erase the mavericks partition and carry on with your main partition.
djattila 6:25 PM - 22 November, 2014
Must say .. I'm very impressed with the latest beta... The PNT plug in still needs work but over all it's been the best SDJ to date.... The effects still need some work as well but I feel like they are relly trying to improve the sofware
PopRoXxX 8:16 PM - 22 November, 2014
Quote:
Must say .. I'm very impressed with the latest beta... The PNT plug in still needs work but over all it's been the best SDJ to date.... The effects still need some work as well but I feel like they are relly trying to improve the sofware

Yeah. I had some bad PnT issues with the latest beta release. But once I disabled PnT in setup, it IMMEDIATELY became the most stable release for Yosemite hands down!
djattila 10:31 PM - 22 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah. I had some bad PnT issues with the latest beta release. But once I disabled PnT in setup, it IMMEDIATELY became the most stable release for Yosemite hands down!

serato.com
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:20 PM - 23 November, 2014
Hey Djaward

Quote:
I dont know how it works, but why is it taking so long for Serato to figure this out?

Is this normal?

Although we do a fair amount of testing on the beta versions fro an OS X update prior to them being released, we can't start testing the public version until it's released. This is why there is always a lag between the release of the OS and our support for it.

Some companies just say 'yeah it's supported' from day one and then deal with the hate in their support channels if something goes wrong. We prefer to guide users to stay on a stable version of their OS until we can confirm the new version works well.

We've implemented a number of fixes in the Serato DJ 1.7.2 beta since the public release of OS X 10.10 Yosemite and are hoping to announce full support before too long.

Aaron
Djaward 4:55 PM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
Hey Djaward

Quote:

Is this normal?

Although we do a fair amount of testing on the beta versions fro an OS X update prior to them being released, we can't start testing the public version until it's released. This is why there is always a lag between the release of the OS and our support for it.

Some companies just say 'yeah it's supported' from day one and then deal with the hate in their support channels if something goes wrong. We prefer to guide users to stay on a stable version of their OS until we can confirm the new version works well.

We've implemented a number of fixes in the Serato DJ 1.7.2 beta since the public release of OS X 10.10 Yosemite and are hoping to announce full support before too long.

Aaron

Thank you Aaron. I hope I didnt sound disrespectful, I just didnt know how things worked. Thanks for clearing that up.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:54 PM - 24 November, 2014
No problem at all man - gave me a good public opportunity to clarify how we go about support for new OS versions :)

Cheers
a saad 2:00 AM - 25 November, 2014
Hola escribo en español, disculpas.

yo he usado serato DJ sin problema alguno, hasta que actualize a Yosemite, después de esto he experimentado en todos mis eventos en vivo algunos cortes de audio por segundos, después vuelve a entrar el audio en el lugar donde se quedo la canción.

esto es terrible al momento de presentar en vivo, aunque son pocos cortes y muy chicos es muy molesto ante la audiencia.

Ya probe la version Beta 1.7.2 y aun es peor, los cortes son mas largos (3 seg). pero con menor frecuencia.
también probe no usando efectos ni video y también se cortan los audios.

también desactive el WI-Fi pensando que iba a solucionar, pero no. también hay cortes.

por periodos cortos o largos también se cortan los audios.

describo mi equipo:

MacBookPro 15 retina 8 Giga en RAM y HD solidi de 254 gs. Core i7 240 GHrz.
controlador Pionner DDJ SX.

mi correo es: asm.producciones@hotmail.com
me gustaría recibir ayuda por favor, gracias.
Serato, Support
Juano Y 10:18 PM - 26 November, 2014
a saad,

Parece ser que hay algo mas que esta pasando con tu sistema.
¿Puedes crear un HELP REQUEST asi lo vemos en detalle?
Aqui te dejo el link:
support.serato.com
Djaward 7:33 AM - 29 November, 2014
Just played with serato dj 1.7.2 on Yosemete and it worked flawless.

I was practicing at home in INT mode. Never had a drop out and did not have one issue.

I was using my new 62 mixer along with a Pioneer DDJ-SP1.

Both amazing products, cant wait to use at the gig tomorrow. I still have serato Scratch live on the desk top for backup.

I cant wait till you guys release the official version.
DJ Arries 11:05 AM - 30 November, 2014
So yesterday I plaid at a birthday party in the morning
(from +-11h00 to 13h00) (lots of scratching, effects usage etc)
and did a wedding the evening (played from +-20h00 to 1h00)

I am on OSX 10.10.1 and the 1.7.2 Beta (newest one to date) with a DDJ-S1

And I am glad to report I had ZERO drop outs:

2014/11/29, 13:10:23 SAST Limiter Indicator
2014/11/29, 13:10:23 SAST Total Unmasked Dropouts: 0
2014/11/29, 13:10:23 SAST Total Masked Dropouts: 0
2014/11/29, 13:10:23 SAST Callback Dropout Indicator
2014/11/29, 13:10:23 SAST Total Unmasked Dropouts: 0
2014/11/29, 13:10:23 SAST Total Masked Dropouts: 0
2014/11/30, 02:11:20 SAST Limiter Indicator
2014/11/30, 02:11:20 SAST Total Unmasked Dropouts: 0
2014/11/30, 02:11:20 SAST Total Masked Dropouts: 0
2014/11/30, 02:11:20 SAST Callback Dropout Indicator
2014/11/30, 02:11:20 SAST Total Unmasked Dropouts: 0
2014/11/30, 02:11:20 SAST Total Masked Dropouts: 0

When I was still using 1.7.1 with Mavericks I sometimes looked at my dropoutcount.log and even though I never heard any drop outs there often where a few indicated in the log, I am extremely happy that I now had none!! :)

Thanks for the hard work Serato
DJ Arries 11:07 AM - 30 November, 2014
played*
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:04 PM - 30 November, 2014
Thanks guys - great feedback :)
Djaward 5:54 PM - 1 December, 2014
Used Serato dj 1.7.2 with Yosemete on Saturday for 8 hours straight.

