Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tips: Rane Interfaces with Serato DJ

8:49 PM, 19 Dec 2013
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
danny the menace 12:54 AM - 10 February, 2014
How ca i use anti-trainspotting??.Thanks
dj blueprint 1:41 AM - 10 February, 2014
as long as scratch live will work on my mac i wont change to serato dj because u took a perfect product and turned it in a children's toy
DJ - A.B.BASS 1:57 AM - 10 February, 2014
Quote:
as long as scratch live will work on my mac i wont change to serato dj because u took a perfect product and turned it in a children's toy

:-OO Same on my WINDOWS PC!

So true, so true.
DJ Majestic 2:03 AM - 10 February, 2014
Please tell me how to adjust the master gain to default at 9 0'clock. I had to go into settings and turn the db down to 89. I still have SSL installed and their I have the db set at 95, and never clipped once. Can I please get some answers so I can use the upgrade outside at gigs. Thank you.
dj shadow from detroit 2:50 AM - 10 February, 2014
where is the master volume knob located on in 1.6 ?
DJ Saminda 8:49 AM - 10 February, 2014
I have got a Rane SL2 after I plug it with Serato DJ 1.6 it works but doesn't get the same sound quality.It plays too slow.an I have update the drivers too on SL2.
how can I fix it?
I used
Serato DJ version 1.6
CD Player Pioneer 850
Hardwaer Rane SL2
Mixer Pioneer DDJ SX (unplug to the computer)
djdrake2 3:00 PM - 10 February, 2014
MASTER GAIN !!!!! MIDI MAPPING LIKE IN Scratch live
Dj Nad 8:17 PM - 10 February, 2014
keep in mind guys, serato dj didn't work good for me with CDJ's & time code ,,, disaster .
never try this in your set & keep ur SSL installed , cheers
DJ Saminda 9:53 PM - 10 February, 2014
Hey Nad,

Make sure the rpm setting in the Setup screen is set to 33 if you are using CD players.
It works fine for me with Rane SL2
Dj Nad 10:11 PM - 10 February, 2014
hey thx but yes all set up is fine but they have a bug in serato dj 1.6.0 & the problem is that it doesn't start from the cue point when you click play, it will start before or after the cue saved & rarely on the actual cue point, they knowledge the problem already after my report & it seems a major one, I'm using SL4 & Nexus CDJ 2000.
check I t out : serato.com
cheers
John aka. DJ Exzile 6:21 AM - 20 February, 2014
Quote:
hey thx but yes all set up is fine but they have a bug in serato dj 1.6.0 & the problem is that it doesn't start from the cue point when you click play, it will start before or after the cue saved & rarely on the actual cue point, they knowledge the problem already after my report & it seems a major one, I'm using SL4 & Nexus CDJ 2000.
check I t out : serato.com
cheers

been having the same problem ever since i switch fro serato scratch live to serato dj, im using a pair pioneer cjs 850s pioneer djm 600 and sl4 box, how do i fix this issue kinda annoying..
DJ Saminda 6:53 AM - 20 February, 2014
Hi,
I Just want to know If I'm using Rane SL2 with Serato DJ1.6 (DVS) How can I fully midi map with my Kontrol X1 with the software like as the Scratch Live. or is it just up to limited midi mapping.
If you have anything I would like to know.

Thanks,
Cheers,
Saminda
DJ Majestic 1:58 PM - 23 February, 2014
Where are the moderators from Rane/Serato? Can we get an update an answers to this db problem? Thank you.
dj conway 10:08 AM - 5 August, 2014
I have just updated my drivers for serato DJ but now SSL 2.5 wont reconise my SL3. Is there any way to uninstall that update or reinstall an older driver update. This is happining on both windows 7 and 8. Any one else had this problem?
N.Dee. Rick 10:36 AM - 14 April, 2015
Hi, how do i confirm that i habe a license by using the sl3 to get the lower price for the club kit? Does serato recognize that i have that license automatically?
Rich Bassix 12:13 AM - 29 April, 2019
I’m probably being dumb but I played at a club the other night on their SL4 box, changed the primary deck configuration but forgot to change back after... I only have SL3 box, is there any way I can switch back without having an SL4 box?