Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Mac OS Yosemite

Youngtee 5:45 AM - 11 June, 2014
So with Yosemite coming to mac this fall hopefully Serato DJ isn't to buggy, I don't know bout most people but I usually update my mac and had no real big issues with Serato.
boabmatic 8:57 AM - 11 June, 2014
There was another post and someone had already tried SDJ on the Yosemite beta and was working fine.
Youngtee 6:11 PM - 11 June, 2014
Oh wicked well I guess I'm up grading to Yosemite then cheers boamatic
boabmatic 8:40 PM - 11 June, 2014
Still early doors for Yosemite not even got the public beta never mind close to a released version.

I'd always waiting a minimum of 2/3 weeks to make sure any apps I'm using have not been reported having issues.

Normally wait for the first main update (10.10.1) before thinking about updating my gig laptop though.
Youngtee 9:31 PM - 11 June, 2014
This is true! I've got two laptops in my household so I usually update the mac air first see if it's buggy and then my main MacBook Pro but most of the time I've been pretty luck with no issues with a OS X update and serato.
deejdave 5:48 AM - 12 June, 2014
Do yourself a favor and look under the Mavericks posts or any other OS prior to that. Moral of the story is it is no different than any other time or OS. Until Serato announces official support you are taking a risk and worse if anything goes wrong you are on your own and Serato has no responsibility to help you out.......... although they try to sometimes anyway.

If you can afford the risk then why not? I have 4 MacBook Pro's so I do end up trying the beta's BUT you best believe there will be NO Yosemite on my main laptop until official support as I refuse to be "that guy".
Youngtee 5:56 AM - 12 June, 2014
Totally agree with hence why I use the mac air first I don't update the OS on my main laptop until I'm fully sure of Course but I haven't had any issue in the past
deejdave 6:05 AM - 12 June, 2014
Not to be a nitpicker BUT keep in mind even if you run Yosemite on your air for 15 years with no issue whatsoever that is in no way a guarantee you will have no issues on your MacBook Pro. Just sayin................ I am sure you get it and all but just keep in mind there are those who are not so "swift" around here lo. You want a good laugh............. just keep poking your head around here for the next month or two while the crash test dummies come out to play. I usually have a lot of fun with other users (the name pdidy comes to mind) watching others crash & burn. Some will never learn. With the Mavericks release we had users here go out and gig with Mav's (without testing) then have Serato crash. Like 2 weeks later a new version of Serato came out and THOSE SAME USERS were complaining about crashes during a live set with the new version of Serato because they again didn't test............. I guarantee if you research the forum archives those same users will be posting any day now on how yosemite is crashing their set LOL. History tends to repeat itself.
Youngtee 6:49 AM - 12 June, 2014
Baaaahaha yes I totally agree it is usually the same people that are quick to bad mouth Serato as well and who in their right mind does a gig without really testing.

I test my gear and software all the time before a gig even two days and the the night before.

I've read some post of djs at their actual gigs complaining their software is acting up because they didn't test it before hand.
sunstarfire 2:20 PM - 9 July, 2014
There is another thread, but the current dev prev (3) of Yosemite works fine with a DDJ-S1.
Youngtee 7:00 PM - 11 July, 2014
Thanks sunstarfire
officialcrush 12:01 AM - 19 July, 2014
interesting I installed serato dj and it does not recognize the rane 62 so NOGO here on yosymite beta3 and latest sera to dj and latest firmware of rane62 drivers let me know if anyone else has had any luck
deejdave 12:17 AM - 19 July, 2014
I am assuming you had the 62 working fine on Mav's?
officialcrush 12:46 AM - 19 July, 2014
correct
Youngtee 2:11 AM - 20 July, 2014
Dang thats a bummer cause I'm using the rane sixty one so hopefully I don't run into this or Serato updates so the its compatible.
Youngtee 1:07 AM - 15 September, 2014
I've been using Yosemite with serrate for a week now and no problems so far
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:33 AM - 15 September, 2014
Hey guys,

If you're using Rane hardware you may want to hold tight before updating to Yosemite, as the hardware will not connect. Rane are currently looking into a driver update to support Yosemite so hold tight for now :)

For all other hardware, we recommend waiting until official support is announced, having said that a number of people have updated and don't seem to be having problems, so it's really up to you. If you update and come across any issues please let us know!
Youngtee 9:24 PM - 20 October, 2014
Is there any update for this from rane?

Yeah Yosemite not reading my Sixty one at all Bummer.
pdidy 11:25 PM - 20 October, 2014
Quote:
You want a good laugh............. just keep poking your head around here for the next month or two while the crash test dummies come out to play. I usually have a lot of fun with other users (the name pdidy comes to mind) watching others crash & burn. Some will never learn.

Im not gonna lie, I do get a kick out of pissing off the clarkbunch.files.wordpress.com
deejdave 11:31 PM - 20 October, 2014
Quote:
If you're using Rane hardware you may want to hold tight before updating to Yosemite

Quote:
If you're using Rane hardware you may want to hold tight before updating to Yosemite

As far as I know this is still the status............... No worries though as you are saving yourself from any troubles by sticking with a supported OS.
boabmatic 12:36 PM - 24 October, 2014
there are new rane drivers in the 1.7.2 public beta that are to support yosemite
deejdave 8:21 PM - 24 October, 2014
Correct.
DJ GRIAL 5:38 AM - 23 January, 2015
I upgraded to Yosemite now I cant do video with mix emergency. I get a lot of audio drops, the only way to dj is just audio no problems with that. I will have to downgrade.