Couple of things I noticed but not sure of they are bugs.

-Cant enable Smart Sync
-Cant search Library by simply typing. I have to go into the search part and search for a track there. In Serato Scratch Live, I was able to search for a track by just clicking the song tab and start typing. When I just start typing, it seems like the CAPS button is pressed and certain letters triggers some kind of effect.

Other than that, I had ZERO problems with Serato Dj.
DJ Baby Boy 11:55 PM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:

-Cant enable Smart Sync
-Cant search Library by simply typing. I have to go into the search part and search for a track there. In Serato Scratch Live, I was able to search for a track by just clicking the song tab and start typing. When I just start typing, it seems like the CAPS button is pressed and certain letters triggers some kind of effect.

If you're using DVS with SDJ smart sync cannot be enabled and as far as the searching in the setup menu make sure that keyboard shortcuts use shift is enabled that will allow you to search as you did before
dj govin 11:54 AM - 2 December, 2014
Guys I'm using 13 inch macbook pro late 2011. All i want to know is that does scratch live 2.5 work on yosemite for SL1?

And for SDJ, I'm currently using 1.7.1, will it work fine on new yosemite?

Im very scared to upgrade as i have gig very often. If there is any problems, please write down in point form if you guys can. Thanx guys.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:16 PM - 2 December, 2014
Don't udate to Yosemite. Hope that helps.
shadow23 4:29 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Guys I'm using 13 inch macbook pro late 2011. All i want to know is that does scratch live 2.5 work on yosemite for SL1?

And for SDJ, I'm currently using 1.7.1, will it work fine on new yosemite?

Im very scared to upgrade as i have gig very often. If there is any problems, please write down in point form if you guys can. Thanx guys.

Like LJ_WOOLSEY mentioned, don't upgrade if you want to use SSL. But 1.7.2 beta seems to work fine with Yosemite.

To be on the safe side I would not upgrade to Yosemite if you have a gig soon.
Dj AR1 11:05 PM - 2 December, 2014
even mydmx2.0 didn't work good on yosemite. i had to go back to mavericks.
everything works good.
Djaward 12:06 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

-Cant enable Smart Sync

I will make sure thats checked off.

If you're using DVS with SDJ smart sync cannot be enabled and as far as the searching in the setup menu make sure that keyboard shortcuts use shift is enabled that will allow you to search as you did before

I will make sure thats checked off.

How do I know if I using DVS or not? Im just using SERATO DJ with a 62, SP1 and 2 Technics.

Sorry for the lame question.
djattila 12:08 AM - 4 December, 2014
DVS = Digital vaginal system

:)
cheekyme 12:30 AM - 4 December, 2014
so...... the benefits of upgrading ur work machine to Yosemite is/are?
DJMark 1:04 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
so...... the benefits of upgrading ur work machine to Yosemite is/are?

Loss of general stability. Loss of compatibility with some apps. Strange looking new Finder icons. Odd new wifi bugs. Odd new display bugs.

I've had Yosemite installed on a test machine (one of my backup laptops) for awhile now, I'm seriously considering re-cloning the archive of the boot drive I did right before installing Yosemite. Waiting to see if maybe 10.10.2 gives any significant improvements.

No way in hell would I run Yosemite on any primary "work machine" at this time.
DJMark 1:15 AM - 4 December, 2014
Add to my list: inability to create a password-protected ad-hoc network. That one is a serious "WTF".
shadow23 1:16 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
Add to my list: inability to create a password-protected ad-hoc network. That one is a serious "WTF".

Glad I have stayed with Mavericks
Dj AR1 3:28 AM - 4 December, 2014
even ableton crash
Djaward 5:51 AM - 4 December, 2014
Serato PEEPS, theres no AUTO PLAY in 1.7.2

Can you guys please add that. I use it in internal mode.
BleedR 11:03 AM - 4 December, 2014
As a former Apple employe I can tell you that the BENEFITS form Yosemite are really awesome, it may be that you are not using that much features so you don't notice...
From hands off till phoning with your mac, all really breakthrough features!
Dominic Carter™ 11:39 AM - 4 December, 2014
Main reason why I switched over BleedR. & by switching over I mean couldn't wait as soon as Yosemite came out publicly. They had me at the redesigned iTunes haha. As soon as I had that on mavericks I was sold. There are a slew of new features and honestly my laptop feels brand new. This is the first major OS overhaul in a long time which includes a redesigned UI. handoff was a big incentive as well. Too many little goodies that I like to use about the OS that compliments my everyday lifestyle.

So far I haven't had any hiccups or audio drop outs on the latest beta from Serato DJ. & the fact that I can actually scratch again is the biggest reason for me choosing to use the beta over the previous final. I guess there are benefits to using new software despite the risks. Depends on what mission critical apps you use. But I have used the program successfully with maybe 1 or 2 hiccups in earlier betas that were addressed as the beta progressed. I think either one more beta or a few bug fixes in the final release and we are good to go. It can only get better from here. So far I can't see myself needing to ever using scratch live again.
Djaward 11:30 PM - 8 December, 2014
Nicely done Serato dj peeps. I will download 1.7.2 tonight.
BeatBanguz 11:42 PM - 8 December, 2014
Has anyone updated the DDJ SX2 firmware in Yosemite? Having issues getting this done
DJ SL1 12:57 AM - 9 December, 2014
I just got my official update email
djdanbkk 3:08 AM - 9 December, 2014
For people getting the dropouts. I changed my buffer to 10 and in display updates per second from 60 to 50 and now i can't remember the last drop out I got. It helped a lot! give it a try
DJ SL1 3:10 AM - 9 December, 2014
the official update is out now we should be fine
Free Man 3:18 AM - 9 December, 2014
Sure crossing my fingers... i was having the audio cutting out for a second randomly. Other times it would stutter and freeze then catch up playing at like 24 times the speed.
Youngtee 8:17 PM - 9 December, 2014
Update seems to be really solid loving it a lot
djattila 8:19 PM - 9 December, 2014
have not had a chance to even download the new official release. Good to be getting some solid reports about it
spofftastic 6:44 AM - 10 December, 2014
Played tonight for a 3 1/2 hour set - upgraded to Yosemite yesterday and updated to 1.7.2 and new Rane 61 driver. Ran with no problems. No FX being used - just Mixing.
Dj Toobs 8:07 AM - 10 December, 2014
Downloaded Yosemite, 1.7.2 and Rane 62 update driver today. Spun a 1 hour video set on it and had no problems.
FYI: i used MixEmergency not Serato Video.
Dj AR1 3:25 PM - 10 December, 2014
what about mydmx2.0?
BleedR 7:44 PM - 11 December, 2014
Yosemite, 1.7.2 I had the following for 1 hour playing:
11.12.14 19:44:52 MEZ Total Unmasked Dropouts: 960

Doesn't look that good :(

Browsing my history before Yosemite and with 1.7.0 as latest release I had always 0!
9 hour sets - still 0...
Supagee 10:49 PM - 15 December, 2014
Did anyone else lose all their settings when they upgraded to the new release? I ended up having to go in and toggle all my settings i had on and off as well i lost all my sample settings, they all reverted to empty. I also noticed that the master volume on the sampler window keeps going back to 0 when i open and close SDJ. This wasn't the case with the older versions of SDJ where the volume you set stayed there.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:06 AM - 16 December, 2014
That doesn't sound good Supagee. Your preferences file may have become corrupted somehow.

Try moving all Serato preferences files onto your desktop and then selecting all your options again to see if that helps.

• Close all applications.
• At your desktop hold down "option" then click "Go" > Library > Preferences.
• Move the following files to the desktop.
_com.serato.dj.plist_
_com.serato.scratchlive.plist_
_com.serato.seratodj.plist_

If you still have trouble after that, please open a help request at support.serato.com so one of the team can troubleshoot with you.

Cheers,
Aaron
djtodd 2:06 PM - 17 December, 2014
Hello.

First, thank you for your time. I apologize if this has been answered already.

I'm going to purchase a new Mac Laptop. My concerns are the compatibility issues I keep reading about. I use the SL3 Interface with Control Vinyl on Technics 1200 turntables.

Here is is the Mac information I'm considering:

13-inch Macbook Air with 1.7 Ghz Dual-core Intel core i7, turbo boost up to 3.3 Ghz
8GB RAM
512 GB PCI-e-based flash shortage
Thunderbolt to Firewire Adaptor

Will Yosemite work? If not, what OS should I be looking for? Maverick, Lion?

Kind Regards,

Todd
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:13 PM - 17 December, 2014
Hey Todd

That setup should be all good with Yosemite and Serato DJ 1.7.2. Hit up info@serato.com if you have any further specific questions and one of the team can help you out.

Cheers,
Aaron
Djaward 5:13 PM - 18 December, 2014
Question Serato fam,

First off, everything is working flawlessly on Serato Dj 1.7.2 I just have a minor issue that I need help with,

On a main crate I click the SONG tab up on top to organize my songs in alphabetical order, but for my sub crate, I want to organize it in numerical order (the order I added songs to the crate). When I click song tab on the main crate, it also changes to song order in my subcrate. It gets annoying clicking tabs back and forth every time I click into a different crate.

HOW CAN I TURN THIS OFF?

Hope this makes sense.
DJ Sidies 6:07 PM - 18 December, 2014
I would also like to know this
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:26 AM - 19 December, 2014
Yeah man, totally makes sense :)

There is an option in Setup > Library + Display called Custom Crate Columns. Check this box and your preferences will be remembered separately for each crate/subcrate.

Great to hear everything's going well with 1.7.2 man.

Aaron
DJ Mike Torres 3:02 AM - 22 December, 2014
Serato Video Nuubie

I recorded my first mix using Yosemite and the updated Serato 1.7.2. I only purchased Video last month as I am wanting to mix videos now. The mix recorded as an .avi, but when I play it back I only get back audio. Videos display while mixing, but on playback no dice.

I did set the mix to Video Mix in the Record section.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
BleedR 9:47 AM - 22 December, 2014
Wrong Codec Mike? Try VLC Player and it's btw the wrong post ;)
DJ Sidies 11:47 AM - 22 December, 2014
to convert it if ur on a mac use handbreak
DJ Mike Torres 1:56 PM - 22 December, 2014
Thanks. I was thinking this was an issue with Yosemite. Thanks
vinnymac 5:17 PM - 30 December, 2014
Running Yosemite 10.10 with serato dj on 1.7.2 still getting audio drop outs with pioneer ddj-sz, is serato dj stable with 10.10.1 ? Do u think updating will help my issue buffer set to 10 atm
Djaward 5:22 PM - 30 December, 2014
Im gonna ask here because I dont think this question needs its own thread.

Why would one PURCHASE seratodj? If I own a product (DJM900-SRT), am I good to work with any other product that has serato dj?

Am I wrong?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:56 PM - 30 December, 2014
@vinnymac - it would be best to open a help request at support.serato.com so one of the team can troubleshoot with you. Serato DJ 1.7.2 is stable with both 10.10 and 10.10.1

@Djaward - Some hardware is Serato DJ Enabled, which means you can simply plug it in and play (The DJM-900SRT, for example), whereas some hardware is SeratoDJ Upgrade Ready, which means it works out of the box with Serato DJ-Intro, but requires a license to work with Serato DJ (The Pioneer DDJ-SB for example). Even if you have an Enabled device like a DJM-900SRT, you will need to purchase a license if you want to use an Upgrade Ready device like a DDJ-SB.

Cheers,
Aaron
jah_bva 5:54 PM - 3 January, 2015
anyone experiencing any drop outs in the offline mode
My mac specs are as follows:-

mid 2012 MacBook pro 13"
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:03 AM - 4 January, 2015
Hey jah_bva

Best to open a help request at support.serato.com so one of the team can troubleshoot with you directly.

Thanks,
Aaron
Deejay Steve 4:18 AM - 4 January, 2015
Just thought I let you guys know how I'm getting on with Serato DJ 1.7.2 & OS X Yosemite.
My laptop is a late 2011 Macbook Pro 2Ghz i7 with 8Gb ram.
Updated yesterday to 10.10.1 Yosemite & tonight I had a flawless night using Serato DJ 1.7.2 on a DDJ-SX.
I didn't if I'm honest really push the software by using pads, audio filters etc as I was spinning video using ME but the software was totally stable.
Will post any bugs as I find them but so far a great start on a 5 1/2 hour set. I didn't delete files/creates etc so don't know if those issues are still there from Mavericks

Steve
BigWave DJ 5:04 PM - 4 January, 2015
I'm using Serato 1.7.2 & OS X Yosemite on both my MacBook Air Late 2010 1.6 GHz Core Duo 4GB 128 SSD and a MacBook Pro Early 2013 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 512 SSD. It just got the pro . I played 10 Live gigs with the Air and never an issue for an under spec machine.I have used the Pro for 2 Live gigs and I had an issue with reverse playback(I now have shift enabled).Last night was perfect,4 hours, no drop outs on the log.
The only things I have had hiccup with on both machines a couple times when I launch Serato,it hangs the computer. This is after I have transported the machine to the gig. Now ,I just shut down the Mac's instead of sleep,no problems since.
No issues in offline mode. Last night I notice one song that went yellow(missing) after I played it. After at home,open Serato and it was normal. Weird. This I have seen a couple times. The MBP has all the songs on the HD,no external.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:37 PM - 4 January, 2015
Thanks Steve and BigWave DJ - that's good feedback :)

@BigWave DJ - that is odd about the random 'missing file' that then comes back. If this becomes regular to the point of being problematic, hit up the team by opening a help request at support.serato.com and we'll try to figure out what might be happening for you.

Cheers,
Aaron
Matterhorn 6:39 AM - 7 January, 2015
Has anybody had issues with tracks not loading to the first cue point even though load to first cue point is selected in the setup menu? For me it loads slightly before the first cue pint. Also when loading tracks that have no cue points SDJ drops you right in the middle of the track. Didn't see anybody else report these issues and my DJ partner is having the same issue as well.
Matterhorn 6:49 AM - 7 January, 2015
Never mind. Figured it out. Had sticker lock checked.
javi214 6:18 PM - 9 January, 2015
hello Gents, i have a major problem i have a macbook pro late 2013 OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.1 8GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 AND i have the numark ns6 and i cannot get the device to connect to the latest serato itch 2.2 please help.. its always says hardware not connecting.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:53 PM - 9 January, 2015
Quote:
hello Gents, i have a major problem i have a macbook pro late 2013 OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.1 8GB 1600 MHZ DDR3 AND i have the numark ns6 and i cannot get the device to connect to the latest serato itch 2.2 please help.. its always says hardware not connecting.

Install sdj 1.7.2 and make sure you have the newest firmware and driver from Numarks website.
javi214 6:57 PM - 9 January, 2015
i did a bunch of times also and it doesn't connect to that software either
i deleted itch 2.2 and i just tried to download the one you suggested and it said it was closed
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:00 PM - 9 January, 2015
You got the newest drivers from here www.numark.com
javi214 7:04 PM - 9 January, 2015
Mac OSX Driver v3.2.0 1.98 MB, , zip

Mac OSX Driver v2.2.6 2.33 MB, , zip
which do i download?
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:53 PM - 9 January, 2015
Try both but the newest will be the higher number one
javi214 8:09 PM - 9 January, 2015
i did both neither work, im really bigining to doubt numark they don't even reply my emails..
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:20 PM - 9 January, 2015
Then open a help ticket with serato but it is now the weekend so you wont get a reply until next week.
Dj Ricky Redz 11:08 PM - 9 January, 2015
he keeps saying itch 2.2... you should be using serato dj 1.7.2 and not serato itch.
javi214 11:21 PM - 9 January, 2015
That one doesn't work either! I've tried all the serato and virtual dj and none work, I've already spoke to numark and they don't know was up hah smh
Serato, Support
Juano Y 10:31 PM - 11 January, 2015
Hi Javi,

I'm trying to help you out on the help ticket you sent us before. Please reply to it with the information and screenshots I'm asking so we can figure out what's causing this problem and try fix it :)

Need to establish a connection between the computer and controller first, and then look at the software to see what's up.

Cheers!
BleedR 8:36 PM - 13 January, 2015
Just an idea, check the MIDI settings (in Yosemite), and delete it from there and then reconnect!
Djaward 9:20 PM - 13 January, 2015
Im having trouble setting the BPM. For some reason, its a lot harder to set it in SERATO DJ vs. SSL. I have a 2010 mac and I tap the space bar and get nothing. I tap the track pad and it gets it but the tempo is off. If the track is a 90 bpm track, the program picks up the bpm at 30 or jumps to a crazy number like 160.

I know Im doing right because I close SDJ and open SSL and it works great.

Is there something I need to check or uncheck?
Deejay Steve 10:58 PM - 13 January, 2015
Your problem might be easier to solve by using the edit grid function with the sync turned on in settings. I don't personally use sync but accurate beat grids are needed for using the effects on my DDJ-SX & this also sorts out the BPMs. SSL works different to Serato DJ
Serato, Support
Ian W 3:05 AM - 14 January, 2015
Hey Djaward,

Another thing you might want to look into is your Platter Speed in your Setup menu to see if its the same as your turntables.

Also have you set your BPM range to your desired preference?

If that doesn't solve it flick a ticket through at support.serato.com and someone from the support team will help you out with your issues.

Cheers,

Ian
Djaward 1:09 AM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
Hey Djaward,

Another thing you might want to look into is your Platter Speed in your Setup menu to see if its the same as your turntables.

If that doesn't solve it flick a ticket through at support.serato.com and someone from the support team will help you out with your issues.

Cheers,

Ian

I change my BPMs with the OFF-LINE mode. Is there anything I can adjust?
Djaward 1:11 AM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
Hey Djaward,

Cheers,

Ian

I change my BPMs when nothing is connected. Is it easier to do it when I have my mixer connected?
Djaward 1:12 AM - 15 January, 2015
Wow didnt mean for that to happen. Sorry guys.
reinhold 5:52 AM - 17 January, 2015
Having lots of issues with drop outs on 7.3 -- went back in time to 7.2 still have issues with drop outs - seems it using a lot of CPU up. Running Yos OS 10.10.1 -

Other specs -
2.9 ghz intel cor 7
8 GB memory

Have tried cleaning out this computer, and shutting down wifi & bluetooth. Still having lots of issues, a lot happen when I use effects. I emailed help - not heard back yet?
jah_bva 10:28 AM - 17 January, 2015
Still having drop out issue even in offline mode
running sdj 7.3
mac os yos
8gb
2.5 ghz icore 5

i too have optimized my mac according to serato and yet still problem exists
riro 6:14 PM - 19 January, 2015
where problem ? serato or OS yosemite
Djaward 7:08 AM - 20 January, 2015
Serato ADMIN,

I think there is a problem with the BPM system in SDJ (when doing it manually).

Its very difficult to adjust the BPM on each song. The Auto BPM throws the track BPM way off. When I analyzed my tracks in SDJ, it set my 70 BPM tracks to a 93 BPM. I made sure my BPM range was set appropriately before analyzing. When I tried to fixing it in SDJ, it took me a long time to adjust just one song. If it doesnt pick up the BPM while doing it manually, it sets it at 40. Then I have to start all over.

I tried using the track pad and the space bar and could not get it right. I decided to shut down SDJ and turn on SSL. I fixed the BPMs in a shorter amount of time.

Is there something I need to change in SDJ to make the track pad more sensitive?
riro 9:09 AM - 20 January, 2015
always lag sdj 1.7.3 ddjr os yosemite 10.10.1
downgrade to mavericks and no problem lag sdj 1.7.3
DJ SL1 4:58 PM - 23 January, 2015
the only issues i am still noticing with the new software and yosemite is that my ddj-sz lags sometimes and my library is starting to lose the files and cant find them when i hit locate lost files. i have to locate the file myself drag and drop it in then delete the one that is supposedly missing from my crates. As far as the lag it happens with the hot cue and scratching and throws me really off and the only fix is closing serato and reopening it again. any ideas?
DJ SL1 12:23 AM - 30 January, 2015
Anyone?
spofftastic 12:40 AM - 30 January, 2015
I have noticed a few drops in my set on 10.10.1 and DJ 1,7.2. No FX or anything like that - just mixing. The work around fix is better so I do not have to deal with the lag. But still small noticeable dropouts. I Will love this system once its as stable as scratch live was for the almost 10 years I had it. Moving in the right direction though!

Yosemite 10.10.1
2014 MBP 15.4"
2.6 Ghz quad core i7
16 gb ram
512 stock SSD.
Deejay Steve 4:20 AM - 30 January, 2015
I use Serato DJ 1.7.2 & have no drop outs with Pioneer ddjsx or SL4 box. I'm also using 10.10.1 with an older i7 15'' macbook pro 500gb hard drive & 8gb ram so very strange.
BleedR 11:04 AM - 30 January, 2015
I have dropouts with 1.7.3 and VCI 380.
SL4 so far works with no hearable dropouts (I have THOUSANDS when I look in the log file)
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:29 PM - 30 January, 2015
1.7.3 SL-3, VCI-380 Working perfect with 5ms buffer. Yosemite 10.10.2
DJ SL1 11:11 PM - 30 January, 2015
I'm not having dropouts just a delay from time to time and once I get it it doesn't not leave until I restart the program which isn't good in a gig
Deejay Steve 1:51 PM - 31 January, 2015
Another DJ told me the delay can be sorted without a restart by moving the buffer in settings then hit apply. I haven't tried it yet but post if it works for you. You can move it off then back to your original buffer setting in one move. Hope this helps
benloren 7:38 PM - 31 January, 2015
so i've updated to 1.7.3 and yesterday to OSX 10.10.2 and last night the mac crashed.

white blocks on the screen, complete silence followed by a reboot.

any ideas?

p***ed off to say the least!
DonRick 4:49 PM - 1 February, 2015
Quote:

after the upgrade to yosemite X on my Macbook Pro 2011, 2,3 GHz Intel Core 5 4GB 1333 MHZ, played several times with Pioneer DDJ SR & SB... Biggest problem is the audio drops out for 2-3 tenths of a second.... never had this problem before the upgrade
BleedR 8:23 PM - 1 February, 2015
This weeks experience, played 3 times with 1.7.3 and 10.10.1,each time with different hardware.
vci 380 and sl4 with tt and cdj

One major dropout with vci 380, and two little dropouts with sl4 when used with cdjs (I don't know if this matters, but the sl4 has a preamp for phono and digital, so just for info).

benloren I'm f*cking afraid updating anything, even updating to 10.10.2 as I know serrato dj might f*ck up any time. Each time it freezes for a second (without an obvious reason for me), I reported a few bugs btw, I'm getting a heart rate of 200 as it might crash!
DJ Tapout 12:16 AM - 3 February, 2015
I had a bad drop-out this weekend using 380 with SDJ 1.7.3
then about 30min later SDJ 1.7.3 froze

are they ever going to get this fixed???????????

Back to SSL 2.5 I go (Just have to carry my 62 and 1200's or CDJ's like i have done thousands of times)
DJ Baby Boy 2:07 AM - 3 February, 2015
Quote:
I had a bad drop-out this weekend using 380 with SDJ 1.7.3
then about 30min later SDJ 1.7.3 froze

are they ever going to get this fixed???????????

Did you submit a support ticket? If not then no it will not ever get fixed because they have no information about what exactly is happening and how it's affecting what types of systems
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:52 AM - 3 February, 2015
What buffer setting you all using that are having this dropout issue?
BleedR 9:02 AM - 3 February, 2015
I don't get any replies to the bug reports I send anymore!
They get lost... or ignored or whatever...
Even known bugs aren't being fixed for months (if they ever will)
dj govin 1:50 PM - 11 March, 2015
I haven't had any problems with the updates using SSL.. SDJ lags a little when using cdjs.. currently running on 10.10.1(mid 2012 Macbook Pro).. really scared to update to 10.10.2.. anyone updated their mac to 10.10.2? if u have how is it??
Deejay Steve 11:08 AM - 12 March, 2015
I have updated to the latest version of 10.10.2 on the Mac with no issues whatsoever using Serato DJ 1.7.2 on 2 different quad core processor MacBooks. I had problems using Serato DJ 1.7.3 so haven't upgraded that. Hope this helps
AteBitBoy 7:28 AM - 13 March, 2015
only reason I am still reluctant is the fact I had sporadic issues with Serato Video and later versions of Maverick until finally stabilized in 10.9.5. I'm worried if I go Yoesmite I'll have non-sense issues again that only resolved after several restarts or unplugs.

Anyone using Serato Video with massive library without issue on Yosemite that can vouch for safe upgrade? My boss will kill me if show up and can't VJ...
Deejay Steve 12:26 PM - 13 March, 2015
I video DJ too but use MixEmergency with zero issues. If your current setup ain't broke then don't fix it!!
Dj AR1 4:37 PM - 14 March, 2015
Quote:
I video DJ too but use MixEmergency with zero issues. If your current setup ain't broke then don't fix it!!

Deejay Steve...
how does emergency key works with the video?
i just start mixing with videos and i want get most of the info need it for.
Deejay Steve 5:38 PM - 14 March, 2015
I've got both MixEmergency and Serato Video. ME runs along side Serato DJ and just works with the added plus of using less system resources and if ME crashes (which has never happened to me) it will not take Serato DJ with it so you only lose the screen and not the audio. IMO and a lot of other video DJs ME is the go to video player for Serato DJ/Scratch Live.
I would recommend ME although you would have to pay for it over and above Serato Video but you won't look back I promise and it's worth ever penny.
dj latin j 8:35 AM - 24 May, 2015
Will Yosemite 10.10.2 & Maverick work using*SDJ?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:00 AM - 25 May, 2015
Hey dj latin j

Both 10.9.5 Mavericks and 10.10.2/3 Yosemite are fully supported with Serato DJ.

Cheers
dj latin j 4:51 AM - 25 May, 2015
Thanx Aaron, I have another question for anyone who can help,I have 2 laptops,2006 macbook pro,with snow leopard 10.6; 2gb&160gb on HD,and 2007 mcp with mountain lion 10.8; 2gb & 250gb on HD, I just added to my inventory an m-audio axiom25 and a launch pad,both came without software, besides Abelton what other software can I use,thinkabout of shopping on EBay,,
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:58 PM - 25 May, 2015
No problem man.

I think your next question is best left for the community though as there's quite a lot of possibility (and opinion!) around what would be best for that setup.

You might want to start your own thread saying exactly what advice you're after and I'm sure a bunch of people will jump in with their thoughts.

Cheers
dj latin j 9:47 AM - 26 May, 2015
Thanx,I just opened one up, good thinking there man, Praying for some good news Lol'd, good chatting from Chicago,
skybluekid 3:17 AM - 19 June, 2015
Just tried Serato for the first time after moving from VDJ. On first night Mac Book Air crashed continually. Tracks that were analysed disappeared after I exited the programme, then re-started it. The External HDD is formatted with NTFS, and I was told that this could be the problem....

My question is:- Would the HDD formatting type cause the problems on it's own, or have I another problem.

Thanks in advance
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:28 AM - 19 June, 2015
Hey skybluekid

Yes, the formatting of your HDD to NTFS format is likely to be the cause here as this format is for Windows only. To run a hard drive with a Mac successfully, you should format it to Mac OS Journaled or FAT 32 which can be used with either Mac or Windows.

If you have any issues after re-formatting, hit up our support team at support.serato.com. We're always here to help :)

Cheers, Aaron
skybluekid 3:31 AM - 19 June, 2015
Many Thanks Aaron, I'll try that. :-)
boabmatic 8:06 AM - 19 June, 2015
You can use NTFS if you install 3rd party drivers to allow read/write capabilities to Mac.

Mac's can only read NTFS partitions by default.

Check this page out..

www.macbreaker.com
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:16 PM - 21 June, 2015
Yeah, this is a possibility, thanks for the addition boabmatic.

We don't recommend this however as anything you place between Serato DJ and your hard drive introduces risk.

You also don't know what the development support will be like for these drivers going forward. It can be challenging for anyone keeping everything working smoothly OS-wise as Apple updates so regularly these days.

I would still recommend re-formatting your drive (after backing up of course) to Mac OS Journaled, or FAT 32 if you want to use both Mac and Windows platforms.

Cheers, Aaron
Matty G NJ 3:23 AM - 28 June, 2015
i have a 2015 macbook os x yosemite 10.10.3 with two usb ports, i can't get my 900 srt and 2000 nxs to run... what the hell is going on? when i plug just the 900 into my laptop, it cuts out, or distorts like crazy...HELP
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:07 PM - 28 June, 2015
Hey Matty G NJ

That sounds like it may be a firmware issue. Have you got the latest firmware for your DJM-900SRT?

If updating the firmware doesn't resolve the issue, it would be best to open a help request with the team so someone can troubleshoot with you directly. You can get that going by hitting the green button here: support.serato.com

Cheers
Supagee 10:18 PM - 28 June, 2015
I had the same issue MATTY G when i plugged into the 900srt at the radio station. we tried everything but it was brutal.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:31 PM - 28 June, 2015
That's no good Supagee. Are you on the latest firmware?

Once again, best to open a help request so one of the team can troubleshoot if a firmware update doesn't help.

Thanks
dameon B 1:19 PM - 9 July, 2015
Hey guys. So I'm currently running OSX Lion on a Late 2011 MacBook Pro and I finally wish to upgrade my OSX to Yosemite before the new OSX El Capitan comes out in the fall. As you can probably tell, I'm not an early adopter and my philosophy was "it still worked awesome, so why change it". Serato has however dropped support for OSX Lion with the latest version of DJ, so that is also another reason why I wish to upgrade now. My present hardware consists of a Vestax VCI 300 for small gigs (yes it still works) and a Rane 62 (just updated the firmware to the 2.21 build as I'm still more comfortable using Scratch Live at gigs) along with Pioneer CDJ 850k's for larger events. My plan is to do an "upgrade install" of the OS instead of a "clean install" as I don't want to have to migrate all my files and redo all my preferences and settings etc. Is there any special steps that I need to keep in mind after I update example Rescan ID3 tags and re-analyse my whole library? Or is that unnecessary? Any tips/advice is welcomed. I just did a time machine backup and also updated my bootable clone back up using CCC just in case something goes wrong. Thanks in advance.
ParisCreative 2:40 PM - 9 July, 2015
You should be good overall, but do you have two laptops in case the upgrade fails and your OS unrecoverable?
dameon B 3:17 PM - 9 July, 2015
Yeah. Luckily I do. I just decided to update my older laptop running Snow Leopard first. I didn't make any back up of it tho. My wife mostly uses it now and she just wanted to save her pictures lol. When it's all done I'll take. Look at it later
dameon B 4:07 PM - 9 July, 2015
So the update to OSX Yosemite went well, but somehow now that I open Serato my library is gone. No crates, no songs, it's like a fresh install. The music is still on the hard drive though. How do I get my crates and music back into Serato?
ParisCreative 4:09 PM - 9 July, 2015
(wild guess) Check your _Serato_ directory and see if you see the structure of your crates in there. If not then you will have to work off a backup.
dameon B 4:18 PM - 9 July, 2015
I'm not sure what to look for there but My _serato_ folder has a file that says smart crates but when I double click it, it's empty. I never used smart crates though. Always manually made all my crates. I haven't used this laptop to DJ in years but it should still be there right? Like I said the music files etc is still there but no crates and no songs in the left column of my screen. No songs in the library area either. Good thing I didn't do this with my gig laptop first lol.
dameon B 4:29 PM - 9 July, 2015
Now that I have checked my gig laptop there is a crates folder in the _serato_ folder. I'm copying that along with the _serto_Backup folder to a flash drive as I type. So the question now is "if I run into this same problem when I update my main laptop, would the fix be as easy as copying those _serato_ files over? I'm a bit of a novice at this as this is my first ever OS upgrade. The only major thing I did library wise before was transferring from an external to my internal drive. Thanks for your help
Deejay Steve 3:41 PM - 11 July, 2015
I recommend backing up the folders _Serato_ & _Serato_Backup before you do anything. All of you crates and other important data is stored there. Then after updates or failures you can easily recover you crate info, just remember to do it for every drive if you use a mixture of internal & external/multiple drives.
You can put this easily on a memory stick usually unless you have recorded sets which will take up a lot of space in the recorded folder.

Hope that helps
dameon B 1:11 AM - 15 July, 2015
Upgraded the OS on my gig laptop to Yosemite, serato library is fine, but it won't connect to my Rane 62 mixer. I had already updated the driver in Lion and updated my mixer's firmware to 2.21. So now there is no "driver update link" in the My Serato box. It just keeps saying connecting to hardware, may take up to a minute. I also went to the midi window and removed the 62 as per the Rane knowledge base instructions. Help.
DJ dVO 2:49 AM - 15 July, 2015
Bad move. Yosemite seems to be the culprit that causes drop out follows by a speed up.
dameon B 4:44 AM - 15 July, 2015
I tried doing the new MIDI config but can't seem to get it as per the instructions. I did reach out to the support crew so hopefully they'll respond soon. Dj dVO I avoided the upgrade for so long. But I used a friends new MacBook Pro running Yosemite on my mixer and it was fine. What gives.
dameon B 4:46 AM - 15 July, 2015
Only difference is his laptop was new with Yosemite pre installed.
Djaward 5:09 PM - 6 August, 2015
So Ive been on Yosemite for quite some time and so far so good but I do have an on going issue.

My equipment,
Pioneer SRT 900
Pioneer PLX 1000 decks.

My minor problem,

Sometimes Serato dj glitches (a 3 second pause) when it returns the Digital turntables have a huge delay. I do a baby scratch on the turntable, 2 seconds later it does it on the screen. The sound is delayed to.

The only way to fix this is by disconnecting the USB cables and reconnecting them. Happens once a night and every other gig, sometimes back to back gigs.

Could it be my cables? They do feel kinda loose when connected to my mac, but thats how all my factory cables feel.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:11 PM - 6 August, 2015
What version you using as this was fixed in 1.7.6
Djaward 5:27 PM - 6 August, 2015
The latest version. It happened this past Saturday during the first dance. So I quickly turned to itunes and played the track off of that.

Ive gotten accustom to connect itunes before every gig, just to be safe.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:28 PM - 6 August, 2015
I would open a support ticket with serato as they will defo want to know about this.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:29 PM - 6 August, 2015
Hey Djaward

Do you have any log files from sessions when this happened you could send us? You can find them in ...Music/_Serato_/Logs and send them to support@serato.com attn: Aaron

Also, are you certain you've had this issue since updating to SDJ 1.7.6, or was the last event maybe before updating (about a month ago)?

Thanks,
Aaron
Djaward 8:47 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Hey Djaward

Do you have any log files from sessions when this happened you could send us? You can find them in ...Music/_Serato_/Logs and send them to support@serato.com attn: Aaron

Also, are you certain you've had this issue since updating to SDJ 1.7.6, or was the last event maybe before updating (about a month ago)?

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron,

Do the logs happen on their own? Because I dont log anything.

And yes, this happened this past weekend August 1.
Djaward 8:47 PM - 6 August, 2015
Ill check the logs when I get home.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:57 PM - 6 August, 2015
Yeah man, the logs are generated automatically. That would be awesome if you could find the log from that session. They are all date and time stamped.

Cheers
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:44 PM - 6 August, 2015
Also - do the waveforms disappear at all when you experience this? And do you still get audio when you have the big latency?

Thanks
Djaward 11:39 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Also - do the waveforms disappear at all when you experience this? And do you still get audio when you have the big latency?

Thanks

Wave forms are there and sound it there, theres just a lag to everything. The screen is not synced up to my hand movement.

So I do a baby scratch on the turntable, 2-3 seconds later I hear the baby scratch on my headphones and the screen Turntable moves and is in sync with the sound.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:49 PM - 6 August, 2015
Ah okay, thanks man.

Keen to get that log if you can get find it and email it in. Make it attention: Aaron.

Can I also ask if your SRT firmware and driver are the latest versions?

Cheers
Djaward 11:56 PM - 6 August, 2015
Quote:
Ah okay, thanks man.

Keen to get that log if you can get find it and email it in. Make it attention: Aaron.

Can I also ask if your SRT firmware and driver are the latest versions?

Cheers

I have not updated the firmware and drivers (read I didnt need to unless I purchased before a certain date). How it came in the box is how Ive been using it since. I got it in December of 2014.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:39 AM - 7 August, 2015
Okay, sounds like you're most likely on the latest versions.

Could I ask you to open the driver utility though and double check against the version numbers on the Pioneer site: www.pioneerdj.com

It would be good to be certain of this before investigating further.

Thanks, Aaron
Djaward 3:39 PM - 7 August, 2015
Aaron, just sent you all the info. Let me know if you need anything else.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:11 PM - 9 August, 2015
Thanks man. I'll take a look at them and let you know by email if I need more info.

If you hit the issue again, can you please send in the log from the session straight away.

Cheers, Aaron
dj govin 3:57 PM - 25 August, 2015
is 1.7.7 stable?? using 10.10.1 yosemite Macbook pro (mid 2012)..
DJ dVO 4:17 PM - 25 August, 2015
it is better than previous releases that I can tell....
PopRoXxX 4:21 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
it is better than previous releases that I can tell....

+1!
Deejay Steve 7:21 PM - 26 August, 2015
1.7.6 is stable for sure, I haven't upgraded yet as I felt I didn't need to. Hope this helps
thorissr 9:40 PM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
1.7.6 is stable for sure, I haven't upgraded yet as I felt I didn't need to. Hope this helps

+1

Did has been my experience as well.
Deejay Steve 9:37 AM - 27 August, 2015
Forgot to say I'm on a MacBook with the latest operating system which from the top of my head is 10.10.4
djupperkutz 4:00 PM - 30 August, 2015
hi
i have a 15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009
Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Software OS X 10.8.5 (12F2560)

i use a SL3 with sertao dj and some times scratch live

with this year of macbook pro and anyone else with same set up experienced problem if i was to upgrade to my OS to yosemite.

i was told a macbook pro of this age will not work well with yosemite.????
Deejay Steve 4:31 PM - 30 August, 2015
Hi djupperkutz, I'm running a 13-inch mid 2010 2.4GHz Intel Core Duo, 8Gb 1067 MHz DDR3 on Yosemite 10.10.4 with no issues so in my mind you should in theory be ok with upgrading your laptop. I'm running flawlessly Serato DJ 1.7.6 (1762583) on 3 different Macs including the 13-inch mentioned above on Pioneer DDJ-SX & SL4

Hope this helps, the only minor issue I have is with deleting files/crates which delete from the software but NOT the hard drive but I have found a workaround which works for me
djupperkutz 9:00 PM - 31 August, 2015
thanks Steve for your feedback. still a bit nervous about upgrading but might give it a go.
pdidy 9:23 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
thanks Steve for your feedback. still a bit nervous about upgrading but might give it a go.

what do you hope to gain by updating ?
djupperkutz 9:29 PM - 31 August, 2015
no looking to gain anything for serato.
just looking to update to a newer OS.
Nackers 3:12 PM - 5 September, 2015
Quote:
Upgraded the OS on my gig laptop to Yosemite, serato library is fine, but it won't connect to my Rane 62 mixer. I had already updated the driver in Lion and updated my mixer's firmware to 2.21. So now there is no "driver update link" in the My Serato box. It just keeps saying connecting to hardware, may take up to a minute. I also went to the midi window and removed the 62 as per the Rane knowledge base instructions. Help.

i have a 13-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2011
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Software OS X 10.10.5
SDJ version 1.7.8

I recently updated from mountain lion to Yosemite
I used my DDj-SX2 perfectly last night after the update
I went to plug in my SL4 box with SDJ today i kept getting this message
'connecting to hardware, may take up to a minute' but it never connected
do i need to reinstall / remove the drivers or something? sorry for my ignorance but how do i go about that? How can i fix this or should i just reload mountain lion from my old backup
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:14 PM - 6 September, 2015
Hey Nackers

Sounds like it would be best to get in touch with the support team on this one. There could be a few possible causes of this and it would be good to troubleshoot step by step with one of the team at support.serato.com

Cheers,
Aaron
SteezyBaby 7:56 PM - 20 November, 2015
Greetings all! I have just recently purchases the Pioneer DDJ-SB2. Is it possible for me to use Ableton software or strictly Serato software?
SteezyBaby 7:57 PM - 20 November, 2015
How is the Serato Software functioning in terms of right now? Any problems or issues currently happening? I am a little iffy on using the software.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:37 PM - 22 November, 2015
Hey SteezyBaby

I don't believe your DDJ-SB2 can be used with Ableton natively, but you could check with Pioneer to see if there is a way.

As for Serato software, Serato DJ-Intro 1.2.6 and Serato DJ 1.8 are both very stable and recommended. If you have any issues with the software, don't hesitate to get in touch with the support team through support.serato.com

Aaron